Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Classique Eau de Parfum Jean Paul Gaultier for women

Classique Eau de Parfum Jean Paul Gaultier for women
dislike

I have it: 593 I had it: 197 I want it: 439 My signature: 25

Classique Eau de Parfum Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Eau de Parfum Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique Eau de Parfum Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures

A fragrance that promises pleasures ... brash and sweet, it makes people recognize you with their eyes closed.

Classique is produced in EDT and EDP concentration; it was earlier named JPGaultier Eau de Parfum.

Eau de Parfum (EDP) is made of rose, which seduce in the top notes together with rum essence. Sophisticated vanilla orchid and daffodils rule the heart, while sweet amber, sandalwood absolute, tonka bean and velvety Bourbon vanilla caresses in the base.

The bottles and metal packages also differ for EDT and EDP version. Eau de Toilette, comes in a frosted glass bottle and a silver metal can, while EDP comes in a bottle dressed in a lacy dress and in golden metal packaging.

Jacques Cavallier signs the perfume, designer of the bottle is Saint Gobain, while Jean Paul Gaultier personally designed the boxes.

Classique Eau de Parfum was launched during the 1990's.

tincture of rose Rum

Classique Corset Couture

Classique Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

What a darling perfume. When I smell Classique, I see a sweet, fun woman in her twenties that has a lot of hope and vigour--although that could be a woman of any age. The coquettish Miss Dior Cherie aspires to be this effervescent but instead is a bit more sheepish (cutely so, of course).

The formulation borders on genius simply because, for all of the perfumes marketed at youth, finally, this actually smells like a girl in a leather jacket and hot pink lipstick.

This is not a fruity floral virgin cliche, nor a fruitchouli that lacks savior faire. The baby powder-rum fusion evokes an urbane woman donning heels to see an electro-pop band. From the bottle, Classique is nothing much. But out of the bottle, the rum-amber-tonka gives the vanilla a memorable and distinctive bite. Heavily powdered, sweet but edgy.

The catch: Classique is not sexy or particularly appropriate for work. Classique signals joie de vivre, not corporate conformity. Better for nights out with girls.

Shwets

Update: out of curiousity i tried the edp at Boots today. It is nothing like my one (from a few yrs ago). This has suddently changed it is harsh and weak near to the edt in terms of scent. So disappointing.
Even up to a year ago it smelt better.
The dry down is similar to my bottle but its not that intense. Sigh.

Shwets

I remember in my teens the edt was so divine and the bourbon vanilla was to die for - now its reformulated for the worst i no longer can wear the edt.

The edp has also been reformulated similarly but i can still wear this. The dry down is amazing on my skin compared to the harsh synthetic beginning.
The dry down is a lovely soft balance of sandal, rose, amber and vanilla. No other perfume has this dry down on me. I have had this on the back of my hand for 7 hrs and its still there.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

This is a very seductive, womanly perfume. Actually I always prefer lighter or more woody scents, but I think I use this wisely for "special occasions" like a romantic date. :)

It smells like the EdT but much thicker and creamier. When the EdT is a bit bright and sparkly, this is glamourous and voluptuous: a softly sweet vanilla rum orchid rose with that hint of orange blossom (though it is not listed, I still smell it). ONE SPRITZ IS ENOUGH (if you don't want your lover to die).

Classique EdP is a secret potion, a tribute to a sensual but classy woman without being vulgar. It is perfect, but nothing to wear everyday. It must be worn for a reason and somehow I cannot imagine wearing this without having done my makeup and hair perfectly...

Chiquis
Chiquis

Classique, Classique... I just don't know about her. Sometimes I get a powdery, almost gingery goodness that embraces me like a warm hug, and then other times she's musty like an old gym bag sprayed down with Love's Baby Soft. I've always been curious about what was in that sexy little bottle- yup the curvy woman with the lacy lingerie. So I blind purchased a .68oz bottle from Sephora. I love such a small bottle because it's perfect as a travel size. But I'm not sure about the juice and if or how it fits my style and personality. However, I usually despise powdery fragrances, but I find myself sneaking whiffs of Classique. At least it's a start to some sort of admiration, right??

I'll admit to my like and intrigue of Classique. However, I can safely say that it will never be in my top 5. I can see myself wearing this around the house and during cozy nights in.

I don't get sexiness from Classique, quite a contrast to the bottle's sultry look. It has more of a nice, demure, womanly smell. If the bottle itself had a name it would be something like Scarlett or Ravenna; if the fragrance inside that bottle had a name it would be Caitlin or Emily. Just my opinion of course.

If you like powdery, try this. If you like the most recent version of Dior Addict but think it's a bit too spicy then I believe you would LOVE this.

ForrealMe2

I bought this again for the 3rd time...i just had to have it...it is so wonderful and long lasting...its powdery and sweet with the rum and gardenia..it is so feminine..it projects like a beast and for that i will always have this..you don't want to risk this one only by from department stores i have gotten fakes in this before..

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Tested today in-store, one spray on the hand. Classique starts out very similar in character to Miss Dior's Le Parfum. Classique is feminine, but powerful and very deep, though not terribly dark. As usual, Cavallier has constructed a scent worthy of association with his nose. I am quite impressed by both silage (which is fairly heavy, but not overpowering) and longevity, and the scent itself is both complex and accessible. I really like it, and though Miss Dior EDP (also similar, but lighter than Classique) has been on my wish list for quite some time, I believe this beauty has surpassed it in importance of acquisition. My mother smelled it on me and she's fallen in love as well. Very, very well done.

deviation
deviation

Neither Femme-fatal nor sexy.

This perfume smells like a women who is nurturing as well as who wants to be nurtured. In short it is a smell of the bond between Madonna and a baby.
Shocked? I know I am too.

Long story short: Last year in 2013, I sprayed this perfume and it reminded me of what a strong powerful women would wear. Sweet powdery vanilla was its heart note- a strong one at that. It struck similarities with EDT so I bought this instead! When I used my brand new bottle at home, I detected soapy smell. It stayed soapy, and turned dusty (agree with Diana_drd). Like another reviewer suggested, I resisted applying it on my clothes but it still smelt strange. I got mixed reviews here on the the notes and it puzzled me even more which in turn resisted me from writing my final review.

Fast forward feb 2014, realized the perfume had gone bad and replaced it with a brand new bottle of jpg classique edp. This time the perfume smells entirely different than the store testers. Really I mean it. I know... I know...you might be thinking I have picked up a wrong bottle. No it is this same one! lady with the lace.

you may ask me 'Well then, how does this one smell like?'
here it goes...When I spray, I detect a strong opening of vanilla/ rum/ a bit of sugar and a hint of soap- all these are short-lived and in seconds it turns into this well mannered and well blended rosey powdery vanilla orchid . Mind you, powder here is mildly noticeable, not in your face type. I mean it... the powder is so mild and tender that it smells like new born baby. So gentle and so soft. And strangely enough it makes me feel like a grown wise women who wants to nurture and be a humble person to the world in return. No I am not exaggerating...

Then this perfume starts to melt into each other and produce creamy, milky, mild rosey, clean, almondish... Maybe at this point it smells seductive... not in a sexual way but more like you will get engaged soon way.

In terms of longevity, the perfume stays on my skin for about 6 hours slowly wearing off and the last note to stay on my skin after six hours is only vanilla with a hint of sugary sweetness to it.

Because each JPG EDP bottle I have owned/ tested had different smell, the current one I own is the best of the lot. so I will go with this as the true smell of jpg classique edp. Overall satisfied with this purchase and will wear it more often.

:D

craftyminx
craftyminx

I've tested this several times and thought that it was very nice, and that I wouldn't mind having it. And then the opportunity for a swap came up, and after actually wearing it all day, in cold weather but indoors in the heat, I LOVE THIS PERFUME. I get a good 7-8 hours of wear out of it before it goes to a skin scent. The powdery vanilla just smells so snuggly. Rich and soft and feminine, but not overpowering. I can't remember last time I wore the same perfume more than once in the same week.

Lali_7
Lali_7

OK so we all already know this is an amazing powdery perfume, now the only problem I have with it is the sillage and lasting power. It's quite shocking that after an hour or so, this becomes pretty much a skin scent no matter what I spray it on! Disappointed with this aspect.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

The only thing I don't like is the rum in the beginning, it is very heavy and chemical on me... but when the rum takes a back seat I'm left with everything else - boozy sweet vanilla, rose, amber, wood, tonka. Very warm, rich and sophisticated, a grown up vanilla scent with decent longevity.

kay0981
kay0981

This perfume is a modern classic! It makes you feel confident and sexy. Despite being very bold and seductive, this scent is also feminine, gentle and romantic. I really enjoy both this and the Eau de Toilette version, but I think that Eau de Parfum is slightly better - richer, more complex and grown up, whilst still very versatile and relatively easy to wear.

Full of rich floral accords and creamy sweetness, Classique opens with soft, velvety roses, rum essence, and a touch of oriental vanilla. It's a fairly heavy opener, and will easily fill the room with just a couple of sprays. The rose is beautiful in this – soft and romantic, it evokes and image of sitting down in a big garden of red roses on a hot, dry summer evening, cuddling up with your loved one...:) The base is loaded with sweet amber and spiced vanilla, and there is even a slight hint of soapiness in it. The powdery accord of Classique is very pronounced from start to finish, and gives it a slightly old-fashioned feel; not that it wouldn't suit a young girl. To me, it smells a little bit like a bag of expensive make up. And even if you don't normally like powdery scents, I'd still suggest giving this a shot. The powdery aspect here, although very pronounced, is done in a way that blends really well with the rest of the composition, and compliments other notes without becoming too overwhelming.

I steered away from trying this perfume for a long time, because I thought that the bottle looked just awkward; but trust me, this little gem really is worth trying. I suppose that the provocativeness of the bottle matches the scent quite well. This is a beautiful, sophisticated, romantic perfume, and I think it'd smell fantastic on any woman!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MissLola
MissLola

I prefer the EDT over this EDP. EDT suits my skin better and last longer than the EDP.

ForrealMe2

i got this again for Christmas and boy was this hard to find during the holiday season..this fragrance is lovely and delicate yet loud that it lasts all day..it is extremely powdery with gardenia and the rum helps balance it out a bit to help with the sweetness but its not girly fun its a serious grown up or nice night out fragrance..it is worth the money because it lasts forever.

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

I want to try this cause it has rum. I own an Alien liqueur de perfum and it smells really good on me. I should try this!

arajuna
arajuna

This is truly the most long lasting perfume i own, i sprayed it on 20 hours ago and i can still smell it on myself.
this perfume is Classic and classy without being too overpowering or powdery as those types of perfumes often are. It is rich and warm and sensual.

the essence of a truly feminine woman.

i find that the notes are so well blended that they can be quite hard to pick out, so this leads to it smelling like something completely unfamiliar and Unique.

well worth the Price for what you get, and top marks for the beautiful lace bottle too

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I purchased a used almost full bottle of this perfume. I smelled it at the department store and loved it but not to spend nearly $100 on it. I'm wearing it today and I'm really enjoying it. It's a very warm scent for the winter and very cozy. It reminds me a little bit of Giorgio Armani Sensi. The longevity seems to pretty good. Very happy with this one.

alien baby
alien baby

Love it but I don't adore it. Compared to the EdT this is delicious and creamy from the very start with nothing harsh or pushy to overpower your personality. The dry down smells just like the talcum powder I remember from childhood. I don't 'feel' the sexy or sensuous, I get warm, cosy and loved.

Def. a bottle to have in your collection. And great for any time of the year or day of the week.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

It's one of those... I tend to wear it for official, important meetings. You know - power dressing, serious fragrance. Yes, this is how I see it - elegant, clean, serious.
I can be serious when I have to, but I'm rather easy going person. So I don't feel like this fragrance matches my personality.
There is also the fact, that on me it smells like...soap. Posh, elegant soap. With a hint of vanilla. I appreciate it, it's a classic, but I may still have some 'growing up' to do to be able to enjoy it fully :)

macheprofumo
macheprofumo

One of my favourites worn since 2004. It is warm but yet unique in that no everyone can wear it successfully. Although it has an underlying sweetness to it, it is a sophisticated scent for the mature and independent woman.

FuzzCookies
FuzzCookies

There are no words for how divine this fragrance is. My Mum got it first for Christmas and as soon as I smelled it I was hooked. This is sexy, mysterious and full on glamorous. The epitome of how a sexy woman would smell.

Lust87
Lust87

What can i say - it's my signature scent, love at first sniff. I received my first "fragrance compliment" when i was wearing Classique EDP, it was four years ago. ;)
I know both versions, EDT/EDP but i prefer EDP because of it's sweet creaminess, classic, powdery twist, lovely vanilla-rose combo. By the way, are you sure there's no orange blossom in it? I'm pretty sure i can smell sweet, creamy orange blossom, which i love.
EDT is more sharp, soapy, not that comfortable to wear for me, but i still like it.
Longevity is fantastic - it lasts 11-12 hours on my skin, i love the sillage too, it's really heavy.
I can wear Classique all the time, no matter if it's day, night, autumn, winter, spring or summer.
It's just love and i won't fight it. ;)

sky74
sky74

GartenGnome's review couldn't express my thoughts better. She's right ; the difference between the two is enormous.

GartenGnome
GartenGnome

Hot damn! What a sex bomb!! Absolutely delicious, I can sniff this all day.
Question: why is this EDP so amazing from start to finish, yet the EDT by JPG has really sharp opening notes which smell like something you'd find in your granny's musty old mothball-filled attic???

diana_drd
diana_drd

I don't know, it is better than the edt, but to me is sharp and almost masculine at first and then smells like soap, the not very scented kind. Can't realize how a vanilla/orchid/rose/sandalwood/amber combo can smell like soap, not soapy but pure soap. I expected something a little more sensual, because of the notes, but it has an dusty iris kinda feeling to it, has good longevity and sillage but I wouldn't buy it again

evesoho
evesoho

I was in the liquor store today, searching for a htf kind of beer, and I ended up behind a woman who was leaving a fragrant trail I picked up. At first I thought, 'oh pink sugar/prada candy', but two seconds later, having stepped closer, I knew it was a *real* perfume. I have to say that I was a bit surprised, she was wearing cut off jean shorts, had red koolaid hair pulled back plainly, no makeup, and was carrying her baby in a car seat. I totally forgot what I was looking for, and closed in on her, sniffing away. "Hi," I said politely, "are you wearing perfume?" "Yes," she said. "It's beautiful." "Thanks," she said, not at all fazed. "I forget the name, but it's in a bottle shaped like a woman's body, it's pink and has lace on it." "Jean Paul Gaultier," I said and she replied, "that's it!" I'm 99% sure that Classique edp is the one, after looking at bottles and notes on Fragrantica! This stuff is gold. The only other thing I thought about the perfume was that it didn't really suit the weather, because it's summer now, but I could certainly forgive anyone for wearing it at any time. I'd probably save it for nighttime if I were going to wear it in summer. This is on my want list!

Germany
Germany

Yumm I think it's great! Sexy classic perfume. Elegant and rich amber rum and vanilla. Can smell sweet orchid as well. Reminds me a little of le parfum by Dior. Miss Dior. It's that amber and vanilla base that they share as well as the rose! No wonder I love this as le perfum is my favourite frag. Could decide between edt and EDP I am glad I went with this. It's richer and sexier. It's so beautiful!!!! Thanks for recommending auroramaria !

perfumery123

i find this smells like wee in the first spray and it's very strong and old fashioned smelling. i don't know if this is because i bought it from ebay and is probably fake??

sophia*rose
sophia*rose

I do love this perfume, but wear it very rarely. Mostly because it is a very heavy scent, and extremely sexy. I like sexy scents (who doesn't), but when I wear this, I feel like I'm exclusively looking to seduce. There are not a lot of occasions on which I feel that way... I prefer wearing scents like Angel, where the seductive quality is a side-effect, not the main purpose (obviously this is not the main purpose of Classique, I just perceive it that way personally). A single spray on the wrist or neck is enough with the EdP, it's strong and will be noticed, trust. My ex would get jealous whenever I wore this to head out without him. It was the only fragrance he ever reacted to in that way. He found a lot of my perfumes sexy, but this one... whole 'nother level.

However, I want to add, there is a lot of elegance, class and *alluring* sensuality in JPG Classique. Especially when it fades. On my skin, it opens up with some citrus notes, reminiscent of clementine/mandarin skin, quite refreshing. That fades pretty quickly though, and the sweet rum sets in. The rum note really stands out to me throughout, which combined with amber gives it that heavy quality, but the powdery and floral notes save it from going in the direction of headache-inducing. It's definitely a classic and makes me think of the 20s and 30s, despite the fact that perfumes probably didn't smell this way in those times. It just has this "classic" and timeless character, and that's what makes it so beautiful.

itsallgood
itsallgood

I like the beginning of this and the middle of this perfume very much. Towards the end I'm reminded of hot candle wax, which is okay when I'm scenting a room instead of myself. The perfume lasts a long time and the bottle is unique. The vanilla and rose are complimentary.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Well..i gave this one a try today, as well, and i must say i wasn't blown away by it.

Sure it starts off really strong almost like a Chypre Floral perfume and that is a bit intimidating to me, as those tend to turn stinky on my skin... but this one knew when to make a stage exit and didn't overstay its welcome =).... it died down to a very sweet, powdery vanilla scent. Not bad really, but i was expecting more from a Jean Paul Gaultier perfume - some twists, some turns, some unexpected drama... but i was left waiting. Nothing spectacular happened!

Now, I'm not saying that this isn't a great perfume or that it isn't well balanced or that it doesn't have staying power...because it does! It has everything that a classic elegant perfume should have! ... it was just lacking that quirk...that spectacular moment that i have come to expect from his creations.

So all in all its definitely an "ok" perfume... but its nothing special and more so nothing special for its price.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

When I first sprayed this on I thought "uh oh." The first blast is a bit overpowering but I find it dissipates really quickly. Ahhhh, instant relief! It turns into something really special and beautiful. I can see why so many people have this and love it so much. They sure named this perfume well. It certainly smells like a "classic." It's smooth, warm and rich. Smells "high class" to me. I can smell the vanilla, rose and amber on my skin. It seems to stay linear throughout which I don't mind at all as I love the smell! I love the Eau de Parfum version but I don't like the Eau de Toilette version at all. That one smells sharp and stinky to me. This one is so much nicer. I don't find it too strong or overpowering at all. Simply gorgeous!

tzeal
tzeal

i love this scent!!! it last forever and honestly is intoxicating. i love love love it!

smellME
smellME

I had high expectations on this one, after all years of summed up good reviews and rave about Classique. I am dissapointed I can't pull this of, on me it is a synthetic strong vanilla that never melts into my skin, rather stays outside and don't ever wanna settle and be smooth. Maybe there is one of all Classique varitations that do, but if they are gonna be anything similar to this...I'll pass looking for it. Lucky you all who can wear it !

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I love the lingerie clad 'torso', and I love Gaultiers taste and sense of style (I'll even forgive him that he 'borrowed' the design for his torso ladies from a favorite vintage of mine: Shocking by Elsa Schiaparelli.) The truth is; I would forgive him anything because he is a scent-genie! I would love to own all his perfumes (if they only were a bit more budget friendly! - sigh) because they all have a certain "je ne sais quoi" about them. He is a bit crazy, but in a very, very good way!

Jean Paul Gaultiers Classique is a beloved favourite of mine. It never bores and is so well made that I really can't tell much of the notes apart. Yes; there is jasmine, a warm vanilla, a hint of anise, amber and ylang-ylang and much much more. And it all seems to rest on a sexy unusual amber. The note composition is so expertly interwoven that I don't know how it works, but it just does! And how! If I don't have a bottle I miss it. It's so sexy, classy and unique.

On my skin it smells like no other scent I have. It melts into me and becomes an extension of my personality. To me a hallmark of a great fragrance is that when you wear it you feel like a 'prettier you' well, this one makes me feel that way. People always ask me what I am wearing and most go and purchase a bottle for themselves after I tell them what makes me smell so 'modern chic' in a very french style.

One day I will own all of them: *rattles piggy bank and dreams* In the mean time, if you don't know it, you must sniff it, it might be the scent you've been looking for!

RedLady
RedLady

This is very rich and sweet, the opening in particular is quite shocking.
It is extremely lovely, however. Very girly without being infantile and the rose and vanilla blend beautifully together.
This is bound to get you noticed and and plenty of compliments.
It is undoubtedly sweet though and I think it could be cloying if over-sprayed. And it clings to your clothes like a sloth to a tree.
Only use a little and you're good to go!

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

Classic and masterpiece... You´ll either love or hate JPG EDP. I totally understand why it had been adored since it launched in the 90´s. This is walk into a bed of roses and orchids before entering a field of vanilla. I am a sucker for vanilla scents. JPG edp is a cup of my tea, having said that. The cloud of vanilla is very rich. I can smell something like an almond note here (though it doesnt have it), so i assume it is just my olfactory nerves and synapses doing its thing again. Sillage is great, longevity is without doubt good too! :) Overall, JPG is a wow fragrance. Can be cloying or overwhelming, however it is still a perfume that will stay and continuously loved by many.

jerzygrill
jerzygrill

Ugh, candy store but not a rich enthralling candy store like Feu d'Issey or Lolita Lempicka. I really dislike the overpowering sweetness of the vanilla, evoking cheap scented candles. It's just too much. I hope I can give this bottle away to someone not too close to me, because I don't want to smell it. I'm going downstairs right now to rub some denatured on myself before my mates come home.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

If flirting could have a scent, then it's JPG Classique!...I call it my "vavavoom" perfume!!...

This is a sexy scent, but not of the dark, voluptuous, mysterious kind: it's actually teasing and playful like a bubbly naughty girl who loves teasing men but stays as elusive as a butterfly!... When I smell this I have images of The Crazy Horse and French Cancan and laughter and booze!....It's very Jean Paul Gaultier in fact.
Eventhough it's sweet with loads of vanilla, I don't see Classique as a teenage fragrance, it can very well be pulled off by "grown up" women, depending on her personality and the occasion (this is not a boardroom meeting kind of perfume IMHO!...)

Classique is for a woman who doesnt take herself, neither life, too seriously. She's not a "femme fatale": she's a flirtatious girl who "just wanna have fun" like the song goes!....
Next time u come accross this little gem, try it and let your imagination run free!...

beatrix75

much good and soft and elegant than the EDT witch is good but old fashion.too classique.

beatrix75

well well i have, i love "again" in love o good so meny good fragrances like made for me for my skin ,and definitly this one its for mee! In the first 5 minutes its soo much strong and powdery so much off everything but after the 5 minutes woow girls and womens this one burrrnnn!!! vanilla amber ,orchid and soft petal of rose just the soft sweet smell just to eat allmoust absolutly a favo!!!

viveka
viveka

I adore EdT version, for me it's the most sensual scent ever. The EdP version is less "classique", more common for my nose. A little bit too ordinary, less niuanced and sometimes annoying. The scent of old rose in EdP is overwhelming and dominant whereas in EdT there're fireworks of ingredients. But it's still not bad - it's just less pretty than EdT sister. I also prefer the simplicity of the EdT bottle.

Yes, definitely I'm the EdT - person :)

But I love JPG in general.

aschiffm
aschiffm

This is a very sweet oriental perfume that smells like root-beer, spice and thick roses. The overall effect is "gummy", very sweet, cloying. I feel like Im wearing a perfume from Victorias Secret and spilled root-beer on myself. It smells young, for a teen up until 20 or 21 yrs old would be suitable I think. Its an oriental for young crowd who want to be sophisticated and sexy and for this age group I think it would be lovely. I myself am 26 going on 27 and VERY much prefer JPG's Classique X version, it's sheerer, fizzy and more coquettishly sexy.

djvjuice
djvjuice

Didnt like it at first as it was a lil bit too heavy and overwhelming, and strong, however about after a couple of hours the other composition of the scent is so unforgetable so sweet and creamy and in the end it smelled like vanilla soft musk from the body shop.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

I found i liked this better on than smelling it in the store. On the skin it becomes warmer, and all the other notes come out.

nadia11
nadia11

I totally agree with you Mllefantine. Like you, I love perfume too much to have a signature scent but this one would have to be the most well-rounded feminine perfume for me, that i could wear anytime. It is absolutely lovely and makes me feel very classy!
Jean Paul Gaultier, you rock~ :)

KittyBaditty
KittyBaditty

The opening is what I imagine women in the dressing rooms of the 1900's Moulin Rouge would smell like (the romantic image, not the historically accurate one) - all powder, roses, cosmetics, hip flasks and smoke. As it softens, I get the comfort of the amber, and the familiarity of vanilla.

I tend to buy with my eyes first, and the packaging and bottle are just so pretty in real life. Looking at the torso bottles online doesn't do them justice.

This lady is a keeper - all woman, all seduction, all the time. I love her especially much in winter, when I'm out for cocktails, or late at night.

In mood
In mood

Classique EDP is a very elegant, sophisticated and rich perfume. I smelled EDT before and I didn't like it at all. This EDP is just gorgeous. The perfume pyramid is poor but the perfume itself is marvelous. I can't say I smell orchid, for me it smells like jasmine with roses and vanilla. The vanilla here is not overpowering, it makes the perfume more rounded and feminine. The price for EDP is high but this perfume is very long-lasting.

Tovah
Tovah

This is such a memorable, haunting fragrance. It's one of those "Made for my skin" type scents that I know I wear really well. I have the EDP, and it's one of the longest lasting, most overtly feminine fragrances I've ever worn. It seems to become part of my skin, but it's also radiant. It's creamy, warm vanilla, slightly burnt cherry tobacco, and red roses, yet it's richly gourmand. I get stopped randomly everywhere (even in Best Buy) and asked about this fragrance from strangers, and all my family and friends comment on it every time I wear it. It's elegant, and unusual. It's a one-of-a-kind that won't be mistaken for any other fragrance. I think the bottle is gorgeous. This fragrance is no tease; it's serious irresistible seduction.

Turtledove
Turtledove

I didn't expect to like this, I avoided it for quite a while because of the bottle, but the scent itself is really pretty wonderful. First off, you have to try it on your skin! You don't get the best of it on paper. It's also worth waiting for the top notes to blow over.

I'm not a huge fan of the opening, the first 20 minutes are a rather loud, powdery, rosy-floral-cosmetics smell, with a hint of creamy almond-ish vanilla underneath. It's nice, but it was definitely an "I've smelled this everywhere" kind of moment. It has a little bit of a synthetic-floral-hairspray feel to it too, but thankfully it's not overwhelming on me if I don't overdo it.

It is totally worth the wait though, because after the first part fades off, you start getting wafts of the most gorgeous deep, warm, gently-spiced vanilla with a rich, creamy-musky-almondy kind of feel to it, and a faint dusting of that rosey powder that keeps it delicate and VERY femme. At this point the sillage is very subtle, it's really more of a skin scent, but I like it that way. It's very soft, but it lasts for hours.

I don't quite get the "sexy" aspect of it, it doesn't seem showy or flashy to me at all, it's much more suited to someone who is just comfortable in their own skin. Maybe it's the gentle musky tone that it has, but it really seems to have a soft, lived-in kind of feel to it, with a human warmth that makes it very approachable, especially once it calms down. In my opinion (at 24) it seems much more appropriate for a woman than a young girl, it feels like something I would grow into. It seems very confident and self-possessed in a relaxed, feminine way that feels grown-up, but not matronly, it doesn't seem limited to one generation. I can see Classique being one of those scents that becomes timeless, it might even live up to its name.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Thanks to ichellemay, I have a tiny sample vial of this. At least, I’m pretty sure it’s this one and not Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for Women—that one is listed as a spicy amber, whereas what I dabbed on this morning is simple, soapy floral. Darn these perfumists and their redundant names—a little originality in an area other than olfaction would be great!

In any case, it started as a soapy floral—I think “soapy” is certainly overused, but I can’t think how else to describe the initial notes, which were simple, clean and floral without being heavy (not syrupy, not honey-like, not cloying). It was not what I expected, as I thought I had “for Women” and expected a spicy amberic fragrance.

Didn’t start or end up sour on me, which is saying something for a floral. It really and truly is a “pink” fragrance—the sweet pea comes through loud and clear, and the rose is there singing back up—versus a more white floral fragrance. It’s not a gourmand, but somehow the phrase cotton candy snuck into my mind over the first hour and the first few sniffs. After the sweet pea and roses comes a nice, sweet vanilla note—not amberic, not spicy, not baked goods, just sweet vanilla, almost like ice-cream. Pink floral and vanilla; those are the notes listed, and that’s what I get.

Sillage is low on me, and longevity only low-moderate (fading about 3 hours after application). Wish I’d brought the vial with me to work for a reapplication.
This fragrance is a field of clover, a walk through sunny paths lined with wild roses where sweet peas cover the dappled hillsides in mounds. It is a girl in a white and pink dress trying to catch butterflies in a net. Not complex, but sweet and simple.

renneyg007
renneyg007

This is a one off, almost noble amongst perfumes. Bold without exception, rich, deep & distinctive. Its quite strong so one spritz per pulse point is easily enough. Quite a soapy opening, clean, strong almost masculine yet the vanilla keeps it soft, powdery, in fact its like a shower-get in, get soapy, get out, get powdery. The scent stays a long time on the skin. I have to be in the mood to wear this otherwise the perfume carries me, whereas i need to carry it or at least balance with it. Its quite sad that classic scents like this dont come along very often. I guess thats what makes them so very very special.

laantjebanaantje

When I first reviewed this fragrance, almost a year ago, I considered it completely different from the eau de toilette from the same name. I decided to revisit it however, on my quest to identify the strange salty, beachy accord that I find in both Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle (why discontinue it, Dior, WHY?) and Alien Sunessence Edition Or d'Ambre and for which I think the combination of vanilla and orchid is responsible. And if there one fragrance that is mainly composed of orchid and vanilla, it's this one.
When I sprayed it on, the similarity with the EDT version struck me immediately, and I was surprised to remember I used to find them nothing alike.
Instead of the tropical feel both Alien Edition d'Ambre and Hypnotic Poison ES have, Classique EDP is warm and wintery. It reminds me strongly of christmass, with it's spicy deliciousness, but maybe that's only because I fell in love with Classique EDT (!) around that time last year. A passionate love that did not last, but turned into a warm friendship.
Classique EDP, alas, does not have the salty, beachy, tropical accord I was looking for, so my search continues...

misslovely
misslovely

A very classy scent. It can be quite strong, so you might have to apply it lightly. Very long lasting. I think is more suitable for special events or nighttime since its quite rich. I love the sensual vanilla dry down!

HawaiianHorology
HawaiianHorology

This one is sensual. Alluring. A hint of devilry. If Marc Jacobs Daisy is youth and hope and early sunshine then JPG is flirtatous early evening teasing. It is intoxicating if you drink too deeply. Paired with freshly toussled hair and hints of perspiration, it's seductive. On the right skin, it awakens something primal, animal. Yet it is sophisticated so it pulls you in and back for more until your head is reeling..

Use with caution!

If this were a model, it would be Shana Zadrick from those Guess ads in the 90s.

Jen100
Jen100

Does anyone think the (new) EDP resembles Love's Baby Soft?

KateAnette
KateAnette

I got this from a friend, a 100ml almost unused bottle. I had never actually sniffed this before, or so i thought. Now that i'm wearing it, i realize that i have smelt this before, on other people :). It's a really distinctive smell, you recognize it immediately.

Not sure how roses, orchid and vanilla turns into something a bit masculine on me :O, no kidding. It IS very sweet, but there is also a slightly masculine edge to it.
It's somewhat synthetic. Then again, i found Euphoria very synthetic smelling too at first, but with time it grew on me and became one of my favorites.
Been wearing this for a couple of hours now, and it's still going very strong, so potent stuff.

Gotta wear this a few times and see how it feels.
I don't think this could be an everyday fragrance for me. And it's really nothing i'd wear on a night out either. It does feel classic, maybe too classic and mature. I think it's the roses that gives me that feel. So not really sure when i'd wear it. I'm gonna get back to you, when i figure it out :)
Update: I really like the far drydown, when it calms down and stays closer to the skin, and the rose stops being so dominant. I think this might grow on me after wearing a few times.

ForrealMe2

What an invigorating scent...the gardenia vanilla cream sharpness is so explosive yet feminine. It is so intense yet refreshing and getting wiff after wiff after wiff of this long lasting scent it never tires me at all.It is so special and i am so happy to own it. If you don't like floral gourmands this isn't for you..but i adore it and that is enough for me..what a creation!

happytogether
happytogether

I love love love Classique EDP! A sexy vanilla-ry scent with a smidge of clean sharpness underneath, preventing it from being sickly. I do find that it smells far different on my skin than on paper or spritized into the air - I think the oils on my skin soften the scent. This perfume solicits a lot of compliments when I wear it!

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

WOw!! Ok i might be almost the last women on earth that haven't try by now! Jean Paul Gaultier EDP Dawn!! i missed something it now one of my favorite sensual scent i have tried this one out today & i seriously could fall in love with myself.. hahah! That's how good sensual round gourmand this smell i WANT A BOTTLE OF THIS! .. now i thought i had too much fragrances i'm trying to low down my super huge collection to maybe 20 and this one will defenately be in my top 20!
I WANT THIS ONE .... baddly

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

This version is more creamy. The beautiful vanilla. Magnificently, splendidly lies on the skin . I will EDP :) all sesons.

samloves
samloves

The EDP is sharp to start off but the dry down is soft, cosy, vanilla powdery only problem is the longevity is not great. I have got a few comments while wearing it albeit from females. I find the EDT cheap smelling, bit of a disinfectant smell and lasting power is very poor. The EDP is far superior.

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

Oh wow what a stunning bottle!! Gorgeous! As for the fragrance itself, not for me, but interesting for vintage fans who are looking for something a little more modern!

This stuff is very, very powdery to my nose and smells quite mature. Unlike Shalimar and a few others, there's no unpleasant leathery note and it's not massively strong either. Instead, it's got a slightly plasticky, artificial side to it. Although I think it's a mature scent, a classy young lady could easily do it justice.

Not for me but it's been fun discovering this scent! :)

kaktus
kaktus

Classic old lady party smell from the nineties. Rose, sweat and lipstick. Didn't like it on my skin.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I first purchased the EDT and fell in love with it. I decided to try the EDP because I read they are so different. Well, I must say, the EDT is better. The EDP is very sharp and floral. It is very apparent the common notes they share, however, the EDT is more sensual and warm. It is very strong, the EDP, put it this way....I wore the EDP to work the other day and I had a co-worker fake coughing when I came around..he also left the rooom a few times....ok,ok,...I get the point. A bit much for work. Anyways..love the EDT. EDP, not for me.

UPDATE:
I have been wearing this off and on for several days now trying to come to a solid conclusion. At first, it just seemed very sharp and floral. The more I wear it...the more it is growing on me. I layered it with the lotion and I must say....I am falling in love with it.....

mak.erot
mak.erot

I have it, but it's not my favorite perfume. It's too heavy, too deep for me. Be carefull for sunny day or summer, perhaps one spray is enough..! Even it's not my fav, the bottle is very beautifull, i will keep it forever. My husband had JPG fleur de male and JPG cologne tonique stimulanting summer 2009, and i luv the bottles too.., very unique. I collect them.

Sillo
Sillo

(EDP) I just became part of the "Classique" club as of today! I got it as an early birthday present, and I must say, I don't know why I didn't get this earlier... I absolutely love it!!! Yes, it can be annoying, in your face, vulgar even, if you decide to spray too much on at one time. But when you practice restraint, it is the most divine perfume. It might not be office appropriate, but as long as you are not in confined spaces it should be alright. It is great to wear it for a night out, a night in, a lucky night (wink wink). This is not a perfume for those who do not want to be noticed or get someone's attention. That being said, as I have not tried the EDT, I can not compare between the two. The EDP that I recieved is just heavenly............. now on to the notes.. I definitely smell the vanille note, almost a frothy, root beer like vanilla. The tincture of rose, not so much. It is a very complex perfume for so little notes. I am very much reminded of Boucheron's "Trouble". You will definitely get into trouble with Classique... depends on how and where you wear it. I know the notes of Classique and Trouble are completely different but they give off the same type of smell..beautiful, classy, sexy, magnetic. The type of woman I imagine liking and wearing this perfume is someone like Malena (played by Monica Bellucci). If you've watched that movie you know what I mean...

This obviously is a gourmand type of fragrance, in my opinion. It has slight floral compounds but is mostly gourmand.

Love, love, love this perfume! It is one that will probably be sitting on my boudoir table permanently. Love the bottle, the perfume, the whole concept. Monsieur Jean-Paul is a fragrance genius. Thank you for this gem of a perfume!

Robinja
Robinja

This is a perfume I initially disliked or didn't really care to wear. When my mother was abroad she came back with a set of Jean Paul gaultiere's most popular scents. I had already fallen inlove with the male perfume and almost got a little bit arroused when walking by someone who wore it. I got classic femme eau de toilette and eau de perfume and tried it a few times. I was around 19 years old and probably a bit young to carry it. As time went by I found the scent more and more intriguing and tried it again when I was around 21, by that time I had started to become more interested in the more complex and oriental but still feminine perfumes. I got the 100 ml eau de perfume bottle as a Christmas gift and I was sold, I'm 26 today and it's been with me ever since. It's one of my have to have scents, but it's nicer to save for certain moment and occasions then to wear every day. I can understand what people mean by it being heavy and sweet but for me it's feminine and complements my natural scent. I don't find it as sweet and heavy as example Chanel no 5 which I find repulsing!

erin.mitchell
erin.mitchell

I first discovered this perfume when I was visiting my soon to be husband while he was on business out of town. It was a magical time and we fell in love during that time. The bottle of this that he bought me was Classique Eau de Parfum and it had the rose and lace bodice. I threw away the bottle without thinking how special it was, and I wish I could have that bottle back. Such a wonderful fragrance, reminds me of cigars, but more feminine. Love it! If anyone has the bottle, I will buy it!!!!! :)

edwards
edwards

Have gone through about four bottles of this lovely fragrance. It's certainly a classic that has been on top of it's game for years. Still love it although my taste has changed a bit over the years and I now prefer flowerbomb.

After writing my review below, I ended up buying this. After wearing it, my opinion really changed. I couldn't shake the fact that I smelled like some kind of toilet bowl cleaner. It was driving me crazy all day, the smell of a very powdery floral, somehow totally synthetic and chemical. I had to return it and change my vote to "dislike." Sorry! I think it would smell marvelous on other women, but for some reason it's just not right for me. I am also honestly thrilled to be rid of the torso.

flozza36
flozza36

Great smell...a bit of a heavier scent; reminds me of a real feminine kind of women. It's very sweet and really has a french feel to it.
ABSOLUTELY love this in winter, but not my summer favorite.

Jellybean
Jellybean

pleasant soft floral, orchid's the most expressed note followed by vanilla. simple, light and elegant.
nice fragrance with feminine package; however because of the simplicity of a scent a bit too pricey in my opinion.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Glamorous and classic.

reusch210
reusch210

This doesn't last that long on me and can feel a little thin believe it or not. It smells great but it's character would suit another woman - it reminds me of how a woman who curls her hair with velcro rollers would smell - sorry that's a little random!

nevine

This is not just a scent of a perfume.. its a love story.... you dont know neither where it starts... nor where it ends .. u just want it to last.

phuonglnh
phuonglnh

I love this perfume, classic, elegant, and sophisticated. It portraits an independent, bold yet artistic woman, I guess she's someone I always want to be...Anyhow, I don't see myself, it's just not right for me. If this perfume lasted longer on my skin, it would be perfect. The bottle is really really beautiful, I will definitely keep it on my vanity.

Ghada Soliman
Ghada Soliman

I confess I am addicted to perfumes, I have a dresser that is ready to explode because of all those beautiful bottles of perfumes.... but classique is the queen of all, It surrounds you then it cuddles you and wraps you and remains there untill you decided you need another spray just to make sure it is still around.
So elegant, feminine and divine, will love forever.

laantjebanaantje

What a difference with the EDT!
They both open with the scent of really good, 18 years old whiskey, but from that point, they could have been two totally different scents, instead of the EDT and EDP versions of the same name.
The EDP is more citrussy at the start, lighter, so much lighter than the EDT, which is dark, rich, sweet-spicy, chocolaty, cinnamonlike and flowery and continues the luxurious feeling of the wonderful aged whiskey from the beginning.
Gently following the light citrusnotes in the EDP are roses. Deep, dark roses, but not as dark and creamy as in the EDT. From time to time I smell a whiff of orchids, playing with the roses. Later in the drydown, the roses and orchids settle down on a bed of soft, warm, creamy vanilla.
I think the EDP is more grown-up than the EDT. As if the young, slightly decadent, strong woman that is the EDT has finally settled down and has become more charming, sweeter, nicer, less decadent and overpowering. Calmer, really.
Me, I'm young and decadent, and I definitely prefer the EDT. I loooooooooooove the spices, and the EDP is just way too sweet and calm for me.

tltorrens
tltorrens

Just an FYI and for informational purposes only, but the bottle with the figure with pink roses and black detailing is a natural spray, or without alcohol. Hope this helps in distinguishing the two EDPs.

megank4
megank4

I much prefer the Eau de Toilette version, but this one is nice too.

I did it. Congratulate me. After 20 years of avoiding anything by JPG, I've finally overcome my phobia long enough to pick up one of those gross little torsos to test it. I sprayed as quickly as possible so I wouldn't have to touch it or look at it any longer. The bottle reminds me of a cadaver. Even the pinkish color brings back memories of skinning and dissecting animals in high school. It all makes me very nauseous.

But the scent was worth a few moments of psychological discomfort! I could smell the orchid, vanilla, and rose very easily. Maybe a little pink bubblegum too. It's a very girlie scent--powdery, soft, and sweet.

I like it because it reminds me of so many other perfumes I like. It's like a deeper Chanel No.5 without the civet. It's like Dior Addict with roses and powder. It's like Stella Cadente Miss Me without the sweet cinnamon. Longevity and projection are great; better than most perfumes and better than the original EDT.

Notes are incorrect. Should be: Rum Essence, Rose Essence, Vanilla Orchid, Daffodil, Bourbon Vanilla, Sweet Amber, Sandalwood Absolute, Tonka Bean, Amber

romrom

I love it!! it's such a beautiful scent, very classic and divine.

catfactory
catfactory

I tried a tester vial of the Classique edp and I have FALLEN IN LOVE! This scent is so feminine and classy. Lightly rosey and - not heavy or "old" smelling. It doesn't come on strong. I reapply it a few hours after the first application just so I can fall in love all over again! A sweet delicious perfume!

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

I didn't found it at all in my country they told me it is a limited edition, can you tell me about other one will be so similar to this on or your second choice plz.
is it like Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle?
The Main Notes are very close .

DaZeD
DaZeD

I bought this for my wife and i think it smells fantastic!

A very very sensual and elegant scent.
I'm not a woman but i'm pretty sure that any woman who wears this really feels like a WOMAN.
It is so feminine, like pink silk.

After she showered i could still smell it on her.

Great quality, and great scent.

A soft whisper of deep roses with a thin air of something softspicy. Adult roses. not overwhelming sweet, I like! Not loud like the Classique EdT. This one is great for every-day-use. A keeper.

En mjuk viskning av djupa, vuxna rosor med en aningens mjuk-kryddig avrundning. Inte sötsliskig, vilket jag gillar. Inte lika kaxig och högljudd som Classique EdT. Denna är suverän som varje-dag-doft. En favorit.

Asztrid
Asztrid

I tried a perfume shop and enchanted by JPG Classique. I looked and rose colored glass on the pink laces Classique EDP. A glass of orange laces smooth the Classique EDT. Each of the two components of the others.

Classique EDP ingredients: Rum Essence, Rose Essence, Vanilla Orchid, Daffodil, Bourbon Vanilla, Sweet Amber, Sandalwood Absolute, Tonka Bean, Amber.

Classique EDT ingredients: Orange Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Italian Mandarin, Star Aniseed, Orchid, Iris, Ylang-Ylang, Indian Ginger, Soft Vanilla, Woody Amber. Now which one to love? : D

saraswati993
saraswati993

Lovliest and sexiest perfume I've tried in a long time!

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

Oh my goodness! How come I have never tried Classique before?
I tested it today and what a great surprise! Beautiful, warm, exotic, almost gourmand vanilla and orchid! Very feminine composition.
Longevity and sillage are both outstanding.
A perfect evening fragrance for vanilla-lovers.

I have always overlooked this fragrance because I thought the bottle was kind of weird but I am so glad I have discovered this gem today!

An instant favourite of mine. Wow.

&lla
&lla

In the back of my memory I had a craving for a scent but I couldn't remember which one it was. I knew I had tested it at one point, so I went through all my old testers and sniffed them (yes even the empty ones lol)..and Bingo! I came upon this wonderful gem and my craving was instantly satisfied! I checked the tester and it was the EDP so that's what I purchased.
JPG Classique EDP to my nose is a very deep, satisfying scent and one you can really get your teeth into. It does start off very strong and quite intoxicating but the drydown is SO worth waiting for. It's creamy, fresh, smooth and blended to perfection, a very inviting sort of perfume. I'm in vanillic heaven. For some reason it makes me thirsty, which I've noticed with a few other perfumes...hmmmm strange! It reminds me a lot of Rose Ispahan by Yves Rocher. This is a perfect scent for cold weather fall/winter. I wouldn't dream of wearing it in summer.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

I find that one spray of the perfume is like a bomb of powdery musky vanilla that surrounds your whole body and at first that could be a little too intense. The dry down is what i like best because its a lot mellower sweet and lovely. I'm not sure if I like it enough to buy it, but it definitely is on my "maybe" list. A definite warm and comforting scent.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This EDP is a masterpiece.

Elegant - but not "mature"
Fresh - but warm.
Cozy - but classy.
Sexy - but not trashy.

Sweet pink roses, erotic spices and comforting vanilla.

Suits every age and occasion. Longlasting with nice sillage.

Oh, and the bottle is so beautiful! I`m in love.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Dominant lily, the big white open flower with pollen pistils. I would say it's pure soliflore, I don't get vanilla and rose at all.
It is kind of cold and sad scent. The most decadent perfume I have smelled for sure, it's almost morbid, flowers you put on a grave.
EDT is powdery sweet, spicy and warmer.
Nothing for me, but they are both interesting, JPG is certainly a master of spices.

calyx93
calyx93

@ Chowchow41 and mylancome - you do realize you're using the review section to have a conversation? And do you realize you can send private messages to each other and reserve this area for actual reviews? :/

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I have nothing against JPG and this fragrance... but I just find it smells cheap. I do not know if it is my skin chemistry but it smells like those bad 20 dollar fragrances from the drug store. Oh well. I tried.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

From the voluptuous and curvaceous bottle comes an equally sensual and seductive composition which the result is an entrancing scent which melts into your skin and will enchant everyone smelling you. CLASSIQUE EDP is another great perfume by one interminable designer(JPG)and one interminable maker(CAVALLIER). Sweet,Warm,Sophisticated,Classy, Carnal,Enticing,Addictive,Bewitching,Rich and Thoroughly Feminine.

It is more hot,floral and provocative than EDT and has a perfect blened of traditional femininity with a modern elegance that includes rose,orchid,vanilla, amber and sandalwood.the base notes are so warm and sensual with creamy woods and vanilla that leaves an impression and any ladies wearing it will get attention most men.This head-turning perfume is suitable for both Intimate and Special wear.

CLASSIQUE EDP is a love/hate affair for most. An amazing scent that exudes sensuality and femininity. The best seasons for this one is Autumn and Winter.Ladies if you want your man to stay near you anywhere you guys go,this scent will do it and definitely a must have if you want to attract attention.test it first.

Sillage?Impressive.

Longevity?Lasts and lasts.

servana
servana

I like this one more than the original, but it is just too sweet for me.

bubblem3
bubblem3

Wooow pero que perfume! *-*
Esto es obra de Dios señoras y señores!
Huele tan pero taan divino! Me recuerda a esos dulcesitos de colores en forma de corazon:) Me lo compro mi mami por mi cumpleaños pero aun no me lo da y yo le ruego por que sea mio de una vez por todas c:
Este perfume es romantico y sensual, es como una maquina para atrapar miradas de chicos xD

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is a lovely fragrance. The EDT came across a bit shallow for me, but thankfully the EDP is richer and deeper. The full list of notes are: rum essence, rose essence, vanilla orchid, daffodil, bourbon vanilla, sweet amber, sandalwood, and tonka bean. Really rich and sensual, but fresh at the same time.

Classique EDP has a romantic, old-fashioned quality about it, but I think that's what I appreciate about it. It comes off as classy and feminine rather than stuffy. There is something about it that does recall a fresh-soap type smell. I normally hate anything soapy or powdery in fragrances, but in Classique it works.

In the beginning I pick up on the sweet amber mostly. From there it becomes progressively more bitter and fresh, and I pick up on a grapefruit scent along with some sandalwood and florals. Both the fragrance and the bottle have a beautiful, classy, and romantic feel. Overall very clean, elegant and sophisticated.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Oh i miss this so much , i had this so many years ago amd still have the bottle . but the juice has gone bad i think .
this was so warm , clean, and sexy to wear . Much better then the other classic,(peachy coloured)
This has a cleaner note line .amd are much more wearable .
i love this one

Katrusya31

yes, yes. This perfume is a real perfume so alluring, so attractive and sexappeling.

una4000
una4000

Sexy, Pretensive, Sophisticated, Experienced, Provocative.... This is everything what you will find if you'll try this fragrance.Very rare composition of femininity and sexuality. At the same time it can be effective for the lady and for a girl.I absolutely loved it. As a non-fateful person in fragrances, I confess: This Gaultier was in my Perfume wardrobe twice (such honor only had YSL, DKNY and Gaultier)... SO, TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SamanthaSam
SamanthaSam

like beyonce says... we run this world, girls(with this perfume on). Sexy and sophisticated, a perfume which makes boys look behind for you...

janmcm
janmcm

I was given this as a present and didn't like it at first. Then I smelled it on someone else and thought it was wonderful. So I've gone back to it and I'm lovin' it now. Really warm, soft scent.

aelias
aelias

I think of Classique as being one of the scents that is so good that some people just want to dislike it. The EDT version is definitely bottle worthy, but this one is a must...

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

This is a gorgeous feminine perfume. On my skin, Classique is a sexy oriental floral, with a lot of warm, dry spiciness. I love, love, love the blend of the orchid, daffodil and sandalwood notes. It definitely reminds one of a the scent of bourbon, wafting up from a snifter; for me, if feels like a 'cuddle by the fire and have a drink with your lover' scents.

The vanilla note didn't show up for me until about three hours of wear, but when it did, it rounded and softened the spiciness--as does the amber note. Classique is a bit powdery in the full drydown, in the best possible way. I'd love a full bottle of this Eau de Parfum.

Katrusya31

another one sexy parfum, I have it and I love it! JPG makes masterpieces.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Classique reminds me Donna Summer's song ''I feel love'' :-)
Classique is such a wonderful juice capable of embracing simplicity and so breathtaking at the same time!
Smells exquisite, luxurious, feminine and so...classique :-)
I purchased it in blind and I can honestly state it was one of the best blind buys of mine ever!
Rose petals with creamy orchid on a soft vanilla base, that composition truly rocks my heart!
I wore it today and in the afternoon, I went to a mall to buy some accessories for my kitchen. I caught myself sniffing my collar and wrists as I was walking down all aisles! People passing by were giving me that strange look but that's what happens if you keep sniffing yourself as if you were in ecstasy, forgetting about the whole world around you. I must have looked like one of these cartoon characters having spirals instead of eyes :-)
I was thrilled with the lasting power and sillage.
Definitely worth trying, a must have for rose, orchid and vanilla lovers!
Great for office, date, family party, shopping day.
All depends on how generously you apply it.
I definitely feel love... :-)

passionata20
passionata20

Men just can´t resist this one! Tons of compliments every time!
But that goes only for EDP or pure parfum.
Can anyone say has it been reformulated? Previously EDP was in a silver tin and matte bottle, but the new edition of EDP is in pink tin and flowers on the bottle. And it smells quite different from what it used to smell. Anyone also noticed that?

Lady Love
Lady Love

(Edp Review)

Jean Paul Gaultier is soo out of this world as his fragrances.. You can love him or hate him but everyone know he will give us sublime scents, far different from what we usually smell..

Intense, Femenine, provocative for girls with sooo much personality and self confidence..

I remember seeing an advertisement image of this perfume, with a beautiful siren calling a sexy sailor.. and i really believe this is the enchanting power of classique..

Fragrance

I got this as a Gift from my hubby today and I'm sooo happy I have this perfume in my collection now. It's sooo elegant, wonderful perfume and actually a true classique..love it...!!!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

This perfume has been intriguing me since 1993, and in 1993 I was 11 years old. It's amazing how perfumes can stay on the market, and be from another decade. This bottle is classic 90's because it's so minimal and not adorned with anything. It's bottle and scent are contrasting. One would think the bottle looks cheap with no cap, but it reminds me of a dress dummy. That's quite vintage and ties fashion into the fragrance. On different people it's either powdery or ambery floral. It's never obnoxious, but it's playful sexy.

Palaila
Palaila

I love it. Thats all i can say.

It was funny, one day i was with this friend, searching for some scents to get....and well...while searching i smelled this one, and at first i was like "bleh too strong or weird smell"...... and i remained with that thought during that while....i got some other stuff and i was apparently happy with my purchase...but once that we were heading home....my friend was drivin in the car and well, we had our bags full of scents and we were talkin about it....but it was something so funny that all the fuc"$#?T road for ovbious reasons to me now, I NEVER COULD STOP SMELLING MY HAND, and well, my friend was like stop smelling your hand seems like youre getting drugged!.....and effectively i was.....the smell ohhhh that vanilla smelll remained to strong and lasted several but several hours....thats when i realized this was my new favorite....and said and told i went back a few days later to purchase it....in the beggining is something strong it made me dizzy way dizzy, but as the scent starts to change....it all changes its something so magical....i feel like the ladies in that gaultier add, holding it like something sacred something magical....nononononono......its something unexplainable, at least to me.......Of course that now all other scents i have lets say, are a bit abandoned....because ive fallen in love of this one, cant stop wearing it or smelling it, anytime i spray it i feel so excited... i widely recommend this scent if you like sweet vanilla nonono...the way it changes the way it remains..hell!!

Wish my pheromones smelled like that naturally, aw..

Fragrance

Tested it today.. very elegant perfume and I'm sooo glad i tried this... definitely going to buy this one...:)

kikinha

I treated myself with this one! Couldn't resist and do not regret paying that much money. It lasts all day and I smell so divine! :-)

sweetlola
sweetlola

After was read so many good reviews, I was test this one ...Wow.. smell good from rose vanila this one of my favourite scents.I love this one more EDT another version. I have plan for buy this one.

Verso
Verso

This was my signature fragrance for many years as I'd never smelled anything else as lovely. I've only just got "into" perfume in a big way, so you can imagine how crushed I was to read Turin and Sanchez's scathing 1-star review in "The perfumes A-Z". I am so glad so many of you Fragranticans agree that this is a beautiful scent.

I think it doesn't matter how many other perfumes I discover I will always come back to this one.

Rich, vanillary, full of amber, a slight sharpness of something alcoholic cutting through the sweetness, and almost a hint of chocolate underneath. I LOVE the rich, warm femininity of "Classique" EDP.

As others have said though, the EDT is completely different.

kikinha

After reading so many good reviews I have decided to try. OMG, there's nothing so sexy and delicious like this one. It is different from de EDT definitely. But just as gorgeous! I am getting a bottle of this as soon as I feel like spending all this money LOL

romrom

I love this one , it's much better then the EDT, its smells a lot better

To clear up any confusion that this review may bring about, I have tried the EDP concentration of Classique, in a woman's torso shaped bottle with intricate, lace-like detailing. From what I've heard, the EDT and EDP are two entirely different scents.

This fragrance is a warm floral. It speaks to me as the essential feminine scent, one that is indeed very classic in its appeal. It does have a rather oriental feel, possibly due to the anise, ginger, plum, vanilla and amber.

Classique is often difficult to describe. It's recognizable in the sense that it's a popular scent, however when worn on the skin it stirs up so many different opinions. I enjoy Classique, I also find it worthy of its acclaim.

This fragrance is heavy, but show me one fragrance that has lasted decades which isn't. It's a mixture of rich floral accords, subtle spices and an interesting creamy sweetness. While I do love this composition, I must admit that the sweetness doesn't work too well with my chemistry.

A wardrobe classic but also perhaps a little overworn, Classique is in my opinion, a love it or a hate it. The same could be said of its male counterpart, Le Male. It's thankfully everything I hoped it would be; sexy, rich, floral and feminine. The perfect fragrance to represent a true woman.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

At first I found the bottle too provocative, so I went away from this one. Fortunately then gave it a chance. I was surprised because of its nice, powdery, warm scent. The rose in this one is amazing, not sour at all. On me the scent doesn't change with the time, has a good sillage and is very long-lasting (8 hours). Now I can tell, the bottle is felicitous, too. This perfume is innocent and coquettish at the same time, like a silk slip...

lucifera
lucifera

this is soo nice i prefer it over the edt, i have to test the strength but im sure it will be just fine ;-)

iris_iris

I'm writing another "review" because I just have to mention something about this perfume that I found couple of days ago.

While surfing the net I saw a review of Classique on some online-shop site. The title of it made me laugh for 5 minutes

"SCENTED VIAGRA"

Hilarious

iris_iris

SEX IN A BOTTLE. Controversial, feminine, dirty, spicy, floral and vanilla sweet. Not old fashioned at all. Different, modern and at the same time, classic and powdery. Garden of roses + independent woman reading disturbing book like "The Brothers Karamazov" where intrigue combines with death, sickness, love, madness, curiosity, betrayal and neverending mystery...

and in background should be played some passionate song like Padam Padam by E. Piaf about which she herself said something that I could say about this amazing perfume:

"This melody you will hear follows me everywhere I go. I hear it when I am sad and especially when I am glad. It seems to mock me for my past sins. It taunts me and it is driving me crazy"

Il parle toujours avant moi...

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

I've worn this one about a half dozen times now. The first wearing, I wasn't crazy about, and was glad I'd only spritzed it on one wrist. The second wearing, I liked it a little more, it was bequiling in a soft sexy kittinish way.

Today, I'm enamored with this soft skin scent. I put it in the crook of my elbow, and apparently that's one of my strongest pulse points. I've had soft whiffs of the scent when I move my arms.

Sometimes I can smell a slight orange note, other times a hint of floral. And always they are paired with the soft caress of vanilla and amber. It almost has a musky scent.

Today, I'm feeling like a sex kitten, ready to purr, enveloped in a soft, warm, inticing fragrance that caresses my senses. It's definitely a scent that will draw someone into you to be able to take in the inviting fragrance. I'm very glad I didn't give up on this one!!!

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

The first impression I got when testing this was that of alcohol. Then it turned into a naphtalene-like, medicinal scent (strikingly close to Shalimar, although this has class, a retro kind of refinement to it). After a while it struck me how it transformed into this sensual, skin-sweet (so close to the skin that you would think it had emanated from it - although not in an arousing, animalistic way), soft vanilla scent. I'm completely in love with it! :X

swedeangel
swedeangel

Oh how i love it! its a very classic,and classy scent - very well made!
Its soft and gentle,sweet but not much,its a peachy powdery rosebud!
The rose,and the orangeblossom is what stands out on me - and that together gives this peachy tone on my skin.
Its a bit more perfumey,a little stronger then the edt,but in most ways the same i think.
ill go for this,not the edt!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

It's adorable!!!

This scent is very similar to the original Classique, just a little drier or deeper? I can't tell the difference as I really don't have a professional nose. But this EDP is still very gorgeous. I'll definitely buy this one if I run out of my Classique.

kugkng
kugkng

Very sensual sweet vanilla ambery pheromone for a lady very sophisticate and glamorous not a daily fragrance better for a night and a cold weather especially in a very special occasion like going on a dating night in a fine dining restaurant with someone special, very deep,darling and long lasting.

alexanna7
alexanna7

This one is well done that i think it could be a nice fairy wedding perfume! I love the romantic flowers they put in the edp: rose.orchid!love the oriental vanilla!there is also tonka,sandal wood,amber,vanilla and rhum essence,it brings that sweet sexyness!That's what you smell,all together:rose,orchid,tonka,rhum essence with a dry down of sandal wood,vanilla and amber! Sexy!

mllefantine
mllefantine

I love perfumes too much to have one, "signature scent" but if I was stuck on a desert island and was going to be stuck with just one scent, this would probably be it. It's the most well rounded scent that I have. I wear it to school, to work, on dates and basically for all kinds of occasions, large and small. Its a wonderful, classy all-around perfume.

Persian Belle
Persian Belle

I received this as a Christmas gift and didn't like it at all, even though it did have sentimental value. I found it too heavy and aggressive. Didn't go with my personality. Eventually I had to give it away.

knics33
knics33

Absolutely divine. Nostalgic, feminine, gourmand... definitely an A in my book. I would love to hear someone's take on the EDT vs. the EDP.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I am so glad fragrantica added the edp too.This one is one of my favourite scents.Just like the name,it is a true classic.A perfect scent for women,and much better then edt.I find the edt to sharp and a bit sour..

Classique Eau de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier 4.22 out of 5 based on 837 ratings and 137 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Classique Eau de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Classique Eau de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.