Designers » I-K » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

dislike

I have it: 814 I had it: 234 I want it: 337 My signature: 22

herbal
Fleur du Mâle Jean Paul Gaultier for men Videos
Fleur du Mâle Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Fleur du Mâle Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Fleur du Mâle Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Fleur du Mâle Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures

Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Fleur du Mâle was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian. Top note is petitgrain; middle note is neroli; base notes are chamomile and basil.

Petitgrain

Neroli

Chamomile Basil

Oesel
Molinard Homme II

Fleur du Mâle Fragrance Reviews

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Has the same synthetic plastic top notes as KOUROS mixed with powder and cloyingly sweet flowers. Im pretty adventurous when it comes to cologne, but I just can't do this one. It's too weird and synthetic. Its all over eBay for $25-$35, discontinued but not hard to find. If this is your thing, go for it.

essenzion
essenzion

La sottise, l'erreur, le péché, la lésine,
Occupe nos esprits et travaillent nos corps,
Et nous alimentons nos aimables remords,
Comme les mendiants nourrissent leur vermine.

Nos péchés sont têtus, nos repentirs sont lâches;
Nous nous faisons payer grassement nos aveux,
Et nous rentrons gaiement dans le chemin bourbeux,
Croyant par de vils pleurs laver toutes nos taches.

Sur l'oreiller du mal c'est Satan Trismégiste
qui berce longuement notre esprit enchanté,
Et le riche métal de votre volonté
Est tout vaporisé par ce savant chimiste.

C'est le Diable qui tient les fils qui nous remuent!
Aux objets répugnants nous trouvons des appas;
Chaque jour envers l'Enfer nous descendons d'un pas,
Sans horreur, à travers des ténèbres qui puent.

Ainsi qu'un débauché pauvre qui baise et mange
Le sein martyrisé d'une antique catin,
Nous volons au passage un plaisir clandestin
Que nous pressons bien fort comme une vielle orange.
-Charles Beaudelaire, Les fleurs du mal

It's truly for poète spirit! Neither you love or hate, you surely be noticeable!!!!

frogiforu5
frogiforu5

Wanted to like it but after several attempts, could not. Too much of a high end supper club bathroom urinal cake smell. There`s just something about walking around smelling like a clean urinal that`s hard to get over. That being said, this is the absolute best bathroom spray ever... neutralizes odors in a flash (including freshly used cat litter box scents) and keeps the room smelling clean for hours... I would actually buy this just to use as a bathroom spray... my cat also approves.

garett
garett

WOw man , i love it.

How it smells - like flowers yea , and little hints of original le male.

Flowers in this feel like jasmine or some other white flowers ( not rose).

Also it feels dry and far from aquatics.
A wee bit of vanilla also it may give you.

It is a linear scent , doesnot change much which could be noted.

And longevity is monstrous , projection is insane.

Call it gay etc , whatever , but it is on my wish list.
The next perfume i buy is this without any objection.

Henrythe9th
Henrythe9th

This is one of me secret favourites. Flowery, yes, fresh, just a bit sweet and a good performer. Great in spring or early autumn.

I do not care that some find it not being masculine enough. Unisex? A male scent, but for the intelligent and sophisticated souls out there. This is for the modern mature man (regardless of age) that doesn´t have to prove himself each and every time.

Try it first if You are not sure it´s for You. Personally I do not think it is for anyone. But if it is for You, it will be great. Because that is what Fleur du Male is. So far (Since early 2012) only positive responses från ladies. When in that mood, I love it. 8/10.

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

Ok, I have no idea what compelled me to blind buy this online but I am sooooo glad I did. After reading many reviews saying this could pass as a unisex perfume, I felt somewhat more confident that I wouldn't blatantly smell like a man (I love feminine colognes!). After an hour of research I hit the Buy It Now button on eBay and almost slapped myself for spending $50 on a 75ml fragrance I'd never smelt, I'd not even smelt Le Male so I had no idea what to relate it to.

Upon opening the tin, my heart was racing with both excitement (duh new fragrance) and nervousness (because it could be a let down), however from the first spray i just kind of sighed in happiness or euphoria, I cant tell which one. I was impressed with its power, a spray on each wrist and one in the middle of my chest was enough to envelope me in a delicious orangey, smoky, herbal and somewhat powdery blanket.

The first thing I thought to myself was "Oh my god, its Joop Homme with citrus" and it is so similar but so different that it baffles me. If I were to directly sniff my wrist, it's just a jumbled and synthetic mess. However, just by simply doing your regular daily chores or sitting down relaxing, the wafts of this scent are so beautiful.

I definitely wouldn't call it feminine, its a men's fragrance through and through, but the neroli and chamomile are so delicious together that you just don't care what the hell you've sprayed on yourself. It's been 20 minutes and I'm in absolute love, I will update on the longevity when I've had a proper wear of it. But for now, all I can tell you is to try it, because I don't know how anyone (male or female) could hate this scent.

UPDATE
The next day I tried this was a lot cooler than the first, and I almost gagged at the smell of it, it was almost unbearable. FDM does not work in cool weather! It needs to be a warm spring day with the perfect temperature for one to truly capture its beauty. I feel that vanilla is definitely a note in this, as its so prominent in the dry down, however its a bright, citrusy type of vanilla. Like an orange muffin or lemon friand, and that's honestly a great way to describe how it smells on me.

Longevity is great, about 7 hours and sillage is heavy for the first 2 hours. I've received compliments from a few people, and my mother who can always tell when I'm wearing cologne had no idea. I'm really lucky that I have good chemistry with male scents as they always smell feminine on me.

K1
K1

I’m not fond of Le Male series but the first time I tested Fleur du Mâle I tossed all my discrimination against Le Male away and smelt it deeply and independently apart from Le Male mood, and review it in my mind like it’s a scent scattered from nowhere. Today I got a free sample and it’s a nice opportunity to try it thoroughly without shop disturbing (I’m so notorious in malls)!
This is beyond fragrance. I really love the sun-dried orange blossom smell duet with chamomile. This is a poetic sharp white herbal fresh romantic fragrance. Masterpiece in literal meaning cause seems it’s made out of the nose’s personal inclinations. Something personal and characteristic, something mastery and identical waves in every molecule of it. I’m really happy to get a sample, next step is Le Male itself maybe it gives me chance to test correctly. Fleur du Mâle is floral, simple yet impressive, masculine, bold and erotic.

afy
afy

I was expecting somethig really different but this is citrus bomb far from flowery notes. Meh so so. Not recommended

lvxifer
lvxifer

For the designer's fragrance,mastepriece under the spell of the famouse Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du mal,but also De Sade's 120 days of sodomy.posch honey floral soap with juicy virgin urine undertones.very uncommon,great for libertines.light application is necessary.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Although I like (not love) Le Male since it's a dangerous fragrance...dangerous in that I sense every female wanting to molest me whenever they get a whiff of this fragrance blended with my manly testosterone and pheromones; the ladies loves this stuff. I sense this same danger while wearing Fleur du Male. Of course, the danger is from getting my ass-kicked, lunch-money taken, and man-card revoked. I just don't feel this is a very manly scent. (LOL)

Okay, I kinda like this fragrance (a Fleurry type of La Male) and it is certainly unique, well-done and reasonably priced. However, it's just too powdery and fleurry for my tastes. A definite try, try and try again before you buy. Oh, just like Le Male this bad-girl projects like a beast and lasts a long time.

I agree with those who view this as unisex but also it is more niche-like as well, being that it is focused on a small number of notes (and it's reasonably natural smelling). Beyond the fleeting top notes, which I mostly try to avoid, there is a powdery/floral quality along with a "dirty" muskiness that is like vintage Kouros diluted many times. The tonka overload you might expect from a Gaultier scent is not present but there is a mild vanillic quality though this is not one I'd call sweet; it isn't especially dry either. Overall, I'm impressed by this one even though I'm not a huge fan of this note combination or composition. Perhaps it will grow on me over time.

UPDATE: Over time I seemed to be enjoying it more and more. The texture is like a very thick syrup. Prices seem very reasonable now, so this is one to sample for those who like this sort of idea.

edson.rocha.50
edson.rocha.50

Obra prima da perfumaria mundial, realmente tem um aroma que pode não agradar a todos, mas quando agrada é simplesmente apaixonante.

Anosmic
Anosmic

Powder. Powder. Powder. It smells like a woman's stick deodorant. I don't find it offensive in any way, and in fact it smells okay, but it is definitely not masculine.

jtd
jtd

Looking back, Francis Kurkdjian’s Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Male marks a time when Kurkdjian was pivoting his career from work for designer labels and the more rarified niche lines to his own line. Fleur du Male was released in 2007. 2009 saw the first perfumes from Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

Designer, but with a twist, Fleur du Male Fleur du Male matches and surpasses the Gaultier brand which had beaten its enfant terrible schtick to death and by this time had become its own catch phrase. Kurkdjian breaths new life into a tired marque and gives Gaultier a perfume that speaks to his base while also attracting new buyers. Technically a flanker, Fleur was released 12 years after le Male, also by Kurkdjian for Gaultier. Matching the Gaultier sensibility, Fleur du Male is an effusive fragrance that speaks with waving hands and superlatives. Any lack of enthusiasm I have for the Gaultier’s brand in general, is sidelined by Fleur du Male. Daring and lovely, it’s a strong statement that breaths some beauty back into a dull mainstream masculine market.

The fougère makes it masculine, the huge orange blossom note makes it fey, the locker room sensibility makes it gay. It feels boisterous and affable, typical of the fougere genre. The enormous floral flourish ties in with a sweaty, steamy locker room vibe. The result is a fragrance tailored to the gym queen sensibility of the 1990s and early millennium. It feels as if it was intended to target a middle-aged gay set who remember the 1990s nostalgically as a time when gyms were the new bars, steroids surpassed poppers and the cruising took place in the showers showers more than the dimly lit bars of the previous decades.

The perfume bottle is recognizable from le Male and both are derived from the Schiaparelli Shocking bottle (1937 ). It is a sort of trophy, a nude Oscar, a robotically idealized male form in white. It's a nod to the clone look/life that fits hand-in-glove with gym queen-dom. It gives the impressions of some sort of fetish, in all senses of the word, at the same time that it looks like an insertable sex toy. Where it's easy to dismiss the cheap eroticism of the le Male bottle, the same shape has a new meaning in Fleur du Male. The white marble-like bottle, a young male nude in a standing pose, is a salute to the kouros. The perfume it contains, a musky, orange blossom fougère, is a nod to YSL Kouros, its predecessor. Nice touch.

Fleur du Male hints at some of Francis Kurkdjian's later work for his own line where woody, spicy and floral notes were used to bend traditional forms to convey more contemporary tastes. The allure of recognizable classical perfumery draws the wearer closer and then comes the twist, the surprise. It's a smart, successful use of the 'change from within' strategy, a that trend continues in Kurkdjian's own line.

kanak
kanak

Fleur du Male is the only flanker that is in the same league as vintage le Male. Francis Kurkdjian, one of my favorite perfumers, has managed to keep the heart and soul of his original classic intact, while giving the whole thing a fresh, summery, twist with the neroli and chamomile. He succeeded wonderfully here while some of the other flankers have been atrocious to put it mildly. Living in a tropical country, vintage Le Male, projection monster that it is, comes into my rotation for only a couple of months each year in the cooler winter months. It quickly becomes too cloying in the heat the rest of the year. Fleur du Male on the other hand is a wonderful, easy going fragrance that is just fine anytime of the year. Anybody looking to get into masculine florals, this is a good place to start. It is versatile enough to be a good unisex fragrance as well in my opinion. Projection and longevity, while not insane like the original, is still pretty good. I put it on in the morning and I can still smell it on my clothes at the end of the day with about 4 sprays. It has been discontinued and is getting harder to find so if you come across a bottle, grab it. Even if you dont like it, chances are you can flip it easily because there will always be demand for this little gem. I like it a lot. 8.5/10

hanzaw116
hanzaw116

I bought this in the winter, because I know it's a heavy one and was hoping to wear it through the cold. It worked. But as spring came, I sensed a different quality to it and it's a more fitting spring scent.

It does not sit on the gender border, but it's very close to it, in my opinion. Women could wear it also. The name is the most appropriate for the fragrance. You wear this and you become this walking man of a flower. The guy in the poster is a perfect visualization of the fragrance. Its masculinity is not the modern macho type, but rather the artistic, romantic, sensual type of the Greek gods (or their statues). I'm gay and it does not scream gay to me, trust me. It's the kind of masculinity that women appreciate in guys but guys deliberately try to avoid. You have to be very confident and comfortable in your own mascuinity to wear it.

What does it smell like? In a nutshell, it's the smell of freshly rained on earth of springtime. But instead of water, the rain was white flowers in liquid form, and that earth has been crushed to fine power. It feels like wearing that special powder as your halo or lying on a bed of it. It's very natural but feels magical. I'm in love with this. It projects very well and lasts the whole day. The sprayer does a very good job, so don't overdo it. It can be too much of a good thing if you overapply.

mildspicej17u55l

I just reviewed this but i wanted to comment on the advertising for this. I think they could have done better with the advertising. From looking at it, it look like they tried to make it look like a men's take on Cacharel's Anais Anais. If you compare the Anais Anais advertising and the Fleur Du Male advertising, you'll see what I mean.

mildspicej17u55l

I always wanted a bottle of this. Lucky for me, i found it in ross today for $35.00 and snagged this. This was a blind buy but since i loved this original le male, i had faith in it. I was correct. Again, very different, not like any men's cologne ive ever smelled. Its nice to find different scent other then your standard citrus aquatic or spice nightmare. Its light and fresh. Very sexy and a pleasure to wear.

renzo77
renzo77

I get this because I knew the smell is a perfume I like to match the best buy no nonsense as bvlgari armani or anything that does not last is throw silver, jean paul is best discounts ebay ebay thanks

APJ
APJ

This is an amazing unisex fragrance. Period. Monster silage and longevity.
If you're too "macho" to wear this, you should try azzarro pour homme!

jkdienes
jkdienes

Baby powder from start to finish on my skin. Wanted to love this, realize it's beloved, but I'm not kidding when I say it's as if I dowsed myself with baby powder.

krmarich
krmarich

I first sampled this in 2007 at Sephora and it was love at first sniff. Neroli and sweet orange blossom everywhere. This was my holy grail fragrance. It was very expensive at the time and I was using Rive Gauche PH every day. I decided to wait until it came down in price.

Then to my horror, I discovered it was discontinued! GASP!!! I found a 4.2 OZ. new bottle for around $40 online. Everything about it is museum quality. The canister, the bottle and its precious contents.

This came out during the last glory days of perfumery. JPG was introducing make-up and skirts for men. Why not a large white floral? ;-)

The floral for men is nothing new. Habit Rouge, Grey Flannel and Insense were but a few that were successful. They raised no eyebrows. Men want to smell nice and it doesn't get any better than this. Oh, yes FDM has cajones and is not for the ladies.

JPG was no stranger to controversy. He is L'Enfant Terrible. This is his masterwork and nothing will ever touch this epic creation.

I gave a few sprays since I am home alone. This easily fills the whole house and can last a few days. I always felt there was much more than the tree above. I get lemon, green herbs, mint, clary sage, bergamot, petitgrain and neroli at the opening. Then comes a heady parade of jasmine, lily of the valley, white rose, chamomile and sweet orange blossom.

There is this creamy honey milky lusciousness that froths up like bubble bath. Baby powder? I get some vanilla, coumarin, sandalwood and amber at the closing. I swear there is a little vetiver and oakmoss in here too! Its so well blended that its difficult to analyze it. This is basically Le Male with the flowers at full throttle.

It was as polarizing as Kouros and as notorious as Le Male. With restriction within the industry, I didn't expect something this epic to last. I suggest those curious enough to get a bottle before its gone forever.

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

This is a well-made fragrance. Undoubtedly, an exceptional one.

Fleur du Male is a retro-sensual-masculine fragrance, yet rather unusual and unexpected. Definitely a modern and daring fragrance with the old-school refinement.

Thanks to its cacophonous accord of bright & sparkling citrus, masterfully mixed with the refreshingly crisp yet piercingly bitter green notes, along with the herbal-aromatic accord. Uncommon, yet delightfully lovable and charming.

Phényl
Phényl

Le Mâle for grown up. The famous signature is here, with an incredible longevity, which is preceding by melancholy flowers. He has lost is innocence which gives him more depth, and more endearing ?

Le Mâle pour adulte. La célèbre signature est là, d'une longueur incroyable mais précédée par des fleurs mélancoliques. Il a perdu de son innocence et ça le rend plus profond, et plus attachant ?

elda white petals
elda white petals

ohhhhhhh....amazing amazing amazing!!!!!! l tried it today for the first time l don't belive l discover such a masterprice flowery men's fragrance!!! Never smelled something like that before ...its unique , very different in a strange good way!!!! ON my WANT LIST and l don't care if my husband doesn't like it...After trying today more than 20 mens perfume (for a gift)on my hands and pieces of papers ....in the moment l smelled this one ,l dropped all the pieces of papers in my bag !!! l was glad l was no wearing perfume today and sprayed it all over me. l think maybe a little bit unisex in the first minutes because a lot of flowers l smelled ....but NOOOO...this one is masculine ...yes the drydown is amazing and very masculine !!! this smell seduction , if l smell this one in a man ,he will draw fur sure my attention!!! Don't be afraid to wear flowery perfume especially in a date...this one is like a hidden woman's magnet in your pocket!!! what to say about sillage and longevity???? after 9 hours l am wearing it....no words only 10/10

orestes

Unfortunately discontinued! another one STUPID desicion in frangrances community!

smoj
smoj

pure monster of a frag. the first 2 hours it kept on become stronger and stronger.

as for the smell, i am not a fan of le male, but this is actually very nice, i think, right now 4-5 hours since i put 2 squirts on my hand in the shop, it has turned into a bitter version of le male, i.e not so powdery.

im still not sure if i should get it or not, especially for a summery scent.

terlanjurgagah
terlanjurgagah

got a 10ml split for this. spray over my chest and shoulder. the scent lasting more than 2 days on my shirt and imo, it smells just like versace dreamer with soft tobbaca.

ewan_cyrano
ewan_cyrano

This is my signature scent for the spring...

The smell of flowery and sweet at the same time... but in a masculine way... And also less powdery... The dry down it reminds me about Le Male... Nowadays, you can't easily get it from the store... Have to purchase it online...

emilianods75
emilianods75

OMG what a hot invitation to the act of love. Men smell like aphrodisiac with this. I absolutly adore it! My husband is so manly and rough with this that I just want to be eating from his neck. Floral, sweet, dark and pasionate!

vgd
vgd

Like arabian perfumes, strong and dark. I cant venture to wear it in the outside. It s a well done cheerful perfume to using at home for me.

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

big dislike .
it is for who just look for longevity .

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

With the bitter cold gripping the US, I picked this up today, hoping for an early spring. On me, the top notes are flowery, but not too sweet. The dry down is similar to Le Male. 8 hours of longevity with medium sillage. I really like this juice and can't wait for spring and summer to wear it. 9/10

Roman86
Roman86

This is definitely flowery with some sweetness in the background. I was expecting something much sweeter but the sweetness is subdued and balanced. This is a daring fragrance for sure and you can't care what anyone has to say about it. Definitely not for the choir boys unless they're up to some mischief. This is for someone that is up to no good but under the guise of playing by the rules. I can definitely see why this is discontinued because it's a rather flamboyant fragrance.

jovejove

Just so people aren't given the false hope, it is discontinued, just that it's on sell through. It's still fairly attainable many places, but it's no longer in production, so they're trying to sell through what inventory they have (thus why you can still find it places online, including the jpg website). This discontinuation also includes the beauty/skin care line and eau du matain, despite the availability of it online or in certain stores.

You can take the Thierry Mugler beauty line for example too; still available and advertised online, but it's been globally discontinued since the spring. You can only find bits and pieces of the line now, yet it's still available, just on sell through.

orestes

livio unfortunately discontinued,in official site fleur de male inscription,contains only 75ml e.d.t.The125ml bottle disappeared,j.p.g. official site sale only 75ml from stock.In greece easy you can find 75 & 125ml eau de toilette and eau de cologne,also in strawberrynet you can find it

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

It could be a important fragrance if the floral scents had a better development...

sometimes it reminds me the female "Classique" in a men's bottle... and closer to other great florals Classique smells too much simple..

PS: jovejove said he was working for JPG until September. He said Fleur du Male is not being produced since october of 2012...
So now it is time for crying guys! Anyway, if you miss fleur, use classique... It smells almost the same... and perfume doesn't have xx or xy cromossomes! So who cares if you are using a feminine. Be yourself! Do what you like!

100CAN

I'll miss Fleur it was one of my signature scents :((

jovejove

Yes, it has been discontinued. They discontinued it when Beau Male came out. It is unfortunate, but that's what happens when companies focus so much on their pillar brands. They neglect the other fragrances and as a result, they are discontinued. I'm interested to see what Puig does with Gaultier when it changes hands.

100CAN

Is it true that Fleur du Male discontinued?

Robert McGill
Robert McGill

I like the longevity and sillage of Fleur du Male. This is not a versatile fragrance for me; not many places I would wear it to. In it I detect a hint of the original Le Male's dna. This is definitely unisex. Neroli tends to dominate but after 2 hours I begin to get many other flowers. At this point it reminds me of Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino. I find the dry down a little dirty but it's certainly a keeper for my collection. This is so different. My personal rating would be 7/10.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

لطافت یک مرد را برای دیگران یاد آوری میکند و آرامش را برای حس کنندگان سردی خوش آیندی را توصیف میکنید.

jackderipper
jackderipper

This is a very unique scent for sure. It´s a dirty and very heavy floral scent that sticks to my skin for +12 hours. Best in spring IMO, but you must go easy on the trigger, I think that with 3 sprays on the back of your neck you´re set to go. I like the scent but I think I won´t replace it when is gone, too heavy and not very versatile enough.

orestes

In my opinion the best men perfume the house jpg create ever! imparts an incredible feeling clean! is timeless one of the greatest successes in the field of perfumery! i hope never refolmulated.....

Frag
Frag

I enjoy the top notes, I like orange blossom. I also enjoy its power and longevity. Sadly, after a while, it turns mainly into a sweet vanilla scent on me, which, whilst not bad, is not quite what I'm after.

A good scent that may appeal to men who enjoy softer, floral, sweeter scents, younger men and women. There is a risk of it getting a bit annoying with repeated wear, which is what happened to me.

zaetown
zaetown

Gave this bottle to my wife so now she owns it and it smells so great on her but awful on me,im not a softy type of guy so it doesnt suit my personality so if you are not a manly man i think you will pull this off, just not for a man like me.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Nice aromatic neroil green/floral frag, has sweetness, too feminine for straight men, that is why figure dressed in white like a bride. The longevity is amazing 12 hrs +

nadiraydin
nadiraydin

A noteworthy fragrance, which is probably not for beginners.

Don't expect a "love at first sight" scent. I had tried it four different times before and i hated it. But now i love it. First thing you should know, do not overspray it. And give it some time.

From top to base, it's not changing that much. You get a bitter orange blossom, chamomile, some other white/green florals and that powdery-creamy feeling. You slightly get some vanilla in middle and base. BUT don't think Fleur du Male is a feminen scent. All floral notes are kind of bitter, actually indolic... That makes it somehow masculine and attractive.

Just spray 1 or 2, maximum 3 times on your body before you wear your clothes and let it wave around you softly.

Projection power is good. And longevity... It can stay with you more than one day!

pjd1234
pjd1234

My take on Fleur du Mâle Jean Paul Gaultier first off the bottle says it all white, fresh, pure, floral, clean. I do get lots of mixed flowers on this one I mean lots of it makes me think that this is a womens perfume and I believe that this one leans towards the feminine side. I don't think real macho men will wear this one do you imagine THE ROCK WEARING THIS PERFUME lol a man with a softside suits it very well. The scent does not really evolve that much either i get a mixed of different flowers chamomile and petigrain i guess dominates the fragrance til the end of the scent mixed flowers is all i get. i believe that there are more notes not listed. My imagination whenever i smell this scent is firstly im at a funeral that freaks me out everytime i smell it that scene comes first to my mind, second im in a garden full of different flowers cold breeze blowing fresh and pure. Overall a totally different take on a mans fragrance or is it really for a man? A FLORAL BOMB SCENT for men metro sexual is what i call it.

longevity 8-10 hours even longer at times 9/10

sillage projection moderate to strong 8/10 it does project but i don't think you don't want this thing projecting this is a scent suits a moderate sillage i think.

uniqueness very unique 8/10 for a mans scent they branded it for males so this scent is unique for males indeed but females can also use this one for sure.

overall smell 8/10 for me its a good scent im not very overwhelmed about it its not bad either i rather like it or dislike it im neutral on this one. Quality is top notch i don't find it synthetic very natural
floral smell.

price vs quality 9/10 indeed quality perfume very natural smelling nothing synthetic not that expensive either fairly priced.

versatility cold weather scent day or night suits it very well.

fooluae
fooluae

i just buy it without smell

its on sale

man smell so gross and cheap
worst smell i ever out on my nose

even no one like at here
even my worker that even dont have perfume
i give him perfume to smell sayed free for u when he smell it he dont even like it too hes face like saying what grossy smell

i dont know about u guys what these about it smell like rely cheap indian shave thing rely gross

hansito

@Foxmulder_FBI : thank you so much but as you know sometimes people's review are out of this world and we do not want to be nasty nor mean about it. LE FLEUR DU MALE is a exquisite divine masterpiece and as the name says: FLEUR/FLOR/FLOWER (French/Spanish /English) is a flowery fragrance and nothing like this. AMAZING AND I LOVE IT.

Smyle12

Funny, Johnny19, I feel like I summed up quite a bit of your own review of this amazing fragrance... without even reading it until just now. Spot on, my friend! Spot on!!! :D

Smyle12

Smells divine. Fresh and floral although it's nowhere near as strong as the original Le Male once was ten years ago! Four sprays is FINE. Projection is about arm's length and done just right. In the longevity department, I get at least 12 hours. To my nose, this smells a bit like Gualtier Squared (which I LOVE), however the extreme vanillic-amber sweetness of that fragrance is tempered with a natural, fresh, green, and floral vibe, as well as beautifully soft, and not overstated, powder with hints of musk. In other words, I absolutely adore it!!! Sensuality at its finest! My girl doesn't like it, but I have a feeling she may come around. She's only smelled it on me once, after I first received it, and a fragrance like this one doesn't fit inside most people's traditional paradigm of masculinity, but damn, is it ever... GORGEOUS!!! With a little shaking of the bottle, the scent seems to open up with the fresh green notes I mentioned above. To me this fragrance also has this semi-gourmand-like root beer and milk thing (which actually smells great!) going on, but that might be attributed to the small amount of DNA it shares with it's father, the stalwart, Le Male. This is aroma therapy for the wearer of Fleur du Male at the very least, and a near-perfect 9.5/10 in my book.

Modern Masculinity Redefined 9.5/10

UPDATE: I get a distinct leathery note in this fragrance which I rarely detect in other scents that purportedly contain "leather". Reminds me a little of the smell of the Nappa leather inside my Audi.

foxmulder_FBI

@Hansito... this review deserves balloons for giving credit to a great fragrance and for the use of 'otorhinolaryngologist'. Bravo.

hansito

WTF? there are a few comments here making a comparison between this master piece and Joop!? No offense guys but you need to get an appointment with your otorhinolaryngologist ASAP, you have your senses messed up! Fleur Du Male is a floral sweet fragrance unique and I haven't smelled anything like this in the market. Amazing, long lasting and inviting.

williamvargas
williamvargas

pretty potent stuff, a little too sweet for my tastes but I can see the appeal. I tried some today and the comments where more of what woman is wearing perfume? so sort of caught between both worlds..
so maybe not a scent that I can use for myself. however it is a quality fragrance.

ian85
ian85

Masterpiece.
In my opinion, very different from Joop homme (as I red it on a post) and nothing to compare!
Le Mâle little brother, with a lot of neroli and petitgrain. Sometime I love it, sometime less; It depends on the weather and on my mood! Very androgynous : a sulphurous angel, a bad boy in a white suit!
This one could have been Dorian Gray's perfume .

Ange plein de beauté, connaissez-vous les rides,
Et la peur de vieillir, et ce hideux tourment
De lire la secrète horreur du dévouement
Dans des yeux où longtemps burent nos yeux avides?
Ange plein de beauté, connaissez-vous les rides?

Charles Baudelaire, Les fleurs du mal, Réversibilité.

Do not overspray.
9 / 10

Molko

update: On the paper smells very raw neroli. On my skin is softer, fresh, bitter, strong orange blossom, I don't feel chamomile, after 1-2 hours turns more powder, sweeter and Le male dna crawls out, however the old Le male projects better. Fleur and Male like siblings, but Fleur is fresher and more feminine, I don't feel sweet. I recommend wearing Fleur in autumn or in spring. Sillage and longevity is moderate using on dry skin.

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

How can I describe this scents??????
it's simply adorable and amazing, floral all the time but not too feminine, unisex fragrance.
The Orange blossom blended very well with another flower, A little bit same with original Le Male in the top.
Sillage and Longevity 10/10
Scent 9.5/10

Powerful, Strong, Perfect for dating.
Jean Paul Gaultier Rules!!!

Note: If you want to find weak version of this fragrance, try EDC version.

love this so much!!!

azaro.nathariel
azaro.nathariel

This boy is on steroids, and it’s dirty in an intimate way, this is not your usual-traditional type of masculine fragrance, it’s a boom fragrance, I think they were very generous with the oil concentration in this one, after all it is sold as EDT. It has some sort of humid oppressive sensuality, that comes along with the honey-like-orange-flowers. It’s sweet, but not in a gourmand way, more like a smooth fresh sort of sweetness, upon a subtle musky quality. The overall smell is very natural, quality beats the price as far as I am concerned. It’s a sensual and suggestive fragrance. At the end it smells like a powdery cup of chamomile tea.

nonsisa
nonsisa

This is so weird if you know the original Le Male.
The opening is quite synthetic and quickly transforms into a neroli chamomile combination but thats not the mysterious part.
The thing is if you dig your nose really deep into it you can smell some of the original Le Male as well.

Pretty fascinating and indeed a piece of art.

b360
b360

flowers man.....lotsa floweryness to this very strong stuff.....jpg all the way thru tho....the le male touch is in this stuff but its very floral n only one spray will last all night or day...6/10

duy.nguyễn

its a masterpiece. im sure! better than dior homme, dior homme intense for a lady killer

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

I get a little of the Le Male DNA, but its absolutely different. I love it!! It's amazing and it's one of my favorites! :)

jonny19
jonny19

You are on a late night stroll through Paris, France with a significant other. You enter a lively cafe to sit and talk while enjoying a warm drink.

As you walk in, you are brushed by the sweet smell of orange blossom from the plants outside. You are seated by the host. As you sit down, she catches a whiff of your fragrance. It entrances her. It is Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male.

The waiter approaches and asks your lady what she'd like to drink. She orders a warm cup of sweet milk, and you order a cup of chamomile tea.

All the aromas together make for the an intoxicating scene. This isn't just another night. This is the night you both fall in love.

Fleur du Male. My holy grail's milky, floral cousin.I picture a late night stroll through Paris when I smell both Le Male and Fleur du Male.

Scent: Romantic, sensual, alluring, sweet, sexy; 10
Projection: Like its cousin, its projects softly at a long, long rage. Among the greatest; 10
Longevity: Will surely last longer than your next shower; 10

FINAL GRADE: 10/10

lovetribe
lovetribe

on my top ten!!!!unique for sillage and longevity!!!

madgefan
madgefan

It's not listed in the notes but I predominately smell sweet orange blossom. This is a very nice white floral. A bit more subtle than the original Le Male, which is borderline in your face. Fleur du Male's pungency smells real, not synthetic or fake.

queops
queops

Remember Kouros Fraicheur by Yves Saint Laurent...Well,at least for me,because it manager be fresh,clean while spicy and deep like Kouros Fraicheur smell.Maybe because of orange blossom and caraway.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

Do you smell a lot of chamomile in this, or is it predominantely an orange flower smell?

en mi top 5 por siempre.

juan carlos.henriquez

unico, floral masculino blanco fresco y dulce, tambien dura mucho y convierte a los hombres en hombres alados, una magica fragancia inocente y audaz, tambien pueden usarla mujeres pues es muy muy androgina, para mi una de las mejores fragancias del mundo de todos los tiempos, aparte de todo a las mujeres les encanta y te preguntan q llevas puesto.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

Fleur du Mal is a fragrance like no other, very different and nothing like Le Male...I don't know if I would call it a strictly masculine scent, it's more flowery and powdery than your average men perfume ... But who cares?! I'm a woman and I decided that i love this scent for myself!....

Jfreshon
Jfreshon

Probably the longest lasting fragrance out there.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This smells sweet, floral and powdery. Great for the summer night or any time of the year. It lasts a long time and projects great. A must try for sure. I like it.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

got this in a swap from Yojimbo37baseball and I absolutely LOVE it, I'm a female and I have no problem wearing this this is such a gorgeous scent the chamomille note is sooooooo sensual

dgbhz

"No one expects you to smell like that"

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

Fleur Du Male - A most beautiful, gift to man scent. Can you tell this is from the house of Jean-Paul Gaultier, yes. Is it Le Male in a white bottle - NO. First blast comes excellent male flower bouquette and green, perhaps bitter/earthy? if you have ever smelled honeysuckle on the vine, it has that same scent, sweet, beautiful but as you pull away, there is almost a bitter smell behind. This is a floral scent, with a fresh green note that keeps the floral from becoming the only note.

Drying down comes more green, more herbal, still with floral bouqette. Floral reminds me of honeysuckle and orange blossoms that bloom in the night air in Los Angeles. But, as though just picked from the garden and still having that green, juicy herbal mix.

If, as i've read, you think this is too "feminine for a man," or a "gay" scent (whatever THAT is!), then to me you are an insecure male. That being said, this is a strong scent that dries down much softer and in the end, gets even greener, but keeps the florals going. It's that greenery that keeps this scent masculine.

I have enjoyed Gaultier's products, and this one does not disappoint. This is a must buy for me (and I can carry this off fine...I don't care what anyone says negative about this one...Fleur Du Male BELONGS in my perfumery).

Stockholmspolisen
Stockholmspolisen

Tested this yesterday.

I am impressed by the smell.

This fragrance opens up very powerful and very floral.
In the middle the florals become smoother and sweet with vanilla, powder and some musk although it's not listed here.

In conclusion I will say that this fragrance is a sweet, floral, musky and powerful fragrance that can get you compliments.
I like this fragrance a lot since it is so unique and lasts all day.
I recommend this scent for special occasions only because of the uniqueness of the scent.

Definitely try this before you buy and be careful on the trigger! I sprayed 3 sprays and a man in the subway was saying: Damn it really smells cologne here.

Longevity: More than 10 hours
Projection: Very high. People will smell you!
Sprays: Max 2 sprays on distance.

asheble93
asheble93

Fleur Du Male par Jean Paul Gaultier:

Scent:
FDM diverges from what tradition dictates a man's scent should be. It is not for the meek, nor coy, nor demure; rather it is for those who seek a rich, soft, rounded scent. It opens with the classic vanilla mint combo that defines "Le Male;" however, FDM in this reviewer's opinion is far superior to its predecessor, in that the pervading neroli note adds a more natural facet, balancing out the synthetic feel. Just under the neroli there's an herbal note that gives a green and more aromatic appeal. As the scent develops it remains fairly linear, but rich, floral, and clean.
(8.0/10)

Sillage/Longevity:
Sillage projects out a good 5 feet, while longevity is identical to "Le Male."
(8.5/10)

Overall:
Fleur Du Male is a delicate, yet full bodied scent that delivers natural and distinctive orange blossom accords. It is a new favorite that grants individuality and class.
(8.0/10)

stayclose

I like this a lot more than the originalthe neroli/petit grain/chamolile really give a good citurs air feel on top of lemales signature smell. Still musky but not over the top. I knew I like lemale but did not love it looked up the notes and it has cardamom which I don't like in almosts any fragrance that I've smelled yet so this is a nice alternative.

John_John
John_John

This is the weirdest perfume I ever smelled after Egoiste . So so weird and in my eyes that makes it good.
No one expects you to smell like that.

Amadeus_k
Amadeus_k

Sorry but i didn't like it at all..strange smell of chamomile .. ;))

steve0580
steve0580

It smells like powder with a light mint background and a eucalyptus vibe.

MrMookie
MrMookie

This is very weird i smell some kind of addictive medicine i used to have as a kid, maybe its the strange smell of chamomile in it what makes this so floral sensual and bright! its addictive and i need to buy it as im using a tester.
Need to walk outside with it to enjoy its aura.
Need more wearing time to really review it but my first opininion is strangely good and i like it.
Not for everybody thats for sure buts there are not many scents like this!
Well done JPG!

sofianec
sofianec

I usually like JPG stuff but unfortunately this was the most confusing scent I have ever tried. It literally smells like a public restroom sanitizer. Awful in so many ways. I am sorry this one is HISTORY for good.

rzetzm
rzetzm

No surprise that I'm in LOVE!!! with Fleur du Mâle. Here you go, ready for it? Imagine green grass in a big flower field. Lots of flowers, and lots of grass, it's a windy day, you smell the earth, flowers, and plants...

That's Fleur du Mâle. No, orange flower (neroli) isn't that sweet and if you've smelled chamomile tea you've got the right idea on how this smells. Now imagine the smell of cut grass sans the lawnmower exhaust and you have this.

So how do I think this smells? Well, having read the fragrantica.com reviews, I see it's a mixed bag. Some go so far as to say that this should go on females, and that it's too flowery. Not me!

The dry down incorporates a sweet orange peel scent. Completely delicious. The green grassiness dissipates quickly with time, as well. But it leaves a lovely trace of flower scent with the orange that lasts a long time on my skin.

I don't try too hard to box myself into certain fragrances. Coming from a man owning Womanity ToF and who's signature scent is Chinatown from Bond, I think it's pretty evident that I could care less about so-called gender-specific fragrances. In other words, if it works on you, then it works! Anyway, this MEN'S fragrance is very nice, and prettily composed. Flowers and cut grass doesn't automatically go to the females! They have enough of that already. This smells fantastic! If you're a guy and like the way flowers smell (most men?) then you'd probably enjoy this fragrance.

Gotta love the killer mannequin-white bottle too. Looks cool in any guy's bathroom.

TheBuyer
TheBuyer

Similar to Joop! Homme? Really?

Fleur du Male is a white floral with citric nuances - thanks to petitgrain and neroli - with a slightly green edge on the opening coming from basil.
Here in Brasil we have a flower called "Dama da Noite" something like "Night Lady", and this fragrance reminds me of that. Must be the chamomile, don´t no.
It lasts for ages and have an almost intrusive sillage, so go easy on the trigger, or you´ll be know as the "too much cologne guy". Or girl, as some men find it difficult to wear florals like this. Not me sir. I happen to find it wondeful.
EDIT: Somehow I suggest for the ones who likes this to try Costume National 21. Not the same smell, but an interesting idea in a more milky way maybe.

Mercurial Muzz
Mercurial Muzz

Much has been said about this cologne and whether men should wear it because apparently it may be too 'feminine.' Well, I have always enjoyed Le Male, so, when Fleur du Male came out I wanted to try it. I was impressed by the stark white bottle - I thought it had a cleanliness and purity about it. And, more importantly, I was very impressed with the liquid inside that small white man. Maybe this suits my skin chemistry just right, I don't know, but I do know that this cologne impressed me greatly with its fresh floral audacity. The first spray went on clean and fresh and never disappointed into the dry down. The fern accord is a clever touch, preventing it from becoming too light and sweet. I think the neroli is great in this, but I have to admit I have a bit of a 'thing' for neroli/orange blossom anyway.
So, to those men out there that are sceptical about trying Fleur du Male, or are maybe afraid of being criticised or whatever, give it a try. You may end up really liking it, or even loving it. That can only be a good thing. And as for the detractors who may comment, who cares what they say? Life is too short to have others dictate our fragrance choices!

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

This is a sillage monster. It sticks with me lika ghost, bt ghost is so sweet. Loves

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

On one hand I Joop Joop Homme and the other white 'sailors, almost no difference, there is somewhere along the lines of Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent, the great similarity, though a bit' more like the Joop Homme, but unlike it, the less 'synthetic.Frankly of these notes, I do not detect anything, there's only musk (amber), petitgrain is there to make him' Shut up, but sweet, and maybe a little orange, but still cute, even imagine, like orange topped with sweet amber that 'influence in paradise musky, and slightly powdery, and I find that a lot of similarities with the first' sailor, but the white 'special sailor's story, dangerously powerful (intentionally redundant), I do still smell your hands, as if I have 2 same perfume, but again, Joop Homme is a bit sharper (syntetic's), I'm going to explode and Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent, just do not know where, but manage already, so it was no final judgment, and the perfume notes as alleged in it, hang it on the cat tail To be continued.Yes, here's Kouros by Yves Saint Lauren, are very close, but at a Kouros, though Musk (amber), animalistick, not powdery, not at all , however, is quite similar, almost identical with Joop Homme.Incredibly like Jean Paul Gaultier, some alchemical trick (probably sold your soul and with it), passed Kouros and Joop, and brought us both perfumes in this one, and while I will dare to say he's better than both of them (you know my love for Joop Homme), 'fancy, Metro 'catch, Sillage great, we even beat Joop Homme on hand, just amazing, I can see that he is a Kouros, a star guidelines, the white color of the bottle (I'm kidding a little), excellent, good perfume however cruel, and just when I think we are all a sunken ships Designer, then I came across this ultimate evil, dekadence.This perfume, cologne has all the aura as the borrowed from the above-mentioned two, but again some of his signature bears, Sillage monster, drydown, however superb perfume sample. The price is a little stronger, but honestly, today I took it, I just burst 4 times (just for me), and I felt it for about 8-10hours, but I had the first 3-4 hours, absolutely intensely felt, while in coming hours and still felt fine on the hand, repeated that he did not take the beauty, but simply to point increased.Maybe, the Kouros (Vintage version), because of the changed opening, but the opening is good and relatively quick pass and the Kouros returns to his old way.Really are rare moments in the history of my perfume, my perfume likes it so much, but I always loved Gaultier, right after Joop's what I want to say that for me, each Gaultier's perfume creations have the supreme power, not cheap, but the power is guaranteed, if we remember how innovations also throw some selected Designer home, the Jean only gaining importance, has its own style in most cases, based on the first La Male (sailor), and only it through the next perfume collection, enriching and improving, and it is indeed a welcome step!

juan manuel ferrer
juan manuel ferrer

DE ESTA FRAGANCIA USE SOLO UN FRASC0, CUANDO LO PROBE POR PRIMERA VEZ PENSE EN QUE ES UN AROMA PERFECTO!!!!! ES UNA FLOR DE AZAHAR PARA HOMBRE... PERO LUEGO DE SEGUIRLA USANDO ME PARECIA CADA VEZ COMO UN PERFUME ALGO FEMENINO, UNA FRAGANCIA DE MUJER.... PERO ME GUSTA!!!! ES FRESCO, FLORAL, COMO AROMATERAPIA, ESTIMULA LOS SENTIDOS!!!

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

in the world of notes i love vanile and orange blossom scent and this one is exactly orange blossom. i love this.
before i buy it i read many review of it and they all say it has great last longign and enormous sillage but honestly in my skin it has average sillage and last.
before buy this one please test.
somebody say it is feminine perfume but i opposed with their. anyway i give this one 8/10
اگر مثل من عاشق شکوفه های پرتقال هستید این عطر 100% برای شما ساخته شده است. این یکی مثل باقی عطرها نیست که بوی ضعیفی بدهد و سریع محو شود بلکه بوی قوی ای دارد و حتما تا 4 ساعت حداقل اطرافیان متوجه شما می شوند. این عطر را من برای مهمانی های شب در فصل سرما پیشنهاد می کنم. مطمئن باشید دست خالی بر نمی گردید!!!!ض

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

First spray is like what your cotton white dress shirt might smell like when it is being steam ironed while still slightly damp from an ivory bar soap wash. The neroli and orange blossom are powerhouses in this one but there is something intriguing in it - there is a dry chamomile note that gives it a bit of a masculine edge - similar to a faint and clean cigarette ashiness. It lifts this fragrance past the usual feminine floral creaminess found in many orange blossom based fragrances and dries it just enough to bring to mind that gorgeous herbal and clean scent of dried satchel flowers.

The florals are the main player with neroli and orange blossom taking main stage wonderfully complimented by a crisp and dry chamomile note.

Wonderful longevity and great sillage. One good spray is all you need to be noticed and two will really get people's attention. Any more than that and you might start clearing the room - so a 75ml bottle will last a long time.

I found this fragrance smells more crisp and dry when sprayed directly on the fabric of my shirt and more 'musky & creamy' directly on my skin. Also, more of the light powder in the drydown is evident when sprayed on clothes instead of skin. So you should choose where to spray depending on your mood.

This is one of those fragrances that I really like to spray on a shirt a day before I wear it if I don't want to wear a fragrance yet smell interesting.

This is a unique fragrance although similar to Molinard Homme II in it's main ingredients it has it's own original character in the supporting notes and I find it to be the superior fragrance if you were to choose to buy one of the two.

This should be a definite 'TRY' on a frag-head's "TO-SNIFF" list. It is so expertly mixed. If you like neroli and orange blossom - just go for it. You won't be disappointed.

hernie
hernie

2do frasco q uso de esta maravilla de la perfumeria q lamentablemente esta discontinuado aqui en Argentina. JPG no ha errado aun en su concepción perfumistica. En este momento tengo todas sus fraganciaaps, mis preferidas lejos!

Teezam
Teezam

Just picked it up online... was on 50% sale; Thanks for the reviews it helped a lot. Expect to have it delivered by the weekend. Will post an update.

Only worry is user reviews of it being very floral and not of the sensual kind!!

Totally disappointed; looks like they tried some tweeks here and there to have something made in the line of original JPG; IMO it sucks not the best or the value for money.
Does not have a great silage nor very long lasting (for some reason most perfumes reviewed to be long lasting doesnt hold on my skin)

themattsky

I adore this cologne. One of my favorites!

senilis
senilis

Got a waft of this at the mall I work at today. Floral and herbaceous. Not a very masculine scent in my opinion, in fact it smells rather feminine. The saleswoman and a friend of mine agree with me anyway. Really don't see myself wearing this...

hugosb
hugosb

i tested it today, sorry but i didn't like it at all, i couldn't get any of the JPG Le Male sense which i was expecting, definitely different but not in a good way IMO, very very floral that ends up being feminine to me, longevity is good, i can still smell it and it's been about 5 hours since i sprayed it.

kamikaze702k
kamikaze702k

this is not feminine, i just bought a big bottle at a good price and i must say this is an amazing scent that lasts for hourss! esp if sprayed on clothing!!

Winterbourne
Winterbourne

Very floral, folks. Like others have said, it's pretty linear and pleasant smelling. I would compare its strength in terms of projection and lasting power to that of Joop and 1 Million. It's such a mood elevating fragrance I find it aromatherapeutic in a sense. The feeling you get while smelling it is analogous to opening the window in the bedroom of a château on a spring morning while the sun gilds over everything and simultaneously closing your eyes feeling its warmth on your skin and taking a large exhalation that overwhelms your senses by the wildflowers' aroma gently being carried in by a breeze off the rolling hills beyond.

I find layering it does work well. For example, the animalistic Kouros and this harmonize quite well as both tame the extremeness of the other. Test some out yourself and see what works for you.

Projection: 9/10

Oli_Roche
Oli_Roche

I purchased this yesterday. On first sniff I think it is very similar to JOOP! Homme. After a while it still has that 'JOOP-EYNESS' but then a little Le Male enters to make it a very different scent.

Overall I would say it would be for slightly older men than myself, maybe 25 upwards. But still a good night time scent.

Results:

Projection: 9/10

EDIT: After having this for a month or so I am now in love with it! Better than Le Male (bold statement, I know). I have added 1 on my 'results'.

RAG1987
RAG1987

Initially gives the sensation of singing your nostrils then settles down into something very pleasant, don't know how people can say this is feminine. I think it would be difficult for a woman to pull off as this smells quite harsh frm the start and is very citric but not in a bad way. Unwashed pigs??? Those pigs must be very pampered indeed if they smell like this!!!

I find most reviewers to be quite hypocritical when it comes to gender association of various fragrances. This is floral but is classified by many (Mainly men) as a "gay" scent. I don't suppose anyone has ever experienced or worn PR 1 Million??? That to me is probably the most or one of the most feminine fragrances I have ever been subjected to. MEPHITIC is the best word to describe that, sweet and sickly confectioners bomb. I suggest that if anyone wants to try Fleur Du Male and likes it but is concerned about any mis-conceptions relating to gender or sexual orientation. Don't let it concern you and wear it for yourself, stand out and be confident with your fragrance. I am not insecure about my masculinity and will happily wear this on the right occasions so why shouldn't anyone else.

Rinku
Rinku

Wow...........
I have just opened the box guys.... and i am surprised i applied this one and at once my secretary came and asked who has applied this nice fragrance.

i told her that this is me she came to me and told that this one s really great and she was totally flat on this one

It works ..............

waine
waine

Completely unlike Le Male, this creation is as floral as a man can get yet it maintains an air of gentle, creamy, intriguing masculinity. I am captivated by its uniqueness and the mystery it brings forth as I have never smelled anything like this since entering my perfume journey. Fleur du Male smells nothing like many of the popular, generic mainstream manly fragrances which I find a bit predictable and monotonous at times.

I can understand why some reviewers rate it as a “metro sexual”, or even a “gay” mans scent. This is of no concern to me, in fact I like this idea somehow. As a heterosexual perfume lover, I am comfortable with my masculinity and have no problem expressing this with a fragrance that shouts originality but with a beautiful, gentle floral appeal. In fact, I am almost happy that this may not be liked by many men as this allows me to wear something that is not overly popular, instead leaving an unforgettable scent print of me in the minds of others. The bottle neither fazes me nor overly delights me.

The unique citrusy cleanness, then the floral aura it settles into is glorious. Mostly, the projection and longevity is outstanding which grabs me. Remarkably, I have found that the perfumes I enjoy the most have the fewest number of notes. The four ingredients as listed in the displayed pyramid are sufficiently blended to my liking although my nose cannot isolate any particular note.

Potentially, this may become my signature scent but only when blended with another perfume I mix it with, which delivers a secret combo scent that nobody will know.

I feel confident wearing Fleur du Male as a man who wears perfume for my personal enjoyment and as a mood enhancer as well as for others. I get the feeling that generally speaking, women will love this on the “right” man as their noses will detect the floral bouquet on him which is unusual, unexpected, gently masculine, but attractive at the same time.

Ten points for Jean Paul Gaultier, and the creator of this excellent, most daring aromatic Fougere.

Mosschops
Mosschops

Wow, wow... WOW! This is fantastic! True, this isn't manly at all, as it's overtly powdery, light and floral. But, this screams that you're a man who isn't wearing a hard shell to hide his insecurities - you're a modern guy who's confident in who he is. The women love this one when I wear it, and makes a great impression/signature fragrance.

GugaGaidzak
GugaGaidzak

This scent comes with a vagina, too bad its not a young one. Its that kind of scent that you can smell a thousand miles away. It comes in the room hours before you walk in. But if your grandma doesnt smell like this, you will find it fresh and new and masculine and bold and bla bla bla.... Let me tell ya, my granny smells like this since the day i was born. Imagine the hottest girl in the world , when you get close, she smells like azzaro, the one your grandpa used to wear. Thats what you're doing mate!!!!

ednafrau
ednafrau

Gathul, I'm a girl and I love Fleur Du Male! It is sublime and truly unique, though I guess it's TOO special because I would love for my boyfriend to wear it, but he says it's too feminine. His loss - and mine (boo). Gathul, since you have the refined taste to appreciate it and probably wear it well, use it when you aren't with your girlfriend! It'd be a shame to not indulge in such a wonderful perfume.

Gathul
Gathul

I always like JPG perfumes. Between 24 and 27 I was wearing a Gaultier 2, introduced by a female friend of mine. It was nothing I smelled before, as is "Le Fleur du Male". Attractive, mysterious, intriguing.
I'm now 31 and tried this one at a beauty shop in Germany. It is extremely long lasting, even thought I sprayed once. It has a promising, dark and mesmerising floral smell, but seemed to be liked only by me. My girlfriend pushed me away as she felt sick and nauseated. I personally adored it but she told me that it reminded her "the fragances they put on dead people to cover their smell, before being put in the grave. Only a necrophile would wear it"... Go figure! Maybe it doesn't work well on girls, as I asked a couple of opinions in store. So be careful with this one!
For me it's a 9/10

stayclose

Well this is what I smelled. I can't really pinpoint the notes in lamale so what ever they are this has them. So to me this smells like the og lamale with I am guessing a bit of flowers to smooth it out. Anyway this is how I felt like when I wore this. Pretty and sexy but thats it.

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

I'm not sure where people get the idea that this is a "feminine" fragrance but to each their own. This is sexy and creamy, almost dreamy and absolutely rocks on me. I'm thrilled that it's not popular and I can wear it with reckless abandon! I smell good baby!

mse-21
mse-21

I really had high hopes for this one. When it was about to launch, I paid a very high price to be the first person who owns a bottle of this in my home-country: a blind expensive buy! And what a disaster!

It starts with an overdose of Neroli and dries down to an overdose of Neroli poured over a base of muted Le Male. Honestly, Le Male is far better than this!

Stays very long with monstrous projection. Overall: 3.5 out of 10.

ozz1980
ozz1980

Petit grain, neroli, basil and chamomile, just it? i smell some animalic and dirty notes. Jackfusion is right, drydown reminds me kouros too. I don't think it's feminine, and not for napless boys, i'm 31 and it works fine with my hairy chest :)Smelss very different on clothes and body. In my opinion there's no freshness or softness in it. Dirty, naughty and sexy.

Lerior
Lerior

This stuff last FOREVER!!! Got it yesterday and still not sure whether I like it or not. It's unique. I'll just give it more time.

Edit: OOOOK, I can say now that I really like it. It was strange at first, but I gave it more time to understand it, and I did!

Overall 7 out of10

Cocinelle
Cocinelle

I admire the provocative androginous idea behind this perfume. It's really daring. The iconic Gaultier torso in this glossy white edition express clearly the essence of this fragrance: a bouquet of green and white flowers. Very edgy and acute. An unusual blend of sweet and acid. Something you definetly remember, either in a positive or a negative way.
I am a female and I bought this intentionally. It's actually so feminine I was surprised it could make it in the mainstream retail as a " pour homme" perfume. But on a woman is just a common flowery fragrance. I think it has a unique and eclectic allure on males. When my ex boyfriend wore it, it was a big turn on :-)
Definetely not for any one but for the one who can dare

keffy
keffy

This stuff will last 48+ hours, it lasts lasts lasts lasts lasts all day, all night with a POWERFUL BLAST of orange blossoms.

SCENT: B
Projection: A+
Longevity: A+

The problem might be for the fact that it is very floral/feminine so some guys may not like this, but anyways, i love this stuff none the less.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

That was hard to find, but finally met. Actually the note style lady of the evening is well marked. Put the lady of the night a band of + bergamot and you have fleur du male that was the impression I got. Has the so-caraway may be referring to some of the identity of Le Male. Bergamot is what makes this perfume is not feminine. I liked it. He spent some of my limit sweet, still need some time to assimilate this fragrance, which is very bold, but my taste is a blind by a little easier than the silver scent, but still indicated for those who have no prejudice sweeter with fragrances and even a little feminine.

longevity and projection insane!
Drydown similar Kouros

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An unusual, linear, potent aroma which will have split views and so should ideally be tested before purchased..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 45 Mins. BOOM! Projection average is 6-8 feet all around but at the start the entire room was flooded. My wife thinks this is a real head turner, not due to it being sexy so much, but it stands out. Its a heavy floral, which stays the same smell throughout. Some may think it foul- if the juice had a colour, it should have been dirty grey. Nothing green and fresh and breezy here; instead this is heavy and damp. Having said that I like it lots and bought it- though I think it may get booring after a while and I won't buy again, but well worth buying once for the experience. It makes me want to get my paisley shirt out from the loft or wearing a shirt with top buttons undone - could be the signature frag of Laurence Llewelyn Bowen...!

My wife cannot wear this as she thinks its too masculine - however, the first time I wore it I thought it was feminine, but as my nose has got used to it, the femine side goes

45 mins - 2 hours. Intense 1.5 foot projection, same smell

2 -4 hours - 8 inch projection, becoming less intense and more intermittent, however the smell on skin is still potent and strong

4 hours - 8 hours. 2 inch projection, quite intermittent at times but sometimes you get good trails and 6-8 inch wafts. On skin though still beating strong!!!!

8 hours - Bed time - 16 hours - 1 inch projection even the next day. Same may think it smells a little like Body Odour

You can tell its a JPG Male frag, but a distant relation of Le Male and no notes smell the same as that. Its hard to describe the smell of this frag, as the fragrance notes are quite rare and not really used in mainstream smells, well none that I have come across

Good

perfumlover
perfumlover

It opens up with the heavy blast of flowers, you will hate it what is this, you will say i have made a mistake buying this one !!!
Just wait for half an hour the magic start then and sweet vanilla comes out and it dominates like anything.....
The smell just linger, just be easy on trigger cause its very strong perfume and very long lasting like big bro Le Male.
Sometimes i find it stronger than Le Male......
My score.
Projection-9
lasting- 10
Scent - 8

MarkStar
MarkStar

Fantastic stuff!

I live in hot & sunny Florida and while I own, wear, and love many "heavy" scents, every now and then I just need something light and summery (but still rich) and this is where Fleur Du Male comes in. A clean, powdery, floral with great longetivity and sillage.

Is it kinda feminine and flowery? Well, I guess I can see how certain guys might have a problem wearing this, and that's OK for them.

As for me, I'm secure enough to wear what I like, when I like. And I like Fleur Du Male very much.

Easily one of my top 5 of all time!

SS79
SS79

I just received this today! Wow I love it!

Molko

Like a mixture of Le Male & Gaultier2, but far far better than the others. I recommend for women also cause it's enough feminine. I feel royal jelly, chamomille, very soft and clean. I really like & want it for myself:)

foxmulder_FBI

Where to begin. Fleur Du Male, possibly my favorite fragrance ever, is a masterpiece. The fact that it is no longer being produced is tragic, as I hope to have this in my collection forever.

The top notes of FdM are defined by the petitgrain and neroli combination. A true white floral, one that would be quite typical in a female fragrance, is so unique for a mens fragrance that it should get props just for being different. However, not only is it different, but is incredibly well done. The floral blast in the opening is soft and natural smelling, the best floral I've seen in a guys fragrance, and I love florals. Most guys may not want such a strong white floral (hence the stopping of production) but they are missing a unique masterpiece.

The dry down of this fragrance manages to bring in aspects of Le Male, mainly the powdery, vanilla feeling, while still keeping the integrity of the top notes. If you hate the floral of the top, you will not like FdM, as the dry down still captures a feminine white floral. However the powdery vanilla dry down that is synonymous with Le Male is a perfect base for the florals. Imagine being in a meadow of sweet flowers with hints of vanilla beans and powder. Far from masculine, but works perfectly for a guy who is secure with his feminine side.

The presentation is one of my favorites, the torso that JPG is famous for but all white, very representative of the juice inside (Le Male + white floral).

The longevity and projection are both fantastic, not cloyingly powerful but strong enough that it can easily be smelled and it sticks around for a while.

Overall, FdM is unique, feminine, and very well done. I hope to be able to find it forever, as it is one of my favorite summer fragrances, not a boring citrus-aquatic like most summer colognes that I despise.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Just received this in the mail today off Amazon it was only $39.95 for a New 2.5oz from Whole Sale Plaza plus the $4.00 for shipping came just $44.95 to && its legit!

The scent to me on my skin smells quite powdery & sweet which I like && CLEAN VERY CLEAN! it smells like fresh Spring Air! I wanted a JPG fragrance for my collection, the orig Le Male is nice but a little too much for me && frankly its over used everyone has it, && I like to smell different, so after reading reviews I did a blind buy on this one, I'm a big fan of floral, powdery almost unisex male scents so I went for it, && safe to say no dissapointment here I'm very pleased I can't stop sniffing myself! lol can't wait for those warm days again to break this out then again I imagine I can just wear it whenever b/c it smells like a body powder. Excellent Longevity & Projection BTW :)

diego.rzse
diego.rzse

Just cannot believe they aren't producing it anymore! A masterpiece was put to death while a reeking rooster (kokorico) takes its place!

pomdgf
pomdgf

The first time I sniff it's very strong and weird then I spray on my skin but after dry down OMG! It's a little soapy and clean on me. So sexy scent. Love it.

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Great fragrance. Smells very powdery like sweet clouds. But smells very contemporary!

Smells good when hitting clubs and trendy spots!!!

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I tried it today at the mall on a strip of paper. The concept intrigued me. I thought I might like it for myself as I find most floral fragrances for women lack something in strength and power.
But truly, this is masculin. I could never wear it. I don't think it's "pretty" either, or metrosexual. I think it's a summer fragrance for men, fresh and light, but with that typical masculin scent to it. I can't describe it, but if a fragrance has that scent, it's absolutely NOT suitable for women, at least not in my opninion.
It has something wild and free. Really nice, fresh, grassy. I'd love to smell it on a friend.

nora elia
nora elia

I Love this perfume, i got it yesterday for my husband but i am keeping it¡ It is strong flowerly with excellent sillage and longevity

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Powdery, Bold, Statement fragrance.
Amazing and sexy!

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Tania Sanchez made it sound so boring and normal which are just the things it is not. Not sure how she missed that it's a scent only Gaultier would market as a masculine. She really didn't give him much credit for the concept. There are endless feminines that guys can wear and nobody would ever know (except in the case of recognizing it). Fleur is one of the few masculines that pegs a guy as a guy wearing ladies' cologne every time. Which is really great. Thank goodness somebody thought to do that. I was horrified the first time I tried but became obsessed and had to buy. Too much everything: too powdery, too feminine, too radiant, too strong...but I still love it. I loved it especially when I heard some guys at the gym trying to figure out what was going on, if a guy was really wearing that. At the time I was deeply into lifting weights and my arms, which are large anyway, were huge so it was something I could pull off and have some fun with. And I did. It's great if you have a sense of humor and don't mind blasting people with strong powdery orange blossom. It falls short of being a masterpiece no matter how clever, however. Overall a little crude; seems like it should have been refined a good deal more and made more complex--could have been one of the greatest.

sushi.jelly
sushi.jelly

Its powdery, sweet and mysterious, unsual.

The white floral note in this perfume is genius. It makes you feel like you are in the middle of white flower field in a somewhat gloomy and super windy day. Love it.

prot72
prot72

It depends on your taste but in my opinion this is mysterious, hypnotic and very unusual fragrance created by the master of perfumery art. However I don't like to categorize fragrances as female or male oriented but this one is definitely masculine. Flowers are strong, creamy, dense with some sweetness. They are strong as man can be. The fragrance brings you to different time and place ... to the world where man can wear reall fragrance not sporty, watery and generic colognes created for drugstore or typical shopping mall. It can be compared to the strongest oriental perfumes that last on your skin forever.

Elia85
Elia85

Agree with @Fizzy. This stuff won't go off your skin. Normally that's a good thing, but with this fragrance.... it's not. Smells like baby shampoo + urine. I'll pass.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I love it. It is a bold statement: jasmine, neroli, and gardenia modifying a traditionally-masculine aromatic fougere! This is not a fragrance that some men would be willing to wear, no... (nor a bottle they'd be willing to handle, for that matter), but if you are assured of who you are, and you don't mind its power to grant you an uncommon day, a little dab'll do ya. Personally I enjoy it- revolutionary, and I think this one will be brought up time and again in future annals of perfume-history for its bravery.

LovelySally
LovelySally

I LOVE IT!! Another mens perfume I Lurve for myself!

Thanks xxx

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

Sillage, sillage, sillage ... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!!! I'm one of those people who wear fragrance for myself. If I can smell it all day without lifting my wrist to my nose then I am happy. 4 sprays are enough ... 8 are better :o). FdM makes me feel fresh and clean all day no matter how warm it is. It's a GREAT all year fragrance. LOVE IT!!!

ION
ION

Everything about this perfume reminds me of something else.
The name is taken from one of Baudelaire's poems, the bottle is an eccentric white version of the original "Le Male" that increases the anticipation (a bit too much I must say), and the composition is a "not that masculine", "where have I smelled it before", olfactory experience.
I could have loved it a lot (for the bottle alone!) but I am too clever for that stuff. Sorry :(

jim
jim

This is one of my fav perfume, i loveeeee it.

I couldnt afford it coz its 90$(125ml) but m buying it this week coz its on sale at 60$ in India.

Very very rare no one uses this in India ppl think its very femenin .
When i tell the salesman, i wana try, they always always tell me "Sir u wont like this try others" (i got this response 3times 4m diff store)

I also found that the tester of fleur dumale is always full in every store that i visit. (guess the sales ppl r not showing this to guys customer)

To me its the best autumn scent as the weather is around 23-27*c
First impression to me is i get soft Marigold flower notes
It reminds me of my home coz their r lots of neroli n basil plant on the garden.

I want to wear this specially on weddings,pujas,temple,church,ritual community gathering & rich lavish indian ceremonies becoz of its floral notes.

I know its love or hate coz when i 1st tried this i was like euww it smells like urine who would wear this and the salesman was like "Sir i told you" but after 30mins it became my fav.

Scent. 15/10
Longevity 9+hours
Overall 10/10.

vinimeneghel
vinimeneghel

love it

jimmy2801
jimmy2801

Love it...REALLY! And its one of the most longlasting frags i've ever smelled.

But i totally understand that it's a love-it or hate-it.

Petit-grain makes it smell so 'clean'. Its very very white and airy. But in a strange sweet way. There's nothing done with boring vanilla, or amber. More flowers and something like honey in the basenotes.
I think its a classic one, but more because of its elegance!

Have a testing instead of too much reading ;)

ANSD

VERY VERY LONG LASTING!!!!! One of my best friends says that this is my signature scent.

libraye
libraye

Firstly I have to confess that I was attracted by the design of the bottle rather than its flavour and it just shocked me when I gave it a try.

Started with a harsh, sticky and floral scents that absolutely like laundry washing powder, it developed into something that really strange and feminine half an hour later.It is more cleaner and purer compared with its original version le male but still has much in common.Luckly,the creamy and milky base notes smelled much more better than le male, which reminded me of something that made me felt easy(I think maybe it just like baby powder).

I guess this fragrance may perfectly fits for Virgo or mysophobe(No offense~).But as a male fragrance,it is definitely special and unique but lack of practicality.People's tastes vary from person to person, so U really have to try it before u buy it.

Carles
Carles

WOW, I tried this once before a long time ago and then i HATED it. It was very overpowering, pungent and very 'in your face' as many JPG perfumes usually are...
Earlier today I wanted to try Kenzo Power but the store didn't have it so I gave this a second chance because I had heard that they were similar and I wanted to know what Kenzo Power might smell like.

Today I LOVED IT. I would never think it contained green plants because I thought it was all flowers. It is powdery, different and sweet. I disagree when people say it's feminine, that depends on what you compare it with! This doesn't scream MAN like Kouros do, but softly says "confident gentleman". I let my mom smell this and then D&G La Force and she said this had a more masculine feeling. I totally agree.

I only sprayed once, and to be honest, that's enough. You'll get a headache if you overdo it. Plus, I wouldn't say it's for very warm weather. These kind of perfumes easily become to much during summer. They can make me nauseous when it's humid outside.

dboakes
dboakes

I wanted to love this when I bought it but I didnt test first. When I did try it gave me an instant headache and made me feel dizzy. I have never experienced a perfume that gave a migraine effect almost immediately.

beatrix75

i love this one soooo much and funny my husbend to hi likes on me but not on him its too much vomenish for him hi juse the zino davidoff

fher19
fher19

This bottle, a sensual silhouette of a better built man than me, is actually pretty innocent to me. Not to say it isn't an attractive scent, but this is what my childhood springs smelled like. I believe it's the chamomile, which my mom grew in the backyard garden. This scent isn't for the gay boy, but more for the boy not quite a man, because when I smell this scent, it makes me want to fall in love with the youth and vigor of a man. This scent really unlocks the sensuality of a male. For a female it's so easy to be sexy without loosing her femininity, but for a male, if he goes to far he is gay or effeminate. This scent is floral and powdery which is great on my skin, and great for me living in a place where spring and summer are all year long. Maybe this scent symbolizes eternal youth because I feel invigorated whenever I spray this scent.

beatrix75

OMG can be one masculin parfume so much good then i want so badly to have ,today i tested in åhlens and i must say that i become a female who want to yuse a mascul parfume !!!!strange ha!!!!????it is a most georgeous fume what i tested in my life white flovers and soft and blend and everithing what i want from a female perfume but i dident get to now!!!!yes i gone buy this one for myself!!!!not for my husbend

kerrso99
kerrso99

ALL I CAN SAY IS I LOVE IT. VERY STRANGE AND DIFFERENT

egyboy
egyboy

This perfume is very classy and sexy in a way. I know that many guys don't prefer floral notes in perfumes, but this one is a must-have.
Great sillage and projection with superb longevity. I think Fleur du Male is meant for guys who wanna smell pleasantly different.

vinisantosrs
vinisantosrs

Definitely it's not a playing-safe in the fragrance industry. It's modern, subtle, and YES, 100% MASCULINE. The opening notes are sweet, like flowers and honey, after 30 minutes, we can feel the original Le Male vibe on it, and after the drydown, it becomes very fresh, but yet like a flowery fragrance. The Neroli and Petit Grain are the notes that make this fragrance unique and special. One of my favorite going-out-at-night fragrances. Perfect for the ones who likes being the center of attention. Incredible staying power.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

This is... hmm...
WARNING: I might offend JPG Le Male lovers, so please dont read beyond this.
This is pretty much the only JPG fragrance I would ever wanna use, it is cunning in a certain way thats difficult to describe, its versatile and calm altogether, it doesnt offend me like La Male does although PLEASE do not over apply, and its a really longlasting floral scent... I get atleast 10 good hours of this... those big fans of Le Male always surprise me, I´ve never understood the fuss, to me this is his best fragrance and the notes are pretty simple, a master piece, I think perfumeurs should start using less in their fragrances, they should ask how Dior does his masterpieces with four or less ingredients lol...
I wouldnt use it at work, U dont want your boss firing you for fear U might steal his girlfriend lmao

ANSD

It is so good and so intense...I'm wearing it today. It smells like pea flowers...

Akahina
Akahina

Boy, this could be a love it or hate it fragrance. I have read how this is a silage monster so I sprayed one spray on my chest before work today. I felt like I was drowning in perfume all day. Do not over apply this! Yes, sort of flowery and with quite a bit of powdery smell for me, something I don't usually like but this was OK. Although I do get the flowers and the powder but it is not, as some people say a feminine perfume. How, I don't know, but there is a masculinity in this that most fragrances for women don't have. In fact, I might like this just a tiny bit more if there were some slightly sweeter notes mixed with a touch of something heavier, some musk perhaps.

Strong, long lasting, metrosexual but not a woman's fragrance at all. I guess I will say I like rather than love this and I will not wear if often but I will wear this. May update this review at some point...

EDIT: Do not (repeat), do not over apply. I sprayed my chest once last night and a tiny spray on each arm last night. BIG mistake. One short spray under your clothes is enough. The smell is sort of heavy, waxy and floral (the waxy smell somehow reminds me of Black Orchid) and the projection and silage are strong. I had people turning around in the club to see where the smell was coming from. I like this but in small doses and I am one that likes a fragrance to have projection. The sprayer should have a governor on it. LOL.

bp
bp

I LOVE IT

Francis Kurkdjian and Jean Paul Gaultier are a genius.

One of the best perfumes I've ever had and that gave me more pleasure to use.

Its uniqueness and low compliance by the public likes me a lot.

I am eager to return to this perfume really special.

Moonshield
Moonshield

maybe I've tried most enduring fragrance... i think it's little bit feminine.

scent: 7/10
longevity: 9/10

mat1965
mat1965

Fleur du Mâle,One of my favorite colognes even though I have more than the average collection of scents about 15 or so, this is one of my top 5 that I ware.

dgbhz

Só pode aceitar Fleur du Male quem tem um olfato apurado! As pessoas que criticam negativamente essa fragrância podem ser aquelas que têm um percepção do comum como cheiro agradável! As pessoas que não conseguem entender uma obra de arte, que já querem o cheiro pronto para o cérebro entender! É um perfume complexo, masculino e pra quem gosta de algo mais elaborado! Para aqueles que querem fugir do trivial, do comum!

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

Tried an experiment today-wore3 different fragrances .had 3 sprays of Kenzo Power Cologne on my chest and midriff area,one spray of Kenzo homme on my right hand and another spray of Fleur de Male on the left.

Kenzo Power Cologne got simply lost after 2 hours followed quickly by Kenzo Homme with the Fleur de Male taking center stage.

I mean just one spray of this was enough to almost give me a headache on a typical spring afternoon.this fragrance is strong,projects like forever and made me very self-conscious.6 hours and am still wondering when this will really tone down.
This is just not my type.A 125ml will last through to my great grandchildren!

So all in all if you looking for a strong rose scent then Fleur will do for u or else go for either of the Kenzos.Sad I couldnt get hold of Kenzo Power EDT.
My preference is definitely for the cologne version as it stays close to the skin and is light enough for a hot summer's day

Castor
Castor

Don't be mislead by the brandname, the bottle and the connotations as per the designer: this is one of the EdTs that can be offputing at first sight (the bottle, could it not be more tacky?) and if worn carelesly (you will be noticed from miles away if spraying too much), but if worn the right way, it will make you understand what complexity means. FdM morphs without any stop during its extensive longevity from floral to oriental woody notes, these last ones reminded me strongly to the ones of the pre reformulated version of Obsession.

This made me change my mind.

Edit: The final base note are on the opposite side of the top notes - a macho type note that I can identify with inexpensive fragrances dating from the 1970's, Def. a 180 % turn around that adds to the pleasure of wearing it. Amazing.

Jean Paul Gaultier's Fleur de Male is aptly named, as this fragrance is quite flowery. But don't let the florals put you off guys, because this fragrance is quite sexy.

The composition is mostly soft, milky and soapy floral accords, with a hint of rich, citrusy orange blossom and aromatic herbs. Yes, it does smell a little feminine at times, but I found it more unisex than anything else.

I'm really enjoying it actually, when I thought that I wouldn't. I'm very finicky about men smelling like 'men', and although this fragrance is flowery, it gets my blood running in a way that I never expected. It's comforting yet seductive. Not a clubbing scent by any means, but one that helps put the wearer and his lady at ease.

Although clean smelling, the herbaceous notes add a hint of masculinity, which makes it a little rough around the edges. I placed a tester card of this fragrance under my man's nose earlier, and his observations were that it smelt like soap and brown sugar. Some days I think he has a better nose than myself.

I'll agree that Fleur du Male is a difficult scent to pull off, but for those men daring enough, I think it could smell very appealing. Well-dressed metrosexuals are more than likely going to be the perfect men to douse themselves in it and smell amazing at the same time.

Valtyas
Valtyas

This is a stunning fragrance, I have a lot of sweet or floral sents but this smells still somehow very unique to me.
And the sillage is crazy, 1-2 sprays are enough!

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

I really do not like le male , overhyped & over rated . I was somewhat reluctant to try this one as I explained to the fragrance counter lady that sweet vanilla scents make me feel nauseous. How wrong was I ! , Very floral and no vanila , I LOVE this fragrance now . People who say this is for women really need to start thinking outside the box when it comes to fragrance . It was designed by a man to be worn by men .The scent of daisy to me is quite masculine and Im very comfortable wearing it out . They were also very generous with the oil in this fragrance and thats always a bonus as i like my fragrance to last . I agree this is a sillage monster but what do i care I love it so i spray away ha ha ha ha !

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

This one is WAY diffrent from the original. to make this short all i get from this one is FLOWERS. i accualy like this better on a female(only one spray)!
The middle still is powdery like the original but instead of vanila u get florals. Not my taste ! that sums this one up.

Projection:intense
longevity:12+
smell:good
occation: casual/formal
season:winter,spring(cold)

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Charming in it's own way.
Soft milky flowery herbal freshness!
A little soapy as well.

Strong personality. This is not a typical male scent.

noddoc

i love all gaultier's fragrances and especially this one.

noddoc

the most outstanding, amazing and breathtaking fragrance. I adore it.

themattsky

one of my favorite fragrances!

querelle
querelle

I guess that when Mr Francis Kurkdjian came up with Fleur du Male, he had in mind the brrrrilliant Kouros. It even has that urine feeling but not as loud as in Kouros, the orange blossom helps and minus the civet and you have the young and charmingly innocent brother of Kouros. It brings in mind someone who looks ok but he could go bad, given the circumstances.
I definitely prefer that one than Le Male. It's more edgy, more daring and there is a sense of humour from the first spay which screams floral-floral to the manly, Kouros alike drydown. And that game between masculine vs feminine makes it terribly interesting.
Enjoy guys!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I, like everyone else, wasn't I initially impressed.
I thought it was just a more floral version of Le Male.
Then it changed to a creamy, warm, much more floral musk that I think I really like.
It's like this: it's not a scent for me, and I wouldn't go and buy it, because I know me, and I know I would get sick of it, but I still thinks its a really beautiful scent and worthy of a gift, but a high stakes gift. The only way to like this scent is to love it.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Originally bought this fragrance as an Xmas present for a friend of mine who did not like it. Neither did I originally as I found the orange blossom too strong and the element of "cat piss"...having said that, I now think it is one of the best and most original scents ever.
I have declared it as my personal spring fragrance favourite. After a long drawn out winter, the floral element is just divine: orange blossom, jasmine and vanilla give a strong base. I wouldn't be surprised if there are freesias and gardenias included as well. It smells like a bouquet of white flowers in a winter landscape with a destinctively warm, mellow gourmand note that is hard to pinpoint: maybe something like a gingerbread or cookie dough with that white gloopy, glossy, sugar coating!
This fragrance is as ground-breaking as JOOP! Homme used to be and I rank it equally sweet and strong, yet more feminine and tender (hence the white flowers)....and yes you should be gay or at least metro-sexual to wear this, lol!
Sillage: A+ (it actually gets better with time on your skin)
Projection: A
Longevity: B+

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

NOW THIS RIGHT HERE IS DEF MY STYLE! I can say this.. @ first I could not get with the smell it was to much for me.. but give it 15-20 minutes & you will luv it! Its a nice warm smell.. I smell the orange immeaditly! & I also smell the vanilla! & the fern rounds it out. But this is my top romantic fragrance! Thank you Jean Paul Gaultier!

Lottis

Strong but soft.
Masculine but feminine.
Love it

Long-lasting

Fleur du Male-the flower of the male, very aptly named and done in typical over-the-top Gaultier style. A play on words on the title of Charles Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du Mal(the flowers of evil), fashion's 'bad boy' takes something very innocent seeming and turns it into a wicked-intense male floral...that I find mad gorgeous!

Petit grain (bitter orange leaves and stems) open this on an intense green note that ushers in an absolute deluge of neroli's powdery sweetness and though the body of this is almost overwhelmingly floral, it's all man. It's coupled with an extremely intense, almost musky fern accord. This rests on the dominant basenote of coumarin-the main aromatic compound in tonka beans (which to me smells like fresh cut grass doused in vanilla extract)and a soapy, strong chamomile. When I was an apprentice herbalist in college, my Master told me: Anything taken to its extreme becomes its opposite. Well, JPG has taken something normally sweet, fresh and light and by magnifying it a thousandfold created something heavy, cloying and powerful, yet somehow it is not altogether unpleasant. It is in fact, quite stunning in it's originality and it's simplicity; if you can see your way past the sheer volume it resonates upon!
I love anything that is in your face and unapologetic, and love how he turned the notes in this inside out to make something that turns heads (and a few stomachs) and sparks controversy.

Sillage: Fantastic
Longevity: Excellent
Overall: 4.75/5

To me, this is like a flaming, drunken drag queen at a gala ball or formal dinner: loud, ostentatious and garish but utterly amusing, original and endearing; despite it's obvious contradictions. I am not saying this will make you smell like a boozy transvestite, that is only an allegory; but you must admit it would be a lot of fun to see and though some may not approve of its unbridled intensity-it is unique, lovely and one of a kind!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Fleur du Male VS Fahrenheit 32

Fleur du Male starts out heady, to most people that same opening has been described as "pissy." Very short-lived, and forgettable. In transition, you get many floral swirls begging for attention... meanwhile, the wood notes subtly take their positions. In the final phases, Fleur du Male becomes a soft, milky, warm, cozy vanillic floral. Vanilla is not listed, but I can't see Jean Paul doing anything without it.

Fahrenheit 32 is fire and ice. Although it doesn't change much, but why would you want it to? The problem with many fragrances is they go through more stages than necessary. F32 gives you a grand premier, and maintains its icy-vanilla and vetiver. Not like Rocawear X, where it maintains its cleanliness only. This maintains cleanliness, substance and personality. I'd say the only thing that would kill it's longevity, is a good shower. The same goes for Fleur du Male. Fahrenheit 32 also remains masculine, even in the dry down. Not that there's anything wrong with du Male going soft. I suppose you would have to be in the mood for one or the other. Both unique and only similar in one phase of transitioning. Is there a winner? You tell me.

glamazoid
glamazoid

I was not soo fond of it on the 1st encounter. but on my skin it reach nicely.
somehow it become more basil-camomilic on my skin. its just smell fresh like i just had taken a really long bath...

guest_martin
guest_martin

to me it is a feminine perfume, i don´t like to wear it. It smells like flowers, hardly a viril scent...but probably it is my fault, as i love oriental woody scents, like Opium of YSL. It lasts very long, which was problem for me in this case, i felt it from my skin even after a 20 minutes shower...

liat
liat

To me, this is a unisex fragrance, even a feminine one (most guys I talked to didn't feel comfortable wearing it because of its floral sweetness). To me it's floral and warm and very sexy. It's intoxicating really.

lfmars98
lfmars98

One of my favorites. Shares some characteristics with le male; flowery and a little soapy. If you already wear a mens gourmand based scent you can wear this as it is masculine enough to wear. Good sillage and I get 10 hours on my skin. 9/10

Jordan19
Jordan19

This is probably one of the few mens fragrances that i love. It smells beautiful and the lasting power is excellent. I could still smell it on my t-shirt the next morning. It is quite feminine in the sense that it is very soft and gentle, it has some floral notes that hit you instantly and it also smells quite woody at the same time. Sorta like the Metrosexual of mens fragrances, or even the Gay man of mens fragrances- i think it smells beautiful.

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

One of my favorites maybe because I,m only use it when I,m having fun. I love the sweet and soft flowery smell and it stays on forever BUT as our fragranticafriend Tuky so greatly said it "Too much is Too much".

I mostly use my scent during less formal occations. You can probobly use it when you go to church or in the office but for me it feels lika a perfume I use when I like to have fun (well... it can be fun to go to church and the office too....atleast sometimes).

My choise to wear it is when I,m out in the sun flirting or enjoying the company of friends when we are out for a drink and some nice food.

lucifera
lucifera

i tried it! must say it doesn't really smells like a man perfume.
a real SWEET aromatic fougere,
like kenzo amour or jil sander style,
Most of al it reminded me of Therme's white lotus shower gel
guess woman can get away with it too!
nice fume and MAYBE consider buying a bottle of this

moore_or_less
moore_or_less

Unique and distinctive. I am fond of this fragrance for its ability to turn heads and pique interest in those around you. This is a wonderful scent while in a club or party setting, not as much while in the office. For me, sparse application in the right areas and keeping to nighttime wear are keys to having this scent perform to the best of its considerable ability.

KasiaS
KasiaS

I have already said, when reviewing Classique, how much I respect JPG's originality, but this originality is a very special one - playing with the vintage and the classic. Take Fragile or FdM for examples: loads of tuberose there, and of orange blossom here... all in all an effect that belongs more less to 1940s. I really love it that he (JPG? Or Francis K.? Or both?) is not afraid of white flowers, even if it will gain him enemies.
Well, I'm certainly not one of them - I love well sewed white flowers scents and I love FdM. I use it frequently and dont feel like a 50 yrs old gentleman smelling like an old lady at all!

selinum28
selinum28

I can't understand why so many people find this perfume to be femenine. It can seem to be so reading the components: it is all about neroli and herbs, and it sounds very soft and candid, but all these herbs, and also neroli or azahar, have already a controversial scent when pick from the nature and smelt alone; chamomile and azahar... they are certainly sweet, but not only sweet, not tipically sweet either. Fleur du male smells mainly green, active and even agressive to me; it is about an aspect of masculinity that men don't like to share with women. It is the smell of a man after working a lot in the woods or the land. It also inspires me some kind of sadness, but it is a good perfume that, at some distance, I could even confuse with the body odour of a vegetarian.

Deetron
Deetron

Fleur du Mâle is a typical Gaultier fragrance – sweet and warm. But here we have some strong floral notes. Great for winter/autumn. Long-lasting as well. It is very suitable for a late party. In my opinion Fleur du Mâle is a very interesting men fragrance. Some may find it too sweet for a men, but I like it.

guest_BP
guest_BP

Best Male Frangrance..... Five stars.....

NatWeb
NatWeb

I'm not sure how this would wear on a man - although it would probably work on someone very confident and masculine - but it is just gorgeous on a girl. It's a powdery orange blossom scent that is really different to your average floral. It is reasonably strong and the sillage is good so you don't need to pack it on, plus it's relatively long lasting. I really liked it, perfect for constant use in the warmer months or as a pick me up in the cooler ones.

yankeeh8er847
yankeeh8er847

Now don't think of this as a very accurate review, because I only tried this once. However, from what I can remember (and the memory seems vivid, probably because it startles me so much) the first impression that I received was that of wet dirt. And i'm not talking about those attractive earthy smells like Terre d'Hermes, I'm talking about thick, heavy, dark garden earth fresh out of the plastic bag. Damp and dirty.

I couldn't tell you how it evolves because I washed it off right away. I don't want to smell like a garden wheelbarrow

DuduVonFlapper
DuduVonFlapper

I was very surprised by this one ; I expected to dislike it because I usually go for oriental/woody scents.
It is a very unusual not-so-soft fragance. One could say it is subtly subversive if the notion makes sense.
At the beginning Fleur du Mâle turned very waxy smelling on my skin but it faded little by little to be replaced by the smell of orange blossoms .

This fragance sums up Jean Paul Gaultier's spirit very well , originality , humour , contrastes and androgyny.

costaleo
costaleo

A great choice for those who are tired of the same old men scents. This one brings a new concept, and if tried a few times will show all the beauty in it... I got a sample, wore it a few times. Didn´t like it at first, but now I love it. Just bought a bottle online.

guest_svetlana
guest_svetlana

A strong and very long lasting white floral.
Reminds me of Anais Anais by Cacharel. If used lightly it could be a unique fragrance for women. But would not recomend it for a man.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This is one of those androgynous colognes, created by JPG. At the time I bought my bottle, I saw many comments that it was very feminine and I don't agree at all with these claims. It can even be considered unisex, but female, ever!

Maybe people have created different expectations by seeing the bottle of Le Male white painted, and therefore, decided to label it. Obviously, I believe that if it was released as a "Gaultier² White", or something like that, could have made more sense, either by the expectation of the market or the olfactory trend. Yet, as a fan of the JPG scents, I am obliged to say that this fragrance is very well made.

When I felt it for the first time, I did not like! I found it very sweet and nauseating. A few months later I received a new sample and decided to give it another chance. Well, I don't know if it was my mood, my food habits, etc. all I know is that I really enjoyed.

For me, it's something like Le Male diluted in lots of honey - despite there is no honey listed in its composition – a result of the strong tone of the orange blossom notes. And, obviously, I don't need to comment about its projection and lasting, since we know it’s a Gaultier.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This perfume to me smells like Indian Flowers. It smells like it's got an incensey vibe, with some flowers thrown in for good measure. It definately unusual and pretty darn strong. I would use this sparingly if I were you.
It stands out as so unique to me I love it. It's one of those scents that's gonna p*** people in your vicinity off, or...they're gonna be sniffing your neck like hungry lions. To me?? It's a winner and nothing else out there smells like this (In the commercial scent sense).

KURTISON
KURTISON

LOVE ITS FLORAL NOTES END LASTING POWER.IT WEARS DOMN TO A POWDERY SCENT THATS QUITE PLEASANT1ONE CAN USE JUST A LITTLE THOUGH I USE IT LIBERALLY.NOY FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR FOR THOSE WHO PREFER VERY SUBLTLE FRAGRANCES LIKE BVLGARI FOR MEN OR SUBTLE BY FERREGAMO.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Daisy-chains. That's what this scent reminds me of....especially when you pull apart the yellow centre of the daisy which contains that 'yellow-green' smell.

As much as I love daisies (my favourite flower - how unpretentious & happy they always look!) & enjoy the hay-like qualities of chamomile tea, I cannot enjoy this fragrance, on man or woman. The green here is chartreuse & yet there is mustiness in all this freshness which doesn't allow the orange blossom to fully bloom.

I don't like my daisies torn apart & then stuffed in an old, musty drawer...I'll stick to wearing them in my hair.

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

Hahahaha I laughed with the comment of promoscanner! Well, this is not so bad...Its just a little bit feminime, but after many hours (yes it lasts) its smell more masculine... But this perfume seem to be interesting only for my gay friends...

guynspfld
guynspfld

I think it is manly and I get a lot of compliments from many different people. Nothing feminine about it. Flowers are not exclusivly feminine

jasonx

I give this one another try today and again the only thing that impresses me is the beautiful bottle. The scent itself is too boring, too flowery, too "for women only". Nothing ground-breaking whatsoever about this one. The scent has no personality at all. It's just a deja vu old lady fragrance called "flower of male" which is clearly not. Stay away or buy some much cheaper female fragrances if you want to smell like this.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

It's a great perfume, very sensual and delicious... too bad - I'm allergic to it :(((

jasonx

This smells like half of my Mom's fragrances. The theory of this one is you take an average FEMALE fragrance, put it in a cool bottle related to a classic, come up with an beautiful ad telling that this is a masculine flower scent and the TVC has to mention this is masculine repeatedly, finally put the name Jean Paul Gaultier on it. Then there you go, you have a "flower of male" scent. Are you kidding me?

ZeeK
ZeeK

I tried if I could like JPG offerings: Le Male and Fleur D’ Male. These fragrances in my ultimate opinion (whether good or bad) are typical "metro sexual" realities! Thereafter, being a lasting and silage monsters is an impractical feature for insisting me to put them in any sort of regular usage.

Thumbs Down for having these worst fragrances in my collection. I spent a quite heavy price to get them. Worst 2nd Buy in my 75+ collection is “Le Male” while the 1st one is "Fleur D' Male" (yakhhhhhhh!!!)

And after getting these 2 from JPG, I learnt to try at least twice before buying any PERFUME!

Final Conclusion: Only use in which I can put Le Male is to mix it with some sophisticated heavy & spicy fragrance to give a little sweet touch! And unfortunately can’t put Fleur D’ Male even for such a use.

eduardomm
eduardomm

it doesn't seems to be a masculine fragrance.. but that's the most intersting on jpg fragrances! but i woudn't use this one!

F_A
F_A

Believe it or not, but my nose smells beautiful powdery roses in Fleur Du Male! The smell is so romantic, so sweet and so soft, that it's almost hypnotising. Whenever I sniff it I feel as if I was suddenly falling down on the soft cloud, feeling easy like a feather...

I think men who love Paco Rabanne's Black XS, could also like this one. It's true, the fragrance is very unisex, but I would love to have it in my collection. It is amazing!

acc
acc

it is a trick that they used the same torso shaped bottle as Le Male. this is so synthetic and nauseating, nothing like Le Male, not a brother of it for sure. i do not consider the 10+ hours lasting power as an advantage because it is a 10+ hours of torture with sickening rotten chamomile. not recommended to any age and for any occasion.

ticalau
ticalau

I test this and euhhh... realy don't like it at all! To feminine for my taste! To flowery... smell like teil... :(

desmondorama
desmondorama

One of my favourite fragrances!

It's so unusual and masculine at the same time. It's not for every male, for sure, but for those lucky enough to be daring, the rewards of this perfume are multiple.

guest_Hmmm
guest_Hmmm

Smells a bit like some foundations girls use. I really dislike the strong flowery/musky smell, musty like the wig of a sick grandma in an elderly home.. if you know what I mean.

I just think it is a too heavy sweet smell and I can't imagine any type of guy where this scent would fit.

amanda
amanda

its not very masculin but pleasant to smell, which is the thing in case of an unisex perfume si i guess it can be unisex, and honestly i dont really like it on men, i have met a few people wearing this and didnt give a sexy or masculine impression

tuky
tuky

Sweet and strong but in the same time gentle and soft. J.P Gaultier style. I like it. TOO much is TOO MUCH !!

swedtmolinari
swedtmolinari

So sexy, so cool, so young...FANTASTIC!

Marianne
Marianne

I have to admit that I sometimes use this scent myself because of the gorgeous pure floral (orange blossom) notes that you can't find anywhere else. I would consider it a unisex fragrance.
the blossoms are very feminine but combined with the distinctive Le Mâle scent.
By the way,the feminine touch matches its creator, doesn't it? ;-)

leeloo
leeloo

my boyfrend use it and I like it very much ....

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

It's true that this one it's like a girl scent but I like it for young man and even for me.

2007
promoscanner
promoscanner

Had the chance to test this one out. Stay away! Disgustingly flowery with no redeeming notes. This scent overpowers anything in the room. The type of thing that reminds you of gossipy high-school girls with too much makeup and not enough braincells.

2007

Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.86 out of 5 based on 914 ratings and 215 user reviews

Fleur Du Male Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
FLEUR DU MALE for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
FLEUR DU MALE for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Perfume WorldWide
Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur Du Male Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur Du Male Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Fleur Du Male Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
FLEUR DU MALE for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur Du Male Eau de Toilette Spray, 4.2 fl oz
Perfume WorldWide
Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur Du Male Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur Du Male Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.