Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Deseo Jennifer Lopez for women
dislike

Deseo Jennifer Lopez for women Videos
Deseo Jennifer Lopez for women Pictures Deseo Jennifer Lopez for women Pictures

Fragrance Deseo by Jennifer Lopez is inspired by her garden. She invited her associates from Coty to walk at night through her beautiful kingdom and capture the divine smell into a uncut diamond like shaped bottle.

The fragrance was created by Ellen A. Molner and Jim Krivda from Coty. It comes as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) and 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) EDP.

The top notes bring the accords of bamboo leaf waving on the Italian breeze, Sicilian bergamot, yuzu, and charming, intensely flowery freesia notes. The heart beats with notes of star jasmine, pink gardenia, orange blossom and French mimosa. The base brings notes of musk, sandalwood, amber, oakmoss, Atlas cedar and patchouli.

The face of the fragrance is, of course, JLo, and the photographer is Peter Lindbergh. The design for the bottle photo was made by Danilo Matz and the bottle photo by John Aquino.

It is available since February 2008.

Deseo was created by Ellen Molner and Jim Krivda.

Bamboo Leaf Yuzu Freesia Sicilian Bergamot

Rem

Deseo Fragrance Reviews

raw umber
raw umber

Deseo, you have completely taken me by surprise! You're delicious!

Deseo is laundry fresh but opens with a gentle woodiness sort of like a pine forest. The woods and the laundry fresh musk are quickly coupled by an almost pineapple/citrus-like tropical soft fruity element. Clean FRESH fluffy pastel-colored laundry hanging in the backyard with the breeze blowing through the woods surrounding your property, with a sweet tropical cocktail in hand. It's very pretty, but it doesn't shout or demand. Very relaxing. Projection is low, and longevity is average. There's also a hint of something kind of like new car smell. Actually if my car smelled like this, I would be in heaven!

Deseo just smells really good, youthful and girly. It's very well blended, and nothing sharp or plastic stands out or jabs the wearer. Good stuff. Thanks very much to 2746cstreet for my decant.

Chiquis
Chiquis

To me Deseo is your skin after you have laid out and suntanned and then you went inside and for some reason rubbed Tide powder laundry detergent all over yourself lol It's not a horrible scent just not exactly what I imagined when I saw that beautiful, unique bottle. HOWEVER, I'm boxing this up and saving it for next summer (since this summer is coming to a close). I'd like to smell Deseo while on vacation to see if it puts me in a beachy mood.

People are so positive about this scent, so I was surprised when it was really nothing that good.
It's fresh at first and then it turns spicy. Reminds me of salty tropic sea.
Quite green, citrusy and a little yellow floral.
A disappointment! And that bottle wasn't pretty like in the pictures.

Lumiere
Lumiere

This is a fresh creamy perfume, with some what seems like coconutty aftertaste. Summery, and very very light. I am comparing this with With Love by H. Duff, and the latter seems to be sharing some notes, but is much sweeter and stronger. Overall, unintrusive fresh scent, suitable for a casual day or an office environment. Those who love fresh feminine floral woody musk, will love Deseo. As opposed to some other floral woody musk, such as Lovely SJP, or NR For Her, would find Deseo much fresher. It seems to stay close to skin and may develop through the day or in the hotter weather, but this still remains to be seen for me, as it is cold Australian winter here atm.

ismellsogood

hmmm I am going to try this on right now just to double check...

ismellsogood

Nice I get it. When i spray it in the air it smells good, interesting , unique, green and fresh but alas.. on my skin, well it ends up a little urine-ish which is so disappointing.. I have never worn this in the summer or hot weather - I am a little afraid to, quite frankly, bottle is lovely, scent is lovely but i am not sure what people think, will have to do a reaction test- but I don't want to be embarrassed... so annoying when blind buys go a bit wrong :(

I like it - I doooooo...but....

aaw man.

peferrarine

Deseo has two faces, for me. I already wrote a review a while ago, but now i guess my opinions changed a bit.

The first face of this fragrance appears on hot weather days. In my skin, it goes all patchouli. I can sense coconut (even if is not a real note), the woods and the amber. All surrounded by the flowers. It's a very warm fragrance, like a hot summer night. Like a wealthy beach party, the kind of where you mix beach wear with gold jewelry.

The second face appears on fall and winter. The notes that i sense more when the weather is cold, are the citrus and the spicy notes. It's more balanced, and a little bit greenish. It's the same fragrance, you can tell, but the notes that stand out are different. It's like the memory of Summer.

I don't think it's a go-to scent, safe blind buy and stuff. You gotta have a sniff before you buy, cause is not an usual fragrance. For some noses, the patchouli (and the coconut ghost) could be overwhelming. I really like it, but i know it's not for everyone.

Sillage and Longevity are medium in my skin. Not a monster, but not a skin-scent either.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

Fresh, sexy, juicy fragrance! I love J. LO. fragrances, when I wear this one I feel like walking into a tropical wood. I purchased this at a low price, from Strawberrynet, about 3 months ago. I love the bottle design too, it's unique

GlowafterLove
GlowafterLove

Deseo and I go way back!
I remember how excited I was for this fragrance to come out in 2007. And when it finally did I couldn't wait to test and buy it, since I LOVE all of Jennifer Lopez' fragrances. After rushing to the nearest perfume shop i couldn't wait to see the bottle and take a sniff. I didn't like it all! 1 thought it smelled like morning breath. I know, EW! I was 19 at the time.

A year goes by and we're in spring/summer '08.
The weather was gorgeous! While shopping i stumbled upon a Deseo set. 50ml with a tiny lotion and a shower gel. I got it, cuz i knew i would eventually. Even if it is just for the bottle. But luckily I liked the scent way more then a year before. Probably because it was sunny, which is more suitable to wear this fragrance.

I could go on and on about the path where desire(deseo) took me in the years to come. I'm 25 at the moment, and I adore this scent. With every age i grow i appreciate this complex fragrance even more. I go through the whole experience with the Deseo necklace, lotion and shower gel. As wel as the Deseo for men aftershave and deodorant and roll ons. Funny to think now how I hated this one at first.

Think about when your on holiday, getting ready for the beach. Got your pretty swimsuit on, oiled yourself up, put your sunglasses on and just basically getting ready for a fun day at the beach. You've had a lemon ice cream and lemon Fanta. Your surrounded by the smell of the ocean, the hot sand and the palm trees. The day is finished and you get home, ready to take a shower. That is what Deseo smells like to me. The end of a perfect summer day. Just sunny fabulousness! And the great great thing about this is, after you took your shower, put your nice clothes on, lather yourself up with lotion and getting ready to go out for a nice dinner outside when its a little darker. You can still put on this fragrance and feel really classy, fresh, clean and sexy. Its the perfect summer fragrance which is suitable for day AND night. It's almost a 2 in 1 fragrance. Spring is also a great season to wear this too, even fall. Not so sure about winter, though.

So go buy it already! Make it your summer fragrance. Plus its super affordable. You won't like it immediately perhaps, but you'll love it in the long run, I promise. LOVE!

olga.stefan
olga.stefan

Bilind buyers always tend to ask whether the fragrance that tempts them is sweet or fresh, thus, I will begin by saying that, on a sweetness 1 to 10 scale, I'd give this one a 3. It might only be regarded as sweet due to the really prominent ripe citruses notes, but I never cared for fruits as genuine sweetners.
I, myself, blind bought it in order to break the routine in my vanilla-based drawer and found it too odd, too woody and, overall, too masculine for my taste. To my nose, it simply lacks the "cream" factor that would make me associate it to sun lotions, and that was, in a way, a disappointment.
People who enjoy fresh scents, however, claimed that whatever I was wearing smelled unbearably sweet. I felt that it didn't really fit me and I gave it away. Soon after this rushed move I began to miss it: somehow, Deseo had begun to grow on me, with its dusty wildlife evoking echoes and clumsy tropical vibes. Although I rather associate it with a hippie sunburnt teenager in the first day of school in September, trying to dignify the traces of a bohemian summer under a clean, minimalistic and inofensive blue jeans white shirt dusty sandals combo, I really, really felt the urge to repurchase it as spring-early summer signature.

Zrye
Zrye

To me, the initial spray is very rubbing alcohol-ish. Very strong and potent. After it dries a little longer, I get a less harsh, citrusy, mineral scent! It's quite lovely and unique in my opinion! I can definitely pick up the creaminess of the gardenia in the heart! The base to me, smells exactly like the heart. Nothing much changes! It's a lovely summer fragrance, but personally I would choose Deseo Forever!

The bottle and packaging are both amazing! I love both concepts! Everything is just so pretty to look at!

I would definitely recommend this fragrance for people looking to try something new!

Bedhead
Bedhead

I didn't want to get on the celebrity scent bandwagon, so I really resisted buying this one, but I must say, it's a great, complex, and at times surprising fragrance. I've read a lot of comments about coconut notes, but I get none of that -- lots of cedar and amber notes though. Sound overpowering? It's really not. Because this scent dries to a powdery finish (not quite aldehydic), and it lingers but not like incense. It tends more toward levitation around the wearer, rather than giving a scent-drenching.

This actually is a great workplace scent, because it's grown-up and serious without smelling like Grandma's closet. It reminds me just a bit of Laura Biagiotti's ROMA for men, but without that overly-sweet, in-your-face quality that doesn't wear well.

A little surprising that Deseo hasn't gained more of a cult following because it's pleasant and above all, it's DIFFERENT. Just as well, though, since I'd rather not smell myself coming and going on the days I choose Deseo.

The most complex and intriguing of J-Lo's fragrances by a long shot -- I really like this scent. It holds its own as a unique, crisp, fresh-woody concoction that stands out in a good way. On a scale of 1 to 5, I'd give Deseo a definite 4!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Beautiful fragrance. It's a powerhouse for a tight wallet. Classy, sexy and bold yet she can be shy and passive.

I had put this on and was outside and it kept gently making it's way to my nose so pleasantly. I think Deseo is a hit. Worth a try if you are attracted to the notes. I have been pleased honestly with all JLO fragrances and I am not huge on celeb scents.

Deseo is a lovely light woody fragrance complimented by mimosa and orange blossom. It's sweet, but not cloying. I personally get no coconut/suntan lotion from this scent.
I also don't get very much citrus at all.
Overall it is a clean, musky fragrance with prominent bamboo complimented by a slightly earthy base and soft florals. Though I am not usually a fan of "clean" fragrances this one is quite unique and a pleasure to wear.
Sometimes it's difficult for a fragrance to be both inoffensive and interesting. Deseo strikes that balance perfectly and is a great option for work, casual dates or just general everyday wear.

naen
naen

Sweet and cheerful, not candy-sweet though. After i ordered this online, i tried to imagine how would fell this potion on my skin. Others's reviews didn't helped much, all were, of course, subjective. My Deseo arrived, bottle charmed me from the start and still has the same effect.
Deseo flushed me with joy, is quite a cheerful, feminine scent, suggesting sunshine and comfort. I lack the experiences of cocktails at the edge of the pool, or reading in a hammock under palmtrees, therefore i'll refrain from the cliché.
Deseo is the right choice when I want a smile, a comforting summery scent. This, for me, is the 2nd celebrity perfume well chosen, after the beautifully made SJP's Lovely.

santi143
santi143

Deseo one of Jennifer Lopez's most beautiful fragrances. Deseo is a very exotic,clean, green, and fresh fragrance.
The box for this is very simple but luxurious with the gold.
The bottle, in my opinion, is one of the most people out there. It is supposed to look like a diamond in the rough, I suppose. The colors remind me of the beach with the blue symbolizing the water and the yellow the bright and sunny sky.
The scent is very unique from others. The top opened woth a sharp fesh bamboo, bergamot, and the yuzu. This eventually leads to the midnotes which I get the scent of gardenia and the mimosa adding for a delicious tropical smell. Eventually when the fragrance begins to die down, we are left with the amber, sandalwood, and small trace of pachouli.
*fun fact-the initial spray is very reminiscent of Katy Perry purr because of the bamboo.
Sillage: avarage
Longevity: 7 hours
A MAN can easily pass wearing this fragrance because of the woody character but if you are a man that does not feel comfortable wearing a tropical scent like this, you can always try Deseo for men.
Box:6/10
Bottle:10/10
Fragrance:9/10

Coty: A

lirael00
lirael00

When I read reviews that it smells like a sun tan lotion, I was like I have to have it. Even though I've never tried any of J. Lo's previous fragrances. It was cheap, so I didn't think twice, but maybe I should. Cause here I don't smell any suntan lotion or jungle or beaches, maybe a rotten coconut? Actually the only thing I can smell is my grandma, cause her scent is exactly the same. I know she uses some old cologne, but everytime I try to smell this one it just screams to me 'mmmm, I'm your grandmother' And she's a lovely lady, but it's just too creepy to have the same smell. So I'll just have to donate this one. Thinking that I should give it to my grammie, or maybe she secretly already has one.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Alright - I will not write this one off just yet. It's a tricky one. After reading the blurb about her garden at night I got this mental image of a jungle with flowers, or say the picture on the box for Cacharel Eden. So, I was maybe expecting a deep earthy/mossy, greeny scent with flowers and a bit of beachiness (given her garden's in Florida). Firstly, I cannot smell any coconut in this. Secondly, I know Yuzu is rated as the second most dominant note here, so I can't say I wasn't warned. Thirdly, is does have a kind of dusty smell, which I'm not sure if I like or not. Anyway, overall I feel that citrusy fragrances don't work so well on me (yellow citrus - orange citrus is not so bad) but this one I could probably just pull off so that's one point for Deseo.

Elmyra
Elmyra

If you guys are looking for a frag a bit more 'beachy' and coconut note, that resembles a little of a nice sun tan lotion and sunny beaches, try the Friction by FCUK. Its awesome, i recently got it.
Was weary at first, since it was cheap, but i am pleasantly surprised by its sillage and longevity - a really lovely, decent frag!! Love it. It starts fresh and citrusy then develops into coconut and fruity, then slightly musky...mmm the base notes are great.

I also own Deseo, and quite like it, ok, perhaps i like Friction more, but Deseo i wear as well, depending on my mood. Normally when i am chilling at home in the sunny garden and by the pool, i would wear Deseo, but for a day out, i wear something more chic and expensive.
Deseo is great imo, for its relatively low price, and what it delivers.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I really wanted to like this perfume. I do love the bottle, but for me the perfume is a miss. It's not beachy or fresh or any of the other things I've seen listed. To me, it smells almost old and dusty which is probably due to the patchouli. I don't get any coconut like others said. I wish I did as I love coconut. I've tried wearing this twice and I just can't stand the smell. I also don't get any citrus like is listed as a top note. This does seem to share some similarity to Hilary Duff's With Love. Maybe the wood note? I can stand to wear With Love but I can't seem to keep Deseo on me. I also have Live by Jennifer Lopez and it's much nicer. Still not a favorite though.....

sammydevlin
sammydevlin

I agree with everything Lakambini has said. This is very beachy, and has a strong coconut smell. I've been searching for something like this for a long time because I love the smell of sun-tan lotion.

KellieB
KellieB

I don't really find it that citrusy more of a soft fragrance.
The dry down goes slightly powdery but not in an offensive way. In fact I don't like powdery scents as a rule but this one captures my heart.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

Some days I like this and some I don't...when worn on the skin there is a sweeter more citrusy scent but from the bottle it can smell almost dusty.
I prefer Lovely which is similar but less dry, somehow.

chuwey
chuwey

Its strongly citrus... The dry down is good..

Heavy scent..

I wish it less citrusy.. the yuzu scent is so strong..

then it will be more me.. :D
=================================================
Updates:
I sold mine to a friend who instantly love this.. and this become her current favorite. I cant stand the sour scent...

seaworldshamu
seaworldshamu

I really like this fragrance! I think this is going to be my signature fragrance now. I'm glad I have a 50ml bottle, I'm going to savour it as I don't want the bottle to run out too quickly! It lasts a long time which I love, I don't see the point of having perfumes that don't have longevity. I love the bottle!

peferrarine

Is a warm fragrance on my skin. Like the feeling you get after rain on summer days. From the very beggining i can smell the amber and the sandalwood. I get coconut either, even if is not described on the list. Is very tropical. I don't get any citrus, but i get the flowery thing. Is what blends the fragrance and keeps it from becoming cloying or overly sweet. Is woody-fruity-sweet on my skin (not sugary sweet).
I liked it a lot.

update: i tried it after applying some Amber Romance (a favorite of mine) body lotion and it smelled AMAZING. Both fragrances have amber and sandalwood, so what stayed on my skin was an amazing amber-ish woody smell with a vanilla and coconut background

update 2.0: is weird, but it also reminds me a little of Obsession Night for Men (CK), the same vanilla-sweet-patchouli-dark thing, but in Deseo is tuned to the tropical fruity side.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Blindly sampled DESEO years ago and fell in love. Finally purchased a bottle through Ebay this summer.

Neither teenagers nor other young adults I know wear this. Guess it doesn't work with their chemistry. I think it's beautiful on me.

I'm having trouble describing what I smell, but it seems complex. Flowers and wood, fresh yet warm, citrus and powder, soap and musk. Some users mention coconut but I get none of that.

Going to the beach is my favorite pastime, and DESEO brings out my... well... desire to be out there.

Will repurchase despite low longevity.

Lavenia
Lavenia

Just got a sample today. It really suprised me! I was expecting something very sweet or very clean, but not at all. I disagree with putting this one in to a summer fragrances. For me this is perfect for cold weather, something in it make´s me feel warm. Very femine, I dont wanna say mature, but I feel like a grow woman when I got it on me. I feel a lot of musk and orange. Spicy fruity one, but all ingredients are in perfect balance.

marily
marily

To my nose I think I am sniffing a little bit of "womanity",it's like salty fruity scent!!! Its drydown reminds me of Mugler's one. Fruity and tropical scent,appropriate for summer days

patxaran
patxaran

Wearing this for the first time today and I am impressed. Like other reviewers I was in two minds about the fresh opening. I kept thinking that if it wasn't for that "fresh green" thing I would place Deseo in a similar category as "With Love" or a non sweet cousin of Ralph Hot. I need to wear this on a hotter day to fully appreciate the green aspect. Anyway, after a few hours the bamboo/yuzu combo disappeared and made way for pure delight. Finally, the drydown is to die for and has just the right amount of patchouli. I caught a whiff of it and at first could not believe this was the scent I was wearing, as the development was quite surprising. This fragrance smells more expensive as it develops!
Update: I wore this again yesterday when I spent half the day outdoors in bright sunshine. The fragrance seemed to develop quicker although the longevity was still not bad. All in all I am very happy. The green/fresh note feels almost like something to keep you going and help you breath when the weather is hot. I am really warming up to it as it helps to stir the fragrance away from being too sweet - it definitely isnt.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Not sure how much I like this, I loved the musky, beachy, woody but just too much bamboo. I dont like green scents and the bamboo oakmoss almost pushes me into a dislike but somehow I do still like it.. All the other notes I love and are in most of my very favorite perfumes.

I will probablly keep it and wear it as this 'edge of dislike' is unique and very intriging to me..

Deseo you have definately captured my attention. I love/hate fasination.

Lakambini
Lakambini

I get mainly coconut: 1) the dessicated sort you buy in packs to make coconut macaroons with, 2) the oily residue at the bottom of a pan after having cooked a tropical sweet dessert. This is not a walk through J.Lo's garden at midnight. This is a college girl in a deck chair, indistinguishable behind her shades in the tangle of other sand-speckled young bodies. This is the smell of her suntan lotion. The slight bitter greeness isn't bamboo, it's hotel hand cream, and the shy white florals are all that remains of last night's perfume, stealing through the wet fibers of her H&M bikini top.

lisarad
lisarad

Bought this as a blind buy, looking for a beachy frag for the summer. I was surprised at what a lovely dry frag this is...lots of dry patchouli, some rounding woods, and a mile of longevity. Sillage is moderate on me. Nice fragrance...well done.

Croneangel
Croneangel

Bought this as a blind buy two years ago. And I admit I got it for the bottle! (looks nice sitting next to some of my quartz crystal specimens)
Was actually quite surprised by the fragrance itself. No, its not earth shatteringly unique by any means. But it was pleasant enough that I kept testing it. Now its one of my go-to Summer scents. It holds up well in the Florida heat!!! I've found that it does morph easily. One day it will be mostly floral... another day the fruit notes are more pronounced... yet another day it gets rather soapy. Deseo is very mutable with my skin chemistry and with the weather,
Overall, the fragrance is very lovely. The fruit is well tempered by a leafy note (the bamboo) and thank God I don't smell any coconut! The florals are quite nice! Theres an earthy touch that tempers all the notes well. The fragrance has decent enough sillage for an hour or so, then settles in for another 7 to 8 hours.
*I've actually bought back up bottles of this just for the summer months.

Fragaria
Fragaria

LMAO @ big pointless lump! TOO cute :-)

I don't mind the bottle at all, but I can relate, finding a huge dislike for many other bottles. As said by another, this is summer in a bottle. I can't imagine what others smell that is offensive to them. I find this comparable to Blue Seduction. It wears beautifully, lasts, and is like a second skin. This scent just seems to melt into your whole being, well, mine anyway. It's comfortable and friendly. I find this to be her best perfume, annnnd one of mine also! This isn't really a heavy scent, but I think it's plenty strong enough that even someone that wears Youth Dew would find this surprisingly substantial. You should probably try this one out before purchasing since many people are finding this offensive. I'll be wearing this a lot this summer. It's a sun warmed beach towel after a cool dip in the water.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I was surprised how nice it is. I bought a bottle for my sister, and I never thought this would be anything, that I would like. I was wrong, it is actualy lovely and quite elegant.
Very summery, but in a feminine way. It feels greenish and flowery with just a touch of sweetnees in a drydown.
Somebody mentioned TM Womanity, but to me it does not smell like it, just has similar 'aquatic-beachy' feel.
The bottle is gorgeous!
I got myself a bottle too!

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

The smell of summer in a bottle!

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

I smell sand, soft grass, and sweet, slightly powdered, floral honey(the mimosa maybe?). Also, a touch of jasmine and coconut, and a hint of dried eucalyptus(like from a decorating store, not mentholated). Unique and lovely.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I picked this up as a blind buy over the weekend and I really like this. The bottle is pretty and so is the perfume inside! The first spray is an attention getter which soon mellows and evolves (melts is a good description) into a fresh, sexy and somewhat tropical, beachy scent. Summery. Within about 2 hours it softens into a very light skin scent and I am tempted to respray.

ImpishLisa

this is one of my go to summer scents. It melts into my skin and smells light, feminine, and sexy.

arwen38
arwen38

I was hoping that it worked with my chemistry. The jasmine note was very strong on me. After 2 hrs. it turned slightly bitter. I gave it to my friend and it smells great on her! She has received many compliments and has been wearing it daily! :)

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a nice, cheap and cheerful blend of suntan lotion coconut with a woody aquatic base and a hint of fruitiness. Good for holidays on the beach!

MissxoAlisha
MissxoAlisha

It's fresh smelling! Reminds me of being outside in the rain. I like how different it smells. It's not fruity or floraly. It's very aquatic. I really do like it. :)

BettyNoir

In my previous review I wrote that this doesn't last very long. I take it back! This has quietly become one of my favourite every day perfumes. It lasts hours and has a combination of wonderful White Flowers that are slightly coconutty. It's fresh and I clean and I love the bottle.

Sabrinah
Sabrinah

Its not so woody~
Its a light,breezy fragrance for me.
Feels like I'm at a beach when wearing it~
Overall, I like it~

celebrity89
celebrity89

I bought this for the beautiful beveled bottle, and was quite surprised with the fragrance itself. I find this one complex and original, unlike most of her other boring green tea, spicy or cruise ship cocktail frags. However, I do love her new Forever Glowing.

Edit to last review..
I was desperately trying to swap this.. I have the 100ml.. I didn't like it cause it caused me headache and toothache..
I couldn't swap it so I kept it a little longer..
Now that spring/summer is here I tested again.. Not that bad I must say..
It's fresh, citrusy, and just pure summer in a bottle.. A little sandy a little earthy a little nice..
Maybe it will grow on me even more..
I'll edit again..

Hollie
Hollie

I put off trying this for a long time because I didn't want to pay full price for a JLo scent( I have not loved any of the others I have tried although I do really like My Glow). Luckily I found a 1 oz bottle at TJ Maxx for $9.99 yesterday so I thought I'd give it a try.Right from the bottle I smell alot of citrus.....reminds me of the opening for BS Hidden Fantasy. It quickly veers off in a different direction though.I'm a terribly huge fan of Womanity so I thought it was interesting to read a few comparisons.I can see where they're coming from....both have that salty, fruity,warm,woodiness and both give you the feeling when wearing them that you've recently spent some time on a hot,windy beach.Womanity is just all around more intense...more salty and more bitter/sharp(with what reminds me of lime rind.)If it is anything like Womanity, it's a very mellow, distant cousin. Deseo is gentle.It feels like fruits warmed in the sun(coconut,banana,mango,starfruit,)salty ozone and hot,bleached driftwood.It has that aquatic vibe that gives it a slightly masculine feel yet the jasmine mimose and freesia combined with the mystery fruits, almost make it overly sweet at times.I say "mystery fruits" because the only fruit listed in the notes is Yuzu and I can't say that I ever smell it, the citrus in the opening smells more like orange to me.Many people comment that they smell coconut and I too smell something like the dry,woody parts of the coconut, not the wet,creamy center (this part reminds me ever so slightly of Versace Crystal Noir.)I also get a faint synthetic banana....like the kind in some suntan oils..and then some generic tropical fruit smells like,maybe,mango and starfruit (like I mentioned above.)I don't know what real bamboo smells like but I imagine it would have a grassy, watery flavor and....yeah....I think I can smell that too. Another scent that I'm reminded of is Tommy Bahama(for women....in the pink,irridescent bottle, which also gets compared to Bora Bora alot) I really dislike it, there's something very "muted" about it and Deseo shares some of it's notes and qualities. The added salty note makes Deseo more wearable for me though.
To sum it up, this scent is nice.....it doesn't WOW me or AMAZE me but it's easily wearable and if I were to simplify it's description I would say it smells like Tropical Laundry detergent.

ninius
ninius

At first smells very sharp because of the citruses and quite unpleasant. The drydown is really gentle and nice.

fatimasvk
fatimasvk

I bought Deseo over a year ago and wore it 2 or 3times for my dissapoitment didnt smell of my expectations. It was fresh but more herbal than marine. Last week i saw one on ebay for 5£ as a gift pack with shower cream and lotion 50ml parfume bottle lovely packing in a round shaped see through carry case....I snapped it fast to be a present for my sister in law or to resell for higher price . I used one spray and what a shock. It didnt smell at all as the bottle i remember. I can clearly smell coconut what i was hoping for last time.... it is fresh and warm at the same time. I cant stop sniffing my wrist . Seriously thinking to get at least 30ml for me. hoping of smelling like this one and not the one i got the first time. Will make a lovely gift . I love the bottle shape since it came on the market .......

Francop
Francop

I tried this scent today while passing by in a store.

I must admit that I was very pleasantly surprised to have found it; the scent is very nice!

It starts with a bamboo citrus accord that is uplifting and exciting; within 20 minutes you get a floral heart accord which is also lovely but not overtly sweet; the drydown is yet to come and am looking forward to the oakmoss and musk that I have read about from previous reviews.

Big thumbs up!

BettyNoir

Whilst I quite like this, especially the pretty bottle, I find it barely lasts more than an hour. It's certainly tropical, with some fresh aquatic notes in there, and I do like the fragrance, but I always feel cheated if I have to reapply three or four times in a day!

polecat
polecat

To me this has an aquatic feel similar to that of TM WOMANITY but DESEO is much more wearable. It's fresh, slightly marine and but also citrus tangy.

I think the similarity to womanity comes with the slightly savoury and aquatic vibe I get from it. Of course it doesn't smell the same of WOMANITY but I do get that same oceanic feeling from it.

he longevity and silage are OK both around 7/10.

There is a woody citrus dry-down that feels cosy and reassuring while still remaining fresh and almost salty.

Someone keeps deleting my comparison to womanity on the 'reminds me of' but hey, they don't know what it reminds me of!

melange
melange

As I'm writing this, I'm actually making litttle pauses, now sniffing Deseo on one wrist, now DKNY Be Delicious on the other.

When I was about to try Deseo, I expected patchouli may be the main problem for me. I was wrong. Nothing about the listed notes prepares you for the aquatic nature of this fragrance, and I find this aquatic element much stronger than the flowers and the fruits. It was during this phase where its similarity to DKNY struck me.

Later: I could sense something oily, and reading the reviews below I do agree with the people who say they can sense a coconut. It is at this stage that patchouli gradually begins its efforts to steal the spotlight, and the scent becomes, on my skin, aquatic-patchouli with oily residue, a more outdoorsy, earthy version of Be Delicious. Choosing between the two, I would choose DKNY BD, although I'm not a fan; the oiliness of Deseo really bothers me, and the drydown here is less graceful.

Aerides
Aerides

I really like the citrus notes at the beginning, the yuzu and bamboo leaf are really distinctive, unfortunately I found the patchouli really overpowering with this fragrance and it was all I could smell for a good hour and a half. Then it begins to settle down into a really nice woody scent with a distinctive sandalwood and cedar smell. The patchouli is still there at the end but is more complemented somehow. This fragrance really grew on me. I found it quite unisex as well which I quite liked but might not be for everyone.

Mdox407
Mdox407

I absolutely love this fragrance! This smells EXACTLYYY like Rihanna's first fragrance it isn't even funny!

nightcat23
nightcat23

This is such a unique smell. To me, it literally smells "dry" and dusty like a rock from a barren desert. Saying that though I do like it. My mother wears it in summer and it smells really good on her. Tropical but dry.

yvolor
yvolor

I wish there was a "hate"-button for this awful scent... I really hate everything about it!

ingalee
ingalee

deseo from jlo is one of my favorites, tropical scent think it smells like coccos but right not it, wonder what it is that makes it smell coccos? Think it can be used as a day fragrance and that evening! but it smells summer! Like this fragrance, had a sample, so when it ended I just had to have that perfume! Otherwise I'm no fan of jlo perfumes! but this is a favorite!

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

One of my favourite perfumes ever. It's spicy tropical but with aquatic notes. I love it in winter when I miss summer day, I spray it on and feel hot sunshine. Of course, this perfume isn't typical fruity perfume, so I wouldn't dare to buy it as a gift.

bubububzy
bubububzy

Another blind buy and it does not agree with my skin chemistry. When settled on my skin it has the same effect as Davidoff cool water, which makes me want to gag. I loved the opening, refreshing, airy and masculine, but the dry down is a killer.

Princess
Princess

Deseo, does really smell like a rainkissed flower garden! If you are looking for a fresh tropical scent, like you are walking through a garden full of flowers when it just has rain, you are gonna love this:)

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

I'm sorry, but Deseo by Jlo is nothing that "wows" me.

The opening of this déjà vu fragrance is what Jennifer thinks is unusual, mystical and is "like a walk in her garden". It smells like grassy patchouli, pear and bland green florals. It's not horrendous, but it still doesn't have the fresh green crispness of say Cristalle or even Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau. It's just another celebrity scent to me.

The heart of this fragrance warms up a lil' bit, with the flowers giving a nice kick to the very very very sanitized patchouli and sandalwood.

The base of this fragrance smells cheap. It smells somewhere between hippy patchouli and clean cozy patchouli. Boring.

Overall, this is a so-so fragrance which really doesn't wow me. It starts off erratic with fresh flowers clashing with dark patchouli and then the patchouli straightens up and the flowers go sour. Pretty and somewhat faceless.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Absolutely captivating box and one of the most gorgeous bottles imaginable.....

BUT it is an aquatic scent to my nose, and full of freesia. I'll admire the bottle from afar!

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

This is on of her stronger scents to me. I can only wear two sprays, and I must let it dry after that. I still like it though.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I like this, tropical,watery and slightly woody-it makes me think of warm evenings walking through flower gardens when you're on holiday. Which is good, because that is exactly what I bought it for !

Nefelisparkles

Deseo is a bright, fun but also quite sophisticated fragrance. Smells clean and fresh at the begining then turns a little sweet and musky/earthy/dusty? I am currently loving it, got a large bottle, 100ml. Hope to love it still in a few months cause I never stick long enough with a particular perfume!

Paulinka.paja
Paulinka.paja

From the biggining it smell´s like a male fragrance, but than, a few second´s later, it small´s great on me. Somebody tells, that fell coconut. Really, I smell it too. Very extraordinary fragrance. But really try it before you buy it. And give the fragrance time to fully smell

sarage
sarage

Fresh, exotic summer breeze. Doesn't remind me of any other perfume I know.
Interesting, beautiful bottle.
I'd wear this in warm summer evenings.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I LOVE THIS! Its soft, citrus, woody & the white floral notes blend so well together. I think this fragrance is perfect for not just summer but anytime of the year. It does smells tropical in an aquatic way & I can see this as being a uni sex fragrance, but its not heavy or masculine at all. Its actually light.

kislany
kislany

When I first sprayed it on, I got a catch of something powdery, dry and almost unpleasant. But then, to my surprise, this scent left fast, to be replaced with a sweet aroma of jasmine and other flowers, that even my hubby liked. Fresh, yet heavy enough to be worn in winter as well.

It's actually quite delicious if you can get past the first initial negative whiff (which lasts only 2-3 seconds). Interesting the way the different layers unfold, each leaving a distinctive pleasant scent.

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

This was way too masculine of a perfume for me, I cant imagine what the male version smells like, J.lo makes some of my favorite perfumes but this was a total bust in my opinion. It reminded me of male soap with hints of tree bark, cute bottle though.

vinisantosrs

I don't get this ''freshness'' that everybody gets on deseo, I think it is very heavy, gives me headache when the body warms up and projects the scent... I wouldn't wear it on the summer. It has a vibe of old lady/old gentleman cologne with a tropical side that makes it sexy and confident.

rosembloom
rosembloom

Just got this gem-like bottle today and I am not quite sure what to think of it. Mysterious facets reveal themselves one after another and I( cannot pinpoint what it is that does not make this Desire a 'love' . It opens with fruity and zesty notes that remind me of the sea: fresh and luminous. It then morphs quickly to a subtle but warm floral that compliments the coconut which is rather dry here, making the scent light and wafty like clouds. The drydown reminds me of With love . As if on vacation and walking the path to the beach: passing by the breakfast nook to nibble on tropical fruit. As you walk towards the beach in a trail made woodsy with all the trees, blooms and moss sweetly permeating the air. As many said, we then sense this lovely aquatic note mixed with what i like to call the 'hot sand ' note. Add sunshine , waves of freshness,a pina colada, Cocoa tanning lotion and creamy sandalwood. I think this would indeed be a love if it lasted longer on me. But who knows? Desire has its ways!

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

Exotic , woody and FRESH . This is my favourite scent from j.LO !

sweetviolet
sweetviolet

This is an elegant yet refreshing fragrance! Yet perfect for anytime! It last a long time as well. I've recieved compliments on this one.

loonad
loonad

i find this fume to be very masculine-but not in a bad way.this is meant for a bold and direct woman.this perfume should be good in summer.like it.

Riss1028
Riss1028

All I can say is this is a great find! This to me is like Thierry Mugler Womanity with a softer touch. LOVE!!!

Pinja
Pinja

Deseo smells traditionally perfumey and it is quite heavy. It is not a particularly light or fresh fragrance, though the marketing jargon talks about a garden after a thunderstorm.
Would characterize this as a fruity-floral with lots of amber or patchouli. Quite nice, if you ignore what it is supposed to be, and enjoy the scent as it actually is.

jonr951
jonr951

Oh Deseo, how I LOVE and ADORE you! I can't get over how much I LOVE it! I think it's perfect for any weather really. It was freezing today and it felt perfect on. It's fresh enough for the scorching heat and creamy enough for the chilly cold. I absolultely love it and NEED another bottle. I wish more people liked it! It's been LONG gone. : (

CityStar91
CityStar91

Deseo has a cedar, green floral opening.

As Deseo dries down it begins to smell like Irish Spring soap because of the combination of (bergamot, orange blossom, and sandalwood)

From that point on it smells like men's body spray or a teenagers gym bag

Tropical green floral with a little of mugler's cologne thrown in

Unbreakable Heart
Unbreakable Heart

Starts off with a fresh blast of clean citrus & apple fruits with elegant traces of freesia.

as the heart comes in Deseo become surprisingly even more fresh with the added orange blossom + aquatic notes added by a light touch of sophistication from the mimosa flower.

Deseo has another stage right before the base which I will call the interlude. During this phase notes of coconut & pineapple sweetens the scent creating a beachy tropical escape that continues into the base.

the base of deseo is soft, warm, and comforting. Notes of amber, musk, & sandalwood creates this soft creamy sand / gravel note that has an innocence to it being so soft.

Top Notes: a sunny blast of citrus & apple notes with warm tones of freesia

middle: Orange blossom creates a fresh clean aura while mimosa provides a classic elegance

Interlude: A short combination of coconut & pineapple creates a tropical escape

Base: Amber, musk, & sandalwood creates a warm soft sand accord that is just dreamy

Gender: unisex

category: Floral aquatic

daytime wear

Jellybean
Jellybean

colognish-like floral. it hit me with a synthetic cheap blast; at first I could not believe this was JLo's perfume. Waited about 30 minutes and it became slightly fresher aquatic floral. This smell reminds me of loud whiffs of fumes I smelled at clubs. Unisex gearing more towards men. Where's all the fresh and light stuff many are talking about. I came to conclusion that this is stinky clubbish fume. It has slight amounts of soft musk and aquatic notes, that's trampled on by heavy floral and who knows what else: mumble jumble of ingredients. I have never smelled a garden as bad as this. Lets hope that one round of soap nullifies this stinker.

Deseoforever
Deseoforever

Piña colada mixed with smoky woods & amber. Smells like a mature version of miami glow. coconut, pineapples, and sand. Deseo is soft, smoky, creamy the fruits are not sweet but fresh & the florals are well blended

Malibu

On application the fragrance is lively and ‘green’. I can't separate the individual scent notes, but they combine into a fresh - but not heavy - mix. If anything I was surprised by how light DESEO is.

After a short while the fragrance warms with the watery and lightly spicy and creamy floral notes, it sweetens things up a little. I can detect a faint hint of coconut, though there’s no mention of this is in the fragrance notes. Maybe it’s just because I’m reminded of suntan lotion.

The slightly salty mineral accord in the base is the most dominant note for me; it lends an aquatic and sandy air to DESEO. I can also detect the woods, bringing to mind tropical woodland by a beach..

All in all; DESEO made an easy to wear, every day perfume for warmer months. The staying power was good and it was an inoffensive fragrance to others, so DESEO was something I constantly wore to work.

Whilst I enjoyed it, I didn't like it enough to replace my bottle when I finished it.

Lushylori
Lushylori

Deseo is a nice Perfume and what makes it nicer in my Opinion is the smell of coconut.
At first I thought it smelled like it could almost be a Unisex perfume but it drys down into something pretty & light. I still do believe that a man could get away with wearing this one too though.Its a Unique perfume for women because I find a lot of scents almost smell alike but this one is unlike any Perfume I've ever tested.
It would probably be more suited for Summer but I think its a warm cozy scent also and would do well for winter too.
The bottle is very pretty for being a perfume that doesnt cost very much. I'd recommend this one for sure :)

Scarlette
Scarlette

I quite enjoyed this fragrance in the summer of 2008... went through the whole bottle in 2 months. Sweet but not overly so, tropical, fun, young & sexy!

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

This is a very fragrance different from Jennifer Lopez's past fragrances.

the Opening: this fragrance opens up with florals of orange blossom, apple, citrus, pina colada & a hint of lotus flower

.it's a very fresh opening, with green apple, peachy pina colada, citrus, and clean florals.

the heart: blossoms with notes of mimosa & classic white florals

. The heart of the fragrance is very sophisticated with softened florals of french mimosa & what seems to be a velvety Gardenia/Tuberose like white flower.

The base: is warm, sweet, & seductive.

. The presence of the base is found throughout the fragrance giving a earthy green tone, while giving the fragrance a Ambery/ vanilla tone with soft sensuous undertones of Patchouli that is reminiscent to the patchouli note in black orchid.

very tropical green, floral, woody fragrance that is completely Unisex.

It smells like a tropical spin-off of Forever by Mariah Carey, they are very similar in the opening

I find Deseo has more personality than Forever which is very linear. Deseo start's off as a fresh fruit & white floral frag then dries down to a woody sweet vanilla frag.

if you like Forever & want something to wear without it being overpowering I suggest giving Deseo a try.

Narmis
Narmis

I absolutely love this perfume. For a celebrity scent, this is definitely a job well done and pretty original. The perfume reminds me of an island getaway: fresh, aquatic, tropical, musky, sexy and sensual :) As for the design of the bottle...well, it's different, and if you're all about the packaging, this is a cute piece to display on your vanity. Overall i would rate this perfume a 7 out of 10 :)

Booogie
Booogie

There's a lot to say about this one, in a good way. For a celebrity fragrance, it does "tropical" well. I smell very subtle coconut but it's just barely there, not overly sweet or thick. There's sexy, exotic florals... I smell some bitter green as well, definitely bamboo, which keeps it beautifully balanced and slightly woody. This was actually better and more mature than I was expecting, it's not a fruity-floral comparable to her other scents.

This reminds me of a rainforest (or what I imagine one would smell like) after a heavy rain...exotic, humid, sexy, woody. Like the commercial for Acqua Di Gioia! Needless to say, I think this makes a great rainy day scent. Takes you out of that city state-of-mind. Lasting power is great as well.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Deseo smells wonderful in the bottle. On my skin, the first hour is ok, very tropical, I get the coconutt thing although is more a "beach" impression of sun tan than actually a coconutt accord. After that hour the smells turns very rancid, like a dear member said "rotten fruits" and airfreshner. It turned so bad that I had to scrub it!
It a very misleading perfume because its smells so good in the beggining but then it turns really cheasy.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

This scent always reminds me of a tropical island setting, lots of palm trees, coconuts and waiters bringing me fancy drinks whilst I look out to a crystal clear ocean. Bamboo, patchouli and musk. It is a sweet cocktail-like fragrance that has quite a lot staying power and is gorgeous in summer. The bottle is lovely!

Trvevil
Trvevil

I have a 1 oz bottle of this for a year now, since I use it very rarely. I used to like this for a long time before I bought a bottle on clearance. For a celebrity frag, I find this one quite stands out - it is fruity, tropical, but unlike any other fruity fragrances I smelled. It even has a weird stenchy note - geranium, that stands out [oohh... I hate how geranium smells irl]. This time it kind of makes this more original. I've also received compliments when wearing this, but my dad said it's generic when smelled it from bottle. It's pretty sharp and even a bit nasty at a start, but in a good way. Then it kind of breaks down and smells yummy [pineapple!]. I think it works best for me in cold season. It is very long lasting on me and I still can sense it in my hair the whole next day. The bottle is cute and pretty neat [lol I have 3 bottles that are shaped like diamonds cut or uncut xD], I don't find it bulky or weird and definitely going to keep it when it's empty.

diddyscafe
diddyscafe

Very boring scent. I read that it was inspired by J.Lo's own tropical garden in Miami after the rain, so I was expecting lush frangipani, moss, bamboo etc but this scent is really, really miles away from anything exotic. It is very bland. The only nice thing about it is the bottle. In my opinion, her best fragrance of all is "Still".

SheShe
SheShe

I did have expectations because the bottle looks pretty.
I did gave a chance to another J. Lo's fragrance (I don't like Glow).
I do see she's perfume-fertile and too much doesn't mean good...

From the distance it reminds me of Miss Dior Cherie or Wish. Near my nose: Midnight Poison. It's light sweet and masculine. Actually "deseo" means "I desire" in Latin and "wish" in Spanish so...

My expectations went as far as the bamboo leaf but sorry, no. The scent is as if it was a mix of Miss Dior Cherie with Wish and is cold... also it is as if somebody didn't know what to put inside the fragrance and put whatever came to his mind. If it was inspired by garden, as a leaflet says, then the garden is cold, stiff and hostile a bit.

I didn't like geranium that showed up for a half of hour or so the most, also there's a huge dose of patchouli. I can detect mimosa and jasmine. Fragrance is fresh, a bit herbal, and a bit soapy.

There won't be another chance for Mrs J. Lo. I'm sorry I've bashed the frag but I don't like when a fragrance reminds me of 346 others.

daniiq93
daniiq93

This is my first fragrance by Jennifer Lopez, and i have to say; i love it. The bottle looks tropical, very beautiful. Normally i like the more classical perfume bottles, but i really love this design as well.

The fragrance itself is really fresh, light, and almost calming, very good for summer. At first, it does smell citrusy, but later it becomes more ''heavy'', without losing it's freshness. And i can definitely smell the bamboo! I'd recommend it for people that like subtle fragrances. Or just as a perfect summer scent.

QUEENIE0001
QUEENIE0001

I really cannot smell any coconut at all in this perfume. I can atleast appreciate that it doesn't smell
like all the other floral perfumes that have been coming out. I am really craving different smelling perfumes, patchoulli and sandelwood all the better.
This perfume is refreshingly different and lasts quite a while on me...love it.

glamrgirl7
glamrgirl7

If I had to put a fragrance to Ms. Lopez, this would definitely be it!
It's very subtropical with a down-to-earth air about it. I detect the musk and orange blossom in it as the stronger notes that make this so appealing to men. The bamboo and freesia effectively "tame" any of the heavier notes.
Almost conjures a vision of being on an island with lush tropical surroundings living an 'ideal' life!

Personal Note: I wish the scent had been able to last through a typical workday for me but it was a bit too beach-like for that... and I would've had to reapply about 3 hours in.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

Finally!!! A woodsy aquatic that I can wear!!! This is almost the dream aquatic that I'm looking for, except it is woodsy and not salty. Still, close enough for now!

It goes on fresh, and then in the first hour or two, I smell an odd floral coconut. It's what coconut would smell like as a cool flower. I wish that part would last longer, but it was gone after 2 hours or so. There are definite bamboo and green notes that last.

It's been 9 hours since I first sprayed it on, and I can still smell it if I get my nose close to my elbow. Smellable-by-others: probably 7 hours.

I may actually break my own rule and buy a backup bottle of this, since I've heard it has been discontinued. I usually do not risk buying a backup bottle of anything because I am afraid it will be spoiled by the time I use up the original.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This smells like heaven on my mother, bamboo and sandalwood dominate. On myself it actually inspires me to nausea. It makes my head whirl and I become intensely nauseated as if I had been on a sailboat.
It is still a very nice perfume and has a lovely aroma on the right lady. Very aquatic smelling too, watery. Lasting power is average for me (2-3+ hours) but depends on skin/chemistry. My mother always layers with the lotion and that creates a divine aroma and lasting power of an entire day.
The pretty but weird bottle however sprays way too much and is hard to use (mine broke directly after I opened the box).

Ouch!
Ouch!

As with alot of Jennifer Lopez perfumes, this one is once again on the tropical vibe. I can see the coconut reference but...it's kind of NOT coconut at the same time. Very hard to describe. It's like a more mature...sophisticated tropical than an in-your-face sunscreen smell like Miami/sunkissed glow.

The bamboo and geranium keep this fresher...it's more lush..more crisp..more "Perfumey" than her other tropical scents. It's more sharp more crytalline and has an aquatic undertone. I would wear this on a night out after being at the beach on holiday. It's more that kind of smell...

I like it, I don't think it's amazing...for the price I got it I have no complaints, the bottle is very pretty too in my opinion, I'm now working my way through my 100ml bottle this summer to finish it.

Overall it's good, I'll enjoy wearing it. Not the best Jlo scent though.

I bought this as a blind buy since it was on sale and some reviewers talked about coconut. I find it a little acquatic and creamy. I'm not too sure if I can really detect coconut. It's a creamy scent for summer. Since I'm not such an acquatic scent user, I'm glad I only have purchased 30ml. Deseo is IMO not really a coconut scent. "Dare me" by Kimora Lee Simmons is a coconut scent. I guess I'll be able to use up Deseo but it's not really a scent I enjoy much.

vinisantosrs

It's a tropical woody-flower frangrance. We can feel the neroli, jasmine, and kind of coconut notes on this. We can feel the mineral notes too, and it's not a sweet fragrance. Kind of a walk through a garden after a rain, like JLo describes it. Good staying power and I think it's better for fall or winter days, too strong on summer days and gives me headache.

Cahmila
Cahmila

The first time I tried it on I hated it. As I had already bought it, I decided to wear it again. Then, I liked it, and everytime I use it I like it more than before... This is an exotic fragrance, it's not a smell that everybody knows like Fantasy, for example. You're gonna love it... It's unique... I can't describe...

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I will not support Jennifer Lopez in her perfumes either. I have a scent replica or "knock off" of this scent.I have never smelled the original "real" scent,nor will I ever. I cannot believe my eyes to read how little Jennifer Lopez cares about animals. Tragic to me.

This scent is very green to me. I mostly get patchouli,more than anything,then a little bit of woods and vetiver. It smells of nature,and it has no gender as far as I am concerned.

It fills my heart with joy to see others speaking out against animal cruelty. I also never wear real animal musk,the musk in my Deseo knock off is synthetic.

ImpishLisa

I bought it cheap on the day-after-christmas Walmart sal., I paid 10 american dollars for this big, odd shaped bottle, but the bottle isn't why I love it.

My perfumes I rotate currently are Ysatis, Opium, Deseo, Afred Sung's Sung, Escada Into the Blue, and Estee's Pleasures and Duff's With Love.

This and With Love both need time to mature into something that bonds with my personal chemistry.

This gets me a lot of male attention. It comes on obnoxiously aggressive, like those creepy guys ...you know what I mean. Pushy and so..ugh. Get away! That was my first spritz of Deseo.

But..like some of those bad-first-impression guys, Deseo has depth; a dry-down from that first slap-attack on my senses quickly mellows (10 to 15 minutes) to a woodsy, rich patchouli and summer scent that is very grown up. IMO tweens shouldn't wear this.

It's a spicy scent, one that (to me) isn't for office. Then again, I don't want my perfume to be what they notice at work. Deseo gets noticed. This is an after hours fragrance, feminine and frankly carnal. Men that smell it on me want to come closer for another whiff. And trust me, I look nothing like J-Lo!

sofababe
sofababe

Very bitter to start with but give it 30 minutes and its lovely. I do get the coconut even though its not listed:-/
Warm, soft, tropical but not overly sweet. I'm quite impressed with J-Lo's frags, I have this, Miami Glow and Still. I had Glow some years ago and liked it but not enough to re-buy it. Why on earth are they discontinuing this??? But if they weren't I guess I would have paid a lot more than £8 for 50ml.

curcuma
curcuma

I really hate the fresh opening, I hate it so bad that I cant wear it at all.. But I would probably love the base notes..... :(

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I don't smell any of the floral notes in this one at all. On me this dries down to more cedar and patchouli, with slight hint of citrus, which is not my kind of scent. It's strong at first, then dies down rather quickly. I sprayed it and within 15 minutes it was very light on my arm, so this tells me the stay power on this one not very good. Not a keeper for me.

MsRachael
MsRachael

Deseo is very like a tropical garden, with a passing nod to some sweet, woody smelling greens. Very warm, and nicely feminine, without being over the top. It's lightly sensual, the orange blossom, freesia and mimosa notes harmonizing with particular sweetness.

I was expecting this to smell purely floral based ont the spray on paper but on the skin it's quite different. It's very warm and inviting, and although there are florals in here, there is a soft sandalwood based drydown that is very comforting. Overall, quite a nice surprise.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

JLo has veray nice perfumes, also this one, i had a trial, it's very coconutty tropical, but stying power is very low - can expect than a nice bottle more from a diva like this... for the post below mine: what problem you have with people liking animals being against the behavior and ignorant attitude of JLo on the topic animal welfare!??? what's childish about pointing out that customer shouldn't support JLo because she doesn't care about?! childish is to not care about and demanding to ban people about their free speach, you know.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

yup hence the name jlo the fur hoe. Its horrible, thats why I like paris hilton she stopped wearing fur after she saw what they did. Jlo is just a bitch

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

Different but I like it. I get no coconut from this. My skin pulls out the patch, cedar, geranium and oakmoss. Usually, oakmoss and me don't get along but it's not front and center in this perfume. There's enough patchouli in it to make me happy with the drydown. The drydown turns masculine on me but that's my favorite part of this perfume. Not my usual taste. I do like "pretty" florals and while I wouldn't classify this one as "pretty," it is "interesting." When I want "interesting," I reach for this.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Well, my experience of Deseo is pretty unique for me and I've never had this situation with a perfume before!

I ordered a bottle of Deseo blind based on the good reviews and how cheaply I was able to get a bottle for, so I thought I had nothing to lose by trying it. It arrived this morning and, to be honest, it's really nothing special. Despite all the 'Glow'ing reviews about it, in my opinion it's totally overrated. Yes, it's got a 'tropical' feel; Yes, it smells a bit beachy; and it definitely smells coconut'y (despite the fact that apparently it doesn't contain it), but I find it kind of blah and boring. The coconut smell is what I mainly smell in it and it smells just like dessicated coconut, with a slightly creamy aspect (and very much like Hawaiian Tropic). I was hoping I would be one of those people who couldn't smell it because although I love coconut to eat, and in cake, ice cream, etc, it's not something I actually want to reek of and I definitely don't find it sexy! Also, the staying power of Deseo is bad - 5 hours or so on my skin and it's almost totally evaporated.

However, the fact that this perfume is just so-so is not the main reason I'm returning it. I wasn't aware until yesterday, when a friend told me, that J-Lo has fur farms and uses fur in her clothing collections and happily wears it herself. As a vegetarian and a major animal lover who very much cares about animal welfare, I was shocked by what my friend told me about J-Lo's indifference to animal welfare and the fact that despite having come under attack for her use of fur and the fur farming, she still blatantly disregards that and continues to use it.

I certainly don't want to know that my money is lining the pockets of someone with such a blatant disregard for animal welfare and who clearly is vain enough and greedy enough to not give a damn. So, as much as J-Lo may be admirable for her drive and success, she's gone way down in my estimation (not that I'm a huge fan of her music or movies anyway!) and I find it shocking that she could be so callous and indifferent towards animals.

So, even if Deseo had been the loveliest perfume I'd ever smelled (it isn't!), I would still be returning it. However, Deseo is just a decidedly average perfume, just as Glow is (which is the only other J-Lo perfume I've smelled and which I was also very unimpressed by).

I certainly don't want to make someone who's as cold-hearted as J-Lo any wealthier than she already is, given that she clearly has no regard for animals whatsoever and seems to be more than happy to contribute towards the horrific treatment some of them are forced to endure at the hands of humans. I definitely couldn't rest easy knowing I was supporting someone like that by buying her perfumes, etc. So, I'm more than happy to return my bottle of Deseo and to never touch any of her products again.

Ecmaddox
Ecmaddox

I like it a lot! it's very sophisticated and rich smelling unlike other celebrity perfumes. it does have kind of a masculine note to it but i love that. the bottle is so beautiful and expensive looking as well. definitely worth trying!

lizzie81
lizzie81

Well i'm a huge fan of this one! I wore it religiously all last summer. I do find i do not like the smell when sniffed from the bottle (which is why it took me ages to actually try it) but then i plumped for it and the warmth from my skin really warmed it up into this lovely tropically, intoxicating, heady fragrance. I think men could also wear this one, its quite unique, warming and sexy!

SexySpice
SexySpice

Mmmmmm, my friend had this stashed in her purse before her job interview and let me have a few sprays. I love it! It's sexy, womanly, and yet can be appropriate for school and the workplace. An excellent fragrence for something like a job interview! but also would be perfect for a date and night out. I very much love Deseo.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

I'm really impressed with the quality and originality of the JLo range of perfumes. I've grown up with the French classics, but her perfumes are actually quite lovely. I like ALL of them - especially "Still" and "Miami Glow."

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

Warm summer beach holiday feel to this fragrance. What's intriguing to me is the saltiness I get from it - combined with the tropical flowers and fruit, it really is a delightful summer getaway - pina coladas Deseo and me strolling along the sand at sunset.

krissycat
krissycat

I am SOOO happy I got this one. I never heard of this perfume but found it reviewed on this site. I was not disappointed I ordered this online. This is such a spring scent and it definetely does remind me of a garden of lovely flowers. It reminds me of a woman I used to admire back when I was a litte younger, she must have worn this because the second I sprayed this on I thought of her immediately and remembered how lovely she always smelled. I definetely recommend this one

bliss
bliss

I just bought this unsniffed and I never do that! I also rarely buy celebrity frags but his one I saw on sale and had to try. I'm really glad I did. It is a great addition to my small collection. It is slightly sweet, moderately powdery and very soft and sensuous. I think I can wear this almost any time. Yesterday I doused myself in it as I was recovering from some dental work and it really cheered me up. It was like a cloud of soft, sweet, tropical comfort. I love it!
It has a tropical feel, but just slightly to me. I don't smell coconut but a little bit of pineapple. I don;t love aquatic scents but this is quite fresh and a little floral. The musk and woods in the drydown are very suble, just enough to make it both soft, warm, and sensuous. It was definitely a nice surprise for $20.

sweetpatchi

Deseo is a fragrance that captures all things that are fresh, beautiful and tropical....I always get a lot of compliments and they have the same reaction towards this scent. People say to me....

" it's tropical garden in a bottle."

"that perfume you're wearing is very beautiful, I can't wait to see the bottle and get my own."

"oh my...you smell like an elegant woman who loves tropical places."

"I could smell vacation in you in a tropical garden and tropical beach. So lovely smell."

"wow, that's an amazing tropical scent you're wearing!"....

J-lo really did a good job! My Lotion is almost out and my bottle is almost empty....I can't wait to buy more and more...I'm addicted to Deseo!

Fashionkid123
Fashionkid123

I just got this from a friend who has a perfume shop. When I opened the box I immediately got a whiff of something spicy...and if you let the scent linger in your nose and think about it, you get the sweet floral notes. When I do wear it, I'll report back :)

chaos2
chaos2

I was surprised at how much I liked it. I tried it and kept thinking about it. I gave a bottle to my stepmom for Christmas (I wished I had kept it.) When I saw it again I bought it. I like the lotion even better b/c it is brought to life by body warmth. I get many compliments on it and people want to know what it is.
The body lotion seems much more smooth than the EP. It starts out real strong too, but eases down in about 15 min. Then it is warm and elegant and lasts for a really long time.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I don't know what it is about this perfume that draws me in but I can't stop sniffing this little concoction. I tested this years ago at Macy's and hated it, then re-tested it and ended up loving it so much I bought a big bottle of it. I typically only wear this in the summer because it is just odd to wear something this lush and summery in the winter. It lasts forever on me and there is just something so tropical and lush about it. I can't put my finger on it but it draws me in due to its unique scent. I have never really smelled anything else like it. Very unique.

i got this as a christmas gift and didn't think i was going to like it. i only like jl's glow. but, i did like it. one of my favorites now actually. it goes on strong, but on my skin turns a powdery, musky scent with wild bloom undernotes. lasts a good while for me. oh, and i actually love the bottle, i think its beautiful.

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

It did not take me long to return this one. I don't know what was so strange about this scent, it did not work well with my chemistry. Before I returned the bottle, I ask my husband to smell it. One spray in the cap and I knew he didn't like it either. Not her best scent in my opinion.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I have bought Deseo unsniffed and I do not regret it though it took me 3 days to conclude that I like it.
I used it on Saturday for the first time ever and after spraying it generously (15 sprays), I felt smothered in patchouli.
Actually, I did not smell much else for the whole day but yesterday I was a little wiser:
5 sprays, an hour later another 5 sprays and it was soo lovely!
On initial spray I get a lot of patchouli instantly but after a few seconds I could properly smell the bamboo and the citrus fruits (but no Freesia) with a hint of patchouli and I could really picture an exotic garden with a pond at night.
The drydown happened quickly after about 15 minutes and I mainly got patchouli, jasmine and a few flowery notes (none of them strong enough for me to say it is mimosa or orange flower or...) and it smells just gorgeous.
After about 4 or 5 hours the scent has almost faded but I can still smell the base which is mainly patchouli and cedar.
The cedar in the base is very well chosen and it is the one ingredient that makes sure the scent is fresh AND woodsy throughout.

Someone wrote that Deseo smells expensive and I fully agree.
I would say the scent is quite mature compared to what else is on the celeb-perfume-market.
I do not want to relate a scent to a certain age group but compared to the usual suspects on the celeb perfume aisle Deseo is grown-up, maybe mature and definitely surprisingly sophisticated.
If you expect another sugar bomb like Britney's Fantasy, you will be surprised.
It is sooo well done and would be perfect for work (if you wear a suit) or a rainy night out in a tent in a jungle.
Give it a chance or maybe even 3 like I did, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Oh, and I did not sense any coconut at all.
I know why some people swear they can smell it but it is not there.

Woodelf
Woodelf

I purchased Deseo because of so many positive reviews here, but sadly, this one does not work on me. It is heavy, masculine and cloying on me - too much patchouli and musk which overpowers the lighter floral and green notes. Like Mugler's Angel, this one turns to bug spray on me. I'm envious of those of you who can carry this one off.

lyndsey12
lyndsey12

I am wearing this today adn agree with fallin in the way that I too don't get any tropical notes. However, it is a lovely classy fragrance which smells more expensive than it is.
I detect musk in the dry down which is prominent.
Suitable for any age, my mum borrows this on occasions and loves it. For day or night use.

fallingin28

This deserves a better review from me!

When I spray Deseo on I feel more mature, confident, but soft and feminine.

I do not get a change in notes, on my skin (or a change that is noticeable). I get a constant, but lovely smell that is spicy, floral and woody with a hint of aquatic and sweetness. It's a bit dewy, and tender to me, and sweet in a not cloying, sugary,candy way just natural womanly way. I don't get any of the tropical notes people are mentioning below, no pineapple, no coconut for me, but I don't mind this time.

Looking at the notes I feel the base notes must come through quickly and strongly on me. I don't mind, but would've been nice to experience the top and middle notes longer if at all.

Over all I enjoy it, it lasts quite a while on my skin, and is a lovely scent that is unique to anything else I own. I would definitely consider purchasing again if I ran out.

mandashell
mandashell

Have to say this is nice even if not particularly right for me. Happy to have sniffed a perfume with coconut that doesn't smell all artificial and suntan lotion-y. The perfumers deserve huge marks for that one. The scent has a bit of a watery and sweet citrus opening that blends perfectly well with the bamboo, coconut, florals and musk. Wouldn't shine as brightly now that things are cooling down here in Michigan but when the heat is on, I may have to put Deseo into heavy rotation. It's pretty darn good! ;')

sweetpatchi

today is rainy day..and it is a heavy rain....Just got out from the shower and decided to put on my deseo lotion and spray a little of the perfume in my clothes...aaaahhhhhhh....soooo fresh and clean...I feel like I'm in a garden filled with beautiful blooming flowers...and then there's a spring water where I dip my feet in and capture the fresh breeze of air....I've never felt so fresh ever...This is the most wonderful feeling ever....oh I smell soooo good! I'm madly inlove with DESEO....keep making this fragrance Jen, never discontinue this or I'll be the saddest person ever!

sweetpatchi

This perfume is one of J-los best perfume! I recently bought the gift set (100ml perfume, body lotion and roll on perfume)...It is perfect in my dresser cuz the bottle is super gorgeous! And like many other reviewers comment, it is indeed very tropical, sophisticated, and fresh! I just adore it like my other j-lo perfumes (Still and Live).

The scent makes me feel really happy when I have it on...the scent last especially when I spray a little in my hair and clothes...Good job J-lo for making this perfect perfume!

guest_Kat
guest_Kat

I LOVED Deseo. I'm extremely particular about perfumes and haven't worn anything else in years except "Lovely" by Sarah Jessica Parker.
I sprayed Deseo on my wrists and left the store. A week later, I went back and bought it. It's subtle, sexy, yummy! I'm 52 years young and think it's perfect scent for my age.

dial800whocares
dial800whocares

There is a lot to be said about testing a fragrance on your skin vs the tester paper. Such is the case with Deseo. The first time I smelled this on paper I was underwhelmed to say the least. I honestly could not understand the fuss or pick up on any tropical vibe people were talking about. I decided to purchase it anyway and sprayed it on my wrist before I drove home.

Omg what a difference!

This scent is beautiful. It reminds me of when you land on a tropical island and as you are getting off the plane you can smell the mix of suntan lotion, sea air, sand, tropics and everything peaceful in the air.

Somehow deseo manages to capture this scent without becoming to fruity or too much like suntan lotion.

It says deseo is supposedly inspired by J-Lo's garden and if J-lo's backyard is a tropical island then Kudos they captured this scent perfectly.

Im really enjoying this one.

sweetpatchi

I just purchased still by j-lo 2 days ago and I'm soooo inlove with it! then the following day i found a gift set of deseo with lotion and roll-on fume, i tried and tested the scent...it's amazing! it's so tropical and I love it! And I love the bottle it's gorgeous! I've got to save up and get the gift set! Deseo is perfect in my dresser...will defnitely be included in my collection! I loooove j-lo's fragrances! They last a long time on me too! If it does'nt last to other people...it's their body chemistry! But to me almost all perfumes last especially j-lo's...I'm so lucky!

fallingin28

I bought this on a whim, I liked the reviews and the notes and just decided to get it without even smelling! When I first smelled it I thought it was strong, not something I would normally wear, so I wore it a few times but didn't fall in love with it. Recently I have worn it and love the depth of the notes. Only a little sweet/fruity, woodsy, fresh and spicy!

murysusanto
murysusanto

Very very good perfume. This is something that I bought with less penny for such a beautiful product. Just got it today and when my girlfriend sprayed, it was so nice and projects magnificantly. Now I have to get one myself, I hope it's available here soon.

delphine67
delphine67

I bought this one on sale today. And I love it so much. very tropical but soft scent. A pleasure too wear. At first spritz I smell the pineapple and coconut that later on fuses in a soft flowery woody fume. yes very DESEO

And I bought myself the bodylotion of Deseo, which I already owned and yes, it is tropical yet again! Strange thing however is that when you look at the notes, the idea does not seem very tropical. But when you smell it, it CERTAINLY does!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

This is more of a tropical scent that smells clean with hints of suntan lotion and wood. This is a perfect scent for hot weather and the beach. It's a bit strong when your first spray it but then it fuses with your skin and it becomes a smell that is soft, clean and sweet. It's more like a skin scent. This is great also for romantic nights with your significant other. I always get complimented from my husband when I wear this one!

rubyweapon
rubyweapon

huge fan of this! it has more complexity that her glow line(which i adore)and is a very feminine lush, rich scent of flowers and fresh wet earth. the bottle is lovely and the lasting power of the scent is wonderful.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This smells so similar to Miami Glow to me that I am almost hesitant to buy it because seriously, for tropical perfume lovers, what is better than Miami Glow?

But then in the drydown it is a lot more grown up & smokey. It seems like a natural progression from MG to Deseo.

Really ugly bottle though.

Casi
Casi

Rather than go through the list of notes and talk about the top, heart and base notes, I just closed my eyes and let Deseo paint a picture in my mind.

I am at the beach and it is late in the afternoon. Just as the sun is setting, my friends and I build a bonfire and sit in the sand. The glowing fire warms my face and it smells dry, warm and comforting. The scent of the ocean water and sand lingers in my hair and all over my body. I am dressed in a flowing white sarong and my feet are bare. I have some flowers in my hair and their aroma is more of a whisper than a strong presence. Smoke, pina colada, earth, sand and salt permeates the air. This scene in my mind is so serene and simple...pure summertime fun!

There is a real spiciness to Deseo. I think that the spiciness is what I like best in this fragrance. Deseo is spicy with a a slight touch of tropical fruits and just a hint of some floral notes to add freshness and balance. This is a relaxing fragrance that would be suitable for any time of year. Yet, I feel that I would most enjoy it during California's warm summer days and breezy, cool evenings.

This is the first fragrance that I have tested from Jennifer Lopez and I suspect that this is the only one that I would enjoy. I like the composition here and I find Deseo to be a solid, original perfume. The sillage is adequate and on my skin, it lasts for hours.

Lydiamarine
Lydiamarine

Today at last I had the chance to try Deseo. Although on pictures the bottle looks fascinating, in real it just looks like an old piece of children toy, tacky and too plastic. This was a big disappointment for me.
At first i sprayed it on a sampling paper and with first sniff i smelled of rain in a green garden. Then the flowers came out but not in very feminine way, a woodsy smell was there too.
Then some fruity like smells come and go but not loud, just a hint of them.
After all these sampling I was satisfied enough to test it on my skin (sometimes when I do it directly some scents give me a headache and makes me nauseous).
On my skin I can smell besides all of these scents a sweet something, most probably patchouli (oh I love patchouli) which makes this scents a little bit more feminine and wearable for me.
I want to try it again though, because I didnt sprayed it on my skin directly, but in a perfume cloud.
I want to know how it smells when I spray it directly.

Yes very tropical but in a very unusual way.
And no, I could not smell any hint of coconut. I was looking for it but, unfortunately it wasn't there.

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

i really liked it! it's so tropical... not in bronze goddess (estee lauder) way, but more subtle...

i can only imagine how could this one behave in brazil or another tropical country!

DELICIOUS

melia
melia

I always think this really smells like the 'intratuin': that's the name of a big garden-centre in the Netherlands, and that's not really something anyone would want to smell like.

nyoka
nyoka

i love this sweet wet,dewy fume.i can smell the yuzu and bamboo with hints of freesia/that alone would b enough,but u actually feel as if ur floating thru a mist covered garden smelling the sweet mimosa and gardenias.you linger there for a long time then u come out of the flowers into the sunshine where cedar trees are growing with oakmoss and a touch of musk floats thru the air.this is one of the fumes i call an experience.goes wonderfully anytime u want to be in a dreamlike fairytale mood.also,man magnet.

alexanna7
alexanna7

Deseo is a nice exotic and woody fragrance!On me i got: bamboo,lemon,freesia,jasmine,orange flowers and an oriental base.Love that she captures the smell of a tropical garden!Even a smell of a moist soil!Love that you feel in vacation with that perfume! Different,sexy,exotic! Love it!

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

I´ve tested Deseo yesterday. I love the combination of notes. I found the softness of this fragrance and the sillage very impressive. And I found it a little similar to Vocalise.

All in all, i would recommend you to set your prejudices aside and try this one if you like woody musky perfumes. Very very nice...

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I sprayed this on my wrist in a shop today after reading the reviews here that suggested it was tropical and fresh with coconut notes. It's been bitterly cold here lately, so 'tropical' sounded like a nice treat.

Unfortunately, the floral top notes were unpleasantly loud, the coconut was too syrupy sweet, and that sweetness ruined any green freshness that might have saved the dry down. I couldn't get home fast enough so I could wash it off.

guest_Brindy
guest_Brindy

This was given to me as a gift and to be honest I really disliked it. It smells horrid at first sniff. However I wore it anyway. Give it a chance as the drydown is quite nice.

funny enough its my boyfriends favourite on me. Damn shame I don't really care for it. Gave me a headache :8(

c3c
c3c

I tried this on in a department store and my first thought was, huh, not bad! But there's something about it that makes me think "syrupy synthetic coconut" and after awhile that made me really want to wash it off. It was very linear on me. Not awful, but not my thing.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

Eau de Pina Colada.
On me and to me it smells exactly like a Pina Colada with a fresh whiff!

Stays for about 3.5 hours, but I could still smell a little bit of coconut after that.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I really like this one! I didnt think I would because it thought it might smell masculine. But wow. Especailly the top and middle notes are just beautiful. I think the freesia note is what really gets me. I dont really smell coconut, but i can see how someone might think that they could smell it. I dont really smell any fruits either. Just mainly moist flowers and soil (which is actually a great thing). I do wish that there was no patchouli in this. It is barely detectable, but when deseo dries down, you can sense it. But i am quite happy with Deseo (i recieved it in a trade). I think this will be a great summer scent. :)I also believe this scent rides on the line of elegant; it could be worn to a nice outdoor party.

Michele716
Michele716

I'm trying to decide if I like this one. I think it's growing on me.I can't figure out where the coconut is coming from since it's not in the description and I'm really not a fan. Maybe it's one of those "hidden" notes. On me, I smell no fruit or flowers and nothing tropical. It's not an overpowering scent and would be ok for casual times. The bottle is pretty but I find it a little hard to handle.

sharyssa
sharyssa

This has to be my favorite fragrance there is just something about it that I just can't get enough of.It smells buttery and coconut like to me so unusual but something I love to keep smelling again and again. I really like this fragrance.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

There are perfumes for every moment and feeling in life,, actually they could work as soundtracks in life's film, some are for the moments you want to feel light, innocent -eau de Rochas is my fav for these moments, others for feeling posh-Armani Idole- and some of them,, they feel so good, you even want to put them on after the night shower, before going to bed, sleep with them, and use them as guides to the unknown dreamlands... Probably one of the best for this,is Deseo . You put it on, and all of a sudden, the linen sheets feel like a garden, in the night, full of jasmin, grass smell, you can even smell the night moist earth..Makes me feel comfortable, secure, earth moistered by the night, i can also smell the sea in it..

janerry_corpuz
janerry_corpuz

I smell a lot of coconut here, its warm and sensual but I cannot detect the woodsy notes. What comes to me is deseo's green notes. I would not wear it nor include it on my wishlist, but I would probably wear this during summer vacation in the beach.

taydev
taydev

to me its not that bad. probably one of the best celebrity fragrances i have smelled that doesnt give off something artificial. I also think its the best out of the jlo collection. Probably wont buy it though but its really not bad to me at all

iset
iset

I like Deseo alot on some days.My mood changes from day to day. I never hardly wear the same fragrance two days in a row. I have worn all of Jlo's fragrances. I like Deseo the most. I still like Glow too, it smells good on me. Deseo drys down to a sexey woodsy smell.
I love fragrance I change it with my mood.

falovalo
falovalo

I thought I smelled coconut!!! Deseo smells so tropical and lovely. I can't really say what notes I smell, but they sure do blend nicely. It's not too strong, but you can still smell it. This is my favorite Jennifer Lopez fragrance out of all that I tried from her line.

guest_Isla
guest_Isla

Not crazy about DESEO. Is sitting on top of dresser for months already. I'm going to give it away. The scent is so strong and so hardcore that I don't feel sexy at all.

korova
korova

Very lush and green smelling on first application, then an almost gingery spicy fragrance after about an hour. If only the smell lasted a bit longer than a couple of hours on me it would be my all time favourite.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

It feels like walking through an exotic island in the evening when it just have been raining.And you can smell all the wet flowers and leaves..great for summertime and beachparties..

Spring25
Spring25

I tried this a couple times and liked it very much. I would describe it as a tropical green floral fragrance. The slight woody scent reminded me of trees in a rainforest. It is definitely a warm, mature, and sexy fragrance. The drydown, which was still present even after five hours of wear, was surprisingly clean and soapy - very nice for a hot summer day or night.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

I really didn't want to like this perfume, first because I'm a snob and detest celebrity perfumes on principle, and second, cos the bottle irritates me; Uncut diamond or big pointless lump? I can't help thinking the marketing department is covering a cock-up back at the factory. Then I tried the perfume.

Oooh! Coconut, powdery but not too much...this note, used in such a sophisticated way in Versace Crystal Noir, is more early evening-by-the-beach here. In the Versace fragrance the coconut is a beautiful undertone. Here it blows you away, not subtle but very sultry, and then another note, green I think but can't quite identify, lights the fragrance up as it settles. Deseo is an exception to perfume traditions, a warm scent that suits hot days.

Now, can I persuade myself into liking that bottle? If I tell myself it's a crystal blue wave on the pacific, I lose my only excuse for not buying this!

TashaRose
TashaRose

I waited quite a while before reviewing this because I wanted to make sure that my thoughts on this weren't going to change. It's exotic and tropical smelling, but there's more to it than that. This perfume washes over me in waves. The sweetness of fruit and flowers does hit me, but so does the amber, sandalwood, patchouli, and musk. I also smell water, fresh and salty like the sea on a sunny, tropical day. The bottle screams "day at the beach" too, warm and crystalline, a beautiful blue crystal. It's more subtle than you would expect it to be, given the notes. Unlike other reviewers, I smell a lot more than coconut in this perfume. There definitely is coconut, mind you... but it's more musky and exotic than overly sweet coconut.

renneyg007
renneyg007

I agree with vdxl in that this is fresh, aquatic but in a natural way. For me there is a tropical feel to this. I don't get any coconut but do get a warm sweetness. Not a major player in my perfume collection, though I'm glad i purchased it.

vdxl
vdxl

A very sensual mineral floral fragrance. It is quite mature, it is maybe aquatic, but not in the way that are the others, but in a natural manner. It is very sexy on women, even though Deseo suggests me in general a red bottle, not a crystal blue one. It is fresh, yes, but not like your cheap citrus-marine shower gel. It contains a nice floral bouquet that makes your woman feel comfortable yet desired even if she does not like heavy scents.

Michii_<3
Michii_<3

Deseo takes me back to the Venezuelan rainforest..the warm, mineral smell of the air, the trees with their wooden branches and lush green dew scattered leaves, tall bamboo plants and beautiful tropical flowers surrounding a deep blue lagoon..and the bottle looks like a beautiful rock jewel that would sit at the bottom of the lagoon sparkling in the sunlight. This fragrance is sensual, warm, spicy and tropical, it smells very natural, very woody with hints of summer flowers. I personally smell no coconut in Deseo, the only way I could relate this scent to a coconut is probably the woody brown outer shell of the coconut rather than the sweet white fruit inside. I love how this fragrance is summery and tropical without smelling like fruit punch or suntan lotion, it is very beautiful..I have a feeling that this is going to be a favourite of mine for a long time :)

Girly T-Rex
Girly T-Rex

Hmm looking at all the notes in Deseo, I thought that I would love this perfume. Well, I was wrong...I can't smell any of the floral notes in it, only a weird smelling synthetic coconut-like smell. To me it's very strong and suffocating. I'm just glad that I got a sample of it first instead of buying a full size bottle.

Annie_D
Annie_D

This scent is nice on my skin a strong coconut smell comes out. I think it's appropriate for vacation, or if you live on a beach. I don't I live in the city and it just doesn't quite work for me even in the summer. It is nice and I take it with me on vacation. Unfortunately I don't smell floral it's all coconut to me!

ramiske
ramiske

I tested this at a local store, and wasn't very impressed. It wasn't bad, but nothing stood out to me. I didn't really smell any of the notes that I see in the other reviews, so maybe I'll give it another test when I'm not being rushed by my 5 year old!

ktv0926
ktv0926

I don't like it. I was caught initially by the opening notes for a couple of minutes, the scent of some tropical fruit was unusual and interesting, but afterwards - no no no.

Like somebody mentioned here - with time passing by, this fragrance was rapidly dying until fruits and flowers became completely rotten.

I really liked this perfume. It's floral and sweet without being too young and sickening. I can imagine this fragrance appealing to women and not just little girls. I actually find this fragrance quite sophisticated and versatile. It could blend well into any situation, whether it be a casual outing or a special occasion. I also find it quite beachy. Unfortunately Deseo is not long-lasting, so I find that to be this scent's only downfall.

marie08
marie08

This smells like the beach, musky and aquatic at the same time. Some say the bottle is tacky, but I think it's unique and pretty. The scent is different from all the floral and fruity perfumes out there; I love it.

Malibu

I’m rubbish at describing scents, but here I go: On application the fragrance is ‘green’. The notes of bamboo leaves, bergamot and yuzu are fresh, but not heavy. If anything I was surprised by how light DESEO is.

After a short while the fragrance ‘warms’ with the geranium, orange blossom and mimosa. Other people who have tried DESEO have said the scent is sweet and fruity, but I haven’t experienced this. I can detect a faint hint of coconut, though there’s no mention of this is in the fragrance notes. Maybe it’s just because I’m reminded of suntan lotion!!

The mineral accord in the base is the most dominant for me; it lends an aquatic air to DESEO. I can also detect the woods, bringing to mind tropical woodland by a beach.

Allegra
Allegra

I quite like other JLo fragrances but not this one. I've tried and tested Deseo for several times now and finally got assured that it isn't a perfume for me. It's just too dry, woody, bland and sort of thick scent to meet my demands and expectations of a good wearable scent. Besides, I can't stand coconut smell in any way (too sweet and nauseating) and Deseo has it as a strong note. So it's no thanks.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Wow this bottle is soo pretty! I just had a feeling I would love this one. Im not sure why since reg glow is the only JLo I have been into. I really got the strange chemical smell right off? Something is off in this scent and I cant put my finger on it. If you love the heavy basenotes of musk, patchouli, oak moss and sandalwood you will probably love this! Its just smells odd to me because it is suppose to be a beachy scent and starts off on that note. The drydown is very warm!!

Surreal
Surreal

I don't like it. I was hoping to get a tropical scent and this is tropical, but not how I meant it. It does smell like coconut but not a warm sexy sweet coconut. More rotten with a vanilla drydown. The bottle doesn't really help either. Thank god Miami glow is comming back. The best thing jlo has ever done!

katyas
katyas

The first spritz I recoiled - it was terrible! Chemical smelling and not at ALL nice. However, after a few minutes it settled down to a lovely, sweet fragrance that I was really grooving on. Then about 15 minutes later, it turned sickly sweet - like dying flowers. Fortunately, about 15 minutes after THAT, the scent was completely gone. So, it's NOT a good scent for me and I'm glad I only have a sampler size. I will, of course, give it another chance, because that is the way I am, but I've tried it twice now and received the same results. Not for me!

Teolinda
Teolinda

Two spritzes on my hand became something awfully sweet and almost rancid. I could hardly believe my nose. Now I see it must have been that coconut smell everybody´s talking about. After half an hour I dared to smell my hand again and the coconut was gone!
Instead I felt a mild soapy scent that was really nice and clean and this one stayed with me two hours maybe.

I think Deseo will suite someone who likes natural scents, a young teenager who´s just started to wear perfumes and don´t really want to stand out. But for you other women...skip this perfume and take a quick shower instead, the clean feeling will last just as long.

Kiwichick_NZ
Kiwichick_NZ

This is my favourite of J-Los perfume releases. I'm not a big fan of her previous perfumes at all so I was extremely reluctant to try this. However I purchased a sml bottle and was very impressed. To me, Deseo is very summery and it lasts which is a bonus. The drydown is soft and woody yet still retains hints of the tropics. I enjoy it because it's not an obnoxious scent and it receives compliments when I wear it.

klee0206
klee0206

I absolutely love this fragrance and all the layers within it! It whisks me away to a lovely dream place, like a Venetian garden. I wouldn't mind being surrounded by this scent all day!

lillybee
lillybee

I blind tested this fragrance so had none of the prejudices that may have influenced me.

It's a quite sweet, tropical scent and for me smells of tropical fruit (grapefruit and pineapple mainly) and coconut. It immediately reminded me of Tropiques from Lancome (the 2005 Limited Edition) which is similar in the heart to Deseo but has sharper, fruitier head.

The drydown is dry and woody but warm like a tweed blanket and there's a bit of aquatic note at the end, very subtle though.

Quite differently to JLo's previous scents, this to me smelled very professionally blended but playful at the same time. It doesn't at all shout 'celebrity' but certainly says 'young'. Not in age but in spirit.