Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Glowing Jennifer Lopez for women

Glowing Jennifer Lopez for women
dislike

Glowing Jennifer Lopez for women Pictures

Jennifer Lopez launches new fragrance named Glowing in the spring of 2012, representing a kind of continuation of the theme of the debut Glow from 2002. Glowing is actually a homage to Glow.

Glowing is such a clean fragrance. That’s what I’ve always been about. I like soapy, clean smells. This is a very woodsy scent. So it’s not exactly what I created 10 years ago — it’s the evolution of that. At the essence, it’s still natural, earthy, clean and real, but a little different side of that. It’s the woodsy side of it, which I think is kind of New York-y, darker and sexier”, said Jennifer Lopez to wwd.

The floral - woody - ambery composition is created by Calice Becker and Caroline Sabas of Givaudan. The top notes are fresh due to bergamot, mandarin and cypress. The heart includes accords of orange blossom, lily of the valley and cassia flower. Woody notes of sandalwood, vetiver and patchouli in the base are fused with tones of cashmere musk, vanilla and sultan amber. Lopez explained the slightly lavender color of the fragrant liquid by the fact that the fragrance contains a trace of violet in it.

The advertising campaign was shot by Solve Sundsbø. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum with 200 ml body lotion. Atomizers of the 50 and 75 ml bottles light up for 15 seconds after pressing.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Cypress

African Orange flower Cassia Lily-of-the-Valley Violet

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Amber Vanille

Glowing Fragrance Reviews

Orshi
Orshi

This for me wasn't love at first sniff but now that my bottle is almost finished, I can say that I really like this scent. It's very calming and peaceful. For some reason I think of meditation when I have this on.:)
It doesn't smell cheap, it's very good quality and quite unique in my opinion.

rye

That should be 'forgotten' not 'forfotten'. Proof reading skills may slip over the years as you can see!

rye

Vicitoria, why resort to maligning senior citizens in your comment? Are we, as women, so frightened of the aging process that we would rather be dead than become a smelly old lady? My mother is 98 years old and she has never "smelled" bad. Why do we do this to one another? Women do not go bad like some forfotten leftover in the fridge and start to stink up the planet after the age of 40.

My chemistry does not play well with this one or Deseo or any of her Live ones either but like them on others.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

This scent reminds me slightly of Celine Dion's Belong, but is shaper and stronger, sweeter and has a licorice aroma impression in the beginning that soon fades into general sweetness.

I don't get the coconut others talking about but it does have some tropical brightness in it.

Mostly it is sweet and woodsy, uncomplicated scent. Reminds me of air freshener (I really get the 'scented candle' part) but in a better sense of the word.

There's something slightly skanky in Glowing that I just can't quite put my finger on. I don't believe it's the musk so I think it may be the amber. It's what I call the "dirty panty" note.
Aside from that I mostly smell violets, but not of the candied variety, definitely floral. I'm also picking up a fair amount of orange blossom in the background.

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

This perfume is so lovely. THE creamiest fragrance I have ever smelled. The opening worried me a little the first time I sprayed it, I thought the citrus would turn sour, but it is gone so quickly. What comes next is so soft yet strong, creamy, sweet without being sickening. All the notes work together in such beautiful harmony to create an enticing aroma, with no trace of the typical"perfumey"
Smell most perfumes have. The drydown is woody, without being masculine. So clean. Most celebrity perfumes smell stale after about an hour, cheap. Not this one. Very long lasting, and a high quality. The bottle has a nice shape, easy to hold when I spray. The spritz come out nicely. My only complaint is the light. So cheezy and stupid I can't even handle it.

I have had this for as while, and I have to add a few thoughts. The dry down has been really funky lately. Like stale body smell. So, i have to take back what i said before, it is a celebrity perfume that smells cheap. It just takes a little longer than most to get there. Tried to use this as a air freshener in my car to see if it was my skin that was not agreeing with it. Now my car smells like beautiful spice, and stale body. Gross! I would definitely advise anyone to try this as a tester as much as you can before you invest in it.

ali50scentz
ali50scentz

This perfume is gorgeous, lily of the valley, cassia flower, cashmere musk, sandalwood and violet all stand out on my skin, so refreshing and clean, have had many compliments and I love the fact the bottle illuminates when spraying on, it lasts a long time and value for money, I bought this because of the good reviews on FRAGRANTICA, thanks

Tine1world
Tine1world

This a great copy of those heavier 90's, to be precise late 8o's and early 90's Samsara's and Dunes and Tresor's. All copies themselves of Fantasme. etc..
I need to vary my fragrance wardrobe. I like value for money. Sure the bottle is gimmicky. I wish I hadn't removed the battery strip. As I am pedantic on how I store and keep my Fragrances. Bit wary of the light's effect on the shelf life of the product. Mind you archaeologist's ate 3 thousand year old cheese found in terracotta vases stored in caves in the desert. So Perfume ought to keep that long too. For when I want a bolder statement. This is perfect. Specially if it's layered with musk and bergamot. It's not that bad. For some reason I detach myself with associations of celebs and their representations of fragrances, as it's the noses that create them not the identity associated with it. The fragrance is marketed under the Celebrities name. Not a representation of how they themselves smell. You make a fragrance yours on how you choose to incorporate it into your couture.
Glowing surprised me. I like it, and it's not easy for me to like these styles of fragrances.

Cheers T.

janelle70
janelle70

Being inclined to white floral accords, and as a first-time tester of a woody scent, this smelled really weird to me on paper and I didn't even prioritize testing this on skin until after almost a year. However, with Glow being my all-time fave, plus Sunkissed Glow on my want list for a few years before I got it just a few months ago, and with My Glow being a successful blind buy and Love & Glamour being a just okay blind buy, I thought, why not give this stinker a try since all the other J Lo's I've tried so far seem to agree with my body chem? (The discounts I got them at agree with my pocketbook too. :) )

After having this sprayed on my forearm, there was that strong weird smell again. The perfume left a shiny patch of oil on my skin where it was sprayed, so I predicted this was gonna be long-lasting. In fact, it outlasted 4 other scents I had tested at the same time. What's strange is, while I was "re-smelling" the scents on my arm, I felt drawn to this weird woody scent and kept sniffing.

If this is what a woody scent like cypress smells like, then Glowing has definitely made a proper introduction; and I'd be encouraged to try more woody scents in future. And I would get Glowing too at a discount. ;)

Jillita
Jillita

Agree with other reviewers; too powdery, boring, violet, too gimmicky. Like the designer lost interest and left out essentials. Pretty Deco bottle that lights up. I may use it as a Halloween decoration.

ETA: Nope. I was happily wrong. I gave this one time to develop and wear when temperatures fell. It has an interesting peppery floral in the dry down that wasn't there before. I think it's more elegant than I gave it credit for. It grew on me. And the violent disappeared with the summer weather.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

Ho-hum and weak. She has such a large, vibrant personality that I had hoped for more. Plus the glowing bottle gimmick is a little below her.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

As much as I love Jennifer Lopez fragrances I just can't get into this one. I have tried it many times and it just doesn't agree with me. While it seems that everyone else gets the cypress and sandalwood, all I get is a very powdery violet. This violet is in the same vein of Ellen Tracy's Bronze, another fragrance that is very popular and well liked. If you are a big fan of violet then this perfume is right up your alley. I would say definitely test before you buy. Glowing is a no-go for me.

polecat
polecat

This is the poor-gals Tam Dao or Hermes JeM. It opens cypress-sandalwood with soft underlying floral which develop into some slightly soapy powdery notes. It conjures to mind a courtyard garden lined with cypress with walls covered in soft pink flowers. Like all these woody feminine perfumes I find it's scent rather addictive.

The silage/projection is moderate and the longevity is between 5 and 7 hours on my skin.

The bottle design with the light is a little tacky, but the shape of the bottle is classic looking and not unattractive.

lizzie81

This is a beautiful clean, sandalwood, earthy scent. Slightly powdery in that it seems to envelop you and leave a powdery trail as you leave.

A slight hint of bergamot is detectable at the beginning and a touch of cedar throughout, but mostly cleanish soapy, powdery sandalwood! Gorgeous!!

Longevity is amazing!! :) xx

leavesofgrass
leavesofgrass

I really, really like this one, it's lovely. It reminds me of clean skin, in the same family of Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan, but more like a 2nd cousin once removed. It's soft, powdery, I detect incense especially if I apply a generous amount, and it's anything but overbearing. It's hard to overdo (not that I'm suggesting anyone drown themselves in it) but seems to last w/a hint of scent for hours. Overall I'd purchase it again. 4 out of 5 stars for me :).
By the way, I wouldn't regard this as unisex or masculine, I find it very feminine just a touch soapy which a lot of people associate with unisex/guy fragrances.

This fragrance has a gorgeous woodsy and musky texture. In sticking with that clean soapiness found in Glow, Glowing has expanded on it with some more woods and extra musk.

The super cool spray feature, (the bottle lights up when you spray), is a guilty pleasure of mine. It really does 'glow'. I kept putting off testing this fragrance thinking it was yet another run-of-the-mill type celebrity scent, but this fragrance is worth trying.

I can definitely detect the similarities between Glowing and Estee Lauder's Sensuous Nude. They are both lovely scents, but just remember, Glowing is half the price.

Glowing does tend to wear very much like a skinscent. Not that I mind. I actually enjoy its woodsy softness when worn on the skin. I think even those that detest strong perfumes, may actually enjoy wearing Glowing.

The lasting power is average and the sillage is of course soft. Not a bad fragrance from Jennifer Lopez.

miss sammi
miss sammi

I tried. I love the light :) but it ended up smelling like cheap sickly candy on me. Can't seem to find JLo perfume that works for me.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Okay, I admit that I purchased this because of the light! I actually spray it in the dark to get the full effect (hangs head in shame) but the perfume is surprisingly good too - after about 15 minutes. On the first blast I get a rotten fruit vibe but that eventually gives way to a soft, musky, woody scent that I can actually imagine JLo wearing. It just seems to go with satin, cashmere and soft tanned skin.

mell
mell

This is a surprisingly good perfume. After the first thirty seconds of meh it becomes a fresh clean woody very elegant. Slightly unisex.It settles into a warm ambery rich fume redolent of a lighter easier to wear and much cheaper Jeux de Peau.

love45
love45

JLo did a great job with this perfume because it does not smell cheap at all! I was really surprised with this scent and I am gonna buy one very soon!

Night Work
Night Work

Glowing

THIS.IS.BEAUTIFUL!
This fragrance is in my opinion the best to come out of Jennifer Lopez's collection of scents thus far. I must admit I purchased this scent because it lights up lol. I mean I know some people find that tacky but how often can you say that you have a fragrance that literally lights itself up. I find that so cool and fun. But the scent of this is simply beautiful and incredible. This is a simple fragrance, but its been constructed in a way that appears complex and quite sensual, there are a lot of layers to this scent but when you wear it, you wear it with total ease. The laidback and warm nature of this fragrance is what draws me in, it's almost like the type of scent I'd want to wear on a cold day whilst I snuggle up under a cashmere blanket. It's getting cold here in Australia so i will definitely be wearing this scent quite often. BRAVO to J.LO!

slobberchops
slobberchops

well I have the wonderfull lady whi I swapped with to thank for this purchase,the dear of her sent me a sample,if I had gone along with the notes I wouldn't have bought but oh my gosh this is lovely,i mean,its fresh,its delicate and very very creamy,it all blends so softy from one note to another,there are no sharp edges,it feels warm,its spicy and powdery but thank heavens it doesn't affect my rhinutus,and it lasts for ever,i got the 30 ml bottle as I don't want to buy big bottles and don't like bottles that light up,very very happy

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

Where to begin I love love love this scent it's so fresh and clean its amazing right after a shower makes u feel even more clean than u already are! This is a very heavy scent so u don't need more than 2 sprays at the most I can put this on whn I go to work at 8am and smell it 12 hours later so this scent has amazing lasting power I love it:) it's also a very woodsy scent 9/10

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I adore this. This is my first smell of J.Lopez line and if the rest is nearly as amazing as glowing i'm willing to give it a try.
As many of you said before said it's creamy and at the same time spicy. I like to wear it on sunny spring day as the warmth increases the level of spiciness. At the opening cypress is adding some kind of masculine note but it's gone as the smell settles down. This is definitely something i would not expect from celebrity perfume. I'm positively surprised. One of my favourites. Now i'm waiting when forever glowing will be available in Holland.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

Very nice. Smooth and creamy. A "dreamy" scent. On my skin the vanilla really stands out and I can't help but like it. This is one you can't stop sniffing!

shitmuffin
shitmuffin

Glowing was a blind buy for me, though from past experiences with J-Lo perfumes, they are really clean/powdery scents (which I love).
Glowing is not like anything I have smelt before, but is one of those perfumes I can't stop putting to my nose to have a sniff. In the bottle definitely not superior to other perfumes, but on the skin it is beautiful. It smells so clean, powdery and somewhat sweet. And has also lasted a good 12hrs on my skin.
It reminds me of 'Estee Lauder Nude' with a hint of 'Calvin Klein Beauty' that this could be my next new favourite perfume (both being my two favourite/signature scents).

And the bottle, I was shocked and pleased when I sprayed it and it lit up. Very cute.

Overall: very impressed.

I really like Glowing, in my views the best of JLo. The nose behind it has created glorious scents, like Kilian , so not surprised Glowing is a superior scent. It is warm, with a nice cypress note, which gives it a distinctive edge, it is feminine, smooth, and it smells plenty great. This is more grown up than her other scents, a nice escape from the tropical /girlish edge all the Glow line has. This is all woman, sensuous with a twist of brightness and chic.
Smooth and great.
I agree Glowing is superior to Sensuous Nude which is a tad metallic and harsh. Glowing is round and harmonious.

At the moment it seems hard to please me with scents. Maybe it's because I've tried so many already. J.LOs new fragrance really surprised me and made me buy it immediatly. I like the warmth and the woodsy notes in it. But they are soft and caressing and not loud and harsh. Still the scent is strong enough to wear. I can see why some say it's similar to Estee Lauder Senuous nude. I see the similarity too, but I think JLOs new scent is better. Recently I wondered whether to get one of the Senuous flankers, but the staying power wasn't that good, the price is expensive and the Senuous ones all had a somewhat nauseating note, I thought. J.LOs scent doesn't have this nauseating floral-orange-note and it seems to stay on well for its' inexpensive price. Well done.

TheScentWarrior
TheScentWarrior

This specific Jennifer Lopez fragrance will definitely capture one's attention. The simplicity of the bottle is beautiful. What takes it to an entirely different level visually is the cascading glow (hince why the perfume is called Glowing) that illuminates the entire Glowing bottle once you press the perfume sprayer. The "juice" within the Glowing bottle is a very clean and light mixture. The perfume smells very feminine, alluring, enticing and just all around yummy. :-)

muncierobson
muncierobson

This is my first fragrance from JLo and have to say, am really impressed!

Easily passes for a men's frag and has drawn many positive compliments!

The citrus opening gives way to an aromatic heart and a warm powdery base..

It is less 'in your face' and more 'quietly confident' than the original Glow, and is best suited to the (now) slightly more mature fans of the first fragrance.

I found it settled quickly on my skin, but it continued to garner attention from others for many hours after application, every so often I would catch a whisp of it and be reminded of how nice it was!

I like the 'illuminating' bottle, most people thought this was cool! I can see how some may find it tacky, but I didnt mind!

AssMaster3000
AssMaster3000

This is a very pretty, albiet simple, perfume. The gentle, wood and floral notes make it great for an everyday office fragrance.

However I really don't like the bottle. I like the 'glowing' concept, but the execution is awful. Pressing the atomizer turns the bottle into a torch and instantly looses all its maturity. Perhaps if the light slowly faded to bright and faded back to dark it'd be more appealing, but I supposed they had to go for the more economic option

dcookoo
dcookoo

I wasn't too sure what to think of Glowing on the tester strip, but on my skin it smells WONDERFUL. I kept getting whiffs of this lovely woodsy powdery smell throughout the day. As the day goes on, the smell kept getting better, the lasting power is pretty good. I think this is her best scent yet. I am a fan of her other perfumes, like Glow and Live etc. Glowing still has that JLo 'clean' smell that most of perfumes seem to have in the base, but not super clean like Glow, which is a slap in the face of soap. Overall, I am very impressed with this perfume and I shal be buying a large 75ml bottle when I run out of my 30ml.

My advice try is to give it a proper chance by tesing on your skin. It smells different when on a tester strip.

ravenwydd
ravenwydd

I bought this yesterday and I love it. I was at Kohl's and happened to pass a woman who had spritzed herself. The smell was so alluring. I have to say that I had overdone the spritzing and with this perfume, a spritz on both wrists is more than enough. I was hesitant in trying an "artist" perfume as my signature scent is Prada but I took the plunge and bought this. No regrets.

Jmnolan82
Jmnolan82

I found this scent to be light and pleasant when tested on a card, but on me, it was overpowering and nausea inducing. Not for me, though it smells nice on others.

scentchik34
scentchik34

I just bought this scent and I literally do not smell anything when I spray it on. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't get it because everyone says Glowing is a strong woodsy scent and my bottle smells lke water.

sugahuni
sugahuni

Smells quite masculine,although it is rather similar to Estee Lauder Sensuous which i have and adore,smells good.

caseyu
caseyu

smells just like Avon's Far Away exotic, but not as harsh, meaning silage and projection were tolerable, whereas Far Away is straight-up in your face mango coconut with musk. and noting the notes, no, they should not smell anything like one another, yet they DO. again this was just a smoother and lighter version.
and yes, for added marketing and novelty, the bottle actually lights up when you spray. go figure...

Paulinka.paja
Paulinka.paja

Can you tell me somebody please, is this fragrance very similar like her first one, I think Glow by J.LO? Thank you very much for answer.

lizzie81

I had to opportunity to try this recently as it launched in the U.K while i happened to be there (in superdrug for those looking for it). Well I can't give an in depth review as i'm back home now and it's not available here yet. To me this was a gorgeous powdery, cedary affair with a slight creamyness to it. Strong projection, although lasting power was not excellent on me. This is to my mind very reminiscent of 'Love & Light' and 'Deseo' or a mixture of the two even, (I might try that!!) so I did not feel the need to purchase seeing as I already have both of those (and I have to stop somewhere!!).

blueangel0313

Purchased this today after smelling this delicious scent. It smells so good in the bottle and the first few minutes of wear, but then boom.......horrible white diamonds on me. I am jealous of the ladies who can wear this scent, it just isn't working with my chemistry. It has to go back tomorrow.

Repogirl
Repogirl

This really surprised me in a good way. I have been a huge fan of the original Glow since its release. In general, I love fresh, clean, shower fresh, soapy, powdery scents. So I was expecting something similar when I heard of this fragrance. When I ran to Khol's to try this I was really totally shocked when I tried it.

I don't really think it has much in common with the original Glow at all, but I still like it. You can definitely smell the base notes in this - amber, sandalwood, musk. It's got spice to it, which is a big departure from the original Glow.

It has a really unique scent which is nice to find these days when everyone seems to be releasing green scents. Overall, I like this! I also like the lotion which does smell like he perfume in my opinion. Well done J Lo.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

As soon as I sniffed this I thought of DK Liquid Nude, Sensuous Nude, and Sean john Unforgivable Woman. Unfortunately, I can't find anything else to say about it. It's a dupe of too many others.

slone.8
slone.8

Okay..initial blast of the first 5 minutes...headache city! It did settle and morph into a heady floral sweetness, and the lower notes come out when it sits longer. It really is another celebrity fragrance related to Fancy Love, but it retains the original Glow close to the skin element. It is a bit deeper than Fancy Love and little mellower. The darkness in this is not like a dark wood but rather a skinscent musk and a mix of faint wood. Nothing too spectactular. I am a fragrace diva and wish I didn't buy the hype. I bought this fragrance online for 70.00 bucks, because I love the original Glow. This is a skip, until it opens up to a broader market or retailer, if I were to purchase it again. It is similiar to Sensuous Nude minus the coconut citrus top notes from the Estee Lauder line. Being honest, I would buy another bottle of EL over this in a second. There had been some comparison made to Cashmere Mist,which is in a higher end all together. I love CM and wear it often and can say that CM is 1000 times better in longetivity, sillage, and quality. I would gladly pay 70.00 for a small Cashmere Mist or Sensuous Nude. It is nice for what it is, but too overpriced. Let me say this, I love Deseo, Glow and Miami Glow, because they were so unique and were well made for a celebrity fragrance. She seems to capture essences for everyday glamour, however with everything available to her, this could have been a ground breaker. Celebrity scents could be well made, if they really smell what is already out there to and move from what has already been done.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I went 2 Kohls specifically 2 try this one and it was very well done but rather pricey... I found 2b very different from wuts out there now as far as composition... Its a very clean fragrance with a hint of spice and woods... May be a bit heavy 4 daytime 4 the timid among us but would b excellent 4 a summer night out... Still smelling my wrist as I'm typing this well over 5 hrs later :)

dkny27

I humbly broke down and purchased (a small bottle), even after my last review of the heavier powder dry down. I just can't give up the overall earthy cypress and amber, unisex layers of uniqueness this fragrance offers. Something about it completely captivates my senses over and over.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

Went to Kohls today for a mattress topper for my bed, and saw huge displays of Glowing, could not resist trying to spritzed a little on my arm and then continued on to the housewares area, kept getting whiffs of this wonderful scent, occurred to me it was coming from me! I went back to the perfume to spritz more before leaving the store..lol. When I got home I told my hubby and had him smell, he didn't give much reaction at first, then he went out in garage. Like 10 minutes later he comes in the house and is like "what perfume is that again?" and wanted to smell it again. He said "wow, you need to get that" Then I was like wow! If you only knew how many different perfumes I had him smell over the last year, and only very few catch his "attention". So it looks like I will be getting a bottle of this, but have to wait until I have extra cash since it's like a whopping $50! Smells BEAUTIFUL after it dries down, soft, clean, slight powdery..LOVE IT!

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is certainly different than any of JLO's other perfumes. It has a really interesting clean/spicey scent to it. It is the perfect combination of the two. I have to admit when I first put it on I really did not care for it at all but then a few hours later it dried down to a really clean/spicey scent and it just sits there and lingers. There is also something sort of tropical about it too almost beachy. Maybe some woody note? The lasting power is impressive. It just gets better the longer it sits on your skin. I am glad JLO got out of her tropical fruity rut and went for something different. Nice!
***I just wanted to add that the lasting power of this perfume is fantastic! I got 12+ hours out of it. I am so buying some of this!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!! *****

rasabert
rasabert

I tried this on today at Kohl's, and I really like it! To me the scent is similar to Estee Lauder's Sensuous Nude. Bottle is very pretty. I plan to buy Glowing soon.

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

I will agree and say that this is a clean scent- however, it is not boring. I wouldn't say it's an "old folks" fragrance either. It's classy. This would be a wonderful special occasion perfume- or even just going out with your friends to dinner. I would recommend at least sampling this at your local Kohls. Especially because they have a card with a sample of the perfume right now. This is pretty good in my eyes. Nice to see a celebrity fragrance putting some class into it. NOTE: SHE ALSO UPPED THE PRICE THIS TIME AROUND.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

hmmm... I hope when I'm an 'older retired woman' I don't suddenly have to give up all lovely perfumes and suddenly start wearing all the 'youngsters' rejects and stinky 'old' fumes...

madhatter1
madhatter1

Have some from Kohls...surprisingly nice and the hubby liked it!

Whit
Whit

The Kohls stores where I live finally got this. I was out and about and decided to give Glowing a whirl. It's really nice; I love the woody undertones. It smells clean and while I normally don't like "clean", this one has enough earthiness to keep me interested. This one kinda reminds me of "Love and Light", but with less floral. I bought the body lotion and IMO, I think it smells like the perfume. It's interesting that J.Lo has deviated from the tropical, fruity frags to frags that are earthy, woody, and floral; very different shift I think, but a good one. If you're looking for a clean, woody, slightly powdery frag then give Glowing a try.

danimcneil

Tovah..Im sooo glad you compared this to sensuous and cashmere mist as I did!!! It smells more and more like CM as it dries down to me though. I get absolutely NO BS curious (which I have and like too)..but thats cool that you did!

I just cant wait to get this gorgeous scent!

chio17
chio17

I love everything about this fragrance. The bottle, the spicy floral scent... Amazing! It's by far her most sophisticated scent. This, deseo and live are my faves!

danimcneil

I just wanted to add...jlo is definitely back in the perfume game after this! I'm so glad she put some time into this one and made an amazing and quality scent (the bottle does not do the scent justice! ) this is a WOMAN'S perfume. And makes me feel so sexy...

danimcneil

This is beautiful! To me it smells like an exact mix of estee lauders sensuous and cashmere mist. This is clean...but a very warm clean. I would say its a fall scent...and its very long lasting and sexy. My husband actually loves it! Definitely will be getting a bottle when I can...but just a small on since it lasts so long!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

This is Jennifer's most sophisticated and mature scent, In my honest opinion. I smelled it at Kohls and I would've purchased it yesterday when I smelled it but they only had the 1.0 oz and 1.7 oz bottles and I wanted to buy the big bottle of it even though I'm trying NOT to buy big bottles of things these days since I don't ever use em up but I did buy a big bottle of something earlier this month and I can't get a big botttle of THAT person's and not get a big bottle of Jennifer's. Thank goodness TODAY (3/25/12)I was able to find the big 2.7 oz bottle and lotion at another Kohls and scooped it up : ).

So, moving on, this scent, IMO, is the Great-Granddaughter of WHITE DIAMONDS by Elizabeth Taylor and the half-Sister of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. Two VERY different fragrances. I say White Diamonds in because of the strength and the maturity of the fragrance. It starts off smelling very.....older and very citrusy. Here is where Chanel Coco Mademoiselle comes in. The bergamot plays a game of Peek-A-Boo with you and there's a hint of powdery musk that fades in the background. This isn't a fragrance that I believe teens will love. (However, I am sure they will be intrigued by the bottle "Glowing")

If I had to choose which scent out of Jennifer's this is closest to, and I can do that since I've smelled them all except Deseo Forever and Eau De Glow, I would say this smells like Love and Light but they've replaced the berries and fruits with bergamot and other citrus fruits and they've upped the ante. This one is a lot stronger and wayyyyy more mature.

UPDATE: 4/26/12 (The Body Lotion)
The body lotion doesn't really smell anything like the scent. It is soooooooooooooooooo masculine, and the scent is kinda masculine, and smells like a man's aftershave. I really like it, though. Not thick but goes into the skin quickly. YESS! Jennifer Lopez is BACK!

SophieJ
SophieJ

Apparently this is only available at Kohl's (and online at places like eBay, of course). I tried it on today and though it's not my style, it's really great for a celebrity fragrance. The woody undertones are a nice addition to the citrusy and original "Glow" feeling of the fragrance. Just like the description says, it's like a more sophisticated Glow... Glow all grown up. The bottle is very pretty too! Only the bigger 1.7 oz and 3.4 oz bottles light up though, the 1.0 oz size doesn't have a light in it.

blueangel0313

Tried this perfume on in Kohls and it's really nice. It reminds me of Britney Spears Curious, but I like the Glowing much better.

Rachaelloraine
Rachaelloraine

My first reaction to this perfume was "spicy!"

I'm not fragrance expert, and I'm sure to some of your noses this is not a particularly spicy perfume... but it was the first thing I noticed.
I smell the orange and the spicyness right at the beginning.
Then I can smell the cypress. The middle is a woody spicy scent and the dry down is powdery.

The actual bottle was a good idea, but I think the light actually makes it look cheap. It's a bright blue light that clearly shines from the top (creates more of a ring around the top rather than glowing illusion). It reminds me of a glow stick. A warm yellow light would have complemented this bottle much better. Ah well.

All in all I prefer this over GLO, but not over LIVE(as far as jlo fragrances go).

Also, I am not sure when it actually comes out, but I work at kohls and we have boxes of the stuff waiting to be put out.

dkny27

Tried it on at Kohls, starts off young, with a pop of citrus. Settles into a warm, creamy musk but almost too powdery after an hour, like spilling a canister of spicy talc. Pretty, but not for me. It almost won me over until the powdery canvas kicked it. The bottle is something that deserves a double take, a novelty!

sharyssa
sharyssa

cute idea for the bottle but im tired of celebrity fragrances I stick to the original ones like glow and live, curious and sjp covet. i ended up giving away my bottle of love and glamour it smelled good but zero lasting power and I haven't tried anything but the oldies from jlo every since. If it ain't broke don't fix it! glow and live will be a permanent part of my collection as far as anything new if I see it I will sniff but im not going out of my way to do it.

jonr951

It's on Kohls' website. Finally. Haha. It needs to be in-store! I'm tired of waiting. Haha.

jonr951

So her new music video is pretty much an ad for Glowing. Haha! After watching the video, I'm digging the bottle now. I'm tired of waiting for Glowing! Haha! : )

Red Rose
Red Rose

The bottle reminds me of Elizabeth Arden splendor. I owned still jennifer lopez before & it was very pretty. I'll try other things from her line including this one, I think she's the best celebrity to make modern scents these days.

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

I'm gonna buy this, coz i am a big fans of J.Lo, her music, n her perfumes.. the only perfumes of her that i still don't have is Love&Light, Deseo (i don't buy it coz it's the same with Deseo Forever which i already have), Deseo for Men, n Eau De Glow

jenny23
jenny23

Hmm she just keeps them coming,Well I would like to smell this just because I own quite a bit from her already.

Glowing by Jennifer Lopez 3.72 out of 5 based on 202 ratings and 67 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jennifer Lopez Glowing fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jennifer Lopez Glowing, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Glowing by Jennifer Lopez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Glowing by Jennifer Lopez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.