Designers » I-K » Aromatic « Groups

Le Male Summer 2010 Jean Paul Gaultier for men
dislike

herbal
Le Male Summer 2010 Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures

Jean Paul Gaultier is presenting new, summer versions of perfumes Classique, Le Male and Ma Dame in cheerfully decorated flacons. The new editions are painted with stripes coloured in lively nuances, promising a fiery and colourful summer.

Le Male Summer Tonic 2010 is a man seducer among fragrances. Notes of ginger, mint and zhen shen create perfect harmony of this icy cocktail ideal for the upcoming summer. The fragrance is available as 125 ml EDT limited edition.

Ginger Mint Ginseng

Le Male Summer 2011

Le Male Summer 2010 Fragrance Reviews

jcastano
jcastano

If Le Male is a bit too heavy for you in the warmer months, the summer alterations are good to wear, even if they are inferior to the original. I hear that they're all the same every year although I've only tried this one and the 09 version. I admit that even those two are very similar. As a matter of fact, the SA at Macy's even said that she thinks the summer version are a waste of money and rip offs of Le Male. I guess she felt bad that I was buying it so she threw in a bunch of freebies for me and I was so grateful! Still, I had to have at least one in my collection so I went with this one and I enjoy it very much.

It's basically a watered down/watery, less potent Le Male with weak sillage and decent longevity. I know the notes variate every edition but overall, it still has the Le Male DNA. If your nose is trained well enough, you can actually pick up the other notes but they're certainly moderate to faint. I definitely get a hint of mint and ginger in this 2010 version and they're quite nice and refreshing. I also love the idea behind the "cooling tonique" concentration. At first I freaked out and thought that my bottle had bad juice because when I sprayed it, I immediately felt a cooling effect, similar to the coolness of icy hot, all over my neck and chest where I had doused myself but it turns out that this is what the fragrance delivers. Very nice for the the scorching hot Texas sun and best of all, it doesn't get cloying nor overbearing. As previously stated, the sillage is close to the skin but I get 6 hours longevity. I personally prefer my summer scents to stay shy otherwise they defeat the purpose. This scent is very airy and people around you will surely notice you! And if you're a collector, these summer bottles are very vivid and interesting to look at! I paid $60 for this summer flanker and it was worth every penny!

I love the original Le Male, however it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Le Male may be a little too strong and sweet for Summer. This is where Le Male Summer 2010 comes in, with a slightly watery and fresher take on the original.

I'm quite captivated by the mint note in this composition even though it smells like mouthwash at times. It smells like a blend of mint leaves, berries and sea water. I think this fragrance is a little more than just a diluted version of Le Male.

Of course Le Male Summer 2010 has some similarities to its predecessor, that being the masculine sweetness and its intoxicating nature. However in turn I've come to like this fragrance in an entirely different way.

It's summery and refreshing without being too aquatic, synthetic or bland. If smelling sophisticated and wealthy on a beach were ever possible, Le Male Summer 2010 certainly achieves this. It really could be worn everywhere and anywhere, perhaps even out to the clubs, seeming that it is still a very seductive blend.

The sillage and lasting strength are fantastic bonuses, really worth the money. I don't see Le Male Summer 2010 as a pointless flanker, in fact I think it was well worth the effort.

Le Male 'Ice' with a spicy, cool green feel...this is Le Male+Summer without a doubt!

I tend to avoid most of the more expensive summer releases because they only come in the large 100 or 125 ml bottles, and cost just as much as the regular scent they flank...and most lack alcohol-which can be a good thing, but it is the slow evaporation of the alcohol (I believe) that causes the scent to rise and develop. No alcohol (sans alcool) means basically skin-scent/body spray to me...

LM Summer Tonic 2010 starts , as I said, very cool, almost icy from the extra mint added. The ginger gives it some of the old warmth in a pseudo-sporty way and the zhen sen(ginseng, in Chinese)adds an interesting herby tonic feel to the originally sweet, smooth Le Male. If you thought that the original was nice, but a little too much; this may be the LM for you. It dries down the same, only lighter and does project less-but IT IS still Le Male: a quality fragrance that, though sweet, is very sexy and quite lovely.

Sillage: okay
Longevity: fair
Overall: 3/5

I love Le Male, and adore JPG...I just wish he would do something new and exciting for a change. Instead of yet another flanker of Le Male, Classique or Madame/Monsieur! Understood: Le Male can be too much in the warmest summer days, and a summer flanker has its place...but cut us a break, Jean-Paul! Give us something avant-garde again, and come down on those prices if you want more people to buy the summer scents...every summer!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

It's clear that Jean Paul is very comfortable with his original formula. I detect the ginger, as well as the mint but I can't speak for the ginseng. This is somewhat of a tease, as the early notes quickly fade. I would have thought with such a distinctive new bottle design, something distinctive and new would be delivered. Instead, you get a Le Male Fraiche 2010. The lasting power encourages you to walk around with a huge 4.2 oz bottle on you so you can constantly reapply it. I'm not trying to bash this, because I like it... but it was predictable. Let's hope for a better Le Male for 2011.

bwcw81
bwcw81

Yes, it is just a diluted of the original version. If you got the original, you can forget about this, longevity is ok, but nothing beat the original version.

Updates: Longevity is not great on hot sunny day! Only max 2 hours on me! Original Le Male last at least 5 hours!

billy.minmin
billy.minmin

very disappointed! it smells exactly the same as the 09 version. Too feminine and doesn't long lasting :((

vlada
vlada

not as great as the classic le male, but still great as it is quite similar.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺
First impression for me was absolutely at its unique and cheerful bottle.

The opening is very harsh on ginger and mint. IMHO, the drydown is exactly the same as the original Le Male.

Summer means hints of refreshing notes instead of a direct path to a sweet powdery Le Male :)

Cheers,
☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺

Le Male Summer 2010 by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.47 out of 5 based on 36 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Summer 2010 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Summer 2010, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Male Summer 2010 by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Male Summer 2010 by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.