Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Ma Dame Jean Paul Gaultier for women
dislike

I have it: 634 I had it: 314 I want it: 258 My signature: 13

Ma Dame Jean Paul Gaultier for women Videos
Ma Dame Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Ma Dame Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Ma Dame Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Ma Dame Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Ma Dame Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures Ma Dame Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures

After the new edition for men, Monsieur Eu Du Matin, which has been available in stores since April 1st 2008, a new fragrance for women, which will complete Gaultier's magic collection of fragrances, is announced for September 2008.

If we do not count Gaultier's seasonal plays with colorite and notes, which are variations of the legendary perfume Classique, the last perfume presented to female audience was Fragile in 1999. Gaultier made a 9 year break before his latest edition, MA DAME (My Lady), which aims at younger audience and differs from previous editions. It was created in cooperation with BPI (Shiseido) and imagined as a contemporary sequence which completes the story told by Classique.

The perfume MA DAME was imagined and created as a fresh, floral one, and all merits for it go to perfumer Francis Kurkdjian (Takasago), who also created the famous Le Male and Fragile, just to remind you.

MA DAME includes sporty notes of rose, grenadine, musk and cedar. The bottle was designed as a transparent block of glass, coloured in pink, with an engraved sculpture of the legendary Classique. The outer package is white, with pink and black print. It is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml edt, with an accompanying perfumed body care collection.

Orange

Rose Grenadine

Musk Virginia Cedar

Ma Dame Eau Fraiche
Ma Dame Rose`n Roll

Ma Dame Fragrance Reviews

DionysusSeven
DionysusSeven

I had this and I absolutely loved it! I don't think it is available anymore? Atleast, I haven't seen it recently. It's fresh, lively, but also bursting with some sort of juiciness. If I ever see it again, I will buy it again. The dry down is lovely. It's a scent that you can wear during the day, and depending on the occasion, you could most likely get away with wearing it at night.

Mynotaur
Mynotaur

I LOVE THIS ONE! I can't get enough. To me, it smells like glace cherries. I see a lot of negative comments, but this one makes my mouth water! I've struggled to find it in store in Australia.

Sweelty
Sweelty

Smells cheap and nauseating... Not for me

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

I remember smelling this when it first came out and I thought it smelled like a citrus freshener you use to cover the odor of pet urine. Something in it was too sharp and metallic for my taste--so glad I only tried it on paper and not on skin...

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

I feel sorry for the people who've had Ma Dame fall apart on their skin- Many of my friends have tried this fragrance and it didn't agree with them either- It's an incredibly tempermental fragrance but thank jesus it works well on my skin and I get the full "Ballerinas in Leather Jackets" experience that some reviewers have talked about. This is a fragrance with a kick-ass sort of attitude. Like a cool-hip seductress with a dark side.

On my skin this is bright grenadine and orange with a very woody base. The cedar note is very prominent on my skin and it smells like it's combined with the rose note- almost as if there were a slab of cedar and roses randomlly blossoming through the wood with their petals being doused in grenadine and fresh orange juice with a hint of the bitter orange peel. It's a wild and almost chaotic combination that just hits you within the first few minutes but it does settle eventually. On my skin this is a very loud fragrance, I wouldn't call this fresh but I would call it very loud and very enigmatic- which is actually why I love it so much because it's hard to fully wrap your head around exactly what is going on here.

Overall this is a beautiful fragrance, there is a coolness, a modernness, an attitude, a carefree spirit and a youthfulness to this fragrance. As a guy I feel super comfortable wearing this- if anything it does appear slightly masculine on my skin, almost as if there were a leather note somewhere in the composition. The lasting power is enormous and the projection is enormous- one to two sprays is all you need!

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

I love most of the Jean Paul Gautier fragrances, so I was hoping this would be another one I would adore. Sadly that is not so. This is incredibly strong, almost too much so, and very long lasting. To fruity and way to sweet. On me it goes very powdery and the grenadine notes take front and center stage. That grenadine note is just too much for me.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Of course a "Gaultier Masterpiece" which was expected since I already own the Ma Dame edp appropriate for winter. This is a spring/summer perfume, long lasting and fresh combining citrus/rose/sweetness and presenting a unique aroma which will be noticed by many. The woody notes stand in the background without making the perfume at all heavy and suffocating. Lovely choice with a very nice bottle. Extra happy with it!!! True gem!!!

5354alice
5354alice

Oh, I much I loved this scent! It's feminine, but in a girly way...the perfect scent to wear when you're going out with friends to drink a fresh coktail, dance and have fun... Grenadine is the stronger note, and cause of it the scent is so funny and unusual!

fanhermes
fanhermes

Ok. I've been trying to write my review of this ever since I bought it, but I just couldn't make sense of my feelings towards it. I've been having this for a year now, and been wearing it on and off. My conclusions now:
-it's pretty heavy, smells like powder mixed with vanilla and some fruits, with a nice longevity and sillage;
-the bottle is nice, no cap, people, so don't bother looking for it;
-the EDT is enough, I think the EDP could be soooo much!!! Beware what you choose!
-smells in the range of Guerlain- L'Instant, but of course the quality differs from that point of view;
-I do not love it, in fact I forgot I had it, when it finishes I won't buy another bottle;
-quite safe fragrance, not unique or unforgettable!
I was not a blind buy, I smelled it in a duty free and had to choose between this and Insolence and chose it because I found it more appropriate for the season-summer! However I found Insolence more beautiful!

ginger68
ginger68

At first I must thank for the beautiful review written by Jitterbug Perfume Lover, I admire your grandmother, great woman for sure. I’ve nothing to add to this perfect review about Ma Dame.
This fragrance is apparently simple. It could be quickly classified as a fruity scent, a girly fragrance for summer. F. Kurkdjian is a great nose and I don’t think he creates something just to do something. Yes sense of humor and smile. Pink and non-conventional attitude. And above all, self confident personality, without being transgressive or becoming ridiculous. Ma Dame says “I’m what I am and I’m proud of it” with a touch of irony.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Unbelievable that this is an EDT! Its strength and longevity are amazing. It's not a love for me, but I do like it. It's a little girly and flirty. Great for a lazy weekend in the summer.

The grenadine stands out most to me. It's sweet without being cloying. Upon first spray, I immediately knew I'd smelled it, or something like it, before. After about an hour of hard thinking, it hit me that Ma Dame smells identical to a perfume I used to wear in high school; Lucky You by Liz Claiborne. It really does smell similar; however, it's not near as powdery.

The note accords are right on point; sweet, citrusy, woody and a little fruity. I purchased this today, as a 30ml bottle was on clearance at Ross for $16.99, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I also think the bottle is pretty unique.

BillyJean
BillyJean

I loved it when it first came out. I acquired a big bottle as soon as i had the chance to go through duty free. But I think that the advertising campaign and pretty bottle spoke to me more than the perfume itself. I fail to wear it. I never reach for it. I find the scent well crafted and the plastic-fruity notes unique. But putting the fragrance on doesn't excite me. It doesn't make me feel special or pretty. It doesn't comfort me. It never became a part of me.

I thought of selling it but I see that bottles of Madame go for next to nothing. So i sometimes use 1 spray on my girls before school as it smells nice but also so neutral that a 7 year old can easily wear it.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

On me, this smells like orange soda and face powder. It dries down to a slightly sweet, very powdery skin scent and then disappears completely. Not a bad scent, but my skin just eats it up so I can't find a reason to keep it.

katiesimpsonhair
katiesimpsonhair

This is the smell of Holiday to me, Hawaiian Tropic tan oil and cocktails in the blistering sun seated on a luxury gullet boat.

icecube
icecube

Something strange happens with me and Ma Dame.
It first smells lovely - but after a while I starts smelling swetty palms or armpitts for that matter -
repulsive !!
Such a dissapointment.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu

It was three years ago, when I smelled Ma Dame for the first time of my life and I immediately fell in love with this fragrance. I expected a strong scent for independent women because of the edgy bottle and I remembered the cool advertising with Agyness Deyn. But it was completely different: Ma Dame is very soft and light, fresh, powdery and sweet. Something I could not imagine a tough woman would wear. So this contradiction makes Ma Dame very interesting for me!

SuzanneEnnazus1

I think it's quite amusing that I wrote on the Estee Lauder, Modern Muse review page that I thought it smelt like melted plastic, and prefer Ma dame, Jean Paul Gaultier. Then somebody didn't seem to like my opinion, so came on this page to say the same thing about plastic that I said on the Modern Muse page. It's obvious they only copied what I wrote about what they liked. How sad. If you look at my review of Modern Muse you can see they copied.

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

Groooooossssss. Fruit soda and plastic. Luckily this was given to me, I'd be bummed if I bought it.
I have a bottle (without a cap) if anyone is interested.

nyalta77
nyalta77

Powdery, aquatic, floral, fresh, fruity.
Cliched blind buy, wanted try since I saw, in LT and TS's book that this is good stuff :)
Initial impressions, tart, sourish, orangey, grenadine combo, distinct and intriguing. Reminds me of "fizzy orange sweets and sour cherry short circuits" :)
I had a sample and would like to get a bottle eventually... It's not a fragrance at the top of my wishlist nevertheless "opportunity" will dictate when I purchase this fragrance, which is more often than not the case.
Finally observing the notes I only now realize what that unique blend was that I was detecting...orange and grenadine...a surprising combo!! I have had pomegranates before, I have not however had grenadine syrup before...hard for me to describe the smell as I don't think it was very fragrant, the taste was tart yet sweet... Exotic comes to mind, as usually happens with that which is deemed indescribable :)
"Classic" base composition, although here it's a whispering musk, a melodious rose and a well-behaved cedar :)
I find comparison with JPG Classique in that it is quietly confident in the dry down, the top notes hang about for quite awhile though, which is the key appeal of the scent. I am also reminded of Shalimar Initial L'eau, in the aspect of it being a powdery floral. I find the citrus notes behaving as if in an aquatic fragrance too...
Ma Dame is so far my favorite Jean Paul Gaultier parfum, as hard to classify as the man himself :)

odie
odie

Oh la la! J'adore Ma Dame! C'est magnifique et les hommes adorent MaDame! My father bought this for my mother and we 'girls' wore it too! Heck, even he wore it. MaDame seems to be a perfume that men love to smell on a woman, even if its not a winner with some women. I am truly surprised at the citrus notes though! To me I remember it as musky woodsy and something indiscernible,that was the grenadine I learned to day when I read about it in 'fragrantica' Hmm, a lesson in perfumes. Would love to buy one someday, I like it alot! Its sexy!!

velvetpeony
velvetpeony

I don't get the orange and I don't find this groundbreaking at all. That said, I don't need a fragrance to be innovative, just lovely and comforting.

After the initial sharpness and alcoholic blast wears off, this is wonderful! It smells like a perfumed version of Jergen's Classic Cherry Almond lotion. I really love it for this.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Ladies, say what you want about this fragrance. But it is certainly unique and original. If you want to be original and not a walking cliché, this is a great option.

LisaMari
LisaMari

sooo disappointing and generic. I neither like nor dislike this, that's how bla it is... with the face of Agyness Deyn to promote it I expected a lot more than this - it has a tiny hint of fruit and then its gone.

I love MaDame. A lot of Orange and a hint of Rose and Musk. Very fresh every-day-scent. Longlasting on my skin. I think MaDame is a great springtime-scent.

Jag älskar MaDame. Massor av Apelsin och en aning om Ros och Musk. Otroligt fräsch varje-dag-doft. Väldigt hållbar på min hud. Jag tycker att MaDame är en suverän vårdoft.

maria_aaa
maria_aaa

Smells like watermelon lemonade. Fruity and tangy. Nice and refreshing. Lasts 3 hours on my skin then I have to apply again. Good scent to have.

willbear
willbear

a very good friend wears this on her love it for some reason cherry comes to mind when i smell it

Alien101
Alien101

Smells artificial... Similar to plastic..

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I gave it a go, but didn't really care for Ma Dame. I can't even put my finger on what it smelt like that I didn't like, I suspect it was the grenadine that I had never smelt/tasted before. To me the fragrance was strange since it wasn't quite fruity yet it wasn't quite clean. There was something oddly powdery about it too. Just didn't care for it.

joan100
joan100

To me this scent is very powdery and reminds of scents such as the popular Flower by Kenzo. I love the modern neon effect on the bottle! Very enticing!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Jean Paul Gaultier MaDame
Thank God that there are people in this world who have such a vision and zest for life that simply knowing them changes you forever. They are rebels for whom the rules do not apply. They do, say, be, wear, and create whatever they want and you just need to keep up, keep an open mind, and stay out of their way. These are people who are born knowing that life is simply too short to take yourself so seriously, so you might as well have fun with it.

My great-grandmother was one of those people. She STARTED smoking at age 85 because she’d always wanted to try it. She said that at her age she could do whatever she wanted. We didn’t stop her. At age 91, she assembled her great-grandchildren in the living room and asked us to teach her how to pop-lock because all the kids were doing it and she wanted to learn. We taught her. She was ageless and knew how to have fun. I’m quite sure if she were still alive, I’d be hooking up her iPad to her XBox so she could share her selfies with her Facebook friends around the world.

Gaultier is the same way. He has fun with life, yet he honors and appreciates the beauty in all things. His designs are fresh, fun, edgy, creative and beautiful. They poke fun at ideas of conventional beauty while at the same time honoring it. They exaggerate, manipulate, and then break the stereotypes. Think of the bullet bras, dresses made from grass, and skirts for men. This perfume is the perfect example of what Gaultier did to transform conventional ideas in perfumery too. It’s a floral with a sense of humor, exactly as the pink neon torsoed bottle indicates. It has scents that seem familiar AND unconventional at the same time. Of course I know what rose and grenadine smell like, yet I’ve never smelled them like this before, and it has expanded my ideas of what beautiful really is in a fragrance like no other fragrance in my collection has.

This is the fragrance to wear when you live a life without limits, when YOU are the life of the party, the one for whom the rules do not apply. The world needs more people and certainly more fragrances like this! Thank you, Gaultier.

SuzanneEnnazus1

I saw this on special offer in Superdug and it was very unlike me, as I bought it without even trying it on. I think I must have been in a crazy mood. I wasn't sure if I liked it when first trying it on. It's very complicated, so that I couldn't decide what could be in it, but I did notice citrus which made it great for summer. I have grown to like it, and as it wasn't too heavy I would spray lots on after a shower without feeling self-concious.

I think it's a fresh feel good fragrance, with hints of leather to make it more complicated. Despite beng modern and young it does have French sophistication. It makes me think of stylish women who have outgrown being a teeny bopper, with good but daring taste in their 20s who might even dye their hair bright pink.

The bottle is gorgeous too. Just having the bottle in my bathroom makes me feel as if I'm in my daring with fashion early 20s again, but it doesn't feel out of place to wear in my mid 30s.

Chancer
Chancer

It might just be my nose, but this is a complete citrus explosion! The loud blast of orange, on my skin at least, drowns out any and all other notes from first spritz right through the dry down.
It's a synthetic, fun, summer scent that conjures up images of neon-clad 90's ravers or bright feathers and sparkling bikinis at a carnival.

It's not unpleasant but it unfortunately lacks the depth and elegance I usually search for in a fragrance. Ma Dame is brash and in your face and doesn't care about sophistication or maturity. She wants to laugh (loudly) and party (hard) from dusk till dawn and back again.

sugarmouse24
sugarmouse24

I love love love this scent! I discovered it four years ago, and it's still my absolute favourite. It's floral and fruity, without being too strong, and yet, it isn't typical of such scents; it smells incredibly unique on my skin. As the day wears on it becomes sweet and woody. I find it to be very long-lasting- at the end of the day it is still detectable. If I had a $1 for every time I have received a compliment when wearing this, then every bottle has well and truly paid for itself! <3

gashdown
gashdown

Unapologetically synthetic. Tacky neon tongue-in-cheek chic chick. Reminds me of how the rave scene and the cyberpunk movement were portrayed in the media back in the mid-90's. It definitely belongs in another era - an era were the 3D graphics of the Playstation were cutting edge, where "Virtual Reality" was a buzzword, where all sorts of brightly coloured pills were sold for 5 or 10 dollars in nightclubs that played NIN's "Closer" in loop -which probably explains its pathetic sales: Ma Dame, you are one generation too late. When I spray it on, it makes me want to put on a metallic blue vinyl miniskirt and halter top, smear my lips with silver lipstick and watch (and laugh at) the movie "Hackers". To me, Ma Dame is that retro scent of the golden years of my teens. It didn't exist back then, but it definitely brings me back there.

xabaras
xabaras

An interesting scent. I can smell watermelon and vanilla, as in a sweet summery cocktail. There is a hint of citrus in there which makes it vibrant until it fades. Then all remains is a floral sweetness making me think of a fruity vanilla smoothie. Different, but I can't use it in winter because it is too summery and I don't like to use it in summer because with the heat it makes me feel sick. I think of it as my shelf fragrance. The bottle looks good and I like to remind myself of what it smells like every now and again.

minalistic
minalistic

It's a perfect summer frag for me.
Nice lemony zest with a bit of artificial plastic-y smell. It's funny, funky, loud, a bit cloying, but definitely one of a legend perfume.
The bottle is also good, especially its color !!

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

It smells a bit citrus and sour when i spray it on, then it smells a bit like aniseed sweets to me, then only because i now know the notes a slight orange and rose combination a very cool summery scent but, a bit harsh on my nose if i keep smelling it too much.
I do find some rose scents have come across to be a bit herbal and like some sort of sweets.
I don't think this perfume is too my taste

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Mmmm, rich, long lasting and great for summer. Grenadine, orange and a hint of rose combine into a smoothly wearable scent. The musk chimes in hours later. The cedar keeps it from being cloying, however it doesn't distinguish itself as a separate note on my skin.

One spray was plenty. It's really upbeat and it definitely has Francis Kurkdjian' signature of note. Good for all ages.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Lemonade and rose water with watermelon. It smells very aquatic on me and rather strange but i would not say unique. I was looking for a woody base but i only got melon feeling. No citrus or musk. I used it as my evening scent to test it properly in home conditions. It became woody, yes it did but after couple of hours which indicates that's very longlasting. It might be wonderful summer scent but i'm gonna pass and make somebody else happy with that.

gulsen
gulsen

Very fresh, feminine, joyful, playful, lasts for a very long time. A charing daytime perfume. I think it is ageless since both my mom and i love wearing. I would definately get another bottle.

vatnsmelona
vatnsmelona

probably my all time favourite! it's like summer in a bottle and such a gorgeous bottle too :) my boyfriend says it reminds him of watermelon, which i guess it does now that i'm so used to it. definitely for summer day wear -i was recommended it as alternative to marc jacobs lola and i love it so. sweet crisp and sophsiticated without being overpowering. highly recommended if you like something a bit different.

lacana7
lacana7

in EDT version smell and sillage are amazing!

thazinha30
thazinha30

I bought this back in 2009 and used it a lot that summer and I loved it. 4 years later, I still have the bottle half full and decided to wear it again now that spring has arrived... I did not remember that this perfume lasted so long in the skin. By the way, after 4 yrs the perfume still smells great since I've been keeping it in a cool, dark spot. Anywho, I sprayed JPG Ma Dame EDT on my skin at 11 am this morning and 6 hours later it seriously smells like I just sprayed it on. I can smell it as I move around, on my wrists, super strong. Love this and wish I owned other perfumes that last just as long.

Napper216
Napper216

There's no way this is just an EDT -- it lasts over 12 hours on my skin and a good 1/2 days on bedlinen!

When I first spray it, I get a sweet but subtly raucous (That makes sense in my head!) syrupy vinyl note.

I tend to find that it stays pretty much the same on me the whole way through, although there is definitely rose towards the end of its life on me.
I can normally take or leave rose, but I like this quite a lot.

Do I love it? Not quite as I have other fragrances that suit my chemistry just a bit better. However, I do really enjoy and appreciate a unique fragrance.

For some reason, the song _Ice Cream_ by New Young Pony Club [Youtube/Spotify/whatever it yourself as I can't insert links] always comes to mind when I spray it.... probably because I associate both with being kind of sleazy but also fractionally "classy" and very sweet-tasting.

It actually smells quite feminine to my nose - again, in a somewhat trashy way.

Also, it's quite a heavy one so not ideal if you have a delicate nose, i don't think

dimplesg
dimplesg

I received this today as part of my birthday present from my hubby and I love it. It is very warm with a burst of citrus (not too much as I'm not really into fresh fragrances). I remember smelling it when it was launched and I didn't like it but I dont't think I gave it a chance because this is the type of perfume I tend to go for; sweet, sultry, enticing and different.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

Next to Classique another heavenly creation from Jean Paul Gaultier!

It smells so cocktail-juicy and powdery-creamy at the same time. Although it says there is no vanilla in there, after a few hours I find it slightly vanilla-sweet... Maybe it's just me. ;)

This is so well blended and delicious, still a bit cheeky but feminine.
Staying power is incredible (though I did not expect anything else)!

JPG really got me... Again.
Have fun with this!
Wear it on a date.

Inesis
Inesis

Wow, Ma Dame really is something! It makes me feel like a bad girl, a real bitch if you will. It's such a strong woman scent. No way is this for the cute or classic types.

I think this is much more complicated than what the notes appear to be. I can't even tell what I am smelling! It's so unique. It brings some kind of spice to my mind, but there's none in the notes. The longevity is superb and sillage moderate to heavy. It withstood even me taking a nap!

I really, really like Ma Dame. I think it suits my personality almost perfectly. The sad thing is, I am afraid that if I was to use this more, I would get bored. This is not THE scent for me, but a huge thumbs up anyway. Try with an open mind!

goingblonde
goingblonde

Another dispointment with a scent I have been wanting to try for so long.

It smells so cheap and by that I mean it reminds me of one of those off brand body sprays - one that is a combination of fruit and floral but the scent when you get a whiff of it is so un-appealing you rather wear nothing if it were all you had.
I like the bottle but am glad I didnt purchase this blind an only got a sample
I was hoping for a woody floral

pbluberry
pbluberry

I haven't tried this yet but the bottle I got in the mail spilled all over and it smells like almond cookies, licorise or anise. I can detect some rose and orange and is a little sweet smelling but overall it smells pretty good. I will update my review later when I get chance to wear it.

Update:
I'm very clumsy and I dropped this on the bathroom floor where there is ceramic tiles. A big bottle of this shattered and was everywhere. My BF is such a sweetheart and went and got a new small bottle from Marshalls for me that I will review later.

But the smell is awful in the house. Something about it doesn't smell good to me. I don't think I will be using it. I think it ruined it for me. Too bad, now a small bottle of this still remains in my possession.

doodoowap
doodoowap

It was a blind purchase after finding it quite cheap in an online store and reading the reviews here. I couldn't wait until it arrived by mail and I went to the perfume shop just after ordering it, just to give a sniff. For me, it's sweet and soapy due to the rose and the musk which are quite noticeable because of my body chemistry. I think it's like JLo's Glow with lots of sugar (but in a good way)

Now I'm in love with this perfume and it has become one of my favourites ever.

isabellacherie
isabellacherie

it is my favourite perfume it is very different which makes it unique and perfect for me, i alwais get compliments when i wear it and it is a very longlasting perfume, but i do believe it isn't a scent for everyone because it is very peculiar, i just adore this perfume.

Karmaluna
Karmaluna

I do adore this perfume.... It reminds me of musk stick lollies I used to eat as a child... Very sweet & yet a little bit naughty at the same time ;)

ShiningLights
ShiningLights

I recieved this as a sample from my latest purchase. I was expecting MaDame to be a very fruity, fresh and vibrant fragrance.

However when I sprayed this on myself I could smell an overpowering note of licorice/anise, which is odd since it isn't listed in the notes. It overpowers the orange and grenadine and makes the fragrance smell very flat and sharp, reminding me something akin to cough syrup. In the bottle I smell more of the fruity notes and it's a bit more zesty, but on me I definitley smell sweet, sharp anise.

It's very one dimensional to me and I would call it an "in your face" fragrance, however it is very distinctive and different. Because the anise is so prominent I would quickly tire of this though, and wouldn't be wanting to smell it all day. I see a target market for this but unfortunately this is just not for me. I don't hate, but I wouldn't wear it either. However I think the campaign is lovely and the flacon is great, and they both suit the style of the fragrance. Agyness Deyn was a great choice of model.

Overall 4/10.
Buy it if you want a rocker-chic, punk, shouty kind of fragrance.

cinema1974
cinema1974

Love this EDT version which I just purchased, wanted a sweet scent but refuse to buy another cheap celebrity scent or some off the wall fruit perfume. This is amazing and i purchased the EDT and it lasting and stays strong for like 5 hours on me. Very strange how well it stays on me because EDT often leaves early on my skin.This fragrance is an amazing sharp crisp floral citrus notes... It has such a different fresh sharp note that the notes smell of a sodapop with fizz...I love this fragrance it reminds me of Lilly Pultizer Squeeze but better! it has the fresh squeeze of a home made soda pop... This is not a fragrance when we say sweet fruity... it one of the only sweet fragrances that in a league of it own. If your expecting a Vera Wang Love Struck or a Paris Hilton or Escada sweet this is wrong place to look... MaDame is Amazing!

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

this is awright n,n kinda reminds me of an orange cream soda smell, its casual and simple, its one of those kinda perfumes Id wear to work or to hang out with friends or something

saharmt1
saharmt1

it smells is actually amazing!

angeldoll
angeldoll

This is my first fragrance from Gaultier ! This fragrance is incredibly beautiful :) Its fresh,creamy and sweet at the same time. When I first smelled it, I said Yummy. Its elegant but also playful. Mysterious and flirty perfume for ladies who love life...:) The bottle is lovely !

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I love J.P. Gaultier fragrances, they're original and a bit mad....They are my scent antithesis to Chanel, Dior et cetera and everything "posh" and 'politically scent correct'.

Grenadine is -normally- something I walk away from....in a hurry! It also has a slight Play-Doh vibe: Play-Doh is something I haven't touched since kindergarten...never mind that I would like to smell it in a perfume! A gentle rose got added and then there is this powdery note that acts like a bed for the drydown...Mad--Yet, in JPGs Ma Dame these odd notes seem to make sense, as they have a: 'semi punk, rock chic meets Banksy and sprays a graffiti pink heart on the front door of her secret crush' -- vibe, that is fun, cheery and manages to be pretty at the same time.
Now, it's true! This is a scent for a certain mood and not something I wear a lot, but when that crazy mood strikes, this is my pretty, crazy, unusual and fun French Ma Dame that I like to hang out with.

On me, grenadine is the opening note accompanied by that odd 'Play-Doh' vibe. But fear not, it will soon disappear and give way to a rose that is dragging a bed of musk. I am sure an orange has joined the party, but I think the orange jumped in the grenadine punch and is now an apparition rather than a clear note. It's all intermingled into a pretty, unusual, creamy and seductive drydown.

I can highly recommend it for your 'inner rock-chick' because if this scent were a song it would be Blondie's "Denis".... Unusual with its own type of class. Love it or hate it....I don't think she cares.

Silage is: "I am FUN!" -- Longevity is: A crazy yet pretty 5+ hours.

fdmc
fdmc

I also love this version of the fragance Ma Dame. For me the Ma Dame EDP s a bit stronger but the EDT version is also very good.
I love the combination of notes of orange with rose.
This scent is more a work of art from my favorite perfumer Francis Kurkdjian.

patriciar22
patriciar22

In my opinion, this perfume is too strong and cloying, and it caused me a headache. Horrible.

lollah25
lollah25

recently got it.. i was really curious for this one, since i've heard JPG has really good fragrances... i've previously sniffed Classique but disliked it because it's too strong and kind of warm for me.. Now Ma Dame has a unique, tender, cute and sexy smell!! Kind of a mix of everything i'm looking in a fragrance... lasts all day!! I've also recieved good compliments.. I also think its wearable at night or day! (BTW i live in a warm climate zone)

Raquel73
Raquel73

I bought one, and I´m wishing that it finish, is sooo strong,It give me headache :-(

yidansheng
yidansheng

anise, strong anise; vanilla. strong vanilla; cough syrup,very cough syrup on top!
Then it softens down to a lovely paradise: grapy mandarin and other citrus, dream-like floral notes(rose, neroli), and the ground-breaking woody and musky notes make it smell all compact and sophisticated in an elegant way.
after 20 minutes, the character of anise sharpens up with the soft floral fruity notes and brought out amber and animalic notes.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I just bought this today and really really wanted to love it. I love how it's in your face and sharp/sweet. It's a very original scent and people who are very familiar with JPG perfumes can recognize a vague vibe of Classique in the background. But this one is JPG classique spray painted neon pink and orange and covered in Grenadine cordial. this is very crazy strong on me, almost making me sneeze and bringing tears to my eyes. I feel I could have worn this like a pro in my early twenties but not in my early 30s... You have to LOVE sweet anise notes to like this perfume. Overly sweet musk and cedar are a really peculiar scent mixed together. I cannot say I dislike this fragrance, but I like it only in small dose for the original creation that it is. I wouldn't want to smell it all day. The bottle is gorgeous with its tiny bottle of Classique indented at the back of it! I also love Agyness in the commercial. Very good choice of model.

Soie
Soie

An exhilarating, neon bright blend of orange, grenadine, rose & cedar.

It smells similar to Coach Poppy after Poppy's cucumber note becomes less green and less pronounced.

Migalex
Migalex

This smells to me of anise liqueur. It is probably the scent of grenadine, which I do not know, but it is very very much the scent of anise liqueur,of which, when I was a child, a little glass used to be offered in funfairs as a prize in shooting and other types of contests. It is not a prize a child appreciates, and I did dislike this beverage and, for that matter, obviously its peculiar scent. Well, this fragrance is quite odd, and I say that in a positive way, because I do not know of any other similar fragrancet. I do not find it repulsive or very unpleasant (well, sometimes I do), although for quite a while a find it a bit harsh and aggressive. With time it does soften down, and gets pleasant to me (well, a little bit), but I am not sure I would wear it. I would need to smell it on another person to appropriately judge this scent, but my impression is that I would not appreciate it. The scent of alcoholic drinks, even though I do not drink alcohol at all, is one of the few gourmand scents I eventually find interesting or even very interesting. I have a fragrance by Van Gills, which is not listed in this site, called Initiativ, which does smell of a certain liqueur and does sort of warm up my brain and whose scent I do really like, but the liqueur scent in it is not as crass as in Ma dame, and is quite well balanced with tuberose, musk and other notes. It was much much cheaper though. In Ma dame I find the beverage scent too crude and really cannot understand how an expensive perfume can smell so unsophisticated (although I understand that the concept of sophistication is totally relative). Sometimes I think that if I want a really nice fragrance, I better search amongst cheap scents I never heard of and whose brands are totally deprived of glamour and forget about this thing of designer scents alltogether. Having said that, if there is a perfumer I do respect and admire it is Francis Kurkdjian and he obviously knows what he does much better than I can judge it. One must always bear in mind that everything in life, and not only our peception of scent, is subjective, and resist the temptation to believe that anyone else, however an expert he or she claims or is claimed to be, knows better than each of us what we should think is beautiful, good or appropriate.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

This is hilarious, for me Ma Dame smell like sport cologne in a luxurious way. Is that make sense? But so far I like it, make me feel energizing and fresh.
Great summer scent! also last a long time<33

andrelegnani
andrelegnani

I like this one.
It's a sexy, hip fragrance. Good for going out have some drinks and dance all night long.
A friend of mine used to wear it and we always had great times together.
Zara has a fragrance called Senteur du Soir that smells exactly the same though... for like less than half the price.

JessKat
JessKat

I love this scent! I usually love vanilla scents, anything dark and sexy - but this is just so interesting to me. It smells like a mix of black liqourice, oranges and fruity flowers to me. It is..energetic and enticing!

m4
m4

This one is one of the attention seeker fragrances for me. A big dose of musk and that´s something for my nose. I love musk. First couple of hours I smell just tiny bit of rose and grenadine with musk. After that I smell orange, grenadine and musk with woods. It changes from very woody to little fresh and I love it. For EDT wonderful staying power!On my skin it smells like bubble gum+musk. Wonderful composition for mysterious girl/woman who can be courageous,desired and sexy. It´s kind of sillage monster because you can smell it on a long distance. Big plus from me to Gaultiers house, that´s really unique.

Jarrah
Jarrah

simple but never fails to deliver.

mochiface
mochiface

I originally bought this as I was looking for a scent with a play-doh type smell and this really evoked it for me, a complex kind of play-doh. It is a very interesting balance, I do like this perfume, however it's not really for every-day wear as it's a bit temperamental IMO.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

So Wonderful! To me it smells like Bubblegum (but in a good Adult way) but i think thats the Grenadine! This is such a sweet sexy fragrance! I always get compliments. its sugary but there is great depth to it! I love rose and grenadine so i love this fragrance. If you dont like sweet then this is not for you. I imagine this is what a fancy French fruit punch would smell like. I cant put this one on without smiling. its a mood booster! it reminds me of that candy i loved as a kid "Bubble Jug"

Light enough and citrusy delightful fragrance!

Most of all I feel the orange, grenadine and musk notes in it. It opens on me nearly like orange zest scent only tender and a little beet more sweet.

First I didn't like this fragrance because after Classique I expected something more complex. But now I rather like this fragrance because it's nice enough.

vicka16
vicka16

I've got my bottle in the mail today, it was a blind buy, and I'm very happy with it. Ma dame is such an unique fragrance. Citrusy-sweet, bright, and in the same time refreshing.
The staying power is good, 5 hours later I can still smell it on my skin.

Jellybean
Jellybean

This is GREAT!
Fresh cocktail and flowers. What can I say heavenly scent:) One of a kind!
Absolute LOVE!
Perfect proof that olfactory buzz is possible!
More cocktail perfumes needed.

BUDDYCASSIE
BUDDYCASSIE

Such a unique fragrance, quite synthetic smelling but in this case its definately a good thing. Love it!

lat
lat

If Emporio Armani White never existed this little thing would be my signature scent. That being said, Ma Dame is what I wear most often as it thankfully hasn't been discountinued (like EAW has).

Amazing, powerful scent which is absolutely unique and one of a kind. The first spray is sharp - strong citrus, sweet grenadine plus that "vinyl record" feel.
As it settles, the combination is beautifully blended into scrumptious rosey-milky-smokey-musky smell with a hint of grenadine/orange which stays on for hours on end.

The bottle is oh so lovely and the entire feel of the fragrance is that of a a bit rebellious, but still classy and sophisticated young woman who can seem tough on the outside but is sweetness and light on the inside.

Definitely a try before you buy type of scent.

A unique scent, in my opinion. It really does smell like grenadine. I don't get a lot of citrus from this. It fades rather quickly, and I'm left with a smokey sweetness with a dose of soft musk. This mix of notes really works.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

Ok, this is NOTHING like Clinique Happy. I adore Happy but this.. not pleasant at all. Don't like the "fruity-creamy-smoky note" everyone is talking about.

But it is definitely unique.

prettifyourself
prettifyourself

I love this perfume! The very first time i sniff this I fell in love instantly. Its a refreshing sweet-citrusy, a unique scent. Glad i bought 100ml for this while 50ml for Ma Dame EDP lotion set- will make a review in a short while.

TRULY COMPLIMENT OVERLOAD!

***The drydown just like the 1st time I sprayed this. The scent lasts whole day. The bottle is unique & clear(like a block of ice!) with JPG signature logo.

Will I repurchase this? Definitely YES!

sugar_sweet
sugar_sweet

There is not a single perfume similar to this one (as far as i have searched around). Its even hard to describe- sweet but not like candies, sparkling but not like screaming, very youthful but very ladylike in the same time. It always improve my mood and it always goes hand in hand with compliments. And it is not similar to Madame EDP at all only the name- this resembles air freshener.

Takhaet
Takhaet

Awesome perfume. Lasting power is incredible on my skin .
The Fragrance itself is a rosy-powdery floral and fruit one . Sometimes it smells like rose, sometimes it smells like grenadine, sometimes like oranges and powder covered with musk and cedar.

Very interesting and sophisticated I would say. It really does make me feel like a "lady" when I wear it. there is something about this perfume that I can't resist. It is powdery and heavy but floral abd fruity at the same time -which makes it unique. It is powdery but fresh <3

Sassy1
Sassy1

At first sniff, this reminded me very much of Classique...the same soft citrus opening. But there the similarities end.

This has a more herbal tone to it with only the slightest note of vinyl. Not doll skin plastic cheap stink but closer to a "new car smell".

There isn't any real evolution or change after the first few minutes. It's just a soft slightly sweet powdery orange rose vinyl raincoat for a few hours.

I could take it or leave it...

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

Wow! Great lasting power,interesting and quite unique smell and notes! Juicy,sweet but with that kind of sophistication of a young and chic lady...
I see that some of you think it's boring...I guess I should learn what's a unique smell when it comes to perfumes!

LOOOOOL!

lalalala
lalalala

I often take a "borrow" of this from my mom..it smells so fresh yet slightly floral (i love the delicateness that roses bring to perfumes) and i the cedar wood completes the fragrance,brings some warmth to the perfume! Lasts quite a while on me too (5-6 hours):)!
Well done JPG <3

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have been wanting this for a long time but it was always so expensive so I have waited until it was on special. I always do that until I work out if it is a perfume I will wear and re purchase then I am happy to pay the regular price if I like it enough.

I have noticed people say it smells like plastic but I can smell vinyl like in the old records. Not sure what is going on there but that is what I can smell. It always smelled sharp on the tester card but as soon as I sprayed it on my skin it softened straight away and I could smell slight hints of the Classique perfume that Gaultier made. At first I didn't like because I thought bummer I already have that one so it smelled nothing like on the tester strip. Then it changed again and now it is a smooth citrus, rose smell with hint of powder. It reminds me of a more refined version of Kylie Minogue's Pink Sparkle Pop which is a little more powder but similar to me I think that is why I like that one too because I seem to like this sort of powdery, citrus smell. I can smell rose but it is not as strong as the citrus.

It is zesty as someone else said but it is not masculine or sporty if that makes any sense it is still feminine and classy. I also like Malibu by Pamela Anderson which is a weird mix of citrus with powdery, dry smell and I like Sunkissed Glow now by Jennifer Lopez. If you like those sort of perfumes you may want to test this one as it is the perfect mix of everything as far as I feel. I could wear it in winter or summer. I think it is strong enough too I can really notice it when it is on. I am glad I finally got this and I think I will continue to purchase it. It is a quirky little perfume how any one could say it is boring or bland I do not know but that is their opinion obviously but I think it is a well done perfume it is modern and fits the trend in perfumery at the moment but has enough personality to stand the test of time unlike a lot of others out there.

This is Jean Paul Gaultier after all he has never let me down yet. I think he makes excellent perfumes for those people who want something girly and feminine but not a perfume which smells like cupcakes or bathroom cleaner and you don't grow out of these perfumes you could wear them at any age and feel confident. They could also be signature perfumes not just "office wear" or "around the house" they can be dressed up or down depending how you feel. I don't think anyone ever smells cheap in these either although I don't really like when people refer to a perfume as cheap because I think perfume either suits the person or it doesn't a perfume can't make you cheap it's more your general appearance and behaviour. Long review I know, but that is all the things I feel about this perfume and the house it belongs to. Haven't found a perfume yet that I don't like by this designer.

ION
ION

This perfume's main charisma is colour (even if very strangely the commercial is in black and white).
It is a very fair olfactory representation of a kiss given to a guy by a cheerful girl with juicy lips, who's forgotten to throw the gum away!
It is not bad and technically it is even better.
My question is: "Do we need perfumes like that?
- This, will be up to you to decide..

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

I agree with someone who said it's (zesty sweet)I can smell the note of(orange peel)clearly here , it needs more warmth into it according to my taste ..
The lady in the advertisement fit the scent very well ..
not for me ..

varnyte
varnyte

Unbelievable that there could be a genius who created it.
Et on se prend le main...love the commercial, it is so Gaultier style:)
Kisses for Jean Paul Gaultier:)

acv43
acv43

I received a bottle of this for Christmas several years ago from my sister, a scent she had purchased nearly at random by buying what the sales lady suggested. at first i didn't "get" the scent, i usually only buy two types of fragrances day-citrus & fresh and night- dark & deep floriental ; so i would have never selected this for myself, however over time i have come to ADORE this scent.this scent is light and crisp and bright, i find the fragrance hard to describe, but the closest i can get is bitter orange peel and baby powder, with a touch of sweet floral. Since i started wearing this during the early party years of college to me it smell like young, not so innocent fun.
a close friend of mine who briefly was my room-mate has come to regard this as one of her signature scents just from trying my bottle.

this is just a young fresh fun scent! staying power about average

i might add the bottle is very beautiful and original. for a college art class i once had to make a drawing that symbolized myself and i included this bottle into the drawing because of its found memories and sheer loveliness.

LadyIris890
LadyIris890

There's something about this perfume that's so...unique. I absolutely adore the sweetness of the scent, but it is a bit powerful--only a few sprays will do if you want the full scent. It does last long, too.

brewelexa
brewelexa

I cannot tell you how much I love this fragrance. One time, I caught my friend wearing my black throw over himself, draped like a curtain. So I asked him what he was doing with my throw and he replied to me that he loved the way my clothes smelled. How funny, I thought. People tell me allll the time how incredible I smell, how unique, how indescribable, etc. Longevity is beyond imagine. The various heart base notes are immaculate. And all the way from the start to the finish, Ma Dame is an absolutely lady, all the way. Boy, girl, gent, lady...anybody who is into olfactory memories can indulge in this captivating delight. I especially love to mix it into my hair conditioner in the shower. Leaves my tresses brilliantly sparkling!

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Oh I love this concept. The bottle and commercial and the ironic name. It's very punk, but in a feminine, glamorous, humorous way.
However, I had expected the fragrance itself to be a little more synthetic, shocking and wild.
It's actually quite nice, refreshing and fruity. Light and young. Tender, really.
The grenadine gives it a slightly plastic sweetness, but not enough to make it shocking.
It's way softer than I expected, but then again, maybe that's exactly what Gaultier wanted to achieve. Maybe it's all part of this humorous concept.
I like it, a lot. But somehow I can't see myself as the kind of girl who should be wearing this fragrance.

EDIT: Ok, so I tested it again and I get it now, the smell of plastic. I still think it's a soft and fresh fragrance, but it's not as friendly as I remembered. It stays close to the skin, but it is very present and it might be quite repulsive for some people.
It's the kind of fragrance I think a female rock- or a punkstar would wear.

Fragaria

Second review on this, very seriously....this sure gets me a LOT of BIG compliments. I dunno why, and don't care, I'm loving the effects! It seems old and young alike are loving this. I hope it's just ME and it's MY signature scent! My feelings about this scent, joy joy joy!

kugkng
kugkng

Orange peel sqeezed on a bunch of pinkish roses something plastic reminds me Happy from Cinique end up kinda soapy like but in a comfortable way..fresh scent but last pretty long ..;)

Fragaria

What a wonderful and interesting review Hollie! I loved it and believe EVERY word but...it makes me laugh because I can't for the life of me smell lilac. I can only smell a little grenadine and orange, and that was with mention of the two scents, other than that, I couldn't pick one certain scent in this. I'm trying to learn and and keep trying to pick on that lilac scent your getting since I love lilacs. I do no agree that it's young, old, or otherwise. Most I can say is that I think it's modern, I think...but then someone mentioned Edie Sedgewick and I wholeheartedly agree on that too...hmmm...interesting scent! I like it LOTS though!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

peppery, sweetened pink, slightly fruity, softly rosey, and a touch of boozy, love it! smells sweet and innocent but spiced up with pepper. I adore this scent, so unique, but I'm wondering if it's a newer interpretatin of Lalique's 'tendre kiss'? without the incence of course

To the comment below, I personally do not smell any lilac.

Hollie
Hollie

I would like to preface this review with the personal idea that, to me, perfumes are in so many ways,like people. We all react to and perceive one another differently, as we do with scents. Even when the notes are listed for us, our personal history of ingrained memories have these preconceived notions of what we are smelling. Have you ever smelled a perfume that you didn't particularly care for and had no singular notes that stood out and then someone comments that it smells like something certain....and....BAM.....it does.....now that it's been suggested? Anyway.....I can usually find some redeeming quality in practically every scent that I smell. That doesn't mean I want to hang out with them every day or be their best friend. I tend to gravitate toward the scents that are controversial...the ones that people either love or hate.The controversy intrigues me and I tend to feel that way about people as well. Once in awhile you run into that obnoxious one who no matter how open minded you try to be, you just can't stand to be around them. I think we can tell a lot about a person's personality by who they hang around with ( and what scents they gravitate toward) I'm most definitely no aficionado but I know what I love, like and can't stand....and that can sometimes flux as well.

The thing about this perfume is that I felt compelled to try it because many of the reviews said that it was very "different" and many even hated it....like with WOMANITY ( which I adore.) Some said it was boring and run-of-the-mill ( which no one said of WOMANITY.) I was excited to smell the plastic that had been many mentioned more than once.Here's what I get:

Straight up LILAC. ( I know....it's not even listed as a note!!... which I can NOT believe!!)

After a couple seconds, I get a tiny whiff of orange but still heady, powdery lilac all the way.....like when you breathe a deep,full sniff right from the clump of flowers off the tree. I grew up with lilacs all around me....one of my Mother's favorite flowers so I know what they smell like. Am I alone here? Needless to say, I was surprised....like I said...I wanted to smell doll plastic and the strong, zesty orange and grenadine. Sadly, my mental association with this smell is almost spot on to the scent of that colored toilet paper from the late seventies and early eighties. Anyone remember that stuff? This is not to say that I don't like the scent......I do. It doesn't blow my skirt up or knock me out of my rocking chair but it's not bad. It certainly doesn't smell too young to me (like others have mentioned) but that's probably my brain playing tricks on me again. Sillage and longevity are mediocre on me. I'm still glad I gave it a try....a girl can never have too many "friends".

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I've been wearing this for the last few days, mainly out of curiosity because of some of the terrible reviews and the ratings that seem pretty evenly divided between "like" and "dislike." I sprayed it on before bedtime, as I usually do with an unfamiliar scent, and it was really, ferociously awful, syrup over plastic. However, when I got up the next morning, it was fruity and sweet and oh so good! Still a little strange, but good! Even my sheets smelled great.

So I wore it to work yesterday and today. Everyone who comes in stops dead in the doorway and takes a deep sniff. "Mmmmm, what is that? It's wonderful!" They tell me it's bright and fresh and fruity. I could easily see myself using this for everyday.

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

for me it is a soapy nightmare! i dont understand how people can call it fantastic, a masterpiece or different? yes, its different.. but just because another brand never would have brought it out, if one of their perfumes smelled as horrible... really just smells like pure soap! cheap, tacky, artificial, soap!

Happy birthday party!This fruity non alcoholic cocktail is amazing, starting from the bottle. Was it carved out of a block of ice? OK OK Sorry Mr JPG, I know you've made it for the youngers, but can I wear it a bit? Casually? It's so nice, relaxing!Joyfull. I can smell a magic wiffle around myself,as I move, as if a pretty girl was walking beside me. The opening is very fruity and that juicy orange is really sweet but not in a syrup way, despite the grenadine is marked. I can smell something spicy together (This note is not described). The dry down is very delicate. It sure fits better the younger ladies. The sillage is very good. Very noticeable fragrance. Lasts about 6h

nin-lil
nin-lil

A different scent! Francis Kurkdjian is genius.
Longevity...7/10
Silliage.......9/10
Scent.......10/10

CzKnight963
CzKnight963

i don't understand at all. when i was at singapore airport, i was bored so i went to the perfume store and test some, and i love it on the bottle. then when i arrive at australia, there was a sale so i bought it. to my horror, it smells like wet dog on me. i can't really understand the smell because it was so extremely different and horrible. in the end, i gave it to one of my friends and she seem to like it. perhaps, the perfume doesn't go well with my body chemistry.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Yes it smells like plastic! Like plastic from the 1960s, namely a blow-up Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. It's the ultimate Edie Sedgwick amphetamine-rush sci fi Barbarella futuristic optimistic chrome-tipped Paco Rabanne scent; I think the 1960s pharmacy packaging was meant to express that...also note the color and length of Agnes D.'s hair. It makes me think of dozens of authentic 1960s things but most especially the Hanna Barbera action cartoons like Birdman and the Galaxy Trio, the Herculoids, the Fantastic Four and Frankenstein Jr. I don't know what it would smell like to me if I didn't have all of the associations linked to it that I do, but I do. I do. And it's euphoria-producing. As soon as I bought my first bottle of MD I re-read Edie: An American Biography by Jean Stein and re-watched Ciao! Manhattan--while wearing it of course. And it was a a real trip. Diana Vreeland Vogue all the way.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

bright and with presence. tasteful and chic. i like it and enjoy it all year round, night and day.

wind83
wind83

First time i spray it, it is very light (orange).
and the flower and the last is the musk.

For the summer its okay. And to me even the smell is like same like another perfume.
but somethin from JPG is not a cheap. Seriosly!

lunamystic
lunamystic

Today I tried a spray on my right arm. Sniff sniff, yikes! So I went about my work, what is the wonderful smell in the house? Hold arm up to nose, blah not Ma Dame? What could it be, it smells sssoo good. Smell arm again, Wait a minute! Hold arm 6 inches from nose aahh there it is.

whiten
whiten

another perfume that I really like and find unique and yet my friend didn't like it at all. it starts with a citrus-rose and end with a beautiful powder-woodsy drydown. It is even perfect for winter/autumn, I think. but again, if I ever purchase it, I would want someone's good comment first:D
edit: I think it would be so perfect for winter/fall! thumbs up if you agree with me ppl!:D
I have the empty bottle of it, I think the bottle is soo cute. I also have a "version" of this perfume

riotgrrl
riotgrrl

This is a rather interesting perfume. At first, Ma Dame smells overwhelmingly of citrus and grenadine. For the uninitiated, grenadine is a rather sickly-sweet syrupy scent, like a pomegranate doused in sugar and left in the sun for a few hours. It's not unpleasant, just... different. A little overwhelming, but nothing headache-inducing.

During the drydown, the grenadine is still the most prominent note, but a sweet orange note appears along with a woody, almost nutty tinge to it. It's a little musky and a little citrusy; sweet, but not cloying. There's also a bit of an alcoholic note in the background, giving the whole perfume a bit of a fake sort of smell. On my skin, this isn't the sort of perfume that blends with my skin chemistry -- it's a perfume that makes it really obvious you're wearing perfume.

The colors of the bottle match this scent perfectly -- it's definitely a pink & orange type of perfume; a bit flashy and feminine. While I do like this scent, it's a bit on the synthetic-smelling side (I don't get any plastic notes, but it is definitely the type of perfume Barbie would wear) and a bit too flashy for my tastes. The silage and longevity is good enough on my skin, nothing exceptional.

All in all, this is a kinda middle-of-the-road perfume for me. I'd certainly wear it (in fact, I'm wearing it right now) but it's nothing I'd get excited about.

calyx93
calyx93

It smells to me like monochrome, vinyl-scented Barbie doll flesh with a touch of Tinkerbell perfume (my little sister's). You know - the kind of aroma found on the old Malibu Barbie with the tan-line stored in the toy bin with the Strawberry Shortcake doll? This stuff has a highly, purposefully synthetic presence. There's something about it that conjures up the "non scents" of Comme des Garçons - it's both highly individual and arresting, but strangely familiar too.

I certainly cannot wear it well, and I don't, but I appreciate it often by spritzing it on the back of my hand at home and enjoy whiffs of it while waxing nostalgic about toys of the 80's. How weird - huh?

Thumbs-up for those who can wear this well - I have yet to smell it on anyone else. Again - this could easily be a CDG scent due to its highly synthetic nature. I like it!!

maddame
maddame

It should have been my signature scent, with the name so close to my alias.
I don't hate it, but the orange and the grenadine make me want to wash it off as soon as I put it on. The drydown is ok, though.

Nothing spectacular. I used it for several weeks and gave it away.

perfumebabe
perfumebabe

Loved it at first sniff at boots, bought it online and now got it. I must say the smell is tad bit masculine and like someone mentioned it does smell like million by Paco Rabbane,it must be the grenadine in it. The orange and grenadine is too prominent at the moment and too bloody strong, RIP OFF! just waiting for the dry down if it turns out beautiful its STAYING if it doesn't its still staying i love the bottle :)

Norgirl
Norgirl

A nice floral . perfume . i have just tested this one and compared to Madame asu fresh . this on is a little stronger . les fruity.
they are quite similar but in this there actualy is kind of a liquerice feeling to it . not quite it.. but somthing thats reminds me of that .
I prefer the eau fresh over this one

It's a little difficult to review this fragrance seeming that I have a close friend that uses Ma Dame as her signature. It suits her very well. She's a bubbly, petite Greek girl whose personality can light up a whole room.

Ma Dame is unique just like she is. It's what I'd call a daring juicy floral. The floral note of rose is pink and pretty, however the grenadine and orange provides a zesty feel, somewhat alcoholic and wild at times.

It's a fresh fragrance, but that's not to say that it's reserved only for Summer wear. It could be worn all year round in my opinion. It's the type of scent that keeps you energised, particularly with its juicy sweetness and its almost plastic rose.

I'll be honest and admit that I don't particularly enjoy the opening of Ma Dame, I found it quite sharp and somewhat reminiscent of plastic and nail polish, however the drydown is quite beautiful. The base is sweet, powdery and musky, arguably the cleanest aspect to this fragrance.

Ma Dame is personally not my cup of tea, but on the right person it smells just amazing. I admire its unique composition and its applausible longevity. The citrusy tartness and the sweet floral accords really work well together in Ma Dame, and I was not surprised to find Francis Kurkdjian as the nose behind this scent.

Jennyke
Jennyke

At first I dont really like it,it was too strong,plastic-sweet for me,but now I adore it!.

jolla
jolla

I'm wearing this right now and i like it it's sweet and girly, but this is not a perfume for me... My little sister really liked this and i think this would be perfect for someone in her age (she's 15).. i almost don't feel any rose at all but for me it smells like orange juice with alot of sugar :)

diana_d
diana_d

I think this would be the most intoxicating perfume I have ever owned...but in a good way. It's an "alive" perfume from top to base, with just a little spritz you're covered in an perfume veil of intense pulse. For me it's energizing, powerful and modern floral/sweet-fruity/spicy. I find this to strong+lasting(on my skin) for day wear, so during the day I love using the more recent EDP(yes EDT is more intense than EDP),which is gorgeous but a little bit softer an more floral

Artificially sweet fruity grenadine, powdery plastic rose, and tarty orange makes this sweet floral fragrance for a truly unique woman. It is very sweet but not gourmand or dessert-like. Lucky to whoever can pull this off. Sadly, this doesn't work for me but still I adore the bottle at least and smell of this on others.

olga1780
olga1780

God, I love this fragrance! It is so invigorating, vibrant, and bright!!!! This is a female version of Allure Sport which i really like on men. Today, it helped me get through an hour of bootcamp with more energy and enthousiasm. For EDT the staying power and sillage are excellent...after 5 hours i am still getting whiffs of it. Outstanding job Jean Paul Gaultier!!!!!

newaddict
newaddict

Este perfume me lembra muito o Marc jacobs - Marc Jacobs. Já fiz o teste e usei os dois juntos e ficam praticamente iguais. A diferença básica é que no Ma Dame a laranja ou bergamota é mais fresca e no Marc Jacobs é como se a fruta estivesse um pouco passada, sem contar que o Marc é mais sofisticado. Gosto muito dos dois.

adele l
adele l

Really subversive for a main stream fragrance- don't be caught unawares MD is a test before you buy scent!
Opens up as a fizzy, tart citrus, very refreshing and youthful. The grenadine is nicely done here and not overly sweet. MaDame then develops into a very pleasant plastic rose with citrus undertones..yes it has a plastic note which doesn't bother me at all- it's supposed to be there. It's clean and pretty but a little off..I like it!

LaPetite
LaPetite

As far as i'm concerned , it's one of the very few "love at first sniff" that i had with a scent !
Again with Gaultier, very distinctive and innovative , using Grenadine , a very sweet beverage , but fortunately the scent is not that sweet , which would have turn it disgusting.
I'm surprised it is so much disliked :-( Nevermind there will be more left for me ! :-P
For a rocky girl who is yet elegant ! But i think it's more for younger women , it would be ridicoulous on mature women or grannies.

nagia
nagia

It is simply my all time favorite. It is unique, intriguing! Just purchased my second bottle today!
It first called my attention because it reminded me of something of my childhood, wich I cannot say what is the thing is, yet.
I completely agree that it smells fake, a bit plastic if you know what I mean.
You could say that it's a love it or hate it, but I'll tell you a secret, I dislike it. It does not smells like that fruty floral perfume every girl should wear and that's why I love it!
Ma Dame is a rebel. Ma Dame is simply wrong and that's the reason why it's the girl of my eyes.
It is a guilty pleasure. I spray it and feel bad, as if I were the naughty girl who ate the cookies, while the were still hot and before everybody else.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

It won't come off! It's binding with my skin & I get the distinct impression that I've been poisoned by Jean Paul Gaultier.

It wasn't terrible straight away. It smelled a bit generic and uninteresting, but it was tolerable. I actually caught the rose immediately and it was pleasant. Within minutes it turned strange. Syrupy sweet (I blame the grenadine) but sort of powdery. Like "Fun Dips." I wouldn't want to smell like an artificially flavored corner-store candy, so I already knew that I would never wear this fragrance. But then, things got downright ugly, because it started smelling like bug spray. The kind you apply before you go walking in the woods. I STILL stuck it out, hoping that something good would come of this. Maybe it would fade off pleasantly...no.
It just got to be unbearable. The fake, sweet, chemical scent was completely offensive. I scrubbed my wrist twice, and it's still stuck.

Nothing mellow or natural about this. This stuff is better suited for a Barbie Doll...no offense to those who love it. Maybe it plays differently on you.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

unique take on orange as a parfum note. Fuzzy, fizzy, creamy, orange, mimosa and musky cedar is what i get. a very lolita esque orange, def not a fruit punch parfum, more like an orange fanta complete with toothpick.

Fresh scent. First minutes its a bit strong, I think but after 20 minutes I start to think - Its a bit like Summer by Kenzo - (A scent that I LOOOOVE) Not totaly similar to Summer by Kenzo - but something in MaDame remainds me..
A nice scent to wear every day, I think.

En riktigt fräsch doft. Först är den pepprig och stark men mjuknar fort - efter 20 minuter börjar jag känna att denna påminner om Summer by Kenzo, inte helt lik men den påminner om Summer. En härlig varje-dag-doft.

njdeb
njdeb

This is a relaxing and uplifting, almost spa-type fragrance to me. It is quite modern. I get a distinct smell of sweet licorice at the beginning, along with soft florals and a delicate milkiness. To me, this is very reminiscent of Clinique Simply, but a bit more floral. There is also an ozonic quality to this scent, but not in a sharp way at all like some aquatic fragrances can be - more like a gentle spring rain.

Like Simply, this seems to be a love it or hate it fragrance. I, for one, love Simply and I just might love Ma Dame too.

Projection is medium with good to very good lasting power.

secretcrush
secretcrush

Yuck!!! Smells like mandarin orange marmalade and cheap rose soap... Very , very surprised I have yet to see this one at Marshalls or TJ Maxx...

guest_Angelic
guest_Angelic

I get a lot of compliments when I wear this perfume. it is a sexy scent and is unique. I smell orange and black liquorish when it dries down. The best thing about this perfume is that its staying power is excellent.

mery09
mery09

Modern,different,I think is for young women,not to sweet,it is one of my favourites,UNIQUE.LOVE IT.

Contessa01
Contessa01

This is awful. Sharp and very synthetic. I was surprised at how bad it was! Get classique its much nicer!

Misclia
Misclia

Strangely, I'm thinking of sweet-creamy-minty-cherry when I smell this.It's unique. Can't recall anything like it and that's what I love the most about this frag. It might not be for everyone. I guess it's one of those love-hate scent. But me,I absolutely love it!! Very modern and lively!

Jordan19
Jordan19

This is like a hip cool indie-french girl in a bottle. I think its a very powerful smell and it will literally smack you across the face after a first spray. It has this strong sweet smell that for me took a few hours to eventually settle down, in saying that once it settles, it is really really cool and the staying power is excellent. I know alot of people have told me that its to sweet and that its to chemically and synthetic but i think this is a fragrance made for a certain type of person- its not a fragrance that i think any person could just spray on. This fragrance has attitude and I like it

chiva
chiva

I smelled this last week on a paper strip. Before smelling it, i thought this would be a unique fragrance since JPG has always made real masterpieces...However, i was very disappointed to find this smell very sharp and synthetic.

omixochitl
omixochitl

On my skin, Ma Dame is very sweet and zesty in the opening and once it settles in my skin I get a lovely minty-like rosy scent. It's young, flirty and feminine. Grenadine adds a touch of gourmand fun (not sickly sweet). This scent smells exactly how the bottle looks like, if that makes any sense. It's a one of a kind fragrance.

Good longevity and sillage.

Rouu
Rouu

luve it luve it luve it, cant be much better !

i got my 50ml bottle of Ma Dame weeks ago and i enjoyed wearing it so much, so fresh,yummy ,sporty,modern ,and feminine
strong yet tender , i luved the grenadine note so much, strange fragrance that u can luve at 1st whiffff !
the bottle itself is so fresh and promising in light pink glass, perfect fragrance for a modern young playful lady :)

guest_zanamor
guest_zanamor

I got this perfume because it reminded me from a smell in my childhood. either a fragranced doll (like the strawberry shortcake range, or a fragranced soap, or eraser or something like bubble gum. anyway, I purchased it purely on that. it took me back a little in time. and I liked it.

SmellyBaileySnail
SmellyBaileySnail

I don't wanna offend someone, but i really hate this fragrance:-( Its the hell! It smells like cheap plastic mixed with brackish orange juice. But the bottle is cute...

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Attracted by the pretty bottle, I was quite eager to try it...
The first smell is very fresh, I smelt some herbal essence and it freshened me up. Howevr the floral notes was too hard for me to capture. In my opinion, it's not a very feminine fragrance but it would suit a boylish young woman very well, just like the the Ad vedio shows. The perfume itself is not my cup of tea, but I think the bottle design is refined and divine, I can discover every little thoughtful details.

minty
minty

Fresh start, floweral continuance... ordinary, not bad, not good either, nothing special. Tried it and there is nothing stayed after an half hour. It isn't disturbing you, but maybe this is because it isnt stay with you for a long time.

Annah7
Annah7

I tried it today. It disappeares quick. Just after 1 hour there is barely something..little powdery and sweet. Nothing special.

selinum28
selinum28

Luxury brands seem to be very aware about what young women would like, specially Chanel. Now JPG has launched this fragrance, using a wonderful commercial that has made lots of people fall in love with Agyness Deyn and also has originated a sequel, "Lady Rebel" by Mango; I don't know if they smell smiliar.
The first impression I got from Madame was that it smells someway similar to Un jardin apres la mousson by Hermes: a fruity note (the one of a watery fruit) over a much coarser base, woody and earthy. Then, instead of getting deeper, it gets just insubstantial, and I think that the one from Hermès, being more offensive at the beginning, is just better, although I don't like it. However, Madame is not "bad": it doesn't annoy, doesn't undress and doesn't rebel either.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

floral and musky at first, then settles down into something like musk and bubblegum.. an odd combo, which seems to work just lovely on my skin :))
EdT and EdP can be overpowering at times, which is why I like the Eau fraiche the most :)

Marki san
Marki san

I really like Ma Dame. Its very orangy, fizzy and fresh. Its a little sporty, it gives you energy. Ma Dame has a electric vibe to it, hard to explain but its there.
I think this perfume is at its best in a hot summer day so I cant wait to use it alot in the summer.
The bottle is a funny twist on the original JPG bottles and is very young and modern.

pearlprincess
pearlprincess

This perfume has a fun twist to the rosy scent that comes out, kind of like a little girl spreading pink, dewy petals with a red sweetness in the mixture that seems to laugh and giggle as the scent dances up and down from floral to sweet red fruit, hence the grenadine.

The musk seems to help the light scents stay grounded and down to earth so that it wraps around the skin like a satin scarf... absolutely beautiful!

Scent 8/10

Staying Power 7/10

Ouch!
Ouch!

I smelled this for the first time today, now that I have it and it's dry etc etc I can safely say that to my nose this smells like dryer sheets, it smells like clean laundry (Mainly). There is also an element of something else that's hard to describe, it's like a sharp smell that makes your nose tingle. I'm smelling this on a card so not sure if I'm getting the full effect, I really want to smell this on skin.

I LOVE IT!!

It's really cool, it's almost like a pearlescent petrol kind of smell with fabric softner behind. Sorry I know that sounds weird but it's the only way I can describe it. This same strange note is in "Million" by paco rabanne. I'm determined to find out what it is!!

geegee
geegee

When i tested this i didnt actually like it much at all, it sprayed on very sweet & was quite unpleasant to my nose.

However after an hour i rubbed my eyes & the smell that was on the back of my hand was stunning. Warm, powdery, soft & reminded me of a cashmere sweater hugging your body. It was just beautiful.

I had forgotten what id tested earlier on that hand & when it dawned on me i logged on to ebay for a bargain (none to be found yet).

JPG has a way with perfumes that make you feel like youre sexy yet delicate at the same time.

This one is one i really must have & i shall save it for the days when i want to be fussed over & treated like a porcelain doll.

Update.

Yup, i just had to buy this, i sooo couldnt resist. I wore it all day yesterday & felt utterly desirable & my fella couldnt leave me alone.

This lady is grinning like a cheshire cat.

movs
movs

Very unique perfume. I would describe it as an ozonic scent as there's something so refreshing about it. It reminds me of the smell you find on the beach on a cloudy summer day.
It opens whit a lot of citrus. When it dries down it becomes more fruity - water melon, I would say, though I guess it's the grenadine. In fact it smells quite synthetic.

I've had mixed emotions whit this perfume: First I loved it and found it refreshing like no other perfume, then I found it cloying and nauseating.
I think it is one of those scents that people either hate or love or maybe even both at different times.
You have to be in the mood for this fragrance.

If you like ozonic scents and are looking for something unique this might be your new perfume.

In 3 words: OZONIC - UNIQUE - CLOYING

guest_ellie
guest_ellie

love at first sight.. ahem smell.
tested both this and vera wang princess in a shop, few months later tested them again the smells brought back memories. both are my favourite, both amazing.. saving up!

*cough, cough*
/looks around
a little help mum!
;'D

mandashell
mandashell

Artificial and metallic boozy lemon opening that gives way to a cheap rose scented licorice. LOL! I just don't get it? Doesn't smell good at all! o.0 Sorry! It certainly is different and I've smelled NOTHING like it but in this case that's not a compliment.

Sissi
Sissi

This one is very hard to review a radicly different from the other
Perfumes it has it's own style that can't be compared to other Fragrances
the opening Reminds you of Palmolive
Aloe Vera Dish soap and then i can pick up some Licorice and very faint distant smell of mint it's for women who want
to go walk on the wild side
recomeded for summer and hot weather

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

Not too sharp, not too floral, not to sugar. Well balanced and young!Musk Effect!The effect of this not like a bomb but you will be shaked. You will say "hmmm, what's this"..

yvashche
yvashche

Strange, nothing smells like this. Not sweet and not spicy but in between. At first, it smelled a bit of licorice, but a few hours later I got a whiff of myself and it smelled incredible. I think it takes a little while for it to settle into something beautiful. The bottle is cool, with the organge glow, but kinda creepy: don't like the disembodied torso...

jellybeantree

I just won this at an auction an ebay, to be honest it is really a grower, it is good to add to my collection because nothing smells like it I think. It is the same nose as Narcisso Rodriguez for her(Fancis Kurkdijian)I really think he makes great perfumes! I am a fan of all jpg frags and I think if you keep an open mind you will appreciate this too! And if your skin chemistry allows you to enjoy it. Oh Chemistry... so important!

Update: This perfume is very easy to wear and smells great on my skin and on my clothes

cor metz
cor metz

Nothing special and there are allready a lot of similar fragrances.
I don´t like it at all. It is too sporty and far too fresh and sour.
Probably a lack of roses and musk.
I am sorry.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I liked it at first, and now that it's been a few hours...it smells very sweet. Too sweet for me.

jellybeantree

I just made a review of this, I just tried it again and the first half an hour is sickening sweet, then it gets softer. I think its actually too sweet still. I am on the fence with it, Its smells good on me but I don't know if its my style really...we'll see.

I don't know. This fragrance confuses me. Nothing similar to what I expected. I've been told that it's sexy, sultry, intense, sweet. Then I tested it and check the bottle again just in case I took the wrong tester. No, it was the right one. Ma Dame? Not really. More of an above-the-lines teenage who thinks she's different but ends up being very generic. I'm talking about the juice itself, not the actual matching model person. The beginning is fruity-grenadine, not in a nice way, the drydown is flat and uninteresting. I kept smelling my wrist waiting for some evolution, but no, it stayed that way till the end and I was still there with that "what is it?" feeling.
I will give it another try anyway.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Orange peel + Powdered milk + Rose water + a dash of pepper =

cloying, over powering, hard to wash off in the shower

jellybeantree

At first I was confused with this scent it was really zesty and then rose and I was thinking to myself 'What is this'? As being a fan of fragile and classique I was confused. I put in on my skin and WOW it is really a floral on me , it blooms into the most beautiful fresh rose! I want this one! It also smells uplifting. I start to realise that all of Francis K. perfumes smell amazing on me. Coinsidense? Maybe? I think this is a perfect scent for the gray depressing winter, a nice pick me up, and not seroious so perfect for every day.

StMoritz
StMoritz

LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP

and I personally love it...
I wore it to a music festival recently while running around, dancing all day in the sun I was told after 8 hours of wear time I smelt 'amazing'

_lolita_
_lolita_

starts quite nice and sweet but dries down to something like water with milk and some lemon.
reminds me a bit of clinique simply.
it is definitely a extraordinary scent, but nothing i want to smell on me.

sofiii
sofiii

Ma Dame starts with some really loud and distinctive aqua-y, cold-milk-y notes with a zest of sweet orange(?) note. It's quite linear with really good staying power. For me, I think it's more a aqua-floral-fruity rather than a floral, or at least not the normal floral you would expect.

It is really distinctive and special and the bottle is really nice.

However,it's not my cup of tea!I like all the notes listed here, and I like floral perfume, BUT from the first snif to the endless echo-y dry down, I just can't ignore the synthetic feeling bursting from the scent and I've got a headach! If you are picky and have a little problem with synthetic stuff, be careful with this one.

SSUNSHINE4497
SSUNSHINE4497

The lasting power is amazing! I sprayed it on in the A.M. and can smell it through the afternoon...Im on the fence with this scent-I like it but at times seems a little strong? To me it has a powdery scent?

Migotka
Migotka

- Hello handsome- said a girl to a barman.
An she ordered her favourite drink.

For me Ma Dame definitely has got this club ring to it, fun, music, good coctails.
At first is seems pretty strong, almost masculine, but then it becomes more gentle.
Grenadine does not appear very often in perfume, whih is a shame, knowing how deliciously it smells. Ma Dame makes me think of a good drink, but it does not smell of alcohol as such.
The sweetness it toned down by orange notes. Then you can smell the rose, and there is still this sharp, woody note in the background that make it very interesting. I could also smell something equally captivating: cream? strawberry vodka? I cant really tell what it is, but it smells gorgeous!
I certainly didnt get anything synthetic here.

All in all, it is a fun, lively fragrance full of positive energy.

LenaBel
LenaBel

very different but I dont like it..smells artificial and reminds me of cough syrup. yuck

fleurdelis
fleurdelis

I know this perfume gets a lot of bad reviews. I got two samples when I bought my favorite fruity fragrance, Halloween Kiss, and just ran out today. As I keep finding reasons to sniff my wrists, I think I should probably buy this scent.

It has some zesty orange/orange blossom at first, coupled with some white florals to my nose. It's strong and citrusy at first, but dries down nicely. I could see why some people think it's too sweet, but I find it a nice change of pace. My boyfriend said he likes it, but he's not sure he'd like to smell it all the time. Me either; I think it would lose it's uniqueness.

It's a special fragrance. Similar to I Love Love, it really lifts you up! The cedar dry down makes it less sweet at the end. Try it on your skin first!

I agree to you, SusieQRJ:
"It´s perfect for when you´re in an insolent mood."

And insist:
It's all for those who dare!

Iulia
Iulia

I've just seen this perfume today in a shop at a lower price than ussual , so I thought ,since I haven't smelled it yet , why don't give it a try? When I first sprayed it on my wrist I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was:).It was mouth watering fresh fruits (mostly mandarine). The first thought that crossed my mind was that this one is somehow similar to D&G Light Blue and Moschino I Love Love,not necesarilly on the notes, but on the feeling. It immediatelly gives you a coloured vision, you feel sorounded by nature, cutting some fresh citruses. I was convinced that I will buy it,but as I took a short walk outside the store to have a cigarette, I realized the midlle notes came in, and instead of that joy I got a lot of sugar:|. It was so sweet I couldn't stand it, I almost gave me a thooth ache. I like perfumes to be a litlle sweet..but never that much. I'm happy I didn't bought it and sad that the perfume wasn't as good as I espected it . It's best suited for teenage girls.

Neysa_marie
Neysa_marie

it smelled so strong when i first sprayed it on me!! but the it kind of fades.. the citrus scent does not stay on the skin a lot of time. a shame, the bottle is beautiful

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I LOVE IT!!!LOVED IT FROM FIRST SPRAY, THE SCENT IT'S HARD TO DESCRIBE AS THERE IS NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT, BUT IT'S A VERY HAPPY SCENT MAYBE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM AND A FULL SPRITZ OF UPLIFTING NOTES:)

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

When wearing it I have the only one straight association that I'm eating unripe red currant (I liked eating it being a teenager :-D). I feel a slight hint of roses notes to my happiness, I'm not a rose lover. the scent is specific, but not nasty and overwhelming. Good for day and office.

falovalo
falovalo

I was very much expecting something heavy and strong due to some of the reviews here. Wrong! Ma Dame is sparkling and fizzy, almost enough to tickle my nose. At first it's a bit sweet and fruity, nothing new really. Then on the dry down, it becomes creamy, almost with a suntan lotion smell. At this point, it's wonderful and different from a lot of other fruity/fresh scents.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Very much negative reviews and long line of dislike, huh? Yes, this perfume with Classique imprint suggests maybe something Classique style, if not looking on Agyness Dean in ad and bright pink nuances on the bottle. And there is when all lovers of Classique and Fragile (both I like, but it's not a great friends with my skin)- Ma Dame is grenadine youthful scent without being relative to mentioned before great perfumes.
The top note- grenadine I adored and enjoyed very much. It didn't feel juicy like pomegranate in some perfumes, but it's still great and fun. Also there must be a rose, but this time it's playing somewhere in shadow. Later you get faded top note blend with very dominating cedar and musk. Cedar is almost like cedar shavings in Light Blue. (not liking this part)
Not sophisticated, but simple, easy, fun fragrance, wouldn't buy it for myself. Too much simple for JPG in my opinion.

guest_Gaultier 4ever
guest_Gaultier 4ever

LOVE LOVE IT! MINE MA DAME!!!

guest_ko
guest_ko

you are crazy there is no similarity at all between alien and ma dame!!! big big biiiiig diffrence. do you ladies actually smell those perfumes before you review?

guest_Alice.E.
guest_Alice.E.

cherry flavoured bugspray!

Passionflower
Passionflower

I've allways loved the design of the bottle of Classique, but I never liked the smell of it unfortunately. This one I do like though, it's not too sweet but fresh, flowery and feminine in a tough way. Very glad I bought it!

Zaleska

It's all for those who dare!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I cant describe how much i hated this perfume when i tried it for the first time!Its sickening,intense and very strong floral smell..

lillybee
lillybee

Zesty mandarin and juicy rose! I quite liked the composition until I realised that it's a copy of Thierry Mugler's Alien (2005) and somewhat also resembles Alien Eau Luminescente (2008). Although these two fragrances have different notes in them, I somehow find Ma Dame smells just like them. Take away the jasmine and amber from Alien and you get a watered-down, watery and flat Ma Dame.

Almost a generation, sixteen years have passed since Jean Paul Gaultier's first original creation of JPG Eau de Parfum in 1993 he re-launched as Classique in 1999. He then followed it up by eight Classique spin-offs whilst all those years making those he could have come up with something original and more worked-on.

Ma Dame Eau de Toilette is no more than a simplified and everyday 'Alien' cologne splash. Because it's marketed towards a younger audience, it sells itself as new and at the same time dons the Classique torso, suggesting it's as sophisticated as Classique, which it clearly isn't.

babybomb
babybomb

A very smokey liquorish but same time sweet and fresh scent. Perfect for someone that dares to take risks and be out there, which i believe isn't the majority.
Personally, I find the scent quite synthetic and unacceptable for my liking and wearing. But who knows, it may suit u perfectly?

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Not suggested as a purchase.If it's a gift,keep it.You'll get your fun and your compliments.

It is loudly synthetic and very long lasting on my skin.I do find it honest as a concept,matched by the right fluorescent bottle,vivid and apparently artificial like modern art and fashion.

There is a remote resemblance to Allure,as if someone tried to create the Allure-eau fluoressence.

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

I really like Classique from JPG, and I decided to give Ma Dame a try.

It is definitely a special and different fragrance. No doubt about it.

It first opens with floral notes that are quite strong on me. It then turns into a nice red berries scent, but this doesn't last long. At the end, I get the grenadine fighting with either the rose or the musk. If it would be grenadine only, I guess I'll really love Ma Dame. But, unfortunately I cannot say so. I keep sniffing my wrist, but I have to admit that it is only to find a reason to do not swap my mini.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

I absolutely adore JPG... but this one iS more of a failure. Those plastic oranges are driving me crazy...

archangel
archangel

I really like this perfume! It's rather longlasting and it's chic, it's stylish. Very modern fragrance. And this perfume is strange, I think because of grenadine. I like this strangeness.

Very like the original except that it lacks the powdery sandalwood--not necessarily a bad thing--and has a much more zesty top of citrus. Much better for summer or hot weather. Still pretty and feminine without the heavy oriental feeling of the original. Not spectacularly different, but very nice.

KasiaS
KasiaS

I'm very attracted to this one, even if I can't really tell why. I think the scent is exactly like the bottle: radiant, fresh, modern, a bit kitchy, with echoes of Classique (much lighter though). The opening is juicy and bubble-gummy, then it's going in the musky direction. The dry down is similar to the Ange ou demon's, cozy and a bit herbal. The scent, overall, is smooth, clean and lightly glowing, but still daring, like an arrogant, french lolita. My first association was Zazie dans le Metro!

It's funky and good for a party, although the creaminess of musk combined with rose gives some chique to it, too (not too much, though ;) ).
The con is that it is incredibily synthetic, I agree. But synthetic can be fun, I guess.
It came also to my mind, that if I was JPG, I would make a little switch of names: while "Madame" suits more the steady, majestic Fragile, this one fits better to the concept of fragileness - a girl in a freshly washed dress, winking on you.

MoietToi
MoietToi

It's my signature scent. I can't really describe it but it is very girly and classic. Yet edgy,spunky,bright and very pink. The orange/rose notes are simply lovley.

Taliera

I disagree with some of the comments here, I think it is special. It's different. It's punchy. And it's anything BUT serious (which makes it good for my collection, cos all bar one - Ralph Rocks - of my perfumes ARE serious). I was looking for a fun, light, striking perfume, and I think I've found it! Plus it stays on for a long... time.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

I like "Ma Dame" much more than "Classique". "Classique" doesn't seem to go anywhere for me, but "Ma Dame" starts out with a breath of fresh sweetness, and maintains its energy through drydown. It develops a floral scent about an hour out, and I enjoy this transition.

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

Yippieh! I found a perfect replacement for Clinique Simply, which has unluckily been discontinued.
Both, MaDame and Simply have quite some similiarities, which people either love or hate, like a read here or in other communities. Maybe it's the sour/metallic note that I detect in it..
I agree, that MaDame is more synthetic,but apart from that they're almost the same.
Thanks, Francis Kurkdjian! Not for inventing sth new, but for offering a nice alternative!

Suseken
Suseken

I love it.Its fresh,not too sweet.I can smell a "dark" accent,maybe the cedar note...It's not typical for a Gaultier Scent.You may expect a heavy,sweet scent.But it isn't.You may hate it,or love it.
Might become my signature scent.

guest_Moi
guest_Moi

This is my signature scent. It's very feminime yet vibrant,zesty and well... pink xD. I find this scent very intriguing I love JPG's scents but I am to young to wear Classique so thanks for launching a pefume for teens/young women like moi Monseiur JPG =).

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

I love this EDT , it last very much ... has something special ...unique ...a perfume you can recognise ..not just a splash like many perfumes , it has a little grepfruit smell that i don't like

kayka
kayka

i smelt it on my friend, and i thought - wow!! what a perfume... but, when i tried it, feeling changed.. after few months, i tried it again, and i found out - this is perfume without soul :(
it is wild, but, really, nothing special!

Kyrrah
Kyrrah

Smells softer than JPG classique, more fruity, keep smelling oranges. A good one for autumn maybe.

chocolate
chocolate

As a Gaultier inconditional, I was thrilled to bits when I was given a sample of Ma Dame by my perfumier. Well, the thrill is gone. On me, it smells like disinfectant. One-layer, flat, synthetic, plasticky disinfectant.

elizabethjaneforrest
elizabethjaneforrest

I'm a little disappointed to see so many negative reviews, as this is my new favorite.

I absolutely love the grenadine note. I usually go for fragrances that are mostly citrus or vanilla based, but this floral is pure fun. It's not meant to be a fragrance for serious business or for seduction. It lifts the spirits, kind of like Clinique Happy.

knics33
knics33

I would give 3 out of 5 stars to Ma Dame. While its def. fruity and fun with lots of zest, its really nothing special. Also, it can be just a little too sweet. The bottle is adorable though!

mirror
mirror

What is this?!?
Imagine cloying flowers mixed with synthetic sweetness.
This was one of the worst fragrances I have ever tried. Reading those reviews I am starting to think there must have been something else in my bottle... I am usually not that out of line.
All I can say is when I think of a Madame, I think of anyhing but this kind of smell.

susieqrj
susieqrj

It somehow reminded me of Classique Summer, but the Grenadine notes gave it a very particular touch. I loved it and bought it immediately.
It´s perfect for when you´re in a insolent mood. It fits perfectly for young women (20 - 30 yrs).

Taliera

I was surprised with this one (not at all like the other JPG fragrances). It's sweet, zesty and fresh. There was something about it that really stood out, I'm not sure what it was. Citrus? Raspberry? Aniseed? Grenadine? As far as I can tell there are 3 accords that come at the same time. There is that strong, pungent smell I was talking about earlier. Then there is an aniseed smell (I am sure this is a seperate note, as it was very longlasting). And there are florals - nice, romantic, sweet florals. Overall I found this perfume very attractive. I will smell it once more before buying it...

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Zesty! Ma Dame is bright and fresh...the opening notes are fruity rather than floral, so much so that all I could detect was some kind of joyful citrus burst going on! In about 10 minutes it had settled down to an extremely floral scent,nice but a bit safe. It was wiselyh lacking in powdery notes, or we would have been steering close to old lady land - and then something strange began to happen to the notes.

I don't know if it's the grenadine reacting to my skin, but people around me identified it as a distinct aniseed note beginning to rise among the flowers. Keeps it interesting as well as pretty, a different take on the traditional summer floral. I like it, but whether it's dynamic enough for me to buy, with so many beautiful new florals around is harder to answer. I'll test it again in warmer weather!

LORENA
LORENA

well... I ´ve worn Classique for many years... eventhough I didn´t want to change it, I just wanted to add other JPG to my colection of perfumes... and I was looking forward for it... I guess I had big expectations over it.... MA DAME is not that special... nothing compared to classique... it seems good in the opening flowery sweet but then it turns to be ... nothing... a common cologne....Fantastic flaccon.. nothing else..

sealprincess
sealprincess

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. It smells soapy to me and is very sweet for some this might make them puke. I'd give it a C rating.

elledee
elledee

I really want to like this...but it doesn't like me back. :( Terrible since I have a bottle...The lotion is truly the best though, if you own the spray you HAVE to go out and buy the lotion, it's silky smooth and long lasting.

Carla
Carla

I tend to gravitate toward fragrances that are: retro,classic,sophisticated, seductive or feminine, funky and fun. This one is none of theaforementioned! Caught up by the hip advertising I thought OK this one was going to be edgy, cool and wildly different. Wrong!
I really dislike being negative about fragrance but honesty is my policy and this one was disappointing. The amount of the sweet grenadine used, along with the pink tinge of this scent made me feel like I was wearing a fizzy Shirley Temple non alcoholic cocktail that had been drenched in sugar. Had it resembled the grenadine laced Grena-beer, aka Christmas beer, it might have worked wonders, especially this time of year. Although not listed in the composition of notes, to my senses there was a scintilla of lemon that added to the citrus feel. The robust scent of the rose created the strong floral presence as it slowly traveled to the woody and very musky base. I would not recommend this scent for the sophisticated Ma Dame or for the sexy Mademoiselle, however, I do feel it is well suited for the innocent "jeune" adolescent! On the positive side, the bottle is magnifique!

hannah18
hannah18

First time I've tried this while I was visiting Paris. Didn't catch my attention because I found it sharp and synthetic. But I really liked the package and the print.

Just yesterday I've received a 30 ml edt as a gift. My overall impression is that Ma Dame is a fresh scent, without being voluptous. It represents a new idea of floral freshness, a comtemporary mixture of rose, cedar and grenadine. This fragrance is suitable for winter season.

In the first minutes after applying it, the scent is dominated by citrus notes, but after a while becomes sweet, very delicate and feminine. I'm also intrigued by the fruity-creamy-smoky note. Most certain, I'll be wearing Ma Dame on family and friends meetings or while going shopping...

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

I tested Ma Dame today and I loathe it! It makes me think of Brise One Touch (that's a toilet freshener). It isn't a cheap perfume, but for this price I expect a better perfume.
I just had to spray some of my own perfume on to mask the horrible smell. Sorry, but I don't like it at all.

solocha
solocha

I smelled it on a colleague at work, and I thought it is Diesel Fuel for Life (men). It is similar indeed, as Marianne pointed, especially in top notes.

Ju
Ju

It reminds me very much of the scent of the candy named Popeye's cigarettes. A memory of my youth...

vtothek
vtothek

Hmm.. When I tried this I got some strange fruity notes, almost like grapefruit? Apple? There's no real fruits in it so I'm a little baffled. I also can't smell any musk or cedar at all in it. It's all floral fruity. Aside from that, it's a nice clean, fresh little scent. I enjoyed it, but it's a bit cookie cutter. While decent, I think Gaultier could've done a lot better.

Blue-Rose
Blue-Rose

i don't like this fragrance, not original, a notes of grenadine and sugar. When I tested this at Sephora perfume it stung my nose and it made me want to sneeze... For a pub, i don't like agyness deyn, I think I find that girl vulgar

coco76
coco76

I selected this one for test purely based on the grenadine note - sadly i could not detect it at all! something about the beginning of this perfume reminds me of recess in grade school, playing by the monkey bars. god knows, maybe the people next to the school had certain flowers in their garden that smell similar...i am not sure. i do know that it was probably a mistake to sample a floral, this is overly so and as some have already commented very sythetic. not for me, but i'm sure it could work for some people's chemistry.

PR
PR

Surprised at the begining, very strong,very citrusy smell, had no idea where to wear it. Though i hadn't been worried about it,as the next minute I knew it is not for me. First minute it was ok. and surprising a bit, the next , all I could think about this smell was fake citrucy overload, and here is no citrus or a single lemon on display, as I see.. It is just my personal opinion, but it's definately for younger consumer, and sorry , but after a while it smells instant lemon soda to me

hena a
hena a

i like the sweetness of it. there is a bit of a 'tanginess' maybe?

nefertitidancer
nefertitidancer

Too sweet and over powering, but very fresh at the same time...first notes were like a bad cold medicine with berries...although I cannot see it among the notes, so not memorable.

liat
liat

Everything for me started with these lovely, unique, ads. Once I saw them I knew I had to try Ma Dame. It had to be refreshing, I thought. I mean, gosh, look at the campaign.

It's a simple fragrance, nothing layered nor revealed after time. It's pretty plain, just another one of those Mega-florals with a very relaxed and warm drydown. The beginning is a wee bit better, some citrus and something darker, really not bad at all. Unfortunately, 15 minutes later there is nothing left but warm, ol' fashion, expected Cedar and Musk. It's not bad, but I'd expect a Wow effect after this lovely campaign.

Yes, it's light, bright and almost-sparkling but lacks the depths and sophistication of other JPG fragrances. It's probably targeted for the 20-something market, and as such resembles many other fragrances in that category. I'd expect better from JPG.

Marianne
Marianne

I definitely agree with Aeternitas - I also love the bottle because it's so unique(like all JPG bottles). But when it comes to the scent, I was very disappointed - it's not unique at all. Its sweetness lacks creativity and there aren't many different notes in it. It's a bit like Diesel Fuel for Life for men or Davidoff Adventure - they also have that sickening sweetness. (It doesn't smell like if it was made for men, it's just got similar notes!)

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I can't say I like this very much, unfortunately, because I absolutely love the bottle! I was really looking forward to this perfume. I agree with Mitsouko that this is unlike JPG's previous perfumes because it is much lighter. I also found it generic, which surprised me. My skin brings out pure grenadine. That is all I can smell on me, which is very boring. It smells similar to John Varvatos for her. The first spray is wonderful, with rose, cedar, and grenadine, but that quickly goes away and gives way to strictly a dull grenadine, almost synthetic smelling. It seems also a tiny bit powdery. My overall impression is that it's nothing special - it lacks so much personality. At the same time, it's a different kind of perfume, suitable for summer or winter.

amanda
amanda

a bit similar to clinique happy, but sharper and has stronger and sweeter notes
the bottle is lovely

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Former smells JPG are oppressive, strong. There is tender, but, let's this tender floral- fruit mixture it does’t mislead us. After several minutes begin smelling some strange, resionous, smoke but sweet as fruit, a bit synthetic cream. Very nice and intriguing. Strange and curious perfume.

Natalia78
Natalia78

Fresh and zesty.sweet and a bit flat at drydown.As most Gaultier fragrances - different and distinctive.

Ma Dame by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.46 out of 5 based on 971 ratings and 225 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Ma Dame fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Ma Dame, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ma Dame by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ma Dame by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.