Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Nuits de Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer for women

Nuits de Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer for women

Nuits de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer is a Floral fragrance for women. Nuits de Scherrer was launched in 1994. The fragrance features orange, sandalwood, lily, amber, violet, green apple, freesia, vanilla, jasmine, incense, ylang-ylang, bergamot and rose.

Orange Sandalwood Lily Amber Violet Green Apple Freesia Vanilla Jasmine Incense Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Rose

Nuits de Scherrer Fragrance Reviews

I have both Nuits de Scherrer and Nuits Indiennes.
These are entirely different fragrances!
Nuits de Scherrer is a light oriental floral, while Nuits Indiennes is very rich and complex,animalistic oriental with mega sillage (and I am talking about EDT version).

Is the same called "Nuits Indiennes" early in the 90's ?

I bought it unsniffed an EDT version and was expecting something glamourous and exotic but honestly all i get is apple vinegar note at the beginning. Very sour and disturbing. First time i tried it i thought i might be mistaken and it simply cannot be true, but then other 2 times it was always the same. Very sharp opening that lasts and lasts and doesn´t go away. This must be orange with a lot of fresia.
Then after 5 minutes it begins to settle down and it becomes more pleasant. The lilly comes through though it is still surpressed by the opening note of orange. I hardly smell any vanilla in it but i do get the sharp flower notes. My verdict is still the same: to me it smells like aplle vinegar mostly!!
So if you have time for this scent to settle down and open up and develope then it is yours. I would say in general that this is a sharp fragrance. Sadly it is not my type of perfume.

UPDATE: 30.july 2013) i have gifted my bottle to a dear friend and on her it smells just amazing. She is a dark brunette and maybe her skin reacts to this fragrance differently, but it smells so potent now and rich. I think i might get another bottle for myself again, since i also started to appreciate this fragrance very much. However nothing beats "Nuits indiennes".

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every rewiev should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

I tried Nuits and was immediately transported to a night garden full of lilies, and imagined myself putting my nose into one lily after another and staining my nose and face with yellow pollen, it is that truely intoxicating the first instant you spray it on.
I find the beginning similar to the classic Dolce and Gabbana (red cap bottle): a lot of powerful florals with a bitter feeling, which is something that I like. Then sandalwood and violet come up, together with the jasmine, orange and ylang. After half an hour the drydown is soft, ambery-orange-jasmine-incense-vanilla, not too sweet, just oriental in feeling. Lovely perfume in a classic style, I love it.

I would like to update my review, as there is something about it which only struck me recently, like a revelation. It just dawned upon me that Nuits has a strong resemblance with Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds, which is why it has that classy feeling. I put it on last night and waited there on the spot with disbelief to check whether it was Nuits at all or White Diamonds instead. Well, people, it seems we have just discovered a similar fragrance.

i love its sweet,inciense,and oily scent,remenber me when i was a litle girl.
In first time ist not too good but in seconds born some marvellous.

I read online somewhere, of Nuits de Scherrer being described as smelling like "Chai tea with honey" and that's exactly what it it is like - a creamy, sweet Chai latte, with a touch of woodyness.

The Top Notes & Middle Notes are a bit strange at first so I was not sure if I liked it. Then I thought I hated it BUT luckily, after the dry down, and the Base Notes came out I loved it.

Once it settles, it sits close to the skin & as I move around I get whiffs of Nuits de Scherrer throughout the day.

Nuits de Scherrer is insensy, foody, woody and sweet at the same time, sophisticated & not too strong.

This is my second Scherrer fragrance, and now one of my favourites.

Very nice!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits de Scherrer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits de Scherrer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nuits de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nuits de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.