Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Love at First Glow Jennifer Lopez for women

Love at First Glow Jennifer Lopez for women
dislike

This perfume is ment for very young women. The perfume is sweet and fresh; it evokes the magic moment of a young girl’s first love. Top notes include bergamot, neroli and peach. The heart note is full of jasmine, roses and freesia. The base is subtle and warm due to vanilla, musk and woody notes. It was created by Steve Demercado in 2005.

Peach Neroli Bergamot

Freesia Jasmine Rose

Musk Vanilla Woodsy Notes

Love at First Glow Fragrance Reviews

dazzlin9
dazzlin9

It used to be my signature scent :) now i'm growing up and it is not 'me ' anymore... but i still have it just for old time sake.. lovely scent :)

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

i imagined this to smell like a perfect mix of fruity and floral, but it smells like a hairproduct! like a hairproduct that you dislike the smell of. its one of the worst perfumes i have tried!

Zrye
Zrye

Where to start with this perfume...At first spray the bergamot, I'm guessing, gives it a sharpness, that is almost like stabbing your nostrils. It's very zesty!!! Very is an understatement! It kind of has this sharpness throughout but softens within a couple of minutes due to the peach! It's a rather beautiful fragrance. I think targeted you younger people. I just could see an old woman carrying this around, spritzing it on. The heart reminds me of fresh fruits and blossoms! It's really beautiful! Musk is kind of dominate throughout as well! This is a very unique perfume! I love it!

The bottle and packaging are cute! A clear pink bottle adorned with a cellphone charm which is absolutely beautiful!

I would recommend this to anyone wanting to stand out in a room!

hana pertiwi
hana pertiwi

i want this!!

pravda48
pravda48

I blind bought this for $17 @ TJ Maxx because I love JLo’s L.A. Glow and sometimes am in the mood for her Miami Glow or Deseo as well. Having read the fragrantica member votes on notes, I was expecting a floral but predominantly rose frag. (Since discovering I like a well done rose I'm on the hunt.)

What I got was a lot of zesty fresh bergamot and orangey-floral neroli up front. Throw in a handful of slightly peppery freesia blossoms, some juicy ripe peach flesh, a tiny touch of jasmine and rose petals and voila! That’s what I get here. Maybe the ittiest touch of musk/woods to balance the base, definitely an afterthought though.

I liked this MUCH more once I wasn’t expecting a rose perfume! It’s a lovely neroli-freesia-bergamot, for the most part. Soft and inviting, very pleasant, and NOT a little girly sweet ROSE BOMB!

P.S. I'm 23 and I can see a woman or girl of any age wearing this. It seems timeless; I entirely ignored the official description up top.

RueCambon
RueCambon

This scent is full of memories...remind me the time, when i live alone in my own first appartment and all the moments with my boyfriend (at the time, now is my hubby)...remind me the nice moments and bad moments, it s all memories...it s pretty scent and pn me is very long lasting...the body lotion contains delicate shimmer and it s perfect for summer...love!

riri92000
riri92000

This was my first ever "real" perfume that I got on my 12-th birthday and therefore it will always hold a special place in my olfactory heart. I do remember that it sometimes turned very chemical and reminded me off the smell of white cardboard, yes white specifically. I remember liking it very much except for those few instances when it turned to that cardboard smell.

DhoomGirl
DhoomGirl

First time I wear this perfume, it reminds me the Curious by Britney. but Love at first glow is more sweet, such a girly scent.

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

I don't know why, but after couple of minutes this perfume used to smell awful on me. Maybe it just depends on the skin.. However, I don't use it anymore and I don't like it at all.

Rosemayre
Rosemayre

Delightfully innocently feminine and long-lasting! The store where I purchased it only had an almost full tester left for sale! I hope it has not been discontinued! I could see this being my daytime signature wheras Viva La Juicy is for the evening.

energia
energia

My first perfume...I was so in love with one guy at that time...Memories all come back to me again. I'll buy it again just to remember old times...

KVM
KVM

i really love this perfume it's nice and light, and not too sweet.

rosembloom
rosembloom

For some reason, this one does nothing much for me. It is not a dislike but I have so many fruity florals with more 'punch' to them that I somewhat got bored by it. It does not last long on me but is an inofensive scent for those who like fresh and fruity pick-me uppers.

FloraBelle
FloraBelle

Smells like a beauty salon which is a good thing x

mamamarata
mamamarata

what to say. a stranger asked me what do i wear because he was so impressed by my perfume... he explained he wants to byu it for his wife::)).
i was +30 and this girlish perfume was very comfortable to wear and made me very sexy. want to get my 2nd bottle now, i'm approaching my 40th aniv and want to test that perfume on my husband:)

scunliffe
scunliffe

Absolutely hated it worked horribly with my body chemistry. Smelled horrible..way to strong would not reccomend!

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

This is a fresh, sweet perfume. I like that combination. It is one of my favorite JLo fragrances. Smells clean but not soapy. Lightly floral and sweet. Would buy again.

LlygaidSerennog
LlygaidSerennog

I'm not a huge fan of Rose, couple that with a powdery whiff and my nose starts to crinkle. I think my gran would like it though :( sorry.

iokasti
iokasti

I loved this perfume.I can't find it in the beauty shops though.

VeronicaPinkHeart
VeronicaPinkHeart

No perfume nescessarily has to be for a certain age!
This perfume totally smells like it can be very mature also. Its a nice gangsterish girly scent....can be worn by anyone from ages 16-34 and older, if you can pull of a really optimistic attitude. I have worn this fragrance since I was 13, and now I'm 15, but I'm usually into playful yet mature fragrances that aren't too sweet.And no, its definitely not synthetic-like in any way but very unique than most perfumes I've tried.

childofvenus6
childofvenus6

I blindly purchased the 1.7 FL. OZ. perfume bottle at H.E.B for $29.99 about two months ago. Have to say, there's hints of rose & jasmine in this fragrance. I find this fragrance to be most appropriate for use during the Spring for the reason, it has a light & fresh vibe going on that just seems perfect for this particular season. I spray on this perfume only on those days when I stay home & just kick back. It's not appropriate for work or going out. On a scale of 1 to 10, have to rate this fragrance a 3. Obviously, not one of my favorites. Nothing special going on with this perfume. Simply just another celebrity fragrance. I definitely don't intend to repurchase this perfume once I use up the bottle. Someone below commented that this perfume smells like toilet water. Now, that was hilarious...

puppygirl23
puppygirl23

my cousin has this perfume and it smells not to god and thats cause JLO makes good perfumes well this one smells like dish soap i think its not worth the money

lindsey88
lindsey88

bellalicious: I had this, and yes, I would definitely say it would be suitable, even perfect for an 11 year old. She'd love the bottle, and it doesn't smell too strong or grown-up. It's a pleasant, simple scent.

bellalicious
bellalicious

i really would like to know if this would be suitable for an 11 year old girl without it being offensive.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Love at First Glow is one of the few fragrances where you can initially smell the rose without it reminding you of an Old Lady. Love at First Glow, on the contrary, smells very young. Young, powdery, innocent. Almost like baby cologne. Sillage is poor, lasting power is poor. I don't love it, although it is very wearable. It will suit a young girl who's just beginning to wear perfume.

RNtobe
RNtobe

I used to love this perfume but as I have gotten a little older (only like 5 years) I just can't stand it! I don't know why. I mean, it was my favorite perfume and then it just changed on me. I think having a baby has changed my nose/chemistry. So now I have a BRAND new bottle and it was a waste of money. :(

tschiepchen

J Lo's Love At First Glow opens with peach, neroli and bergamot.
The heart of the fragrance features freesia, jasmine and rose.
Vanilla, musk and woody notes build a solid base.
On initial spray I notice a fresh, cool and crisp blast of bergamot.
It takes a few moments for the sweetness of peach and neroli to come out and play.
The top's refreshing character fades rather quickly but a prominent rose and a refreshing freesia take lead.
At this stage Love At First Glow is floral and powdery with a hint of sweetness which comes from the vanilla in the base.
It took a few hours before Love At First Glow surprised me with an incredibly innocent and sweet floral aroma.
The lasting power of this fragrance broke the 8-hour mark which is excellent and, to be honest, I did not expect.
The sillage is low which is OK considering the incredibly low price the perfume can be purchased for these days.
I wore Love At First Glow for a couple of days this week and my fragrance choice was complimented by a female colleague (30+), a male colleague (50) and my husband who said "You smell like a cloud".
All in all, this is a nice, safe fragrance.
Probably no one's favourite but definitely pleasant and good for office wear.

iChristineyap
iChristineyap

well i bought this last christmas and at first i liked it but as days goes in it became more cheaper and unlikely...but in fact,my mom whom is 32 loves it..i dont know why but yeah..so i exchanged with her hugo boss and hugo boss lasted fore a day..its nice.i am just 13..so i suggest,love at first glow is for those more adult =)

This smells really really horrible on me. I think scents with too much apple tend to go "off" on my skin. This smells like chemicals.

ClaireS
ClaireS

I love this perfume, it is so cute and tender, beautiful. The best from J. Lo!

Zinderella
Zinderella

Sorry, not nice, dull like melted plastic, very odd. I cant smell rose, peach or anything pleasant...
Isn't it intriguing how one perfume can smell so different to so many people.

takeasniff
takeasniff

This is love at first glow however love soon turns to irritation for me. I liked this in the store sort of like Versace Crystal. Very fresh, pink and pretty however, as the day goes on there is a screechy little gremlin which keeps coming out on my skin and all I want is to wash this off. It can turn a little stale as well. For me this just didn't stay fresh and pretty it turned very musty and plasticky which I rarely say about a perfume. If I buy a cheap perfume I don't complain I realise it is going to smell a little synthetic but this one is just all wrong. I wish she would discontinue this and keep the other nicer glows like Blue Glow and Glow After Dark. I know however that the perfume business does not revolve around me and there are many others out there who love this so good on you you go girls I am jeolous!! It lasts but just doesn't work for me.

PerfumeFanatic2874
PerfumeFanatic2874

it's an OKAY scent, does not last. i find a bit strong citrus in it.

neptune34
neptune34

I like this. It's a very innocent, flirty and clean fragrance. I can see how it smells synthetic to others but I like sweet, subdued scents like this.

kinsy
kinsy

This is a pretty smell! Sorta a girly girl next door type of scent.

This is one of the J.Los I do not like. It's flowery , sweet, synhetic, very drugstorelike.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This smells alot like some sort of suntan product that I just cant seem to put my finger on. I think it is perfect for Spring or Summer and popular to contrary belief I really dont think this is just for teeny bopper girls. I am not a teeny bopper by any means and I enjoy wearing this. Its gentle and light and pefect for a sunny day! Not as soapy as Glow and warmer and more musky.

New@thisperfumething
New@thisperfumething

This I picked-up from Marshalls 4 years ago because I like the packaging (lol) and it is still one of my favorites. It lasts all day on me. It's a spring scent and very, very youthful and the plus is that my husband loves it. The peach,freesia, bergamont, and vanilla in this fragrance are amazing. Love at First Glow is well worth it if you are into fruity florals and want to smell like a teenager in love every now and then.

Abby xoxo
Abby xoxo

I loved this scent when me and Emma sprayed it in Boots last week. I thought it was very young and hip and it has a sweet and delicate summery charm to it xx :D

krissycat
krissycat

Very "wake you up", refreshing scent. I love the sweetness of this perfume. I would have to say it is more a girly scent then a mature one. It is a very clean smell which reminds me slightly of a great smelling shampoo, but not in a bad way. I think it's a keeper

Scent-a-holic
Scent-a-holic

Sorry just not for me. At first test I wasn't quite sure but I thought I liked it. Well than I doused it on to really make sure like 2-3 sprays and I went on my way to see how I really felt about this. Sickeningly sweet, too sweet, just trying to get noticed all I could smell is I thought daffodils at the time now I see it was FREESIA. Overpowering freesia if there were roses they were waaaay in the background. Not a mature scent at all in my opinoin. But some may like it for sure it's all a matter of preference. I'm a huge fan of original glow so I like something more musky and earthy I suppose. Great silliage and staying power I had to get home and shower it off. If you like this kind of scent by all means it's a good value purchase for sure.

tschiepchen

I bought it unsniffed from the sale shelf.
It is a very young scent, but to say Love at First Glow is best suited for teens it wrong, I think.
There is a powdery and flowery undertone to the sweet scent which will make it perfect for autumn days.
I am actually looking forward to wearing it as soon as the last days of summer will be gone.

Juma
Juma

It's my daughter's signature scent Fruity, juicy and clean scent at same time- she's 22.
I admitt I haven't tried yet because I don't like girly stuffs but on her is adorable.

Lexxii
Lexxii

I really don't like this scent. it fell behind my dresser and I really don't care to get it out. Even though I'm a girly person, and a person who likes sweet things, this is too much. Best for Tweens.

nichick390
nichick390

I will not wear htis it lives up to it's name. I've wore this perfume and have had a boyfriend each and every time but wound up getting hurt or dind't feel the smae for them. Danger in a bottle fro mmy experaicne. have it sitting here next to me right now thinking evil perfume lol

guest_pinx_dvil
guest_pinx_dvil

I love this perfume!

Soph007
Soph007

This perfume was a little disappointing for me. I love JLo's perfumes but I really excepted a little more from this one. The main problem with it and it could just be my skin is that after awhile the smell completely fades off after an hour or so.

guest_s-ultra
guest_s-ultra

Oh Lord, im so disappointed :(
I expected more fruit and less jasmin.
I could swear there is a bunch of gardenia in it. Honesty i smell only gardenia and jasmin.
Not clean or fresh to my nose at all.
Smells kinda heavy and old.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

Clean, fresh, innocent. It does remind me of a young girl, of first love. It also smells like good, soft, girlie soap. I love the bottle. Love the scent. Fresh air on a spring morning. Love wearing it. Makes me feel good.

nisar bin naseer
nisar bin naseer

amanda is really good fragrance i like it to much it is something new fragrance for new generation. it is good for price and good for quality.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

light, fresh and sweet.
Such a love at first glow as its named.
great for summer.
not so unique and doesn't last long.
but still i like it!

edit: I've finished it monthes ago and now I really miss it. so sad it's limited edition.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is a very pleasing scent but not one of my signature scents. It lasts a long time surprisingly. It is a very pink floral.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I like this, I just got it today and I'd like to say..yes...even though this scent is not very very original in it's overal smell I think it's a really good example of what a Fruity/Floral should be. The transition from wet/fruity to dry/floral is really smooth. The wet stage is a nice bright fruity smell with the floral behind. I swear I can smell a melony kind of note in here, but the peach is defitniatley apparent, then the floral element takes hold it gets much stronger and I can smell the powderyness that tangledivines mentioned. It has a sort of fizzy powder when you smell it up close, but in the air around you it's quite an overpowering floral. It get's points for strength because it's got a kick and I don't need to use much.
It's definaitly a pink smelling fragrance but not in the cloying sweet way of certain scents. It's a powerful, pink floral with a slight fruit twist when it's dry.

Update 11th Jan 2012. So strange, I've never noticed the rose in this perfume as being predominant before, but..I literally have about 5mls left. I've just sprayed it and got an overwhelming rush of rose. It's almost like all the rose oil sank to the bottom of the bottle haha. It's made me fall in love with this fume and I'll have to get some more. Always such a good price.

I like it and it's now the 3rd Glow fragrance I own. After Dark is next on my list!

truffles
truffles

I bought this because I smelled it on someone and thought it was Britney Curious which I quite like. When I wore it however I wasn't impressed. It wasn't offensive but just smelled weak and not very well constructed to me. I gave it to my sister who really likes it. It's a neutrally one for me cos it's not offensive.

v_ritta
v_ritta

I bought it 2 months ago....surprisingly not only me who loved the smell but my mother as well...the smell was very light that i thought i was flying in the air =) especially when i wore it b4 going to bed...well, next time when come to purchase a perfume, i would gladly choose JLo Love At 1st Glow again..and this time i might buy 2 bottles,one for my mother of course! ;p

tangledvines
tangledvines

I like Jennifer Lopez and I adore her perfume Miami Glow, so I figured I'd probably love this too. Well, I like it, just not loving it. It has a clean, fresh, scent and it smells good in the air around you, but when sniffing your wrist the smell seems somehow different. It's more powdery and I am not a big fan of powder scents. But it's still a nice perfume. It's just not something I would rush out to buy.

If I had to choose the best out of the Glow series, I would most likely say Love at First Glow.

Unique, it certainly is not, however the scent itself is quite pleasant and pretty. The fruits are not overly strong, just soft enough to compliment the floral notes.

I would describe Love at First Glow as being fresh and somewhat clean smelling. It reminds me of the scent of freshly washed hair and aromatic soaps. It is also sweet without being too overbearing.

Unfortunately I find this fragrance to be a little synthetic. The blend of jasmine, rose and vanilla just doesn't seem to convince me.

The lasting power is surprisingly quite good, however on my skin the drydown turned out to be a nightmare. I can only compare the basenotes to something that smelt like moldy, unwashed socks. However, I assume this was due to my skin chemistry and not the fragrance itself.

Overall, Love at First Glow is a nice scent, mostly marketed towards younger consumers. In my personal opinion, I find Jennifer Lopez's Live series to be much more enjoyable and daring.

shadyisme
shadyisme

a friend gave me this bottle when it came out and it smells so good...I love the Glow bottles!!!

Erinshea
Erinshea

I bought a gift set that included four small bottles of the "Glow" perfumes---Love, Miami, Original, and Glow after Dark. Of the four Love at first Glow is definitely my favorite. I tend to gravitate to sweet, floral/fruity scents, and this perfume definitely falls in that category in my opinion! I like the small sizes of the gift set bottles---I can take them around in my purse to refresh.

christina~xoxo
christina~xoxo

so fresh and clean..i use this on my hair when i skip a day of washing and it makes it smell fantastic! FAVE :)

Ladyjay
Ladyjay

I have to admit that I like this scent. I love Paris Hilton's Heiress and to me Love at First Glow smells exactly like Heiress. Very, very similar.

guest_nsk
guest_nsk

I love it!!! very fresh and the bottle is really cute ;) it's a shame that's descontinued...

snobuni77

I have worn this a few more times & I wanted to add to my review below.It is still very fresh but I would say it is mainly a peach & rose scent with lite florals in the backdrop.The peach is the most prominent note but the rose follows very closely making it a perfect & light combination of the two.

It is a very innocent perfume & it would be great for a young girl,but I also love wearing it & I'm 29.

It just smells good

It is a sweet perfume but not a gourmand sweet.It is also very feminine & pretty.

Malibu
Malibu

I’m very disappointed by LOVE AT FIRST GLOW.

I’ve either loved or at the very least liked all of Ms Lopez’s other fragrances (Except GLOW AFTER DARK). Since this is another GLOW spin off I thought I’d notice something along the original’s clean & fresh theme...

There’s nothing fresh, clean or sexy about this; it’s definitely a case of a spin off too far.

I’m really struggling to describe the fragrance, it’s just a artifical ‘mess’ of overpowering floral to me. I can’t pick out the individual floral notes or the promised peach or vanilla.

I did get migranes whenever I wore LOVE AT FIRST GLOW, it's way too strong.

On the plus side; the lasting power is good & I found the Barbie pink bottle to be a cheery edition to my dressing table. (I was given a bottle as a gift, so had to wear it on occasion).

I read that this scent was marketed towards the under 20 crowd. Personally I think this is too strong a fragrance for younger customers.

Cherub573
Cherub573

Fresh fruity, with a touch of rose. This is the only Glow fragrance I would wear, I can't stand the others (Miami Glow starts out nice, but quickly turns soapy, like the original Glow). I think this would be good for someone in their teens or early 20's. This is unassuming, girly, and fresh... but rather generic.

snobuni77

This is a very rosey scent but not strong or anything like rapture & red door which I would call rose scents as well.

This is a nice girly concoction that would suit a women of any age.It all depends on what your into.

Women that like light breezy fresh florals will love this.It is a little to basic for me though

siskakak
siskakak

I love it...my friend love it!!

guest_Marie J
guest_Marie J

Found this at Aj Wright and bought it so fast I was so exited! Got outside to my truck and opened and sprayed and was waiting and waiting I couldn't really smell anything! So I exchanged it for Live Luxe! I am happy with that one! And why does this bottle look so generic!Is this like the worst perfume by Jlo? I like all her other ones!

mushichka
mushichka

it smells like peaches to me - sweet and light :)

liat
liat

Somewhat "teenagery", isn't it? Great for all those lil' sisters & cousins.

dioradddict
dioradddict

it´s really light and sweet, smells like shampoo... i gave it to my 15 years old cousin and she´s in love with love at first glow...!!

amanda
amanda

one of my favourite jlo fragrance, i like it because rose smells out a strange and interesting way

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

Its kinda ok, but not my favorite. I prefer still

Marianne
Marianne

My second favourite scent- light, sweet, like fresh air.

Love at First Glow by Jennifer Lopez 3.41 out of 5 based on 303 ratings and 74 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jennifer Lopez Love at First Glow fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jennifer Lopez Love at First Glow, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Love at First Glow by Jennifer Lopez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Love at First Glow by Jennifer Lopez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.