Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Arthes Essential Rose Damascus Jeanne Arthes for women

Arthes Essential Rose Damascus Jeanne Arthes for women
dislike

Arthes Essential Rose Damascus Jeanne Arthes for women Pictures

The new Arthes Jeanne collection Arthes Essential features three fragrances: Rose Damascus, Patchouli Sumatra and Jasmine Du Nil, each of which is available as 100 ml EDP. Arthes Essential Rose Damascus was launched in 2010.

Rose

Wisal
Alia
Rose Fraiche

Arthes Essential Rose Damascus Fragrance Reviews

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Frangipani76 and Joliecat
have both done an excellent job describing this little beauty! I will just add my impressions.....

I'm generally drawn to rose soliflores and then put off by the reality, since many of these are sharp tea roses. Al Rehab Roses and PW Tea Rose are good examples of the genre. Some people have the chemistry to soften the sharp notes and make them ethereal siren songs. Not Me. I end up smelling strident and cheap.

But I am no longer feeling dejected at my apparent rose-less-ness. Roses have at last come to live with HAPPY ME - thanks to Essential Rose Damascus. Slightly sweet, slightly tangy, and perfectly wonderful... Jeanne Arthes, you have done it again!

There are a few surprises here. For instance, I smell:

A touch of warm, velvety patchouli,

A touch of OUD,

A touch of orange blossom ( or is that oranges?),

A touch of green jasmine,

And a touch of the dewy leaves themselves!

Based on these notes, I would conclude that the Rose, Patchouli, and Jasmine trio are highly compatible for layering, perhaps even intended as such in true middle eastern style. I own and love JA Patchouli, which I layer with Rose whenever the weather allows. :D

Rating = Five Stars

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

The rose in this fragrance is pretty sweet. I don't smell any citrus, but I like this. If you like roses you will enjoy this. It is not an in your face rose, but it is noticeable. Light feminine and great for spring and summer. The felt on the bottle makes it so unique to me! All in all. not a bad blind buy.

Scout
Scout

Ok, I am a huge rose lover. It's my signature flower, so I'm a bit confused by my experience with this one. It is very very different.
On initial spray, it's quite light. Smells of an antique rose. On drydown it becomes musty. An hour in it is quite musty and not deep...almost that smell that flowers in the vase get when they've wilted and run out of water. I'd even venture to say there's a tone of mold/mildew here. Quite organic indeed.
Then the confounding part. I had to wash my arm where I had sprayed. Dried, back to my desk. What is that celery smell? Sniffed my arm. WOW. The skin where I sprayed smells of a savory vegetable broth...some mystical core of carrot/celery/parsley -- maybe even bitter cilantro.... clings to my skin. The rose still projects above, but this thing clinging to my skin is certainly from the aromatic vegetable world.
If you historically have hated roses or not gotten on with rose scents like YSL Paris or Parisienne, or hate typical toiletry roses like L'Occitane, try this. There may be something in your chemistry that this will jive with.
I expected this to be a home run. Instead I found I'm not even playing baseball! Certainly going to keep it, but not at all what I was expecting.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Amazing!!!!!
I love this scent.
Unique !!

keeshfive
keeshfive

This fragrance smells great on me. It reminds of the rose Turkish Delight(lokum) I ate in Istanbul. Yes it's sweet and of course it's Rosey but three is something edible and sexy here too. Its's extremely long lasting on me and great sillage. I don't agree with negative reviews here. I think give it a try if you looking for a Sexy, sophisticated, sweet rose scent.

Chanel & Croissants
Chanel & Croissants

I must first say I, on the whole, am pleasantly surprised by this line. However, The Rose Damascus just doesn't do it for me. It tends to have a sharp, obnoxious "rose" scent that my body chemistry is not happy with. I will say that the Essential Patchouli Sumatra (one of the three components of the "Essential" line, the last being Jardin du Nil) is lovely. I'm rather ticky about patchouli fragrances. I prefer them to smell almost as an after-thought. Not as the main event, as it were. Amazingly, Patchouli Sumatra does develop into a wearable, beautiful incense-y, deep, rich, long-lasting fragrance that, in my opinion, is easily unisex. Therein lies its appeal, for me. Not too sweet nor too girly. I wish the Rose Damascus were as beautiful but alas, it's not. =*(

gmstrack
gmstrack

The Arthes Jeanne collection Arthes Essential features three fragrances: Rose Damascus, Patchouli Sumatra and Jasmine Du Nil.

Rose Damascus 2.5/5
This could be worse, but maybe not so bad, especially when considering the price. Here are the positives: The bottle is pleasing and the rose is very contemporary; it’s juicy sweet and tangy. Negatives: not the best quality juice.

Patchouli Sumatra 4/5 Great value!! I actually prefer this to some niche patchoulis.

Jasmine Du Nil 1/5 This is a very poor quality jasmine; it’s shrill and flat. Scrubber.

joliecat
joliecat

Essential Rose Damascus is a very pretty, powdery rose scent, perfect for day or night, and for all seasons. First spray has a sugar sweetened lemonade accord. The lemon citrus is not too harsh or sharp, but refreshingly bright and pre-sweetened. I understand perfumers use citrus in rose perfumes to impart freshness.
Within 5 to 10 minutes, the sweetened citrus accord moves far into the background and powdery, deep, lush, delicious true rose becomes prominent. It wears more like a rose dusting powder than a rose scented soap.
While Essential Rose Damascus quickly becomes a soft skin scent, it's still rich and strong enough to last for more than 8 hours.
Totally beautiful and very affordable, Essential Rose Damascus is one of the very best roses perfumes. Definitely worth a try !

jesseg
jesseg

this review is a very dry sour rose...but after a while it becomes syrupy...i find it very close to wisal, could be a carbon copy

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

A mildly sweet..very dusty rose with morning dew on it...long lasting.

Indah Virsyanasari
Indah Virsyanasari

very very rosy, long lasting and i even think that its smell doesn't want go away from me :D

Lailica
Lailica

I cannot find this in any site in BRASIL, unfortunately, because is an amazing scent, really soapy and long lasting and rosy. Reminds me of Paul Smith Rose, but it lasts longer on my skin. It doesn´t change during its course-it is quite linear, but I love it anyway. I also received the 2 samples with the Jasmin du Nil (which I like, also lasts long, but I don´t feel it as jasmin...)

Frangipani76
Frangipani76

Finally, I have the chance to be the first reviewer here! I got two samples along with the JA Jasmin Du Nil, they are Rose Damascus and Patchouli Sumatra. I think this is the other variant from the roses that usually used in perfumeries, i.e Bulgarian Rose and Taif Rose. I do not know about this one, but the rose note in this is like a bouquet of roses that has a distinct sweetness (like in Rose Syrup "Cap Kaki Tiga" the brand that my mother always love.....:D) and a hint of sourness at beginning.
The sillage is subtle but the longevity is good. Today I've tested it and although I've washed my hands several times (I dabbed it on my wrists at 11 am)and still the scent keep going nicely.
A good bargain since the price is affordable (read: cheap)

Arthes Essential Rose Damascus by Jeanne Arthes 4.00 out of 5 based on 29 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jeanne Arthes Arthes Essential Rose Damascus fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jeanne Arthes Arthes Essential Rose Damascus, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Arthes Essential Rose Damascus by Jeanne Arthes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Arthes Essential Rose Damascus by Jeanne Arthes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.