Designers » I-K » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Gaultier 2 Jean Paul Gaultier for women and men

Gaultier 2 Jean Paul Gaultier for women and men
dislike

I have it: 895 I had it: 390 I want it: 526 My signature: 19

Gaultier 2 Jean Paul Gaultier for women and men Pictures Gaultier 2 Jean Paul Gaultier for women and men Pictures Gaultier 2 Jean Paul Gaultier for women and men Pictures Gaultier 2 Jean Paul Gaultier for women and men Pictures Gaultier 2 Jean Paul Gaultier for women and men Pictures

Gaultier 2 by Jean Paul Gaultier is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. Gaultier 2 was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian. The fragrance features amber, musk and vanilla.

Amber Musk Vanilla

Altamir
Classique
Pi
Pi Fraiche

Gaultier 2 Fragrance Reviews

silentman26
silentman26

Daring, sweet and strong. Back to the roots of fragrances ... when perfumes had no gender ... Opens with a big blast of prominent vanilla ... sweet like candy or bubble gum ... joined by caramelized amber ... and a hint of musk ... three elements from top to bottom ... a bit gourmand ... mainly sweet ... create the perfect juice ... with longevity and projection at beast mode! A sublime scent!

PurestJade
PurestJade

This is my first review and I don't have the most seasoned nose, but hopefully this helps someone else! This was a blind buy for me, and I LOVE it. It has quickly found its way into my signature collection. This fragrance is lusciously sweet. On me, I get a decent intensity of all the notes (vanilla, amber, musk), with musk front and center. After a few minutes, the warmth of the amber amps up a bit, and the vanilla keeps it creamy and sweet. Gaultier^2 lasts FOREVER on my skin (10+ hours, as many as 14). Initially (and for approx. 3-6 hours), the fragrance carries well. After 6 hours, it's closer to my skin, but can still be heard from a bit beyond armslength range. In the drydown, it is a boozy, sweet (but not sickeningly so) vanilla with a deep musk and a warm vanilla nipping at its heels.

It could just be on my skin, but I definitely get a very faint leather-ish sort of smell, but it's off somewhere in the distance. I feel that "certain something" (the "leather-ish" smell) lends more depth to this fragrance. I also smell something fruity, and I agree that it could be orange or even orange blossom. On me, it almost smells like a frosted orange--but the orange is very light/barely there. In fact, even the amber smells slightly frosted on me.

I don't recommend this as a blind buy, because I can see how someone may think this leans toward masculine, but I don't feel this is a masculine fragrance. It is unisex, and will smell differently on each person.

I cannot wait to use this fragrance during the winter! It is sexy, sweet, warm, and decadent (in the best possible way). I am in love with Gaultier^2 (Gaultier squared), and would love to smell it on a man or woman. I cannot stop smelling myself when I wear this. I'm thinking of layering it, but I'm not sure what to pair it with just yet. It may be perfume faux pas, I'm not sure, but I'm thinking of layering it with another amber fragrance (Fantasy, maybe) to really kick up the amber.

FYI: I'm a woman in my mid-20s, and I found this delight during the summer. I've worn it during the day with no problems, but if you want to be on the safe side, wear this at night (or duing a cooler season).

Tiger84
Tiger84

This is so lovely, I remember smelling it from time to time on the street, not too often, and it always reminds me to the apple soup my mum used to make when I was little. So for me this is the "apple soup" perfume, in the best possible sense.

When I was the new one in my work team, there was a girl and a guy working with me, and I smelled this, and asked which one was wearing it (I didn't know the name so I just said "the lovely apple soup perfume"). The guy seemed offended when he reassured me that "this is a men's scent". Of course we all know that he was actually reassuring himself about his masculinity. It was quite ridiculous but I hope that stupid society will be less and less effective in brainwashing people into this insecurity.
I wish people would look at each other as humans and not as "aliens, they have a different set of genitals, this is awkward". And I wish more people were wearing great scents like this.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

WOW this is in-your-face amber with a big reach! Scents with this magnitude of amber tend to be cloying on my skin, so I'll need to see how it behaves in the drydown before I can tell if it's a keeper for me. Regardless, this is high quality juice.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Without reading any reviews, I'm giving you my honest opinion on this fragrance. I came across this fragrance and was surprised, almost all boutique's had 2 bottles of 50ml packaged together. I finally found a 100ml bottle and I was able to test it on my skin. As soon as I sprayed it a very sweet aroma which reminds me of cotton candy or bubby gum. Not even 5min later it wasn't as sweet and I was able to pickup a big doze of Amber and a hint of vanilla...♥
Both longevity and Silage are very high lasting well past 10hrs or more.
Finally thoughts,
Being very sweet, I would recommend you only spray it once. If you want to layer this fragrance, I would wait for an hour and spray it once so that it doesn't come across as being either cloying, too heavy, too syrupy. EDT is plenty and I recommend it to those man/woman who love a sweet scent, this fragrance is like bee's to honey. Definitely worth 9/10

farang
farang

Orange blossoms. This fragrance is full of orange blossoms, and I love it.
However, I have a bottle of his other fragrance, 'Fleur du Male',
so this is redundant.

zind
zind

Omg, this is one sexy fragrance!
Sure there isn't a secret additional note in there?

This was kind of a blind buy for me. I remember that both my mom and I tested it and thought it was great. However, that was many years ago, my taste has changed and I have matured. Back then I found it way too masculine to wear myself. Today, however! Yes please! This is potent stuff, but I'm glad I've got a huge bottle! I see myself probably layering this with something sweet on certain days, like Pacifica's Indian Coconut.

The amber is definetly dominant and the vanilla is not sugary. It's creamy, but not very sweet (just perfect, actually!)

maruge62
maruge62

To me, this fragrance is very similar to L'occitane Ambre

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

First I would like to thank all the enablers on here for piquing my curiosity about Gaultier 2 and finally getting around to blind buying this with confidence after the reviews. The fact that Kurkdjian was behind this was also a selling point for me, I have yet to dislike anything he creates. This is truly a beauty and true to its note pyramid. The vanilla does not turn this into a gourmand, it merely adds a touch of sweetness to it. This is a warm, cozy, balmy, musky oriental-basically everything good. It reminds me of Les Nez's L'Antimatiere and considering it is a lot less expensive despite being discontinued, it knocked the Les Nez off my want list. Both are sweet balmy musks with a whiff of animal. Cozy as a downy blanket, channeling innocence like a babe, yet walking on the wild side after hours. Remember Alicia Silverstone in Aerosmith's Crazy video? That girl, this scent. Longevity is amazing, it stayed on my cardigan for three days, although I had to give it a close sniff by then. On me sillage is rather close as compared to what the other reviewers got. This is a beautiful resinous musk beauty. Do try it!

Jerrythecat
Jerrythecat

Review on the EDP. Just arrived and already sprayed on, and I must say I have not been blown away: the smell is very much like Joop! Pour Homme and very linear too: no surprise good or bad, just an almost flat result. Synthetic vanilla with spices wearable safely in spite of a loud opening which stays the same then fades quickly (on me) to a skin scent unless I get used to it.
I prefer my vanilla scents to be slightly more "mystical" like Shalimar (my signature), Obsession EDP for women or even Lagerfeld Classic that evolve through the day. I don't find this with Gaultier 2. Shame...
Also, careful if you wear whites, it stains! I tend to wear my perfume on my clothes and hair and I ended up with yellowish spots where I sprayed on: not good when you are at a work meeting and someone asks about the yellow dots on your shirt...

nico_1
nico_1

I love this smell, use it every day for several years now.

shamsiruhe

wound up giving this to my older brother. it has a rubberyness that i associate with more yang energy - was that better than saying "masculine"?

i would put it on and think
"i'm gumby, dammit!"
and every time i moved and caught a whiff.
that's a lot of time spent being gumby.

krmarich
krmarich

I found a nice big bottle of this now lost classic, as I have been rediscovering JPGs fragrances. This is from the his golden age about 10 years ago. I sampled this once and decided it was a bit too expensive at the time. Now, its time to rediscover this work of art!

Indeed, the first thing I was afraid of was another Pi or Obsession for men. This is not so! Generally 3 notes have much to hide. This is the best unisex creation ever IMO. Its elegant and sexy!

It opens with a hint of orange and bergamot. There is a liquouring quality (honey?) here that some find plastic like. Its boozy and kind of medicine like. Just when it might get too sticky, from what I feel is rosewood, jasmine, iris, and of course neroli. Then it just might be my imagination.

Then comes the dark burnt sugar tonka/benzoin/vanilla and amber that give it a clearly edible oriental drydown. Its a little smokey too! My nose has a hard time detecting musk. Ironically, I find this has more in common with "Classique" in this regard than "Le male". I wear Classique just for its drydown. This bypasses all the flowers. Its not quite a gourmand, just a perfect oriental.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I've seen Gaultier² being mentioned a few times but never thought of testing it, as the note description seems like a list of base notes of any other oriental fragrance. However, after having actually tried it on my skin, I must say that there are quite some nuances contributing in the dynamic of the fragrance.

Upon spraying, Gaultier² has a weird plastic/mineral smell, somehow like a mixture of rice vapour and shea butter. This plastic edge gradually diminishes, but persists into the drydown. I don't really find it unpleasant, but instead, quite intriguing.

Vanilla and amber unfold in the heart. The amber is always under the veil of vanilla, but in the middle stage, it takes a somewhat slightly aromatic approach. I also get some labdanum, which, combined with the plastic edge, adds a leathery touch to the vanilla.

After about 3 hours, vanilla finally dominates the whole composition. The vanilla here is sweet and powdery, but not in a foody way. Besides the amber, woody and plastic undertone, there is also quite some lily to my nose, making a very pretty floral vanilla skin scent.

The sillage is relatively close on me and the longevity is at least 10 hours. I find sometimes, vanilla and amber dominating fragrances tend to be comforting, cosy, but eventually unexciting, but it's not the case of Gaultier². It has a pretty vanilla drydown, but also some quirky nuances and twists. Although these offbeat edges might not appeal to everyone, I'd still recommend giving it a try to those who enjoy vanilla or are looking for an intereting vanilla fragrance. However, I don't think blind buying Gaultier² is a good idea, as the nuances and twists are hardly reflected by the note description.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A very simple amber done right. Loads of projection and sillage. Maybe too sweet for insecure guys but I love it. I have bought 3 bottles of this stuff with no regret. As gorgeous as can get!!

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

Saw this for the first time recently in NZ. Had been on my "to try" list as a possible scent to share with hubby as per recommendations from fellow fragranticas. Very nice on paper, and has lasted well on sample card for 2 days now. Definitely on my list now and will probably debut as an alternative to aramis for hubby first as he liked it too.

I found it to be a lovely and gentle woody scent with a hint of oriental to appeal to both sexes. The lasting impression is of a subtle male cologne with a vanilla vibe which, again would appeal to both sexes. The is also a kind of just shaved soapiness which is very pleasing but does not overpower. Like the smell you would get from a man's face if you briefly kissed him. Lets just say I'm smitten..

darksome
darksome

A very sweet, plastic doll smell in the opening.

The heart composition smells like a pink bubblegum spiced with a huge amount of cinnamon. The powderiness smells like in Bvlgari Black and the cinnamon is like in Cacharel's Lou Lou. I also detect the orange blossom, giving the fragrance a rich juicy smell.

The last stages are similar to the heart, but less juicy and with a pepperminty whiff.

hedward
hedward

Opens up with straight up sweet amber and citrus. There's clearly a raspberry/grape vibe going on. During the heart notes I can definitely smell some orange blossom and jasmine paired up with cinnamon and tonka. Drydown is very musky with huge amounts of vanilla and a hint of pathcouly. The clean muskiness of the drydown is my favourite part of Gaultier 2. A lovely fragrance indeed! I've received numerous compliments while wearing this.

Very linear and unisex!

x2

Overall score 82/100

dan_d
dan_d

It's discontinued! Not available at the German Gaultier Online Store. Same for Fleur du Male :(

Ordered 2x 120ml today! One of my most complimented fragrance. Perfect longevity & sillage.

aleksandar.dragas6

Okay, this just got very serious, I'm completely in love with this fragrance and it is on my way to the signature scent! My signature now is Guerlain instant extreme but we'll see what's going to happen! :D

nero77
nero77

This is definitely an interesting one. I get sweet, boozy vanilla, and a hint of orange blossom (I hear that orange blossom happens to be a signature of the perfumer Francis Kurkdjian). There is also a hint of something fruity there, like a blackcurrant/grape note (some people mentioned "bubblegum").

What this strikes me as is a burnt caramel/rum-drenched vanilla vibe but I also get the amber in the background. I would say it's predominantly vanilla, but not in a creamy way, this is more of a dark, almost burnt, vanilla-rum kind of smell, a lot like the vanilla you find in Guerlain fragrances (i.e. Shalimar).

Overall I think it's sweet and a little gourmand but not overtly so. To me it's quite sensual and blends well with warm skin, giving off a very warm and inviting vibe. Would smell great on men or women, I find it quite playful and flirtatious. Very alluring, and although some may find it sweet, I find it actually balances perfectly, it's on the "darker" side of gourmand-sweet really (cognac & crème brûlée). Definateley a cozy, sexy scent for colder nights with loved ones by the fire. Very warm and very nice.

musi1701
musi1701

Ich finde der Duft ist mehr männlich wie weiblich. Sehr herb.

K1
K1

The world is full of these forgotten emperors.
Gautlier 2 is a deep aromatic warm enchanting fragrance based on so many things that apparently are not listed above.
After predominant presentation of sweet air of uncooked smoked rice and rice farm smell at the beginning, it continues the same pattern of the very mood of Le Male on bold vanilla/lavender stream. Gautlier 2 is linear and identical. Everything is perfectly done to make it a top seller, yet so pity that this emperor is seldom known. Gaultlir 2 could be one the best unisex fragrances out in markets if and only if it wouldn't resemble Le Male main theme when it settles in its middle step.

aleksandar.dragas6

OMG! I bought this today and I can't describe how much I loved it! Vanilla and amber are one of my favorite notes so I knew I'll like it. Longevity and sillage both incredible :)

Roman86
Roman86

Love it. Rich and sweet. Great sillage on initial spray and long lasting. This is definitely not for the shy. Some are saying it's feminine but I don't care. I don't see it as overly feminine and I think it's a great unisex fragrance. Supposedly this one is discontinued but still readily available at an affordable price. It's only $45 for a big 4 oz bottle shipped and sold from Amazon. On a final note, no, it does not smell like Altamir by Ted Lapidus. I had Altamir and sold it because it wasn't very good and it smelled cheap. Gaultier 2 is way better in every aspect and smells divine.

fetus
fetus

It's warm vanilla beautiful for a woman... but it's a little awkward when my man wears it, he just doesn't feel masculine smelling so sweet.

shamsiruhe

like nicole miller but without the bite. so glad i got this. my skin eats it though, whereas nicole miller projects like a mofo.

kinda too bad, since this is much softer and rounder...i guess i'll take a bath in it and see what happens.

thanks to all the reviewers, it didn't feel like a "blind buy". really happy to have this guy around.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Grape Bubble Yum and vanilla powder. Love this one!

devsfunda
devsfunda

Smells like baby powder.

Deefit
Deefit

This one really grew on me. I did not like it at first, found it a bit cheap or ordinary/trashy smelling. But I kept sampling it, again and again. I felt some similarities to Amouage Reflection Man, but only at a certain point. Reflection was softer, this felt heavier. But I grew into liking it. Perhaps because I did not like vanilla at first, but I'm starting to appreciate it more because it is not overly sweet and brings warmth. The amber adds a bit to the sweetness and the musk adds a certain softness.

This is a unisex scent, and I feel it will act differently on each sex' skin. I think this is more masculine than feminine. However, I do see (strong) women wearing this.

Sammymac100
Sammymac100

Does anyone have a tester or sample vial of this? Would love to try it.

Cassiano
Cassiano

To start this review, let’s make one thing clear: the name should be read "Gaultier squared" (not "Gaultier raised to the second power"), at least in Brazilian territory, according to a salesperson, by the time I met this fragrance.

This fragrance was another attempt by Gaultier in play with sexuality and the mystery of a fragrance without olfactory pyramid set. Here, the 3 unique notes of amber, musk and vanilla merge without determination of what would be the head, the heart and the base. Some say the aim of this creation was to mix the sensations of the feminine "Classique" with the masculine "Le Male".

In Gaultier², the unisex fragrance transforms itself when in contact with the skin and its evolution is unique to each person. On my skin, the first few hours of evolution tend more toward the exotic and feminine scent of musk to become, then, more neutral and creamy, thanks to vanilla. The aroma is oriental, warm and sensual, but is not predominantly male.
The projection and the lasting are beyond reproach, as in all Gaultier fragrances.

Castor
Castor

All I get is a strong vanilla mixed with something else that I cannot state what it is, a molecule that might work as a break for the very sweet top notes. It does not evolve much, better said, not at all. Interesting if you want to smell like candy for hours and hours: yes, the fixatives used are out of this world. A good thing if you are into these kind of blends, a nightmare if you are not.

Lapidus' Altamir is very similar to it. I'd have to make a hand to hand comparison in order to determine differences and points in common, which I did not. However, trying this last one will give you the impression both are almost the same. And since G2 has been discontinued, fans of it might find in Altamir a good alternative.

As to Gyvenchy's Pi, sorry, I did not tried it yet.

LAKERSSUCK24
LAKERSSUCK24

love it on me and would love to smell it on a girl a yummy vanilla and amber scent

the best from the jpg house

fooluae

also i got Complaints when i get on house from mother and brother (whats lovely smell in your room oh its your smell #^^

hello
i just buy these mystery sweet

i buy it blindy i sayd i love sweets vanila or carmal chco even mix wood or something
same time i know there smell cant bear it

see story better than twilight
so i go home wanna test it i change my dress and use it..

first its go heavy smell like sweet medcine or burn suger something somehow i like and same not like
i paid 119 usd big one

its like arrrr hopes better i set on my office pissed i smell some nice and other heavy not taking it waited 2 hour i admit its beast on long and sail
so i go run my car want sell it while going its like perfume change to warm sweet smell charming like its like hold on to me i arrive to mall when i get out my car some how i smell beauty smell got vainal soft under rose some powdery shape animalistc make low scent of sweet oud i was wow i change my mind ))

so it maby i dont get it at first hour now i get it

smell 9/10
long 10/10
sail 9/10

Lozzle
Lozzle

Gautier2 love it. Vanilla and musk what a combo. Oozes sensuality, warm and cosy, intimate yet out there. For the good times this is it. Absolutely lush. 10/10

demby
demby

durante un tiempo use este aroma maravilloso en cada salida...y siempre fue un éxito, ahora conozco nuevos aromas maravillosos...pero siempre usare este de ves en cuando,sobre todo cuando deseo recordar viejos? tiempos jejeje, es un aroma maravilloso que sin duda me trae muy buenos recuerdo.

SparkyMarky
SparkyMarky

I love it at first sight but it's quit hard to find at the department store in Thailand. Elegance smell but I don't think it's for everyday use

djr0825
djr0825

smells spicy to me idk if i got an expired bottle or what but it still smells good to me

Museumgal
Museumgal

Rich vanilla amber combination with an underlayer of musk. Since its almost all traditional base notes it's a bit linear but deep and rich. Very powdery amber in the dry down with a hint of that medicinal quality that strong amber sometmes gets. The slight bitter edge to the amber saves from being too sweet and keeps it unisex. My favorite of the line. Very powdery though!

lovetribe
lovetribe

big delusion.i hate this scent.too powder!!!!
not for me.

Carestinus
Carestinus

I wrote this review looong time ago, when there were only 3 reviews before mine... and thought: my ideas are completely stupid, there is no logic... just like when you fall in love and it simply is. Who'd care to read your nonsense! Now I read it again and think it seems even dumber... but I still have the same images as then.

"Gaultier2 is a scent that makes me picture a blond guy with a light blue shirt, smiling. It smells like glacé cake and leans towards the feminine side... it is not easy to wear but if you dare, you'll conquer the world. It is weird how the first feeling is of awkwardness in a bottle but then all I do is feeling attached to it as if it were a lost lover who's come back for a few minutes to resume the craze and leave again".

Now I should add that after having tried 100 vanilla-based scents, there is no single one similar to this. I don't mean it's the best but instead that it is truly unique and strange... captivating and 100% sexual. I love it and regret not having bought it when it was in the shops nearby... It is indeed unisex and perhaps more feminine... but it's on the right man that this becomes one of a kind imo.

I still only imagine that blond guy wearing this but guess anyone would smell terrific with it. Great work !!

Fizzy
Fizzy

OMG! This should be a perfume? Are you joking? I don´t know, what to think about this bitter vanilla-mimosa silage monster. Sprayed it on blotter and sniffing it - and then left the drugstore like shocked tiger. No, no. No idea, what it is smelling like, I sniff the special yellow flower blooming in May, and I always make a big roundabout way or choose an another way.

And the Golden Raspberry Awards 2013 is going to Gaultier 2.

cunny2009
cunny2009

Love Love Love it! Had it years ago when it was first released and used it so quickly. My little brother ended up getting it again for my birthday (Hellz Yeah!)
To me it is like a bowl of creamy ice cream with some kind of warm caramel sauce oozing over it. Quite a gourmand scent and I love how the scent itself seems quite plush and soft but to radiates throughout a room and I have had quite a number of compliments!

Kaleide
Kaleide

Smells like a fancy New Years Eve party. Sweet in a posh, mature way. I'd rather smell this on my mums friends rather than my friends.

malvernlink
malvernlink

This is a quality non-offensive sweet perfume. Since I'm an oriental fan, I ordered the .10 oz. miniature bottle to try out. For me this leans to the more feminine side but is not a real girly girl fragrance. On the initial spray and dry down I pick up the amber and musk but they are faint. After 30 minutes all I get is the vanilla. For the rest of the day I smell Nehi grape soda. Which is actually a very pleasant aroma. As has been noted by myriad other reviewers, everybody smells things differently. On a lady, I think this fragrance would be very attractive. It's sweet, but not teeny bopper cloyingly sweet.

For me, with more amber and musk this would be great. I'll probably layer the remainder of my little bottle with Montale Aoud Ambre.

Javi0005
Javi0005

Hehehe... initially I wanted to buy this for my girl but ended up buying it for myself :) Now she hates on me for getting so many compliments. ;)

chuaalba
chuaalba

Artificial,y no conseguido,le falta caracter y cuerpo!

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

OMG.... Here's another frag that blew my mind away! I was testing around and I came across this... At first sniff, interesting, something unusual and not your typical tootie fruity floral... No, far from that! The combination of vanilla, musk and amber is just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Sooooo creamy that you just want to slather this all over your body. There is no doubt that I fell in love with one because I am a Francis Kurkdjian fan. :) Not a vavavoom, edgy, in your face scent... But sweet, animalistic and androgynous one. Turns somewhat rubbery but i dont care. This goes on my "i must have" list.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

It smells like the base of Le Male, decidedly male in my opinion. I like this scent, it's warm and sensual, but I will tolerate it only on my husband, I can't stand it on me .

mmiched
mmiched

I have every one of Jean Paul Gaultier's fragrances and this is my 2nd favorite. Got a little bottle for a great price and cannot stop wearing it!

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Soft and subtle, lies close to the skin.
Warm like honey'd apple pie.
Reminds me of Hermessence Ambre Narguile Hermes, but Hermes is "better" in the foodie sweet honey way. This is a very respectable inexpensive alternative.
The unoffensive tobacco scent sits on top of all the other notes and lingers.
The amber is nice.
This is softly spicy, but not in a harsh cinnamon/clove way, but more in a gentle nutmeg sort of way.
I think most would like this, but you have to be able to tolerate the tobacco aspect. I find it lovely, but someone else might not. I'm glad I bought a bottle blind!
This can definitely sit between "his and her" bathroom sinks, readily reachable by either partner.

danielresendem
danielresendem

I don't like much of gaultier's perfumes, but it's wonderful!! I think that a underrated fragance .. Powerful, potent and very good.

In a party with many fragances in air, if you using Gaultier 2, it will stand out over others, because this stuff projects much.

it's a much compliment scent... I love it !

herreroph
herreroph

I like vanilla, amber and musk, so it's perfect for me.
The best of Jean Paul Gautier.

lat
lat

My God, this is potent! I have a hers and his sample set and patted it carefully on my skin.
Wow. This stuff projects! My male friend was automatically repelled by it and swore he'd never wear it in a million years and I can understand that, because it is VERY thick, creamy and syrupy. I think it would work better on male skin to balance out the sweetness. I smell honey, vanilla and amber. It could give the wearer cavities, but there's also significant musk.
I'm happy to use up my sample, but in general this is not for me. A beautiful creation regardless.

mmsk
mmsk

ادکلنی با بوی بسیار عالی و منحصر بفرد و استثنایی.ماندگاری و پخش بوی بسیار عالی.

Migalex
Migalex

I find it a more extreme take on Le mâle. It is much sweeter and from my viewpoint very cloying. I think it does have cinnamon and plenty of vanilla of course, and the amber, which from my viewpoint does have a dense heavy almondish scent,which, on its own, and unlike almond itself, I do love, but here makes the scent, to me, really cloying, although not as much as Pi (again, from my viewpoint) or Body Kouros, which I deeply dislike. To my taste it is not a good idea to mix up vanilla and amber in these large amounts. I do find Gaultier 2 interesting though, if not for anything else, for not falling into the stereotypical scent types for men. And I have to give it to Jean Paul Gaultier that he is probably the designer to market the least conforming scents for men. I might actually come to appreciate this scent in the future, who knows?

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Whoa just tested this today and i was surprised!For me Jean Paul Gaultier does mediocre perfumes but this one was pretty good.I liked it a lot and im sure gonna buy it in the future.The amber and vanilla blends perfectly in my opinion making a very powerful smell...
Longetivity is good for now its 4 hours and still smelling it a lot,and projection after 4 hours is still pretty impressive.I gave a headache to my friend i was with!Use with caution,its like 2x joop!lol
Never liked any other gaultier's perfumes but that one wow!
Overall score 8/10

mirul
mirul

this one not for me tooooooo vanilla-ish powdery~~

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

you can t never go wrong with this. all time classic ambery vanilla. just stunning! holds on skin all day lomg, lingers perfectly sexy and cuddly. unfortunately, discontinued and hard to find nowdays.

hernie
hernie

Harto de leer que es mejor para mujer que para hombre y viceversa. Señores los perfumes son universales. x supuesto que jamás me pondría un Poison o un Opium x dar ejemplos. Pero dentro de la perfumería actua es un casi TODO VALE. las fragancias tienen muy pocas notas que diferencia una masculina o femenina. Quizá sea una tendencia mundial pero es así y es indiscutible.
Amo los perfumes de Jean Paul Gaultier x miles de razones. fundamentalmente porque me retrotraen a la infancia como este en particular, Gaultier 2. Me recuerda al olor de los dulces que hacía mi abuela, o las tortas de mi madre. Es lineas, el cierto. Es vainilla, ambar y musk. Pero es glorioso y de no estar discontinuado lo usaría una y otra vez hasta el infinito. Tiene una gran proyección y longevidad en mi caso. 2 pulgares arriba!

PinoiPerfumista
PinoiPerfumista

I tried to love this scent, especially because I have high respect for Mr. Francis Kurkdjian. But try as I might, I cannot. I do not even consider this unisex. I found it too strong for a female. In terms of strength, personality and quality, it definitely suits the men better. Is there something special to it? To my nose, nothing. It is what it said it is: a perfume mix of amber, musk and vanilla. Nothing special.

nadia11
nadia11

I will have to definitely try this one now,,sounds awesome

I can't believe 3 simple common notes can make a perfume like this.there should be other things there which aren't mentioned.
the first notes smell almost soapy.as this first sharp impression fades away,it becomes somehow leathery,powdery which is better.
but the best part part of this perfume is after 20 minutes of applying;at this level it smells like cherry;slightly sweet,but mostly a grown up unisex cherry mixed with something like wax.I'm really enjoying this scent at this level.it smells like nothing I've tried before.I just wish the first notes were nice too.
thanks to dear Eurochic for sending me a sample.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I had exactly the same smells and reaction as Eurochic. Nothing more nothing added. Strange!
I like JpG smells, this was fierce cheap and I blind bought it.
Not a good idea.

Gave it away to a friend on whom it smells nicely, soapely and homely.
On me, unfortunately just rank.

themattsky
themattsky

I absolutely love it! Very powerful and overwhelming. Great winter fragrance

Eurochic
Eurochic

I soooo wanted to like this. From the reviews and the notes, this looked like a total winner to me. Vanilla, amber, musk, what could go wrong? Right?
Well, a lot actually. There must be many more notes in this composition that aren't mentioned here and one or more of these just don't work for me.
Right after spraying, I gagged. The first note is awful. It smells like bread dough. Not lovely warm baked bread, but bread dough with yeast that is rising under a wet cloth. Those who have baked bread will know what I mean, my mom used to bake bread for many years, and I remember that yeast smell. It's not a pleasant one. Thankfully that gagging smell in this perfume lasts for just a moment. After that, the whole experience is pretty linear. I can detect something sweet, not exactly vanilla, not amber, I don't know what, probably just plain white sugar. And I didn't get any powder from the musk either. IMO, i.e., to my nose, it smells more like jam. Very sweet fruity jam. I tried to like it, I tried to force myself to like it, but after 2 times I had to give up. I detect something synthetic, cloying, annoying, sweet but not pleasantly sweet. I'm so sad this didn't work for me. Got myself some Ambre Sultan instead. Oh yeah!

rsthlm
rsthlm

Extremely Powerful and Respectful scent.

You can be sure that People notice You immediately if You having that on you.

This scent is extremely long-lasting.. sometimes you smell from morning to late evening...

It is a really good buy, expensive scent but remember it is a real EdP.

stardust808
stardust808

the button above should read i want, i NEED, i've just got to have it!

Aboboys
Aboboys

I love this fragrance its one of my favourites.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

On men it's great - sexy amber and vanilla, but on me it just smells like dirty hair. I mean really dirty hair, like I haven't washed for weeks :(

Ejlgsp71
Ejlgsp71

Super sexy and delicious. Not for the faint hearted, screams look at me. Love it.

dreyth
dreyth

Im a beginner to picking out notes, but i definitely don't see where people think this has a lot of vanilla or grape juice. This is very sweet to my nose, and I love it. I'm a man and I have a thing for unisex colognes. Unfortunately this wears close to my skin, though I have a history of having horrible projection with all colognes. It's just how my skin is. I put on 4 sprays on a 70 degree, humid night. 1 hour later I met up with my friend. He had to be 6 inches from me to smell it. I get about 5 hours from this one.

The scent, however... lady killer. Use for a more intimate setting, or at least once you've started to become comfortable with a lady.

olga87
olga87

i had this perfume and i have loved it sooo much!!i never had so many compliment from both men and women...sexy as hell!!

619haifisch
619haifisch

Mmm this scent is special .. lovely vanilla bomb.
Yes this is unisex , but there is more feminine in this than masculine, which as a man is ok with me.. though it's not for everyone.
If you are ok wearing florals then this might be for you.
Heavy price tag for some, but for 65 pound, you get 120ml of EDP .. great for your money..
It lasts over 8 hours and always gets compliments, one of only about a dozen scents in designer which guarentee being noticed.. if you like the sound of it, go for it.

End note; if you are brave enough to wear it, respect to you :)

magicnose
magicnose

I bought this at Heathrow and brought back to Taiwan. I gave one bottle to a Taiwanese friend and asked for his opinion. "It smells like the UK!" he said. I knew exactly what he meant.

Picture this if you will. You're walking along a back street in London on a chilly December night. A back door from a disco pub flings open as you walk past and a blast of hot air rolls out into the frigid night. The air smells sweet - a blend of girls's musk perfume, boys wearing One Million, beer and spirits, cigarette smoke, rich food and sweet desserts - an intoxicating distillation of urban nightlife. This is the smell of Jean Paul Gaultier Squared.

This fragrance is often compared to Musk Ravageur, composed of similar notes, but I prefer this - it's more nightlife and less boulangerie!

A few more thoughts about this fragrance:

- "Fragrance Guru" Marc commented in one of his videos that he felt there was orange blossom in this composition. I agree, although it is not listed. I recently enjoyed a sample of APOM Pour Homme by Francis Kurdjian (the nose behind JPG2) which is primarily an orange blossom composition and instantly you can identify the same note in JPG2. I have sampled all the masculine scents from Maison Francis Kurdjian but I personally feel that JPG2 is Kurdjian's masterpiece.

- Many folk comment that this tends more toward the feminine side of unisex. I disagree. There are many frags that do smell feminine to me. I would class these as the "cosmetics department" frags with nauseating, cloying, lipstick accords (Chanel Allure, Guerlain L'Instant, Dior Homme) but with this one the burnt vanilla gives it a masculine edge despite the sweetness.

- This is a great clubbing scent, and knocks One Million, VIP for Men and their ilk into a cocked hat. I wore this to Sensation Ocean of White and it will forever remind me of that wonderful night, with wafts of heavenly burnt vanilla creating blissful smells to complement the unbelievable sights and sounds.

Pusur
Pusur

My partner has this one since it was launched. ALWAYS make me crazy and in ``erotic mood``without making it sexy for a review purpose. Has kind of relaxing, lazy, sensual tale behind. Maybe I am lucky and it just fits perfectly to skin of my man, but I bet that it works better then with woman´s skin. I should try but... I am afraid to destroy magic :) I would put it on one shelf with seducing men´s perfumes like: Kokorico or black Lanvin. If I could say something to guys I would say: I cannot promise you that you will get her, but she will never forget you ;)

Smyle12
Smyle12

This is sweet, unique... and... squared. Gualtier 2 is a strong, sweet, EDP, which lasts well-nigh forever, projects quite well, and although it has only three notes, smells HEAVENLY, like no other fragrance I can think of (and not at all like mere, straight-up, vanilla). Instead, G2 smells like a very lightly caramelized sugar, with a just a the tiniest smidgeon of pumpkin spice, and a intoxicatingly, relaxed, semi-boozy, almost artificial grape soda or grape bubblegum feel that is perfectly blended, uber-smooth, soothing, delicious, and unstoppably pleasant. Mmmmmmm... If you like "vanilla fragrances", and aren't intimated by the fact that this is a unisex one, are disappointed with the simplicity of scents like Givenchy's Pi or other "vanilla bombs" such as, JPG's Le Male, this one is the DEFINITELY the scent for YOU. Perfectly suited for the upcoming fall and winter months.

One word: Yummy!!!

Overall: 10/10 An understated masterpiece, best for humans... being.

Inhale deeply and... relax...

Mosschops
Mosschops

Dangerous for men this one is. I'd say this vanilla-and-sugar concoction is probably 75% feminine and 25% masculine - so you have to be careful when-and-where you wear it. Great for wooing the ladies, but not ideal for the office.

dpiscean
dpiscean

One of my favorites

Whit
Whit

I was clicking around on here one day and stumbled upon this. After reading the reviews, I decided that I wanted to try to find it. My preference for unisex scents is the body lotion, if I can find it because the perfume itself can be kinda strong. Needless to say, this frag is easy to find online, but the body lotion was a little trickier. Luckily, in my endless pursuit I found it and won it on Ebay. I was so thrilled when it came in the mail and yes, this was a total blind buy. I'm in love with this! On my skin, the beginning is a little masculine but that's ok. As it develops, the vanilla and amber are most predominant. It's a very sexy, lingering scent. This would be perfect for fall and I might just have to purchase the perfume too because it smells so good. Another one of Gaultier's creations that I'm happy to add!

A generous fellow fragrance traveler (banned from this site lol) sent me an adorable mini of Jean-Paul Gaultier Gaultier² a while back, and unfortunately I did not notice that the top became loose in transit. While ferreting through my sample queue this morning, I discovered that most of the liquid had evaporated! All that was left was a small amount of extrait of extrait: thick, dark brown, and a bit scary looking. Undaunted, I added water and shook it up, then used a sprayer to apply the resultant solution as I would any eau de parfum. I have to say that I'm glad that I did!

Gaultier² is a simple yet appealing fragrance with a thick somewhat in-your-face sweetness and labdanum amber combined with some kind of woody components(s). To my nose, this is more feminine than masculine. Although it is strong and quite far from being subtle, it smells very good and would make a great wintertime fragrance, as it fits well into the comfort scent category occupied by the likes of Chôpard Casmir, among many other creations which I do not wear that often but enjoy when I do. Perhaps I should not be surprised, given the perfumer, Francis Kurkdjian, but I have had limited experience with this house, and it was negative, so I did not have the best of expectations in donning this fragrance today.

I am not sure that I need a bottle of this particular creation (although I'm sure that I'd wear it now and then, if I had some), but now my perspective on Gaultier has been changed, and I'll have to try some more of the perfumes of this house.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

Opens with almond and vanilla tone, this step is interesting, but not the apex of this fragrance, which in my nose just noticed, quite clearly, two phases. After about 5 minutes rolls a mutation, it appears more and add almond amber and musk scent getting really good! But Amber is not as powerful here as in the Histories Ambre 114, which comes so hard to annoy. 3 friends of mine perfume fanatics liked him very much, one even flipped it, will buy for her. It really is a great unisex option for cooler evenings. I really liked, so I could here him a bottle of 2x40ml. Moreover, the box and container are very sophisticated.

candymarie
candymarie

There must be lots of notes missing from the list here, because this is very similar to Paris Bleu Red Pearl, and there are a bazillion notes in that one.

I find it to be more a light floral than anything else, with a touch of warmth from slight hints of amber and vanilla. However, I would never reach for it to get an amber or vanilla fix.

Based on a few people's comments, I blind purchased it as a less expensive alternative to Estee Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang. I am disappointed to say the least, as it does NOT resemble the EL in any way shape or form.

That said, it is lovely in its own right. I feel it's more feminine than unisex.

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

What a lovely vanilla its made out of it and nothing like Le male this is nice and innofensive
i was afraid to try this because of reviews that put it in the female side of the "unisex" espectrum, but despite it and try it for yourself it is so well made and blended that you can't even notice that issue and the same goes for ladyes!!!
if you like vanilla this is for you
no need to say anymore about longevity and proyection.

UPDATE: I have to add this...now i understand this fragance and female/classification reviews.
it's not a girly/unisex scent both men and women can pull it out. For me its good but when i gave one of the two 40ml bottles to my girlfriend she loved it and i was in shock how lovely is it on her from top to drydown...SUBLIME.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

O god that is HEAVENLY!! It just arrived today in the mail && safe to say I'am now a true lover of overstock, && of the scent o wow it is pure SEX in a bottle it smells sweet && sexxi && to me its's not super strong it's just enough w/o needing a lot though, lol I can't stop sniffing myself all I really smell is the amber && vanilla on me && its so DELECTABLY DEL-ISH, I deff. get why ppl say it's a skin scent it does stay close to the skin, but I think applied to the proper pulse points it should project well. I can't wait to wear this out even though it's deemed a winter fragrance I find it perfectly suitable on a summer night out, hmmm! wonder what it will mix well with? I FEEL SEXXI wearing this god I LOVE GAULTIER!! I'm very pleased indeed, that's a lovely choice you made, why thank ya! get this! ;)

p.s. I think u'll b pretty safe for a blind buy, I did, based of all the excellent reviews. :)

rubyhexagon
rubyhexagon

This is a true unisex. It's a wonderful caramel gourmand with warm slightly spiced base notes. I think I can even smell some cardamom in this which I adore. So sexy for such a sweet scent. I must get another bottle, the first ran out very quickly.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Very sweet...it is exactly what the notes are..amber, musk, and vanilla. Smells EXACTLY like an almond biscotti:) Good scent!

neptune1121
neptune1121

I never wear this perfume since I got it as a present a few years ago. Just now, I spray it again on my skin. Beside vanilla, I realize the base notes smells like my favorite flower: lily casablanca!

foxmulder_FBI
foxmulder_FBI

I really enjoy Gaultier2. It is quite sweet, but also rather close to the skin, so it is not overpowering. I don't pick up the "grape bubble gum" note that some others have noted, but rather a deep rich vanilla and amber mix that is quite linear. I also don't get vanilla sugar cookie. To me, the amber in Gaultier2 brings an animalistic quality that makes the vanilla unique, not a typical gourmand strong vanilla note.

On my skin, there isn't any progression. My arm smells the same way from the time I spray it for 8+ hours. Longevity is great, it is definitely an all day fragrance, but projection is quite light, it is more of an intimate scent.

Not too sure why this one has a reputation as a winter fragrance, but then again I am willing to wear most frags in the summer as long as it isn't scorching. Summer nights, however, I find gaultier2 works perfectly.

Quite unisex, btw. I am a guy and love it.

tuturab
tuturab

Gaultier2 - Charming rich and sensual!
Love love love!!

ZELJO
ZELJO

pure cotton candy,one of my alltime favourites, so sweet,powerful and in spite of being so powerful I think that one suits summernights really well, especially in evenings in a terrace under the moonlight...so magical

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

salted caramel on a base of vanilla. sillage very high, this one draws attention. unfortunately this vanilla blend smells almost sulphuric when i wear it, to my nose anyway. like others i had high hopes for this as it was marketed as unisex, and i typically find vanilla-centric womens fragrances suffocating. sadly i could not breathe with this on either.

Grottola
Grottola

YUMMY! I thought this one was gonna be way too sweet one me, but it's not at all. It's basically neroli, vanilla, and honey. It's pleasant and gorgeous, and the neroli lasts through the drydown. Very well-made and long-lasting. Try it!

scented_secret
scented_secret

Every time I go to a place that sells this, I spray it to my gloves (some sort of mocha, probably fake)and they smell amazing for MONTHS. This is a smell for a rich, glorious and dignified lady and I would love to play one :) It's not a smell for a childish daddy's little princess.

Cams
Cams

This is flawless - I never buy unisex fragrances but I just had to try this one. If you love spicy, yummy vanilla fragrances you have to try this. Wow. Beautiful. A favourite.

Absolutely wonderful! You have to be a Vanilla-fan to love this one. Soft and tender but yet intensive close to your skin. Next person havt to stand close or hug you to get at wiff of this beautiful scent. Supersexy on both women and men. Not a sugarsweet Vanilla - an adult, warm and deep Vanilla with lots of Amber and Musk..Outstanding Gorgeous!!!

Helt underbar! Du måste vara vanilj-tokig för att älska denna doften. Mjuk och varm ändå intensiv nära huden. Nästa person måste stå nära eller krama om dig för att få en fläkt av denna härliga doft. Supersexig på både man och kvinna. Vaniljtonen är inte sockersöt utan vuxen, varm och djup. Mängder av Vanilj, Amber och musk i en härlig blandning. Typ WAOOW!

JimTheGreat
JimTheGreat

I just got this, I love it!

Anyone else have problems with the little magnets coming unstick and the metallic paint flaking off the bottle. I don't suspect I have a fake, It's from a reputable chain!

rachel32
rachel32

the first time i smelled it i fell totally in love with it, this is my signature fragrance, every time a wear it i get lots of compliments and the common question ' what are you wearing?', its a pity coz my boyfriend does not like this one too much but i really dont care, i've gotten my fourth bottle of JPG2 ;)

cinsot
cinsot

Dense neroli invades my olfactory upon contact with my skin.

Naturally I am drawn to wanting to compare Gaultier 2 with another neroli heavy perfume I own, Notre Flore by L'Occitane. The similarities are mind boggling given the profound differences in their compositions.

Who would have thought a three note formulation, none of which are neroli, could present teeming with neroli?

Enough about the neroli! I can only conclude the amber note, rich with thick orange resin is tricking my brain?

Gaultier 2 denies me an emotional response. I fail to feel anything from this perfume unfortunately. I can admire it, perhaps from afar more so. I have a Joop-mad friend who would smell glorious in this, so G2 will go to a good home.

stephan
stephan

If you love this one, there is a great probability you will adore Lumière Noire pour homme, even if you are a lady.

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

At first it sat on my perfume shelve for awhile before I could figure out its use but I have the oil that goes with it so I layer it with Tom Ford's Santal Blush and its awesome. I can't wear it alone because its a little faint to some point once it dries down but it compliments other perfumes once applied.

dejan

i have it again!!! gaultier2 forever!

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

Like a nice warm blanket in a cold night...!! LOVE IT :D

tomerits
tomerits

another winter/fall masterpiece by Jean Paul Gaultier.love it.
my rank 4.5/5.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Gaultier 2 smells like a journey.
The one where dream and reality are tighted in a knot.
I love how floating amber shades fill the air.
While lazy winter sun glows the room, and skin of men.
See him? he has beautiful hands and golden hair.
Hear vanilla gambling on his skin?
Think its winning big time.
Sense the smell of music coming from the kitchen.
Its a sound of an oldie.
So easy to swing your body to it.
Gaultier 2 is a journey to falling in love

DominicMC
DominicMC

When you first smell this scent, you're mind will explode.

It was march this yr i had to go to a wedding, its was 30 degrees and i wore versace pour homme (because that's my suit/formal scent)

My sister wore JPG2... when i smelt it, it was unbelievable, the vanilla musky scent stuck to my nose and it didn't go away, so i sprayed some on (over my other scent haha) longevity would be about 7-8/10 and the smell would be 9/10.

ian85
ian85

Yesterday I decided to buy this scent which was mine a few years ago. I love it, and I find it more suitable than when I was jounger! It's a good and unusual thing to discover time's positive influence... First, I smell orange flower (even if I don't see it in the pyramid...) and amber; Then comes the drydown with a delicious vanilla, close to my skin... Sugar,of course, but in a good way... Uncommon, classic and sexy.

olga1780

Gaultier 2 is one of the oldest fragrances in my colleciton, I think i had it since 2007. I don't wear it very often, only in winter, but I never get bored of it and love and appreciate it just as much as when I first tried it. It's amazing how universal this perfume is. You can be dressed up or dressed down in a pair of jeans....it will fit you image no matter what you wear. It smells almost like liquid gold to me....a very distinct and different vanilla. It sounds simple and yet it smells rich and complex. The longevity and sillage are outstanding as well.
Just like Thierry Mugler,I consider JPG a genius of morden perfumery, who has a gift of creating entirely new and unique fragrances from familiar notes.

ION
ION

I do like the name of this perfume and the magnetic duo bottle concept is ok I guess, it manages to escape banality (only just) in my mind.
The smell is pretty much the same. Familiar and conservative, warm and cosy, nothing extraordinary or new, still escapes banality being well executed and on the "quality" side.
If you are French, this try looks like going back to the roots of your fragrance memories and that's the only reason I'd put "Gaultier 2" in the same category with "D&G for Men", or (even more) "D&G Masculine", as these perfumes are also a trip to the roots of Mediterranean odours and childhood memories.
I wouldn't get overexcited with this perfume, however.
If you like it, you'll like it! If you don't, just spray it on your couch and enjoy.
Works lovely as a room aromatic you know..

pattnaik
pattnaik

It's too much of raw vanilla. I very much dislike strong vanilla based perfume. This not a daily use fragrance, but if you want a loud statement, then for it. I do not like this on me, but smells nice on my wife. On her this evolves as a very complex scent.

jcastano
jcastano

Maybe I'm a bit off here but this smells like Smarties candy to me. It's like an immensely sweet, burnt vanilla mixed with a caramelized amber, with a pinch of musk. I had a bottle, tried it with enough time to let it grow on me but ultimately, I couldn't warm up to it. It's too sweet, too potent, and far too feminine for my style. Sillage is powerful and longevity goes all day. I can't imagine a male wearing this at all though. I'd even go as far as stating that this scent is not safe and almost daring if you're a dude! It's okay I suppose but it seems better catered for a female. However, my 15 year old cousin loved it so much, so I gave him my bottle and he insists it's the "bee's knees", and I must say, it does seem to work for him. As for me, I'll save all the Gaultier squared in the world for everyone else!

bloomia
bloomia

hard to describe. it's like vanilla gone bad! for all the people that dislike vanilla in perfume (like my boyfriend and I), this one you will probably like! and yes, it does smell a little like hot tires, but I like it. Not an everyday fragrance, but if you want to make an impression, this is your choice (very extrovert). As for women, this is a sexy, naughty and very complex scent, as for men a light feminine touch yet very classy.

shrink2u

This is a wonderful scent. It has sillage, longevity, broadcast. It lasts 8 hours on me. While the top notes are strong in the vanilla/musk notes, the scent drys down fairly quickly into a lovely soft vanilla/musk scent that stays and stays. Women love this on ME OR on THEM. I often get two bottles and we each douse ourselves. The best in unisex. Believe this is discontinued. I've bought 6 bottles. Stock up!!

midos
midos

this the top of JPG men fragrants! If u like vanilla & amber wonderfully made ,then try this one !Really a classy Parfum! top longevity,top sillage !

bp
bp

CLASSIQUE MEN.

Just excellent.
Once again, JPG and Francis Kurkdjian managed to create a work of art.

I love all products in the JPG, all have high quality and creativity, whether they are male or female.
It is the brand with which I identify more.
I recommend the full range of JPG.

cheeks
cheeks

I so wanted to love (or atleast like) this, as I love the concept behind it and the fabulous bottle, unfortunately it develops a harsh synthetic edge on my skin, a few other people mentioned 'burnt plastic', 'rubbery smell' or something along those lines, and unfortunately that's what I get lingering along-side the somewhat linear and syrupy vanilla. Now, I am not the biggest fan of vanilla to begin with, but seeing this was a unisex fragrance, I had not expected it to be as sweet as it is. I cannot really imagine a man wearing this, unless he's someone who is very secure with his masculinity, because I find it much too sweet even on myself.

Gaultier 2 forever !!! 10+*****

KasiaS
KasiaS

Ozzy:), go to the forum, there are plenty of people eager to answer your question! I don't think it's safe (being sweet, sultry, animalistic with a bit of body-odour, too), unless you love vanilla, amber and musk - in that case just go for it, 'cause this is what this fragrance is. But even if otherwise, you know what they say: no risk, no fun! Safe is normally boring, safe is not going to be crush of your life, is it? And this fragrance is great, supersexy and makes a hell of a statement :)
The only problem with it is that it's so hard to find a good bargain, and the price is usually quite high. So if you can, test it.

ccw888
ccw888

there are orange flower and some citrus (vanilla citrus ) type

beatrix75

the best vanilla smelling fragrance ever!!!!!

stephy_rgl
stephy_rgl

I think this a very weird smelling scent. You have to try it on your skin because otherwise, on the paper smells really bad :( I don't like it either way... Smells like food. something that you may wanna eat... I really don't like it

shrink2u

This is a terrific scent, warm, musky, vanilla. I would rate the scent 10, the sillage 9, the broadcast 7 and the longevity 9.

If it is indeed being discontinued, get it. It is the single best unisex scent I've ever owned. I own 73 male EDTs and colognes.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Radiant, warm, half-burnt vanilla with a drop of white rum. Like a hoarse voice that turns you on. There is some strange oily/plasticine note (reminds me of the butter plasticine in SUN). I can`t imagine any hetero man could wear this tho. Maybe some hispánico. hmmm
The bottle looks like some grease for robots, even the color. And the liquid makes them alive)
It was (with Jovan white musk) the only scent I could wear when I was pregnant.

Lgascco
Lgascco

terrible....i love amber, musk, and vanilla, but this one had a sweet note whose partular pungency just did not work with my chemistry. It was like coffee with cream and sugar that was going rancid in the sink after a week. Add to that a piquant bite of burnt caramelized pepper on the nosethat sticks around all day...its medicinally sickening.,,, It never warmed down like Goutal's Vanille Exquise, my favorite, which also starts off a bit raw, but becomes smooth, warm, with no bite, harsh pungency or sweetness, just envelopes me. Oh well...i tried it then gave the huge bottle away! LoL

Pierrot
Pierrot

i've heard (several times) this has been discontinued, but i don't want to believe it!
true or not? (back-up alert...)

Chris72
Chris72

Purchased this at the mall, and liked it very much. Would draw compliments (especially from 1 woman in particular) She always would tell me that I smelled "sexy" :)

beatrix75

OMGlove from now too forever !!!its the best unisex fume ever no vords too say how much delicat and sexi smell it is!!gaultier 2 its not a man parfum its komplitly made for womens yes it is in my opinion,truly vanilla vith amber and some how i feel some rosa to gooooddd

sofianec
sofianec

This hot 'n yummy sweetness in a bottle pushes all my (good) buttons. It's very sweet and gourmand and reminds of so many different and pleasant moments of my life It's impossible to ignore.

Seductive and playful, heavy and sweet - It's the perfume to wear on a date with someone special. It's one of those natural scent enhancers that mix with your pheromones making it an irresistible combination. Just bathe, wear your greatest clothes, spray and go hunting. It just works.

BTW tonight I smelled it at the movies and i got totally distracted, sniffing the air trying to figure out who sprayed it. Lovely.

Feb 2013: I still love it. Amazing scent. Buy buy buy ...

Rudy Arnak
Rudy Arnak

Simple but Powerful. In my home, we all family use this fragrance. Love it.

douvile
douvile

i love ti,i adore this parfum,its amazing

maknine ezzine
maknine ezzine

il est trop feminin et synthetique helas pour mois ....car il me fait penser toujour a chergui de lutens!!!

Gaultier 2 is delicious, but not so much in a gourmand sense, rather I liken the scent to something quite boozy, like vanilla flavoured rum.

It smells dangerous and sexy, as well as being quite warm and comforting. Vanilla and amber dominate this fragrance, however I sense subtle hints of tobacco and powder as well.

It's a fragrance for both men and women. I feel so empowered wearing Gaultier 2. It unleashes a lot of sensuality and confidence which is often hidden within me. I think on a man, this scent would be uber-sexy. I must add that the lasting power on my skin is very impressive, withstanding some showers even.

Because of its richness and potency, I can't guarantee that everybody will love it, let alone find it inoffensive. It falls under an oriental category, and I'll agree that at times, it can be a little heavy. I have grown to love Gaultier 2, and I'm quite satisfied with my little mini of it, however it's probably not something I would want to own by the gallons.

beatrix75

today i tried and i must admit thet i like its tro its just vanilla from the start to the end but i like its a vanillac fragvance

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

Im a big fan of vanila fragrances ,this note just turns heavenly on me & works very good with my skin chemistry . So this fragrance is definite keeper for me , it is just irresistible for me and as the other vanila fragrances it didnt turn me down .Im using it now for only three days and in every hour it keeps growing on me . I will add a detailed review later for this masterpiece as i feel that it has more pleasures that i havnt explore yet.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I would like to thank Francis Kurkdjian for creating this WONDERFUL scent!!!
So amazing, strong and sexy!!
Quite sweet to be wearable by a woman too, Gaultier2 will always be in my first choices for now and then.
I think it is one of the most sexiest perfumes i have ever tried!
If you want to seduce someone try it!
Amber and musk are the notes i can most detect.
On my skin it is more like a spicy woody!
LOOOOVE IT!!!

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Only these three notes(that I usually loves in fragrances), mixed together, make a beautiful and incredibly complex perfume! Very warm and sensual, and I agree this changes very much with different (femal or masculine!)skin...it goes well with my chemistry, so I'm lucky, because I love it! This amber-vanillic embrace is perfect for cold month!

olga1780

I's really amazing how such a seemingly simple fragrance composed of 3 notes can smell so complex and sexy. I love to wear it in winter! Definitely a keeper in my collection.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

starts off as mugler's womanity on me...
then turns into a deadringer for burts bees honey cream!!!
this is just thick sweet honey all the way, maybe not the sexiest
but def very sweet and cosy...a keeper

janabana123
janabana123

it was a shock at the first sniff. and hell it made me sniff again and again,..for weeks. i bought it. i never thought i'd buy such a perfume.sexy, screaming, bold, and...masculine! how can vanilla smell masculine? well, it can with all the overwhelming sweet&heavyness of this one!
i feel so masculine and strong, when i wear that.
not often for sure,..but when i want to feel scandalous myself... haha! and it makes me feel like that! 100%

longlasting and very very strong

jooligan
jooligan

It's amazing what you can do with just 3 notes!(cheers Mr Kurkdjian, for your great creativity!). Undoubtedly, this is a vanilla based perfume so the other notes (amber and musk) just plays the role as "supporting actor", giving warmness and cozyness to the primal accord. So, if you expect big changes or a surprising new smell as the time goes, don't pick this 'fume because it's pretty linear.
Despite this lack of olfatory evolution, Gaultier 2 have an amazing smell, very similar to an apple pie with a lot of cinnamon recently out of the oven(cinnamon is not in the list of notes, but maybe the vanilla and amber combo creates this "cinnamon-ish" touch).
Like Fleur du Male or Altamir, you must have balls to use it if you're a man of classic tastes, 'cos Gaultier 2 have a highly developed feminine side that could be irritating to some noses.
However, I find this frag very sexy and with a big oomph, sillage and longevity (very appreciated features).

loewa
loewa

love hate realtionship

1.sniff) oooh what a madonna-like smell
2.sniff) god terrible. like sweet glue, full of chemicals....

you choose

ameeba
ameeba

I tried this once with great expectations. First I sprayed it on paper and my reaction was 'woah, what the hell..!'. I smelled something extremely sharp and sweet and instantly hated it. Then I walked over to the mens section to find something for my man and saw the bottle again on the shelf. Just as I was leaving, on a whim, I sprayed it on my wrist, just a bit. It couldn't be that bad, could it? Well, I tell you, it was worse! Head achingly sharply sweet with something sour. I was so sorry for the people who were on the same bus with me on my way home.

And yet, there's something about this scent that fascinates me. Every time I see the bottle on the shelf I feel tempted to try it again..

Maybe on day I'll give it a second chance.

Rouu

Update ! Today i received my 40 ml new bottle from Floof :) and um in luve with the fragrance , fragrance juice color and the package glittering box :)

bombonica
bombonica

My boyfriend loves this fragrance for a few months when he first smelled it in a beauty shop. At first he was attracted by the bottle and when he smelled it he said that this reminds him of childhood and wants it :) And after this episode, every time he enters a beauty shop he goes straight to JPG stand and perfumes himself. Hope that I could buy it for him for valentine's day, I would blow his mind away ;)

mysticblondetiger
mysticblondetiger

Just received this sample and all I can say is YUM YUM YUM! Definately going to add this beautiful baby to my collection.....

diamond9
diamond9

Like somebody spread the pure honey on me ! A perfect Christmas smell, I feel like a giant cookie when I'm wearing it !!! It smells good on men too, but somehow differently... It smells the same all the time, no ups and downs... SO if you like all of this go and get it, you won't be sorry !!!

Rouu

been said Gaultier had said that he did not want Gaultier2 to have traditional top, middle and base notes,
in fact it is an essentially linear fragrance. the start is amber, musk and vanilla, with a blast of something fruity-floral and very sweet.
That ‘something’ has been compared both to bubblegum and to Classique, Jean Paul Gaultier’s first fragrance. It has been some time since I have smelled Classique, but the bubblegum comparison is certainly apt.

The development is minimal, but the fruity-floral thing does calm a bit, the amber and musk get more intense, and the vanilla takes on a creamy, pudding-like character. It is very smooth, with a velvety, almost-powder finish. It also stays very sweet. I would guess that its official fragrance family classification is oriental, but under my own idiosyncratic system, it gets placed squarely in the cozy-comfort scent category.

It is not your traditional unisex fragrance, but then, Jean Paul Gaultier did not want that either:

a perfume is about the idea of sharing. It is not unisex. It is a fragrance for couples, a togetherness perfume.
If you are a man who demands a modicum of overt masculinity in your fragrance, you may have trouble with Gaultier2; by modern standards, it leans more obviously towards the feminine .. BUT same time it can work perfectly with a real man look .. it breaks that harsh masculinity leads to quite romance and warm aura that i really luve ..

um not a fan of unsex fragrances at all but um in luve with this fume !

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I really like this fragrance, as it is simple based upon the 3 notes listed, I would also say it is complex as it gives off 2 different illusions for me. 1 is a grape note that appears throughout the fragrance. The smell reminds me of the bubble gum called Bubblelicious! ( GRAPE ) flavored.. It smells really nice as I love the smell of grape.
I also get a nice boozy whisky accord that is mixed with the vanilla to create a cappuccino smell. It has GREAT longevity & it leaves a nice trail to follow. Last all day. & is sure to get you noticed regardless of people may like it or not. A nice gourmand that is perfect for clubs, bars or weekend activity.

vadim
vadim

this fragrance smells very sweet, it's not really for males. I use it very rare and only on evening: it's powerful

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

I tested Gaultier2 today and so began a love-hate relationship full of wonders. It disgusted me at first. It seemed to me cloying, with an intoxicating, irritating sweetness. After a while, I could start smelling a tint of vanilla. Nothing animalic seemed to come out. I can smell the layer of tobacco that some of the reviewers have mentioned. Not sexy at all to me... just nauseating. I'll have to try it again. I had too many expectations to be giving it up that easily.

Lotofire
Lotofire

Too many people complaining...i dont dont know why...the fragrance is stuning well made, simple and sexy...ill write a review in spanish later.

janudy
janudy

I got burned vanilla too when I wore this...and I did not like it. It reminds me of the smell of gunpowder when you light a firecracker mixed with vanilla. Gave me a headache.

anaaranha
anaaranha

All I get is vanilla, vanilla and .... vanilla,it's very gourmand. Gives me headaches, and it does not change, it goes on smelling the same, from start to the next shower! And lasts forever!

My husband adores it, and since I bought it for both of us, I am very carefull when he goes for it, always remembering him to use it only a little!

In him it's very nice and sexy, but just a spray, more than that.... headache!

andrew85
andrew85

a vanilla bubblegum disaster. smells like a cheap burn vanilla candle, so awful, really anoying..... no way for this.... and totally femenine...

moonwalker
moonwalker

Just like previous reviewer I so wanted to like it but...
On me this smells like burnt sugar, vanilla, leather and a bit of tabacco. I have not completely given up on this but it is not the love at first sight as I thought it would be... anyway I will try it few times more

guest_frangipani
guest_frangipani

I so wanted to like this but I found it smelled like old leather car seats or a chamois leather. I guess its the musk!! Not for me at all!!!

hollycat
hollycat

I get a smell of burnt vanilla. Almost like creme brule. the amber is there making it less of a gourmand smell. The amber makes it a bit animalic. Its sweet, but not cloying. Its very edgy. I love that about this. I find it suitable to wear casually. Not something I would wear on a date, however it is very sexy. I think it would be too suggestive to wear on a date because I think it screams "I can be a little bad".

It does has potential, but I can't stand it because Vanilla/Amber are very strong. Musk comes in way later or not at all, who knows. It's better than Givenchy Pi, I think. If the sweetness gets toned down a bit, it would be great. Sorry JPG! This one is more for a body lotion or scented candle. Perhaps Eau d'Amour would be a better choice because I've heard it's better.

vdxl

It is not bad, but not as special as Jaipur, let's say. I think I would like it on women( still miles away from Very Irresistible EDT). The first minutes are very interesting, but then you get cotton candy and that's it.

Floritica64
Floritica64

The brillance of bottleing vanilla extract and selling it for 100x its actual worth. Just kidding, I love JPG's fragrances. I wonder if he runs around all day with a container of baby powder? If you irritate him, he will poof you with it. LOL

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

I have this on right now, I spritzed it on at my friends house. Its a very interesting vanilla which I want to breathe in right into the bottom of my lungs and I keep going back to it to sniff it again.It looses oomph after an hour, but its still pleasant.

Manya
Manya

This fragrance really made it clear to me that I do *not* like amber notes...

It's a very interesting and multi-faceted fragrance despite its (seemingly) simple composition. It isn't as linear as I expected it to be.

For all its sweetness, it seems better suited as a men's fragrance, IMHO.

The amount of vanilla is just perfect, a well balanced oriental.

And yet, the amber note is too strong to be pleasant to me :/ It isn't something I could ever wear.

I have this GORGEOUS & intimate fragrance, thanks to my GREAT friend NathalieZ! Love you a great bunch Nathalie!!

muza
muza

It's one of my favourite musk scents, smells very bread-like even like vanilla dought. If you like such dought-like musk this one will work for you.

jonr951
jonr951

They had an open bottle of this at Marshalls and I really liked it!!! Its to bad they didnt have a brand new bottle! I want it badly! It smells sooo good!! Like vanilla powder! I need to get me a bottle soon!! : )

milkyway
milkyway

i tried it on today.
i was on the train an hour later when the smell reached my nose..
this fragrance is absolutely enchanting..it smells so much more complex than anticipated..it feels like soft warm cashmere cocooning the skin in its unbelievable sensual and very intimate smell..
the staying power is very good too- the longer you wear it the more the fragrance is inverted and transformed. every time i sniffed my wrist it smelled differently. sharp and tangy in the beginning(amber and musk), strong and sweet after a few hours on the skin(amber and vanilla) and warm and sensual in the end(vanilla and musk)..
i think id love this smell on men too.

Ile 007
Ile 007

ok...I had this perfume 4 years ago...After the first sniff I wanted it and I got it the same day:)
I thought it was warm and interesting. I love it that day!
But, after weareing it more (daily) I got sick of it...didn't liked it anymore :(
It felt heavy and overhelming on my skin!

Lady Love
Lady Love

An intense and deep vanilla that gets into your senses and drive you crazy.. Definitely not a perfume for all people probably for strong personalities with self confidence..

The most charming thing about this fragance is that it's unisex..

bronstein
bronstein

Wow, this one smells smokey, almost like incense. It's mysterious and hence it suits women who either fancy a mysterious appearence, or who are in fact mysterious. It follows that it's definitely a female scent.

sofiii
sofiii

It is amazing how three simple notes blend together can smell so wonderful.

Gaultier 2 starts with sweet licorice-like smell which is really sensual(I guess it's the amber). I just can't help but keep on sniffing my wrist. Somehow, I think there's a hint of Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka's mysterious feeling here, but more well-blended and closer to my skin.

The scent is quite linear but with subtle changes. Later on, Gaultier 2 smells cleaner(less sweet, deeper, woodier), I guess it's due to the musk and vanilla, it's a little bit soapy and even closer to the skin. I got the feeling, it's like when you step out of a nice bubble bath and wrap a soft fluffy towel around you... or a nice long hug on bed during a rainy weekend morning.I felt it's really cozy and comfortable when wearing it.

Really worth trying!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I feel like I love it and hate it at the same time.It is as heavy as lead, as sweet as Häagen-Dazs, and bewildering-or in fact I want to say: "bewilderbeasting"...
I usually love Egyptian musk and the note of amber, but I think I am smelling a truly animalic fragrance for the first time.I love vanilla too, but this is not the earthy natural vanilla that attracts me. I think it could be nice layered with a light, perhaps fresh, or woody scent.
I have a mini of "scented massage oil"-so I think this will stay for hours, but I will update again. Also, wearing this in public will be a social experiment for me. I hope I receive positive attention from it, cause I can imagine at least a few people would think that I reek shamelessly.

Update: Synthetic, not much more to say. If you want perspective, try some amber fragrances that use better materials. I am wary of any perfume named "___ 2", it makes me think it's not a #1 creation, or worth having it's own name. As a non-fan of this, I think I was supressing heavy disappoinment when I first tested and reviewed this one....

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

As many other serious perfume addicts, I am not looking for perfumes that 'whisper' and stay close to the skin but for ones that make a clear statement. Gaultier 2 is one of those masterpieces that I would always like to have in my collection. The most sensual vanilla and the deepest amber won't let you pass by unnoticed. If you are faint-hearted and do not go in for orientals, you will probably find it too sweet and overwhelming but if you are looking for something special and are patient enough to let it dry down and mix with your body chemistry, you won't regret it. This is one of the sexiest frags ever and has an exceptional staying power! That's what I call a 'hot brunette' perfume! Recommended for evening wear and special occasions.

thomslc
thomslc

The most wonderful erotic and sensual smell. Every time I wear it someone comments however they all get a different aroma. I love it anytime but especially for a special occaison wearing something special...but just as special and different when wearing white shirt and blue jeans. Musky but sweet and lasts all day...

ktv0926
ktv0926

Definitely my type of scent! Spicy vanilla heaven! Manly and feminine at the same time. Very sexy and seductive.

I wouldn’t use it too often (might get bored), but once in a while for a night out to some lounge, or for a date (not a romantic kind though) - would be a perfect choice.

Natalia78
Natalia78

A masterpiece based on only 3, but how essential notes. Vanilla definitely dominates the two others, however the fragrance is soft and milky and this is due to amber extract. I like it better on women. Doesn't really suit someone who randomly chooses fragrances and doesn't have a favourite scent family. It is not a RANDOM perfume, it is a gem.

guest_lovingit
guest_lovingit

Gaultier2 (eau de parfum) is amazing, even though quite linear. It is sweet and bitter at the same time. I also use Gaultier's Classique but as pure parfum. The two scents share a similar warmth. Even though I have to say that the Classique PARFUM is more complex, deep, nostalgic and sophisticated. I recommend you try it if you can find it anywhere because the pure parfum seems to be produced in very limited quantities. I also mix the two. They can be layered even though not on the same spot at the same time. I like wearing Gaultier2 on my left wrist and Classique on my right...

Igorbgd
Igorbgd

I know many guys like this one ,but for me it's little more suitable for women , personaly I can't imagine waering this one !

sanziana29

My husband bought me as a gift. He was in love with the smell, but for on him but on me. He said it has an afrodisiac effect. I still love the perfume, but I have bad memories- cos I was ill in that time. Enjoy it.

guest_Alice.E.
guest_Alice.E.

not sexy,not even 1%. I think you all think it's sexy as a placebo effect due to the artistic commercial. just syntethic vanilla with some musk, most of it. gives vomiting sensations you had as a kid when eating too much sugar-sweet-vanilly candies. It is not "candy sweet", but the vanilla so awfully built in it makes you remember that. And remember the before throwing up sensation.

hoelahoep
hoelahoep

Nothing there in this scent for a man, i'm sorry....

To sweet, much & much to sweet. It's a linear liquid candy bar.

Zocha
Zocha

someone here wrote that this fragrance is about sex and animal attraction...
oh my God how true! I think Mr. Patrick Süskind had something like this on his mind writing the final scene of his "Das Parfum"
I even do not want to analyze the notes! - pure pheromones or what!
people, this is a bottled seduction in its best! sophistication with a large dose of sensuality.
My bottle has hit the road already and I cannot wait to enjoy this extraordinary blend!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This is sex in a bottle!I had it but i dont know where it is..hehe i dont remember if i have given it away maybe.But anyway the mix of amber and vanilla(two favourite notes of mine)creates a deep and sexy smell.But i dont know if it really suits a man,its very sweet and i find it more feminin.You have to have the right attitude to wear it because it is a very loud smell..

Delicious vanillic, woody and resinous. Almost has a rootbeer edge. I love the warm encompassing feeling this has, though it probably isn't a good one for super hot weather. Definitely could be worn by either sex, though people who prefer crisp aquatics or fruity florals probably won't like it much.

sevanya
sevanya

I like the idea of creating the fragrance "2 in 1" suitable for women and men first. After the firt sniff I thought it's perfect for men and could hardly imagine it on young woman.But I was enjoying so much to smell this on my husband. After wearing it for some days I completely changed my opinion. it's perfect, very sensual scent for both! On me sweet but very elegant.
I give a high appreciation to this fragrance!

allexa27
allexa27

well...this is a hot and sexy stufff,mmmm.I am very happy that it suits me ,i feel extremely sexy walking around wearing it.Such sweet ,naughty and deep vanilla and amber.On me it doesnt smell mascuiline,it is very feminine and extremelly sexy on my skin!!!!!One of my favourites

Cherub573
Cherub573

I wanted to like this because I love musky skin scents with some sweetness. It is soft, but tenacious. It lasts a very long time and is really sweet, but not like sugar or candy. The amber turns kinda high-pitched and super sweet on my skin and induces headaches.

I agree with the reviewer below that it almost turns rubbery, which I like in Bvlgari Black, but probably because there are some tea notes to calm it down.

I think I would like this better on a man.

Amanda79

My bestfriend sent me this in the mail! Now that I've had the chance to wear it and try it on skin my review has changed.. (previous review was from smelling it on paper). I think a perfume should always be worn to form an honest opinion and this one smells better on skin.

I still smell apple potpourri at first spray like I said in my original review but it changes after its been on a few minutes.

I couldn't put my finger on it and then I realized this reminds me of Bvlgari Black!! It has that rubber smell on me. But this isn't a deep licorice/amber/vanilla sweet rubber like in Black but more of a musky/apple/rubber. Its definitely from amber notes in both fragrances. Although I'm a fan of amber I never realized till these two that amber in large dosages creates that effect.

Although Gaultier2 is linear from beginning to end after wearing this for an hour or so the vanilla comes out a little more and it smells like a burnt cookie with cinnamon and honey.

This is just an odd perfume for me but I kinda like it! This will work perfect to layer with perfumes that are missing depth and warmth.

renneyg007
renneyg007

Very sexy, for me a summer evening fragrance. Really great dry down and proper staying power. Love it.

guest_a beautiful mind
guest_a beautiful mind

Very long lasting and overpowering.
Besides that unique as unisex fragrance (comparition with well-known Calvin Klein and Cartier unisex fragrances).
It fits to men and what's more important this stuff stands out from ordinary parfumes.

juliana6909
juliana6909

I have two bottles of this one(they come toghether) and I liked it very much at the begging but after a while I found it too overpowering and headachie. I am finding it difficult to wear it in public it is more like personal and sexy smell for a date. It gets quite boring for me because it does not change when you wear it. My verdict is: I would not buy it again although I still like a sniff of it when I am in a mood for it but defenatelly not an everyday perfume for me.

vdxl

Sweet, nice, but not innovative. Great if you want to smell the same as your beloved one. If worn very sparingly( a squirt in the air and then you pass), it is very sensual, if not you will really smell like a vanilla sugar your grandma uses for cookies.

Amanda79

The reviews on Gaultier 2 made me curious so I went to the mall today to smell it. Amber, vanilla and sex hmmmm not sure I smell that! I get an odd mixture of dried fruits, cinnamon and honey. Not overly feminine or masculine. Its not bad but smells like apple cinnamon potpourri.

guest_Alex
guest_Alex

A very sensual and sexual fragrance there is something animalistic about this...does anybody know if they threw some pheromones in it??? LOVE IT!!!!

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

The type of fragrance that gets into your skin and you smell "sensual", not "perfumed". Almost finished the bottle while in Copenhagen in winter, but now that warm days are close it is too heavy-bitter.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

This scent needs a character to wear it, guts if you imagine, like most animalic scents (at least for me). But it is the only one I can boast of long-term relations with, despite our regular separation from mid-spring to late autumn (it doesn’t work for me in warmer seasons).

Someone could say it is all about sex and animal attraction, someone could reckon it among bohemian style with an eccentric touch or even decadence but for me it is all about creativity, it makes me feel bold and creative.

Paradoxically, the scent contains the notes I am usually not on good terms with – amber and musk but none irritates me here for some reason, their duet sounds even cozy and the people who declared to be allergic before have perceived it with approval. I also like mature vanilla but the amount of sweetness is just relevant to be considered unisex. In general, it is the best proof of the fact that Jean Paul Gaultier has found his original style in perfumes.

I must say it doesn’t surprise you with some special evolving, you get what it seems at the beginning, the scent just a little calms down. The lasting power is ok, but if you want it to sound bright and distinctive, reapply every 3-4 hours.

By the way, it sounds slightly different each time, my mum constantly asks me what I am wearing even if I am wearing this one for three days running, that’s why I can believe those couples who say that it sounds absolutely different on a husband and a wife so the other relatives wouldn’t even notice that they wear the same fragrance.

And one more thing, every late Autumn after long separation I shudder at the first sniff of Gaultier-2, wondering how I dared wear such a sassy scent even at the office last season but then it goes like “click” and we are best friends again, could go everywhere together in a creative mood.

MinogueParfums
MinogueParfums

I wanted to buy this, but it was a little too strong. And i was told not to buy this by friends. So, my friends would have hate smelling me if i did buy this.

guest_lincegsxr
guest_lincegsxr

demasiado demasiado demasiado demasiado demasiado DULCE DULCE DULCE .......

Nada mas echartela es dulce como algodon de azucar. Quizas me recuerde a los perfumes de las ancianas inglesas que huelen a PERFUME PERFUME....

Pasadas una horas quedan rastros de esa "dulzor" de caramelo.... claramente no es nada masculina.... quizas sea mas femenina.... pero femenina clasica.

No se la regalaria a mi novia. Quizas a mi madre de 60 años que le gustan los olores fuertes.

Para hombre nada de nada......

eduardomm
eduardomm

i like gaultier2 only two or three hours after i spray it on my skin!

da_markos
da_markos

too sweet, too overpowering... not my type of scent

susieqrj
susieqrj

I bought it today on my way to work, unsniffed, and had just sprayed a bit on my hand (just to test, as I´m already using a perfume).
The very first impression is odd: it is sweet and sort of bitter at the same time. Makes me think of male and female together, as one: warm and sweet vanilla (female aspect) and strong and potent amber (male aspect).
After two hours the smell is basically the same, without dramaticaly changes: my impression is that the amber is getting soft (or is it my nose getting used to it?)
As a first impression, I have to say that it´s good. Will not become a favorite, but is pleasant.

BethAshley
BethAshley

I wanted to try this one because of all the positive reviews but I was sadly disappointed by it. I was hoping for something edgy since it is unisiex, instead I have found something way too heavy and sweet. It's giving me a headache. It reminds me a little of classique but no where nearly as nice. For me its a total "scrubber".

Viet
Viet

I smelled this at the fragrance store and fell love at the first smell.

Definitely the right scent - warm enough but not too thick, cosy fragrance which says "come near to me."

dutch mickie
dutch mickie

definately one of my favourites. very warm, just sweet enough, a bit woody, the right spices are being used, sensual, I just love me when i wear this scent!!

vtothek
vtothek

Very, very sweet. Smells like the inside of a cold stone creamery. All I can smell is the vanilla. While not bad, it's very gourmand even for my tastes, and does indeed smell more on the masculine side to me. Worth a try, you might like it, but even if you're a gourmand oriental lover like me there's no guarantees you'll adore it. Bought it unsniffed and though I like it, it's definitely not a favorite.

desmondorama
desmondorama

I have to say that this is a wonderfully comforting 'skin perfume' that's more of a personal sweet scent than something you would wear to be outstanding in a crowd.

Definitely a very good, popular seller and a great fragrance investment.

Very personal!

SandraS
SandraS

I love the botle, the concept behind it.
As for the fragance it starts very promising and I kept waiting for it to dry and setle which never happened. What you get from first spary is what you have. I agree with boggi when she said it comes as very sintetic. After an hour I was sick of it, washed it off and still was on my skin. Its long lasting to say the least.

Boggi
Boggi

I got a mini version of this yesterday. I was sure I would like it because of the reviews and the composition, but I got disapointed. I may miss some receptors in my nose or have different skin composition, but it smells very flat to me. Its a hot, intense note that I think are quite syntetic.
I think its very similar to Classique, which I have never been my favorite.
I will try it a couple more times and write more if I change my mind about it.

alotta
alotta

All time favourite. My number 1!

Silvery
Silvery

Its amber and vanilla are irresistible!!!! I must have this perfume! Totally sensual and sexy without being harsh. It has a little similarity with Alien by Thierry Mugler, but this one is not so sweet. Ahhh, I can't think of anything but having and using this!!

Erika_K
Erika_K

Very sexy scent, both on my skin and both on a man. I love it!

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

I've been searching for a signature fragrance for a long time.After a lot of testing and sniffing to the point of headacke i stubbled on this beauty.It was almost fate since the word unisex for me was a thumds down choice.In other words it is a perfume that i would never test it on my own.The only chance that me and Gaultier2 could have to meet each other,was only if somebody introduced us.And this is what happened indeed.My boyfriend tired of my constant testings made me to promise him that i would stop my obsesssing about finding the right perfume by wearing without arguing something of his choice. "The choice" was Gaultier2 and it was instant love.this is one of the most sexier and intimate fragrances one could ever find.Once you wear it lingers all around you leaving a trace in everything you are passing by an touch ..clothes,pillows,hearts.Vanilla(not a "pink" one,musk,amber in a very intruiging combination..Sexy and cosy,dark and luminous all at the same time.Its is a constant contradiction but so is the designer behind it a: The unique Jean Paul Gaultier.

rebella
rebella

This is one of my favourite vanillafragrances. It is warm, intense and sexy. It works excellent on both man and woman. Longlasting, powerful and no doubt that this is a grown up-vanilla. It stays almost the same from beginning to the end and I haven´t notice that it is much sweeter on me than on my husband. Absolutly worth the money.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Sensual in the extreme. Men swoon over this fragrance. The musk prevents the vanilla and amber from becoming to sweet. I also detect a beautiful ylang-ylang in the midnotes. Dries down to a sexy skin scent. Gorgeous!

sanziana29

Very interesting perfume, versatile and monotone in same time. One of my favorites, worth money.

guest_Layla
guest_Layla

This is also good on women. My male friends like it and thinks it is such a sexy smell.

guest_Or
guest_Or

Just bought one, this scent is AMAZING! I can't stop smelling it, and I bet the ladies won't be able too.

Highly recommanded.

I think that it is better on men rather than on women. On women it is too sweet, but on men it is very sexy.

2007
promoscanner
promoscanner

I never get as many compliment from women as when I am wearing this scent. Nice and soft, but not too feminine. Rather than masking your normal, clean scent, it enhances it, letting your pheromones do their thing. Excellent fragrance.

2007

Gaultier 2 by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.88 out of 5 based on 1073 ratings and 221 user reviews

Jean Paul Gaultier 2 Mini by Jean Paul Gaultier, .1 oz Mini EDP for Women
Jean Paul Gaultier 2 Mini by Jean Paul Gaultier, .1 oz Mini EDP for Women
Fleur Du Male Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Jean Paul Gaultier Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
GAULTIER 2 for UNISEX by Jean Paul Gaultier EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 4 OZ
GAULTIER 2 for UNISEX by Jean Paul Gaultier EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 4 OZ
Eau De Parfum 4oz
Jean Paul Gaultier 2 Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Men
Perfume WorldWide
Gaultier 2
Gaultier 2
Jean Paul Gaultier 2 Perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier, 1.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Eau De Parfum 4oz
Jean Paul Gaultier 2 Perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier, 4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier 2 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier 2, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gaultier 2 by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gaultier 2 by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.