Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Jess Jessica McClintock for women

Jess Jessica McClintock for women
dislike

Jess by Jessica McClintock is a Floral fragrance for women. Jess was launched in 1995. The fragrance features orange blossom, woody notes, hiacynth and lily-of-the-valley.

Orange Blossom Woody Notes Hiacynth Lily-of-the-Valley

Jess Fragrance Reviews

lindafoley58
lindafoley58

I love this fragrance when it is first sprayed on and I love the intense smell of Hyacinth, but when it dies down it becomes too powdery (at least on me).

o.k. I'm going to revise my statement. I sprayed the fragrance for a second time and I guess that was the charm. I finally got the fragrance to hang around and sustain it's original "first spray" smell. It also lasted longer. So now I will have to either spray and wait or apply it heavily.

sharyssa
sharyssa

So rare gold by Avon copied from this bottle lol

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i get orange and hyacinth. the orange is a bitter orange on me. underneath it i get the woody notes. overall i think its a pretty nice fragrance, though a bit too floral for me. like it needs some something more. a nice springtime fragrance. fine for office as well. i imagine a woman in jeans and a blouse. its a good everyday fragrance that is no hassle.

carrieruble
carrieruble

This was my SIGNATURE fragrance for years! I couldn't believe it when I could no longer find it. I always got compliments; people said things like 'you smell so pleasant' and 'what are you wearing, it's so fresh?' Why do the good ones go by the wayside. This is NO WAY offensive or heavy. It is so feminine and a tiny bit flirty in an understated way. Love it.

redliz
redliz

Nice fragrance! I smell peach and vanilla in it as well.

lollipopsneeze
lollipopsneeze

If you love Hyacinth as much as I do, this one will not disappoint..The bottle is so gorgeous in person too! I have an old bottle of this and it barely has any juice left...Makes me feel so mad! Why do they discontinue the good ones? Anyway perfume collectors, if you ever run across this bottle snatch that baby up! Jess is a hard perfume to describe, because it's just so lovely, the hyacinth is not over-done here, it's just warm, seductive, & peaceful like the flower itself...

adair58
adair58

The mini bottle is just about as pretty as the full size; I've loved it forever as it is a mellow floral and lightly sweet, not as much lily of the valley, more of a hyacinth in the garden. Some woodiness, to balance the sweetness, like a walk in the woods in Spring. I have the splash and just a couple of drops LAST! It doesn't project all that much after the top notes, just settles down nicely. Quite feminine and gentle, lasts 4-5 hours and is almost a skin scent at the last. Lovely, like that Spring walk.

Carabella
Carabella

Just a note to add to what other people have said, but: The sillage lasts for DAYS. I think this is a very good thing in a discontinued scent, that HTF 1.7 oz bottle is going to last a very long time.

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

Wow! I really LOVE this one! I don't understand the previous comments regarding sweetness and heaviness because I don't find it sweet or heavy. It is miles less sweet and heavy than the majority of the floral fragrances I've encountered in my search for a new signature scent. I wish there were a sweetness scale that we scored fragrances on. If the sweetest I ever smelled is a 10, then this one is a 2. Bear in mind that I generally only endeavor to smell floral fragrance types.

This fragrance is a completely inoffensive type that stays close to the skin and has little projection. It only lasts on my skin for two hours, but lasts longer on clothing. The opening is a powdery hyacinth which is not at all loud or screechy, and it's mellowed by the other notes. The most interesting part of this fragrance is the fact that the wood note complements the flowers so perfectly. It is a completely amazing wood scent that smells just like my husband's shop when he is building furniture. I just love the smell of freshly cut fine woods! Recently, he made a chest with walnut wood and I'm sure that's the note that I smell in this fragrance!

Hyacinth has a reputation for being an overbearing flower when it comes to scent but this hyacinth is an exception because the emphasis is on hyacinth's earthy side rather than on it's sweetness. I grow hyacinths in my garden every year and this fragrance has enough realistic hyacinth fragrance to be recognizable but not enough to be like the real flower. Now, a real, live hyacinth blossom in front of one's nose...the delft blue to purple hued type...my goodness, that kind of flower scent would be overbearing.

I'm so sad that this is a discontinued fragrance! It's still available on eBay, though.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Very sweet on me (a bit too much), less lily-of-the-valley than the original. Pleasant.

calb39
calb39

This has been my favorite since it came out, very clean, feels like you just took a long hot bath!

817flowers
817flowers

Love this scent. One of my faves. Just got a friend a bottle for xmas as she loved what I was wearing. Just beautiful to wear.

essija
essija

I had this years ago. I rec'd it as a gift and only wore it b/c it had my name on the bottle. Other than that this scent was not my type, too bad.. It's floral and went on heavy.. The bottle lasted forever. If you like florals you might want to try this out.. NOthing exciting to me..

Jess by Jessica McClintock 4.26 out of 5 based on 43 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jessica McClintock Jess fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jessica McClintock Jess, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jess by Jessica McClintock. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jess by Jessica McClintock represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.