Designers » I-K » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Sultane 1001 Nights Jeanne Arthes for women

Sultane 1001 Nights Jeanne Arthes for women
dislike

Sultan 1001 Nights is a love potion for men who want to enchant with their style and mystery. This subtle blend of spices takes you into the world of dreams, with pepper bergamot, jasmine and rose.

Available as 100 ml EDP.

Bergamot Pepper Spices Jasmine Rose

Midnight Poison
Firefly

Sultane 1001 Nights Fragrance Reviews

scalene

Wore Sultane 1001 to bed last night and what a blast - it felt like sleeping in a blossoming jasmine garden in a rather chilly summer night, while being enveloped in a blanket of warm spiciness.

I'm head over heels for this one for obvious reasons - that I'm also a fan of Code Femme. I can almost see Code and Sultane as opposite sides of yin yang - they share the citrusy jasmine but Sultane is spicy and calm and Code is sweet and hyper.

scalene

In love! Notes are simple enough, and the price cheap, but this citrusy jasmin rose with hints of pepper is the coziest, dreamiest!

dameharrietbond
dameharrietbond

I am always up for a blind buy if the price (and reviews) are right and this is one I do not regret. The thing I find unique about it is the fresh, cool, aspect, like a breath of cold night air, which contrasts so unexpectedly with the smokey, spicey (anise?) floriental feel, it is not warm at all. There is a lot of space in this perfume. I find myself sniffing my wrists a lot, and the only downside for me is the linearity, as I prefer my perfumes to change over the hours, and this does not. It smells good in my clothes afterwards too. A steal for the price, as are many from this house.

mapache
mapache

I just received this today..blind-buy...$9.99 shipped.
At first spray....hmmm..not much....with patience, and a second spray....hmmmm....getting to know this scent a little better. I do not see a direct comparison to Midnight Poison, sorry. A mere "touch" of MP in the dry-down to my nose. However, I am enjoying the scent and am happy with this blind-buy. The bottle....well....very cheesey and campy and Disney-ish...lol....but that's OK.
I expected a stronger scent...higher sillage and projection. I will do a full wearing and decide.
I can see why the reviews are positive...this is an un-offensive scent...and very pleasant. So, I can agree with the positive reviews,and recommend this one.
Not remarkable, but, yes....enjoyable.

PS-
Unsex??? I think so. Not overly masculine either.

MissButterfly
MissButterfly

Everything has been already said here about this little gem. Previous comments led me perfectly to the blind buy of 1001 Nights and described it without miss! I can only tell that it could be naughty, dark sister of LL Si, Lolita.

Indeed it has something slightly masculine, but on my skin it is finely balanced (because of jasmine probably). Worth trying.

Marmoris
Marmoris

Whereas I don't mind wearing masculine scents, I prefer being the dandy to the boy-next-door. And to my disappointment, at it's masculine side, which my skin brought out of this fragrance at first, this perfume is boy-next-door-going-out-on-Friday-night-to-the-local-disco-with-his-fake-Armani-shirt-buttoned-down-until-the-chesthair. The glitter fits into this picture.

However, there is that gender bender, that Katharine Hepburn side too, It must be something with the balance - a bit more flower, less citrus, less pepper, creamier spices... if you can lure it out.

To those who find it too masculine to wear - as I did at first - maybe try the following: 1.) don't spray on your clothes (my top smelled as if a well-old-spiced guy had worked out in it),try in cooler weather and spray it onto oiled skin - maybe it helps you too to not get stuck on the hater side of this 50/50 perfume :)

I think the bottle is ugly, but at least not uncomfortable to hold. I am not sure how I feel about the glitter, but they are not so noticeable once you spray it on.

emt1986
emt1986

What a hidden gem! As others have said, 1001 Nights is light and fresh spices, which in itself is a bit of a rare quality, and I still really can't figure out just how to describe the "It Factor" it possesses on top of it. If I sniff close to my skin I get the bell pepper-like smell, but a foot or so away it's a completely different animal, incredibly airy and aromatic. It reminds me of a spice market, it reminds me of a forest, there's some deja vu here... very, very unique. There's really not much to lend sweetness, so it definitely reads on the masculine side of unisex, but I'll be damned if I don't love it on myself. I'd love it on my boyfriend, too. How in the hell this is only $13 is a total mystery; you could easily spend many, many times that and buy something not even close to the expensive niche-quality value of 1001 Nights. Oriental lovers of both sexes really need to give this a try. I'm getting tons of layering ideas for it.

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

I didn't like this at first. Before you start throwing stones, it was the bergamot that blasts at first that I disliked. So, today, after cleaning I used it as a room spray(hold on, I am getting there....). Half an hour later i caught a whiff of something aromatic and spicy, floral but not girly.... I wore Wisal oil on my skin so it wasn't that I could smell, whatever it was it emanated from my black dress...then, I realised what happened. I accidentally sprayed Sultane on my outfit and the sultry, smoky,spicy indolic Jasmin was coming from it! Bergamot evaporates quickly leaving only a soft trail that mixes with the florals and spices to perfection! Extremely long lasting. I plan to enjoy my bottle to the full.

Venusta
Venusta

An emotionally sensitive nose diva in the most delicious of ways. It really makes an entrance with its spicy freshness. This smell literally punches its way through your nose into your heart.

I cannot for the life of me wear this scent and act like a goofball. I emotionally associate this beauty with class and refined taste. Suddenly I gain knowledge of the culinary arts, a passion for painting, and even want to work on my academics!

Belle, the disney princess, definitely wore this.

lemonzest
lemonzest

This is not marketed as a men's scent:
1. "Sultane" is a feminine noun (la Sultane).
2. The bottle shows a picture of a female fairy on the moon.
3. The perfume contains glitter.
That being said, anyone can wear whatever scent or glitter he or she wants, of course.

So this is my favorite type of scent to think about because it's atypical. Weird even. In a good way...depends on what you like.

It opens with loads of bergamot, which gives it a masculine feel, but only briefly. Spiciness wafts out once the citrus settles, and this is the best part of the 1001 Nights Sultane experience because it includes an oddball bell pepper note, or maybe paprika. Just a strange scent which makes 1001 Nights an edgy, interesting oriental scent. So beautiful!

The dry down does not resemble anything else I have ever smelled. There could be cumin involved. 1001 Nights lasts incredibly well, too.

Some people may not approve, but a little recreational layering with a true rose really enhances 1001 Nights. Al-Rehab Istanbul Rose works well, just a tiny amount. It lifts the scent somehow. But even without layering this is beautiful and odd in a good way.

deb.martinez

Just had to come back and,add a second review...this stuff is the BOMB! Its awesome and I love the intense spicy,green,patchouli,etc.yeah..its simply wonderful.

shell_bell
shell_bell

Someone below me said that this perfume was designed for men and I can certainly see it.

This is spicy and lovely but DEFINITELY unisex at best, NOT strictly female. Reminds me of several men's colognes I've sampled over the years.

In fact, I think this would smell wonderful on my hubby. Too bad they made a girly bottle filled with glitter for this juice lol. It leaves tiny little traces of glitter on your skin - cute!

I have not tried MP but would still like to even after trying Sultane Nights. This is not what I expected but still works nicely in this bitterly cold weather. I get the "green bell pepper" someone else mentioned. Strangely, it dries down into something vaguely sweet like a vanilla note.
Spice, bergamot and more spice. If that's up your alley then give this a try!

rednut
rednut

I can see why people reference Midnight Poison when they review this scent and if you love MP you will (probably) love this. It is however, not the same scent but rather has the same 'vibe' as MP in my opinion. There is no patchouli in this so it is missing the slightly dirty vibe that MP has and Sultane is certainly fresher (maybe the bergamot), a little more peppery and spicey with some Jasmine but not overwhelming jasmine, it's more in the background. Sultane has better sillage and longevity on me. I can see that this could be seen as unisex and it is masculine in the same way as MP can be seen as masculine but I would say that it is a scent meant for women. I think it can be worn day or night (but then I wore MP in the day if I wanted to!)
I think this is a fabulous alternative to MP for a fraction of the cost. I'm in the UK and got if from Amazon for 15 quid. I love it in it's own right. A fanstastic scent that is a little out of the box.

matillyrose
matillyrose

Opens with a Bergamot Citrus POW!!

Has a disinfectant note to it that I really don't like, luckily it doesn't hang around too long.

Once it warms up, I definitely get the oriental spice, it's so Arabian Nights.

Ends with a gorgeous blend of Rose and Jasmine with just a hint of Citrus and Pepper.

I prefer this fragrance more on my clothes than my skin. Skin more spicy, clothes more floral.

Love the sparkles in the bottle, I could sit there shaking it for hours...so pretty...probably not that great for the juice.

Just like a Fairy Snow Globe.

hithorys
hithorys

I absolutely HATE this when I first put it on and then... wait for it... "Ooooh"! Followed by "wow"! ...and then the boyfriend's "Hot-cha"! ;-)

My eyes have been opened, and I have seen the light.

I don't get any pepper on me - mostly Jasmine with a *hint* of exotic spices. It's somehow a fresh AND alluring *day* scent, which seems all kinds of contradictory. It shouldn't work. It's like the platypus of scents, which is great for a complex gal.

I've read in some reviews that it's masculine, but having smelled it I honestly don't see it. - The shimmer in the spray is *very* nice. -- It lasted about 5 hours on me.

ptilda
ptilda

Doing a wrist-to-wrist showdown as we speak. . .

And the verdict is . . .

1. I LOVE Jeanne Arthes Sultane 1001 Nights
2. The bottle is less horrible than I expected, and even cute with the glitter swirling around in there.

3. Christian Dior Midnight Poison has been removed from my "want" list! It's true.
4. They are not identical.

5. I might like 1001 Nights BETTER than MP! I am not particularly partial to patch, and while 1001 Nights keeps it's crisp, spicy, warm, fresh (no, not contrary descriptions) through the development (so far), MP in contrast dies down to a relatively dirty patch. It's no longer fresh and crisp with that spicy, warm edge. Instead, I lose the freshness in light of 1001 Nights.

Now don't get me wrong. MP is gorgeous. If I could come across a bottle for a reasonable price, I would certainly consider it, but in all honesty, one could probably layer 1001 Nights over a bit of Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights and have a REALLY close dupe!

So the rundown:

MP is darker

MP is dirtier

MP has lighter silage

1001 is better projection

1001 is "brighter"

1001 is spicier (could be a deal breaker for some)

1001 gives a jasmine pop after a bit. It's subtitle but there.

BOTH are gorgeous

1001 costs about 3% what MP does.

nabtal5zama
nabtal5zama

On other blind buy from Jeanne Arthes..

Sultane 1001 Nights on my skin is spicy and masculine.
Definitely not for a woman,---->In in the description above they mention :
"Sultan 1001 Nights is a love potion for MEN....", and to me that is very correct, gave my bottle to my father.. =)

Its sillage and longevity are at the same level : so pretty good..

RaggedyAnne
RaggedyAnne

1001 Nights is a beautiful perfume. I bought it after reading reviews, saying it was similar to Midnight Poison, my ultimate favourite perfume. And I am impressed with 1001 Nights. Yes it IS similar, so much so I can now save my much loved 30ml bottle of MP for special occasions, and when I want the MP vibe I can wear 1001 nights.
It's not identcle, the drydown is slightly softer and more floral to me, which is not a bad thing at all, I just wanted to point out the difference. But I have to say, 1001 Nights actually lasts longer than MP. I get 8-10 hours from 1001 Nights, whereas I am lucky to get 6 from MP. A great buy, and a happy blind buyer right here.
This is my 5th Jeanne Arthes Perfume, and I highly rate this company, 1001 Nights is beautiful, and the best of their best with one exception....Perpetual Pearl, which is totally amazing and smells like LVEB but with more attitude.

deb.martinez

This right here is awesome! Im quite happy to find a good dupe for Midnight poison for every day wear. Whilst saving the (future)real MP for special times. Thanks to joliecat for the suggestion!!!!

This is quite close,and although as mentioned in previous reviews,the drydown is different,I get lovely wafts of Sultane,which are similar yet uniquely different and lovely as well. Well done Jean Arthes!
Longevity so far is outdoing MP...uh oh...lol

Sobe
Sobe

Wow! This is a Really Bold, Spicy, Unique scent. I also smell galbanum on me. It has a green earthiness (similar to green bell pepper mixed with pink & black pepper + a hint of patchouli). It gives the feeling of Dark Forest air. It does have a masculine vibe to it (on me), but it really nice. The bottle fits it perfectly. This perfume is quite Mystical...

Does remind me of Midnight Poison

sweaterfreak
sweaterfreak

Intense spices, for sure! Opens with a lot of bergamot, but quickly morphs into a large dose of pepper...not black pepper, but almost a jalepeno or chile pepper on me. Wear time is spanning past 12 hours, and the fine particles of glitter/shimmer were unnoticeable on my skin.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Wow! This is probably as close as things will get to Dior's discontinued masterpiece Midnight Poison!
The opening of this scent and when I sniff the nozzle compared to my own bottle of MP are like 99% identical! My fiance agrees, so it's not just me :)
As it dries down it gets less identical to MP, but the whiffs I get throughout the wearing keep reminding me of MP nevertheless. It's a bit more masculine smelling than MP, although this is not for men. I don't think guys would enjoy the glitters/shimmers this fragrance comes with...
If there was Amber added to this composition it might have been more sensual and a little warmer like MP. I still can't get over the fact they discontinued it :'(
Anyway, 1001 nights is a bargain and well worth the price!

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

1001 magic nights for sure
Totally underated perfume. If you like light orientals especially to wear at summertime and in the morning this perfume is for you. Even if the notes describe it as a heavy one, then you will be happily surprised with the freshness and light touch of this oriental. The longevity is good and the bottle is really a surprise, with little glitter inside when you shake it reminds of a magic crystal ball. The price for such a quality perfume is a joke, but it must never stop you from getting it. I own 2 more Arthes perfume and I am super happy. These perfumes deserve a second glance.

Peppery rose & jasmine over cardamom and patchouli. The notes in 1001 Nights would make it appear heavy, but it has a fresh airy quality to it that is quite unique.
It has an Eastern feel to it, with a Western slant. I can see why some would feel it has a masculine quality, but that's what makes it worthwhile. It's not a typical floral, but it's not a heady, over the top spicebomb either. 1001 Nights has managed to strike a balance in between.

Natureza
Natureza

The notes are: pepper, bergamot, mandarin, jasmine, rose, juniper, cardamom, white fig, benzoin, tonka bean,sandalwood and patchouli.

joliecat
joliecat

As someone who loves very very strong spicy oriental fragrances like the original version of Yves St Laurent Opium, this Sultane 1001 Nights comes as a very plesant suprise. It is not thick and dense like Opium or Estee Lauder's Youth Dew, yet it has the similar strength of spices. Sultane is refreshing, ozonic, as if it were fresh air breezes filled with spices. It is rich, yet airy and refreshing. The spices are more noticeable than the delicate florals. Compared to Cafe by Cafe, for example, this Sultane 1001 Nights is less sweet, less flowery, and seems more spicy than Cafe. Sultane is a clean, refreshing, lightly floral, heavily spiced breath of fresh air that lasts 10 to 12 hours. Definitely a keeper !

frogie_dancer
frogie_dancer

I just got this today. I'm not sure if I will like this. I bought it because of others review of how it's similar to Midnight Poison. For me it's too masculine. At first spray I can find a hint of how it can be similar to MP but then it's gone before I can really smell it. It's around 30 min after I spray it on my wrist and what I can smell is only pepper.
I'll try again next time to spray it on my neck, hopefully the smell will be different than on my wrist.

But the bottle is really nice, it has glitters in it so when you shake the bottle it'll look like a snow globe.

Update:
I come to like this one now. It was a day when I was angry with someone and I need something sharp and spicy instead of my usual sweet and soft. So, I tried 1001 and it just matched my mood then. And it smelled more citrusy now. Funny how mood can change the scent on your skin.

Spitzasavilaa
Spitzasavilaa

my mom had a sultane white pearl edition, and it was none i search here. as similar as this one, so soft and gave a sweet scents

mystica
mystica

This is similar to Midnight Poison by Dior, yet way more fresher and lighter. It has a slightly masculine aroma. Patchouli, pepper, and some citrus notes are quite detectable. If I am to classify this, I would call it a fresh type of oriental which could be easily worn on daytime as well but in fall and winter.

plumblossom

@t meigi massie : it is for women !

meigi massie
meigi massie

it is for man or women? or both? I like it

plumblossom

This is not a perfume for men, please correct it !

smellynich
smellynich

this smells like incanto charms but lighter. I dont think this is for men it smells girly and has fine glitters in it

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jeanne Arthes Sultane 1001 Nights fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jeanne Arthes Sultane 1001 Nights, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sultane 1001 Nights by Jeanne Arthes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sultane 1001 Nights by Jeanne Arthes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.