Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1241 I had it: 1061 I want it: 290 My signature: 27

Glow Jennifer Lopez for women Videos
Glow Jennifer Lopez for women Pictures Glow Jennifer Lopez for women Pictures

Glow is the first fragrance by Jennifer Lopez. The fragrance was meant to target women in their late teens and early 20s and it became very popular breaking numerous records in sales which inspired other celebreties to launch their own signature fragrances. Notes are: neroli, pink grapefruit, rose, sandalwood, amber, musk, jasmine, iris and vanilla. J.Lo describes Glow as ‘a skin-scent’. It is described as ‘clean’, even soapy with a sweet, powdery trail. Glow was created by Louise Turner in 2002. Read about the new limited edition of J.Lo Glow in the news section- Glow with J.Lo Glow was created by Louise Turner and Catherine Walsh.

Grapefruit Neroli Orange Blossom

Tuberose Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Orris Root

Eau de Glow
Casual

Glow Fragrance Reviews

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

My first J.LO perfume, it smelled so clean, fresh and citrusy with neroli and jasmine water, very remarkable perfume and quiet unique.

laylabedford
laylabedford

Just been bought this as a birthday present! OMG headache central! It smells like jasmine and furniture polish! The smell is stuck right in my nose!Smells nothing like i've just stepped out of the shower!Too strong, too plastic!

bonnie52
bonnie52

I first smelled this in a magazine and at the time I was making good money. I ran right to Macy's and got the biggest bottle they had. It's a unique, pretty fragrance; very fresh smelling. I will buy it again!

Cochlea
Cochlea

This was my first perfume that I purchased with my own money. I loved it so much at the time but now I feel different about it. It reminds me of the fabric softner sheets, it is a really strong uncomfortably clean for me. I will not buy another bottle again.

rainingroses
rainingroses

I have well over 100 fragrances in all different price ranges - all of them either loves, likes or kinda likes, the dislike ones I get rid of - and on most days this is in my top 5.

I remember when it first came out, I avoided trying it because I read a lot of negative reviews from people (many of them probably really disliked JLo, to be honest). I frequently heard it compared to China Rain, but I had never smelled that so I didn't know what to expect.

Then one day I sat next to a woman on the bus, she was wearing the freshest fragrance I've ever smelled, so of course I had to ask what she was wearing. It was Glow.

It's so fresh, innocent, soapy. So heavy on white florals, it makes my little heart pitter patter. Neroli/orange blossom, jasmine and a good dose of rose. Not so much tuberose, but that's probably just me. It also smells very strongly of lily of the valley to me, but no such note is listed, so it's probably the combination of notes that gives such an impression.

The soapyness must be the neroli, I usually find fragrances which are heavy on neroli have a freshly scrubbed and soapy (in a good way) character.

Another reviewer mentioned that this was her comfort fragrance. I agree with her, it's very comforting to me as well. The first minutes may be sharp (a slight burst of grapefruit) but on me, this dries down pretty smooth. No sharp edges or harshness at all.

Supposedly this is targeted to women in their late teens and early twenties. I can easily see them wearing this, sure, but I'm in my late thirties and I don't feel this is off limits to me (or someone twice my age, for that matter). I've worn this for ten years and I can't see myself getting tired of it.

The only thing I don't like is the bottle. That's not important to me, though.

If (when) they discontinue this, I will cry. Well, first I will stockpile like a mad woman, of course. ;)

ladyone1
ladyone1

i had it in 2004 once, but still remembering how it was... i think its exotic, warm, ladylike and strong.

the only thing is, i had allergic reactions on it so i used to spray it on my clothes only!

Mandy31
Mandy31

This was a blind buy based on all the positive reviews on Fragrantica and the notes mentioned above. But, now that I have tried it, I wish I had paid heed to Arunas.K's review below. He has absolutely hit the nail on the head- it smells cheap and synthetic. Unfortunately, it lasts. I would even hesitate to use it as a room freshener. It opens mildly sweet with promise of something nice, then suddenly turns into this pungent, synthetic soapy monster. I tried it several times just to be sure and everytime I faced threats of being put outside with the cat... Thank God I have only a 30 ml bottle!

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

I have tried this many times over the years hoping that my nose will change and I will like it, but no it's not for me. It is pure soap to my nose which is very desirable to others, but not to me. If you like this you are so lucky because the sillage and longevity is outstanding!

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

So soft and pretty, although on me, after awhile it settles into a baby oil with flowers smell, which is nice, but not quite the scent I was looking for. Still like it though!

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Um dos piores que já senti...

ChristopherK21
ChristopherK21

This is a scent that I have been wanting for a VERY long time, but never got around to getting, and for the past year I have been looking at it, but never for a good price. I found a couple of size bottles at my local Sears store, but to me, they were outrageously priced! Close to $50 for a 50ml bottle, and $35 for a 30ml bottle. I am a bargin shopper, so I would NEVER go for that kind of price! I saw it a couple of months ago at TJMaxx for $15 but I didn't get it that night because I got something else that was on my list of perfumes to get. I regretted that decision so much. For the next few months I could NOT find another bottle at TJMaxx or Marshalls. I magically stumbled upon a single 50ml bottle last night at my local TJMaxx for $16.99, and I couldn't put it down. I was so excited. Of course I couldn't leave the store without getting it!

I just tried it on for the first time, and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it! I wasn't sure what I would think of it on me a few times when I tested it in Sears. I was scared that it would be too strong for my nose and make me sneeze! That happened to me with another fragrance called Luscious Pink by Mariah Carey! I am SO glad it didn't happen to me with this one! This one is great, it is such a fresh clean scent, but not too strong to the touch! It is pungent, but soft at the same time! I will definitely use this one a lot! So I better find another bottle sometime in the future lol.

Great scent for anyone who wants to smell clean, sexy or even professional! It surprising works for both types!

I put it on after I took a shower, and I feel great and smell great!

I have a couple of of JLO scents, but I think this one might be my favorite! I own: LA Glow, Love At First Glow, Love and Light and her newest scent called JLOVE. I really really love JLOVE, I received it as a christmas gift, and until now, it was my favorite from my collection, but I think that Glow is right up there at the top!

Great job JLO! I know this is your oldest fragrance, but it sure is a classic! At least to me! lol

EDIT: So, it is now 8:30pm and I put this on way earlier in the day, and I STILL can smell it on myself! Officially my new fav JLO perfume!

mgirl1090
mgirl1090

I just got this perfume. I don't know why people here are saying that it's strong or musky. Sure it's soapy but it's certainly not Musky! It's actually very fresh, light and soapy. And no I'm not getting it confused with Eu De Glow. I haven't tried Eu De Glow but what I can say about Glow is that it's a beautiful soapy smell. If you want to smell clean get this.

Zrye
Zrye

To me, the initial spray is like a punch in the face! It's really strong and soapy! Then as it dries for a couple of minutes, it turns into a beautiful floral fragrance. Rose and grapefruit are most dominate to my nose. It's a lovely, elegant fragrance! Silage and longevity are great on my skin! Just remember, if you're going to wear this fragrance, a little goes a longgggggggggg way!

The packaging is definitely nothing special, but the bottle is gorgeous! I love the cute JLo charm!

I would definitely recommend this fragrance!

laventura
laventura

One of my mates been wearing this scent when we have been like 15 years old and in this time that was an exclusive fragrance for me and quite expensive. After 10 years I've decide to try it on myself, to make this teenage memories come back to me.

That's not a typical type of fragrance for me, but it's something what I really like about it. It's very milky, buttery, powdery. Not fresh at all, you can even call it a soapy, but I still like it.

For me main note is tuberose with a hint of musk and neroli.

Very innocent and neutral. It's suprising good on winter days but I can't wait to wear it on summer nights, on warm skin after all day on beach! Feminim and soft, but quite strong scent. Moderate longevity.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

One time my mother was wearing a great perfume, something with white florals and good sillage... I asked her what it was and she said it was Glow. I went and (blind) bought myself a mini but to my disappointment all I smell is soap. So... it's good if you like clean, fresh, soapy smelling perfumes... I'm just not one of those people.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Ill start of by saying, this perfume is in fact original and unique being a celeb perfume and all. It is suitable for teens upwards. It is a gorgeous perfume to me- simply because it offers innocence and femininity with the rose jasmine and musk, underneath there is woods and amber and grapefruit which adds a sort of dirtiness and makes it sultry. I would class this perfume as powdery citrus. It is clean smelling but deep and dirty enough to have something intriguing about it. It's great for office wear or going out clubbing. It is strong, long lasting and distinctive - which is amazing for a celeb perfume. I believe it is one of the best celeb perfumes around.

Arunas.K
Arunas.K

Dear ladies,

Opinion of a man here.

My mom got this perfume a few years ago as a present from USA.

I must say she did not like it. I myself, being aficionado of perfumers disliked it even more.

It is very synthetic, musky smell. I see it as a daytime fragrance, but it is too overpowering. It has a bit of that "dry" powdery feeling, however it is very unpleasant. It is also a bit sour, but that is the effect of grapefruit note.

We ended up using it as air fresher in our bathroom.

My recommendation, women avoid it by any means. It smells very cheap. It has a good longevity though, but who needs that when it stinks literally?

Hope it helps. I am very disappointed. It smells like a headache in a bottle.

Regards,

Arunas Jonas Kastenas

diamondkite
diamondkite

Fresh, clean, classic - in a floral, soapy way. Really does smell like dove soap (which appeals to me), but a little more floral! Nice to wear/ take to work. Unfortunately this fragrance doesn't last long on me - I wish it did! Really nice.

BringUsAShrubbery
BringUsAShrubbery

At first sniff, Glow made me want to sneeze, but after a few minutes it is soft and soapy. The name suits it perfectly.

Sillage is nice, I can smell it without putting my nose to my arm. It lasts a long time on me, and I love it for summer!

lubaina
lubaina

Let me start my review by saying this(and dior poison) is the longest lasting scent on skin i've ever used.I love it.Yes its fresh and soapy and then powdery.At frist i get citrusy rose water scent which is strong for 1st 10 mins.In between this time i try not to stick my nose into it.after that it becomes beautiful fresh rose soapy scent and sometimes later it settles into powdery jasmin(fresh)and the best thing is the scent gets better and better with time.the dry down is so comforting...umm it makes me feel good every time i get a sniff of it. About the wear time...i sprayed it on yesterday noon,then today i showered,put another lotion and still i can smell it when i stick my nose to skin..it may not best suited 4 night occassions but great 4 all weather(even winter) as a fresh n comfy yet sexy day scent.

Ql7
Ql7

I like this scent very much. Yes, clean - if you just want to smell clean and fresh. It does smell very much like Paul Sebastian Casual. I actually like and used Rain by Terranova frequently, but when I ran out, I started using "Glo." I think the perfumer duplicated Terranova's Rain note for note.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Nice and clean scent. To my nose, it smells like an expensive bath soap or even make-up.
The staying power is amazing: I took a shower and I still smell it on my arm.
Very relaxing scent for all ages. A classic. Highly recommended.

millie1980
millie1980

Don't hate me for saying this, but it smells like damp talcum powder. Or laundry detergent. I actually like fresh, clean scents, but if this perfume was a colour it would be grey.

Glow? Really??

DONNA VARSIK
DONNA VARSIK

NICE BUT TOO STRONG ON ME GIVES ME A HEADACHE.

moloxa123
moloxa123

Warm, sweet and soapy! I love it!

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Wonderfully soapy, creamy, misty and fresh at the same time - perfect for a hot, sunny day. And the sillage and longevity are amazing, especially as for this kind of delicate perfumes.

ElCockiness
ElCockiness

I love this fragrance so much. Why? Because Glow (Shimmer) is pure, light, sillage and cozy. Glow is perfect after shower.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Very boring, bland scent - all I detect is honey and a hint of citrus. Not long lasting either.

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

One of my all time favourites. I first had this in 2002 when i was only in the 2nd grade and i remember all my teachers looking shocked that an 8 year old could be so fabulous ;) i just now received it again as a Christmas gift and its exactly as i remember it. Its so clean, fresh and soapy. Everything i love in a fragrance for a woman. Definitely recommend it.

Perfume-Princess
Perfume-Princess

Glow by JLO is one of my all time favourite perfumes.
I had it when it first came out in 2002,and eleven years on my love for it has grown even more.
The tagline Fresh,Sexy,Clean, fits this fragrance perfectly.
It really does make you feel all of those things all at once which is great and just what I look for in a perfume.
I find it to be a very unique scent very powdery and soapy. I went through a stage of wanting to smell of everything sweet but I am going towards more fresh and clean type fragrances now I am nearing my 30's!
Glow I think you could wear anytime of the year, because it is very calming and comforting in the Winter with the lovely mix of Amber, Musk and Sandalwood!
For the Summer I experience the more floral and fruity side to it, when I get the Grapefruit,Orange, Rose and Vanilla.
The bottle is beautiful too, very simple but sexy!!
Amazing job JLO Glow is GORGEOUS!!!

willbear
willbear

a good classic not long lasting but good better when its hot

themattsky
themattsky

This is a real classic.

Emma0714
Emma0714

This smells like a car. With too many wonderbaums hanging from the rearview mirror.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

I bought this when it first came out, and it was amazing! It became my instant signature. Then 4 years later, I bought it again, but they had reformulated it! When you buy it today, it will not smell anything like the original. It's going to smell a lot like alcohol and then blah. It'll be just like 1,000 of other nondescript perfumes. If you didn't smell it early, you really missed out on something great!

Britt005
Britt005

This was a blind buy,reading through all the comments here I thought it should really fit me.
It took some time to get over the tacky botle (hor-rib-ble) but I got my hands on it.

first spritz: god why did i buy this.
minuts later : the love began...

I totally get why people associatie this with soap, it reminds me of Dove soap and fresh linnen. I smell roses and neroli in the first minutes after that Ismell some kind of lilly(tuberose?) and jasmin. It starts with a almost "sharp" smell but grows into a softer lovely fragrance. not too overwhelming perfect for normal days.
It smells so fresh and soft, this is a scent for all ages, depsite it being a celeb scent and having a teriible looking bottle I could even see my granny wearing this.

durleybeachbum
durleybeachbum

I hate it! I sprayed a tester and it is like cheap soap!

adair58
adair58

Having several young women and girls on this year's Christmas list, I have been scent shopping. Trying out some things I have never smelled and Glow is one of them! I am probably one of the few on the planet who hadn't tried it and I have to say it is lovely! I sprayed and shopped and this light, flowery, but creamy smell kept wafting around me. I do get the soap many refer to, but I also smell lily, which is probably jasmine, since lily isn't listed. I will purchase as a gift and try out more of JLo's scents, very nicely done!

(Someone's going to smell good on Christmas Day :)

ivyheel
ivyheel

I can't believe it took me over a decade to try this scent! Recently I have started exploring the (sometimes frightening) world of celebrity fragrances, and this is definitely a gem. That said, this is only for people who like - no - LOVE, soapy notes in perfumes. This is soap par excellence. I cannot identify any of the individual notes except for musk and perhaps jasmine. Honestly this does not smell like perfume but more like a delicious, long-lasting, clean bath product. Love it and for inexplicable reasons I really crave it.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

This was JLo's first fragrance to come out and I was super excited to own it. I loved it back in college at the age of 21 when I first purchased it. Now that I smell it several years later (32 yrs old to be exact). I don't see what the big hype was. Just a soapy smelling perfume on the skin. *yawn*

sammydevlin
sammydevlin

So unique and comforting. Perfect for any situation. J.Lo did well! She seems to make a lot of effort with her fragrances and it definitely pays off.

Plenty of people have likened this fragrance to soap. All I can say is I've never come across a soap that smells like/is as nice as this!

alicektn
alicektn

Very musky. It's funny, because I also smell lily (it is not in the ingredients). To my nose it smells a little bit cheap... Not in a bad way. Actually in a cute, naive way. This is why I like it!

By the way, somehow it reminds me of something from my childhood; oh my beloved 90s. But I wonder, what could it be?

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

I like Glow some nothing wrong with smelling like soap I am not big on celeb scents I prefer another soapy perfume called Jessica McClintock that I do like a lot.... But maybe in the future I may wear Glow who knows!

iragoodall
iragoodall

Every time I wear this perfume everybody tells me "you smell sooo good" and "what is it?". My husband says "mmm, yum!" Just love it!

deanne.yu
deanne.yu

First love the first time it was given to me. One of my signature scent! I dont know how many bottles i had! I cant wait for my next bottle.

PearlyMist x
PearlyMist x

It logged me out just as I posted my review -_- I'll post it again so I can keep track of it D:

I received this as a Christmas present a few years ago and I can't say I like it all that much :(

As most of the other reviews say, this scent is very ‘soapy’. I can smell a lot of jasmine, and I don’t like jasmine xD A very flowery scent, I feel it is fairly strong. I've never really worn it properly so I can’t say much about the longevity and sillage, but I can imagine it would wear okay. If the scent was fainter I probably wouldn't mind it as much, maybe more so if there weren't as many white floral notes. It’s very fresh, but definitely not fruity. I can probably smell the grapefruit in there somewhere but I feel it’s drowned out by the flora. Jasmine and rose are definitely the strongest notes so if you’re a fan of those flowers you may like this fragrance. Unfortunately, I don’t like the potent combination :( The base notes, however, are notes I usually enjoy. Some of my favourite perfumes have the combination of vanilla, musk, amber and sandalwood in the base. There is also orris root, which I'm not as familiar with, but doesn't really appeal to me much anyway.

A good thing I can say about this perfume though is that it’s not the most horrid thing I've ever smelled and I'm sure this would work for some people ^^ I like some parts of the scent, just too floral for me that’s all :) I’d probably say this is more of a daytime scent for the warmer seasons :3

To sum up, if you like fresh, powdery, clean scents with strong jasmine, rose and other white flowers then I’d recommend you giving this a try :) I actually wish I could like this fragrance as it is quite refreshing and different, but I just can’t D:

Don’t let my review steer you off if you are considering this though! Definitely test it out for yourself ^^

Hope this helps! c:

Hope this helps! c:

NicoleO
NicoleO

This smells like soap. I smell like I've just got out of the shower after using a quality bar of soap. I don't mind clean fragrances, but this is going a bit far for my tastes.

theres just something about GLOW!<3
its unique, its delicious, its SEXY
along with the body lotion, magic happens!
i love it!

lilibaba
lilibaba

7 years ago I was buying my staple scent - CK Euphoria online and at checkout a little "people who buy this perfume usually buy..." popped up. Seeing it was cheap and I was inconsolably sad after a heartbrake, I decided I totally deserved one more perfume. Since then I am never without it.

It is so clean, innocent, soft, powdery. Matches my skin beautifully, and whenever I have it on, feels like a giant hug. It is my comfort scent! Reminds me of clean towels, laundry detergent, baby powder, white soap... new beginnings.

I usually wear sexy, oriental, heavy perfumes, while this satisfies my innocent side. Interestingly it is one of my most complimented perfumes - mostly by women.

NikiZ
NikiZ

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this fragrance!!!
It was a completely blind buy on a plane trip to Egypt I took when I was 17, but when I opened the bottle and tried it on for the first time, it was instant LOVE! It's one of the few fragrances that stay on my skin, I love how fresh, light, soapy and lightly flowery/rosy it is!
I wear it all year round, for everyday and evening. It makes me feel good, even if I've had a bad day. I have gone through at least half a dozen bottles [100ml] since then and still continue to buy it! I get many compliments from people around me when I wear it and I can say it has become my signature fragrance :)
I really hope it never gets discontinued, it's amazing!!!

cibelli_moon
cibelli_moon

Pure jasmine, love it, and fixed well, my favorite summerfragrance.
Smells soapy and like soft flowers, i love this perfume is very femenine and fresh .
The best perfume celebrity, is one of my favorite perfume.

seaworldshamu
seaworldshamu

This is the perfume that got me started on Jlo's perfume. I love the clean fresh just got out the shower scent. I am finishing off a 50ml bottle and have another one tucked away unopened as I love it! This is the only celebrity perfume I would buy as other celebrity perfume are too the same. I love her sophistication and the thought that goes into the beautiful bottles and even the boxes draw you in. I can imagine her wearing her scents. She certainly knows her stuff!

Annemarie
Annemarie

I'm not in the target market so perhaps I should not comment, but I do dislike Glow's aggressive shower-screen soapiness. Needless to say, the perfume grips the skin like iron. So I just want to mention a few alternatives to Glow - spendier I admit - for anyone ready to move on.

Estee Lauder Pleasures is fresh and clean but much richer and more elegant than Glow (roses, peonies, peppery green notes). EL's White Linen and Chanel No 22 are characterised by aldehydic cleanliness. After a sharp opening, White Linen relaxes into sunny warmth. Pure White Linen to me has a 'green' soapiness to it. Hermes' Caleche has a soap facet more luxurious than Glow's.

Other modern, elegant options include SJP Lovely, Narciso Rodriguez for Her, and EL's new one, Modern Muse. Flower by Kenzo is a powdery abstract floral tinged with violets. If you like iris there are two easy-wearing classics: Prada's Infusion d'Iris and Chanel's No 19 Poudre. But for me one of the most beautiful in the 'clean, modern' genre is Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere.

Of course there are many fresh, cologne-style fragrances to explore. Classics are O de Lancome and Chanel's Cristalle; Cristalle Eau Verte is a cleaned up companion to the original. Issey Miyake's A Scent is nice, but may have been discontinued; have not seen it in a while. Also more modern is Hermes' Jardin series, which is great if you don't mind some gardeny, earthy notes. Niche house Atelier Cologne has lots of easy-wearing fragrances, Orange Saguine comes to mind. I'm not that familiar with the Jo Malone line but there would be lots to explore there too.

amanda

I like this one a lot, I usually use sweet and stronger fragrances and I actually like that its a strong clean fragrance. I like the clean smell but I dont use them as they fade away so fast, but not this one. its quite syntethic soapy smell, but I admit that i dont mind it:)

goldenlight83
goldenlight83

Too much of a clean smell and first burst of spray is very heavy. This smells like a disinfectant spray to me. Might be nice on someone else but on me I get a whiff of disinfectant and bug spray.

lannyM
lannyM

fragrant, clean, fresh but are too soft

mayaxylena
mayaxylena

I love this perfume, I think it's lighter than Still, but I'm not sure :S

dhya
dhya

yes, it is very soapy and powdery perfume I ever smell

judyahn
judyahn

Absolutely HATE this perfume. There's something very synthetic smelling thing in this little devil bottle. Something reminds me of water or rain, like one of those body spray found in Bath and Body. And it smells like cheap soap! literally, that's what it smells like--you've just gotten out of the shower. But that's it! Does not even smell fresh; just soapy, like you've only finished 70% of your shower.

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

I'm going through a big musk/skin scent moment, and this scent is fitting the bill! An oldie but a goodie. I'm so not a J. Lo fan, stood away from this fragrance for years because it's associated with her and would never admit to owning/loving it . Absolutely gorgeous; floral/musky/clean. I don't get any of the citrus notes, not on my skin anyway. Light/moderate sillage; this is a perfect daytime/office scent; I could also see wearing this to bed.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This was a blind buy disaster.
I vow to stay away from celeb scents unless it is SJP Lovely Liquid Satin!
Hairspray meets insect repellant, Enough said!

Perfume_Lover85
Perfume_Lover85

I was standing in line at the cinema and my friend turned to me and said "Someone is wearing really nice perfume, it smells really soapy." I knew it was my J.Lo Glow but before I could say anything he looked down at me and said "It's you!" then when we sat down to watch the movie he turned to me again and said "You smell really fresh and soapy." Then a month later I was at the cinema with the same friend and wearing J.Lo Glow again, he turned to me and said "You smell so good!" The only other perfume he's commented on is Jessica Simpson Fancy so he doesn't throw these compliments all the time as I have a lot of different perfumes!

It does smell beautiful though, it's a lovely soapy rose scent to me and considering it is EDT (which shocked me) this stays on my skin all day, sometimes I can even smell it the next morning after wearing it aswell, it's amazing how long it lasts, I wish all perfumes had this lasting power!

kaejuntun

I have already commented on this, but I have to leave one more comment. I can officially call this my signature. I wear it almost every day now. It is almost an addiction. I just love when I get little subtle hints of the perfume throughout the day.

I feel like there is kind of a timeless quality to this fragrance for me. Smell is such a powerful sense and so attached to memory. Growing up, and to this day, my mom always smelled of Jovan Musk. She got a bottle every Christmas and anniversary and wore it every day. That smell and my mom will forever be tied together, and I have always wondered what my smell would be - if my son would smell a perfume and forever associate the smell with the essence of what a mother is. I feel like this could be it. It is just so me.

Yes, I know this will not suit everyone. But at the end of the day, that isn't really a perfume's function. After all, there is a ton of variety in clothing and personal fashion - why shouldn't fragrance be the same?

Long story short, Glow is the perfect daily fragrance for me, it lasts, it is inexpensive, and it blends gorgeously with my skin. What more could I ask for?

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

I feel like FRESH AIR when I wear this beautiful perfume. I really really really love "Glow", it's one of the best scents out there, so unique and pure!

Been wearing it since 2003 and I think I will do that forever on.

Good job j.Lo!

Nil3
Nil3

My signature scent as long as I will live! With ALL the other perfumes I will wear and try out in my life,which I'm looking forward to,this one will ALWAYS be in my life. There wasn't a day that passed by without at least one person complementing me on how I smell. Once me and my classmates walked out of one of the university building in Italy,and someone goes: who is that that always smells so clean? I jumped full of joy and pride and gave her my neck to smell going: It's me,mee,ME!!!!

IsabelAlice
IsabelAlice

Nice alluring scent, makes user smells for hours like just had a shower.
Long lasting, moderate sillage. Smells like ivory soap - cold cream - body lotion, but better. It's better for it is better formulated, with white-transparent musk and a nice blend of jasmine-orange blossom. Very soft rose.

Wear it and feel instantly nice, fresh and clean, so it's a wise option for hot humid days.

(But makes no harm to wear it in cold weather. It's 10C (50F) here, I'm wearing it and it feels comforting. May be a relaxing scent for bedtime.)

sweetviolet
sweetviolet

I remember women's hair smelling like this when I was a child. It must have been the hair spray. This is such a fresh clean scent that last awhile sprayed on. I'm on my third bottle. Very well put together a nice balance. Kind of sexy as well. I hope this perfume is never discontinued. Well done!

opiumzen
opiumzen

Green-lily of the valley-honeysuckle-sandalwood-musk blend. Jlo ripped off Body Time's China Rain for this one big time. China Rain has been around forever and Jlo herself used to buy tons of it. Other copies are Paul Sebastian's Casual and VS Breathless.

naide
naide

I love this smell so fresh and so clean, like dipping your nose in the sweetest smelling powder. When I spray it on myself I can't stop smelling my wrists. Perfection in a bottle.

greenelf
greenelf

I wasn't impressed with this scent when I first tried it a few years ago--but with more exposure to it, I have found it growing on me. It's sort of a special occasion scent for me right now, but I may start wearing it more often. It is soft but lasting and not at all "bombshell"--which makes it very work appropriate.

kaejuntun

Already reviewed this one, but I have to say that this has officially become my most worn perfume. It makes me feel clean, put together, and fresh. The lasting power is wonderful, lasts 6+ hours on skin and days on clothes. I just smelled a shirt I wore a few days ago and the heavenly scent of Glow is still clinging to the material! Even though my skin tends to bring out rose notes in a big way, I don't detect any definite rose on my skin. Mainly jasmine, musk, and orange flower/neroli. Just a wonderful fragrance that suits me much better than I ever would have expected! And for the price I can afford to use this as much as I want :) don't let the bad reviews attached to this fragrance scare you away!! Try for yourself - perfume is such a personal thing and every person will have different reactions to the fragrance due to taste and chemistry. Thankfully, Glow suits both of mine :)

kylieb8
kylieb8

I'm not a huge fan of Jennifer Lopez and as a result have avoided her perfumes. However, I am on the lookout for a fresh, clean perfume and after reading the reviews here I thought I would give it a try. I only sprayed it on the test strip. Wow! The exact clean scent I was after. I will definately be purchasing this.

Just purchased this today, love, love love it. Fresh, soapy, gorgeous. Just how I want to smell.

mary.dinoface
mary.dinoface

I have ownd this perfume for a few yrs now and I loved it at first, I wore it all the time then I put it away for awhile. I just wore it again the other day and I still love the smell! I get a powder clean smell with roses! This perfume is high on rose, at least to my nose it is. I love the smell of roses tho so thats must.be why I keep going back to this.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I know there are already plenty of reviews about this, but I had to chime in with a bit of a cultural viewpoint.

This is one of my all time favorite fragrances. I wear it so much that I keep buying more so that I won't ever run out. I think of it as my "california casual" fragrance because it's light and I usually wear it with my beachy Cali girl look, especially when it starts to heat up here in Los Angeles, which is a dry desert heat. Infact, I've tried almost all of her "Glow" scents and love them all!

I was trying to figure out exactly what I love so much about this when it finally hit me. It's a cultural thing! I am of mixed latina heritage, but primarily from Mexico. I have had the privilege of traveling quite a bit throughout Mexico. Here in Los Angeles, there are quite a lot of Mexicanos as well. If there is one thing we Mexicanos love it's a fresh, clean smelling person. Almost every one I know uses Dove soap and Nivea lotion because of the clean smell. We also love Ariel laundry detergent and Suavitel fabric softener because of the fresh clean smells.

The author Sandra Cisneros mentioned it in her book Caramelo, when she spoke of how her brother went to Mexico to study and came back with several "Mexican" habits, one of which was that particular clean smell.

Fresh fruit is also a big part of our culture. I don't think I've ever gone a single day without some kind of fresh fruit; especially tropical fruit. Here in Los Angeles, we have fruit vendors, whereas in other parts of the country there are hot dog or nut vendors. So, I'm guessing that Jennifer Lopez just combined several of her loves into one signature scent.

I think she captured it perfectly!! I don't know if it was intentional, but it certainly works! I absolutely love this one and I hope it will always be a part of my collection.

love45
love45

I wear this after I take a shower. It is a soft clean soapy scent(Me likey! lol) and it is a nice break from heavy scents! It makes you feel clean and it is inoffensive so it would be perfect as an office perfume! I think it is suitable for all seasons. Definitely worth a try! I like the bottle itself but not the box :/ but I love the perfume lol

MsGoody2Shoes
MsGoody2Shoes

Let me start with the fact that despite how gawdy this bottle is, it's not worth passing it by just because of that, which I have done for years.

I recently purchased it and found the tacky jewlery was very easy to remove, and now the bottle is actually display worthy ^__^ haha

A friend had this perfume when I was in high school, and although I loved it on her, but I was still in a fruity perfume phase

I recently decided to purchase a few perfumes I loved years back that I never got around to purchasing for one reason or another, and this one was one of them
It's definetly good for a young girl, and great for someone who is buying their first perfume ($30 for 100ml?) and those who are not very interested in the trendy floral fragrances for that age group- but at the same time it is an ageless scent, I think 40+ can pull this off in the summer time.

I am 23 now and finally appreciating this perfume for it's clean, fresh scent. It is quite simply the scent of a nice white bar of soap and cotton.

I am a fan of the CLEAN brand, because they make a lot of similar scents. I actually love to use this as a hair perfume, since it is so clean and fresh.

ailingessence
ailingessence

Heavy and reminds me of cheap two dollar handwasher. It has a very soapy smell and I will never buy this again.

stacia79
stacia79

A fragrance that I have gone 180 on. When I first tried it, I could not wait to scrub it off and often listed it in my Most Hated category. I thought it smelled like cheap soap from a hand dispenser in a public restroom and could not imagine anyone liking it. That was 4 years ago. When I decided to write about celebrity fragrances, I took a deep breath and sprayed on some Glow, so I could get all the disgusting nuances just right for the review. How surprised was I that I really like this now! How had I never noticed the wonderful orange blossom note before? It's true that on initial application it has a soapy, clean laundry smell. I was too quick to wash it off in the past. This time I let it settle in and dry down for a couple hours. It doesn't really smell like perfume, just soft and girly....like the sweat from a fairy princess. Hee hee. I'm glad that I gave this another try as it is perfect for days when it is too hot for regular perfume but you still want to smell great. The bottle is still cheesy and awful looking though.

I still like this one....I think.lol it's been awhile but I wore this all summer when it was released, the matching body cream is one of the best I've used,it's thick,heavily scented but not overpowering. It's a clean fresh sexy and warm scent. I don't get the powder dry down on me. Better than Gwen Stefani Lamb(imo) that one is to loud and shouldn't be compared.

peferrarine
peferrarine

I like this one. I find it's simplicity sexy, in a very clean way. White powdery flowers surrounded by musk. For day or night.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

Way too white floral.. And u get rely strong jasmine notes. Maybe not jasmine, but gardenia, Lilly of the valley. So yeah. Sickeningly sweet, strong white floral. And there's a hint of milkiness or even coconut to it that mixes horribly with such a floral concoction! I would never wear this, ever. I only would wear a few celeb frags honestly. But this one takes the cake for being absolutely awful. I can detect this on people immediately, and I am immediately chased out of rooms from this frag. I'm a gourmand lover at heart, but I have the ability to love and appreciate florals. But this is hardly even real perfume to my nose. Real floral perfumes are about as classic perfume as you can get. This is just some mistake!! Worst. Frag.ever

mihaela01
mihaela01

I really hate it,it smels like cheap soap,I don t see J.LO wearing something like this.

kaejuntun

So many reviews - why not add one more?

After testing this fragrance more times than I can count I finally bought a bottle of this. Kind of an odd decision because I definitely wasn't in love with it - really, I can't even say I liked it enough to own it. But, being pretty impulsive and indecisive (a really dangerous mix, especially when it comes to perfume shopping! ) I figured I owed it to myself and to the perfume to give it a shot in the comfort of my own home, away from a bunch of other olfactory influences.

The verdict: I might actually love this. I really can't distinguish one floral note in the mix, but that's not to say this is a jumbled mess, either. It is almost cottony, warm, and soft. There is something intimate about it - not sexy, not even sensual, but more than that. To me, this fragrance implies a continued closeness that is comfortable, a unique bond - breakfast in bed after a shower, sharing sections of the newspaper, kisses punctuating conversation. A really lived in fragrance that is just soft enough around the edges. Corny? Probably. Blame the hopeless romantic in me :)

I can understand how/why this isn't a fragrance that will suit everyone, but imo that should never be a perfume's function. As for me, I am beginning to fall head over heels in love wit this... may have actually found a fragrance versatile enough to make it my signature :)

JennyNoelle0203
JennyNoelle0203

I'm always going back and forth on my feelings for this perfume. I like the soft freshness of it, but there is some element to it that feels a little bit old-ladyish to me. Maybe it's the musk & rose? Not sure but I have gotten a lot of compliments when I've worn it.

jessbug
jessbug

I love the hate/love for this fragrance. My friend HATES it, it seriously smells unpleasant to her. I quite enjoy it, although I don't reach for it that often. It smells almost completely similar to this China Rain fragrance oil I got from Body Time, which is great, but its stickiness sometimes keeps me from using it. The scent itself is floral, but in a clean way (no indolic notes, nor that typical Lily-of-the-Valley scent bathroom air fresheners overuse).

The only thing I experienced with Glow is a sort of dirty wet-towel note buried deep inside the base. Not sure if that was a one time thing, or just how the musk reacts to my skin. I might try Eau de Glow, to see if that note appears there too.

3.3/5

Latindancer
Latindancer

I remember this was the first perfume I ever purchased. And I was glad it wasn't like all the other sickly sweet, teenage celebrity scents! I never liked sweet scents. This is sort of floral, and soapy, and powdery as well. A tad too powdery I would say, like directly inhaling really nice floral-smelling talcum powder. But the lasting power is really great, about 12+ hours for me! And the scent doesn't evolve much, stays just the same floral, powdery all the way. Sillage is just moderate though, it kind of disappears after awhile and stays close to skin. Overall a very nicely done perfume! A pleasant, safe scent for a first perfume purchase too!

thatsperf
thatsperf

I've succumbed to Glow. I passed it by so many times over the years. Decided to buy a bottle because it was on sale and the price was beyond reasonable. It is the start of the summer and it is humid so I want to try a clean fragrance. This perfume smells like as if you've just come out from the shower! The bottle is frosted which reminds me of a steamy shower room/box, for lack of a better word, which perfectly describes the fragrance inside the bottle. Very suitable for the summer.
Edit: I totally agree that this fragrance smells a lot like Nivea creme you can buy in drugstores (Blue pot). This is the first perfume that I own that does not last long on my skin. 2 hours maximum! It's a shame because I like the fragrance.

Emerald17
Emerald17

I totally agree with dness92. I don't see this as a "soapy" scent. It does have a bit of a "clean" quality to it though; but more of a fresh floral clean as opposed to fresh-shampoo/bodywash clean. This was another blind buy based on recommendations from here. I'm only slightly disappointed that this wasn't more of a fresh-out-of-the-shower or even soapy clean than I expected, but it's not a complete disappointment.

On me, the grapefruit note does NOT stand out at all. There IS a bit of a citrus opening, but it quickly dispates with the blast of alcohol you get with it. This is definitely more floral to me than clean. But it's not a powdery floral. You can tell it's a white floral, but rather than the gardenia or jasmine standing out or being too sweet, this [on me]is a very soft, fresh, slightly green, and watery white floral. The rose in the background keeps this very feminine. The musk and sandalwood (though quite mellow) keep this from being an over-the-top heavy white floral. Overall, it's okay to me. Definitely more of a fresh, green, white-flower skin scent to my nose.

Libran
Libran

I love Glow, it always makes me feel feminine and I love the delicate floral notes. To me there is a freesia coolness to it with just a hint of rose. This is very long lasting but not too overpowering. Makes me think of spring and new buds, just a hint of something creamy and soft. Not at all sickly or cloying in any way! One of my summer "go to" fragrances! It is shower fresh and clean but not in an obvious way, I didn't want to use those words but it's true! A feel good fragrance that is suitable for all age groups.

liz_riv3
liz_riv3

If you want to smell clean, this is your fragrance. Too "soapy" for my taste, but not ugly.

lukkyme
lukkyme

I love GLOW . . . & I don't play that AGE or gender game etc . . . . with ANY fragrance that's 4 closed minded people who are interested in LIMITING themselves NOW! . . . . this perfume Is Ethereal , fresh , feminine & clean MANY have already mention the ''fresh'' out of the shower scent etc . . . & I believe that's because THIS is the way a WOMANS clean skin should smell & MEN know that also ;) that's why men CONSTANTLY compliment those who wear Glow . . . . . soft creamy milky fresh clean SKIN with delicate flower's & where this is AMAZING in another way is its affordable & MANY MANY others have made perfume's that smell this way & make women feel this way BUT this is the only one that has this STRONG STAYING POWER! all the other that smell feminine & beautiful etc . . . FADE away in 30 min & have 2 be re applied constantly & are usually upwards of 100 dollars etc . . . . :( glow is all these thing & is LONG LASTING & has plenty of sillage so YAY! us :) & is TOTTALLY AFORDABLE . . . . oh & I love the soft rose in glow also . . . whats NOT 2 love

BRAHMABULL
BRAHMABULL

Everytime I wear this I get compliments and it just an ok scent...go figure.

Hannehoney
Hannehoney

Smells like a fresh shower.. soapy and clean :)

jen_wilk
jen_wilk

They say this perfume is meant for a younger audience, but I love it. It is one of my staples. I love the clean, flowery scent and the way it smells with my skin. Great fragrance!

azfiri
azfiri

yuck! too floral for me

icontreras
icontreras

I am pleasantly surprised by Glow! I was expecting another sweet, teenager perfume similar to many in this range of price... but Glow is totally different... To me is a fragrance for a mature woman... it smells totally to talcum powder mixed with soap. It is clean and comfortable to wear. It is elegant and totally different to the typical fruity floral ones you can find in the shops.
I think this is a perfec scent for work.. noticeable but not to fill in the air of the office and bothering your colleagues.
A good quality-price relationship!

Dara813
Dara813

I was expecting something soapy, sweet, and clean. Kind of like DKNY's Pure or even Cool Water. This is neither; not to my nose anyway! It's a complete blast of floral...heavy white florals and that's it. I sprayed a little on my wrist and it wafted right into my nose and gave me an instant headache. I don't mind florals-peony, lily-of-the-valley, jasmine, rose to name a few. This is just too much for my nose to handle!

On a side note, I received this as a gift set-1.7 oz perfume, lotion, and shower gel. If anyone is interested, please let me know! I will probably trade this for pretty much anything. . All suggestions welcome, If you're I interested, send me a message.

CourtneyCakes
CourtneyCakes

this is one of my favs and you can get this for dirt cheap at like Ross or TJMaxx, i wear this like every day and i get tons of compliments, it is just clean and fresh with no fuss

my boyfriend likes it a lot too and i think this is a perfect date night going out perfume, a true classic

mrgeebee
mrgeebee

I am a big fiend for aldehydic,soapy fumes but i cant say i am mad for Glow..I did not mind it at first however i find the clean scent is more household/laundry detergent.Not sure if its due to ingredient restrictions or a penny pinching formula tweak but i would suggest testing first.With perfume these days its like every bottle is a new batch!

Tintorra
Tintorra

That was the so familiar smell from the past in the opening: Lux soap! Like Anna below comments it opens with a strong Lux soap scent. Then there are the flowers. Lots of them and strong. The rose most prominent. The dry down on me stays fresh, flowery and above all soapy. Love it! Makes me feel fresh, clean and in some way sexy all day. Put it on in the morning at a workday and could still smell it when I came home in the evening. I noticed it all day long although my collegaes didn't.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I finally dared to try it today. I was many times passing the drugstore and telling myself to try before i buy. Glad i did. Glow is too much for me. When i smell it its too many things going on at the same time. Flowers are chasing musk which is chasing bar of Lux soap. It is nice that i must admit but for my taste too clean and transparent yet powerful. It reminds me scent my sister was wearing back on the '80. I don't know what that was anymore but it was extra pure, clear and totally Glow-like.

k8r8r
k8r8r

This was a blind-buy for me from Marshall's...I was surprised at how refined and classic it is. It is a modern interpretation of White Shoulders in my opinion. I love this fragrance. Very lady-like. I find myself craving it. I try to wear other scents, but by the end of the day, I always end up putting this on. It just makes me happy. It may be my signature scent.

March 30, 2014 edit: Over the course of several months of storage I found that this has developed the dreaded cat pee accord; both on my skin and sniffing it straight from the bottle. Too bad, she made such a nice first impression.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

In a way, this perfume represents me coming full circle in my quest for scent. When this fragrance first came out I remember wanting to sniff it out so I went to the drugstore and did so. I liked the smell but didn't think a man should wear a ladies perfume so I didn't buy it. Instead, I bought the shower gel and enjoyed the pleasant, clean smell it left on my skin after my shower. Fast forward to the present. For the last few months I have been dabbling in ladies fragrances. I found myself bored with men's fragrances and after getting my feet wet with unisex scents, I decided to finally take the leap and start wearing perfume that is actually made for and targeted at women. At this point, there is no turning back. I have bought many bottles of ladies perfume and enjoy wearing a great deal of them. At 28, I lacked the self-assured confidence it took to pull off women's perfume. At 39, I don't care what anybody else thinks. I don't see fragrance as having a gender anymore. I wear what I like, regardless if the scent is marketed towards a man or a woman. Now that I finally own a bottle of Glow, I can say how enjoyable it is to wear. Catching whiffs of this while I have it on just makes me happy! It's such a "clean" smell and who doesn't like to smell clean?!?! Perfect for spritzing on after a nice, long shower! A casual scent that can be easily worn every day. Being the first fragrance by Jennifer Lopez, I also believe that it's her best. She has other good ones (and some not so good) but this one tops them all!!!

katerina.katka770

I love this scent. It lasts all day... It's soapy and refreshing and it makes me feel really very fresh all day. But this is not just that! To my suprise, it is a compliment magnet and mostly from men, which I didn't expect with this perfume. I have never been complimented with other perfume (and much more expensive) that with this one. Definitely a keeper for me! But for those who never tryed it yet, just 1-2 spritz are quite enough to last all day. If you over do it, it might cost you a headache. At first sniff it might be not totally pleasant, but after 10-15 min. is getting really much beautiful. At least according to my taste.

stephanie.cheng.108
stephanie.cheng.108

My friend got this and I took the liberty to sniff at it... A huge pang of Jasmine is all I got and it reminds me more of an air freshener. I'm a Malaysian chinese and I often visit Indian and Chinese temples where Jasmine is always being offered to deities... The smell of this perfume reminds me of all the religious events and scented burning incense for meditation. I recommend those religious people get this perfume cause it will give them a relegious scent and feel.

bobbydrugan
bobbydrugan

OMG totally forgot about this perfume!! Reminds me so much of my late teens when i first experienced night life think every girl in our local town used to buy it from the local beauty shop!! It was the first ever celebrity perfume that i smelled,very floral and powdery smelling on my skin loved it back then but something that i would walk past now as i prefer more warm oriental spicy smells. Worth a wiff lovely for a warm summers day/evening for casual drinks in the sun xx

selamoon
selamoon

The first time I used Glow was in summer and I liked soo much, it was a fresh femenine, refreshing and even sensual not too strong not too light so I went for the second bottle and I can't beared any more, it has become too strong , so strong that goes dierectly to my nose and makes me sneeeze right away I try it in summer , spring, fall and winter and NOT! is not the same :( not even to spray it on clothes! is really weird, but the thing is that the same is happening with all the fragances when I buy the second bottle, it happened with Eau tendre chanel, Miss Dior Cherrie, Ligth blue D&G etc... and its happening to some friends and my daughter also notice that. Why is that? pity cause I realy would like to stick to a fragance and I can't because they change it always. :(

Vyx
Vyx

Sorry but yuck!! Far to floral for me, fresh and clean? I didnt get that at all..just a huge wall of strong floral. All's I wanted to do was get it off. I got a small bottle given to me as they to didnt like it either. Just not me. Gave it away also.

Cruinneach
Cruinneach

Innocent smell of fresh and clean sheets and green morning mist. Doesn't sound bad. And it isn't but on my skin it's just too citrus-green-fresh-soapy to smell nice. Not really musky. Rather just whitefloral and citrus.

luna1234567
luna1234567

HATE!!!!! sorry all you lovers out there but this is seriously the strongest, most headache inducing fragrance I've ever tried. I usually like fresh scents and yes this is fresh but I don't think in a soapy way like so many say...my soap smells way better than this. This is TOO FLORAL. it literally smells like a flower garden would smell after the rain....and also smells like rosewater to me....so yeah I can't stand this and it's so strong. The name glow doesn't match the fragrance. I think it should be called FLOWER GARDEN or ROSEWATER or SPRING. It's a VERY heavy floral. Not for me at all.

tabithacate
tabithacate

I ordered this as an impulse buy from Cheapsmells and it arrived today. I ordered 30ml and as soon as I ripped the packaging open I got the bottle out to have a sniff. What a cute bottle, on pictures it looks a bit tacky, but in person the bottle is lovely and cuter smaller.
First spray smelt a bit like Salvador Dali which I have but more just got out the shower fresh, about half an hour in it had dryed down to a floral fresh heavenly smell.
This is one I will be wearing for work and casual events. Very nice, I am glad I purchased.

Lushylori

I'm wearing this today for the first time since buying my bottle.
It is extremely floral on me.
Very Summery.
It smells almost exactly like a bathroom spray that I've used before.
If you are a fan of VERY floral and awake in the daytime type of scents then this would work for you.
I am more into comforting scents and I don't feel this is very comforting,its more so an upbeat happy to know your alive and awake floral.
I would feel this would be perfect to wear on a nice sunny morning while wearing a white Sun dress and walking through a pretty flower garden :)
Its not a scent i'll reach for a lot but it definitely has its place in my perfume wardrobe.
I love the shape of all the Glow bottles and the pretty charm that resembles a belly chain :)

tandi
tandi

First hour of its application is soap. After that it smells clean for a very long time. I find its heart and drydown a softer version of l'eau d'issey by issey miyake.

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

I have written a bad review about this before BUT recently I have had a itch to buy and try it once again and I am in love once again! I have to say this does smell very clean like shower clean ALL day long because the lasting power is simply amazing! now that im a little older I can appreciate this one more because it isnt that sick sweet! gotta love the beautiful bottle too!

vattenmelon

i have to say..the body lotion is even better! its smells SO good and sexy

sammarrah
sammarrah

I tried this on just before I got in my car, big mistake. I got a headache and felt like I was going to vomit. When I arrived home I scrubbed my skin to get it off. There is something in this that I find sickening. It is one of the worst scents I have ever smelled. It reminded me of a strong urinal cake.

crazedbrit
crazedbrit

Went to the mall today to buy my hubby a fragrance for Valentine's Day, and tested this. I tried really really hard not to buy it, but I couldn't leave it in the store. Fresh, soapy, flowery...very nice for the money!

TinaFlowerPwr
TinaFlowerPwr

this perfume is so sexy, it is super clean smelling and just reminds me of like right after a hot bath. this is a really good date night scent, it's great!

vattenmelon

this is one of my favourite perfumes! very floral,sweet,and soapy,(clean in a good way) i love it.

sijenbarrett
sijenbarrett

Tested this today, I like it, it is indeed clean, uncomplicated, some say soap I see.
This fragrance had such a familiar feeling to me when I sniffed it, it instantly reminded me of something from my childhood it really nagged me all day long, I thought it was some type of suntan lotion that my mom used to use, as I was thinking warm sunshine whenever I smelt this Glow, trips to the beach with my mom and sisters..and then it hit me, we would make our way home from our day at the beach, get home, wash away the beach sand and suntan oil and then moisturise with body cream after bath, that cream being Nivea and that is what this reminds me of and this does not put me off at all..It is a lovely fragrance.
It conjures up lovely childhood memories of growing up in the South African sunshine and I will be getting this fragrance.

ruski-lady
ruski-lady

I tried this on my skin today, hoping to like it (mainly because it's very cheap and I was after an alternate work fragrance). Lots of people describe this as soapy and it really is. It is a quite literal representation of soap. Not perfumed soap, or expensive fragranced soap, but plain soapy soap. This may be what some people are after but unfortunately I am not too fond of the literal soap scent. I love prada infusion de iris and that is also described as soapy by some- however I find prada infusion de iris much more complex and interesting.

fresh-sexy-clean

exactly what Jennifer Lopez wanted her fragrance to smell.

i wear it when i want something simple and it is always perfect.

jusanumber
jusanumber

I got this in a lot. I never liked the way it smelled from the bottle. I'm weeding out my collection now and tried it today for the first time. Lysol spray is what the initial blast smelled like. I got a wicked headache from it which finally has passed. I still smell Lysol in the drydown. I'd wash it off, but it is cold today and I'd rather stink like air freshener than get wet.

Mons
Mons

Judge me all you want, I bought this today - I really like it. It's a squeaky clean, just stepped out of the shower fragrance. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown Beach only a tiny bit less salty/sandy. I think this will be great layered or by itself.
Like I said - judge if you will, I like this scent.

missbene
missbene

It smells nice, but it's a little too strong for me and very long-lasting, so I can smell it all through the day and even after a shower. I often end up with a headache, which I rarely get from perfumes. However, if I use a very small amount of it at the time I like it.

eliasradiance
eliasradiance

It is clean soft scent

KVM
KVM

this fragrance is described as fresh, sexy, clean and it's definitely that, this was one of the first perfumes i used as a teen and loved ever since, one of my faves.

Glam Sham
Glam Sham

You either love it or hate it. I LOVE it!

miss mills
miss mills

I was expecting a rosy, floral, soapy number with this one - a friend wore it a long time ago and on her it was light and refreshingly floral. So I bought a 30ml bottle and have worn it for three days now. It's definitely a skin scent in that I can barely smell it on my skin myself!

Then, when I do manage to catch it, it's a sunscreen/mild and fusty (not sexy amber coming through for me here) amber concoction that smells not in the least bit refreshing on me, especially for a hot NZ summer. Back to the Cool Water for me!
This must be one of those personal skin's chemistry reacting strangely experiences I'm having, based on the other reviews here. I so wanted to love it. Selling this one on.

alicem
alicem

Powdery, soapy, musky & fresh, the notes are well blended and it is difficult to distinguish each individual note. Glow is a very subtle & feminine fragrance that can be worn safely at the office. However I wish the vanilla was a bit more noticeable, a more prominent sweet note would have made the fragrance warmer & deeper, overall this is a well made celebrity fragrance.

BillieNicole
BillieNicole

People are right when they say this smells a little like soap, but I think that isn't a bad thing, especially at the cheap price you can get this fragrance at and its good lasting power and sillage.
This fragrance makes you smell very clean, in a lovely musky and floral way, which is perfect for hot weather and the days where you want to just smell fresh, those T-shirt and jeans days, or even just when you got out of the shower and want to relax.

beccalee79
beccalee79

Words cannot even describe how beautiful this perfume is! It really does smell like a 'just got out of the shower' fragrance. I waited forever to try this. I remember seeing it in a Dept store when it was first launched years and years ago. It is very powdery and musky which I love. It is 40 degrees celcius (104 farenheit) where I live in Australia as I type this and this perfume is absolutely perfect! So glad I purchased this! Love love love xooxxo

mama2chloe
mama2chloe

Love love love. My new HG. It smells exactly as I remember Casual which is hard to find now.

I bought my 3rd bottle of Glow... :) Am quite concerned though whether I bought a knock-off this time or the last. I hope anyone here can help me or refer me to the right thread.

My first bottle I bought around 2006. I loved the smell and it was very long lasting, scent was still on me till next morning if I happened not to shower (!) so I repurchased in 2010. I wondered though why the bling around the bottle looked different, i.e., the hook at the bottom of the letter J was pointy instead of square like on my first purchase. And it didn't last as long as the first bottle I got. So I began to think maybe I got a knock-off! I purchased from a different seller for my 3rd bottle. This time, the J was again square-ended, but it was still not as long lasting as the 1st one. So am more confused than ever. I My questions are 1)Was Glow reformulated at some point? and 2) How does the letter J on a genuine Glow look like -- pointy or square ended??

Really am restless about this -- Glow is my signature scent and I love it! I love a good bargain too but want to avoid the fakes... TIA...

salkie
salkie

I absolutely love this magic love potion, the fragrance is so unique. I love the bottle, If I were to design perfumes my bottles would be like Jlos glow and live range, love her stuff!!! This is creamy, and warm and rich, luxurious. My favourite! I got mine when it first came out, then purchased another!! Love love love it!

ohshea
ohshea

I usually love celebriscents and when this first came out i remembered i sniffed it and wantedbit but never did buy it. I love the post shower smell and thr udea of this perfume is a good one..but i can not tolerate the smell. It smells like soap, and just that. Not nice soft dove original or nivea, it smells like those cloying tiny soaps given at cheap motels or like a rancid, cheap deodorant cream given to patients at hospitals. I expected more from yhis fragrance, i do not smell anything other than soap!! Maybe j. Lo's miami glow will agree with me more.

Alicja007
Alicja007

Ohh gosh, how much I hate this perfumes! Strong, overwhelming and soapy. Nothing but to choke for 2 hours after light sniffing. :(

Louise Graves

This is an updated review. I've totally changed my mind. Yes it is soft and pretty. We are sweltering in 36 Celsius degrees. Glow is perfect for this heat. It is not cloying or overpowering as some frags in these temperatures. Glow is light and fresh and somehow cooling. I never realized how important seasons are.

MissxoAlisha
MissxoAlisha

This is one of the most AMAZING perfumes I have ever smelled! Since it came out in 2003 it has still been one of my absolute favorites! It's just so fresh and clean smelling and I feel like you can wear it no matter what the occasion is. It makes you smell like you just got out of the shower. LOVE LOVE LOOOVE!!

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

This is the ONLY non-gourmand fragrance in my entire collection (over 25 bottles). Many fresh/floral scents give me headaches, but this is one of the few that doesnt.

I bought my first bottle of this at the height of JLO mania when it first came out.I went through it pretty fast and now, 10 years later, found a huge 100ml bottle at Ross for $30 and re-discovered my love for it.

This is an ultimate fresh and girly (not sweet) scent. I remember being in Hawaii and a girl came in the elevator wearing it (I asked),and she smelled like shampoo and soap,and I loved that people would think the same of me when I wear it.

I find that it is really strong for the first couple hours but dies down, probably as it is not an eau de parfum which is what I normally use.

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

When Glow came out I was into sweet & fruity perfumes and shower gel type perfumes didn't inspire me. But now I gave it another chance. It fits to me! After 2 hours it smells fresh but noticeable. There's not mentioned lilly, but I feel it. If you like powdery Chloe perfumes , try this one!

Fleur_Nuit
Fleur_Nuit

I really like the idea of it, I've tried it several times but I just don't see it as fresh, clean or sexy! To me it smells like something a hip grandma would wear, the flowers are a bit too much and it ends up reminding me of "old school" perfumes... For something in the same lines as this one (clean, skin scent) I'd suggest Close by Gap, I'm really enjoying it!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I wore this quite a few years ago, and it's one of the few white flower perfumes I can get away with. Lily of the valley and similar flowers smell harsh on me but for some reason this is fairly pleasant.

It is a bit like a whiff of Dove or Nivea soap but the very light touch of tuberose and musk round it out into a skin scent - a little more 'oily' with possibly a touch of fresh sweat could be a way to describe it.

Beats all the sickly fruity perfumes, to my nose anyway - may they rest in peace quite soon.

julieanneh
julieanneh

Wow, on me initially it smelled good, (the first 15 minutes) i liked it and i was waiting to see how it evolved over a few hours and the rest of the day. Then it is all gone by 60 minutes. Not worth it if its just going to fade into nothingness!

KittyBaditty
KittyBaditty

I use Dove soap in the shower, moisturize with Nivea, then 1 spritz of Glow on my tummy and the back of my neck. She is clean, soapy and fresh, as long as I avoid my normal pulse points - spraying this on my wrists or neck is too, too much. If I go overboard there is something in this that reminds me of an old Dior fragrance and I get a splitting headache. I find it weird that men love this scent - it's exactly like soap and nobody ever compliments soap?

kristine oh
kristine oh

It's light, clean, and fresh. A perfect after shower scent. Nothing special much about this one. It doesn't have that WOW effect when you first smell it, its a typically common perfume. I think I have smelled something like it before, in short not very original. It doesn't even project that sexy, confident feeling in you. It's just makes you feel simple and pretty.

beauty00
beauty00

interesting scent

flowers_are_evil
flowers_are_evil

for about three hours after I've sprayed it to my wrist, it smelled as if I've sprayed a toilet freshener by mistake - very cheap, suffocating, intoxicating floral. I seriously have never experienced anything like this before - truly horrible smell! but after 9 (!!!) hours I can still smell it and it's quite pleasant fresh smell, a bit like a berry/floral shower gel.

Will never buy it, and I'm glad I didn't buy it off the internet before I've tested it!

So, to sum it all up: amazing longevity, horrible smell! x

tygrrrlily505
tygrrrlily505

Glow by J.Lo is a very pleasant scent. It's strong and clean smelling. The longevity on this scent is impressive. However, it kind of gives off the impression of a deodorizer.

ynde
ynde

One of the few perfumes I keep going back to
When I was in high school, I got invited to go to a two week politics conference camp in the USA, which I was hugely excited about. As a gift, my grandmother bought me a bottle of this to take with me so I could feel more grown up, and I adored it. I wore it all the time, and even wore it a little when I came back. Unfortunately, somehow this disappeared and I forgot about it when we moved house, and I didn't give it a second thought.

When I started getting more into fragrance early this year, I went shopping one day in search of a clean, soapy fresh scent. Wandering around, I saw this and couldn't resist smelling it. Though I felt a bit silly at first smelling something I wore as a teenager, I feel like it smells differently on me now, so I think those who say it's for a specific age group are wrong - even my mum loves to wear this in hot 35+ degree Australian heat! The price is an absolute bargain too, usually on sale for about $29 for the 100ml bottle. Light and fun and feminine, great for hot summer days, and quite soapy clean. You can't go wrong with this!

TheFutureMrsB
TheFutureMrsB

Initially I really loved the citrusy freshness of this perfume when first sprayed, whilst this lingered for a while it soon mellowed into a sweet powdery scent that I really liked. It stayed fresh smelling, and really clean.
I think I first thought it would be a heavier scent than what it is just because I imagined that JLo would have wanted a more sexier scent, but this is a really zesty, playful scent.
I found it to be quite long lasting, I don't feel the need to keep topping it up throughout the day, I can still detect a hint of the soft scent in the evening. It's not a heavy scent and is very easy to wear.

I have to say that this is a scent I am quite fond of, it has a nice summery feel to it with it's zesty citrus scents that mellow into a nice smooth lasting scent.

Soie
Soie

Glow does smell like soap but that is not a bad thing to me. By the time Glow came out, I was already a lover of soapy fragrances and actively sought them out. What I would have like instead of the fruit punch flankers that followed, was if Jennifer Lopez had've come out with other, more sophisticated, soapy scents. A fragrance reminiscent of a warm, luxurious bath with a rose and violet soap would have been very nice.

starvega
starvega

Not a fan! Unsure which part of it is so offensive to my nose (might be the over-soapiness) but it is just yuk and sharp on me. I received it as a gift and was determined to use it up, so would wear it on nights where I knew there would be a lot of competing smells (e.g. people smoking) and that my perfume wouldn't really matter. Funny thing is, it is one of the only fragrances that I've received multiple compliments on from men! A man once leaned in to give me a kiss on the cheek and stayed near my neck for a creepily long time, before yelling for his friends to come over and see how beautiful I smelt. So go figure.

Mamabear88
Mamabear88

Gorgeous clean,fresh smelling.Always reminds me of that amazing scent on sunscreen and a sun drenched day at the beach.It smells the way you smell when you have just had a shower.Very good silage and lovely dry down.What I like about this fragrance is it stays very much the same the whole day,doesn't sweeten or become powdery,it just stays lovely and I found it amazing in the hot summer I wore it,I want it again !!!

Fragaria
Fragaria

I tried this one today. Not really sure what to think. I don't dislike it. It's similar to My Glow, Love and Glamour and Lovely. They're all in the same class to my nose. I don't think I like one over the other either. It lasts a long time, I like that. It's powdery for sure. It's clean and I like clean scents. Pretty enough bottle also. I just don't think it's for me. I haven't decided if I like these scents or not. They don't seem to be my personality. I'm going to be trying these often but I don't expect at this point, to ever buy one of these three.....

saranafia
saranafia

Creamy...creamy & more creamy. like Nivea cream. disappointing.

Lady.BaaBaa
Lady.BaaBaa

Nice and light with jasmine (my favourite) but unfortunately the overwhelming soapy note is, well, overwhelming. This would be lovely on a teenager as it's very clean-smelling but the soap is a little too much for me.

glawarien
glawarien

Soap, soap and more soap! Not necessarily a bad thing though, if you are into soapy fragrances, but it really smells as if you've poured a flowery shower gel in the shower that morning and got out! The nice thing about this fragrance is that it is relatively stable. The top notes don't differ much from the base notes, you won't get any big surprises as the hours go by. And we're talking hours! It is a noticeable fragrances and stays on for many hours! What I smell most is jasmin, neroli, orange flower and musk. Too strong a perfume and too citrusy for me, but for the right person it would be great, I can feel it. Tried it as a sample over a couple of days.

iflipcess0527
iflipcess0527

smells good on me, not overpowering, it is one of those clean, soapy scents. It smells really nice on my clothes and stays there for long hours

Louise Graves

Glow is a very safe EDT. It's very soft but I don't love it. I like it for its nostalgic qualities. It reminds me of lily of the valley soaps I occasionally got to use as a child. It's leaves a powdery clean scent. It doesn't have stand out personality which I look for in my frags. I'll use it occasionally but I have others I would use before this. It smelt so much better on the scent strip than on me. Disappointed

lizlady68
lizlady68

Although not up there this is very similar to Body by victoria which was discontinued but I believe they recently brought back (don't know if it is reformulated) but very similar.

Criszzz
Criszzz

This is my signature scent! Eversince it came out, I've been using it and eversince I've been getting a lot of compliments, men and women alike. Seems like I can never live without it. I've tried other perfumes but I never get the same compliments I do with Glow.

amberdk621
amberdk621

I LOVE THIS PERFUME! It reminds me of being younger, in junior high, when I used to love love musk (i.e. Skin Musk and Jovan Musk)and it just smells like home or comfort. It's warm and nostalgic and fresh and sexy at the same time. My husband loves it too! I don't wear it all the time, but when I do, I love it. And I get compliments. I really don't care if I am older than the target demographic, what matters is what makes you happy, or your lover. I am impressed with Jennifer Lopez's fragrances overall, and this one is my first. I will be buying more.

Rozy89
Rozy89

This scent is so special to me because it was the last gift from my father before he pass away.

My3Champs
My3Champs

I absolutely love this EDT. The scent is soft, powdery and soapy clean. If you like baby powder scents, this one wont disapoint. It comes off strong, but how horrible can smelling very soapy clean be? I am adding this to one of my all time favorites. It is totally different from many of the EDTs out there. Anothersoft clean scent that I also enjoy is Cashmere Mist. It is not in anyway similar to this one, but it is anothet after bath scent I like using that just smells comfy, powdery.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

Initial spray it is really strong alcohol or very intense detergent? then immediately becomes a clean fresh, a little soapy, just got out of the shower scent, which i would have liked. but then the musk emerges and stays forever on my skin and clothes, thats the only thing that i smelled until 5pm. too musky for my taste so i just returned it.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This is a more accessible version of China Rain. I don't care much for Glow because it can smell too astringent on some people. However, I admire the concept---a soapy rose-musk skin scent.

Will stick to China Rain oil though since it layers well and a little goes a long way.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I bought this perfume a while ago, and put it on again today. I forgot how much I liked it! I never considered it "soapy", but it is a clean fresh fragrance. Most white florals turn all bitter and sharp on me; this one stays soft and smooth. It does get powdery, but stays light and fresh. It's hard to describe the invidual notes; to me, this all blends nicely together. I do find it lasts a long time--8 hours, which is very long time on me. It's hot out, so it comes out in bursts when I go outside and sweat a bit. I'm not one to get compliments on perfume (sadly), but I like how it smells.

Ig19
Ig19

Pure soap. I sprayed it on my wrist (unfortunately without trying it before on a paper) and ruined my day!

Loabud
Loabud

This perfume is very good, has a floral and clean smell.
It is a perfume which exhale, like an aura following you all day, I'm very impressed with the longevity, while Miami Glow lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin, Glow lasts up to 12 hours, is amazing.
People around praise a lot, I don't think sweet or cloying. It isn't a formal perfume, is a good perfume for the day to day(work, an output more relaxed, etc).

megannsmom
megannsmom

I totally agree with Repogirl; this one must depend on chemistry.....which sadly, works against me in this case! Not a scrubber, but nothing special....alot of the "laundry detergent" scent another reviewer mentioned and not much else. Too bad, because the notes sounded so promising!!

Repogirl

One thing I forgot to mention is that this scent can either be lovely or nasty and it all seems to ome down to chemistry. Friends of mine have purchased this scent after smelling me and loving it on me but it just didn't work with their chemistry and smelled completely different. So I think this scent is going to either be a major win or complete miss.

SRJ1210
SRJ1210

This is my mothers signature scent, it smells so good on her, its unbelieveable! She often gets compliments by people when she wears this perfume.
Its just the perfect perfume for her, I could smell her all day long when she wears this, mmh!

Soap
Soap

Truly my signature scent!

EVERY day, someone either speaks to me, pulls me aside or hunts me down to ask me what I'm wearing. Although I describe Glow as soft, "rounded," voluptuous, soapy and powdery (the perfect marriage of roses, soap, and baby powder!), others tell me I smell "clean" and "fresh." Men AND women, both gay and straight, have complimented me on it - so it appeals to everyone.

True story: I was walking down the street after a long day of work, and a mother and daughter who were standing beside me at the crosswalk gave me dreamy smiles and asked what I was wearing. I was like, "Are you serious? It's 6:30pm; I put this on 12 hours ago!"

Glow, when applied properly (I have a fragrance-layering technique on freshly-washed skin after a shower with a filtered showerhead), will make you smell like you just bathed...all day. Personally, that's my goal. I don't want to smell like anything else during the day except clean.

Ideal sillage. There is something moisturizing in the perfume that makes it lovingly embrace your skin. And, of course, DON'T RUB, or you'll break up the scent molecules.

I can't think of a more perfect daytime perfume. I love JLo for this.

(FYI, you can remove the studded "necklace" from the bottle and have an innocuous, frosted bottle to display, if bling is not your thing.)

akheperure
akheperure

I tried this one on today, but on me it smells of laundry detergent, the kind that my grandma used decades ago.
It is not unpleasant, but it's not lovely either.
I'll try it again some other time, maybe it will feel different then...

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

I love at the first spray about 1 minute because of white rose is so pure and fresh, but later the soapy note mixed with hair spray ruin everything and make me get a headache.

Lumiere
Lumiere

I was so surprised. I thought, this would be musky perfume, but it appeared elegant lily-of-the valley. I sprayed on the sleeve of my suit jacket, and I think, this should be tried on skin, it may have the scent of the cheap eau de cologne Muguet by Novaya Zarya, or elegant and fresh.

k0k0black
k0k0black

So glad I didn't purchase this but I actually got it as a gift. From the moment I spritzed it, I immediately HATED the scent. There is nothing elegant or any light floral scent about this purfume. It has a very weird, strong smell that I think absolutely stinks. If anyone was wearing this near me, I'd think they bought an out of date cheap purfume or they are used a manly musky soap bar. It is no surprise that this perfume has so many dislikes on fragrantica. What a shame, I really liked the bottle and it's charm at the front. But the smell is a no-no.

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Did not care for this one. Gave me headaches, and smelled like hair spray.

nightcat23
nightcat23

I usually love clean scents but when I first smelled this I thought it smelt like cheap hotel soap however it grew on me and now I own a 50ml bottle.

It is definitely a clean skin scent and perfect for days when you don't want to smell too fruity or sugary but just want a nice fresh clean smell like you just stepped out of the shower.

A little goes a long way and you don't need to apply too much.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Just got this, really hate it, it's heavy and very strong, smells a lot like bar soap, definitely not a light floral fragrance. Shame, i really like the bottle with a little charm.

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

I was quite surprised when I first tried this fragrance. I mean, it is a celebrity scent. But, for me it's an elegant fragrance.

To my nose, it's bright and happy- with green florals, white florals, and snappy green woods. This gives me the impression of a vibrant, soapy floral perfume that is perfect for formal get-togethers,and casual spring activities. I think it's perfect for a spring wedding or outdoor patio party.

This is a very clean scent. It's not fruity or sweet. It's soapy and floral. It reminds me of Dlish fragrances- Clean Provence, almost.

Falciatore
Falciatore

Not my kind, I think it's so boooring...

Blondine28
Blondine28

Nice bottle, but there is something very nasty about it. It smells like cheap, like laundry.. I cant explain it. It has too much powder... not my type for sure..

anosmia
anosmia

This was a blind buy as my 10 year old saw the bottle online and loved it.

She loves the perfume too, which is a good thing since its a little too soapy for me.

The longevity is really good, i must say, even in hot humid climate, and i can still smell it even 10 hours later, which i wish was true for some of the perfumes that i like.

But, sorry JLO, no more Glow for me.

sofababe
sofababe

Glow is a rare thing in my perfume wardrobe- a repeat buy. I first received it some years ago as a freebie with a magazine subscription. I used that bottle up and bought another. Fast forward several years and I've joined Fragrantica and stopped flailing around in "random perfume buying mode" and am giving proper thought to what I really like, and enjoying wearing. Giving thought to some new summer purchases I see Glow mentioned time and again, and immediately I realise that Glow is what I need for summer 2012. I now have a bottle on my dresser again and I'm loving it.
Glow is soapy, soft, clean and delicious. Not overpowering in terms of sillage, long lasting and a crowd pleaser.
I find that I'm a big fan of Ms Lopez's fragrance line (tho not of her music or movies, or her love of fur), she has possibly the best celebrity line currently.
Big thumbs up for Glow.

FuzzCookies
FuzzCookies

As a J.Lo Iover I bought this when I was about 15 and I felt so grown up wearing it, however with time I find I dislike it. This one is not subtle whatsoever and is only slightly delicate when it comes to it's sweet undertone. Underneath lurks an indescribable sourness which I can't shake off and which makes it rather unpleasant to wear long term. I'd say you'll either love it or hate it, but it's definitely not one for the shy as it lingers for a long time and is very pungent.

Kyi
Kyi

A year or two ago, I remember being out somewhere and a woman walked past me and I caught a whiff of her perfume. It smelled really fresh, clean, and soapy (which I liked) and I had to ask her what she was wearing because I had smelled it before. She told me it was Glow, and I told myself that one of these days, I needed to buy a bottle of it. Fast forward to today... I decided to order this perfume online on a whim when I went to a bar and smelled that scent again. I don't think it was Glow, but it reminded me of it. When I got the perfume and sprayed it on myself, it did not smell the same as I remembered. I just remember it smelling better for some reason. Maybe it's my body chemistry or maybe because it was a while ago. I still like the scent, but it just doesn't seem "me". I will still wear it, but probably not get another bottle if I run out.

smellitivity
smellitivity

I found Glow by Jennifer Lopez so eager to be fresh, soapy and clean, to be a bit too close to an air-freshener.
Fortunately enough, notes vanlla and musk come to the rescue in the dry down.

Shinbin
Shinbin

Got this as a teenager back on holidays, might get myself another bottle to take with me this year :D it is reasonably cheap enough too, which i like about it.

ailishlu
ailishlu

Before I start, I haven´t read all the reviews...and there are many... I bought this today on a whim since it was quite reasonable. Back home and eager to try out my new purchase, I unwrapped the box thinking I could probably get away with wearing this one to bed since it´s fresh, clean and unoffensive. I sprayed it on and WHAM...a whack in the face! This is not what I expected! 3 hours later and I`m still awake. I can smell PERSIL, yes I overdid it again with the soap powder! However, to be fair it settles down to a powdery floral with still a strong hint of PERSIL. I can´t help thinking that it reminds me of something else. Yes, EA 5th Avenue!.In the dry down, but a lot more potent. Have to think about this. I`ll wear 5th Avenue next, which I do like, and report back. It´s not terrible, but it´s not really me and I don´t think I will be making another purchase of this one. I´ll try to use it up, applying with caution. Someone said bug spray, well I don´t know what bug spray smells like but this certainly has something repellant about it.
--------------------------------------------------
Wearing 5th Avenue. Phew, what a relief! It smells nothing like JLo Glow. I must have mistaken it for another. I gave JLo Glow to my friend who said she really liked it. So glad to make someone happy. I have to admit that the bottle is pretty.

SaleenM98
SaleenM98

I owned this in my late teens and early twenties, before I knew what a barroom smelled like. I loooved Glow for those years until suddenly one day I just didn't like it anymore. To me, it DOES smell soapy, but it smells like a chain smoker who just stepped out of the shower. It has a barroom-type smell: like someone who has been out partying and tried her damnedest to wash last night's sin off with a 30 bars of Ivory soap. :(

marboura
marboura

I love JLo Glow. It's the only perfume I have finished the bottle and bought it again. It's fresh, clean and longlasting.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

I used to wear this all the time and i thought it smelled so great, until one day i wore it and someone asked me if i had been drinking, they said i smelled like Alcohol.. Brandy in Particular lol. So after that i stopped wearing it because a few people said i smelled like liquor! I wasent drinking i was wearing this perfume.. I guess it just stopped working with my body chemistry? i ended up giving my bottle away after i sprayed it into the air and people STILL swore it smelled like liquor...

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

floral, musky & very soapy. It smells a hint like L'eau d'Issey Issey Miyake for women, but the soapy version.

icekat
icekat

Glow is one of those scents that I like to wear when I have a craving for a nice, clean and pleasant scent that invokes straight out of the shower feeling. I wore this scent a lot when it came out in 2002 and I remember that it was so different from heavier oriental and floral scents I used to wear. Glow does smell soapy and clean but unlike other scents in this category, I do like its composition and structure. It invokes the feelings of a luxurious soap with nice layers of neroli, rose and sandalwood.

In the opening there is a bit of rubbing alcohol, which is not my favorite part but very soon Glow settles into a soapy neroli and citrus scent and then slowly transitions into a floral bouquet. I like roses and orange blossoms in the heart notes. Both compliment soapy notes quite well. The scent has a nice development arc and it lasts for hours. In the base notes, Glow transforms into a clean floral musk – still quite soapy. The longevity is 10+ hours and the sillage is strong too.

Overall score is 7/10. Glow is the queen of soapy scents, so I think it certainly deserves its honorable place among this category in my collection. I recommend it.

francisrose
francisrose

This perfume is not overwhelming in either a good or bad way.It is musky and clean, and reminds me of Jovan Musk, or Sweet Honesty by Avon. Very feminine and soapy, unobtrusive and sedate. However I get many compliments when wearing this fragrance and I am constantly smelling the crook of my arm where I spray it, so there must be something very lovely about this fragrance. If you like to smell like floral bath powder and soap(which is not a bad thing!)you will love this floral soapy fragrance.

sunnyshine
sunnyshine

I cannot get over this gorgeous smell. I don't know if it' s sexy, but wearing this make me feel dynamic, energetic, efficient and happy. It has a teriffic sillage and meanwhile it' s one of the few perfumes man can wear a hot, summer morning and still feeling clean- like you're just out of the shower.

Worth every penny.

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

My first perfume ever and still my signature scent to this day. Which is suprising because I typically hate floral perfumes. Theirs just something so soapy and innocent about this perfume that I love. I do understand the negative reviews because this is a scent that either smells wonderful or awful on you.

grazzia
grazzia

This used to be my signature perfume… It reminds me of hot summer days, counting stars on the night sky, holding hands in the middle of the meadow and of my first kiss… The sweetest memories of my teenage years.

I have recently re-discovered this in some duty-free shop and I just had to say hello to this one. I still find it very special and different. It is quite soapy, but what I also get is huge and fresh bouquet of lily-of-the-valley. I like it because it is strong and fresh and as I have said before-different.

I am thinking about purchasing a small bottle. This is still one of my favorites. ˂3

katerina.katka770

I bought it just today and I love it! Somehow I never try it before, but today I saw it on sales and decided to get a bottle of this. First, I was kind of disappointed that this scent is coming only Eau de toilette and not Eau de Perfume. I was thinking that it will not last at all. But bought it anyway because of the very good price I find it today. And it's like 10 hours later now and I'm sitting here and I still smell it all around me. So for me, this is like perfume. It is very strong and I was very surprised because this is light scent. As all already said on here - very fresh, light... very good for spring or summer time. I don't see myself wearing it on winter. On winter I like more spicy scents. So yes, I love my first JLo Glow scent and the bottle is also very elegant and pretty.

SandraV
SandraV

On me this smells exactly like Nivea cream-in fact I layer those two instead of the Glow lotion that came in the gift set I bought on clearance.I just got it for the perfume because it was so cheap;)
Even though this is a clean scent you need to apply it sparingly as too much can be cloying-it has a lot of silage on me and lasts forever.Sometimes it gives me a headache but I still love that it smells like my Nivea:P

librarygirl
librarygirl

Clean, fresh, skin, shower, bathing...all of these words spring to mind when inhaling this fragrance. It's a really nice scent with good lasting power on me. Especially for a EDT. Kind of reminds me of 'Meadowsong' from back in the 70's, only a more luxe version.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

That is all I smell. Its light , fresh.... just out of the shower fresh. That i true.

When I put on a perfume I don't want to smell like I just got out of the shower. I don't get the point for evn buying perfume that smells like soap .SOAP .

kylexora
kylexora

Fresh, sexy, clean. And yes, I agree. This is fresh shower, and yes, smell clean too. I don't like it when it was launched years ago, but I tried it lately and guess what, I LOVE IT. Most review here is right, it smell soapy, hotel soap to be exact. But I don't mind, I love it no matter what you say.
Maybe you wonder why I don't like it before. Urm, at that time, I was in my teen age and I don't prefer this type of smell. I'm more into candy fruity sweet, but I guess my taste had change and I prefer soapy scent now. If you love soapy and clean smell, this is a good choice. You may try Prada Infusion d'Iris and Chanel No 19 Poudre too.

marydoan90
marydoan90

Long ago I received a sample of this in a 'wet-nap' form. I was about 13 y/o and I remember thinking "Mmm, this smells clean and fresh!"
But recently I was reintroduced to Glow and WOW, was I disappointed.
Powder and musk was all I could smell. Maybe a TOUCH of floral that kept it from smelling completely like a baby-wipe.

Pinja
Pinja

I suspect muguet was left out of the notes of Glow on purpose, since muguet sounds old fashioned.

Glow seems such a straight forward muguet fragrance that one could just get the very good Diorissimo instead. Oh wait, Diorissimo is not good anymore, reformulation ruined it. You can just as well get Glow.

bethany.m
bethany.m

I love this! It is so powdery and fresh but not in an overwhelming, old lady type way. I feel like I just got out of the shower and that its just strong enough to barely give someone a hint of what you're wearing when you walk by. It definitely goes on a lot stronger than the way it wears after fifteen minutes. Once the top notes wear off, it is a very subtle scent.

phia143
phia143

I really love this perfume but the only thing is that it has a weird scent that i can't pin point. The weird scent smells like cold cream or a unscented cream my mother used to use. I guess that must be the chemically scent that other people are smelling. I keep using my perfume because the weird scent is not to strong but its defiantly there. I don't really smell the soap scent like other people do unless they are comparing this perfume to a floral scented soap. This perfume smells very floral, mostly of jasmine. Ive been wanting to try her new fragrance that released in 2012 Eu De Glow it suppose to be a remake of this perfume that has a fresher cleaner scent. Hopefully w/out the cold cream/unscented cream scent!!!! :>

fcirone1
fcirone1

One of my favorite scents that i usually wear during hot summer weather...it fits in perfectly with the humid summer...light and airy and you smell shower fresh when you wear this!

NatasjaH
NatasjaH

I LOVE it. It has been my signature fragrance for years. Whenever I wear it, I always get compliments and people ask me what fragrance it is. When I smell it, I think it's too strong and too musky sometimes, but on my skin it's perfect. It really makes me feel happy, sexy and just beautiful. It's really a very clean but sexy fragrance.

fath1ma
fath1ma

I only smell soap and fresh. Not so special for my taste maybe because I sniffed Fantasy first. I give it a try many times and finally I give up !
I was sure I smell it GOOD on my friend but I had found it never worked for my skin. So I offer it to a friend :D

Lushylori

VERY VERY FLORAL!!! I am actually Surprised not to see Lily Of the Valley or Gardenia in the notes.
This one would work best for Summer in small doses.

elenian

Update: Today at coffee time with friends someone asked: ''Hey, it smells like baby wipes''. Then he noticed that I smelled like baby wipes.And he asked me if this is a perfume... So embarased :(((

ekaterina II
ekaterina II

Actually it,s very far from the Bath Soap.Glow is a strong parfume with some chemical notes plus an enormous bouquet of flowers.I can`t understand it so far...maybe during the summer it`ll stay better

jelliebean
jelliebean

I used to like this alot when I was about 15 & I hadn't used it for ages so when I went shopping I saw it on sale & thought Id buy some but when I tried it again I hated it.
It's too strong & I can't really tell what it smells like it smells a little like chemicals

trice9081
trice9081

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE. IT IS SO SEXY AND FEMININE DEFINITELY ONE OF MY SIGNATURES SCENTS.

username101
username101

Not to proud to admit that there's a celebrity fragrance that I like, but this one is really good - very basic yet this is the kinda perfume I can go for when I don't know what to wear. Reminds me of something fresh out of the shower (maybe because of the design of the bottle, color of the juice and the advertisement?) I felt like it was well worth the money.

Pucca-Pucca
Pucca-Pucca

Just bought it today based on your reviews.
It is Refreshing, Clean, Pure, Soapy-like..
Just like most of the people are describing it here.
If you want to smell natural and fresh, it is a good choice. For me, personally, it can't be a signature scent, but I'm glad I bought it. It is nice to make some difference from your "common" perfumes and it is very good if you are running around all day, getting on the business trip etc.. you still feel that you are clean and refreshed.

reusch210
reusch210

I just absolutely love this. I have tried so many fragrances and my true test is when a perfume just meshes perfectly with me and who I am and makes me feel like me - like a good/ great feeling me. My husband has also complimented this one several times and asks what it is. I keep going back to it even after sampling all the others I can get my hands on.

sonorab
sonorab

My boyfriend says that when I wear this, I smell like Christmas. It's clean and sweet smelling.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

It's clean, powdery and sooooo soft. That's a problem for me....I like my perfumes to make a statement. I guess it's all right for every day use if you like this kind of scent.

TheAlyssaVega
TheAlyssaVega

I never met before so purest and tenderest fragrance. It sound so clean that there's no perfume around, there is Glow.
I really don't understand why people think it smells soap, cuz it's not for me. For me it's smells cold white flowers, fresh and sexy enough. It's perfect in summer sunny day. Besides it very persistent fragrance. One zilch and it stays with you for a all day long. Is not that a happiness.

ralucucky
ralucucky

It smells very clean, like fresh laundry. I don't find it unpleasant, quite the opposite. It's not a sexy scent, but it's something I can wear at the university or after gym, because it's a skin scent. It is soapy indeed and has a very good lasting power on my skin (6-7 hours).

ivanda
ivanda

Awful scent, reminds me of soap or laundry softener. Very unattractive perfume. So cold, so weird, so unwearable.

elena61
elena61

Since I like to try out different perfumes, not just the ones that I feel would be "mine" from the beginning, I bought it in body lotion. Nevertheless, I think it's the very first perfume I'm truly strugglying to use - every time I use it, I feel nauseaus and it even gives me a headache. I don't understand the lightness or freshness of this perfume, at least in the body cream I get a sharp soap smell and then alcohol. Maybe it's more about the mix with my skin chemistry but it is not very pleasant on me and I don't find it feminine at all. Somewhat baby-napkin-soapy-clinical smell.

Tory Olfac
Tory Olfac

The first time I ever smelled this perfume I followed my nose to the bottle because it is an EXACT copy of an old perfume that I can't for the life of me remember the name of from 15 years ago. I remember the bottle to this day but I can't seem to remember the name.

And for that reason, I love this perfume even though Jlo totally ripped this scent off of someone else.

It smells very fresh and citrus but not sharp. The musk and sandalwood take the edge off.
This is also a very easy scent to get along with, especially if you have difficult skin chemistry that does not mix well with oils.
I loved it on my skin. Maybe I'm just nostalgic.

MissButterfly
MissButterfly

I don't know why but when I smell this fragrance I think: "Lightness". I love it, it so gentle (a bit soapy). WHITE, LIGHT, SOFTNESS, DELICACY...It is very feminine.

nacha
nacha

Doodoowap, en España lo venden en ECI, además casualmente ahora está de promoción con el 40% de descuento, lo que si han retirado es la línea corporal. En perfumerias online también lo encuentras facilmente. Espero haberte ayudado. Soy fan, como tú, de este perfume. Saludos.

blfm94
blfm94

When I tested this, I thought it was beautiful! However now that I have it & wear it around all day, while pleasant enough, I find it very soap-y and talcum powdery. This is fine if you want to smell like a clean baby :) Without saying anything, I asked my husband what he thought & he said 'you smell like a baby-wipe!'
It's not terrible, but not really for me, either. I also find its staying-power is quite insipid & have to pump on a good 8 squirts or so, and that doesn't seem to last very long.

elenian

I just bought it today! Honestly guys, its not THE perfume, the one that costs many $$$ and people ask you about it...BUT it makes you feel like smiling and like running in the plain air, after having a gorgeous shower.It is really fresh and the price is excellent for what it gives you.
I'll buy it again.I recommend it for everyday use.

CK_Leo
CK_Leo

This perfume reminds me of the clean, fleshy and feminine scent of my skin after a shower, in a way it's very soapy and cliched, but it makes you feel like you're in luxurious clean sheets in a comfy bed. It is a fancy hotel escape in a bottle.

Lisette1019
Lisette1019

Upon smelling this perfume, I fell in love with it and immediately sprayed it on my wrist because I always wear a perfume for at least half an hour before purchasing. Unfortunately, it didn't work with my chemistry and for some reason it made me nauseous the more I smelled it on myself. I really wanted to like this but it's a no-go for me.

doodoowap
doodoowap

I love Glow. I've been using it since it was launched in Spain, but it has been hard to find it lately (probably commercial agreements between the brand and the main perfume stores in my country haven't been carried out successfully), so I'm looking for the perfect substitute for it.

The fragance is clean, soft and soapy, that's what I love in a perfume. People always ask me about what I'm wearing and I receive many compliments from men. The only bad this is that I feel a little ashamed when I confess I'm wearing a fragrance by JLo (I don't usually like fragrances with a celebrity behind them)

If I can't find it anymore in a perfume store I'll really miss it!

arubadream
arubadream

The story behind Glow.

A little girl was playing cooking, she puts her mother's talcum powder in to a bowl of hot water and springled some of her father's hair oil in it, then she stirred them well together.

I find glow to be too powdery and soapy. People say it smells fresh but for me, Glow is anything but fresh and clean, "out of the shower" scent???? oh no no no no no.

It smells like old fashion soap or some old fashion cologne, like shirt ironing spray,...very strong and headache inducing. I felt nauseating from the very first spray.

I don't get fruits in this at all, just powder, soap and more powder.

It's quite long lasting, although it's an eau de toilette. Sillage is great too.

I got a sample of this (7.5 ml.) and threw it away already

To say dislike may be too mild.

jch
jch

I love this! I bought it after being told it smelled like Chloe Innocence, which I used to adore. To me it just smells really clean - fresh, soapy, powdery. Definitly succeeds as a 'skin' scent. It's a great everyday fragrance, it lasts for ages and it's really affordable. Now a permanent addition to my wardrobe.

cottonpop
cottonpop

This is a very nice perfume, but not a very grown up one, but I like that it is fresh and yes, a bit soapy. Suitable for young women maybe in their early 20s :0)

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

Where to begin...in my opinion this is like really bad bathroom potpourri. It smells sweet, delicate and fresh at first. Then within minutes it turns sharp and cloying on me, like when a flower bouquet starts going bad. It doesn't help that from beginning to end I get a very sharp, medicinal hand sanitizer smell mixed in. Add Ivory soap shavings. To me it presents itself as common and cheap. I tried really hard to like this fragrance, despite that it is probably one of the most "common" fragrances out there, which is usually a turn off for me. Overall, this does not work with my chemistry, does not make me feel sexy, and perhaps because of its popularity in many "hoods", reminds me of late night street prostitutes and drunken college girls.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I was bought this as a Christmas present last year and I was expecting a really fresh fragrance but to me it was a hectic mess of flowers and soap. I found it very overpowering and unfortuately after washing my arms a few times it still lingered. The only good thing about this perfume is the bottle.

Seraphic
Seraphic

I remember using this when I was a teen and now every time I smell it makes me feel younger. It's a very clean soapy smell with a slight musky floral dry down but it's not noticeable for very long. I would only wear for places like rock climbing and working out or anywhere I want to just smell clean. Yes, it's not an amazing complex fragrance that would catch attention but it's what I like about it.

Simple and clean.

micristal
micristal

It's really soapy and fresh with a musky-jasmine dry down... This is perfect if your guy is the "non complicated" type, those who like you to smell nice and yummy, nothing too conceptual or overpowering.

Why am I saying this? I'm in a sort of musical theater company (a "murga", but that's a regional term and it's hard to explain what it is. Anyway, there's one pretty clear thing: it's men territory) ... there's 20 of us, and only 3 are girls. Whenever I arrive to the reharsals wearing this, almost all of my colleagues compliment me for the way I smell. And they are the kind of people who usually don't notice stuff us girls care about. I don't get this reaction with none of my other perfumes, some of them a lot more expensive and elaborated.

I think this is how a woman that's naturally seductive could smell, very sexy, but in a friendly casual way. :)

trollet
trollet

This one smells soooo clean and fresh. Perfect for hot summerdays after the shower. The freshness stays for a long time. And also for hospitalvisits, doctorappointments and other places where heavy perfume is to much. LOVE IT.

SheShe
SheShe

J. Lo is fertile in selling fragrances signed by her, I see ;)

I had a bottle of "Glow", it was a gift - I didn't like the scent. It's strong, heavy soapy (I even like clean and soapy fragrances but not this one), the soap is kind of cheap in my opinion - long lasting, tiring and monotonous. I had to get rid of the gift...

ggomgmuch
ggomgmuch

naa not my cup of tea, i bought this last year because everyone said it was good and smelt nice... no just no.. i couldn't even smell it, so disappointed waste of my money i was so sad, its just too light and wears off quickly

alassouli
alassouli

No offense to any one. This perfume smells gross. It is just a terrible soap you can spray all over your body. It smell like some old fashioned soap... almost like i donno its hard to explain. Some one once gave it to me as a gift and I ended up donating it to some place.

nikkic78
nikkic78

This was just so fresh, so clean. I felt sexy in the simplest way. I loved it and it was one of the three bottles of perfume I've ever finished. I would have gone back for a second bottle but it was extremely popular when I wore it (in the early 2000's)and I wanted something more "distinctive" I guess.

SS79
SS79

I have always loved this fragrance. Its soapy and powdery feel is just plain comforting. I had actually bought the 'dupe' for it recently, and to tell you the truth, its so identical you would never know the difference, I was shocked. But the dupe actually smells better in my opinion and lasts way longer.. I put it on at 12 noon yesturday and I can still smell it today.. very impressed! Im not one to buy impressions, but this one was a good one!! It pairs well with "Boudoir' by V.Westwood...

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A sunny smell ideal for holiday which lasts well...

0-2 minutes - Intense, sunny days

2-5 minutes- The penny drops, this is the same smell as Hawaiin Sun Tan Lotion...so my stubborn brain won't think anythig else

5 mins- 6 hours- Same smell as before, maybe ok when on beach holiday...Very good projection, especially as it is only EDT

6 - 8 hours - close to skin but still intense, gets a little bit spicier towards the end, but only a little bit

Lasts for days on clothes

Not for me due to scent but very affordable and very good projection

blueberry
blueberry

Soapy bore. True it's clean and soft, but there's nothing captivating or characteristic about it.
I'd rather buy a decent soap than waste my money on it.

desiliana
desiliana

I don't agree with those said it's like soapy smell.. For me it's sexy.. feminine.. also fresh..
Good lasting power.. About 4-5 hours
And i Prefer wear it at night

littlemax
littlemax

This fragrance is beautifully soft and feminine. I agree with most that the staying power isn't great. However, I love to wear it after a shower, especially when I towel off and change into a cozy soft sweater and lounge pants and I know I'm in for some snuggle time with my boyfriend. The scent is clean and gentle and not fruity. I find that as it dries down it stays true to how it smells when first spraying it ... it just gets more muted. It's definately not a fragrance to wear if you want to be noticed in a crowd somewhere but it's easy to be near someone wearing this scent.

varnyte
varnyte

I feel so feminine and so beautiful while wearing it. it's clean fresh and warm. I spray it especially after taking shower:)

Emma x

I can smell jasmine nerolie and sandalwood. Jloe likes to make snadlwood the main focos in a lot of her perfumes so this is no exception!
I like this perfume becuase its subtle and it can still turn heads without being too brash.

poem09
poem09

I liked it alot. I found it refreshing that a celebrity came up with a decent perfume. Only problem was that it didn't last very long.

Snow_Bunny10
Snow_Bunny10

I love this one, I usually only wear this fragrance for special occasions. I find it to be very classy and pretty which is how i feel when i wear it.

QUEENIE0001
QUEENIE0001

not my favorite JLO perfume..after all the reviews I saw it on sale and bought a bottle. I wear it once in awhile and it reminds me of lilly of the valleys big time. I find it very strong and if you put too much on overpowering... I like Deseo much better..

pickledjo
pickledjo

I agree with miss-baksel.

It's a very soapy clan scent. Powdery and floral. But I find the staying extremely long lasting and powerful.
I don't get the fruits at all, and they were the reason I bought it.
I'm not a fan of this scent at all. I like sweet scents and this is just floral, talcy, clean smell.

miss-baksel1988
miss-baksel1988

I really like Glow. It's very soft, very soapy. Gives you the feeling of fresh laundry, or a shower. The only problem is that it has absolutely no staying power.

Jinha Yoo
Jinha Yoo

I don't hate this perfume but I don't like that much either. At first I feel this is the one I dreamed of but as time goes by, all the magic vanished and felt betrayed. It smells so cheap soap that I can't wear this aside from when sleeping. but I don't mean this perfume is made without carefulness. it's just not mathced with my preference. I'm a big fan of Flower by Kenzo. Do not need to follow other taste. Listen to you sound of your body.

rene2201
rene2201

I usually stay clear of celebrity scents. As I find them very sweet and coy. Glow is something that seems to agree with my own body chemistry. The only problem I have is that the scent doesn't last long on me.

mlle<3delicieux
mlle<3delicieux

Would describe Glow as sweet and feminine - a fresh clean scent. Perfect for everyday use at work as not overtly sensual nor overpowering yet still bright and attractive. Lovely shaped bottle and the diamante JLo 'necklace' is a nice detail although I feel the design could be less tacky by using a different font or icon and hanging it from the bottle like a charm.

Anaa
Anaa

I agree with people when they say that it smells like a big bouquet of flowers and it's very fresh.Even if it's not a nasty smell it's not something that I would like to smell like,it's something that my w.c. deo would like to smell like.

myskiesareblue
myskiesareblue

a very causal sent. i have warn this at work and its not stuffy. its soapy, musky, white florals, and i believe it would wear well on almost any one and has incredible staying power unlike many other celeb fragrances.

nicki317
nicki317

I don't like Glow. Something in it actually gives me a sore throat. Perfume isn't supposed to hurt! I had a bottle in a set and forgot why I never wear it, so I tried it again last night and I actually disliked it more than I remember. Maybe I like my perfumes sweeter? I don't know. I like the bottle but this fragrance is not for me.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Rose, grapefruit, neroli, very soapy and crisp smell with amazing longevity. Nice contrast to deadly summer heat (that I hate), the crisp is so sharp tho, that it can be choky for somebody as well.
Nice sanded glass bottle, comforting color. But you have to be E.T. to use your index finger to spray it and the "silver" trash hanging on the bottle degrades the nice simple shape and surface. Well, it`s removable.

joduncan74
joduncan74

Do not know what it is but everywhere I go when I am wearing this, men stop and tell me I smell great!!! I always feel fresh and clean when I wear this...so I love it and always have some...I also sleep in it and spray it on my husbands ties when he goes out of town.

bbdgirl
bbdgirl

All I can say is this smells like musk oil China rain. This is so strong on me, cloying and annoying. I guess to each his own but this is definitely something a teen/ early 20s woman would enjoy. I think we all wore this scent at one time in our youth. After reading through the reviews I am really disappointed because I thought this was going to be something original when it turns out this is one of the most common scents around. I like Ms Lopez and I am glad that the subsequent perfumes that she has put her name on don't all play it safe and some are original, glamourous and refreshing. Sadly this isnt one of them.

michelle21689
michelle21689

I hated this perfume. I don't know why but there is something about it that just gives me a headache =. I wore it for my boyfriend because he loves it but it just gave me a headache and felt sick so I stopped wearing it. I did love Jennifer Lopez "Still" perfume and so did he.

hermeline
hermeline

IMO this one is very very (!) similar to Chloe Chloe for women (EdP, the pink bottle) - very strong and sharp (and quite artificial) rose smell, which doesn´t really develope on the skin, with strong sillage. Seems to have some clinical cleanness to me, I think this could be used as a room spray (actually it reminds me of the smell of some English-style perfumed drawer paper).

skki
skki

I've gotta agree that this perfume is very soapy, but magic happens when I wear this , I think is my body chemistry , I wouldn't buy it without testing on my skin . I loveee the "just got out of the shower" sensation, makes me feel clean =)

melbritt24

Lol @ odango! I wore this a LOT when I was in my early 20's. I tried again a couple weeks ago and my bf came home, hugged me, and asked if it was wearing bug repellent!

odango
odango

I used to wear this when I was younger and loved it, but just a couple of days ago I tried it since my older sister still uses it (and smells great on her) and it smells like floral insecticide on me, yikes.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

I bought this once on sale and used it all. Had forgotten about it until today. Going to buy some more.

Hollyberri
Hollyberri

Sprayed this on my hand while shopping at the mall and forgot about it. Later I kept noticing the scent, it seemed familiar but I couldn't place it, then it dawned on me, it reminded me of laundry soap. Can't say I found it unpleasant, just not sure if I would want to wear it.

vinisantosrs
vinisantosrs

Fresh, clean and sexy, like JLo says, it's an after-shower feeling fragrance. Jasmine, neroli, rose, musk and sandalwood are the most noticeable notes on this fragrance. I think it's good for gifts, because it's kind of a neutral fragrance. Good staying power.

Parfumanka
Parfumanka

I've just finished my bottle of it. Well, quite nice clean fragrance, very good for summer, but when I bought it I liked it much more than now :) May be I'm a bit tired of it. So, will not buy it again in the nearest future.

SexySpice
SexySpice

When I first sprayed this on, it metaphorically feels like I'm slipping on a silk sheer beige knee-length dress, and I'm about to go out, in just that, into a field full of fireflies, and perhaps afterwards just sit by a fire surrounded by my three cats...

Now it smells like sunscreen. Ha.

melbritt24

I use to wear this scent...it was a gift years ago from an aunt and she gave me a second bottle the following year as a holiday gift. I loved it then but got tired of it after several years. I have since explored more interesting fragrances and didn't think I would ever wear this one again. But, yesterday I found the old bottle while cleaning that has a bit of juice left in it. I'm gonna give it second chance today! :)

To me it smells like you just stepped out of the shower and during your shower you used a citrus-y shampoo and a musk-y soap. It also reminds me of zote laundry soap -- not that it is a bad thing if you are going for a linear soapy scent with a touch of soft white floral smothered by the soap.

Again...I will let you all know how it develops today!

dinaia
dinaia

I bought a sample based on the reviews stating clean soapy smell. It does smell clean, but incredibly strong and laundry-like, I had to wait 10 hours for it to die down a bit and get something more on the pleasant side. Unfortunately not for me.

Edit: tried it again a few weeks after and this time I got a very flowery clean smell, not that strong and quite pleasant. I think I might use up my sample. Go figure.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

I wore this perfume all through my teen years, smells very nostalgic. Came across a half empty bottle the other day and decided to wear it just for fun and I fell in love all over again. Light, clean, sexy, and lasts all day. Makes me feel soft and pretty.

Just a question, though: Do you think a lot of people still wear this scent? I feel like it may have "Light Blue" syndrome, where it's been worn to death and imitated everywhere so it's lost it's specialness. Thoughts?

ticalica

After wearing it for a few days, i am very impressed with its sillage and lasting power given that it's an Eau de Toilete (EDT)

Smells of flowery soaps and somewhat powdery talcs and lotions

One of the cleanest scents around

God job J.Lo

wind83
wind83

i wear it today. i've got a sample..
It reminds me when i was a baby... i agree its like a jonshon baby cologne or something.

very clean.. not really like it. I prefer Still JLO.
thats a better one.

mystica
mystica

This review is for the original (unaltered pre-2008) version:

Glow by JLo is quite clean, soft, refreshing and sexy, and not in a citrusy way (thank God) but in a powdery-like feminine way. You could wear this everyday, it's good for both summer and winter. Longevity and sillage is good.

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

I love this. I love smelling myself when I wear it. This is one of my favorites. I wear it often. My husband, who hardly ever comments on my perfume choices, said I smelled good. From him, that's high praise indeed. :) I have never finished a bottle of perfume before but I'm almost out of this. I will definitely be buying another one.

Jellybean
Jellybean

I notice I like to wear this one quite a bit. I find it smells clean, fresh, soft like a baby powder. This definitely my favorite celebrity fragrance. Long lasting too 8+ hours:)

elenian

well i like it...To me it's definately step out of the shower..and i wear it even in summer nights! I find it a bit expensive though..I'll buy it at the airport :)

bubbles
bubbles

I actually kind of liked it when it first came out! It kind of morphed into toilet spray!I dont think the celebrities would ever wear any of there own scents!Most of them are putred!Please save us all & just stick to singing,acting or designing!Whatever you do besides trying to make perfume! And leave the perfume making to the Pros!

ticalica

A very good example of wanting to smell clean in an impeccable way. Great for everyday use and its laundry quality is not bothersome because it has enough sweetness to keep it from being industrial.

Dash
Dash

No way! Too soapy and cheap smelling. Zero lasting power. I blame Glow for ruining all J-Lo scents for me. I first smelled this in High School, and til this day, wen I see any J-Lo perfume in a shop, I just think 'ugh!'

Roma27
Roma27

Sorry folks, I know many like this frag but I'm not one of those fortunate people.The first time I tested this my nose gave me positive feedback, soft & subtle nothing to overwhelming, no specific notes detected, so I thought why not try it again. It was such an unpleasant second time around for me. All I picked up was a strong chemical & artificial smell similiar to cheap salon hairspray.
I'm dissapointed that this did not agree with my skin chemistry as I'm rather fond of other JLos fumes : ( perhaps third time lucky or as some might advise why force the issue & just accept defeat.

almondcookie
almondcookie

I first tried glo in 2003,I was only 17 then and it stunk. I recall telling to shop assistance that I bet Jlo herself would not wear this one.As this was my first celebrity perfume, i chose not to try anymore, not even fantasy.
It wasn't until 2008 that i had the bravery to try another celebrity fragrance, and that was BS FANTASY. Oh dear, what a lovely perfume.
Sadly, I haven't tried any of jlo's perfumes since she lunched glo. I do not know if i will ever overcome that smell.

Louw
Louw

This is one of the fragrances that almost proves my prejudice against 'celebrity' perfumes wrong. Almost, but not totally! I have to admit I find it quite pleasant really - light and fresh, with a touch of citrus over subtle florals and a hint of sweet vanilla in the base. Nothing special about it but not bad at all. Would I buy it? Probably not, but if someone bought it for me I would certainly wear it.

alfonsine
alfonsine

Glow..Hands down one of the BEST celebrity perfumes out there! (p.s. Im not really a big fan of celebrity perfumes since a lot of them are generic and merely cheaper knockoffs of designer perfumes). BUT If I have to smell this blindfolded (not knowing that its JLo's) I would swear that it is produced by a niche perfumery. Its very unique and I agree with a fellow fragrantica reviewer that there was nothing quite like it when it first came out. I'm a sucker for soapy, powdery, airy fragrance...but Glow is not just another soapy fragrance..I find it to be very distinct! Like many reviewers say, its great for everyday wear (affordable price is a plus), great sillage (eventhough its soft), and great for hot/humid weather! e.g. tropical countries. Weird thing is that at first I wasnt keen on this perfume ( first time I smelled it I was around 15/16 years old and at that time, I was into sweet gourmand perfumes (e.g. princess vera wang)--which now dominates the market--- NOW after more experience of smelling various perfumes, I realize how great this Jlo perfume is...well made and quite unique)

New@thisperfumething
New@thisperfumething

My initial opinion of this scent was that it smelled like the average bathroom soap. I hated it! Fast forward into the warmer months of the year and now my opinion of this is a complete 180. I love it!! I live in an area where it is always humid and swampy in wamer months. Heavy scents will literally smother you and those around you. Glow smells really clean and light like you just stepped out of the shower. Most people will not mind this fragrance in warm weather. I want a big bottle of this. It works for me.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

Well I have this, and at the time I bought it was going through a phase of looking for that "clean" smelling perfume. This definatley has that scent. I had this a few years now, and bottle almost gone. I would say it's not bad, but I'm sure there are better ones out there now to choose from. I'll probably throw away the 1/4 left in bottle, because I used the other day (just trying to use it up to make way for some new stuff), and just didn't care for the scent anymore. Maybe just bored with it? I have moved on to different scents like Fancy and Fancy Love by Jessica Simpson, and Glow is nothing in comparison to those! I would not mind trying out some of JLO's other's though.

i still love love love it! i wear it a lot and would definitley buy it again. its soft and feminine. thumbs up!

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Glow smells generic, synthetic and VERY cheap. Yuck. Also, the bottle looks incredibly tacky! I can't understand why so many people seem to like it - there are so many better (and better quality) perfumes in a similar price range out there!

In my opinion, Glow is a very overrated, overpriced perfume. To me it smells akin to the cheapo perfumes you'd find in a pound / dollar store (depending on which country you're in, of course!). I wouldn't even pay a penny for this rubbish!!

0 out of 5 for this one!!

Someone gave this to me, because she didn't want it anymore. I passed it on too. It's a fresh-powdery scent and reminds me of Tova's Signature. But I do not like to smell like soap, so I passed it on.

twillocks
twillocks

Some of the reviews are really bad. I thought it smelled nice. It is all in what you like and dislike and how it reacts to your chemistry.

mdnightxrose
mdnightxrose

I've had this perfume for years and I've never liked it. It is a very light scent, not very sweet or memorable. It smells like soap on me, and I really only keep it because I adore the bottle.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

Straight up rose bush, smells rosey, soapy and too powdery. I hate it... but I'm sure it smells good on somebody else. I'm not a big fan of jlos pefumes tho.

Ecmaddox
Ecmaddox

I used to share a 3.4 oz bottle with my mom.. One day I was shopping at kohl's andbi found a gift set 60% off with a shower gel lotion and 1.7oz bottle!! So i was like oh yeah! This smells really unique to me. Powdery, warm yet light, fresh.. It's more for fall to me than summer and definitely a daytime scent. It might not be for everyone though as evidenced by some of the very bad reviews but it is definitely worth a try.

Rose_Noire
Rose_Noire

I don't understand all the hate for Glow. First of all, there's nothing like it. When it came out, perfume world was all about Armani Mania or Pleasures or Gucci Rush or Hypnotic Poison. Glow set the bar high for alternative scents, the entire industry followed and now we have tons of scents that don't smell generic and cloying. I would even call it 'revolutionary'.

Glow is very fresh, soapy, powdery and comforting. I used it every day for an entire school year and it was the only scent I could tolerate early in the morning. It lingers all day without bothering you, it's feminine and it's very versatile. Love it!

lizzie81
lizzie81

I love this perfume, to me it is just like stepping out of the shower. Very fresh and clean and soapy, its non perfume smelling perfume, i love it. I wear it all year round, staying power is excellent. This is the only perfume i can wear when I'm sick or when i have bad hay fever!! :0) I have had this for years and it's one of the few perfumes that i repurchase.

I've ran out again oh no! should I re-purchase is the ultimate question (seeing as how I have enough other bottles of perfume to sink a ship!) Or wait till the new eau de Glow offering (hopefully) comes out in my country hmmm...

Siv55
Siv55

This was supposed to smell "fresh,sexy,clean, like you've just stepped out of the shower".
I would advise doing just that. Just have a shower. You will smell better without this abrasive concoction.

caliking
caliking

SMELLS LIKE BABY POWDER MIXED WITH REALLY EXPENSIVE SOAP
NICE REAL NICE :)

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

terribly synthetic and cheap.
a dollar store version of dryer sheets.
maybe this impresses an 18 year old...but not a refined nose
is it just me?
i put this on without telling anyone what it was...
i kid you not---the first time i was ever how bad my perfume smelled
shame on you j lo
: (

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I adore Glow! I get such a blast of rose from it from the onset. It conjurs up memories of Rosemilk lotion my mom wore :) It then quickly turns "soapy" on my skin...almost to the point that I smell like fabric softener, but that too me is a good thing. I like to wear this in the summer to feel fresh and clean. If you like this, may I also suggest Demeter's Laundromat fragrance, and Philosophy's Pure Grace. They are both divine, clean and floral's that have that same "just showered" scent to them.

VANE_KSK
VANE_KSK

Fue el 1er perfume de J.Lo que compre y no me arrepiento. Tuve 3 botellas de este perfume y lo seguiria comprando. Es dulce en su punto justo. Dura un monton. perfume ideal de adolescente.

i finally received my full bottle of glow. this is one of my favorite perfumes. its just so comforting. lightly soapy, flowery, a hint of citrus. then just a dry, powdery floral to finish. every time i move i can just smell the lovliness of this wafting around me. it lasts about 2 hrs on me, and then i get to spray a little again. this perfume gives me such good vibes.

rye
rye

I think the love/hate relationship of this one depends on whether your skin chemistry gets along with grapefruit accord. It can smell just like fresh grapefruit or it can turn rancid.

For me it plays nice in this frag and is sharp, clean, fresh with the light pink rose wafting in and out and later the musk slides by and adds to the drydown. The musk is not too sweet nor is it 'dirty'. This doesn't have overpowering silage which, at my age, I cannot carry off anymore. It does, however, linger close to the skin for hours.

Try before you buy if you like sharp acidic notes along with your musk. I love the review right below by the way - perfect description!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Pretty, sparkling citrus on opening with some gently sweet, waxy neroli blossoms.

Rose and orris bring this to a heavenly soft powder heart which is warmed with a kiss of jasmine.

A classic warm vanilla-musk-amber base with a wood note to smooth it out.

Fresh, subtle, feminine. I really like it, especially with that little soft citrus glow.

breeze&somnolence
breeze&somnolence

This one's a very unique fragrance. Nothing like I've smelt before. It's soft, fresh, clean with a hint of flowery sweetness. Really long lasting too. Definitely a comforting scent. Draws a lot of compliments, and it's perfect for teenagers as well those in their 30's or 40's. one of all time favs. Love you, J.lo.

susieqrj
susieqrj

This is a big YUK to me. Smells really bad. Unless, of couse, if you love hairspray, bitter smells or chemical smells.
I even thought that I was being a bad person saying that it smells bad, so I bought one small (30ml - just because it was cheap at the drugstore) and sprayed a little on my hand. Oh gosh.... it really smells bad. Everytime I sniff it, it makes me think of chemicals, synthetic bad stuff.... I really dislike it...

To me, the only J.Lo perfume that is nice is Still.

flowermom
flowermom

my hubby bought this for me about 9 years ago & i loved it! it was very unique when it came out, as it had a "shower" smell quality, alot of more famous perfumes releashed around that time where floral based, anyhoo, i loved the distinct smell its what got me more into "clean" smells, but it is a strong fragrance, i never re-purchased once the bottle was empty & i wouldnt buy it again as its too strong for me now, but its a real shame if its been "re-formulated", perfumes never smell better when they have been "re-formulated"

Contessa01
Contessa01

Has this been reformulated?! I bought this a while back and did not like it. Most notably it lasted literally only 5 mins on my skin and then nothing! But my friend was wearing this lovely perfume last week and I asked her what it was - she said Glow. I sprayed it on myself and it lasted for ages this time. Smells even better too. I got a bottle today and I am really enjoying it!

Aureliev
Aureliev

Un parfum étonnant. Très savonneux, effet propre. Il me rappelle mon gel douche cadum hydratant. Je l'aime beaucoup beaucoup. Il laisse un vrai sillage. Il est singulier. Wouahhhhhhh!!!!!

Vamy69
Vamy69

Clean, soapy and fresh! This has rapidly become one of my most favorite perfumes ever. I really did not like this all that much when I first got it and rarely wore it. After is sat in my perfume cabinet for a year I rediscovered it and now for some reason have become totally OBSESSED with it. I just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perfume_junkie
perfume_junkie

This one smells EXACTLY like a window cleansing spray they used at my work place...thanks God that JLO came out with much better frags after this dissaster...

Teya
Teya

i like this perfume but in my opinion it smells a little too strong. i wore it to school once and my teacher could smell it all the way across the other side of the room. she said she liked the way that it smells. she also mention that it had some ingredient in it that her ex-friends used to cover up the smell of marijuana.

beenabela26
beenabela26

Can't wait for this to come in the mail, it's a very fresh scent. It's one of those "mmm ahhhh" smells (very clean) and it takes me back to my memories living in New York. To me this scent screams New York! But maybe it's just me, I really like this one.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

I love this fragrance. I smelled this years ago on a paper strip when it first came out but didn't like it. But a couple weeks ago I decided to try to spray it on myself. Wow! What a difference body chemistry makes. :)
The first inital spray is a bit sharp, but 2 minutes later the fresh, clean scent comes out. JLO said it's supposed to have that fresh-out-of-the-shower scent and this is definitely it. When I wear this, I don't feel like I'm wearing perfume. I just smell good. :D
I can definitely see myself wearing it during the summertime or for work. It's light, clean, and non-offensive. Plus it's long lasting which is a plus. Great perfume!

K3ll3Y
K3ll3Y

Does anyone think the formula changed? It used to be really pretty once it dried down. It's almost like the musk has changed to a sharper, white kind. I find it rather bitter and hairspray like. I have had several bottles but the last 2 were this way. My sister has one of the original bottles (when it smelled better) and it is a different color too - richer peachy pink.

Why do they have to change the formulas?

guest_seridemidee
guest_seridemidee

This Perfume does not appeal to me at all, I don't I find this fague little scent to be rather cheap smelling and distasteful

Surreal
Surreal

I orderd Miami Glow online because you cant find it anywhere anymore and was so disapointed when I got this one instead of Miami. Untill I sprayed it on and WOW. When it first came out a few years ago I hated Glow but now im so happy that I got this. Its mature and yes soapy but in a clean way and I do find it sexy for some weird reason. Like you just took a steaming hot bath or something. Plus amaaaazing lasting power.

I like this one a lot and I am impressed with its complexity. I would say that the notes mentioned above are spot-on. I sniffed my arm every 10 minutes for two hours and enjoyed experiencing this fragrance as it developed.

At first spritz, it smells lovely, like citrus fruits and neroli.

The middle notes come through quickly as the citrus evaporates. It's a lovely jasmine-type sunny floral.

Suddenly the musk jumps in with the floral notes. With time the florals slowly fade, leaving the musk all alone.

At last, the amber and vanilla come in and mingle with the musk.

This thing changes like an Everlasting Gobstopper! Overall, this fragrance does remind me of soap, like maybe a bar of Ivory. It's clean, but the musk and vanilla add a little something feminine to a plain old bar of soap.

xanman
xanman

Not crazy about this one at all. At least not on me. The scent just never developed,stayed the same from start to finish. Reminds me of the original Dove beauty bar soap.Very rosy,very flat and borng with no sillage on me whatsoever Definately not an offensive smell,just o.k. I am very suprised this receives so many compliments from others. Would love to smell it on a person whose chemistry worked with this so I could change my opinion.Thanks

stacyrenee
stacyrenee

Musky, soapy, and I have never had a worse allergic reaction to a perfume in all my life; itchy wrist, itchy eyes, nose and throat, terrible headache. The fragrance is pleasant and clean, but not really that impressive. I gave it to a friend on the condition that she would never, ever wear it around me!

jasmine51
jasmine51

This is a clean and soapy floral all the way. I think Glow is one of those fragrances that people either love or hate. I happen to love it. I find my 4 year old to be the most honest when it comes to critiquing scents, She will not hold back if she doesn't like something, and she approves of GLow! ;) No matter what anyone says about this scent, it never fails to bring me compliments.

Diana Cucu
Diana Cucu

Impressed with the lasting power but not with the smell; For about four hours after the spray it stayed the same; started soapy, continued soapy and ended soapy. I don't know how else to describe it, just...soap. After four hours a lovely musk developed next to the soap smell, the soapyness mixed really well with the musk to create a really fresh and clean musky smell. I liked this part and I really like that I sprayed it last night, slept through the night and after 15 plus hours it is STILL there, smelling lovely on my wrist. But I just don't know if it's worth waiting four hours to get to this lovely part.

guest_anj
guest_anj

I got this scent last year as a gift from my cousin.. at first i didn't like it because i like sweet-smelling and light perfumes.. when i ran out of my usual perfume early this year, i took it from my dresser and gave it another try.. to my surprise it wasn't bad at all.

upon spraying it the citrusy scent dominates but when it dries down, it turns into light powdery-soapy scent but not very overpowering.. i really love the smell, very fresh and clean, and sexy of course. i use it usually during cold nights..

guest_camilla
guest_camilla

It's so weird how perfumes work differently for everyone, because for me this was a birthday gift, and i'm not at all impressed with this fragrance,It literally smells like bathroom air freshener, and whenever i wear this people hate it and i get asked what's that strong soapy bathroom smell, how embarassing! I did like this for a summer scent on a hot day! but other that that it's too strong and cheap smelling,Yucky overall, I lOVE Jlo to death, but her perfumes suck!

naheed
naheed

It's an elegant floral by Jlo.

I thank system_d for the sample of Glow.

It starts off with fresh citrus surrounded with the hint of sweetness which I like it. I also applied some on my 17 year old sister's wrist and she too loved it at first sniff. As soon as the heart settles my sister instantly said that it smells like plumaria flower. Over here the most common variety is the one with whitish flowers with yellow in the center. What I get when the heart settles? Well, I can still smell a slight tanginess of a freshly cut grapefruit. Rose seems to be layering the other floral notes with its subtle hug. I don't detect any floral note separately but it's rather like an accord with rose being on top and a bit soapy. Just like my sister, it too smells to me like plumaria flower which I mentioned above.

Speaking of the dry down, this is where the heart notes meet the base notes, it smells like a beauty soap which has just been taken out from the packing and I like to smell a freshly unpacked/unused soap. To me the presence of sandal and musk breathe life in the heart notes as they emerge as a new blend. I don’t detect vanilla very much here maybe it’s been added with light hand. The base has settled down but I can still get the echo of tanginess and I like it.

On the whole, it’s a very good floral with elegance, not unique but compliment catcher for sure. This is my first experience with Jlo line and it’s been good so would like to try more from this line.

lladyrain
lladyrain

It smells nice in the bottle, a light breezy musk smell.

However, on my skin, it turned sharply sour and intensely unpleasant!

Hated it so much that I had to wash it off!

Strangely, the lingering scent on my skin was nice - back to the light soapy musk again. If it was the soapy musk scent throughout, I would consider buying this. Unfortunately this does not work with my body chemistry.

Annica
Annica

Glow is one of the perfumes I like least in my collection, but on the other hand, it is the perfume that has given me the most compliments. I have been told that I smell very fresh and good when I wear it. Sure, it gives a feeling of just coming out of the shower, but it leaves no lasting impression. A bit boring.

Dian Dananjaya
Dian Dananjaya

nice perfume..
powdery sweet, soft flowery..
like bouquet store..
hmmm,
but its too old for ages 13-18th years old like me..
hehe
perfect for up 20th years old...

Woodelf
Woodelf

I was very skeptical of this fragrance because of its celebrity name, but I am pleasantly surprised. On first spray, Glow smells like a lily-of-the-valley accord. It's light and fragrant and dries down to a clean smell, slightly soapy and a bit like talcum powder without losing its floral notes. Sillage is mild and it doesn't last all day on me, so I think of this as a summer fragrance. Good value.

timi
timi

This is a classic case of "Don't judge a book by its cover."

I was given this as a gift, and I was surprised how much I liked it! I'm not really a fan of the celebrity perfume bandwagon but for some reason, Glow just smells really good on me. It smells like a light fruity floral with a dab of baby powder.

guest_Catherine in Tulsa
guest_Catherine in Tulsa

I really love this scent. When I wear it, it's not like "I HAVE ON PERFUME" - it's like "I SMELL GOOD". I get compliments from strangers on it. It's very feminine without being girly or old lady. I would say it is in line with JL's persona - beautiful and soft but not wimpy.
And I love that it's so cheap I can keep a bottle at work.

Scent-a-holic
Scent-a-holic

This is one of my top favs of all time. There is a reason why this made such a huge impact in the perfume world when it was first released. It blends well with my body chemistry. But I can see how this could be a love/hate fragrance. I love musky and soapy perfumes and this is the ultimate for that. To me it's shower fresh but not trying too hard if that makes sense. But I know there are alot of fumes out there that don't suit me at all, yet I read rave reviews all the time. Glow is simply a matter of preference and body chemistry I suppose. But I LOVE IT!!!

adele l
adele l

This one was ubiquitous not very long ago- very strong but always pleasant and clean. I still have a little bottle i use on occasion- synthetic of course but perfect for when you're sweaty and have no time to shower (sorry!).

Beena
Beena

I like this perfume...although it is too strong for me. I like the way I feel when I am wearing it...clean, fresh but in a very special way, it is fresh floral, I´d connect it with words sexy, attractive. btw very nice bottle! and when I tried Narciso Rodriguez - Essence I find it a little bit similar, maybe it´s rose and iris in both of them, BUT actually I prefer NR to J.Lopez because it´s much softer.

guest_LL
guest_LL

Definately my favourite of all Jlo's fragrances. Fresh clean and sexy, and always the one I go back to.

DarkMindLightHeart
DarkMindLightHeart

What can I say, this to me smells like dusty guest bathroom soap. It's not unpleasant at all, it's just too soapy for my taste.

Repogirl

I have purchased literally hundreds of perfumes and yet still...I always come back to this one. I receive constant compliments on this perfume, more so than any other I have worn. The lotion even smells fantastic. If I could buy shampoo in this scent, I would. I have tried to find a new scent I love as much but it just hasn't happened.

penny-lane
penny-lane

I had this perfume a few years ago and it was the first 'celebrity perfume' I bought.
It is pleasant and no matter how much you spray it on, it remains nice and clean. That feeling of fresh-out-of-shower is probably the best thing about this scent.

guest_babygirl2010
guest_babygirl2010

This Perfume is really fresh not a fav of mine at all but it is nice for summer weather when it's really humid this fragrance does smell fresh out the shower scent ,, i have to be in the mood for it to wear this one honestly!!

overall 3/5

sharyssa

I got to review this again! I am wearing this and the lotion today and it smells so good! It has good staying power and keeps me smelling fresh all day.It does smell like fresh out the shower perfect for heated conditions.Just perfect!

jonr951
jonr951

She has a new Glow called "LA GLOW" coming out soon. It's on the Fragrance Foundation website if anyone is interested in seeing the bottle! I can't get enough of her Glows! Love u JLO! : )

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I remember smelling glow on a co-worker and not liking it, she must've sprayed too much. I got my hands on a bottle today and I'm really happy I did. I feel so clean and fresh and feminine. This is one of the few scents that I can actually smell while I'm wearing it. People ask me what I'm wearing because it smells so good. It smells like roses with a clean scent to it. It's a simple fragrance for those days that you want to smell good yet not like you are wearing perfume. It's a gem, a must try! I keep reaching for this perfume when I want to have that showered clean feeling. It has an amazing staying power but don't over spray two sprays maximum or it will be overpowering! I will definitely buy another bottle when I finish this one!

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

This one was my summer and vacation scent in 2006. Don't know why I didn't buy it again when I had finished the bottle.

To me it's the best celeb fragrance ever, it gives a clean out of the shower sensation, refreshing clean but in a sweet way. The orange, orange blossom and grapefruit remind a little bit of the classic clean edp but are accompanied by iris and rose, adding a subtle powdery finish. Musk and amber reveal warm skin from the hot shower but don't overwhelme.

It's a nice one for all year round, except the hottest days in summer. But beware, it's a strong one, a little goes a long way, I smelled other ladies that seamed to bath in it, unfortunately the overdose didn't smell clean but rather "stinky", I guess it's the amber and musk. But in small doses: very very lovely.

dfwag2011
dfwag2011

Of course it's not "perfume-y"; it is MEANT to smell simple and fresh. Soap and the freshness from a shower just won't last all day, that's why Glow is there!

danimcneil
danimcneil

I had forgotten how much I loved this one! I sprayed it on today on this very hot summer day, and it just lifted me up! This smells of floral soaps to me, at least thats how I remember it. Now when I spray it on, I can smelle the floral/rose soap along with the vanilla and citrus notes. Truly beatiful. I see Glow as more of a t-shirt and jeans scent, but of course we all wear what we want when we want! Much love!

tekila2525
tekila2525

there is something really boring about this..is a nice summer fragance nothing special that would make me think to buy it again...u use it and you fell it the first hours after that it remains a strange smell of fruit on me..good but not unique

Luciel
Luciel

I can smell the top notes and jasmine, but yes, the most of it is soap and I like that, because sometimes I just want something simple. This is fresh, clean and very long lasting scent (for edt!) and i hope they never discontinue it, because it's my all time favourite.

Lexxii
Lexxii

This is my least favorite of the Glows. It doesn't smell horrible- it's just soapy. To me you'd be better off just buying soap. Cheaper, and the same effect.

swenada
swenada

This is probably the most complimented fragrance I have worn before becoming a fragrance addict. I purchased this back in 2003 and I have a couple drops still left in the bottle, I have not used it in years..I guess I gave it a break when it started running low.

I have mixed feelings about replacing this with a new one. I would LOVE to buy a new bottle of this BUT if you check out my 'to try' list you'll see it's large and growing soooooo.... I think I will venture into trying a new item in my collection category of "florals" fragrances.

If you have never tried this one...I urge you to do so.

Jayhotaru
Jayhotaru

Utterly addicting! I wore this for the first time in Las Vegas, it was perfect for wearing a lacy blouse under a clear night sky and millions of blinking lights.

The scent is very baby powdery in the bottle and that kept me from wearing it despite owning this for a long time. On my skin it really comes alive, still powdery but now fresh, clean, alive and full of humidity. Like a white cotton robe after a shower and a dusting of powdered iris and rose.

This lasts and lasts and a little goes a long way for me. Probably not a scent for everyone, and I'm always a little judgmental of celeb perfumes but to me this is gold. I think I might even wear too much of it at times. I'd like nothing more than to wash all my laundry in this scent.

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

This is YUMMY!! The rose is not cloying, and the fragrance has a musky skin smell, but fairy skin. I wish I had gotten a bigger bottle.

guest_fragranceaddict52
guest_fragranceaddict52

I loved this scent from the first time I smelled it. This is the first perfume I ever bought and don't regret buying it. It's a sweet, fresh, sensual scent. Yes, it smells very clean and "soapy." Although this scent is meant to smell 'innocent,' I still found it pretty sexy. It's unique and original in my opinion, intended for when a woman wants to smell like a purer, fresher, sexier version of herself.

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

I didn't think that what I was smelling was "soapy" until I read what other reviewers were saying and then I could see what they meant about the soap smell. But what I smells is peppery citrus notes which were supposed to evaporate quickly but I still smell traces of neroli believe it or not. I actually don't dislike it, but don't like it enough to put it with the rest of my "likes."

Stephanie-Rae
Stephanie-Rae

I had really high expectations when I received this perfume as a gift. It definitely is not for me. Upon first smell I had a hard time smelling anything... I spritzed it on and all I could smell is soap. I tried my best to like it, but I get get past the top notes to really enjoy the bases.

sweet_amour
sweet_amour

Fresh, sexy, clean are the perfect three words to sum up the fragrance of Jennifer Lopez's "Glow" perfume.

The scent starts with an initial burst of pure, citrussy freshness, flows into a gentle, powdery clean accord and finishes with warm and sensually musky undertones. Glow combines cool, pure and fresh with warm, sensual and natural, creating a fragrance that is similar to that of a woman after stepping out of a long hot shower. The smell of soap and shampoo lingering on hair and skin, the warm flowing water, the humid musky air, the steamy glass and windows, the clean, soft smell of fresh white towels...Jlo has captured the essence of all these things and bottled them to make that shower fresh feeling possible in just one spray.

Glow is the perfect fragrance to wear both before, during and after exercise as it remains clean from top notes to bottom and does not become sweet, sour or cloying in any way or after any amount of time. I wear this fragrance for fitness and yoga class and feel it is absolutely perfect for that :) I love it very much {3

Soph007
Soph007

This was one of my first celebrity scents I ever bought and after 3 bottles it does not disappoint! This smell is very fresh, kind of like you stepped out the shower. I normally do like to spray this on after a shower and in the morning I still smell really fresh and clean. That's how I'd describe this perfume, fresh and clean.

sasadeen
sasadeen

I love Glow, it smells so good on my skin. Clean, Fresh, Polite, Innocent and Beautiful.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Ultimate clean & soapy fragrance. Very citrusy on my skin with just a hint of floral. Soft, feminine with a little sexiness to it. I will definitely be wearing this more often. Delightful!!

Jadetive
Jadetive

I bought a 100ml bottle of this unsniffed, just based on reviews online. I expected a warm, powdery, comforting floral scent. All I got was an old, cold, powdery, musty, old white flowers sort of smell. Ugh. Smells like a dead flower. Started smelling cold, smokey and chemically after a few hours. UGH. Goodbye 40 or so dollars.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Soft, soapy, freshly-towelled musky rose.

I expected something louder & much more brash from the notes alone but the overall feel was gentle, calm & toned-down.

Like walking into a room on a summer's day where the light falls gently on vases of white flowers studded with delicate pink roses, powdery clean yet muted. A lady has just left the shower squeaky-clean after using all her beauty products & powdering down. The steam that mixes with that soft floral sunshine is Glow.

This bathroom-clean floral scent-sation gives Glow a very synthetic edge which is a turn-off for me & it is worth noting that for such a muted & inoffensive fragrance it does threaten to produce a perfume-headache.

Overall, not a bad offering...but definitely not for me.

c3c
c3c

Rose and jasmine stand out the most for me. Very fragrant floral, softly sweet and feminine. If there's a soapy quality to it it's a well made perfumed soap. Certainly not soapy in the way some fragrances are. It makes me think of spring with fields of tulips, crocus and daffodils, combined with a very early rose coming into bloom.

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

Extremely clean, powdery and confortable. I love to use this after a shower, it makes me feel sooo sexy!

Glow is my favourite fragrance, I love the fresh scent that makes me feel clean all day long.

I don't like other fragrances from J.Lo much but I admit that I'm a fan of Glow.

Sugar419
Sugar419

This is one of my favorite perfumes. When I put it on, it wraps me in a delicate blanket of fragrance. To me it smells like sunlight, soap and a warm breeze, it reminds me of summer. I get compliments whenever I wear it. I see that the comments seem to either love or hate it, but it might just depend on the wearer's chemistry. It works for mine and is affordable, I love it!

bloodflower
bloodflower

this reminds me of donna karan cashmere mist and d&g sicily, which i love both very much, so i enjoyed this one a lot, a cheaper alternative but very pleasant and lovely, soapy, clean, powdery. love it.

Sashinka
Sashinka

This reminds me of my childhood. My stepmonster used Nivea creme and I think this smells just like it. Not too horrible.

hapa
hapa

Based on Jennifer Lopez's perfume offerings it seems all this woman does is glow and live in all sorts of different ways. Good god. Anyway, enough about that or maybe I'm just jealous I can't rock a rhinestone studded jumpsuit like she can.

It has been said by many that this fragrance is very similar to China Rain and I will agree it is. However, Glow smells like it is China Rain that has been enhanced with delicate, little white flowers that were pummeled with those cheap hotel soaps and then strained through the soap wrapping paper. It smells cheap but in a complicated way.

Okay, I have bought this and might buy it again but only if I had a steady supply of Kiehl's Original Musk Oil to mix with it. (I think I read about mixing the two in Lucky magazine some years ago.) By blending Glow with a the Kiehl's, it becomes very wearable. It is feminine but not cloying. I tried wearing it straight but just like others have mentioned it sounds good in descriptions but the execution (or is that reality) is terrible.

On some people this smells cheap and is immediately recognisable. On others it is delicate and inviting. For me, I can only wear it if I layer it with Kiehl's Musk. For now, though, I'm very happy with my Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and don't think I'll be buying Glow for a long time.

Adelm
Adelm

Oh how I wanted to love this. Based on the description (clean, just showered fresh, etc.) and the notes, I was sure this was just what I was looking for. But, unfortunately, on my skin Glow just does not work. While others describe the fragrance as soft and subtle, on me it is pungent, sharp and headache-inducing. On initial spray there is a powerful burst of what I can only describe as industrial public restroom citrus-y floral air-freshener. It literally assaults my nose and remains very strong for quite some time. The fragrance then mutes down somewhat to a very cheap hotel bath soap smell. Not so much clean and fresh soapy smell as much as junky rose guest soap smell. For whatever reason, this just doesn't work with my chemistry. I'm not sensitive to smells and can usually find some redeeming quality in almost any fragrance. Even if I don't care for it myself, I can usually see how someone else might. With Glow, however, I just don't get it. I'm not getting a freshly showered scent AT ALL. I bought this blind based on the notes and description. BIG MISTAKE. Sample it first.

swedeangel
swedeangel

I belong to the crowd of people who likes this scent. I have a very wide taste in perfumes,all from dior and guerlain ,to celeb-scents ,if i like it i dont care if its cheap or expensive,made by a qualitynose or not. This one ,or all of her scents,is so much better than most celebs,and this one is the best of them . smelling so clean,so newly showered,its soft,powdery and very very pleasant!

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Since the reviews are practically evenly divided, I can only say: Don't buy this blind. This fragrance is obviously one you'll have to spritz on at the cosmetics counter and walk around with for a while.

When it first came out, I didn't even want to sample it. You see, I have a preconceived notion that all "celebrity" scents will smell sweet and cheap, or too spicy, or whatever. (Face it: many of them DO.) Not so with a most of JLo's fragrances. With my chemistry, anyway.

After complimenting a few people on their scent, and being told it was "Glow", I decided to try it for myself. And I like it!

narada
narada

I really like glow it'so sweet , lovely , clean , luxurious scent and long lasting .

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

clean and fresh, perfect for everyday or when you need that just-out-of-the-shower smell.. no lasting power whasoever, though.. plus, nothing unique or memorable about it.. I would put it in one category with the Niveas and Doves you put on when you prefer not to wear a perfume.. don't get me wrong, I love it, the same way I love the clean smell of laundry..

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I used to love this fragrance but, now its just too powdery.Its long lasting its not a bad fragrance just not for me anymore.This will certainly be a classic.But, its just not for me anymore.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

This is a very crisp clean scent i love wearing this-it smells like you just stepped out of the shower! i definately recommend this- one of jlos best frangrances.

JML LEE
JML LEE

i had this when it first came out i bought it without trying it and found it very very soapy at first but it dried down to a nice light flowey scent i couldnt smell any vanila in it its not one of my favorites but i dont hate it

www.brittxxx.nl
www.brittxxx.nl

I block any of her smells.She has mink factory's for her fur jacket line.She is a horrible person and cruel to animals

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

For me, glow by jlo smells like shampoo and the lasting power is terrible. But the bottle is gorgeous. I love the bottle and the packaging though.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I really like this fragrance and I think it's quite different from alot of the stuff out there. It lasts long and CAN be a little bit overpowering but hey..I like that! To me it's a quite a heavy floral which could probaly be instantly disliked by many. I smelled it on other people first before I was attracted to it. It's the sort of scent you need to wear a few times before you decide.

It wafts around me quite strongly. I notice it as well as other people,(You know..some perfumes you can't smell them on yourself) This one on me STAYS under my nose. There's a certain element of a creaminess to it, and also an element of..how do I put it? Plasticy fakeness. But in a good way in (In my opinion).

I now own 3 of the glow fragrances and the original is just as good as the others. I would use this as an evening scent as well as a day to day scent as it has lasting power!

AngelaGanttCarp
AngelaGanttCarp

I tried this from a test strip. There is not much depth. This can be a good thing for a young lady wanting to spread her wings in the perfume world without killing the people around her (like with body sprays from Bath and Body Works or Walmart). But it is definitely not for a "mature" woman who would prefer one drop of Chanel NO. 5 to 50 sprays of a lesser perfume. As far as my sensitivity, at first it did not bother me but 30 minutes later a headache crept in. For this reason, I would not buy this for me or my daughter.

PS In essence, I am against the celebrity perfume trend. I don't want to be branded. And, I would prefer to stick to perfume houses with a proven track record. This perfume confirms my feeling.

livingdedgrl
livingdedgrl

i like this scent, wear it weekly. but i have to agree with someone who wrote that it reminds them of sunscreen, it does somewhat remind me of sunscreen as well, but for some reason i still enjoy the scent and it lasts all day

vioversilver
vioversilver

I tried this on a sample strip and it was very harsh , a la lemon scent dish washing detergent , but on my skin it's a totally different story.

On warm flesh this really does capture that well scrubbed feeling and scent one has after emerging all pink skinned, steam rising off ones' body , still smelling slightly of that bar of soap you just used, and the floral scented lotion that gets applied while skin is still warm and damp, - this is one of my favorite routines out of a usual day, the simple pleasure of a hot , steamy bath and that so clean and renewed feeling after.

So yes I see the appeal in this perfume,simply being clean and fresh is quite sexy! Glow captures this idea alright then.

I also think this is another scent that's meant to be applied lightly so it can work with your own unique chemistry and recreate the awesome 'right after a shower smell' - too much can easily turn into detergent-ville.
In warm or even hot weather this would work especially well.

P.S. I mixed Glow with my body lotion - just sprayed it into the little glop of lotion in my hand, & that made for a softer effect , but still that 'fresh' thing going on,a really nice effect that works better on me than spraying the perfume directly on.

amber_glow
amber_glow

This is the most cheerful energetic fragnance I have ever smelled. You feel like having a shower all the time. Very clean very flowery I love it and love it.

truffles
truffles

What was the tag - 'fresh, sexy, clean'? There's nothing too nasty here to my nose, just a simple scent that didn't really seduce me in any way. It's almost veering towards sickening territory for me.

soulflwr
soulflwr

It smells like "Jean Nate" to me..or sunscreen like one other person said. lol

I hated it at first, b/c it smells like the perfume formulation could have been based on someone's natural body odor...kind of revolting. I get the same feeling from Narciso Rodriguez for her.

It eventually grew on me b/c I don't like to waste stuff, and I couldn't find anyone who would take it (FOR FREE!lol), so I just wound up using it up myself.

holly13
holly13

I gavs this to my 15 year old niece as a gift. There are plenty of J.Lopez perfumes to choose from and I thought she might like it. I usually only give a person I care about a gift of flowers or 20 bucks in a card, since perfume is a personal thing.

Next time I will go to the perfume store at a nearby mall and have her smell scents on those paper things and breathe in coffee... You know they do that right? They say you can only smell 3 scents at a given moment otherwise you can get scent overload.

vdxl

A nice floral scent on women, as it evokes the contrasting harmony between innocence and sensuality. It is very well blended, it reminds of spring, lilas, lily of the valley. It is definitely great even if it is a celebrity scent, but jlo separates her fashion designer alter ego to her entertainer persona.

Lyndy Hop
Lyndy Hop

Not being a fan of Ms. Lopez, I was not expecting to like Glow, nor would I ever have expected to make this a part of my "so-called" collection. (Explanation: When I purchased it approximately two years ago, I had only a few bottles of perfume in my dresser drawer.)

My best friend and I were at the perfume counter and she encouraged me to sample it. Despite my reluctance, after one whiff, I became enamoured of this fresh, clean, soapy scent. It was later on that I discovered Ms. L designed this fragrance to remind one of that just-stepped-out-of-the-shower feeling. Up until then, I hadn't quite been able to put my finger on that description, but it's the most apt and is, of course, from the horse's mouth.

Surprisingly, I've received more compliments on this than any other fragrance I've ever worn IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I wore it almost exclusively that first summer and people consistently (practically daily) inquired about my perfume, telling me how lovely I smelled. As I've since accumulated several additional perfumes, I now only use it occasionally; mostly just before bed after a nice, relaxing bath.

Although it's fairly light, it does have exceptional lasting power and sillage (at least on me). I, personally, never got the impression of sexiness, but many men have remarked otherwise, including several "Fragrantican" gentlemen. If you love clean, soft, soapy, light florals, then this is one you won't want to be without.

knics33
knics33

I must admit...J.Lo's Glow has nostalgic value for me. This fragrance came out when I was around 14-15 and every time I smell it I am instantly flooded with images of being a goofy kid with no problems/responsibilities; hanging out with my girlfriends and going to the movies on Friday night, etc. Glow was the first celebrity fragrance that really started the trend of celebrity perfumes and I think Jennifer Lopez did a pretty good job. Glow is pure powdery/floral goodness- very fresh and super clean. If strong florals are not your thing, then you will certainly dislike Glow. I get a lot of Iris and Rose from Glow- there is also just a hint of orange, but not much. This is great to put on when you get out of the shower or before you go to bed. Glow is also a *perfect* spring fragrance. I finally broke down and bought a 1.7 oz. bottle at TJMaxx for $19.99 (after going through a bottle back when I was younger). A big plus- I think the bottle is gorgeous minus the JLo emblem at the bottom. I wish it would have been a cursive "glow" emblem personally. Overall, I really like this fragrance and plan on purchasing again and again.

Deedz
Deedz

This fragrance has nostalgic qualities for me. It doesn't suit me as well as I would like but I continue to buy and wear it (just on my clothes) because I'm attached.
I can't help but wonder how the scent works on J-Lo herself...
She seems like a spicy Latino, hot mamma type. And this is such a white musky, starched cotton, perfume.
I like the smell of Glow on my pillow and pyjamas after I've slept wearing the fragrance, I just wish it were the slightest bit sweeter so I could wear it on my skin.

lillybee
lillybee

A pleasant, flowery and fresh, slightly soapy eau de toilette that lasts for about 6 hours and stays close to the skin. Good choice when you just want to smell fresh and clean. I was surprised at how well blended the fragrance is. All I smell is a bit citrus then a nice, soapy lilly-of-the-valley scent that about an hour later becomes slightly rosey, powdery and musky.

Apart from the musk I couldn't make any any other base notes, they must be there in minute quantites only. Nothing groundbreaking but Glow still stands on its own right. At least it's not one of the many syrupy celeb scents someone else mentioned they seem to be producing nowadays. It was nice trying a sample however the packaging is way too tacky.

vdxl

To me this fragrance smells like a refined wisteria soap, screaming "Spring". Lovely, for a celebrity fragrance, its minimalism is very well expressed, giving sophistication to a category of fragrances which are often subject to kitsch. If there were a men's version of this one: a woody-floral with some white pepper notes. Please...Aa..and should I say congrats to JLo that she does not release candy smelling cologne like other celebrities?

I had quite a few samples of this when it came out. I couldn't understand the hype, apart from being JLo. Some friends of mine had to have it. It smells like strong concentrated laundry powder for clothes washer with some rose flavour thrown into it for fancy effect. That's not a bad smell, but it's very synthetic and I don't like these laundry-type scents at all. It's quite pungent and sparkling, not complex, quite cheap. JLo could have done better.

Jaquie
Jaquie

For me this smell only like Lily of the Valley! A very fresh, floral and clean scent. It`s a little bit boring for me. But I like the bottle very much.

Debbzz
Debbzz

I was iniitally put off Glow by the fact it smelt like cheap soap on the paper test strip.

However, I persevered and wore it to work. I am so glad I did as it smells much better on skin.

It is fresh and floral, and very feminine. Don't expect citrus and zesty, this is floral, powdery and slightly spicy.

At first application you get a burst of florals, predominantly jasmine. This mellows to the soft, powdery, oriental and floral heart notes. These notes are long-lasting and it takes a while to finally dry-down to fresh soapy/musky base notes.

It skims perilously close to smelling too soapy but is just saved by the fact that the floral notes are pleasant and enduring throughout.

It has a lot of stamina for a floral fragrance too.

toysoldier89
toysoldier89

this is were its all began! All the celebrities cashing in on stamping their names on perfumes! but hey I love celebrity perfumes well some of them. Anyways, my friend used to wear this when it first came out and I LOVED it! she smelt so good and lasted a very long time! and I always liked the little chain and j.lo thing on the bottle!

Not a particularly unique scent- it smells a lot like "Rain" incense. I just found it too strong, a girl at work would wear it and I always felt nauseated when she walked in the room, but maybe she put on too much.

Michii_<3
Michii_<3

Glow by Jennifer Lopez was released in the uk when I was 13 years old and I can remember testing it each and everytime I went out shopping and I couldn't seem to understand or appreciate the scent, it did intrigue me but I never thought that I would actually want to own a bottle myself. At that age I think its very easy to be drawn in by anything sweet and fruity, so Glow was the kind of scent that I had never experienced before.

I'm now 18 and Glow is one of my favourite perfumes, I love how fresh and clean the fragrance is, it reminds me of stepping out of a hot, relaxing shower and the way the glass door and mirrors stay misty and dewy afterwards and the damp air smells so humid and fresh.

It is a very sexy, sensual fragrance, but in a subtle and intrigueing way. Whenever I wear this fragrance I feel very confident, calm and clean regardless of my surrondings, I wore this today on a very humid 2 hour train and underground journey during rush hour and I love how the fragrance seems to subtley wrap itself around me and keep me feeling cool and fresh. Its one of my favourites and I'm looking to buy a large bottle so I can wear it on a more daily-basis :)

elly77
elly77

Had it twice, liked it very much. It smells clean and a little soapy, it feels like you just came out of shower, like Sicily mentioned. J Lo wanted it to be like that as far as I know.
It's no good for a date, not seductive, it's for your own pleasure in my opinion. The only perfume by J Lo that I like.

Anna_C
Anna_C

This smells very similar to sunscreen - the regular sunscreen, not the pleasant fruity kind. Not a fan.

finduillas
finduillas

...i love it!...maybe it is not a ary sophisticated fragrance...but really pleasant and warm..i love to smell it aroundwhen the wind is blowing.
Bit soapy, creamy...I mean, sexy!

justine_gayle
justine_gayle

This is like Demeter's laundromat mixed with moroccan rose. It's staying power is good. I sprayed it 5 hours ago and it still smells strong on me til now.

If you love powdery / soapy scents, you'd love this one.

I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

Spring25
Spring25

I got the perfume and lotion set as a gift. I really like the clean soapy rose scent. I've never smelled anything like it before. It's a nice light refreshing scent that I could imagine I'd really like wearing on hot summer days. It only lated a couple hours on me today, which is very cold, wintry day. Good price, though, so I don't mind respraying the fragrance a couple times throughout the day.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

What a horrible scent. I got a tiny bottle of this in a gift set, and boy am I glad that I didn't spend any money on it. This stuff is the definition of cheap perfume. Synthetic-y vanilla and muddled florals that fade out into something that smells vaguely of sweaty skin caked with old powder. I don't, as a rule, throw perfume away, but I tossed the little tester of this stuff.

I appreciate that Jennifer Lopez wanted this perfume to smell fresh and clean, but in my opinion perfume should be about creating something that is memorable and unlike anything else. If I wanted to smell like Glow, I would go and have a shower and use my $1 soap to recreate this scent. I don't understand why celebrities like to play it safe with their fragrances, go out there and make something crazy and unique!

I find Glow to be very light and soft on the skin. The lasting power is fairly average and the scent stays very close to the skin. If you're a fan of Jennifer Lopez I'd probably skip this perfume and try some of her other fragrances.

marie08
marie08

It's a nice clean musky scent that I really like. It stays close to you and makes you smell shower fresh.

sharyssa

Very longlasting scent.I smell rose,soap and just freshness! Very well done although it smells similar to Paul Sebastian Casual perfume.But Glow smells better.

Malibu
Malibu

I’m not sure how to describe Glow, other then fresh & clean, I don’t pick up on the individual notes, and I just get the overall impression of an energetic burst & soap.

It’s great for everyday wear, as it has great staying power. Keep a bottle in your bag for when you have to use public transport – one spray really helps you to feel cleansed.

On the down side you must spray lightly. I’ve been too heavy handed a few times & had migraines as a result.

falovalo
falovalo

I was surprised that I actually liked this. It's very clean and slightly soapy without being overwhelming. The only problem is that lots of women have and wear this so its easily recognizable, but really, who cares?

Leesee
Leesee

There is nothing more exhilarating than the ghost of a wonderful scent after its wearer has left the premises. Glow manages to combine the ghost with the flesh in a perfume that clings, caresses, and comforts.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This is the top clean fragrance! I know it says the drydown has sandlewood and musk but all that does it set the light powdery scent. It is so fresh without being artifical or fruity. Dont use too much or it ruins the notes. It really lasts and the price is good.

Marianne
Marianne

I can understand most of you - it is a very clean, fresh (and, as I feel, unique) smell that's got both lovers and opponents. It might smell like a cleaning product, but like a good one. It's one of the "well-done synthetic" fragrances, I would say.
Of course, you can get sick of it if you wear or smell it too often, but that's the case with every perfume, I would say. (The same like a good piece of music - you don't listen to it every day - just for special occasions)

sweet_joy
sweet_joy

Most people don't like Glow at all. For me it was love at first smell. Fresh, clean, light, like you just have got out shower. It's feminine, delicate and not invasive. Perfect for hot days and for work.

LizzieM
LizzieM

"Never in a million years will i try this" I said to myself as I turned my nose up in a very snobby manner. Not for me this celebrity caper.
So it came as a surprise to me when I found myself spraying it onto my wrist this week............ crikey..........it is really good! It does what it does really well, and I like what you get for your money here. OK I will admit that I was wrong!
I can't say that I will buy a bottle at the drop of a hat, will need to try it again once more, and keep my eyes peeled for it in a sale.

snobuni77
snobuni77

Honestly I hate this perfume.I have the sample bottle & every time I try to use it I regret it.MY sister had used it once & it smelled to me like she had just takin a shower but it wasnt anything great.I highly doubt it would turn a guy on either

braziliangirl
braziliangirl

I really love this perfume, i live in brazil and here is so hot . This fragrance is perfect here .

Reem
Reem

After a while staying on my skin, it got much better. It was horrible at the beginning just like a cleaning detergent! but then it became lovely smelling, floral and clean.

guest_Marie J
guest_Marie J

This is one of the best fragrances ever. Smells so clean and fresh and it does last so long that I bet a bottle would last someone over a year, the staying power is that good that you would only need about 2 sprays and that's it also combined with the lotion you will be smelling yourself all day!

nihh
nihh

I love this perfume is very femenine and fresh smells great!!! the bottle is very cute jlo's perfumes are awesome this one and still are my favorites

bluesuze
bluesuze

This is a lovely scent. I like to spray it on after I take a shower for days where I don't want to wear a heavy fragrance. It also doesn't contain that sugary sweetness that I can't stand with most celebrity perfumes. I'll be wearing this for a long time.

guest_marie j
guest_marie j

out of date? but still sold at Macy's though! Whatever. Who are you the Fragrance Patrol? Telling people whats in and whats not? I happen to like glow and I'll wear it until retirement age if I want to! But anyway,I like the soapy rose scent and I personally think it is one of the better scents out there. There are too many sweet fragrances this is something clean and nice out of the shower!

sealprincess
sealprincess

I love Glow, it reminds me of Breathless from Victoria's Secret. A very pleasant scent. Nice and light, soft, and feminine. Love it!!!! Great bottle too.

liat
liat

Soapy fresh and clean, very pleasant. Not overly sweet or overpowering. It also has a great lasting power.

chance25
chance25

I believe JLo's inspiration for this perfume was China Rain by Terra Nova. It's hard to describe b/c in certain ways it does smell like soap, or like a cleaning agent BUT,the kind you wish you could wear as a perfume. This is not like the CLEAN line of perfumes. This is more aquatic and airy. Great silage, this is why I like this one so much!

dioradddict
dioradddict

I agree with Vickalena, the top notes really evokes de fresh scent of shower but after some time u can smell the lovely vanilla and it smells very delicate and feminine.there´s really something a little bit synthetic in its top notes, but they go away in 1 hour or a half. it´s not a bad fragrance, but it smells better on my pillows, bed and wardrobe then on my skin...

tinuviel8
tinuviel8

It smells like cheap soap. I know she was trying to invoke the after-shower smell and feel when she sat down to create this one, but come on, can't you be a little more creative, Jen?

amanda

its true that it can seem a bit synthetic, but very clean and clear at the same time, actually i like it, its not my fav of the glow line though. And i love the bottle, its feminine and beautiful

Migotka
Migotka

Horrible, horrible smell. Honestly, I saw it on sale and was tempted by a super low price, but after smelling I wouldnt have taken it even if they paid me !

Anja.deboer@live.nl
Anja.deboer@live.nl

I am 56 years old and it is my favorite summerfragrance. It reminds me of te smel of fresly ironed laundry at my grandma's house. Just have to close my eyes and I am in her house again. But then all my favorite fragrances remind of nice things in my past.

guest_ZoeM
guest_ZoeM

I hate it too! Its a terrible fragance. And not only on my skin I try it on a blotter and the smell still reminds me the chemical for cleaning the floors (I hate when a fragance smell like this products)

Sicily
Sicily

I am 26 years old and I like Glow! Ten-year old uses Disney, as far as I know. OK, it's celebrity, but it is very fine, and her best fragrance in my opinion.
Her inspiratin was fresh shower, and that is exacty how Glow smells like. Smells soapy and like soft flowers, like you just came out of shower, b/c it was meant to smell that way. It may be strong when you first spray it on, but it is quite light and pleasant, great for everyday. Fantastic bottle!

Glow by Jennifer Lopez 3.24 out of 5 based on 1868 ratings and 438 user reviews

Glow Perfume by Jennifer Lopez, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
GLOW for WOMEN by Jennifer Lopez EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
GLOW for WOMEN by Jennifer Lopez EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
Glow Gift Set by Jennifer Lopez Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 6.7 oz Body Lotion
GLOW for WOMEN by Jennifer Lopez SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 6.7 OZ
GLOW for WOMEN by Jennifer Lopez SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 6.7 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jennifer Lopez Glow fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jennifer Lopez Glow, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Glow by Jennifer Lopez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Glow by Jennifer Lopez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.