Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Glow after Dark Jennifer Lopez for women

Glow after Dark Jennifer Lopez for women
dislike

tropical
Glow after Dark Jennifer Lopez for women Pictures Glow after Dark Jennifer Lopez for women Pictures Glow after Dark Jennifer Lopez for women Pictures

It’s a girls’ night out! They are wild, sexy and fun, just like a new fragrance by J.Lo. Glow After Dark, is lavish and charismatic while the original Glow is gentle and innocent. The scent opens with vibrant fruity notes and ozone; lychee, melon, passion fruit, mandarine and white cherry. At its heart, seductive florals, including creamy jasmine, rose, pink peony, and orange flower. The fragrance ends with patchouli musk, and moss. It was created by Gabriela Chelariu in 2006.

Passionfruit Mandarin Orange White Cherry

Peony Orange Blossom Jasmine Rose

Musk Patchouli White Woods Oakmoss

Gold

Glow after Dark Fragrance Reviews

naomikim
naomikim

I really like this one a lot. On me, it's quite strong and lasts for a long time. It is tropical and a little citrusy but still dark and sexy, which I like. I get a lot of compliments, especially from men!

kareembrightman
kareembrightman

Le Flacon est superbe et le parfum est très frais, très fruité. Une merveille. Il me fait un peu penser a la gamme de parfum de beyonce mais en plus Glamour

EDIT : Same scent that ROGUE by Rihanna but more powerful

scribs
scribs

i just got a bottle of this yesterday and i wouldnt really consider it a night time fragrance. it is a somewhat sweet and creamy scent with some floral notes that is actually not bad for daytime. i totally see it being ok to wear especially in on hot days. it has a somewhat relaxing and refreshing quality to it. the inicial spray smells of white cherries and peony with a very subtle orange note, VERY subtle. then as it dries the floral notes really become heavy hitters in the scnet, they do, however, merge together into a somewhat generic floral. but it is enjoyable. it projects moderately well, and the longevity is good, lasts all day. i give it a 7.5 o.o. 10

SIM2014
SIM2014

Now this one is much better than the glow perfume.I had this one eyars ago and I really liked it and now I kind of miss it.

Malibu

On first application I found GLOW AFTER DARK to be very sweet and fruity thanks to the listed passionfruit and lychee - plus I can pick out some mango, coconut and what smells like strawberry. Most of the J.Lo Glow flankers are sweet and fruity, but this time the fruits border on being too sweet, and this fruity mix did start to get to me after a few wears.

The top notes of passionfruit and berries apply strongly and last through the perfume's heart and base phrases. I normally like sweeter fragrances, but this is very artificial. The top phase is long lasting and lasts partially through the heart notes. The fruit is too strong for me to pick up on most of the individual floral notes in the heart, apart from the orange blossom.Two of the key scent notes - neroli and orange blossom - that are in GLOW AFTER DARK are the same as the original GLOW, but this fails to remind me of the clean sophistication of the original.

I adore the soft base. The gentle notes of what I think is cypress and sandalwood mix with the remaining fruits and musk, and finally gave me a sense of the original and still the best (in my opinion) Glow with the simple, uncluttered, cleanness.

For a fragrance that applies so strongly and sweet the lasting power isn't that great; It burns down within five hours on me. As the name suggests GLOW AFTER DARK is best suited as evening wear. It's too full on for casual use and too sweet for work - if you work closely to other people I doubt that they're thank you for wearing so invasive around them.

Despite the strong fruit notes I think it'd be best to use GLOW AFTER DARK in the fall/winter as I found the sweetness in too much in the warmer weather; I'd literally feel sick whenever I wore it over the summer, which is the time of the year when fruity perfumes appeal to me. I ended up giving my bottle a away due to this.

All in all, I find GLOW AFTER DARK to be a younger, sweeter version of MIAMI GLOW. It's a shame that Coty decided to make the fruit notes the sole focus, as I love the base, and if the middle floral notes had been more developed then I think that it's likely that the fragrance wouldn't have turned sickly on me.

GLOW AFTER DARK was a limited edition release so it's become hard to find it in stores, although it does sometimes pop up in Superdrug and TK Maxx. Many online sellers still stock it too.

Chiquis
Chiquis

Glow After Dark is an interesting scent... So interesting that I don't know what to make of it. Before I sprayed it on my skin I first smelled the spray nozzle. From the bottle it almost smells like a wine cooler- very sweet and fruity. And upon first spray I get that fruity smell. It's not a berry fruit that you find in most modern perfumes- it's the passionfruit. However, as that dissipates the moss really comes forward. I know the smell isn't the patchouli because I get a smell that reminds me of vines, like the residue you get on your hands after touching a tomato vine. And THEN mixed in with that viney smell is something clean... Clean like dryer sheets. Lol this perfume is all over the place!! What's crazier is that at different angles I can detect all three of these smells: fruity, viney and dryer sheets. Quite an interesting scent.

With AMAZING longevity and sillage, as well as at $20 a bottle on Amazon, Glow After Dark is a great value. Also the bottle is pretty cool.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Opening smells like Angel BUT minus the caramel, honey and chocolate notes. Drydown smells tropical, soapy and clean patchouli scent, tested it in the store - boyfriend seemed to like it. I very much agree this is an evening fragrance - BUT sprayed with a light hand you could get away with wearing it during the day because of the clean accords.

truffles
truffles

Starts off vanillaberry, after a while starts to remind me of something like Givenchy Ysatis, ends up EXACTLY like . . something . . something I remember from the 80s. I quite like it. Not what I was expecting from Glow After Dark. Yes it smells cheapish and perhaps somewhat masculine but still pleasant. I'm sniffing and sniffing and I wish I could work out what this reminds me of, it's like it's maybe actually a copy of it. Argh, I'll work it out in the end and update.

Zrye
Zrye

First off, more than one spray of this baby is lethal! I made the mistake of dousing myself in this when I first bought it and went into a coughing and sneezing fit! I thought I was gonna die lol! Anyway, this perfume is definitely a beauty! Unique and mysterious, I think!
I can definitely pick up on the white cherry and passion fruit in the top. I personally hate the smell of anything cherry, but this is a well done cherry scent! In the heart I can detect the rose and creamy jasmine! This is a really creamy fragrance! I just love it! The heart is definitely musky and I have trouble detecting anything but the musk in the base. Overall a very nice, well done fragrance!

I absolutely love the bottle and packaging! Personally my favorite bottle from the "Glow" line! I just love the metallic reflection it gives off, and the beautiful faux black stones on the charm!

I would DEFINITELY recommend this fragrance!

CPelly82
CPelly82

My all time favourite perfume. Very sexy and the fragrance lasts a long time on my skin.

pravda48
pravda48

Hot damn, this is STRONG! I mean one spray is almost too intense for me (a light sprayer in general)! I'm sure the longevity is fantastic at this rate...

Anyway up front I get STRONG oakmoss and musk w/ some sweetness behind it. I could see it being cherry-ish though I'm not familiar w/ white cherries. I can definitely see the 'zest soap' vibe and I'm hoping that wears off a bit (sprayed 15ish mins ago). Will report back, gonna stick out this strong opening to observe...

Update: going strong 7 hours later, it's just not for me. Still comes across as soapy on my skin with very little fruit/sweet. Sadface.

EDIT: wore a 2nd time (after shower washed it off) to give it another fair go: I'm wondering if I sprayed it too close to my skin last time & it didn't get to 'breathe' right, because this time w/ 2 sprays from a good distance I DID get the passion fruity juicy smell! It's much better this time, less soapy/masculine too.

LESSON: don't spray it too close!! This one needs to be applied as a FINE MIST or it's just too concentrated!

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

The first 10min is unbearable,
but but but
The dry down is awesome, you cannot stop sniffing it after an hour or two of apply.
longevity is more than expectation. 12+ hrs

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

OK I got a big bottle of this for $24.99 @ Ross and sprayed some on top of my hand. OMG! I must be crazy I smell ANGEL!! The drydown of ANGEL...or a very close relative that's for sure...this is magnificent!
Holy cow..YUM...YUM...YUM..!!!This is OMG SEXY--crazy delicious...
OK so I smell the fruity sweetness with that hint of tropical but its just so much better than that. I'm not good at notes, but it's like a dark fruit with sexy soft sweetness with musky flavor and something so sensual I can't get over it.
This smells way more expensive than it was. There was one other bottle at Ross. I may have to snag that one up tomorrow as well. This is a definite keeper. I hope it lasts on my skin a long time. Definitely made for a girl...not in-your-face sexy, but a confident, subdued sexy. Good job JLo..

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

I couldn't wait to get a bottle of this after smelling a sample in Allure magazine. It ended up being a good purchase.

Glow After Dark makes me happy (if not ecstatic.) What I detect predominately is mandarin and musk. It doesn't seem to develop, which is ok when you have a nice blend like this one. It's a linear fragrance on me and the sillage is suprisingly good; the citrusy note seems to last.

I think it smells like a girl who is a little naughty.

vnv.ucr
vnv.ucr

LOVE LOVE LOVE this fragrance. It's like a combo of sweet/sexy with innocent powder. Don't know how else to explain it.
Very floral, not very berry. Mostly a sweet powder.

beautiful bottle. Love the silver covering to the traditional glow bottle.

Pretty good longevity and silage, night not day scent, perfect for dates or clubbing, ages 19-33 or 35 max.

pinkandsatany
pinkandsatany

A really nice, inexpensive fragrance. I wouldn't actually say it's for "after dark" though. it's a really nice warm floral smell that i find better suited to daytime.

PearlyMist x
PearlyMist x

Last time I met up with my cousin, this was the fragrance she had on the go. Only thing was, she was practically drowning herself in it! :/ The opening was very sweet with lots of cherry and passionfruit which I quite liked. However, as it started to settle, the sweetness went away and it smelled more unisex. I agree with reviews on here saying it is a night perfume, but she was smothering herself in it during the day... lucky me :P

I’m not sure if I would like it more in a smaller dose, but I was a bit turned off by it as it was just so strong, like I could smell layers and layers of it projecting off her clothes. I’m not a fan of the original glow, and I could smell a subtle resemblance. I definitely prefer this one though. I think as it settles, the white floral notes come through and it smells a bit powdery? Musty? Masculine? It could be the combination of notes, maybe the white florals along with the artificial smelling fruit notes (though I don’t mind synthetic fruit notes), and the deep rose and patchouli. It just didn’t smell completely feminine/classy and definitely too sultry for lunch xD

I can see its place at the club or somewhere where one would want to be more sensual, but I’d want something more sophisticated for those moments. To me, this just seemed a little tacky, generic, and not very tasteful.

I want to smell it again in a more moderate amount, and get a feel for it worn at a night time event. But I think I’ll still feel as though it’s not distinctively girly enough for me to want to wear it. I’ll have to wait and see, and I’ll update this if my opinion changes :3

Hope my rambling helped a little (:

AnisAzemi
AnisAzemi

i totally love this perfume.. but already ran out of it.. its hard to find this perfume these day..

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Opens strong and a touch sour on me.. 1/2 hour later a skin only musky floral.. at 2 hrs its barely there. gets a MEH for me.. it's ok, a bit different, but not for me

Nothing like Kim Kardisian Gold to me.

EmJem
EmJem

This perfume has a nice scent but is very overpowering at the beginning. Once the perfume dries out a little, it smells very nice and fruity floral. However the perfume does not last very long so you only get to smell its true colors for a little while.

camarillo
camarillo

this is perfume is strong but I like it you will not boring to wear this perfume. for young girl you must try... this is one of best quality perfume but not expensive^^

Lakambini
Lakambini

A Glow flanker that's different enough to be marketed as a separate fragrance. Opens with a burst of fruitiness, in which passion fruit is the most prominent. Beneath this, forming an odd, loamy-steely and even gasoline-y undertone, is the patchouli, but it's not intrusive, and in fact tends to come and go. This is probably why the scent registers to some as faintly masculine or unisex. Musky white florals gain strength as the perfume develops. In drying down, the scent simply fades to a sweet pleasantness. The original Glow surprised me with its girlish, almost pre-sexual cleanness. If they had bottled this fragrance as the original Glow it would probably have sold just as well, and been closer to the universal J Lo image.

littlefox
littlefox

too strong! you really can not spend a lot or a disaster will happen .. but overall it is good and the setting is excelent, definitely lasts all night! (and the next morning too)

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

My favorite part is the initial spray, where I smell cherries. They are soft, happy cherries, not sweet and not medicinal. Then the perfume settles into antique dried roses. At the end it smells like an old private library, dusty paper with a bit of armchair. This is one of the most soothing perfumes I own. Ironic, since that seems to contradict the marketing which suggests a sexy, glamorous, clubbing perfume.

AthenaSmith
AthenaSmith

This perfume is dark and sexy in a wild, brash, fun way. It smells like a carefree night on the town, whether with the girls or with a date. There are noticeable hints of masculinity and smokyness that add to the dark feel.

Even the bottle conjures up images of a night out - a formfitting, bodyhugging silvery dress accessorized by black necklaces.

Overall a very nice celebrity perfume.

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

Sweet night time scent. Powdery yes. Floral yes.sexy - yeah. Just for a night out.

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

Smells like a less refined version of Euphoria

pedrogiriboni
pedrogiriboni

really good scent! a friend of mine had it. really strong.

Naenae
Naenae

I bought this a years ago at Marshall's and like it, This was perfect to wear after shower around the house and work.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

hmm I bought this blind as a cheap fragrance (I have a few easy ones that I wear to work). I generally don't think that the Glow line is too bad up to this one. I haven't scrubbed it as it's not as awful as some, but it's not really to my taste. It is a bit like a low budget masculine, and the fruits are not particularly lush, but bitter and dark. I hate to say it could possibly be sold to teens as a goth scent called 'funeral wreath' as it has a slightly depressing air to it, rather than the bit of fun I was hoping for. Right, I'm off to put some Joy Division on....

Mojo328
Mojo328

I got this scent for my birthday a few years ago. Personally I hated it but my sister loved it. I gave her the bottle and she wears it everyday. This perfume smells a little bit trashy to me, and it's very strong. I think it's too sultry for my girly tastes. My sister says it smells like "bottled sex." I think smells like a bottled stripper...

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I can really smell the white cherry and passion fruit in this and I quite enjoy it! It's different and unique. I don't have any other fragrances that smell like this one. It stands out. It almost has a masculine vibe to it. I find it deep and dark but not suffocating or too heavy. The fruity tone keeps it alive and from becoming too serious. Interesting and not boring in the least bit. A fun scent that will keep people sniffing you and guessing what you are wearing all night long!

Zoya
Zoya

It is not sweet nor sour. It is feminine but not soft. It is loud but not vulgar. It is outgoing but not friendly. It is pretty but not beautiful. It is sophisticated but not intelligent. It is not really memorable but you won't forget it.
It is a fragrance of the night; for those who want to party, for those who wanna be reckless, for the young at heart.
It is stronger than the music, it is louder than the people and heavier than the the smoke of cigarettes.
It is for those who want to glow after dark...

sweethearttx
sweethearttx

A very sensual, sexy perfume. It is very heavy, so I only wear it occasionally at night when I go out and want to really make a statement. Love the musky scent. I used to wear it all the time in my younger days when I went out a lot ;) It was heavy enough to still be smellable over cigarette smoke in the clubs. Now that I'm in my 30s, I wear it only on special occasions. Definitely NOT a daytime perfume. I still love it though!

Pasaka
Pasaka

To be honest, I didn't like the smell. I expected to see some woody, strong notes but everything that I can smell is bitter and dark notes. The lasting power is poor as well as the combination of passion fruit and white cherry. I think this perfume is overvalued considering the high price and powdery smell.

Soap
Soap

As my avatar suggests, I know a thing or two about the Glow line.

I initially bought a knockoff of Glow After Dark (GAD) from Perfume Aromatics (before their supplier kicked them to the curb), and it smells EXACTLY like the real GAD. The only thing I disliked about the knockoff is how, an hour after the drydown, it would evaporate and leave behind this weird, bitter, dank, woodsy smell (minus the yummy fruits). The lack of longevity was upsetting, but I figured that was simply because it was a knockoff.

Flash-forward to obtaining the authentic version of GAD. Better sillage, projection, longevity and everything. Better than the knockoff, but only slightly. The good news is it DOESN'T leave behind traces of dankness and bitter funk like the knockoff.

To my nose, I smell a lovely amalgamation of dark chocolate, blackberries, plums and bergamot; very gourmand. My only disappointment with it is its longevity, which is two hours, at best. This was a huge disappointment, since the original Glow smells nice and soapy 12 hours later.

Thus, I like Glow After Dark vs. loving it, and probably will not repurchase, unless it is reformulated.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

my favorite perfume ever!! it smells so good and just has this 'kick'-- no "inspired by-" fragrance I've found could ever replicate it.

it's sexy and not too sweet, perfect for day and night without being overpowering

OneScent
OneScent

It may not be the best perfume ever but it does smell good. I like it a lot...fruity and clean!

TheAlyssaVega

Oh yes, it smells like "Her Majesty the Night"!
Straight, bold and uncompromising. Cold and sexy. It will sit for long and bright in hot midnight on a hot skin.
It's not for the luxury, it's for the extravaganza. For the celebration of life in the middle of the sleeping world. Where stars is shine, splash of champagne, hot dances, magic of love and sex, which begins...after dark. Where there are no restrictions and conditions.
P.S. I'd want to say one more thing. Girls, please don't spray it on the clothing. This is a fragrance for the body, it reacts with it, turning the composition in a sexually alluring elixir. The same time on the cloth, it's "hanging dead weight", leaving its heavy base.

pompous
pompous

This one really is long lasting! I sprayed some on my knee so that the perfume would be far enough away from my face for me to not get used to it so that I could check how long it'd last. After 20 hours I can still smell it on my skin. Other people can smell it on me for 10-13 hours.

Whit
Whit

I remember buying this when it first came out; it was love at first sniff. I loved it so much that it was always a repurchase for me. But as time wore on and I discovered different fragrances that I had never heard of before, Glow After Dark got put on the back-burner. I really miss it though; it was very sexy and the lasting power was incredible. I remember it being more oriental to me; yes, it's fruity and sweet, but it had this mysterious aura about it too. I agree with everyone else that it is perfect for clubbing, but alas my clubbing days have been over for quite a while, so this would be good for a beach party or at least a beach-themed party. Warm sexy summer nights is what Glow After Dark exudes. I think a revisit is on the horizon! :D

loonad
loonad

received it today-love it.a good perfume for summer.fruity and quite strong.just love this perfume.very long lasting and very strong.very summery.

vinisantosrs

I think it's a great scent with long longevity and projection, with a lot of personality. One of the most well-done fragrances by JLo. But I gotta be in the mood to wear it, because it bores me and gives me headache sometimes.

ramaeil
ramaeil

Nice bottle..I use to have this and i want another one!

Fragaria
Fragaria

I can certainly see why so many people use this for clubbing! It's a night scent, sexy as can be, and someone mentioned it smells as if your man's scent rubbed off on you. This is the most true statement, and I agree wholeheartedly! I side with this being a fall/winter scent also, but think this could easily be pulled off during summer, during the day, and at work also, in a very limited amount! This is very appealing to me, different, and COULD be obnoxious if your not in the mood for it! Every review here has truth to it, in various degrees! Is it manly? not really, and definitely yes. Is it strong? depends on the amount...easily yes! Annoying? most often not, but this COULD be an understatement at the wrong time! This is the most interesting scent I've ever encountered and I'm so glad to have it! Hubby got me this, just because he's thoughtful, kind and loving. Perhaps this is why it's so special to me. It will forever remind me of HIM and why I'll enjoy every drop. If he finds it offensive, I'll back off, but I won't give it up! The bottle is adorable really! I won't be ashamed to display it! This certainly is different, so if you don't have an open mind, don't buy it without testing! Good reviews EVERYone!

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I don't like this at all. I like fruit, sweet or citrus and this is not any of these. This was not my style. Seems like a dark mysterious scent. Almost masculine and not feminine. I tested this but would not buy it. Just does not work for me.

BritXOX
BritXOX

For me it is masculin. When had this on one time,I was feeling like I was wearing cologne. Don't like it.

EMonika
EMonika

Age: 24
Skin: normal-oily. Medium brown.
Preferences: Fruity, vanilla, watery, sweet, citrus (Will update)
Perfume nose: amateur

best season- all but mid summer
day/night- night
the age of the woman who wears it- 20's mid 30's
the persona of the woman who wears it- shy at first then POW!

Hello from new zealand!

I have this perfume and the first few impressions i got from it is that to me, it smells like hot honey, very bold must be careful not to suffocate from this so use sparingly. no presence of sharp citrus notes. honey cherry musk in a nutshell.

the woman for this scent IMO is sweet and shy.. at first, but once you get her going she is a ball! fun but not a daredevil can make you laugh though she is polite enough not to make you fall out of your seat.

mahimahimaia
mahimahimaia

extremely EXTREMELY strong, and very sweet.

I used to have this when i was 14... my mom always reacted to it. Even one spray smelt like i had bathed in some hot melting tropical goop.

I kind of wish I still had it though for fun.. but it's definitely cheap and smells cheap as well.

exciter76
exciter76

I’m always a bit apprehensive about perfumes in rollerballs. I am certainly not above collecting them; I have many and I think they are a great way of possessing much-wanted scents without breaking the bank. However, I do wonder about crushing the top notes due to the way it is applied. Typically, this has not been a problem but I really have to question if rollerball application had affected this particular scent.

I did not get much in the way of fruit with GAD. Secretly, I am glad. I love the occasional fruity floral but this aspect does grow wearisome after a while, especially with J. Lo’s fragrances. Instead, I got the boyfriend-bar-of-soap, Zest. Very “Zestfully Clean” scented. This went straight to greens and woods, which gave a wink and a nod to clean masculinity but not a blatant blast of men’s cologne. I really loved the four or more hours of this.

Then there is the weird drydown. I love patchouli but it is very hit-or-miss with my skin’s chemistry. Here, the patchouli and oakmoss begin “zestfully” clean but turn powdery. Like flea powder for cats, powdery. It’s weird and strong. Longevity is one of this fragrance’s strong points and, like a double-edged sword, a point of contention. I put this on my wrist at 6 pm yesterday and now, at 11:30 am and many hand/wrist washings later, I still smell it. When it smelled like soap, I was overjoyed about this. Once it hit the powdery phase, not so much.

This is definitely a unisex fragrance so do not be deterred by the oft-mentioned suggestion that this could pass for a sex-shop purchase; there is something abstractedly perverse about the bottle. Do not be especially deterred by the J. Lo name. This is all about the juice. Strange as the drydown may be I am willing to look the other way on this one. I think this might be best sprayed on clothing to avoid the flea powder scent.

rachelanne87
rachelanne87

I hate this perfume, it smells so bad!! One of the worst smelling perfumes that I have smelled in a long time. Smells like a very bad mans cologne. To bad I purchased a 1.7 oz bottle of it, that I will never use!

Norgirl
Norgirl

Wow . i finaly got to try this one and i realy like it . At first it is very sweet and a bit cloying , but after a wild it settles down on the skin whit almost a powdery feal or more like a velvety feal i cant realy explain.. This i unlike anything i have tryed . sweet and dark but still very bright and festive in a way . i can feal the white cherrys . At least that is what i think im smelling , sweet and alluring, the Passionfruit mixes well so i guess it is that one to:) But the flowers i cant feal to much off, it blends in in the background but i cant realy tell them apart from each other..
this is for festive ocations i would say , Or for thouse moments you want to lift your mood and dance a little :) For the bright moments in life maybe ..:)
It isent somthing i would like to wear everyday. But still there is somthing in this that trigger my like button :) Thanks to Icekat for sending a decant

TheAlyssaVega

Mysterious, unrecognizable, a fragrance of the night.
Besides you can wear it as on a Beach party as on the Royal rout. Its perfect fragrance!

varnyte
varnyte

It's perfect for clubbing, I feel so sexy and stylish while wearing it. This scent is warm, fruity, feminine, super stylish, and perfect for night, but it is not heavy scent. It's really perfect for young girls and fashionistas;) Spray it before going out- believe me- you will seduct all men in the club;)

Yessamin
Yessamin

This is a very heavy fragance, the smell reminds me the taste of aspirine for children. It's very long lasting but you can be tired of that easily.

syafiqqa
syafiqqa

it suite just for a night time,well,the smells not bad,its classy,charming,sexy..my mom wear it,suite for her but not for me..

smellynich
smellynich

you know those mint chocolate bars its sweet and chocolatey and has a minty fresh taste to it its like this one but in this frag its chocolate and patchouli you can smell the sweet chocolate and the sweetness of the florals in it, its also well blended and the musk neutralizes the sweetness, I can also smell something mens cologney in this one its like youre wearing a girly sweet perfume in a bar and you makeout with a guy and a bit of his cologne is left on you.

littlemax
littlemax

Like Aqua Amethyst, I too washed it off after a few hours. I own it and love it but after a couple of hours I just don't like how it's breaking down. The first notes are best and I know that but after not wearing it for a few weeks I just have to put it on again. I can't bring myself to give it away. Spicy, fruity and a bit earthy. It's definately a clubbing and/or girl's night scent ...it DOES stand out in a crowd.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

I tried this today. It's interesting! I am still kind of confused by the "fruit" notes in JLo perfumes--the "passionfruit" in Miami Glow smelled like pineapple to me, and the "passionfruit" in Glow After Dark smelled almost like spiced chocolate to me.

This one is at its best early on, before the patchouli, musk, and moss take over. It was OK for those first couple of hours, then those other notes started taking over. I washed it off after 5 hours--I could tell I didn't like where it was ending. I'm not sure I actually smelled the moss--it was really the patchouli and musk. I like patchouli, but just not in this combination. It was sort of a sneezy, earthy scent.

Emma x
Emma x

I love all of the glow range by jlo, my friend Abby xoxo has this one and it smells amazing!
You cna really smell thedepth that the pathcoili brigns but it still has a playfull smell thanks to the passionfruit!
I really wan JLO to do another glow called Vegas glow! i think that would be awesome, i love all of the glow range so i think this would be amazing ! x

EvinSaleh
EvinSaleh

It is very strong scent and not at all sexy as all other reviewers say. Another disappointment from JLO!! A big No

vinisantosrs

Sexy and Breathtaking. I can feel the passionfruit and musky notes on this, not so sweet, a little sour. Incredible staying power.

glama
glama

fruity almost pineapple-y sweet scent- if its melon I didnt know my daughter had a bottle of this & it was sweet sweet with a artifical smell at the end, I couldnt tell you what that smell is just that is there.

Abby xoxo
Abby xoxo

Glow After Dark is very strong perfume you can really smell the muskiness and the passionfruit scent in the perfume. It is a very sexy taste of the nightlife :D xoxo

Raphy_2260
Raphy_2260

Very sexy!!!

I own 5 JLO fragrances and I think this one ans Deseo are my favorites. The scent on this one, makes me feel sexy and divine!!!

This one I got as a gift, and I've got to say... they nailed it!!! Just Love it!

veresda
veresda

Very soft and enveloping fragrance. Can be a bit overwhelming as the combination of notes fails to play out impeccably as many classy high-street fragrances, and the orange-patchouli combo stays strong throughout. But for a JLo fragrance this one is very very nice.

madhatter1
madhatter1

This is the best one on me! Why did I give it away?!!! Got to get more!!
Best fruity sexy nite fragrance! Glo original didnt work for me but this certainly did.
Outlet perfume stores would have this fragrance.

@takeasniff: as far as I know this scent was not limited, but it is discontinued by now. So is Deseo by JLO.

takeasniff
takeasniff

Is this limited or is she going to keep this one going? I can smell Miss Dior but it is also like black xs and beyonce heat in that it has a very thick fruity smell as apposed to her lighter previous perfumes. I just wish they were not limited editions.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I must have tried about 15-20 perfumes today and this was among the very few that caught my attention. I wasn't expecting much at all. And I usually don't fall for fruity scents. But this one is nice. Sweet and juicy with a bit of spiciness, the fruits blend well with the floral notes. Reminds me of Miss Dior Cherie (old formulation). The oakmoss in the base spoils it a bit for me but otherwise it I like it (though not enough to want to buy it).

he
he

Na minha pele branca ficou extremamente doce, cheiro de calda de açúcar. Sou do tipo que gosto de separar jardim da cozinha.
BIBA.

greengrl
greengrl

Since I love Glow, I was very excited to try this fragrance. Although I don't smell any similarities between this and Glow, I thought it was a pretty decent scent. Once I tried it I could see how some people compared it to the scent of suntan lotion, it is very sweet and fruity/floral. It smelled more like a fruity cocktail to me and maybe because of this I think its name suits it well, although it wouldn't be inappropriate to wear during the day.

I had a sample which I liked. I thought it was a good scent for going out and somehow I detected an apple note. Maybe one day I will even buy it - if it's still on the market then ;)

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

Not only is the bottle ugly but the fragrance is funky to me, I dont normally describe a fragrance as being funky but this is ! Straight up funk in a bottle ! Jlo has horrible taste in pefume in my opinion I used to wear this now I find it gross and from headache prone! Dont like any of hers except for ''live''

NG
NG

Its soemthing like whisky or soemthing alcholec...it's amazing and reminds me by my engaggemtn day...but unfornately it's doenst stay long on me...8/10

Aling23
Aling23

Fun, flirty...always reminds me of hitting the town with the girls!
Good staying power...the smell is hard to explain but its a delicious fun floral scent.
Definitely in my top 5 favs of all time!

Ecmaddox
Ecmaddox

Love how fun, flirty and girly this smells!! I just love sniffing it.. It does have some similarities to the original glow.. Warm and fresh at the same time but this one is more for evening wear and is sweeter smelling.. I only got the mini out of curiosity.. Am really considering getting me a big bottle!

kawaiisha
kawaiisha

this is good for clubbing or if youre going out to a party and evening occasion. i got this as gift last christmas. i finished one bottle but would not spend money for another one. I liket it though, my mom likes it too she said i smell good and sexy lol.

Rouu
Rouu

this isn't the girly fruity floral that was Love at First Glow ..

i got it today a large bottle as gift , i luved the silver bottle at 1st sight ! WOW the bottle is feminine, attractive, simple and mysterious !

not ordinary floral-fruity fragrance ,was thinking by the advertisement its kinda wild, sexy, breathless, and as a late at night, out partying .. Glow after dark is a clean , floral for few moments then its switch to being deep, dark , wild dominated by not sugared neither warm dark base .. it soft and velvety plush, more clean than not .. !
LOVE IT

Vamy69
Vamy69

I love this perfume and I am bummed because I am all out of it. On me this lasts forever and smells very clean and fresh. It reminds me of a vacation I took in Florida. There is just something really hot and sexy about this perfume. It is totally unlike any of the other Glow perfumes as in it is not super soapy or fruity.

Dandc80
Dandc80

I wasn't sure of the first inital spray... The dry down is very bittery fruity... Dont like this fragrance.

annc
annc

This smells like fruit cocktails. Sweet but musky. I like it, but i dont love it. The lasting power is good but not great. Plus the smell isnt too strong for my liking especially not strong enough for me to be worn at night. I wear this daily to work because its cheap so I dont feel guilty everytime i spritz it. :D

Widiya
Widiya

another jlo perfume that make me addicted.. LOVE this

guest_Xtina
guest_Xtina

I purchased Glow After Dark Perfume & Body Lotion by Jennifer Lopez about a month ago. I wore it every other day, until I ran the bottle empty. I found this perfume lacked lasting power, but I loved the Body Lotion Scent, which I found to be quite different from the perfume. Anyways, if I had to rate Glow After Dark on a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate it a 5. Not too exciting. I don't plan to purchased this perfume again any time soon.

Surreal
Surreal

This was my signature scent back in the days of my internship on some caribbean island. Got so many compliments and want to buy it again just to smell all te memories this parfume brings along.

funaholic88
funaholic88

I think this is the best out of her Glow line!The staying power is incredible.Perfect for clubbing or a night out!

Dian Dananjaya
Dian Dananjaya

i like this perfume..
soo beauty,fresh,flowery,fruity,powdery..
but classy..
perfect for night, perfect for all ages too..
its long lasting on my skin..

Starcrush
Starcrush

Given as a gift 4 years ago, it's my all time favourite fragrance recieve so many compliments while wearing it, it really agrees with my skin.
Very fruity and dark perfect for nights!
LOVE LOVE LOVE it

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

I love this one, and apparently the men do too! I received several compliments today, which was the first time I've worn this one. This is sweet, unique and sexy with a huge burst of passionfruit and musk!!!....I love it!!!! Good job J.Lo :-)

adele l
adele l

Like many jlos she is strident and assertive and a tad too sweet- but likeable. and i'm officially a perfume snob who has tried nearly everything! But damnit i like jlo's fragrances and i suspect she is quite involved in their creation.

From a guy's point of view, it gives me a quick 15 minutes of sweet fruity blast. Then it quickly turns into metallic powdery white flower cloud. Then it gets tone down a notch while vanilla'ish sweetness appears quietly. It all seems odd but alright. It lasts a good while and projection is good too. People around me can smell it without a problem. It's got something a little sharp here that I don't like. I think other Glow smells better.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

My favorite from Ms. Lopez's line of perfumes is "Live Luxe". So as a fruity/floral/gourmand lover I had to try this one. My mistake was buying it right out. Unfortunately my skin hated it and so did everyone I had smell it on my skin AND theirs. Therefore, I couldn't even find someone to give it to!!! Don't know what it is, whether it's the "peppery" notes at the top, but it induced headaches and nausea for me and everyone I asked. (And not many perfumes can do that to me.) I don't think it's my cup of tea. Be sure to test first.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Tried this over the weekend at Khols department stores. The opening is very fruity and loud I loved the opening notes. As it dries down it became a totally different scent. To me it smelled like a strong concentration of an expensive soap. It reminded me of the goat milk products. The scent has a masculine twist to it as well. I'm still deciding whether or not I like this. It's not bad smelling but it didn't fully like it to make a purchase. The staying power is superb. Will like to test again in the future.

Yonga
Yonga

I got this as a gift like 3 years ago, I remember really liking it. I remember getting a very nice compliment from a guy the very first time I wore it (I was on a flight to Port Harcourt from Lagos)... I ended up dating the guy... ooops!

evagetix
evagetix

I had it on last night and then i had a glass of red wine. it shocked me that this scent goes really well with red wine. it is as if u were drinking the perfume down your throat and the feeling was great. it's very sexy and the loudness of lychee and melon make it even more seductive. simply perfect!!

guest_alexanna7

Got it love!on me cherry lychee and white grage and moss.if u like cherry with a dark side,then that.s the one!yves rocher just have a cherry collection!if u want to layer a gd cherry lotion with it!verry pleased with j.lo. fragrances!

guest_fragranceaddict52
guest_fragranceaddict52

I loved this scent from the first time I smelled it. It's sweet, sexy, and enticing. It's the ideal perfume for when you want to smell irresistible. It's a scent that's more suited for nighttime than daytime. Simply one of the best scents ever.

nichick390
nichick390

Got it in a giftset. it is very dark mysterious and sexy! I lvoe the smell. Oerfect for a night out clubbing!

c3c
c3c

Very powerful opening, and at least on me, it remains strong and linear. The passion fruit is prominent from start to finish with other notes being strictly complimentary back up singers.
While I like it I have to be in the mood for it. If I am it smells really good. Sweet, hot steamy summer nights, tropical. If I'm not it makes me nauseous so I have to sniff carefully to see if it will work that day. A strange combination of "really like it" vs "makes me sick" but it's actually worth it for it's "on" days. Nothing else smells like it that I know, and it lasts (well o.k. around 4+ hours). You should definitely like passion fruit and sweet perfumes. If you do, it's worth trying.

secretcrush
secretcrush

Very strong at first spray w/ its loud fruitiness but as it develops u get more of its soft floral essences... I like this one but I have 2b in the mood for it... Less is more w/ this one so goes easy using only 2 spritzes at first...

guest_jj
guest_jj

i really didnt like it as one feels like entering in fruit shop.the smell instead of walking with you tries to ride u....

Anazap
Anazap

Adoro este perfume! É sensual e quente, uso mais no Inverno. Dura o dia todo.
De momento estou procurando um perfume idêntico mas um pouco mais fresco para poder usar na Primavera/Verão.

rmnelega
rmnelega

What can I say about this fragrance? It really got my senses!!!...I am fascinated by it, by its lasting power, by its scent, by its effects on everybody especially men... no more things to say!

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

AWFUL!!! Smells like a cheap Ambi Pur!
The bottle is nice, but the fragrance is cheap and ordinary. I don´t like this at all!

alexanna7
alexanna7

Armani code men meets euphoria women!sorry to compare,but for the reference,it's a good one!the cherry note and patchouli with some woods, smells good on me!love j.lo perfumes!different!

mandashell
mandashell

Hmm, this isn't bad at all. Reading some of the reviews I was expecting something dark and atrociously masculine but this smells good. ;') The first stages smell to my nose like cherry pipe tobacco. Later it dries to something warm and sweet yet musk and fresh. It has a good projection and great lasting power Wouldn't mind owning a small bottle for those sexy winter nights. ;'D My fave J-lo scent thus far.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Hmm I kinda have a different opinion on this about the actual smell to anyone else. The opening? Yes...it's very fruity and with most of her Glow scents (Barring the original) which is nice.. the passionfruit is prominent.
This kinda goes quite quickly with my chemisty and the dry down/dry stage is completley different. If you have smelled Love @ First Glow then..I would say that this is the most similar to that scent. It's a very youthful, very powdery scent. It smells like you've thrown a slightly fruity talcum powder all over your skin. The dry stage of Love@First has this same feel.

It Smells very very clean and would deffo be good for clubbing because you always get a bit sweaty when you go clubbing. This would be a good clean smelling idea to make you feel not so groggy!!

It's not my fave out of the set, Miami Glow is my fave but this one is probably a close second. The only one I havent' got is sunkissed glow. That's next on the list.

I can definately say that all of these scents are nice. Not one is horrible in my opinion.

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

It reminds me JP Le Male somehow. For the records, I hate JP Le Male but I like this. It's not so unique, you will get the scent of fruity and sweet notes in the opening and the sweety part will last.

guest_alexanna7

Got it on me now.and like it.she.s good at creating an ambiance.like this one is clubing for sure.a guy could wear this cause of the moss.makes me think of south beach and party in the night ...

NatWeb
NatWeb

The first time I smelled this I thought it was pretty average, nothing special. Then I used a department store tester one day and it really grew on me - I thought it smells like my skin only better. I bought a bottle on sale but it largely remains unused. It's a strong floral with a metallic look and feeland kind of makes me think this is what a trashy 19 year old who has just been out for a big night drinking then thrown up fruity alcopops everywhere smells like.

www.brittxxx.nl
www.brittxxx.nl

I block any of her smells.She has mink factory's for her fur jacket line.She is a horrible person and cruel to animals

I tried some of this today because my mum bought me it for christmas and wanted to know if i liked it before she wrapped it...IT IS AMAZING !!! it smells so warm and yummy ..light and fruity/floral but they don't stink , they blend together ..trust me buy it if it smell like it does on me you will be in heaven

MissB
MissB

This makes me feel very sexy. It's dark, and warm. Absolutely love it!

guest_takia
guest_takia

all of jlo perfumes are very unique i love them so much that i would lik to have them all

Kristel
Kristel

It’s a mischievous, charismatic and sheer floral fragrance that exudes a sexy vibrance. Absolutley sexy scent. Love the smell. Perfect for clubbing.

dioradddict
dioradddict

sour passionfruit on top notes, but i can´t stand the middle notes (that remember me the original glow which doesn´t matches my chemistry). the base is ok, comfortable and longlasting.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I really dislike this scent.I cant belive they would make a smell like it..It smells very strange and synthetic,i cant describe it.It is very sour also at the same time..A big NO to this..

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I initially smell fruits-melon mostly. Then I smell chocolate and coffee on me when wearing this attractive scent! Reminds me of a coffee shop. I also get a little floral but not much. Although this is more suitable for evening wear, I did wear during the daytime as I rushed out of the house without applying a fragrance one morning. Lucky for me it was in my bag from the night before Otherwise I would have been fragrance naked and I must have fragrance! I sprayed a couple squirts and was good for the day as it is a stronger fragrance. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received, mostly from male co-workers. I love the scent-can't get enough! Wish I had more.

tenten
tenten

Absolutely perfect for going clubbing and basically will not work in any other environment- Too intense for day wear or an evening out but matches the mood and vibe of a nite out on the town with ur gurlz partying, lookin fierce and feeling fabulous.

Men always love this scent and are intrigued because they've never smelt anything like that b4(true statement)

The scent has great staying power even after all that dancing and in comparison to the first glow it is the complete antithesis. The original glow smells like otaheiti apples- not so great! but this is sexy & mysterious in a perfect little package.

Great scent but wear only After Dark...when the party starts

lemonlavendergirl
lemonlavendergirl

i like this scent,But i don't wear it alot though,lol.its a nice smell but i sometimes forget i have it.its ok.

Glow After Dark wasn't really my cup of tea. In fact, I haven't actually warmed to any of the Glow fragrances from J.Lo, I much prefer the Live series because they have much more personality.

I didn't get much in the way of fruity notes when I first smelt this. The passionfruit was there, but it wasn't tangy and exotic like the actual fruit, instead it smelt rather synthetic and sour.

I was rather surprised that the heart of this fragrance, which was primarily beautiful floral notes, ended up smelling quite masculine. I'm guessing it was the patchouli and oakmoss trying to push its way through early on.

Seeming that I'm not usually a fan of masculine fragrances being worn by myself, this wasn't a winner for me. However, there are women out there that I don't doubt will love this scent. I guess everyone has their own personal tastes.

sharyssa
sharyssa

A very unique sharp fruity fragrance with some masculine notes it is a night time fragrance for sure and it is unique and long lasting.

noharadwan
noharadwan

i've just bought after dark though i've read thoses reviews b4 and frankly they werent so much encouraging for me!!

when i first apply this on my skin, i smell so much fruits and i was turned off !!! then i took a look at other perfumes,then i started to smell my wrist and actually , i was so amazed!!!!!! the fragrance dry down was awesome, now i can smell my favorite woodsy floral notes with a little powder, you'll feel its one of those rich perfumes

just give it a try and wait till you feel the real magnificent notes

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

This scent has DEFINITELY grown on me. For the longest time, every time I took a sniff of this in the store, I got very turned off by it cause to me, it smelled very masculine. I'm a collector of Jlo's perfumes, and it was very cheap, so yesterday I decided to give in and buy it... But now, I don't get masculine at all! I don't know why since it came out all the way till last week I thought it smelled so manly, but maybe it's because I've since looked up the notes to look for in it, so I can now recognize the different notes in it, I'm really not sure. Either way, I can now say I appreciate it.... I think this is one fragrance that needs to 'grow' on most people to appreciate, cause I've noticed most people don't like it. My advice is to just try it a few more times, give it a fair shot, it's really very fruity and all around pleasent and nice, if you just give it a good, fair shot:-)

Malibu

On first application GLOW AFTER DARK is sweet and fruity. Some people find it too sweet, and it did start to get to me after a few wears.
The middle phase is indefinable from the top notes for me. The fruit is too strong for me to pick up on the floral notes. I’ve checked the scent notes, and can see that 2 key scent notes that are in GLOW AFTER DARK are the same as the original GLOW, but this fails to remind me of the clean sophistication of the original.
I adore the soft base. The gentle woody notes finally gave me a sense of the original & best GLOW with their simple, uncluttered, cleanness.

I don’t like the space age, silver bottle. It sort of looks like something you’d find in a sex shop. If I’d been involved, I’d have gone for a nice smoked navy. Maybe I’d have thrown in some diamantes to replicate stars.

It’s a shame that they decided to make the fruit notes the sole focus, as I love the base, and if the middle floral notes had been noticeable the fragrance wouldn’t have turned sickly on me.

I think it’d be best to use GLOW AFTER DARK in the fall/winter as the sweetness in too much in the warmer weather. Good lasting power though

snobuni77
snobuni77

Well I have to admit,I bought a set of GLOW mini's after reading good reviews about Miami Glow.Well I hate glow & always have and although none of the other Glow perfume smell anything like the original glow I didn't like any of them/these at first either.

BUT
This one has grown on me.I have actually gotten many compliments from people as well.(including a 73 year old man & a 25 year old girl) so it is a universally loved scent LOL.
It is a darker floral fruity.Dark like CK 's Euphoria(doesn't smell like euphoria although).It is a great floral fruity because it is darker then the others that are out without being Too dark.

Kama
Kama

I had this perfume, but gave it away to a friend... for me they are too heady, too havy.... For me they are more Orinetal floral...
I really like them on my friend, but myself I cannot wear them as they give me headache...
Very sweet, floriental, heady perfume... great for going out.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I hate this. I tried this because the bottle,I though it be nice, but it gave me headache.
I think it's because I don't like Glow. I used to like it, though....

tangledvines
tangledvines

I thought the lotion smelled much better than the actual perfume. I didn't think they smelled alike all that much. I didn't care for this scent.

guest_MarieJ
guest_MarieJ

This is her best one it smells sooooo good and the lasting power is excellent and the bottle is pretty! What more do you need in a fragrance? And the lotion is just as good as the perfume!

mbrace23
mbrace23

im not normally a fan of JLo, just because I find her line to be a bit cheap, but I acquired a sample of this fragrance, and for some reason it blended phenomenally with my chemistry- people were smelling me all weekend in VEGAS- so way to go JLo!

liat
liat

Didn't smell a great resemblance to the original Glow, which is nice. This one I found smelling somewhat cheap.

guest_GiGi
guest_GiGi

I scratched the little scratch n sniff sticker on the box at the store and thought it smelled nice, but when I got it hom and actually sprayed it on, I found out I was very wrong. To me it smells like weeds. I gave it to my daughter and she likes it.

jonr951
jonr951

glow after dark is my favorite of the glows! its crisp and cool! i love the white cherry and chilled notes! its so diferent, almost even unisex. i think a guy could pull this off.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

Dear Papillon, No... This perfume is so different from Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy!!

amanda
amanda

last time i wanted to choose between this and jli live, and i realized that it was nice and fruity but somehow oldish, it remindedme of an old lady so i bought Live, and maybe i was in a bad mood or i dont know, maybe i have to smell it again because before i liked it a lot.

guest_Like it
guest_Like it

THis is so my type I can't stop smelling it. I love the smell of passionfruit. The perfume lasts long.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS.
It is sweet, fruity with floral bases.
delicious

Glow after Dark by Jennifer Lopez 3.41 out of 5 based on 593 ratings and 137 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jennifer Lopez Glow after Dark fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jennifer Lopez Glow after Dark, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Glow after Dark by Jennifer Lopez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Glow after Dark by Jennifer Lopez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.