Designers » I-K » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Deseo for Men Jennifer Lopez for men

Deseo for Men Jennifer Lopez for men
dislike

tobacco
Deseo for Men Jennifer Lopez for men Pictures Deseo for Men Jennifer Lopez for men Pictures Deseo for Men Jennifer Lopez for men Pictures

Deseo for Men by Jennifer Lopez is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Deseo for Men was launched in 2008. Deseo for Men was created by Ellen Molner and Jim Krivda. Top notes are yuzu, cedar, red berries and lemon; middle notes are tobacco leaf, orris root and guaiac wood; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli and vanilla.

Yuzu Cedar Red Berries Lemon

Tobacco Leaf Orris Root Guaiac Wood

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Vanilla

Deseo for Men Fragrance Reviews

themattsky
themattsky

I have just ordered it because I like the notes and the reviews are quite positive :) I hope I'll like it

esteban747
esteban747

I like this fragrance, although I really don't have much to say. And I blame fragrantica for that (in a good way!).
I remember smelling Deseo a few years ago, thinking: wow, this is amazing!
Years passed and finally I decided to buy it. In the meantime I became a crazy fanatic of perfumes, trying, failing and succeeding. So now the impression of Deseo is way different, it has a nice vibe, different from many masculine scents but still you can tell this is not a top notch product.
The opening reminds me of Cherry Musk (Ramon Monegal), fruity, slightly sweet but tamed down by the citrus and cedar. Then it becomes more "traditional" still with the cedar and a light tobacco.
It fades (at least on my skin) very quickly.Basically the strongest note is the "berries" and after that note evaporates, the whole composition fades away.

It's a cheap option that most people will find attractive, but as I said, longevity is a major issue.

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

I was going to my first ever toga party and I wanted to wear an “appropriate” fragrance. I immediately thought of buying Kouros by YSL. Kouros is a Greek word and could possibly be authentic with its animalic, musky scent. However, after realizing that I would like a fragrance with better versatility, I decided on Deseo.

The reviews indicated this fragrance smells like “grass and woods” with a complementing-yet-fleeting “sweet” note. With this information and its low price-point, I thought Deseo would be perfect.

This is a wonderful, youthful, masculine fragrance with distinct grass and wood accords. I truly cannot detect any of the notes listed, and I'm not going to pretend to try. Other than the grass and woods, Deseo for Men is quite non-descript. I don’t disagree with the remarks that it smells like generic deodorant spray. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. It’s not offensive in any way, and I would highly recommend Deseo to give variety to anyone’s collection. The bottle is definitely original and gorgeous to look at, but very odd to hold and spray due to its asymmetric design.

This is a fragrance that I spray when I feel like being casual and running on a few quick errands or lounging around the house. Perfect for anytime use. I can’t see this being someone’s signature scent, because the longevity is poor and its rather generic as a whole. With that said, it is a great but short lived fragrance.

For what it’s worth, I was immediately complimented on my fragrance when I arrived at the toga party. ;)

waagnes
waagnes

Initially, the combinations of top notes freaked me out. However, after only a couple of minutes, the fragrance became very pleasant. Not overwhelmingly pleasant, but not at all offensive smelling. Would not say the so called "wow-factor" is present here, but it is a nice addition to any collection. The tobacco tones are well balanced, but maybe a bit on the weaker side. Would say projection time is average for the bottom and middle notes. Thank God those top notes did not stay as I first smelled them, that would make this the worst blind buy ever. Kudos to the bottle designer for the innovative yet effective bottle.

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

Since the guy below me hated it so much, I thought I would add my two cents. I LOVE this scent. I rarely wear a fresh, summer scent but I love this one. Although I wouldn't say I can smell each note, I am interested to see that it contains tobacco, patchouli and cedar- all of which I love in a cologne. Its just fresh and clean enough for me to wear in the summer without feeling like I smell like every other 18 year old in the world. I might agree with anyone who says it smells like grass, but that works for me.
So, a big thumbs-up for me.

Mdox407
Mdox407

THIS IS...DISGUSTING!!!

Let me tell all you fragranticans...I am NOT necessarily a picky person when it comes to fragrances.
Since I've gotten really into fragrances, 90% of my purchases are blind buys...and out of about...90-110 blind buys...I've only re-sold about 10 of them on ebay. So that's alittle statistic to show you all how NOT picky I am.

And when this arrived in the mail and I wore it...I kid you not, I LITERALLY smelled like grass. It smells just like when ur a kid playing outside and its a hot summer day and the grass has that really strong, "ground" smell. The grass/dirt smell. You know what i'm talking about? THAT'S what this smells like. I CANT BELIEVE THEY EVEN RELEASED THIS!

DO NOT BUY!! I'M SO DISAPPOINTED. I have about 10 of JLO's female fragrances and love almost all of them! (Except Blue Glow.) But this is just a disappointment. GROSS SMELL!!

theblasphemousboy
theblasphemousboy

Another fragrance Fragrantica suggested to me and another one I probably won't buy again once it's finished.

The top notes are stunning, but fade so quickly and suddenly turn into a really generic scent. Like cheap body spray. The fragrance itself doesn't last. If those top notes were stronger and the base notes contained pepper, the whole scent would be amazing and probably last longer.

perfumeholic88

Nothing special, nothing what you MUST get. It´s fresh and ordinary smell. A lot of yuzu and lemon with a hint of tabacco and that´s all. The price is low so you can try but don´t expect anything wonderful.

murysusanto

This stuff is very good, it's what I expected by seeing its unique bottle, my wife gets her deseo edp and this one's mine. If J-LO makes another man fragrance, please be as good as this, I'm sure there's heaps of celebrity fragrances out there, only a few highly rated and this one's a 5 star or simply 9/10

Alexandros98
Alexandros98

i gave this perfume to my friend cuz i can't stand the smell of tobacco =="

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A young, linear, tangy berry frag which is initilly strong but soon fades..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -2 hours. 1.25 foot projection. This is a concoction of berries, more black than red IMHO and no clear notes stand out. It is linear, young, ages 18-22 and realtively basic. I get no citrus.

2 hours - 3 hours. 7 inch projection. This is linear and if you look hard enough then under the berry is tobacco and patchoulli. It felt like violet was present but that is not listed

3- 6 hours - 1 inch projection

6 - 7.5 hours - close to skin. A faint smell remain for many hours afterwards but it is too faint to really notice

It is a pleasant, appeasing fruity-tangy smell which I blind bought for £10.

I don't get any feel to wear this one, as it is not fresh for spring or summer or warm and spicy for autumn or winter.

Maybe keep your money and save up for something better, but nice frag nonetheless

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

Ok, maybe it's my penchant for rooting for the underdog; I don't know. But lately I've felt compelled to try as many of the newer designer scents as I can get my hands on and really give them a fair shake - see if they really are as bad as everyone has been saying or if it's just a case of the general BN crew growing cynical and jaded. It seems that the more we try, the more we need scents to be truly strange to be intriguing, and we often quickly dismiss something that smells similar to something we've tried before, or something that at first glance seems vapid and merely "light and fresh" - just as many musicians write off pop music entirely because of the general lack of substance in the genre. Of course, there are exceptions, and just like the true musician will at least learn from all he hears - even if not particularly favoring it - so to should we as perfumistas and colognoisseurs try to remain as open minded as possible and find the positives as well as the negatives in every scent we try. With that preamble aside, let me get into Deseo for men.

Deseo includes the following listed notes:
lemon, yuzu, red berries, cedar and tobacco leaves, guaicwood, orris, sandalwood, cedarwood, patchouli, amber and vanilla.

Deseo for men has a strange and unique opening. It's fruity and vibrant but not entirely transparent as many citrus openings are. In fact, I can't really call it a citrus opening. The yuzu is present, and offers a sparkling yellowy citrus aroma to the opening, but also present are the berries and a dash of cedar leaf (which alone is extremely aromatic, green, and fairly sweet). The midnotes also are present in the background, and the contrast of the sparkling yuzu, the berries and green tones, and the slightly muddled almost grayscale tones of the midnotes is really quite interesting. For some reason it makes me think of watching a classic TV show such as "I Love Lucy" - which was traditionally in black and white, and then having the same episode playing, in sync, on an adjacent TV, but in full color.

Over the next thirty minutes this accord fades as it transitions into the heart accord. The heart accord starts out cool and almost minty, which I believe is the orris playing with the lingering cedar leaf, and soon the tobacco leaves join the fray. At this point, from what I've sniffed, it most reminds me of the middle notes of Romance Silver for Men. The fragrance actually grows more intense as an almost metallic musk note starts to grow in the background. It's a fairly chaotic mix for a while as you've got the cool minty/orris notes alongside the slightly dirty tobacco leaf note and this metallic musk getting louder and louder - and just as you think it's all going to fall apart, the tobacco leaf nearly disappears and the whole thing quiets down. I don't know if the metallic musk note also faded but in its spot now sits a guaicwood note (which I am quite familiar with the oil of guaicwood - it's a fairly sharp woody note that dries down to smell rather tea like). Perhaps the metallic musk is just the way the synthetic guaicwood smells? Perhaps it was all an illusion created by the strange cacophony of notes? Well, whatever it was, it faded just before reaching the point of cloying.

At this point guaicwood is the dominant note with a slight musk still present and some vanilla sweetening the mix. Unlike many of the reviewers I don't think the frag ever gets "too sweet." That being said, I do think the opening to mid-notes would generally appeal to a younger crowd. The middle to base notes tend to smell fairly artificial but I think that's more due to the fairly accurate representation of guaicwood (which is a fairly strange smelling note on its own) than due to poor blending.
Within an hour the scent has made its way through most of its progression and has also quieted signficantly, and at this point I don't think I'll get more than about 3 hours of longevity from it. Perhaps just a lingering musk note or something. That all being said, this is definitely unlike anything I've ever smelled and has a really interesting use of contrasting notes that you wouldn't normally find paired together. I don't actually much like the scent as a whole, but I don't regret trying it.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I've used this fragrance for six years now, and despite all we've been through, the SAME bottle still holds up the same amount of strength, clarity, and power that it had when I bought it during my Sophomore year of high school!

This was what people knew me for, back in high school...but as I grew up, I stopped using it, because I equated it to being a teenager, which is what I was quickly running away from when I got to college.

I've just recently been picking it up and wearing it every now and then, and it's SO much more mature than I remember it being! On my 16 year old skin, it was mostly DARK citrus notes with a sweet, antiquated tobacco edge. But as the years have gone by, my skin chemistry has changed, and this fragrance has only gotten better!

These days, on my 20-year old skin, I get the same burst of dark citruses, but the tobacco has shown itself FULL FORCE, backed by a looming boom of guaiac wood and patchouli. Once the cologne dries down, the berries and the citrus fall away to reveal the sensual patchouli/tobacco/wood combination that lasts as a sexy smoke for my skin for several hours.

It's still just as lush, juicy, and effervescent as it always was, but these days, it's gotten just THAT much more sexy with the new woody herbal explosion that I've just recently unlocked.

Deseo will always be an important part of my past, but now that I've rediscovered just how amazing it is, the scant amount of fluid I still have left will carry me into the future!

kenney77
kenney77

Amazing cologne

Jwaks
Jwaks

Totally agree with somekindofpoet. Awesome fruity, citrusy top notes that fade within 15 minutes to reveal a generic, dry tobacco, cedary and patchoulli base. Patch gets stonger further into the drydown as the tobacco fades. One of the best celebrity scents made for men.

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

Point blank, this is not a scent to sit here and give these complex reviews. Overall it will either be a good scent or not. What celeberity frangrance is complex like you would expect a experienced name to be....give it a break! This a very nice scent all around, you cannot be angry with a scent because it doesnt smell how you would like it too, or if a certain note doesn't last as long. If thats the case then you are already missing the complexity of the scent. I do own and like this scent alot, especiallly for the price tag, you can't beat it. If was overpriced people would have that to cry about!!!

Jomoves
Jomoves

I became slightly obsessed with this one after I saw the bottle. Love it or hate it, you have to admit there’s never been anything quite like it. Unfortunately, the juice could also be something unique if it was about 10 times stronger. The first blast of berries, woods and tabacco is almost magical, but then it fades to a light amber mens cologne similar to almost everything at the drugstore. So Jennifer, this is a missed opportunity. Bring out an intense version (and a song that’s isn’t another overproduced club anthem) and I just might forgive you.

As an aside, I also saw Jennifer at a taping of a talk show and she is a complete knockout. Very petite and she really does have a glow!

kaysee
kaysee

I don't love it, I don't hate it either.
From the first spray till the last one I get a citrus-y scent just like Tommy Hilfiger's 'Tmmy Summer 2002 for men' and after a bit just sandalwood or something woody whatsoever.
It is quite masculine, fresh and clean.
I wouldn't say tropical or forest-y, but definitely reminds of a spring day.
I wish it lasted longer on my skin.
For a cheap celeb frag it is totally worth it, but don't expect much.

P.S. The only J.Lo fragrance that does it for me when it comes to smell/longevity/sillage is Miami Glow.

purrfuemluvr
purrfuemluvr

Very manly! Got it for my dad on Father's Day!!

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

It's gonna be perfect if it ain't drydown that fast, i love the first 15 minutes scent, fruity n fresh...

I agree with those who are disappointed in how the fruity opening doesn't last that long. However, I prefer eating fruit rather than smelling like it, so it's no huge loss to me. There just isn't enough complexity at any stage, and there isn't anything else that's noteworthy. The drydown is mostly mild, slightly powdery woods, perhaps with the barest hint of tobacco leaf. I guess fans of the celebrity or bottle might like it for non-olfactory reasons, and perhaps that will lead them to find it more compelling than others do.

perfumeholic88

I bought 50ml for my husband because it was so cheap. The bottle could be better but it´s ok, it looks like a crystal or something. The fragrance is fresh and sexy. The most I smell yuzu, tabacco, some lemon and berries. I dislike J.Lo but Deseo for men it´s a good scent for a good price.

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

THis is one of my new favs love it ... just got it hrs ago so haven't really sprayed it on me much but the little that I did it smells so very good j.lo not a fan of your music but ur cologne is spot on great :)

vinisantosrs

Woody, warm, smoky and a little sweet. Berries & lemon are very noticeable on the opening, after the drydown, appears the tobbaco leaf and sandalwood among with another woody notes. Staying power is good, but projection very close to the skin.

somekindofpoet
somekindofpoet

It's a great scent that unfortunately lacks power. The top notes are incredible and would be amazing if the perfume didn't dry down to a somewhat generic scent after 30 minutes. It wears close to the skin, and lasts about 3-4 hours.

Great smell. Great bottle. Great price.

vinisantosrs

Finally found it to buy and I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't fit on the Deseo concept and has nothing to do with the female version, but it's an incredible fragrance, reminds me an intense version of Euphoria by CK, with an Coca-Cola candy note. Projection and Staying power are great.

marco .barajas
marco .barajas

I love this cologne, i tried so many others that smell incredible but this one is a keeper, i love it, and everyone compliments me on how great i smell and want to know what cologn i wear, it smells amazing! i only wear Deseo

syazfiqri
syazfiqri

when i first spray this edt, i was like; hey, i think i got this perfume before..i keep thinking what is the perfume..and yeah..its ralph lauren polo black, my second perfume when i was in a-level..the smell is similar when u left the smell few minutes on your skin...smells great ,long lasting and affordable...its more to woody and sweet...perfect for nite wear..love it

ivanda
ivanda

A very sexy perfume. I love it on my man! The drydown is such a sweet coconut, although the start of smell is very strong and woody. Lasting power is good too, i recommend this perfume!!! Love it!

Aroma d'Latino
Aroma d'Latino

Deseo for Men is a nice and modern scent. This fragrance smells woody and very sweet. The red berries and the vanilla are the predominate notes in my opinion. This fragrance has very good projection and longevity (8+ hours on my skin). I apply three sprays on me and I am good to go. I am not a fan of celebrity’s fragrances but this one was ok for the price so I decided to give it a shot.

Do not over spray this fragrance or you will get sick with the sweetness. Deseo is good for a casual date (more suitable for night use) and it can be a nice addition to your collection if you do not want to spend a lot of money on cologne. The bottle resembles a black quartz crystal and people seem to like the bottle’s design.

This cologne reminds me a lot of Alfred Dunhill’s “Desire” for men. These two fragrances share similarities in the sweet vibe and even in the name “Deceo” & “Desire”.

dr.amani
dr.amani

Deseo for men is amazing!!! i love love love it, unique, original with long lasting power

murysusanto

Well, I got a chance to order via ebay, I know it will take time to arrive but ok to wait.
Seeing all the positive feedback, should be good one.
Will be the first J-LO fragrance.

johan00418
johan00418

Deseo for men is great!! Perfet to go out at night! Masculine, soft and sensual. The only problem, the lasting power. You need to reapply every hour!!

gonisebas
gonisebas

A mi me parece un excelente perfume, ideal para ocasiones íntimas.
Algunas veces lo usé para ir a bailar a alguna discoteca y la gente me decía que le gusta mucho.
La recomiendo, para mi es un 9

guest_juanma
guest_juanma

ESTA FRAGANCIA ME SORPRENDIO BASTANTE, QUIZAS AL PRINCIPIO HUELA ALGO GENERICA Y TRAIGA RECUERDO A OTRA YA CONOCIDA PERO A MI ME GUSTO MUCHO Y ESO QUE SUELO SOSPECHAR DE LAS FRAGANCIAS LANZADAS POR CELEBRITIES. ESTA HUELE FRESCA Y ALGO DULCE QUIZAS POR EFECTO DE LOS RED BERRIES, YO LA USARIA EN VERANO O INVIERNO, HUELE MASCULINA, CON MADERAS SUAVES, CITRICOS NO TAN ACIDOS EN FIN EN UN MOMENTO PARECIA A UNA GASEOSA ALGO ASI COMO COCA COLA. YO LA RECOMIENDO Y DEL 1 AL 10 LE DOY 8.

Lance
Lance

Oh I love this bottle design! Never seen any mens' bottle like this before. But I dont expect a great scent. I think it's just another celebrity scent with nothing special like always.

murysusanto

Awaiting for this product to arrive in singapore store soon. Can't wait. The deseo for women is truly adorable and at all celebrity fragrance, I can only use three brands, beckham, sarah jessica parker and j-lo.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

Please go out and try this, it doesn't smell like a hamster cage. Its not as bad as the reviews claim. it smells good to me but i'm not a fan of the strong woody smell maybe down the line I'll one day try it. Men you don't have to worry about it being feminine cause its from Jlo.

dubeau206
dubeau206

definitely has a sort of sweet/sour smell to it, but not in a bad way.

vesper
vesper

i try inexpensive colognes for everyday use but this one didn't have the bang for it's buck. it's not worth it. the citrus notes in the beginning come off as too sour and all i smell afterward are awful hints of 'woods', especially sandalwood that kinda makes it smell like the inside of a hamster cage. maybe it's my body chemistry but vanilla and patchouli and/or earthy tones always go great with me but i dont like this.

Stefan
Stefan

Love it but I need to wait for Fall so I can actually use it.

Raab
Raab

Smells nice and sweet, just read the reviews. It doesn't last long, couple hours, top notes die quickly, it won't give you a headache if you overdo it. I really like the bottle also.

Iceetony
Iceetony

I saw this giftset on sale at marshalls for only 39 bucks it had the deseo colonge 3.4 plus the deodorant and aftershave.. I decided to give it a try. When I first spray this on I enjoy it because of the citrus smell but that eventually goes away too soon and is left with the tobacco scent which is just too strong for me. It smells like a cheap colonge by then, not to mention it does not last long on my skin.

siskakak
siskakak

I really hope Deseo for men not strong like other men perfume...If the notes smell like angel thierry mugler i would get this....

knightz

A sexy evening scent, Jennifer did a wonderful job on her first men's fragrance.

The opening of Deseo for Men is a tart burst of Yuzu and Lemon joined with the very light and fruity sweetness of Berries. There is a very well blended Cedar Leaf note (which is much lighter, sweeter, and smoother than Pine Needles are), in the top notes that makes it's presence very well known during the life of the scent. It's truly a different kind of coniferous note, quite unique, lightly green, and very smooth.

This whole Citrus-Fruity-Conifer accord blends in with a very smooth Tobacco note. The Tobacco and Cedar Leaf are background notes, but prominent throughout. The Tobacco Leaf makes sure that the fragrance stays very masculine. The Orrisroot of the heart mixes with the Cedar Leaf giving it a very light aromatic pungency somewhat similar to light Licorice, or maybe a light Fennel-like sharpness. Very masculine. Very sexy. Very adult.

The base is a moderately sweet mix of Amber, Patchouli, and Vanilla, with Sandal. The Sandalwood gives the dry down an Incense-like aura.

Average projection and longevity, not cloying even with a generous application. Very good for the cooler spring/fall nights. I think this is a very well done, unique, original fragrance.

This scent smells like food. It is appropriate for teen boys, I wouldn't recomend it for adult use.

iTone
iTone

I just got some samples of this and i must say i love it. I am going to have to purchase some. It's masculine and sexy without being too strong.

guest_Love it
guest_Love it

Why everyone complaining about the bottle?? the bottle is perfect! i love it i actually want to buy it coz of the bottle... is a rainforest, tropic scent it will not match if the bottle is modern futuristic shape!!! rough diamond says nature, untouch!

knightz

To harajukulovers: I may try this myself. It's supposed to be very sweet (some say too sweet).

Edit: I ordered some. After looking at the noses "Ellen Molner and Jim Krivda", I see that they have experience with sweet fruity floral fragrances. But, there is something that is responsible for this scent that is not listed above, it's a "Givaudan" (givaudan.com) and produced by Coty. Givaudan has made many scents, for Burberry, Cerruti, Armani, Gucci, Dior, Mugler, Givenchy, Valentino, Prada, etc.... the list goes on and on. So, I wonder how bad could it be?

jonr951
jonr951

The bottle is so cool for this one! JLo did an awesome job for her first mens scent! It smells awesome! It starts out w/ sharp citrus in the beginning and earthy and woody notes in the end! All the notes work great together and I just love it! The red berries are a nice little touch of sweetness!

guest_The _Real _cLo
guest_The _Real _cLo

OMG I can't wait for Sept 9th...I am going to go to Work late that day and make sure I go to Macy's and then to work smelling Oh So0o0o good like I know it's gonna smell.... I can't wait for her to launch another fragrance.....

Deseo for Men by Jennifer Lopez 4.01 out of 5 based on 128 ratings and 51 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jennifer Lopez Deseo for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jennifer Lopez Deseo for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Deseo for Men by Jennifer Lopez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Deseo for Men by Jennifer Lopez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.