Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Blue Glow by JLO Jennifer Lopez for women

Blue Glow by JLO Jennifer Lopez for women
dislike

Coty Prestige and Jennifer Lopez are presenting a new fragrance named Blue Glow by JLO which arrives on the market in February 2009. The fragrance arrives in a flacon shaped just like Glow by JLO but coloured in ocean blue nuances and decorated with fine jewelry.

Composition of Blue Glow by JLO opens with notes of mangostine, Valencia orange and cranberry blossom. A heart incorporates wild water lily, vintage rose, vanilla orchid and foamy aquatic accords. A base features a blend of cedar, sandalwood, mahogany, moss and Venezuelan Tonka.

Assortment of Blue Glow by JLO includes 30, 50 and 100ml EDT, as well as a 200 ml body lotion. Blue Glow by JLO was launched in 2010.

Mangosteen Orange

Water Lily tincture of rose Orchid Water Notes

Sandalwood oak moss Virginia Cedar Mahogany Tonka Bean

Ralph Lauren Blue

Blue Glow by JLO Fragrance Reviews

susieqrj
susieqrj

Lolz...I just bought one for me today and I opened it at this moment and it came naked, no "jewelry" on it.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Smells similar to Ralph Blue & Brit Speers Curious to me but has a more unisex aspect n one note that hangs harsh on me at the beginning like Ylang-Ylang.

vnv.ucr
vnv.ucr

I know this is from 2010, but I bought a new never used bottle about a year ago and now it wreaks. Never been exposed to sun or anything, and it's already gone back. Kinda bummed. Smelled nice before.

I dont like most of JLo's perfumes except Deseo, I find most of the GLo line too harsh for my nose.. I tried this from a sample and I like it a lot more than JLo Glo original. Its cooler and cleaner and didn't have that 'bug spray' initial smell. I have tried Britney's Island Fantasy which has similar listed notes and hated it, it was too sweet but this one isn't. The one thing I liked about JGlo original was the underlying musk note and that is still present here but the top notes are softer and more mellow.
Unfortunately it didn't last very long, about 2 hours or so then completely gone. I would consider buying it if wasn't so short lived. My mom liked this even though she hates most perfumes.

Zrye
Zrye

I have to agree with the reviewer who said this isn't a beach like scent. I honestly don't think any part of it is. I get heavy aquatic and woods notes. There a no florals that come out on my skin. I don't know why but this reminds me a lot of the beginning of spring. Right when the snow is melting and flowers are starting to bloom. It just has that airy freshness of spring. It's a unique fragrance that I find hard to describe. I guess because it doesn't really transition. It smells the same from start to finish. I would recommend it, but it probably wouldn't stand out in your collection.

natluvly
natluvly

So, I've been contemplating getting a new summer scent but have been trying to figure out which one I wanted. I have been on a budget and wasn't planning on getting one for a while now or at least closer to summer.

So I happened to be in Marshall's yesterday and they had quite a few perfumes on sale saw the 100 ml of this for $15.00 and thought hmmm wonder if its good. So while trying on a few items in the fitting room I looked it up on fragrantica and reviews were mixed but it looked like a fun scent & for the price if I didnt like it no biggie....so I got it!

So, at first from the bottle this smelled very strong in a bad way. So I tried it out on my skin and I wasn't sure. Then I kept getting whiffs the next morning probably from my sheets or from the scent getting on my floor when I sprayed it. So this morning I sprayed it on again and its kinda nice. Floral but also juicy and fresh in a soapy way. Some note in this reminds me of something in Polo sport by RL & also Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers which I liked but was too fruity for me and didnt last. Something in this balances the fruitiness where it doesn't smell like a fruit bowl...maybe the rose.

This may be a nice little cheap find for summer so I don't have to shell out a lot of money and satisfy my want for a new summer scent. The bottle is surprisingly ok too wish it had turquoise incorporated in like the box but still nice :)

Edit: I actually like this! Blue Glow is a nice scent for everyday for that shower fresh scent. I think I'll use this for work since it seems to have moderate sillage but is not strong. Clean & fresh something I've been searching for so I'm happy! I will be testing it further as well :)

So I officially love this! Fresh & very inoffensive but present for when you want to smell nice & pretty but not overpowering. Perfect to throw on anytime. I may go get a backup bottle while they still have this in stock

Fragrancemania
Fragrancemania

Thank goodness i got this in the lotion first. Yes. It was another blind buy. I don't really like it. On my skin its a very mixed up sort of smell. There is one distinctive sharp smell that stands out though. I cant even tell what that is!!I don't like it.

peferrarine
peferrarine

Is a very comfortable scent. In my skin is an aquatic-floral one. It doesn't remind me of beach or something like that (i lived for 17 years on a shore city), but instead it reminds me of rain. The summer rain kinda feeling, when the sun is still there, but is raining, and the air is humid and nice. The water lily and the orchid are the most prominent notes on my skin, along with the mangostine.

If you don't wanna think about rain, another feeling this fragrance gives me is that when you're leaving the beach, and your skin is hot and salty and you take a cold shower.

The only thing is: is really weak :T

Jillita
Jillita

Pretty, elongated wine bottle silhouette filled with a cobalt colored juice. It was between this one and Sunkissed Glow at a local discount department store. Blue Glow may be a misnomer. I might call it Hawaiian Christmas Glow. Top note is an orange in my stocking, with a strangled balsam underneath that. Then there's a pumelo, or some pungent citrus, with a little acidic, sparkly grapefruit, too. There are mulling spices, a suggestion of cinnamon and clove, then a more standout plum and violet duet hang over the heart. The drydown gives way to a freesia, and some other indolic floral note, like orange flower or Hawaiian pikake. The base is the warm and sexy musk with which JLO's Glow flankers are commonly associated. Less marine and cool, more warm spicy floral. This is a bit more restrained and office friendly than the forwardness of Miami Glow, but the two share very similar DNA. Sillage is close to skin, and the longevity is better than expected, lasting six pleasant hours, so far.

MarillaV
MarillaV

A perfectly respectable fruity aquatic with a slightly woody dry down. Nothing spectacular, but nothing offensive. I wear this when I visit the beach or when I am around folks that tend to be sensitive to perfumes. For some reason, I also tend to wear this when I go out for sushi, lol. It is light enough not to clash with the fresh fish, but still has a pleasant scent. The only problem is now when I smell it, I get hungry for sushi!

I will keep it because I do need something light to wear now and then. I also got it for dirt cheap at TJ Maxx. Hard to go wrong for $10!

lcommisso
lcommisso

This perfume is if Cool Water and Aqua di Gioia had a baby. It smells kind of clean and plain, and unfortunately doesn't last long. This was a cheap TJMaxx buy.

niveamj
niveamj

I have had this perfume for a while...it was a gift...Not something I would recommend if you like all floral/sweet smells...this is the scent of a summer day at the beach...disappointing sillage...I liked the accessory that came with the bottle...I wear it as a bracelet often!

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

Today was the first time I have worn this since I got it 2 or 3 yrs ago. SUMMER IS HERE !!!! When is RIO Glow by JLO going to come out?

natsor86
natsor86

I loved this one reminded me of davidoff cool water lasted ages smelt quite masculine too though

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

It really does smell someone is trying to mask bodyodour or sweaty pits with deodorant, Worst Blind-buy :(

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I thought this was really nice. I smell citrus, aquatic notes and floral notes as well. Overall, I think it's a pleasant, non-offensive, light perfume. Nothing too earth shattering but would be quite pretty on the right person.

Lauri88
Lauri88

The smell is lovely yet it fades away so fast I didn't have time to appreciate it. An hour later it was gone :(. Don't buy this perfume, not worth the money.

jenny2301

Okay so overall nice fragrance.I do really like the smell but it gave me a wicked headache:(BOO

jenny2301

So this fragrance smells like the sea...LOVE IT,its so beautiful and I am so glad I picked this up..it is very light...but smells so nice..

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Blue Glow opens with a blast of mangosteen, which smells like some sort of a nutty lychee, orange and a cold rose note.
This mix makes me think of summer, sun, beach huts and cocktails instantly.
Of the perfume's heart the most noticeable notes are rose, water lily and the marine notes which create an overall beachy and marine scent.
I cannot pinpoint any of the base notes as the scent remains quite linear on my skin.
The overall lasting power is quite good: 6 hours before the scent disappears, which, to be honest, I did not expect.
The sillage is average, maybe slightly below.
Overall, Blue Glow is not unique but it is indeed a really nice fruity and summery fragrance, ideal for holidays in the sun or for the colder season if you need a fragrance that reminds you of sandy beaches and the sea.
It's not a "love" but definitely a "like" for me.

wildorchid13
wildorchid13

Purchased Blue Glow at the duty free shop while on vacation this summer - GORGEOUS bottle which makes me think of blue sea glass! The fragrance itself is light, fresh, cool, beachy & sexy - I just wish it had more staying power. Love it and will be wearing this one all summer, but sure wish it didn't wear off so soon. They should make travel-size solid perfumes for this line that you could toss in your purse or beach bag. This would make it easy to reapply during the day.

vinisantosrs
vinisantosrs

Too aquatic and musky, not too feminine, reminds me of CKin2U pop men, I think it is wearable for men too. Good for summer days.

Emma x

Very aquatuc, it doesnt lst long though, and I can smell cocunut in this even though the notes dont say that! Overall nice for summers when you dont want a stong perfume.

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

nice mix between mangosteen an aquatic notes!
I was just about to buy it, when I realizes it fades away in a sec.
It is a Crowd pleaser as well, could be an aquatic floral with fruity hints.
So far the most appealing "glows" to me.
......................................................
Buena mezcla entre mangosteen y notas acuáticas!
Estaba a punto de comprarla cuando me di cuenta que desaparece en cuestion de segundos.
Esta hecho para satisfacer a las masas, bien podría ser un floral acuático con pintas frutales.
Para mi, Hasta ahora, el más apetecible de los "Glows".

Starts and ends with citrus. At first, you get a burst of citrus intermingled with mostly woods and some flowers. I actually like the way this smells at this point. After a short while, everything but the citrus seems to fade away, and you're left with a very lonely orange. Overall, this fragrance fades very quickly, and there's almost nothing left of it after a few hours.

Rose_Noire
Rose_Noire

Wow! I didn't expect much from this but I am in love with Blue Glow!

At first spray you get an amazingly fresh orange and rose which continue well into the base notes. I feel the mango and orange in this truly balances out the floral notes and keeps it fresh and mouthwatering. It's as if you would put some fresh oranges in mineral water and add rose petals to it.

Lasting power is also surprisingly good. I got around 5-6 hours of wear and the drydown was just as fresh. Highly recommended I think I will buy it again if it's available.

krissycat
krissycat

The scent of this perfume is light, sweet and beautiful. My only complaint is the lasting power. The lasting power is very poor. This is one of those perfumes I can see I'll have to be spraying every 2 hours to maintain the scent on my skin, but I still like it. I'll probably have to buy another bottle sooner than later since I can see the 1.7 ounces won't last long

rickyfreaky13

For adding my review: This one is really juicy, spesifically like Orange Juice, i feels like wanna drink it, hehehee.. Just like orange juice, it makes you hot days would be fun, perfect summer fragrance :D

rickyfreaky13

Finally i got it!!! It's very hard to find in my country Indonesia, it makes me had to search in Singapore, n i got it there. OMG... I'm so fallin in love with this, it's very summer, perfect to use at my tropical country. Can't wait to buy L.A Glow. Good job J.Lo :D

jonr951

I've only had my Blue Glow since March and it's now October. It only took 7 months for it to turn. So disappointing! It has no scent to it now. Well maybe just a tiny bit but nothing like it used to have. I smelled it on me when I went to class at 11 and came home at 7 and that was just probably a month ago. Scents can turn that quickly? I've had all the previous Glows for yrs and they still smell just fine. They all still have scents to them. I really enjoyed Blue Glow while it lasted. It was a fun 7 months. Oh well I guess. Enjoy your Blue Glow while you can everyone. : )

mandashell
mandashell

As it stands I really don't like any Jlo scent except Glow After Dark. When this opens there is a barely there and hardly noticeable opening of citrus with a dash of some slightly sweet and acquatic mess.

Blue Glow also really smells NOTHING like Glow After Dark. LOL! Luckily it doesn't smell as artificial as Miami Glow which is a huge upgrade! ;') Not upset though, since it was a swapped item but this has failed to move me in any (positive) way.

It is very hard to smell this after a few minutes on my skin and it seems to vanish after an hour or so on paper. Overall I really don't like it. Sorry Jlo. ;'( I'd choose Cool Water over this is you are looking for something cheap, fruity and "acquatic".

c3c
c3c

Well for me this is an easy review. It's a lightened version of Glow after Dark. The dry down, which comes quickly, is identical. Done.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This one isn't anywhere near as interesting or special as some of the other Glow perfumes.

It's a kind of orangey blend of sorts with a few aquatic notes thrown in for good luck.

If there were any base notes I missed them because it was gone so quickly.

Will have to re-try this and hopefully get more from it.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Blue Glow is a bubble-gummy, soapy, shower-gel-like fragrance, which is actually quite delicious and refreshing. The mangostine note is really interesting and makes this frag differ from other fruity-floral-tropical creations. I might get a body lotion for myself this summer.

guest_Myjordyn
guest_Myjordyn

I found this today at Kohls by accident. I love all of JLo's perfumes! This one is a close second so far to Miami Glow! I really like it. Now to find the lotion and shower gel.

La Moon
La Moon

A new love of my life!! It opens strong and sweet.. Def smell the orange and cranberry .. Yum.. I smell aquatic freesia as it settles and the finally is just so nice.. I am kinda reminded of an escada scent.. Just can' t put my finger on it!

gigiletta
gigiletta

i think it is aquatic when i see the bottle.it is very fresh fruity,what a nice suprise:)orange and tonka everlasting.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I smelled Blue Glow and I really liked it specially for summer, very fruity, clean and refreshing! I couldn't stop smelling my wrist! The staying power is very good!

I don't find Blue Glow to be vastly different to any of Jennifer Lopez's other creations, however I find the scent rather refreshing.

The blue bottle is rather misleading in my opinion. I expected something oceanic - aquatic and salty. What I get is a tropical fruity floral with soapy undertones.

The citrusy orange in the opening is rather sharp yet surprisingly not unpleasant to my nose. It smells very much like orange juice, very tart and minus the sugary hit.

The florals aren't very distinct, just a mild flowery/soapy feel was all that I could sense. The watery notes, although present, won't fulfill an aquatic lover's desires.

I was actually amazed at Blue Glow's lasting strength, it has lasted well over 6 hours. I managed to experience the drydown which turns out to be very woodsy with a faint hint of orange lingering on the skin.

Not bad from the J.Lo range I must say, however nothing out of the ordinary.

jonr951

I finally found Blue Glow 2day at kohls!! I LOVE it!! Its perfect for summer. Its so refreshing!! I love the orange and mangosteen in the top notes!! It has a very nice tartness to it. It reminds me of D&G L'Imperatrice. I could smell the mossy notes in the bottom and I really like it. Its a fresh fruity green scent. I like it more then her Love @ 1st, Luxe, After Dark, and My Glow. I need to get me a bottle real soon!! : )

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Must add that coty should make her frags.it.s much clearer and sharper as the notes goes.and last longer.and the soapy smell is gone.yeah.

alexanna7
alexanna7

Its almost like cool water, foam sea note,mango,woods.perfect for summer!the mango brings a splash of sweetness and fruitness! If it was only foam sea note it would not be as sweet and sexy! The mango in this one is really what brings the fragrance together! The wood complete it nicely!love that it's fresh and sweet at the same time! Love it!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

ILooovePerfume sent me her bottle to test out, Thanks BAYBEE!!!, and I don't like it. It kinda smells like something I've smelled before, but....I can't really describe it. It's fruity, but kinda like rotting fruit or something. I can't really explain it :/. My allergies are REALLY acting up now, so that might be why :(

Oh, and she got it from Zappos.com

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

This is for you sweetheart you know who you are =)

I was sooooo excited to get this fragrance!! i was the first outof me jonr & apassj!
Jlo blue glow smells really orangey & fresh at first then quickly turns into a musky earth smell like leaves and wood. Definately not my favorite fragrance from jlo-I do LOVE the bottle and packaging though theyre beautiful!

danimcneil
danimcneil

i read online that there is a flanker of this already called "glow after blue". I've only seen it on foreign sites. Its a transparent blue bottle. Im not sure of any notes...

Blue Glow by JLO by Jennifer Lopez 3.23 out of 5 based on 197 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jennifer Lopez Blue Glow by JLO fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jennifer Lopez Blue Glow by JLO, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blue Glow by JLO by Jennifer Lopez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blue Glow by JLO by Jennifer Lopez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.