Designers » I-K » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Kokorico Jean Paul Gaultier for men

Kokorico Jean Paul Gaultier for men
dislike

cacao
Kokorico Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Kokorico Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Kokorico Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Kokorico Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Kokorico Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Kokorico Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures

Jean Paul Gaultier finally launches his brand new masculine fragrance in September 2011. The fragrance is named Kokorico, which is the French onomatopoeia for rooster’s cry (“Cock-a-doodle-doo” in English).

Created in collaboration with Puig and Firmenich’s perfumers Olivier Cresp and Annick Menardo, Kokorico is designed as a powerful and explosive aphrodisiac, emphasizing woody and cocoa notes. Kokorico represent an olfactory "cry": „the boastful cry of a rooster, the conquering cry of a man-warrior, the cry of a young man filled with pleasure…”

The top of the composition features refreshing fig leaves, which provide energy, the heart is filled with raw cocoa, which stimulates (not the artificially sweet kind, but a natural extract), while woody notes of patchouli, cedar and vetiver express their masculinity and power.

Black, red and feathers are flamboyant, cocky and dramatic elements of inspiration for the package and the campaign design. The bottle is shaped like a sculpture of a male head from one side, and it looks like a torso from the other perspective. The face of the campaign shot by Jean-Baptiste Mondino is model Jon Kortajarena.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette with an accompanying collection of body care products (deodorant, shower gel, aftershave lotion).

Fig Leaf

Patchouli Cacao

Virginia Cedar Vetiver

Kokorico by Night
L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme

Kokorico Fragrance Reviews

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Fragrances that involve vetiver typically turn mephitic on me. I enjoyed Kokorico, that is until it dried down. While savoring the moment, I found that this fragrance is unique... yes, but a hybrid of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme and Marc Jacobs' classic for men. This could have been the great start of a Gaultier unisex line, as I find fig, cacao and patchouli to be utterly genderless.

AdP1909
AdP1909

If the name Kokorico represents the cry of a rooster then the fragrance must represent heavily peppered chicken faeces, I mean it's just awful! L'Enfant Terrible really has done a terrible job here, what on earth was he thinking? I'm surprised people can even compare this to other fragrances but it certainly helps me stay clear of other ones like this - total waste of my money and the only painfully ironic positives about this fragrance were its almost offensive sillage and tremendous longevity... Never again!

mortezaa
mortezaa

Very similar to Azzaro Visit but a bit sweeter.

bmantrippy
bmantrippy

I really wanted to like this fragrance. It got good reviews, likeable notes, and good longevity and sillage. Picked this one up fro about $25, which suprised me for a Gaultier fragrance. First thing I notice, is that the bottle is BEAUTIFUL.... very unique and unlike any other that I have seen. But, in the opening I got a HUGE amount of alcohol, which I thought would go away over time. It did not. Maybe I got a bad bottle? I smell cacao and fig etc. but the alcohol is so overpowering and unbearable!

Overall --

Scent 5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Sillage 7/10

The bottle is worth the whole buy.

Scent is not bad, but the alcohol is so malicious.

natrance
natrance

Blind buy purchase...nothing short of brilliant! The only thing that it has in common with LIDGE I'd the dry cocoa note...this is something that will turn heads, not only because its intoxicating, but barely anyone has this!! IMHO it will be in the top rotation for me during the colder months

Kokomander
Kokomander

Love this unique juice! One of my favorites for some reasons. This gives me power and energy like no other. I feel like i own the place with this one.

At first i wasnt sure, especially with those super harshass top notes.
But it grew on me like no other, it has this delicious cacao vibe to it, so yummy.
Only problem with it is that i hardly reach for it, and i sometimes struggle finding a good occasion for it.

Bro tip : never wear this fragrance because it just was there, otherwise it'll wear you instead lol. Only wear it if you're feeling bold and daring, and trust me it will never let you down.

magicnose
magicnose

Well blow me down if it isn't that horrible molecule from Straight to Heaven and Idole De Lubin. This shrill, piercing molecule is like a bullet to the brain. It's meant to be a sexy, boozy cedar sort of thing - but it's obnoxious and screamy. I was really surprised Annick Menardo is behind this one.

Sometimes modern perfumery makes me throw my hands up and shout "What are they thinking?". Some of these aromachemicals nowadays....just nasty...same thing with Aventus - god awful shrieking pong with all the subtlety of Johnny Rotten singing through a loudhailer.

John Mason
John Mason

A provoking bottle with unusual smell. A nice blend of fig leaves and cacao. Long lasting. I recommend to smell before buying.

tavo

When I first got it I didnt know what to do with it, I found it to be very diferent and quite strange for what I normally use, then I started experimenting with it, and discovered that with this one, less is more, tHat people actually enjoy it in the night and that its an overall great fragance. It projects really really well, and it can be cloying if you use too much. The kind of fragance that grows on you. Give it a chance cuz its something else.

Surrealist
Surrealist

I like this stuff here, sweetness , fig leaf , cacao all together compose a semi sweet dry cacao powdery scent that
is not for every day, basically its not for day use even though they have released a night version ,I think they are both for night use .
I like it, it different ,its strong and lasts.
oh and as for the similarities with L'Instant...just the cacao note...they are totally different style scents,
L'Instant is sophisticated , well blended with citruses on opening and then gets close to the skin (at least on mine)
and this one is loud and projects quite well throughout its lasting time.
I like it!!!

tabularasaus
tabularasaus

Just received this fragrance yesterday. Honestly, I can't figure out why there are so many negative reviews. Nothing exactly groundbreaking here, but not offensive by any means. From the first initial spray, I thought to myself, this is somewhat of a dialed in version of B*Men. B*Men was never a fragrance I particularly enjoyed, so it took me a moment to sit back and soak in what Kokorico was offering me. After an hour I was sold.

season: Preferably Fall and Spring perhaps. Not exactly a summer or winter fragrance here
occasion:casual or night out
sprays:2-3
scent:7/10
longevity:6/10
projection:8/10
sillage:7/10
versatility:6/10
overall:38/50

Just a dab sampling so far. There is a bit of B*Men present in this one, but not the anise note. There are also some obvious aroma chemicals here, but these don't seem to bother me, though it might happen with a regular wearing. It's a little sweet and vanillic, but I don't get much cocoa. Overall, at current prices, this seems like an excellent deal for someone looking for a gourmand that is a bit different, but still pleasant (not like with A*Men's tar note, that many dislike).

UPDATE: This is quite similar to L'Instant Homme, but the aroma chemicals are more obvious here, though these don't bother me too much (unlike too much iso e super), and the scent lasts a long time (though you might not think so if you can't detect these chemicals). I find the Guerlain to be a bit unbalanced whereas this one seems just right, again, if you don't mind the use of aroma chemicals here.

andrepoernomo
andrepoernomo

I got this bottle at "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" promo at a department store. The other one I got was JPG Le Male, and I had to choose something else from the same brand. It was between Kokorico, Le Beau Male, and Le Male Terrible. I went for this one because I thought it has the most distant scent compared to Le Male.
At that time I've never bought a designer fragrance before. I was still new to the game and didn't really know all that much or what I was looking for.
When I first sprayed this I thought "Wow, it's so peculiar!" Nothing like I've smelt before. It's dark and bitter. Woody and pungent. After it dried down, a bitter cocoa note emerged and I was starting to like it. The opening notes can be very intrusive and I would imagine not everyone would be into this. I would say this one is an acquired taste.
I think Kokorico is perfect for night time and special evening occasions, for people who are daring, want to be different and break away from the pack.
I personally love it now and wish I could wear it more often (unfortunately I don't have many evening occasion to go to :P), so sometimes I would spray it before I go to bed at night and immerse myself in a dark and mysterious world of Kokorico.

louisminaj
louisminaj

I know a lot of people hate this, but I'm actually growing to love it! I just love the way the cocoa and patchouli mix! It has this addictive sweet yet dirty smell to it that I find brilliant! It has wonderful projection and lasting power and beautiful progression! I must say that you need to try it and give it time before you outright judge it because it is a lovely fragrance!

lexi.malevolent
lexi.malevolent

Blind bought this as I collect Gaultier perfumes/bottles. I gave it to my boyfriend who actually quite likes it (if he didn't, I was going to use it myself as he only likes overtly masculine scents - I took a punt that it would be though as most men's fragrances in black bottles tend to be quite heavy and masculine). It is very strong on first spray and if trying in a store, I can see why someone would immediately hate it or find it a bit generic. However, over the longevity of the fragrance, it becomes more complex and the silage draws closer to the body.
A love for me.

vonMises
vonMises

Scary and beautiful at the same time. This shares aspects of Zino and Varvatos's original, but without the sweetness. A niche-feeling sort of character, a bit challenging, it's a little surprising this made it to the commercial market. A great fragrance. Longevity is astounding.

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

dirty cocoa/patchouli bomb. addictive.

JoeOM
JoeOM

This is really great. Different from most things in my fragrance wardrobe.

Opens with a bitter, earthy blast of fig leaf, ventures into smelling a bit like damp soil for a while, but then dries down to be a masculine blend of cocoa, patchouli and vetiver. Then becoming a powdering chocolate once it settles down to your skin.

Fantastic for Winter!

Longevity and projection are average but the juice is great.

diego.rzse
diego.rzse

It's different, all that anyone can tell from the fist spray.
It would be on the same "Le Male" shelf if it wasn't for the cocoa and fig leaf (not the fruit, the leaf itself), it's a blast in the beginning and it lasts for a while until the drydown comes and changes a little bit of the strong cacao note, but there's still some sourness in it which I can't identify what it is.
It's NOT a blind buy! It's like blind buying Narciso Rodriguez For Him or Angel Men.
Like I said, it's different. A love or hate juice.

mfeezy
mfeezy

I don't understand the negativity associated with this. I love the scent (particularly the cacao) and the longevity. It's probably better suited for winter...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Very strongly cacao, very gourmandy and very nice - if you like that sort of thing. I've decided that I do; A-Men finally sold me. (I have the Pure Malt flanker.) My wife also likes it, but thinks it a bit too soft for me; she thinks it would work better as a woman's perfume. I'm inclined to agree.

Not sure whether or not I'd buy myself a bottle of this.

It reminds me somewhat of CK Shock, only without the tobacco note.

Interesting bottle!

mildspicej17u55l

Also I have to add, whatever you do, do not wear this in the summer especially if you live in Arizona during the monsoons when its hot and humid. I made the mistake of wearing this during when it was hotter than hell and lemme tell ya I cleared off a city block. This stuff is potent. Sill love it though :)

tavo

I dont know if I love ir or I hate it, sometimes I liked it sometimes it gives me a headache, but I can never find an occation to wear it. Probably in a biker hell angels type of guy this would fit. A lot of people describe this as a gourmand but to me its more powdery than it is sweet and its more dry than it is powdery. The midnnotes are the best way to describe this, patchuli and cacao in that order.

mildspicej17u55l

Jean Paul Gaultier, you've done it again! A very unique, sensual creation. This one is like black coffee. You either have the taste for it but you don't. I appreciate the subtle, healthy sexuality that Jean Paul Gaultier puts into they're fragrances and packaging with exception to the soup can container. Like Fleur Du Male, this is very natural. And not synthetic natural like the cheap male colognes of yesteryear. On my skin its very musky cocoa powder with cedar which is fantastic. I have to say though i was a little concerned when i smelled it before i sprayed it. The bottle i absolutely love. In fact thats pretty much what sold me on it. From the back of the head it looks like the oh so popular Le Male torso profile. I also like the throwback to the 80s look with the shiny black enamel, red makeup smear/paint font and smoky silver sprayer. So far I set this as I like. Once I wear it more, im sure it will end up in the love sooner or later. By the way, is this stuff discontinued? Because i've never seen it in a department store, perfume store or any big box store. Instead I found it in ross.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

Not bad, a winter fragrance.Lots of cacao.

7/10.

t for two
t for two

Love it! Very sexy! This is coming from a woman! Need a little time to develop... and the patchouli to settle down. i don't get the negative reviews here at all! It is not your usual main stream frag! It is unisex i think , not so crazy about the bottle though.

Yosa
Yosa

Love the bottle. Love Jean Paul Gaultier. The scent, however, I did not love. It was simply too cacao for me. No dimension. What a disappointment!

OKcololo
OKcololo

So... Kokorico. Where to begin? A huge, weirdly perfumey(salicylate? musk?), incredibly cocoa-smelling thing WITHOUT the terrible cheap chocolate effect of Must (Cartier) probably due to the lack of vanilla, with a strong chili/pimento contrast that makes everything headier still. I was given a bottle for christmas a few years back and it's still more than half full! That might sound like a mouthful but in small doses its actually quite interesting and very distinctive. It's also quite long lasting. I'd reccomend it, especially since it would seem its made with quality materials and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Give it a go, and take it easy on the atomizer button. Three and a half out of five. 3.5/5

kaysee
kaysee

Woody and cocoa.
I get it why people say it reminds them of LIDGE. But it's a more dry/bitter version of it.
Longevity not that great on me.

Kain
Kain

To be honest with my experience with JPG fragrances that I usually hate them I didn't have any hope for this but surprise, surprise it's good! I really liked the opening and the rest was kind of middle of the road for me, but all and all it was nice.
The opening is a fresh, green, grassy, fruity figs smell with some sweetness in the background.
Very fresh and pleasant.
After a while the scent starts to warm up and get sweeter and at the same time cocoa kicks in and patchouli shows up.
The mid is a sweet (not too sweet as people keep talking about!), slightly bitter cocoa scent with patchouli and the earthiness that give the scent and some woods in the background.
I don't know why people keep calling this strange but it doesn't smell strange at all and I don't see similarities between this and LIDGE!
Projection is average and longevity is around 5-6 hours.
The scent is way better than it's terrible looking bottle!

راستش با تجربه ای که از عطرهای این برند داشتم که غالبا مساوی بودن با تنفر از بوی عطرهاش، شخصا هیچ امیدی به این عطر نداشتم اما بوش منو حسابی سورپرایز کرد چون برعکس بقیه کارای این برند این بوی خوب و کیفیت قابل قبولی داشت
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی خنک، سبز، یه جورایی چمن مانند، میوه ای و کمی شیرین انجیر شروع میشه
بوی آروم و طبیعی و دلپذیری داره
با گذر زمان بوی عطر شروع میکنه به تغییر کردن و گرم و شیرین شدن
همزمان با این تغییرات رایحه نعنای هندی و کاکائو هم به عطر اضافه میشن
رایحه میانی یه بوی شیرین (ولی نه خیلی شیرین که بعضی ها میگن) به همراه مقداری رایحه تلخ کاکائو هست که رایحه نعنای هندی بهش کمی حس تند و تیز خاکی میده و با گذر زمان بیشتر رایحه خیلی ضعیفی از چوبها هم بهش اضافه میشن که البته کاملا در حاشیه قرار دارن
در کل عطر اصلا به اون شیرینی و عجیب غریبی که میگن نیست
بوی عادی و تکراری هم نداره اما خاص هم نیست
یه کار کمی متفاوت و خوشبو که البته شخصا بوی اولش رو خیلی دوست داشتم و بقیه اش برام معمولی بود
پخش بوی متوسطی داره و ماندگاری تقریبا قابل قبولی بین 5-6 ساعت روی پوست داره
بوی عطر به طور حتم از شیشه زشت و ضایع اش خیلی بهتره

renzo77
renzo77

this fragrance I like all gaultier bottles are beautiful and this more so this is different than l'instant another scent as strong as good something is paul jean ebay thanks I'll buy another Kokorico I take 10 times and smells much hard hours and is superior to those of crap and Bvlgaris, armani, hugos boss or those not smell anything
kokorico
scent 8/10
longevity 8/10
sillage 7/10

AndreiCristian
AndreiCristian

Verry good fragrance ! Love it !

Scent 10/10 , a dark cacao with fresh cut grass opening , harsh open , but still verry nice , verry similar scent with Guerlain L'instant De Guerlain Extreme at opening , but moddern .

Longevity 8/10 last a long time

Projects 8/10 verry good.

Price 10/10 30$ ? ... guerlain is 90$ so ..

Overall 8/10 , why ? becouse this is a special scent and i dont know why , many people dont like it .

Anshul525
Anshul525

Kokorico is a fragrance for Alpha males... the one who are bold enough to follow their heart and sooner or later world follows them.... it reminds me of a legendary heroes from history someone like Achilles or Leonidas ... it's for man who know how to stand out while blending in effortlessly... and for people who compare it to LIDGE all I can say to them is... "LIDGE if for a multi-millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne while Kokorico for mysterious yet soulful Dark Knight."

Cassiano
Cassiano

This fragrance was launched in 2011 and had, as inspiration, the black plume used in clothes from the Gaultier’s Collection presented at Haute Couture Fashion Show from 2006/2007. With a dramatic and somewhat arrogant result, it also served as inspiration for the packaging and the campaign. The name of the fragrance, came from the matins sound of the cock, which inside Gaultier’s head represents the animal's cry, like the conquering cry of warrior or a young man full of pleasure...a total “daydreaming”!

And before start talking about the fragrance, I prefer to take advantage of the name’s choice momentum for commenting on the bottle. Although I know that taste is something very personal, I did not like the choice. This bald black head brings me back to something darker, that could be the inspiration for the campaign and would look much better with another name: “Voodoo” would be a great option. And even comes in a red Tin, intensifying the idea of something that needs to be well safe.
The only thing I admire about the bottle, is the fact that if looked aside, we have the visual identity with the other fragrances from Gaultier and the famous male torso. And just few people noticed that!

The fragrance, in turn, is very good. According to the manufacturer, opens with cocoa beans (slightly bitter) and fig leaves, bringing a mix of energy with aphrodisiac flair. Then, notes of patchouli in the heart and, finally, woody nuances of cedar and vetiver.
Numerous are the comparisons made with this cologne, ranging from L'instant de Guerlain Extreme to CK One Shock for Him. On my skin, as soon as applied, the fragrance has much resemblance with Very Irrèsistible for Men, by Givenchy. But when the patchouli – with its nuances that can be bitter, earthy and/or slightly similar to chocolate – arises, what comes to mind is the aroma of Spirit for Men by Antonio Banderas.

Kokorico is, in my opinion, a cologne of few surprises, in gourmand style, but isn't that sweet thanks to the base notes, which give a dry tone to the final aroma. It fits very well in colder climates or nighttime events.
Both the projection as the longevity are typical of Gaultier. But don't expect a bomb as Gaultier² or Fleur du Male, because you might be disappointed.

OCNBreeze7
OCNBreeze7

Dare to be Different... This juice is good...

There has been some negative chatter regarding Jean Paul Gaultier's, Kokorico. It is certainly different, but a good different that deserves an opportunity. Today was my first opportunity to try this fragrance - while not my typical fragrance (I am drawn more to the aquatic and citrus blends), I find it appealing and sufficiently unique to portray a message, "it is good to be different"...

Out of the bottle, I get the burst of cacao notes that settles into a pleasant blend of patchouli, vetiver, and "woodsy" notes. It leaves curiosity, "gee, what is that smell?" to the user and those who "float across the wake" of Kokorico. Additionally, I would make a pitch that Kokorico would be an acceptable femine fragrance - almost Thierry Mugler Angle like...

With my body chemistry, Kokorico offers moderate longevity and moderate, borderline weak, projection/sillage. As previously noted, today is my first real experience with Kokorico. That said, there is no "Wow Factor" to note, but the juice has the potential of getting that special attention, "you smell great, what is that fragrance you are wearing?". Given the uniqueness of the fragrance, the versatility may be limited - I would suggest Fall and Winter as opportune times, and perhaps evening wear.

The bottle is truly a piece of art - one of the "coolest" in my collection of nearly 500 (and growing). The packaging is also first class - job well done Jean Paul Gaultier. The true beauty of Kokorico is the price/value. A quick check on-line shows that large bottles are selling for under $30 USD - a "steal of a deal"..

The uniqueness of the fragrance, design of the bottle, and coupled with outstanding deal, Kokorico deserves a shot. The bigger message - it is OK to be different - it is what makes the "world go around". If the longevity and projection/sillage were greater, this would be a first class fragrance. All things considered, I still highly recommend adding to your collection.

Total evaluation of Kokorico is 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Daily I.M - "Try something new, you may like it..."

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

It never fails to amaze me how people fail to take any notice of the concepts surrounding fragrances such as this! EVERYTHING relating to the packaging and the advertising is about being noticed! The guy has huge feather epaulettes for heavens sake! Sometimes a perfumer has to respond to a brief, sometimes the advertising has to be tailored to the perfume and certainly in this case, there should be no surprise as to the perfume if it is anything like the advertising suggests. They fit together perfectly!!

For me, personally, this is the male equivalent of ThierryMugler Womanity; completely polarising, what I term a 'Marmite' fragrance... you either love it or hate it!
Although I don't get along with it myself, I know that this is not meant to sit quietly un-noticed in the corner, rather it is being worn by a big, burly, moustachioed, muscular, hairy man-bear wearing a leather cap and chaps strutting to 'YMCA' With the world watching and saying "Wow!" as he performs(that's just expressive of the un-restrained fun and self-expression and attitude I imagine this fragrance to evoke).

It would be wholly unfair to say anything more about this fragrance in a negative manner as my main position was to defend the brilliant advertising concept against some of the reviews below!
(I'm not a fan of strong fig notes and I'm simply too scared to try it because I respond badly to Womanity. HOWEVER... Like some openly strong and 'robust' fragrances(ThierryMugler Womanity, PacoRabanne 1MillionINTENSE, I can pretty safely imagine that less is more and only a gentle application is needed to unfurl the beauty).

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I, too, agree with all the positive reviews about Kokorico. It does reminds me of L'Instat original, not LIDGE at all, for it is not sweet but dry or even drier than LIDG. They go side by side alomst as a reflected image of each other, right being left and vice-versa, but you can tell you are smelling almost the same thing. But each one has its own twist, and that what makes them different. Also, I get the menthol feeling, specially in the drydown, and then Kokorico is a bit sweeter. I confess that I am not one to detect chocolate notes in a scent. It could almost be in Coromandel, but even so it's because I am forcing myself to smell the chocolate there, too. So, why people who like Lidg would badmouth Kokorico, I really don't know. Guerlain's is classier, nicer, etc... But JPG's is also a nice scent, it must appeal to a different crowd, younger, perhaps. No need for this kind of competition, at all.

Chirn
Chirn

Very good!
It really does not deserve the panning it gets.

Scenturian, I believe the menthol you are picking up is a top-note of Lavender.
It won't simply be some "Lavender" dumped in there, it'll be 1 or two of the aromachems commonly used to produce the effect.

Admittedly, the initial burst can be a bit "wahey" but the rest of it is great.
There's a patchouli effect, of course Cacao, and that fresh lift.
It gets a bit woodier as it progresses, a touch of vetiver but not the stark vetiver of say Encre Noire, or the master blending in TdH.
This Vetiver effect gives a bit of depth and breadth to an Iso E Super type Cedar effect.

Last Well. Projects Well.
Quite versatile depending upon application. Not one for roasting hot summer days though.

Much better than you'd expect, especially after reading through so many negative reviews.
The bottle is a piece of art with its dual view thing going down!

scentedkub
scentedkub

I got this in the mail yesterday after a two week wait. Amazon totally has me spoiled as I'm used to maybe five days at the most when it comes to shipping. Either way, sprayed some on paper and thought, "this isn't harsh...it's not bad...there's the cacao...hmmm..." then I finally sprayed some on my arm. I was indifferent at first, and for some reason the cacao bothered me in connection with the woods. Then I wished the cacao wasn't even in the composition because the woods and green alone were great to me. I was nervous to really try it based on how it smelled then. I mean I dreaded it. LOL I finally sucked it up and showered and put a spray on the neck/chest area and my wrists. It was much much better this time! It must have had something to do with something I already had on, and it gave me a slight queasiness. The cacao and woods blended nicely, but the dry woodiness of the scent is what I really like. The woods really remind me of the woods in Thallium Black, not that they smell alike. Kokorico has nice longevity, about eight hours on me. I haven't really paid attention to sillage, but the spray on my arm was noticeable from about a foot away if not further so in normal application it would probably leave a trail. Great for this time of year, and maybe cooler and less humid nights in spring/summer.

johannbale
johannbale

It's all about cacao! This is the real chocolate's scent in my fragrance wardrobe. from mpov, this could easily on the gourmand's fragrance top 10.

scent 8/10
sillage 8/10
longevity 8/10

overall 80/100

Highly recommended!

Well created and this is one of my favourites.

rolfii
rolfii

love this stuff! 8/10
it's very unique imo, i also tried LIDGE and i like kokorico better ! my ex-girlfriend loved it. so does one friend who smelled it on me, it's his signature scent now.
of course it's not for everybody, it's very bold, a more extreme hate it or love it scent.
do not blindbuy this!

ItsonlyChris
ItsonlyChris

I enjoy this fragrance because of the nice cacao smell you are left with, once everything dies down.

The only downside to this is that, in my opinion, it is a bit too strong to wear indoors if it has been freshly spryed. It will proably annoy the people around you unless they really like the smell.

So yeah, the presentation is nice. The smell is lovely once it dies down but it is too strong. If you are thinking about buying this and you@RE in the UK, look around and check prices because I found the same sized bottle being sold at two different shops with a £10 difference in price.

Also, maybe put this on an hour before you go out to let it settle.

willbear

re-review this took time with me and yes first on its not amazing but after a little time becomes rich lots of bitter chocolate, incense and figs. i love this

Okay...so I've revisited this fragrance and I'm not as repulsed as I once was by it. The fig note in the top is strong and green it also has an earthy soil quality then chocolatey patchouli & cacao.
Unfortunately this is still a Marmite (by that I mean 75% of people will hate it!) fragrance the note combination is so bold you'd really have to experience love at first sniff to get it.
I'm in the minority of people who like Marmite but I'm still not quite convinced about Kokorico. It's a brave fragrance which I have definitely had second thoughts about in a positive way.

bazil14
bazil14

I tried this today and really like this its a breath of fresh air in a industry thats become flooded with one million clones coco and figs open this frag its fairly strong so may not be everyones cup of tea then dries down into a soft cola like smell good longivty and projection and can be found at a quite reasonable price

terreri
terreri

Cacao & Fig completely overpower this fragrance for me, was really disappointed. I mean if this is YOUR scent then you'll get your money's worth as JPG once again delivers a great long lasting, heavy sillage scent but alas for me, it's just too much. I much prefer YSL M7 as an alternative, the two are very similar IMO. Definitely a winter scent, to wear this in the Summer would just be stifling!! Even after a good 2-3 hours on my skin the top notes haven't settled down, A+ for value for money as I said but if you're not a fan of the heavier, muskier fragrances then avoid this one.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I found this perfume to be quite bracing and invigorating, and quite similar to Perles de Lalique, except a little sweeter. I was surprised by it and it lasted a good while on my skin. Would not buy it though as I already have PDL, but thank you to my Fragrantica friend who sent me the sample.

teadot
teadot

Tarred and Feathered ?

You better be ready quick ! The big "money shot" in Kokorico happens in the Opening credits. A sharp, acrid green of distilled fig leaf... poured over a pungent plot of patchouli... Complete with garden soil, (as played by the double-duty cacao). A compelling accord that borders on the grotesque AND the sublime. (Very Annick Menardo). Everything after that, is rather anti-climatic. Simply, charming after-sex banter between gruff patchouli, and alluring cacao (now, the velvety hot chocolate powder variety)... still entwined on a bed of vetiver, and cedar. True, the dynamics of this duo may wear off for some before the scent does. But Kokorico's cacao note alone, continued to drive me "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs", long into it's drydown! (and that's NOT a bad thing ; )

I can see why the much maligned Kokorico wasn't a big hit. Both the Opening, and concept, may be too audacious for the mass-market: A scent that dares to repel as much as it beckons. But the rest of Kokorico proves to be a quirky, huggable, masculine scent. A good alternative for younger cocoa lovers who may find DHI and L'instant, too dressy or mature.

Distinctive, and easily the most fun to wear in my wardrobe.

Longevity:8.5/10(in base)
Projection(Fall temp):7/10(in mid)
Art/Creatives:8/10(bottle,concept,
composition)–A preposterous
surrealist bottle worthy of Dali.
How:Casual,anytime,fall,winter,
date,flirting,signature.

federfigo5
federfigo5

DO NOT blind buy this please. Kokorico has a really controversial opening, very harsh and earthy. After about an hour, it turns out to be just a nice, harmless, sweet cocoa and fig fragrance. I also managed to detect a light patchouli note in the drydown. This isn't a bad fragrance at all, but it's really nothing special. Longevity is about six hours and sillage is pretty average.

AbBlue
AbBlue

Don't judge a book by its cover... well; don't judge a perfume by its opening. I love the smell of fig leaf and I love cocoa as well, should they be together? Maybe not. As soon as you spray Kokorico those two notes start to fight each other for some minutes. In the meanwhile I was thinking, 'oh God, what have I've done', because this was a wild blind buy.
The fight last a few minutes and that's the source of so many dislikes. Wait, here it comes... does one note defeat the other? No, you just have to wait for the vetiver to tell them how to live in peace, it will be worth it. Once there is peace, you can enjoy a very spicy scent, earthy, green, expensive, really good and versatile (in my opinion) this will last for some 6 hours, after that spiciness slowly turns to a sweet chocolate, a little bit closer to the skin. This will last some 6 hours more.
Don't blind buy this one. I really like and enjoy it, but it is not the charismatic guy everybody likes, it's the bold one that says 'this is me, whether you like it or not', only few people will love, not like him.
***
No juzgues a un libro por su cubierta... ni a un perfume por su partida. Me encanta el olor de la hoja de higo y también la cocoa, ¿deben por ello estar juntos? Quizá no. Tan pronto como pulsas el atomizador esas notas comienzan a pelear entre sí por algunos minutos. Mientras tanto yo pensaba, "cielos, ¿qué hice?", pues fue una compra loca a ciegas.
La pelea dura algunos minutos y de ahí vienen las opiniones negativas. Espera, ahí viene... ¿alguna de las notas gana? No, sólo debes esperar a que el vetiver les enseñe cómo vivir en paz, habrá valido la pena. Una vez que firmaron la paz, puedes disfrutar de una fragancia muy especiada, con aristas de tierra, hierba, de un olor costoso, muy buena y versátil (sólo mi opinión). Esto durará unas seis horas y después el picor comenzará a reducir para dar paso a un chocolate más dulce y cada vez más cerca de la piel. Esto durará unas 6 horas más.
No lo compres a ciegas. Si bien lo disfruto mucho, no se trata del chico carismático que a todo mundo cae bien, sino del atrevido que dice 'así soy, ¿algún problema?', sólo a algunos les encantará, no sólo gustará.

murysusanto

Very similar to Baldessarini secret mission, i won't know the difference at first and after few hours also, this is almost identical.

sharmap14
sharmap14

opening is too powdery and unsweetened chocolote like but the drydown is sweet woody with patchouli.. opening not so good but the drydown is way better.
longevity 5-6 hours and sillage is decent too

le peeU
le peeU

Bottle design is beautiful. It is an ode to himself or to his head (JPG) and homage to le male.

Opening is fresh Fig leafs, that I wish would stay a bit longer, acts like cooling mint. Then after 15 minutes or so the change begins. The cacao creeps in with patchouli and is sweet followed up by the woods. From beginning to end it lasted 10 hours.

I describe it as gourmand, gorgeous, and sensual. Good for the upcoming winter and prices are very reasonable since its initial release.

KoKorico is a great winter scent.

I like fig notes and thought i liked cacao? but this one is truly not my cup of tea at all...instantly repulsive! Drys down to bare able woodiness. I'll say this for it it's well presented I like the fact in comes in like a biscuit tin and the bottle is really bizarre too.

Re the review underneath......what constitutes a "gay" smell? Silly cow

aphexacid
aphexacid

Kokorico? How about Patchouli-Rico or Fig-o-Rico.

I get no cacao. Its patchouli and an actually pretty decent fig leaf.

The marketing, bottle and name do not match the actual fragrance at all.

I bought a small bottle for 2 reasons. First, i figured it will probably be discontinued soon. Second, a lot of people seem to think it smells like Pardon by Nasomatto.

It does not smell like Pardon at all.

murysusanto

So much for the memory of roccobarroco "joint", it's very good in the 90's and one of my uncle's favorite. This kokorico is the same, first spray on my arm it immediately directs me to joint.

Yes, it's gonna last and one hell of a male fragrance by JPG

Great stuff...

Vahagn
Vahagn

Consultants often enthusiastically offers to try Kokorico-supposedly quite interesting flavor with hints of chocolate, which opens on the skin of men very beutiful. But somehow smelling chocolate did not inspire me! Flavor was very quiet and strange on the blotter, even to me that I hear the smell (you would not believe) of buckwheat.  On the skin, fragrance opens with grimly green note, even I think I can smell notes of menthol- camphor and sometimes the smell of herbs. After these comes dominating gently creamy chocolate-very quiet, thoughtful. Smoky and scratchy vetiver gives a certain playfulness note. Fragrance is unusual. Lasting power is good, sillage is average. Separate respect bottle and packaging (very original) which makes Kokorico as a interesting gift.

Peegore
Peegore

First tested this with several fragrances on release, my only recollection being it was "OK" and moved on.

Then this weekend saw the 50ml + 100ml gift set in tin for £15 at Wilkinsons on clearance ?!? How could I, as a fragrance magpie, resist!

Fully expecting to give this a squirt, think 'meh' and sell it on via good ol Ebay, I cracked open the tin.

And on first application I thought my expectations were going to be on the money. The first minute or so was a bit of a brash cacophony notes, then this settled to a relatively thick cacao and patchouli 'lump' on the back of my hand. "Oh heck" was my initial reaction "I've only just recently bought L'Instant de Guerlain, and now I've got another cacao!"

But rather than be negative I waited. And I must say it softened and developed into a rather pleasant fragrance. Once the vetiver kicked in after an hour or two the composition became more rounded and acceptable. There was even a hint of tonka ( mentioned by others ) mid way, leaving me for the next several hours quite satisfied.

Overall then, a slightly dark, dry, earthy take on cacao patchouli, with good longevity but despite the explosive beginning a mediocre projection. Can undertsand the love/hate reactions. I like it, but wouldn't have bothered at all if I handn't got it a bargain price.

ericgoesta
ericgoesta

The patchouli is very present, as is some sort of metallic feel. You always smell the bitter dark chocolate but it's not aggressive or in your face, the note stays pretty subtle.

The bottle is beautiful, too, with the smart wink to the Le Male-torso.

georgequeue
georgequeue

The name is funny, indeed.

There's a chicken-roasting restaurant franchise here in Colombia named "KOKORIKO" (K, instead of C, in the last syllable); so, when I first learned there was this fragrance with such a name, I couldn't help laughing.

Anyway, I'd like to give it a try, as I like gourmand perfume.

shahab.zaidi

thanks freddie for such a nice description. I really admire patchouli, as it gives the darkness in aroma. i shall definitely give a try to it.

fuggerone
fuggerone

toned down a bit would have been great, too cloying for me!
Starting with cocoa patchouly, burnt wood in the drydown!

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

@shahab,

this is not sweet at all-more dry and bitter-if that can be apt.to make it short,if you dont like patchouli then simply steer away from this.dont be fooled by the cacao note here as it is bitter.thrown in the mix is earthy vetiver.now that is dark smelling.I love this cos I love all the notes and mystified by the dislikes here.

I am not sure I can be of help with what you looking for.a lot of it will depend on you-testing,blind buying and sampling till you find your holy grail.try youtube reviews and other fora for that.Be prepared for some niche names.lol
hope this helps

shahab.zaidi

Is it sweet, dark smelling? I am interested to buy this. But no idea how does it smell? Want something sweet and dark. Any suggestion?

beavisbonce

This should have been redone before release. It has potential. I sampled in store and went away thinking no, don't buy it. I came back and sampled again. Left it on the shelf. Smelling myself at home something was nagging at me. A week later I caved in. I only use it once a month if that. Nice to keep around when you want strangeness. It's just not.....right

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Kokoriko is a nice smell... It's just too "powdery"? Too sweet! I love sweet smells on a girl but I hate them on a boy. Another problem is that it does not smell any cocoa on me!! Maybe a little chocolatey but definitely not cocoa and it doesn't smell anything like l'instant de guerlain for men! That one is a cocoa smell!

The most dominant note on me is the patchouli. It really doesn't deserve all the hate it is getting here but it doesn't get too much love from me either!

lily-woods
lily-woods

There are 17 votes stating that this reminds them of Neonatura Cocoon by Yves Rocher. But I don't see this mentioned in any of the reviews.

Could this really be a possible replacement for my departed Neonatura Cocoon with is chocolate patchoulli mix?

Sambolini
Sambolini

Bitter cacao mixed with some good ol' sugary sweetness. Definitely not a blind-buy scent but that doesn't mean it smells bad. It's rich and unusual and...nice. I've never heard anyone actually complain about the fragrance and everyone I've asked says that it smells "chocolatey and tasty". It certainly doesn't deserve all the dislikes on here, with some people this scent would be absolute heaven.

Dioguh

My last aquisition, and I'm in love with it. Its a scent for when you need that little boost to go out, to make distintion on the dancefloor. You wear it to impress. Excelent longevity btw =)

Anatolian_Swarthy

i dont like it,and never buy it.
top notes are nice but later.no..!

Na0
Na0

There must be a mistake on the composition. Where's listed the gasoline note ? I swear there's gasoline on it ! RUN, IT'S GONNA BLOW !

Smell : 0 / 5
Versatility : 0 / 5
Longevity : 4 / 5
Projection : 5 / 5

Overall : 9 / 20

darksome
darksome

I had false expectations of this scent. Somehow I imagined Kokorico to be a very cuddly warm scent that embraces you. But that's not the case!

This fragrance is LOUD. It's sharp, intrusive, pushy, very dry and loud. In a very strange and unusual way. The cacao in this scent is very prominent (the best you can get in a drugstore). But for me the cacao is too real, like this wouldn't be a fragrance.

It's like you spilled yourself with a mixture of cacao and alcohol, adding some way too masculine spices (sharp, green, unpleasant type of vetiver). And the fig leaf is the missing weed note for the terrible explosion.

What I don't like is, that this fragrance has an androgynous vibe (in a bad way). It's too masculine of the spices because of the sharp vetiver/fig leaf/cedar notes, but also too feminine because of the edible cacao. I don't know how's this possible.. The fact is, I as a female wouldn't wear it, but I also definetly would not introduce this scent to my boyfriend. And we're both spicy orintal/gourmand lovers.

It's just too much of the good to enjoy it for me.

Amadeus_k
Amadeus_k

perfumes sometimes works as clothing do .. some people fit in and others do not! This product is of the highest quality .. I like it very much .. it smells like warm and sweet on reminding moist soil before the rain..I usually use it during the rainy season,best suited for wet and cold days...few ingredients but still a great scent. 7/10
best regards.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

wow, I was very lucky to find this at Winners amongst a pile of Guess and Yardley fragrances.

Now, this is truly something else. I don't understand all the hate this is getting. To me this is screaming manly and sexy. But I do love my patchouli loud and dirty. I've even learned to love Molinard's patchouli, so nothing scares me anymore. Here I get dry cocoa powder, a spicy vetiver, an up to no good patchouli from Hell, a green fig sap and some delicious dry cedar wood. Oh, my. Is this ever gorgeous.

Definitely reminds me of Molinard Patchouli in the opening, but I find this more wearable than MP.

Strong, harsh, earthy, dirty, spicy... but kind of artsy.... Very sexy! The testosterone version of CL c'est la fete Patchouli, because it is also sweet and I find similarities between them.

one of my boyfriend's favorite and it really works on him.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

It has the cacao as L'instant pour homme au extreme...but compare to L'instant, it less sweet, less mature, less sexy. It doesn't give the magic aura as L'instant did. But I would not say it is bad perfume...just definitely not the same league with L'instant

drakecito
drakecito

One of the best and more originals releases of the last years (in the mass market category).
Sweet cacao with a earthy prominent note (patchouly). So good.
Much better than Le Male...
If you like Ch 212 or Hugo XY, this is not going to like ...
Well done, Mr. Gaultier.

Scent: 7.5/10
Sillage: 6/10

P.D.: Bottle is horrible... but it's true, if you turn around, it's like the bottle of 'Le Male ".

danusianusia
danusianusia

This is an amazing fragrance! Very sexy and masculine (and a woman said it!). It lasts for more than 12 hours on my husband's skin. The bottle is also quite extraordinary! I love it :)

I know this stuff is pretty hated on, but I really enjoy it. I find it earthy and sexy. I love the bitter cacao facet. Uniquely masculine. So much better than Le Male.
That said, as a woman I feel perfectly comfortable wearing Kokorico.. and my boyfriend likes it.
On my skin this is all about milky fig, a green & leafy patchouli and a smoky, haylike vetiver dusted with bitter baking chocolate. Some sweetness, but nothing overtly gourmand.

Camila_1712
Camila_1712

I'm surprised to see that so many people hate this fragrance.

Here in Brazil, "Kokorico" sounds fun and even a little embarrassing (it's a sound of a chicken), but men love to wear this perfume. They say it's very masculine, sexy and strong. Highlighting the most popular men's fragrance in Brazil today is 1 million of Paco Rabanne.

krayonkid
krayonkid

Believe it or not, but I am actually scared to use it. Or rather, too excited? Hehe I feel I won't choose the right moment and spoil the whole thing. So it sits there in it's tin waiting for the right moment...

But sniffing from the tin and bottle as it is alone, I smell earthy yumminess. It hit me immediately; a fig tree after the rains poured down and scented the earth. I am excited to try this, when the time is right. ;D

b360
b360

disappointed w this one big time.....i must spray this on my clothes to get a decent scent because when i spray it on my skin it smells like old pencil shavings....cool bottle but not unique at all if you have smelled any of the cocoa inspired colognes out there....has alot of jpg to it tho......hints of le male thruout.....for me tho very irressistable by givenchy is this smell but better.....3/10

hundci
hundci

L' instant is just pure class, where the cocoa is so well blended with the rest of the notes that it gives you a leather note feeling. Meanwhile kokorico is a darker cocoa note blended very well with the green vibrations of the fig leaf. This is a casual type of fragrance, quite nice on cold winter days,simple and cozy

Senzadite
Senzadite

I think is a great fragrance with nice development and quite sexy...it lasted 8 hrs. on me i find it to be close to L´instant wich i also have but this one is stronger and it has a green vibe(the fig leaf maybe) that works well with the cacao note, wich by the way i dont feel to be cheap or synthetic (i´ve worked with real cacao in the past)

RIYL(recommended if you like)
L´instant Pour Homme,Dior Homme Intense,A Men, Very Irresistible,Animale Animale.

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

Just a note about the bottle that very few people seem to realize: when you turn the face so that it's no longer in profile, the bottle looks the same as the original Le Male bottle. I'm constantly surprised that photographs and discussions never mention this. Of course looking at the bottle as a profile it would be nearly impossible to imagine that the design would work like this.

As for the fragrance, I have to agree it's a rather disappointing liquid. How many more powdery chocolate woody smells can we have without anything new being added to the conversation?

Roge'
Roge'

The bottle lovers are gonna love this one but i got news for you, kokorico is trash. It smells like weak 3 day old coffee. Please don't blind buy this. If you decide to purchase this, it will be a suicide buy. This juice is a complete dumpster fire.

bauhaus.marr
bauhaus.marr

it could be unisex. i am a female and i'd definitely wear it

kostas37
kostas37

one of the SEXIEST fragrances ever made.

themattsky

I have finally bought it and I have to say that It has grown on me! I really love it on my skin!

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

I sincerely Jean Paul Gaultier, has never disappointed (at least not so much), so this perfume its not seen as' failure.Very rich with notes in the Announcement woody and warm gently balanced gourmet fragrance that made me in the beginning reminds the Potion DSQUARED ², almost identical (I tried one on the left and one on the right hand), and very appealing to me, because in general I like sweet perfumes and almost in every I find.There is synthetic mixed with cedar and vetiver, although cocoa extracts thing and gives it a powdery-phase synthetic powdery but it really does not matter to me, somewhat along the lines of the Attitude Extreme Giorgio Armani Armani but not so pronounced synthetic line, ie, there is at all.I like it also, which is not linear, specifically the is not linear to a greater extent, but it gradually opens up all the time, yet distinctive 'notes of the major and unavoidable, but the above-mentioned syntetics.Attractive aura, a decent Sillage are already enough of a reference for this fragrance to be honest, but not too bad. . in my opinion, Gaultier sided 'crowd, even going to make a parallel between the now world-famous course 1 Million and KOKORICO, elem, gave us a character, no doubt appealing and even good-looking perfume bottle with what is such a (gold lever ), and the show must go on.Old fans may be disappointed (read comments below), a new predominantly younger and everyone else will be happy, I will also be ok.Frankly I wore this perfume, now bought, received as a gift, no matter but if we sincerely La Mala was the leader (of course, the first and only JOOP), the sweetnes, fancy catch that is very much FANCY was in his time, but also an extraordinary and still is, and so there could be some real comparisons for the masses, but other put.Same so I think he's by Thierry Mugler, the last representative of a real highend Class Designer (in honor of Dior), thus going back to the very beginning of the text, my Jean Paul Gaultier, never not disappointed!!!

derkargy
derkargy

Sexy smell in an artistic way,I suppose..

divan.badenhorstbotha
divan.badenhorstbotha

Love this! Dirty! Very very dirty! Smells like wet earth after the rain. Don't get the resemblance to l'intant at all. It doesn't have the sweetness of l'instant and is much dryer. Also very unique to me. Will definitely get you noticed.

spoombung
spoombung

I like it a lot. It's a scent with real character. A brief, slightly sweet chocolate and chilli sensation beats a rapid retreat making way for a very masculine patchouli; dry, dusty, savoury, slightly bitter and tempered by vetiver. Green, leafy Fig is at the centre of the fragrance.

Reminds me a little bit of Annick Goutal Mon Parfum Cheri...but not L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme as a few people have mentioned here.

The bottle may not be to everyone's taste but this is a truly superb scent. INCREDIBLY underrated.

Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried it but i dont remember hw is its scent,
i basically wanna emphasize the bottle is comic,foolih..perfume and man faced bottle..i cant understand why this shape?

willbear

i like this....... it takes time the first time you put it on its too strong after a little it worms and becomes like dark spiced chocolate and the bottle is a work or art

guillermostf
guillermostf

it reminds me the drydown of black excess by PR but without the mango fruity note and a little bit of the middle to final notes of Silver scent by Jacques Bogart. JPG bottles are no my kind of bottles...
Longevity: in a paper it longs for about 10 days.

themattsky

I love the bottle. I'm not a HUGE fan of the fragrance but it's a nice one! Much better than the awful Le Male! Still, it's nowhere near as good as Fleur du Male

GothicLace
GothicLace

I tried this today looking for a new scent for the husband and was very surprised when I looked at the notes as some of the strongest notes I was picking up were not actually in it.

I found the opening very weak and a bit watery and was ready to write it off. On a second sniff the scent had evolved to something rich warm and dark. The chocolate was there but I was also getting tobacco and leather. From there the scent has just got better, evolving into a warming masculine sexy smell. It’s a nice sent for those not on the “fresh scent” bandwagon.

nez
nez

Well I do not know why but it reminds me a cheap copy of the heavenly Shiseido's BASALA. I wish I could get my hands on a bottle of this miraculous scent. I was never a fan of Gaultier's scents and Fleur du mal makes me sick.

RAG1987
RAG1987

My signature scent is LIDGE and nothing will ever compare to that. I still decided to buy this despite the hateful reviews on here and on basenotes. I just wanted an extra for my collection. I smell a slight similarity to Lidg edt but in all honesty I cannot see an exact likeness/copy. So unless my nose is failing me on only this scent and no others then I cannot see why all the negativity. Yes a slight resemblance before proper drydown but that's about it. The very people reviewing negatively and saying it's a copy riding on the back of Gueralin would be the very ones to go and buy this should Lidg or Lidge ever be discontinued. I don't ever think I would compensate a loss of my all time favourite Lidge by buying this as it just does not compare IMO but it is a great scent and unique in it's own right. I think people need to start judging fragrances on their own merit's and stop comparing unecessarily, particularly when it's negatively.

There are plenty of other fragrances for men and women that share similar notes and do smell similar but I suppose when there is a large following for one fragrance or another and then another comes out that's shares some likeness then there are always going to be debates etc I suppose I respect the loyalty that people show to certain fragrances/fragrance houses.

However I do actually respect this fragrance and enjoy wearing it. Seems to radiate of my skin pretty well and is long lasting. I do notice that the fig is pretty dominant in this one, that is what singles it in my opinion. I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of JPG to check this out even just for the sake of being different. I like Le male but would never wear it now. I can't be doing with smelling like everyone else. I am 25 and I have always loved my stronger long lasting scents since forever. I have always had a fussy nose and I always have been one to stand out. I think more people need to do the same and step off the aquatic/fresh/generic bandwagon and dare to be different!!! Oh btw I give Kokorico a 9/10 and I actually like the bottle it's quirky!!

bp

Now I can confirm that this perfume is a perfume irreverent and strong, in the style of Jean Paul Gaultier.
The notes contained in this seemingly sweet perfume, are actually notes of vigor and irreverence, which gives this fragrance one very masculine character, or even manly.
Actually, this scent, although different, can capture all the spirit of Gaultier brand.
Is my current signature scent and I am very happy to have him. Again, JPG surprised with the creation of a perfume that is perfect for all levels, from the smell, bottle, tin, advertising, name, etc ...
Finally, another aspect that seems positive is the fact that this perfume probably become more exclusive than Le Male, since until now has been the target of some criticism (even the bottle that is perfect , irreverent and different), which turns out to be not a bad aspect, because this perfume will not be used as a mass phenomenon and common taste, but rather by people who really love this perfume if identicam with him and to see him their brand image.
I give my congratulations to everyone involved in the creation of this masterpiece called Kokorico.
Gaultier 4EVER.

NichoNich
NichoNich

A dancer fragrance with Rises and falls from up to the end note. Kokorico is a wonderland from J.P Gaultier that you can detect beautiful smells on it any time!

in top note it opens with Aromatic green fig leaf and a little soapy then move to cacao dry powder.some sweet smell mixed with green note and some cedar wood!

on basenote you can smell some ashs and dusty fragrance!
It`s a wonderful perfume , It`s a Jean Paul Gaultier !

bwcw81
bwcw81

In short, this thing smells like hot melted dark cocoa with hints of strong black peppercorn. Very very pungent stuff, unique gourmet smell but certainly not for everyone. Great for Winter but not for summer, if you are a big sweater, stay out. Last more than 6 hours on me, very great longevity.
I got to wash it of twice to get a milder scent. Overall, great unique scent but not for everyone.

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

As always, Gaultier surprises everyone.I actually was ansious for try this and went it was released I didn't waist any time on trying it.

At first I couldn't say if my brain was cheating me or if this fragrance was actualy great. And before haters criticise me, I am a big fan of Guerlain's L'instant, such a big fan that L'instant is in my top 1 of male perfumes. But I am also proud of saying that this one is in my top 5.

And for those that say that this perfumes doesn't have chocolate on it, just spray it and leave it in your arm for at least 8 hours and then tel me that doesn't smell like chocolate.

My overall? 8/10

Mosschops
Mosschops

I'm a big fan of Gaultier's range, but this... hmmm, something about it is not quite right. It comes close to being a great, warm, sweet and powerful scent, but then vears off at the last to become something quite clumsy. There's 'something' chemical of out-of-place with one of the basenotes. Sometimes I sit there thinking "this is lovely" but then minutes later think "jeez, what's that?!". It's longetivity and sillage are odd too - coming in-and-out of focus randomly - you can sit there without detecting it for some time and then 'bham!'.

ChanHyuk
ChanHyuk

it doesnt look like a cheap bottle, and the parfume is also not bad. the topnote is just strange, i dont think it fits to the cocoa, but when the topnote is gone, the smell is quite comfy. i blind bought it and it was strange the first time but as time goes by that cocoa sweet becomes more and more masculin i don t really recommend to buy this just buy the jpg le male if you want a jpg this is just strange...

free_ion
free_ion

omg ... I've tested it like twice ... & everytime i get the followin g.....

EACH & EVERY scent on earth is designed to cause a specil kinda' joy, where every scent has its own flavour of joy, each fragrance is actaully a " stimulus" for the nerve endings in your nose - if that culd b said - ...

but this one ... it's simply UNPLEASENT ... it doesn't bring ANY type of joy to me ...

it's DULL, heavy, like an "incubus" sitting on your chest making it hard to breath !!!!!!!!!

i SO not recommend this at all ........

maybe they should release a lighter version of it, i dunno .. to tone-down some base notes & add extra green/citrus/flowers .. i dunno ... IT'S JUST UNPLEASENT PPL !!!

bronstein
bronstein

This one pretends to be more than it actually is. It's neither exclusive, nor refreshing, and by no means sensual. Actually, it reminds me of a particular shower gel from the lower price range. Enough said.

renperd
renperd

I get the similarity with L'Instant, but Kokorico is more interesting with its almost unbearable cacophonic opening of fig leaves (it's claimed), cacao, patchouli and stuff. The top gives me a huge puff's worth of weird powder. After a good while the cedar and vetiver come to the rescue and freshen the whole thing up with a pleasant sharp bite, cutting through all that powder and dissonance. If it delivers on projection and longevity I'd give it a 4/5, regardless of the unappealing packaging.

Amoroso
Amoroso

Daring scent ..... Just give it a chance and you will start to love it....

jamie81
jamie81

Two words: New Haarlem.

scenturian
scenturian

Initial apply is menthol(maybe fig leaf) and powder with some woody notes, then reminds L'Instant de Guerlain PH but only for a while, then continues with the menthol and powdery pattern, don't let it/people fool you that it is similar or alternative to L'Instant de Guerlain PH, absolutely different than it and has its own way, somehow has powdery minty similarities with Le Male.
The name and bottle are weird and childish however the scent itself is not that bad.
The projection and longevity are good also.

powerelixir
powerelixir

sorry guys (and jean paul), but THIS... I´m almost out of words. Unfortunately one of the scents which do cause me a headache instantly. But i have to say at least it seperates a bit from the common stuff, but still not my choice ...

everlast31
everlast31

what do u expect from a fragrance called Kokorico...

walstar10
walstar10

Wow! this scent is powerful spicy, warm,sexy,last forever awsome on my skin.i think this was made for people with personality.

i give 8.5/10

blueberry
blueberry

Kokorico has received a handful of downright scorn, hate and condemnation - totally unjustified, in my view. Having tested it three times on my skin, I got reaffirmed each time this was precisely my cup of tea and decided to go for a full bottle.
I do understand it cannot be compared to Guerlain's masterpiece - L'Instant Extreme, however, if you take into consideration the simplicity of the notes and the idea behind the fragrance, and if you like cocoa and patchouli to the extent I do, you should not be disappointed.

Kokorico is as simple as that - a nice, warm, mellow sweetish mixture of cocoa and patch and that is what constitutes its essence. It is enveloping like a soft blanket, relaxing and having this strange effect on me - I cannot stop salivating when sniffing it from my wrists. Wow, a truly yummy chocolaty patchouli!

I get a bit of vetiver and some cedar in the background as well, but Kokorico boils down to the two main ingredients on my skin, they play first fiddle, and if there is some fig leaf, I must be anosmic to it but that is not a problem since the effect is just great and so captivating. All in all, Kokorico has already become my comfort scent.

Longevity: superb, the scent lingers on skin even after washing it off.
Sillage: rather low on me, a comfort zone fragrance
Category: UNISEX hands down!
Recommended use: all year round except for hot summer days, rather casual.

JPG, with every scent I try, you win my heart more and more ...

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

Kokorico...please DONT buy this guided by those who push it so high to compare it with L'instant Extreme!!!
it has nothing in common there is no coco just Fig and too much going on on the top not mixing together is like you had sprayed more than one frag but not suitable one to the other. L'istant Extreme is a piece of art, i have it and i enjoy it like nothing else, i got a sample of kokorico and waste it all trying to make it grow on me but nothing happened.
just pass it.n
ever would buy it

nonsisa
nonsisa

Two words: Rats testicles!

At least thats how I would imagine how they smell.

Update: Its not that long out there and it has already been reformulated. The newer version is much more toned down in its woody/amber combo, which makes the scent less aggressive.

waine
waine

The bottle is a nice eye catcher -- A bald man with a nozzle sticking out of his pate, hmm, nice! But the negative reviews here have put me off even testing it.

ian85
ian85

I like this one very much and I think in a few time many people vill understand it. I remember it was the same reaction with Le Mâle more than 15 years ago.
I respect opinions and tastes, but people who smell potatoes in it should better change their nose...Even if this fragrance is a little bit earthy...
Tout ce qui est excessif n'a pas d'importance.
8 / 10

farsi3003
farsi3003

JPG discovered the wheel in 2011 but it has been discovered long before...the scent is common, colorless. Kokorico is the living proof that JPG needs inspiration or they need to change their "nose" agents that are used to copy not to invent. In my point of view less is more, they should stick to their big success "Le male" because they can't surpass it.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

oh boy! Cacao done wrong, opening is yuck yuck
SMELLS LIKE POTATOES

L'INSTANT is CACAO done right.

it is just not a good scent

Jomoves
Jomoves

Tried this on my way home from work tonight. It starts off smelling a bit like Largerfeld's Photo, then it dries down to a leather/rubber scent before moving down a notch to smell like rosemary and frankincense. Then it quietly fades to practically nothing. All this happens within a couple of hours.

C'mon Jean Paul, you gotta be kidding!

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

Tested this today at Debenhams in London. OMG...this stuff is gruesome! I was hoping the cacao and patchouli would be great but I was dying to get back home and wash it off me asap! I hope the genius who decided to put fig leaf as the opening note was sacked!! What a s**t idea! It dominates and annoys you so severely that by the time the cacao seeps in, you've given up in disgust! And £55 for 100ml is no way justifiable for the way it smells. Off my "to buy" list.....right now!

For some aspects Kokorico, together with Dsquared Potion and Victor&Rolf Spicebomb, is surely among the most interesting designer fragrances of the last five years or so but, at the same time, it is neither innovative nor groundbreaking and, most of all, while being surely nice, it's anything but fantastic. In fact, it just takes several ideas already develpoed by other brands, and put them together.

Take the gourmandic cocoa note of L'Instant and add to it a slight green leafy fig undertone, pair it with the youthful vibe of many of the latest Givenchy deliveries and enrich it with a dollop of Angel/A*Men and you'll have Kokorico's top and heart. For the base, you have to move to Rochas and, more precisely, to Lui. A masculine cedarwood / Iso E Super overload that while resulting somewhat appealing, it is still nowhere close being novel.

That being said, if you're into current/modern designer, Kokorico is definitely worth checking out.

juaguz
juaguz

Debo confezar que no es para cualquier persona, ni para cualquier clima, pero a mi me parece una fragancia completamente distina a otras que haya olido , tiene la mezcla perfecta de cacao y patchuli, muy recomendado.

Dioguh

Omg, I'm so into this fragrance :D It s really good on my skin! Love it, I'll buy it asap :P

Dioguh

I guess this is fabulous! You need to try it on your skin, let it rest, and then, you can smell it. Its great to wear at night, its long lasting and very yummy =P

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

for me an horrible and undefinable scent!

Zenith
Zenith

Such a good idea for a fragrance! Dry unsweetened and woody cocoa had me imagining dark bitter chocolate on a relaxing night in. In practice though, it comes off a little bit unbalanced.

The cocoa smells synthetic and very strong, dominating the other notes, and unfortunately not being particularly pleasant. Longevity is crazy

This fragrance with higher quality materials and more of a balanced pyramid I think I would really like. Kudos for JPG to try something a bit more out there, but this is not for me.

ABRAG
ABRAG

I do not know whether it is the smell of chocolate

Is the smell of a new unfamiliar light is not strong formal

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

"Kokorico" is all about cocoa powder on my skin. A very linear fragrance with hints... junt hints... of some woody notes that help to balance the fragrance. I can't feel any fig leaf, but maybe it's there, completely muted by the cocoa powder.
I also expected the bottle to be more interesting, but it's kinda dull.

"Kokorico" is not groundbreaking as "Le Male" was when it was released, but it's a nice gourmand fragrance that it's not very different from many other gourmand fragrances out there.
Longevity and sillage are okay with me... around 6-7 hours... but they never scream "Honey, I'm home" as "Le Male" does.

This is one of those perfumes that force you to do Michael Jackson’s MOON WALK instantly as soon as you sniff the test strip! Honestly my head bounced back as a Self-protection reaction.
I think if you want to punch someone desperately, and yet you don’t want to bear legal consequences, the best way is, to spray yourself with Kokorico and give that person a nice hug!

biovi
biovi

Ya, it really has something of 80's.
When it starts it kicks and from beginning it screams "Hey everybody I'm here, please notice me", and it screams and screams few hours in the same note ufortunately. I do not like it. After 8 hours it begins to be bearable and even nice. Sweet, manly base is quite interesting. But it's too late.

Fragrance: 2/10
Longevity: 10/10 extreme
Bottle: 1/10 i do not like this corny type of bottles

MrMookie
MrMookie

Gaultiers Kokorico is super creative and let me tell you why :

This is an ODE to 80's GLAM!! The bottle and font used is great! well designed!!

For the first time since years i smelled a designer fragrance (this one) which is not that good (understatement)in the openening and dries down better as the old powerhouse scents did in the 80's !!

Let me explain : every scent nowadays must be good from the first whiff... no waiting for the juice to kick in.. when a person wants a new scent he must be attracted at once..

Not this, im really curious on this one, as it doesnt follow the masses and goed his own way..
Drydown is superb against its opening...

Its created by Cresp (muglers angel) and Mennardo (Bvlgari Black,jaipur,Lolita Lempicka)together
two people who love the deepest with odd materials

The opening yucks me out i smell :
Cheap cacao in a saturated wet decaying musty basement floor... (ok can you follow me??)
I almost wanted to write that this is a decaying zombie decendant of Thierry Muglers A-men ...

As if this scent is a joke from the team from gaultier, like "hahaha we fooled ya didnt we!!"
ok wait for it it gets better...after 20-30 minutes it evolves into an great warm excentric sulty scent!!! truly amazing like the beauty and the beast..
This kicks againt all mainstream fragrances.

I bow deeply for the team who made Kokorico they HAD BALLS to bring this out in these times..

Wise-222
Wise-222

IT IS THE WORST FRAGRANCE I HAVE SMELLED,NOTHING NEW
IN THIS ONE AND I WAS THINKING THAT IT WILL BE SOMTHING BETTER THAN THE MASTERPIECE WHICH IS
''LE MALE''BUT,UNFORTUNATELY NOTHING WILL BE LIKE
''LA MALE''.

Gault
Gault

Boring and interesting frag at the same time, you can smell the conformity in it as it moves on a popular way but its plucky and even a little bit antisocial. It tries to be in the center of attention, it is loud, it is hilarious and the same time ridiculous.
The rooster-like cloth in the commercial is just pure win.

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

Perhaps a bit young for me but I don't care. I'll wear this on weekends when I'm cruising with the top down or riding my Harley. I wanted something I could alternate with Play Intense when I'm in one of my "badboy" moods and this should do just fine. Nightclubbing and live outdoor concerts will be fantastic venues for this. Sprayed some on in the early evening and could easily smell this the next morning. The dark cocoa is more of a bittersweet smell and not the sweet yum yum chocolate of Play Intense. All in all and good purchase for me and my modest collection.

armaniboy

@gabriel.acosta i came to realize that only the opening is similar to L'instant and only slightly.L'instant is far more elegant(deep cacao) smooth and sexy, whereas kokorico(prominent fig leaves) takes another road and becomes dirtier-more metallic and dare i say a little "crazy" smelling(just like the model's dance in the ad). I would say that L'instant is inimitable-original mature and confident. kokorico is a messy-yet enjoyable and OUT LOUD fragrance.Cheers :)

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

So it is a copy of L'Instant by Guerlain? tell me the truth, I would ask for my birthday but I'm confused.

ION
ION

How far can one go in order to be different?
"Kokorico" is more an experiment than it is a perfume.
As a smell.. well, any perfumer with a common sense would find it more descriptive than wearable [honestly the unpleasant top and middle notes are there only to support the very unusual heavy base (which BTW for anyone who plays with aromachemicals isn't unusual at all), a base that lacks the formidable French finesse we all know and admire].
Of course it isn't "Le Male", sadly, but the bottle and packaging are well thought out and well executed!
It will be interesting to see how well it does and if it manages to set a trade given the fact the pubblicity is enormous but, personally, I can't like it.
"Kokorico" is a characteristic example of "better be different than good" in a world where "better be different and better" is the quality in demand (don't ask me why..).
Lastly, the name is fabulous but "Film Noir" would be more to the point. :-)

Fehdandoo Del Enzioo
Fehdandoo Del Enzioo

I got as a present, the bottle looks amazing, JPG has the best presentation.. it smelled "Expensive" and "Yummy" i think thats cuz i got a sweettooth .. so far so good .. ill update you on the compliments ill be getting soon ;p

NOTE: It reminds me of Givenchy's "very irresistible" .. but it smells far more better cuz its less intesnse and doesnt make you choke ..

hellel
hellel

Kokorico in Greek means exactly the rooster’s cry (and with "k" pls), as well as "mad" (in slug). As for the fragance, its really a great one. Apart from the very unusual top who reminds me fig leaves mixed with daisy's , the drydown is splendid! And the longevity was above average. Well done Jean-Paul (at last!!!)

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Yep! this is a close scent to guerlain l'instant with fig leaf .
I dont know how the smell of fig leaf , but i feel a green vibe mixed with the warm cocoa.
Base reminded me of thierry mugler angel man , the delicious dry down.
Not bad , i only tested it on paper , will test on my skin and write again.
Best for fall and winter.
One of the most ugly bottle i have ever seen.

EDIT :
After testing it on my skin i would say , forget what i've said :D.
This open a little like l'instant in a heavier way and with synthetic ingredients and a strange smell !! like old wool clothing , actually a terrible smell, i washed my hands and my neck because i couldn't stand it !

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

I´ve never been mainstream in my upbringing, neither have been my taste for fragrances, where people used to flock, I usually run away instead, dont know if its instinctional or something but so has been my take on fragrances, while everybody was running after acqua di gio I loathed it, while everyone thinks Le Male from JPG is one of the best fragrnces ever, I wouldnt put it in my top 20 of all time to say the least. So when I tried this one after 5 months of non stop curiosity I was very strict, I tried this once and boy did I love it, I tried it the second time to be very sure about exactly what my mind was already thinking. This does indeed follow L´Instant edps footsteps, and it being my signature scent I had to make sure it was goddamn worth that honour. After spraying it, I waited 5 mins to sniff on my wrist and..... this was reeeaallyy smmooth, this is easy going till one thing keeps peeping out of the similar Guerlain L Instant edp cocoa mix, I believe its the figleaf. Damn, I had no idea how only one note can change something so much, this fig leaf is present from start to end, its f**kin owesome, one might think its somethin U´d smelt before but there´s a stinging aching feeling in your mind tellin U, "hey come one" dont be silly, I´m unique" and this definatley is, I would surely buy this and guerlain if I had the bucks, they arent that similar as one would think. The silage and longevity are all above average. This is very pleasant guys, very pleasant, as much as am not givin away my L´Instant edp this is definatley gonna be its sidekick whenever I get my hands on it. Would have been the best blind buy of life if I had bought it, like I wanted to do 2 months ago. This is for me the BEST JPG ever, forget le male.

Edit: Third and final test, this time from the first minute, I get something green and dynamic/lively as if there was some minty/chocolate/tobacco thing in it, the best way to describe it is that its opening is similar to Very Irresistable Givenchy for men, then the cocoa and fig leaf kick in instantly. I can only recommend it, silage wasnt that much this time, but the longevity was above average. Overall a very good fragrance.

TankGirl

Koko means nothing! Cócó means poo in portuguese so in Brazil :p This fragrance is lovely and the advert is awesome!

ravjan
ravjan

As much as it is original and not mainstream I couldn't stand it on my skin for one minute! Totally off-putting! Some kind of cold, synthetic cocoa scent. The bottle and the box are just tacky. An absolute no-no!

GreenMan
GreenMan

Very nice cocoa frag. I would buy it if the bottle wasn´t so horrible. I mean, c´mon, anything would have have been better than this! :)
This is the only JPG fragrance I like. Le Male is the worst shit ever made. Makes me wanna throw up everytime I smell it.

yazounet
yazounet

I bought this Kokorico when it was first released in France in November. I bought it without smelling.Because I used to use Gaultier2 and was very happy with it. When I first smelled it, I thought it was very masculine unlike other Gaultier fragrances. But after 2-3 days I understood it was a very commercial fragrance. By this I mean, this fragrance wanted to use the glory of Rochas MAN , Black XS and 1 Million. If you mix those 3 fragrances together, you will obtain Kokorico. So there is nothing new. I still use it but when finished I don't think I will buy again as I want to be different from others by my perfume.

emma_llew
emma_llew

The cacao hits you as soon as you spray it; very velvety and dark. Then comes the smell of earth/dirt, which until now I have never been able to imagine in a cologne, but that is exactly what it smells like. Later, the scents of the forest come through and it is very woody.
LOVE the bottle design. It is a work of art.
Very masculine smell and very surprising.

uthman.ahmed
uthman.ahmed

It was between Kokorico A*men and L'instant extreme that my mind was perplexed...My problem is I love chocolate therefore after trying all three and all were fantastic fragrances and all just as good in longevity I had to make a decision!!
Part of my decision was the bottle but another important fact was also that it was not as sweet as A*men,which is wonderful but with a beautiful and a slightly sweeter aroma from the caramel..
So it was the spice that won it for me..but the spice in which of the other two???

Grottola

Yeah, Kokorico is a lot like L'Instant Pour Homme.

The top notes are a dead ringer for L'Instant - the drydown is similar as well, albeit a bit greener with a buttery fig note. I actually prefer this to L'Instant. Kokorico isn't the most original fragrance, but it's nice that Annick Menardo was able to take a smell that's already out there and make it more interesting. She's still got it.

bp

Finally I was able to smell and see a Kokorico.
First of all, the bottle is simply magnificent, spectacular, unique, iconic, majestic, PERFECT.
The box where the bottle is packaged, is also extremely well thought out and is very cool.
As for the smell, I can say that this perfume on my skin is absolutely beautiful. I love the essence of cocoa mixed with fig leaves.
After 17 hours I have put this perfume on my arm, I could still smell him with some intensity.
The evolution of perfume is excellent.
Again, Jean Paul Gaultier does not disappoint.
He can be proud of this great perfume designed by two of the greatest masters of the world perfumery.
I also love all the marketing behind the perfume. As I like to have fun outings in the evenings, this perfume has to do with my style.
It could not be happier. I love all the products of J. P. Gaultier, and this Kokorico is no exception.
I hope to have it soon.

Thanks J. P. Gaulier, with you the world of perfumes has become something better, more original, and not afraid to take chances.

danielmventer
danielmventer

Nothing unique about this fragrance.

Why the house of JPG only released it near the end of winter is another mystery? This is so not a spring fragrance.

Anyway, If you like overly sweet fragrances then this is for you, but it just smells like every second winter fragrance on the mainstream pop market.

Hence the fact that there are so many people stating that it reminds them of this and that fragrance.

passionata20
passionata20

I would never wear a man´s perfume except this one maybe and "Boss nr1". This is very delicious dark chocolate fragrance that does not has that typical very masculine note, that almost every other perfume has. If i would have a boyfriend i would ask him to wear this one, so i could sniff him all the time, that much i like it. It actually drives me a bit crazy, so it can be indeed like an afrodisiac for me. Very "thick" layer of cacao, mixed with fig and patchouli, this is wht reminds me of an "Angel: the taste of fragrance" by Thierry Mugler ( and only this particular version, not the original Angel)

spiderman999
spiderman999

Awful...I think,it is a big mistake to compare with Guerlain L'instant extreme,there are very big differences between them...my note:2/10

marioslg3
marioslg3

This reveiw has been written and deleted on the same day. For a reason, I didnt detect any cacao when I smelled this....and looked closer to black XS than to L'instand for me. Oliver Cresp is the nose who signed also black XS pour homme. After the first application on the skin, I realized that this is a huge cacao smell...but not sweet like L'instand. A lot of the reviews says that this smell is not natural etc etc but I saw that the perfume is ok, artificial or not, is ok for me and not so common. The ingredients pop up easily, the fig, the cacao, the patchouli and I have to say that this is the most masculine creation of JPG. For me, for my taste, it is a nice perfume....and something that you don't smell every day....I have been misleaded by the bad reviews in the internet but the perfume is something personal. I have over 150 bottles and I would like to say that this is a perfume that lasts, good sillage and something that smells better when you are afar than very close to the person who wears it. According to studies, women love the smell of wood and chocolate so indeed this perfume should be aphrodisiac. I dont see me buying this one but I accept that someone may like it a lot. I prefer the previous creations of JPG and it was time for something different. The only similarities with the previous jpg is the sweetness.

Rankn504
Rankn504

I finally smelled this and too me it's smells like Kenneth Cole RSVP. Maybe it's jus me but that's what I get

partan.iran
partan.iran

ببینید توصیف این بو سخته یه کم . میتونم بگم اگر دنبال یه بوی عجیب هستید این یکی از بهترین کارهاست . یک بوی فوق العاده کاکائویی داره که خیلی زیبا طراحی شده...
خلاصه میشه گفت به نظرم تو اون کلاس بو قرار داره
بوی جدیدی داره ، به نظرم اگر این عطر ماندگاری ضعیفی نداشت میتونست یک قدم جدید و ابتکاری در دنیای عطرها باشه اون قدر که بوش جالبه
خیلی س ک س ی هست.کناره های بطری رو از بالا نگاه کنید تا به اوج هوشمندانه بودن طراحی اون پی ببرین! :دی.
حتما چندین بار تستش کنین و ببینین از ملایم بودن و پخش بوش راضی هستین یا نه.

sreluah

I am in love with Kokorico! many say it is like L'instant and yes it has coco like it but un like L'instant Kokorico has a more woody, musk scent, where as l'instant has a powery under tone. I like them both very much but would not consider them identical. I see Kokorico as the working tough city twin to L'instant the wall street Classy business brother. You would like to go out with each but to different parties.

mshilov
mshilov

I like the image, the bottle, the packaging - they are superb. But there is no idea behind all this beautiful decoration - just a slightly modified version of L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme pour Homme. The perfume doesn't sound originally, it always reminds of this precessor, so wearing it is a little bit confusing. And it's not sexy as you can expect from Gaultier fragrances, but just nice, calm and even a little bit boring. I like the bottle on the shelf, but I wish it was a "juice with a twist" inside, JPG twist. Instead of this we have just a "normal" men's perfume which, being almost a copy of Guerlain's masterpiece, lacks refinement and lasting power of L'Instant pour Homme...

williamvargas
williamvargas

got a sample of this, wonderful fragrance, i like almost all of annick menardo's fragrances..but this does smell very similar to guerlain Linstant' which i already have the extreme version..which is one of my all time favorites. so no purchase for me. i would recommend it. the bottle is a little much for me. will probably end up being a collectors item.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I think the bottle is JPG's own head, rather odd, but it does look a bit like my husband!!!
I HAD to try this, even though it's male as the wonderful Annick Menardo worked on it. Its odd that between two people who have created ground breaking, warm and seductive scents they have turned this out. I hate to say but it smells a bit cheap. Therefore it may not have been a bad composition to begin with, it's probably to do with accountants again! Stick to 'Le Male' or Bvlgari Black for a good fix.
All in all a 'Kocorico!!(Rooster)....without the balls

antonpan
antonpan

This one doesn't really remind of Attitude/B*Men, because Kokorico has notably less amount of patchouli. However it is almost a full copy of Guerlain L'instant Pour Homme Extreme. Kokorico is more powdery from the start and becomes fresher in the dry down. To me the new JPG is more wearable than L'Instant. The problem is that it has zero sillage and awful, AWFUL longevity. Sorry, Jean Paul...

The bottle and especially the outer package are cool.

pure_dreamer
pure_dreamer

i have honestly never wanted to wash something off my wrist after sampling and i am the most fussy person when it come to fragrances

I cant believe Annick Menardo made this its awful!!!!!

honestly smells like coco powder and fountain pen ink!!! Does that sound good to u?? people will actually be offended when u wear this!

sooooo disappointed because i love her stuff and i love JPG

Dont buy it for the brand and the bottle its a piece of shit!

Although i love armani attitude like this fragrance they both made it together, I blame Olivier Cresp for this bad notes lol

But i guess its all about what Jean Paul Gaultier wants in his fragrances...

If the juice was amazing inside they would sell millions simply because of the brand, the awesome bottle and concept..... Disappointed :(

MightyJinjo
MightyJinjo

Been waiting for this fragrance to come out for ages. Very Disapointed with it. It smells the same as Givenchy Very Irresistable with the Cacao smell. Hardly a fragrance that's got stand out much from the crowd. Didn't last more than 2 hours on my skin. Where as Gaultier Le Male and Gaultier 2 last 6+ hours.

sreluah

Waited to get this. At first spray i was pushed back with how strong the patchouli and fig leaf almost a musky hit. but after it warmed up on my skin it got soft and powdery coco scent. it was not gourmand or sweet but light and fresh. I also get the a bit of a lavander hint or it might be the combination of notes. I like it. the projection is not big on me, it is very close to the skin which I like. I hate my cologne to arrive before me. With a warm sweater and a smile it is fantastic. the dry down drove my partner wild especially since I used a bit below the belt and mixed with that warmth, need I say more. I love it. I have seen many talk about L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme put since I have not tried that I can not comment. The bottle is SO JPG, I expect nothing other from him. And as for the name it is a play on the cock as well as the rich scent of coco. hence koko'rico which translated loosely means rich coco. or referencing the sound a cock would make in the AM. I get it Mr. JPG I get it and love it.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I seen that Boots had this today and I rushed to smelll as JPG is one of my favourite fragrance houses. And to my horror I was appalled at how generic and non-JPG this fragrance was.

If I had tested this with my eyes closed I would have sworn this was something threw together by maybe Lacoste or Hugo Boss.

It's generic, boring and I don't get that fanatasic cacoa that is listed.

This smells like a cross between Lacoste challenge and sprayed over amen.

SO DISAPPOINTED MR GAULTIER! :(

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An invigorating cocoa scent which is lovely and lasts quite well, but it is mostly a clone of another scent..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-4 hours -.1.5 foot projection, sometimes intermittent. Invigorating cocoa scent which seems to have removed any heaviness from cocoa to leave a cocoa scent which is refreshing and lovely. However, this is scent is a doppleganger of another scent - L'Instant Gueralin EXTREME Pour Homme - I would say 95% the same as, once Gueralin settles down. The 5% difference is that there is a little blandness at times with this scent. Surely if you are to copy another scent, you copy most and add a slight change to cover your tracks?

4- 7 hours- 6 inch projection. Same smell, linear. A very, very small amount of soapiness shows it head every now and then

7-9 hours. Close to skin, Drydown does see a move away from L'instant Gueralin Extreme, and a mid-mature manly twist is added..

Lasts for days on clothes and the longer it goes, the less it smells like Guerlain

You can get smaller bottles with this than Gueralin which is useful to know, as I would think most would be either one or the other. A 50ml bottle of this is more affordable than Guerlain, however I prefer Gueralin as it has a slightly better scent and a different opening which adds to the experience

Very Good

SensualistGeek
SensualistGeek

I don't really know how I feel about this one... it's been on my arm for about an hour - just tested it. It's 50% annoying, 50% intriguing. I love Annick Menardo more than any other perfumer, so I was looking forward to this. It's actually quite reminiscent of the previous Menardo & Cresp collaboration, Armani Attitude. Just bigger. And massively so. All the elements are there: the fig, the cacao, the patchouli. This is no small scent; it's as cocky as its name suggests. Definitely try it first. I'll have to again before deciding how I truly feel about it.

batabidd
batabidd

It opens slightly green, acrid and dry. I expected something fresher though!
Then cocoa, cocoa and more cocoa but not in a gourmand way as it melts with warm, dry woods (ambrox perhaps?) creating a bitter dry cocoa scent with green notes in the background that definitively is not fig leaf accord. Perhaps, the vetiver becomes more apparent...But there's also something sweet and creamy, quiet at the start that gets louder as the perfume progresses.

"Kokorico" is linear and only changes slightly after 20mt after apply, where an anise-like iris (and maybe lavender?) shows presence. To my nose is a very similar floral note as "Paul Smith Man"; soft, spicy iris note minimized to the maximum.

When the drydown arrives, you still waiting for the "Ba Ba Boom" aspect in it, but sadly, everything is pretty much gone.
That is it. End of the story.
The remains: cheap and synthetic cocoa with vague patchouli and wood accords.
At this point it smells cheap, so much that loses any quality.Disappointing.

It lacks projection to be noticiable enough and the fragrance longevity is just a joke: 2 hours and it's completely gone. Dissapear. Caput!
It doesn't have a great personality as it has many similarities with some other perfumes as "B*Men", "L'istant Guerlain" or "Very Irresistible Men" so don't you expect nothing new under the sun.

Labaloo
Labaloo

Ah! Interesting. Fig leaf, patchouli, cedar and vetiver (does anyone else sense hints of lavender and tonka as well?) has the effect of "sueding" the bitter cocoa with dryness. There is also a flower- very subtle- not mentioned in the notes: gardenia, perhaps? It sympathizes with the tonka forming a hint of sweetness. The overall effect is like a fantastic leather made of dark chocolate. Absolutely it is influenced by its gourmand predecessors, yet it is unique in its own right- can't beat the bottle!

stephan
stephan

Top notes are funny, dry down is better. Not a bad fragrance, but a weak one. Something similar and stronger does exist: Montale Greyland.

armaniboy

I finally received a sample from a good friend of mine in France. Yes it shares similarities with L'instant and VI givenchy. Nice, fresh,fig leaves+cacao opening.Pretty linear-smells slightly like paint and magazine pages. LOL. I prefer my perfumes strong and incense-y. I am not buying it. i ll get me something else for the holidays.

milkyway
milkyway

I have such dubious impression from this one..when I tried it the other day the first thing I smelled was spicy-herby cocoa..as the juice settled down it turned into cloying chocolate smell..it was not entirely unpleasant but definitely too sweet for me..I'm guessing it works differently with a man's body chemistry and doesn't turn as cloyingly sweet..
the bottle is awesome, and in this particular case it represents the juice quite well. It must appeal to a certain kind of man..looking forward to smelling it on a man..

alexiej
alexiej

the project speak very Gaultier! The bottle is a bit cryptic (police did smt very similar then)

I think it won't have the same success of Le Male, but this fragrance fits me much more!

brs
brs

reminds me b*men

Grottola

Anup found it on Beauty Encounter. According to him (I'm friends with him in real life), it's good stuff. Apparently the closest thing to it is Very Irresistable for Men by Givenchy, although Kokorico is leagues better. Also, it's apparently like a greener, less sweet version of cK One Shock for Him. I can't wait to try it.

Anup
Anup

A fantastic and refreshing release from a house that i believe is aware of their"over-played" factor. Gaultier is a smart man, with a good sense of humor.
The bottle instead of being tailored to the liken of a males torso, is instead shaped to the silhouette of Jean Pauls own cranium. "Coco"(rico) glides through the entire fragrance, dry and acrid, complimented by an ever so sweet cedar accord upon dry-down. Also upon drying the vetiver becomes apparent making everything about the scent green tinted. I don't know what fig leaves smell like, but, there is a mealy and slightly glucose-y creamed rice accord. This accord is quiet at the start and becomes louder as the perfume progresses though it's life on the skin.

A fantastic release
Smell: 9
Longevity: 10
Sillage: 10

b0n3z
b0n3z

This opens like L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme, but winds up smelling exactly like Just Different from Hugo Boss. Very disappointed. I already own and love Just Different.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

This bottle is simply fabulous, cant wait until we see a female version of this on the market. Simly for the bottle alone I'll scoop one up! A Collector's 'must have'

lalelu
lalelu

This one is a big patchoulie bomb ! for all those who think this is going to be a sweat fragrance..its not the case people, 0 sweetnes in this one. it actually smells good but only lasts 2 hours on my skin, projection is week to :( .. i guess you could pull this off on warm days because its not to heavy.
Also the opening reminds me of Givenchy very irresistible, but with out the sweetnes.

giorgio_
giorgio_

Opens with a fresh note of fig leaf. Then warms up, heralding the sweet note of cocoa. Cedar and vetiver root complete the fragrance’s woody dimension.

Picollo30
Picollo30

Cocoricó is the equivalent to the english Cook a Doodle Doo, when the chicken awakes early in the morning.Strange name for a fragrance indeed

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

While I like chocolate in fragrance, I was nevertheless quite surprised that Gaultier jumped on the "cocoa wagon" quite this late. Still, as I luv the note in a blend (& on my skin), I'm not exactly complaining. And besides it's not so much the ingredients used but the way the perfumer artistically manipulates them that matters, not so !?
I was expecting the choc' to be a top note, (& while it's certainly there throughout the blend it's more in the background), I was surprised that it was actually most prominent at the drydown. A quiet dusting of dark cocoa powder is what's basically left on the skin towards the end and last to leave. This is most definitely not the sweet "bombe au chocolat" I had been expecting. It's in fact much lighter and "greener" overall.
The real surprise however was the intensity of the musk right up front & first, with it's somewhat "animalic" opening. (It's unusual for musk to make it's presence quite so early on, usually reserving itself for a "dénouement"). A gorgeous Patchouli note is also immediately apparent from the beginning. Soon joined by the Fig Leaf & Cocoa accord. The scent certainly announces it's here, ready & willing for attention.
It then progresses more virile & masculine, becoming increasingly woodier in the heart with it's blend of a "papyrus-sy" like Vetiver & prominent Cedarwood. (The Cedar is a touch loud here. And the gorgeous Patchouli note is somewhat "greener" than usual. Probably due to said "Fig Leaf", I imagine ?) ~ There is also a "DiorHomme-esque" type Iris note (albeit much lighter !) to soften and round out all the edges a touch. ( Iris & Choc play ever so well together ! )
- And they haven't mentioned Licorice in the notes list, but I'm pretty sure I can smell some in the mix !?
(Once here the scent becomes somewhat reminiscent of a frag I already know, however I can't quite place my finger on which exactly ???)
Oddly enough by the time you get to the drydown, most of the musk is already and unusually pretty much gone. Leaving, as I said before, mostly just a veil of cocoa powder behind, with a vague woodsy/ambery facet. - (At least on my skin.)
All in all, it's not as amazing as I had hoped for. But it's certainly a nice enough masculine composition that I'm pretty sure will find many fans. (Especially amongst those who found "Le Male" far too loud and strong.)
And as for the bottle, I think it's fantasticly designed. (Gaultier showing off his roman nose & butt in one fell swoop.) ~ That's cool !

~ Projection is great at first but then dies down to more intimate level halfway. ( Which is actually a good thing IMO )
~ The tenacity / longevity is medium to pretty good. (±8hrs on me)
~ Overall it gets a pretty reasonable 7.5 stars out of 10 from me !
~ Certainly not ground-breaking by any means, but still smells pretty good to me ! (But then I do have a weakness to patchouli, and it has got a gorgeous patch note ... )

gesch
gesch

From the notes I keep thinking that this might smell good on a woman too. About the ingeniousness of the notes: I think the award this time goes to the designer of the bottle!

scribs
scribs

i must say even if the fragrance itself smells like raw sewage i will buy it just cuz of the cool looking bottle, but i must say that i am actually excited about this fragrance and i hope it lives up to the hype

Akahina
Akahina

Can't wait to try this one but a bit baffled by the ratings and reviews for a fragrance that has not yet been released.

Mrgstar
Mrgstar

Sooo cool bottle!
It is shaped like a sculpture of a male head from one side, and it looks like a torso (black Le Male bottle) from the other perspective.

The notes are very interesting!
Cacao is one of my favorite notes!
I just cant wait to get my hands on this one!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

In the English language, a roosters onomatopoeia is Cock-a-doodle-doo, which is pretty ridiculous.
I was hoping this bottle would have a slot in the bottom where you can insert the nozzle of Le Male. Then hopefully, one day, JPG will come out with arms and legs

bp

I am eager to smell this perfume...
The creators are a genius...
JPG is a master...
The olfactory notes are among my favorite...
Certainly I will have this perfume...
I can not wait...

Zaleska
Zaleska

Cocoricó? Oh, God!
ROFL!

"Cocoricó", in Portuguese, is the sound that the chicken makes when it clucks! AHAHAHA

COCORICÓÓÓÓÓÓÓ!!!

It's also a TV show name for kids. There is a farm, a cow, a horse, and lots of chicken! Lots of stuff!

Men in Brazil: NEVER EVER tell a woman you wear Kokorico! AHAHAHA

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

In my language the Kokorico refers to an indocile/untamed lock of hair on the top of one's head and now that I had a look at the bottle it makes perfect sense :-)

P.S. Could some of you advise if Kokorico feels strictly masculine or would it also suit a woman, please??? So curious because it contains my beloved notes :-)

solocha
solocha

I don't find the bottle original, just interesting and slightly provoking. The head has been done already by Anna Sui's Dolly Girls, and colour combination by Comme des Garcons - Pearly Monster.

Lance
Lance

Look at the pictures above! Is there 2 versions of the bottle? A head one and another is a body like Le Male????

TankGirl

The scent might be good, the bottle is reminescent from the 80' which is a plus, nowadays the perfume bottles are so wanna-be-luxury objects, and this one is so sculptural and kitch :) I like it, waiting to try the scent.

Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.27 out of 5 based on 814 ratings and 196 user reviews

Sample
KOKORICO for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
KOKORICO for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
KOKORICO for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
KOKORICO for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Kokorico Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Kokorico Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Kokorico Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Aftershave 3.3oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico Eau De Toilette Spray Edition Collector 100ml 3.3oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico Eau De Toilette Spray Edition Collector 100ml 3.3oz
Gift Set 1.6oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz Shower Gel 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
Cologne
Gift Set 3.3oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz Shower Gel 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.