Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Classique X Jean Paul Gaultier for women

Classique X Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Classique X Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures

Gaultier's classic perfume receives a successor based on gentle orange blossom lying on woody accords. Fragrance Classique X was inspired by Gaultier's collection autumn/winter 2009/10 and was created of glittering, sexy and sophisticated nuances.

Classique X is available as 50 and 100ml edt, in flacons made of matt glass with a transparent X stretching over body of the flacon, while its outer carton is coloured in black with beige details and logo of the brand.

Neck of the flacon features an X pendant. The fragrance has been available since January 2010. Jacques Cavallier is the perfumer.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange

iris African Orange flower Peony

Virginia Cedar Vanille

Classique X Love Actually
Classique X Eau de Parfum
Paradiso Inferno Pink
Passion Fruit, Orange Blossom & Vetiver

Classique X Fragrance Reviews

since a fragrantica member recommended me to try this one,when I was looking for a citrus perfume,I had it in my test list.long time later,I found it in a very good deal and I didn't much hesitate in trying and then buying it for half price.
this is very fresh,like it seems clear from the notes,it almost smells like sprite drinks.but also,it's kinda heavy.bergamot,orange flower and iris are very dominant to my nose and I guess iris causes its heavy and mature smelling.it can even be unisex.so it's not recommendable to young girls looking for a nice new floral fruity perfume with citrus hints!
honestly talking,this is not my perfect type of perfume.sometimes it's sharpness can even make me sick.but I like the way it's different and I'll occasionally wear it during summer.
the long lasting power and sillage are average,which is pretty good for a citrus EDT perfume.but I'm wondering what I am supposed to do with the tach.I've always had this problem with JPG perfumes.I remember I throw away Madam EDP tach,because I thought it's useless.but this one's pretty.so I guess I'll have to remove it everytime I wanna spray and then put it in place.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

One word: Sassy!
A little tart, a little tangy and very citrus. I enjoy it very much. I don't think of this as sexy or classique, as the name and bottle would have you assume, but it is very playful and slightly catty.
I see this catching more attention from women than men, in a way one might ask with narrowed eyes, "Hmmm...what in the world are you wearing? But more importantly, where can I buy it?"

julieekerr
julieekerr

read the profile and purchased without testing. what a mistake. very chemically when first sprayed. reminded me of holiday insect repellent spray. Peppery floral yuck. could not wait to wash it off

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Very much iris and bergamott in this. Kind of heavy and good longvity. Just used up my 20ml that was left finally. Not a perfume i will buy again though. But i will save the beautiful bottle on the shelf :)

magrathea17
magrathea17

oh dear god, this is so beautiful I could literally bathe in it, something like "liquid hope". I only hate the longevity - it´s necessary to reapply app. every 2 hours :(

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

There is quite a lot of tart bergamot in the opening of this version of Classique. In fact, the opening presents a sort of "lime jello" accord that I actually find to be kind of pleasant. As the opening ends, the bergamot begins to fade and the peony and iris begin to peek through. This sits fairly close to the skin. It doesn't blow me away, but is very pleasant. Great for spring and summer, not too strong. Moving into the drydown the cedar really starts to peek out with a hint of dry vanilla. This mixed with the iris and the last hint of bergamot makes for a fragrance that is womanly without being overly sweet, perfect for the office or even a lunch date. It's definitely not as sexy as the original, but it's great in its own right.

shalita87
shalita87

One of my favorites of all time! This draws lots of compliments from men! Sometimes I layer it with Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude. The Nude calms it a little, makes the fragrance more warm and inviting.

polkadot27

It's beautiful fresh & powdery it is clean energizing yet feminine and natural all the while, what more could one want in a fragrance it is great for all occasions and makes me feel feminine and energetic and fresh. This is one of my favorites and by far the best jean paul gaultier fragrance i really dislike the original this one if so different it is so much more lively powdery and just better put together. It is warm natural and has a cashmere feel to it. It is such a pleasant perfume i would give it 9 out of 10 for originality and how long lasting it is. It is a happy perfume i feel it is great for Autumn when the leaves are falling off the trees and there is a sharp coldness in the air.

deviation
deviation

During summer,I was going through a crappy heart break and around that same time I found motherly comfort in the form of Classiqe (Original). Bought it and within a week's time, I started hating the the stench of the Original.

Then couple of month's back, I was shopping around in Sephora, saw this bottle, with least expectations sprayed it on my wrist. After an hour, Oh my! what can I say? Dandelion, Hydrangeas, Carnations, pastel coloured macaroons, pearls, sail boats,sea shells, Star fish, White picket fences, light blue sky, cotton clouds,Firework, summer breeze, sunshine, Lemon tree in the garden, sherbet, Cup cake frosting, Lace curtains, Cotton candies; I can go on and on and on... an epitome of Sheer prettiness and mid summer in one feminine bottle. When I call it pretty, It is not your average pretty like other perfumes that has pink bottle and smells sugar or something like that. This one has depth to its character. When you catch a whiff, you feel like you want more and more and more... Very pretty and Very Posh smelling.

Notes I detect: Peony, lemon and mild powdery.
Not headache inducing.
The ad is misleading.

lucy89
lucy89

I Love this perfume, A soft tangy orange with a floral note, I find this perfume very sexy! There is not much in common with the original JPG. This perfume lasts on my skin 24 hours+ which is wonderful being as the scent is not to strong or overwhelming.

EJ2011
EJ2011

This is my first fragrance review on this site (after lurking for so long with my ever growing collection) and I was forced out of lurking to report on this fragrance. Yes, I think we are all tired yet intrigued by the silhouette flankers by JPG, and I have an addictive tendency which drives me to collect things, this fragrance is one of them. I blindly purchase all fragrances unless it is a previous one I owned. I regret this fragrance and am working on returning it! I did like it but my boyfriend said I smelled of heavy florals, which he knows is not my style. It may work for some just not for me. I do like it, but it's nothing special and worth owning. What I got upon initial spray was an enjoyable blast of freshly citrus, reminding me a little of Satsuma body mist from the Body Shop. That initial citrus blast lasts about 5 minutes then graduates into a nice light floral which lingers on the skin. I sprayed some on my mother on her pulse points and it lingered when she walked by me (of heavy flowers). THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE ORIGINAL WHICH I OWNED WHEN IT FIRST LAUNCHED IN 1993; I was a senior in high school when I first bought the original fragrance and I still own it today, it is nothing like this tamed down light floral citrus essence. For a floral lover this is a nice, enjoyable, everyday fragrance. I love the flanker but can't store fragrances I don't use, despite sexy flanker.

The original is sexy this is mediocre. This is the grandma version of Classique while the original is the hot sexy 20 year old.......just my take on it

Update, sprayed it last night and am still lingering of a nice light floral this morning. Pleasant and great for floral lovers. I am returning this scent today. There is nothing light and delicate about me, I require headturning fragrances.....and this is not one of them

Ms. Cherie
Ms. Cherie

I am acutally wearing this one today and thought to give it a review. It is definitely different than the regular Classique (EDP & EDT). It is lighter and fresher and there is really very little vanilla in it (even though I LOVE vanilla and I LOVE the other Classiques). I find it very long lasting and so only spray a small amount and frequently. To me, this lovely fragrance can be worn all year and at any time of day.

sky74
sky74

The opening is a little too sweet (like sweet and tangy at the same time) but the drydown is very elegant and sophisticated:( I guess it's the cedar) Very French.

KVM
KVM

this perfume starts out with a lovely light lemony citrus smell then come the florals which are pretty strong and headache inducing, they smell like washing detergent such a shame really wanted to like this.

polkadot27

Whenever i wear this perfume i think cashmere, it is just luxurious and the scent its self has a cashmere feel to it, i feel a million dollars when i wear it it is classy and sophisticated and is an office type perfume it makes me feel like a strong sensual independent sophisticated woman, it has the perfect blend of gentle wood and musk with a citrus scent sparking through, it is very light and soft which is slightly disappointing for the price but i believe if it were a heavy strong scent that would ruin the whole feel and impression the perfume gives making it cheap and brass. The lightness adds to the subtly and luxuriousness of it.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I had hoped for more from this one. Sweet and a little bit citrusy in the opening, but disappears within the first hour or two in a puff of baby powder. Doesn't strike me as anything special, either from the scent or from the longevity.

Lakambini
Lakambini

A citrusy, woody, white-floral fragrance, which I am reaching for now that it's spring, though could well be worn year-round. Feminine, long-lasting, and quietly insinuating.

Its resemblance to D&G Light Blue is only in the initial moments. Soon after it deepens into the familiar orange blossom headiness of the original Classique, albeit softer and with a gentler trail, with a breath of vanilla beneath cedar. One or two sprays are enough.

The "X" in the name raised expectations upon its release: that this would be a dirtier, sexual, "X-rated" version of Classique. And of course people were disappointed: Classique X is not a ramped-up take on the original, and to me the name refers to "X Factor" -- that subtle piquant quality surrounding the wearer, not easy to pinpoint, but wholly effective. A perfume for work and play, and might infuse some femininity into a pin-stripy environment.

pbluberry
pbluberry

Another pink bottle of perfume, smells like half a dozen others. Citrus and floral to me. It's ok nothing to be excited over.

blueice
blueice

My favorite JPG scent..fresh and not very sharp or overpowering.The downside: not very lasting.

soulflwr
soulflwr

Ok, I just recently tried this one and the original Classique EDT, both at the same time. And while I absolutely LOVED Classique this one left me feeling bored AND gagged (how about that combo). To me its all about the bergamont and orange flower. I know a lot of fragrances that smell like this one, however this one takes it to a whole.nother.level. WAAY too much of a boring thing.

To me it smells very similar to John Varvatos Artisan, a more feminine version of course. But while Artisan stays fresh and evaporates to a dry base, this one turns muggy and leaves behind a sweet slightly stale and musky fingerprint. I would describe it as orange peels left in a bowl full of fruit loop milk and cigarette ashes (I'm picturing a hotel room here, with the murky morning rays peeping through the curtains, revealing the aftermath of one hell of a night!) Of course I'm exaggerating... but I'm also right lol (just kidding, opinions are not facts!)

So to the nitty. If you aren't into reading long reviews and just want to know whether to take interest or move on, I'll just say this.

Try if you are into fragrances like 212 Sexy, VS Very sexy, Valentino Valentina maybe. You're young (ish) and trendy and prefer perfume that smells like it could be your natural body odor (bc young ladies NEVER stink.)You like citruses and "fresh" musks, and the closest thing to an oriental you'll bother to go near is Armani Code.

I would say skip this one if you like your perfumes bold or at least noticeable. Also skip this if you dislike fragrances that are kind of oily, if you catch my meaning... instead you prefer fragrances that you can sniff without it invading you entire chest cavity.

And lastly, skip it if Bergamont or Orange flower is not your favorite note, and you think that the perfect "fresh fragrance" should just be an ordinary bar of soap.

RedDeLishus
RedDeLishus

This is one of my go-to fragrances. I wear it in the winter and evenings or special events otherwise. I find the perfect amount is two spritzes, one high and on an exposed area of skin and on the small of my back. It is so unique without any outrageousness or being too shocking. You will likely be the only one wearing it making you stand out.
I think it stands on its own in character, but aspects of it do remind me of others, but the whole doesn't. They dry-down I find particularly nice, usually they are too single noted for my taste.

cfevola
cfevola

I will start by stating that this has very little in common with the original JPG Classique. It's a nice scent, but a far cry from its mother.

It's a nice scent, but that sums up about all that I feel about it. It really does smell quite nice, but I never felt that it was very memorable. The citrus note in the beginning often turned a little sour on me, so that could be what's standing in the way of me calling this an exceptional perfume. It had a nice, powdery base, but it didn't last more than about four hours on me, even considering the fact that I had gotten the EDT. Everything about it was just fine and dandy, but I didn't fall in love with it. I got compliments here and there on it, and I liked it just fine, but I probably would not repurchase it, in favor of something that's a little more memorable or sexy on me.

Gaultier ' s orange blossom is really distinctive, and it is lovely in Classique X.
I like Classique X a lot. It is fresh, yet not too fresh, it is a bit fizzy, yet it is lingering nicely on my skin. It has a soft spiciness to it, almost watery spiciness in a way. I enjoy wearing it, in all seasons almost, it is an energizing scent, typical of Gaultier. That version is not as dusty as the original Classique which had too much of a vintage edge. X is fresher, more rounded all around. I find it more interesting than the Omnias, probably more distinctive. A nice Cavallier creation.

natluvly

Aschiffm I love your review of this scent!! I agree with every word.

aschiffm
aschiffm

This smells spicyyy powdery and FIZZY on my skin! It smells SO GOOD and sexy. I know musk isn't listed but it gives a boudoir musky animalic vibe. It reminds me of a spiced up x-rated midnight naughty version of Narcisco Rodriguez For Her Eau de Parfum (pink bottle).

app9
app9

I do not know what to think of this one. I don't feel for Jean-Paul Gaultier and whatever he designs, I've always found his perfumes just terribly tacky, both scent and bottle wise.

But this one, it's really a silent one. It comes and goes, and I don't know whether I like it or not. The powdery part is good. I'm not a fan of the peony in this one, it gives it a bitter edge I don't fancy at all.

But still, I've been putting this on for a couple of weeks now, and it's just so silent I kind of like it. My mother likes it. And if the bottle was any different, I would like it more. But the female torso. Oh boy, oh no no no.

(I got this from my grandpa, so I would like to like it more...)

cookieal
cookieal

hmfr...... :(
i got this in a REAL good discount, half it s value.
the bad news is, that i thought that it was just a limited new bottle of the old classic, which i love....
well, it was not....
so not....
well... it s not bad. just not bad.
light and fresh,a little too harsh for my taste, i have and like noumerous of other perfumes in it s... attitude, only better to my nose: omnia crystaline, chance fresh, angel innocent, beat burberry ,daisy eau so fresh e.t.c.
i wouldn t bye if i knew.
i m being a little prejudiced because i expected something totaly different, but i think i would know if it was a light jewell as the ones i mentioned above.

cecfor
cecfor

One of very few fragrances that I can hardly smell at all on my skin. When I apply enough to smell anything I think there is much alcohol in the beginning. Then a very shy powdery floral which smells very nice, delicate and inoffensive. Drydown is a very faint vanilla. Nothing in this perfume bothers me. Actually it does not affect me in any way. I am totally unmoved despite the delicate powdery smell. That is disturbing. The pricetag where I live is even more disturbing. I will use my mini and leave it at that.

I must conclude now that this is not my type of fragrance. For those who are into light florals though, there is a good chance to like this I think.

aseedat
aseedat

There is an air of surreal translucence and strange whimsy about this fragrance.

I was not a fan of the original version which felt a little too heady for me, come to think of it, not many female JPG fragrances have managed to strike me as "must haves", Classique X however changed all that.(I'm onto my second bottle)

To me the scent is very unique and richly complex. It opens up with a fresh almost vinyl blooming, like a bouquet you'd present to a rock star but takes a detour and develops into something far more mysterious, playful, considered and classy as it dries down.

This is a gorgeous, radiating scent and i don't say that lightly. I don't wear it every day but when i do put it on i am reminded constantly of what a stroke of bliss it truly is.

natluvly

Just received this one last week in a swap and I have to say I am enjoying this one. I love anything vintage in general and this has a slight vintage feel to it but I don't know why nor what it reminds me of. I also love fresh scents, therefore this is the perfect mixture of fresh but vintage and very womanly.

A few reviewers said this is not sexy but I feel just the opposite. This has a sexy edge to it but I can't put my finger on what gives it that edge. Classique X is very light but has presence, it kind of lingers but in a "I don't smell it but then I get a whiff when the wind catches it" kind of way. I think I just realized why this is sexy. It has the scent of a second skin on the wearer if the chemistry is right, the kind that makes passers by or your significant other want to come closer to sniff out the lovely aroma of orange blossom and powder with a hint of something edgy which intrigues the sniffer hee hee. Loving it :)

Edit: Ok, I think this is becoming a favorite just on scent alone, I have not even worn it out of the house yet so I'll update. Just off sitting here sniffing it, there's just something about it that says "Me"!!

KasiaS
KasiaS

This is how perfumes should be made: no super-attractive notes explosions in the beginning, that turn into trivial nothing eventually, but a long lasting, gradually developing quality scent. It is interesting how this perfume manages to be light (extremely light!) and powerful at the same time, especially after several hours. The beginning is so modest that at first I just skipped it and forgot it after 5 minutes. Recently I sprayed it on skin, just because I always re-test, said 'blah, Monsieur Gaultier, qu'est-ce que c'est que ca?!' once again and forgot it rightaway - until after an hour or so my nostrills were attacked by the loveliest, heady smell of vintage body-powder with some lovely sour and floral undertones. It felt like heaven and was GOOD! And it's tenacious as hell, too - I could still get some whiffs of it next day.
I want it!
PS: But be carefull, this is nothing like original Classique, just a very mild smell of soap, body lotion and body powder very craftfully made!
It's not really sexy, but indeed if it was a garment, it would be lingerie with some laces, very intimate and appealing in a dreamy way.

prettifyourself
prettifyourself

The mildest scent I ever sniffed from my growing perfume collection. I love the fact that is light just like an angel's breath! Citrusy & fresh. Glad I bought 100 ml. This may not be my signature scent but I swear I will use this everyday. The scent will brighten up your day & will leave a smile on your face when it starts to dry down into a lovely powdery scent.

*A no brainer scent.
*A must-have!
*Mild yet energizing.

Will I repurchase? Yeah I would love to but I gotta try the mentioned perfumes with similar scent ;) But I might get another stock for this & JPG Ma Dame EDT which is my current favorite.

P.S.
I LOVE JPG Perfume Collections!

Elenkina
Elenkina

I am not a big fan of Gaultier perfumes, but this one attracted my attention. I like it. I like citrus in it. It's light and yet very fresh.

servana
servana

Really love this scent. It's such a beautiful light, fresh, floral scent which could never be deemed offensive. It's a very "pretty" scent. My only qualm with this fragrance is its lack of staying power! 1 hour & it's gone... Furthermore, the sprayer dispenses a lot of liquid & although I've only worn it a few times (this is one of my newest purchases), it seems as if I've used a lot!

So overall I love the scent, but the staying power is disappointing & perhaps I will have to purchase the matching lotion..

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Woah, LEMON! I like it. It's very much a citrus scent that is not suggestive of much else, but if you're into lemon: you can't go wrong.

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

I have wanted Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique for so long that I became impatient and decided to try Classique X instead as a blind buy at a good price. I wish I hadn't - its nothing like what I imagined it to be. I thought it would be a little sexy number - naughty but not a overt as its sister Classique. No, this wasn't even a boring distant cousin. It was just too insipid to be in the same family. Weak citrusy scent that wandered off dreamily within 2hrs to go heaven knows where and just got lost. Won't be looking for her again. Next time I'll just wait for what I really want. I should've listened to other reviewers that had similar tastes.

LuiLui
LuiLui

Love this perfume!
Valentine's Day Gift from my hubby!
So sweet and I am so happy!!! ;)

micklynl
micklynl

I love this, smells really pretty on me. My husband bought it for me for a gift, and though I wouldn't have chosen it for myself, when I wear it I feel happy all day, like I'm walking around in a bubble of summer. : )

varnyte
varnyte

Yes that's me:) I love Jean Paul GAULTIER... OUI GAULTIER...:)) Il est là, je le sens....
I become crazy when I feel Gaultier...:DD

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I wanted to like this. I really did. I thought perhaps I could use it as a summerscent, since the original CLASSIQUE (EDT) is my favorite fragrance.
So I tested it today and my first idea was ... Fanta!
CLASSIQUE X opens with a sugary mandarin smell. It's not unpleasant, certainly not, but well, I don't really want to smell like Fanta.
It's very sweet, but also quite light. And very fake. Nearly all op JPG's fragrances have that fake thing. But in most of them it works. It does not in CLASSIQUE X however.
I sprayed it about 3 or 4 hours ago and all I can smell now is some musk and a slight hint of mandarin.
It actualy has no distinct drydown on my skin. It just stays the same. There's no hint of the wonderful vanilla that makes the original CLASSIQUE so very good.
So no, not for me. At all. I just don't like sugared fruit in a fragrance.

lilou
lilou

I just agree with purrz11. It's too ordinary. I'm disappointed and I prefer other JPG fragrances.

purrz11
purrz11

This smells really cheap and synthetic to me. I can't really make out any notes, just heavy, plastic stench.

Thandar
Thandar

I had the sample of original classique and I love it.But I can't find it anywhere in my regions and so I bought this one.They smell absolutely different and I prefer the original one.This is soapy,floral,light,not spicy and casual for me.But I love it and bought it.

hybiscusgirl18
hybiscusgirl18

Classique X: A classic case of "deception by packaging". Sporting that "X" letter on the can that serves for package and replacing the corset that distinguishes the Classique line, one would expect a "sex in a bottle", outstanding frangrance. However, the truth is different:

A powdery orange blossom based perfume that lasts quite well, Classique X does not enter into the "domina, black leather" sexy kind, but rather into the "nude-color lace lingerie" sexy, which is fine because it creates a lovely " your skin but better" effect; thus, it can be worn for formal environments, for evening or the bedroom.

Perhaps this was the purpose of Classique X: to be a skin of sorts to wear for both the "ready or not here I come" and the "tenderly desirable" groups .

*sophi*
*sophi*

Orange blossoms smell great in this limited edition :)
Worth buying if you like :)

*Jacques Cavallier is the nose behind this lovely floral creation!

whiten
whiten

as soon as I find a nice,cheap deal for it,I'll get it. not worth the price here, but if I can find for cheaper, it is a nice fresh scent. if not, oh well..

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This was a nice light scent, smelled quite clear and floral, more like magnolia to me. As it wears it picks up and the peony makes an appearance, with a nice iris that's not extremely powdery, just soft. The dry down is a slightly soapy vanilla. Nice, but nothing special.

venclips
venclips

HA! this one is great... it's light, calm, feminine and a bit sweet because of vanilla as the base note. great for summer, day and night.

scarletoh
scarletoh

My true love wears 'LE Male' so I was hoping to find a female version of that intoxicating scent. Classique is pretty, but doesn't have the intoxication of it's animus, Le Male. It has a soft, pretty scent that doesn't last too long from a distance, but up close it does linger for a while...

It has a moderness to it, and reminds me a lot of the smell of Jasmine tea (boyfriend noticed this first), and the vanilla and orange notes are my favs.

I prefer more of a fruity gourmand scent, but this one is a nice change. The bergamont note is a nice one and I find it's a note that is in a lot of scents that I like for both men and women.

This is a good scent for work, casual gatherings with friends of family, or a blind date (lol) where you don't want something too overpoweringly sexy, but still want to smell classy and sweet.

anicrys
anicrys

I love this perfume!! I am now obsessed with going and trying on all JPG's collections!! I am super happy I finally found some purfume that I really like!!

cloyd42
cloyd42

clas·sic/ˈklasik/
Adjective: Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

Of the three requirements for something to be a classic this misses on all of them. It's been on the market for a year; it isn't the highest quality; it's certainly not outstanding of its kind. The cheekiness of this sort of pretentious self-congratulation is not the only reason I dislike this stuff but it certainly adds to the dislike. This is an extremely citrusy, bitter woody scent that comes across as a cheaply done vetiver. The florals are anemic and fade almost immediately leaving a medicinal green goo. Add in that it's extremely overpriced and we've got the perfect definition of cashing in on its sibling's earned fame.

Sillage: Perfect for annoying others on the subway
Persistence: 5-7 hours
Fabulosity: Donald Trump
Price to value ratio: lousy

I love the original Classique for women with its delicious oriental feel and sexy floral accords, so when I saw this new Classique X flanker with the raunchy adverstising, I expected something sexier and richer.

I find Classique X a powdery, softer version of Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue. Disappointing actually, as I don't like all those citrusy, lemony accords. It's a mixture of sharp citrus and soapy florals on a rich, woodsy base. Not particularly sexy, but refreshing to say the least.

When it comes to the warmer weather I'd be more tempted to reach for Classique Summer 2010, (which was a lovely soapy and flowery scent), over and above Classique X. I think the intention of releasing this fragrance was to have it appeal to women who were not fans of the original Classique.

Although I don't entirely understand the craze over fruity and citrusy scents, they do tend to sell well and are usually big hits for perfume companies. Despite my dislike for this bitter, uneventful fragrance, I have no doubt that there are some women who are quite enamoured with it.

Although the lasting strength is quite good, I've come to the conclusion that I much prefer Jean Paul Gaultier's orientals and masculine offerings. Classique X has missed the mark with me and left me quite cold and unimpressed.

diana_d
diana_d

this is perfect for a sunny spring day, love the powdery flower notes with a hint of citrus and soft cedar. it just lights up my day, wish it would last longer than 2h on my skin...

Air of Mystery
Air of Mystery

I remember this emerging into the mainstream commercial outlets, albeit only the most prestigious, way back last year. What a first impression! I was IMMEDIATELY drawn to the presentation, but funny thing, I couldn't tell what was inside it!! (cue cringe of cuteness! How aaaah!) So six months later, I seized the chance to buy and lo and behold, surprise greeted me. Looks spectacular, but actually, is soft, gentle, serene, like a quiet winter morning on Primrose Hill, North London, or the church behind my parents' house. Echoes of pussy catkin, and sweet spice. Pleasing.

Trvevil
Trvevil

It really seems to me similar to something I tried recently and I couldn't guess what it was. ~Then I got it. Love by Chloe. While this one is a bit less fresh than Love. Classique X is more floral. Nice. A little bit bergamot is present. Stays long and nice sillage.

pim
pim

At first try I think I like it. I liked the bottle too But when I gave a try on anotherday. I felt that it's too sharp with alcohol and smell bitter of what i don't know. But my daugther like it so I gave it to her it's not bad mmm..

clairdelune
clairdelune

I wore Classique along with every other young woman when it was released lo those many years ago. I knew from reviews that Classique X didn't have much in common with the original, but wearing it today really drove that point home. Putting this scent in another mannequin bottle and trying to butch it up with the black "X" is almost comical to me, because this is an utterly gentle scent (I got the Light Blue thing too Sky).
Classique of course was brazen, formidable and powerful. X is quiet, feminine and almost demure--which is fine. I really enjoyed wearing this scent and am considering getting a bottle if I can find one for cheap. I just think that putting this delicate juice in that tough girl bottle is a serious mismatch and sort of misleading. Regardless, the scent is fresh, citrusy, versatile and very wearable.

TankGirl
TankGirl

This one is my favourite among all the Classique versions. Its classic yes, but has a modern edge that is more appelative that the Classique edt/edp. Absolutly seductive in a innocent way. I love the composition, on my skin its pure orange flower gourgeously blended with bergamot, exactly how you want it to be, and dont need anything else. A warm clean scent, perfect to dress a naked skin. It lingers for ages on skin and clothes. I would say its a great bedtime scent, makes you feel beautifull and feminine. To use in winter time, on romantic dinners also. Its not outstanding, loud or a sex bomb. Its a gracefull, silky scent. All ages can wear it and I think its a nice smell for men too because its so clean. If you are looking for something simple, clean and white but not dull or boring, this is it.

sky76sky
sky76sky

X is nothing like the JPG scents I have tried or owned before &, in contrast to its familiar shape & mysterious abstract name, it is as gentle & a summer's breeze & as innocent & natural as a lamb.

X is a fairly light-weight, airy scent that hangs around for a decent length of time with a polite sillage.

It starts with a sharp opener of gentle citrus peels, alcohol & bergamot - a touch bitter & very refreshing, similar to a gin & tonic.

The heart is fluttering & light - a warm wind wafting thistledown over a brook where dappled sunlight falls. Very natural, prettily floral, the orange blossom taking the back seat whilst the iris sways & takes centre stage, framed by the slight warmth of light, bright vanilla.

Luckily, X never becomes too powdery, too sweet or over-floral, but remains gentle, feminine, softly-fresh & almost fizzy from the addition of cedar.

It is akin to Light Blue in nature, but X has a stillness, a calm, cool, natural, womanly edge that sets it apart. For someone who admires depth, power & strength in a fragrance & who tends to prefer oriental & woody scents this one took me by suprise.

For me, it is a "strong like" for this very gentle, reserved perfume. Perfect for warm, balmy, lazy days. Thank you Nathalie for the introduction!

Manya2
Manya2

I don't know how it happenned, but after twenty minutes the gorgeous, powdery orange blossom scent on my wrist turned sour and aquatic! It smells like a cross between Miss Dior Chérie L'eau and L'Eau de Cartier :/ Not bad, but not what it promised to be...

Linda NZ
Linda NZ

This fragrance is divine. Apparently Stella Peony is not going to be available soon, and because JPG X in black, still has the base not of Peony, it does the business for me.

orchidlover
orchidlover

It reminds me Gucci Envy me, but JPG is better.
Less floral than Gucci (but I smell peony), and a bit powdery (soft,baby powder not a strong one) and a little sweetness. Not a pinky-girlish fragrance. It is a stylish,fresh,young and sexy perfume, ideal for summer.
Definitely there is not citruses in it, and it doesn't has nothing common with DG Light Blue.
Usually I don't like JPG's perfumes but this is a masterpiece, I love it.
Lasting power is not excellent but it lasts some hours at least on me.
I'd like a bottle from it.

delphine67
delphine67

I really love this one. Its fresh in the beginning and ends powdery with some iris. This one is better for me then the original Classique

zvoncica
zvoncica

Here is how Classique X smells: fresh and polite in the way of Bvlgari Omnias are. Tranquill and gentle as L`occitane perfume lines. Polite and wearable as gorgeous sophisticated ladies Lancome produces. It is shy spring butterfly, sun tanning at the lake shore, and noon lunch at your mother in laws house.

Here is how Classique X should have smelled: like darkest spell in Magie Noir, the dirtiest car repair shop in Bvlgari Black, like rusty spice in old, biting, provocative Classique. It should have been the crow under full moon, storm whirling above the waters, and making love on mothers in law lunch table.

I hate to see rebel perfumistas mainstreaming.

Rock´n´roll
Rock´n´roll

Really nice and fresh, but nothing special about it... reminds me of D&G Light Blue...
Would be a great summer scent.

izzie07
izzie07

Tried this and did not care for it at all. Perhaps it was the Iris I don't know but it was kinda of old fashioned smelling to me.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I haven't tested it on my skin but its very light and airy and powdery, its like they took out all the spicy soapy oriental parts of the original and left only the floral parts and this is to get new customers who didn't like the original. I will try it on my skin, but I like the original so I will try not to be bi-est.

It's a nice soft smell and I don't find this similar to the other JPG fragrances, because this one is so much more fresh and light.

vertigo
vertigo

I don't agree.
I don't find it similar to any of JPG fragrances, far away from the original.
I'm not the fan of the original edp, but I quite like the edt.

This one is very simple - a lot of citrus and orange flowers. Nothing really innovative. But lovely! Provided that you like these notes :)
Doesn't have a strong sillage or staying power.
Could be nice for spring and summer days - light one!

LenaBel
LenaBel

First of all I have to say I am not being friends with JPG fragrances and although I adore the designer, I always reach for the beautiful bottles with hope that I will like the scent but put them down with a wrinkled nose. Classique X is similar to other JPG creations (maybe a bit lighter) which appear stuffy and unpleasant to me as i can smell mainly alcohol and sharp flowery scent. It is similar to Prada's fragrance also featuring orange flower. If you like Classique, this could be your summer version.

Classique X by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.71 out of 5 based on 369 ratings and 70 user reviews

Classique X Collection
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER CLASSIQUE X for WOMEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ COLLECTION TESTER
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER CLASSIQUE X for WOMEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ COLLECTION
Gift Set 1.6oz
Boots.com
48.50 GBP
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X Eau de Toilette 50ml
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X Eau de Toilette 50ml
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X Perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Classique X Collection
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER CLASSIQUE X for WOMEN by Jean Paul Gaultier SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ COLLECTION EDT .11 OZ MINI LIMITED EDITION
Sephora.com, Inc.
Jean Paul Gaultier CLASSIQUE X 1.6 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Jean Paul Gaultier CLASSIQUE X 1.6 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
BeautyBar.com
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X Eau de Toilette
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X Eau de Toilette

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Classique X by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Classique X by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.