Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Jess Jessica McClintock for women

Jess Jessica McClintock for women
dislike

Jess by Jessica McClintock is a Floral fragrance for women. Jess was launched in 1995. The fragrance features orange blossom, woody notes, hiacynth and lily-of-the-valley.

Orange Blossom Woody Notes Hiacynth Lily-of-the-Valley

Laura Ashley No. 1

Jess Fragrance Reviews

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

I recently purchased a bottle named Modern Jess by Jessica McClintock. The bottle is square like the lily of the valley JM fragrance with the lace top. but the bottle and the box is creamy colored, instead of white.

I don't know if this 'Modern' Jess is a new rendition, a new formulation, a flanker or a different bottle of the original Jess.

I could not find reviews for this Modern Jess bottle. One of the side of the box lists the following notes:
Top notes: Italian Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Violet leaves
Heart: Jasmin Sambac, Rose, Hyacinth, Tuberose
Base: Vanilla, Peach, Sandalwood

To my nose, the fragrance is quite close to the original Jess, pictured above, which I still have and preserve in a very dark closet.

This Modern Jess is heavily sweet and creamy, very close to what others have described as heavy Hyacinth and therefore very close to the original Jess. There's a heavy dose of Jasmin. I can also smell but not as strong tuberose. It does settle to a heavy vanilla as well. It is not for day use. Don't overspray this one. It is strong. I don't smell any violet leaves on top or lily of the valley in the dry down in the new version. That lily of the valley in the original Jess allowed it to stick around longer than the modern version. I enjoy this but not for everyday, which is what I feel for the original Jess. If you cannot find the original, this would be a close one second. This is also similar to Laura Ashley No. 1.

Calvini
Calvini

Don't waste more than $40-60 on this.. It smells like a mid-end commercial fragrance; the notes are not realistic at all (instead very perfumy) and definitely not worth hundreds of dollars

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Jess By Jessica McClintock

Notes: Orange blossom, Woody notes, hiacynth and lily-of-the-valley

Spring is here. The 1st of May and this fragrance is a herald of spring in itself. The bottle is charming. This is purely a floral fragrance of spring flowers. Lily of the valley is what most people associate with spring florals. This has a lovely lily of the valley scent. Around it are fragrant flowers of orange blossom (another scent that evokes the spring) and hyacinth. Because this scent does not have the top middle base formula structure each of the flowers are detectable and there is enough time for you to smell them. It is linear however and the scents do not evolve as time goes by. It's all there from the beginning to the dry down and finish. The dry down is just woodsy, soft and lovely woods. This scent is not a powerful floral, just a sweet and lovely fragrance not too far from the likes of Waterford Lismore only more woodsy and not as aquatic. Beautiful and enchanting.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

A beautiful floral fragrance of lily of the valley hyacinth and orange blossom. In my opinion Jessica McClintock has done such a wonderful job of creating memorable and very well made floral perfumes. All of them evoke a more elegant and glamorous, uncomplicated life for a woman. Today women have it harder in so many ways. Perfumes are one way to cope with challenges and trials in our lives. This is a calming spring time smell of flowers over woods. I can smell the hyacinth and the orange blossom first. The lily of the valley seems to appear at the end right before the dry down with the woodsy notes. The scent is linear so all of it comes to you at once and not in stages. It's a beautiful romantic perfume. I have received many compliments on it. It sells for a very high price on Amazon.com although I bought mine for a bargain price 2 years ago from a friend. You might still find it on ebay but if you really want it you have to pay between 100 to 150 bucks or more which I think is reasonable. It's really worth it. A very enchanting fragrance.

Lucky7z
Lucky7z

This one was a major favorite of mine in the mid 90's!!!!!!!! On me it was a sweet honeysuckle-ish scent mixed with Hyacinth & orange blossoms!! Could be a little strong if you over sprayed on on you but omg it was a wonderful spring scent! It had excellent staying power.

I went through a few bottles of this but I kept my 1st bottle of its just because its so pretty!!!!

lindafoley58
lindafoley58

I love this fragrance when it is first sprayed on and I love the intense smell of Hyacinth, but when it dies down it becomes too powdery (at least on me).

o.k. I'm going to revise my statement. I sprayed the fragrance for a second time and I guess that was the charm. I finally got the fragrance to hang around and sustain it's original "first spray" smell. It also lasted longer. So now I will have to either spray and wait or apply it heavily.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i get orange and hyacinth. the orange is a bitter orange on me. underneath it i get the woody notes. overall i think its a pretty nice fragrance, though a bit too floral for me. like it needs some something more. a nice springtime fragrance. fine for office as well. i imagine a woman in jeans and a blouse. its a good everyday fragrance that is no hassle.

carrieruble
carrieruble

This was my SIGNATURE fragrance for years! I couldn't believe it when I could no longer find it. I always got compliments; people said things like 'you smell so pleasant' and 'what are you wearing, it's so fresh?' Why do the good ones go by the wayside. This is NO WAY offensive or heavy. It is so feminine and a tiny bit flirty in an understated way. Love it.

redliz
redliz

Nice fragrance! I smell peach and vanilla in it as well.

adair58
adair58

The mini bottle is just about as pretty as the full size; I've loved it forever as it is a mellow floral and lightly sweet, not as much lily of the valley, more of a hyacinth in the garden. Some woodiness, to balance the sweetness, like a walk in the woods in Spring. I have the splash and just a couple of drops LAST! It doesn't project all that much after the top notes, just settles down nicely. Quite feminine and gentle, lasts 4-5 hours and is almost a skin scent at the last. Lovely, like that Spring walk.

Carabella
Carabella

Just a note to add to what other people have said, but: The sillage lasts for DAYS. I think this is a very good thing in a discontinued scent, that HTF 1.7 oz bottle is going to last a very long time.

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

Wow! I really LOVE this one! I don't understand the previous comments regarding sweetness and heaviness because I don't find it sweet or heavy. It is miles less sweet and heavy than the majority of the floral fragrances I've encountered in my search for a new signature scent. I wish there were a sweetness scale that we scored fragrances on. If the sweetest I ever smelled is a 10, then this one is a 2. Bear in mind that I generally only endeavor to smell floral fragrance types.

This fragrance is a completely inoffensive type that stays close to the skin and has little projection. It only lasts on my skin for two hours, but lasts longer on clothing. The opening is a powdery hyacinth which is not at all loud or screechy, and it's mellowed by the other notes. The most interesting part of this fragrance is the fact that the wood note complements the flowers so perfectly. It is a completely amazing wood scent that smells just like my husband's shop when he is building furniture. I just love the smell of freshly cut fine woods! Recently, he made a chest with walnut wood and I'm sure that's the note that I smell in this fragrance!

Hyacinth has a reputation for being an overbearing flower when it comes to scent but this hyacinth is an exception because the emphasis is on hyacinth's earthy side rather than on it's sweetness. I grow hyacinths in my garden every year and this fragrance has enough realistic hyacinth fragrance to be recognizable but not enough to be like the real flower. Now, a real, live hyacinth blossom in front of one's nose...the delft blue to purple hued type...my goodness, that kind of flower scent would be overbearing.

I'm so sad that this is a discontinued fragrance! It's still available on eBay, though.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Very sweet on me (a bit too much), less lily-of-the-valley than the original. Pleasant.

calb39
calb39

This has been my favorite since it came out, very clean, feels like you just took a long hot bath!

817flowers
817flowers

Love this scent. One of my faves. Just got a friend a bottle for xmas as she loved what I was wearing. Just beautiful to wear.

essija
essija

I had this years ago. I rec'd it as a gift and only wore it b/c it had my name on the bottle. Other than that this scent was not my type, too bad.. It's floral and went on heavy.. The bottle lasted forever. If you like florals you might want to try this out.. NOthing exciting to me..

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jessica McClintock Jess fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jessica McClintock Jess, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jess by Jessica McClintock. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jess by Jessica McClintock represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.