Designers » I-K » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Le Male Terrible Jean Paul Gaultier for men

Le Male Terrible Jean Paul Gaultier for men
dislike

Le Male Terrible Jean Paul Gaultier for men Pictures

Le Male Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. Le Male Terrible was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard. Top notes are grapefruit and pink pepper; middle notes are lavender and vetyver; base notes are amber and vanille.

Grapefruit Pink Pepper

Lavender vetyver

Amber Vanille

Le Male

Le Male Terrible Fragrance Reviews

iMaverick
iMaverick

Terrible!?! Pas du tout! Seriously, in the past I had a hard time with the Original Le Male. I've avoided it along with its double-digit incarnations, the original now about 20 years old, most of which are just bottle design changes and Summer editions, but I just couldn't get into this scent. The impressions I always get when I smell it is that it's not for me. The visions I get in my head is always a man with a taste for irreverance, wears it because he thinks he'll get some sex if he wears it. And the desperation is proportionate with the amount he puts on. That being said, Le Male Original is a BIG scent. Very heavy, with aromatic notes that barely livens it up. The vanilla-tonka notes are thick and syrupy. My lungs close up just thinking about it. It hangs out in the era of Lolita Lempicka. Somehow I can relate to Lolita, but Le Male is definitely the L'enfant Terrible!

But now I have to shut my mouth with the creation of Terrible. People are panning it because it just does not rise up to the grandiosity of the original and expressing an overall yuck with the scent and I really don't know why because I don't smell yuck at all.

I'm actually intrigued with Terrible. The Le Male notes finally breathe because the thickness is gone. The vanilla sings, there's no overdose of tonka, the scent is further lifted with a vetiver note, the spicy notes are just right. Geez, this is a relief for me, because I've always wanted to wear Le Male, and now, I can wear it, in a Terrible way.

They call this an EdT Extreme. The scent does last, more or less just as long as the original, but thank goodness it's not like being a walking vanilla-tonka bomb. It wears closer to the skin. The scent starts off much like the original, perhaps maybe not as minty, though I never thought of mint to be there unless I focused on it when smelling the original. I never liked the original's development, where it just goes deeper and deeper, and my head just got sicker and sicker. Terrible moves from the original, and settles to a point where the notes meet at a perfect pitch of light aromatics, wood, vanilla and overall sweetness and muskiness. I can't stop sniffing my wrist. No vulgarity, just a soft, almost playful allure.

I think I would have just avoided Le Male in general if it weren't for the fact the Terrible was available at a discount store for less than half the price. I didn't even realize this was a different formulation because the notes seem to be the same as the original. Only difference is that it seems to be slightly differently arranged and definitely less caloric. I'm all in with this version!

dzikae
dzikae

Ohhhhh my. the first spray is as terrible as the name offensive!!! and not in an attractive way. A*Men is offensive but in a attractive kinda way. the dry down though is a tad bit nice and lingers on forever...blind buy

headofstate
headofstate

Berated and chastised when in came out in Europe across the board by critics and experts a few years ago, shocked to see not just a sprinkling of positive reviews but a landslide of overwhelming praise for this obvious under-performer.
This is NICE. In the sense that JPG's Le Male Terrible (Tehr-eeb; youtubers) is rather pleasant in its soft and uplifting grapefruit and pink pepper on top that creates a rather summery and light feel when placed into the standard lavender and vanilla concept of the original landmark release. That's where comparisons to the original should cease. This is a nice permanent substitute for the overkill of bland and poorly crafted summer limited editions that have been thrown at us for years with similar formulas and arrangements, with maybe a mint note here or a spicy note there to give it a new personality and rob you of your hard-earned $65 while giving you 3-5 hours of rehashed blandness and a nice bottle for the top of your dresser drawer. Consider it a donation to Jean Paul Gaultier's future political ambitions and current television career in France.
Sure, the bottle is beautiful and if you are a compulsive collector of all things JPG than this will be purchased simply because it is Le Male related and part of a well-thought out Bad and Good Boy marketing campaign that ended in Le Beau Male's release awhile back. But for your average Joe Blow and Joe Six Pack reading this, is this worth your time and money?
No, not really. Unless you are entertaining the prospect of buying one of JPG's summer releases.. If that's the case then yes, you are simply better off buying this, because it's perfect for mild climates and the heat in spring, summer and early fall and performs a bit better and has a very relaxing and uplifting accord to it. This is rather unisex, on women this comes alive a bit more in my opinion than on men. There isn't a lot of development here. What you get is mostly a lively grapefruit and luscious pink peppery organic top that is quite fun and unique at first, a real novelty. But it dries-down into a rather bland vanilla, amber (there's a lot more amber here than what people are saying) lavender and citrus scent with the pink-pepper making way for the amber after about an hour.
Those of you expecting any of the oriental loudness and excitement of the original will be extremely disappointed. Those of you even expecting an oriental will be rather disappointed once the dry-down arrives. This doesn't have much personality, period. It's too weak, the whole construction fails to hold up the heart or the base.
Projection is rather weak on my skin every time I wear this, no matter the weather or climate. I also don't get spectacular longevity. I get around six hours almost every-time and during much of the dry-down the scent stays very close to the skin. Projection for me is lightly moderate and then soft after about 30-45 minutes all the way until the end. I think the people here saying this gets incredible projection and longevity are spraying it 6-8 times minimum and re-applying it again every couple of hours.
I know it isn't popular on this board to ever criticize or insinuate a JPG release is not as good as advertised because of the intense loyalty of many to the original, but let's be honest; this is pleasant but completely non-essential stuff. Terrible is NICE, like elevator music on a brief trip up the 7th floor, but nothing more than a novelty and a product of a smart and smug marketing campaign than a sincere attempt by JPG to honor the legacy of the original. This is great if you like the summer limited edition release but want the option to buy it anytime, anywhere. You'll get the same thing in this that you got in those but with that nice grapefruit on top. But given how poorly this consistently performs despite it's nice, inoffensive blandness, I wouldn't suggest this to anyone but the over-obsessive collector or fans of nice bottles.

johannbale
johannbale

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS, I smell a very weak Vanilla. Weird, very minty on its opening. It reminds me of a toothpaste. The dry down produced the smells ala Dior Fahrenheit 32 which was one of my favorite for its strong projection, but seriously this JPG LMT is not my cup of tea.

scent 5/10
sillage 4/10
longevity 5/10

Blind buys? Possibilities for a big regret!

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I love the original Le Male, and I had to get this one, as well. I also love grapefruit, so how could I resist this juice? The opening is citrusy, and I can really smell the pink pepper, too. Then, it dries down to sweet lavender and vanilla. It has less of the "dirtiness" of the original Le Male, which I think was given by the caraway note, or something. It was a dusty, almost sweaty and woody accord that was perfect in the fragrance, but that I could do without. This juice is somewhat lighter and sweeter. It doesn't project as much as his big brother. I can kind of smell grapefruit in the drydown, too, which is a nice twist. I still absolutely love the original Le Male, and will keep wearing it, but I'm glad I've got this one as well.
I actually agree with those who've said they detect a liquorice-like kind of accord. This is less powdery than the original, and dare I say, even sexier in some respects.

By the way, I know that quite a few reviewers have mentioned a sweaty/saliva note in this fragrance. Personally, I'm extremely sensitive to BO, and I don't detect the slightest hint of sweat or saliva in this. It smells very clean to me.

Also, a word of warning... this might not last long or project much on skin, but on clothes it lasts much longer, and projects like crazy. I recommend two sprays maximum if you spray it on your clothes, or it will become cloying.

jose1213
jose1213

Le male terrible, is actually for me terrible in the beginning, but when it dries, it smells cool, is not my favorite, but is a good one, when it dries off.

Molko
Molko

I feel this like Fleur du male with vanilla, not as bold as the original Le male, lighter and more wearable, doesn't project a lot, on dry skin lasts 4-5 hours. The original Le male is a masterpiece, Terrible is nor bad, neither excellent, quite good.

class
class

This is a top-notch juice, it gives a moderate trail and carries a long longevity. I would like to try some of Jean Paul's other le male's also.

dmdl669
dmdl669

the name says it all

le male is one of the all time best. with that said le male terrible is ........ terrible. I mean it smells the same , same note and everything but the balance is all jacked up and wrong.

think of driving a brand new car "le male". then think of driving the same brand new car on 4 flat tires "le male terrible"

Smyle12
Smyle12

This iteration of Le Male is called "Terrible", because, after the initial burst of grapefruit and pink pepper, it smells that way ...intentionally! It reeks like an abomination but that's all part of it's game. The reason I love this fragrance so much is because after about 30 minutes or so, a complete metamorphosis, much in line with that of "The Dreamer", by Versace, occurs. This is we're the sheer brilliance of this fragrance lies. Before long, the filthy, dirty, loud, obnoxious, bombastic, and nose-prickling, 1980's powerhouse opening dries down into the most beautiful, masculine, sensual, natural, dry-yet-sweet, woody, spicy, and delicious vanilla skin-scent (with hints of Le Male if breathed upon directly, as is bound to happen when you wear this!) leaving your epidermis awash in irresistible delight and fragrant magic for the next 12 hours or so. From caterpillar to butterfly, from ugly duckling to swan, from frog to prince, "Terrible" truly IS terrible, make no mistake about it. There's a razor blade slung around this bad-boy's neck for a reason. He's the macho guy who enjoys putting on a good show in public, but behind closed doors, he's the quiet, introspective genius, treating women with the utmost kindness and respect which they deserve; a man who, like myself, truly doesn't give a fuck about what the world thinks about him. He knows exactly who he is, and so does everyone he selects to get to know him.

So dynamic, and so representative of myself: I ADORE this juice... if only after about an hour. ;-)

OVERALL: 9/10

34THN13
34THN13

JPG Le Male Terrible.. Le Male, lavender, mint and vanilla-sweet delicious harmony. A masculine scent has been compared to his older brother, and I agree.. Base notes of vanilla under the rule of the gene. Although the smoothed and corrected for the summer, though still too sweet, maybe slightly windy summer evenings. The use of cold weather will be better... I think Le Male Terrible better than orginal Le male. Fresh Spicy notes in the Le Male Terrible so manly and so good. Longevity 4 hours in my skin, 8+ hours on my clothes. Sillage is good. When u wear this scent get good compliments your friends. Le Male Terrible, both the bottle and the name of his brother and the scent is quite similar to Le Male. In a sense, we can say Le Male, more streamlined version. Le Male was seemingly more straight mint vanilla, spice added to the state Terrible'a can say. In fact, the more complex and interesting in this respect was the smell of Le departs Male. In general, because I love vanilla fragrance quite liked it. I did not feel artificiality. A successful combination of spices and vanilla. At least as nice balanced blend of Le Male. Understated but attractive. Womens probably will love this fragrance ;)

Projection: 8/10
Sillage:8/10

I figured all these alt versions were just the same juice but different bottles for collectors...or crazy people!
But no...A very very slightly different juice from the original in this case.
Begs the question, why even bother? What a waste of time!
To my nose this has a different fresher opening but I think it's almost an imagined, perceived difference If you like this and Beau you'll like Le Male and vice versa.
They're all very similar and stick to a best selling format. I think it's a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.
What's next? A 'Le Male Masochiste' (TM)(BTW!) with an erect penis and nipple clamps?
I wouldn't mind that but it would probably smell boring too!

Broseph
Broseph

Perfume is Terrible! Winner is first Le Male.

petrus
petrus

Barbier terrible pas barbant.

Senteur 7.5/10 Il semble que ce petit frère costaud et amélioré du Mâle doive rejoindre son ainé dans le purgatoire des senteurs en passe d'être démodé. A revisiter d'ici quelques années car la combinaison me semble particulièrement bien équilibrée. Idéal par journée fraiche et ensoleillée hiver/printemps et par une chaude soirée d'été en terrasse.

Sillage 2/2 Excellent sillage si utilisé à bon escient.

Longévité 2/2 Tient 5 heures et plus.

Masculinité 1.5/2 Un homme sait se différencier, et le problème de ce parfum, c'est que son grand frère a été trop porté...

Evolution 3/4 Evolution relativement linéaire d'après mes souvenirs, mais pour un parfum aussi agréable cela n'est guère un inconvénient.

TOTAL 16/20

ameda
ameda

I found myself with a few minutes to kill near a well-stocked Sephora and decided to see which selections from my fragrance wish list I might take for a spin. Gaultier Le Male Terrible was present on display and indeed on my list, though pretty far down. After allowing my sprayed test strips to dry down I was ready to make a choice: Gucci ph II, Spicebomb, Polo RWB? Nope, I chose the Gaultier - the tester was more intriguing and complex than the others.

I was immediately sorry for my choice. What had seemed fresh and interesting on the tester smelled literally like death and corruption on my wrist, heavy with carnations, rosewood, over-watered fern, and some hideous chemical note that exactly replicated rug shampoo. Obviously, I could not go about my business reeking of funeral home, so I immediately wiped it off with rubbing alcohol provided by a kindly MUA nearby. And yet the fragrance persisted, like something from a Poe novella. Its miasmic ghost haunted me until I reached my destination and I scrubbed it off with a kitchen sponge and dish soap.

All of this is to say that I have never encountered a frag that so violently disagreed with my personal chemistry- and this from one who wears and enjoys that polarizing chimera beast, Mugler A-men. I have encountered others wearing Le Male Terrible (I asked) and it smelled attractive on them, so I'm sure the fault lies with me and not the juice. This is one I will continue to admire from afar, like the Fahrenheit brothers.

Beware the intriguing stranger in stripes! I generally love offbeat, distinctive scents, which this definitely is. Who knew I would have been not only safer but also happier with that pleasant but somewhat watery Polo flanker.

bonanza1
bonanza1

I sampled this today and the scent is GREAT I love it, but its gone before I can put the bottle back on the counter what gives??

update: I tried this again tonight and the SA told me that this smelled really good on my skin, something about my chemistry. The vanilla in the dry down is not as strong like the orginal this one is really smooth and not as in your face could it be that LeMale has become an office scent. As some have said "grown up"..

ssssharan
ssssharan

i have had Le Male Terrible and Le Male original for some time now .. but have lately started to prefer Le male Terrible...reason being - the original has started giving me headaches .. just with two sprays ...i love it .. but i can't wear it.

i have been layering both of late - one spray of le male and a few of terrible .

The drydown of LMT ... is yummmmm ... close to the skin ...yes... but still yummm...

ilovedior
ilovedior

i tested this fragrance at NOCIBE when i was in France, i was in love with it, a special grapefruit scent, very elegant, so i ordered a 125 ml bottle on the store's website (summer sales), oh what happened ???, it smells just like le mâle, where is my grapefruit???

murysusanto

Personally I think this has that sour smell, unlike the original Le Male which is sweeter. But I guess it's just new product called terrible. I still like the original.

Lausal2328
Lausal2328

Clean pleasant scent, don't find it too masculine or strong as the name may imply. Find it more citrus than vanilla. I am a female & I'm comfortably wearing it :)

agonista
agonista

Well...when original Le Male was created I was 16 years old....and after 1-2 years from premiere 80% males in age 20-30 and more had started to use Le Male.And in that times appeared a lot of fake versions of Le Male : Cuba for example/ I was young and didn't have so much money to buy the original so I bought the false version and I was the most happy men in the world -especially when I was going to disco club:-). Time was passing and one month ago I called this scent to my mind. I went to perfume shop and i sprayed it to my wrist - well... honestly I didn't ecstatic....It was too powdery , too sweet, too choking ...but the scent was staying in my brain thru the weeks and I then I have found - maybe one week ago - the new version- Le Male Terrible...and I bought it - it was clear "blind buy" :-)....but This is it!! Terrible has all good and unique qualities which old Le Male has - Vanilla&lavender&Amber and some new ingredients: pepper&grapefruit in the very begging and some vetyver in the middle of scent pyramid. There's no powder, less mint and it is much more "dryer" than original. It has much less femininity in the scent structure. it's real male scent - PERFECT SCENT. I think it's not so strong and imposing like original but its much more mature- of course the youthful soul is still there :-).

Projection: excellent
longevity:10 hours
Scent: Perfect
Overall: 10/10

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

smells similar to cuba gold. I get anise and powdery drydown...rather fem for my taste...not "terrible" but not my cup of tea.

jotalopez
jotalopez

Le Male Terrible and 1 Million Extreme are exactly the same stuff. Strongly noticeable candy-like accords and amber make up the heart of this fragrance. However, IMO Le Male Terrible is way better than the original Le Male.

CGV
CGV

Well, where to start...I have 150+ frangrances in my collection from niche to mass market but only very few can match LMT which smells captivating, inviting and stylish to the maximum. Guichard has created a masterpiece here, while of course the base was already there with LM, he just touched it perfectly. Its very close to Le Male but yet different enough to make it better and a true stand alone perfume. Iam currently test driving this baby only but the aroma and how it lingers around so perfectly fitting in a summer scenario, makes your mood rise and yourself shine. Simply irresistibly delicious. Depicting a laid back, yet elegant lifestyle where you dont have to worry about monthly bills or your boss screaming your head off. Pure Life Enjoyment. Perfect, 10 out of 10 definitely!

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

Man, I love JPG. I fell in love with Le Male ages ago. Stopped wearing it when someone in an elevator said, oh, that's Le Male isn't it? That was when it first came out and was very popular. Started wearing again recently and still love the original. Came to also respect Fleur du Male for it's distinctiveness (I can see where an insecure male woud find this scent "too feminine," but to me it's a perfect male floral scent).

Now, I tried Le Male Terrible (crazy name, huh?). Can I tell this is a JPG-Le Male scent? yes...is it different? Most definitelly. No mint; now pink pepper and grapefruit take a seat on the top of the bus...to me, this made Terrible a dirtier, more masculine version of the Le Male series. I love it because it's a JPG Le Male cousin, slightly different, but completely as wonderous. I would own all three (I haven't tried any others).

Those that say the bottle freaks them out...one has to wonder about them. What's the big deal, I say? Think of it as a tailor's suit model (yeah it has a bulge because we men have penises that bulge - is that what freaks you out so much? Get real, and check your crotch again...you'll find you have one of those too).

I love Le Male and it's brothers/cousins. They are delightful scents and always put me in a great mood. They're happiness in a bottle (yeah, with a bulge). haha
Try some on your skin first before you buy. JPG is not for everyone (just those that know better).

Legolas
Legolas

I like original le male,but this one is even better.. fresh spices and vanilla,but not syntetic vanilla,it started with "sharp " note's than wen he setlled down,its smell sooo good.. longevity on me,10h+,and projection is great,
10/10!!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Smells pretty much the same to me as Le Male, which is to say vanilla. So there's citrus rather than mint and some pepper in this - okay. That makes it "terrible?" Whatever.

It seems like an especially cynical and crass attempt at market extension to me. Once again, this scent, too, is nice... but that bottle. Nope. Don't want to look at that bottle every morning.

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

This is about 90% similar to the original le male. A lot of people say that is is a watered down version of the original but it is not really, there are slight differences. I don't think that this is as sweet or vanilly as the original. The original I felt was a projection beast that just shouted. Le Male terrible is different it doesn't project quite as much but on the dry down it becomes a really good skin scent. My skin completely smells of it which I really like.

I think this is a slightly more mature, more subtle less shouty toned down version which also bears a lot of key similarities to the original. Would only buy one or the other and bought this because its more unique every one has the original.

More in depth reviews at my website mrproductreview.com

mtlimodriver
mtlimodriver

Replace the mint in le male with citrus and you have le male terrible.

Better than the original le male.. smells more modern

Darrelchiavini
Darrelchiavini

Great complexity of smells mixed very well in one cologne, to me each stage of notes from top note to basenote smells like a different cologne. Top notes smell like a mix of allure sport and givenchy play, the middle note smells like prada amber with a touch of gucci 2 and the base settles into a vanilla warm note like spice bomb without the cinnamon and Tom ford tobacco vannile mixed with a creamy powderiness.

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

2 / 5

3gecos
3gecos

For me this was a great disappointment!After they watered down the original le male i've had great expectation from this!Yes,it's true,an ok rejuvenation of the original scent but far from jpg class expectation!Longevity and projection of an aftershave...!For me the Le male chapter is over for now!

terreri
terreri

At first, my inexperienced nose thought this was a cheaper version of the classic JPG....almost like the "smell-a-likes" you can pick up in Cyprus or Tunisia!! A few years later and rediscovering the range I find it a lot more mature than its famous older brother. Crisper, fresher with an abundance of peppery notes with lingering lavender that lasts much longer than the other notes in my opinion. Subtle differences yet vastly different are the order of scents from Le Male, that Le Terrible seems to clinch it for me when it comes to a 1st and 2nd place finish. Great sillage again from this range keeps it well in my top 10 all time scents. A common mistake made by people is that they think Le Terrible is an "intense" version of Le Male (as promoted) when really it's just a variation of the brand. Pound for pound they are equal when it comes to longevity, it's only really the top notes of grapefruit and pink pepper that blow your socks off initially but these soon settle down to a calmer, more warming level while the lavender and vanilla comes through in stages throughout the day -ala- Le Male Classic

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

Quite a bit better than the original Le male and I think the razor blade necklace is super cute.
Not my kind of cologne but very nice for a lot of men.

themattsky
themattsky

I don't like the original LE MALE but I love this one! So much better!

pepsi
pepsi

Basically a slightly edgy Le Male with a grapefruit opening.

The grapfruit mellows down to the basic le male scent with grapefruit and possibly some pepper in the background giving it a slightly dirty feel. The end result is more pleasing to my nose and more masculine than the parent. Still quite unisex.

ryanmorgan
ryanmorgan

I have always found Le Male to serious, I like playful scents or sexual scents like; Boss Bottled, Armani Code and my fave Clive Christian "c" for men but Terrible with a few more fresher, smoother notes made me fall back in love with Jean Paul Gaultier. beautiful and long lasting a head turning fragrance :-) x

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

This is a great and better alternate to Le Male. It definately have the soul of the original, But Terrible is just more complex, yet more sublte and versitile. Plus it is more individual. I love the twist of pink pepper. It makes it more masculine, and it blends surprisingly good with the rest. I think it gives it a licorice kinda twist, that is similar to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin.

hakkin
hakkin

Better than the original IMO... more modern and versatile, and the grapefruit opening is so much nicer...

jratico
jratico

To me it's be best le male!

kenney77
kenney77

I want this so bad it smells so awesome on my to buy list very deep and yummy love the opening notes they did an awesome job on this one

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

I NEED THIS!! I'm on a Gaultier kick, he's like my all time fav. frag designer every fragrance he has I love so no doubt I have to have this. thing is I seen this when it first came out only I didn't try it on my skin, so I came back to it a few days ago spritzed a bit on && OMG! immediately fell in love just like I did w/ the summer edition, there's just something about his frags. that tantalize my senses && smack me straight to into heaven. && I tell ya u can't stop sniffing urself to save ya it's intoxicating. It does have a very nice && diff opening with the very fresh && pleasant grapefruit, then agreed it just settles down to the orig only slightly lighter && I say it's pretty suitable to wear whenever...I LOVE IT!! :)

UPDATE: I have it, I love it, an enjoyable add to my collection. :)

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Much fresher, at least on first sniff, compared to the original. The grapefruit is very prominent and gives it a very citrucy opening. I like the original better - it is much sexier in my opinion.

murysusanto

Original version of Le Male is not so fresh like this one, still has the longevity.
I think JPG for men, although packaged seasonally, the scent is not so far from original.

I think this is my favourite from so many

gatsby
gatsby

Terrible NO! From the bottom of my heart.

buttertomato
buttertomato

I got to say that I smelled LM on my co-worker like 14 years ago and fell in love with the fragrance. I wasn't dare enough to wear this on my own skin even though i want to because i am a woman. With this LMT i found the courage because it is more relaxed. Wow right now this fragrance will be my signature for life.

Oli_Roche
Oli_Roche

My friend has this and I used his and yes, you can really tell this is a version of Le Male. The main difference is that this is lighter version of the original.

This is still a good scent but if you loved the original as much as I did then this one will feel a bit 'wrong', almost like you are cheating on the original.

Stays and projects in similar fashion as the original so there is two massive plus points.

Overall, a good scent but not as good as its Dad.

Results:

Sillage: 8/10

eldotjay123
eldotjay123

If you bought this expecting it to be different from the original, just return it now. I have both and have tried them both on each pulse point at the ame time.

It is virtually the same.

The only minor difference maybe in the opening where Terrible has a little bit more added spice to it and comes across ever so slightly fresher. Not that anyone will actually notice.

Buy the original, or this. Not both.

waine
waine

The fact that this blue man appears in different attire no less than seventeen times over the numerous years after the original “Le Male” (this time with a razor blade necklace) does not cut it for me.

With all these armless men on the shelves I would not know where to start if I were to try another JPG other than Le Male. This figurine is terribly over done.

Perhaps the next un-original release will see the blue man with chest hairs and a nipple ring.

creekboy
creekboy

I never liked the orginal Le Male.This one is the is great. Better dry down.Staying power is great last 8 hours on me!

ley
ley

y love it , it's start too much better than le male , and then it's too similar that's rigth , in my opinion this edt has better lonjevity than the original ,

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Solid proof that the Gaultier fragrance house is out of ideas beyond using its once unique and still instantly recognizable packaging to market cheap, synthetic juice to those who feel loyal to an old and ubiquitous champion, the original Le Male.
Basically Le Male Terrible is a trimmed down version of the original, with grapefruit instead of bergamot on the top and a spicy yet somewhat uninspiring pink pepper note instead of the more expensive cardamom that was so essential in giving the original Le Male its dirty and daring essence when pressed against the mint, lavender and vanilla.
The middle contains the same lavender essence and certainly the vanilla in the base implies the original foundation of Le Male, but the grapefruit never manages to integrate with the amber and vanilla, making it very cloying, out of balance and implying a certain cheapness and lack of attention to detail in the overall composition. The overall smell is very disappointing, somewhat unattractive and highly unrefined.
Longevity is solid at 8-10 hours and projection is not as powerful as the original but still has range. But Le Male Terrible may have finally shifted the tide in regards to the plethora of over issued flankers in the vein of Calvin Klein's One and Davidoff's Cool Water, as the Gaultier house finally did come out with an original (though not particularly impressive) scent along with new packaging in 2011, Kokorico.
Le Male Terrible is a cash grab to finance Jean Paul Gaultier's new celebrity TV life in France and is not a serious release to consider for purchase for any other reason that to collect attractive bottles.

khizer rauf
khizer rauf

In my opinion LMT is much more deeper than the LM,
WIth thIs i mElt mY gF more thAn that wheN i wore LM
ThiS OnE izFuLL Of X

dad hash
dad hash

Bought this today for very high price cus i was very pissed on some thing and when i am pissed i do such things to change my mood, got it for 55 euros the 75ml and i think it was a mistake as on my skin the longevity
is spotty and nothing special beside the sharp citrus note!

sushi.jelly
sushi.jelly

Yes, the opening is much more fresher than the original. But I think that;s how it loses its charm.

bp
bp

I love Le Male. Since original, Fleur du Male, summer editions, special editions and this one is no exception.
I want to have this scent. The only missing in my collection.
It is exceptionally good in all aspects.
Note that there are clearly some differences from the original.
For me, Le Male is a timeless scent in any of its variants.
Sets the triumphant masculinity.
LE MALE 4EVER.

renperd
renperd

Terrible smells denser than the original Le Mâle, with the pepper and vetiver making it spicier and darker. I think Terrible is stronger: a fortnight ago I bought both LM and LMT for the first time ever, and have been comparing them ever since. Smelling the spray nozzles confirms that Terrible really is more powerful than its elder brother.

Terrible reminds me a lot of Habanita in the drydown. It feels like a more refined, more sophisticated Habanita. They share the vetiver / vanilla genes. Terrible is infinitely more wearable than Habanita, that's a fact.

My belated enjoyment of LM and LMT has taught me to be less of a friggin' scent snob and stop ignoring mainstream, super-popular perfumes!

edooardo
edooardo

Delicious. A little bit more masculine than the original Le Male. In my skin, sillage and longevity are good but weaker than the original.
What I like the most is that it has fresh, sparkling top and middle notes and warm pepper-vanilla-lavander base.
Its so special !
There is a wonderfull note of GINGER Zingiber that is not listed!
IMHO: 10/10

sameer20021981
sameer20021981

Perhaps stronger and excellent blends of spicy notes I find very strong and heavy on top notes compare to the version of Le male original. good work .

WJ55Hombre
WJ55Hombre

I've had a sample of LMT yesterday..almost the same base notes like if someone smells it after 20 minutes on me he'll recognize it as an original Le Male..Grapefruit is really noticeable at first..then it turns into LM..thought it's sharper,younger,and more spicy..deserves a try..

longevity and silage are both very good.

Same brilliance by JPL.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Some similarity to the original Le Male but adds spice to form a great scent which lasts and projects well...

I applied 6 sprays of Extreme

0 -5 mins - Intense smell, excellent, a bit like Le Male with more, the more being impressive..

5 mins -2 Hours - Projection excellent - approx 2 foot around.

2 hours - 4 hours - Projection very good - approx 1 foot around

4-7 hours - Projects approx 6 inches. Gets a little insense twist in its drydown but still great

When my Le Male finishes then this will be purchased!

Quality

ssslus
ssslus

I am a big fan of the original Le Male fragrance. After the release of Fleur du Male that smells ( in my opinion) too feminine, I was little afraid of what I was ordering.
I have to say that I was "OK" with it for the first day, but it totally "grew" on me. Every time I wear it, somebody compliments on it and it stays on forever. This one is for sure one of my favorites. :)

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

I´m not a big fan of the original JPG Le Male but all I gotta say is that this is a more wearable version of the original, its calmer and still stands tall, projection is alittle less versatile,maybe thats why I kinda prefer it... the longevity is as usual (great) otherwise I think Le fleur du Male is way better than all of them... sorry if I have broken a couple of hearts out there, I know how popular it is... I heard its the most sold Fragrance in Europe if not the world hmmm... maybe its just me who likes swimmin against the flow hehe

marioslg3
marioslg3

In any case, I consider this as a more masculine version of the original. Starts almost the same but bitter. The two perfumes are close relatives although, terrible turns to be more animalic in the base notes. You can smell the vanilla from the top notes to the base notes and, the lavender and something else which make this more masculine and animalic. I would say that this type of animalic smell is similar to the one in kouros (civet) although kouros is much stronger. in terrible, the ingredients much perfectly and and are well blended. You can also smell the grapefruit and pepper in top notes and i consider that the grapefruit lasts longer than the pepper. this is a very good fragrance and if you like the original le male, you will most probably like that one also. I prefer terrible from the original as i see it to be more manly.

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

TERRIBLE.. I washed my hands 5 times in 12 hrs, yet still smell LMT!!! wow it's monster silage, better than LM.

To some extent it reminds me of something Naughty,lusty, and hmmm?!!

It's 7/10, and if there was no Vanilla, it would be 10/10

Bram
Bram

This smells almost identical to the original to me, but this one stings the nose just a bit more... It's a bit harsher. But it is a nice one.

armaniboy
armaniboy

interesting fragrance not matching my body chemistry.i would rather get the model instead.

bwcw81
bwcw81

Agree with most of the review here, I found it very similar to the original, except a fresher and sharp opening with slight citrus scent. The 2nd and base note basically is the same.

What I will say this is a reduced version of the original, but a much better longevity than the summer flanker version, it last 3-4 hours on my skin, consider ok. Is nothing new at all, so 5/10 from me. If you have the original Le Male, forget the rest of the flanker.

desmondorama
desmondorama

Sadly, this was a total waste of good money. The fragrance is similar to the iconic Le Male, but dissipates in literally 5 mins on my skin even though I doused myself in it while on holiday in the UK.

I actually had to respray myself with a totally different fragrance again before leaving the hotel room!

This is actually supposed to be an intense eau de toilette.

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

Le Male T. smells the same exact same way as the original , except the opening in terible insted of mint you get grapefruit. the grapefruit dissapears in the dry down and your stuck with the original le male. thats it ! the longevity on this one is shortet than the original on my skin. i get a good 10 hours with this. with the original i get a good 15 hours.

Projection:intense
longevity:10-12 hours
smell:good
Occation:casual
season:winter

yilmazg
yilmazg

This is very similar to but better than the original. The cloying mint and synthetic sweetness is gone and replaced by a very natural vanilla base. The opening is not as sweet. Grapefruit made the opening more refreshing and less sweet. 1 hour after application and Terrible smells like linden with vanilla. The sillage and longevity are as good as the original.

crossbow
crossbow

I love the original Le Male, so I got a sample of this, hoping for a nice variation to change it up a bit.

On first wearing, I really couldn't tell the difference to the original. The opening is strong and has that signature Le Male smell. However a few hours in and the dry down was just vanilla and not much else.

Before writing this review, I wanted to do a true comparison side by side. So tonight I put Terrible on the left wrist, original Le Male on the right. Side by side, I could definitely pick the differences.

The opening of Terrible was warmer and fresher, while the Le Male opening was darker, spicier and sharper, with the mint really standing out. On the Terrible, I never got any of the citrus that others are claiming, but soon the pepper started to come through, and the Terrible dry down was vanilla and woody pepper - the peppery note in the dry down was something I could not pick up when wearing it the first time.

My conclusion?

If you like the original Le Male, stick to the original. Terrible is like a "lesser brother". Why bother when the original has it all?

If you do not like the original Le Male, you won't like this either because of the similarities to the classic Le Male opening.

liam0225

What are people talking about when they say that this is that same as Le Male?! it is very different, more of an all year scent, you could even maybe get away with this in the summer, unlike with Le Male. the openeing is totally different, there is a blast of sour grapefruit with some vanilla and then pink pepper, it then graducates to lavander, vanilla and vetyver, still retaining some of the grapefruit, it gives Le Male a fresher and more lively feel, streanght, longevity and sillage are just as good as the original Le Male, this is always my choice for daytime wear, i see this as more suited to the day, original Le Male is more suited to night wear when compared to this

GinoK
GinoK

To be honest was very excited about this one because i really liked the Original Le Male but this one came out really terrible like its name, it starts as exactly the same as the Original then it turns into a sweet powder smell, it stays on body like an hour then it dissappears, do yourself a favor and do not buy this perfume, i repeat do not buy this perfume, if you miss the smell of the Original go and buy the Original, it is much better and stays on your body 6 or 8 hours, Le Male terrible is a waste of money, nothing else!!!!

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:

What ...the...hell....is... JPG....trying to do??

Its almost identical!! The only thing different is they add blackcurrant like scent in it.

And it changes with some grass-like scent, something spicy

And then its whole dam vanilla

What the hell is this?

One of the worse flankers I have came across

0/5 score

Bash me all you want, but this is my opinion. Seriously, the fragrance is AS terrible as it gets.

For the first time I did a short review.

guest_pippa
guest_pippa

it's good in that it's almost identical to the original. only the opening smells different.

vdxl
vdxl

A more subtle and at the same time intense Le Male! Not as sugary sweet or aromatic, but more an intense skinscent that lasts and lasts. I do not perceive any citrusy grapefruit note in here, but just some lavender, vanilla and pink pepper with a vetyver touch. Very well-manered and sensual. Even better than Le Male. I love it and do not need the regular Le Male.

Sektor_nl
Sektor_nl

I'm a bit disappointed by this to say the least.

Sure it's a very nice scent, sure the more lemonny and peppery opening make this new Le Male a bit "sharper" than the original, but basically this feels like nothing more than a lame upgrade to the original Le Male. Nothing spectacular, nothing realy "terrible". Maybe my expectations were too high, but I'll stick to the original

If you realy want a more raw, animalistic and "terrible" interpretation of Le Male, I would suggest buying 212 Sexy instead of Le Male Terrible.

liam0225

I adore this!! its similar to the origional le male but replaces the cool minty opening with a blast of sharp grapefriut and lemon, which get warmed up by the pink pepper, the heart and base is very much le male but stronger, spicier and much sexier, its so warm and something you just cant get enough of, this is definatley going to be the next fragrance i buy! plus you can enjoy le male with this ine without smelling like everyone else as its got a twist unlike all of the summer editions released

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

WOW! just sampled this today and ended up running back to buy a huge bottle.

All I can say is JPG has brought Le Male into the noughties. This is nothing short of amazing. I have always been a fan of Le Male and this is going to be one of my favourites now.

On the opening this has a massive blast of bitter citrus and pepper, along with LM's signature mint and lavender, it's what happens in the dry down is the amazing part. Gone are the floraly note in the beginning the sickly tonka note that everyone seems to complain about. They are replaced by this amazing vetiver note, this is nice and dry, when i seen this in the pryamid I thought, vanilla and vetiver hmmm this isnt going to work, but somehow they all tie in nicely.

Where the original LM was sweet and very 90's in its drydown, LMT is alot more masculine, peppery and dark.

I can see why JPG has named this the bad boy, because it's dark, broody and sexy as hell.

Lance
Lance

What a name!
It sounds more extreme, that scares me bc the original is quite extreme for me already.
But with this notes, I think it's not so extreme. So confuse!

Sultan
Sultan

no no no!!! the true meaning of this new edition is that the Infant terrible has gown up and became a very naughty boy. so I guess this one must be very intriguing and overwhelming. the bottle is classic and must not change i believe.
come to me! Le male Terrible! :)

Le Male Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.91 out of 5 based on 358 ratings and 82 user reviews

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible Eau De Toilette Extreme Spray 40ml 1.3oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible Eau De Toilette Extreme Spray 40ml 1.3oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Extreme Spray for Men
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE MALE TERRIBLE for MEN by Jean Paul Gaultier EDT EXTREME SPRAY 4.2 OZ
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible Eau De Toilette Extreme Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible Eau De Toilette Extreme Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Extreme Spray for Men
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible Eau De Toilette Extreme Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible Eau De Toilette Extreme Spray 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Male Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Male Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.