Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Jessica McClintock Jessica McClintock for women

Jessica McClintock Jessica McClintock for women
dislike

I have it: 338 I had it: 237 I want it: 132 My signature: 17

Jessica McClintock Jessica McClintock for women Pictures Jessica McClintock Jessica McClintock for women Pictures Jessica McClintock Jessica McClintock for women Pictures

Jessica McClintock by Jessica McClintock is a Floral fragrance for women. Jessica McClintock was launched in 1988. Top notes are cassia, basil, ylang-ylang, bergamot, black currant and lemon; middle notes are jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are musk and woody notes.

Cassia Basil Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Black Currant Lemon

Bellagio

Jessica McClintock Fragrance Reviews

Soignee
Soignee

I like this perfume. It has a lovely fresh, clean, floral scent, which is good the weather is warm. Unfortunately it only lasts 2.5 or 3 hours on me.

jake.shouse

i never had much luck with JM but will retry it does smell like summer their is just so much lemon and citrus!

gfp
gfp

a summer and spring scent. no doubt about it. can be used also by women aver 20-25 years old . very fiowerish and freshy (but not in a sour way). you can use it generously and still it won't be intrusive. great value for it's price.

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

I think this is such a feminine floral scent, ive never owned a bottle of this myself, but its my aunts favorite perfume and she loves lily of the valley. Id like to get a bottle of this someday.

krmarich
krmarich

I was given a big bottle from around 1990. It very well may have come from 1890. This has a very retro character that seems very removed from its decade of origin.

OK this is the signature scent of San Francisco. All of the ornate Victorian houses and its classical feminine graces. One can almost sense the fog descending with this perfume.

The first thing that comes to mind is Dior and its lily of the valley. Only this is a very California interpretation of that flower. This is not Diorissimo or even Miss Dior for that matter. No, she has a very California style that is somewhat distant and white washed. I just cannot put my finger on it.

Something just doesn't work here for me. I am a lover of florals yet this is not quiet a floral. I keep getting a dyer sheet effect. Its more like a mist that suggest flowers, yet my nose keeps getting turned around. I want to love this but cannot.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Lovely lily of the valley and jasmine scent. Yes definitely agree about vintage component, romantic, pleasant and warm fragrance. I would classify it as white musky floral. Musk and jasmine for drydown. It has that clean shampoo like quality about it.
Moderate silage and longevity, about 4-5 hours.
Wonderful surprise:) Got it after looking for lily of the valley scent, and this was one of the recommendations, quite affordable too.
I've been dousing myself in it for the past week, very comforting and relaxing.
Great buy!
Thanks to All Fragranticans for talking me into it :P

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

If you are a die hard vintage perfume fan you are going to love, love, love, this fragrance.
This is such a step back in time that I almost cried for lost years and wonderful memories.
The initial spritz is sharp, citrusy, herbal and oh so green! I get aldehydes in the composition which are not listed and lots of white florals and musk.

The overall smell is sharp, soapy, aldehydic, clean and floral. This is a step back in time to shoulder pads, big hair, perms and Dallas!

The fragrance is great for the summer months and will smell divine on certain body chemistry.

The longevity is wonderful, this perfume is top class and has that Diorella sort of vibe.

pamelamadhamma
pamelamadhamma

This is my all time favorite scent. I bought it years ago, just before my wedding and have worn it faithfully ever since. It is absolutely my favorite, not only because of the excellent combination of scents, (primarily lily of the valley, citrus, rose and jasmine) or because of all of the compliments I get from complete strangers when I wear it. It's because I feel like a million bucks and about 5 inches taller whenever I give it a squirt.

browneyedmama
browneyedmama

Instant headache, and that was only with one tiny spritz to the wrist. Was so excited upon purchasing because I could smell the citrus, but once on my skin the citrus was nowhere to be found and all I could smell was green floral :(

Renata tang
Renata tang

so dior

redheadedplums
redheadedplums

When I was in my very early 20s an older admirer bought this for me along with a lot of other expensive gifts. I did not reciprocate his feelings and even after accepting his gifts after much insistance I never felt ok with having them. One of the gifts was a large bottle of this perfume along with the black cat satin sachet gwp set. The perfume was beautiful but I could not enjoy it until now, years later, after buying it myself.

The smell is intoxicating. It's like a big fresh wedding bouquet of white floral in spring. It's so preppy and romatic. I am in love.

If this is an 80s scent it would be something I imagine Molly Ringwald's character, Claire, from The Breakfast Club wearing.

Serpentime
Serpentime

This is probably the first proper perfume I've owned. As a teenager I drowned myself in it. Something I now regret because to those not wearing it, this stuff can be pretty strong. It's a strong white floral scent. I love it but I don't wear it as much as I used to. Perhaps out of shame from the days I practically showered in it. It doesn't change much from initial spray to wear down and in that regard it's a bit boring but I still love it.

pipergirl
pipergirl

This goes on a harsh, sharp mixture of white flowers & citrus - almost vinegary. But it settles down pretty quickly and develops into a fresh, lovely floral that is just a touch spicy. I like it and next time I see it at one of the discount stores I'm going to get a bottle. This will be especially nice for spring/summer.

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

White floral and citrus. Light, non-aggressive, feminine, kind of romantic. Decent sillage considering how ephemeral the predominate notes are. Probably a good date/wedding scent.

Fell in love with it in the late 1990s and have consistently kept a botle scent. REALLY afffordable on Ebay!!

jake.shouse

This is a summer scent I will wear it when it gets hot when it is cold it doesn't hold like it did in the heat! Still really like it pretty scent!

Sahsha
Sahsha

I thought I should give this one a try, and boy did it knock me in the face!! this is one expensive bottle of pure insecticide. the combination of citrus and lily of the valley simply doesnt work.

mikicat65
mikicat65

If ever I really HATED a scent, it's this one! The slap-in-the-face frangipani top note is just too much for me, but then again, I hate frangipani in any scent!!!

aqua76239

I wrote a review on this already(down below) but I just saw it at discount store for half retail price so I decided to try it.
You have to like florals and the lily of the valley. Its very fresh, clean, and green scent. One spray on my hand easily lasted half a day which is no small feat because my skin does tend to eat perfume.
Its still horribly hot and humid in my area so this is perfect.

stormyla
stormyla

I had several bottles of this back when it was introduced. I remember being wild about the scent through the first bottle and part of the way through the second. Then all of a sudden I couldn't stand it any more. It could have been that the scent was just too powerful. I remember it as being a very overwhelming floral which made me smell like a walking bouquet. I struggled for a few months to use up the second bottle and gave the unopened one to my mom. She used it up but never asked for a replacement as a gift.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

I can see why some compare it to Coty's Muguet De Bois, because of the lily of the valley note...but this fragrance has extra notes in it that make it somewhat smell like spicy lily of the valley. I don't get a 100% true lily of the valley flower scent like I did when I wore Muguet De Bois. I don't really like Jessica McClintock. I re-purchased it at a cheap price through ebay, to give it a second chance, but I now remembered why I found it to be just an ok perfume. I don't plan on re-purchasing it again.

txchococat
txchococat

I love lily of the valley, but I agree that it has too much citrus. It just doesn't wear well on my skin.

katoy4
katoy4

I love lily of the valley and jasmine so why don't I love this perfume? Aha, I figured it out - it is the lemon that for me, gives it a harsher and synthetic edge and combines with the flowers for a bathroom cleaner vibe. Moving on and thankful I only tried a small sample first.

surfworld1
surfworld1

Wore this is High School. From what I remember, it was definitely a jasmine tone. Light fragrance but lasts all day.

aysel yilmaz
aysel yilmaz

Very very jasmine...

This smells like Easter, church and the May Crowning.
If you enjoy lily of the valley, you will enjoy this fragrance. It is truly the star in a fresh, clean and slightly soapy way. The other notes simply serve to support it.

jake.shouse

Horrible too soapy and green! Worst Lilley Of The Valley perfume ever don't waste your money the best Lilley of the valley perfume is Estee Lauder Beautiful Sheer try that one it is light and sweet yet has better staying power than JM!

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

Jessica McClintock--or any of the flankers--always reminds me of Easter flowers and spring weddings. The original would make a lovely bridal scent, I think.

The lemon is the first to arrive. It bursts through the door and sprints right past you, however--like a child. The jasmine and lily-of-the-valley are the couple, who linger at the door to greet you properly. They enter and make themselves comfortable with you. Jasmine is reserved, and interjects only when it feels it needs to. Lily-of-the-valley is the one who carries the conversation. You almost feel as though you'll never get a word in. But you're with wonderful, well-matched, comfortable company, and you wonder in the back of your mind why you don't have it over more often. Echoes from the cheerful, playing lemon can be faintly heard.

I would call it an untraditional white floral. I would classify the sillage as between moderate and heavy, and the longetivity as moderate.

ss143
ss143

I was hoping for this to be a beautiful lilly of the valley scent bought it and all I get is an overwhelimng fragrance of jasmine nothing else. I could not stand it so off to my mothers collection it went. The search continues

aber19
aber19

I tried the beige Chanel today and it was very similar to the above fragrance. Yet, while paying $350 for Chanel, this is far cheaper and lasts longer. This is a good value for money.

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

Apply sparingly! A beautiful fragrance but very potent and can easily be overdone. Even one full spray is too much for me; I have transferred some of this wonderful scent to a vial, so I can dab just a bit on.

aficionada
aficionada

I don't know how it's possible that I never tried this perfume before. It's DIVINE! It's not overstated. Makes you feel beautiful, feminine, and classy.I can't stop smelling myself: this scent is simply heavenly. Want to hope they'll never discontinue this fragrance. The lasting power is great. Apply sparingly.

shoshana25
shoshana25

Why, oh why did I wear this fragrance today? I'm obsessed with smelling myself. It's distracting me from working because it's soooo damn lovely.

Summergirl
Summergirl

My fav for spring time but not a winter scent - too fresh for that. Love it though and have strangers asking me what it is as they follow me around. Easy to overdue it though - then you just reek like a flower shop.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This is like waking up on an early spring morning... you just awoke by the first sunbeams coming through your window. The curtains are still closed but are highlighted by the sun. You jump out of bed to open the curtains and welcome the sun to fill up your room... outside the trees and flowers are still covered with dewdrops... evaporating slowly as the sun continues to rise... you open the window and also the smell of spring now enters your room...
Yeah, to me this is what the scent is all about!
The ultimate spring morning captured in a bottle!

opioded9
opioded9

love it!!!!! have for years.its a very clean smell.

feathers
feathers

You're not the only one with mixed emotions...you're not the only ship... adrift on this ocean...I want to smell that sweet freshness that can only be imparted by the lily-of-the-valley...however...-This is a super-harsh white floral...and I am as sentimental as they come... this is Cristalle without theChanel price-tag...It's a bit sharp on the citrus note, but as long as there is something herbal around the lemon,I think I can handle it..but no...after several hours of wear, the tenacity of the limon wears me out... it's not worth the few precious moments of Liliy you are bestowed with...Just my opinion, and I am a true devoted fan of JMC. I Love natutral basil, maybe someday I'll find a perfume that truly reflects my love of this aroma, but JMC did not work out here...as far as the musk factor....yes, it's definately got some musk thing going on ,but it fails to incorporate with the whole lemon-basil theme...if I were some kind of perfume-savant this is one formulation I would totally re-visit..A fresh, floral beauty unintrrupted by artificial concerns; and wholly interested by the new/fresh sort of combinations that are ripe for the picking in this arena of an artistic endeavor.... Sweet enough for the florals, but fresh and invigorating like a brisk spring morning. Really nice, innocent and beautiful smell.

4scents
4scents

Beautiful flowery perfume that makes me think of springtime all year round whenever I wear it. No headaches and many compliments received. Price point fits within budget and well worth purchasing if you are into florals. A perfume from the past that can be easily worn in the present.

windyhaswings
windyhaswings

I had a bottle of Jessica in the early '90's, and though I would need a whiff to refresh my memory, I recall it was very feminine and pretty...I also remember it garnered a lot of compliments from strangers.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is probably one of the best lily of the valley scents out there. If it is a favorite note of yours you should at least test it. It lasts a long time and projects well without being too strong. Definitely a lighter scent for day wear -- I can't see it bearing up too well at night even with the jasmine buoying up the lily of the valley.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

It's like a shabby chic room with white furniture and fluffy pink pillows....so lady like and sweet. In my opinion, this is a year around perfume. In the summer with your white shirt and skirt, in the winter worn with soft sweaters. Jessica Mclintock when I was growing up was an upscale brand. I don't know if it still is but I do know that this perfume has stood the test of time.

Happy Perfuming!♥

Fragrance
Fragrance

Nice feminine perfume...This is not a modern perfume,but beautiful in it's own way... Lily of the valley is the most noticeable note here..for me it's more like a spring perfume since i think it's too strong for summer days.... lasting power is really good..

lollipopsneeze
lollipopsneeze

Jessica McClintock is a gorgeous floral perfume..I always smell lily of the valley and night blooming jasmines with a hint of fresh mint for some reason..It's a big and beautiful perfume no doubt, but there is no way I could use this perfume everyday..It's too much of a "special occasion" perfume to my senses, I smell it and just think "wedding"...I prefer "Jess" to this one, it's less formal and easier for me.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

A lady I work with wears this. It smells extremely similar to Diorissimo. In fact, I have asked her if she is wearing Diorissimo... twice... hehe.

hawkinsk3
hawkinsk3

My ex was in LS Ayres shopping with his sister around Christmas time in 2001, and I happened to be there at the same time shopping with my brother. We hadn't seen or talked to each other in over a year and a half.

The story is: They were walking by the fragrance counter and he told his sister that he smelled me. A few minutes later, my brother and I rounded the corner! We talked for a while, and ended up getting back together that same day. I wish the story had a happy ending -- we got engaged the next year but broke up a few years later.

The perfume that he smelled coming from the fragrance counter was Jessica McClintock, my signature fragrance back then. Though we didn't work out, it's still one of my favorite stories, and just like him, this fragrance will always hold a special place in my heart.

cinema1974
cinema1974

This was pure 1980s flowers! If you love flower in your face this is the one... I spray it in my rooms in my house and it lingers like a room spray... I do wear it in summer... and it so strong that the bees in my back yard love me... so it a nice scent for a flora perfume...

pansylady
pansylady

This is a lovely lily of the valley soliflore- except for some light musk in the base notes, it's muguet all the way- and my favorite one, so far-

I wish it had a bit more potency- it quickly becomes a skin scent on me-

Linden
Linden

Beautifully fresh, airy, white floral with a touch of creamy musk and charming, oldworld elegance. The soft woody notes add a very natural quality to it that makes me think being in a garden surrounded by actual lilies and jasmine, and clover, although not listed. Refined and very feminine, intense and long lasting but not overbearing.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

This is a very light and pretty lily scent. The lilies smell so real I feel like I have a beautiful vase of them on my dining room table as I write this. This is very fresh & clean. I can't imagine anyone would ever find this offensive. Perfect for spring and summer and like others have said this is not a cloying scent.

aqua76239

There are certain fragrances that invoke memories for me and this is one of them. I first smelled it when I was in my early twenties, just finished college and had my first "serious" job as assistant manager in a retail store at the mall. There was Jessica Mclintock store there that sold all the special occassion dresses and every time I would pass by I always smelled this very soapy clean fresh floral scent. I didn't realize until later that salespeople there would spray this scent in the air all over the store, I just thought it was air freshener or something, LOL.

So ever since then, when I smell this, I think of that time when I was just starting out in my "grown up" life and everything was so new and exciting. I don't wear this scent but I think its a lovely.
If you like fresh florals or soapy scents, this would be a winner for you. Lot of people compared this to Diorissimo but I don't see the resemblence at all since Diorissimo smells mostly of lily of the walley and it doesn't smell soapy and clean the way JM does

caca102
caca102

Yes it does resemble Diorissmo, except that this is cheaper, slightly sweeter and lasts longer. JC is more feminin while Diorissmo is almost masculine on me. It smells sophisticated and fresh without being "old-lady"-ish. It is definitely floral but not nauseatingly sweet. It literally smells like a flower garden dominated by jasmine and lily of the valley. Love.

redrose
redrose

Very flowery,clean and feminine fragrance.Nothing complicated just bouquet of fresh flowers mostly lily of the valley.....

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

A lovely, fresh scent. When I first sprayed it I was immediately reminded of Coty's Muguet de Bois...with Lemon. A very sweet, natural lemon. As it dried down, I began to sense a deeper, richer scent, which at first disturbed me, since it was at odds with my Muguet memories. Gradually I came to recognise it as the Rose. Which I also love. It all fades rather quickly on my skin, though the lily-of-the-valley continues to appear sporadically. Quite a pretty, classic, atypically natural scent. Definitely ladylike.

suiteladybug
suiteladybug

Lovely, crisp, clean scent that lasts and lasts. You can smell the flowers and fresh cut grass and it's perfect in hot, dry climates. I bought a white silk blouse to commmemorate buying it!
Jessica McClintock It reminds me of one of those high end boutiques for women.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I used to love Diorissimo years ago, and this is pretty close to what I remember it being. I also have had JM throughout the years, and picked up a bottle at TJMaxx cheap this spring because I wanted a lily of the valley scent. It smells the same to me as in years past. Which is decidedly not the case with Diorissimo. It is a sweet, gentle and primarily lily of the valley scent. If you like that, this is perfect and affordable.

Very heavy on the lily of the valley, but what makes this slightly different is the noticeable citrus note. Even as it dries down, the citrus is there, and keeps this very fresh and cheerful. This is a refreshing cool floral, suitable for spring or summer.

Carnation
Carnation

If you like lilies of the valley, you will like this.
It opens with a lemon and then quickly fades into the aforementioned flower. I do detect some musk in the drydown, but the lily is so dominating that you really have to try to pick up the other notes after the initial spray.
This is a nice spring/summer scent, perfect for afternoon tea or attendance at a wedding. Definitely for daytime use.

ChristineR92
ChristineR92

LOVEE this perfume . It smells very floral, green, sophisticated, and lady like. The bottle is cute too!

LIN
LIN

I love it i love it i love it! so light white floral but lasts forever on the skin, hair and clothing! I love that it's very clean and you can smell with no doubt the jasmin and the lily of the valley. It's very bright and light but stayes forever and have a great sillage! It's actually very fresh and young and not 80's at all! I believe that it would be great for work as well as for a romantic date. This scent gives me a very optimistic and romantic mood and i try to spray it on me everytime i'm down... so i will feel much better in a minute..works like charm!

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I have a friend who used to wear this perfume. It smelled great on her. Puts me in the mindset of a big, beautiful bouquet of white flowers. I found it very alluring and classy and I would venture to say that it's one of my favourite perfumes that I've ever smelled on a woman.

jhinampas
jhinampas

I wear this yesterday and we have a tropical country. When I opened the bottle for the first time, I thought I kinda smell my Auntie's wardrobes back from Ca. I tried it on me and I kinda don't like it yet.. Sprayed thrice and I think I lost the aroma of it after an hour but then this perfume stays so long on my skin until 8hours. For the silage, I'm not yet sure and I don't feel sexy or special when I wear this... I'll give a try again tomorrow maybe I'll love this stuff. IMO it's for mature women.

Fonna
Fonna

Lemony, and cooling down with green, then it was gone.
Like some aircraft blasting me with lemon peels for about one minute, it overwhelms me, and I faint in a field of lemon peels and herbs, and then I was no more.

Very sharp citrus, turns a watered down green, and then fades away very rapidly, which is too bad, as it would be a nice warm weather fragrance for some, but not for me.
Reminds me of Diorissimo.....a lot.

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

I have it...I dont want it.. Mom in Law gifted... Tooo green... Tooo floral... stuck with it... Nice..not for me though :(

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I'm always on the look out for a new scent. That said, lately I am disappointed by what I'm smelling and I continue to reach for my bottle of Jessica M. It's a happy fragrance, smells yummy on my skin, stays with me a long time, and every-time I wear it I get so many compliments. A great classic in my opinion.

LadyGNotGaga
LadyGNotGaga

I like this in small doses. Gwen Stefanis LA LAMB is very similar. Lily-ish and a bit of chemical undertone. My mom says there was a bathroom cleaner which smells similar and it ruined it for her but fortunately I have never smelled that.

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

I was in a store today and gave a sniff to Ralph Lauren Romance and thought it smelled just like JMc! I sprayed a paper strip and took it home. Three hours later and it still smells like JMc to me. I can detect a little less of a sharp lemon note in the RL Romance, but otherwise I think they're real close- and there is a resemblance to Clinique Happy as well.

I think the scent of Jessica Mc is absolute perfection! I've heard the rule of thumb that citrus scents never last well, well, JMc defies that rule. This scent is a green one and yet I have never cared for those. So, how is it possible that I love this one? I think there must simply be magic in this!

P.S.
My mom tried it on today and it changed when it met her body chemistry. It changed into something unpleasant in less than ten minutes on her skin, so be sure to try it before you buy.

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

This is a lovely white floral perfume with exceptional longevity. I get mostly lily of the valley and lilac from it so its not a particularly complex composition, at least to my nose.

For me this has great sillage too so I am very wary about over-applying. One or two sprays a day max. Much as I love the heavy hitters, I always fall prey to headaches with most of them and need my cologne water in between for a few days breather. Not so with this one, as long as I stick to my one spray. I am delighted to find a strong fragrance that's also kind to my sensitivities.

Another reviewer described it quite beautifully as reminding her of pure white sunlight. The kind of imagery this fragrance evokes in me is of a softly sunny day in the country, drifting lazily on a river in a boat under green overhanging trees. A day when I just want to sort of drift and dream and be pleasantly tranquil, indeed just be.

Tovah
Tovah

This is an absolutely stunning floral; an unforgettable one-of-a-kind beauty. If you love heady while florals, this fragrance is the queen of them all! The strongest notes for me are muguet and jasmine, but the basil and lemon are outstanding. This fragrance can be much too strong if overapplied, but if sprayed with a gentle hand, it smells like a coastal garden. This isn't my idea of a romantic scent, it's more in the "just stepped out of the shower" category. It smells "traditional", along the lines of Diorissimo, and it's truly lovely. It's not a "me" kind of fragrance, but I always enjoy getting whiffs of it on others.

JESSICA MCCLINTOCK reminds me of barbie dolls. Not the sort of perfume which curvaceous Barbie herself might don—wouldn't she really prefer ANGEL?—but the sort of fragrance which little girls who play with Barbies might wear. Little girls being groomed by their housewife mothers to become good housewives one day. They also have Easy Bake Ovens and little bottles of nail polish, like the toddler daughters of a former colleague of mine. He brought them to work with him one day (his wife must have had an appointment at the beauty parlor), and I was a bit taken aback that these little girls, barely able to talk, had chipped polish on their tiny little fingernails. Small wonder that nearly half a century after the ratification of the Equal Pay Act of 1963, women in this country still earn only 77 cents on the dollar paid to an equally qualified man for performing the very same work. But I digress...

The flowers here smell more like lilacs than anything else to me, but all in all, this composition strikes me as quite juvenile and not romantic at all. The manufacturer's card boasts that this perfume is "the fragrance that whispers romance...," but to me it just whispers: "Shut up and go clean your room!"

artsymom
artsymom

I don't get an alcoholic (vodka) scent at all from this perfume. It's all sunshine and new spring flowers and one of the only predominantly white flower fragrances I like. Very feminine and unique!

Pari88
Pari88

Veryy green scent. I get lots of lime and flowers, it gives it this strange vodka scent, Yuck!

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

I discovered this scent back in high school, the year it was introduced. It is one-of-a-kind! My mom has worn it since the late 80's and it is her signature scent. It is part of her now after all these years, and her whole wardrobe smells of this perfume (in a good way!) I get her a bottle every year for Christmas. It is one of the only perfumes that doesn't make her eyes itchy and watery, for whatever reason. She will try a squirt of whatever perfume I have, and she has a reaction. So, back to this Jessica McClintock fragrance she goes...for 20+ years.

misskcat
misskcat

i bought this for my Mum and she fell in love with it immediately....this is her fav perfume...and will always remind me of her..smells like an English Summer Garden in Bloom. i love it!

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

I had a sample size of this maybe 15 years ago and really liked it. But...it can be really strong on some people. My advice is, apply it sparingly until you see how strong it is on you. It's not really strong on me because I have very dry skin.

But, one time I was on a plane, and one of the flight attendants had a *lot* of this on. I like it, but, in a confined space, it can be a little heavy.

madhatter1
madhatter1

This is a nice scent when I smell it on others but not on me. However I liked Jessica McClintocks New Victorian scent...now that worked best with my chemistry. They need to add that scent summary on this site too as information.

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

I used to love it. I want to love it still. Unfortunately, when I try to wear it now, I get a massive headache-inducing sneeze fest. I still have a soft spot for it and I'll still pull it out and sniff every once in a while. Alas, it's just too difficult for me to wear anymore.

Edited: Ok, so I'm coming up on my 12th anniversary and I'm feeling nostalgic. I wore this when we first got married. In fact, it's one of the things we bought when we returned some duplicate wedding gifts! Maybe I used a lighter hand when applying today. Maybe the perfume genie granted my wish. Whatever it is, I'm not getting a headache or sneezing my head off from this perfume! I feel beautiful and feminine. I am in heaven!

cisco
cisco

For some reason, perhaps Lilly of the Valley, this reminds me a great deal of L'Air du Temps. On me, this has better sillage and lasting powder. This is an excellent, cost effective Summer scent.

melbritt24
melbritt24

Very soft, feminine, light, and classic! My ex-boyfriend's mother's signature scent. I sampled hers...lovely and unoffensive. A great scent for daily use. I just ordered a sample on Ebay to have when my lily of the valley craving strikes!

anraneiro82

ok, so i actually sampled it on my own skin. smells so pretty and light! i hold my opinion that it smells similar to gap heaven, which i used to wear and still love! i joined perfumesforabuck.com and got the sample from them. awesome! this is great year round, but especially for the summer and spring. it's versatile, feminine, light, and airy. a classic for sure.

anraneiro82

this smells very feminine light and pretty, perfect for anytime. a friend of mine wears this and she smells wonderful in it. it reminds me of gap heaven.

krissycat
krissycat

I don't know why but on my skin this perfume smells VERY much like lilacs. My favorite flower is lilacs. We used to have a lilac bush in our yard and I couldn't wait for every spring for the lilacs to start blooming. After smelling this scent it brought me right back to that lilac tree years ago when I was a little girl. I have no idea why it smells of lilacs when lilac isn't even a listed note. Nevertheless I really love this

one of my all time favorites. i love lily of the valley and this is such a clean pure version of it. the fragrance stays, i love to give my hair a spritz of this one and use the body cream on the rest of me. perfect.

jwaters36
jwaters36

My mom wears this perfume and it smells nice on her. It has a very light, floral scent. It is not a very strong perfume, but it does have a lasting scent. My mom bought me a bottle of my own for Christmas and I have worn it a few times. It seems to me that it smells better on older women. Don't get me wrong, it smells good, but I am only twenty years old and I am looking for something a little more fun and sweet smelling.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

I wore this on my wedding day and I am so glad I did. It goes well with THE white dress. At first spray I thought UH OH too sweet and white floral-ish but within 5 minutes I was in love. I made a superb choice for that special day. its just feminine and beautiful simplicity all rolled in one.

nanster
nanster

I just tried this today for the first time. It started out very sweet and flowery, but has dried down to a creamy, soft floral. I can smell the jasmine. It's very pretty, and I'd probably wear it in the spring and summer.

This is my favorite white floral perfume. And I'm actually not into white florals. I've never smelled a white floral quite like it, without being overpowering as white flowers can be. It's like a lily-of-the-valley bouquet with lush green notes...summery and clean, like pure white sunlight.

atmosphere
atmosphere

To me this smells like.......soap! And I like it. It reminds me of those expensive bars of soap because this perfume is so very floral yet fresh at the same time due to the citrus notes.
A few hours later, when it's tamed down a bit, it smells like nice scented lotion. I know perfume can be worn by
anyone of any age, but this ,for me, is definitely a mature scent.
This is very good for daytime use, and the sillage is excellent, too. More than one spray would be overkill.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Would you believe that my 3year daughter love this! So I will use her words...

''Mama it smells like flowers that fill a theater for the ballerinas before the show, so they can dance around them(flowers) and after the show they give them to the people. Tomorrow when the ballerinas go back to work the theater have no more flowers but you can still smell them''.

So in translation I'm guess she's saying it has huge flowers that have amazingly powerful sillage.

dena2
dena2

I received this perfume.I like it;I like lily of the valley.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Jessica McClintock is a very ladylike scent with a Lily of the Valley note that is soothing. It is not too strong and seems delicate. I wore it when it first came out and I really liked the soft scent that reminded me of my mother's Lily of the Valley growing in our yard. It smells like the first whiff of spring to me. The body lotion is nice too. I used some of the body lotion on my mother when she was very ill and in the hospital. It was so nice after all the icky hospital smells. I think even the nurses caring for her enjoyed the soft scent.

nyoka
nyoka

This is a lovely white floral with a little spice.The woody drydown is my favorite.THe woods and musk blend seamlessly into a great day time scent.Its kind of like a baby Fracas.Any age could wear,if ur past that fruity smells the same phase.It is very potent and long lasting.Sillage is good.

guest_Vanillabean
guest_Vanillabean

My aunt wears this perfume. She is 65. I went into her bathroom one day and sprayed some on for fun (I like testing perfumes!). My immediate reaction was, "Ick, old lady perfume." But after about 5 minutes I was left with the loveliest white floral fragrance. I think it's cool that a 60-something woman and a 30-something woman can enjoy the same perfume.

Blissful80
Blissful80

I love Jessica McClintock it is a perfect perfume to wear in the spring and summer. To me, it smells like... you know how fresh white roses smell?? How they have that clean fresh smell when they have been watered? This smells like fresh cut white roses with a herbal touch and a little bit of lemon! I love it, My boyfriend likes it too, he always says I smell beautiful and clean when ever I wear JMc. I can apply the lotion after I shower and spray on the perfume after I dress and it wakes me up and makes me feel fresh all day long. I also want to say I have a cat and sometimes I wear perfumes she might not want me to touch her lol but when I wear this I noticed it doesn't bother her at all. If you don't like heavy perfume this is a light fresh scent for people thats sensitive to stronger fragrances. I really love the lotion! I've never tried the body wash but the lotion really makes this lovely white floral last a longtime. Use the lotion with the perfume it makes it last longer!

guest_naiada
guest_naiada

I have always admired the trail of JM on others, even confused it with Diorissimo once, it is very floral and feminine lilac and lily-of-the valley scent. Alas, on my skin after a few pleasant minutes it develops some weird smoky funky notes, it just smells strange, flowers atop of smokehouse smell. I guess I am one of the unluchky ones whom this fragrance doesn't suit. Still, like to smell it on others.

Rachel4576
Rachel4576

I love this perfume....it reminds me of my sister's wedding...she wore it for her wedding day and it's light and floral and wedding-y...ON the RIGHT person...on the wrong person it smells like floral covering up body odor or something....

seaghostdusk
seaghostdusk

I had read many compliments about this scent,so I thought I would try it. I tend to like woody scents the most so I don't think this is on the top of my list. This one is too floral for me. It reminds me of a field of honeysuckle--sweet,strong,and very floral.

adianty
adianty

dreamed about these perfume! ordered on-line shop, waiting for a parcel worried ...... but ..... NO, NO, NO !!! I do not smell((( sprinkled on the wrist and one hour later tried to wash it with soap and water. we must admit that perfume is very long-lasting - even after washing with soap and I could smell more and the next day. flavor simple, intense and soap. I was a little nauseated The smell(((
I'm sorry, but this is absolutely not my type of fragrance. well, that I bought a mini ..... maybe someone wants this perfume? I can give a present)

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

The first time I smelled this was on a girl named Kimberly in the early nineties. I HAD to have it! I have been wearing it for 15 years now. I always get compliments when I wear it.

That being said, it is a quintiscential (pun intended) white floral. There is not much musk or woods to it. If you do not like lily of the valley, or gardenia, you will not like this. The lemon and basil keep this from being too cloying, though. For those who love white florals, you will love this.

I always think of weddings when I wear this very feminine perfume. You will be noticed if you wear this, so if you like to fly under the radar, I suggest something else.

I will have this perfume until they stop making it. It's a classic for me.

belletresor
belletresor

HA!! Am wondering if I should "admit" that I still wear this one!!??!! When people comment on this fragrance (usually other women), they always ask me what it is, and I briefly consider making up something else, since I don't want to admit I have on a perfume by the same designer that made my junior prom dress....and that was *ahem* back in the 80's!!!

Oh well, guess I have to come clean and say, yeah, I still wear JM Jessica McClintock!! I would describe this one as a white floral, and the reason I think I still love it is because it smells like summer flowers - very fresh, and unabashedly feminine. Notice I say "feminine" and not girly - to me, girly is oversweet, like Vera Wang Princess, et al. Anyhow, the notes that stand out the most are the carnation and lily-of-the-valley. But it also showcases basil and cassia which give it a spicy kick and keep it from being too flowery.

Has great staying power. I agree with the others - you don't need to layer this or use too much or you might get a headache. Used appropriately, this is a wonderful fragrance and easy to see why it has lasted so long.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

All I smell is lily of the valley. Nice if you like lilly of the valley.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Very strong Lily of the Valley! Nice spring/summer scent. Has long staying power but I still love Silk Ribbons way more than this original scent by far!

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I'm considering ordering a bottle of this perfume "unsniffed" over the internet. However, it seems to be a love / hate kind of perfume and it's hard to tell from the reviews on here whether I'm going to like it or not! Chat Lunatique's review is quite strange and seems incredibly snobby, tedious and patronising! I'm guessing that this perfume is OK but just not to everyone's taste (which is true of most things and everyone has different tastes!).

mrolfhus
mrolfhus

I had this in the late 80s and loved the way it smelled on me--unfortunately, it also gave me headaches. I still love it when I come across someone wearing it. It is a classic.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This smells like a swimming pool to me-weak, mild chlorine, some well-tended flowers in the distance. This is not somehing I would like to smell like.....

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

It's a perfume I always recognize, and I think of warm memories when I wear it. I bought a bottle on a vacation once years ago, and it holds a special place for me. I don't care if it was an 80's perfume, and I don't care if some hate it because most love it. No one can love every perfume, but this is still being sold while 1,000's of perfumes have bit the dust.

arladanielle
arladanielle

The floral kick got me!!I have used 3 bottles of this scent to the last drop and how could i not love it? I live in a world of work and more work, amid high rise apartments and tire screeches and the only thing that will remind me of home is this.I've earned real friends, patched up my marriage woes, and sent my mom's mood swings to a stop ,with them smelling me wearing this, I swear!!
Though some can't stand it, I guess most like it!! Lasts a long time and makes me feel special from sunrise to sunset.

Patty Cake
Patty Cake

I love the fresh, clean top notes of this fragrance. It is sweet but the green notes balance the lilly of the valley notes. I do not like the dry down. It does have a funky, musky or soapy "something?". It is too bad they cannot improve the formula. I've also tried Diorissimo but found it uninteresting

guynspfld
guynspfld

While not for everyone it is a scent that I feel is timeless. I have worked with many women who have worn this and it was unmistakable as to what they were wearing. It seems to have great lasting power. For I floral I find it classy, but uncomplicated. I guess I would call it refreshing. So if you like florals TRY IT.....

kgill
kgill

I had a sample of this and my husband then bought me a whole bottle because he loves it. I do not. The first whiff is very sweet and then it starts to smell "off". Something about this scent gets into the back of my throat and is very uncomfortable. But again, dh loves it, so clearly it appeals to someone.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Wow! A silage monster! I sprayed some of this on my wrist in the store, and my husband claimed he could smell it the rest of the time we were there, though I was several feet behind him most of the time. This is Lily of the Valley first and foremost. I get something a little warm under the lily after a while, but this smells almost like a soliflore to me.I really like it, as I am quite fond of lily of the valley, but it is so much like my Caswell-Massey lily of the valley, I see no reason to run out and buy it. I might purchase a bottle after my Caswell-Massey runs out, as "Jessica McClintock" is easier to find, and there are some good deals out there on it.

guest_Robina Pseudoacacia
guest_Robina Pseudoacacia

Jessica McClintock is a fresh, yet "heady" perfume and should be used sparingly. All perfumes change when mixed with our own chemistry, so if you like the scent, my suggestion would be to spray it lightly on your clothing. If you are concerned about staining, spray it on the inside hemline or under a color and such. You may also try it in your hair, but not too close to the scalp. Hair holds ALL scents/odors alike and the heat emitted from your head will keep refreshing it. Again, use sparingly. Enjoy!!!

dollladie
dollladie

I was given this as a gift the other day; and I LOVE the scent ... but, not on me. Immediately it smells fresh, like light lily of the valley. then, it fades to a rank weird thing ... too bad; it's so pretty.

KATHLEEN
KATHLEEN

i have this and use it for some special occasions only... coz its too strong and for me its lasting=] xoxo

lilinah
lilinah

All my life I have tended to wear orientals and woody/spicy fragrances. Back in the early 90s i decided i should expand the types of perfumes i wear. During my search i tried Jessica McClintock. I liked the scent - while it contains many white florals, it also has some deeper spicy notes as a nice balance. To test it, I sprayed some on at the perfume counter of a major department store, then wandered around for a while. Sadly, it had no staying power on me, lasting only about 15 minutes.

Classic 80s white floral. Fresh and clean and easily worn, but also very much of a type.

Jessica McClintock by Jessica McClintock 3.56 out of 5 based on 435 ratings and 114 user reviews

Sample
DANCING BY JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock EAU DE PARFUM VIAL MINI
Sample 1oz
DANCING BY JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock SET-EAU DE PARFUM VIAL MINI BODY LOTION 1 OZ SOLID PERFUME .2 OZ MINI
EDP Mini 0.25oz
JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .25 OZ MINI UNBOXED
EDP Mini 0.2oz
JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock EAU DE PARFUM ROLLERBALL .2 OZ MINI UNBOXED
Jessica Mc Clintock Perfume by Jessica McClintock, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Perfume.com
Jessica Mc Clintock Perfume by Jessica McClintock - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester
FragranceShop.com
Jessica McClintock by Jessica McClintock TESTER Eau de Parfum Spray for Women 3.4 oz
DANCING BY JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Jessica Mc Clintock Perfume by Jessica McClintock, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Jessica McClintock Eau De Parfume Spray 50ml 1.7oz
FragranceShop.com
Jessica McClintock by Jessica McClintock for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Jessica McClintock by Jessica McClintock for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Jessica Mc Clintock Perfume by Jessica McClintock, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Jessica Mc Clintock Perfume by Jessica McClintock - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Jessica Mc Clintock Perfume by Jessica McClintock - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Dancing Perfume by Jessica McClintock - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Dancing Perfume by Jessica McClintock - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
DANCING BY JESSICA MC CLINTOCK for WOMEN by Jessica McClintock EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Jessica McClintock Eau De Parfume Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Jessica McClintock Eau De Parfume Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Jessica McClintock Dancing Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Jessica McClintock Dancing Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Jessica McClintock Romantic Treasure Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz Body Cream 99g 3.5oz Edp Roll On 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jessica McClintock Jessica McClintock fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jessica McClintock Jessica McClintock, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jessica McClintock by Jessica McClintock. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jessica McClintock by Jessica McClintock represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.