Designers » I-K » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women

Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women
dislike

honey
Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures

Scherrer 2 by Jean-Louis Scherrer is a floral aldehyde fragrance for women. Scherrer 2 was launched in 1986. Top notes are aldehydes, pineapple, green notes, mandarin orange, peach, anise and bergamot; middle notes are honey, tuberose, lily, orris root, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, benzoin, vanilla and heliotrope.

Aldehydes Pineapple Green Notes Mandarin Orange Peach Anise Bergamot

Honey Tuberose Lily Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Benzoin Vanilla Heliotrope

Teatro Alla Scala
L`Insolent

Scherrer 2 Fragrance Reviews

Yohji
Yohji

Its spicy oriental-honeyed tuberose. With honeyed pineapple. Olfactory memory whispered: "Valentino Vendetta". But wait....its so much more...
To make its short - ts very loud honey-fruity-tuberose at the beginnining in an expensive way, but then blends with body so well, with a bit of zesty touch on that honeyed pillow, magical fragrance, very confident and seductive, classy one!
Must be in a wardrobe of every Lady like suit or little black dress on my opinion. beautifully made, I like calm aldehydes and amber ammounts.
I LOVE balmy foundation, its so smooth and ..just amazing. I know that too many "wow" from me but I don't understand how I didn't know about Sherrer 2 before.
Going to get it and..to get it again. Forever.

babskrimpen
babskrimpen

Bought myself a miniature edp and just tried it. Put two drops on my wrist and then someone poored honey all over me, then hit me with a bunch of roses! I am trying to find out if I can bare rose in a scent at all, maybe like mixed with honey but noooooo..... Rose destroys the smell of honey and punishes me for trying! Rose smells very much like cheap house scent fir old ladies to me, the honey only enphasizes the sharpness of the rose scent. Sorry to sound disrespectful but now I envision old ladies with wet diapers, trying to cover up the smell with honey!

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

I wore this over the weekend, having taken a sample spritzer to my in laws since I didn't want to pack a big frag bottle. Let me stop here and say if Estee Lauder had not stopped making Youth Dew Amber Nude it would be the ONLIEST thing I would ever wear, frag-wise. I adore the wonder YDAN "cashmere" feel it has and how it warms up slowly and nicely on my skin and just sweetly lingers there all damn day. I love it. I am now just as enamoured of this wonderful Scherrer frag, and it's the closest thing I've found next to YDAN. However, I will say I spritzed about 3 spritzes too many...and it was overwhelming. This to me isn't an aldehyde but a luxurious spice bomb with little hints of honey, tuberose and musk wafting in and out to tease your senses. I will say, that whenever a frag has sandalwood, benzoin, vanilla and amber my body chemistry amplifies them exponentially, practically pushing everything else into the shadows. This makes me very happy! I love this frag, and thankfully now know how to apply it and hope I can find a few more samples on line...it's D I V I N E!

Iris_it
Iris_it

Hello Chickatty,
you can find Scherrer 2 Edp in an Italian online store ( a very realiable one : I often buy rare parfumes there ) . Send me a private message if you wish to have the information . The price is 37 € / 25 ml .
I have been wearing beautiful Scherrer 2 since 1990 and yes , it makes you get many compliments .

Aldehydes are barely perceivable and I would rather say it is a sweet ambery floral , a very "clean" oriental . I love it so much when it becomes a skin scent after several hours : it smells of honeyed milk . The Edt version is strong enough anyway .
This one has been my signature for about a dozen years .

chickatty
chickatty

I began wearing this in 1986 when I found in in a perfume shop in Los Angeles. It was my signature scent for years until I could no longer find it in EDP. In fact, I looked everywhere in Paris last year and couldn't find it anywhere -- even Galleries Lafayette. There is a perfume shop in the Hotel Alexis in Seattle that calls me occasionally to tell me they've received a shipment, but always EDT, never any EDP.

At any rate, if I could find the EDP I'd buy a case. I have NEVER received so many compliments on a fragrance, particularly from men in elevators. To me it's always been a sexy floral/sandalwood/musk. Maybe Oriental. I've tried dozens of other scents, including Bond and Creed, trying to find a substitute, but with no success.

If anyone knows of a source for Scherrer 2 EDP, please post!

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

While, I thought this was a pretty scent, I couldn't wear it. I continued for a couple of hours, but ultimately had to scrub. Which is unusual for me. I think it is the pineapple note, because I couldn't take Sun Moon Stars either, even in vintage form. As for Scherrer 2, it was an odd combo of being able to appreciate it on one level, even while it was raising bile in my throat. It is strong, I agree with that and I am a perfume piggy. Maybe I will try a lighter touch before I unload it. The original Scherrer is perfection though....

suhaesa
suhaesa

i wish all the perfumes in the world smelled like this..i really don't think it got what it deserves from fame and world wide distribution.. maybe because nothing else will sell next to it!.. this scent is heavenly ..its one of the best top ten perfumes in the whole world.. its classy, classic, refined, modern ,feminine, light oriental, powdery, balmy ,light yet deep, pure, its magic in a bottle.. it s really amazing ..i don't know why its not sold every where ,its very difficult to buy from real shops not on line ..i simply adore this scent..its a master piece.. its a true perfumers perfume that is timeless ..if you didn't smell this yet you are missing a mile stone in perfumery..from how much i adore it i find myself speechless its hard to explain its beauty or mystery that lies in its simplicity ..its a truly beautiful perfume that nothing can even come close to it in status..

rating 5 out of 5

judyk
judyk

@Nelken, I agree with all that you say, except for the last bit. I'm also a petite fair-skinned mousey-blonde who dresses casually most of the time, but you know what? I'm gonna smell bloody gorgeous!! ;-)

Nelken
Nelken

You have to be into "big" oriental fragrances ( YSL Opium, Rochas Byzance, Lauder Cinnabar, Guerlain Shalimar, Dior Dioressence) to enjoy wearing this one.

I don't mean that they smell similar. It is just that Scherrer 2 is one of those scents that tend to make you feel like a princess from a "A Thousand And One Nights" story.

The opening notes are deliciously, wonderfully fruity, with just the right amount of sweetness thanks to the honey. I don't get the aldehydes at all, so much the better !
Apart from tuberose and heliotrope,I also find it difficult to pick up the floral notes, at least individually.
The woody (sandalwood),distinctly animalic (ambergris rather than amber IMO) and resinous (benzoin) base is so amazing it is addictive.Each time I catch a whiff of it I get carried away.

Perfectly, impressively beautiful though I may find it, it is not something I will ever wear. It is just not me.
Yes, I do think not everybody can pull this off. A matter of personality and looks (or style).
I can picture an exotic beauty wearing this, a woman with an olive/ dark complexion and dark eyes, or a somewhat feline caucasian woman with high cheekbones who enjoys wearing hippie / bohemian style clothes and jewelry.
...I am a petite fair skinned brunette who dresses casually most of the time...forget it !

I have coveted Scherrer 2 for the longest time.
Proving impossible to find I had all but given up when quite unexpectedly I stumbled across a 100ml bottle of EDT going for a song.

Delightful it is. The top is full and luminous bursting with spiced fruits, a mixed compote garnished with citrus zest and star anise.

Surprisingly I cannot detect the high altitude frozen fresh water note I usually associate with aldehydes, instead the evolution is somehow diluted by the formulation thawing, perhaps as a result of not reaching the snow capped summit? My gut tells me this would not happen with the EDP. Really I am guessing.

The promised floral heart evaporates during this process, leaving only a trickle of base notes, the weak infusion is exhausted by this stage and before too long completely spent except for a divine ambery residue, the faintest whiff of seduction close to the skin.

I live in a subtropical climate so there is considerable merit in having Scherrer 2 EDT at my disposal for those temperate summer days when I feel like wearing something heavier, but not too heavy.

With that in mind, Scherrer 2 EDT is just right.

puppynose
puppynose

I LOVE this in the edp which I've only found in the 25ml size or smaller- I'd love to get a big bottle, but can only find larger sizes in edt. I'm hesitant to try the edt as my experience with other fragrances such as Diva have made me gun shy. I love Diva in the edp but can't even tolerate the edt. Has anyone tried this in both versions? If you have tried both and compared, are they the same scent but only less concentrated in the edt or is the distribution of notes different between the edp and the edt? I find the edt is sometimes lacking many base and even heart notes and or presents extra and or excess top notes- often screechy ones to my nose, relative to the edp of any given scent.. So if you have any observations I'd love to know- as this is not a small expenditure in either form!

heidii
heidii

bought a mini for 75 cent and its really wonderfull,i still can not believe i bought it for that price.
i found the perfume (as others mentioned before) similar to coco, but it has a aldehyde twist and it has less sillage than coco, which is a good thing in my opinion. The pineapple is very noticable too and despite the fruitiness, it is still very classy. Im considering a full bottle now.

imoore
imoore

reminds me of Jil Sander no 4 a lot
since both have anise and apricot, it is not a big surprise
for me the winter choice the Jil Sander, and in spring and autumn I prefer this one
my cat hate it, never mind
neither one of them are for the hot days,
in my opinion it is a floral fruity perfume with a cough medicine kind of drydown

nyoka
nyoka

This one has it all.All beautifully blended into one longlasting milky drydown.Fruits,flowers,little spice.A good yr round fume.Any where any time.Well roundedWould recommend!

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

I was on holiday in the Bahamas and on the main street every shop either sold rum, or sold perfumes. I went in one, didn't know what to get and just grabbed this one and loved it. I was still in early teens, but boy, I thought this is one truly amazing grown up fragrance.

VERY VERY VERY Classy!
Actually, just like Balenciaga, ALL Scherrer perfumes are a must have.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Simply lovely stuff! Just the right amount of fruit with a fullness from the aldehydes. The honey is very noticable but not overpowering giving roundness to the florals. The bottom notes are blended just right providing a plushness that is stunning.
I find this to be a very feminine full bodied scent, warm and inviting and perfect for winter wear.
Update: fades really fast. Too bad...

CaraMia
CaraMia

An absolutely fabulous fragrance. It comes across as a spicy floral in the cooler weather but the warm weather gives it little honey bee wings and the basenotes take flight!

Benzoin resin, sandalwood and a sexy musk are the highlights here, along with all of that honey and a floral bouquet to brighten it and make it soar.

I have the EDP version, lasts about 6-7 hours on me.

I do not think it resembles Youth Dew with turns to powder on me. Scherrer II is much more female and less soapy.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This is a scent that I find wears well, and seductively. Excellent longevity. I don't get any of the tropical fruit notes, but rather a melange of honeyed floral essences (bear in mind, I live in an arid climate). The aldehydes keep the fruity top sky high, and you blast right past the top notes and into the middle. Drydown is very 80s retro and dated with a nice amber soap drydown. I enjoy this scent in colder weather. A true 80s classic; be prepared.

eskarina62
eskarina62

Very feminine and sexy
Great wear!
Simply love it!That is why I ordered it for the second time!
Seductresses' MUST

Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn

Middle notes are too powerful for my nose.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Decided to try this one as I really love S De Scherrer.

Unfortunately Scherrer 2 had a note(s) that just don't appeal to me. It's a strong fragrance (in the Coco Chanel vein) that's just not for me.

Update 2013: I guess I'm "growing up" - 5 years later I appreciate Scherrer 2 now, it's a powdery Coco type fragrance that definitely has that 80's perfume vibe. Great for cold weather, it feels rich & sophisticated. It's not one that I reach for all the time however when the weather is cold this is just right. :-)

Scherrer 2 by Jean-Louis Scherrer 4.14 out of 5 based on 143 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Scherrer 2 by Jean-Louis Scherrer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Scherrer 2 by Jean-Louis Scherrer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.