Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

S de Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer for women

S de Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer for women
dislike

S de Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures

S de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. S de Scherrer was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Marie-Aude Couture-Bluche. Top notes are pepper and bergamot; middle notes are lily-of-the-valley, tiare flower and rose; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, musk and vanilla.

Pepper Bergamot

Lily-of-the-Valley Tiare Flower Rose

Sandalwood Patchouli Musk Vanilla

Ghost Deepest Night
Kiyo

S de Scherrer Fragrance Reviews

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

I've had a bottle of this in my collection for a few years and haven't worn it much. No idea why I haven't reached for it, after wearing it today I realized how good it is! It starts off sweetish, from the tiare flower probably, then it turns kind of bitter or something not so pleasant to my nose but after all that it turns into the most beautiful dry down of vanilla and patchouli. You have to wait for it. And I love the bottle, with the little do-dad in the corner.
I believe it's suppose to be a figure, a dress form.

marlenej
marlenej

S de Scherrer is, simply put, a gorgeously nuanced fragrance. As several other reviewers have mentioned, it opens as a sweet floral and dries down into a creamy vanilla and patchouli. Sexy and seductive, yes, but in a subtle and elegant way. A must-own for those who love rich, complex scents, and a must-try for everyone else.

Nemosh
Nemosh

It is a very special scent that should give you some time to settle.
In the beginning it is much of anything and very heavy.
After the alcohol evaporates and the smell emerges better. I detect some incense smell and it is a bit powdery with a vanilla undertone.
The perfume remains at least 6 hours with me.
If you like a scent with a challenge, this is certainly recommended.
I regret that I have not bought a larger bottle.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Very sexy coconut milk- tiare flower scent. Great evening scent, especially if a you're going to be showing a little skin.

passionata20
passionata20

To me this is a very fresh and spicy fragrance at the same time. The main scent must be the tiare, i really don´t know how tiare smells like, so i guess it is that one. It is overwhelming but i get a feeling that this is a milky-aquatic fragrance. Haven´t decided yet whether i like it or not, one time i find it pleasant, the other time it is too much for me, have to try it with a hot weather. I like to smell it from a distance, not very close.
After trying it again and again i made a conclusion that because the spices of opening notes fade away so quickly it loses it´s originality and it´s attraction for me. Something is missing here for my nose sadly.
Anyway this is a truly unusual fragrance and a nice add to my growing collection. It won´t become my favorite, but since the lasting power is very good my bottle will last me for few years for sure. I do suggest you try it before you buy it.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

rockrose
rockrose

S de Scherrer is wonderful! I don't get the chypre classification at all, and I do love chypres. This is a soft floral oriental. Think Giorgio (I know..I know!!), and tone it WAY down and soften it with creamy tiare and some musk to make it more modern. I've never smelled anything quite like it before. Sillage is great, but not overwhelming, and I think this could be worn anywhere. I tend to wear it more in warmer weather.

Jean-Louis Scherrer fragrances are not very common here in Australia, so when I stumbled across this fragrance in an exclusive boutique, I was intrigued to see what his fragrances were like.

S de Scherrer is very unique, but pleasant and pretty at the same time. I'm not usually a fan of chypres, however in this case, S de Scherrer has encouraged me to try more.

The fragrance opens quite strongly. To my nose it's mostly a peppery-floral scent with a slight touch of sweetness. The overall quality of the scent, especially when worn on the skin, is quite creamy and warm.

In lots of ways, S de Scherrer is a seductive fragrance. From the very first sniff, the scent is absolutely captivating. It's rather a shame that this fragrance hasn't become that well-known.

The drydown is beautiful. Rich, powdery vanilla on an earthy patchouli base. This blend rounds the scent off nicely.

The bottle design is a litte odd, but certainly likable. However, I don't think it matches the scent very well. S de Scherrer needs an elegant, minimalistic bottle, somewhat similar to the Chanel bottles.

The lasting strength of S de Scherrer is fabulous. The scent also maintains the same amount of sillage from the beginning until the end. It's quite hard to put this beautiful fragrance into words, so I suggest that anyone who feels like this might be the fragrance for them, should get out there and test it as soon as possible.

clairdelune
clairdelune

I wore this for the first time to go out to a nice restaurant for dinner (my Birthday party in fact). I got lucky--it turned out to be the perfect scent for the evening.
S is a beautiful, sophisticated and refined scent which smells expensive. It's also kind of warm and sexy, but in a subtle, not overt way.
I'm really surprised there's not more buzz around this one. To me, it's definitely full bottle worthy. This is going on my wish list.

Flora55
Flora55

I tried a sample of this and now I want more! Very different from the original Scherrer, which I have and love, this one is deliciously redolent of tiare flower and vanilla and is very feminine. I found it to be a "bombshell" style scent, very sexy and seductive, and it would be perfect for either a romantic evening at home or a night out on the town. Highly underrated like most in this line, it deserves to be more popular.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

S de Scherrer is a beautiful & elegant floral oriental fragrance.

Quite a subtle scent. It's not too sweet, & is very fresh. It also lasts a long time on my skin. I can detect the pepper - it works really well with the other notes in this fragrance. The Vanilla is not "creamy" like in a lot of fragrances, but it pulls all the other scents together well.

S de Scherrer is a scent that can easily be worn on a night out with the girls, a romentic night out, or even the office. S de Scherrer is a also a scent which can be worn in Autumn/Winter OR Spring/Summer. It's very versatile.

This fragrance is very hard to get now. I will enjoy every last drop!

Highly recommended.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify S de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of S de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.