Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Fragile Jean Paul Gaultier for women

Fragile Jean Paul Gaultier for women
dislike

tuberose
Fragile Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Fragile Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Fragile Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Fragile Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Fragile Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures

Voluptuous and mystic tuberose which makes you live 'dangerously' rules in the heart of eau de parfum Fragile. As usual, Gaultier plays with our associations. Fragile is the warning word usually printed on the outer package with delicate and breakable items, and the box of Fragile was made in that fashion. It is fun and intriguing. Intoxicating smell of tuberose in the top notes is followed by raspberry leaves and sweet orange blossoms; pink pepper and other spices compose the heart, while the warm woody notes and light musk create a dazzling lingering trace. It was launched in 1999.

The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian.

Italian Tangerine Coriander Ginger Tunisian Orange Blossom Bergamot Star Anise Bulgarian Rose

Carnation Tuberose iris Jasmine Indian Ginger Ylang-Ylang Rose

Amber Cinnamon Musk Vanilla Cedar

eo03
Gold
Fragile Eau de Toilette

Fragile Fragrance Reviews

pravda48
pravda48

I just tried to open my sample of this and the LID BROKE! Omg, life is lol'ing in the corner over there... too funny!

*snicker, giggle* "Get it?! FRAGILE??" -Life

Me: -.-

Anyway it's a beautiful, rich, tuberose/ylang scent! The last few of either of those tones that I've tried were either too 'green' (marc jacobs original) or had that odd rubber kind of under tone (mauboussin, I'm lookin at you). Very happy to find the rich, lusciousness without the oddness.

I'm really rather taken with this! A bit worried to try to get my hands on a bottle though; isn't it doomed to break on the way to me? ;) No really though, it is the best (most pure smelling mix of) tuberose/ylang I think I've ever tried. I hate the bottle but, still tempted.

spritzedsilly
spritzedsilly

I have a mini of this beauty. I can't bring myself to wear it. I don't ever want to be without it. I need a fb for sure. This is one beautiful tuberose. I can not fathom why they would discontinue it.

saramarie88
saramarie88

Gosh i miss this fragrance. Beautiful white floral, all about the Tuberose and Jasmine. Glammest bottle ever!! I wish i could go back a tell my teenager self (who owned this) what a gem they had and not to be so flippant with it's usage. Alas i just didn't appreciate her back then as much as i would now :(

vv1978
vv1978

Purchased only for the gorgeous snow globe lady! I do not think JPG makes one scent female or male that I would enjoy smelling, but glory be the bottles are fab!
Love seeing this one in my collection but not whiffing it!

sueellen
sueellen

one of my favs unfortunatly cant get it anymore :-( can get on ebay but how long have they had it ?really wish i could get this again lasted for ages too.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

This perfume is as sexy and full as the mannequin sitting in the glass dome of the EDP. I adore tuberose and if my "favourites" shelf could hold more, this would definitely make that list. Fragile? On a deeper level maybe, if one would consider the hourglass Marilyn Monroe fragile. Sillage and longevity both very powerful from this mindblowing scent. It's sensual (an overused word but very apt in this case as with my favourite tuberose based scents), animalic (another overused but fitting description) white floral. Gorgeous perfume in a gorgeous bottle. I needed to add that I won't have catergorized this as a purely floral scent, the muskiness and warmth from the amber notes makes me feel that this is more flor-oriental? Just my opinion :)

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

Fragile is one of those pumps floral 90s that's being used to give the message right away, empesteiam environment where all have the opportunity to penetrate and dominate the nostrils strong, and "cause" a nuisance in sensitive aggressive. In its launch year found the powerful Pi de Givenchy, the caffeinated Rocks Man by rocks and Floral Allure EDP. Francis Kurkdjian is behind this power is nothing timid, and Fragile EDP Kurkdjian risked with Dior Homme Cologne, some Demeter's, Elie Saab Le Parfum, Gaultier 2 (delicious) and so on ... Well, Fragile EDP opens with a greenish tint, are bergamot dewy grass by a very small town, then immediately there is an amalgam of Tangerine with Anis that balance and elevate the fragrance; Ginger and Roses, Carnation and the kernels are very powerful Tuberous stars Fragile EDP (feel the same Tubers of Fracas), the fragrance opens impressively happy, and the last notes listed here closes, making it serious, but with power and robustness; your order is truly majestic, as a combination of cedar, Fluted creamy amber and musk he dismisses comfortably behaved, though present, current, existing and super modern. I think the beautiful complexity of the name assigned to the Fragile fragrance, since the fragile only has the girl inside the bell jar in a world immersed in the cerrado and powers of Fragile notes that reveals the shape of the bottle and the box have a meaning totally averse to the proposal, and that's odd. Pump setting and silage above 9am to people totally opposed to the meaning of the name that holds the fragrance.

Credits to my faithful friend Barbarella!

Fragile é uma daquelas bombas florais dos anos 90’s que ao serem usadas dão o recado logo de cara, empesteiam todo o ambiente por onde têm oportunidade de penetrar e dominam as narinas fortes, além de “causar” nas sensíveis um incômodo agressivo. Em seu ano de lançamento encontramos o poderoso Pi de Givenchy, o cafeinado Rochas Man by Rochas e o floral Allure EDP. Francis Kurkdjian está por detrás desta potência nada tímida, além de Fragile EDP, Kurkdjian arriscou com Dior Homme Cologne, alguns Demeter’s, Elie Saab Le Parfum, Gaultier 2 (o delicioso) e por aí vai... Bem, Fragile EDP abre com um tom esverdeado, são Bergamotas orvalhadas por relva do interior do interior, logo em seguida há uma amálgama de Tangerina com Anis que equilibram e elevam a fragrância; Gengibre e Rosas, miolo de Cravo e a potentíssima Tuberosa são as estrelas de Fragile EDP (sinto as mesmas Tuberosas do Fracas), impressionantemente a fragrância abre feliz, e as últimas notas aí listadas a fecha, fazendo dela séria, mas com poder e robustez; seu fim é deveras majestoso, pois numa combinação de Cedro, Âmbar acanelado e Almíscar cremoso ele se despede confortavelmente comportado, porém presente, corrente, existente e super moderno. Acho linda a complexidade do nome Fragile atribuída à fragrância, uma vez que, de frágil só se tem a moça dentro da redoma de vidro num mundo cerrado e submergida nas potencias das notas que Fragile revela, a caixa e o formato do frasco apresentam um significado totalmente avesso à proposta, e isso é impar. Bomba de fixação e silagem acima de 9hs, para pessoas totalmente opostas ao significado do nome que a fragrância sustenta.

Créditos à minha fiel Amiga Barbarella!

Pooja37
Pooja37

Its official! I'm not the only only who has had this for years and not used it... as I won't be able to play with the submerged lady in the glitter globe, anymore, if the perfume is gone... lol! (I just read the review by bikini babe;) Besides, on my skin, it smells sickly sweet - while I adore the bottle, the immaculate tiny lady doll?! (for want of a better description) in the great off shoulder black evening gown, I don't love or even like the way this smells on me, however nice it looks on my shelf! It was a gift from a loved one and in a cuckoo sort of way, I'm glad that I'm not 'in love' with the fragrance, on its own. In all likelihood, its going to sit on my shelf, as good as new and beautify it, for the next few years and keep reminding me of the person who gave me the prettiest perfume, I own, to date!

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I love the "snow globe" effect! I had this many years ago and i was fascinated by the bottle. The perfume had these gold grittery flakes in there that i would love to stir up... YaY! Ummm...yes i was young but i'd still have that reaction today HA HA HA...I'm such a "grown up" =p Now about the perfume itself...it's a bit Va va voom, but that is to be expected. It's not an over the top perfume but it sure stands out. Very elegant and a tad rebellious. Sweet but not too much, warm and flowery at the same time. Wish i had it again. The only problem is i probably wouldn't use it as much because as the perfume is used up the lady is no longer submerged and u cant play with it anymore... when its around her feet its depressing =( u feel like the party is over and u have to face reality again. Its soooo pretty when its new! =)

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

This was my best friend's signature when I first get to know both the scent and my friend. It still was until quite recently when it was sadly and stupidly discontinued. I bought it for her several times as a safe excellent birthday present (I love giving scents and I guess I was willing to smell it on her), but I had always avoided buying the edp for myself despite my love for it, because I felt as if I was somehow betraying my friend (don't know if this story makes sense to someone else). Anyway, last time I went to buy it for her, I was told it was being discontinued, that was when I really decided I had to buy it, now or never situations help sometimes. I definitely wanted it in my collection, I can imagine missing this one very much. Still, I never wear it if I'm going to meet my dearest friend.

Fragile is wonderfully blended, having a beautiful unexpected changing character, I love it for being so unusual and showing different faces in such an interesting way. It sometimes seems soft and sweet, then suddenly can show a hard dark side.

It seems to become more affected than other scents by the user's skin own smell. Though everyone seems to find it so feminine, I love it in men too.

This was Francis Kurkdjian's entrance through the main door in the category of serious women's perfumes after his success with Le male for men. I can't think of a better way to enter the scene. Though some people stated the scent is too tightly anchored to the 90's decade I think it is easy to perceive how much it anticipates other good works by this perfumista. If they refers to its strength I can only say I hope actual trend for light scents wont last forever.

For me Fragile is a must have for all tuberose lovers and for those who appreciate approches which help opening new paths for experimentation, research and discoveries in smelling experience. It isn't about the ingredients it is about a new turn in the proportions and evolution.

I wish it hadn't been discontinued, such a shame when so many bad-cheap-boring-stupid and almost equal perfumes are filling the shelves. A fate of our times, you are allowed to choose as long as you do it between lots of the same stuff. I feel just so lucky to live in a big city where I can find some shops fully focused on niche perfumes where I can go and give a sniff for the contemporary corresponding compositions by this author like subtle Amyris Femme or precious Enlevement au serail, which I hope to own one day to my pleasure extension.

The flaçon is a very nice nostalgic and full of humour design.

Kalinna9
Kalinna9

Since I was like 5 years old I'm obsessed with this one,mainly because of the bottle.I can't remember the smell,because It was 15 years ago when I tried it for the first time.I would really like to have Fragile because I'm really into the 20's and the bottle makes me think of a famous movie star from the golden Hollywood days.

asta.ksivickaite
asta.ksivickaite

The image of the bottle hounts me from the first time I saw this when I was a child. And now I'm thinking of getting it.

spirit966
spirit966

interesting, that Maurice Roucel's Musc Ravageur was a finalised for Fragile but did'nt make the cut.

freddinos
freddinos

Tuberose, jasmine and unfortunately not at all a good match with my skin chemistry. On my mother on the other hand, it was a heavenly light floral scent with the crispness of lilly of the valley. The bottle was amazing though, the snowglobe top was whimsical and looked so good on the vanity!

rita.m
rita.m

زجاجة غريبة وانيقة
اتمنى ان يكون العطر جميل

Jellybean
Jellybean

Tuberose & jasmine. However, nothing new or distinctive here. Starts off soft, but picks up strength with time, old fashioned in a way. The package is very creative. Drydown is too perfumey, too syntheticy; musky floral. Other than white floral, not sure where half of these other ingredients fit, cause I don't smell any of them. Stays on for awhile.

amberdawn
amberdawn

Original design, original scent. I had it 14 years ago and clearly remember the thick and rich smell and the tuberose. Elegant and mature.

ohlenore
ohlenore

I have a bottle of this I bought back in 1999 or 2000. I bought it simply for the bottle. I admit I haven't smelled it in years.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

It discontinued :( I can't even have a sniff of it :(
And i can't buy it online cause I have to try it on my skin first......*sigh*!

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

old hollywood glamour; personified. starts off with a strong hairspray note, melding into ginger spiced tuberose; which is sharp not creamy. I get alot of woody notes out of this, although they aren't listed. It smells golden & rich, a bit bitchy & voluptuous.

miss mills
miss mills

If ever a perfume deserved the name Fragile, by God it's not this one!!! More like Punch Me Hard With Tuberoses. An ex bought this for me - I love/hate it - the bottle is one of my favourites..ever - so fairytale romantic, ah... but the scent, Lordy, what a sucker punch of tropical hot wetness. More syrup than juice, it's humid, dense and sweeeet. Love it, mostly...

NeoJezebel
NeoJezebel

It's the tuberose and orange that does it for me. Such a gorgeous scent and very sexy. It gets mixed reviews from people, but this one is a keeper.

Bettany87
Bettany87

I find this as a fresh take on a classic type of fragrance . I envision old-Hollywood glamour with this scent ... an elegant and vivacious lady wearing this fragrance for a romantic night out. I was surprised that I really, really like it -- I probably shouldn't be surprised since to put it simply, it smells wonderful! I just thought that the bottle is so gorgeous and I won't care if I like how it smells but I am also enjoying the juice inside.

It's distinctly floral, I smell the different flowers instantly and some sweet notes in the background. It's quite a beautiful blend and it smells so luxurious. After a few minutes of spraying it on my skin, the scent that lingered is sweet and very feminine.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I received my 1.6oz bottle today. I must say, I now understand the reviews. I have never experienced tuberose at this level..I wasn't prepared for what I was about to smell. Yes.. the tuberose almost made me dizzy..that's how strong. Then the orange blossom, the the jasmin. This jasmin is TM's Alien's older, mature sister. I smell the anise, coriander..and ginger. Plenty of pink pepper. These notes seem to be changing often as certain ones become dominant and then disappear into the background, setting the stage for the next star of the show. Mature, strong, spicy white floral.

SkylerRay
SkylerRay

I still have this perfume but considering giving it to my mum, this is most defiantly a night scent to wear out for a romantic meal, I have to admit it is a very classy romantic smell for a more mature audience. The bottle is GORGEOUS it looks so cute on any dressing table it's so unique, which is what I love about it! ^.^

This fragrance reminds me sweet feijoa scent, I guess because of the tuberose note maybe mixed with the orange note.
Not my cup of tea. I would even prefer Fragile Eau de Toilette to it. But its bottle is really gorgeous.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

I found 4 50ml 'snowglobe' bottles of Fragile tucked away at the bottom of a shelf in a duty free shop I frequent on my incessant travels. Having recently found out that it is an INCREDIBLE Tuberose I bought one (ridiculously inexpensively) and it is fast becoming one of my favorite frags of all time! I'm passing through the same shop again in a few weeks and will definitely buy the remaining stock!

This thick and creamy white floral bounces off the skin with a fizz ... the ginger in the top undoubtedly responsible for this phenomenon! The Tuberose here is lush and plentiful ... and lasts at least 10 hours on my skin. In fact, this fragrance is so well composed (even the musk which I usually abhor is very well behaved) that it's discontinuation boggles the mind. It's not overtly feminine on me. If you like Tuberose and you haven't tried this you are surely missing out on one of the most beautifully crafted white florals of the turn of the century!

Yes, it's heavy ... yes, it throws back to the late 90's ... yes, it'a a sillage monster!! YES, YES, YES ... it has all the things I like in a perfume. Simply wonderful!!! Bravo Mons. Kurkdjian.

passionata20

I do apologize since this is not a real review, but i couldn´t not to write it.
The tragedy has happened!!! JPG fragrances officially confirmed that this unbelievable feminine and amazing fragrance is not available in retail anymore (i have sent them a request). I guess this means it has been now discontinued both in EDP and EDT. I CAN`T BELIEVE IT!!! This must be one of the most beautiful fragrances out there ever and one of the most unique bottles!!! I do hope that they will redecorate it in a more simple bottle and relaunch (maybe the bottle was too expensive to produce?), since i use it heavily and soooo in love with this beauty. I simply don´t get it, why JPG discontinued it, they don´t have many fragrances, so it makes no sense. This is outstanding and truly Gaultier. I don´t care for EDT but i can´t imagine my life without a bottle of EDP "Fragile" :( SAD.

yazounet
yazounet

This one is the most floral yet the most feminine -not girly- fragrance in the company. It was the most avantgarde piece when first released. It has a powerful tuberose note. And orange blossom and jasmine are noticeable. I confirm it is discontinued. We can not even buy the perfume on jeanpaulgaultier.com . My friend just saw a FRAGILE in Prague Airport. Maybe if you hurry up you can buy the last bottle.

dido1974
dido1974

Unfortunately it has been discontinued :(
I'm really upset, this perfume was unique. No similar fragrance exists, it was sharp, sexy and adorable.
I'm very very sad... :(

jellybeantree

I am afraid this one is getting discontinued. Can anyone verify this?

passionata20

I have been wearing this one lately quite a lot since this is my top 5 favorite fragrance and especially for winter and i couldn´t stop wondering how the name of the fragrance is chosen so rigt for this masterpiece of JPG. Just whem you expect it to be powdery and heady (something like Classique by JPG which i also like by the way) this one turns out to be indeed one of the most fragilest scents ever. And i spray it a lot onto myself and i don´t suffocate at all. They say that if a person can´t smell a scent while wearing it but all the others can, thenit suits him/her the best. This is my case with Fragile. While the combination of tuberose and rose might let you think that this is a headache indulging perfume it is actually not in any of this kind. Very light, yet very stable and very present it is alsways with you, but it also suurounds you and leaves a one of the most wonderful traces of them all. Vanilla is adding that extra point to Fragile, but again not making it heady or intoxicating. This is amazing how all those notes that usually weight down the fragrance are adding light and height to it here. A true masterpiece NOT TO BE COMPARED WITH THE EDT VERSION!!!! They are not the same!!! Just have a SLIGHT similarity, but waaaay too different. I don´t find it in any way sharp or outdated, absolutly not! Too bad that EDp is getting hard to get and though i have 5 bottles backed up i guess i will use them quite quickly since i use it really a lot.
By the way i just discovered that this is now my winter-time night club fragrance. Previously i used "Desnuda" by Ungaro as my going-out-all-year-round-fragrance but now i have another one escpecially for winter time. I have been wearing it lately several times to nightclub and was afraid at first that it might be too heavy, but surprisingly not!!! Keeps me fresh and nice scented all night long which is amazing and biggest bonus that it is completly different from all the others that wear floral-fruity fragrances to the night club.
THIS WAS A REVIEW FOR Eau De Parfum VERSION ONLY!
P.S. I read that some people compare it to J´adore by Dior! What a NONSENCE!!! no no no! It is far more complex and rich and incredible than J´adore! Please do not be fooled by this comparision. And don´t think that EDT of Fragile is just slighlty lighter than the EDP, No! they are two quite different fragrances.

emily7
emily7

It has been an eternity since the last time I tested Fragile (EDP).
The bottle - I still find it to be perfect, but the perfume... still incomprehensible to me.

Tuberose with really sharp, pointy teeth.
Ginger? I'll take it only in Asian dishes, thank you very much.

Fragile appeared in 1999. still I believe it's so stuck in the 90's.

sherien
sherien

I have it and on my skin it smells alot like Juicy Couture by JC

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

LOL Daisey.. yes, it really is quite the dilema ':/. These really should be refillable. Wait, are they?

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Being a bit of a bottle freak, I had to have this one. But the contents is sooo yummy, also slightly bitter! I love it! There is a minty note lingering at the end, it's probably the anise. It brings a certain freshness to the whole, and makes it also suitable for day use. However, using it is a dilemma since the bottle looks much better full...

TiaTia
TiaTia

so this scent is strong.
this scent is a kind of shelter for me, protection. is like a guardian.
it makes me feel strong and feminine.
not like catwoman but more like a lady who enjoys being herself. she has her own mind and energy to stand on her own feet. and out of the crowd. as a woman.

i love the strong tuberose smell and the spices and i love the lasting power.
and i love the way it makes me feel.

jazmam
jazmam

Absoltely adore this bottle, the contents are very nice, but if not for bottle I might not want IT's a must have for colelctors :)

noruwei
noruwei

oh the irony. when the title gives the notion that this perfume is subtle and demure, the packaging and the smell suggest otherwise.very very intoxicating indeed.small doses are adequate enough,too much can be too overpowering

totally suitable for a candle light dinner with someone special,in France perhaps?

blueelm
blueelm

Oh I love this scent. My bottle of the EDP is many years old now, but still smells as rich and intoxicating as ever. It's one of those scents you need to apply conservatively. Well, I love tuberose so much that I even love scents that don't do a good enough job with tuberose. To me though, Fragile is freaking awesome.

I wonder if they still refill the old snow globes?

Yeah, it's kitschy. The scent is almost kitschy too though, like a Christmas tree covered in tinsel with a picture of Peggy Lee on top.

nausikaa
nausikaa

i may be crazy but when i tried this recently, all i got was some disgustingly sweet sirupy fruit salad. made me think abaout a giant peach candy... :S

zvoncica
zvoncica

Fragile is a kind of a perfume which made me ask myself how come ive never tried it before, and why isnt this more popular?

Cause Fragile deserves attention, it is the most positive perfume surprise ive bumped into lately. Sophisticated turbulence of spices, flowers and fresh notes. Will only say that Fragile EDP is rather strong and longlasting perfume, more suitable for winter wear. Ill talk about EDT version, but not about notes, layers or ingredients.

Fragile EDT is a smell of Audrey in Breakfast at Tiffany.
The classy New Yorker from partying society.
Sweet girl with simplistic glamour and style.
Dreamer with a cat in her arms.
Wet eyed women in love.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Finally I can review the EDP version which is far different from EDT.
EDP is still an 'all about tuberose' fragrance but it is more spicy and woody than EDT.
To my surprise, both editions (EDT and EDP) smell just as powerful and last long.
EDP is more elegant and it is certainly not a casual fragrance. It will go great with a dark velvety dress, deep red lipstick and Manolo heels.
Fragile is a wonderful fragrance for those of you wanting a special fragrance on a special night out.
Mature, classy and not an overly popular fragrance, which is a big advantage. In the end which one of you wishes to smell like half of the crowd on a posh banquet night???

Louw
Louw

I know this may sound a bit strange, but I find this quite strongly orange-scented. None of the other reviews seem to mention this, so I think it must be something about my skin chemistry! I really get that orangey tang very strongly, and as you might know if you've seen some of my other reviews, I dislike that intensely.

Weirdly, I don't smell the tuberose at all or the spices and I find it quite powdery when it dries down.

romrom
romrom

I had the oil many years ago, the scent is very nice and sophisticated but I think its perfect for a night out or a place you want to stand out in. for me it was too strong and I ended up giving it away to a good friend who really like it.

HOTCHIC
HOTCHIC

amazing appearance, I've never try the smell, but I think it looks so lovely.

liebe
liebe

Can someone PLEASE tell me whether or not this fragrance is discontinued? If it is not then where can I find it? I LOVE this fragrance!!

olga1780
olga1780

It was quite a surprise to me. I expected deep, dark rose, and instead I got bright, fresh, dewy and spicy rose. Very unique and unlike all rose perfumes I have. It could be definitely worn for a night out in warmer weather, beacuse it has great sillage but not heavy and oppressive.
The bottle looks gorgeous to look at, but to use- is a real disaster. You have to aim and hope at the same time that the spary will sray and not squirt.
Overall beautiful and very elegant perfume.

cornflakes
cornflakes

I was disappointed with this perfume. To me it smelled bland and boring. It reminded me of those cheap, common perfumes that were around in the 80's like Cie and Babe.

Adelaide
Adelaide

It starts out sharp, but it shimmers down when it reaches the base note. The packaging is GORGEOUS. This perfume overall is is very classy and sophisticated, like the kind of perfume you'd wear to a black tie affair

jellybeantree

Yes that's the one I have, the new one, it's possible that it smells lighter,still has good staying powder though. I guess the only way to find out is to find and older version and compare! Thanks for the input! Pasionata

passionata20

Jellybeantree: "Fragile" was absent form the shops for a while, then it got back but, for example, the EDP version is now in different box (more simple), i don´t know about the fragrance itself, i tried the tester in shop and it smells quite the same but i am not 100% sure.

UPDATE! Ladies! I have an official answer from "Parfums Jean Paul Gaultier" stating that the formula of "Fragile" hasn´t been changed, only packaging. So it must be as good as it was. And i also got confirmation from them that "Fragile" never existed in pure parfum concentration. So if anyone was interested, it´s just good to know. Hope it helps.

jellybeantree

Some people think this fragrance is discontinued, but it isn't , at least not in Europe! The edp and edt are available!

Mehach
Mehach

This is much like Jivago, 24 K, though softer than that I just bought for the bottle btw.

jellybeantree

Wow a lot of negative reviews on this one, when it first came out I loved it but I felt to young to wear such a sophisticated fragrance! Now I am ready... This is an unbelievably fresh fragrance on me , the ginger comes through a lot also , I like this is bottle worthy for sure! Long lasting also, win.

malia
malia

The bottle alone already deserves an award! Plus it's filled with that amazing, delicious, gorgeous perfume. It's a treat by all means. Thank you, Jean-Paul. Fragile is what men might become smelling this sensuel scent on a woman.

passionata20

First when it came out i didn´t pay much attention to that scent and forgot about it until now! recently i tried it at my friends house and my first impression was: "disgusting!". Very spicy and powderly scent. Very harsh! But then after 15 minutes i couldn´t stop sniffing my wrist again and again! It became incredibly sensual and elegant at the same time! This is definitly a winter time fragrance, also very good on a fur. What Dior´s "Addict" couldn´t give me, this one has it! This one is becoming my definite favorite winter time fragrnace, since i have now a lot of bottles stocked up.
I am so in love with this fresh but frosty scent! It is somehow so floral but also very mature and captivating without being a simple floral fragrance. When i look at the composition notes i see a very complex fragrance that transforms after application and that is what i like! I feel like it has honey in it because it smelles so like honey in some way.
It has an incredible staying power!
The drydown is soooo fantastic! I was wondering what smelled so good on my furs lately and then realized it was Fragile!
Oh, and of course the bottle is fantastic, though i find applying it more difficult and uncomfortable than with normal up side sprayer.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I’m a perfume snob of sorts. I admit it. Whenever I test a commercial, celebrity, or designer scent I do it in total privacy, when no one else is in the house and I don’t have to go out, for fear it will be a scrubber that has the sillage of an atomic bomb and is impossible to eradicate entirely from my skin. Often I’m pleasantly surprised to find that I like the perfume in question, and to my delight, that’s what happened with Fragile.

The EdP is a strong, spicy floral that includes the usual citrusy topnotes along with a whole mélange of floral notes including a bit of the tuberose that everyone mentions. It’s not really a tuberose fragrance, though, it’s more of a generic floral. I’m not fond of florals, but Fragile has enough cinnamon and other spice notes to cut the flowers down to a reasonable size. The ginger that’s listed in the notes doesn’t really pop out, but I think it’s helpful in counterbalancing all of the floral notes. Good thinking.

After a few minutes I can smell the vanilla in the base, but it stays in the background. In the drydown the floral component eventually fades, leaving behind a low-key vanilla amber.

It’s fortunate that I didn’t see the picture of the bottle before I tested the stuff from my plain cylindrical sample sprayer or I would have been irreversibly prejudiced. That bottle is the most god-awful piece of kitsch I’ve seen for a long time. What’s it supposed to be, a snow globe that sprays its liquid through the base? What a revolting idea. Yes, snow globes are fragile. They break if smashed by small children curious about what’s inside. The result doesn’t smell good, believe me. Sillage is considerable, but not overpowering, and longevity is at least 24 hours. Bottom line: Fragile is a fairly ordinary, but pleasant fragrance.

mery09
mery09

I have a small bottle of 25 ml and it is really gorgeous,but I expected so much from the perfume but...nothing interresting.It's elegant,no doubt,but not my cup of tea.I bought this for the bottle,Curious ,all my friends love this perfume but for me it's like J'adore from dior,and I don't like that one either.

fiona_sigourney
fiona_sigourney

Super sexy, bought it so many years ago for collection... but I accidentally dropped it on the ground. My room smelled really sexy for a couple of weeks...

SugarBABE
SugarBABE

I agree with JOAN this perume is amazing!!!So sexy and incredible feminine...I use it for special occasions only and get a lot of compliments...

p.s. This bottle rocks!!!!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

My good friend has just given me a mini of this in it's beautiful little bottle that she's had unopened since the 90's. I really like it and find it very much akin to 'Boucheron' which I have, and love. Lush, strong and floral, I can see why it didn't quite take off in the minimal 90's with CK One fever at its zenith! I actually remember trying it at the time and not being keen, but now I'm 38 I find it much more to my taste. It suits the female image in the bottle - strong, glamourous and elegant. Sillage and longevity are pretty good. The only moan I have is that it's a bit linear with no perceptible different notes in the drydown.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Fragile starts off smelling really strong and overpowering, but after that I smell mostly jasmine. I like it a lot and that bottle really won me over... gotta have it!!!

muza
muza

EDT is very different from EDP to my nose. The EDT is soft and smells more like shampoo or something. But the EDP is what I like strong with lots of tuberouse.

kittymoon
kittymoon

Isn't that the most wonderful flacon idea?! I liked the smell but I didn't love it. I would not wear it again. Misleading name, it's strong and very womanly. For me it smells like a classy woman in a red dress, high heels and lots of golden jewellery.

JOAN
JOAN

AMAZING SMELL!!!Very glamorous and luxurious!With an intense opening and really long lasting!The bottle is absolutely gorgeous!So Fragile is definitely a treasure for everyone perfume collection!

Ivy
Ivy

I purchased this one about 10 years ago. It was a blind buy and I got it mainly because I loved the bottle. I never liked the fragrance and it just sat on my vanity. I'll have to give it another try.

lucifera
lucifera

hmm yummy totally awesome frag! very very longlasting,i dislike classique so i find fragile a true improvement!

wich i can't say from his new "madame"
-_-

So thumbs UP for fragile! ;-)( and francis!)

texasvogue
texasvogue

Incredible! I love this scent. I received it once for a gift. Used it up then had trouble finding it again. Very classic,strong and eternal scent.

For me Fragile is not fragile, but rather a mix of fragility and strenghth. It dangerously walks in balance between the two.
It is absolutely and mainly tuberouse, a real tuberouse fragrance. At a certain point I can't smell anything else in spite of the presence of so many notes, maybe complementary. It smells a little fresh at the beginning then it becomes a total floral bomb, very classic scent for a fancy woman dressed in furs and heels like in old days. Still it manages to keep some edges of innocence till the end. The "fragile" part? It's captivating like a woman who pretend to be so defenseless and play the part to attract men and when they discover her true naughty and heartless nature.
I somehow like it, I don't wear it. The bottle is original and ironic.
captivating

otroyansky
otroyansky

This is one of my most favorite scents! I've had for ever and ever....too bad its hard to find it unless you order it online. I dont know WHY they discontinued it! I am in love with this scent...its timeless

Trvevil
Trvevil

Fragile is really like Gaultier fragrance, it's obvious if you try Classique as well- there's a signature.
I don't think it worked on me- on my skin I got very much something that smelled like honey and fades away from skin in few hours- leaving aroma of cedar and amber and cinnamon. On my sleeve it stayed longer and smelled better too- there wasn't that much of anise/ ginger- I think those smelled intense right after the very first spray. I also feel there tuberose- quite strong. All blend reminded me Fairy Dust at top note phase- very interesting, multifaceted fragrance.
If only it had better staying power- Classique stayed a long time on me.
It really is very elegant and posh as some described. It's more aimed at women in their thirties or everyone who likes elegant, expensive perfumes with a touch of classic.
The bottle is funny- like those snow globes (funny name to them) you have motif in (usually wintertime)- I have gotten those on Christmas or New Year. I would grab it and shake furiously and then watch the 'snow' and glitters swirl around and settling down quite fast. This Fragile bottle is literally almost the same- I haven't think a long to figure out how to spray it- just push that thing down- but I wonder where does the glitter may stuck in a sprayer. I would be happy to own a mini bottle of this just because the bottle.

ktv0926
ktv0926

The scent is very creamy in the beginning, sweet and sour at the same time. There's no freshness in it, I would call this scent stuffy.

It doesn't go along with the name, it's more "solid" then fragile, in my opinion.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I agree - it is a little like Sunflowers...but much less sweet & orangey, & more floral (definitely tuberose) & a sour-champagney quality. I can see how it could pack that headache punch, but luckily not for me. I am not over-the-moon with it - but the packaging is fab....that's the only fragile thing about it! ;p

Love the packaging, but the strong white tuberose scent is not that new or earthshattering. Very pretty, though and would wear elegantly. Probably a bit strong for office wear, but this would work really well with furs and a little black dress. If you don't like white flowers, steer clear.

Elitsa
Elitsa

The bottle is absolutely gorgeous - may be the most unique and creative between all.
The perfume is strong, sharp, classical, feminine....but it is so harsh on the skin, i had a awful headache after using it, it's like a floral bomb and very long lasting. It' s not my scent but because of the bottle it worth it!!

Rach86
Rach86

A gorgeous fragrance. When I first smelled it I was reminded of Elizabeth Arden's Sunflower, and when I checked it out I found that they share many of the same notes.

The rose, jasmine, and bergamot are most prominent with my chemistry.

guiwings
guiwings

Like you all have said: the botle is gorgeous!

I liked the perfume when I tested it. After some time it became strong. I would like to smell it once in a while.

mariesthlm
mariesthlm

just shaking the flacon a bit and see the goldflakes swirl made me happy.
this made me feel like a lady someone from a 40`s movie. there I am with a gorgeous black evening dress on, pale skin, red lips and a martini in my hand waiting for Daniel Craig to walk into the room and gasp at my beauty.

AmilkA
AmilkA

that's a very feminine and elegant scent. classical. just like the statue inside the bottle :)

dioradddict
dioradddict

my sister has the edp version and i bought the edt for me...but the only thing i can smell in it is the tuberose note, and so i always keep on waiting for something that reminds me of the spicy and creamier notes i can feel in the edp version but it doesn´t come...so i gave the edt to my sis...and then i saw here that they are really very different composed... edt version is very similar to edp, but is not the same parfum at all...i prefer edp on my skin... i read some review here that it could reminds of amarige....maybe, the same style, but i woudn´t choose to wear amarige today because it would be a trip to my past memories (but I like it!) ...

barbiot35
barbiot35

I've worn it at the first year of college, it was good at first but 1-2 months ago turned it to a terribly boring scent for me:(

guest_Marie J
guest_Marie J

How do you spray this out? This is the most unique beautiful bottle I have seen other than the one that looks like the taj mahal trimmed in rose gold I don't know the name of that one but it is beautiful. I wouldn't even care how this one smells I want the snow globe.

azuriiita
azuriiita

"Intoxicating smell of tuberose in the top notes" is a good description about this perfume. Followed by rare spicy citrus-gin and sweet -intoxicating too- heavy notes, in a sort of fragrance to mature women... or a woman that really wants say: ¡¡¡Im here!!! by her fragrance.

Regularly I'm like tuberose notes... but it is not a good example. This it's not bad at all... but neither it's good.

it's like a rare gin tonic perfume jajaja

F_A
F_A

I don't know why but my nose smells dry martini and mint when wearing this fragrance. It is fresh, but at the same time very feminine, chic, luxurous and with a very good staying power. Interesting fragrance!

Althea
Althea

glamorous, luxurious, just feeling unbelievably sexy wearing it, matched with expensive heels and a bag...drives men crazy :)

pearl
pearl

It is a strong and somehow a "vintage" scent, something you feel you have smelled before, but you cannot specify when and where... On me smells like pure gardenia, although I cannot see gardenia among its notes.

Basia
Basia

I hate it. It is way too strong. I got it from a friend who disliked it but had to get rid of it myself as is is virtually unweareable.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

This EDP and the EDT are total opposites. Of course, the EDP is way stronger, but in it I smell nothing but honey, and I don't think honey is even a note in it. It's thick and rich, it's spicy with some strong, dark florals , "posh" is a good way to explain it, like Leukothea said. Reminds me of fur coats and heavy jewelry, not very fragile to me. It's a smooth, daring fragrance, I would prefer wearing it in the winter. However, I don't like this one very much myself.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

i tested it today and i found it quite elegant and sophisticated, although kind of sharp at the begining. the spices are dominant at the begining and i could not distinguish the florals. after the sharp but fragile opening, it becomes milder and softer, but still elegantly thin. nice! and i love teh bottle. it is really gorgeous.

Fragile by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.75 out of 5 based on 531 ratings and 90 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fragile by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fragile by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.