Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Fragile Eau de Toilette Jean Paul Gaultier for women

Fragile Eau de Toilette Jean Paul Gaultier for women
dislike

tuberose
Fragile Eau de Toilette Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Fragile Eau de Toilette Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Fragile Eau de Toilette Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Fragile Eau de Toilette Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures

The Eau de toilette version of the famous perfume was created at a later stage. Despite its general resemblance to Fragile, it is still a fragrance in and of itself. The night queen and tuberose, together with mouthwatering citruses create a fresh and luminescent beginning. The composition's soft heart is made of floral notes, and voluptuous tuberose is again in the center of attention, moderately sweet, moderately wild, all but innocent. The musk notes are in the soft base. The perfume was created in 2001 The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian.

Lemon Orange Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper Raspberry

Orange Blossom Tuberose

Musk Woodsy Notes

J`adore

Fragile Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Scentsofwellbeing
Scentsofwellbeing

Why Jean Paul Gaultier discontinued "Fragile" for women will go down as one of the greatest mysteries in fragrance history. A spectacular, smooth and "modern" take on the tuberose flower. Maybe it was ahead of its time? Maybe it was too sophisticated because it didn't smell like a grandmother?

Whatever the reason may be, I was truly disappointed when I found out it was discontinued. Still, I ended up buying a bottle on EBAY and I enjoy it every once in a while.

I only hope JPG will bring back this masterpiece of a floral!

unlitcigar
unlitcigar

It smells like very very dilute version of J'Adore minus other notes, plus ylang ylang. If 'almost nothing' had a scent, Fragile EDT would be it. It is as fragile as the aura of boiled water, with one white flower and a ylang ylang flower thrown in. And maybe a doll head steeped in it for that added innocence & fragility.

Julia1506
Julia1506

This fragrance was my signature one for a last 7 years, one of my all-time favorites. I love everything about it, from the elegant, beautiful feminine scent to the fantastic design of the bottle. This fragrance always draws attention to the person wearing it. I was non-stop asked by men what is the name of perfume I'm wearing. It is constantly draws compliments. It is very hard to describe this fragrance. It is floral, but in its special, sophisticated way. The notes are very good balanced, nothing "loud" about this perfume. Very classic, still modern. It is long lasting, but not over-powering, not even at the very first moment you spritz it on your skin.
Unfortunately it was discontinued and the only place to get it is on-line, but I'm not sure about a quality of these products.

fedz
fedz

I saw it in one of the biggest stores in my country and I was very surprised.
Is "Fragile" edt out again?

SakuyaJemJem
SakuyaJemJem

Reminds me of Dior J'adore at first sniff. Very beautiful and feminine. After a few minutes I notice some fruity scent which makes it much deeper and sweeter than J'adore. I like it a lot.

The bottle is stunning. I love that it has magnet inside the golden part of the bottle so it's very easy to put a cap back on.
The sillage and longevity are moderate but acceptable for EDT.

Kyperkat
Kyperkat

One of my all time favorites, and the first full sized fragrance I bought. There is just a tiny bit left in the bottle and it smells like rancid alcohol with one or two of the base notes left. I will never throw the bottle though. Too pretty. WHY did they have to discontinue this one?!? Why?

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Only Jean Paul Gaultier could make the edp and the edt smell like 2 different things. LOL Genius!

The edt was a distant memory of its more seductress counterpart, the edp "snow globe"... and it wasn't as much fun to play with either. But i did give it a try and obviously i liked it =)

Sadly this 2 has been discontinued and the "fermented" ones that u can still buy online... well i'm just 2 afraid 2 touch =(... they surely wont smell the same and the overpricing is ridiculous.

Just because it's old ppl doesn't make it "vintage"! Ha ha ha! =P

Namida
Namida

Office friendly tuberose!

Silvery
Silvery

Sparkling fruity CHAMPAGNE! :))

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

WEIRD...! ALL I CAN SMELL IS JASMINE!! MAYBE A BIT OF CITRUSS... BUT THE JASMINE IS VERY DOMINANT! STRANGE THING THIS EAU DE TOILETTE DOES NOT CONTAIN JASMIN NOTES! o.O

naderz
naderz

I wanted this fragrance for months and finally ended up buying it online- it's really nice but I'm a little disappointed because I thought it would smell like the EDP, and it doesn't at all. This is much more floral (of which I'm not a huge fan) and so I'm a bit upset that I shelled out and didn't end up with the fragrance I wanted.

Light fruity floral. Somehow this fragrance reminds me L'eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake or just light fragrances with the melon note rather than citrusy tuberose fragrances.
I would say that this fragrance has almost nothing similar with the original Fragile. As for me, I would prefer this edt version.

monamonib
monamonib

ibought it yestrday for me ismell the citrus note for two minutes then it turns into sandelwood after that really it was offer buy one get one free ithougt that was the EDP but after iopen it idiscover it was EDT no matter igot sad but for EDT it stays long.

maiker
maiker

LOVE THIS. IT SMELL JUST LIKE J'ADORE... AND THE BOTTLE ES WONDERFULL. SMELL LIKE WHITE FLOWERS. THIS IS VERY SPECIAL.

pisces3774
pisces3774

I love this and used to wear it. Interestingly, to my nose, Burberry's Brit, Juicy Couture, and this smell almost exactly alike, but with slightly different dry downs.

10/14/11
Interesting: London = Juicy Couture = Jean Paul Gualtier Fragile. At least on my skin. Wearing all three right now, and they're almost indistinguishable. The Fragile turns a little softer - almost a green tea note. The JC gets a little bit of a bubblegum note as it dries down. The London gets a little warmer. But extremely, surprisingly similar!

buvcus
buvcus

the very first perfume that doesn't contain rose and i like...suprisingly it doesn't have as much flower as it smells.but really good and lasts very long time.It is also very different from its edp version.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

When I first smelled Fragile EDT, I thought there were lots of different flowers on it. I´m quite surprised there´s only tuberose. I couldn´t feel the fruit notes but just a hint of citrus right after spraying it on my wrist, and soon it turned into a truly floral scent. Tuberose smells stronger than musk all the time. In fact, Fragile EDT is very strong. The lasting power and sillage of many EDP fragrances are not even half as good.
Overall it seems to be a very high quality perfume and much more complex than it really is. The scent is absolutely feminine in a retro style. I wouldn´t dare wearing it on summer here in Brazil, but I think it would be a very good choice for cold evenings. As an everyday scent, I guess it would become cloying, yet it´s a very ellegant one.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I never knew I was going to say this but I truly appreciate (if not start to love) Fragile.
It was because I bought it blind and it was only afterwards I noticed it possess a tuberose note...a very distinctive one...
And I usually hate tuberose directed fragrances.
To my surprise the tuberose comes as a gentle, warm and enveloping note in Fragile as oppose to being loud and suffocating.
Fragile EDT truly smells far more complex than the notes above suggest.
It is a fragrance with a very well behaved tuberose giving some space to other notes. It also strikes me to see that there is no other floral notes in Fragile EDT, yet it appeals to me as a sophisticated bouquet rather than a simplistic fragrance.
I shall cherish it and wish to recommend it to all of you who appreciate gentle soft florals - Fragile is an adequate addition to your office and casual wardrobe.
It has good silage and lasting power for an EDT.
I am now looking forward to try the EDP version. Even though the tuberose note is still present in EDP, I still have high hopes to love the EDP version, perhaps even more than EDT...

First of all, I think the sample that I bought of Fragile EDT is a little off. The top notes that I'm experiencing is something that I liken more to the scent of nail polish remover rather than perfume.

Thankfully after the hideousness that was the top notes, I can get a feel for the fragrance once it dries down to the heart. This fragrance is certainly a very green, somewhat sharp tuberose and citrus blend. Because of the way it has been composed, Fragile EDT strikes me as a white floral with fruity nuances, so not as creamy and soft as one would expect.

There's a lot of guts to this fragrance, particularly in terms of the sillage. Some reviewers are mentioning pear, and while it's not listed in the scent pyramid, I can also smell it. Fragile EDT to my nose, smells like a richer, more mature version of Curious by Britney Spears.

It's quite elegant and in some ways classy. The bottle is absolutely captivating with its glittery, snow globe look, however if I owned a bottle I'd be cautious of using it too much, because the snow globe wouldn't function the same way.

EDIT:
I managed to find a tester bottle that wasn't off, and I am happy to report that the pear note is present along with the white florals like I assumed it would be. It's a little different to a majority of white floral scents, and overall quite intriguing.

passionata20
passionata20

Very different from EDP version, this one is more fresh and has more citrus notes in it. I do not like it, as it is a very simple scent and nothing to be compared with an EDP, they have almost no resemblance to each other. As i see a composition, i see that this one is a very simple, unlike the very complex scent of EDP. To me EDP is a stunner, amongst my top 5 favorites but this one is simple light floral fragrance, which is not bad, but is not worth of bearing the same name with EDP version. Please expect a very drastic difference between those two.

HAnah
HAnah

I have no too much comment about this fragrance, i suppose that is becose i didnt like too much. I remember that was a scent a littlen heavy, i suposse because musk and never linked it with citrus scent....i will not repeat

Volta
Volta

Strange, but I almost 100% sure that there is a strong note of pear at the beginning!

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

This fragrance makes me so happy! I bought it when I was 16 and I really thought it through, trying the tester for months to make sure that I liked it. Its all flowers with a little citrus thrown in. The flowers remain prsent until the end, it doesnt suddenly become just musk. Nothing smells like this, but the impact it had on me is similar to Lulu Guinness by Lulu Guinness. It goes great with a red scarf!

succubus
succubus

Am wearing it right now. Tee-hee.

I smelt just a hint of the top notes - lemon, orange, and mandarin orange - because the tuberose was so strong, though not cloying. As it dries down, the combination of tuberose and musk makes me smell fresh and expensive. I like this one a lot.

lucifera
lucifera

this perfume could be quite a man magnet, ow yes :-p to me EDP is better for getting the effect like on the first image *lol*

btw: i see a typo ;-)

KasiaS
KasiaS

My favourite every day-perfume, it's very, very feminine, nicely old-fashioned, confident and serene. Citrus notes don't make it nor too sweet neither sour, just fresh, luminous and sparkling in a nice, moderate way. I smell a bit of pear and honey. It's very elegant and I find it sexy, in a classic way, like a day-time diva from the 40s. Like all the Gaultiers, this one too is very original.

luz
luz

I have tried only the edt. It smells similar to J'Adore edp version.. very nice, but the tuberose grows too much on my skin and the drydown is very resinlike.

dioradddict
dioradddict

i agree when Aeternitas guest says

" It's as though for the EDT they took out all the key notes in the EDP. It lacks a lot of depth, unlike the parfum. This one is most suitable for the summer since it is light and sparkling"

perfect description!

the tuberose note is too strong and proeminent to my nose....unfortunately...so i gave it to my sister, who has the edp version too and really like them both!

2012 - and now, some years later, more mature nose maybe, i can tell that i like this EDT version, the note that annoyed me once don´t do it anymore... I use it spraying generously because of the EDT longevity. beautiful scent, rich and happy at same time! the dry down is the same of the edp, just the top notes are brighter.

black bacarra
black bacarra

Not for tropical weather. It smells a bit heady and strong. In europe it's sexy, in the humid tropics it's migraine inducing.

nemo
nemo

It is my favourite perfume ever. Absolutely love it. The scent is great, feminine and the bottle amazing.

Aeternitas

I just got the full bottle of this, and contrary to the Fragile EDP, it's very light. It's as though for the EDT they took out all the key notes in the EDP. It lacks a lot of depth, unlike the parfum. This one is most suitable for the summer since it is light and sparkling. I didn't like it as much as I remembered liking it in the store. The top notes are fruity, but not like most fruity perfumes, it's a more sophisticated fruitiness, and the rest is tuberose and something bubbly I can't put my finger on. It's an okay perfume.

Aeternitas

I'm not a fan of Jean Paul Gaultier's fragrances, but this one is very appealing to me. As the description states, it's very luminescent. I find it to be a very classic, and expensive smelling perfume. Strong, feminine, and confident. And the bottle is beautiful!

Fragile Eau de Toilette by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.89 out of 5 based on 206 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fragile Eau de Toilette by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fragile Eau de Toilette by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.