Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women

Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women
dislike

honey
Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Scherrer 2 Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures

Scherrer 2 by Jean-Louis Scherrer is an oriental floral fragrance for women. Scherrer 2 was launched in 1986. Top notes are aldehydes, pineapple, green notes, mandarin orange, peach, anise and bergamot; middle notes are honey, tuberose, orris root, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, benzoin, vanilla and heliotrope.

Pineapple Mandarin Orange Anise Bergamot

Jean Louis Scherrer

Aldehydes Bergamot Mandarin Orange Pineapple

Tuberose Lily of the Valley Honey Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Amber Vanilla Musk Benzoin Heliotrope

An Oriental beauty. The bottle reminds me of Red by Giorgio Beverly Hills. Like that fragrance this is a big 1980's power perfume. It's really obscene if you spray too much, so don't. I find that it's really sweet and floral and fruity with a little application. This is a summer time fruity floral with an exotic Oriental flair. The jasmine, the benzoin, incense, sandalwood musk and amber really send me. For whatever reason, it's not a dark or sultry Oriental. It's bright and smells like a vacation, cheerful, laid back and warm.

The fruit at the top is a lovely combo of pineapple, citrus and peach. The aldehydes are not too heavy but detectable and provides this scent with a feminine freshness that reminds me a bit of Van Cleef & Arpels First. It's just a sweet fruit at the beginning of it's performance. Pineapple and peach are my favorite fruit notes. Delicious.

The scent then turns floral with a gorgeous jasmine and whit flowers of tuberose and lilies. There's also a powdery rose, like sweet rose scented sachets that you put into drawers of clothes. This is not too powdery however, despite the heliotrope. It's not a green floral either, just a sweet scent of white flowers at the forefront.

This doesn't feel as Oriental as it advertises but I do love it. It's more like the fruity Oriental perfume that is Casmir by Chopard. I enjoy both fragrances and have discovered that they smell like they are cut from the same cloth. Floral fruity gorgeousness.

The sandalwood vanilla, musk and amber reach my nose at the dry down. It's creamy vanilla, dark, like chocolate with musk around the edges. It's a long lasting scent and you can wear it all day, even if you're wearing the Eau de Toilette which I believe is what is mostly selling now on websites like Beauty Spin and Ebay. A really great perfume in the style of Ysatis and Giorgio Beverly Hills or Casmir but don't spray too much or you'll get a headache.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

I don't know how to describe this one. It arrived today and since it was a blind buy, I immediately sprayed it onto my arm. Scherrer 2 is a vintage heaven! It's like the best of the best classics from the near past. To me it smells like a mix between Femme by Rochas, Madame Rochas and Chanel 5. Upon the first sniff I thought:"Oh no, this smells like a cough syrup. Within 5 mins that chemical aspect vanished and I was mesmerized by the subtle aroma of tuberose, amber and pineapple. My notes detects benzoin and hint of honey. The scent is spicy, but not too much, sweet, but not cloying. The tuberose note is not loud and in your face, everything is very balanced in that perfume. I can't smells the anise note, but I don't regret it. It's less spicy than Femme, not so soapy like Madame Rochas, it's like Chanel 5 without the strong animalic note. I am pretty content with the sillage too, because personally for me the enormous sillage of some vintages, sometimes could be a turn off.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Textbook Oriental Floral

JLS 2 is divine. They should put a picture of this perfume next to "Oriental Floral" in the dictionary. I've never smelled anything quite like it--yet it hovers in the Chanel Coco vein. If you like resinous, sweet orientals check this out--this almost smells like an opulent Amouage perfume but for a fraction of the price.

There is a tiny bit of aldehyde at the top--completely clean and light, the lightest I've ever smelled. They burn off pretty quickly, and the honey-benzoin accord takes over, and stays there for the life of the wear. First the benzoin is clean burning, and accented with a fruity pineapple, then it gets a bit darker the longer you have it on. The honey is laced with a fennel/anise note, and drapes nicely over the benzoin. The amber is very, very resinous and spicy and not too sweet (that's the honey's job.) The white flowers are very apparent in the heart, they are kind of abstract, mostly jasmine and I detect a slightly soapy lily/LOTV note? There is rose too but it comes out only after a few hours. The florals are not dominant, they live under the honey/amber/benzoin notes. After a few hours on the skin the dry wood/sandalwood/vanilla comes out, but the main spicy resinous notes never disappear.

This perfume is a sweet & spicy number but still JLS 2 still comes off as bright and almost kind of clean, like clean burning incense would be, the mood is not dark or suffocating at all but rather like light coming through stained glass.

I like this alot.

Eugirlsniffs
Eugirlsniffs

This one on me is just way too flowery. I love sweet, I love honey but all I get from this is too much flowers. Lots of them, all mixed up in a huge bouquet but in such a chaotic way that not one really stands out. It's a crazy and sweet mix without any point. Lasts forever though. Weird that it doesn't change at all through the 12-16 hour period that I can smell this on myself.

Jola 72
Jola 72

Wow...I want to marinate myself in this amazing juice,just so perfectly wonderful it is...For all seazons of the year Forever ...This one and the green chypre sister Scherrer ed perfume are two ultimate Fragrances to me to have keeping for allways...without any rezervations...

Carolann59
Carolann59

This "accidental" EDP could easily become my very favorite winter fragrance...on me it is smooth, creamy, well-blended perfection with just enough of the "oriental" to make it interesting instead of overwhelming - I could wear this for daytime but it's also seductive for evening wear without being cloying in any way.
Thank you to Lotus&Jasmine for the edifying review...it makes sense to me after reading that because if this frag had any civet at all, this would be a very different review!

desdemona7
desdemona7

Oh, I wish the honey was prominent on me also, but sadly all I get is overwhelming aldehydes!! Waaaay too strong and overpowering, 100 more than Chanel No. 5 but without the sweeter drydown. 10 minutes into wearing it only on my wrist and my eyes are burning. Have to go scrub, body chemistry is such a mysterious thing!

Sherihan
Sherihan

My bottle from an old stock. I think this is discontinued correct me if I'm wrong!
Was happy to find,purchased 2bottles in 100 ml, and OMG the bottle looks like a Goddess I even meditated while looking at it. The smell is taking me immediately to a well cooked base note, no sparkling top note here,thats why some guys here saying it's not Aldehydic perfume, I agree as it is very straight forward kind of perfume, I didn't wait for anything to evaporate in order to smell the poem. I want to go again to purchase the remaining stock from that shop.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

The notes above are incorrect. Don't take my word for it, read the reviews below! Scherrer 2 is NOT an aldehyde, it's an oriental, possibly a floral oriental. I say possibly, because the honey and spice are dominant. The bottle itself lists different notes! They are in French, but easy enough to identify. The most complete set of notes that I have found came from JackTwist, over at Basenotes:

"Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Pineapple, Anise
Muguet, Rose, Jasmine, Lily, Orris, Tuberose, Honey
Vanilla, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Amber, Musk, Heliotrope"

Muguet, incidentally, is Lily of the Valley.

I suspect that Amber should actually be Ambergris- there is a distinct animalic tone underlying the honeyed sweetness of Scherrer 2.

The pineapple is easily detected, and quite exciting in its clean tangy juiciness. Beneath that is the thick warmth of honey- Not honey flavor, not the stuff that has been cooked down to sugar, but the buttery, creamy, complex tang of raw honey, the kind that arrives with pollen crusting the top layer, and leaves wax in your tea. S2 is not sugary. It does not have the sharp sweetness of florals. It is a rich sweetness, more reminiscent of spice.

Anise can be easily detected, as can an animalic note, a touch indolic, a little funky, like old, weathered wood showing through the spots from which the gilt has flaked. I think that this is the ambergris, presented less cleanly than many might prefer, but distinctly fascinating.

Orris butter supports the honey, deepening the creamy feels of the scent, while heliotrope and vanilla support the spice notes. Sandalwood provides a deeply rich foundation, and the florals can be detected with effort, filling in the space between the dominant honey/spice accord and the funky sandalwood/ambergris base.

In this scent the evolution is not so much one of head, heart, base, but rather of the way in which the notes jockey for attention. All are present from the beginning to the end.

S2 opens with some brassiness, but once that fades, the music begins. The pineapple/raw honey/spice accord is SO unusual that it takes a while to be able to smell anything else. Eventually you notice the rest of the company...and on my skin that animalic note, suedey, indolic, warm, and kinda sexy in an unexpected, arresting, "what in the world is THAT?" kinda way, becomes the big contender. The rest of the band is beautifully balanced, everyone does their job, but like a big brass swing band, Scherrer 2 is all about the bright, bold, ringing brass section, and the deep, driving double bass. No one cares what the pianist is up to. Scherrer 2 is the Squirrel Nut Zippers of perfume ;)

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Don’t understand how this perfume got into anhydrides category. It is Oriental floral, no anhydrides, sweet heavy traditional perfume, quit lasting and classy. Notes of Honey, sweet fruit and flowers are there.

PDC
PDC

On me the opening was just brilliant: dark, spicy with a hint of sweetness. If only that would last but half an hour later it turns sweet and although it's not sugar sweet it's still too sweet for my liking. Unfortunately I might add because it's a very well balanced evening perfume.

alchimia72
alchimia72

I bought it completely blindly, on the internet. I have an immediate impression of an elegant and complex fragrance, honeyed, spicy with a long evolution. It's not Teatro alla Scala but it remembers me a bit krizia's scent. I don't find it a simple fragrance, and not a fragrance for everybody. It takes a bit, to take confidence with it. Longlasting, full of richness, I don't smell tuberose so much, or by the way, I find it so well blended that you can enjoy the composition without feeling screeching and discordant notes. If you think about all the clones patchouli-fruity fragrances now on the market, this gem can appear old fashioned orout of fashion, but believe me, this is little masterpiece in way of extinction. So if you have a chance don't lose the opportunity to add it to your collection. Awesome bottle too, linear, elegant, thin, like the fragrance closed in it.

kl99
kl99

This is a very well blended fragrance.

Classy but modern also. Avant garde. Looks like a 90s fragrance. Sunny fruity, gluttonous juicy fresh summer fat fruits sugared with amber powder. Aggressive elegance, but in some way a bit, just a bit, generic. Not so original.
A bit ambient deodorant. Too fruity for my taste.

I don't feel any resemblance with the dark and retro style Teatro alla Scala edp. Yes that is more Vendetta or Coco edt. Gio by Armani..
Nice stuff. Good work.

In the drydown it turns into a peach heliotrope vanilline composition very nice. Totally different from the opening.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Its spicy oriental-honeyed tuberose. With honeyed pineapple. Olfactory memory whispered: "Valentino Vendetta". But wait....its so much more...
To make its short - ts very loud honey-fruity-tuberose at the beginnining in an expensive way, but then blends with body so well, with a bit of zesty touch on that honeyed pillow, magical fragrance, very confident and seductive, classy one!
Must be in a wardrobe of every Lady like suit or little black dress on my opinion. beautifully made, I like calm aldehydes and amber amount.
I LOVE balmy foundation, its so smooth and ..just amazing. I know that too many "wow" from me but I don't understand how I didn't know about Sherrer 2 before.
Going to get it and..to get it again. Forever.

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

I wore this over the weekend, having taken a sample spritzer to my in laws since I didn't want to pack a big frag bottle. Let me stop here and say if Estee Lauder had not stopped making Youth Dew Amber Nude it would be the ONLIEST thing I would ever wear, frag-wise. I adore the wonder YDAN "cashmere" feel it has and how it warms up slowly and nicely on my skin and just sweetly lingers there all damn day. I love it. I am now just as enamoured of this wonderful Scherrer frag, and it's the closest thing I've found next to YDAN. However, I will say I spritzed about 3 spritzes too many...and it was overwhelming. This to me isn't an aldehyde but a luxurious spice bomb with little hints of honey, tuberose and musk wafting in and out to tease your senses. I will say, that whenever a frag has sandalwood, benzoin, vanilla and amber my body chemistry amplifies them exponentially, practically pushing everything else into the shadows. This makes me very happy! I love this frag, and thankfully now know how to apply it and hope I can find a few more samples on line...it's D I V I N E!

Iris_it
Iris_it

Hello Chickatty,
you can find Scherrer 2 Edp in an Italian online store ( a very realiable one : I often buy rare parfumes there ) . Send me a private message if you wish to have the information . The price is 37 € / 25 ml .
I have been wearing beautiful Scherrer 2 since 1990 and yes , it makes you get many compliments .

Aldehydes are barely perceivable and I would rather say it is a sweet ambery floral , a very "clean" oriental . I love it so much when it becomes a skin scent after several hours : it smells of honeyed milk . The Edt version is strong enough anyway .
This one has been my signature for about a dozen years .

chickatty
chickatty

I began wearing this in 1986 when I found in in a perfume shop in Los Angeles. It was my signature scent for years until I could no longer find it in EDP. In fact, I looked everywhere in Paris last year and couldn't find it anywhere -- even Galleries Lafayette. There is a perfume shop in the Hotel Alexis in Seattle that calls me occasionally to tell me they've received a shipment, but always EDT, never any EDP.

At any rate, if I could find the EDP I'd buy a case. I have NEVER received so many compliments on a fragrance, particularly from men in elevators. To me it's always been a sexy floral/sandalwood/musk. Maybe Oriental. I've tried dozens of other scents, including Bond and Creed, trying to find a substitute, but with no success.

If anyone knows of a source for Scherrer 2 EDP, please post!

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

While, I thought this was a pretty scent, I couldn't wear it. I continued for a couple of hours, but ultimately had to scrub. Which is unusual for me. I think it is the pineapple note, because I couldn't take Sun Moon Stars either, even in vintage form. As for Scherrer 2, it was an odd combo of being able to appreciate it on one level, even while it was raising bile in my throat. It is strong, I agree with that and I am a perfume piggy. Maybe I will try a lighter touch before I unload it. The original Scherrer is perfection though....

suhaesa
suhaesa

i wish all the perfumes in the world smelled like this..i really don't think it got what it deserves from fame and world wide distribution.. maybe because nothing else will sell next to it!.. this scent is heavenly ..its one of the best top ten perfumes in the whole world.. its classy, classic, refined, modern ,feminine, light oriental, powdery, balmy ,light yet deep, pure, its magic in a bottle.. it s really amazing ..i don't know why its not sold every where ,its very difficult to buy from real shops not on line ..i simply adore this scent..its a master piece.. its a true perfumers perfume that is timeless ..if you didn't smell this yet you are missing a mile stone in perfumery..from how much i adore it i find myself speechless its hard to explain its beauty or mystery that lies in its simplicity ..its a truly beautiful perfume that nothing can even come close to it in status..

rating 5 out of 5

judyk
judyk

@Nelken, I agree with all that you say, except for the last bit. I'm also a petite fair-skinned mousey-blonde who dresses casually most of the time, but you know what? I'm gonna smell bloody gorgeous!! ;-)

Nelken
Nelken

You have to be into "big" oriental fragrances ( YSL Opium, Rochas Byzance, Lauder Cinnabar, Guerlain Shalimar, Dior Dioressence) to enjoy wearing this one.

I don't mean that they smell similar. It is just that Scherrer 2 is one of those scents that tend to make you feel like a princess from a "A Thousand And One Nights" story.

The opening notes are deliciously, wonderfully fruity, with just the right amount of sweetness thanks to the honey. I don't get the aldehydes at all, so much the better !
Apart from tuberose and heliotrope,I also find it difficult to pick up the floral notes, at least individually.
The woody (sandalwood),distinctly animalic (ambergris rather than amber IMO) and resinous (benzoin) base is so amazing it is addictive.Each time I catch a whiff of it I get carried away.

Perfectly, impressively beautiful though I may find it, it is not something I will ever wear. It is just not me.
Yes, I do think not everybody can pull this off. A matter of personality and looks (or style).
I can picture an exotic beauty wearing this, a woman with an olive/ dark complexion and dark eyes, or a somewhat feline caucasian woman with high cheekbones who enjoys wearing hippie / bohemian style clothes and jewelry.
...I am a petite fair skinned brunette who dresses casually most of the time...forget it !

I have coveted Scherrer 2 for the longest time.
Proving impossible to find I had all but given up when quite unexpectedly I stumbled across a 100ml bottle of EDT going for a song.

Delightful it is. The top is full and luminous bursting with spiced fruits, a mixed compote garnished with citrus zest and star anise.

Surprisingly I cannot detect the high altitude frozen fresh water note I usually associate with aldehydes, instead the evolution is somehow diluted by the formulation thawing, perhaps as a result of not reaching the snow capped summit? My gut tells me this would not happen with the EDP. Really I am guessing.

The promised floral heart evaporates during this process, leaving only a trickle of base notes, the weak infusion is exhausted by this stage and before too long completely spent except for a divine ambery residue, the faintest whiff of seduction close to the skin.

I live in a subtropical climate so there is considerable merit in having Scherrer 2 EDT at my disposal for those temperate summer days when I feel like wearing something heavier, but not too heavy.

With that in mind, Scherrer 2 EDT is just right.

puppynose
puppynose

I LOVE this in the edp which I've only found in the 25ml size or smaller- I'd love to get a big bottle, but can only find larger sizes in edt. I'm hesitant to try the edt as my experience with other fragrances such as Diva have made me gun shy. I love Diva in the edp but can't even tolerate the edt. Has anyone tried this in both versions? If you have tried both and compared, are they the same scent but only less concentrated in the edt or is the distribution of notes different between the edp and the edt? I find the edt is sometimes lacking many base and even heart notes and or presents extra and or excess top notes- often screechy ones to my nose, relative to the edp of any given scent.. So if you have any observations I'd love to know- as this is not a small expenditure in either form!

heidii
heidii

bought a mini for 75 cent and its really wonderfull,i still can not believe i bought it for that price.
i found the perfume (as others mentioned before) similar to coco, but it has a aldehyde twist and it has less sillage than coco, which is a good thing in my opinion. The pineapple is very noticable too and despite the fruitiness, it is still very classy. And i can smell the honey and tuberose but neither of them are overpowering. Im considering a full bottle now.

imoore
imoore

reminds me of Jil Sander no 4 a lot
since both have anise and apricot, it is not a big surprise
for me the winter choice the Jil Sander, and in spring and autumn I prefer this one
my cat hate it, never mind
neither one of them are for the hot days,
in my opinion it is a floral fruity perfume with a cough medicine kind of drydown

nyoka
nyoka

This one has it all.All beautifully blended into one longlasting milky drydown.Fruits,flowers,little spice.A good yr round fume.Any where any time.Well roundedWould recommend!

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

I was on holiday in the Bahamas and on the main street every shop either sold rum, or sold perfumes. I went in one, didn't know what to get and just grabbed this one and loved it. I was still in early teens, but boy, I thought this is one truly amazing grown up fragrance.

VERY VERY VERY Classy!
Actually, just like Balenciaga, ALL Scherrer perfumes are a must have.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Simply lovely stuff! Just the right amount of fruit with a fullness from the aldehydes. The honey is very noticable but not overpowering giving roundness to the florals. The bottom notes are blended just right providing a plushness that is stunning.
I find this to be a very feminine full bodied scent, warm and inviting and perfect for winter wear.
Update: fades really fast. Too bad...

CaraMia
CaraMia

An absolutely fabulous fragrance. It comes across as a spicy floral in the cooler weather but the warm weather gives it little honey bee wings and the basenotes take flight!

Benzoin resin, sandalwood and a sexy musk are the highlights here, along with all of that honey and a floral bouquet to brighten it and make it soar.

I have the EDP version, lasts about 6-7 hours on me.

I do not think it resembles Youth Dew with turns to powder on me. Scherrer II is much more female and less soapy.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This is a scent that I find wears well, and seductively. Excellent longevity. I don't get any of the tropical fruit notes, but rather a melange of honeyed floral essences (bear in mind, I live in an arid climate). The aldehydes keep the fruity top sky high, and you blast right past the top notes and into the middle. Drydown is very 80s retro and dated with a nice amber soap drydown. I enjoy this scent in colder weather. A true 80s classic; be prepared.

eskarina62
eskarina62

Very feminine and sexy
Great wear!
Simply love it!That is why I ordered it for the second time!
Seductresses' MUST

Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn

Middle notes are too powerful for my nose.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Decided to try this one as I really love S De Scherrer.

Unfortunately Scherrer 2 had a note(s) that just don't appeal to me. It's a strong fragrance (in the Coco Chanel vein) that's just not for me.

Update 2013: I guess I'm "growing up" - 5 years later I appreciate Scherrer 2 now, it's a powdery Coco type fragrance that definitely has that 80's perfume vibe. Great for cold weather, it feels rich & sophisticated. It's not one that I reach for all the time however when the weather is cold this is just right. :-)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Scherrer 2 by Jean-Louis Scherrer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Scherrer 2 by Jean-Louis Scherrer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.