Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women

Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Videos Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Videos Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Videos Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Videos Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Videos
Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures

'A fragrance that promises pleasure...' Bold and sweet, awakes your feelings. And not only yours – imagine that people can recognize you even with their eyes closed. At the beginning its name was JPGaultier Eau de Parfum and it was produced as eau de parfum. Now, it is called Classique and comes both as eau de perfume and eau de toilette. In the top notes delicate rose scent is spiced by fresh anis. Middle notes combine sweetness of orange blossom and exciting ginger, a powerful aphrodisiac. Vanilla and sensual amber gently embrace in the base. The perfume is created in 1993.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

Orange Blossom Mandarin Orange Star Anise Pear Rose Bergamot

Ops! Fashion

Classique Fragrance Reviews

Snicole82
Snicole82

Finished a sample of this. It was just blah. I'm not a fan of florals and this reeked of flowers. It's not bad. It's just a like, not a love.

Sinotah
Sinotah

On the testing strip it was quite nice. Romantic and warm.. On my wrist it started okay, but then it became so sour and bitter that after half an hour I became a little sick to my stomach. I never had this reaction before, and it was the first perfume I washed off. It smelled like a lady's old sweat who had too much perfume.. Now I have an headache..

I'm so sorry, I really tried to love this one.. Maybe I'll give it another go someday, but for now, no...

PLUMPIE

For some reason my chemistry is changing as I am aging and I can wear this now, I smelt it on someone in a casino and realised I had to try it again for memories, I have also been wearing Elie Saab intense which reminds me of it quite a bit, I have to wear the EDT not the EDP (the edp is very sharp and metallic on me), previously I would get part way through the bottle and give it away as the makeup/nailpolish/coty airspun notes would overshadow the creamy milky vanilla ylang ylang notes and turn sour. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore and I can add it back into my rotation. I am yet to try the recently released intense version but can imagine it may be more my cup of tea as it was created by the same nose as my beloved Elie Saab intense, either way I will be seeking them both out again to try - a fresh full size bottle will be my next purchase I think!

turtle91
turtle91

I have the EDT which is extremeley long-lasting so I wonder how the EDP would be like. I am curious if the EDP smells different according to some reviewers.

At first, it smells like cheap French soap, but after a few hours it has that comforting spicy vanilla and orange blossom smell. I always sleep with this and I love it when my soft toy absorbs the smell of this perfume.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

My first experience with the Charming nature of Classique was spying a dupe at a bargain store and giving her a tentative squirt. It was years before my perfume days, yet I was singularly impressed. Sadly, I told myself she was 'too sweet', and went on my merry way. After all, my only fragrances up to that time had been extremely fresh florals, nothing musky or vanillic.

Years later I encountered 'the real' Classique and finally made a connection between her heady beauty and the pretty little dupe of previous acquaintance. Both had a shapely bottle and an unforgettably sweet and spicy blend. I didn't warm to either immediately, and yet could not forget..... To me, this unforgettable nature is one of Classique's many strong points.

It is impossible to perfectly convey the impression a scent gives, let alone predict what impression it will give to someone else. Nonetheless, what I especially notice in Classique is Pear, which can be cloying, but here is a hint of freshness added to the musk, flowers, amber, and vanilla. An old gardener's saying is that "Pears are Plentiful", but I think there is nothing redundant or repetitive about such a perfect blending of orchard and garden! If Classique was an actual person, we would all take in our breath as she passed and say to ourselves, " WHAT a Woman!".

Two additional thoughts:

1. Classique Eau de Parfum is not a more intense version of the classic; it is a lighter, more modern interpretation of this. They are EACH lovely in their own way, but the similarity of names leads to confusion. My favorite would be the classic, owing to it's complexity and richness. :D

2. If after falling for Classique, you find that your wallet will not expand to include her loveliness in your life, don't despair! There are even better dupes available today than the first one I tested. Though not affiliated in any way, I am a true fan of the version produced by SaveonScents.com, which is stronger and more concentrated ( IMHO ) than the current JPG fragrance.

Whatever version YOU choose to wear, Classique will likely get a solid thumbs up. For romantic and alluring feminine appeal, you need look no further. Five Stars!

energia

I wore this in office for a few days and I can say that it is too special and too sexy to be worn casually. This is really made only for seduction and for real women, women with confidence, experience and an attitude.

Learodney
Learodney

I usually lean towards the parfumes, however I like this one better than its parfume counterpart. It is a very sophisticated bedroom kind of smell if that makes sense. Very Jean Paul.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

I tested this in store a couple times and never really liked it. I am always seeing reviews of how sweet this is and it always makes me want to test it again, and each time I have the same reaction. I got a sample recently and have been testing it over and over, trying to learn to love it like I feel I should!

The opening smells like a strong blast of creamy jasmine, similar to Alien. It dries down and I smell slightly indolic tuberose - it's very screechy on my skin at first, it tones down throughout the wearing but never fully goes away. Further in the drydown I start to enjoy it, I get a lot of vanilla, amber, and caramel, but that dirty tuberose just keeps it from being a like for me.

JulieG123
JulieG123

I received a sample of this about six months ago, tired it, hated it and put it in my 'dislike' box of samples. After reading some of the glowing reviews, this morning I was inspired to give it another go.... And no! It's back in the dislike box I'm afraid. I really, really wanted to like this, but, on me it just smells like a really cheap, powdery, overpowering, old perfume. The smell I got when I initially sprayed was quite bad, quite nauseating actually, but not to be deterred I was sure this would improve in time, but it hasn't. Three hours later and I feel like I'm being suffocated. Really sorry to be so negative, I know there are lots of fans out there, but this really does not work for me!
Now! I also have a sample of the intense version of this! Will that be any better I wonder? I think I need to revcover from this experience before try it (Don't want to be negatively influenced).

On a positive note, I love the bottle....

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

Now, it's very important to say that my JPG Classique is the eau de toilette, because I do feel the edp is almost a different fragrance. I do like the edp, but I LOVE the edt. This is another one I abandoned years ago, only to rediscover it this year. Now I'll never be without it. This is another newly rediscovered gem which has people following me around and asking what I'm wearing. It seems to transfix people. It's probably in the gourmand category because of the vanilla, but it's beautifully floral as well. The bottle is just adorable. I spray this on and I instantly feel good about myself. It envelopes me in a delicious cloud of gorgeousness. It lasts and lasts without being cloying. It's vanilla without being sickly. It's a sultry, feminine floral. I know our tastes differ, but I don't know how anyone could spray this on and not be enchanted by it. Glad to have you back, JPG!
Addendum: Wore this to work today. A woman who wears Alien, Chanel Coco and Gucci Guilty begged me to tell her what I was wearing. Another person said I had left a beautiful trail of scent behind me as I walked. I do think this is one of the modern classics. I know it's a bit out there, but I can't think of any other perfume (excepting copies) which smells like JPG EDT. Love love love it.

matej.jedvaj
matej.jedvaj

got a sample of it just because i was curious.... i tried it on my skin and it does smell good, but rather "lovely" or how a 1930s adult woman would smell like, would love this on a woman :) the strongest thing on my skin is the rose, after a minute all i smell is rose..... try it before buying :)

ktyhan

This is so womanly, in its own unique way. Love love love!

Chido
Chido

Got this one quite by accident. But I am in love! I smell sensual, sexy and in control whenever I wear it and for some reason I am always in a great mood whenever I have this on. I am getting another bottle before this one runs out! AMAZING

MrsButler
MrsButler

Classique is my signature, so I'm biased. To me, it's divine, not sweet at all (I detest sweet perfumes).

Classique smells of musk, orchid, with a hint of vanilla, sex in a bottle...and oh so feminine. I feel bare without it.

Sillage is amazing, my family/friends know my scent without catching sight of me.

I'm forever in Jaques Cavallier and JPG's debt, my sincere gratitude and admiration goes out to them for creating this CLASSIQUE, sensual perfume. AJB

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

The bottle is so kinky in a classy way, makes it impossible for me not to associate the fragrance with erotica. I adore the perfect hourglass shape, the sexy but simple, matte underwear, and especially that collar thingy which you can remove from around the neck when you want to spritz.

Classique is a curious blend of spicy, powdery cleanliness. The cleanliness provides a kind of freshness like when you're just coming out of the shower in the opening, and the spicy notes, especially anise and ylang-ylang gives the scent (and the person who is wearing it) a boost of confidence. Vanilla, sandalwood, cinnamon and amber provides a steady base which lingers on the skin for hours and hours. Classique is very long lasting, even the EDT version, and the sillage is satisfying as well. Love it.

Bublegum
Bublegum

Well unlike what is been said in some reviews, for me Classique still stays the same distinctive. I like it. It reminds me of a sweet called Lukumi. In the beginning though it is too sweet for me. I need to wait about 1 hour in order to achive the desired result. Although I am not extra fan of rose, this one is a good one

lcommisso
lcommisso

I was excited about this based on the reviews. It is a hot powdery mess on me. It is very sharp when first sprayed (as are a lot of things) but I gave it 3 hours an it still has that sharp powder note. I can imagine it being lovely on someone...

The good news is that the fragrance lasts a while.

llburris
llburris

Wow. I just received this today. I thought I wouldn't like it because of the anise comments, but this is radiant! It doesn't show in the list of notes, but I feel like I am engulfed with honey. So delicious! Don't know what's combining to create that scent but I am loving it!

malika1979
malika1979

I fell in love with this not long after it was launched, it is an all time favorite of mine, very seductive and unique, I also prefer the EDT version scent-wise, although this is much much stronger on me.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I fell in love with this perfume as a very young child back in the early 90s and I still love it. I only really smelled this perfume again today after having had given in to temptation and buying this on a sale from a drug store a couple of months ago. I sprayed this on just ONCE on my left wrist (dabbing the wrist on my other pulse points) at noon today, and my sister commented on the fact that it was lovely but strong. I guess I agree with this assessment! It does smell really good- makes me feel like an expensive porcelain doll for some reason! It's 8pm now and sillage is still quite strong.

Overall, I highly recommend this perfume to others, particularly for formal evening events. I just wore this today on a whim as casual wear and I'm realizing that the perfume is just too good for that!

tenshilove
tenshilove

this is my signature fragance is the sexual fragance ever ; OMG ; my boyfriend is just crazy about it ; he eat me literaly when i wear Classique :)

Nil3
Nil3

What an accurate and extremely weird observation. Succubus. Someone has finally stilled my thirst. So true! A succubus would chose this as her signature. Always something that gave me this 'mehhhh' feeling. This is it!!! Thanks, you genius!

velgasius
velgasius

I'm a guy, got only 1 thing to say...this is what a succubus smells like.

Pooja37
Pooja37

Okay, so I've had this one for about a year and the first time I sprayed it, I didn't like it at all. There was just too much of something and I wrinkled up my nose and tucked it away in my perfume wardrobe. Yes I have a wardrobe, well, a portion of one, set aside exclusively for my passioinate hobby and fragrant collection.

Fast forward to two days ago. Like most of my fellow perfumistas I was going through my perfume collection as summer is now over in my part of the world and was testing different bottles when I spritzed a wee bit of classique on my wrist. Lo and behold, this wonderful well blended powdery and sweet concoction floated up. I finally got what so many reviewers were raving about. Have been wearing it ever since... needless to say it moved quite swiftly from my 'dislike' to 'love' list!

I wanted to come by and tell the girls who have disliked this in the past, as I did intially, to give it another go. Perhaps this is one of those perfumes where the perfume oils form invisible layers and the initial sprays can be misleading. I'm glad I did because this is a truly beautiful fragrance!

pinkbeauty
pinkbeauty

I really wanted to love this, but it just smells like badly formulated old soap.

auroramaria

I have and happily use the EDP which is rich and deep and yet I think the EDT is the real thing.
The EDT is so warm sexy and feminine it gets sweet and powdery and seems to last longer than the EDP.
Beautifully blended notes and the vanilla is so amazing when you wear it it's like you are walking inside a sweet and fluffy cloud of goodness.
A masterpiece from Monsieur Gaultier

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

I love this fragrance!. I received a sample of this and just adore it. Definitely going on my wishlist. This is the perfect balance of soft powdery floral and fruit, mellowed with wood notes, and then warmth and depth added with pices. It is simply perfect.

Alysha
Alysha

This is so beautiful. My all time favourite perfume.

I prefer Classique over all the other variations made. Try this one when you're in the mood to be feminine and fresh smelling.

I tested this one at sephora for many months until I received it as a gift. It's very long lasting and so worth it.

venomkisses
venomkisses

I adore this perfume. I pick up instantly scandinavian spices used on Christmas like star anise, cinnamon and ginger from the liquid. I didn't think much of this scent when I first found it in a perfume store. I sprayed some on a piece of paper and threw it in my bag. When I later opened my bag the piece of paper had filled my bag with the scent of florals and spicy powder. It's a beautiful perfume. I'm heartbroken because it doesn't agree with my skin at all! On my skin the perfume loses the vanilla and the spices. I had to pick the eau de parfum instead.

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

Classique is a gorgeous soft powdery dream. Orange blossom, vanilla, and the slight bite of anise make this smell very similar to Dreft baby detergent to me. This smells like baby pink velvet, absolutely for the ladies only. I cannot think of a perfume more feminine. I like this better than the eau de parfum, the sillage and longevity are plenty impressive for an EDT! It smells like fresh laundry and babies in the sexiest way possible. And the bottle. What a masterpiece.

Celina96
Celina96

I'm really sad because I really like this fragrance. It has a sexy, witty and misterious feel to it but in my particular skin smells like sweat, but maybe it smells wonders for you. So sad :(

Cruinneach
Cruinneach

If you wanna smell vanilla _a lot_ but in a sophisticated way this might be yours. For me it's too sweet.

ynde
ynde

A powdery, sexy, almost make-up/boudoir kind of vanilla, with a hint of florals, ginger and anise. I can imagine this being worn by someone with a mission, extremely confident and in 6 inch heels. I tend to wear it when I want to feel a little glam or sexy, nights out or days when I know I need a confidence boost. I wouldn't recommend blind buying this, as the combination of notes is more than the sum of its parts and really needs to be tested on skin.

energia

I just bought it and my first impression is that it is a sexy fragrance, but not in a vulgar way, it makes you feel like you can have anything you want, but somehow, you feel great all by yourself. It makes me feel more daring, more confident.

I am a quite shy person, I was little afraid that this perfume is different from my personality. But, anyway, I want to leave my comfort zone and do something different. This perfume helps :)

I just started wearing it, so I will come back to share my forthcoming experiences.

mrskk
mrskk

My favorite perfume, smell elegant, seductive, sexy and soft at the same time. Love the bottle shape also!

skriszke
skriszke

I really wanted to like this composition. According to the many positieve review bellow it is a retro smell. To me it smells like this lovely the old lady at the first row in the church on a sunday morning.

thatsperf
thatsperf

I have fallen deeply in love with my beloved Classique. Comforting, fresh, natural, unique. The scent of a sensual woman confident in her own naked body. Sillage is great and longevity is excellent on my skin (>8hrs). One of my go-to scents before bed, although I will try to use this less often as it is an expensive perfume! Sigh, Classique...you took my breath away. A contender for my signature fragrance

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

I've always, always found Classique to be a sexy fragrance.

It works marvellously on my skin - it's strong, but not confronting. It beguiles and tempts. It's also very smart and clean and I do think a bit naughty. Neck-nibbles and secret whispers. But, it suits the day to day too. No vampiness required, but if you feel like it, she's there, ready to assist!

It's way, way, way better in EDT form. Way. The perfume is fine but it's remarkably less strong and weirdly, fades much quicker too. This beats it by a lot.

A reasonable investment perfume for something you can wear anytime, and feel that you will be noticed. It flirts with the senses...

krmarich

I have a bottle with only Jean Paul Gaultier on it, not "Classique". I assume it is from the 1990s. Its a luscious, heavy and beautiful epic that was the watermark of its day. It seems somewhat synthetic at first, almost unnatural on the first few outings. Then I let my nose adjust and reconsider this marvel.

I love neroli and this has more than anything I have experienced. Everything about it is very avant gard. Somewhat rebelliously punk, yet always knowing.

The opening note is hairspray and nail polish. Then a big bouquet of classic floral notes march in-NEROLI, tuberose(oh, how it challenges this mans skin!), waxy ylang ylang, dusty iris and rose make it an elegant and adult affair. Yes, its pure sex in a bottle, without the obvious animalic notes. JPG whispers like a seductress in a back alley.

The spices wait in the wings and mix it the moist sandalwood/amber and vanilla creating a very gourmand base that last until the next morning. Canned milk? Baby formula? or just one of the most edible creamy caramel drydowns I have ever experienced!

This has become one of the bestselling perfumes of all time since its release. It has sadly been weakend with the Classique batches. The world was indeed a different place when this took to the stage. It made the world take note of the clever artist. Today, it has been replaced with the tacky celebrity "pan gloss". Or has it? Don't believe the hype. Oh and don't miss out on JPG-if you can find a bottle.

daraki
daraki

Initially the nose of this perfume is sugary and a little too sweet like a childish first date in a candy shop, blatant and a bit shallow...but, if you're patient with it you will notice the candy cook off and it will start to bloom into a sophisticated and complex love story....one that lingers on a bed of orchids feminine and thoughtful and memorable. Surprisingly wonderful.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Sexy sexy sexy. I love it, its mature and classy and completely original & very distinctive. I smell orange and vanilla on a bed of sandalwood with a hint of ginger. It has such a warm, comforting relaxing feel to it. I'm so glad I own it, it belongs in any perfume collection. Don't buy off Ebay though I bought one off Ebay and it is clearly watered down & has no sillage. It is powerful sexy & sweet.I disagree however and believe it is the perfect everyday scent, it just has the balance right between sexiness, powerfullness and classy and cozy. I do prefer classique X, however I love this one also. The whole line have beautiful distinctive bottles that look perfect on display.

Stellakal
Stellakal

A really interesting fragrance. Very mature. Not for everyday. It's really heavy at first but dries down to a beautiful vanilla scent with woody notes. Still strong though.

I wouldn't spray this on my clothes. It smells really bad the next day. And hard to get off too. It smells like it has dried down in the fabric, and created mold in a mixture with being sleeping in the woods for a week. It's terrible the next day on fabric! But with a bit of carefulness it can be great on the skin. You really stand out with this one!

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

This is balsamic smell mixed with that one when you come in the flower shop. There's no vanilla. Very reminds my teachers perfume, a lot different flowers -gardenia is one of strongest here - and ginger sweetness and can detect creamy bitterness. Can't really define it by the notes above. INTERESTING BLENDED NOTES.

It's a strong floral scent with amber and vanilla. Too strong and old-fashioned for me. I think I could never wear this one.
This one just doesn't charm me. I am more into lighter stuff.
I see that the sillage and longevity are also quite good.
It is a classic one, but I think it's not a good everyday fragrance. Too overwhelming.

freebirdsoul
freebirdsoul

Upon first spraying this, I feel a little overwhelmed.

It's a strong, boozy, almost TOO mature floral scent.

When it starts to dry down something really beautiful happens.

The florals mellow out to be sweet and fresh like a spring morning, a comforting powder and a soft cream wrap around your skin like a silky robe.

To me, this smells like the beauty of a new mother holding her sweet newborn baby.

Its mature but innocent, bright, classic, clean, feminine, rich.... timeless.

I love it.

Not for every day, but for when the mood strikes.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I think he was inspired Poison more than anything else. Although this is not my favorite, you have to give him or his perfume creator cudos for originality.

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

I was given this many years ago. I found it so strong, cloying and overwhelmingly sweet, and had to give it away. I swopped it for Rive Gauche, which I also gave away because it smelt like hair spray.

None the less, it is a perfume I have never forgotten. Certainly a novelty in its day, and still going strong. I may even seek it out again to see if I could stomach it now, or may be try the newer version to be released soon which sounds more like my cup of tea.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

This was my first perfume as a teenager. I felt so grown-up with the risqué, feminine bottle and the big, sweet, floral smell. And I wore this to death. I loved the idea that people could smell this and associate it with me; that people could smell me coming or after I had left. Ah, the naïveté of youth!
At some point, I realised that this (as all perfumes do) clings to clothes, and goes stale and sour pretty quickly. It was with horror that I realised that all of my clothing and furnishings had the aroma of a prostitute making her way home in the unforgiving glare of the Sunday morning sunshine.
It is a powerful, sweet and feminine fragrance, but my advice is to only spray it on your skin - not clothes. Unfortunately I ruined it for myself, but I think that it is probably good that I don't still smell like my early teenage self...

SabrinaBD
SabrinaBD

I bought this with high hopes. It smelled so pretty and bold in the bottle. But this scent taught me I can NOT wear tuberose. At all. Ever. It's not nice with my skin chemestry and that note was of course the one that stood out the most. Gave it to a friend and it was lovely on her;spicy, sexy, big floral.

LB152
LB152

I really have to get over myself.

Most days…

I like to believe that I am a fragrance (fill in the blank for fancy fragrance person) with refined and elegant taste for only the best.

But I just have this nagging desire to get a bottle of this.

This warm - soapy - vanilla - spicy thing that it does has completely confused and entranced my senses and I find myself (despite my efforts to forget about it..) wanting a bottle for the upcoming spring/summer nights.

Its so inexpensive but a really good scent.

This could very well be the vanilla fragrance, I've been searching for.

To be continued...

cessnaski
cessnaski

I owned this perfume in my late teenage years. It was the strongest perfume in my collection at the time and can't imagine how it must have made a presence every time I walked by someone or entered a room! It has a strong sillage and I would definitely say now that I have a more refined taste, to wear it discreetly under my clothes during daytime or wear it at night in winter because its top notes of cinnamon is cozy in cold weather.

kelleybelle
kelleybelle

Lucky me found a full bottle of pure parfum on eBay for $14.00 :) and in the collectible copper corset bottle. LOVE this fragrance. JP Gaultier told the perfumer he wanted a scent that smelled exactly like his mother's dressing table that he remembered as a boy, and it certainly does smell like a woman's vanity, all powdery, perfumey and just lovely. Beautiful scent, skillfully blended, just sparkling and bright. Wicked bottle!

HB-C
HB-C

Had a sample of the EDT but I really didn't like it, smelt like soap, not offensive but very soapy. Would still like to try the EDP though.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

It is pretty! Despite the trendy bottle, it is classy but feminine and fun scent that can be worn nicely by anyone.

Matusha
Matusha

I have to talk about JPG Classique. Its just so important in the perfume world. She is a lady in everyway and her timeless beauty needs to be experienced at least once. I still have my original EDT from the 1990s. The bottle is provocative and the soup can container is outrageous!

The opening is somewhat dreadful for the first five minutes or so. It seems like everything listed above shows itself at once. Then She settles down and takes her place as a real beauty. Rose, orange, vanilla and neroli are surrounded by white flowers. There is some spices keeping it hot and sassy.

I introduced this to my 20 year old granddaughter who hates my taste in perfumes. She always says she doesn't want to smell like me. This time she went crazy for it asked for a bottle. Classique appeals to all ages and her boyfriend loves it on her!

hanson26
hanson26

The EDT is soapy and sharp, the EDP is rich, sweet, boozy, and feminine. The concept is here with the EDT, but the EDP is a million times better (also stronger and longer lasting). Go for the EDP.

zzMaja
zzMaja

For the confident and fun loving woman. This perfume definitely makes a statement. It can be overwhelming, but the scent is lovely, I could be tempted to wear it every day and for me that is unusual. I love to wear it when I will be with people I love or when I want to feel special, confident, and beautiful.

kingavagyok
kingavagyok

This was my mother's signature scent. It brings back memories, it smells so warm and lovely. I can recommend this perfume for any woman who knows what she wants, strong and feminine at the same time.

NicoleO
NicoleO

I think I would like this much more without the ginger note and the muskiness that grows stronger over time. I don't mind musk usually, but it seems to sit strangely with the vanilla. It's a dislike from me. It does have great sillage and longevity though, I can still smell it even though I've tried washing it off.

dnamy
dnamy

all i can remember about this perfume is it smelling /extremely/ powdery. i like it, but it made me sneeze anytime i put it on.

jolieshirley
jolieshirley

MON parfum, l'odeur est délicieuse, douce mais sensuelle, chic, terriblement féminine, la fleur d'oranger dans toute sa splendeur.
le flacon est superbe et parfaitement en accord avec le jus.
Il a une excellente tenue.
les flacons des éditions limitées et autres produits sont toujours très tentants.
Il était trop porté à sa sortie mais plus maintenant, on peut succomber à son charme irrésistible.
Mon incontournable, mon mari l'aime, c'est un parfum addictif, fait pour la séduction, je l'adore et j'en ai toujours au moins un flacon à la maison.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

loooove this!

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers.

What can I say about this perfume, its fabulous !

the scent, the bottle shape..its like totally original that is distinctive and to think he was inspired by Madonna back in the day, makes so sultry and cool.

The scent on its own is very vanilla floral, but has that good feminine musk that gives that character of vivacious, daring kind of style that gives it a lot of life , this belongs to someone that's very extroverted , charismatic with a flair for the different that can be very alternative or dangerous,

Like his commercial with the little girl walking into a gallery of alternative clad cyborg models , all bald, half naked,with black lips of sin and fiendish , as the little girl keeps walking with curiosity in her eyes, that video reminded me of me when I walked the same pathway in a sex shop in Hollywood for the first time and I got to see clothing that looked like what JPG made, latex,pvc with metals and strange materials of the alternative , that promised you excitement and untold pleasures , that how JPG perfume was for me when I held that shapely woman in my teenage hands.

I lament to say that this scent on my body chemistry wasn't really compatible despite how much I delight smelling this scent and desiring to have the bottle in my collection, perhaps someday I will buy it to adorn my mantle but for now I stay with the longing for this wild lady and I admire those who's blessed to have this scent as their loving companion and completing each other very well.

MissLola
MissLola

A classique! Well done!

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

Usual Floral...

Porceletta
Porceletta

What a stunning fragrance. It is strong, sexy and not for the fragrance faint-hearted! Great sillage, I always get compliments and it is long wearing. I get the ginger coming through quite strongly on my skin which I think adds to that warm sexiness that I find so alluring about this perfume. Certainly one of my long standing favourites. A must try for lovers of warm spicy florals.

Well, this fragrance is exactly like its bottle - feminine, brave, alluring, tempting, and very sexy. It is like a manifest - I am available to the right man. However, finding Mr. Right is a lot more difficult than buying a bottle:)

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I could wear this pretty much any time any where, I love it.
I have been using this for years now after buying my first bottle in my teens. At the time it was different to anything else I owned or had smelled. I also enjoyed that it was not the same as all the other girls my age at the time who seemed happy to smell of "impluse vanilla kisses" body spray or "Charlie Red". It made me feel rather grown up.
12 years down the line...I still love this, it is a warm, slightly sensuous perfume that is slightly heady and feels "rich" to me, luxurious. Other than work, I can wear this with jeans and a sweater round the house, or for a night out in my glad rags and anywhere in between. It had good longevity and projects well but not overly.
I think it is quite a sexy scent, definitely sensual but not "dirty" in any way. It isn't an innocent girly-girl smell and it is not realy sweet, despite having quite a lot of vanilla. I find it is smooth and rounded with no sharpness or angles if that makes any sense at all.
The only issue I have with this scent at present is that in my city there must have been a large import of knock off copies of this, as at present, everywhere I go I am whacked in the face with a not-quite on the mark copy of this with a hint of BO and a not-good carrier, which teen girls and women are overspraying by a large margin! So while I adore this, I have been giving it a break of late when out and about.
That said there is just something about this perfume that draws me back again and again, and when selecting my perfume in a morning I often have a quick sniff of the bottle even if I settle on something else for the day. Lovely. Classique is the perfect name for this perfect fragrance.

marthapurvis
marthapurvis

This perfume is a timeline masterpiece. After about two hours, the scent seems very close to the skin. I ended up secretly sniffing my wrist all night.

This is the first perfume I have worn that made me feel powerful, sexy, and beautiful (I was wearing my hair in a bun with an underarmour headband and equally casual clothes; no makeup other than foundation; not even a shower that day... I left the house not wanting to be noticed). I guess I now have a much different way of testing things.

All of the notes are detectible but do not compete...
but if it were a competition, rose would win. :) Out of such an intense pool of notes, how in the world does something as soft as rose come forward?

I can't say enough about this perfume.

LisaMari
LisaMari

salty, sweet and powdery. A fragile, subtly warm fragrance.

Nickie_Jac
Nickie_Jac

This creation is often difficult to describe. It's recognizable in the sense that it's a popular scent, however when worn on the skin it stirs up so many different opinions. I enjoy Classique, I also find it worthy of its acclaim.This is a warm, rich and inviting fragrance which reminds me of Organza. The difference being that on my skin this perfume cast a more bitter, rougher and rawer edge. I tried the formulation in the pink canister with the scrolled bodice. This may have been the EDP as it was very dense even though I sprayed cautiously.

personagrata
personagrata

I think this is a long term love relationship. I find it sexy, retro, romantic and really versatile. I used to love the edp and like this one, but now I love this one and like the edp. It puts me in a really good mood, makes me feel beatiful , innocent and a little naugthy at the same time. To me this is a classic and every woman should have it for any occasion. I usually trust the First version of every perfume, I thing it is better than the new ones and this is no exception. Wonderful!

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

This perfume is AMAZING! Sexy, sweet, glamourous & excellent lasting power. It makes me think of powdery cosmetics, pearl earrings, stockings & a very confident woman. This most definitely will be on my Christmas list. Highly recommended!

GartenGnome
GartenGnome

Forget all the celebrity fragrances out there; THIS is what any self-respecting diva would wear.
Sexy packaging? Check.
French designer whose name is fun to say? Check.
Territory-marking sillage? Check.
Drop-dead gorgeous fragrance that keeps 'em coming back for more? Check!

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

love the smell...
retro creamy vanilla with a
burst of wonderful floral bouquet

sexy...

kayraven
kayraven

It is surprising how a fragrance with such interesting ingredients would smell so unpleasant. First of all, I am far not a fan of floral fragrances so that is probably the reason I'm so put off by this. However, I do enjoy the smell of rose here, it ends at this place. This smell is a fusion of rose, orange blossom, ginger, vanilla, amber wood, bergamot, mandarin, aniseed, carnation, orchid, iris, ylang ylang and musk. All of this looked very appealing, however, in the end It smells like a cheap french perfume and doesn't seem any interesting to me. It is by far too powdery girly sweet and weirdly reminds me of a creme of some kind. It seems fresh, not over the top sweet, but somehow just not good enough. The packaging is interesting, but not too convenient, which is more important to me. Additionally, this does not have too good of a staying power, which is a shame. Not a very good choice, I'd say.

risarii
risarii

Woman in a bottle!

The bottle is absolutely perfect for this! Very warm, powdery and feminine.
On me, this opens up with predominate Orange Blossom and Rose; then comes the star anise, orchid and a make-up note that evokes the image of a woman in silk and lace at her vanity table. Drys down to a beautiful vanilla, powdered rose, ambery musk that's sensual and glamorous.

Very Old Hollywood/1930's glamour, in my opinion. I envision the likes of Dita Von Teese (who actually lists this as one of her favorite scents-- very befitting), Jean Harlow, Hedy Lammar, Mae West, Ava Gardner, Veronica Lake, Anita Page, and Elizabeth Taylor when I think of 'Classique'. It very much is a classic perfume that is undeniably feminine, sultry and unique. Simply a piece of art.

Dawndelights

For me I like it more in summer than winter. Never realised how much the weather effects the way a perfume smells

Scout
Scout

I tested this and it's not for me. On a paper tester, it's great. But on skin, it doesn't quite match up to the sum of its parts. I catch bits of components that are good, but they don't stay together as a composite whole. Just annoying powder. Scrubber.

mocanu.cristina.5
mocanu.cristina.5

When I first sprayed it on me I thought of my severe techers I had when I was in school. It's because of its sharpness and spice. I said this is not a perfume for my age(25), but the surprise came in time, when the smell became sweeter and soft. Vanilla and powder teasing me in a pleasant way, making me feel wonderful. It is a sexy smell, but it also inspires respect.

MarillaV
MarillaV

I received a bottle of the JPG EDT in a swap recently, this review is of that fragrance. I believe this is a vintage version, as it is not labeled "Classique," it just labeled with EDT. I was unsure if I would like this or not, as florals can be hit or miss on my skin. But this is beautiful and alluring.

It does open with lush florals, mostly orange blossom to my nose. But the florals are tamed by anise and a peculiar waxy note. I believe the waxy note is meant to evoke the makeup and such found on a woman's vanity table. It is different and I find it intriguing. Right away, the powder comes out to play, adding to the vanity table vibe. The heart opens with ylang ylang, a flower I do enjoy for its richness. As this develops, the sweet vanilla comes in along with the toasted sugar smell of amber. This is definitely a sweet fragrance, although not gourmand to my nose. I do love the opulence and richness of the dry down, it feels like syrup to my nose.

I like to wear this in the cool of the evening, like tonight. It pairs well with sweaters and scarves. There is almost a boozy undertone to this fragrance as well, like a sweet hot buttered rum. You only need a couple sprays to create a soft cloud of powdery sweetness that lasts all night. It lasts a long time when sprayed on scarves as well. It is definitely worth a test, especially if you like the sweeter stuff. I am going to have to compare to the currently available EDT to see how it stacks up.

Dollycat
Dollycat

Oh those scents from the the eighties/nineties they remain delicious! Really i have just buy me another bottle of these old very much worn fragrance but although a lot of women are using it i really love this one. All these scents from that time have the same spicy, sweet vibe that will never get bored and give them the masterpiece status. I hope these very lovely scents will never be discotinued.

roger.maruxo
roger.maruxo

JUST PERFECT. LIKE LE MALE.

Kittycat63

Has anyone noticed that negative reviews for this perfume have no balloons and the positive reviews have loads of them? That's so funny! This kinda reminds me of Opium reviews on here - glowing reviews get lots of balloons and bad reviews get none.

Clearly JPG Classique is one of those perfumes that women seem to love or hate and there's nothing much in-between.

Personally I really dislike this perfume. I think it smells cheap, nasty, slightly nauseating and in no way special! I find it amazing that so many women seem to like it. Also, as if the perfume's not bad enough, and way overhyped, the bottle is, in my opinion, very tacky looking and not even remotely classy. I wouldn't waste a penny on a perfume like this and even if, god forbid, I was to receive a bottle as a present I wouldn't want to use it and would either swap it or give it away!

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

I have this Jean Paul Gaultier perfume that i am trying not to use,on the back it says ANNEE 1996 and it has taken a deep caramel colour, smelling better than ever and provoking me to lather myself with it but i am resisting still!

mayaxylena
mayaxylena

my mom's signature for 5 years, it reminds me of my lovely childhood

annemeimei
annemeimei

This seriously reminds me something about my childhood!!! I can't wrap my mind around it, but whenever I smell this I think of Barbie, doll house, my little chubby mermaid baby doll and my flying fairy... I can't remember exactly what have this smell... but whenever I smell this I want to figure it out so hard what that smell is...

I like this smell because it reminds me of the old times, the time when I was a kid... I'm so familiar with this scent and since it's oriented with my old times, I can't picture it as a sexy luring scent... hmmmmmm

Anybody who thinks the same as me? Know what this smells like?

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this was one of my signature scents when i was younger. it's such a pretty and sexy scent. i think i got a lot of compliments back then. i wear it once in a blue moon now because it's a bit strong for my tastes now, but it always brings me back. it's a perfect vanilla-y oriental floral with lots of spiciness. i love to wear it going out at night.

lia78
lia78

This was one of my favourites about 10 years ago. Finished 2 bottles I think. It's very feminine, sweet and enigmatic. It has very good sillage. I love the powdery dry down. The scent has a sticky appeal. I remember rubbing off the scent on people after a quick hug. If you want to leave a trail of sensuality and sophistication... This one could be your best pick. This one gets your attention but doesn't scream at your face. It's really quite subtle yet leaves an amazing impression. It keeps you sniffing for more...

RueCambon
RueCambon

Great fragrance, very long lasting and very sexy and femminine scent. Love the bootle and packages...remind me my early teens years, when i admired the luxurious commercial on tv or magazines. Very signature scent for elegant and glamourous women. Bravo JPG!

vanillary29
vanillary29

This is gorgeous beyond words! A very powdery, spicy, slightly smokey vanilla that is just so damn sexy! It has that 'makeup scent' vibe going on that makes it smell very pretty and feminine (although, would you expect anything else coming from THAT bottle?) All in all, this stuff is indeed Classique.

madgefan
madgefan

An interesting perfume. Nicely juxtaposes the old-fashioned with the modern. Classique is sweet like modern perfumes but very powdery like traditional fragrances. I also get a very faint whiff of civet. I like how this perfume straddles the fence between two different eras.

No True Scotsman
No True Scotsman

I used to love this when it just came out when I was in my early teens and there was no way I could afford a bottle on my allowance. I was then gifted it in a beautiful giftset about fifteen years later, and I very much enjoyed wearing it. It's a well-blended luxurious fragrance. Sweet, both as in sugary-sweet and as in cute-sweet.
It does feel a bit dated now because *everyone* used to wear it in the nineties. Thankfully the masses now prefer Coco Mademoiselle and Alien (don't get me wrong, perfectly nice fragrances in their own right) so you can wear Classique again without smelling like every other woman you meet.
I do still have a little bit left in the bottle - which I agree with one of the other reviewers looks a bit tacky now, even though I thought it was the epitomy of glam when it was first released.
I don't often use it these days. I don't mind it, it's still a beautifully made fragrance, and I like smelling it on others. Just lost its edge a bit for me, doesn't smell as deep and interesting as some of the fragrances I've discovered since. Still, would recommend this, especially to young women just starting to use proper perfumes.

Purplepop2811
Purplepop2811

My signature scent, definitely a favourite and one that i've been wearing since I was about 18 (my first real grown up perfume)! I have tried lots of others but always come back to this as it's like a comforting blanket.

Gorgeous, delicate floral musky scent, not at all sweet - hints of naughtiness. Lasts for hours and yet isn't overpowering. I don't really notice the vanilla as that is a scent that makes me feel quite ill if it's too overpowering. Always get asked what perfume I'm wearing and people are genuinely shocked when you tell them.. and my boyfriend absolutely adores the scent on me ;)

cwolf
cwolf

Does the new EDP really have fewer notes than Classique EDT? Looking at the scent pyramid on the EDP there's half the listed notes.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I have almost end my 10 years old bottle of Classique edt. I retested modern edt in perfumery. I am sorry to tell Edt is watered down, but Edp reminds me very much what my 10 years old Edt is. They are atm side by side on my wrists and there is no much differences. If You loved old Edt, I guess these days need to buy Edp.
***************************************************

Jola 72
Jola 72

Must to notice here, this perfume must be wear by person who cares about her body hygiene Then it is sprayed on unshowered body may kill somebody in close spaces I mean it ,have a bad experience with a coworker Everybody hated the smell of her I like the perfume a lot Just have bad memories of the wearer...

auroramaria

Germany, I have recently revisited this scent after a few years during which I took a break focusing my attention towards totally new scents and niche, but I have had my share of disappointments so I'm going back to classics.
Only last Friday I was on a fragrance spree and retested Classique EDP and what can I say? This is like walking on a fluffy cloud of sweet goodness! I did not remember how soft and creamy Classique can be, so elegant and can I say sexy!!Vanilla and rose are very well combined here and my opinion is this is a scent for a truly sensual woman.
The EDT is a bit harsh and takes a long time to get to the delicious stage whereas the EDP is all I want Classique to be-just gorgeous.

rosembloom
rosembloom

@Red347: great review! you have captured the essence of this fragrance as I have: ALLLL WOMAN! sensual and potent, this is in itself a fashion statement. Deliciously decadent , powerfully seductive and mezmerizing. This was my first signature fragrance and will always hold a place in my heart and collection. Liquid gold that gets MUCH attention!

Joeysgirl
Joeysgirl

I remember going to a wedding in the Botanical Gardens and the bride was wearing this scent. It was the late 90's and I was just beginning to understand fragrances. It encapsulated all the joy & beauty of a bride on her day, a feeling a woman should have every day. I knew this was intoxicating, captivating and I needed to have it, it really was a stand out fragrance.

I never got the name of it, but set off on a mission to my local department store and must have sniffed over 50 fragrances that day. I encountered THE most patient shop assistant who helped me. Knowing I could never forget the impression it had made on me, I knew once I smelt it again, I would know it immediately.

We finally found it that day and I walked away with it feeling so elated and a little out of pocket, never ever having spent that much on a perfume. This was really my initiation into Florentials and classy scents. It remained my signature for many many years. Some years later when I became a bride myself, Jean Paul was there on my big day, just like I had imagined.

My only regret was telling my admirers what I was wearing, because soon after it became a staple for every Cousin, Aunty and even Grandmother in my newly aquired family. My JPG lost it's lustre and the hunt for a new signature scent began. Sigh!!

I do miss you JPG and from time to time I give myself a sprootz when I am shopping and walking past it. And although I know secretly it smells so much better on me than any of them, hehehe, I can smile in the knowledge that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)

mihaela01
mihaela01

This is great stuff.Seductive,long lasting and great sillage.SEXY scent....

AthenaSmith
AthenaSmith

There's an interesting dichotomy to this perfume, like it has a dual personality. But instead of an innocent turning out to be a vixen, it's the other way around - it's like a femme fatale turning out to have a sweet, girly side. It starts off smelling like a bold, powerful, hot floriental with a somewhat synthetic note; but at the end of the day, it becomes very sweet and honeyed, almost sugary, with a lot of vanilla. Great staying power; will last for hours and hours.

millie1980
millie1980

For the first couple of hours this smelt very soapy and spicy on my skin, and then a gentle note of vanilla came through and turned it into spiced vanilla soap. Doesn't smell too sweet on my skin, which is a good thing. I think it's quite sensual in a delicate way, and you could wear it day or night. It's not my favourite perfume, but if I had some spare cash I'd probably buy a bottle.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

I smelled this for the first time at Sephora today, having seen the bottle for the past 20 years...I must have always thought it was too "naughty" to pick up and sniff.

I immediately smelled something familiar,and my mother and I narrowed it down to "Hawaii". Tropical blooms, sunscreen, warm breezes...it was an instant flashback.

The more we smelled it, the more the sunscreen notes came out (not coconutty Hawaiian Tropic, more like Banana Boat) and the more familiar it became.

I must have had teachers wear this when it first came out, or babysitters, because I swear I've smelled it before.

I didn't end up buying it, because I think if I had been wearing it I would have ended up getting a headache.

Would be really pretty to smell on someone passing by...

susie2013
susie2013

i have been wearing this for years. its one of my all time favourites. like angel, only dry/normal skin can wear this. stay away if you have oily skin. its so sensual, and not in an overt or provocative way. to me its warm, comforting, happy and playful .ultra feminine, definately for a caring affectionate girl,who is alot of fun and perhaps a little cheeky. its like a second skin. i'll never tire of it, and it always warms my heart whenever i wear it.

Viridis
Viridis

It's definately a classic scent. A scent of an era if you may. I was first introduced to it when I was a teenager and I thought it was the best scent ever. I used it mainly for special occasions. By the time I was 24 I felt it was too sweet, my nose swaying more to the floral aquatics and true florals, and stopped using it. Today I cannot see myself wearing it at all.

So to me it was truly a scent of an era, and all eras must come to an end unfortunately. But new horizons bring new hopes and perfumes to mark history.

Sillage is rather heavy and the scent stays mainly the same throughout until in the final end where it becomes more musky.

Dawndelights

Its warm and intoxicating but not heavy. I love it

ktyhan

...wanting to own this one for a while after reading the reviews... but deterred by a few notes I don't quite like... until today I test sprayed it for the first time... it's complicated and comforting, not as sweet or spicy or offensive as I thought...everything is so well blended and tuned down ... a true classic of its kind, a beauty, yeah that's all I can say... and I'm determined to own it.

zoop1
zoop1

this one is in my top 10. i've been wearing it mostly in spring and summer. this is a soft, sensual parfume. it is classy but you can feel comfortable and relaxed wearing it. on me the drydown is creamy and powderlike, perfect on a hot day, because the sillage is good but not invasive and it will stay on your skin.

Sarahlulu
Sarahlulu

Classique is a very "me" type fragrance ...

I am unashamedly feminine and I am often drawn to oriental floral.

This one has one of my favourite notes - the rose, as well as vanilla, musk and I can sense the ginger in it too.

I like the way it starts out with a little burst of mandarin, I often have mandarins in the house for that reason, and it fades to something quite powdery with vanilla.

I feel like a movie star back in the days of Marilyn.

And ....adding a note in late July .... I love it even more. I get compliments often ... it's my go to perfume for every day ... I think the dry down to powdery musk it was I love the most. I feel very sensual wearing this and ready for romance.

minalistic
minalistic

On the contrary to what many reviewers said, to me it is only
Plastic doll head + Plastic doll head + cheap hairspray + lycorice.
There's no way I wear this. There's nothing classic about this scent.

Dawndelights

Payed and ordered it just waiting for it to come and I pick it up from the shop. Being on this site is bad for my purse lol

Madrin
Madrin

I read the reviews and thought this should eb one of THE perfumes for me... I like sweetness and I like classical, classy smells. But unfortunately, this one doesn't turn out that well on me. On me, it's sweet, but it's a sickening sweetness (unlike La Petite Robe Noire, which I love), mixed with something sharp that I don't really like. It smells cheap on me and not classy at all. I recognized the smell, though, and I can remember that it's not always that sickening and sharp. So I think it's just my skin chemistry.

Actually I'm quite glad. Because I really don't like the bottle (unlike many others here). I find the bottle kind of cheap looking, I wouldn't feel classy with half a naked lady on my shelf. But I seem to be the only one.

red347
red347

Holy WOW! This is an amazing fragrance, the name fits. I get a slightly sweet, powdery, classic scent, read the reviews! I highly recommend this one for a romantic setting, or anytime you want to smell/feel like a powerful, sensual, in control WOMAN! This is not for little girls or shy ladies, you must wear this or it will wear you!

I give this one a 10/10 for being so sensual, brash, brazing, powdery, etc., if you can pull it off, there will be an aura of sensuality and power surrounding you!

lorelei81
lorelei81

It is a very classy and retro perfume. Not for all ocasions, suits well with pin-up, and womanish style. Retro cars, garden parties, coctails dresses, bustieres, 40-50's feelings, anything but mainstream. Sexy, but no in a flashy way. It needs that Attitude, that presence.

sophisticated
sophisticated

I totally agree with previous reviews, this perfume is for a lady in charge of her own life, confident and classy BUT here's the twist.. she might get flirty so be aware, you might drawn in the magic of her scent

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

good, a little dry/stingy for a flowery perfume. not for a lady but for a woman in charge of her life. a little promiscuous but in an acceptable quantity. good for a night-out ;)

Snuffeltje
Snuffeltje

@Kittycat63: I noticed too that only the good reviews get tons of balloons!
But I always kinda keep that in mind on the internet. ;)
Big companies are on the internet too..

I find this one 'okay' (it's overrated), got it when it was on sale (€25 for the smallest),
but I can understand why you would ether love it or hate it.
On its own I like it, but I have too much memories of my grandma wearing this so my opinion is a bit spoiled by that, because grandma's aren't as sexy as you want to be yourself at a young age. :P

If you like sweet chai tea and soapy smells, you can try it.

Never blind buy it!

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

A (female) friend of mine is wearing Classique at the office.

Sometimes I wonder if it's her natural smell. I love this !

The man's reaction in the ad is absolutely natural as well, and as a person of the same sex I can only understand him !

Sexy is the word, classique truly is a classic for women.

pomdgf
pomdgf

This scent makes me feel like I can rule the world. Perfect combination that I irresistible. On me it's so musky and very floral and I found that the base notes just like Poeme of Lancome at the end of the day. I'll have two spray in the morning and three or four when night out. This is so incredibly sexy ! Really ! The perfume scream and shout in itself to the other guys like " Come a little closer and seduces me ". Love this perfume so much.

arrode
arrode

This is the scent of a sexy, confident woman. It's definitely not a scent for a young girl. I feel like 18+ could wear this as I find it a very sensual scent as in jump your significant others in a slinky dress and heels. The first time I sprayed this, I was crinkling my nose thinking, "No way is this for me!", but the second time I smelled it, it was absolute love. I really want to own this. It's a heavy, sensual scent and smells slightly "dirty" in a way, but has a sweetness that cuts the dirtiness. To me, this is the perfect "updated" classic smell. I can't wait to own this. There's nothing quite like it. Definitely try it before you buy it. I think this is really chemistry-dependent and isn't a safe blind-buy. The EDT lasts about 5 hours on my skin and has a sillage of 1-2 feet.

alita101
alita101

I agree with Luca Turin: this fragrance is a triumph of packaging over content. I find it cloying and syrupy sweet.

ajkeelty
ajkeelty

I can remember the bottle, so sexy, sitting on top of my mother's dresser. That sexy little bottle, it seemed like a secret only a woman would understand. I hadn't remembered the scent of it. When my new fragrance obsession emerged earlier this year I ordered a decant. Just upon opening the small vial, memories of warmth enveloped me. I love this perfume because of my childhood memories, but I am so glad that this smells like magic and not just nostalgia. A truly classic scent.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Aahhh, memories! I remember coveting a miniature bottle of this fragrance in my late teens/ early 20's. It was my go to when I didn't know what to wear. If I only had appreciated as much as I should have. Now I am rediscovering it and it is still just as beautiful today. Definitely a classic!

Lali123
Lali123

Lace and silk lingerie, sexy suspenders with high heels.

This reminds me everything'sexy, and feminine. Like a women dressing up, after hot nights. LOVELY scent and GUESSED bottle

Protea
Protea

gabriel.villa your description is spot on. I've been wearing Classique the whole week and just cannot seem to get enough of it!

LoveForYMCMB
LoveForYMCMB

So, a friend of my family wore this perfume, it's utterly disgusting, i don't even say it's not for me , it's not for ANYONE.It smelled like a french strong smell.it left my house bathed in perfume for a day!I don't find why is it so expensive!I stay with fruity perfumes

LauriD
LauriD

A lovely scent that I always enjoy on others but for some reason it doesn't smell the same on me & also gives me a headache (when I am the person wearing it)

Jellybean
Jellybean

I find main players here are: ylang ylang, amber and white florals. Quite a heavy, sweet floral with strong amber undertone. No powder here at all. It can get stuffy, I'm pretty sure I can recall this from my clubbing days, been worn heavily at nightclubs. It lasts awhile.

slobberchops
slobberchops

omg omg omg i am officially in love,,,,with a perfume !!!!its happened,this is the one,i would happily sell all my others i will never be without this juice,its warm,its spicy and sexy,my nose is stuck to my arm,i have never smelt anything so delicious,its femine and girly as well,i have edt and panicked as thought i edp is better,but i dont care,one spray is enough,could only afford a 20 mil bottle but i will deffinatly buy anouther as soon as i can,only thing i criticise is the can,couldnt get into it to start with and was in desperation looking for a can opener !!!!

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

This is one of the best perfumes ever! Starting with a breathtaking blend of soft citrus and spices, it turns into a perfectly feminine, elegant and powdery orange blossom, rose and vanilla scent.

I am such a big fan of orange blossoms and spices in perfumes... This is the mother of them all. Funnily enough because my mother loved it, too. ;)

This is truly seductive, so much more seductive than any heavy oriental fragrance could ever be. It's the femininity created by soft, powdery and still fresh-floral notes.

Classique screams VENUS! :)

Be careful with it, as it has such an incredible staying power.

gabriel.villa
gabriel.villa

Classique, indeed, is a very classic fragrance. And also seductive, why not?

This perfume is a masterpiece, that's what I've got to tell you if you don't know it. Not floral oriental fans, please stay away from this woman. She's dangerous and her essence must be appreciated! Classique opens with a perfect blend of orange blossom, star anise and rose; this gives a fresh and soapy quality to the fragrance. We also have another blend, of mandarine orange and bergamot, and this helps the perfume a lot more with its citrus freshness. And a shy pear in the background, which fortunately to me doesn't make the perfume really fruity, just a tone of pear very light that fades quickly. Since the beginning of this perfume I can smell some cinnamon and sandalwood, something really light too. They are notes of base, but on my skin and to my nose they don't appear in the end of the perfume, but when we spray it. It's something that reminds me of Le male, which I knew before Classique. But nothing heavy, that also fades quickly. Together with all of that, ylang-ylang appears very strongly. In the heart, Classique keeps going with lots of ylang-ylang, which gets itself mixed with plum - again, nothing really fruity, just sweet and strong - and ginger, one of the most delicious notes in this fragrance. Tuberose and orchid appear in this part of the perfume as well, and here Classique comes to the famous vibe of rice powder, which is really strong and the most interesting idea of this fragrance. And the heart of this perfume finishes with iris: the perfume here gets creamy, a little bit more powdery. The final part, just amazing, amber combined with musk and vanilla. I simply adore this base. So classic, sweet, sexy, animalic... very well done!

Very long lasting fragrance, very good sillage... amazing perfume. Use it in night time occasions and you are going to be noticed. And when I say it's sexy, I'm saying it's sexy. I'm not joking on that. You may be addictive wearing this. People may appreciate it on your neck. Just be careful with the sprayers, because they are really strong and the perfume may scream and slap everyone in the face.

Classique: the most classic fragrance by the house of Jean Paul Gaultier, making you a classic and sophiticated person, very attractive and beautiful, smelling like heaven - or like something else. Something dirty, something wild... a 100% sexy and captivating.

kitka
kitka

This fragrance is a bit unique for me because when I smell it on others, I find it a bit too much. I can't think of another perfume that it reminds me of-- it's pretty different. This is probably the only perfume I have worn that I really don't care for, yet I get many compliments on it. I have worn it occasionally for several years, and at this point, it's feels a bit dated to me. I am tempted to keep it around though because it sure seems to retain a loyal following of all ages. The bottle is cool to display and so different from the traditional rectangular or rounded bottles you constantly see.

tterekhova
tterekhova

First I red at InStyle that this is one of the sexiest perfumes. Then I was trying it at Sephora every time passing by it. It felt great (but nothing to do with this movie like commercial where lady sneaks out from one night stand). It feels cozy and sweet.

One of those: gotta have it no matter what...

malikado
malikado

had this long time ago
after submiting this review i want to forget all about it
i hate this perfume
never waste your money

tabithacate
tabithacate

I had a sample of the EDP of Classique and although at first sniff I wasn't keen, I put it on my skin and it seemed to smell amazing. Well I seemed to prefer the EDP to the EDT when I tried it on card.
I was lucky to recieve a lovely 50ml bottle of the EDT Classique for a gift from my friend. I sprayed it on my skin and immediately fell in love. There is something in Classique that really works well with my skin, and seems to suit me.
This is the perfume I will reach for if I want to look my best and dress up in a nice dress and heels.
It is a timeless classic.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

It smells like fruits cooked in honey and spices. If I'm not so scared of the JPG bottles, I'd own this. This is not a unique fragrance, however Jacques Cavallier worked his magic on this potion----like what he did to all his fragrances. A perfume done by Cavallier is something I can describe as well orchestrated, fluid, and harmonious.

This perfume is no exception. It practically melts on the skin, all the notes singing together in a wondrous melody.

Ineke's Field Notes from Paris is very similar but that gave me an explosive headache. Classique is very wearable yet is bold, headstrong, and very feminine. This is timeless.

scentsforme
scentsforme

Does anybody think that this would pass for G. A. code for women?

danablue19
danablue19

Ok...so after reading all these great reviews, I went to the store to test it, althought I was almost willing to buy it without trying it first.
OMG! the dissapointment....it smells like SOAP and not even the expensive type.
ok, after 5 hours the soapy smell went away and the vanilla orchid notes came to life, but even so, it is the most expensive bottle of SOAP, not perfume, you can buy.

jurocha2710
jurocha2710

This perfume is my mother in a bottle, i remember when she was peppering the christmas dinner, putting all the decorations on place. I just remember her elegance, her beauty. A true woman. Now every time i come to this scent i remember her, n matter what. Today i told myself i would try on my skin and picked this up in her dresser. When i first sprayed it i immediately didn`t like it. For me that was to much crazy florals - probably is just the rose (which i hate in perfumes)-, and somewhere i found a citrus note. I had forgotten the scent by this time. Some hours latter, i founded myself in that beautiful scent of my mother, and a familiar note: cinnamon. I know nobody could notice this, but in that vanilla and amber cape i was found a strong but discrete cinnamon, rarely notice in the begging but the more you find this the center of the composition. For me this perfume is all about the dry down, and the gorgeous cinnamon that makes this perfume be what it is. Just beautiful.

Ps: This scent lasts forever, its quality is amazing .

ruski-lady
ruski-lady

I can see why this has withstood the test of time. This is quality! I tried four different perfumes on my arms and this definitely stood out from the rest. I could barely smell the others compared to this. Sillage is amazing - projects right off my arm. Longevity was great too. This beautiful white floral is worth looking into.

curvealert
curvealert

On the tester strip, JPG Classique was sweet and feminine with a hint of spice. On me, my skin amplified the anise to such an extent that all the other notes were drowned in a sea of medicinal burnt plastic. Such a shame, but this is a scrubber for me.

miss mills
miss mills

What can I say, I love this one - whenever I even think of it, I am transported to the midst of a shiny sparkling costume party of deviants, circus performers, beautiful raven haired goddesses and wild nights out in a spiral staircased church in a place somewhere one wouldn't expect to find such a party....need I say more?

On the flip side, this is beautiful enough to wear to work and maintain an innocent air - who would know what wild party spirit lurks beneath? If Hypnotic Poison and Coco didn't have my heart, this would be it for me.

Vanilla in this perfume is just right - lures you in to the passionate heart that beats beneath. Don't just sniff the tester, try it on, wear it a few times and you'll see...the one that started the wave of Agent Provocateur types in my humble opinion! Mr Gaultier & Jacques Cavallier, you are geniuses! XXX
PS JPG bottles? The best, in my humble opinion.

ojosverdes

I have had my bottle for a while. It's vintage but I haven't used it too much as it is more a night perfume. Coincidentally, I sprayed my wrist tonight kind of to get a feel for it again. As I'm smelling the scent, I can't help but to notice that it's similar to Cinema by YSL. I have only smelled Cinema once I have a partial bottle but haven't gotten around to using it much. I go check who created Cinema and what a coincidence the same nose created both scents some decade apart. This is a classic vanilla scent the would be around for quite sometime. It's sensual and mysterious sweet and kind of provocative. I amaze myself how a can pick up on these things. I think I'm training my nose to be more discerning when it comes to perfumes.

Spangle
Spangle

I did not like this. It smells like strong cheap soap on me.

Clyn11
Clyn11

Soapy...powdery in a unique way. One of those fragrances that are very identifiable. So feminine. I like it a lot! Sillage...strong and Longevity excellent :)

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I FINALLY understand what people mean when they describe a perfume as having a "makeup" smell, thanks to Classique. I really fell in love with this beauty. That sweet orange blossom and mandarin plus anise on the top notes are just so unique, and as it dries down into a vanilla/floral powder it becomes so sexy. I am sure I will want a bottle of this one in my collection from now on. The EDT lasts forever on my skin and clothes, and I have nothing else just like it!

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This one has been interesting for me. I purchased it a while back when I was shopping at Dillards. I fell in love with it first sniff. All the way home I thought to myself, this is the one! That perfect oriental floral I've been reminiscing about from way back when...but when I got it home, complete disappointment. It just was to much of something, I kept thinking of powder detergent, or dryer sheets. So, off she went into the dark, tucked away somewhere and forgotten about.

Until recently. I think my expectations were just to high at first...do you ever do that? I am so bad with that. Anyhow, I started getting bored with my collection, so I got her back out from the darkness, sprayed some on, and went out for the day. I fell in love. All of the powderiness and deliciousness came back to me. Vintage 20's style powder room ruffles and lace. I can see Louise Brooks or Vilma Banky with a flapper haircut wearing this. Old make-up, powder, lipsticks, anything on a 1920's boudoir. Just what I love...the color and shape of the bottle fits it just right, another Valentines Day delight!

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

Elegant, feminine and timeless. I gave my almost full bottle to my mom, but I have good memories of it! <3

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

Sweet and powdery. Slightly musky too. very nice however there was a time when I wore this alot. Have outgrown it really but think of it with fondness. Will maybe put on a xmas wish list one year for nostalgia, but wouldnt invest in another bottle myself.

medii
medii

This sexy/lovely fragrance always remindes me of summertime in Athens. I was so much in love and feeling seductive, relaxed and full of joy. JPG Classic Edt is very bold, sunny, selfconfident, happy, sensual and snuggling at the same time... Although it belongs to the heavier perfumes, I can wear it through the summer with no problem, just because it goes so well together with the lightness of being that always comes along with summer.

Samah
Samah

It's very musky on me which is kind of strange because It's not sweet and powdery on me as a lot of people here mentioned it reminds me of Nercisso Rodreguez for her but it's warmer and richer than NR and very sexy .

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

I love oriental floral perfumes with vanilla and I have read so many positive reviews about Classique, so I was very much looking forward to trying this. But on the first spray, I was very disappointed. It’s extremely powdery and so strong. Mixed in with the powder, I could smell something spicy that could be the rum essence and the star anise, but after that spiciness fades and some floral middle notes appear, the powder is still as strong as ever. It’s relentless.

As someone who is not a fan of powder in her perfumes, I was not enjoying this scent at all. Someone in another review wrote that she could imagine a ball of powder wafting around her, and I completely agree. No matter if I was walking or sitting, all I could smell was powder. It was so strong! I will say that it is very feminine and pretty, but my personal dislike for powder had me praying for the fragrance to fade.

After a couple hours, I began to smell the base note of amber, which made it smell warmer and more alluring. The powder still remained as the amber and musk came through, but the perfume suddenly became sexier, which I didn’t feel like this perfume was before I could smell the base notes. After hours of wear, I finally smelled some vanilla on my skin, and it was gorgeous.

As the name “Classique” suggests, there is something “old school” about this perfume. It’s not one of those fresh, citrusy contemporary fragrances. It’s sensual and womanly. It’s something I would imagine women at the Moulin Rouge would wear in their boudoirs. This is something that I would only wear in the bedroom (where I actually enjoy smelling powder) because I would not be able to stand the powder wafting around me everywhere I went all day and night.

I don’t recommend this as an everyday scent. People either love it or hate it, but I have a love-hate relationship with it. I love the last hour when I finally smell the vanilla, but it’s not worth me hating the first several hours when the powder chokes me. I also asked my boyfriend what he thought and he said that it was just “okay”; my sister kept asking me to move away from her.

It’s very strong—I only put one spritz directly on my wrist and it lasted all day. I smelled it on my coats and cardigans days later and it smelled beautiful because the powder wasn’t so strong. So if the powder would have just calmed on my skin, I could see myself wearing this very very often and feeling sexy. I will not be buying this perfume, but if you like powder, amber, white florals, and vanilla, give it a try.

Also, I don’t get why some people complain about the bottle or think it’s too provocative. I think the bottle is beautiful, unique, and captures the womanly, feminine essence of this perfume. 3/5

aqua76239
aqua76239

I sampled it the other day at Sephora when I was killing time before my hair appoinment. I sprayed it on my hand and at first was like"oh dear..I don't think I like this". Its rather spicy and floral because of orange blossom and anise, I assume. However, if you give it few minutes it will move to vanilla and amber, with just a hint of floral spicyness. It almost has a sort of smoky feel which I really loved. Incidentally, I sampled it on the same day as Addict from Dior and to me, the drydown on these two are very simular. Not sure which one I like better.
When I got to my hair appointment, my stylist(a male), loved this. I only sprayed one small spray on my hand and he thought it was sweet and very sophisticated. He is actually quite young(26) so clearly young people can and do like this scent.
Lasting power is pretty good-I got several hours with one small spray. so far I am a fan of most Galtier frags.
I could see why some people disliking it but I definately don't think its "disgusting". Everyone's taste is different so to each one their own.

serggia
serggia

i tried it today and it did last for around 3-6 hours. sillage isnt really that strong and i cant even smell if i put my arms down. it has this sweet and fresh a bit of summer feel to it. I bought it cause the fragrance appeal to me. i will use it on occasion and keep it as one of my collections. :D

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Yeah...must have this. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It's so creamy, sweet, and smells of all things girly. This is definetely a keeper. I love it!

UPDATE: best scent to to wear on cold days or out on dates. Lovely, spicy smell...

rebecca_97
rebecca_97

I fell in love with this perfume over the course of one day. When it had first been applied, I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not, I felt that it was far too overpowering and far too mature for a woman of my age (18).

After a few hours, the smell was still strong, though not overpowering, so I think it would most suit a self-confident woman. However, the smell was now a lot more floral, and I felt a lot more comfortable wearing it, you could say that I felt I had grown into it, or that it had adjusted to me!!

Now, it really is the most beautiful smell, though I think you should apply it half an hour or so before you intend to wear it to give yourself chance to be absorbed by it- it's that kind of smell!

I'd strongly recommend you wear it for a day before you buy it though, I think you'll either love it or hate it.

Kittycat63

To me JPQ Classique just smells powdery, cloying and reminds me very much of Pepto Bismol ... not good and certainly far from sexy! When I made the mistake of testing it I couldn't stand the smell after a few minutes and had to wash it off.

So, I really don't understand the popularity of this at all and I think the power of persuasion, slick advertising and the desire to own designer label products plays a big part. The perfume itself I find incredibly ordinary and, for me, unpleasant.

beatrix75
beatrix75

What grandma ???i am young and i love cassique so much its so delicate its so like my mam face pouder its creamy magnifique!!simple amazing !!!!everithing in one frag what i lucking for.10/10 long lasting nice creamy wanilla anise mosk and flovers with amber undertone extravagance !!!!

annettepe
annettepe

i dont like this scent personally but it smells pleasant on others. it really reminds me of my grandma and gives me such comforting memories as she used to wear this all the time. it is a very classic scent, mature and feminine. to me its also very powdery, strong on the vanilla and distinctive floral notes.

nightcat23
nightcat23

Really nice classy scent. It's slightly sweet, powdery and the florals balance out the vanilla so it's not a strong foody syrupy gourmand. It's so pretty and feminine and delicate.

It has a cozy warming quality on my skin as well.

cecfor
cecfor

This is the only one from the classic line so far I can like. It's a bit synthetic but not in a clean way as the others I've tried. It can be a little overwhelming and I will not use it often and I will not apply much. If I would I think I would soon find it suffocating. But now and then I like it. I have a mini and it will last a long time for me.

deliten
deliten

This is suffocating and just too warm! I can surely enjoy it on others, but on myself it is just too much. Anyone else who feels that this smells like Coca-cola?

freddinos
freddinos

I have used a bottle of this in the past, but all I could sense on me was pure white sugar! This perfume reminds me exactly of the smell of some plain sugar coated candies wrapped in tulle they give as wedding favors in my country. I don't get anything floral, just the sugar. Lasts long and is quite a classic now so I guess it appeals to a lot of people...

Specklechan
Specklechan

Tried this out today and it was not what i was expecting from the reviews on here! the opening was like someone had smashed you in the face with a hyacinth, bulb, mud and all. Which is weird because hyacinth isnt a listed note. Once that wore off it settled into a rich, sweet and uplifting scent, but somehow not as glamorous as Cinema which is what i went for in the end. I might give it another shot sometime, because the dry down was fantastic, just need to get past that very odd opening.

RGR
RGR

This is a classic perfume for an elegant, sexy,confident woman. I imagine this woman showers with expensive french soap, wears drop dead gorgeous lingerie and applies makeup with a fluffy powder puff in a lovely vanity.
What I love about this perfume is that the flowers are not overly done and the vanilla and sweet notes are just a reminder of the sweet side in women.
This is not a dessert scent and it is not a vintage flower scent. This is an expert balance between the two in a way only the french connoisseurs can do it.

CLASSIQUE COCKTAIL

Mix:-

10 parts Pepto Bismol with
2 parts crushed Parma Violets (British candies!)
2 parts Saccharin / Aspartame

Shake vigorously.

Pour into 'quirky' bottle.

Slap on too high price tag.

Enjoy (if you can).

This is what JPG Classique smells like to me. I tested it ages ago and didn't like it then because it reminded me so much of Pepto Bismol, which is revolting! Having read such rave reviews for it here though I gave it another go today when I was in the perfume section of a department store, thinking that maybe I'd written it off too soon as an overpriced, nasty smelling perfume, but no - I was right the first time. It really is unpleasant and still stinks of Pepto Bismol.

Even when I desperately sprayed on about 6 other perfumes to try to drown out the stink of JPG Classique it still didn't die down and managed to overwhelm all the other perfumes with its pongy Pepto Bismol'ness. YUCK.

I really don't get why JPG Classique perfume seems to be so popular, and why there's an overwhelming amount of gushing reviews of it on here! Maybe it's the power of persuasion, slick advertising, being told by endless high-end magazines that it's a 'must-have' perfume and/or the need by some people to follow the pack and latch onto whatever they think is 'on trend'. Whatever - to my nose it smells very unpleasant, cheap and cloying, it's overpriced and the bottle doesn't do it any favors either. The pink version (whichever one that is!) smells marginally better and didn't turn my stomach the way this one does but that's nothing special either!

nadia11

Thank you Annaenigma for your response on the EDT and EDP..i have to agree with you. The EDT has softer notes.They are both lovely but I think the EDT settles better on my skin

nadia11

I bought myself a miniature perfume of Classique EDP just to give it a try.The bottle is soo gorgeous. Its scent is beautiful but i think I like the EDT more. It does tend to be softer when it dries down, than the EDP and I cant believe how different the two are in notes.
I wore EDT for a couple of years. Im looking forward to wearing it again. It definitely is a classic fragrance for me and very unique compared to others out there.I have to agree with you Sandrina_Bambi, Gaultier defintitely rules..big time :)

missliberty11
missliberty11

I loved JPG classique when it came out in the nineties. An older girlfriend of mine wore it and I still associate this perfume with her as a strong, independent but loving and warmhearted mother and opera singer. Now, more than 17 years later, I bought the eau de parfum 20ml version for myself as the price has gone down a bit. I'm still unsure if it suits me at all. I get the feeling to wear someone else's fragrance. It is sweet and kind of comforting, but it does smell synthetic on me for sure. I don't recognise any complexity here. It smells sirup-like, with liquor and a hint of burnt sugar or sweet vanilla. It's a shame but on me, it smells cheap. It lingers on me for very long, I can still smell it several hours later but strangely can't associate with the fragrance. For the right skin chemistry, this would make a lovely yummy perfume. It was one of the first gourmand fragrances, and is a real classic. As usual I recommend you test this before buying.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I received a sample of this during my Christmas shopping yesterday and I must say, what a delight! For an EDT, this is an absolute powerhouse. It goes on soft, and as it starts to settle, becomes warm, soft, and caresses the skin with a beautiful soft, glorious vanilla with a pinch of spice (like a custard with a little je-ne-sais quoi!) It has a wonderful sillage, and, from testing it before hand, a great lasting power. This scent is great and I recommend it to women - not girls - but women who are confident, chic, and well-rounded. Wondrous!

annaenigma
annaenigma

Nadia11: I think the EDT is softer around the edges and overall more beautiful than the EDP. In my opinion the EDT is perfect at any season (day time/night time), whereas the EDP is more for winter time as it can get very cloying otherwise. The EDP has a distinctive note (Pear liqueur, I think) that one should be wary about. It sometimes causes me to feel a little bit nauseous, and I can imagine that anyone who's ever had a bit too much to drink might experience the same thing ;-) However; I do like the EDP, but I LOVE the EDT!

nadia11

By reading the reviews, the Edt is better than the Edp? Is that right? ive only had the Edt, which is gorgeous? in what way are they different??

nadia11

One of my favourites. So feminine and sophisticated!

aschiffm
aschiffm

Beautiful sweetish honeyed oriental perfume. The spice is not overpowering, just compliments its honeyed orange sweetness. This is an oriental for sensual women with a sensitive sophisticated aura.

keels
keels

I love it, I get heaps of compliments when I wear this but my only problem is that it isnt long lasting. I have to constantly reapply it throughout the day. which of course leaves me with an emptier bottle too soon after purchasing it!

Etulipia
Etulipia

It smells really cheap, has no class and smells like every teenager trying to be sexy.. I don't get why it's so popular

nadia11

This is stunning. very sexy and classy. Long lasting too which is great!

Ceylane
Ceylane

I really like this perfume! It's vintage, feminine and adult. Good staying power and sillage.

EDIT:I am now starting my second bottle of 100 ml of this and OMG! I love him very much. When I'm using, I feel like Louise Brooks or another beautiful woman of that time. The output rough that soon gives way to a delicious smell of makeup most expensive and elegant. So feminine. This is a perfume that smells like perfume, unlike perfumes that are in fashion today, that smell like food, fruits and drinks.

daredevil
daredevil

Incredibly special sensual smell for classique elegant females, for a strong minded and determined lady!

electric33
electric33

A woman that I admire wears Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women.
She is successful, confident, stylish and sexy.
Classique smells so good on her and fits her perfectly. She says it is her only perfume.
Yesterday I purchased Classique, partially hoping to magically have this perfume pass on to me the attributes I admire in her.
Sadly, no magic.
Classique started off with such an overwhelming odor on me. I can't even
Identify it, but it bothered me so much I searched the Classique reviews on Fragrantica
and hoped the scent would turn into the beautiful perfume talked about so often.
It never happened on me.
I think that body chemistry plays such a strong role in how perfume reacts on us and yet I just don't seem to learn that lesson.
A small sample of Classique would have been enough for me to find out
I do not share my friend's chemistry.
2 months after writing this review I got brave and tried this fragrance again.
It smelled different, maybe because it is 46 degrees and so cold outside.
I actually liked the way it smelled. I was so suprised.
A stranger commented on my perfume too. She said "you smell so good."

fdmc
fdmc

I love this perfume. Classique and Womanity for me are the best perfumes in the world, they are both very different but the perfumes are ideal for a modern woman, very and sensual. For me CLASSIQUE EDT is much better that the CLASSIQUE EDF becouse is does not have the flowers than most women's perfumes have, this perfume has a smell that reminds of makeup with a touch of vanilla. CLASSIQUE 4 EVER.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

I love the opening spicy scent with a little sweetness. Almost chai masala like. It's dry down is powdery on me. It's similar to kilian love on my skin. Not sure why. Nowhere near the same notes. Reminds me of being young and a Madonna fan. Love it for a day out with your man in a casual cafe like setting. Can be an evening scent too. Too much for the office.

incandescent

I don't care much for the opening, sharp and a little too overpowering, but the dry down is to die for: a warm, spicy-sweet hazy vanilla, meshed with the sultriest, sexiest orange blossoms. Addictive. Alluring. Delicious. Ultra Femme.

It's only the top notes that are overpowering, so I like to spray on a decent amount 40-60mins before leaving the house. It is a versatile scent too, day or night, and not too strong for summer.

ExodusLaughing
ExodusLaughing

I wear this out to clubs a lot, the boys love it! Also, this scent just slightly lingers on anyone you hug or cuddle with giving them a nice reminder of you after you have gone. For some reason on me the base notes tend to come to the fore front (amber vanilla and musk). I put a bit on each pulse point (neck and wrists) a small pray in the middle of my rib cage and one sprints in my hair. I find it last much longer in the hair. ; )

Princess
Princess

This is spicy and unique. A warm sexy scent. An evening scent.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

This perfume first belonged to my mom and i used to love it as a child and i actually wore it to school before and a teacher told me "This perfume is so beautiful your mom has a wonderful taste" and i never forgot that! That was 10 years ago. Last year i got it and i'm again in love with it even more than before since i can appreciate perfumes more and know the notes and all! It's so sexy! You can't wear it for any random occasions to me it has to be worn on important memorable days/events! It's sentimental!! It's a head turner! It's perfect in my opinion a perfect feminine scent, mysterious, alluring! It's beyond beautiful! And of course that's all my opinion so to me, it's perfect =)

Cameopetals
Cameopetals

A gift from my aunt. It was a bit strong at first so I didnt appreciate it. Too spicy. A bit confused on how or where to wear it. So I put it away for years. Reading the great reviews I must try it again soon.

settan
settan

Definitely my favourite perfume! It smells kind of "powdery spicy" on me. Lots of star anise, ginger and a little bit of vanilla.
Many times sandalwood gives me a headache, but not this time! It doesn't take over like it does in other perfumes.
It's a scent that can make you feel really confident and sexy.
It's probably more of a "night scent" but I use it during the day too, I just can't help myself! I constantly sniff my wrists during the day ;)

muskymoi
muskymoi

Classique and I went on a first date. It was fantastic. I thought "WOW, I found the ONE." We go out a few more times, canoodle a bit, make plans, name our future kids. But, then Classique starts getting a little cloying and, even, desperate. I started getting the "you said you'd call, why didn't you call? Are you doing that 3-day waiting period thing?" And then I started that all-too-frequently used disappearing act... all because Classique didn't like that *maybe* I liked other perfumes too.

rafaellaR.123
rafaellaR.123

I have a Classique free sample, and it's just so amazing... The name says a lot about it. It starts sweet, but very critrusy and powdery; then, I can smell orange blossom, some other florals, ginger, anise, and a lot of vanilla. Finally, amber shows up, the floral part fades and it gets to be a warm, powdery vanilla smell.
Powdery, sweet, floral, spicy, citrusy, and warm; just perfect for a sexy, funny, feminine, elegant woman. And when I mean funny, I mean sarcastic (some scents make me think of a sarcastic, sexy woman).
I don't think it's a night scent, for me, it's perfect for fall days. Great for winter too.
I love it; and totally recomend it!

onlynyambura
onlynyambura

I got it today and at first it was very strong, I think the ginger was just over powering.but one hour in ,it has settled and am beginning to like it.lets see what the rest of the day has in store.

sleazenrapture
sleazenrapture

When I was a child, my mother used to drag me along with her to department stores with large, confusing perfume sections. The bottle for JPG Classique always struck me as tantalising, mysterious, beautiful and strange. The bottle for me stirs these childhood memories like nothing else. When I got old enough to start buying my own fragrance, i decided not to try Classique. I thought it must be far too mature for my teenage cupcake desires; I'll leave it til I'm 21, I thought. Around the same time, I had a spoilt friend who doused herself in a vile and badly-matched perfume; something like sour condensed milk and dirty lace; her dark, dingy room always smelt strongly of it, and it seemed so mismatched and wrong. I only discovered years later after having an in-depth fragrance conversation with her that that dreaded scent was my coveted Classique! Needless to say, I was heartbroken and disappointed, and ignored it until recently, until I could ignore it no longer, and took it upon myself to try a tester at my local fume shop. Was this the same scent that disgusted me all those years back? Certainly not. But.. How could it be? I'd smelt it so often on other women and girls.. There must be some mistake. I tried it on. Disgust! Again! What on earth does this mean?

After vowing to concentrate more closely on the women I've smelt wearing it, I have come to the conclusion that this scent doesn't suit a large majority of younger women (myself included). We get drawn in by the thought of that beautiful, iconic bottle sitting on our dressers, and ignore the fact we aren't ready for it; we spray three, four, maybe five times on our décolleté; and don't realise that the people around us are choking to death!

Classique will be firmly stuck in my childhood fantasies until I meet somebody that wears it well. Dream girl, if you're out there, please come and find me. I promise I won't touch the bottle until I'm well and truly ready.

mimilli
mimilli

Sometimes I wonder if there's something narcotic or actually addicting in this. It's so... hooking. I love, love, love it. And I truly am hooked (and strangely I feel like this one is said to be hooking more than any other fragrance, or so it seems to me). Top notes are not that pleasant, they have this little harsh "old lady" thing going on. To this day I'm not sure how I feel about them, some days I like them, most days I just want them to give room for the superb dry down. After 30 minutes Classique reaches its glory. It's sexy, complicated, unusual and extremely sophisticated. It's like the greatest luxury piece of clothing that you love to wear and that comes only better the more you wear it and gives you this unexplained boost. I find it quite complexed as well. I think it's strong and soft, dark but sheer... I think it's one of the very best built mainstream fragrances I've smelled.

onesexygrammy
onesexygrammy

I have been wearing this too long. The first time I tried this it was a gift from a friend who hardly knew me...or so I thought. I was instantly hooked. The spice, tonka bean, sandalwood and sweet sexy floral notes took hold of my senses. The powdery drydown becons your nose to come as close as possible for another whiff. I have yet to find a man who doesn't like it. Classique awakened my confidence and put sass in my step. (yes, it's possible for the right fragrance to do that to you.) I have a few drops left of the EDP. I am going to save it for one last occasion after I find my new signature. I have to say goodbye with respect after 12 years. The only other things I've treasured longer are my daughter and my Pomeranian.

unikue
unikue

I have this perfume and really like it. It's definitely long lasting and can be a bit strong. Quite warm, not an 'everyday' perfume.
When my sister moved out she left some of her perfumes and one of them was a little jean paul gaultier bottle with a green corset. It smells amazing. I tried searching for it online but could not find it so I was wondering if it was a fake?

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

My favorite perfume of all times. I wore it from 1993 until 1999 almost daily. And daily it awakened me, made me sumptuosly confident, people noticed it, a small spritz was all it took. Alas, I wore it so much, I don't notice it on myself any more. Fresh opening developped into rich flowery (not too sweet) heart and ended with beautiful amber base that lingerd until next day. Great staying power. It is an evening perfume that a confident woman can wear at daytime, in a small dose.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

Fresh fresh fresh and even more fresh .

This scent is legendary because of it's simplicity .

I will always love it !

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

I feel EDT is more chypre from EDP.Full of plum and a lot rose powders.I prefer EDP.Is different.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Classic indeed. Vintage Powdery rose and iris, retro ylang ylang and warm vanilla puts me in the mind of Venice by Yves Rocher or Samsara by Guerlain. It smells as if the release date was 1960, when the quality of perfumes were paramount.

dulcette
dulcette

tried this on today because of all the wonderful reviews here. Yes, it smells pleasant, mature, expensive and feminine, but not something that i'll remember soon after. not exactly for hotter climates.

pass.

dalila7777
dalila7777

wonderful perfume amazing in every thing look like magic any man smell it will love u i love it
eng : Heba ali mahmoud

يبدو كلسحر مدهش مذهل يجعل الرجال مسحورين بك
ومغرمين انى اعشقه حقا
مهندسه هبه على محمود

molliedollie
molliedollie

I can't stand Classique. I don't know why; if you look at the scents I "love," this is right up my street.

But both the EdP and EdT are thickly sweet, and I find it offputting.

Now, I tend to like sweet in my perfumes and I can tolerate it quite well. However, from my perspective, Classique is like a White Russian: just too much of a good thing. You really want to down the whole glass, but there's something about the cream and sweet liquors that's a little nauseating.

Too much vanilla, too much orange blossom, and they never settle down. There's no balance to this scent.

It seemed like a great idea at the time to purchase the EdT, but within a month, I ended up giving it to a friend who wears Classique far better than I can.

daisydelirium
daisydelirium

This was my scent as a young teen, its seductive notes always got me good responses, regular compliments. Its warm vanilla tones its a very sexual smell. I would say its perfect for a romantic date

caseyu
caseyu

never to be worn casually...

unwrittencode
unwrittencode

I find this fragrance very intoxicating ... I love this smell on girls !!!

PLUMPIE

Starts as a sexy powdery creme brulee with tangy honeysuckle but minutes later it becomes metallic nailpolish remover with an intense acetone note. Smells gorgeous on others but not on me.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

it's very in your face. not in an offensive way though. i won't wear it anymore but there was a time 10-15 years ago that i wouldn't go anywhere without it. for younger girls to try definitely.

fishmerised
fishmerised

Sorry to all the fans but I strongly dislike this frag. It smells fake, like someone was trying to hard to project an image.

Batey2008
Batey2008

Sexy, sex, and more sexy sex! Men live this on a woman! Smells like paco. Very similar musky rose vanilla combo! Rather dated now.

VixMuffin
VixMuffin

Brilliant perfume, just lovely. Will love forever.

SkylerRay
SkylerRay

I really like this perfume, somthing to wear on a spring evening out for a meal, this perfume is a little heavy which is good in a way because that way you don't need to much of it, it's classy and one of those perfumes that can tie a whole outfit together, more for ages 20 - 42 I would say ^.^

Whit
Whit

To me, this one of those "boom-chicky-wow-wow" frags. LOL I was clicking around on here and got to reading about this frag. I became curious to try it. Now, I had seen and walked past this frag probably a thousand times in the department stores, which sadly, no longer carry it. I never thought about trying it and while I always thought the bottles were cool and funky, I assumed none of them would ever appeal to me, so I chose to ignore, and walk on past. Boy, what the H was I thinking?! This is so sexy, warm, spicy, and yet cuddly too. My kind of frag! Even the hubby liked it, saying "Wow! That smells sexy, hon!" This frag reminds me of fall; the warmness evokes feelings of cooler temps along with changing leaves. I'm happy I made the purchase and to think I ignored this beauty for so long. I won't be doing that again! From now on, I will definitely be sampling more of Gaultier's frags.

Rhairis
Rhairis

S
E
X
Y

chinna

Spray on paper, I smell a type of jasmine that I dislike. Perhaps in the skin, that nasty fade. I will try to prove

incandescent

Personality: Womanly, bold, provocative, warm, indulgent, romantic.

Age: 25-45

Scent: After a strong opening, the scent settles into a rich and seductive aroma of spiced orange blossom, amber and rose, sweetened with anise and heated by ginger...it's warm, heady, spicy and sweet.

When/Where: Best for evening/night-time in any season, especially fall/winter. Great for romance/dating, formal or semi-formal events, wining and dining, parties. Can be worn in day-time (fall/winter) if applied discretely.

Sillage/Longevity: Strong Sillage (beware! no more than 3 sprays!!), Excellent Longevity (12 hours).

JUST FOR FUN: This is a scent fit for a LEO female, whether by sun sign or ascendant, always strutting her stuff, she who is warm, passionate, magnetic and always dramatic.

Aspendina
Aspendina

this is for the EDP. smells really beautiful but just was alot stronger at first blast, it wears really close to the skin on me. it does smell really familiar to me, I have smelt this on old ladies in florida, I highly doubt it was the same scent as i just can't see this bottle sitting on their dressers but it smells the same so for that reason i could not buy it, but it still is pretty.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Review for EDT
Wow! I stumbled upon this page while surfing Fragrantica. I always knew this perfume existed, but for some reason thought maybe it was just another run- of- the- mill perfume...Well, I read through the reviews and was intrigued to try it. I purchased the EDT..want to try both...and it is gorgeous, sexy, feminine. I love it! And as others have said..one spray of the EDT and you are set!! I am loooooooving this one! The orange blossom and ginger is soooo sexy....Wonderfully created.

queen_jeeves
queen_jeeves

My favourite teacher goes through 100mls of this a year. I respect her taste, and when I'm as awesome as her I'll wear it!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I have to say: I LOVE Gaultier! He is a genius! These perfume bottles are gorgeous - just like that famous bustier he designed for Madonna back in the day. :)

The top notes of "Classique" are very incensey to me. I don't love incense-type smells, but fortunately this scent wears off as soon as it dries. At that point, it turns into the most unique, sexy, lovely vanilla + floral spice! This fragrance should really be called "Sexy Defined"! The ginger blends with the vanilla and musk to create such a sensuous sweet/spicy combination... to me, it smells almost smoky. I would say that there is a sort of "pleasures of the flesh" quality to it... maybe it doesn't sound classy, but it makes me think of the romance of making out with a new guy you really, really like. Lol

I love this scent, and I would recommend it to any sensuous woman... except that I don't want every other girl walking around to smell like me! ;)

CozyCat
CozyCat

Classique EDT:

I've always thought of this as a 'sex-in-a-bottle' perfume, eversince I first smelled it in my late teens (I'm 26 now), no other perfume I've tried could make me feel as sexy and as womanly. I told myself back then that this was going to be the scent I lose my virginity to, my honeymoon scent. To me it smells of seduction and romance in the most dramatic sense, rose petals over satin sheets, lace lingerie and garters (with matching heels ofcourse), a roaring fire-place, lovers cuddling and drinking champagne, a strand of pearls adorning her neck (and tomato red liptick stains adorning his ;), a syrupy laugh as she coyly teases him into submission...oh Classique, brimming with romance, confidence and passion, all dolled up in its womanly decadence!

So I died inside when I saw a bottle of it proudly displayed on my fiancee's mom vanity table. Luckily, it's not a fragrance she wears regularly, so my fiancee did not notice that I was wearing a fragrance his mom owns while we were dating, au contraire, I received compliments, sighs of pleasure and he even buried his nose into my neck to breathe it all in. Still, I felt uncomfortable wearing it after seeing his mom's bottle, so I replaced my EDT with the EDP version (they are only slightly similar, and the EDT is definitely the bolder, spicier one).

Back to reviewing the EDT, this heady, distinctive scent is just almost too delicious for words; it's sweet, spicy, deep, warm and powdery, a 'curves in all the right places' floriental scent (yeah, yeah, like the kitschy bottle lol)...something in the scent is quite reminiscent of beauty products you find on a woman's vanity table, like lipstick, body powder and lotion, but what I mainly get are notes of orange blossom, rose, anise and vanilla floating on a cloud of amber. The ginger contributes to the overall heat factor of the scent, but rather than standing out and becoming a biting presence, it blends itself seamlessly among the other notes, adding richness and warmth.

It's a classic for the sensual and the provocative, an ageless scent for the uber-feminine. Just don't let the strong opening put you off, and for the love of all things fragrant, NEVER ever use this as a casual scent. You need to be dolled up to wear Classique, it requires perfect hair, a made up face and heels...so it's really best saved for the evenings, special events, or on those days you need an extra boost of confidence. Sillage and longevity is amazing, 10 hours on me and it's the kind of scent that could fill a room, so please spray with caution. I myself prefer using this with a light hand so that the scent gracefully emanates from my warm skin with its erotic creamy-spicy-sweetness (no more than 2-3 sprays on me, and a couple sprays sprayed on my clothes the night before), the last thing I'd want to do is assault the noses of anyone who comes within 10 feet of me. Seriously, when oversprayed, this can actually smell bad! Not only cloying, but bad in the sense that you end up smelling dated, vulgar, obnoxious and fake, like an out-of-work aging actress who piles on too much make up and dresses inappropriately.

All in all, I love this stuff, truly one of a kind.

EDIT: Oh TO HELL WITH IT, I NEED this ONE in my collection!! I'm sticking with the EDT! The EDP is lovely, but the EDT? Out of this world fabulous.

tpeacock
tpeacock

I wish I liked this one! The bottle is gorgeous. A very sweet scent and unfortunately, to me at least, not classy. Very distinctive, I can tell immediately if someone nearby is wearing it. And I've yet to meet someone who wears it well.

Beesan
Beesan

once you apply it , it's very bold and can't stand it, but after a few min. it's a Masterpiece, and I kept sniffing my wrist

asd101
asd101

Smelled this at a perfume shop once. It smelled so STRONG and i just couldn't take it. Went back home, and i could still smell it on my wrist, but the smell had transformed into a unique floral and sweet smell. I kept on sniffing it LOL :) so yeah, its definitely one to look out for. I still haven't purchased it, but i can tell when someone's wearing it.

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

I once worked with someone whose Classique arrived ahead of her in a noxious cloud and it put me right off. I considered it a real headache-maker until I got a sample of the shower gel and body lotion and tried them myself.

This is a scent that I can't use in quantity; I have to apply with a gentle touch. I think the juice is quite heavy, while the shower gel and body lotion allow the flowers to come through. I use the shower gel and body lotion, and occasionally I add a drop of the edp on my wrists. More than that takes the beauty out of it for me.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

Since this scent is so complex, it is hard to enjoy if you just spray it directly on your skin. You have to spray it in the air and walk through it. Then you have to give it some time. Then you will say...Hmmmm, what am I wearing? I smell good! I thought this scent was STRONG when I first came across it. I didn't like it at first. But after leaving the mall, I would always go back to the area where I took the fragrance hit. It softened up so nice. You will most likely go through a Clasique craze for a while, which will eventually fade away. But enjoy the moment. This is a perfume that you will hate, then love, then will fade away into a nice memory. Maybe next week I will pull it out of my perfume case and use it again.

platinum_en_vogue@hotmail
platinum_en_vogue@hotmail

An old favorite that won't date as some may. Can still be worn today by any age group, other than teens. It is long lasting on the skin and has a gorgious bottle. If you don't want to be constantly re applying your perfume all day you might like to think of this one.

Lushylori
Lushylori

This one is a very warm,spicy ,creamy soft smelling perfume.
I like this one but its definitely not one of my favorites.
I think that the creamy end smell kinda confused my nose a bit.
I think I would love this much more in a Lotion rather than a perfume but its still nice though,,Just not really me :)
I love the Boobied bottle though LOL

CubanFairyTaleBeauty
CubanFairyTaleBeauty

Loveee this perfume! Very seductive & classy. The staying power is amazing. I always get compliments when I wear it. Money well spent.

PLUMPIE

A gorgeous masterpiece on some wearers, others like myself not so much. Those that have the right chemistry with this one get a lovely deep rose mixed with creme brulee and a tangy sort of bite of tuberose quite similar to the original Giorgio. On me all I get is a burnt toffee with nailpolish remover and chemical smelling vintage face powder.

melitalee
melitalee

I tried this recently 3 sprays. Powdery rose I thought soft and light.I liked it. My husband had no comment so it must be soft as I spray 3 big sprays on me. He would have said something if he smelled it.It has a essence of sheets dried outdoors in the middle with the flowers and amber at end.

Mirlo
Mirlo

This might very well be, along with Narciso Rodríguez for Her, my favourite perfume ever. Incredibly hypnotic. I really have to take off my hat to Monsieur Cavallier for this wonderful creation. What a surprising, sweet, erotic, inciting, charming scent. It's so familiar and classic, it's a perfume you already know that exists before you smell it the first time. You can clearly picture it in a pretty glass atomizer perfume bottle, sitting on a vintage dressing table. But at the same time, it surprises you every time you catch a whiff and you fall in love with it all over again...it has femininity writen all over. I really feel like the owner of that vintage dressing table when I put it on. I feel like I get hold of a timeless sensuality, and it has nothing to do with the ads since I loved it before knowing its brand. Beautiful, powdery, voluptuous, softly floral, musky, incredibly sensual, delicate-but-intense, delicious. The flowers give it a wonderful touch but they are used with caution, so it's not obnoxious although it doesn't go unnoticed. It has a slightly citric scent at first, and then the lovely musk settles on your skin. The vanilla makes everything powdery and creamy. So, so classy and womanly. You just can't go wrong with it, but I prefer to use it for special evenings only. I do spray my wrist for my own personal delight every now and then :)
The boyfriend doesn't like it much, and I basically told him that he better get used to it soon, cause I'm not giving it up!

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Classique is perfumey, almost like an expensive hairspray to me. On my skin, orange blossom and anise stand out the most. I don't smell vanilla. I was anticipating something special with Classique, and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. The drydown surprisingly reminded me of Avon's Rare Gold, (which I don't use anymore because I find it too sweet and cloying) - maybe because they share orange blossom, amber and ylang notes. But Classique most prominent note for me was the anise, and perhaps that's why I didn't care for it (I like it in bread, cakes and cookies, but not in perfume).

eskizil
eskizil

it s timeless parfume . its sweety and notes combines is perfect other sweety parfumes comes to market after this parfume..
and also long-lasting, realy successfull parfume for me.

alexanna7
alexanna7

jean paul gaultier is a sexy,modern,sensual perfume! I love the pear in this one! I do smell it! I love the mix of the rose-orchid-plum! The orange flower last throught the all fragrance! The vanilla mixed with those fruits and flowers makes a perfect sensual dry down. I smell a small amount of the amber and the anis...it's one of my favorites,since 96!

movs
movs

I remember this fantastic fragrance (the EDT) being the signature scent of my friend in the late 90's. Now my friend has moved to another part of the country and I don't even know if she uses this perfume anymore. Anyway I decided that I now had the chance to make this unique perfume part of my collection.

The scent is still just as intoxicating as I remember. JPG Classic is a sexy, modern and at the same time classy scent in a vintage kind of way.
A sweet and creamy floral spiced with ginger, anise and plum. Unfortunately this perfume (EDP) develops a harsh and loud acetone note if you use too many sprays and especially in contact with fabrics. I have never detected this note on my friend. I even tested the perfume in a shop, just to check if my frangrance was bad, but it was exactely the same. I also tested the EDT where the acetone note was weaker, more like bad breath, but still there. So my advice is to use it with care.
Both EDP and EDT has great sillage and longevity

JPG Classique is an almost provocative scent for the selfconfident woman. The scent is really unique and is great for both day and night, so it would make a perfect signature scent and other people will remember it. I really adore this perfume

In 3 words: UNIQUE - MODERN - INTOXICATING

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

I once had a sample of this one. It's original, there's no other like this one. It's heavy and sweet but when used in small amounts it's great. Great for evenings out.

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

This is feminine, sexy, and classic as the name suggests.

It makes me think of soft skin, warm thighs, and the line of a women's body from the nape of her neck... to the curve of her backside.

It starts off with orange blossom & orange with a hint of anise, and a soft rose. I could swear there is some jasmine in there, slightly dirty (this wouldn't be sexy if it wasn't a little dirty ;)...

next you get a powdery iris, dry ginger root, and a very soft floral note from the ylang ylang & orchid.

The vanilla is NOT gourmand at all, it is earthy and slightly oily. The amber is warm and the musk is soft and seductive.

This is my go to sent for day or night, year round...

it is sexy but discreet enough to be a versatile fragrance. aka someone can get a whiff of what you have on just enough to know you smell good, but can only truly appreciate how sexy it is when they are up close and personal...

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

This BAD for me from start to finish. I was looking forward to trying another anise perfume as I LOVE my Lolita, but this just smelled funky. Not offensive, but funky. That's the best description I can give. It is complex, which I appreciate. But I didn't feel pretty or sexy or sweet wearing it. I just felt funky, not in a "let's have a party kind of way," but in a "I hope you can't smell me or if you can please know this was an experiment" kind of way.

You should try it because it is a perfume that people seem to have strong opinions about:) And maybe it will smell good on you!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I think this is so well balanced and I'm starting to love it. I have a small sample to try it out for a week, and I don't know how the edt differs from the edp. I smell the rose, anise, and amber base. I can definitely tell why it's a classic now and has stood the test of time. The bottle is as interesting as ever.

Lee79
Lee79

I smelled this today. Good thing I sprayed this on a paper because when I smelled it, i instantly got a mild headache. It doesn't smell bad, but this will def be headache heaven for me. I smelled the Anise at the beginning and the Orange Blossom. It was pretty strong. Don't know about the dry down cause obviously it was on paper and I threw it out. But it was ok for me. Wouldn't wear it.

Maeva
Maeva

I was at a perfume store the other day and overheard a strange conversation between two friends about Classique. The reason why one of them loved it was exactly the same reason why the other friend absolutely hated it: it made them both feel “dirty and cheap” (how ironic, considering the price of a bottle…). This fragrance seems to trigger extremely passionate reactions that I don’t fully understand, as much as I like it. Apparently, it inspires either seduction or repulsion. In fact Classique seems to be more a phenomenon than a scent, and a true ode to artifice and sophistication. No doubt Gaultier’s intention was to create a very sensual concoction, and he projected to show through it the fun in this sensuality being as unnatural and artificial as a corset, apart from the fact that it lacks in depth and has a rather flat development, which adds to this feeling of artificiality.

Overwhelmingly voluptuous, Classique envelops you in an aura of torrid sensuality. It’s so conspicuously sexy that it may even strike you as exaggerated, maybe burlesque, and this was very noticeable in its first marketing campaigns. When I first smelled it, it reminded me of makeup, hairspray, acetone, artificial beauty. I liked to find the mention here that Gaultier actually wanted the smell of nail polish remover to be noticeable in the frag. Indeed this is about seduction through strident appeals to our senses, certainly not the seduction of warm love we could find in Annick Goutal Songes, for example, but rather a more physiological seduction through synthetic pheromones! Classique virtually amounts to an aphrodisiac, judging by some people’s reactions to it. As many of you have said, it’s definitely designed for a woman who wishes to be noticed, to cause some kind of shock, even if her fragrance smells as synthetic as the fabrics she’s wearing.

After all Classique isn’t indebted to avant-garde designer Elsa Schiaparelli’s fragrance Shocking for nothing. Both ES and JPG relied on the shock factor to market their scents, though I think Classique isn’t really as “shocking” as Schiaparelli’s 1937 creation, which both JPG’s bottle and box “emulate”. Shocking and Classique were not designed for the same type of consumer when they were launched, though. Classique’s can packaging in fact reminds us of the rules of mass production, and indeed massive sales had to be guaranteed, so in 1993 Classique had to differ from Schiaparelli’s bolder venture in its degree of “shockingness”, for Shocking was a heavier, more animalic scent, more akin to surrealism -which Elsa sympathized with-, emphasizing artifice and our irrational side, whereas Classique is sexy but above all lovely and endearing, especially in its sweet, vanillic drydown. Madonna’s connection to JPG doesn’t surprise me. One could say they share the same philosophy: pretend you’re revolutionary while you are selling millions of copies of your products worldwide.

I don’t know if this was the intention beyond the name, but Classique seems to be a distortion of what distinguished classic perfume used to be or is. But anyway, doesn’t it tell us more about the nature of perfume than, say, more conventional modern classics like Dolce & Gabbana The One or Estée Lauder Pleasures? Isn’t perfume about the quest for artificially sensual olfactory beauty, after all?

Heaven in bottle.
This is so juicy, sweet, classy, oriental, perfect, sexy, feminine, long lasting, easy to wear but still special, not overpriced, beautiful packaging, ... Everything is great about this perfume. Perhaps the one little negative thing is that it is too popular. I smell it everywhere.

Smells very very similar to Poeme, Lancome. Also one of my faves.

la tailleuse
la tailleuse

This is my all time favorite, I wore it daily for years, now a days I only wear it when I go out.
I've found that it is not so suitable for an ordinary day.
It's a very strong sensual, warm, sweet and mystical scent.. recognizable from thousands!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I love JPG for men, so I tought I would love for woman too, I was RIGHT, I love this fragrance, although I prefer the EDP, but this one is awsome as well, I wouldn´t mind to have both, they´re price is very high don´t know why!? Yes it´s gorgeous I Know, but seriously do you need to ask so much for this?! And also, it has so many versions, that I was going to order online,but it only shows the cans(boxes) and it´s so confusion.. Well anyway, I don´t think I´ll buy this,at least anytime soon, since I already have manys in the front-line lool..
TOP Sillage and Longetivy..

Thandar
Thandar

I was dying to buy it and I couldn't find it anywhere but I found it at last.It smells really spicy,perfect for date and is head turning perfume.I love JPG perfumes and they smell great,classic,expensive and feminine.I also have 'ClassiqueX' and 'Madame eau fraiche'.I love both of them but Classique is my favorite perfume of all time.

adajetisha
adajetisha

This scent is full of character. It's bold and sensual; definitely not something one can just wear on an everyday basis. It's more of a special occasion type of scent. It's that scent that would go particularly well when you feel on top of everything. Something reminiscent of a strong, confident, powerful and sexy woman.

Silage, projection and longevity are pretty good, but average when compared to Jean Paul Gaultier Ma Dame EDP.

One can never go wrong with Jean Paul Gaultier fragrances.

Migalex
Migalex

I love this one. I would swear this has got tuberose but it is not listed amongst the notes. Am I the only one who smells tuberose in here? To me that is what it smells of, tuberose and vanilla (sweet tuberose). Seems to be very similar to Oscar (that is the scent which pops up to my mind when I smell or think of Classique), but very noticeably citric in the opening and much vanilla sweeter from the base. The texture is different, though, Oscar is much harsher (from the Myhrr), and much more powdery. To me Oscar is above. I find Classique also, although less, similar to Poeme. Although basically the same mixture, Poéme has a fresh feel which Classique does not, and to me makes it more special. I usually really like classique's sweetness, but sometimes I find it too sweet. Oscar seems to be better balanced, the contrast between tuberose fullness and myhrr harshness giving it balance and sophistication. This one is nevertheless a very nice perfume, to me one of the best scents out there, and also quite powerful, and with very good silage and lasting power. The EdP is quite different and classique X and classique l'eau d'été are even more citric in the opening. I like this one (the original EDT) better.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

This isn't classic at all. It's modern, it's daring, it's overpowering. Sexy and strong, for a woman who knows what she wants.

Some people may say that there is too much of everything in this perfume. And they are so right. And I think it's wonderful.
Usually I find perfumes lack something. Sometimes the earthy thing, sometimes freshness, floral notes, sweetness, fruityness, creamyness etc. This, this has it ALL. And it's all so well balanced.
It's a real "ful" fragrance. It's present. You can't ignore it. People will either love it or hate it, they WILL have an opninion about it. So I guess it takes some courage to wear it.
But if you do wear it (and love it) you can take on the world.

Edit: I've been wearing CLASSIQUE for a day or two now and I must say: the name is apt. I know I said this fragrance isn't classic at all, and I still think it isn't. But the feeling it evokes is one of an old mansion, decadent luxury. Kingsize beds with silk sheets, huge fireplaces, heavy mahogany chairs covered with plush, thick leatherbound books and aged whiskey. So yes, very classic indeed.

fath1ma
fath1ma

I had this one at senior high school, my only perfume because I didn't have a big attention about perfumes that time... So 1 perfume was enough till it had spent then bought another different one. I still remember that my friends asked me what perfume that waft from distances from me. Of course it so much special scent :)
I know someday I will buy this one again, because I still love it.. I has a sexy scent to me. lol.

shirlee.beggs
shirlee.beggs

I smelt this perfume on a walk by maybe 10 years ago and had to ask the girl what it was. Perfumes need to hit me and this one did, it was beautiful it still is. It would be my signature scent as every layer peels back something lovely.

virga
virga

Classique EDT was my signature fragrance between 2005 and 2007. Then it smelled so feminine and seductive, I felt very confident wearing if. Some years have passed and I decided to buy Classique again. Don’t know if it was reformulated, o maybe my body chemistry has changed, but besides familiar notes of vanilla, powder, white flowers and ginger I detect a nail polish remover or maybe same hairspray product. This note, which never goes away completely, gives artificial feeling and is quite irritating. I checked some reviews and found out, that nail polisher was a part of the concept. Now when I think about JPG fragrances – they all share this feeling of artificial, this drag queen vibe just like JPG clothes. It's not a bad thing, actually it's quite appealing like corsets, super high heals and stuff, but I can’t wear it anymore – it’s too much, too girly for me.

sofababe
sofababe

This is not what I expected at all from the bottle and the advertising. I expected something overpowering, dirty and in your face but what I got was soft but strong, floral, and really very lovely. Its sexy, and lasts all day and all night.
The orange blossom is the predominant note here but where real orange blossom is delicate, in Classique its strong and powerful, and absolutely delightful.
Classique is definitely a classic for me now, I'm getting a back-up bottle. Classic and classy. Far classier than the bottle or the advertising would lead you to believe. A stunning fragrance!

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This one is nice and I want the EDT.....the first sample I tried was the perfume. Then I went to the mall and spritzed on the EDT....for me the EDT is softer and more oowdery. I kind of smell lipstick and makeup and sweet scents. It's so different. It reminds me if being dressed up and going to the theater with the lights shining down and the makeup and colors. That's what he had in mind and that's what I thought of before I read that. It's great. I think this is one to wear when u look your sharpest.

I tried the EDP first. The original EDT just isn't as nice. I love the star anise in the opening, but it doesn't last long at all. I keep trying to smell this perfume for the perfume itself, but for some reason I can't stop thinking about watered down Opium. But I think watered down Opium would still smell richer and sweeter. The other thing that comes to mind is some kind of harsh room spray. The way I'm describing this perfume, you'd think I hated it. I don't! I actually do like it a lot, but I'd never purchase it because too many of these other things run through my mind, and I wouldn't want that to happen with any perfume I own.

stacyrenee
stacyrenee

To me this is a dry, warm and comfy scent. It smells clean and dirty at the same time, which is weird. It is subtly floral, with a hint of something tropical peeking out from underneath. Soft warm sheets that have been slept in. I like it, but that dirty note is annoying & distracts from the pleasantness. The drydown is more pleasant and powdery, less dirty. Only lasts about 2 hours on my skin.

sweetness10
sweetness10

I sampled the EDT on my wrist today. Initially when I tried it I thought it smelled like a bit of an "elderly lady" scent and it seemed too overpowering for my sensitive nose, but as it developed on my skin I completely changed my mind. Now I really like it a lot and would wear it again in the evening or in fall or winter. The bottle matches the perfume perfectly! When I smell this I have a vision of a vintage burlesque star performer in her stunning corset on stage mesmerizing her audience. It's quite sexy and sensual and long-lasting. I'd describe it as a bit of a smokey floral with a very slight powder quality. It's definitely a sophisticated modern classic. It's a real contradiction because it seems really vintage but it also seems really modern when I smell it, which is very hard to explain. There's no mistaking this is an expensive, sophisticated scent.

melaniemountjoy
melaniemountjoy

Not my usual taste, however recieved it as Christmas gift from my sister in law last year and love it. A very bold and sensual scent. Extremely durable, 2 spritz in the morning and I can still smell it at the end of the day. A great confidence boosting perfume for women who know what they want.

Decodawn
Decodawn

A beautiful fragrance, very strong and noticeable from a distance, so only a few spritz needed, jasmine,iris, rose, ginger, a classy ladylike fragrance, very expensive £60.00

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I was hoping to get a ton of vanilla in this but unfortunately not! It was a light blend of orange blossom and anise, with a background of rose and soft creamy ylang ylang. It gets more powdery as it dries down.I didn't love it but I do love the way it wears - delicately - like it's just gracing your skin, rather than coating it. This to me is the best way for a fragrance to be.Quite feminine too.

doodoowap
doodoowap

I received many compliments from men when wearing this perfume but it didn't convince myself. It's easy to seduce and feel sexy with that on your skin but in any case it wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe too strong for me, so I gave it away.

ingrideco
ingrideco

This sure turn heads. Sillage is great.
If you´re looking for something to seduce, that´s the one

scentsuelle
scentsuelle

Too many women have this and sadly, they all seem to wear it in vast quantities, cheapening the scent. I used to love this and wear it a lot (literally, oooops...) but that was when I had my hair bleached blonde and I craved more attention than I do now. If worn in moderation, this is a lovely scent though, über-feminine, sweet and it lasts forever.

tomerits
tomerits

one of the best ever.makes me turn my head and follow the person who wears it.amazing,well done mister Cavallier.
my rank 5/5.

Asztrid
Asztrid

I tried a perfume shop and enchanted by JPG Classique. I looked and rose colored glass on the pink laces Classique EDP. A glass of orange laces smooth the Classique EDT. Each of the two components of the others.

Classique EDP ingredients: Rum Essence, Rose Essence, Vanilla Orchid, Daffodil, Bourbon Vanilla, Sweet Amber, Sandalwood Absolute, Tonka Bean, Amber.

Classique EDT ingredients: Orange Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Italian Mandarin, Star Aniseed, Orchid, Iris, Ylang-Ylang, Indian Ginger, Soft Vanilla, Woody Amber. Now which one to love?

pickledprose
pickledprose

I hope I've learned my lesson on blind buys after this one. Never again! It is sweet, overpowering, and cloying. Everything I don't want in a perfume and more. I was hoping it would wear off or I would get used to the smell after an hour but it stuck with me. I couldn't escape the smell after nearly 6 hours. I finally had to take a shower. Star anise wrecks my olfactory system giving me the most intense headaches I've ever experienced. I had an idea that it was the star anise when I tried Lolita Lempicka but I wasn't quite sure. Classique helped me confirm it, so I guess for that I'm grateful. Still realing with shame and guilt of the blind buy. What a let down and just a terrible experience altogether. Definitely the worst scent in my wardrobe right now and the worst I've ever smelled.

SPHINX
SPHINX

I use to love it when I was younger, but now I can't stand it. Its way too strong and spicy and it its pretentious and overindulgent. I am not a fan of any of the JPG fragrances. Too much of everything in them.

Bold. Extravaganzia. Supersexy. heavy partyscent. One spritz makes you feel fantaboulous all day or night. 2 spritzes - this one will be a roomkiller, overwhelming and heavy. Less is more when it comes to Classique. This is a beautiful scent for the woman who loves to be noticed. A great stayingpower on my skin, about 6-7 hours, very good for an Eau de Toilette.

Vågad. Extravagant. Supersexig. Tung partydoft! En sprejning får dig att känna dig superkvinnlig hela dagen/natten, 2 sprejningar gör denna till en rumsdödare, tung och kvalmig. Lite är mycket när det gäller Classique. En doft för kvinnan som är van att vara medelpunkten. Sitter otroligt bra på huden, ca 6-7 timmar. Väldigt bra för en Eau de Toilette.

Annelien1987

Such a sexy awesome perfume. It's oriental and classy at the same time. I had it a couple of years ago and gave it away because I wore it when I went through a difficult period and it reminded me of that, couldn't wear it anymore. A couple of weeks ago I bought an yves rocher showergel and it smelled just like Classique... so since than it's on the wishlist again!

krmarich

A game changer for the 1990s, l'Enfant Terrible launched this distinctive floriental for "gen X-ers". I detected it everywhere in the day. The entire composition was creative and the bottle shocking. Oddly I found everything strangely familiar, like a half remembered dream.

Its hard to describe. The flankers were basically a relauch of Classique. After the dust settled, the memory lingers...where have all of the years gone? I have to get out my Bjork record.

This fragrance is hard to describe because it's an unusual mix of notes. It's classified as an oriental floral here but I don't think it falls neatly into that category. The orange blossom is the most noticeable of the floral notes. The floral compositon is tempered by the addition of the anise, and a touch of ginger. This fragrance smells a bit soapy but not in the usual sense. I find this fragrance hard to categorize because it has qualities that are both cool and warm, fresh and creamy, soft yet strong. I guess that's what makes it a work of art. And the bottle is fantastic.

sablebombe
sablebombe

I bought this when it first came out and was overpowered with everyone wearing it! Last Saturday I bought some Serge Luten, Annick Goutal and Elie Saab and was given loads of samples and two of those were this! I sprayed thinking oh bored not niche not what I want not what I like - bored!

HOW WRONG I WAS ha! This is classique ...... a beautiful, beautiful fragrance! Maybe I have become a perfume snob (if it's not niche it's not there!) or maybe when I wore this before way to many others were wearing the same and it just sat along with the rest numbing my olfactory senses? Who really knows!

I got the rose the peach, the orange blossom the vanilla - a powdery tincture in essence and I just love it - I can still smell this 24 hours later on my hand where I sprayed it .... so very faintly .... even after bathing - I am going out to get another bottle of this and I will wear it because it really is divine!

It seriously sucks to be a perfume snob I think!!!!!

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

I think it is truly sexy and feminine. Love the powdery drydown. I never get tired with it! (The male version is sooo sexy on men) The bottle is different and very creative.

Sassy1
Sassy1

After wearing Cerruti 1881 yesterday and admiring it's radiant rosiness but wishing it was a little sweeter, I found my Classique sample.

Got to say, this is sweet powdery cloud perfection and just what I was looking for in cooler weather.

Nothing gourmand or overly cloying, just a lovely floral with orange and licorice.

Actually, this must have been the inspiration for L'Instant as it smells almost identical to Classique.
But where L'Instant is obnoxious and overbearing, Classique is ladylike and demure.

I plan to add this beauty to my "big bottle" list right away.

Magnifique!

akats
akats

It is unique and unforgetable. I loved it although is was not my type of fragrances. The only thing I could not stand, was that I was smelling it everywhere, on everywoman the decate of 90's. It was a smash hit in Greece.

RavynG

ok smelling the dry down now--I am getting the vanilla-cigar-amber. puts me in mind of Marlene Dietrich sitting on a piano, swinging her legs as she puffs a cigar in some underground Paris club...

RavynG

wow. I can trust my nose! My husband found a bottle of this in an unclaimed "lost" bin when he worked for EA. It had no box and no label but he liked the bottle (! of course he did!) and he brought it home to me. I never even tried it for a couple of years. So today i decided to Google it and see if I could identify it--I put in "corset perfume bottle" thinking that I would describe the scent as "classic", definitely "french", and somewhat "vintage" (reminded me of my grandmother's favorite Avon "Cotillion" which to me was heavy on the roses and orange blossom and powdery). Bingo! It came up immediately! And everything I thought it was is said right here in the comments! I like it. Sort of a nostalgic scent for me, even though I do not think I have ever smelled it before. I would put it in the same category as ET's White Diamonds--except I don't like WDs and this is classier. It puts me in mind of Paris in the 1920's. The bad girls, not the good ones.

Pari88
Pari88

Very powdery, but it is a strong scent. Very french. There is not much depth to this perfume, it pretty much stays the same from initial spray to drydown, which is a good thing in a way, because it doesnt play tricks on you. :-) There are little hints of ylang ylang and vanilla. Throw in the anise and that is probably what makes it smell powdery. Very french. Very vintage smell. It can be a little cloying so spray with a light hand or you might end up smelling like talcum powder.
Overall very Marie Antoinette. Royalty! :-) enjoy
For a cheaper alternative, try Al-Rehab Nebras

megank4

This is my favorite of the JPG perfumes. I like it much better than the Eau de Parfum. I just wish it would stay in the freshly sprayed top notes phase a lot longer. Very distinctive. My husband calls it the "marshmallow perfume" and it is one of his favorites on me.

jazmam
jazmam

at first spray this smells like a overly musky rose, or an ''old lady scent'', but wait! The drydown it turns into a scrumption valilla very soft amber rose.... very wearable.

My teenage niece hated this when she first sprayed, sayed it reminded her of grandma...lol

but in about 15 minutes later she was smitten with this juice and of course the bottle is fantastic. Lasting power very good

Would recccommend :)

Insolent
Insolent

This was very interesting when it was first launched in the mid 90s and I used to sneakily wear this as my mother had it on her dressing table but to me now it has this note of Fairy Liquid and honey running throught it as well as the more pleasant fizziness and floral notes. I find it cloying, overpowering, and dated and you always know someone at a party will be wearing this.

Passionflower
Passionflower

When this fragrance first came out I hated it, probably because it seemed too spicey at the time. Now, after a couple of years of really getting into perfumes and learning to appreciate different scents for different reasons and different moods, I finally bought Classique. And I love it! It's a very warm, luxurious feminine fragrance. A very special different kind of fragrance, it's heavy but not overpowering, it's distinctive and not like any other floral. Its staying power is excellent and everytime I smell it on myself I love it. I feel it's a bit too special for everyday wear, but because I love it so much, I'll still wear it anytime I feel like it, no matter what time of day or occasion. All the layers in it smell wonderful, Classique never becomes dull or plain. It's a shame I've been without it for such a long time! Needless to say the bottle's a classic design by now as well.

missymary
missymary

Well, I can't make out what any of the notes are, and I could not describe the smell to anyone, but it's the only modern perfume that I would say has a strong character as unique and iconic as a Guerlain or a Chanel. The mojo is deeply mature, racy sexiness. I can imagine Lauren Bacall wearing it,in a slinky dress with her naughty slanty eyes fixed on Bogey. It's got something of the devil-woman in it, but it's warm and sultry too. Very alluring and tantalising, for a mistress not a wife. The tin and the bottle are freaky but it's all part of a unique experience. Wonderful stuff!

feline_amour
feline_amour

I really looove this scent...classic powdery perfume...first time i test this perfume at a retail department store nearby...i fell in love instantly, sexy but classy..i will buy it after i finish my recent perfume...

burcu76
burcu76

i bought this a week ago. in the store it smelled nice. but after 2 days of using, it gave me headache. sadly beacause it wasn't a cheap perfume. i have this problem all the time. it is very heavy, it reminds me of russian soap that my aunts and grandmother used. but there is something very sharp in it. but if the heavyness goes away it leaves a warm scent. but i can't hold it that long.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I love this scent. I always get compliments when i wear this fragrance. I have de edt its lighter than de edp to me. I spray once a day and by the end off the day i still smell it around me. It makes me feel confidend en feminine.This is my third bottle that should say enough about this fragrance.

Elise1214
Elise1214

I hate that I have not had this fragrance in years, because I truly do love it! It is sexy, sophisticated, unique, long-lasting, and sultry, all-in-one.

There is not another fragrance that I can say smells like this one-- it is very unique.

Anup
Anup

I've smelled this a few times at my local boutique and wasn't that impressed. At first i thought the orchid was very acrid and dry, granted, the start of this is slightly orchid heavy, but, when it dries down it becomes beautifully whipped into the classical sweet accords. When i first gave this wonderful creation a second chance was with Momma Perfumista. She sprayed it in the air and gave me her signature "isn't that nice?", to which i happily agreed. I then went out and bought a bottle of this (.67oz) at Wallyworld for a slick 17.99. This is very reminiscent of lolita lempika premier parfum(EDP). Overall extremely impressive and worthy to be the lady counterpart to the best selling "Le Male".

The top:

Smooth, moist dry accords of Star anice, orange blossom and rose captivate the first couple minuets of this composition. The offset that the pear accord creates battles the star anise perfectly, holding it back and allowing rose and orange blossom to frolic freely. Pear's moist sweetness compliments the accords of rose and orange blossom quite impressively, creating a sort of "warm autumn evening" olfactory. For my nose, oranges aren't necessarily present and even when i dig for them all i am able to attain is a slight whiff of a "citrus zest" note.

The heart:

These accords in my opinion are what give this fragrance it's "classical" qualities. Possessing similarities, smell wise, to the plethora of different women's fragrances of times passed. In the middle we are invited into a mildy toned down dusty orchid accord, which, as i stated before is present throughout.
After making my way through that slightly unpleasant note i am able to smell a plum very similar to the plum found in Poison by Dior.
Ylang-Ylang is compliments perfectly by the juicy savory plum also found in this fragrance. Ginger and Orris are strange in this composition, and in my opinion, are there to be a sort of "faux" aldehyde type accord.

The base:

Standard but NOT generic by any means. I don't think JPG wanted this to be more complex than it already was.
There is a very smooth vanilla/musk asserting this fragrances sweetness with hints of resinous amber and a "perhaps" of sandalwood?

I approve

Smell: 9
Longevity: 10
Sillage 9.5

KaseyC
KaseyC

this one, like its name, is classic! very romantic and dreamy. actually somewhat too strong for me, now i just sprayed on my wrist and smelled after 5mins, it smells like... a luxurious soap. very intense, deep and feminine. better for night occasions. :)

megank4

This took me a long time to like, but then I wore it non-stop. I prefer the opening to the drydown, right when it is first sprayed.
I prefer the EDT to the EDP as well. The summer fragrance I buy every year and use as a hair scent.

bubblem3
bubblem3

Es sorprendente la diferencia entre este y el EDP!
Personalmente me gusta mas el perfume:)
Aunque este podria usarse en verano y es mas ponible, el otro lo siento mas para ocasiones especiales pero no importa los dos huelen divino ♥

Mandana
Mandana

Peachy orangey ginger notes mingle together nicely on my skin, loved the opening notes to death! I used up my bottle soon at the time. This was a favourite years ago, almost every woman wanted this fragrance! I dislike the taste of ginger yet the ginger note is tingly LOL and is truly a perfect match with the orange/peachy note, amazing! Trésor has a lot of peach/orange notes yet mixed with vanilla it just does not work on my skin. Yet with Jean Paul Gaultier's fragrance, the same peachy notes with some vanilla but with spicy ginger and aniseed seemed to work very well with my skin chemistry. I found this to be a lovely multi-facetted sweet and original modern scent, I can imagine it suiting a young independent and creative woman working in a busy advertising agency or Art Gallery! The spicy/creamy peach drydown was long-lasting and feminine on my skin.... The bottle is absolutely wonderful of course, so creative. A true classic in every sense, merci bien, Monsieur Gaultier!

suzyk
suzyk

Perfume icon – timeless, sexy , elegant and confident. Must have for vanilla lovers :)

SimplyGolden
SimplyGolden

It's a Beautiful, long lasting fragrance. It makes me feel so alive and sexy. A hint of Vanilla and an intoxicating cigar scent. It's very playful and bold.
I get complements on it all day!

salihah
salihah

this actually smells really nice at first its very musky then the smell changes and it lasts for ages love it

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

edp = Back to front Jekyll & Hyde

It starts with Hyde. You spray this and it is the same crushed flower & petal marinated in alcohol frag and as a man not sexy whatsover..

But hold on, several hours later....

It is fresh, breezy, subtle with character - Jekyll - Like it, hmmmmmmm, sexy and makes me want to smell more

It fumugates your entire bedroom for days after application and I can see why many women adore this

Masterpiece

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

This perfume became very popular in 2000. It brings me a lot of good, pretty good memories.

The guy next door used to wait for me every morning, said hello, smelled my perfume and jump into his car for driving office waving good bye, the same ritual for almost a year until he was convinced enough to buy this perfume to his girlfriend. hahaha. Gosh.

elderflowers
elderflowers

Zola's antiheroine Nana would wear this day and night. Her idolatrous bed, surrounded by sleazy gilt cherubs, would brand the scent into anyone who lay in it: equal parts vanillin and cost-effective neroli, with a powder-ginger base, and brief whiff of acetone to get you in the mood. Classique smells like a woman dolled up to the nines, a woman who loves cosmetics and is a virtuoso with them, using her face as a canvas. I have to vote it a complete success, in terms of what Gaultier set out to achieve. I can also understand why it might be the weapon of choice for drag queens and cross-dressers. Because of the intended effect, I can't criticise it for smelling 'synthetic' – it's a luscious hymn to the power of feminine artifice. If you like the smell of Bourjois cosmetics, Classique will be great for you.

I admire yet cannot wear this; I can take severe chypres, rough patchouli, and all-round weirdness, but I could never become Nana. But I appreciate what it's aiming at. It hasn't been surpassed, and when I smelled D&G's The One, I thought it was feminine artifice for little girls. The first is still the best.

Landstad
Landstad

It is perfect. I have very pretty girlfriend, use it every day. Smells very nice, best on night and winter, cus strong. Good longevity. I like it best.

I'm 7 and half years.

flowersandcandy
flowersandcandy

very nice perfume,edgy and pleasant at the same time,but i would not wear it because it reminds me of the early 90's perfumes and it's a bit too old school for me :D

Sourneli
Sourneli

It is lovely parfum, I like when I smell the tester, but I do not like it when I wear it. I bought it, opened and tried but I disliked it on me and gave it away.

Awatef
Awatef

This is a strong business woman perfume ,if u want a lady yet confident and classy feel this is the happing scent
Well shaped neat and sharp cutting Dazzling WOman

madhatter1
madhatter1

I liked it in the 90's and the packaging concept, but to be honest it didnt last in my chemistry and I recall it wasnt exactly a cheap scent to purchase.Thats great it works for others.

Dexisse
Dexisse

My mum bought this last five years ago and still has it. sometimes, i would spray it when i go to school.
it smells like plums to me! sweet-sour plum. in a sexy kinda way. hehe.

miahreis
miahreis

I wanted to like this one, especially since it was in such a pretty bottle, and so many rave reviews on here, but I smelled it at dillards and to me, it came off as a very strong, cheap hotel room smell. I like the JPG X better. This one is def not for me

PS
Okay, so it's been a year or so and I tried it again and OMG I LOVE IT! The thing is though is the dry down smells just like Poeme on me and I already have Poeme so I probably wouldn't endeavor to buy this one

Louw
Louw

I remember when this first came out and everyone seemed to be crazy about it. I loved it too and wore it all the time for a while. Even now, it's a fragrance you smell on lots of women (as Sirena says in her review) so it's not one to choose if you like to stand out from the crowd.

When it came out, it was different and distinctive but although it's still a lovely fragrance,there have been many better ones launched in the years since 1993 and now this one seems just...ordinary.

It's quite bright and sparkly with top notes of rose and something else floral which I guess is the orange blossom. It then rounds out to a vanilla base with a hint of amber and becomes much more gentle. It has great staying power in the EDT and EDP, I found and of course that gorgeous bottle!

whiten
whiten

when it came out I was a toddler:D and I remember the bottle, the first perfume I remember probably. I mean it was a woman shaped bottle!!:D I think it was a really creative idea. edp or edt I can't decide between them, both lovely in their own way. one day I want it/(probably both of them) on my shelf.

amber832
amber832

This is a great fall/winter fragrence. I loved smelling this on myself! It is VERY long lasting which is a must for me :) The scent starts off spicy and develops into a powdery smell. It is very unique and sexy, not a simple perfume at all! A great signature scent!

aelias
aelias

I finally bought this after going back and forth on whether I really needed this...I'm very happy I did. Some of the comments are rather unfavorable about its composition, but Classique is pretty timeless - and it is better than the parfum.

maryco036
maryco036

When I tried this I wasn't sure I liked it. It had a spicy oceanic smell to it. It wasn't overtly spicy, just enough to mute the saltiness of the oceanic smell. I was not a super fan at first, but then it won me over in the dry down. It turns into a warm, creamy vanilla that I just wanted to keep smelling and cuddle up with. I will probably pick this fragrance up and use it as my comfort smell.

huiyt
huiyt

I don't know if I tried the EdP or the EdT... (Sad, but at least I thought I should mention it.) I think it's ok, smells “classic,” nothing I find particular about it, but it smells good on me. I wouldn't buy it, though.

Siv55
Siv55

There is indeed something classic about this. When I smelled it, I thought I had smelled it before. It seemed familiar somehow. It is quite strong and very feminine. It's quite similar to Cerruti 1881 but with all the dials turned up to eleven. Partly so successful due to the bottle and the packaging; it makes a great gift, who wouldn't want this on their dressing table?

Not for me though. So feminine it makes me feel like I'm in drag.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

One very light mist, and Classique is a beautifully unique ylang-ylang, pear and ginger based oriental.

Anything more and Classique becomes suitable only when wearing a corset on the outside by a sexy, affable woman full of p*ss and vinegar!

Edgy and loud, I pick up the lipstick note on opening that JazzBirdSinger is talking about, I think attributable to the combination of plum, rose and ylang-ylang.

Generous amounts of anise and ginger in combination with citrus open up the receptors of my vascular system, making it throb with this wildly infiltrating concoction and almost inducing a headache. However, I think any perfume can have this effect if applied too liberally. You just have to familiarize yourself with its character so you can then decide how you want to wear it. That said, Classique has a LOT of character!

The culmination is sizzling with rosey, sweet, hot flesh, and perhaps even a little salty.

Classique carries a retro vibe with a sharp avante-garde punch. Daring and provocative, this is definitely signature worthy for someone, just not for me.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

i have a vintage eau de toilette of this and this is like a parfum!
geez louise...i can't even imagine how this could get more concentrated than the toilette...this is heavy duty juice.
def 90's powerhouse vibe to this.
spicy opulent powdery rose, "lipstick" note and an overly ripe orange....
avons rare gold is like this but he orange blossom is the star instead of rose.
classique turns more into vanilla pudding on the drydown.
the bottle is off the charts retro chic kitschy cool!!!
im a jazz singer and wore this during a winter/snowy night...
between this huge scent and the smoke, i felt like i was back in the 30's....
as a general rule of pleasure, i like to spray myself a few times with a perfume--
the obligatory wrists, between the breasts and behind the neck.
not with this juice! one spray young lady and off you go!

Niunia
Niunia

It's new for me, but I really like it :) It's perfect for spring-summer, spicy, but not heavy like my other fumes . I think it's a very "happy" and "young" frag. I like it with my black biker boots and T-shirt :) It's interesting.
It's sweet, but not overpowering. Never was a fan of florals but this one is gonna stay with me for a long time :)
First time I heard complements about the way I smell from my husband and guys at work wearing Classique :)

mediterranean
mediterranean

This one has always been to me the uglier twin sister of Lancome Poeme.They are very similar, but once you try Poeme you forget this one quickly. As Poeme´s body lotion and shower gel are getting to difficult to get I use jean paul gaultier´s and then I spray just a little bit of Poeme on top. Beautiful!

Miffymuffin
Miffymuffin

This is another one I wanted to try after reading the reviews. Again bought two samples off eBay to try before I bought a big bottle. I love it. Its lovely. Spicy and sensual at first then setteling down to a ginger/vanilla waft. Not a strong perfume, a just there classy scent. I will be purchasing a full size bottle.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Far, far better than I expected, this EdP starts out as a rich oriental, not too sweet, with notes like moist pipe tobacco, flowers, tonka/vanilla and amber. The rum accord gives it a little bit of a boozy kick. I do believe there’s also sandalwood in the base! Perfect!

The flowers are always subtle, never obnoxious, just enough to give a sweetish edge to the other components. The sillage is moderate even with the tiny, cautious dab that I applied. This is one amazingly yummy fragrance, and I’m completely blown away that anything this good could come in such a silly-looking bottle. I have read that the EdT, which I haven’t tried, is a completely different scent. I think the EdP is going on my FB list.

MissH
MissH

An unmistakable scent! Every time I catch a whiff on someone else, I feel the need to give them a smile. I can't help but wonder, if it does for them what it does for me.

When first launched, I was drawn to the amusing yet alluring bottle. Its seductive, come hither invitation, blurred every other perfume in site & I've been hooked ever since.

The sexiest perfume I own,a true aphrodisiac! Seductive spicy vanilla,warm amber,invigorating ginger with a delightful sweetness. Its potion like quality, fit for casting spells.

Air of Mystery

Hmmm..The notes list for the superfiltrate of scents which immediately hits the nose before yielding to the amalgam combo complex is interesting. Hard to find such an antique anciens. Unique. I fell in love as soon as I noticed this. A gay friend bought it and I fell in love with him. This is SoooOO compelling, you feel like a lovesick skunk, hot on the trails of your chosen one, hungry for the hit of a politely fashioned acquiescence. The scent of maraschino cherries on a bed of flambeed panna cotta. For yummy mummys!

!!
!!

I've been wearing this on and off for years - I try other perfumes but always come back to this one.

It settles on my skin like vanilla and cigarette smoke, and reminds me of long summer nights. Very few perfumes last as long on my skin as this does.

malia
malia

Jean-Paul Gaultier is never boring, his couture nor his fragrances. This one is becoming a legend already. The scent is feminine, seductive, playful, winking to you and others ;-) Loving it!!!
Thank god i didn't begin to collect all those editions with different body-bottles, what i really wanted to do. I would be broke by now haha.

andrada2003
andrada2003

Got it as a Valentine's day present from myself.I meant it to be my present for my husband tonight and I think I did it...
First spritz was sooooo sweet I thought "Oh my God, I feel like a pot of honey". It almost turned my stomach on. But, 15 minutes later...magic happened. No honey anymore, just a creamy-musk-amber smell, I never had any perfume to smell so good on me.Very strong, though.My husband said it reminds him about something (guess Joop Le Bain I lost last month), but it's gorgeous.
Quite interesting, honey it's not on the list, but it did smell like pure honey at first.
One of my best blind buys ever. Love it.

lavender1
lavender1

This is THE fragrance for me. Absolutely love it and always go back to it after a break or different perfume. With musk, vanilla, ylang-ylang, pear, orchid etc it is reassuring, warm, sexy, yet not overpowering like some can be with a similar blend. Both men and women love it, has great lasting power. My 'signature' scent and an old friend x

jolielady
jolielady

This is a very sultry Parisian perfume, pity about the naked lady bottle, OK its suggests womanliness but it also looks like those shop manikins when they are undressed! And what is that tin all about!!?? But the vibe I get from the perfume is a sophisticated French woman dressing up in her boudoir.

It's not loud at all but its definitely a warm strongly sexy aroma, so I don't feel comfortable wearing it around the office or for shopping.It's quite pervasive but not instantly recognisable like Poison or Angel,so you wear it rather than it wearing you, which is very nice. I like it and it's one I always use up to the last drop.

Perhaps this is simply a case of inflated expectations induced by the provocative packaging, but Jean-Paul Gaultier CLASSIQUE just seems to me like another synthetic, slightly sweet woody oriental among a dozen others. I do smell sandalwood--or facsimile--though it is not listed among the notes, and the composition really seems so familiar and even banal that I'd never consider buying it--except perhaps for the bottle.

As CLASSIQUE dries down, it becomes vaguely annoying to wear. I feel that a headache lies just on the horizon, and if I were to apply any more of this liquid, it could really ruin my day. But I won't, so it won't. Désolée.

***
Update: I did not apply more, but I have a headache and feel vaguely ill anyway. Nail in the coffin: my cat is now hiding from me. Vraiment désolée.

sbkoch
sbkoch

A very very distinctive scent, strong - this one is not polite. It is fascinating, sweet, and unique; don't wear this in the office, this is a fragrance for nights.

Grown-up scent for a confident woman. My beautiful, strong aunt was wearing this when I grew up, and I really really want a bottle!!

mjb28
mjb28

Jean Paul Classique is a beautiful sultry fragrance, sweet and spicy. The soft and audacious rose on a velvety bed of vanilla and amber wood gives that ultra feminine and sensual smell. It is a fresh vanilla sort of fragrance that blends in with your skin and It is rich and well blended and almost never fails to generate compliments. It has a very long lasting sexy scent. This perfume is perfectly wearable and I love to put it on even before I go to bed. With its refreshing scent and eye catching bottle, you can't lose! Very seductive bottle and scent! This is one of the best perfume ever made! Timeless, classic and always superb!

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

So orangy at first that it should be told oriental fruity floral!
Dusty and smokey at the begining, it does have the "classic character".
So long lasting on clothes, it gives you a romantic sense!
I don't find it sweet or girly as others have already mention, it is more like a "lady like" perfume.
Maybe not yet a woman, not anymore a girl.
As the time passes it gets more creamy and smooth on my skin which makes it a daytime perfume for cold weather.
No way a summer scent, especially in Greece!
A feminine and seductive juice that really suits the beautiful bottle!

LaPetite
LaPetite

It has become a classical , but it was SO innovative when it was launched, not only because of the bottle shape and the tin box , i mean , a TIN BOX to contain such a costy perfume only Jean Paul Gaultier coulf dare such a thing (the Dalimix re used this funny packaging few years after ), also the compostion was.
It's still very noticeable and deserve its popularity.

i just received a spray sample of this today, and i loved it at first spray. it went on a little antiseptic at first but that quickly disappeared. it turned into such an alluring scent. i can't stop smelling my wrist. i'm not big on heavy orientals and this is not that. it dries into a lovely flowery powder and very sexy. this sample will not last long, i'm going to need the full bottle.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Powdery, classy, exclusively elegant. Like rolling on rose leaves in slow motion. Makes my shoulders drop down to the level of my knees. My head thrown back I let my gaze dwell upon the ceiling and smile. This work of art is so moving I can't withstand it.

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

The lasting power is great,this is one of the strongest and long lasting parfumes I ever used.But unfortunately I like this scent only in the dry down.First hours when I put it on my skin it smell too strong and makes me sick,I try to used it a cuple of times but just can`t stand it.Maybe if it was little light version of this,would be great for me,but not now.I don`t think that it smells like pure sex or even erotic,I can`t see any of that in this scent.My boyfriend also don`t like it,he sais that this smell is very old fashion and I think he is right.

ojosverdes

There is a marked difference between the EDP and the EDT. I have the EDP and it's quite strong and assertive with lots of vanilla almost like vanilla syrup. The EDT I have only tried once briefly. It had more citrus notes at the beginning and some berry notes, it reminded me a bit of hot couture. It certainly peaked my interest. I think is more wearable than the EDP. Will try again for sure!

zecheiroso

Top ****
Heart ****
Base ****
Final score ****

Not sure whether I tried the EDT or the EDP but anyway.

The good
Very solid scent all around, I can't find many flaws in it. Actually, other than the fact I see it as the women Le Male (therefore of rather low versatility) it's good in every way, and yet not fantastic.
The drydown is quite similar to the "male version" and it fits much better, gotta love sweet and powdery on women.

The bad
Same with Le Male, it's got a synthetic vibe despite the high quality ingredients.
A bit too loud for work, a bit too sweet for summer.

The ugly
It can be headache inducing and cloying just like other JPGs.

I actually like it despite it being a floral, no small feat.

Sissi
Sissi

Sexy scent in a God-awful bottle but a
big warning to all of who wants to purchase the E.D.P apply on small doses
because this is an siliage monster J.P.G
in almost of his perfumes his motif is his
signature sinuous curvy female torso like
he's paying homage to the John Singer Sargent once scandalous portrait Madame X Like the portrait Classique is bold
sexy and Shocking.

It opens with Tuberose almost in a tradition of amarige but classique is
creamier muskier and amberish drydown
which is pervasive and the main basis
for this is scent the only thing that is
standing in the way into becoming a masterpiece is the tacky flacon and the
cloyish aspect of the scent, for a while
to does to get overwhelming and and gives headaches but way better then the other J.P.G Creation Ma dame that smells
like dish soap so Jean Paul Gaultier
is a flawed genius.

greenfaerie38
greenfaerie38

I originally just bought a small bottle of this on ebay because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about (okay, and I love the bottle). I wasn't really expecting to like it, since the reviews made it sound too brash for me. And yet, I've absolutely fallen in love! To me, this perfume is femininity without the woman. It is an enhancement of a strong, graceful, and beautiful woman's scent. Since I have barely any sense of smell (perfumes are one of the few things I can smell at all), few perfumes actually stir up memories for me. Classique is exceptional in that regard.

Classique reminds me of a dressing room just before a performance. This might sound like a criticism, but as a dancer I mean this in the best way possible. As you walk into the room, the smell of aerosol hairspray hits you and mingles with the light scent of stage makeup. Then you smell the powdery resin from the ballerina's shoes and even the sweet, warm 'glow' of dancers warming up. And later, as the show ends and the dancers go home, the smell of the old hardwood floors remains.

Needless to say, I will need to buy a larger bottle of this soon.

FruitDiet
FruitDiet

The first perfume I bought for myself, strangely enough, is one that I rarely wear. Right as I was getting into perfume I was also heavily exploring the career of Jean Paul Gaultier and found that he was linked to practically everything that I love: Madonna, Almodovar, Peter Greenaway. I loved the brilliant, Fassbinder-esque commercials for his perfumes- particularly the one with the sailor that turns out to be a woman- and eagerly anticipated the day I'd have enough money to buy them. I thought the baked bean can packaging brilliant and loved the homage paid to Schiaparelli Shocking, which I'd known about long before I got into perfume. So, when I got enough money, I purchased the refillable Classique EDT in the cone-bra corset similar to Madonna's Blond Ambition "Like A Virgin" one. I played with it like I played with my sister's Barbies as a little boy. Yes, I bought it entirely for the bottle and packaging and was completely satisfied with my purchase. Eventually I bought all the other Gaultiers for the same reason.

Classique is a strange beast. I wear it perhaps once a month out of curiosity, to see if my opinion of it has changed. I'm never entirely comfortable or happy when wearing it, but I do find it to be continually intriguing. It's unbelievably shrill and artificial, but I've always believed this to be the point and it's completely in keeping with Gaultier's aesthetic. His cone bras and dresses for men were never EASY TO LOOK AT per se, so his perfume shouldn't necessarily be EASY TO ENJOY. It is hyper-feminine to the point of parody, but its sweetness turns sour and has an aspartame-like quality. There is nothing natural about it except for the fleeting early impression of ginger- it's contains all the accoutrements of femininity without the woman- the hairspray, nail varnish (as Gaultier proudly announced upon its release), and face powder. It begins as cloying, artificial fruit and flowers and dries down to a bizarre (one BN reviewer described it as "mottled milk") vanilla musk. It doesn't necessarily smell good but it is compelling.

I often like to spray perfume on my armpits in lieu of wearing deodorant, often achieving pleasantly dirty results. It works well with the animalic perfumes I generally wear- KOUROS, BAL A VERSAILLES, etc.- but with Gaultier my armpits literally smelled- and this is disgusting- of Doritos. The Cool Ranch flavor, specifically. I've learned my lesson and now know that Gaultier must be worn with a reasonable deodorant to avoid this effect.

I find it silly that a perfume this experimental and strange only gets one star in THE GUIDE. Turin and Sanchez just seem prejudiced against all Gaultier perfumes...I'm happy that they liked the brilliant MA DAME, though- easily the most wearable Gaultier this side of LE MALE, and probably a better masculine than LE MALE as well. I also like that the entire Gaultier line has a definite unity about it- all have an abrasive, toxic waste chemical spill effect that is perfectly in keeping with the tin cans they come in.

greenrunner4
greenrunner4

I really tried to like this one....alas I do not. It is sharp (ginger?)at first and smells "old" to me then dries down to a powdery sweet vanilla which I just can't bring myself to love. Must be the chemistry!

guest_curious
guest_curious

Has this been reformulated? Recently I received two bottles from two different places. One from Europe and the other from Asia. The latter one seemed to have produced a bit earlier and the colour of the fume has somewhat a darker nuance. They smell different too. The European one (if I may so call it)is lighter and I get the soapy, powerdery feeling almost from the first stage of development, whilst the Asian one has got more of a slight rubber or plastic feel to it. Is this a result of reformulation or the one has simply aged longer in the bottle, or what?? Does anyone know?

icansmell
icansmell

I love this perfume. It's everything a perfume should be and more. You can smell the orangle blossom and orange mandarin then you get the ginger and a hit of vanilla at the end. Really sexy yet subtle, sharp but sweet, and, to top it all off, anyone from the age of 12 up, can pull this fragrance off, if used properly.

Mr.Gaultier, I salute you, dude. Awesome perfume.

adele l
adele l

Orange doesn't agree with my skin, but once I ride the opening out it's very nice. The powdery iris takes over and then it dries down to that vanilla cigar scent. I probably won't be getting a FB, but it doesn't smell like everything else out there which is certainly a plus.

kylexora
kylexora

Dear crakky, I'm sorry to hear you Classique is ruined. The tips to keep a perfume last for decades is keep it at cold, out of heat, dark place. A wardrobe is perfect place to keep it. I keep my perfume that I bought 10 years ago and it still smell good. However, it depend on brand too. Chanel, Gucci and Dior is on top of my list.

ineverwas
ineverwas

Jean Paul Gaultier himself described his first fragrance like this:

“One part dusty loose powder, like my grandmother wore - think it was old Coty; one part that smell you get when you are sitting in the front row of the theater - for me, I think of going to The Chatelet when I was 12, and the curtain goes up, and the hot lights are on the costumes, wigs and sets, and you breathe it all in. And, just to be modern, one part nail polish remover!”

I completely agree with his interpretation - it does smell incredibly powdery and very vintage, very sexual in a somewhat old-fashioned, pin-up model way. The fragrance is sensuous, seductive, dramatic, theatrical in a way - it smells like nothing I've tried before. The soapy impression it gives is tempered by the oriental, somewhat darker undertone that comes to complement and enhance the composition to make it daring and provocative, yet still classy and posh.

Classique perfectly evokes the high-class, well-bred woman that likes to give in to the physical pleasures from time to time and is not afraid to fully explore her sexuality. She is powerful and smart and she does not fear the erotic, passionate side of her.

bliss
bliss

I have tried this perfume many times when I walk through fragrance depts. I LOVE it, AFTER it dries down. Somewhere along the way I get the smell of a rum or vanilla flavoured cigar. That is the part I don't like. It lasts for a good hour but once it's gone I'm back to loving it again. I'm trying to decide if it's something I can live with or not. I just wish that hour of tobacco wasn't there because the dry down is so soft and feminine and seductive, just gorgeous.

annabolina
annabolina

If the colour of the juice is different (darker)or it smells different - it must be spoiled.
Normally 2-max.3 years does not count for a perfume. But it depends on the notes. Citrus scents or light flowers go wrong earlier. The oriental notes and spices have a bit more longevity.
Keep it in dark, cool place. Light (specially sun!) can ruin the whole stuff.... Not mentioning the air! Do not open it! Decanted scents spoile early!

Anyway. I used to have this frag. and I didn't like it. It was tooooo strong for my taste in a "grownup" way, and I was just a nice young girl. I should give it a try again.

crakky
crakky

Hello everybody! As a perfume collector, i have this beautiful masterpiece from Jean Paul Gaultier...but the sad part is that i have this fragrance since 2005 (i guess)...so i really don't know if it is good anymore...anyway...how many years can you keep a perfume? Please answer...:D (thanks)

fumine
fumine

Heard some great things about this classy perfume, so I tried it today...with unfortunate results. Maybe it's just my skin, but this fragrance smells just like soap. I'm disappointed, I was expecting this to have a little personality besides the sweetness.

idressyou
idressyou

This was a total surprise to me! I got a mini of the pure perfume in a lot purchased mainly for the other bottles, but ended up loving this the most.

I've avoided the line on the assumption that the the perfumes would never live up to the cuteness of the bottles. Well, shame on me for such an ignorant assumption... this is just plain lovely! There's no telling how many wonderful things I've missed out on because of such lame assumptions.

This particular JPG reminds me of something from SIP, though I can't for the life of me call up which one (anyone?). Spicy, slighty licorice-y, ylang-ylang & rose, dark plum & orange zest, with the teensiest bit of smooth powder (the Iris and amber comingling?), and lots of what smells like Madagascar or Mexican vanilla (it has that super rich almost chocolatey tinge that only Madagascar & Mexican vanillas have). The vanilla & powder seem to become more noticable once the initial bang dries down, but aside from that, it doesn't go through many changes on my skin, just fades gently over time. This is fine by me, since I love the perfume as a whole mix, and actually prefer it to remain this way throughout the wear.
Very well blended, but the notes are still perceivable if I concentrate on each individually. Good sillage, but staying power leaves a little to be desired... only lasted around 3-4 hours on me in pure perfume form, but my skin usually eats fragrances up. I may buy a bottle of the lotion to layer and get a little more mileage. Will be tracking down a full sized bottle once this is used up, for sure... and seeking out samples from the rest of the line, as well.

Oh, how I do love a happy accident!

Yamba1
Yamba1

Just got hold of an orginal sample of Classique (can it be called vintage?)
Instantly recognisable, I am reminded of countless women passing me in corridors and lifts. I never knew it was so universally worn! Still, I can understand the mass popularity. This is a warm, inviting and very feminine fragrance. Strong, but not sickly. Romantic but not too obvious. Spicy but well balanced with vanilla. Well worth a purchase!

swedeangel
swedeangel

Oh how i love it! its a very classic,and classy scent - very well made!
Its soft and gentle,sweet but not much,its a peachy powdery rosebud!
The rose,and the orangeblossom is what stands out on me - and that together gives this peachy tone on my skin.

Catbiscuit

My last review must have been written during a full moon or after a run-in with a rotten sample. I retried this fragrance today in an EDT out of sheer curiousity and I am ready to fill my tummy with humble pie.

I find it to be a powdery, soft, unique and well crafted. Very pretty & grown up indeed. I don't find this kind of scent sexy on my skin as it has no wood nuances however I can see this fragrance flirting with the idea of seduction. And sometimes the anticipation of further invitation is really the best part!

Having said that, it is a wee bit too subtle for my current tastes but I would not be displeased to receive a bottle as a gift.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I'm not a girl who can wear well perfumes released before the middle of 1990s or so. But Classique by JPG is really an exception, How amazing!!!

I ran into Classque at the perfume counter in a mall months ago, tempted by the hot bottles (looks like a women's nude shape, a couple of bottles displayed there, including this original one, the EDP, and many of limited editions or variations, all in sexy "corset"s) I picked up this original one and tested it on my wrist. To be honest I didn't give much expectation at the beginning, I just hang around the mall then.

I sniffed my wrist from time to time during shopping, and was gradually aware the fact that this one is something I love: it smells so hot, so sexy (not in a wild way but in a graceful way). Even the powdery feeling of dry-down is in a beautiful classical fashion, not old-fashioned at all. Though powdery is usually not my thing, I can say this one is completely different!!!

A full bottle is now right on my dresser and I'm soooooo glad I have it. It's Masterpiece! Now, the more I wear it, the more notes I can identify, I love the delicious pear in the opening, the lovely orchid and ylang ylang mixed in the heart, and the slight vinilla in the base, all cozy!!

Wonderful discovery for myself. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Awesome fragrance!

Impressive, complex and seductive.

Most of all I feel the orange blossom note, the orchid note and the ginger note in this fragrance on the mandarin note, the ylang-ylang note, the vanilla note and the amber note background. The rose note and the iris note are also noticeable.

I would describe this fragrance this way: warm, sweet, spicy, soapy (but not powdery), a little bit sour and strong.

I like the way how sweet and warm combination of the vanilla note, the amber note and the ylang-ylang note almost hide the star anise sourness. Also the amber note doesn't let the iris note make this fragrance powdery. But I feel the noticeable soapiness, maybe because of combination of the orchid note and the orange blossom note. Besides, I like that the ginger note spiciness is quiet acceptable in this fragrance. Actually, for me it's more hard to stand the ylang-ylang note strength than the ginger spiciness in it. And definitely the rose note makes all this beauty more charming.

This fragrance is really very noticeable even because it is strong enough and smells sweet. Also it's very long-lasting.

I really like Classique a lot. It's definitely one of my favorite fragrances.

Catbiscuit

The bottle is amazing. I wish it had something else in it!

To me this scent was simply a cheap, brassy, common 80s perfume. I remember wearing nasty stuff like this as a kid who didn't know that lots of olfactory volume didn't mean sophistication & appeal.

Manya
Manya

The ultimate feminine fragrance!

It is an ode to the sophisticated women of all times and civilisations. The women who painted their skin, the women who combed and perfumed their hair, the women who went through a hell of a lot of effort to end up looking effortlessly beautiful.

In a nutshell- this scent is about as natural as a bright red lipstick!

An out-of-time scent combining bitter anise, powdery iris, exotic orchid and creamy vanilla which will demand an attitude to go with the fragrance. Not for the timid and the tame!

About the previous comment : hmm, I don't smell any tobacco. Maybe the person wearing it was a smoker?
It is true that this fragrance is quite strong, I'd still wear it to the restaurant though, *especially* on a date! I'd just spray it sparingly and on strategic places ;)

P.S. I have no idea whether the formula has changed in the past 10 years, but my ten year old bottle is quite different from the one I tested today in a store... The "new" one seemed sweeter with a more pronounced vanilla and less ginger and anise.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Classique would be a PERFECT "signature scent" for a woman who desires to be noticed, appreciated and demands a presence. It is SEX in a bottle. This is a raw enigmatic scent that draws men to you and makes other women jealous. I have never had the reactions I normally do with fragrance other than when I wear this perfume out at night. My husband and his friend actually were involved in a bit of a bar fight one evening when a man pulled me aside and boldly said that " I smelled so good he wanted to eat me." This is bold, sensual and smells a tad like perspiration or whatever female pheromones smell like that make guys tongues wag. I apologize if this is blunt or offensive, but it is the truth in my opinion and you should be forewarned that this scent causes an uproar. I now only wear this at home, for my darling husband of 20 years on special evenings alone. I have never tried the other JPG scents, but would like to test them out someday.

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

PShank27
PShank27

The EDT has a weird opening that almost smells like bug spray, but when it settles down it smells delicious, warm, and sexy - very musky and vanilla. It is long-lasting, but I think it might be too overpowering to wear for everyday use. It is also very sweet and has the potential to make me nauseous. The EDP is too rosy-powdery for me.

I consider this as one of the masterpieces from Cavallier.
It is a wonderful creation, beautiful ingredients and unbelievable sillage. It is one of the most sexy perfumes ever made. I have this fragrance for decades now and it stayes one of the most sexy ones. It will drive men crazy too! It stayes with you for hours and hours.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I have to fight the urge to wash it off at first. The drydown is very syrupy, vanilla-ey and cheap smelling on me. I can't make out the floral notes. I think it's too sweet and boring to win me over. I won't go looking for more.

sirena
sirena

I dont use this anymore since everybody seemed to have it for a while in Europe and it became too massive for my taste. But I lived in Latin America 15 years ago (soon after it was launched) when I arrived and for the next five years this was not for sale there and you cannot imagine the compliments I got for it. As I said before I dont like people being able to tell me what I am using, but if this was a niche perfume it would be my all time favorite. I think it is the sexiest, unique and one of the most powerfull fragances that you can find and I totally recommend it if not everyone in your town uses it allready, as unfortunately happens in Madrid.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

still in love with this and my husband tells it s the most seductive scent i have. this is regordnized everywhere by the first catched hint... nothing more to tell, it s all said about before.

kittymoon
kittymoon

This is sweet, succulent, honey, rose, vanilla, childhood, warm water, bubblegum, sex, comforting but too much of all this.

selinum28
selinum28

This perfume is like a natural colored well-cut dress rather than one of those so enthusiastically done, cared, detailed and pampered by the outstanding genius of JP: a woman dressed with the same colour of her skin and showing her curves.

Soph007
Soph007

I ended up receiving this perfume as a gift after a friend of mine was wearing it. It certainly caught my attention and pretty much everyone in the room. I do agree it is quite strong but that is probably a good thing if you were to go out and night and not have to worry about constantly re-spraying yourself. I love the smell, I think it's so different from anything I've ever smelt before and it certainly wasn't the sort of perfume I'd be into but now I'm hook. I'm almost finished my first bottle and will certainly get another one!

Nicole79
Nicole79

Now that i tested Classic, i'm more than sure that i felt this perfume before. It is indeed very unique and strong....
It's the kind of fragrance that I could find quite" disturbing" after a while, love - hate scent!!!
It doesn't smell "old", it is bold in a modern - retro way.
. It is not easy to weare thou...u need to be in the "right mood " for it !!!
A must try...
Update ............
Now that i test EDP also , i can say that EDT is way more powerfull, long lasting and intresting than EDP ...which is much more powdery , sweet and less strong !
There are both nice , but i prefere the EDT :)
***
Also..i agree it may smell like a floral-soap , but i like that soapy note , a touch of old fashion smell in a "Classique " way ;)

lialu
lialu

Lovely, for some time. After a few hours it sadly goes a bit stale/sour on my skin. Love it on others, better in cold weather on me. Another scent that you can't mistake. Like THAT, and of course the bottle. :-) Gaultier is cool. I come back to JPG now and then.

ananda
ananda

At first I was delighted with the sparkling, almost electric notes of mandarin and star anise. Good. As it developed, it started resembling Thierry Mugler Alien, in all of its floral exuberance. Ok, I was still kind of liking it. But wait, there's still more to come... It blooms and blossoms and it grows, and blooms and blossoms and grows and each second there's a little bit more of everything and it just doesn't stop growing! Goodness!... Classique becomes so overpoweringly floral, you can barely smell anything else.

I was horrified, since I'm easily attacked by headaches with strong florals. I was expecting something not SO loud and not SO gaudy! You know, the bottle is quite beautiful and the name "Classique" naturally evokes elegance, refinement, discreet sexyness... The truth is, this perfume can easily become vulgar if worn improperly.

All I could think about was scrubbing it off, but I decided to see how far it would go. However, the day went by, and Classique was still all over me, so i had to wash it. And that was because I sprayed it one single time, from a reasonable distance... I just kept wondering "How can that be an EDT?!"

And you know what? I would find it really nice if it weren't SO LOUD in every single tone. I'm sorry because I know so many people love it, and I hate reading bad reviews on the perfumes I like. But this one is the kind of scent for me to appreciate on other people, from a good, good, good distance!

Dark Curls

i decided to wear this out one evening to meet up with a girlfriend for dinner, and I must admit I was bored with it! I loved it at 1st when I ordered a tester bottle unsniffed to try and have it, but that evening it just smelled over-powering, and SWEET. I felt boring in it. :-/ I may wear it again sometime just to see if it was a fluke but idk.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is one I thought I'd like when it came out initially but I've never bought it. The exciting bottle and glamourous advertising are very different from the slightly prim, boring perfume- you may as well buy le jardin or lace

claudia_23
claudia_23

to me is sweet and powdery y smell roses on top and then it becomes to sweet that gives me headache. is a strong perfume with an unique combination but is not my type..... i think this could be suitable on an old fashion cassy dress. is very warm suitable for winter and it has a good lasting power.

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

I do not what disturbs me in this perfume. Something miscalculted with this parfume, I just feel like I ate too much dessert and needed to drink water!
I can't believe, am I the only one who do not adore this!

guest_Chanteusse Noir
guest_Chanteusse Noir

My husband bought me my first bottle of JPG in '93 and it has been my favourite. I get a lot of compliments whenever I wear it. It is one of the few fragrances I don't have to layer. Sweet and sexy:D. Definitely fit for the confident woman who's up for a close encounter:D Merci,JPG!!!

neve
neve

Pure raw femininity, melted, concentrated and enclosed in an appropriate bottle. Amazing stuff. Decadent, old fashioned elegance meet a modern, impudent taste. Perfect and unforgettable from the first to the last note.

narada
narada

SEXY smell . NO. 1 of my perfume . Everytime i spray it people compliment me that i have good smell and classy
: D

Dark Curls

I am head over heels with this fragrance. I am 28 and only now discovering. I had ordered a bottle without ever smelling it, confident it would smell good based on the name, notes, and reviews. It smells sooooo sexy I love it!!! Of course the bottle is an icon. I got the EDP and have no regrets whatsoever!

Malegria

Is there a tuberose in it? I felt a whole bunch of delicious, saucy tuberose with a crispy edge! I think a found a perfect one for me.

Soph
Soph

I want this one so bad! I smelt it once on this friend of mine and I fell in love. Its so sexy and sassy and I could smell my friend a mile away. Its so hard for me to find here in Australia because everywhere I go its sold out!

viveka
viveka

I prefer EdT version than EdP, it's far more "classique" and extravagant than second softer version.
I totally felt in love with Classique one year ago, earlier it was too strong and sensual for me, i couldn't handle it on me. But now yes. I found 100% expression of pure demonic vamp :)
Not for "grey mices", Classique suits powerful, domination woman with sexual attraction, this smell can kill somebody not prepared for its strongness.
I love first burst of orange and intoxicating sensual of base. I also love little touch of retro.
Mmmmm.
Dangerous Power of Seductive.

I revisited this fragrance after a few years. I didn't like it at first because it smelt of rose&alcohol at the beginning and it seemed to me like a perfume my aunt with little taste would wear together with her floral old fashion dresses. I didn't bother to wait for the drydown. I used to smell this one on many women years ago and it bored me like teh usual scent of the moment. I recently got a sample of the original version in EdP and I had to change my mind. Well, I'm older, but Classique doesn't smell old to me anymore. I smell a strong rose and fruits opening, no pear detected as specific note. It quickly fades to a beautiful rich floral with a spicy edge, mostly ginger, it gently tingles my nose. Then the drydown is a beautiful, rich, longlasting vanilla surrounded by flowers and a little sweet amber.
It's strong. Some days it can be too much, but it's nonetheless a very classy and feminine fragrance! It makes you feel like a woman, better worn with a good make-up and feminine clothes.
It's quite an original scent, still it smells more of a timeless strong floral you can't really say it's from '80s or '90s. This is a good sign IMO.
Strange enough the bottle and all the sexy mess around is less appealing than the fragrance itself. I like one of the ad and the bottles are nice, but the juice is the most important and again this is a sign of good quality stuff.

notme
notme

Seductive, sweet, strong, very long stying power, for femmes fatale who can and want to dominate and reduce to silence. It's a really strong scent.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Long time ago, while I was in high school I had a friend smelling different, strong, bold and unusual. That perfume didnt resemble to anything else I have smelled till then, and I could always sense her nearness simply based on scent.

The perfume is JPG Classique, off course.

Nowdays when I have the chance I try it on my skin and search for that memorable scent, significant among others, bold, strong and unusual. And I can`t find it. On me Classique smells rusty, overspicy, edgy and screaming.
But that`s just me.

Classique is imperative and provocative. And it seeks a woman with analogues attitude.

guest_szasz
guest_szasz

This is an utterly boring pear juice sprinkled with cough syrup.

This seductive?-You make me laugh in an ironic way! Mature?-only if you think that drinking pear juice is a mature thing. Feminine? oh dear lord, nooo! it's even bad to use as a perfume for to scent the clothes of a little baby. Cause, afterall, you don't want a baby to smell like sharp cough syrup and pear juice, don't you? There are better and more interesting perfumes even for that!

Does the damn bottle manage to hypnotize you all?

From my point of view, it's utterly boring, cheap and pointless. And the most stuipid pear composition. Maybe they tought that if they'd make a pretty bottle that would appeal the branch of stupid teenage girls, that idolize Madonna (from wich this bottle is inspired),or so, they'd sell it well. Trick works!

MinogueParfums

I just tried the EDP today, and it was sensational!

The first spray smells like a bed of roses, not roses like Kate by Kate Moss, but roses freshly picked from Italy.
The scent becomes this sweet and very sensual scent that really describes a classic perfume that is unforgettable and endless. It must be the vanilla, sweet, glamorous, yet classy.
I don't see why people shouldn't try this, but I know people has different taste. But hear me when I say, if you love all vintage perfumes that has been around for a long time, Classique will last forever!
Thank you Monsieur Gaultier.

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

about 11 years ago i got a box of mini JPG perfumes...i loved the gorgeous little bottles and kept them out on my vanity...i had only smelled 2 or 3 of them and thought they were all very lovely but enjoyed the esthetics of the bottles more...i had them for 3 years before i opened up classique and when i did it was pure olfactory pleasure...i can't remember when i had smelled a perfume so full of life...it's a smell i could imagine lingering on the collar of Catherine Deneuve's Rain coat hanging in her closet...and i love the comparison of chanel#5 that another reviewer wrote on here because to me classique smells exactly like what i had always hoped chanel#5 smelled like but didn't....absolutely a classic.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I have this in edp,the one with flowers on the dress,i prefer the edp because its deeper and kinda softer that suits younger women better.This frag is an alltime masterpiece,timeless and feminin.All you need to feel good and beautiful.I never get tired of this smell..

sevanya
sevanya

I can find words to describe my admiration of this fragrance, it's very special for me. Although it was released in 1993 and can seem to some people "old" it doesn't lose its actuality now. For me it's very special. I prefer EDT.

ArtELLE
ArtELLE

Very nice, mature fragrance. Smells so elegant and classy. And Gautier...he is a great artist. So full of imagination and so daring!

this is such a womanly fragrance, its so sexy and feminine, there is nothing like this elsewhere and i always feel great when i wear it, and the bottle looks so sophisticated in my handbag x its quite a strong smell but it does calm down and it smells just beautiful....its my fave

MoietToi
MoietToi

I already own a bottle of Gaultiers MaDame and I love it so much. So decided to try another Gaultier scent and I decided to try Classique. At first when I sprayed a blast of powdery,rosy sweetness emerged from the bottle. But a few minuets later it became much less sweet and more elegant and classy. I think this scent is a little too mature for me but I would love to wear it once I get older :) .

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

Very unique indeed. Just tried it again after 3 years and now this perfume fits me. It has classe, it has originality, it is really Gaultier.

KasiaS
KasiaS

What I really appreciate in Gaultier is that he is an artist and seems not to forget the value of originality.
Classique is the best example: strong, classy, sexy, appealing and chique, but also a bit uneasy and perverse.
A scent worth a real femme fatale. Makes me somehow think about Marquis de Sade, too :) I love it!

MinogueParfums

I would like to say Happy Birthday to Jean Paul Gaultier today, and I'd like to say thank you for making the best perfume since '93.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This one definitely deserves to have the name Classique. It smells sharp, strong and a bit old fashioned but not 'old'. Today is warm day and sun is cruelly shining I thought I'd be dead in a bus, but as I smelled this on my wrist it was kinda refreshing and nice. At first it's very strong and very soapy on me. Like some classic floral soap. It has huge sillage too. Next it's becoming less soapy, it becomes more ginger with iris accompanied with orchid. This fragrance reminds me (in my fantasy only) of a woman who lives in 1930s and she wears elegant clothes and attends theater (where you can see 'heavy' wood furniture, and all romantic things you can see in old fashioned theaters and operas for example and some flats as well,- ugh, I dream to live in a dark old fashioned flat in old part of capital city :D )This fragrance for me embodies and blends all this thoughts together (I don't know how exactly buildings were in 1930s), but for sure it makes you think of things you think is romantic. The bottle is unique one for sure, but I'm not liking it that much. Lasting power of this fragrance is very good and sillage too is very good.
The dry-down is ambery and a bit dusty and is after some 5 hours.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Ahhh, memories! I bought it as a teenager for the bottle & the edgey, deep & sensual scent...but it never suited my skin. All the elements I loved were there: warm, sexy vanilla, musk & amber, playful rose, orange & pear....& then some inviting others: ginger & star anise. It smelled so decadent on others...but on my skin there was a staleness, almost a hint of bad breathe! I used it all up, but will not buy it again - strictly for others, but what an iconic piece of packaging!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Such a cool, edgy bottle, such a so-so fragrance. "Classique" starts out floral and stuffy... and it stays that way. I noticed very little in the way of development, except that about four hours later, all you can still smell is the vanilla.

luz
luz

Everything is amazing about this perfume: the blend, the trail (sillage). It smells spicy and soapy... the combination between orange blossom, ginger, ylang ylang and vanilla is really nice. The bottle and the name represent perfectly what this scent means.

Lunohodik
Lunohodik

I smelled it for the first time about 10 years ago and ever since its a love-hate story.
I heard it for the first time when my stylist used to have it, I was about 18 and used very light permumes, she was a gorgeous grown up woman, who liked mink coats and glamourous clothes. On her I loved it, it smelled like sunshine to me. Very bright and I think very "summer" scent regardless that its sweet.
I bought it but couldn't wear it at all. So I gave it to my mom, and it became her signature scent ever since. Sometimes I love it sometimes I even hate it, when it seems to stuffy and overly sweet. In general Its a good perfule, but I wish it were more complex though.

Trinity
Trinity

Oh my God! I think I just died and went straight to heaven!

This fragrance (EdP) is gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful, feminine, warm and sexy…..simply glorious! A masterpiece! Got this one today….bought it "unsniffed"…could slap myself now, for not ordering it earlier!!!

JPG Classique is not for young girls…..it is made for women 25 and up because it is serious stuff…..no playing around, rather making the rules and men have to follow…(and I guess they will)! ….hmmm…..I like that! :-) :-) :-)

Definitely a "Must have"!

Yana
Yana

My favourite for a special occasion. I have edt, it's more floral at the beginning and vanila-powdered at the end, very long lasting on me. Love it!

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

absolutely gorgeous!!! i get compliments every time i use it. men seem to be sooooo attracted to it ;)

Spring25
Spring25

I like this one. It is light and strongly powdered, floral and citrusy, relaxing and uplifting all at once. The EDP seemed to have good lasting power on me. I layered it with the body lotion which was nice and light. Good fall scent. The design of the bottle is really cool too. I heard it was a similar to an old classic called Shocking.

krabby
krabby

I love this one. Too bad it gives my sister headaches. I'm just lucky because i'm on my second bottle and i didnt buy none... the former owner hated the scent so she gave them to me. I can't thank her enough:)

snobuni77
snobuni77

This is a very sweet seductive scent.It was also a bit syrupy on my skin.I got a mini of the pure parfume & it does last pretty long. I did also get compliments on it ;)

It isn't a scent I would normally go for as it hasn't any vanilla(that I can smell) & it isn't really spicy or too floral but it works with me really well.The sweetness it contains is unlike any I have come across(thusfar at least)& it makes me feel very feminine & sugar coated.The mandarin & pear are dominant on me & they make me feel like a sugar coated sexy mama =)

Malegria

Dear Montie M, what a marvelous review!It describes the fragrance so well!I tested it in the mall a couple of months ago,admired it for a day...would like o have it in my collection.It is like a key to feeling sexy and liberated.

Montie_M
Montie_M

Are you kidding me? There is no even a single drop of classic (aka old) in it. Truly haute couture, this one is bold, daring, sexy, and definitely ‘eatable’…umm, I mean, when a man sniffs you, big probability is that he wanna eat you straight away. Oh, well, I confess, not all of men, I am dramatizing a li’l bit :-) Back to business, if you feel extremely sexy (or pretend to be), then wear this one, a max of 3 drops will do. More, please harvest complains from your surrounding as this definitely harsh to unprepared victims.
Spraying it once, the top note bursts, giving the exalted feeling of cutting a sweet Californian mandarin orange (like you ever found one anyway) followed by heavy tuberose, jasmine & ylang-ylang. The dry down is vanilla and amber (mixed with a trace of ylang-ylang). Skip the ginger, iris and cinnamon. It never developed. Hint: find the EDP, fresher & fruitier than the EDT.

WardrobeMistress
WardrobeMistress

This really didn't work on me. Far too sickly and sugary. Reminiscent of the bottom of a jar of old fashioned candy. I gave this away, it was that unpleasant to wear.

dutch mickie
dutch mickie

always works on about every man. romantic, feminine, sensual, somewhat innocent but with the tendency towards naughty and sexually willing. so, all the ingredients are there. for myself though I search for a scent with a little more strength and spice. I prefer gaultier2

Sensuos

I finally got my own Classique (EDP)! The only thig I can say is that I simply LOVE IT! I am wearing it for two days and I can fell it constantly, even at night when I go to bed ...!
When I fist spray it I feel the sweetness of the rose, orange blossom and mandarin orange but after it dries down in a couple of minutes I feel I am surrounded by some sweet yet powdery notes of iris, ginger, musk and vanilla (which is not too powerfull) ...
I can only say it is my all times favorite! I love it!

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

This, Coco by Chanel, Paloma, these are such chic fragrances. They are so classic, yet modern, they really apeal to women in all the major cities of the world, and I can only think of the most divine sophisticated women wearing them. Classique is a top all of these fragrances (well Coco is pretty up there as well) because I can remember it from when I was very VERY young on my mother vanity, and sprinkling (or what I thought was sprinkling) it all over and hoping to has some of her appeal rub off on me.

I adore this fragrance, and as par with my usual comment, I do has age appropriations for this fragrance as well: No younger than 25, and employed in someway or another. A woman who wears this must be experienced otherwise she will disappoint.

Ayse
Ayse

I bought this perfume about 4 yrs ago (protected it from the sun). I didnt use it for a long time, recently tried it again and absolutly love it. It smells expensive unlike some perfumes. Its a shame coz my boyfriend still hates it...

sapphire73
sapphire73

One of my favourite all time perfumes. It's feminine, musky and vanilly (if that's a word!) Pure woman!

gyftedgrammy
gyftedgrammy

I cannot say enough good things about this fragrance. A girlfriend gave me this as a gift for my birthday about 8 years ago. Knocked my socks off. It is heady, alluring and addictive. I have to wear strong scents but this one doesn't smack you in the face with it's presence; as a matter of fact, the more of it I apply, the more frequent the compliments. I layer the EDP with the body cream and shower gel. If the words sexy, sassy and irresistible make you uncomfortable, proceed with caution!

Jasper
Jasper

Very warm and sexy. This is the mother of all oriental-floral.(Designer's fragrance, that is.) I understand now why lots of lady outhere can't live without it. Sweet top, almost too sweet for my taste. if you dislike sickly sweet perfume, you can choke before the middle notes appear. After the intoxicating opening, there is the true "Classique" revealed. The oriental floral notes are a work of arts, smells very faminine and elegant. And the dry down....oh so addictive and sensual. Absolute plasure!

Aalia
Aalia

This perfume transforms its potent prescence, into an aura around the wearer.The scent is warm and smooth in a comforting way, and at the same time challenging and a bit forceful. However, The perfume is never obnoxious, it stays with the wearer, close to the skin, providing a second sense of beauty. The floral notes combine well, the top and middle notes have good fixation, and the drydown is not flat or monotone! I would prefer a stronger ginger note, however,that is my personal taste. I think It makes a great gift perfume, but, it is not a 'safe' gift perfume!I firmly disagree with any 'Madonna " references. Again, JPG has created a unique, multi-fasceted scent, of high quality craftmanship.

i have to say that EDP is sensational ¡¡¡ deeply seductive and luxurious. This one, can put on you a delicious sensuous charm :) :) :)

golden
golden

This is a strange one cause i think it depeneds who is wearing it? an italian friend of mine used to wear this and i think it suited her.Soft and classy.On the other hand an older lady , which i smelt it on smelt of cats pee.

azuriiita
azuriiita

Powdery, sweet and sexy :D
Glamorous... To witty and sense of fashion women :D
This scent make think about lounge party :D

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

I smell vanilla, amber, and a powdery finish. It also has a bit of a smokiness to it I would recommend this to people that like warm fragrances, like myself. It's definitely unique, which makes me drawn to this scent. My boyfriend calls this a "better version of Chanel no. 5." (he doesn't like no.5.). I can see where he is coming from with that comment, because it is powdery like no.5., but it has something extra to it, making it really sexy. I'd recommend!

nezzabel
nezzabel

one of favourites!
Definitely sexy, powerful and long lasting!
Perfect for autumn/winter.
It's seductive, classy and makes me feel "in control"!
I just adore it!

guest_lorena
guest_lorena

this is my favorite perfume, its unique, sweet , elegant, romantic,it lasts well on fabrics and on skin of course. I dont use it everyday, only for special occations. I use Carolina Herrera, CH everyday

Sensuos

I must have this one ...
I tried it once and I can't get it out of my "nouse"!
It is feminine, sexy, elegant, powerfull ... delightful!
I feel it a little bit creamy!

Gina76
Gina76

I love Gaultier Classic because it loves me. It is indeed sexy and teasing your sensual senses. The Edt fragrance in combination with the cream on a rainy august evening "face à face" event makes your total aura unresistable.

Marianne
Marianne

I adore this one...especially the top is gorgeous! It makes me feel comfortable and warm...for me a typical winter scent.

argeada
argeada

One of my favorites as well! If a lady wants to be remembered, this is the best signature she should leave behind. I wonder, if I was about to choose one perfume only, would that dirty self-confident smile I have whenever I have this one on me, even for a moment be diminished?

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Believe it or not I like Classique EDP layered with a very small amount of Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme lotion! Yummy. I haven't looked up the actual notes to this EDP, but to me it smells like victorian rose, amber, orchids, vanilla, and maybe carnations on a sandelwood base.?! It definiately has a warm, slightly sweet and very slightly powdery base.

It is what I would call an intimately sexy scent. It lies close to the skin and smells great on fabric. The lasting power is just incredible. Classique EDP lasts well over 11 hours on my skin. When I wear Classique I cannot stop smelling my wrists!

I think nearly every age group could pull Classique off. Tho, I'd imagine Classique on one helluva sexy granny!

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

The name means everything in this perfume. Like the name it's very classique, so french, girly, perfect for a romantic date.

2007
sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

This is one of my favourite fragrance ever. Very seductive and unique.L`eau d`toilette is a bit better than eau de perfume on my skin.Gaultier rules:):

2007

Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.68 out of 5 based on 3535 ratings and 431 user reviews

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Eau De Toilette Spray 20ml 0.67oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau de Toilette Refill 75ml
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Classique
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Summer Eau De Toilette Spray 2014 Edition 100ml 3.4oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Gift Set, 1 set
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Gift Set, 1 set
Gift Set 1.6oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Shower Gel 30ml 1oz 3pcs
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Eau De Toilette Spray Refill 75ml 2.5oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Eau De Toilette Refillable Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Eau De Toilette Refillable Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Classique Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Classique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.