Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Ma Dame Eau de Parfum Jean Paul Gaultier for women

Ma Dame Eau de Parfum Jean Paul Gaultier for women
dislike

Ma Dame Eau de Parfum Jean Paul Gaultier for women Pictures

Ma Dame Eau de Parfum is the new version of Ma Dame fragrance by Jean Paul Gaultier. It is launched in 2010 in a dark bottle and packaging. This ultra-glamorous and ultra rock fragrance is addictive, rebellious and sophisticated floral - spicy. Its intense composition includes notes of black roses wrapped in patchouli, refreshed by spicy pink pepper on the background of musk and cedar.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDP.

Pink Pepper Orange

Patchouli Rose

Musk Virginia Cedar

My Burberry

Ma Dame Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Encici
Encici

Just bought it few days ago and Im totally in love with it. It's sweet, sensational and sexysexysexysexy.
Rose and pink pepper in the opening, vanilla and musk in the drydown.
Belive me, if you find the proper parfume that fits your chemistry, it will be just perfect instead of being synthetic. It's always the key.

I would recommend it to wear on an evening party or on a first date, but be careful with the amount;) (two little spray will be enough through the night)

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Excellent pepper perfume, very long lasting with a genius bottle. I could wear this all year round even if it is very hot cause this perfume is growing on me and at some point it gets sweet and very sexy. I want to try the etd as well. I love it and recommend this to all pepper lovers. Finally is very modern and not heady at all. Super hit for this summer !!!!!!!!

mocou
mocou

I love when a perfume can be elegant, but still has an exciting twist or a playful note.
MaDame definitely has class- without missing the fun.

When it first came out, I only had the edt- and didn't care for it at all, I didn't like the ads and didn't even bother to try the eau de perfume. Then I finally did, and liked it very much.

I love pepper- in MaDame the pepper is very strong, and the rose swings along rather lightly.
It's a perfect perfume for a night out, sexy and exciting!

Natalie Nations
Natalie Nations

Thank you Fragrantica and reviewers for leading me to this perfume. Ma Dame was another blind buy for me. I've worn Ma Dame quite a bit since I got it. I'm a fan of the rose/pink pepper/patchouli mix in general and a lot of my fragrances feature these notes. What sets Ma Dame apart is the citrus element. The orange here is pretty dominant and it brightens and livens this otherwise musky and harsh mix making this fragrance quite refreshing and intriguing. I can understand why some people described the dry down as synthetic/plastic. The orange here seems to stretch for a very long time, but I find that it doesn't really turn bad on my skin. I get compliments everyday when I wear this perfume. Love it!

smellME
smellME

Found this edP bottle on a boat cruise, very low prized...last bottle .I knew I liked it due to having tried it before and the notes are all on my side -
pepper, rose, patch, cedar and musky notes. It was mine
, just like that! Thanks Fragrantica and fragrantica reviewers that have learned me what I like and to dare trusting it.
Deep, sexy , balmy...
Update
If you've not like me have pepper and patch and rose on front row of notes...this is not for you. Don't overspray...needs time to settle, quite strong beginning !
The bottle is gorgeous but the box was crap .in two pieces from the beginning.

diana_drd
diana_drd

An intoxicating perfume, which I love. Its cool, refreshing(patchouli/pepper) and a bit sexy in the same time(roses/musk), I remember that when I tried it I was wearing Michael Kors, and that one can fill a room with just two little puffs on my skin, well the JPG topped that with one puff on the back of my hand. Intense, but in a contemporary way, it can be worn during the day in your jeans, or in the evening in more romantic/formal attire. Amazing scent, sillage and longevity

dormir6
dormir6

Beautiful, sophisticated, cool opening and so so so sadly gasoline-like drydown :-(

Tulipano
Tulipano

He said:This perfume reminds me of your face!
This is a ravishing perfume- maturely sexy. It is the must-have of the independent woman.

calyx93
calyx93

just got this for pennies at a yard sale - full bottle - box and all - never used. so i was kinda chuffed since i like the original for it's weird plastic barbie rose + musk effect.

well, this was quite different - almost like dior's midnight poison and a tad bit like moschino cheap & chic with the prominent patchouli, musk and dark rose - lots of similarities if you bother to smell all of them side by side.

all in all, a more sultry version of the original, but without the plasticky citrus + grenadine combo - just add a sanitized patchouli and a very woody rose.

cecyben
cecyben

OMG ! This is a PERFUME !!! with all the letters !!! Strong, warm, potent, sensual ... something else to require ? The best of JPG by far !!!

thazinha30
thazinha30

Love Ma Dame, both EDP and EDT and I have both. They are such beautiful fragrances and have great longevity. After drydown they smell kinda similar but i do find the EDT sweeter. These are 2 of my favorite fragrances, along with Womanity and Florabotanica (all unique scents imho!)

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

Hi, I have been looking for a modern chyphre floral without oakmoss for some time, and this looked like a good fragrance to start with. On first spray I got a lot of alcohol and strangely bubblegum and thought "what have I done", or rather "what have they done". This is not a chypre. Decided to give it another go. It certainly hits the spot as far as chyphre goes and the rose is almost fleeting. there is also some slight powderness to it too. this is by far his best scent. I found classique so overpowering I could not breathe. I will continue to assess it, but initially it ticks all the right boxes and there may be a future for chyphres after all.

update: this perfume has help me to find out what notes I like. I thought it was oakmoss that did it for me, but now I realise it is patchouli. This is quiite dense and dare I say sour, when compared to coco madameoiselle, as far as patchouli goes, which follows the rose and I can also get a sense of soapiness rather than powder.
Interesting, but nothing like my all tiime favourite aromatics elixir, which was what I was hoping for,

kristine oh
kristine oh

I blind buy a 75ml of this based on these positive reviews and I regretted it! This is clearly androgynous scent. Can't determine the rose note because it was too strong for me. I tried so hard to like it but to no avail it just doesn't work for me. I exchanged this bottle instead. Total waste of money. :(

dinhhamy
dinhhamy

a little bit masculine :) strong and really nice. I totally love it :)

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

WOW!

In my opinion this is Jean Paul Gaultier's BEST scent ever!
I love the "dark and deep" touch that it has!
It stays on my skin (literally) for DAYS and everybody's loving it! (Especially my husband).

I only bought a 30 ml bottle because I wasn't sure if I would like it as it was a "blind-buy", but it is absolutely AMAZING. I will buy the biggest bottle soon.

Mmmmmmm I actually smell it right now and I feel sooooo sassy.
A very very very classy and sexy perfume indeed.

If you're one of those who loves perfumes that's spicy, dark, woody and a bit "soapy" then you should BUY "MA DAME" YOU WONT REGRET IT!

UPDATE: In the description it says that it's (only I guess) available as 50 ml and 100 ml EDP, but mine is a 30 ml EDP bottle. Why is it like that? Can somebody answer me on that question please? Mine is NOT fake of course, I bought it from Sephora (in Europe)!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Very nice and pleasant scent, quite smooth for JPG's fragrance. This one I spray on paper, and it lasts for 5 days! Longevity is amazing and I really like the drydown, superb!

tuturab
tuturab

MA DAME ~ this is what I wear to bed on a cold wintry night!

The ultimate lover - it hugs you nice & tight... very desirable indeed.

Love!

prettifyourself
prettifyourself

MY SECOND FAVORITE PERFUME NEXT TO JPG MA DAME EDT!!

Rose-woody is such a perfect combination. It has a touch of masculinity maybe because of the pepper note which made it different from the EDT version. I like this better than the EDT version but the EDT is more wearable, its for casual days while this one is for sensual nights. Mine is 50ml(with 100ml lotion), the usual size I get for EDP coz i wear EDT more often & especially because I live in a tropical country(Philippines).

If you able to read my review I suggest to try BOTH JPG Ma Dame perfumes. Im pretty sure you gonna like their UNIQUE-COMPLIMENT OVERLOAD-HEAD TURNING-SCENT.

***Longevity is 10/10. The bottle is unique & clear with JPG signature logo.

Will I repurchase? Yes.

ReinaT
ReinaT

My 18 year old loves this perfume, it's her standard. Very chic and floral, very summery to my senses. I didn't pick up on the pepper very much, like Boucheron Initial, but apparently it's there and adds the necessary "punch" for what could otherwise be just a sweet bouquet. Very feminine and that seems to be what we both like. Great for ladies of all ages, great bottle too!

Mary.Time
Mary.Time

This is a bold, "look-at-me" perfume and I get a lot of compliments when I'm wearing it.

The EdT smells less sharp and a lot sweeter on me, which is why I do prefer the EdP. All that pink pepper makes me feel happy :)

Raquel73

It is sooo strong!!! The lasting power is for 2 days!! and the sillage is great!!
I used it in some ocassions only.Sometimes it asfixie me :-(

sherien
sherien

Sharp rose, alot of character, JPG .. a usual.. innovative and has a unique touch, I had fragile several years ago and it was innovative at that time, then came juicy couture and London that had the same dry down, but too late.. JPG took that direction in perfums before everyone did.. and till now I never smelled this rose before in any other creation, maybe it shares the rose with Black xs, but jpg is peppery,zesty, soapy and very dry.. while Blackxs has a bit coconut aroma that makes it darker or lets say a bit oily .. Ma dame EDP is a real winner for me

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Pepper, patchouli and soft rose.
MA DAME EDP is a fragrance for strong, intelligent women with a sense of humor.
The blast of pepper and patchouli in the opening give it a very sharp, fresh edge, so not everybody is going to like this. The sharp edge would suit intelligent lawyers or shrewd business women very well.
The pepper stays present the entire time, but in the drydown it is softend by the velvety rose. With the rose comes a soapy fake, slightly plastic smell.
There might be people that not like this note, but I love it. It's so unexpected and yet fits so well in the composition. Very humorous.

I don't think this is an office scent. I usually don't care about such things, but the pepper and patchouli might indeed be offensive. It would go very well in court, however, or on a conference.

MA DAME EDP is very different from the EDT. More grown-up indeed. And less fresh.
Where the EDT has a sort of undirected wildness, the EDP has somehow learned to direct that wildness. Not tamed it however, just made it less ... flashy.
It is the grown-up version of the wild punk girl, who has taken her life into her own hands and made something of it.
It's funny, because I see that same girl-woman relationship between CLASSIQUE EDT and EDP.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

I LOVE THE EDP!!! I just got my 75 ml bottle of Ma'Dame EDP after lusting for it for weeks. Fresh and longlasting!!!! Unique, too! Spicy, but the salted orange zest keeps it cheerful. The bottle is not bulky, but since the fragrance is longlasting, there is minimal need for respraying. I love Ma'Dame!

ma dame EDT and EDP are two worlds apart!they are very different,but I like both.actually I can't make my mind which one I prefer.since EDT is more my style and smells similar to eau fraiche version,this one seem to be more provocative and the bottle looks more gorgeous.
backing to the notes,pink pepper is very dominant and lasts even at the dry down.
but after ten minutes it's all about a provocative strong rose which is both femme fatal and beautiful.I adore it,but I think it's a bit heavy and too much rose for my style.it's less gourmand and more mature(like VERTIGO mentioned)
by the way it's a nice new experience.I may buy either this one or EDT.

Raquel73

I love it very much!!It is diferent fragance,very elegant.The long lasting is great!!

napoleonica
napoleonica

Such a good fume!!It has a lot of character. I feel wrapped with flowers and allure when I wear it.

jazmam
jazmam

hmm.. I orginally had/have the first 'ma dame' edt... and thought perhaps to get the EDP instaed, but now reading through comments I'm not all that sure, would love to get a sample or maybe I'll buy a used bottle first. I do love the simplicity of the edt... hope that doesn't change too much

LaPetite
LaPetite

No , no ,no ...
I have NEVER "seen" an EDT and an EDP beeign that different from each other ! O_o
I absolutely adore the EDT , but i really dislike this one !
It's way too spicy for my taste ! And the Grenadine note which was the little touch of magic in the EDT has disapeared !
If you have tried (and disliked) the EDP first , please give the EDT a chance ! It's much much nicer !

alice_fotini
alice_fotini

I own a 100 ml bottle (bought at a very good price). I love peppery notes and adore soft florals in general, so I was happy to find this combination in Ma Dame EDP and did not hesitate to buy it.

There is another reason that justified my purchase: the perfume's personality/eccentricity. The intense pepper, bordered equally by the strong rose and patchouli, each supported by the less intense notes of musk and cedar, made a striking combo that is so sharp, so dry, so linear and non-fruity that becomes almost synthetic. Surprisingly though, the ‘synthetic’ gives lots of freshness and class.

For me it is an haute-couture fragrance.

The sillage/ projection and staying power are great.

whiten
whiten

I think the edt(the one in pink bottle) is better. I get some sort of oily note from this one, and I think the edt is more unique. maybe I didn't try this one enough,though. I'm not a big fan of patchouli and pepper, so maybe I'm prejudiced. all in all, I guess I'd prefer the edt even in winter...

fdmc
fdmc

After so much desired, I ended up buying it.
I am very happy with my purchase.
I can assure the longevity and projection are excellent.
I love all the perfumes of Jean Paul Gaultier, but I must admit that the Ma Dame EDP is on top of my preference.
Ultra feminine and rebellious spirit.
Francis Kurkdjian is a genius.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I like it, but I find it difficult to wear; the pepper is screeching from the beginning till the end in this one. The rose is lovely, but drowning in patchouli. Other notes are hardly noticeable to my nose. I wish it had a bit more sweetness and less pepper. Overall, it's sharp, strong, fantastic silage and lasting power, great value if you don't start itching from too much pepper. I have a small amount and I don't think I need a full bottle, but what I have is indeed fun, and quite original. I have moments when I love it, and others when I don't. Definitely try before you buy, it's not safe to go blindly on this one.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

The bottle is fun and so is the juice!
I was expecting a serious, mature chypre fragrance, not really appropriate to be worn with casual clothes but it surprised me nicely in a fruity way.
Even though fruity notes aren't listed here, I presume it might be spicy-sweet pink pepper playing with my nose here. And in combination with a sweet rose, it may give that flirty cheerful feeling.
Ma Dame EDP has a great lasting power and silage - I cannot fault Gaultier's fragrances in any way - they all seem to last forever!
Ma Dame, according to my view, will appeal to fruity floral lovers on condition they also indulge in patchouli. Patchouli is quite strong in Ma Dame, so it is worth trying before purchasing.

Juma
Juma

I thought I will love it when I first saw the ingridents, but I was wrong.
After 1 hour of applying choking me a chemical smell of this scent.
I have tested it with The one and it was a same story.
Body chemistry again...

semj
semj

I can't make my mind up. I get a blast of peppar, and thats the only note I can identify. Two hours later and the fragrance hasn't changed.
But the most strange thing is that I can smell is chlorine, yes the local swimming pool...
I don't know if this is such a good thing!
I know I wont be buying it.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Thanks to NatalieZ i have just received Ma Dame.
At first i found it too masculine for me, perhaps it is the cedar and the pepper that gave me that sense.
But after a while it becomes more soft, more feminine like a bubblegum!
The bottle really reflects the caracter.
At first is a dark,peppery and spicy smell but after some minutes it is becoming more fuxia and playful!!
It is a clean scent as it is already mentioned.
But i cannot find any similarities with Black XS for her.
I have both fragrances and i found this one more sophisticated and long lasting and less syropy and thick than Black XS.
This is why i prefer it!

On me - this one has too much pepper. Its nice but My skin and this scent dont get along. My friend has this one and on her it's gougerous..softpepperRose scent. (not fair)...

Min hudtyp och denna doften passar inte alls ihop, tyvärr. På mig blir den skarp och pepprig med en svag, svag ton av ros. På rätt person så är den helt underbar (men inte på mig, tyvärr)

Armanilovah
Armanilovah

AMAZINGGGGGGGGG !!!
Long lasting power !! LOVE IT

arianperfume
arianperfume

Well, when I put it on my skin I said: wow, what a gorgeous scent, different from the EDT, a spiced , yet fresh rose. After 30 minutes it dissapointed me, smelled exactly the same as the EDT. Test it on your skin I advice and let it settle for at least 30 minutes, you'll know wwhat I meant....:)
Too bad I almost fell in love, next time, next fume:))

merlin
merlin

ONLY ONE WORD ! UNIQUE !!!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Rose with cedar overdose. Cedar shavings + silky smooth floral underneath. Nice. I expected some juiciness from it though. I agree on it's similarity with Black XS, only this one is less harsh. Quite interesting overall, better than edt on dry-down.

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

It is a little odd and unespected but definetly original... has the gaultier´s signature all over. very distinctive.
Wear it with measure or it could be too strong and "plastic".

Passionflower
Passionflower

This is different from the EDT. It's a little more subdued, less rebellious, less masculine. It's got a lot of similarities to Ma Dame EDT, but it's definitely more of a perfume, much more accessible. And a bit more floral. Quite gorgeous actually. I loved the EDT because it suits me in my not-so-feminine, "go away" moods, but Ma Dame EDP will be for different occasions, like going out to dinner with a nice man... Funny how different the two are.

delphine67
delphine67

dont like this one, there is a note in it that smells for me a slight chemical. maybe the pepper I dont know. But this one dont work for me

MinogueParfums
MinogueParfums

This fragrance is a masterpiece!!!

I bought this while I was on a field trip to Paris. And everywhere I go, around the streets of Versailles, I see the ad for this. I was intrigued.

While shopping in a duty free shop, I decided to buy it, and it was amazing!!
This is like a breath of fresh air to all JPG fragrances.

Th pink pepper and patchoulli storms inside your nose giving you a zesty good feeling to go out at night. The musk wraps the scent into this edible scent that we cannot taste but can only smell. The black rose was the dominant scent that stayed on my jeans for 3+ days!! I love it, you should try and love it too!!

vertigo
vertigo

Rosy & musky.
Modern & simple.
Lacks the gourmand swetness of the original.
More grown-up.

Ma Dame Eau de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier 3.81 out of 5 based on 240 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Paul Gaultier Ma Dame Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Paul Gaultier Ma Dame Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ma Dame Eau de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ma Dame Eau de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.