Designers » I-K » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

La Cologne Fleur du Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men

La Cologne Fleur du Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men
dislike

La Cologne Fleur du Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures La Cologne Fleur du Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures La Cologne Fleur du Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures La Cologne Fleur du Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures

La Cologne Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. La Cologne Fleur du Male was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian. The fragrance features african orange flower, bergamot, basil and caraway.

African Orange flower Bergamot Basil Caraway

Custo Man
Curve Crush
Fleur du Mâle

La Cologne Fleur du Male Fragrance Reviews

orestes

Better than the E.D.T.! Unfortunately also discontinued! STUPID desicion!

Chuckphilpott
Chuckphilpott

It's pretty good I get like ivory white soap bar. At the top. Floral notes also I get no bergamot

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

توانمندی را برای حضور پرنگ در محافل دوستانه و غریب وارد شدن محکم ولی جذاب برای شسک پوشان مدرن

orestes

I prefer edt than cologne,also' please change photo,the bottle in the photo is the edt, the cologne has a transparent bottle!

Frag
Frag

The bottle pictured here is the original Fleur du Male, listed on Fragrantica as well (but harder to find due to French letters), not the La Cologne flanker. Undoubtedly many are reviewing the original, not the flanker. I wish Fragrantica would fix this.

The Cologne is indeed a fresher, cologne style version of the original and I much prefer it. Whereas the original can become overpowering, all the orange blossom and vanilla, this is much more transparent, less sweet and features a nicely dirty note alongside all the cleanliness. Lasting power and sillage are not as good as the original's but one can't have it all.

degauss
degauss

Can this be worn comfortably by a woman? What do the lovers of this scent think? (I'm considering a blind-buy for this one).

dmitri.medvedev.3
dmitri.medvedev.3

my girlfriend said that this fragrance smell like sex

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

Fleur du male is in my top ten. It is unique, strong, and lasts ages. This one is a gem and is not appreciated as much as it should be. Fleur du male opens up very strong, powerful and intense. The opening is a strong blast of floral notes and it smells like chamomile tea.

It smells like a garden full of flowers on a really warm sunny day at noon. The heat and smell is so intense your head begins to get sore. Fleur du male doesn't give me a sore head but it could for other people.

After an hour the opening blast has died down and the aroma becomes softer and lighter i.e more friendly. At this point I think the orange blossom is most noticeable and responsible for this.

Towards the end of the heart notes I get that blue synthetic cleaning note from le male which is just remarkable along with hints of spice.

Great, highly unique, powerful, long lasting, masculine and daring fragrance. Good signature scent but can't be worn for those "quiet" occasions. You will either love or hate it. more at mrproductreview.com

queops
queops

Remember Kouros Fraicheur by Yves Saint Laurent...Well,at least for me,because it manager be fresh,clean while spicy and deep like Kouros Fraicheur smell.

Anatolian_Swarthy

some fruity soaps smell better than J.P.G.Fleur du male.be sure !i sniffed it and suprised and said"wht the bad scent ..! " sometimes pefume firms tricks clients. please firstly try it and then buy.dont buy it before sniff it.

this is a friend recommend from me to you..

rafickw
rafickw

I got this fragrance yesterday, and when i first sprayed it definitely smelled like "Le Male" or in a way it's got the same DNA of Le Male but more dramatic, more loud, I sense florals, louder Vanilla, with Le Male it feels that you took those concentrated ingredients and dumped them in a bowl of water to lessen their intensities, with Fleur Du Male it is absolutely different, more concentrated Vanilla and florals ( particularly lilac) I always smell lilacs in JPG for men. Slightly citrusy with a hint of powderiness and soapiness, which the classic "Le male" does not posses.

The bottle design did bewilder me back in 2008 when i first sniffed it, but intrigued me also. Usually a simplistic solid color cologne, signified shower gel or lotion. I was surprised that it was a cologne. I am always about simplicity and controversy when it comes to design or design. The white torso is absolutely addicting to have in your cologne cabinet and the little necklace or in this case the spray stopper which gives the bottle more life and a personal touch.

Hail "Fleur Du Male"

Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried it today and i really say that this perfume bad !it smells like bath soap! yes soap.i washed my wrist immediately.and u see tha bottle,white color like soap!

jooligan

For me, Fleur du Male La Cologne smells more refined and refreshing than the regular Fleur du Male. FdM smells similar to Joop Homme in the start (the overdose of orange blossom) but less cloying and more green in the middle and base notes.
Fleur du Male it's like a Baudelaire poem (strong, dirty and evil, but beautiful in a very dark way). On the other hand, Fleur du Male La Cologne it's like an oriental haiku (subtle, persistent and makes you feel new and fresh)

Thanks Freddie .

freddiefingers

@shahab...as this is the cologne version it is just a slightly less potent version of the original.if you do have the original then i will suggest not having this as they smell the same.it's all in the name.this is a cologne-not as loud as the original that's all.
I wear this and am not as self conscious as I do with the original.hope this helps

shahab.zaidi

m so curious to buy it. before that jus wanna know , is it closer to its original one?. please help me out. does it have a similarity with the original one?.

shahab.zaidi

@jasonx Thanks. I used the original version of FDM . found it very cloying and gotta headache. but as the reviews projecting it, m curious to buy it. I hope its gonna be much better than the original.m looking somfin a sweet but in a decent manner...

jasonx
jasonx

@ shahab.zaidi: No this one and Fahrenheit 32 smells nothing alike

keffy
keffy

Go to the nearest orange farm/plantation and you'll probably feel as if this fragrance was made right there at that particular spot.It opens up with a BLAST of orange blossoms and other floral notes as well. Im a guy and im not gay and i absolutely love this scent, its very unisex like scents such Hermes Un sun Jardin La Nil and Gaultier 2 but this is just totally different, if you want something thats gonna last you for atleast 24 hours and you like floral scents then this is definitely you, if you like that stuff such as the (Floral), then you can actually blind buy this fragrance

freddiefingers

got told that by the sales assistants in 2 shops I visited.cant really tell if they were telling the truth or not but clearly they stated they were no longer stocking them.now that may be just shops policy on not stocking bottles that dont shift or manufacturer calling time for same reason.As I said I got mine on the bargain shelf in House of Fraser and it was the last one.Debenhams dont even have this one anymore

Endymion
Endymion

@freddiefingers
What? Who said that Fleur du Male has been discontinued?
I hope it's not true!!!

freddiefingers

If there's so much love for this how come it's been discontinued along with the original Fleur du Male?well glad I got the last bottle from my local House of Fraser.will probably keep for a while...

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Unexpected ! it will be great on the right man :)
There's a strong caraway note here which makes this one smells different ..
This is for a man who have his own world his own life style without any limits or rules .. I can imagine it only for a young man maybe between 20-24 ..

marioslg3
marioslg3

It probably sounds a bit strange but I find some similarities after about 30 minutes with green irish tweed. something that reminds the lemon verbena maybe......it is strange and maybe silly but this is what my nose gets. after that the perfume, which always reminds the original FLM at a lighter version, turns to be more animalic...something tha reminds me slightly Kouros by YSL. I smell a bit of civet in FDMLC, definitely, there is something animalic in this perfume. I'm not sure if i prefer it from the original but i see that is more wearable. The saopy smell that everyone is talking about is not so obvious to me. It is a relatively old time cologne but in a modern way. The original is sweeter and louder that may become boring due to the overdose of orange blossom/neroli. The original, for those that do not have problem about that is better for winter fall and the cologne for spring and summer, depends on the taste! two perfumes are not the masculine perfumes of the day but they are two of the best floral masculine perfume. actually before 80s-90s, the perfumes between men and women were miles from each other. now we see unisex perfumes, women perfumes with masculine notes and men perfumes with floral notes....it is also more cost effective for mainstream and niche companies to produce one perfume for both genders. Who knows what we will see in the following years as the great aromatic fougeres of 80's are mostly discontinoued and the new ones are not so "heavy"?

jooligan

Fleur du Male La Cologne is a nice one, and the nicest part of it is that no one knows it.
From start to finish, this cologne is a tribute to the old fashioned colognes created in the beginning of the past century. Think in the smell of a french barbershop in the year 1920, surrounded by white flowers and you get FdM LC!.
This scent has some nice notes and the overall smell is very fresh, pleasant and smooth. Is very simplistic, yet charming, versatile and, I must say, poetic.
It starts with a potent blast of citrus (I can detect lemon and bergamot) that fades away very quikly (enough time to clear your nose). Then, some flowery heart starts to pump up. In this particular phase, the white flowers(basically, orange blossom)mixed with some green and citrus notes makes this scent smell very feminine and aromatic.
In the heart of FdM LC I can detect the most weird but unique accord in a cologne: it's a flowery note that I used to smell in funerals and cemeteries. It's a sad note, an evil note, a dirty note, a melancholic note that makes this stage of the fragrance so strange, so full of memories.
In the base, and for my surprise, all that sadness was gone and you get basically a very "happy" clean soapy smell. End of story
In a few words, this flanker of the original FdM invites you to a rough ride through heaven and hell, past and present, masculinity and feminity, happiness and sadness, cleanliness and dirtiness.

So, if you are looking for a refreshing but daring and dangerous "hot summer days" fragrance, get a bottle of this. If you are not a friend of danger, go ahead and buy some Aqua di Gio.

Projecion and longevity are great.

Bravo Mr. Kurkdjian!

bp
bp

As I am a big fan of the range Le Male, could not fail to comment on this perfume, saying it's the best Eau de Cologne in the world.
This perfume has a compelling simplicity.
It is excellent in all respects.
I hope to have this wonderful perfume.
To me there is nothing better than having the full range of Le Male.
Francis Kurkdjian is a genius.
JPG 4EVER.

USMC_Ryfleman
USMC_Ryfleman

I just bought a bottle today and I love it due to the fragrance being so unique. As others have said, its very sweet and flowery and you WILL get noticed. Just go very sparingly when applying it, a little goes a long way.

kerrso99
kerrso99

This is certanly a strange one but i love it, especially the wife. its like nothing ive had before very different and distinctive, women always comments on it in a good way

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

Never been a fan of jpg scents and was sick to death of le male and everyone saying how amazing it was - yuk! I Have to admit i LOVE this fragrance and original Fleur du Male . This fragrance starts of initially with a citrus blast thats nice and refreshing . Its definately lighter than FDM and as many have suggested is more wearable .I like them both and its nice to interchange between them :)

cuncon888
cuncon888

though many ppl say this perfume female scent, i still love it, so sweet but very warm and soft, it lasts for long time, over 16 hours, its true

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This feels like a floral scent for men. Yes it is quite femminine. I happen to find it wonderful and sexy as hell.

I'm bored of all those guys smelling either "aquatic-fresh" or "macho". I like a guy who has the guts to smell that ambiguous.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Oh my! This is so unisex. I shivered when I noticed that Francis Kurkdjian has composed this one. So many STELLAR scents are made by him.

Fleur du Male is all about musk, soap, and flowery notes; almost love at first sight. Right at the moment there's Pi Neo one my other hand and Fleur on the other. They're completely different, but Pi Neo gives a nice contrast: FdM has a hint of sweet rubber! And its longevity is good.

I got 3 vials of Fleur du Male today and intended to sell them before I smelled this wondrous scent. Haven't really been very excited about Jean Paul Gaultier's scents in any way before. But thsi experience gave me a kick and I'll certainly check other JPG's out next time I go smellin'.

And the keep the vials to myself...

mtotn69
mtotn69

This cologne to me smells like shaving soap that is powdery and sweet. Nice scent that lasts all day for an EdC. This is starting to be one of my favorites!

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

Very modern and trendy. Much better than the original. A wonderful drydown. For confident modern gentlemen!

lucifera
lucifera

i tried it! must say it doesn't really smells like a man perfume.
a real SWEET aromatic fougere,
like kenzo amour or jil sander style,
Most of al it reminded me of Therme's white lotus shower gel
guess woman can get away with it too!
nice fume and MAYBE consider buying a bottle of this

costaleo
costaleo

Its floral notes take me to heaven. It's masculine and feminine at the same time, but the genders don't really compete here. They add to each other. A fragrance for the 21st century.

Darius HIldenbrandt
Darius HIldenbrandt

this very original strong fresh sweet scent develops another sides of male nature - lyricism, stargazing and deep sensuality

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Very nice i smelled it today but maybe to soft for a guy?Love that ad also..lol

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I originally bought it for a (gay) friend of mine for an Xmas present but the bastard never claimed it (lol).
So I said I would use it myself, despite my initial dislike; well I did not disliked it, it was just so unusual to my scent-buds. I thought I would celebrate spring after the somewhat long winter with this fresh male floral.

With my skin it feels and smells pleasant at first but the dry down and my perspiration it soon turns into "catpiss" smell. Sorry to be so direct but that is how it reacts with me (lol). For that and only that reason, I think I will stick to my Diors, Guerlains, Cartiers and Guccis....

hernie
hernie

Makes me remember my childhood. It´s so powdery and sweet...Very sexy, masculine and modern. Incredible long lasting.Two thumbs up!

valdano
valdano

Unfortunately, this is not really me...
I Sampled this today at some perfume shop

In my opinion, This flowery thing scented bitter than the original verse!

I love the sweetness from Le Male, but for Fleur de Male, i should expect something more could come alive to this fragrance!

flannelman
flannelman

A nice, kind of soapy and refreshing cologne built around an orange blossom and fougère heart. The dry-down, unfortunately, is just a little too sweet for me.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

A Very interesting scent! Less powdery, more citrus than the Fleur de Male edt -> The cologne version is so much more wearable than the edt. Refreshing, modern, unique, smart , daring and very sexy.

La Cologne Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.78 out of 5 based on 268 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier La Cologne Fleur du Male fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier La Cologne Fleur du Male, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Cologne Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Cologne Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.