Designers » I-K » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Kokorico by Night Jean Paul Gaultier for men

Kokorico by Night Jean Paul Gaultier for men
dislike

cacao
Kokorico by Night Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Kokorico by Night Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Kokorico by Night Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Kokorico by Night Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Kokorico by Night Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures

Kokorico by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for men. Kokorico by Night was launched in 2012. Kokorico by Night was created by Olivier Cresp and Annick Menardo. Top note is bergamot; middle notes are rhubarb, cacao pod and fig leaf; base notes are tonka bean and woody notes.

Bergamot

Rhubarb Cacao Pod Fig Leaf

Tonka Bean Woody Notes

Kokorico
Xeryus Rouge

Kokorico by Night Fragrance Reviews

Molko
Molko

Hahahaha, it's arrived now, so the experience is enough fresh like Kokorico by night. I think it's a joke that it called "night". Maybe just my nose but I barely smell this scent. It's similar to the older brother but so much lighter, fresher, watered down. The original Kokorico is the night version IMHO, and this is the everyday's (maybe summer and spring) version:D
I found weak the old Kokorico, but after smelling By night, I changed my mind, the older is much more dense and stronger, more recognizable. Night is not sweeter, just the bitter note toned down. Anyway, the scent is not bad at all, but not enough unique and intense for my taste
Ohh, the bottle is beautiful, so it remains in my collection:D

RobK
RobK

I actually don't get why people dislike this so much. I never tried this because of the trash people threw at it and I honestly don't know why I listened to that.

A couple of weeks ago I tried this in a Douglas store, I tried multiple scents but when I sprayed this on a piece of paper I was like "WTF, this is really good". And that day I told myself not to listen to the trash people throw at certain scents and try them at least.

So a couple of days ago I ended up buying not one, but two bottles of this, best buy in a while to be honest.

This one is really great for nights out. And I must say that it has that darker vibe which CK One Shock has, although they are different. I feel like they are some distant relatives.

Anyway, if you want a mysterious scent, a bit more on the serious side, for your nights out, check this one out. Will do the trick.

Allen-at-home

I want to say first that I’m not familiar with Jean Paul Gaultier, and I have never worn any of his fragrances before now. I’ve never tried the original Kokorico flanker, which sounds very dry and interesting, but when I heard Kokorico by NIGHT features cocoa and rhubarb together, I HAD to sample. (I won’t take time to explain my fascination with that tart smell of rhubarb, I don’t really understand it myself. All I know is, to me, it smells healthy.) But Kokorico by Night, as somebody else already said, smells like La Nuit by YSL. After wearing for awhile, off-and-on for a few days, on skin AND clothes, I have to agree. And I have decided Kokorico by Night isn’t unique enough or fascinating enough to hold my interest. That nice, tart rhubarb opening doesn’t last through drydown. Honestly, KbN reminds me TOO much of YSL La Nuit, which I consider headache-inducing. Nothing bad about KbN, but nothing special, either.

mapache
mapache

Moonchild1985...I agree with you 100 % !!!

I have both Kokorico and Kokorico By Night.
Love them both.
And WILL re-purchase them
Both are very under-rated

Moonchild1985
Moonchild1985

Honestly i'm shocked at the hate towards this fragrance! There are far worse scents than this but they get better grades and reviews!
Looks like the trend lately is to hate anything stamped "Jean Paul Gaultier", regardless of the actual quality of the juice, and as usual, many jump on the bandwagon of "bashing JPG frags". Is it because of Le male and its 25486321 flankers? the tacky bottle? the gaudy JPG designs? I don't know but this is sad. REALLY sad. How can someone interested in parfumes objectively say THIS is the worst thing ever??? Seriously?
Is it the best? No.
Is it the worst (even among the worst ever?) Hell No.
But it's a nice AND above average perfume.
This fragrance is original in its way, quite different, I can understand some won't enjoy it, but calling it THE WORST? that's just gratuituous bashing IMHO !
I haven't tested the original, and got a bottle of this fragrance (50 ml) for 19 euros at Sephora (well, not really a good sign for its future I'm afraid this is going to be discontinued soon).
The opening is interesting. I had never smelled rhubarb in a fragrance before, but I can definitly detect it, a natural-smelling rhubarb on the opening, slightly citric and sweet. It lasts for about 30 min, then comes the delicious cocoa + patchouli combo, which reminds me a bit of a younger brother of l'Instant Extreme from Guerlain. I prefer this one to LIEDG actually, both scent-wise (in the heart + drydown notes) and perfomance wise. Kokorico by Night is a performance beast, a good choice as a clubbing scent. This lasts about 8 hours on me, and even after a whole evening of frenetic clubbing I could smell it on me in the morning through my hangover lol.
Honestly, if you're looking for an easy, simple yet different going-out gourmand for mid-season, this will do the job, especially among the young crowd (below 30). Its apparently on sale everywhere now. If you can grab a bottle at a low price as I did, go ahead. It's definitly worth it. Don't rely on the bad reputation on fragrantica, sample it for yourself an mTHEN make up your mind. Personally I enjoy it, it doesnt "wow me", but I'd still give it a 7/10.

PS : update - the drydown is really the best part. And I'm stepping out of the shower as I'm typing this... I still can smell this bad boy on my arm! wow!

Allen-at-home

Yes, Endymion, maybe you're right, I am still wearing them off-and-on to see if I notice the differences. But you yourself said Kokorico by Night "opening has the same touch as Xeryus Rouge". So at one time, you must have thought they were similar?

Endymion

I have both Kokorico Night and Xeryus Rouge and don't find ANY similarities between them. I can't comprehened how anyone can find them similar at all? Just tested them side by side, absolutely different scents IMHO.

Allen-at-home

Kokorico by Night reminds me SO much of Givenchy Xeryus Rouge. In fact, I have worn both off-and-on for the past couple of days, and I still find them amazingly similar. A few more wearings should let me know which I prefer, if either. A fascinating fragrance, for sure. As soon as I am able to wrap my nose around this better, I will post a REAL review. As deathpill said, I like rhubarb... but it doesn't work here. Personally, as a rhubarb "freak", I am still trying to decide if that cocoa and rhubarb blend well enough to consider Kokorico by Night a favorite.

chopshop
chopshop

xoxoMyke and the absolutist gave some great accounts of this fragrance. I’m with them both.

Like xoxoMyke, I get patchouli in this too. I was one of the notes I mentally flagged the first time I wore this fragrance. I was surprised to see that patchouli wasn’t one of the notes they used in KN.

I am a fig fiend. I love just about every fragrance that I’ve ever smelled containing fig, particularly fig leaf. I think fig leaf has a beautifully green, outdoorsy – sweet & sour smell. It’s really sharp, and it is a great scent to play against on the fragrance canvas because it responds so well to being mixed with base scents. KN is a beautiful example of that. I must say that I think the original Kokorico is also excellent, however this is my favorite of the two.

I wear this one for me. My wife likes even if she can’t find the words. She’s “normal” and either likes a scent or doesn’t. She doesn’t sit around all geekified like all of us trying to analyze what’s going into her nose.

And WTH? Who wouldn’t want this funky bottle in their collection? It’s awesome. Cheers.

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

Kokorico By Night is a wonderfully different fragrance and garners so many compliments!

It starts off with a tart and slightly citric freshness (bergamot + rhubarb combo) but quickly transforms into a very sweet "red fruit" accord. It is so delicious!

While patchouli is not listed, I absolutely smell a very spicy earthy patchouli. The earthy vibe is definitely from the fig, but I smell a spicy sharp patchouli. That's the magic of modern fragrances - the notes listed (and not listed) can create and mimic other scents/notes (accords). The cacao is definitely there with its soft roundness riding the wave of an earthy, spicy patchouli accord. The tonka bean in the basenotes just makes By Night all the better.

I can honestly say I've never smelled anything like it!

The first night I wore this, I had a woman come to my group of friends and ask who smelled so good. When she discovered it was me, she pulled out her phone and looked up Kokorico By Night on Amazon to buy it for her husband. I was flattered to say the least! This stuff rocks!

deathpill
deathpill

Weaker than the original? yes. Smoother than the original? yes. Better than the original? no. I like rhubarb, In B*Men I absolutely love it. Here it doesn't work.

Endymion

I'm sure it's getting discontinued along with the original Kokorico as it sells for pennies now (at least in Hungary).

theabsolutist
theabsolutist

Put two of the greatest noses of the last twenty years together, give them a sizable budget and free creative reign from a house that was finally ready to emerge beyond the Le Male staple cash cow and endless flankers. Jean Paul Gaultier was searching for a new and unique stamp on the men's fragrance industry and you get this and the original Kokorico as their answer. Loathed and hated by the popular masses, many of whom never actually smelled the perfume beyond the top notes of the original Kokorico and based their negativity on the flashy packaging and the fact Kokorico wasn't Le Male part deux.
This one is dark and gourmandish with a creamy soda fountain like feel. The cocoa dominates with the fruity rhubarb and leafy fig leaf to give a very sweet and spicy feel when combined with a very creamy and organic tonka bean note that acts much like the coffee in the A Men series, giving it a strong base from which to push the other notes forward while not allowing the overall composition to get too light or soft. All this is incredibly well done here, with the embellishment of light, soft woods in the dry down but with the cocoa and rhubarb stealing the show for much of the stretch run.
Fantastically modern and original, an artistic endeavor that though more commercial than the original Kokorico, is no less creative in its blending, it's just less shocking and aggressive. Longevity is very good at between 7-10 hours with moderate sillage well into the dry down. A real gem of an oriental for men looking for a bit more daring and dark in their fragrance who want to be project a certain rugged individualism and not the standard run-of-the-mill oriental.

Wearing this for just one day and it reminds me of a variation of A*Men, and it's not a bad thing. I find this much more appealing to me than the original Kokorico because the original smells a little bitter. But this could possibly be something I'd see myself wear more often while A*Men I just can't wear it all the time.

Nihilil
Nihilil

A clubbing scent for those who don't like clubbing scents? Certainly gives me that vibe. I'll love it when I wear it but being a metalhead at heart it won't probably be often.

I prefer this to the original; When I tried it had a rich(and not totally unpleasant) oil paint vibe I don't think I could have gotten used to.

Icucino
Icucino

I've got the impression that the original Kokorico was like a concept-car and this is the production version. It's a more "likeable", less radical and an overall more commercial version of it. While it might lack the original's "gullwing doors" and raw creativity it's still one of the best night-out releases of the last few years. Easily an 8 out of 10.

While I don't think it's impossible to dislike it I do wonder if most of the people who downvoted it actually bothered to give it a try.

Edit: Every single time I wear it I get an unsolicited compliment. Make no mistake, it's Kokorico done right. Do yourself a favor and at least sample this fantastic scent !

Endymion

I'm partially disappointed. This is a tad sweeter and fruitier than original Kokorico, maybe a bit softer too.
IMHO the opening has the same touch as Xeryus Rouge has, that fruity sweet scent, but the whole fragrance is not that fresh at all.
This lacks the brutality of the original, less unique.

nonsisa
nonsisa

By night should have been out there for a long time but I just discovered it recently in stores. The original version has already been toned down and this one is similar.

Actually I'm more drawn to the night version than to the original, which might be due to its tonka note.

It's well done but maybe a little bit weaker than the original.

Watt-de
Watt-de

When I first tried this I was intrigued but not completely sold. But the fragrance stayed with me and I was certain I wanted to give it another try. I bought a bottle and I really started to love it al lot! I like the warm cherries, dark chocolate and tobacco. And I love the soapy smell after an hour or so. So I am completely sold by this fragrance during cold winter month, when I want a comfortable warm and cosy feeling, this is it. I like its not leather smell and not citrus. I really can recommend it, at least try!

When I first tried this I was intrigued but not completely sold. But the fragrance stayed with me and I was certain I wanted to give it another try. I bought a bottle and I really started to love it al lot! I like the warm cherries, dark chocolate and tobacco. And I love the soapy smell after an hour or so. So I am completely sold by this fragrance during cold winter month as I want a comfortable warm feeling. I like its not leather smell and not citrus. I really can recommend it, or at least try!

kostas37
kostas37

sxedon idia me tin apli kokorico..to drydown einai paromoio..i diafora oti tin entasi tou fylou sykias edw tin antika8ista to rhubarb.
vradini alla metria myrwdia k sigoura oxi toso sexy oso i apli kokorico.
artistic mpoukali typiko JPG..kalo psekastiko..plus to metalliko kouti pou olo k se kati 8a xrisimepsei.

4.5/10

drakecito
drakecito

This is more conventional that the original (more sweet, less earthy).
Maybe for the young kids... ):
I prefer the original but this is not a bad scent.
Longevity and sillage are similar.

Scent 6/10
Longrvity 7/10
Sillage 6/10

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

در این خطر جدید که برای فصل های متنوع ساخته تا بتواند ترنج رسیده را برای آرامش شنونده رایحه کاکائو را برای دلچسبی و در انتهی مسیر با تلخی و جلب توجه کردن شنونده رایحه فرحبخش خوبی از درختان تازه و سرشار از چوبهای جنگلها برای دیگر شنوندها در مانهای دفتری وقرار خصوصی وسوسه انگیز باشد.

DCfrance
DCfrance

Not sure about all the hate on this one... Usually my clubbing scent and have gotten many compliments with this one. Projection and longevity great after a long night clubbing still noticeable by the person your sleeping next to. Smell is perhaps too heavy at the start but the dry down is a sweet spicy unique smell that is a real killer in my opinion. i have been very happy with this, all just preference i guess.

marioslg3

tried it again today...sickly sweet...yiax!!!

It's warmer, sweet and less earthy than the original Kokorico. I find the rhubarb note interesting, but overall I prefer the original. The sweet and sour accords just don't blend well for me and come off a bit discordant.

markkkkkkkk4444
markkkkkkkk4444

AMAZING FRAG CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY DISLIKES WILL GET IT 2DAY KEEP HATING HATERS!

suhaesa
suhaesa

warm.. sensual.. wintry..starts off hard and warms down beautifully..woody spicy sweetish in a masculine way..a clubbing night out sexy perfume ..its distinctive smokey..its not that chocolaty not overwhelmingly so anyway..its a sultry scent perfect for a date or retraction... it reminds me of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme..its surprisingly old school with a modern twist..its delicious you almost want to sniff it until you eat it ...its a confident... independent scent..a classy masculine gentleman s perfume..

marioslg3

This is similar to the original except the intense fig leave....more refined and sweet....but if we want more chocolate, try l'instand de guerlain pour homme extreme...much much better.

Bruno2theV

To those who tried this:
How chocolaty is the smell?

guillermostf
guillermostf

to brs:
hahaha i agree!!! but is kind of funny ask for "A Kokorico, please" at the store

themattsky
themattsky

I don't get the hate! I think it's a nice fragrance - not a fabulous one but it's not bad at all!

Bruno2theV

Has anyone tried this one yet?

Bruno2theV

Didn't anyone try this one yet?

potion13
potion13

This stuff will end up on a Marshalls or Ross's rack sooner than you think.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Where the original reminded us of L'Instant pour Homme, this one is terrible and nauseating. It is bitter and sweet at the same time. BPI (Shiseido) I know you planned a whole new ad campaign for this one, but really don't bother... just let it die.

brs
brs

last try to sell "kokorico" with this flanker,
I think they should change this horrible bottle and this ridiculous name,

Bruno2theV

I'm really looking forward to try this. How can people say they hate the perfume if it wasn't released yet?-.-
I hope it smells a little more like chocolate then the original one (which is a great perfume)

Endymion

@armaniboy: Thanx for the information :) The bottle and the name is so disappointing that I was sure, it's a fake... (although I really like the original bottle).
They could have come up with a better name, anything that is not so cheap, and a nicer bottle (like in deep purple or deep brown, or blue).

Endymion

I guess, it's not official but fake. May I be right?
There are sooo many fake flankers on the market. (like Joop! Homme Extasy etc.)

spidey3
spidey3

the original is the worst thing ever...
maybe they realized that and now this is much better,i must try this one

darlosu
darlosu

wtf? :)

Kokorico by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.24 out of 5 based on 159 ratings and 42 user reviews

Sample
Kokorico By Night by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT Spray Vial On Card for Men
Kokorico By Night by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT Spray Vial On Card for Men
Kokorico By Night by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT Spray 1.7 oz for Men
Kokorico By Night by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT Spray 1.7 oz for Men
Kokorico By Night Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico By Night Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico By Night Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Kokorico By Night by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT Spray 3.4 oz for Men
Kokorico By Night by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT Spray 3.4 oz for Men
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico By Night Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico By Night Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Gift Set 1.6oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico By Night Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz Shower Gel 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico by Night fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico by Night, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kokorico by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kokorico by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.