Designers » I-K » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Le Beau Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men

bitter
herbal
Le Beau Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Le Beau Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures Le Beau Male Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures

Jean Paul Gaultier is launching a new fragrance for men, LE BEAU MALE, which arrives on the market in March 2013. With its memorable composition and combination of ingredients, this fragrance offers a unique game of hot and ice-cold notes. The new fragrance Le Beau Male is created to accentuate erotic potential of each man and to stimulate all sense. ''This is the scent of freshness which makes men hot." - announces Jean Paul Gaultier.

It is possible to make a parallel with the cult le Male edition, since perfumer Francis Kurkdjian wanted to remind us of the formula and to create a new fragrance while accentuating accords which were not attended closely. The new creation carries the scent of freshness, and is very seductive and powerful, while reminding us of hot fingers sliding over cold, moist glass. The composition highlights a fine cocktail of fresh and moist mint and absinthe making the composition lighter and cooler. Lavender adds a calming effect playing with orange blossom combined with sage. The base incorporates a sensual trail of musk closing the composition.

Flacon is shaped like all previous editions of the le Male collection. Man' torso is colored in ice blue with light blue, metallic stripes over his chest. Ice cold white color accentuates juiciness and freshness, while blue metallic stripes restrain strength and energy. Metal outer packaging remains unchanged. LE BEAU MALE is available as 75 ml and 125ml EDT. Besides EDT, 75 gram deodorant stick will also be available. Advertising face is Kaylan Falgoust who is posing naked on ice in pin-up style of the 50es.

Wormwood Mint

ahmed.jasim

Perfume beautiful and refreshing .... I love this fragrance

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

I actually tested Le Beau Male in the Mall today and let me tell you, it wasn't enjoyable. WTF have they done to Le Male?! This flanker smells NOTHING like the original. Folks that is a bad thing. I want a flanker that gives me more than the original, but not change the thing completely!! This felt like too much of a departure. The scent itself was horrific as well. The minute I sprayed it on it seemed like I sprayed pure rubbing alcohol on my skin. You guys may have had a different experience, but for me, I won't be picking this one up.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

It smells like potted herbs in a kitchen window overhung by lavender. That may sound romantic, but it's not. It makes me want a sandwich.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

What are they thinking? I tested this in store and went about my business occasionally sniffing my hand. Who puts pineapple with mint?? It's like drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth, a big no no. A few hours passed and I was pained to find something good in it. A total clash and a failure. I got home and in the confines of my room it hit me. Had the cat puked? I guess so much cash had been ploughed into this to not justify starting again. Shame, because the gaultier house is risking reputation here. Kokorico which isn't as bad as this is discounted everywhere to get rid of it, this is going straight into the landfill site.

renperd
renperd

The highly synthetic orange blossom in here reminds me of what Fleur du Mâle offers by the ton. Also, if you have Live Jazz, your yearning for cilantro already should be satisfied. Like the above fragrances, the synthetics Le Beau has on offer are just too cold and aloof for me. I'll pass on this one.

camposg
camposg

I am a hugh le male fan because this cologne shattered civilization but i cannot recommend this version of le beau. Im sorry to say it is horrible and doesn't resemble the original at all. Pass for sure

freebirdsoul
freebirdsoul

Yikes, Le Beau Male got mostly negative reviews I see.

I actually just purchased this for my husband, after recieving a sample from Sephora, spraying it on him, and falling in summer love. ;)

First of all, if you are comparing this to the original Le Male, then maybe that is the reason for dissapointment. They smell nothing a like... While I find the original an intriguing scent, I wouldnt want DH to wear it to be honest. It's just a little cloying for my taste.

This one on the other hand is much more mellow, fresh, and masculine (in my opinon). Without knowing the notes, I thought "aquatic and herbal". The actual description of the fragrance is :

"The fragrance opens with bright notes of citrus and lavender, spices and artemesia. Woody and spicy notes follow with hints of cardamom and fresh mint. The base rests on an earthy blend of green cedar wood, amber accords, and the subtle masculine essence of musk.

Notes:
Artemesia, Mint, Lavender, Musk.
Style:
Masculine. Sensual. Fresh"

I would agree with the description and I really do find this to be a sensual and sexy summer scent. (say that 10 times fast)

;)

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

"Fraicheur intense" version: blasting metallic-mentholated opening with citrus and cloves on vanillin, with a slightly disturbing sort of salty warm note underneath. No affiliation with Le Male. Uselessly cheap summer scent – not even a crowdpleaser, as it frankly smells bad to me.

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

A bad attempt at a summery fragrance- weak and lacking...
___________________________________________________

Although I don't hate this one, it is far from being beloved.
Upon first spray, you get a blast of mint and some other confusing tones that I honestly could not wait until they faded. After the dry down, it descends to a more manageable scent with leafy mint tones, some greens, and almost hints of aquatics that struggle to break through, but cannot quite overtake the top notes. They stay still throughout, as the scent is quite linear from top to bottom.
All in all, I rather enjoyed the original Le Male. It was fresh, powdery, and unique.
This flanker, though, is almost unrecognizable from the original. It tries to input citrusy green tones, but instead comes across as a mint bomb that tries too hard and falls barely short of being pleasant.
Buy, try or pass? Probably a TRY, followed quickly by a PASS.
It sits well on the skin for a few hours, but is hardly alike the original in terms of projection and longevity. After about an hour, it barely projected.
If you are looking for a nice summer/ spring scent...look elsewhere. 'Le Beau Male' will not compliment your collection by any means, beyond being a decorative fixture with a package.
Frankly, I almost consider scents like this an insult. A company that could release a fragrance like Le Male can surely execute better quality with their fragrances, as far as product testing for scent, longevity, and projection. For them to release something as wonderful as the original, and then subsequently release this one is...just insulting. It is, to be honest, a breach of trust, and makes me seriously consider whether I will be purchasing more colognes from them in the near future.

Longevity: 4/10 (~4 hours)
Projection: 3/10 (This is where it suffers- maybe an hour of subtle projection, then it's barely a skin scent)
Versatility: 5/10 (Summer/ spring...maybe wear to the beach?)
Smell: 5/10 ('A' for effort, 'C' for effect...)

TheloniousBud
TheloniousBud

Le Beau Male starts out with a blast of minty freshness, sharp yet inviting. To me, it's almost aquatic, reminding me of a day on the beach. The dry down gets slightly dark and feels cooler, with a hint of the original Le Male coming through. It becomes more mature and quite sexier.

As great as the fragrance smells to me, the performance is where it's lacking. It projects well on me for about 4 hours, but as the basenotes kick in, it becomes more of a skin scent. Extremely disappointing when I consider that Le Male lasts a good 10 hours on me before it becomes more subtle. To combat performance issues, I usually give this about 4 sprays: one blast to the chest, another to the back of the neck, and a quick spritz on each wrist. It also helps to carry a pocket spray with you for those long days out.

Overall, I dig Le Beau Male. It's a great everyday, daytime scent, especially if you're spending the day on a beach or by a pool. Longevity is much to be desired, but a pocket spray would definitely help.

1welshdevil

If I slept in a vat of it I still think after 30 minutes all trace of it would have gone. It's a little minty, like half chewed Wrigley's Extra, so so poor. What a real waste of money.

panoulis1992

longevity:6/10
projection:5.5/10
sillage:5.5/10
versatility:7/10
overall:30/50(i preferred fleur du male)

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Like this one. Fresh and funky! Does not smell like Le Male, but i can feel that Kurkdjian was here! Nice stuff for summer. I got almost the same longevity and projection as original Le Male (not vintage), which is cool for a summer frag. Very versatile and safe. Great stuff.

bronstein
bronstein

I agree with the comments below which express disappointment or even hate with respect to this one. Firstly, it doesn't remind one of the standard Male. While this ist not necessarily a bad thing, the name is not apt. Secondly, it's not a good product. It doesn't smell interesting at all, but just like some kind of median male scent. Possibly the saddest cash-in in recent years, this one deserves no attention at all.

mildspicej17u55l

I had reviewed this before showing my distaste for this fragrance. I had since looked at the reviews again on this and noticed that someone didn't understand the absolute hate this fragrance has. Well, let me explain. The original Le Male and Classique that was released in the 90s got allot of respect and popularity because of of they're style and uniqueness. And to this day, they are still good sellers in department stores. You don't see too many fragrances released 20+ years ago that even make it to the perfume counter. Because of the great success Le Male and Classique received, it built a reputation for Jean-Paul Gaultier. When I see a Jean- Paul Gaultier fragrance, i expect quality, good silliage and longevity, diversity, uniqueness, and most of all an exceptionally developed scent. Le Beau Male simply did not live up to that. Its strikingly similar to every old spice body spray I smell in the high school locker room. And to think they discontinued Fleur Du Male which did live up to Jean-Paul Gaultier's reputation and added this is a shame. I'm sure any original Le Male and Classique or even Fleur Du Male lovers would agree.

RodEri314
RodEri314

I pre ordered this fragrance to insure that I received it upon its release. At first spray I was wholly confused about the accord that I experienced. I bluntly hated it so I put it away for a while. A few months passed and I dared to try it again, this time it was absolutely pleasant to my nose. Since then I have been wearing it as a daytime scent for bright spring and soon to be summer days.

I thought about the motives behind my initial impression of this fragrance and noticed that it was popular opinion of this fragrance that gave me the biased perception.

The opening is amazingly fresh with sharp notes of mint and then it mellows out to a musky combination of lavender and orange blossom with absinthe trailing in the mix. My absolutely favorite sequence of the dry down is when the absinthe dies down and the musk notes die out. The remaining accord is light and airy. Projection is good. Gets close to skin at around 5-6 hours.

MrChrisD
MrChrisD

I don't understand all the hate this scent gets. I personally find it better then the original Le Male. Less powdery the the original. Very light. I would not hesitate to buy it again.

I give it a fair 7/10

mildspicej17u55l

Don't like it. A lame attempt at a flanker for le male. Its too synthetic and cheap smelling for my taste.

giorgio 223
giorgio 223

i love this fragrance, my friend had it last summer.Its really fresh, long lasting unforgettable scent.I decided to buy it for this summer.I love all this usual but really good fragrances like bvlgari aqua,or versace eau fresh, le beau male is something special for me, it remindes me something from my childhood,and i love it!!! many people writes bad comments for this scent, i think if you dont like it, just pass!!!

Chuckphilpott
Chuckphilpott

This stuff smells great. But you smell that great scent for 45 mins then nothing. I got this used for 30 bucks. It was worth a shot today will prob be my first n last wearing.

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

Gaultier discontinued Fleur du Mâle for this?

This opens with a blast that is reminiscent of stale sweat (not even an interesting BO note like Cartier Declaration Essence) then dries to a boring mint and lavender scent. Projection is poor.

For a flanker, there's nothing here that recalls the original other than the bottle. Consider this "Le Neutered Male".

Soturj

This is terribly disappointing. It didn't even smell like quality, even worse, it smelt generic.

Daniel.Friedrich42
Daniel.Friedrich42

Mint, Lavender and Musk. Nothing more to it to my nose.

Comes across very stuffy and not fresh to my nose. Probably because the lavender feels very,very synthetic and cheap.

Longevity is about 1-2 hours on my skin and it doesn't project more than about 20-30cm even freshly sprayed. Bad performance.

This stuff is bad and i can totally see why it catches dust on the shelves around here.

Not a big fan of the original Le Male but at least it is a well constructed scent, but this here is just a trainwreck.

Chri76
Chri76

In my opinion, only one word: cheap.
I totally agree with the two previous reviewers: a generic, fresh and very synthetic fragrance, certainly not for mature men, maybe suitable for certain teenagers who are often obsessed by this kind of advertising. What a bore... It's time to change... too much "reformulations" of the overrated classic "Le Male".
Out there, many original, fresh and amazing fragrances wait to be descovered.
I think (and hope) this fragrance will be discontinued soon like its "cousin" Fleur du Male (in that case the only amazing thing was the name).

Iris_it
Iris_it

This is very bad to my nose : I am quite respectuous of other people tastes but if my man wore it , I would really pray him to drop it : it is the worst fragrance for men I ever smelled until now as it gave me nausea .
I have noticed it has many dislikes and it is certainly not a surprise .

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

My experience with this scent is generally the same as bazil14's. On skin: cheap, synthetic, urinous mint aroma chemicals that smell quite unbalanced, upheld on a flimsy base of white musk. Le Beau Male? More like Le Peau Male.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

we are in a completely different world smelling the original le male that was a real perfume with a certain karma and credibility during the years ,if this is intended to potentiate a men sex appeal and erotic potential i stand astonished .... chemical means erotic ? in wich way ... this is an horrible ,incredibly sinthetic perfume i can't believe a mature and sexy man could wear this kind of crap ,imho another poor sibling of the awful acqua di giò

Tommy_
Tommy_

Well if you love JPG and le male (like my self)
The advice i can give you is Dont Buy This One.
I bought it,im very dissapointed.The scent is very decent,the longevity is not so good and it dont projects.In my particular case lacks projection and longevity,where the le male are monsters.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

"Beau," my foot. It's Mal. Pungent, sour and nasty. I gave it a half hour before scrubbing it off.

Soturj

I didn't enjoy the opening too much, but once it opened up, I really loved the scent. This fragrance, though, would have scored better in my book if it lasted longer and projected better. It stayed very close to the skin throughout and died off within the third hour. I can't say I'd recommend this… Wonderful scent, but it just doesn't last. I wish I didn't buy the 125ml bottle.

bazil14
bazil14

on a tester strip this smells awesome i kept the strip and it lasted a good few days so decided to try on skin before i bought and it smealt like urine qnd mint not sure if it was bad body chemistry or it clashed with the frag i was wearing but i do intend to try again as i love the scent on paper

Ups925
Ups925

Starts off very sweet yet light and soft. The drydown reminds me very much of Matsushima M0*C but without the apple notes. That explains why my wife also likes this one on me. I wear that one on dates, but may pick this one up too since its similar yet different enough. This one is a bit more masculine, and can actually be found in the States. I was never into the LeMale line, but this one is not similar to the blue bottles in the line. Very nice, classy, and unlike any other department store fragrance. Im currently looking for a juxtaposition cologne to wear with a day old beard to give that classy yet rugged appeal. This may be it. This would be an instant buy if it was spring or summer, as im not sure how it will fare in winter.

jaybear
jaybear

My father recently bought a bottle of this and today I got a chance to sample it. Because of the bottle design I have had severe problems taking Le Male seriously and with Le Beau Male things aren't any different. When I got over it, however, I was a bit surprised: Fresh mint and other herbs, then lavender and definitely some orange blossom. Actually quite ok. After some time of mellowing the fragrance becomes more generic but manages to avoid all severe pitfalls. Le Beau Male certainly is a summer scent but in my opinion it's not a terrible sin to add some summery freshness to a grey and cold autumn day with it now and then.

orestes
orestes

Nothing special! I prefer the original edt & fleur du male

lovefight1985
lovefight1985

I think this is very similar to Greenergy Givenchy for men.

Langridj
Langridj

Starts off super nice, agree with the minty lavender effect. But omg the dry out 2 hours later is vile. Smells like a combination of old urine, halitosis and a zoo. Beau? Really?

Scentrist
Scentrist

Full disclosure: I'm not really fond of the original Le Male, but given this has gotten a lot of attention, I wanted to be as objective and fair as possible in examining this knowing Kurkdjian's personal views that "this is not a flanker to the original Le Male" (Ok, fine, but why then use the same name and bottle? Nevertheless...)

And mint, sage, and musk along with lavender...the mint didn't work for me in the new Versace, so how well would it work here was my first thought. So let's give this a try.

Here's my reaction: WTF?!?

No offense intended, but there was nothing sensual or refreshing to me about this...this...really bad excuse for a men's room air-freshener. Not as bad as Versace's take on mint, but there wasn't much redeeming about this. Couldn't stand wearing it, couldn't wait to scrub it off, not a pleasant experience in all. Kurkdjian has done stuff I like, but this isn't among them. I think the notion of Le Male and it's various 'flankers' has now run its course.

Molko
Molko

Interesting scent from the new Le male, fresh, but I feel something older here or known smell. The mint and the wormwood prevail in it. Different from the original version, more lighter, although rests the same harsh and strength. Long lasting.

jotalopez
jotalopez

Though I'm not fond of Le Male, which I hate, have to say this one is way better than any of Le Male's flankers. Le Beau Male is a fresh and summery scent with a hint of the original Le Male's DNA, but much more wearable and versatile. IMO the drydown has a slight resemblance to Calvin Klein's Eternity for men, though kinda more focused on modern days. I don't know why LBM has so many haters. Despite the naysayers, it has potential to become a bestseller.

I agree with petranfx that Gaultier should move on and stop doing more Le Male editions. This one is a strange mix of weirdly spicy green notes that remind me powerfully of celery salt. Salty, green, fresh, spiky, unfriendly. Not a good blend.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A generic green woodsy scent which has a 90's vibe, most suitable for Summer and similar to many others..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1 hour- 10 inch projection. This is a harsh, green woodsy frag, with a faint mint-like twist which dies under the green woodyness...

1 hours - 3 hours - 6 inch projection. Lavender and musk come out if you look hard enough but in general this frag is quite linear and damp and IMHO nasty

3 hours - 5 hours - 1 inch projection. Dull and damp

5 - 9 hours. Lasts for a log time on the skin and towards the end it develops a character of its own. Close to skin

IMHO this smells nowhere like Le Male , but instead the same as countless other green woodsy scents including many from The 90's

Not for me

petranfx
petranfx

i think the house of jean paul gaultier must be do in the future somethink different and no more editions of le male

lovetribe
lovetribe

apre con la menta ma poi diventa subito vaniglia e resta come un normale male.
sillage e longevità bassi.
peccato era una bella idea.

ularewolf
ularewolf

I truly wanted to like this but alas, after a while of trying out the sample, I have come to dislike it.

The opening of this fragrance is very nice and refreshing, but in a floral way thanks to the mint. It's nice to have a fresh fragrance not be based on citrus or aquatic notes.

Unfortunately after the opening and an hour into it, the enjoyment fades as does the smell. It turns its ugly head to smell like a generic oriental base. I LOVE orientals, but this loses any character it may have began with. It ends up smelling like the disowned child of the original Penguin's drydown.

Longevity and projection also seem to be a problem. I get more of both out of Gucci Guilty Black, far more, than this.
Final Rating: 2/5

It had good intentions at the beginning but fell flat in the end in every department. I do not recommend.

Biophobic
Biophobic

crappy mint smell

jasonx
jasonx

What is this? Axe? Very very bad

tots_eminem
tots_eminem

OK the first thing I want to say is all about the appearance. The outlook definitely have the white color of Fleur du Mâle and the original blue from Le Male. This affect directly to the scent of this fragrance. Le Beau Male has a very young and modern start out. But after about 20 minutes the dry down totally has the flowery scent from Fleur du Mâle combine with a little bit marine-blue (the first scent of Le Male) into it. To people who had Fleur do Mâle, it just like the younger version of it, but combine with the classic one, it make a little stand out of the crowd here.
The fresh site of Le Male + the flowery site of Fleur du Male = Le Beau Male.
Not very well done, but it's totally a good job IMO !

jesslockz
jesslockz

Smells COMPLETELY awful. Especially if you compare it to the original Le Male.

dmirror
dmirror

Im not really a big fan of jpg le male i own it though its a bit sweet but this new one is ok I'd say its different from le male its got a good kick to it the citrus and mint you can improve the longevity probably by using the deodorant along with the body wash and after shave get the set at macys overall its not a bad scent PS use a scent free body wash to help improve the scent life

starburst1
starburst1

Well, i was able to get a spray on paper of this cologne and after about 2 hours i was able to pick up a horrendous scent that smelled similar to morning breathe... Not sure if it was just the paper but i don't think i would want to own this fragrance either way. Does not really appeal to me.

moniote
moniote

Water And mint ..no longévité at all ..merchandising at its best ! Stick to Le MÂLE

Oh yes. This is nice and so fresh for Le Male. Hardly any trace of the original Le Male until the cool minty freshness starts to go away. It doesn't smell too synthetic either. I actually enjoy this. My kind of Le Male for a hot summer day. There are too many Le Male flankers around. I bet if I wait, I could find it at a discount price.

antonpan
antonpan

Le Beau Male contains some of JPG's DNA, though it has nothing common with the regular Le Male. I do feel a minty opening combined with sea freshness, then mint disappears leaving me with a semi-sweet and semi-fresh orange blossom on a lavender base. The fragrance is not completely fresh, and it can't be named sweet or cool. However I noticed something animalistic in the dry down, so that's the best part of fragrance development.

Le Beau Male is not really distinctive smelling like a mix of everything on the market. Another one problem is low longevity (I do not feel the scent 10 minutes after spraying) and average sillage. Finally we have a common product for summertime, JPG and Francis Kurkdjian could do better things.

Faber1507
Faber1507

Hello everyone

I liked the smell, (each one has an opinion about that) but I need to comment that the PROBLEM: Longevity.
As comment before by Endymion:
"Unfortunately after 2 hours it's almost undetectable."
That is really true. I am very disappointed by that =/ 2 hours top, and I cant feel it anymore

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

I agree with doktor gott below me about best for summer but not quite a summer fragrance.

I think this is a tough one. There will be another summer fragrance this year I am about 90% certain so what would this be used for who will buy it?The intended market seems small for it on top of this it is not a summer price scent.

anyway for the scent it is different to the original le male however there is very subtle traces of the original in it. It opens up with a blast of mint and absinthe giving an ultra cool and intense ice fresh sensation.

Next the heart notes come in with lavender orange blossom and sage giving a nice coolish soothing scent that is no longer as intense as the opening. The dry down is a very nice white musk base.

Projection is good as the original but fades away greatly on me towards the end. Longevity is a good minimum 6 hours. visit my site mrproductreview.com

Doktor Gott
Doktor Gott

Interesting to see the divided opinions on this.

I bought it pretty much when it arrived in store and I've given it time before reaching a conclusion.

It's different, that's given. It's not Le Male, it's genetics are perhaps half-cousin twice-removed. There's a trace of the Gaultier DNA there, but this is almost like the relative that's moved to cooler climes.

And that to me is what this is, a cooler, fresher Gaultier scent. The mint and sage notes clearly dominate and it does stay quite linear. However, it's not an out and out summer scent, it's strength and projection say otherwise.

I'd say this is definitely a scent for summer when you don't want to wear a summer scent. It's also dependable and it's not idiosyncratic enough to insist on being worn only on certain occassions or at certain times. It's pretty universal.

It's a good effort but I'm not sure it's a great effort from JPG. As some say, it seems boring, but I think it's more playing it safe. Personally I'd love JPG to make another unconventional effort like Fleur du Male, but I don't think the current market would provide many returns for that. So instead, we have Le Beau Male, which in short, is a dependable alternative to Le Male, definitely suited for summer.

mshilov
mshilov

Nothning special... Like previous versions of summer cologne tonique... Disappointing

Shwets
Shwets

Got to say disappointed too!!

Cheap citrus smelling.

bp

As a first impression after I smell it, it seems to me that this Le Beau Male managed to emasculate the strength of Le Male.

I need to look better.

(Except for the Thierry Mugler and Loewe, it seems that all brands are reducing their perfumes for scented water levels to use in the bathroom .... it's really a shame. Think not only on profit and learn from the two brands mentioned.)

weasel
weasel

smell this today , what a disappointed , i will pass

SARARAMOS
SARARAMOS

I´m very very very disappointed.

themattsky
themattsky

This is awfully boring! I am very disappointed

Linden
Linden

Aromatic-green, with strong mint and lavender. This "Le Male" should have been named "Terrible" instead of the previous; a more fitting name based on the sharp/sour nature of scent. I was a bit impressed by how different it is from the previous flankers, that said, there's really not much going on here; it's fresh,cold, like mint-infused vodka with nuances of Joop Nightflight or several other 90's aromatics.

LSMUA
LSMUA

Jean-Paul Gaultier's Le Male is one of my favourite scents ever!

Worn since I was a teenager, every time I wear it it takes me right back to listening to The Smiths in my room, and generally being very stroppy and rather obnoxious (nothing new there then), but at least I smelled good whilst I was doing it.

Ironically, Le Male is now 18 years old itself, and has a new mate to introduce to us.

Le Beau Male is by the same nose, Francis Kurkdjian, and re jigged the formula somewhat. He explains,

"If I were to compare Le Male to a piece of techno music, Le Beau Male would be set to a rhythm free of bass tones, even more intense and profound"

A lot of people struggle with Le Male, to the strains of oh it's too strong, oh it's too much Lavendar, oh it's overpowering. I say to those, MAN UP! But Le Beau Male is a slightly softer, younger smelling version, and may appease the likes of those that find Le Male rather difficult to carry off.

Monsieur Kurkdjian has kept the majority of the notes in there, but moved them around a bit. The heady lavender scent that dominated Le Male has been given a backseat, and the mint has been 'overstated', and we are given an 'excessive dose'. This, we are told is because of its association with sexual potency historically, and has been rubbed with mugwort to really punch out the libidinous scent. Naughty!

Built on a powerful and addictive freshness that makes men hot, the fragrance stimulates the senses and reveals the erotic potential of every man.

Make of that, what you will.

Upon first sniff, it does seem like just another summer type scent, which incidentally is exactly what the frosted bottle puts me in mind of, but after a little wearing in, it changes to be more grown up, and well, a little sexier. A very cool kind of sexy in the literal sense of the word.

The lasting power of this scent is very good, similar to that of the original Le Male, and unusual for such a (hate to say this, it's just lazy!) 'fresh' smell.

It surprised me, I like it, and will wear it.

EXTRACT FROM THE BEAUTY PRESS on WORDPRESS

senilis
senilis

Tried it at a Shoppers this week. Not bad, very minty, which I like. It had a much more greeness to it, which I think the wormwood and sage is giving off. I might wanna give this a few more tries before I even think of purchasing it. I don't like it as much as I like the regular Male, I have to say.

Endymion
Endymion

I tried it today and it's the first Gaultier fragrance that disappoint me.
First, the bottle looks much better in the picture than in real life, it's not white like Fleur du Male but rather transparent white like Fleur du Male Cologne, but it's ok.
The scent: the opening is interesting, harsh minty freshness, not nice but interesting. Unfortunately after 2 hours it's almost undetectable, very close to skin and awfully plain.
I'm sorry to say that but L'eau bleue d'Issey Fraiche does this minty job much better and nicer.

1welshdevil

I was unfortunate enough to try this today, sorry guys i thought it was disgusting, even gave me a headache

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I tested this out at the drugstore today. Smells very generic and boring to me. Really nothing special. The scent is like a million other colognes out there right now. Something new and unique would have been nice. I'll pass on this one!

dozza14

Lovely smell for 2013, very clean, green and minty. Definite crowd pleaser and the best offering from Gaultier for years. Only problem is longevity, it only lasts a few hours and it is more of a summer scent although not a summer scent price. thumbs up though!

LeDop
LeDop

I hate Le Male line, except this one! Thick, oily mint.

lalelu
lalelu

lets hope not because luna rossa was one crappy smelling failure ..

jovejove

It's a very green aquatic smelling fragrance. Smells really good and long lasting. It's kinda like the tonic, but more intense and you can really smell the absinthe, mint and sage. Quite a nice musk dry down. Love this.

hernie
hernie

Imposible ser objetivo con el gran enfant terrible de Jean Paul... amo uno y cada uno de sus perfumes. Son la gloria. Francia y su dulzura dentro de un frasco...

I am eagerly waiting.
I love all the Jean Paul Gaultier products, and in particular all the Le Male range (in all its variants).
In this Le Beau Male, for now, bearing in mind the notes and the overall quality of the brand and the creator, seems to me to be an excellent scent.
LE MALE 4EVER.

jovejove

Regarding Anatolian's comment; that's because its a flanked of le male, which is meant to be a different version of the classic. At least when they come out with flankers, they are in relation to the original in some way or another, unlike other lines that should just create a new bottle entirely.

dozza14

I really hope it is a little different, different enough to really be called a new fragrance! Hears hoping! It could be a winner

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

J.p.gaulter perfumes produce in mint,lavender..etc.The notes are generally same.francis kurkdjian makes it same notes.But maybe this will be wonderful scent.

Le Beau Male by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.11 out of 5 based on 244 ratings and 77 user reviews

31.00 GBP
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male Eau De Toilette le 40ml
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male Eau De Toilette le 40ml
38.99 GBP
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male Eau de Toilette 75ml
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male Eau de Toilette 75ml
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE BEAU MALE for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT INTENSELY FRESH SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Le Beau Male
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE BEAU MALE for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT INTENSELY FRESH SPRAY 4.2 OZ TESTER
Gift Set 4.2oz
Jean Paul Gaultier 'Le Beau Male' Eau de Toilette 2.5 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE BEAU MALE for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT INTENSELY FRESH SPRAY 4.2 OZ THE CAPTAIN EDITION COLLECTOR
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male Eau De Toilette Spray 2014 Summer Edition 125ml 4.2oz
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE BEAU MALE for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT INTENSELY FRESH SPRAY 6.7 OZ
Eau De Toilette
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau Male, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Beau Male by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Beau Male by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.