Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Sultane Jeanne Arthes for women

Sultane Jeanne Arthes for women
dislike

Sultane Jeanne Arthes for women Pictures

Sultane by Jeanne Arthes is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Sultane was launched in 2001. Top notes are black currant and bergamot; middle notes are peach and jasmine; base notes are sandalwood, lavender, vanilla, musk, cedar and geranium.

Black Currant Bergamot

Felicity

Sultane Fragrance Reviews

adrienn1222
adrienn1222

My girlfriend had long time ago. Vanilla, peach, sandalwood and creamy, soft fragrance. It was comfortable to wear. Feminine and mysterious. I can only wear in winter. Because sweet. Same as same the Oriflame Felicity.

Erui
Erui

What a disappointment. It smells like peach, but in a wery synthetic way, it hurts my nose. Don't get me wrong, I love strong perfumes, but this one gives me a headache.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

This is such a beautiful fragrance but unfortunately it's a fragrance that is not as much talked about or as reviewed as other Jeanne Arthes fragrances. This is the first of the Sultane perfumes. The others include Sultane Noir Velour and Sultane White Pearl. I'm still waiting on delivery of White Pearl and will review it when I get it. Sultane is a peachy fragrance. Peach and vanilla, a gourmand scent. I smelled some black currant which was like a little bit of grape juice. The lavender is noticeable. For whatever reason, maybe the combination of black currant and vanilla, this becomes very spicy right away. I did experience what others have mentioned. At first you get aldehydic water and a very weak barely perceptible scent. But you have to spritz several times to get the fragrance to appear. It's like rubbing a genie bottle and waiting for the genie to pop out. You gotta rub it more than once. The bottle is so pretty. I leave it on my dresser right next to Vivienne Westwood's Mon Boudoir. Give this one a chance, ladies. O sure it's cheap and under 20 bucks on Amazon.com but the fragrance is great. Oh and as for others likening it to an Oriental this wears nothing like an Oriental. The only thing Oriental about it is the design of the bottle with the cute little elephant stopper and the genie bottle shape. I wish some niche designer could create a perfume bottle shaped just like the purple I dream of Jeannie bottle from the 60s TV Show. How great would that be?!!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

The Sultan's Daughter Jeanne Arthes Floriental Fragrance

Notes In Jeanne Arthes' Sultane

Head Notes: Black Currant Bergamot

Heart Notes: Peach Jasmine

Base Notes: Sandalwod Lavender Vanilla Musk Cedar Geranium

Jeanne Arthes' Sultane is a night blooming jasmine! Or at least it is for me in that it seems to come alive with it's fragrance only at night. I can't wear this during the day. It's strictly an evening perfume. When I first opened the box, I was enchanted with the golden genie bottle. This is one of those rare beautifully designed perfume bottles. This one clearly screams Oriental. It looks like something out of the Arabian Nights. It's Aladdin's magic lamp! Around noon, upon first spritz, I get nothing. For a minute I thought: oh hell no is this a badly made counterfeit? Have I been swindled by the sellers at Fragrance X ? I sprayed my forearms, wrists and neck, and even sprayed it in the air. In the day time, this fragrance has no life. You get a faint whiff of something that smells like a weak little jasmine flower with very little fragrance. It seemed to have more water/alcohol than anything else. It was the strangest thing. I inspected the bottle to see if it could possibly be a fake, but there is too much detail: the Jeanne Arthes logo, the bar code, everything. And I thought how could creators of knockoffs recreate the bottle so well? I put it away and thought I'd spray it again later that night after dinner. I got home from my night out about 11pm and thought I'd try this thing again. This time there was a fragrance. It smells of jasmine but surely it must be a night blooming jasmine. There's also a peach note but to my nose it's a rather light peach scent, and doesn't feel very fruity. I detected some grapes (actually the black currant note) some lavender which is very pleasant and sweet, as well as vanilla and geranium. These are the most dominant notes to me: black currant dark grapes, jasmine, lavender vanilla and geranium. The combination is very nice and becomes more spicy than heady. It's neither sweet nor balsamic. I didn't have high expectations of getting a classic Oriental which this most certainly is not. This is no Emeraude or Shalimar, nor Samsara. This is a wannabe Oriental, a youthful floriental. This could be better and lacks the smokiness and sultriness of other Oriental frags but it's not bad either. It's got an attractive sauciness. This made me visualize a sultan's teenage daughter, a little princess from Arabia or Persia in ancient times when sultans, emirs and caliphs ruled the Muslim world. She is very young but wants to be taken seriously and tries to look sexy in gossamer clothes that set off her tan brownish skin, her dark eyes and long dark tresses which are fragrant with perfume. This is like something Princess Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin could easily well and make it her signature scent! I woud not recommend this to young pre-pubescent girls under the age of 13. This is not very grown-up but also not too child like either so it seems perfectly suited to a high school girl who wants to smell alluring with a slightly Oriental flair. Again, it's definitely an evening fragrance so it's suitable to wear for a teenage girl's night out with her girlfriends or at a party with boys, a casual date, a dinner, a movie at night. This stuff is totally asleep during the day for me. This is probably what some other reviewers have picked up on and remarked that this perfume has very little duration and no sillage. I feel it does have it, but it's more of a skin scent and lasts longer at night. You do have to spray yourself several times in order to bring out all the scents. I would not recommend this for an adult woman but it can be worn by adult women because it does have that formal evening and spicy Oriental flavor that other evening fragrances has, it's just lighter and softer. I love the bottle and it looks good wth all my other creatively designed bottes from frags I own. Not bad if you give it a chance: AT NIGHT!

matillyrose
matillyrose

This is a very interesting perfume.

Sultane is my Genie in a bottle, I have never known a perfume like it.

When I first sprayed it on, there was an opening sweetness and then nothing...

Sprayed again, sweetness, nothing...

Sprayed again, sweetness, nothing...

So I gave up, got in the car and started driving to work. Then something magical started to happen.

I could smell peaches, as in Southern Comfort Peaches. Then came the sandalwood and musk.

Wow this is a gorgeous scent, wears close to the skin but wafts up every now and then just to remind you it's there.

Lasted all day and I think Sultane is on its way to being one of my favourites.

THEMacGirl
THEMacGirl

I just cracked this baby open last night, having purchased it back in March, and idly sprayed a small squirt onto my forearm... nothing.

It took a couple minutes for the gorgeous powdery peach aroma to hit me fully, at which point I was swooning. I applied two more generous sprays and enjoyed the peach-sandalwood dream for the next hour. After that I was either noseblind to it, or it had disappeared, so I reapplied a couple more sprays before bed. SWOON!

So my first impressions are this fragrance has a very short life-cycle - maybe 3 hours? But I will report back on that.

This seems to share the same quality I am observing in several of the Jeanne Arthes fragrances I've tried (Private Room, Capricieuse, Amore Mio I Love You and Arome Seduction): there is a billowly, soft cloud of fragrance, it's fluffy and round, but it's like all bass and no treble; terribly well-blended as if to the point of overworking a watercolour painting, diluting the detail. These soft, pastel colours are lovely to behold, all the same, but I'm tiring of the theme.

I remain a fan of Jeanne Arthes for their excellent budget offerings. I just ordered backups of Patchouli Sumatra (x2), Love Never Dies Gold, and Love Never Dies Black Jewel (which is quickly becoming my favorite perfume)! Those four bottles cost the same as one designer 50 ML.

ETA: I have just worn this again and one single spray has lasted well as a skin-scent from 7 AM to 3 PM so far, and certainly had some silage for the first several hours. So I will say I went nose-blind my first wearing.

Sharipie
Sharipie

Identical and I mean IDENTICAL to Burberry Woman. But unfortunately, much lighter. I love Burberry so I've been on a hunt for a longer lasting dupe or anything that smells similar. This smells wonderful, I just wish it wasn't so weak. Peachy, spicy vanilla with a sandalwood drydown. I'm not that bummed though because I got it off eBay for only $10, which means I can spray all day without feeling guilty.

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

I read that this is extremely similar to Taylor by Taylor Swift & since it looks like the Taylor Swift fragrances are being discontinued in my country, I thought I'd give it a go. For the price, it wouldn't be too much of an issue...
Upon first spray you get the 'feeling' of Taylor by Taylor Swift, however, the apricot in Taylor is much more prominent. I also find that Taylor is much sweeter than Sultane. Sultane doesn't last very long either. However, if your budget won't allow you to purchase Taylor & you're willing to re-apply a few times a day, I would suggest Sultane as an alternative :)

Anywho
Anywho

Sultane smells very much like Burberry Woman and Tayler by Taylor Swift but it doesn't have the staying Power of BW and Taylor. Of the three I definitely would invest in the Burberry.

francie79
francie79

I got this scent very cheap and I'm normally very happy with Jeanne Arthes scents but this one isn't great. It does smell good but the sillage and longevity are awful! I will admit that I about used the bottle for I've been spraying it on while doing housecleaning and such to use it up. Now Sultane 1001 nights is totally different and one spray or two lasts all day and into the next one. It's a keeper but skip this one.

biofumery
biofumery

The first time I tried this (in the summer), I didn't think much of it. I don't know why, it just didn't grab me, and I don't remember it lasting very well.
Well, the weather got colder, and for some reason I decided to give it another go - and my goodness, I'm so glad I did! I have no idea why I was indifferent before. I can still smell it after 6 hours, and is kinda like a warm spicy vanilla. I can't get enough of it!

llburris
llburris

I don't know what's up with me and this scent. I have tried two different bottles and I get NOTHING. Notta. Zip. It's very perplexing..........

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This perfume is so beautiful! From the bottle to the fragrance! I got it for 10 buck online and it is the best money I have spent in a while! I smell the peach, however it has a bit of spiciness to it that I love. So warm and yet I could wear it in summer or winter. The sillage is great and so is the longevity. If you do not have a bottle of this, you should treat yourself. I am enjoying it!

jolieshirley
jolieshirley

La présentation et le prix sont attrayants : boîte et flacon jolis.
C'est un parfum exotique, gourmand, fruité, on distingue des notes d'abricot et de mangue, mais il n'est pas trop sucré ni sirupeux.Il est agréable à porter l'été.
Il ne tient pas toute la journée, mais comme il n'est pas cher, on peut se reparfumer.
J'ai fini mon flacon, ce qui est remarquable car j'en ai beaucoup!

Pooja37
Pooja37

A beautiful perfume... lately I've been craving sweet, delicate, apricoty (I think I just coined a new word here he he) fragrances and this one fits the bill.

Almost an exact replica of 'Burberry Classic' & 'Fancy Love' though IMO, Fancy Love is stronger and has more depth. But this is so light and perfect for everyday wear especially through spring and summer.

I like the bottle! Tacky as it may seem to some, to my mind, it reminds me of those perfumes you see in period films on the vanities of beautiful women of yore!

bruna maciel
bruna maciel

Um cheiro delicioso frutado doce encantador.Vale a pena o custo x benefício ,para quem não quer gastar muito com perfumes caríssimos.

redheadedplums
redheadedplums

Sultane is a beautiful perfume IF you give it a chance.

I was expecting this scent to be a loud exotic perfume that demanded attention like a spoiled young Arab royal but what I got instead was a well mannered, humble Lady Diana. I bought this because I was looking for something flashy, a little Middle East meets New York with too much money. So at first I was a little disappointed and put it away in my cabinet for almost two weeks thinking I would just give it to someone later on. Today I decided to revisit this perfume with an open mind and I'm glad I did.

This perfume opens up like a young woman handling peaches all day washing up with a mild floral soap, her own healthy natural clean body scent mixed in. There seems to be a slight knife like metalic smell that cuts the peach scent every so often and a soft scented breeze like that from a sandlewood fan.

I could not get much silliage but that's not nessisarily a bad thing. It hugs the skin like a bashful child would.

When it dries down it becomes slightly sweeter like ripening peaches that are close to but never reach their peak. The metallic knife smell seems to linger on but much softer.

I love the glassy persimmon look and feel of the bottle but not the Dairy Queen swirl on the plastic cap.

I think this perfume would be right at home on the dressing table of a young noblewoman during the Renaissance period. It's beautiful and very Old World feeling, which is somewhat hard to appreciate when compared to scents that are currently in fashion like the creamy appricot candy sweetness of fancy by jessica simpson.

Enjoy Sultane for what it is and not what you thought it would be.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Sultane is the first fragrance I've purchased from the house of Arthes. It begins with the berries, a hint of jasmine and apricot which don't last very long.

The first thing that struck me about this inexpensive little treasure was the woodiness. The cedar is there from start to finish. Sandalwood, cedar and vanilla are the main players in this fragrance.

I'm impressed with Sultane. It's oriental woody in nature, and relatively long lasting for an inexpensive juice. Be generous with it because it's such a steal! There's nothing like a good dousing with it after a shower! It's not too heavy, so you can't overdo it. I'm enjoying wearing it in winter as the cedar and sandalwood are incredibly warming. My advices is to try this inexpensive fragrances as you'll never know what you'll discover!

camarillo
camarillo

nice perfume but not really special ('__') i dont have received any compliment when I wear this perfume.

loonad
loonad

i bought this as i have been craving the sweet scent of fancy love by jessica simpson.fancy love is not available here in south africa so i was looking for an alternative and smelled this.these 2 are very similar.this is not as long lasting as fancy love but serves as a cheap alternative.

malikado
malikado

i had this perfume more than 15 years ago
i still have the empty bottele :)
i remember that is realy nice i liked it more than burberry classic
it was perfect for my mood when i was a teen :)

mbrperfume
mbrperfume

I bought this because I was looking for something similar to Burberry Classic. I bought it blind based on the reviews here, but I wish I didn't. The smell is so chemical and plastic. It smells really sour and awful. Save your money and put it towards Burberry if you like that kind of scent.

mondaniaux
mondaniaux

I'm a fan of Jeanne Arthes fragrances, good smelling perfumes, very inexpensive and they don't smell cheap at all.Lasting power is poor though. But I have very expensive perfumes that also don't last on my skin. Sultane is very light, fruity and vanillic. It stays close to the skin, smell of vanilla sugar !

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

Blind buy, love the bottle and have had an old bottle of Jeanne Arthes "Adventure" around for 15+ years so I knew it would be a quality product. I love the creamy sweetness of this scent and would wear this anytime during the day out or just for me during the night, its comforting like warm puddding, brown sugar, and spices. I love this one and the price is great, less than $20 for a large 3.3oz bottle!

Nelken
Nelken

Sunny(bergamot),yummy(subtle peach and vanilla),but surrounding notes of black currant and cedar give it a refreshing green side,too.It makes me dreamy sometimes.Brings back memories of summer afternoons spent by a river...
I enjoy wearing it right now, the weather being nice and warm.
The lasting power is alright, about 2-3 hours.
The similarities with Burberry and Ame Toscane are obvious.
As for the bottle...another tacky one from J. Arthes !

putri
putri

citrusy sweet, very easy to wear. longevity is just average on me, which isnt bad at all because it's not expensive.

mak.erot
mak.erot

This perfume remains me of Burberry woman, but more simpe and more linear. Longevity 3-4 hours on me so far (i live in tropical country), and sillage is good. So if you like burberry woman, you can try this, it's cheap!

mystica
mystica

A very good copy of Burberry's Classic, and it certainly doesn't smell cheap. Indeed this could be the best amongst JA's range. The bottle is nice also, I like it on my dressing table.

mizsadako
mizsadako

I received a lil sample with another purchase from an online store, and I can say it s not oriental at all. I would say it is floral fruity woody. Very fruity, it´s sweet but not in a bombastic way.
At first drop, the peachy citric fruity fragrance reaches high notes, then you can notice the power of jasmine. a subtle freshness of lavender can be perceived too, and then the bases notes of vanilla geranium & cedar are there. For me the base notes Nice scent, maybe you can imagine a garden of oriental delices where a sultana can live a resless and luxurious life. It´s daywear, I thing, very sollar, warm and can please many women.