Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Fancy Nights Jessica Simpson for women

Fancy Nights Jessica Simpson for women
dislike

Fancy Nights Jessica Simpson for women Pictures Fancy Nights Jessica Simpson for women Pictures

Fancy Nights is a new fragrance by Jessica Simpson. This deeper, more provocative and opulent perfume introduces bergamot, Egyptian papyrus, Indonesian patchouli, Bulgarian red rose and night blossoming jasmine. The fragrance is available as 50 ml edp in a datk green flacon decorated with golden embellishment. Fancy Nights was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Steve Demercado.

Bergamot Papyrus

Prada Intense

Fancy Nights Fragrance Reviews

KJS88
KJS88

I appreciate that some people are hypersensitive to some perfumes. I am myself. When my mother wears YSL Yvresse I run for the hills! To me it smells very little like descriptions in reviews, but more like the smell of old carpet after it's been shampooed with apple-scented cleaner and vacuumed over with the cheapest vanilla carpet powder you can get, and can be smelled a street away! So yes, I totally appreciate hypersensitivity. But I can't help but wonder if there are a few exaggerations here.... I'll give you a bit of background first.

My "thing" with my mother is buying her perfumes. This caught my eye on a steep discount at a shop one day some time about 2 years ago. Bought it, gave it to her. Remember her saying that it was very good for a cheapie. She ended up using it as an ambience fragrance. I didn't know what she was using it for at the time, but she'd been spraying the sofas with it, and at some point some of it rubbed off onto my jacket.

I kept catching whiffs of it for the next day and asked if dad bought new cologne. Nope, it was this. The sillage was not at all what I'd call nuclear, nor even strong or moderate, but it lasted, and the way it came off reminded me of things like Shalimar, Lagerfeld, Hypnotic Poison, and MOR Marshmallow, though it's certainly nothing enough like any of those things to warrant saying "this is a knock off of..."

Every time I wore that jacket out for a week, my girlfriend would gush over how nice I smelled. "A soft aura of sexy" were her words. And other women started to say exactly the same thing. "Soft," "strong, but not overpowering."

That's what makes me think some reviews here are a touch overstated.

Then my girlfriend said something in it reminded here of Prada Intense for MEN. It's true. It doesn't smell like Prada, but there is a note in it in exactly the same proportion, or similar proportion, that reminds of of Prada Intense for Men, too.

Ever since, I've been wearing this as a mens cologne, and ever since I've got the same compliments: cozy, strong, but never over powering.

Jasmine2024
Jasmine2024

Smells cheap, the smell annoyed me so much it put me in a bad mood!

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

This unique fragrance is amazing!! Notes of patchouli, vanilla, sandalwood, and marshmallow create a comforting aura that surrounds the wearer in calm serenity. I love wearing it in fall and winter. Sometimes when adding a spritz of vanilla to it the holiday aroma of eggnog emerges!!! I also love the green bottle that looks like something jay Gatsby would have given Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby

SamanthaRenee
SamanthaRenee

So many varied views on this one. With that said, its unlikely mine will be unique. However I have to say I'm liking this. I keep it in my bathroom cabinet because I'm running out of space. But I know as the weather gets colder and the sun shines less I will begin to reach for it. It reminds me a lot of Tabu and I wore that some as a young teen. ( looking back now,that is almost comical to me. No way I pulled that off! ) So maybe I conditioned myself early to tolerate strong patchouli. Not sure. This is something I will enjoy on dark and damp days or when I feel like sulking. Not a bright vibe here, more like sentimental and haunting. Strange I know, but I still like it.

annie234
annie234

I adore patchouli (Chanel Coromandel is right up there in all-time favourites for me) so given the price and some great reviews I bought this untested.

BIG mistake, I can't stand the stuff. It is huge, but not pleasant. Morning after the night before I still have a cheap, powdery, stuffy cloud following me around and I can't wait to shower. I'm really not getting big volume of patchouli, for me the powder is right there upfront. Is that really papyrus? Maybe I'm not experienced enough with papyrus notes to know, but I don't care to try this again.

Lizardbreath
Lizardbreath

Holy Moly! I hoped this would be as good as its reviews, especially because I love me some patch. When this arrived, I could actually smell it IN THE MAILBOX. Why, oh God, why does this have to be such a monster? I sprayed this and mistakenly went for a quick run to the grocery store and was super-embarrassed the entire time...I felt like a walking cloud of various, non-descript, horrible perfumes. The best part: my entire house smelled like this the rest of the day. I appreciate sillage in my frags, but heavens-to-betsy this is TOO MUCH. I couldn't even gift it-- had to toss $13. Unusable.

tessgreenham
tessgreenham

Just bought this literally an hour ago so I have not worn it yet but I've sprayed it on a few pieces of paper and let me just tell you now, if you don't like patchouli, DO NOT BUY THIS FRAGRANCE. This perfume is unlike a lot of others that I have, I have mostly pretty sweet and fruity perfumes but this perfume is such a great addition to my collection, it's pretty earthy and super patchouli, it's super rich and strong and I love that about it. Definitely try this if you're looking to stand out or make a bold statement (and who isn't) But it is definitely an acquired scent and probably a little too strong for some people, my dad smelled it and said it reminded him of the old ladies in our old neighbourhood who lost their sense of smell and now put on too much perfume, but I think a lot of people associate patchouli with that. My only complaint about it is that after it has settled in for a little while theres a really faint almost rubbery smell, but it isn't enough to actually bother me. Other than that, I think it's a pretty lovely fragrance, perfect for "fancy nights" ;) But again, if you don't like patchouli I STRONGLY suggest you pass on this one

paperbackhead
paperbackhead

I truly dislike fruity tutti fragrances, and when I think of Jessica Simpson I think, "bubbly, carefree,and dense?" This perfume doesn't fit her profile- but she made a bold choice in putting patchouli in this concoction. Anyway, anything with patchouli is good in my book, this stuff also smells identical to Prada Amber without the heavy price tag. Every time I take a whiff I smell different layers, the first time I smelled roses underneath the patchouli, the second time I caught vanilla. I've lost count sorry, I love this stuff, and can't wait to smell it during colder months

blue_belle
blue_belle

I love this one, but I can also understand the problems other people have with it. As with many other "big" scents, this is not one to smell right up close to the skin; when I do that it's too sharp and strong, but the sniffs I get of it from a few inches to a few feet away (yes, it's actually that strong) rival some high-end designer scents. It's actually very sweet and complex, with a lot of spiciness that I'm loving.

Anyone who doesn't like patchouli is not going to like it, but for those who want to try a big, bold perfume, this one is well-blended and interesting.

skylamor

Ok, back for a second review since I've actually worn Fancy Nights several times since then. This turned out to be narrowed down to one of my favorites scents and I have many. I believe that incense should be in the description. The papyrus does give it an 'old book' smell as a few have mentioned before. It actually reminds me somehow of my father's very old family home from years ago so it brings back a bit of nostalgia for me on top of how much I love the scent anyway. It does smell somewhat similar to Tabu as I stated before and others on here have, too. Fancy Nights is a scent that would please someone from India or the Middle East as they use those really nice spicy, incense type fragrances there. So, if you like scents along those lines you'll love this one. Although, I know a few people that really like it as well and they are not into incense type fragrance at all. It's inexpensive on ebay, too. I got a 3.4 oz brand new in box spray for $6.50 free shipping. What a steal!

waterbottleisland
waterbottleisland

I love this perfume, especially in the heat! It makes the vanilla sweeter and the patchouli dirtier. My family calls this my "dirty hippie perfume," so the name doesn't really fit the fragrance for me ;)

igalmusic
igalmusic

It's a very spicy,oriental fragrance.So so unique,I love it!!! Similar to Thierry Mugler Alien...

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

Patchouli bomb!
This is very strong and long-lasting for a relatively cheap cologne. I like patchouli but this was too much for me, gave it to a male friend. It was a mini bottle and he couldn't really read "Jessica Simpson" he liked it and it smelled better on him.
I hope he doesn't realize I gave him a womens' cologne.

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

Extremely peppery when first applied. It does remind me of a men's cologne at first. When it dries down it isn't half bad, but very powdery on me.

Sashira
Sashira

I adore patchouli, so when my grandmother picked this up for me I assumed I'd enjoy it. But like most people, at first sniff I found this sharp, offensive and featuring a really unpleasantly harsh patchouli (it's so peppery). To me, it doesn't even smell like patchouli, it smells like men's aftershave (like others stated, kind of like Brute), but just the first whiff before it settles. However, it dries down to a spicy, complex fragrance, smells like an interesting blend of sandalwood, amber and some kind of eastern rose. If anyone is familiar with middle-eastern attar blends featuring rose or sandalwood, this is will probably remind you of them. I don't particularly like this, but the drydown makes it tolerable. I think this is a test-before-buy fragrance.

AmandaGuerra
AmandaGuerra

I don't understand why so many dislikes on this one.... I love this perfume so much. Also own Fancy and Fancy Love, Fancy Nights is definitely not sweet little girl fragrance.... but is a amazing and very complex perfume, I know is more winter fragrance however I do wear all the time.... I think for the price is much more better and long lasting then great perfumes out there.... The only low point for me is that in my skin last around 4 hours but on clothes can smell for more then 48 hours....just looove this perfume!

sweetviolet
sweetviolet

Two words to describe this fragrance...to strong!!! I wores it and my friends asked what the manly smell was. It really smells like a mans cologne. It's not a bad secent. I guess it could be a unisex scent. I have had people complain that it gave them a headache. I took it back to TJ Maxx for a refund. Jessica Simpsons perfume Fancy smells delicious.But this one is way over done. WHOA!!!

la_klaire
la_klaire

I got this beautiful perfume today at Marshalls for $10 a really great deal and wow!! This perfume smells gorgeous it's very sensual like jessica simpson her self describes it. I sprayed some on my neck and rite away as it was settling in my skin I could smell spices with rose and sweet patchouli the stuff is really sexy I could picture my self with my beautiful hair down wearing a little black dress and some killer sexy heels as I enter the room and all eyes on me:)

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

I spritzed this just once inside my shirt on a really hot Texas day last week. I have to say I'm impressed by this scent's longevity. My bra has been through the laundry twice and it still smells of dirty, rich patchouli!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I'm quite surprised this is sold as a ladies fragrance, and not a unisex one. I wore it today, nice warm Summer's day and it got a load of compliments. I get patchouli, Amber and soft floral. Nicely blended, but to me it's more a men's Oriental. Nice.

cmlee22
cmlee22

Got this in a swap and I like it! I don't know why it's not more popular. My bf hates everything patchouli or musk.. oh well!!! I'll still wear it.. but maybe in winter and not so much this summer.

chanel4747
chanel4747

It is very true who wrote that this perfume in hot weather, you only smell patchouli, as if a men's cologne from the beginning till the dry down.but on cooler weather, this perfume makes miracles, it opens with harsh patchouli( like in hot weather) but 5 minutes later, it turns to a soft powdery scent, it becomes very lovely. So now , in summer, i am layering it with jovan amber and in winter i will wear it alone. But longevity is max 3 hours on me ( very sad) and sillage close to skin. ( it neither doesn't stay long on clothes and hair like other fragrances). For sure no rebuy.

possession83
possession83

There's one disturbing dry note (perhaps papyrus) that spoils it for me. I've tried wearing this fragrance many different ways, on my skin, clothes, in my hair, only in the evening - but every time it's the same story - it makes me nauseous. I will give it one last chance and wait till winter, maybe then we'll click, I hope so because it's definitely an interesting scent. It lasts for about 5 hours, but the sillage is decent. The bottle is a bit tacky.

ChesleyMusic
ChesleyMusic

Its really strong musky & green when you first spray it. But it tones down into a sweet caramelized vanilla sweet & powdery scent.

Its really good at night, in the morning/afternoon it smells like some sports fragrance.

drydown: bergamot, patchouli, rose and jasmine

hipchicagomom
hipchicagomom

I wandered into TJMaxx and found one bottle (100ml) of Fancy Nights for $10!!! I bought it blind, but figured for $10 it wasn't too much of a risk.

I'm SO HAPPY that I snatched it up when I did! It's very deep, woodsy, sophisticated, and seductive. I did get steamrolled by a heavy blast of patchouli at first, but I stuck with it and within 30 minutes it turned GORGEOUS on me! It definitely can stand on its own, but I love to layer it with a vanilla body butter to give it a slightly sweeter edge.

This isn't something I'd wear every day, but rather date night or a formal ocassion.

Lisdiana
Lisdiana

Lovely mysterious fragrance. If you are an adventurer women, must try it. Dark, sexy, unusual.
Wear it at cold evening and you will become sexy devil. Really love it.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

As this perfume is often called unisex, and as a lovely fragrantican send me a decant of this, I tried this Fancy Night on several different occasions now.

At first, this perfume appeared very very powdery (I suppose this comes from the classic vanilla and sandalwood combination). This was in cooler weather. And while I like powdery notes, I thought I might not wear it often, but could be a perfume to reach for in times 'powder' is needed. As my mother liked it (for the powder actually) and wanted to get a FB, I thought I don´t need one myself and could use hers or get a decant from her bottle, for these rather rare occasions.
But then the summer came. And the smell changed.
Now there was much fewer powder, the high amount of patchouli came through, paired with sandalwood, dry papyrus, vanilla and moss. Much more how I expected it before smelling it the first time.
Now I want a FB for my collection. :P
In warm to hot weather the perfume doesn´t last long on my skin (but I´m used to this), in cooler weather it has about 5 to 7 hours. But the lack of longevity in warm weather (where I like it more) isn´t a big deal with the very low price. I can reapply as often as I want.
Sillage is moderate to heavy. Being more on the heavy side on warm weather.

Very most people didn´t vote for this fragrance being appropriate for summer, but as its smell is much more to my liking in hot weather, I´d personally disagree. For males I´d say that is the best season to wear this cheapo marketed as a women´s scent, at least if they don´t like fresh aquatic and citrus scents in summer. But that´s only me.

lizakaya
lizakaya

I am happily enjoying this cheap and cheerful celebrity fragrance. I always thought i was "above" celebrity fragrances til I started to spend more time her eon Fragrantica. You people have only steered me wrong once. Fancy Nights was not that one time. This is a blockbuster of a frag. The first time I wore it, I found it very similar to Prada by Prada. I decided to do an arm to arm test for the day and here is the outcome:

Prada leads with patch and sandalwood to my nose, whereas FN leads with bergamot and vanilla.

The comparison happens during the dry down of FN. I find the notes of Prada stays more constant throughout wearing, whereas the green notes of FN burn off and you're left with a LOT of amber and vanilla and patch. so, yes, they are comparable to a certain degree but certainly not dupes for one another. FN has a more gourmand sensibility where prada is dark and sensual in a non-gourmand yet spicy way.

elena61
elena61

I have just tried it for the first time and I must say it I love it from the first sniff - maybe just because it feels so different from the rest. For me the opening smells like a (northern) summer night at a countryside or even deep in the forest. It is not a raw woody smell but rather a wet blossoming forest smell. And what more time passes by, more vanilla, rose, jasmine - a nice combination of sweet flowery smell combines with the forest smell. Making it thus a unique combination of intense, spicy, sweet and somehow fresh smell at the same time. It is not a perfume for each occasion, but for now it will take a place among my favourite ones.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I picked up a small gift set of this at Marshalls today for only $8. Yep $8! I have to say I was hesitant after reading the reviews on here, and I shy away from strong perfumes. But figured, ehhh what the heck. I spritzed little on my wrist and went on my merry way shopping and let me tell you, at first it was strong, but then the perfume settles to this really nice soft, sexy smelling scent. It literally wowed me! As time went on I love more and more! I do however feel this would be good for going out at night, cooler summer nights or fall and winter or even for bedtime! I love all of Jessica Simpson's perfumes!

Beccaru
Beccaru

Wow. This was a blind buy based purely on reviews here. I cannot believe this is a celebrity fragrance. How brave was she to put this out? You just get many like this anymore do you?! That said I haven't quite decided if its a love or a hate for me. I like my scents loud and powerful, different and individual but even I'm shy when spraying this but its one I'm going to persevere with.
I've come to realise that this is a scent I have let develop and sort of die down for about 3 hours before it becomes warm and enjoyable on my skin.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

A most impressive celebrity surprise, but not so much one for mainstream JS lovers.

Patchouli makes it's presence known right on opening, rich and earthy and a little overwhelming to start.

As this fragrance warms on the skin, it makes way for a subtly sweet rose, blushing and full, buxom and soft, never upstaging the patchouli.

Sandalwood is also very present in the base along with a touch of vanilla. Sensual, assertive and sophisticated in its simplicity.

Fancy Nights is very reminiscent of Prada Intense in it's incredible presentation of patchouli. However, I find that Fancy Nights lacks the resinous anchor that is requisite for it to find its way into my psyche.

That said, Fancy Nights does have a curious way of hovering , perhaps attributable to the plush quality of oakmoss.

Strong, confident, sensual... try not to feel dark and seductive when cloaking yourself in this enchanting fragrance.

lisce
lisce

It was a blind buy. I am a bit disappointed as I expected better longevity and silage. But it is strong sent when smelling close to skin. At first there is something strong and masculine like a strong plum smell, but soon it surprisingly turns to bee weak and powdery. Its not my favourite composition.

Kelsi87
Kelsi87

This is a wonderful, spicy patchouli-based Oriental with incredible longevity... I can still smell it 12 hours later! I was worried that it would be too heavy, but used sparingly it's soft and gorgeous.

That being said, on my skin it doesn't really work in the summer months as it turns into something that reminds me almost of dirt or wet grass. Definitely more of a fall or winter scent.

Also I would recommend this mostly as an evening fragrance because regardless of the time of year it can, though lovely, be a little bold/strong for daytime.

9/10, I love it!

Iva Vendetta
Iva Vendetta

I bought this on a blind buy according to the ingredient list.
I don't know what is in it that doesn't agree, but on me it smells.....horrible. Soapy, cheap, headache inducing a faux Oriental.Yes, I've read the reviews and the listing of the notes but my only comparison is pine floor cleaner.

Hats off to those of you who can stand it.

Molko
Molko

I believed that this is heavy, loud and long lasting scent, but it isn't, not offensive at all, nearly skin scent with 4 hours lasting. Fortunately costs very low (16 euro with post). I feel something oriental, little bit spicy this perfume (also like I see the bottle and box), to me nothing sweet, soapy or powdery. Can be use in spring or autumn. I can't find this enough modern, rather mature or oldish, not for grandma but not even for girls.
update: Yes, similar to Prada Amber and little bit to Shalimar. Prada is more weaker than Jessica, 1-2 hours on my skin.

bonnie52
bonnie52

To me, this is as close as you can get to Prada Amber with a much better price tag! Very woody, spicy. No fruit or floral on my skin. Could easily be unisex. I don't find it overly strong as some people think. I am happy with it.

I am finding that this has no longevity on me as stated in so many reviews. I am glad it is cheap so I can reapply without worrying about cost.

Hellenna
Hellenna

The patchouli smells woodsy (sandalwood)and slightly scratchy on me. Although I can detect the sweetness of the vanilla, it's not as sweet, rich and creamy as Tom Ford's White Patchouli.

indi3cita
indi3cita

This is an interesting fragrance. Mysterious and mistic, when I smell it I think of witches and creatures of the forest. It's verry woodsy and musty then becomes a little sweet. Obviously not for everyone. This fragrance is warm and spicy perfect for winter and fall. In my case I will use it when I'm in the mood or whenever I wear Dolly Kei (because I live in a tropical island and we don't have seasons). The more I wear it the more I like it!!!

sonia.kassambara
sonia.kassambara

This is a nice perfume. It smells like other perfumes, most notably, to me, Guerlain's Shalimar. The patchouli and bergamot blast; the patchouli lasts for a few hours until vanilla holds the final notes. In the meantime, the soft wafting powder of rose, snadalwood, resins and vanilla interplay. Meanwhile, a bookish papyrus sits in the background. The perfume agrees with my chemistry and is a good buy. If it weren't such a great blind buy I would not have appreciated how close to Shalimar it smelled, but I can use it and blend it with a fragrance with fresh green notes for balance.

stephanieshopaholic
stephanieshopaholic

I just blind bought this for $10 at Ross and I'm not sure if I like it or not...it kind of smells like black licorice to me. I must admit it smells better after it dries down (I'm now smelling it about an hour after spraying it). It really is very strong and I'm usually into fruity fresh scents, so not really sure if this is for me, maybe in the winter I'll like it more? I do like the little green bottle though.

JaiTee
JaiTee

This is the most unexpected perfume.

The opening shot is *almost* of rootbeer, but then it changes direction quickly and something green, perhaps it's the bergamot, takes over. Everything else fades away, and the scene shifts. I smell laundry that has been drying on a clothesline outside.

And in the background, i begin to detect a hint of vanilla, a dusting of powder -- a promise of the drydown.

I'm looking forward to discovering what will emerge next. I like oriental fragrances, so FN was a blind buy, but is right up my alley.

All this with just one small spritz!

Update: it has been a couple hours, and the drydown has emerged. Vanilla, and a bit of powder to keep it from turning gourmand, and there's something more in the drydown that makes this perfume feel worldly and sophisticated.

A very luxurious scent -- perfect for a hot date, and everything that might follow afterwards behind closed doors.
I think this scent would be irresistable on men, too.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

VERY similar to the original Prada, this is really well done and does not smell like a typical celebrity fragance. It is nothing like the original Fancy, so beware if you're thinking this is simply a more intense version; it is a completely different perfume (it deserves its own name, actually). First impression is of a huge patchouli bomb, but it quickly softens to reveal a gorgeous amber and sandalwood base, with a touch of vanilla to round it out. Florals are very subtle; this is definitely a woody oriental. If you like Prada, Estee Lauder's Sensuous, or even Obsession, this is a safe bet for you.

LOVE IT, and I am a perfume snob. I found it for only $9.00 for a 3.4 oz bottle. I will be stocking up.

louisminaj
louisminaj

Well, Fancy Nights is definintly an eye opener! This is the first Jessica simpson fragrance I have tried as they are very hard to come across in the UK. As it was insanly cheap ( Got the 100ml for £13!) I thought why not!

So when it arrived and I smelled it, I must admit, I was shocked. When people say that this does not smell like a celebrity fragrance, they dont even come close to describing it! This smells like a fragrance released in the 80s! It is crazy! The Patchouli at the start nearly took my head off! Its stronger than the patchouli in Angel I think! And the Patchouli mixed with the Papyrus, its just a very poloarizing opening as it is a very dry, earthy potent start, which I thought was very brave of Jessica! The vanilla and amber are also there but they get much stronger as the scent progesses! Especially the vanilla. The vanilla in this is so different to the other celeb vanilla notes! This fragrance, I admit, I hated it at first, but I really grew to love it, its just so unusual and powerful.

I highly recommend that people try this fragrance. If you can try it before you buy it, I would as this scent is very poloarizing, especially at the start!

Grottola
Grottola

If Angel were a chypre, it would probably smell something like Fancy Nights.

This stuff is awesome.

madgefan
madgefan

Tried this the other day. Not bad but not great. At first, it smelled like a pleasant hairspray. Became nicer with a warm and sweet dry down. Average.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

On my skin (and clothes, and hair), this is absolutely fascinating, and gorgeous. I think the bergamot is there most readily, at first, and I welcome it, as I do in any fragrance that nods at a hot cup of tea. Certainly, there is a good bit of spice to go with that tea, but instead of being the usual cinnamon/clove gourmand spice, it is dry, peppery, earthy patchouli spice. The warmth is that of clean (but not soapy) skin inside a fuzzy sweater. There is vanilla, but just enough to provide warmth... I get very little sweetness, which I find refreshing. I imagine the papyrus note is responsible for the "old books" feeling, which I love. Tea, old books, warm skin in a fuzzy sweater, and... what's this? Is it...? Yes... it is. Dusty dried flowers. How in the wide world does this combination read as "sexy" at all? So many old, dusty things, and yet, an old dusty woman is not brought to mind. This woman is sexy without trying. She is a natural, all brains and bod under that sweater! I do wear this one to bed, in both contexts. ;) I do not get Tabu from this one, not at all. They share a warm, spicy vibe, but so do Tabu and Opium and Shalimar and Poison and Obsession and Kasmir and Emeraude and Coty Wild Musk and Escada Magnetism and Musc Ravageur and Organza L'Indecence and L de Lolita and so on... see what I mean? Anyhoo. I felt almost guilty about paying only $10 for this... but not enough to stop me from going back to T.J. Maxx and buying the other bottle I know is there...

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

This doesn't smell like a celebrity fragrance at all. I'll bet if it was released by Serge Lutens or Tauer, the niche freaks would go crazy over this one. Thats what it smells like; a spicy, niche, amber olfactory for old men. Jessica Simpson must have lost her marbles.

Antares811
Antares811

This is a powdery-patchouli oriental scent. Well composed, very powerful and longlasting.
Unfortunately I don't find it very feminine, don't blind buy it.

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

I want to start off by saying that the bottle for this fragrance is absolutely beautiful and appropriate for the scent. What I do love about this perfume is how unusual it is. The scent I get the most of this fragrance is the oak moss and sandalwood. It has a very earthy smell. I think of a night in the woods. The smell is pleasant but very different.

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

This perfume struck me as quite unusual, especially considering the celebrity endorsement. I found it very masculine. At first spray, it was intense and eerie... almost spooky. I felt as if I was trapped in the dusty rooms of Dracula's castle, surrounded by old wooden furniture, ancient scrolls, and a miasma of growing terror! But... in a somewhat pleasantly intruiging way. After a few minutes, the amber emerged and the florals began to bloom. This part, I was not fond of... it reminded me of the way a creepy old doll head would smell. However, in the end, I was left with a smell of dry, dusty patchouli, antique books, and the gentle embrace of subtle amber.

This is not a scent that I would want wear for going out... but rather, I would prefer to smell it while I am at home with a classic gothic horror novel to read.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

What a special perfume. If my world gets a little overwhelming, Fancy Nights is my 'settle petal' fragrance. It soothes the mood and it smoothes out life's little bumps. On top of that, it smells gorgeous.

It took a couple of tries to get a handle on the strong opening of this fragrance, but once it dries down it is actually beautiful. The patchouli is sweetly powdered and mellowed by the gentle vanilla.

The vintage vibe of this scent has me dreaming of a time when well-dressed ladies still wore hats and gloves when going out somewhere special, when a picnic was a grand day out and when the pleasures in life were perhaps a little simpler.

beauty_girl

sharyssa: Is "Fancy Girl" a new perfume, or do you just mean "Fancy Love" that is also in white and gold???

smoothscents
smoothscents

I love the smell of this. But, sadly, my husband says it smells like an old lady! It smells just like Tabu and I see alot of other reviewers stating this. It's not offensive at all, really sweet, sort of like incense.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Just got this today and it is really nice very powdery and lot of patchouli i think this is my favorite of her fancy line but now i have to try her new one called fancy girl in the gold and white bottle im about to order it now yaay!

skylamor

Tabu, is this a remake of it? When I first smelled this I knew I had smelled it before and was trying to remember what it was. Tabu. If you've smelled Tabu by Dana you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Tabu is an older fragrance from years back, don't even know if it's even sold anymore. It is still tripping me out how this smells identical to it. I just received it in the mail and sprayed it on. Maybe after wearing it a few times, I'll come back and update.

bsmith2408
bsmith2408

Patchouli, patchouli and more patchouli! I love it, can't get enough patchouli!!

craftymom
craftymom

I agree with the library association with fancy nights. I also get a woodsy feel. It's a scent I take camping. It smells like adventure and the woods. It's an apologetically in your face patchouli freshened with papyrus and dipped in vanilla and it's amazing.

luna rebel
luna rebel

Fancy Nights is one of my all time favorites. If I had to get rid of 90% of my fragrance collection, I would still keep this one. Why? It's simple to me. I love that dusty papery quality it has. The strong "harsh" (by some people's standards) patchouli is an intoxicating note and I cannot stop opening the bottle practically every day just to smell it. As others have already mentioned, this does smell like an old library and is much harsher and less smooth than Prada Amber, which is why I will keep buying Fancy Nights and ignoring Prada (I am obviously in the minority here, but it is the dusty patchouli and papyrus notes which make me love Fancy Nights and not so much Prada).

I'm not sure how or why this perfume is under Jessica Simpson's name, but if she had any input in the olefactory process, good for her for having impeccable tastes which defy those of the current mainstream celebrity market. This is not a safe blind buy. I don't think it's a very popular fragrance either for the above mentioned reasons. But the projection and longevity are great, this smells like nothing I owe, and sue me for preferring this "cheap" celebrity scent to the well-blended and highly praised Prada Amber. I may have bad tastes according to some people, but I simply can't help what I love.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I was at first afraid to buy this perfume because of the pronounced patchouli note. I went to TJMaxx and found a 3.4 oz for $10 and thought 'why not?' This really scared me at first because the patchouli came at me quite fiercely! But, after it dried down, I fell in love! This is so rich and warm that you forget how much you paid for it!I really love it and would buy it again!

piggyluv
piggyluv

On me it starts out dry and very spicy- it tickled my nose and the back of my throat. After 30mins, it became very sweet and spicy. For my taste it's just too too much-too sweet, too spicy, to loud and just too over the top. Strong dislike from me. I was hoping to like it as I love Tabu, Fendi and other 'strong' fumes, but I feel that Fancy Nights smells poorly blended.
Edit: I tried it a second time, this time on my clothes instead of my skin and I still don't like it.
The longevity is amazing, and I do want to commend JS and Demercado for creating a unique fragrance in today's market.
EDIT: this works on me as a ' walk through' or if I spray myself at arms length. It is still strong enough to be noticeable, but much softer and pretty to my nose.

Moldybread
Moldybread

A little goes a long way. My first impressions are of Root Beer and Teaberry Gum (wintergreen). After the initial blast it does settle into something softer but still not pleasant.

kera_5j
kera_5j

I am a long-time user of both Prada Amber and Tom Ford Black Orchid, and I thought I'd take a crack at this scent since I'd read some reviews that note of a similarity between this bargain priced juice and my signature scents, which require a considerably hefty investment.

First warning sign should of been the wide net of "similarity" reviewers mentioned, since Prada Amber and TF Black Orchid have absolutely nothing in common. Black Orchid is a very intense, enveloping and luscious oriental, smelling almost like pure perfume, while Prada's Amber is a more patchouli based, more tempered scent. I love them both dearly, but saying either smells like Fancy Night by JS is like saying exotic fruit tastes likes koolaid. If you want a perfectly acceptable bargain priced scent, this stuff is fine, but if looking for something to match the scent elements and quality of perfumes like Prada or Tom Ford...save your pennies.

RubyRedRose
RubyRedRose

This could be a unisex perfume, this is also a great Patchouli perfume, it's strong, long lasting and it's one of the more mature celebrity perfumes! Great perfume for Winter time.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

When I smelled this dripping love on a friend, I could never believe that it was a perfume under 20$. This can´t be Jessica Simpson??- was the first thought in my mind.
Its tooo strong,tooo deep! tooo good!
It beats Britneys "Believe" in the category
"best-smelling-supercheap-celebrity"-perfume.

Thick, strong and the only Jessica-perfume i like.

Steve Demercado has for sure found a golden glassapple.

s0utherngirl
s0utherngirl

I avoided this perfume for quite some time due to the high number of votes for patchouli. Fragrances that are centered around patchouli are never a safe blind buy for me because that note often turns into a mouldy smelling hot mess when mixed with my body chemistry. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the other two Jessica Simpson fragrances that I've blind bought (Fancy and Vintage Bloom). But, I finally picked up a 3.4 oz bottle of this on clearance for $7 at TJMaxx and this little number quickly landed on my favorites list after I wore it for 4 days straight because it was so intriguing and different from most scents I've smelled. Then I went back for a back up bottle ;)

I agree with earlier reviewers who advised that this is great for layering. My favorite combos so far are Fancy Nights with Bath and Body Works Forever Red Vanilla Rum, Lolita Lempicka Illusions Noires, or Dreams by Mariah Carey.

rc12
rc12

Wow this fragrance was such a surprise! Fancy Nights is a rich scent which would suit cooler days. It has a mature, vintage feel in stark comparison to Fancy. It's quite opulent too. It was a bit of a shock for me to like this so much - I'm normally into floral/vanilla/fruity fragrances but maybe my tastes are starting to branch out!

beauty_girl

Doesnt smell uniqe at all, smells exactly like Live Your Dream by Anna Sui wich i also have.

chuwey

Hmm.. this one smells unique..
No flower scent at all but i quite like it. I think it would be good for evening use.
It's strong.

Kinda suprised on the first spray, but after few moment i will get used to this. I think it will be the first non-flower scent i would love to wear.

Looove the bottle.. sorry but i'm a green lover.

NightWork
NightWork

Patchouli! Patchouli! Patchouli!
I am not a big fan of patchouli but I quite like this fragrance. I think for me it restored my faith that there are some decent celebrity fragrances on the market and that perhaps I should not be so quick to judge. If you dislike patchouli then I would probably avoid this fragrance because it is just patchouli by the bucket load. You get a hint of vanilla which softens things up a bit and stops it from being to harsh and over bearing. Keep in mind though that this fragrance is very strong and the projection is really good so this is some good quality stuff in this bottle. Kudos to Jessica for attaching her name to this beautiful fragrance.

aliora
aliora

This starts out chemically harsh, so the initial spray is a little jarring, but once it begins to settle down, you can detect the bergamot, the patchouli and the amber. I don't know what papyrus actually smells like, but if it's supposed to smell like parchment paper, I suppose a bit of that is there. Mostly, it just smells like a heavy dose of bergamot with some patchouli and amber thrown in. My initial impression was that it smelled exactly like my Prada Amber. Testing both of them out side by side now, it's practically a dupe. Fancy Nights is a touch drier, while Prada Amber is a little sweeter. I would also say that the latter's composition is rounder and more polished whereas Fancy Nights is just a little rougher. It also wears a little lighter than Prada Amber, and by that, I don't mean that it's lightweight. It's a heavy perfume, but where Fancy Night is a Pashmina Shawl, Prada Amber is a fur coat. It's like an edt version of Prada Amber. I ended up getting a compliment from the Dental Assistant when I went in for my appointment, and I rarely get complimented on my fragrances, so it's not a shy kitten. It was on sale at TJ Maxx for $9, but it's so similar to Prada Amber, I feel a bit silly for buying something that's almost identical to what I already had (and I haven't been using my Prada Amber that much either). At least it was $9!

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

Starts off very harsh, but settles down quickly and sits close to the skin, but very nice smell. Better than most other "girly fruity" celebrity fragrances.

kiristarr
kiristarr

The first few times I sprayed this perfume on my wrist, it truly just smelled like shellac to me. I mean, I could get the patchouli and papyrus, but the overall scent was unpleasant and not even like perfume. After a couple hours passed, the scent became faint, pretty, and floral on my skin. Nevertheless, the first hour is pretty awful, so I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet.

FionaNewZealand
FionaNewZealand

An unsuccessful blind buy. I have and like all of Jessica Simpson's others, however Fancy Nights is not a winner for me. At first spray it feels like a green leaved plant that I am allergic to (patchouli?).

I have tried this fragrance a few times and waited for the initial blast to die down, only to have the entire perfume go so soft that I can't smell much at all. It's not worth the pain of the opening for me.

I can understand some saying there is a similarity to Prada Amber, however I have Prada Amber and enjoy wearing it so to me there is no comparison.

lizziekayy
lizziekayy

Hmm, opens up with a blast of alcohol, synthetic wood and spice and generic floral notes. Then it - 'disappears. After half an hour it warms up more than dries down with a dry woodsy note which I take to be papyrus and an increasingly caramelly vanilla. This sticks around : like the milky bar kid trapped in a fusty cupboard full of paper. Not unpleasant but not a favourite either.

nitschevo
nitschevo

I finally bought it and I am so glad I did! It is truly gorgeous. When I first sprayed it I thought for a second that the opening resembles Opium a bit. But that impression only lasts for a few seconds because then the Papyrus and Patchouli kick in. After ten minutes or so I detect the Amber and Vanilla notes. The latter gives the scent a tad sweetness but not sweet like Pink Sugar, it is more a subtle sweetness with a dry Vanilla - yummy! Overall I fell head over heels for this spohisticated timeless beauty.

Edit: My boyfriend loves this on me - which is a nice surprise because I was worried that he would not. He usually likes more floral and fresh fragrances. But this one he thinks is very sensual and feminin. Winner!

kellymi
kellymi

This perfume is heavy, heavy perfumey powder. Like a perfumed talc you pick up for an old distant aunt for a last minute Christmas gift. And I tried to like it, bad on/bad off unfortunately.

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

Fancy Nights is wonderful layered with Twilight Woods lotion from Bath and Body Works. Patchouli is toned down and all the warm elements are amped up. An accidental discovery that just happens to work beautifully.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

I got my "fancy nights" just today and I am really shocked with the quality of this perfumes. It is definitely 1st class, very aromatic, lovely bottle, long lasting ..... a lot +1 for this celebrity perfume. Try it is really worth it and for the price is a bargain. I am very very happy with my choice.

lirael00
lirael00

Okey, this one was a blind buy and I knew there's a lot of a chance here that I would just hate it. But, this one took me completely by surprise. I think nobody else would like it on me (I still have to try that!) but I really like it on myself and that's because this little baby is telling me a story. When I first smelled it I was like, no, no,no just go away. After 5 minutes I've sniffed it again and it was like aha, I smell a rainy forest and after few more minutes I smelled enchanted rainy forest and after an hour I smelled chocolate wrapped up in a forest scent. I don't know it's really difficult to tell, but it's almost like a magic spell casted by an evil witch in one of Grimm's fairytales. And oh boy, this one is going on for ages. Even after taking a shower I still smelled like a dark chocolate. Definetly my guilty pleasure.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

This is a very bizarre perfume because of the fact that I actually really like it any everyone else that has smelt this on me hates it. They say that is smells like too much of an old lady which I do get ans it's not like a nice sweet perfume like the other fancys this is the tom boy out of that collection. The lasting power is awesome about 8 hours on me but it's a shame that no one else can seem to appreciate this as I do! 7/10

celly32
celly32

Smells like NyQuil . Very disappointed because I really like the others in the fancy line. Try before you buy, I didn't and boy I'm I sorry.

devaluxe
devaluxe

This perfume is bizarre. I purchased this for a song from Amazon and after reading the notes and reviews figured I would love this. Let me preface this by saying Fancy Love is my favorite of the Fancy line and probably the fragrance I wear most often and especially when I can't figure out what kind of perfume mood I'm in. That said, I am totally conflicted about this fragrance. I want to like it, but I'm not sure I do. But, I keep holding my wrist to my nose repeatedly so maybe I do like it and I just don't know it yet. It's masculine, but not unwearable by a woman. I get the "Polo" reference some have made. I also pick up the "library" reference too, which is most likely the papyrus, an odd note, IMO, for a fragrance. There's a creamy note in this as well, which is probably where the tie to it's "Fancy" sisters comes from. I wouldn't mind smelling it on my husband. I just don't know if it's for me. I typically like super girly smells, however, they don't need to be floral or candy coated smells. I like Shalimar, and Tabu, and Chantilly, and Jessica McClintock, and Vanilla Fields. I'm not a 'fume snob, nor do I dislike a perfume simply because it's different. I have a wide variety of scents but this just may be too masculine for me to wear frequently. We'll see. I'm not shutting the door on it quite yet. Will update when I form a more solid opinion. This is a tricky one...

UPDATE: OK, so close your eyes and picture this...sitting near a window on a rainy day, curled up in your favorite armchair, under a warm crocheted afghan, with a steaming cup of Earl Grey tea and an original copy of a Dickens book, all while an extremely attractive gentleman wearing Polo sits by reading a vintage newspaper. THIS perfume is the olfactory equivalent. I've decided that I love it.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Expensive smelling for a celebrity perfume. Drydown is gorgeous and lasting.

abh93
abh93

I bought this online without ever smelling it because I have Fancy and like that but this one wasn't so great for me. It's a very mature scent. I'm only 20 and this just isn't something I would wear. It's not necessarily a bad scent, just not my type. I might give it to my grandma for Christmas.

ayarniknit
ayarniknit

This was a blind buy for me due to the warm spicy notes and comparisons to Shalimar, one of my favorite fumes. I have to say, I was disappointed at first. Fancy Nights is a much more linear and masculine version of Shalimar. I barely smell anything except for wood and amber, maybe a bit of rose if I really try hard. A poor comparison to the powdery, smooth complex blend that I love.
I was about to gift it to a friend when I read suggestions to mix this with other scents, and I absolutely love it now! My theory is that because it is so simple, you can mix it with some of your more sweeter or fruitier scents to "darken" it up a bit for nighttime or cold weather. So far I have tried it with Clean Skin, Yves Rocher Vanille Noir separately and I am blown away by how well it complements other scents!! Doesn't muddy up the other scents at all, and both silage and longevity are boosted. This is a keeper in my collection!

jht4060
jht4060

Fancy Nights should be called In The Library - the dominant note in the top and middle is a slightly musty papyrus (yes Virginia that is a fancy name for paper even though paper is no longer made from papyrus). After a slight bergamot top dissipates, it smells a lot like books with a bit of patchouli spilled on them. I love libraries and books, and I like the scent of In The Library, but once again the marketers have come up with a truly peculiar name. A fancy night in the library studying? A night of fanciful reading? And what this has to do with Jessica Simpson is beyond me. I doubt she has set foot in a library in years (if ever). Some marketer must have suffered an brain aneurism just before deciding to associate library books with the icon of bimbo.

A side note on several comments below - I have Shalimar and there is very little similarity to my nose. Where Shalimar is a strong darkly floral amber with a side dish of leather and civet, Fancy Nights is a rather subtle and papery woody scent, though it does get a bit more vanilla-ambery in the base. I would call them both Orientals, but that is about as far as their similarity goes. Or maybe there is something wrong with my bottle. No, I see that sherapop gets the same library book dominance, and she is the maven.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

I was so glad I purchased a bottle of this after reading the reviews. There is no denying that it starts off with a heavy powdery patchouli note which is something I am very unfamiliar with. It smells like a retro scent, very grown up, at first I was worried it would be too 'old' for me. However it does dry down within 15 minutes or so into a warm spicy, yet powdery scent with very sweet undertones. Its the combination of the spicy yet sweets notes that won me. I wore it at home to try it out and once it had dried down a little I was very pleased. Its just a shame the first spray is soo potent. And you will need just a few sprays of this as a little goes a very long way. I first tried this in the summer and certainly too strong for that time of year. One for the cooler days/months and/or evenings. I would certainly buy this scent again. And would recommend this scent too, especially if sweet scents stick to your skin.

Tea4Too
Tea4Too

Oh Fancy Nights, how I wanted to love you! But we just don't get along. It's not that you're not beautiful because you are. You remind me of an enduring love of mine, Shalimar. You share some of the same qualities; you both have a bold presence at first, a daring patchouli and powdery elegance but you don't stay with me as long as Shalimar does. You seduce me at first with your heady aroma and the promise of more to come and then you leave without things ever really getting deeper. And it seemed like it would be so good! Shalimar stays close and she is creamy and soothing. But you, you have a harsh edge and it's difficult to love you. I admire you though, Fancy Nights. You're not a wallflower, no, you dare to be different. You are much younger than Shalimar but you try to be like her and all your friends are nothing like you, they're so sweet and easy to love. It's hard being you, I know. We spent ten heady days in Venice together and I won't forget you. I wanted to love you Fancy Nights but it wasn't to be. At least we tried.

sultaria
sultaria

I am not a fan of Jessica Simpson at all but I have to admit, this perfume is really great! The packaging is great, from the box it comes in to the bottle. I find it very beautiful and decorative. The perfume itself has a very fresh earthy scent to it, so different from the typical sweet celebrity perfumes. I usually like sweet perfumes, but sometimes I want something different and this definitely fits the bill. It is more unisex than feminine because to me the florals aren't at all detectable and as I mentioned, there are no sweet notes. The patchouli in this is very well blended. It also has a pleasant vanilla note, not a sweet sugary vanilla but just a fresh scent. The longevity of this really depends on how much you decide to spray on yourself. You can easily overdo it if you keep layering this upon itself, so I suggest you do not do this. It is better to reapply this perfume than to overspray. The silage is good. I have received compliments on this and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

I love this, it's a gorgeous oriental that reminds me of my beloved shalimar (which at 17 bucks rather than 90, is a pretty good deal) but it just doesn't smell good on me, I get a weird "sour" note, that I get with all Jessica Simpson's perfumes on my skin.

I spray is on clothes and linens so I can enjoy the scent but my body chemistry and this stuff do not get along.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

Another blind buy. This was on clearance at Ross and I had been wanting to try it after reading reviews. My first spray smelled strongly of alcohol, but as it mellows can make out bergamot, amber and patchouli. I thought it was funny that a reviewer said it reminds her of her husbands Polo cologne because my daughter asked me why I was wearing my boyfriends cologn after I applied FN lol. ;-) He wears some Polo kind. I don't love the smell, but I like it and for $7 the bottle is gorgeous. Besides many perfumes that I originally disliked, I now love.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I bought this as a blind buy because it was on offer. At first I thought OK I may grow to like this one. Sadly it was not to be. For me the notes are too dry and musty smelling, possibly my dry older skin has something to do with it. I gave it to my youngest daughter who loves it. She wears it daily. I am now planning on getting her another bottle for her December birthday.

Voopie
Voopie

This is very good and it´s a fragrance for a mature woman. Reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor Passion but it´s just more powdery..while Passion has a stronger leather smell.

beatricerex
beatricerex

There was a 100ml bottle on sale for $20 at Winners and I'd heard it was a hidden gem, so I took some home. I got it home, sprayed it on, and it was just dreadful... a strong, horrible chemical smell, like nail polish remover or disinfectant. I got no vanilla, patchouli, or amber from this at all, just pure nastiness. Instant headache and a definite scrubber for me.

mysticalblaze
mysticalblaze

I decided to get this on a whim because I came across a large bottle at TJ Max that was super cheap. When I first sprayed it I thought it was gross. It was way too strong and smelled like cat pee. It seriously made my stomach turn. Well a few hrs later it dried down to something beautiful. I have since learned to spray this in the air and let it flow down to me. Worn in that way it really a beautiful Fragrance. And you can't beat the price.

KuanYin
KuanYin

I have to say i only bought this die to some of the reviews here and thank you all, this is a little beauty in my opinion. On the first spray of this i thought yes i know this frag, reviews suggested Prada amber and Dior, Dior a little with the patchouli, it dosn't have the richness of Prada amber, still guessing what it was, i went about my business. Before i went shopping i had another spray and then it came to me in a flash!! Kenzo flower oriental! That's it!! Yes very much so, although a little less incencey. I have to say i love this type of fume smoky, spicy very oriental to my untrained nose and with a hint of my old fav opium in there too, so if you love those types of frag, you will love this. It settles down quite faint but its still there close to the skin and the scent wafting beautifully from my scarf is a little unexpected treat. This is not a strong, heady scent. I think this could be easily worn in day time too and particularly suited to this beautiful bright autumn weather here just now. So if your swithering, i'd say give it a go, it only cost a bargain price of £7.99 on ebay. So thank you fragrantica, this is a wee gem :) x

Pasaka
Pasaka

Recently received this perfume. Very strong and overpowering. Good for winter or cold weather. I'd say a clone of Jacomo Purple. However, can't see any similarities with Prada, this one is more musky and dusty. Not my cup of tea :/

pinkolives
pinkolives

I just received my order of JS Fancy Nights and I am very pleased with the fragrance. I am not a perfume or fragrance expert so this review is JMHO. It reminds me of my husband's RL Polo cologne/perfume. It has a woody base maybe that is the patchouli. It is complicated celebuscent more so than JS Fancy which I also have. On my body chemistry it lingers and radiates similar to my sandalwood based fragrances. I am just getting to familiarize myself with describing the notes in fragrances I have. It seems to have a cinnamon note, amber note, patchouli, possibly coriander, and sandalwood. This is an ideal fragrance for cooler weather. I wouldn't wear this during the summer. I am pretty sure that this would be nauseating to the wearer and those around them. It is a beautiful and elegant under the right conditions.

ZoeGirl
ZoeGirl

This smells very much like Tabu to me. Long lasting and strong. Not a fan of this.

I'm sorry to say, but this is so harsh and musty that it is a major headache causer for me. I just find it horrible.

mihaela01
mihaela01

I have been wearing it for the past three days,and now I can tell it is really lovely.Very complex and rich it is different but not in a bad way,an unexpected good fragrance patchouli and vanilla,superb drydown on me.

medasst
medasst

Smells like recycled Tabu by Dana. I'd swear its the same stuff. Heavy and overbearing!!!

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I'm rather blown away by this perfume and I can't believe it's a celebrity fragrance.
The notes and the composition are very well put together and I agree with one reviewer, that this is similar to Prada Amber.
Unlike Prada amber, this isn't as sickly sweet, however it is strong and I think that little is more in this case.
The reviews for this scent are very negative and I have to say that perhaps this would suit those perfumistas who love a more vintage fume. I say this because it is very powdery and has a prominent amber note, which has a vintage kind of perfume smell about it.
I find this very woody and powdery, lots of amber and patchouli and slightly spicy.
The longevity is impressive and silage is powerful so be careful.
I would actually wear this by spraying it into the air and walking through it.
I'm impressed by this perfume in its composition, wearability and longevity. I definitely don't get that sweet and floral 'celebrity' smell at all, instead I get a very grown up and lovely perfume.

BetterJuice
BetterJuice

Jessica Simpson has a flair for packaging. Her Vintage Bloom comes in such a pretty bottle and this is a nice one, too. I like Fancy NIghts, but only as a nighttime fragrance. I spray it on before going to bed and go on to have some trippy dreams, I must say. I can remember the details of them when I wake up, too.

I sorta like that.

Jessica's got a flair for coming up with interesting juice, complex and not cookie cutter at all. Some compare this one to Queen Latifah's Queen of Hearts, but I find that one sexier and more wearable than Fancy Nights.

It works for me better than Vintage Bloom, though. That one I've relegated to air freshener...

Dragon St Charles
Dragon St Charles

I HAAAAATED this when I bought it. HATED. Big time. I promptly returned it. Fast forward a year later and I've decided to give it another try and.... I am captivated! Obviously I didn't give it enough of a chance, or my tastes have changed/matured, but WOW! This stuff is STRONG at first, but mellows out into a dry but creamy patchouli scent. I paid $10 for a large 3.4 oz bottle at TJMaxx and can't believe how amazingly gorgeous this cheap fragrance is.

ellebelle84

I am very eager and desperate to get rid of my practically brand new bottle (1oz).... Please, if anyone would like it or- even better, swap it, please private message me. Thanks!

TillyWave

This doesn't need another review, but I have to give it to Fancy Nights, it is one amazing perfume!

For those of us who prefer a drier, earthier type of perfume, this is it, with a lot of smoky amber, a hint of spice, a wisp of rose, dry patchouli, green papyrus, a nice musky vanilla. FN is perfectly unisex and would wear well on anyone who simply likes the scent.

Truthfully I used to have Prada Amber but I found it too sweet for my taste, especially compared to this. So I no longer have the Prada.

Lasting power, silage, and strength are all amazing. Actually once it dies down it's not to strong, it wears comfortably--as long as you keep it to 1 or 2 sprays.

FN is one of the scant few celebrity scents I love, let alone like (or even tolerate.) If you are even remotely interested in a scent like this, try it--it can be found so incredibly cheap that it's not a risk at all.

Jaydomax:
Thanks for the tip to layer Beauty over this one. I have them both and am now corious to try it, as i think that FL is sometimes to strong and to heavy.

Jaydomax
Jaydomax

I just bought this after reading so many great reviews and because it was so incredibly cheap in TJMaxx - $10 for 100 ml. For that money I didn't mind if it was a dud. I tried it on and sort of liked it. It rather reminds me of Opium and has that sort of heaviness to it. So, I'm not sure that I'll be wearing this much. BUT... On a whim I sprayed some Elizabeth Arden Beauty over the top and I LOVE the result. It becomes a gorgeous aromatic blend a bit like Aromatics Elixir but nowhere near as strong. Since The Arden Beauty was also a bargain at Marshalls I'm chuffed.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Blindskin test. Too much amber-patchouli for me. Would've preferred more citrus and spices in the mix.

IsabelAlice
IsabelAlice

Don't know yet if I love it or hate it.

Blind bought it. As soon as applied, almost couln't smell it. So I kept applying, and what I got was the most overappliance of perfume that ever happened in my life (until now). Spent the whole day nauseated and astonished, 'how could so many fragranticans be so wrong?' and stored the bottle.

Some days later, layered with coty wild musk oil, this babe got full bloom and smelled even nicer than Prada. BUT I still barely smelling it.

Maybe I'm anosmic to some notes or note arranges in this one. It's curious, since I'm able to smell Prada very well and they're so alike.

So I'll keep trying. Seems to be nicely done, as long as can smell it.

bell82
bell82

This scent is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Jessica Simpson has a very good fragrances all. Piece of work!

PerfumeManiac101
PerfumeManiac101

This fragrance is AMAZING! it is EXTREAMLY peppery and spicy, "which I LOVE", and a hint of wood. I NEED to get a bottle! Amazing Scent!

Goldfarb
Goldfarb

Love this scent! For a celebrity scent Jessica is tops!

srimati
srimati

Smelled a bit like Emeraude to me, if anyone remembers that one. Kinda "chyperie" but not really. Has some wood notes. I wasn't too thrilled about this one, but I wasn't totally disappointed either. Ho-hum.

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

I am really surprised by how good this perfume is!!! Today is the first time that I actually wore it, that I put on more than just a spritz on the wrist. I'm at hour 8 and it still smells good! Fainter than in earlier hours, but still definitely there.

For me, this is amazing longevity! My body tends to shed fragrance within minutes of application. I have given up trying to wear cologne at all, and I will only buy edt if there is absolutely nothing else available. So to have an edp still smelling good after so many hours is almost a record.

Good thing that I really like the fragrance!

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Papyrus seems to be all the go with fragrances at the moment. Fancy Nights is no exception. It has a lovely dry down, in fact a gent could wear this and pull it off easily. Papyrus is giving it a dry, savory-like quality that I like and find quite unusual.

Amber?! Yes, plenty of it! Patchouli, yep, lots of that too! I find it fantastic during winter and summer as it warms you when you're cold and makes you feel like you're bathing in a cool green, blue ocean in the warm months. The floral elements aren't apparent to my nose, a tiny hint of jasmine perhaps? Sandalwood is always a particular favourite of mine on the dry down and this one doesn't fail to deliver.

Deep, rich, woody, dry and not too sweet. It is radically different from the original in Jessica's Fancy line of fragrances. It lasts a good 24 hours on my skin and waking up in the middle of the night is always a pleasure with this scent as it has a lingering, haunting, delicate - yet noticeable, quality about it.

The green bottle is lovely. A good old solid, simple, green glass bottle suits the fragrance well. You can picture this particular bottle on a shelf in a fragrance shop in days of old where well to do ladies liaised with their perfume makers, dabbing various scents on their lacy wrists to try and find the right concoction for their body chemistry.

ForrealMe2

I have Prada Amber & Intense with Intense being the better of the two but i must say..this perfume right here tops both of them! It is the same scent but with more vanilla and it is much more stronger..oh i really love this scent and want to buy it again but i don't know if i should i i already own two similar to it but this one is the better of the 3..the only one that can compete with this scent is Chanel Coromandel which is this scent but it turns into something sweet and spicy which is wonderful..but for the price and quality of this fragrance its wonderful..it lasts all day long and you will smell wafts of this...the patchouli,the vanilla and spice is so prominent and it is a bit masculine because of the patchouli but please test these out before you buy..if you love vanilla you will love this to me it smelled like rice pudding or bread pudding...its very dessert gourmand...this is not a fragrance you buy without testing please test it first...but if you like orientals and if you like Chanel coromandel or Prada you will love this...man i may have to buy another bottle i miss the yumminess of this more than my other two bottles of Prada..i should of just bought more of this...at a fraction of the price

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

first off I usually hate Chypre scents & oakmoss or anything greenish, but I love strong orientals so I had to try and I ended up with my first 3.4 size perfume bottle

This really surprised me. Very strong, complex, rich and has heavy patcholi. Fits in great with my oriental collection.

First several hours it had heavy sillage, at over 12 hrs (the next morning) it's just a 2-3" sillage but the smell is still strong! Hated having to shower it off.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Woodsy, alluring, complex ingredients. Hits a lower alto register - bordering on tenor. Could be worn possibly as a unisex scent. I could see that men would be able to wear this without it smelling like perfume.

This starts off very strong, but dried down very quickly with my chemistry. It was as soft as a whisper about 30 minutes after I sprayed it.

I'm drawn to this, it is very alluring.

------------

This has a dark, deep, rich type woodsy smell.
It also has something that hits me with a little bit of the scratchiness in the back of the throat like asthma. This gives me an allergic type reaction... which happens to me in about 5% of the perfumes/fragrances that I've tried.

Don't let this stop you- this may actually be YOUR THING.
I like the smell of this, but I don't like the reaction that I'm having to this.

FrancesAnne
FrancesAnne

Bought this because I already have Fancy Love and to my surprise it smelt exactly like Prada. It also smelt the same on my skin and lingered nicely. Amazing bottle also. If you like Prada you will love this.

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

This is such a lovely, amber-patchouli blend. I braced and prepared myself, based on other reviews, for a nuclear patchouli bomb but upon initial spray, all I got was a clear, polished resin over soft patchouli and spice. A fuzzy warmth buzzed in the background, kind of paper-pulpy, which must have been the papyrus note. It reminds me of the cocoa powder note in SJP's "Covet". A clear, honeyed sweetness lingered in the background of "Fancy Nights", with the tiniest dash of creaminess, tying this unusual flanker to the rest of the "Jessica Simpson" line.

I'm confused because to me, this scent doesn't smell like men's aftershave or even a big, woman's perfume from the 80's, like others have written. Yes, it's perfectly unisex but not in a conscious way, more in the way that most resin and spice scents are; they are equally sexy and alluring on both men and women (and everyone in-between) and they transcend concepts of gender.

"Fancy Nights" is distinctive and has a subtle, green spice to it, reminding me a little of "Tabu", "Emeraude", "Desert Spring"(Maroma oils) or "Imari" but it's more refined than most of those. It does very strongly resemble the original "Prada" but it's, dare I say it, better blended and smoother than that higher end brand.

This is a really excellent fragrance and the low price makes it even better. Jessica Simpson's brand has routinely turned out exceptional scents and I consider it to be one of, if not the, best "celebrity fragrance" brand on the market. Well done, Jessica.

Advice for wear: This scent will last and linger a very, long time; at full strength, about 8-10 hours. A soft, ambery drydown will probably last into the next day or until you wash it off in the shower. Like all musky spice/resin blends, a little goes a long way so no more than a "dab will do ya'". I used only the slightest spray on one wrist and rubbed that against my other wrist and the sides of my neck. I love the spicy, resinous smoothness of "Fancy Nights" but this is not the kind of fragrance that respects everyone so you have to be respectful, for it. Apply with caution, especially if you know you will be wearing it in an enclosed space.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Hmmm, I like this....deep, rich, and woody with a ton of patchouli. For some reason it reminds me of dark chocolate after some time on my skin. My issue is with the sillage and longevity, which in my skin are both very soft. For this reason, FN is more of a cuddly, stay at home and snuggle type of fragrance and not a bold, date night type of perfume. I do think this smells much more expensive than the $10 I bought it for, that's for sure!

pyji
pyji

I actually really like this though it's very bold for a celebrity fragrance. I cannot connect the smell with Jessica Simpson's persona at all, it is the kind of brave scent I was expecting when I tested Fame. Actually, these two perfumes could easily swap their contents to better embody the celebrities they represent. It's an edgy, intense, kind of gothicy scent and pretty much the only patchouli perfume I am capable of enjoying. It's very mossy, I think it would go over the heads of a lot of people, but it has something classy and mysterious about it. The kind of girl who'd wear this would pair it with black patent pumps and wine red lipstick.

Jillita
Jillita

I had high hopes for this celeb scent, because so many positive reviews talked up the surprise factor that this was a celeb fragrance, and the notes of it covered all the bases I wanted: woody, patch, oriental, spicy, longevity, and inexpensive. wow, Jessica Simpson is a patch lover, who knew? But the marshmallow! Oh, lord, the marshmallow. It's a campfire in a cedar forest during a drought with cheerleaders making s'mores! The longevity is there, and the sillage, to spare. The bottle is cute in an antiques store Deco way. But, ye gads, the marshmallow!

mary.dinoface
mary.dinoface

I just got this perfume without smelling it first and I regret it. Its smells like ur walking thru the woods or hugging a tree lol. I dont really like it

NicoleO
NicoleO

This reminds me a bit of Prada amber, although I find it nowhere near as nice.

butterbean
butterbean

Dear Fancy Nights,

My sister wore you for a month and ...ouch! - you smelled like sharp armpits on her!

A month or two later I saw you sitting on the shelf at Ulta and gave you a sniff. I wanted to see if it was my sister or just you, with that awful stench. I determined it was just you, as the testers at Ulta screamed at my nose (both with a spray in the air, and also on myself).

A co-worker came in wearing you one day, so proud of her new purchase of Fancy Nights, all I got wafting off her was bitter sharp patchouli reminiscent of armpits again.

HOWEVER, just 20 min ago, I just sprayed you from a tester bottle at Shopko (of all places). You surprised me...smelling very nice!
Perhaps its the day, what I ate yesterday, the time of year, the freshness of the bottle or the people that I smelled it on -- who knows? -- but today you smelled very good (SHOCKER!).

I am not ready to buy a bottle of you, since I have other wants right now, but I just wanted you to know -- for all the comments of disdain, and disgust -- my apologies.

Butterbean

P.S. I don't like your name, and the fact you are a celeb fragrance is annoying, and your bottle is ugly.

tyekristopher

I didn't think fancy nights smelt cheap, I thought it was actually one of the better quality celeb scents it is so deep and complex

antfarm
antfarm

Very unpleasant, cheap-smelling fragrance. It smells like someone bastardized a Guerlain. It smells kind of salty and vintage like Mitsuoko...only with a bunch of low-quality patchouli, cheap amber, and rubbing alcohol added in. Maybe it just didn't work for me.

joliecat
joliecat

What a FABULOUSLY well made fragrance ! Fancy Nights is MUCH BETTER than many expensive perfumes ! The silage and longevity rivals superb vintage fragrances !

ALL the notes here individually take turns showcasing themselves, over and over again.....each one smoothly moving to the front, then moving to the background to let another note shine for a while. The soft musk envelops each note all the way through. Fancy Nights is rich and expertly blended.

Sweet, but not too sweet, woody but not too woody, very slightly powdery, could be unisex, but leans more to the feminine side. Nothing sharp or overpowering in this perfume. The soft musk smooths out each note.

I bought Fancy Nights based on your reviews, and I'm thrilled ! I wish ALL perfumes were this well made and long lasting !

The wood note is strong at first and continues at a lower volume for a long time. It also has a sweet/musky quality, which is probably why some view it as too "masculine." Yes, Old Spice had some of these qualities, along with florals, but remember that it began its "life" as a "feminine" scent! This is much simpler than OS and is much more balanced (also has no animalic quality, unlike OS). The patchouli is obvious but blended into the whole and light. There is a kind of orange tint to it, which may be bergamot and amber/vanilla. The rose is mild and comes across more as powdery than flowery. I'm not sure where the jasmine fits in here, but I don't detect anything identifiable as such. Over time it's mostly a musky vanllic scent, slightly powdery and woody. It smells natural and projection ("sillage") seems easy to control. I think this would make more sense to market as unisex, but that's only if the main concern was accuracy, and I have no illusions about how this "industry" operates. If you want something complex and challenging, I suggest looking elsewhere, but I'd certainly rather wear this one that most recent designer or celebrity releases, "masculine," "feminine," or "unisex."

Rosey8821
Rosey8821

This was a blind buy due to all the positive reviews and because it was cheap. I really didn't know what to expect. When i first sprayed this, i felt the fragrance assaulted my olfactory senses, big time! It was just bitter and musty smelling, like a combustion of smells exploding in my nose. I was like wtf have i done?

I gave it some time and it settled down and became a sweet yet smokeywoody scent. Its strong and very different to anything I've owned or smell. I like it because it's different and daring but for the same reasons i don't like it. I have to be in a very daring mood or find a occasion to wear it. But for its nice and sophisticated.

kaejuntun

Have to comment - I was finally able to try Prada Amber and yes, Fancy Nights and Prada Amber do resemble one another. One me, though, Fancy Nights is smoother with a more powdery feel while Prada Amber is a tad bit stronger and less powdery, probably because of the leather note. Prada Amber is actually a bit warmer too, where Fancy Nights is kind of "dry" from the papyrus. I actually like Fancy Nights a lot more - which is great since FN costs a fraction of what PA costs! PA is just a bit too strong for me.

demurevelvet
demurevelvet

I don't find Jessica's Fancy Night wearable. The patchouli is just too overpowering for me. I did just discover Nicole Ritchie's perfume and it is quite similar. Nicole's has more sugared berry and the patch is muted.

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

I'm sorry I just can't get down with this perfume. I tried it twice and I was really hoping to like it since this is my first woody fragrance and I have read a zillion positive reviews. Unfortunately, I smell like a pine tree or like I just splashed men's aftershave. I wish I had sampled it first but it was a blind buy from Ross. Sadly, I will be putting this up for swap.I was really hoping to like this one but it is too strong for me.

aqua76239
aqua76239

Hmm, I see a lot of people voted for Prada in terms of simularity but I have to smell Prada again because I don't remember Prada smelling like this at all.

I bought Fancy Nights due to all the good reviews. Saw it at TJ Maxx for 9.99 which clearly is a bargain. Notes sounded good to me but once I tried it on..Not sure its my cup of tea..I am kind of on the fence at the moment. I love the inial notes-sweet spicy with lot of patchoili. Alas the drydown is very old fashioned and powdery to my nose. It reminded me of Chantilly(which I can't stand). It doesn't seem very modern to me at all.
I will have to wear it few more times, I guess..at the moment, I am just not sure. I don't see this as safe blind buy unless you get it dirt cheap like I did.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This is most certainly Jessica's best.

The problem with her perfume line is essentially the lack of innovation and wow-factor, what with Fancy, I Fancy You, Vintage Bloom, etc, all having that sweet, fresh, light quality to them.

This is where Fancy Nights steps in, shattering that lack of innovation with a sharp, piney burst of patchouli, papyrus, and amber, as part of this fragrance that echoes the high-end essence of L'Artisan's Patchouli Patch and L'Etat Libre's Eloge du Traitre.

This fragrance is strong, sensual, and altogether alluring in a very dark, mysterious way. This is a very unprecedented move within the celebrity fragrance market, because this one shows that Jessica isn't all about simply appealing to the masses; rather, she's wanting to create a legitimate line of fragrances that show her love for the art and her eye for fashion.

It opens, develops, and dries with heavy, fresh patchouli. It's not the dirty type of Patchouli found in TM's Angel, but it's rather a fuller, richer, sweet patchouli. The amber and vanilla keeps this from smelling rank, while the papyrus freshens up the scent experience, giving it a fir-reminiscent edge.

This perfume makes me think of an evergreen forest, floored with pine needles and fallen cones, dripping with resin, with a frosty cold-breeze passing through.

Definitely a masterpiece within the celebrity fragrance world. I got a 1.7oz bottle from FragranceNet for $13 with free shipping.

For the quality and the price, you simply cannot beat it.

amoregal
amoregal

Not really sure about this yet. Picked it up on a whim while shopping at TJ Maxx for something else, since it was very inexpensive, and readers recommended.

At first I found it very sweet smelling. I was looking for the patchouli rush, but on my skin it was more powdery sweet vanilla. Maybe I didn't put enough on (2-3 sprays). It's not bad, but doesn't knock my sox off either. But, for the price, I am willing to give it a try. With my other favorites (Sicily, Dolce Vita, Organza, Amarige Mariage, Queen of Hearts, among others), I am constantly smelling my arm. This hasn't happened yet.

So, the jury is still out. If nothing else, I can use it to spray my bedding, as another poster suggested.

kfleumer
kfleumer

This wonderful perfume is a stunner... it's been said many many times by other reviewers, I won't add another repetition, only this: if you're trying this impatiently you might be taken aback by the very soloist patchouli note that comes forward first. It's there for 10, 15 minutes in an unexciting way, then for a moment the whole symphony even seems to weaken a bit (internally: Oh well it was cheap... what could I expect...) but THEN..! Well, see below.

ebony5
ebony5

Fancy Nights is certainly unexpected. It retains a sweetness, but is richly woody, slightly spicy. On me, I get juniper and cedar although the description does not include those notes. The fragrance almost leans to the unisex but is saved by the jasmine and rose notes that keep a strong but low feminine edge to it.

Right out of the bottle it shocks the nose - do not judge it by a spray on paper or in the air. This is a fragrance that needs your skin to come into its own. I think it is the patchouli that does this, that melds so uniquely to one's body chemistry. Once I sprayed this on before I did some heavy exercise in the sun and it absolutely blossomed into a far-reaching, exquisite bouquet with sparkling grass notes in addition to a cool undertone - the best of summer brightness, winter crispness and ashy shade.

Imagery: Makes me think of a manicured garden at night. A cool marble terrace overlooking a juniper and cypress garden maze, pruned to perfection. Between the two a soft fountain, sparkling under the moonlight, softly gushing. On the terrace are several potted citrus trees as well as jasmine winding up the building side. A Renaissance Italian villa on a midsummer's night.

It reminds me of the liquors Underberg and Jagermeister . It is spicy, but not jarring, sweet but not sugary, feminine but neither delicate nor light. Be advised - Fancy Nights is not a faceless crowd-pleaser like so many celebrity scents Try before you buy. But for those with the taste and body chemistry for it, it can be a real treat.

butterflyblue
butterflyblue

Super sexy-unbelievable scent. I had several recommendations from the ladies on Fragrantica and as always they were right! Hard to describe how amazing this perfume smells. Its one of my favorites..

loonad

I'm starting to use this perfume this winter. This is very strong and according to my husband very sexy and addictive. The citrus in this is very pleasant and the patchouli rightly dosed. However I have used this once in summer and it smelled of wet earth and was knocking people down left,right and centre. This is a winter and fall perfume.

pierson
pierson

Hm.

I sprayed myself with a Fancy Nights tester at Gordman's last night, as I love woody/spicy scents and I'd heard good things about this perfume.

Firstly, let me say this lasts forever. This has lasted nearly twenty-four hours, though now it's very faint, vanilla-sweet on my skin.

I would go for this in a minute because I love patchouli, but. There's something in this that smells very disagreeable to me. It isn't rank, but something far too sweet. Sickly-sweet like marshmallows dipped in sugar and then in syrup. I've no idea what this might be--there's nothing in the notes that even vaguely suggest it. At any rate, whatever this is takes something that would otherwise be lovely into something that I really don't like. And it lasted for *hours.* I know it wasn't some other perfume, because my wrist was bare and I only test one perfume at a time to avoid confusing them.

I'll try this perfume again, because maybe something was just off that day. I'd like this very much, otherwise.

Kendrasage
Kendrasage

I got this on a whim and at first I thought it I liked it. Not so much.
I am not a huge fan of patchouli and there is a lot in this. It smelled like licorice when I first smelled which is why I bought it, but now... The patchouli is just too strong and overwhelming.

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

Ok im not a perfume snob (thank goodness or I'd miss lots of cheap but good perfumes) but I'm obsessed with perfumes and i do like a quality perfume!! A perfume does not have to be $100+ to be good quality or smell good! And just because it cost $100+ does not mean it smells good!
Anyway....
Wow!!! This stuff is nicely done...from the bottle to the juice!!
The bottle is beautiful...it looks vintagie to me...love the color green with gold and the detailing.
The juice....I am not sure if I love it just yet but i have the same feeling for most perfumes...but I do like it and I appreciated a lot on top of all my other perfumes (and I have black orchid, angel, alien, white patchuli and more)
Lol when I put this on I feel like I'm an elf princess, who is the protector of the forrest lol i imagine it smells like a Forrest would smell like. It's smells like I was digging in the dirt, carving into trees, and picking strong smelling flowers like roses and jasmines! I like when I put on a perfume and my mind runs wild and it makes me feel a type of way (in a positive way that is) that's when I know a perfume is good for me!!!

When I first spray this, I get the most amazing whiff of citrus tree leaves but it fades and faints nicely with the other notes..I detect the patch (which I noticed I like in my fumes)...I believe is patch as to me patch smells a tiny bit menthol and pine cone like...I detect woods, something musky, and faint flowers...I smell roses and jasmine! Yum

This reminds me of the way my mom's room smells...like jean Nate and scented body powders!

At first my nostrils were insulted, it was too strong...I like strong scents but this was like a punch in the face!!! However, after a few seconds it mellows and then it is lovely...it doesn't change much on my skin but as it fades, it turns more musky and powdery.

I am so impressed with the Longetivity...I sprayed this like around 8pm on my wrist and in the morning when I woke up, it was still lingering on my skin and not faintly!!! Which never happens on my skin...on my skin fumes disappear extremely fast!!
Furthermore, I find this fume a tiny bit masculine...which is right up my alley!! But this fume is all woman...I mean a man can wear this deffinetely without smelling womanly!! It's sophisticated, strong, and lovely...I don't know if it's sexy yet as I have not being around men yet...my husband hates most perfumes...I mean the only times he said to me I smell good was when I had on Amber romance from Victoria's secret and Another time when I was wearing Noa...however...the guys around here are used to fruity flowery bath and body works or VIctorias secret, juicy couture...so I doubt they will appreciate perfumes as like Fancy Nights.
I sure like this a lot and hopefully I will love it soon as I realize that happens a lot...I go from I don't like it to oh ok, to it's nice, to I like it, to I love it (but I hardly ever love a perfume).
I concider this a weird beautiful perfume!!! Just because of what people wear around here tsk tsk

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

It's easy to imagine why this fragrance has garnered so many negative reviews. Must be quite a shock to anyone who approaches it expecting your typical celeb-u-scent!

Like other posters here I have only the haziest notion of who Jessica Simpson is, and was drawn to trying this by the mention in other reviews of heavy patchouli and the comparison to Chrsitian Lacroix C'est La Fete Patchouli. Also of course, it's cheap to buy. I'm ever keen on getting bang for my buck.

In fact I currently have both the above fragrances on, one on each arm. While there are simiarities they are not actually that much alike. They both open with very evident patchouli but whereas C'est La Fete has a really filthy patch note going on, Fancy Nghts is much more gentle and refined in comparison, to my nose at least.

Fancy Nights has quite a bit of sweetness which somehow comes over as a little fruity to me. The florals are present but rather in the background.

There's something very light and "white" smelling which I suppose may be the papyrus. I don't dislike it and it adds interest.

I think the main difference in quality shows at the end, where C'est La Fete turns into a divine sandalwoody concoction which has me continuously sniffing at my wrist, while Fancy Nights just fades politely away.

In the same way that I think C'est La Fete punches way above its weight, Fancy Nights is an extraordinary fragrance to be associated with a celeb like Jessica Simpson. Of course she almost certainly had nothing to do with its creation apart from lending it her name and collecting the royalties. I wonder if she even smelled it before it was launched? Sorry to sound cynical, but much as I would like to say "Well done Jessica" I really believe it is unlikely to have had anything to do with her personally.

Anyway, to sum up - very interesting, very unusual for this type of product, well worth checking out.

Arrielle
Arrielle

I like the smell. It goes beyond those "nice" perfumes that " do ont offend anybody", which I usually appreciate. It is very sexy, I would say sexual. I see it on a provocative woman in her 30s, in an elegant restaurant. Yet..like all the other Fancys I've tried, it does not stay. I sparyed it and my very first impression was..wow, kind of too much for going to office in it. In 20 minutes it became very pleasant. In 40 minutes to an hour there wasn't much there. In 2 hours..no sign of perfume anymore.
The other Fancys...behaved even worse.
Yet, the bottle is very nice..:)

wooedwithpeonies
wooedwithpeonies

'Is this like "fancy for him" like the guy version of the original fancy?'. This is what I said when I smelled this for the first time. Then I searched the box to find a indication of which sex this was meant for - seriously. but even for a man this is still bad. the sent is patchouli, patchouli, patchouli add in a dash of a heavy wood sent and even heavier sappy amber, stick it in a green bottle and you got Fancy Nights.

sweetiepea161616

LOVE this perfume. A year ago, I hated it, but now I just think it's fantastic. I love the sweet, soft, vanilla/amber drydown, and of course the patchouli (and I guess papyrus-what the heck does that smell like?) adds such a nice sophistication. And the price, man it's impossible to beat! I got a 1 oz EDP, 1 oz lotion, and 1 oz shower gel in a giftset for $9.99 at Ross!!! So in love. It does go on strong, but then it softens and becomes so yummy and delicious. I would wear this for a night out anytime! And I wouldn't worry about it smelling cheap, because I don't think it does. I think it smells a bit expensive actually. I'm sure it could rival a few well known, more expensive, similar scents! Wish I had tried the Prada so I could compare!

Robih
Robih

Purchased on sale at Shoppers, one of the few Oriental gems among their mostly fruity/floral 'clearance' priced offerings. On me, the patchouli and rose are initially dominant, almost fighting for the upper hand. After a while, they co-mingle, and are joined by a bit of vanilla sweetness and amber warmth. I think this is a wonderfully balanced fragrance, with reasonable staying power.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

I was gifted Fancy Nights by a wonderful swapper. It is one of the best fragrances I have smelt recently. Do not judge it because it is a celebrity scent! This is a quality fragrance.
Many people think it is similar to Prada Amber. I agree there is a similarity but Fancy Nights is a tiny bit smoother and sweeter due to the presence of vanilla. No bitterness as in Prada Amber. Consequently it is easier to wear. It is a very sexy scent with a moderate sillage, but most of all it is very comforting. Un coup de foudre!

pipergirl
pipergirl

Found this at Ross for a good price so I decided to treat myself to a blind buy. Fancy Nights is a heavier scent than I would normally wear - a little goes a long way so beware (one light spray is plenty for me)! But I have to say that I like this perfume as an evening scent. It's feminine, sexy and bold all at the same time; the dry down is nice - powdery, sweet but not at all timid. Great sillage. Not something I would normally wear (I usually wear lighter scents), but something I probably will wear when I'm in the mood for something different.

jessbug
jessbug

Ah, sounds like I had the exact same deal MaddieClfd had; 3.4 oz for around 11 euros. I bought it unsniffed, edged on by the polarized reviews this fragrance inspired (begrudging respect/complete love/total hate). Now that I've tried FN a few times myself, I'm ready to add to the pile!

First off, I'm not a patchouli lover. I like patch as a supportive player, but after my Neonatura Cocoon fiasco I decided that patchouli as a main player was just not for me. Fancy Nights has made me reconsider this stance a bit, because the patchouli in this smells classy, warm, a little powdery and old-fashioned, even a bit oriental! It just takes me back to memories of my grandmother's house. That is not a bad thing; she was classy and quite modern! To me this perfume smells classical.

The only thing that keeps it from smelling great on me is also what makes it so precious: the papyrus note (I think). When I press my nose to my skin there is a somewhat stale paper note there, which only strengthens the association with my grandma's room; she had shelves full of books, and her wallpaper smelled like this note (yes, apparently I sniffed walls when I was a kid).

I'm not sure how I feel about Fancy Nights. The paper note both ruins and makes this scent for me, because while not completely pleasant, it does remind me of my awesome grandmother. I also feel like this scent is somehow not complete...like it's lacking a final ingredient. That detracts from the quality for me. But I'm crossing into the realm of Ridiculously Subjective now, so I'll stop.

I truly applaud Jessica Simpson for trying to do something new by doing something old-fashioned. Although I think the formula COULD be improved upon, I haven't seen (or smelled) any other celeb do it better :)

As far a the bottle is concerned; the glass bottle is okay, but I dislike the matte plastic caps on this and Fancy Love! They look so much cheaper and cruddier than the metal ones on Fancy and I Fancy You.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I blind bought it, 100 ml for £9.99. I had a quick look on here, reviews saying that it reminded people of Prada sold it to me. And I waited for my bottle to arrive, keeping my fingers crossed, hoping not to get disappointed.
I'm not a fan of J. Simpson, I'm not even sure who she is - honest, some blond celebrity, yet another one. I just don't care really. I do like the fact that celebrity perfume exist, some are quite good and the best thibg about them - they are usualy cheap.

So my bottle arrived - I tested it straight away - yes, it is similar to Prada, but not like Prada. It isn't a twin of a much more expensive fragrance, but it there are similarities. Opening - very similar to my nose. But after a few minutes it develops in a different way, sweeter, after an hour or so again becomes cery similar to Prada.

I do like patchouli, amber and I do like Prada, I got to like this one too. Longevity is very good, I honestly don't know about the sillage. I could smell it on myself and I think there wad a cloud of fragrance around me. It will do me as an every day prada, and the original will be saved for better occassions.

I guess it could be classified as colder weather scent. Nice, happy with it.

Aeris
Aeris

Jessica Simpson really surprised me with this one. This perfume is very dark and mature, a big departure from her usual candy-like scents (and somewhat ditzy personality).
I honestly hated this the first time I sampled it on a test strip and thought it smelled like men's after shave.
After reading the reviews here, I had to give it another go and give it time to blossom fully. I did a blind buy of a full bottle online and am ultimately NOT disappointed at all.
The dry-down is beautiful, just beautiful. It congers up images of me being in a mysterious, magical forest at night with the moon beaming down....while dressed in a long, flowing princess dress with a unicorn following me and fairies fluttering by a pond. Ok, ok so this is one of my guilty pleasure perfumes. But I just love it when a perfume is capable of making my imagination go wild like this. It doesn't happen very often.
I love the mixture of patchouli, papyrus, myrrh, vanilla, moss, amber, and sandalwood. The only thing I would change is the longevity since it doesn't last long enough for me (or maybe I'm too spolied by Thierry perfumes that last forever?).
Hopefully this doesn't get discontinued (but with my luck, it will...). This is one of the few celebrity perfumes that I will fully endorse. In fact, it's in my top 3.
Also, I learned from this perfume to never judge a perfume by first sniff, or second for that matter. Give it time to unfold and reveal it's true self! :)

Update: I'm still loving it several weeks later, but I have noticed that the longevity is even worse than originally thought. Oh well, it's cheap enough to be able to buy it more often :)

lilou
lilou

I purchased all "Fancy" fragrances. This one is not my favorite, yet I love it though.
It's very woody, creamy, warm and seductive. Patchouli is very present.
It reminds me of Agent Provocateur fragrances. This one is better for mature and confident women.
Very good longevity.

lcommisso
lcommisso

The papyrus makes this fragrance different, but I'm not sure if that is a good thing. I agree with the other reviewers that this is a surprisingly mature fragrance for a celebrity, particularly Jessica Simpson (remember the dessert line?!?!?). My husband hates the smell when I first spray it, and I have to agree with him. The drydown is better, but I feel like it should almost be layered with something softer. If you're looking to buy, Marshall's typically carries a large bottle on the cheap.

gashdown
gashdown

She walks into the gallery. She's a bit more than fashionably late. She only half-cared about going to the "vernissage", it's on some sketchy industrial street in the middle of nowhere, Brooklyn. A pain to get to. She looks for a place to drop her fur coat (a family heirloom) while keeping an eye out for a glass of wine. There ought to be some left. She pretends to look at the paintings. She's a bit bored, or "blasée" as she says. She doesn't even try to mingle for she knows people will come to her, they always do. She's wearing a $39.99 H&M cocktail dress, but on her it looks stunning. Her lips are painted red, as always. She's not the prettiest young lady there, but she stands out. Men notice her, women give her that look.

She goes up to the artist, an old acquaintance, to congratulate him. He stares at her for a moment. They've always had this lingering attraction for each other, but never acted on it. "You smell amazing, what is it?" he asks, truly intrigued. "A lady never reveals her secrets..." she answers with a flirty wink.

Truth is, she'd never admit to wearing a Jessica Simpson fragrance!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I picked up a bottle today on a whim at a local discount retailer for $10, figuring "Hey, it's $10!" and vaguely remembering that I'd thought the notes it contained were interesting when I'd checked it out here some weeks ago. $10, I thought, is an acceptable risk on a blind buy - especially considering that I risked nearly $70 on a YSL gift set in the not-to-distant past. WOW am I glad I took that risk!!! This scent is, while not quite on par with Chanel or YSL, quite good. It is well-blended, balanced, has great longevity and silage, and is an incredible bargain!! I must confess, I didn't expect too much from a celeb frag, especially given JS's ditzy-gal image (which is great, it's just not ME). I am quite pleasantly surprised, and this is an instant date-night favorite for me! As others have noted, Fancy Nights is very patchouli-rich, heady and dark. The opening is masculine and harsh, but within minutes a wonderful transformation begins and the fragrance morphs into a woody, balmy, powdery, slightly spicy taste of heaven. Silage with just a spray is decent, projecting arm's length for more than just a couple of hours. I sprayed a good 5 hours ago and it still projects at least 4 inches from my arm - even some of the high-end fragrances in my collection don't do that, except maybe Opium. I can't believe the bargain I got on this, and am not sure why it was marketed as a celeb frag instead of by a higher-end company. It is that good. Definitely a keeper, and I may seek out a larger bottle to make sure I never run out!! Great job, Ms. Simpson, on snagging a bombshell of a frag for your line!

Milladane
Milladane

If there are more tester bottles in front of me than the number of my wrists, then celebrity fragrances would not end up on my skin, but there was a lone tester in front of me at a no tester kind of store, so I did a couple sprays on my left wrist....and it was mostly what I expected from celebrity fragrances - good in a common, mediocre way. It was smooth, sweet, cozy, warm, and very powdery. Powdery almost like vintage perfumes which I love.

However, under all the velvety smoothness, there was something not good about it. I can't recall exactly what it was, but all I know was that it was NOT elegant. Just a little too "something".... which made me furrow my brow. I wish I could be more specific, but I was out running errands and did not have time to sniff every 5 minutes nor pen and paper ready to jot down every thought. I'm not opposed to testing it again if that lone bottle is still there the next time I''m at that store, but I will probably be too distracted to stop what I'm doing to analyze it.

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

Although I did end up purchasing this fragrance, I did not like it when I first tested it. And I am still on the fence about it. The scent made me go 'What the hell?!'. Patchouli is one of my FAVOURITE notes ever, but in my opinion, it has to be balanced in order to work, considering it is such a strong note. Thierry Mugler's fragrances always have a variation of sweet notes to counteract his signature patchouli-gourmand scents, but this fragrance is just patchouli, patchouli & more patchouli! It has male cologne qualities as well, I could picture this from Guerlain, marketed towards men & many buying it. But as a celebrity women's perfume, it deeply confuses me... Especially since Jessica's last 2 fragrances prior to this were sweet & floral. This took an interesting turn and it is yet to grow on me, but for the moment, I am liking it. For the true lovers of raw, earthly patchouli, do not be deterred by the name on this fragrance. It is certainly not another generic fruity-floral blend!

* Just an update on my previous review above, I wore this fragrance throughout the week, and oh my god, the compliments I got specifically from the male gender! They go crazy for this fragrance. I have no idea what it is! Some told me I smelt really good, others asked what I sprayed in the room, and some even wanted to buy a bottle!
It's amazing!

evilyse
evilyse

I recieved the fragrance set as a gift. I wanted to love it, I really did, but honestly, the smell made me gag!

The first offense was the patchouli, it smelled synthetic rather than woodsy. The other offense was the overwhelming powder scent that continued to linger even *after* I showered! I don't know how to say this without being crude, so I'm just going to say it: the smell reminds me of the unwashed elderly women who come to the doctors' office trying to cover up the unfortunate fact that haven't bathed in a month...

Like I said above, I really wanted to love it, especially as it was a gift, but I hated it so much I couldn't even bring myself to give it away. Instead, I ended up throwing it aweay.

Senzadite
Senzadite

Very masculine patchouli laced gracefully with bergamot and vanilla, the quality here is surprisingly good for the price that you pay( $17.00 Dlls. for a big bottle!!!)i can´t believe that i like this so much, it can easy be priced at $90 dlls. with a heavy glass bottle and become something like: Vanilust Pour Homme with no problem.

RIYL : Midnight Poison, Narciso Rodriguez Him, Opium Pour Homme

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

I bought Fancy Nights at a bargain of around 21 usd for a 100ml edp bottle, so I figured, not bad for a blind buy.

Are you sure this is a celebrity fragrance? Are you sure this is one by Jessica Simpson? The bubblegum popping, boot wearing, blonde bimbo? Do not judge a perfume by the name of the celebrity slapped on it, then! Fancy nights is incredibly complex, sensual, sophisticated, and oddly, deeply comforting. Two half sprays on each wrist last an incredible 6 hours on a cloudy day like today. Fancy nights is strong but not overpowering. This balmy incense and patchouli fragrance starts on sharply upon first spray, and mellows down after 30 minutes. Smooth, warm, powdery and slightly sweet, if velvet had a smell, it would reek of Fancy nights.You can call it the poor girl's Prada Amber, or Shalimar on a budget. I can imagine wearing this with a black lace dress and high heels, with a neat updo and darkly rimmed smoky eyes.
Underrated, brave and a real standout--totally a departure from the generic fruity florals that flood the celebrity perfume world. Well done!

bailarina
bailarina

What fruit? I don't get any fruit notes on any kind, just the patchouli with other earthy foresty notes. I have to admit that I was afraid of what was going to come out of that bottle after I read the reviews, but at the same time I was very curious so I bought it. It was not half as bad. When I first sprayed it on my wrist it was a woody masculine scent, but not really like pinesol though I understand the comparison. The oak moss and the papyrus makes it smell like a forest at night. Then after 20 minutes on my skin it turned into a soft powdery woody scent, slightly spicy, that was now acceptable as a woman's fragrance, expensive smelling too. My husband said: "It's OK" (He only likes Floral-Fruities). Believe me he would say it's atrocious, if it really was. I like it because I have 101 Floral Fruities and I wanted something different. This is comfortable and cozy and it reminds me of playing Hide and Seek with my friends outside at night, around the neighborhood pine trees.

Sirenn
Sirenn

Fancy Nights is a heavy (but not highly projecting) fruit-chouli fragrance on my skin. I believe this is owing to the papyrus and bergamot which never seem to fully ease out of the opening notes stage. Sadly my nose could find no vanilla, amber or sandalwood in continued wear. In that respect, Fancy Nights is somewhat of a three-note linear fragrance that promises interesting depth but doesn't quite deliver.

chuwey

I'm still looking for it..

Though I am not sure of the notes (i'm a flowery/mango/coconut fan), but i'm so in love with the bottle.. And i would buy it just for the bottle while praying the scent will work on me.. :D

Anyone would like to donate the bottle for me? :D
=======================================================
Updateeee: My miniature bottle arrive.. Gosh its lovely.. wish i could have the big one. The scent is best to wear at night or in a cold weather.

This scent is warm milky patchouli.. first spray is strong but dry down is soft kinda sexy scent but not too sweet.. Good Longevity, around 4-6 hr.

I like to sniff it right from the bottle. It's not refreshing, but its the thing i would like to sniff it again and again. Addictive.

bobo1
bobo1

Benjoin is not listed, but, I get a lot of it in the drydown. It is one of my favorite notes along with patchouli.

flowerycherry
flowerycherry

just bought this fragrance set online without even test it since this fragrance not even available in malaysia... i dont know how to describe this perfume.... whether to like or hate this one.. to me its too powdery, not my kind of perfume... upon first spray its smells so masculine, like mens fragrance... somehow after half an hour the smell become smooth..i have to admid this fragrance smells expensive with luxurious bottle but still not my kind of perfume..gonna give it to my mum..

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

This is a weird scent that definitely required patience on my part. I picked up a 1 oz. bottle and I'm glad that I was able to test it before buying a large bottle. The initial blast of fragrance with this is very harsh, there is something almost sour going on here. I've never smelled papyrus but I'm guessing that is the culprit. I was worried, I had made a horrible mistake and regretted putting it on. After about 20-30 minutes this becomes a totally different fragrance. It's suddenly warm, fuzzy and comforting. The patchouli and vanilla appear and gone (though not completely), is the sour note. This is a surprising scent for a celebrity to release, Jessica Simnpson did not go the expected or easy route with this. I can't say I'll buy a full size yet, but if you've got the patience to wait out the initial blast of sour, this turns into a wonderfully cozy scent that has great staying power.

sayrmaillah@yahoo.com
sayrmaillah@yahoo.com

i just love the exterior of the bottle.what a great combination of colors; emerald green and gold. since the bottle caught my eyes, i did a research about this perfume here in fragrantica and also in youtube. the positive response was really helpful. but before i purchase it i need to smell it first. i don't wanna take a risk by blindly buying it online since i was almost convinced that i'm never gonna find it here in my city. so before i buy, i smell it first in a fragrance store at another mall. my thought upon testing for the first time is that i don't hate it. now that's a good sign. anyhow i bought it retail with 50% discount. wow!! what a great deal that is. even at the store i did see plenty of this FN boxes. got me thinking doesn't anybody luv this perfume??.. anyhow the next day i give it a try so i can give my own review. testing on card or paper doesn't do any justice.
so here are my thoughts: i have fallen in luv with patchouli. this perfume is either you will hate it or love it. to even like his perfume you must like patchouli first. since i'm not familiar with how patchouli smells, i started to like it because of this perfume and it's really pleasing to my nose. the dominant note here is definately the patchouli. you can smell it from the first spritz till the dry down. there are papyrus and woodsy note which make it smell more earthy and woody and to my surprise, fresh too. it's also powdery but not like a baby powder which i just hate.. then after sometime the middle notes are starting to pop out here both the flowers, that is rose and jasmine which if you smell it along with the other notes just make you wanna go crazy over this but in a good way. the dry down you can smell the vanilla but not in the sweet kinda way. this fragrance is strong and the longevity is good that can lasts up to 8 hours or more. however on my skin the silage is just moderate, which is not really that bad cause you don't want others around you to be uncomfortable with the way you smell. i don't consider this to be a sweet perfume. if you love something sweet or any typical fruity-floral scent, then FN is just not for you. in terms of when to wear it, definitely during the night on a fancy occasion.
my suggestion to anybody who wants to buy this fragrance,please try it out first and hope you will love it just like i did.
=D

Berlynn
Berlynn

On initial spray it was a little overpowering, and heady. However it dries into a nice powdery evening perfume that envokes thoughts of exotic locales. Nice!

Zoya
Zoya

Woohoo I really don't get all the negative hype. Maybe it is not everybody's cup of tea but it is not that bad.
It starts off really balmy, it almost has this vintage wibe but much more modern. Then, when it settles down it smells like dark, powdery chocolate. The drydown is pure amber, very close to the skin. I was afraid of the papyrus note, thought it is going to be bitter and too green but it mixes really well with the whole aroma.
I also don't understand why the sillage raitnigs say it is heavy. I don't find it heavy at all... maybe in the first 15 minutes you can smell powdery chocolate around you but after that - it settles down on your skin and becomes really "thin".
Lasting power? I wasn't impressed. Not more than 5 hours on me. It is a lovely afternoon fragrance. Graet for going out with the girls after work/studies.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

This perfume is the best deal I have ever gotten. A 3.4oz gift set with lotion for $25. The scent is great patchouli and vanilla. It dark and soft at the same time. It starts off heavy with the patchouli but softens with the bamboo and vanilla. There is a small floral very light, the vanilla and wood are the heart and base notes to me. I really don't smell oakmoss which I was disappointed on but it's pretty well lasting also. This is my first Jessica Simpson scent. worth it. Recommend it.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

I dont have this but I tested it one time and I have to say this gets my liking for being so different from Celeb frags! Jessica Simpson has amazing taste when it comes to perfumes, you either may like this or hate this..

personally I think this scent is amazing! Despite who this perfume is created by, it can pass for a darkish Gothic scent, or maybe something that would remind you of walking through a dark, earthy green forest in the middle of the night

imagine yourself in a beautiful whimsy nighttime setting with the moon full walking through a damp lush green forest surrounded by trees searching for the secret garden of roses you heard from the fairytales in a book you read, the deeper you walk into that forest you finally reach the flower garden that happened to be planted by the Fae of the night then all of a sudden you wake up and realize the forest and the rose garden of Fae was all a dream.. or this could also remind you of a concoction a beautiful witch of the night has created

=P thats what I imagined when I smelled this at least..BTW this can be used on males as well as females..

ellebelle84

I accidentally received this instead of Fancy from a purchase I made online. At first sniff I'm comforted but only because it smells like my beloved grandmother who is now passed. Unfortunately, that's not a smell I wish to re-create for myself. It is a very patchouli, papyrus, oak moss with resin/amber undertones. It's almost androgynous/unisex. I will give it a proper trial when I feel like it and update it but as of right now it's a hot mess of granny perfume..

mahadewi
mahadewi

Based on the reviews I really really thought I would love this and paid a substantial amount for postage from the USA because I couldn't find this perfume in Australia, and I knew I would just love it and HAD TO have it. But to be honest, the little wafts I get from this perfume get up my nose and annoy me. Although saying that this perfume is not particuarly strong and nor really stand-out, it's just an irritating scent somewhere in the distance. If I put my nose right up to my wrist and smell carefully it does have a familiar scent to it that somehow reminds me of my ex boyfriend or something I associate with him/where he lives (Bali), I can't figure it out. But that is only if I smell closely, otherwise it's just an annoying musty smell without any excitement to it.

nayapi22
nayapi22

Me gusto esta fragancia pero debo advertir que es fuerte! No es una fragancia para chicas muy jovenes ni para usar todos los dias. Es fuerte y seductora, con mucha personalidad para justamente usar en noches especiales. Me gusta pero no para uso diario, recomendandola para mayores de 30 años. Comprendo las malas reseñas aqui dadas, porque muchas fans de Fancy son publico joven y desean un remake del original mas apeado a ese mismo genero (ojo, uso fancy desde el 2008 y lo amoooo) y al ser tan diferente, muchas estan diciendo que no es agradable y huele a abuelita, pero no es asi!

ta2kitty
ta2kitty

I found a set of 3 minis at Burlington Coat Factory on sale for $12. The set contained: Fancy, Fancy Love and Fancy Nights. I don't usually buy celebrity fragrances but the reviews here were so good I thought I'd try these scents.
I really wanted to like Fancy Nights. However, on my skin it just didn't work. At first it smelled like a harsh men's cologne but I gave it a chance (I wore it for 3 hours.)
The dry down smelled like one of those fake pine tree air fresheners you hang in your car. I washed it off and I could still smell it after 2 washes, a shower and application of a different scented lotion and perfume.
So, if you're one of the lucky ladies this works for, the longevity is great. Unfortunately, it didn't work with my chemistry.

mhubbard

very amazing, this stuff is a near EXACT dupe of Emeraude AND Shalimar, and I see my opinion has been cancelled out despite multiple similar reviews. With all the crazies on here and a much better hobby newly found- adieu!!!

missmywhite
missmywhite

Well, I decided to buy this today for the same deal that mimikins24 before me got at Shoppers. I got it because it is completely different from my other perfumes and I knew it was something my husband would like. I had only smelled it from a quick spray in the air at the store. I used it tonight before going out and wow, on me it is straight up Tabu! Ok, I havn't smelled Tabu in many, many years but this brought me right back to my youth sneaking little sprays of my moms bottle. After a couple of minutes I get a whiff of the green notes and then it settles into what I imagine a Tabu shampoo would smell like. I think I will wear it now and then when going out at night.

mimikins24
mimikins24

I have not tried any of Jessica Simpson`s other fragrances, but I must admit I am quite impressed with this one.

This scent was not on my radar until I saw a gift set on sale after Christmas at Shopper's Drug Mart. It includes a 100 ml EDP, a 7.5 ml purse spray and a lotion --- for $19.99 --- so I looked it up on Fragrantica, saw all the positive reviews and took a chance on it.

What a wonderful surprise!! The opening is a bit heavy on the alcohol, but it dissipates quickly. I then get a citrus and green scent, which is the bergamot and papyrus, respectively.

To me, the heartnotes are really the patchouli, amber, vanilla (light) and sandalwood. Patchouli remains the dominant note.

As the scent dries down, I begin to get the jasmine, and the oakmoss emerges, creating a dusty and almost vintage feel to me. It also serves to cut the sweetness of the patchouli and jasmine, so this does not take your typical overly sweet celebrity scent journey. I only get a hint of the rose, but not until at least 1 hour into wear.

I really must say this is a homerun. The bottle is very sturdy glass and attractively simple. The scent is very nice and much more complex that the run of the mill celebrity fragrance. Unlike many less expensive scents, this one is not linear, but rather developes nicely through the notes.

My only caution is that it can be too heavy if applied liberally, but this is easily controlled as the sprayer is quite good as well. Great full day longevity. I would happily pay double what I did for this fragrance.

QueenRose
QueenRose

Fancy Nights is one of my favorite scents to wear on a fancy, yet, casual night out on the town. I wore this on New Years Eve when my fiance proposed, so now this fragrance has a special meaning in my life, because I will always remember New Years Eve 2012. I wore it to the Copper Queen Hotel in Bisbee, Arizona, where we stayed, and the bottle and box matched the hotel's decor... Which was very Victorian style.
You have to really like patchoulli, papyrus, and bergamot to like this scent, because those are the dominating accords in this fragrance. It's very warm and spicy that projects well, and is one of the most long lasting fragrances I've ever owned. I recommend only spraying 1 or 2 sprays on your wrists or behind your ears, and definitely only 1 spray on your chest if you are only going to wear it more externally. It's very long lasting that leaves a faint trail on your clothes the next day. It's obviously only suitable for at night, on a casual or formal night out. I think it's a great unisex fragrance, that's very unique, bizarre, and mysterious that comes in a very gorgeous bottle and box.
A job well done, Jessica!

mhubbard

I just received this as a blind buy and was anxious to try, with high hopes. The first spray reminds me very much of Shalimar or Emeraude, which is not at all what I was expecting.It seems the names of Fancy and Fancy Nights are mixed up, as this is the one I would wear to work.I detect neither woody notes nor patchouli, both of which I usually like. I would describe this as a more green scent suitable for spring. I like it, but its nothing unique or compelling so I'm glad it was about 7 or 8 bucks and I will probably not repurchase.

Scarlette
Scarlette

Just bought this because it was on sale at Shopper's for $20 for the 100ml EDP, tiny purse spray, and 150ml body lotion. And it does NOT sit well with me. I think I might not like papyrus. I don't find it very woody, smells like really strong Jean Nate, and is not my style at all. I feel a tiny bit sick. Very hard to describe the notes. No Amber and no Vanilla to my nose. The regular Fancy EDP is so much better IMO. Fancy Nights is not sweet, but still manages to be cloying. Love the bottle color. My 9 year old daughter LOVES wearing it, and it smells way better on her too! So grown up!

jeffthebarbarian
jeffthebarbarian

I got Fancy Nights for Christmas from my sister because I had asked my other sister for Fancy Love, and she figured that I might want the other one too. I got the gift set with lotion, the mini spritzer, and the full sized bottle.
So I had read the reviews on here, and I was a little apprehensive in trying this.
But, WOW, I really like it. I smelled it in the bottle, and it smells like incense that I used to burn. I tried the lotion first, it smells kind of smoky with patchouli and I think that is sandalwood. I didn't get a lot of vanilla.
The spritzer stuff is stronger. It does smell a little masculine when first applied, but it wears down (at least on me) very quickly.
I use one light spritz on my breast bone, and then I dab a light amount of lotion on my pulse points...that is enough to last the entire day. You do NOT want to go stronger than that.
I'm still going strong after 11 hours, and my sweater from yesterday still smells like Fancy Nights.
I wore this to work, and I got several compliments. and Nobody complained that this was overwhelming.
This fragrance reminds me a little of a spicier version of Thierry Mugler's Angel...only with vanilla instead of chocolate.
I really like both scents, but I'm a fan of patchouli. I think you have to be a fan of patchouli to like this scent.
I'm very pleased with this. I've actually worn it more than I've worn the Fancy Love, and this is the fragrance that led me to try Angel.
Does anybody think this resembles Shalimar? I'm never got to try Shalimar, and I have always wanted to.
Edit: This is the first fragrance I've ever bought a back-up for. I really love this stuff!

divaofdevotion
divaofdevotion

I hate this smell...too manly in my opinion...when I smelled it, I honestly thought Jessica came out with a Fancy men line...disappointed :-(

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

I don't like this fragrance. It smells like black licorice. I prefer sweeter scents. the bottle is really nice though, I love the dark green coloured glass.

milapequeno
milapequeno

It's a amazing perfume. It's a Toilette version of the Prada Amber

aqualunablue
aqualunablue

Well, Goodness! What can I say? I have read infinite reviews on every fragrance catagory I can rouse into my aromachemical brain.
I find all perfume reviews so very intriguing! I often feel I am reading a review on a completely different fragrance from a multitude of fragrance families, Such as Fancy Nights!
I believe our sensory perception goes beyond "our chemistry", however that is a huge factor but more so ~WHEN~ you wear fragrances that carry particular notes and materials. For example pre-menstrual, ovulation, pubescence, menopause, etc.. Our own chemistry evolves as we evolve, as one note in perfumery can mutate when a simple molecule repels or attracts them from or to one another.
The other factor is emotional, based on era/trends that relate to ones inception to fragrance. My inception to perfumery began in the 1980's, my reviews will likely be stacked against original formulations of Dior-Poison, Calvin's Obsession, YSL-Opium, etc.. ~Now to review Fancy Nights.....
Elusive~in that it holds some pretty signifigant weight in depth, longevity, and accord transition in correlation with other mass market fragrances of this "era".
Beguiling~Fancy Nights has a nebulous innocence, complex in an ideal manner. Civil but won't brown-nose.
Immersed~ in a sophisticated composition, not the expected fruity note of most celeb inspired fragrances. Not a single detection of a pungent floral.
Fancy Nights is quite lovely and in my opinion easy to wear whenever/wherever you so choose. The low price is a bonus, rather than the factor~in today's perfume formulations.

loonad

today i went to the mall with my sister.we went to the shop of reserve naturelle-a french fragrance and cosmetique shop.we have it here in mauritius and france also.my sister was at the checkout counter and i was browsing and i found a perfume called patchouly by reserve naturelle.i tried it on my wrist and immediately recognised my beloved fancy nights.the resemblance is superstrong and i even made my sis smell it-she is not a patch fan but she recognised the resemblance.so now if i ever run out of fancy nights,i can get my dose from reserve naturelle.their products are longlasting.wanted to share this with anyone living near a reserve naturelle shop.the price is super low-less then 25dollars for a 100ml bottle.no waiting time for me who always has to order from england or us.

Aprilily
Aprilily

I bought this scent blind based on its notes and these reviews, and I am not disappointed! I am a patchouli lover and this fragrance really delivers--it is an earthy, slighty musty patch, and I can't get enough of it. The drydown is warm, dry and spicy, but my favorite part is the bergamot in the opening, it reminds me of sipping Earl Grey tea on a rainy afternoon while being wrapped in a cozy sweater. This is a winner for me.

Vampiris
Vampiris

i prefer the original Fancy, the sweet caramel/floral one..i am used to Fancy and find it more wearable..

however, Fancy Night is very memorable..definitely a dark night scent..smells really strong and longevity is incredible..can be offensive if over-applied..the bottle is gorgeous and the scent screams a high-end perfume..the patchouli, sandalwood and incense notes in this perfume are very noticeable..if you can pull it off, it's a true bargain

i am really surprised by the quality and i understand why it is a gem to some perfume lovers..however, it is such a strong woody scent..way too mature for me

nuitnoir
nuitnoir

I bought this just because it was really cheap. But do I really like it? Well, for a celeb fragrance, it's "different" and a far cry from the original. A for effort on that. It's very balmy, sweet and creamy which I like in a way. But as I try forcing myself to completely like it, I find myself repelled by what smells like raid. Anyways, I'm excited to be smelling papyrus for the first time. Bug spray aside, there's something very comforting yet powerful & mystical about this scent. All in all, if you love it and don't smell raid, you're lucky!

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is a bit of a change from the usual JS line.
It seems to be one of those perfumes that you will either love or hate, but IT WILL leave an impression!
It starts out as a rather strong patchouli scent that dries down fairly soon to a milder spicy oriental fragrance. I thought that the first time I wore it, I would never like it, but after trying it again, and learning to wait for the drydown, I actually like it much better. I still need to be in a bit of a mysterious, sultry mood to wear it, but I can see how it would be the perfect scent for a very strong woman who knows what she likes and stops at nothing to get it.

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

To start off this review on a positive note: Kudos to Miss Jessica for trying something different. However, I have mixed feelings on this one. I purchased it (blindly) because it was heavily discounted at TJMaxx, and was almost certain I wouldn't be disappointed because I like her other fragrances. I returned home, sprayed it, and was immediately taken aback by how strong and unpleasant it was. I knew it would be a heavier evening time scent, but all I got was old lady (and not like my granny, she smells awesome). Anyway, I waited for it to dry so I could give it a real chance. The dry down was less harsh, a little more floral, and somewhat sensual. If someone walked into a room wearing that scent at its dry down, I wouldn't think "that's awful". So, in my honest opinion, it gets a little better. Maybe tolerable is a better word. In the end, I ended up giving it to my mom because it's still not for me.

Aftrhrs
Aftrhrs

I picked up a bottle of this on a whim and after smelling the bottle, decided I didn't like it. I then read some reviews here that described it as wonderful after the initial application. So I tried it on and within 1/2 hr I was in love with it. It definately has a deep lasting scent that seems to move between patchouli and a soft powder. I did not notice any jasmine as some described. This is definately one of those fragrances that you have to wear once before you decide. Simply spraying it onto a card and waving it infront of your nose for a second does not do it justice, as I have just learned.

cmoca
cmoca

It reminds me of Dune by Dior(above).

When I wear this I feel that I belong in a Lambada video (think J Lo - on the floor). Or maybe somewhere in Aladdin.. Mmmmm my favorite little place to be.. :)

kay_dee
kay_dee

bought this yesterday which i was torn between reb'l fluer rihanna and this... i went for the very complex and unique scent
yes the opening is so potent, very overwhelming and in fact the patchouli smell different than i normally used to or maybe it's the papyrus (never experience any papyrus before). to me after awhile this however reminds me of the middle eastern attar in a good way
once it settle into your skin it smell very nice, it's mild and very ambery & sandalwood..it's a beautiful warm scent
it takes time to develop its character and it has to be a bold & confident woman wear this fragrance..
i'm going to enjoy this fragrance in our tropical rainy season now (wish its a fall/winter instead) :)

kaejuntun

I didn't even realize that this fragrance existed until I saw it on this site! After reading the reviews on Fancy Nights, I had to buy it. I have had fragrances with patchouli notes before and I know I am a fan of warm woody scents, especially now that winter is setting in, and I got a 3.4 oz bottle on ebay for a great price.

My first impression of this scent: suprise. I expected the patchouli to be much more "incensy" and spicy, but the initial application was very sweet on me. It didn't take more than a few minutes to begin warming up, though. I do continue smelling the patchouli along with the woodsy-vanilla, and I am have not yet decided whether I like this or not... I only used one spray and I have to put my nose up to my wrist to smell any scent, which is probably a good thing - I think that this fragrance could potentially be offensive if used too heavily. I expected FN to be much darker, but the it is more of a "wrapped in a cozy throw while seeing the sun set through a window in late fall, dusky" kind of "dark" rather than a "spicy, daring, hot date" kind of "dark", if that makes sense.

Fancy Nights is different from any other perfume that I have owned, and I will have to try it a few more times before I know for sure whether or not I will continue using it. Like other reviewers, though, I applaud Jessica for departing from the norm with this one. I am a fan of Fancy Love, and that one took me some time to fall for. Maybe it will be the same sort of thing with Fancy Nights.

naoneo
naoneo

i bought this FN thanks to eludiastar that said .......sweet, musky, spicy & sensual.
it works on me. it fabolous and tempting ;)
maybe i should try another jess perfume

celebrity89
celebrity89

As mentioned below, this is close to Emeraude. It is softer and mellower though. Smells like lime vanilla pudding. OK but not great.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I don't like wearing this scent...but I don't think it is a bad one. I bought it blind because I do like strong, rich, patchouli-based perfumes. The first spray, oddly, I couldn't smell much; so I went a bit crazy and seriously oversprayed. After a few seconds I felt like I was drowning in crushed pine needles. It was harsh and overpowering. And my fault.

During the dry-down I became aware of the papyrus...and although I have liked that note in other scents, in this one, mixed with the other resinous scents, I find it a little unpleasant. I went to bed still wearing it, not particularly happy and determined to give it away as soon as possible.

The next day, my pillow smelled wonderful! Very rich and rendolent of a dark pine forest. But on my skin after the top notes die, I am left with slightly piney papyrus. Since it still smells nice on clothing and bedding, I would say this is more a case of skin chemistry than a problem with the scent. Try before you buy.

stardust808
stardust808

i'm glad †hat the general public dismisses this fragrance from the first harsh spray and doesn't have the patience to wait for the incredible dry down that i experience...that means more for me!! lolz this my new addiction and i never thought in a million years i'd be saying that about a celebrity fragrance but my gaaaawd the dry down is out of this world gorgeous on my skin! intense patch for the first ten 10 minutes bordering on dizzying but push through because then it calms down to a rich, creamy, almost golden feel saturated with amber. it's dreamy & mystical. this lasts for hours and the glorious scent lingers on my bed sheets and pillows. i'm so head over heels for this that i have 3 bottles on stash and a gift set with the lotion and body wash just to be on the safe side that someday i won't be able to find it anymore. anyone bashing this scent is judging it on the first few minutes and not on the heart of the perfume. oh well, their loss because fancy nights has managed to win me over in a big way =]

eludiastar
eludiastar

I blind bought this from the information on this website & I have to say it is the best blind buy I've ever had! Well done Fragrantica. It is wonderful & the price was fabulous as well. It is spot on how I like my perfumes, sweet, musky, spicy & sensual.

If you like Arabian style Chypre perfumes then this is for you!

Sammie7
Sammie7

A night fragrance for sure.... it smells great and the linger of it is frabulous!

soonflower
soonflower

It is softer, less complex and not that bold Prada Intense and of course not that pricey.
And because of the papyrus in it does have that 'old book' note at the beginning.
Great for patchouli lovers.
Defenitely Jessica's most mature scent.
I love it in autumn foggy nights.

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

Picked up a nice gift set at Winners today (20$ for a 100 ml, a mini and a lotion, how can you go wrong) and I must admit this might be on my heavy rotation list. I love the initial strong opening (wish is lasted a bit longer to be honest) and it quickly dried down to a sweet (not too sweet , not a huge fan of sweet perfumes) woodsy amber scent. To be honest, from reviews I have read I thought it would be much more masculine than this (I was hoping for that) but it is pretty girly. I pick up a bit of the papery smell on me, but it is more like burning paper than the paper in an old book. I have Fancy Love also, and I actually see the relation between those two, with Fancy Nights being spicier and a bit more edgy. It reminds me of a perfume I had in the mid 90`s, I wish I could remember what it was, when I do I`ll come edit.

chain
chain

This is prada amber in a green bottle.I love this like crazy but am a patchouli lover so l guess it works for me.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOVE THIS PERFUME....the initial blast is a bit bold but if you can wait about 30 mins you're in for a treat, it's one of the best patchouli scents I've EVER smelled, so imagine my shock when I found out this was a Jessica Simpson scent, I really commend her for going outside the box as far as celebs fragrances go, this perfume smells niche...its soooooo yummy and that spicy vanilla, patchouli dry down is to die for, I can understand why it's not very popular with her fan base since this is so sexy, and a woman's PERFUME.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I bought this blindly due to the notes alone and it turned out to be a great purchase for me for the mere $20 I paid for the full 100ml size. I very rarely even consider buying a celebrity fragrance let alone trying one but this is very good. It is in no way overpowering or incredibly incensey on me - if you want incense try Rumba it makes this look weak in comparison. This is an ultra warm patchouli, amber vanilla scent. I am surprised there is no honey listed. It smells like four fragrances on me mostly Avons Imari Mystique, two discontinued Revlon fragrances Fire and Ice Smoulder, and Unforgettable too (both unlisted here) and a touch like my favourite Estee Lauder Sensuous noir probably due to the pine/amber/patchouli like notes. On dry down it smells like my marvellous morrocan oil hair treatment which is divine. If you enjoy warm spicy smoky orientals you can't go wrong with this one Unfortunately I have started to get hives from this one each time I wear it - I get the same thing with Giorgio (the original one) I am thinking it is something to do with the intense patchouli perhaps the fragrant oils react with my skin. Have had to re-home unfortunately as I get so itchy. A fab fragrance nonetheless

Jessica Simpson FANCY NIGHTS is very different from the first two members of this series, FANCY and FANCY LOVE. (I have not tried I FANCY YOU.) FANCY NIGHTS is much less sweet and smells quite synthetic and uninviting to me, turning stale on my skin over the course of minutes. It is actually possible for me to wear this perfume (FANCY NIGHTS), while FANCY is just an altogether unpleasant scrub-worthy experience. FANCY LOVE is a bit better than FANCY, but it's really not a perfume that I would ever choose to wear. It's not repulsive, but neither is it appealing. I have purse sprays of the trio and never wear any of them.

Unlike FANCY and FANCY LOVE, FANCY NIGHTS will not induce a diabetic coma in the wearer, nor does it serve as an effective emetic. It does not make me wonder whether I am willfully poisoning myself. No, the only reason why I do not wear FANCY NIGHTS, although I do believe that it considerably better than its predecessors, certainly in composition, but also in quality of components, is because of the dominant papyrus note. Something about it does not sit well with me. It smells a bit like the pages of old library books. Somewhat stale and uninviting. I realize that some people love the smell of the pages of old library books, and I recommend this fragrance for testing by them. It's a real bargain, so if you happen to like this distinctive "papyrus" note, you're in luck.

A much better papyrus-centric perfume is now being offered by the house of Atelier Cologne: ROSE ANONYME, which also has a strong patchouli presence, in addition to the rose.

Raina
Raina

This would have been a blind buy for myself had not some gorgeous person sent me a 10ml travel spray of this fragrance. I really wish I remembered who it was as I'd like to thank them, but sadly I only discovered this at the bottom of the box several weeks after the fact. If it was you, thank you!

I'm a litle on the fence about this. I was very hesitant about trying this because pachouli and I are not friends. And the fact that a review here said it smelled as though someone had been smoking pot did nothing to endear me to this. But the other reviews here have really peaked my curiousity, and since winter is just about here I've been craving something deep, smoky, and warm. I think I've found it in Fancy Nights.

At first spray I'm really enjoying this. All the notes really hit you at once in equal concentration. There's a bit of a nod in the direction of more classic fragrances in the musk of the patcouli and the bright resin type mix, which is probably why you'll see some people say this smells "mature" or "older." I'm not a fan of any kind of resin so I'm on the fence about this one. Even still I can't help but like it. I've tried this out on a cold night, and once again on a warm day and each time gave me something different.

On a cold night I got more patchouli and what smells like a sharp, coppery, amber resin. I'm going to guess its maybe opoponax. As though you took an amber scent and sharpened it until it almost seems like its been mixed with the scent of copper. As you get to the drydown the sweetness of the florals peek out shyly from behind the patchouli and vanilla. Mostly it stays an amber and opoponax mix with hits of patch. My problem with it then was that I was hoping for more vanilla and for the patchouli and resin scent to be smoothed out into more of a creamy scent, but that's just personal preference.

During the warmth of the next day the notes seem to switch and I got my wish. At first, yes that amber, patch, and opoponax, but as soon as the drydown hits I get the most wonderful vanilla just ever so softly touched with the rose and jasmin. The patchouli, amber, and opoponax serve as a vehicle to project the smooth vanilla and just gives depth and a touch of sharpness. Very warm and lovely and a touch more feminine than at night.

I didn't find this to be particularly strong of sillage, it actually seems to hug quite close to my skin. But it could possibly be that my smaller travel spray dispenses considerably less than a bottle automizer would, and I always use only a single spray of fragrance.

So you see, this fragrance is quite a chameleon. As with a lot of great interesting fragrances it can go in just about any direction depending on weather, sense of smell, and skin chemistry. It has the potential to be a unisex fragrance because of that resin and patch. Or it can read as quite feminine due to the vanilla and sweetness. Either way, I think this is one of the more interesting celebrity offerings. Not a crowd pleaser but if you love it then it will love you too.

dimplesg
dimplesg

Bought as a blind buy through reviews on this website. Very musky, spicy and flat. There doesn't seem to be any topnotes or lighter noters but even so I love it. I love rich scents such as this. Does not smell like a celebrity scent, smells quite expensive.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Found this perfuem awful...it has no depth. It smell the same from spray to dry down. It reminds me of strong burning stick of incense. Far too spicy, and masculine way to strong. It was a blind buy. I was hoping for a vanila,musky,warm femenine scent.it doest blend with body chemesty it just sits there. Like heavy early morning San Fransico Fog. This is also a verry mature scent maybe 60+. I gave this to my mother for $10.nothing like the other Fancys.

perfumebox
perfumebox

As far as "celebuscents" go, I have to say this is the first time I've been truly impressed.

Fancy Nights manages to combine a complex "earth-and-leaves" smokiness with a soft powdery sweetness which flies in the face of all the typical celeb scents out there. But the dirt-and-grass aroma of patchouli definitely dominates this fragrance, so you have to at least be able to tolerate the note.

As patchouli-scents go, I actually see a passing resemblance to Chanel's Les Exclusif Coromandel, which is a little more intensely earthy and creamy than this. If you are used to high-cal cupcake vanilla scents along the veins of Britney’s, you might be disappointed.

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

I hated this. I don't dislike patchouli but this mixture was way too heavy, smokey, incensed for my taste. Glad there are so many that like it, though.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I bought Fancy Nights because it was cheap, because the reviews sounded fascinating, and because I wanted to know if I liked or didn’t like Patchouli. It’s in so many fragrances that I think I will like, this was a great one to try. Besides, the green and gold bottle is pretty (aside from the tacky plastic top).

I’m still kind of on the fence about Patchouli. It DOES have an unusual smell. Fancy Nights starts out with a very predominant blast of Patchouli. To me, it smells smokey-musty-tobacco-y. It is not sharp or acrid, but it is powerful. Like dry but slightly moldy leaves burning on a fall afternoon, attended by a gentlemen puffing on his pipe. There is a powdery fragrance that peeps through as it dries down, powdery but not baby powder. When the powder appears, there is less tobacco smoke in the fragrance but still a residual herb-y-ness.

I don’t like characterizing perfumes as “old” or “for an older person”, but I DO get a mental image of an older person. For me, it comes with associations of warmth, comfort, and gentle sophistication. The powderiness is mature, dry, almost vanillic but not sweet. There is still the faint tobacco fragrance.

It’s the common Patchouli note that makes me say this—but I got a similar impression with Thierry Mugler’s Angel. Angel left me feeling like I’d been hugged by a kindly, elderly pipe-smoking gentleman. Fancy Nights reminds me of my elderly piano teacher’s house—it had the same slightly musty-dusty, powdery, herbal fragrance. Fancy Nights is not as acridly herbal as I recall the Patchouli in Angel being; it is more soft and round -- maybe more feminine; I think that comes from the powdery notes.

As I write this, I wonder--could this be what an Egyptian tomb might smell like? And I recall the papyrus notes, which makes that a logical thought, and also explains the musty-dusty that I smell, which is probably the papyrus. Yes, an Egyptian tomb might smell like Fancy Nights--Patchouli, dust and paper, powdery, sophistication that comes from mature confidence, wealth and power.

Sillage is not huge, I would say just past a skin scent. It is fading after about 3-4 hours, so not bad longevity. I may return it, as I’m not in love with it—I'm still making up my mind about Fancy Nights and about Patchouli in general.

EDIT: OK, I was on the fence with this one until my husband and daughter commented that I smelled "funny". When I asked like what, my teenaged daughter told me I smelled "like an old lady" and my husband chimed in "like toilet paper." Great. I think this one is going back.

DecoElegance
DecoElegance

I just have to add to the excitement around Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights. I was, again, low-rent perfuming at the TJ Maxx (after a disastrous go-round with Paloma Picasso), and based on the reviews here, decided to pick it up for a song ($12.99!!!). I thought it couldn't hurt to try it out on weekends or between gyming and errand-running. I'm actually shocked; this is pretty decent juice.

If I smell it directly on my skin, it's vaguely reminiscent of Lolita Lempicka Coral Flower, of which I'm not really a fan. But as I grocery-shopped, I got waves of very strong yet sophisticated patchouli mixed with amber. Perhaps it's because I sprayed it on top of Mitsouko I was wearing since 7am, but it kind of smelled like Coco Mademoiselle. I'm curious to see how it wears through the night.

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

just ordered a second bottle. everything i love and nothing i hate. a masterpiece in that sense. thank goddess for the no lily of the valley or carnation!

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This is an unsually good 'modern cypre' for a celebrity scent. I really like it, it reminds me a little bit of Aromatic Elixir...just a little bit. It does have more of a vintage feel to it, my only complaint is that I wish the longevity was as good as the sillage.
It is very well blended and a nice powdery in the drydown. Lots of patchouli, but I don't find it offensive. Very unusual celebrity scent.

Aysu
Aysu

I proudly own this celebrity scent, very daring composition, because the first thing comes into my mind is berry bombs when I think of a celebrity scent. I love the balanced patchouli, amber, subtle vanilla and spices in this. Old fashioned in a good way, not very sweet if that means masculine?! Yes, a man can pull it off but it does not smell like an aftershave either, congratulations Ms.Simpson, for your brave attitude.. About similarities to Prada, I find it similar too, but more similar to Prada Intense (dark red packing) due to amplified patchouli in it.

ForrealMe2

this is a delicious patchouli vanilla scent..it is spicy and reminds me of rice cinnamon pudding or cinnamon bread with that vanilla scent..this is so good i love this more than fancy love...i love this and Fancy equal but this tops the cake...its such a lovely oriental perfume...not everyone will like this but it has that vanilla cinnamon pudding vibe...or that vanilla nut bread feel to it...i so love this...it really is more of a dessert gourmand...truly a masterpiece and is my favorite with coco chanel and miss dior le parfum and rihanna reb'l fleur...same vibe but more vanilla...

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I thought I would try this based on all the glorious reviews this fragrance has been receiving. I can appreciate why all you ladies love this but for me this is a no go. I have decided after trying this that it is patchouli that I do not like. If you are on the fence about patchouli or do not like that particular note than this perfume is not for you. If however, you LOVE patch than this definitely deserves your attention!!!

halloween27

This is Prada Amber without the resins and honey. I'd say this is less sweet than Prada.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

This exotic beauty deserves all the attention she is currently receiving. As newer orientals go, this one actually delivers! Fancy Nights goes a bit flat on me ( and I seem to be somewhat anosmic to the mid notes ) even while I agree enthusiastically with the most elated reviews here at Fragrantica.

My sister received this from me when I discovered that it became Enchantment itself on her. It floats about her with perfect sillage and the kind of aura I always expect - but so seldom experience - from the most expensive scents.

Everyone described this well, and yet their descriptions cannot completely convey the magic and utter seduction of this scent on the right chemistry. It says Arabian Nights and Old fashioned femeninity --- for once the magazine ad really captured the essence of this gorgeous surprise. It met my highest expectations, and when does that happen with newer, let alone celebrity (!), scents?

I am so happy to be anywhere near this intoxicating fragrance and listen to the complements. Already it's garnered praise from some of the pickiest people I know .... Fancy Nights is at least worth a try for the oriental lover, because if she works on your skin, you will radiate richness and quality. Five Stars!!!

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

Three words: chocolate easter egg! This perfume smells great on me, but could easily be worn by males.The opening was strong, but not at all unpleasant. It just let me know why some were saying that this smelled like 'men's cologne' or was 'unisex'. Then, the patchouli and vanilla combo came up, and reminded me of how a friend described Belgian chocolate. It was like unwrapping a Belgian chocolate egg, or opening a box of chocolate liqueurs. I didn't even get 'patchouli' from the combination. The dry-down brought up more vanilla from the base, and more spiciness that blended with the florals into an entirely new scent. I truly couldn't separate and identify each note, they were balanced so well. The scent lasted a long time on me, and I enjoyed reapplying some body lotion from my bath set to extend the scent a little longer still. This was a very good effort from the nose!

darkbeauty

I need this back in my life. I got rid of it only because I tended to associate it with an ex friend who used to borrow it whenever she came to visit me. Although she turned out to be very despicable, the perfume however was not. In fact, it was glorious to me in all it's classic oriental beauty. My only regret about it is having let her use it in the first place and ruining the joy that I used to find in FN. I hope to have this back one day--no associations attached--and recapture my love for it once more. There is a charm about it I crave still. The effervescent quality and combo of notes is stunning, and timeless.

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

I purchased this yesterday on a blind buy based on reviews, curiosity and my desire to try things that are different and out of the norm...I was not dissapointed.
This bottle kept popping up on the left in the boxes of frags that are similar to the ones I was looking at and it peaked my interest.I just happened to be shopping at T.J.Maxx and low and behold a single bottle lay waiting for me, priced at 14.99... I took it as a sign from the perfume gods that it was meant for me,lol.

I took heed to the advice and spritzed a teeny, tiny bit at first and that was all that was needed to get a lovely sweet, patchouli-floral-vanilla-warm-earthy-comforting scent...I Love It! I wouldn't classify myself as a big patchouli person, this is my first fragrance containing the note, and boy is it ever in there from start to finish, but I may look for it in other frags from time to time.

I will probably keep this for home use as it is quite strong and very long lasting. This is a good one for experimenting with layering, I plan to try it with my BBW sensual amber first and then maybe a vanilla body wash/cream combo next. Thank you Jessica Simpson for thinking out of the box!

coshlin
coshlin

I bought this one blindly, and unfortunately it just wasn't for me. I'm not a big fan of the deep musks and woodsy scents, it actually made it hard for me to breath after applying it :p for those who love it, love on! it's just not for me :)

fath1ma
fath1ma

It's a classic or old fashion scent. Remind me the scents when I was a child...that I could smell among the ladies on wedding parties.
Patchouli, amber, jasmin and rose are the notes that I can recognize in Fancy Night, papyrus and oakmoss are the notes that which I don't know still. Fancy Night just not the kind of celebrity scent, I already said, it's a classic.
A vintage from the present.

TillyWave

OK, seriously. This is what is here, and what is not here.
TOP: Bergamot--A hint.
Paparys--A big amount of top, a wet green, papery thing.
MIDDLE: Patchouli--Loads. The dry, sweet kind.
Jasmine/Rose--A hint.
BASE: Sandalwood--A hint. A powdery sort.
Oakmoss--Non existant. Evernia prunastri is not an ingredient in FN.
Amber--Loads. The most dominant feature.
Vanilla--A lot, and it comes through as it wears, as a basenote does.

This is a strong, assertive perfume, one spray needed to project across the room. Amber rich, clean patchouli, a dry edge, powdered vanilla sandalwood on the bottom. Dirt cheap to boot.

personsa22
personsa22

Steve Mercado has created many well liked commercial fragrances.

I appreciate Fancy Nights both as a departure from Steve's previous work and as a celebrity fragrance that isn't entirely concerned with pleasing the masses. This does not smell like a typical celebrity fragrance whatsoever (which is wonderful as many fragrances are snubbed simply because of their sponsor instead of being judged fairly as creations of well respected perfumers just doing their job)

It's connection to Jessica Simpson is minimal and ultimately irrelevant as far as critical analysis goes. It is evocative, multidimensional and curiously gender neutral. The initial burst of top notes transported me to an Imperial Russian winter ball. Oddly specific, I know, yet indicative of an intangible energy that will resonate with some and confuse others. Whenever I spray something that immediately conjures up a distinctly beautiful image or emotion I generally view it as a must have. I am sure there are people here who feel the same way.

Fancy Nights is no exception. It definitely isn't for everyone but it is irrefutably a respectable perfume.

caline00
caline00

i was really dissapointed when i smelt it ! eventhough jessica did an amazing job , in my opinion , with her other perfumes , but this perfume is different but not as good as the other fancies . It is an oriental fragrance , but it is too strong and the patchouli is also really powderry :( very dissapointed !

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

Fancy Nights was a very pleasant surprise. I bought this perfume blind because it was on clearance for $7 and I already knew I loved Fancy and Fancy Love. Got it home and sprayed my wrist. The opening was pretty terrible. I almost ran to wash it off, but I've learned to let a perfume settle before deciding if I like it or not. I am so glad I did, because this perfume is a WOW. Patchouli and vanilla are the main notes I smell, but it's so rich and deep, blended with the other notes. I layer this with LUSH Vanillary solid perfume and that really takes it to over-the-top gorgeous. I immediately went back and bought another bottle! This is going to be my go-to evening scent from now on.

blairness
blairness

I've never even thought of purhasing a celebrity perfume, just because so far they smell boring or tend to be dupes of famous designer fragrances.
Fancy Nights is my first one. It caught my eye because of all the positive reviews here and in the Club section. Since it is not sold in my country (or maybe it is, but I just haven't noticed it), this was a blind buy.
So where should I start- I am a patchouli lover, and a sucker for everything woody+powdery. I also want my perfume to be long lasting and although I perfer commercial, it still has to smell unique. Fancy Nights fills all my demands for a good perfume and I am so happy that I own a 3.4 oz bottle.
The design is pretty, I'm usually not a fan of green and gold combined, but it looks good and is comfortable to use.
The perfume lasts long, I wouldn't say that it's extremely long lasting, but on my skin 8 hours, which is great. It is quite cheap, I got my 3.4 oz bottle for 27 euros, and definitely a keeper and now one of my favorites! Not the best choice for hot weather though, can't wait for the fall to wear this every day!

perfumegirl29
perfumegirl29

I got this perfume a little while ago, it is a very rich scent, the main thing u smell is patchouli from top to the base. When you first smell it you can really smell the papyrus and a tiny bit of the bergamot and the patchouli is here too, after a little while you can start to smell the rose and the jasmine with alot of patchouli still. After a while the patchouli get softer and the scent gets sort of powdery this is when you get the base notes, you can smell vanilla,sandalwood,oakmoss,amber and still the patchouli.
I like to wear this scent around the house and on really cold days or night, it is a nice scent if you like patchouli or really storng scents.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I had a tester of this in my candy bag full of goodies. I was looking forward to trying it due to it's seeming popularity amongst (some) fragrantica members. All I can say is I'm guessing all the people are that love this are patchouli fans, no ? Because that is seriously the only note I can smell in this! Starts with patchouli, mid-bakes with patchouli and ends with patchouli. And as much as I am a patchouli fan myself, my nose ain't picking up a refined, sophisticated dior/annick type of patchouli, but rather the sort you expect the hippies to wear at an indie festival! lol Bless her, I quite like the ditzy blonde - but she ain't no parfumer is she! ;-) update: it has grown on me over time, now I can smell more vanilla in it. Well done, Jessica!

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I'd been debating for months whether to buy this perfume or not as the reviews were so split. I finally decided to purchase this as it was very cheap.

I absolutely love the bottle, it is quite beautiful. The perfume itself is very seductive, mysterious and dark. When I sprayed it first, the patchouli was quite loud however this settled to a lovely, vanilla and woody scent, which reminds me of incense. This perfume is certainly not for summer, it's most suited for candlelit dinners, cosy afternoons by the fire or when you feel like wearing a more mature, elegant perfume.

Overall, I really like this perfume and this is coming from someone who likes 'Fancy' and Britney Spears 'Fantasy' Highly recommended!

almarie
almarie

I remember working for this company as a fragrance vendor. We could not sell this perfume for the life of us! We couldn't even give it away! I remember the looks on people's faces when we used to hand them the card- yuck! It was priceless!

acavicchi
acavicchi

Though Fancy Nights isn't unique in the history of perfumery, I would say it is pretty unique in the world of celebrity perfumes.
I sampled it today and found the opening to be pretty awful but after a couple of minutes a very sweet, powdery vanilla-amber scent started coming out. Up close, it is fairly modern: sweet, fresh, spicy and earthy. But, as I was walking home and the scent would get carried to me on the breeze, I kept thinking of Shalimar and Emeraude.
I actually don't get nearly as much patchouli as I was expecting after reading the reviews, and I do smell a bit of a similarity between Fancy Nights and Fancy love (maybe the powdery jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli and amber?). In any case, I think it's nice that Jessica Simpson's perfumes are growing up along with her.

nightcat23
nightcat23

I was so disappointed with this one because I love all the other Jessica Simpson fragrances and desperately wanted to like this too. However the patchouli is WAY TOO STRONG. It's way too floral and heady and gives me a really bad headache. It's no where near similar to the caramel sweetness of Fancy or the feminine softness of Fancy Love.

It's very pungent and smells more like a masculine scent.

rosembloom

This gorgeous fragrance is my magical companion tonight as I settle to go bedsy bye... And what a beautiful comforting friend to have around. She is wearing a green satin evening gown adorned with delicate gold trim. As we sit peacefully together to write this review (let me get whimsical here for a moment :D ) her presence is like a warm balm to a bone-tired soul. She is all powder-sweet, reminding me of the Victorian era. Her warm, enveloping nature makes her a cozy and ever so present friend She magically lulls your senses with a dreamy and intense patchouli that smells rich and sweet like Champa incense. Yet, she is more celestial and etheral than musky- earthy. She is a Queen that has been neglected and now entrances niche lovers as well as perfume peasants (;)) .Her dark hair is demurely swept up and on her lap is 'ARABIAN NIGHTS' ...It smells of papyrus when she turns the page. On her skin blooms night jasmine and Bulgarian Rose and in her robes I can detect a vanillac trace that smells like white chocolate. When she gets up to leave for bed, her amberish presence remains with me and with a sigh of well -being , I too fall into Patchouli-Rose sleepyland where all the fragrances are free!
AHHHHH! THANX FOR THE BALLOONS MELUVS! WARMS MY HEART XXX

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

In my opinion this is Jessica's best scent . Its very mature, warm and spicy, just the way I want it .

It reminds me of my "arabian nights" in Morocco . I love it !

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

I so desperately wanted to love this perfume. That BEAUTIFUL green bottle is one of the most alluring bottles I've ever seen for a perfume. I wanted to proudly display it on my vanity, but ...

This perfume absolutely attacks my body chemistry with no mercy. It does not want to cooperate with me, which is very depressing. From the bottle, the perfume is quite promising and unique for a celebrity fragrance!

Patchouli, patchouli, patchouli is what dominates the fragrance. From the bottle I pick up on the patchouli, the rose, and the amber with a very slight hint of vanilla and sandalwood. For some reason, it reminds me of Youth Dew from Estee Lauder, which has always been a comfort scent for me because my mother wore it all of the time when I was a child. I think Fancy Nights smells very glamorous, elegant, and old-fashioned from the bottle.

On my skin, however ... That's another story. On my skin, the oak moss starts to dominate which creates a terrible staleness to the fragrance on my skin. It makes me think of cat urine. BAD! And tragic.

To those who CAN wear Fancy Nights, I envy you. This would have been a perfect perfume for me to wear on a romantic and fancy night out if it had worked.

Redpula
Redpula

So I bought a gift set, 100ml bottle plus 10ml roll on, a bath gel and a body lotion for only $20.

I tried it on my skin, Feminine top. On heart,
I smelled a hint of a classic men's pomade. I also smelled a hint of mint, soft spice, it is not too sweet but it is woody and a bit balmy.

Don't get me wrong coz I like the scent it projected on my skin, a little close to skin though so it is not cloying nor annoying. Could be a classic fragrance. The dry down is it's best part IMO.

Can be a masculine scent when used sparingly. Can be used by a man on a casual cloudy colder day or formal cold evening event.

It reminds me of in-between YSL Rive Gauche for Men Zino Davidoff with a light touch of Thierry Mugler's Angel. This is not strong but it has it's own character. Try, Buy or Pass? Try it for Fancy Nights is "captivating and pleasant".

Scent: 8.5/10
Projection: 7/10

Mr Monroe
Mr Monroe

Fancy Nights

Fancy Nights is a Sweet-Dry Patchouli Bombshell. With a hint of Vanilla, Papyrus and Bergamot to provide a hint of Freshness with a foundation of Dryness thanks to the Sandalwood and the Jasmine. This fragrance is in my opinion one of the more superior fragrances to come out of the Jessica Simpson brand. What really makes this more attractive to me is just how Different this is to her other fragrances. It seems very left-wing and very unexpected; which I like A LOT. When I spray this I get an overdose of Patchouli, it's sweet, it's dry, it's very powerful. The earthy essence of Patchouli is definetly here but it has been sweetened thanks to the vanilla and the Rose and the Bergamot adds this bright freshness which is just subtle enough so that it doesn't steal the limelight. I think if there was no Bergamot in this scent, then I wouldn't have purchased it, because it's very strong. So as a Disclaimer, if you dislike Patchouli then avoid this fragrance at all costs because it's all about the Patchouli.

I love this fragrance and I think I'll definetly wear it a bit more now that we're in Winter over here in Australia. I think it's really dynamic and it's been composed very well. If you want a Statement fragrance on a budget then I'd definetly recommend; Fancy Nights.

Projection: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10 (8-10 hours)

CDGfan
CDGfan

bottle is a knocked off from Swiss Arabian's Mukhalat Maliki.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I like this it's sweetened, tamed patchouli, ambery wood and mideastern incense and powder. It's a kind of daytime sultry. It's a bit too tame for a nightime perfume.

It has good sillage and the lasting power is quite good.

I like the bottle design too, it seems to suit the mideastern tone of this perfume.

Pierina
Pierina

Based on the reviews here I have looked and looked (almost blind bought) finally found a sample to squirt and today purchased a 100ml bottle of this '$29' thank you very much!

I get similarities to Shalimar edt, Angel edt, Bleu and maybe even a little of Halston Amber.
I really like it.
Angel is a sillage monster and Bleu a bit hippy so I feel I cant get away with them at work (Halston is nearly $200 so erm yeah...).
Im picking up sweet Patch, amber and vanilla about 1 foot from my hand so I think it shouldnt be too toxic for the workplace.
I sprayed it on my hand 4 hours ago and it is wearing exceptionally well still.
very impressive!
Yay!

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

To me, its a masculine scent. This is very woody, earthy, powdery, warm, spicy. The main notes I smell are patchouli, papyrus, oak moss, jasmine. The projection power is not good, but the lasting power is okay, a few hours. Anyone who loves masculine, woody, strong pachouli scents, I recommend this for you. Its not bad or terrible. I like.

cinsot
cinsot

Adjectives such as cosy, snug, comfortable, warm, safe and secure spring to mind upon reflection of the sensibilities Jessica Simpson's Fancy Nights evoke in me.

I experienced an overwhelming surge of comfort adorned in FN yesterday. Emotionally the restful aroma of efflorescent patchouli and the friendliest vanilla-rose-incense I have ever met conjured the sensation of my Nan being near.

Stella would have loved this perfume. Nan was a Passion (Elizabeth Taylor) Girl in her day. No-one wore Passion as elegantly as my Grandmother!

Fancy Nights is mildly reminiscent of the evocative allure of Passion. A memory. A feeling.

Wonderful.

zulukline
zulukline

I received this in a swap, after smelling it in a magazine. Upon first spray, HORRIBLE, but after about 10 minutes, it's a very mysterious and deep scent. I normally hate scents like these, my preference being fruity-florals, fruity, sometimes gourmand, and occasionally oriental scents, but something about this intrigues me and since the majority of people hate this, it's fairly cheap as well!

nicki317
nicki317

I tried this at the local drugstore, not knowing anything about the notes so I didn't know what to expect. Since I am a patchouli-hater, I was immediately disgusted. I couldn't wait to get home and wash it off. Definitely not my style!

1nov
1nov

It's an old fashioned perfume but I like to wear it when I go to bed .. It's not bad

nush imogen
nush imogen

I love Fancy and Fancy Love so much, i bought a gift set with all three and was so surprised how much this one didnt fit ... i actually really dislike it, it smells like cheap cologne to me, but then again - im not into heavy night scents, i keep trying them, but never like them. oh well. the lasting power of this is great though, unfortunately lol

tatiana.sousa
tatiana.sousa

I really like it. It's not a everyday perfume at all. This is only to be used in especial ocasions. You need to put yourself dressed on to use this. Powerful,strong, misterious. I like it.

SandraV

I tried this again today after having set it aside for a few months.I already reviewed it a while back but just had to say how much I like this....once it dries down.If you don't like even a *little* patchouli stay far,far away because it is there from start to finish but oh this is lovely after the first blast quiets down:)

blueberry
blueberry

I have been tempted by this patchouli fragrance for a while... and finally decided to get it blindly, as a patchouli lover the risk seemed so low. My first encounter with Fancy Nights was not so ecstatic as I imagined, but still it got me intrigued, so I gave it another chance and it was totally worth it!
It opens a bit synthetic - at first you do not know what is going on and in which direction it will develop, but quickly the notes calm down and mellow into a cozy, chocolaty, warm and delicious blend of vanillic and ambery patchouli with a distinct character. The initial harshness must be due to bergamot and papyrus, but the oakmoss note still makes it charismatic in the drydown.

It has excellent longevity especially on clothes, and projects well.

The golden box is beautiful, the bottle nice but a bit tacky unfortunately.

It is not my favorite patchouli scent, however, I do appreciate it a lot and wear it with pleasure. Amazing proposal among celeb scents and for the price you really get your right desserts.

Recommended to all patchouli freaks, at least to be tested :)

Cams
Cams

I had to get rid of this one - Patchouli overload that literally made me ill. I tried loving it for weeks and then I admitted that I didn't. Patchouli lovers - enoy!

happybeauty101
happybeauty101

I wanted to wear this several times before I reviewed it. So here is my verdict. This perfume is for the witchy side of me. It's a powerful scent that makes you feel powerful. At first spray, the patchouli will overwhelm you and you will hate it. The key is to wait for the dry down! Depending on on your body chemistry, it might be between 10 to 20 minutes, which is not alot to ask in my opinion. The dry down is powdery patchouli on me. It's a suprisingly complex. It might remind you of an old school perfume like opium, or shalimar. But I like how Jessica put her own modern twist to it. I would wear this on a night out or when I'm feeling bitchy and powerful, lol. It's not sweet and fruity thank goodness. Because sometimes a woman just wants to feel earthy, and sensual, and well, like a woman. Not cupcakes or candy, or a fruit.

paggeo

Hi there! Back again on this one (said I would come back!!!) well I hadn't worn this fragrance at all. i was afraid to! thought it was maybe too strong for work!! Well let me tell you that I received compliments from everone today!!! They say it smells divine and sexy!! It doesn't smell cheap at all and lasts for long!!

But it is definetaly a winter scent!!! Don't go wearing this in Summer, people will faint! It is seductive... Remember Opium in the 80's??? It gives you that feeling!

jreyes366
jreyes366

Yuck, that's all I have to say about this scent. I do have to give Jessica credit where it's due though. This is NOT the typical celebrity fruity floral fragrance that will please everyone and that's why I give her credit. This is really different and I think that on some people, it would smell lovely. Just not on me!

Lushylori
Lushylori

This one is VERY oldfashioned smelling at first but it quickly drys down into a very creamy,powdery woody scent.
I bought the gift set for $20.00 on a blind buy and the first spray set me back because it was sooooo vintage smelling....Almost like that "perfume gone bad smell" but once I got past that I was ok with it but I definitely don't think I'll ever grow to love it though.
This one would only work at night when you're in a vintage fancy kinda mood IMO
I assume this one will be mostly just sitting pretty on my Dresser :)
I really like the bottle though.

veritech
veritech

Deep and spicy, got this on clearance for $6. I wouldn't have chosen this, but it's really nice and spicy, something different and I like it.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

A walk through a Mythical forest guided by the moon. The aroma of patchouli & black orchids dance around & tease the senses. You are captivated by the aroma of vanilla mixed with the earthy tones of the forest. Then you run into the love of your life waiting for you at a open spot in the forest greeting you with a bouquet of rose & jasmine florals to a midnight pick nick underneath the stars.

metis
metis

Wow, what to say about this fragrance. I was amazed by this, as its not remotely similar to its predecessor, Fancy. No, this intriguing fragrance stands alone and strong.

I bought this blindly and at first I was disappointed because all I could smell was chocolate-covered pine cones. But after a few tries and an unbiased mind, I fell in love with it. It is so rich and deep and beautiful. Slightly sweet smokey, cold night air and patchouli with hints of moist soil. There is so much complexity to this transcendental fragrance.

sweetiepea161616

This is where patchouli goes to die. I sampled this one at a local fragrance store and the SA and I both agreed it smelled gross! It's like old mold or something. The patchouli is not refined as it is in Angel or Flowerbomb. It just smells like your grandma's closet or something. It's not feminine at all, and not something I would ever want to smell like. (This should really be targeted towards men.)
It smells very outdated and is not well-balanced.

anneymn
anneymn

This perfume needs to dry before I can really start appreciating it. At first spritz it is strong, sharp-zingy, strange, & the patchouli is overwhelming.

The drydown is what I really like about this perfume-
Earthy-deep-mossy-vanilla... these four words best describe the drydown! The sharp beginning reminds me of raw honey, and there is a spiciness that reminds me of cinnamon.

I don't think it's masculine, if you give it the chance to 'settle' on your skin (skin, not clothes or paper) then your left with a warm, clean kinda dirty, vanilla. Probably takes 20 minutes to settle into this wonderful scent. If you don't give it this chance then you won't know what your missing!

edit- some days this smells kind of masculine on me and some days it doesn't. I don't know why, weather? What I've eaten? I don't know.

Unbreakable Heart
Unbreakable Heart

at walmart this cost 19.99 for a 1.0 oz & at marshall's its 19.99 for a 1.7 oz. i'm fragrance shopping at Marshall's for now on.

This fragrance is elegant & sexy

this is Unisex to my nose, all fragrances are unisex gender shouldn't matter if you like it.

just_me
just_me

its a unique fragrance and i love it.

its a fall/winter fragrance

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Ok..so I ordered after reading your reviews...and I LOVE IT! It's a spicy & exotic frag. Very unique and different from the other celebrity frags which are usually very fruity and flowery. This one is for the patchouli lovers indeed.

paggeo

Ok.... the first impression is really strong.... very similar to Opium and Youth Dew....although as it dries down, it is softer...not sure yet, I think i will get back on this one..

mimi.smell

I'm wearing it today and I'm so happy ... this is incredibly amazing parfum. Absolutly gorgeous on me .... so attractive, can not find the right words to describe this beauty. Wow, fantastic patchouli woodsy vanilla smell... There is no sweetness in FN, just pleasant dry vanilla hiding in the shadow of patchouly and wood.
Despite using my best efforts I can not properly discribe it in English (not even in my mother tongue). I'm simply in the middle of this fantastic claud and mmmmming all the time.
FN is one of the most beautiful orientals in my collection and I have them a lot, specially arabic orientals which unfortunatelly not listed on Fragrantica.
So, all the best about Fancy Nights, if you are an oriental scent lover.

Actually I don't remember when I have been so excited about some perfume.....yes, when I purchased Creed Bouquet de Fleur I've had similar feelings. Of course there is no similarity between these two, I'm talking about my excitement only.
Needless to say that I'm in loooove with FN and I've ordered my back-up bottle today!

mimi.smell

I've got it! And.......... IT'S GOREGEOUS fresh patchoulli smell, bit sharp at the begginning , but when settles down it's magnificient.
I can understand some of you talking it's somehowe masculin- yes it can be - anyways to my nose is fantastic womens perfume... not kinda cute scent, it's serious and strict , bossy perfume. It can easilly be daily scent, going to work even ....depends on personality.
Maybe I will change my mind when I'll give it "a full wear". That's what I think today while I spritz on my wrist only. For now ...I'm in love!

halloween27

Stay with this one. After about 15 or 30 minutes it begins to transform into Prada by Prada (aka Prada Amber.) Long lasting and good price for the large bottle. Nice stuff!

jenny23
jenny23

Okay so here is my experience with Fancy Nights.I tested it out today at Sears. So I sprayed it on and all I could smell was an unpleasant scent of menthol or cough syrup something along those lines.
But...
After walking around the store for a bit I smelled something really nice,not really sure where it was coming from,but ta da it was from when I sprayed Jessica Simpsons Fancy Nights.
So..
I think this perfume has a nice dry down but the first spray is really strong and almost could burn your nostrils but the dry down is quite nice. I did not purchase though,it is a possibility for the future though.

Nanc
Nanc

I find that on my skin it smells boldly of patchouli and vanilla. As time passes and it blends with my chemistry I begin to enjoy it a little more. It is very different from my usual choice of scents it borders on almost being too masculine for me, but I could definitely see me wearing this for certain occasions.

mimi.smell

I've already ordered online! I'm courious because of all reviews down here. I believe it's great perfume, even that some of you say contrary.

On vais le voir!!!

heather.laxon
heather.laxon

lovely to wear at night on first smell it reminds me some much of tabu but turns into something lighter but beautiful

acv43
acv43

I don't know why this one is so disliked!
I got a 1.7oz bottle for less than $12 so my little bottle was quite the steal and a wonderful addition to my collection.
This is definitely a patchouli scent so perhaps that is why this is one of those, love or hate scents. Personally i like a nice feminine patchouli scent.

This scent is quite unique, i was very surprised to see the notes in this one because i smell chocolate- and a lot of it!
Fancy nights to me is patchouli, mixed with a high quality creamy milk chocolate grounded by the powdery woody quality of the papyrus/oak moss and finally a little pinch of spice.subtle florals peaks through at points, but the chocolate/patchouli take center stage. This is not a everyday or daytime scent(it does have night in the name after all) but it is a nice little addition to my collection

I also love the bold colors of the bottle- I'am pretty impressed actually, Jessica really created something unique here - this is very different from the generic fruity florals most celebs pump out

EDIT- I probably should have waited till the dry down was complete BEFORE i reviewed, but you know how it is with a new scent your excited about ;)
the dry is VERY reminiscent of a sweetened shalimar!! all the more reason to love it <3

Hollie

Here's another review by me after reading Aredore's. I have to agree now that I do detect a Shalimar feel to Fancy Nights. It's been so long since I've smelled Shalimar that I could only go off memory but just the suggestion conjured the memory of that classic, beautiful perfume. It has a "younger" vibe about it, as I believe it's much sweeter and maybe a tad lighter too. It is however, a good, cheap alternative in my opinion but with still a unique feel..not like wearing a copy cat.I just found a bottle on sale for $9 at a drugstore and had to snatch it up even though I still have a full bottle. I don't get any of the "unpleasant" note combinations as mentioned by Aredore ( I guess I did the first time I tried it...see my first review) to me it's just spicy,vanilla yumminess. My hubby commented that he liked it too and he's only commented positively on maybe 3 perfumes out of my whole collection.

Portia Turbo
Portia Turbo

Smelled someone with this on and asked what it was. Quell Surprise! Jessica Simpson has made a hit for me. It gets better and better through the night,
4 hours later just starts to fade to a soft glow that by 7 hours was just a close hint of sexy. This morning gone completely.
Men and women complimented my fragrance through the night.
Cheap, cheerful and a talking point once they find out such an alluring scent is a Jessica Simpson.
Sillage; 8/10
Longevity; 8/10
Scent 9/10

Aredore
Aredore

Three hours after vandalizing an unopened box of Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights to test the juice, my wrist smells like a slightly sweeter, softer Shalimar: mellow, powdery and creamy.

It didn't start that way. Fancy Nights opens with a very bright orange creamsicle accord, cakelike and sweet, almost if the general idea behind the fragrance was to reinvent the Shalimar EdP with cake vanilla as the main accord. It's a fantastic idea, but something in the execution went awry. Somehow the cake and patchouli didn't blend together properly and Fancy Nights is all topnotes and all basenotes. A weirdly unpleasant flowers and ice cream accord laid over a beautiful, if sweet, vanilla patchouli.

Hollie

I tried this on my skin several months ago while shopping and was a little surprised ( and overwhelmed) that a smell like this would come with Jessica Simpson's name on it. I like spicy but it was overly spicy and earthy...to a point of smelling almost fecal....I know....gross...and the scent just didn't mesh together right for me. It was summer as well. I was, however, impressed with the strength and staying power.

I found a 1.7oz bottle discounted today for $16 and for some odd reason decided to give it another try. I bought it unsniffed this time but so many times I have changed my mind about a scent that I just went for it. It's winter now and fairly cold outside.

I've got to say that this time I was VERY impressed...I really can't believe how different it smells to me this time. I really really enjoy it! I should add that I'm a fan of Patchouli and anything earthy and resinous smelling and that's just what this is. At first blast out of the bottle, it doesn't smell all that great ( kind of an overly done spice bomb from the eighties feel) but give it a minute or two and if you enjoy an earthy-incensy-ambery-vanilla-patchouli scent, then I think you will fall in love with this. The longer it "stews" on my arm, the more it morphs into smokey vanilla. I keep getting wafts as I type and I feel like I'm in a head shop trying on amber oil while a cloud of sandalwood and patchouli incense swirls around me...mmmmmm.

Today I eat my words.I'll shout it to the stars: "Fancy Nights does not smell like poop!"

saida287
saida287

What a stinker! I purchased this perfume blind. I figured Jessica Simpson only had the typical sweet floral in all of her pefumes. Boy was I wrong! One sniff of the cap and I am afraid to spritz any of what could be toxic substance on myself.

MonarC
MonarC

THIS CAN BE CALLED UNISEX!! 4real, nobody is recognized it! I'm a boy and I like this one. I'm using this one every day and everybody is telling me, it's great scent. Very similiar to Cartier Essence pour homme.

i'mtooobesessed
i'mtooobesessed

I did not like this one at all!! However i do really like the advertisement and the designs as well as the color schemes!

renee.small
renee.small

i also got this in a set with fancy and fancy love and this was the last to be smelt. i guess i wasnt expecting it to smell so different from the other two. but to me its EXTREMELY masculine (i thought it was "fancy man" or something for a guy) which may be great if your into wearing guys cologne but thats simply not for me. sorry to say this is the worst perfume ive ever purchased. and still dont think it was intended for ladies.

sparkybish
sparkybish

This came in a set with Fancy and Fancy Love which I had sniffed and loved. This one opens up strongly with patchouli, and patchouli and I don't get along well. I agree with the comments of it being a dated smell. Like a patchouli of the 80's, it reminds me of shoulder pads and peplum skirts. Two out of three is not bad! The bottle is pretty enough to keep around for a while.

monkey79
monkey79

Got this in a mini gift set with Fancy and Fancy Love. Fancy Nights smells nothing like the other two. It is horrible! Smells very old.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Im still deciding if I actually like this one.
At first is was oh no- no way I did it again buying without trying.

I couldnt wait to wash it off-then by the time I was able to I thought I rather liked it.

Aromajunkie's review sums it up perfectly , she says what I would have tried to express about it.

I def agree that at first it smells "dated" as in 80's and that was an immediate turn off.
But wait long enough it changes unlike many others that start of the same.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

Let me start off by saying that I love patchouli. And this stuff has TONS of it! I also like what I think is the papyrus note, but since Ive never smelled papyrus, I'm not sure. At very first spray, for me its a horrible strong old perfume smell (not OLD LADY, as old ladies can still wear very modern perfumes, and young ladies can wear more classic scents, but just old as in "dated" and kind of "80's screaming loud with way too many notes"). But when that fades, it has a delicious smoky vanilla with patchouli to spare! Sometimes I get a weird, plasticky green note, but other times (maybe my nose is fickle) I don't. When I dont get that note, I really like this one! I love to find a good "deep" scent (or "dark" or "night" or whatever word you want to use). I noticed that Fancy Nights is kind of hard to find in stores. I guess because it probably doesn't appeal as widely as most of Jessica's perfumes. But I did find it at Ulta (a little pricey), and also at Kmart, if thats in your area.

BlueMoonRose

Actually after reading some more reviews, I might give this another chance. I just reacted to the initial strong note and did not give it time to settle before washing it off. Luckily I still have it and did not give it away ... lol

BlueMoonRose

I thought I would try an inexpensive set of three (since I love Fancy and fancy Love) but am not feeling this one. Way too strong and patchouli-esque for me, but I do like the bottle and the price was right.

Jellybean
Jellybean

too strong and old smelling. the first whiff literally punched me in the face. the only salvation was to get some fresh air. I am not a patchouli too much fan, and this is one of those frags; with strong synthetic notes which add to the harshness and dryness of this perfume.
This is more like "Sleepless Nights".

kimee
kimee

Such a different perfume for me but I really like it! It took a few visits with Fancy Nights at the shops to decide if I should take this home with me or not. In the end the gorgeous smooth vanilla notes, with a twist, got to me and I had to have it! I must say I'm not a fan of the other Fancy Fragrances. Far too sweet for me that they made my brain hurt. This, however, is a winner for me. It is a very comforting and sophisticated fragrance that I like to use it on cooler nights or after I get out of the shower. It is definitely strong at first so spray lightly but I think it's so unique and I'm glad to have it in my collection.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

I love, love, love Fancy Nights! To me it`s not as edgy as I expected based on the majority of the reviews. I find it extremely feminine and wearable but indeed more mature than Fancy, not as cutesy-girly and surely it is just different.
Fancy is one of my favourite perfumes so I thought it couldn`t get any better but Fancy Nights is just as lovely and powerful as it`s predecessor.

I don`t detect much of the notes listed, although I have to admit that I have never smelt papyrus before so I don`t even know what to look for here, but to me Fancy Nights is all about patchouli and vanilla.
It is strong on patchouli in the beginning, a little bit sharp but I adore this woody, earthy opening. A slight mossy accord is also detectable.
A big portion of cookie-like vanilla joins in later on to soften the composition and the fragrance is pretty much complete to my nose.
A sweet, thick, earthy, mossy blanket, comforting and dark at the same time.
Absolutely yummy!
Longevity is acceptable, not outstanding, but it does hold with great sillage. I got a compliment the very first time I was out wearing it, so it does demand attention from others I guess. :)
Also I think this fragrance could be a great introduction to chypre scents if you are (like me) not always very comfortable to wear big, classic chypre perfumes ( or dare I say, find them a little bit dated?) but like oakmoss, patchouli and earthy, woody notes in general. Fancy Nights is worth to start with, it`s a sweet, modern and feminine chypre suitable for all ages. Excellent value for the price.

Jessica has a fantastic perfume line and like others have said she deserves respect for putting out something so bold and dissimilar to celebrity perfume trends.
Note to myself: I must try Fancy Love now.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

I like this one but don't love it. Chypres are a challenge for me. Love the woodsy accord, don't much like the sharp opening. Like the sandalwood in the dry down, but dislike the strong vanilla in the dry down. Wish I got more patchouli from it, like the other reviewers.

Ultimately, I much prefer Kate Walsh's Boyfriend for a cozy woodsy scent. That one is softer and just yummier to my nose. It has a wonderful cedar note and dries down smooooooth.

Fancy Nights is lovely though, and it's beautifully blended. If you like woody chypres and vanillas, this is gorgeous.

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

A bottle of Youth Dew lotion sits on my computer desk and I often get brief whiffs of it.Tmn, this smells like Youth Dew 2.0 or vintage Opium in the extreme drydown,which isn't a bad thing. Fancy Nights is a touch cruder because the notes smell more synthetic than it's predecesors, but it is definitely worth trying if you like that sort of thing.

rosembloom

AQUA: I DID THE SAME LAST NIGHT. ONLY I BOUGHT 2 : IT CONTAINS A 100ML. EDP, 90ML SHOWER GEL AND BODY LOTION, PLUS A NEAT LITTLE ROLLIE FOR ON THE GO TOUCH-UPS. I THOUGHT I WOULD RETURN WITH LOLITA LEMPIKA BUT I GUESS THE VALUE OF THESE GIFT BOXES IS TOO INCREDIBLE TO PASS! MY BEST FRIEND WANTED TO SMELL LIKE ME FOR XMAS SINCE WE ARE MILES APPART: THIS IS MY WAY OF SAYING SCENT UNITES! XXX

Aqua218
Aqua218

Based on the positive reviews, I've been on the hunt for this one for awhile now. I finally located it last night - I sprayed a bit on my wrist while I browsed in the store - and I must say it was love at first whiff! A woodsy patchouli-vanilla scent is irresistible to me, and this one is no exception. It's to die for. It's intoxicating - and a little suffocating, so a light spray will do. But if you like your perfumes heady, a bit sweet and a lot sexy, this one is perfect. Truly a femme fatale scent. The price is a nice bonus too - I got the full gift set (lotion, shower gel, 100ml EDP, 6ml roller) for $19.99! And for what it's worth, my boyfriend hasn't been able to keep his hands off me all day! Luv luv luv it!

truffles
truffles

Haha! Laughing at glitteralex's anosmia comment.
I received my new bottle of this today.
I sprayed a bit on some paper, feeling a bit ginger today as I have assaulted my nose the last few days trying new perfs!
All I got was a lot of alcohol, a bit of patchouli and a bit of .. something else.. not sure what yet. So at the moment, I'm concurring with glitteral.
I'm reserving judgement for now til I've worn it properly and I'll be back.
ps. This 100ml bottle is a huge whopper! Hard to get this perf in UK, it was the best one I could see, would like a smaller size.
- Right, I've worn it now and I mean, I LIKE Brut and everything but.....
First impression - a very thin patchouli brew.
After a while it goes a bit, but not unpleasantly, 'spicey', and then ends up as a long-lasting Brut-y remnant.
I don't find the smell unpleasant but I'm surprised at the price of this celebrity scent considering its apparent quality.
I paid £22.65 for this ('RRP £45' - havin a laugh!)and I think a more appropriate price would have been something under a tenner.. I can only think that the price is funding a mega advertising campaign or something.
It's a 'drugstore' smell and 'awfy' thin for an EDP. Even the alluring green bottle isn't that impressive in real life.
Neutrally speaking, it is a very 'retro' scent. Something, say, an older woman would have worn in the 60s or 70s.
I'll hold onto this and persevere with it, I have only tried it, repeatedly sniffing, on one wrist.
Maybe it'll wow me on the neck.
Wore it properly and outside as well today. Nyeh. Actually, sorry, but this is AWFUL. There's something about this formula that just doesn't do it for me, it's weird and not in a good way. I like woods, I like chypres, I like patchouli, I like vanilla, but I can't stand this. A really bad blind buy for me. If it's a choice between C'est la Fete Patchouli and this one if patchouli is what you're after, get the Lacroix it's much better! Or just dab some of the essential oil!
Big bottle up for swap!

rosembloom

Scent of wonderment...I just tried it: this is what came to my mind: wow...Wonderous potion of sensual patchouli spice ,mysterious incense, heady rose, rich jasmine and woodsy notes. To me, it is mystery in an Emerald (;) ) bottle. A seductive, warm, alluring scent that is so delicately complex and that has a note which reminds me of honeyed dark vanilla. It does have this 'Black Orchid' note to it. Simply 'chic', perfect for parties or Xmas time to me (maybe the papyrus and incense get me in a xmasy mood?). All in all, I think my Shalimar will now stay in its bottle longer! Fancy Nights has it's vintage quality in my opinion and the drydown lasts longer on me , without the bitter note that accompanies Shallimar's lesser sillage... will update, but I'm thinking of making it one of my faves, now! Good Day Fragrantican friends! xxx

alexandra.lomaswoolmore
alexandra.lomaswoolmore

I can't find it on stores. That's sad. But I love Jess so I'll keep on searching. It's better than Fancy, with this my nose doesn't hurt.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I sprayed this on a card yesterday and promptly forgot it in my car. when I got in my car this morning it smelled Sooooooooooo good!!!! I couldn't figure out what it was till I found the card in the drink holder and sniffed, YUMMMMM!!! I have to go try this on my skin, it's very Emeraude and Shalimar like, both of which I like, it must be the woods, vanilla, patchouli mix. I'm betting JS Nights is very long lasting on skin because it sure lasts on the card. I'll try it ASAP and write another "on skin" review soon. I have high hopes for this scent. :0)

Update: Tried on my skin finally, and don't care for it, too much patchouli for my noses taste, I much prefer Shalimar. I really do like it wafting in the air in my car though.

Wega
Wega

Very surprising! I keep swearing off celebrity perfumes after many cheap synthetic stinkers, but keep getting drawn back to them (must be the marketing, availability and price)). But this is VERY nice. Creamy vanilla patchouli with an old school vibe. Reminded me of Emeraude, but more wearable and sweeter, IMO. Lovely and cheap (inexpensive, not floozy-esque)!
Love you fragranticans - I took your word for it and you didn't lead me astray.

Edit: Similar to her Fancy Love a bit, but not as thick and syrupy.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

Reminds me of Prada with a soapy touch. I like it very much. The soapy part adds a crisp edge. Very Fall.

almondcookie
almondcookie

I loved the patchouli overload at the start ( I guess that is what makes it interesting ). Then give it some time, it becomes soft powdery sweet smell with hints of incense and vanilla. It reminds me of Jade Goody's shh.
Please try it on your Skin before you purchase. Smells better on me than on paper. I have been looking for a perfume that is womanly rather than girly. I think i am starting to prefer mature perfumes. May be it's the age now that I am 26. This scent is truly devine. Finally a real perfume.RESPECT. Love You Jessica.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

Starts with a burst of earthy patchouli and some papyrus which behaves a bit like incense. Within 30 min, jasmine and amber come to brighten and warm up this composition.

It lasts about 6 hours. Excellent fragrance!

ccj36
ccj36

As a longtime fan of spicier scents like Black Orchid and Cinnabar, I bought Fancy Nights blind after reading the perfume notes and customer reviews. I am not disappointed. When I first spray, I get a sweet patchouli note that reminds me of licorice. But when it dries down, I smell a more subdued patchouli along with vanilla. I get the comparisons to Emeraude and Opium, but Fancy Nights is unique and beautiful in its own right. Jessica Simpson's perfumers have done a nice job with her fragrance line.

cocobella
cocobella

i really like this fragrance. i think it is perfect for cold, rainy days.
it is so different from the other fancy fragrances i know. it is more masculine, nevertheless not too masculine.
i get always compliments when i am wearing it.
unfortunately (on my skin) the lasting power is not as good as fancy or fancy love

glitteralex
glitteralex

Anyone else having issues of anosmia with this one?

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

I had been looking forward to receive this by mail - so dissapointing .. All I get is patchouli, patchouli, patchouli. In a heavy, overpowering way. Way over the top and very different from Jessica's other fragrances (I guess that might be a good thing, after all)

SandraV

Definitely not what I was expecting as I bought this blind without knowing what the notes were-initial spritz was HELLO PATCHOULI!! but it lightened up and became this very seductive,gorgeous scent that I could see a man OR woman pulling off.You definitely need to use a light hand with this one but if you can get past the sharpness of the first spritz it is well worth it.Definitely not for everyone:can see this being a love/hate scent....I happen to love it.It's a cool,drizzly day out and this is perfect.It reminds me of some other scent-not Emeraude but will update if I can think of it.
It kinda has a Tabu vibe to it-like I said:a love/hate fragrance for sure and definitely not for people that tend towards fruity florals.I think it's just lovely and cannot get over how different this is from the original.

jae
jae

Jae? Enjoying a celebrity fragrance after evolving from Paris Hilton's Just Me for Men and moving into the niche club? Fragrantica, I didn't see this coming. There was a thread in which this was recommended, so I decided to read the reviews. Those reviews motivated me to test this one a few hours ago. WHOA!!! This should be marketed to men - point blank. I actually love Fancy on women. But I couldn't imagine Fancy Nights on a woman at all. It IS very seductive on me, though. Damn, Jessica.. You deserve a standing ovation for having your name on THIS one....

Update: after wearing this for awhile, I can see why this is marketed to women. But I swear it still smells better on me.. LOL

tyekristopher

I just cant get enough of this perfume, I love how its made not to ''please'' everybody and its not so commercial like other celebrity scents are, It is a love it or hate it fragrance. I love it, it smells rich, you get it for a great price and it last you cant go wrong with it.
But to sum it all up, fancy nighst is more like a smokey beautiful vanilla musky smell that is perfect for dinners, nights out, dates, weddings ect thats what type of fragrance fancy nighst is, its not ment to be an everyday perfume, just those special occasions. Hope my reviews help

cheerbear8605
cheerbear8605

I was so exited to try this because I love the first one. I sprayed some on my wrist before even smelling it bad idea! It smelled horrible. Noting like the sweet scent of fancy. It was almost a grandma scent. Great I had to deal with the smell all the way home I had to roll the windows down...I hope her next fancy scent smells better!

tyekristopher

I said this once before and I will say it again, I absolutly hated this fragrance on the card when I first smelt it, It was so strong and spicy for my taste, But I picked up the bottle sprayed it on my writst and thought what have I done... lol well to my suprize I fell in love with it, I loved how it developed on my skin, it smelt nothing like it did on the card, it warmed up to a nice soft vanilla dry down and the spices were not there, it was more musk. It is one of those fragrances YOU HAVE TO TRY ON before you judge it. I love it for dinner dates and business meetings it is sophisticated in everyway. I give jessica simpson MAJOR props for going there with this ''mature'' scent and I'm 24 and like scents like fancy, fantasy, pink sugar, fancy love, viva la juicy so dont knock it till you try it.

darkbeauty

Perfect for a rainy day like today!

Vanillic Rose, jasmine & light, spicy patchouli in a fizzy green bubble of zesty bergamont and fresh bamboo. Just a gorgeous combo on my skin.

I prefer to wear this for it's youthful, effervescent quality over it's older more serious sister Emeraude. One, because the reformulated version (which I recently tried)is terrible--I take back part of my review below. And two, because I seldom wear my vintages (special occasions only). In that case, Fancy Nights is the perfect alternative. Sprayed it on this morning...so far so good with staying power and sillage. My first test of it was a dabber (manufactuer sample). I think that might have something to do with why it didn't hold or project before.

I feel sorry for those that don't enjoy this particular flanker. It seems to not be the favorite of the 4. I just pray they don't discontinue it.

Christian14596
Christian14596

Awful smelling to my nose! I prefer more sugary sweet scents. Completely different from her first two scents. i regret buying this. The only reason i bought this was this was on a HUGE discount. And by me being a sucker for celebrity fragrances, i had to get it! Initial spray was all patchouli. The dry down was better, not great but better, i could finally get some vanilla! But besides that this is awful to me! I Had to give it to my grandmother because this scent kinda reminds me of old people. The funny thing is that she thought it smell to old for her! Haha! Hopefully i fancy you is a departure from this!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

The initial patchouli blast was slightly abrasive, but nothing a hardcore patchouli-lover can't handle of course! The scent dried down to a slightly chocolatey, warm, fluffy type of patchouli with a touch of powdery sandalwood in the base.

While this fragrance is much softer and has no rough edges, it bears just enough similarity on my skin to Tom Ford's White Patchouli (a scent that gives me an instant headache) that I am happily willing to pass this by for purely emotional reasons.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I went and got this at full price I couldn't help myself. I like her other perfumes so I knew it would be strong because of the bottle colour and the nights in the name but I figured she makes nice perfumes so she couldn't have mucked this one up to much. Well I nearly died when I sprayed it. Then half an hour later I was in love. I like this as much as my No.19 from Chanel and Safari from Ralph Lauren. I will always have a bottle of this. It dries to a sweet powdery musk almost like musk sticks the pink ones. My husband can't get enough of it either. The patchouli is strong but rounded no sharp like a knife. I am glad Jess made this one it shows she doesn't want to just please everybody she has a bit of personality. I found it lasted on me I wish I could get the lotion. It kinda reminds me of SJP Covet in the green bottle just for it's strangeness and cobination of strange notes but somehow it works. I think these are the new perfumes that I am turning to. The ones that sound strange but somehow they work.

This is soft and a bit spicy at the same time. If used with a light touch, it reminds me of the original Skin Musk by Bonne Bell (now Parfums de Coeur), or the original Heaven Sent. The strong patchouli note is present in all of these.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Fancy Nights is very good, I was expecting it to be similar to Lacroix Patchouli but it is not, although I like both they are very very diferent.
Fancy Nights is very herbal, fresh, oriental and it has somewhat a candy vibe to it too.
The patchouly note is big but very well blended with the incensy woods. I dont think its very heavy but I would say that is suits both genders, my boyfriend is gonna love it on him too.
This fragrance must have been inspired in one trip to Marocco because it definatly has that oasis palace feeling.
I really like it and I'm going to wear it a lot for sure. Another good job from Jessica Simpson's team!

Longevity: Last +6hours
Sillage: Good
Personality: A night garden in the desert.

Whit
Whit

Oh wow! The first time I sprayed this, I absolutely hated it! I thought it reeked of a strong licorice smell; abhorring! I tucked the card in my purse and after a while, I took another whiff and found it intriguing to say the least. So different from her other perfumes, maybe that's why I didn't like it before. I sprayed it on my arm and waited, and I fell in love with it, though I purchased only the lotion, figuring that would be enough for me, and it was. The dry down is so soft and the patchouli so nicely done in this one. One of my winter go-to scents and my husband adores this one too. He thinks it smells sexy! Jessica should have named this one "Sexy Nights". BTW, her ad for this is so beautiful-great job, Jess!

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This is an extremely strong scent. The patchouli is overpowering. Fancy Nights is very similar to Elizabeth Taylor's Passion, gross!

greydove
greydove

I was actually expecting this to be a lot drier (less sweet) than it turned out. This ended up on my skin as sweet powder, which I associate more with vintage perfumes. However, I'm actually glad of the dry-down because sometimes patchouli-spice-bombs can come off masculine smelling, so kudos to them for not ending on a heavy cedar note, but I could have used a bit more green notes (maybe something plantlike) at the end to cut through the powdered sugar effect.

reidb18
reidb18

i don't know why but this reminds me of opium by ysl mixed with jaffas. very exotic spicy oriental type fragrance yet still nice and unique.

melbritt24

If you love this, try Christian Lacroix C'est le fete Patchouli!

melbritt24

So, I bought this blind on Ebay and I like it...in moderation. I am in love with patchouli but this scent screams patchouli! The oak moss, sandalwood, and amber make it warm, woody, and spicy...all qualities that I love in a fragrance. However, this frag boasts a slight leathery tone that I am not fond of. I think I will try one spray only for an evening out. This is def not a scent to be worn to the office!

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

I was shocked by this, jessica took quite a turn with this. You gotta admit the girl has guts for doing this and breaking away from the typical celeb fruity floral craze! At first I HATED it I thought it smelt old old old.... But I went back to dillards and actually tried it on my hand it was so strong and spicy I wanted to get it off but decided to wait and I'm glad that I did because it turned into something really pretty and sweet on me the vanilla really came out in it and I loved it! you HAVE to try it on before you knock it believe Me that is what I did and now I like it.

Jomoves
Jomoves

As others have done a pretty good job of describing the scent of this unusual and beautiful fragrance, I thought I’d try and give you a visual representation instead.

It’s a balmy early evening at the height of summer. Jessica has been to the beach and is walking home. She still has some coconut oil on her neck and her hair is up. She wipes the sweat from her brow and runs her hands along the strands of hair that are sticking to the back of her neck. She stops to buy a bunch of pink roses from a street vendor and slowly continues on her way through an older part of town.

Jessica buries her nose in the pink roses and loses herself in their sweet aroma. Suddenly, she sees a spice and oils shop that she had never noticed before. She looks through the musty window. The store appears deserted. Intrigued, Jessica slowly opens the door and enters. The thick smell of oil and incense fills the air. Huge glass pots full of spices line the walls. A burning cigar sits in an ashtray on the counter. There is a faded picture of Jerry Hall advertising Opium perfume on the wall.

Outside the sun is setting and the store is filled with amber rays of light. Cigar smoke swirls and dances slowly in the air.

Blackstar1957
Blackstar1957

I dont know why i bought this.. i mean its not bad, its just not how i want my perfumes to be smelling. Way too much patchouli. there will people who will LOVE this.. but its just not for me. However, the dry down is SPECTACULAR, there is still a hint of patchouli but its not overly powering anymore, the dry down to me smells like creamy spicy vanilla which is really yummy. but besides the dry down i dont really like it!

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

A very bold and risky smell for a celebrity fragrance, is really unique, i had never smell something similar, the pachuli stand out, good but just too much for me, not everyone can use it...

Good staying power, it last all day! ;)

weegee
weegee

Wow! This is an "old school" chypre and definitely "odd man out" in the JS line; no wonder those who love her others dislike this one! (It has that in common with Britney Spears' Believe -- seriously and completely different from the rest of the line.)

There's a pleasant "mustiness" about it that's oh-so-lightly sweetened by an undercurrent of vanilla and the patchouli! A very bitter, chewy kind of patchouli. This could easily be worn by a man. Feels rich! Lovely bitter but warm sandalwood & patchouli drydown lasts for hours & hours after the sweet top & heart notes fade.

The green & gold bottle brings to mind a deep green velvet or even the green felt of a pool table. I'm very glad this came my way.

Jordan20
Jordan20

This is so unexpected for a fragrance by Jessica Simpson of all people. To me this smells very much like something i'd expect to find come out of the middle east and for me its breathtaking both in the good and bad sense. The Patchouli in this fragrance is just on a whole other level, its incredibly intense and heavy. I love it when it settles down to the amber and the vanille but that patchouli for me was always lingering around but it smelt much sweeter when the vanille especially, came into play. When i bought this one for myself convincing myself that as a man i could wear this scent i decided to seek out the other 2 fragrances in the fancy line and they are without a doubt "female" in every sense but i might make an attempt at layering this fragrance with fancy love because that one is quite lovely as well. Like many reviewers have commented, this fragrance is heavy on Patchouli so if you're like me and you love patchouli, then this one has bucketloads for you. Its perfect for a dinner date, i think its quite sexy once it settles and the staying power for me was fantastic, i could still smell it on me the next morning.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I received my bottle in the mail last night and decided to wear it right before (and to) bed. It is a very masculine scent & I think could easily be considered unisex. I am not sure my husband actually liked it. I think it would be interesting to mix the first Fancy with Fancy nights and see if it warms and sweetens this one up a tad. Thoughts? Hmmm....Patchouli, Inscense & Resin walk into a bar.....and stay there. For a long, long time. Then they get bored, get up and leave and amber, vanilla and floral come in and stay awhile.

The end result on my skin smelled like an old library book that someone had flattened out roses or a corsage that they wanted to preserve in, with just a touch of the smell that drifts out of a Seattle "head shop" on a rainy day smells like. Coffee, pot, inscense, Nag Champa....very heady and earthy & comforting in a weird way. Somehow, it all just comes together and works! I will probably save this for the fall or winter. It just is not a "summery" type of fragrance to my nose.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Very bold...you must love patchouli to wear or like this scent. Heavy patchouli..not a bad thing. Smells like patchouli and vanilla..noticeable scent. Not for work!!!! Unless you work at a nightclub or bar!!!

roo7i
roo7i

For sophisticated mature ladies at charity balls and the like. I didn't like it because it was too powdery and a bit stuffy. Although it's definitely a night scent, it suits a public event more than a private, intimate evening.

icekat
icekat

FANCY NIGHTS is a deeply sensual, bold and beautiful fragrance. The scent makes me scream in absolute delight 'I love patchouli!' The patchouli note is absolutely stunning in this composition and so masterfully blended with other layers to produce gorgeous, unusual and very attractive scent. The composition is indeed reminds me of a night sky with dark swirls and mysterious clouds, perhaps a bit like on Starry Night painting by Van Gough. The scent is so sensual and romantic but also a bit mystical and Goth, like a legend of two lovers that could only meet in the darkness of the night under the myriad of stars and could never proclaim their love by daylight.

The opening envelops me right away in a thick cloud of bergamot and patchouli. There is something else in the opening that I would describe as noble and fragrant wood scent, which could be papyrus but as I have never smelled it, I cannot be sure. I love the opening. The patchouli is bold, dark, overpowering and just simply gorgeous. The patchouli continues to dominate the heart notes like a darkness covering the night sky. The roses and jasmine bloom in the darkness and their heady aroma mixed with the patchouli creates this deep, sensual, incense like, and honey floral scent. The base notes are smooth and dark honeyed woods. The oakmoss adds coolness to the base notes like a chilly fog in the night.

I normally do not like patchouli, so I was totally surprised that I fell in love with FANCY NIGHTS as it is predominantly patchouli fragrance. This is not typical modern gourmand patchouli. The sweetness in this perfume is more honey like than candy like. The sillage and longevity are decent. I think that this fragrance is definitely worth a try.

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

krissycat
krissycat

ok, this perfume definetely smells like some of the classics my mom owns. I can only imagine myself wearing this maybe to a classy dinner or party, but in no way can I picture this a perfume I wear often because I feel it is a bit too heavy and I can't picture wearing this during the day to work let's say. I'm actually going to give this perfume to my mother for her birthday because I think she is going to totally love this. Like everyone says it smells NOTHING like Fancy Love or Fancy. Fancy love is my favorite perfume now for years, Fancy Nights is nothing like this. It's in a whole other genre. It's not really me but I can see a real sophisticated lady loving this, and I really believe my mom will wear this. I can't wait to give it to her

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

This one is quite masculine with good lasting power and though I tend to like a more masculine scent, this one is a bit much for me. I might even say it could be a unisex scent. I do like it though and who knows maybe it will grow on me over time. For anyone looking to purchase it, it is NOTHING like the other Fancy scents and certainly for a more mature crowd.

bosem
bosem

Finally a celeb perfume that smells like a perfume - not a candy, bubble gum or fruit basket. I really love it. It's feminine&elegant. And yes the patchouly is the star but I don't find it similar to Angel(which I don't like).

Renia
Renia

oh i cant even imagine to but this. i can smell olive. i like to eat olive but i hate to smell like'em.

aelias
aelias

I think this is a really surprisingly complex perfume, and one of the better celeb fragrances. Yes, it is very different from her others scents, but it its really unique. Nice blend of floral and spice.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume is so good! People constantly complement me when I wear this. It is a very sexy sensual scent. I usually hate perfumes with alot of heavy patchouli in them but this one just hit it right. I have heard people compare it to Angel but to me it is nothing like Angel. It is more powdery and smells a million times better. It is nothing like her other Fancy perfumes so I would suggest smelling it first before buying it on a blind purchase. I just love it for winter.

Teya
Teya

blllaaaaahhhhh!!! i wanted to buy this cuz i thought the bottle looked cool but when i smelled the tester, it smelled like that powdery stuff u use to kill cockroaches. i cannot believe it.....blah

Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson is a real, big surprise. I'm a fan of patchouli and I adore its scent, however I hadn't managed to find a well-done patchouli fragrance that wasn't niche or from an upscale, commercialised brand, until now.

This particular fragrance has everything I love; a rich oriental feel, green earthiness and great intensity. Le Labo's Patchouli 24 is my favourite patchouli fragrance so far, and believe it or not, Fancy Nights reminds me of it. In truth, Fancy Nights is obviously softer and more feminine, however the distinguishable similarities are there.

The opening top notes are quite rich and bold. Definitely a night fragrance or one you would wear in Winter. First off, I noticed that it smelt a little bit like Prada, yet it was a touch sweeter and minus the amber.

Towards the heart, Fancy Nights takes a strange turn and becomes increasingly powdery. It created that softness that I often desire when my hard-hitting patchouli fragrances become too much. I like this powdery aspect and it think it works well. It's also likely to attract buyers that aren't usually ones to like heavy orientals or patchouli-based scents.

The longevity is rather rewarding and the sillage is moderately strong. I'm rather grateful that Jessica Simpson has released this fragrance seeming that it is a rather risky choice. I'm seriously considering buying this fragrance for the up-coming Winter months.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Just had a chance to try this out. What an incredible contradiction in styles! I cannot wear Ms. Simpson's other creations because they are too cloyingly sweet; though I wish I could simply because they smell awesome out of the bottle but bomb on my skin.

But this perfume... Whew! I almost dropped down on my knees when they made me smell the tester strip at the mall.

Very masculine, spicy, and avant garde. It has TREMENDOUS presence. Like a strong liquid poison in an exciting gothic story... I don't necessarily WANT to drink it. But I can't stop myself from picking up the toxic green bottle... Curious to see what's inside, I sniff this mysterious potion even if it could possibly kill me to do it.

Unconventional, peculiar, but SO enticing... Needs to be tested first or a direct full dose on your skin could kill you. Don't say you haven't been warned...

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

This is a mature, spicy, complex scent. Something about it captivates my scenses. It is indeed a strong, lasting perfume, and not for those that like darker, spice, musk type scents. I don't get a lot of compliments when I wear it, but I still love it.

rickyfreaky13

Finally i got this one, i bought it in Singapore, coz very hard to find it in my country Indonesia. I'm a lil bit shocked when i sniff it, fyi i bought it with blind purchase. It's very different with 2 Fancy before. This is very mature. I think Jessica wannabe like Chanel. The smell is very glamour n classy. It's not really my type, but i still like it just because it is Jessica Simpson. I'm her big fans anyway. Hope next perfume is easier to wear like Fancy or Fancy Love.

adele l
adele l

Surprisingly a deep, spicy amber on my skin along the lines of Obsession, Youth Dew or a less dirty Tabu..the jasmine is not asserting itself. The bottle is beautiful, the scent inside womanly and exotic. Very subtle after it settles with great lasting power. It's a very nicely done spicy oriental; whoever is expecting the usual should test first!

rickyfreaky13

I'm sure i'm gonna buy this perfume for christmas. I already had Fancy n Fancy Love, and they both are gorgeous, i believe in Jessica, so i'll buy this perfume with a blind purchase :)

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Very pleasantly surprised with this perfume! The ingredients boast of a very exotic scent and it is true. This is a beautiful, rich, opulent and seductive scent. This cacophony of decadent florals dries into a soft powder with moderate sillage and longevity. I'm keeping the tester strip in my purse! This one is a winner for me. I'm definitely thinking about buying!

darkbeauty

I agree with iMaverick! this is a baby Emeraude for sure, hands down! I really do love it beacuse of that. BUT my only concern is sillage. I tested it and 1 hour later it's virtually gone. I don't want to bathe in it just to get the scent to stay either. That's the only thing that makes me hesitate about owning it. Makes me sad because I really do love it. I also feel that if I want an Emeraude like scent, I can just as easy go to my local drug store and snag me an Emeraude, albeit not a vintage, for a fraction of the cost.

BTW, Anyone else have sillage problems with this?

It's an exotic, powdery scent, just like all the classic fumes like Emeraude, Shalimar. You have be confident enough to wear it well.

I tried this perfume at priceline here in Australia and did some shopping. At first it smelt like dirty dusty horrible smell. As I was having dinner because I was doing late night shopping at Myer, half an hour had passed since I sprayed it. I thought what is that powdery smell and when I smelt my wrist it was fancy nights. The girls at priceline said it did not sell as well as the other two fancy perfumes. I have the other two and yes they are completely different to this. This really has to have a chance to develop on the skin. At first I hated it but I am glad I gave it some time as it developed almost like samsara or shalimar. It is different to those but in the same sort of category very powdery on me. If you don't like powdery dry down then this is not for you, if you do don't dismiss it until you give it a chance to dry and develop it is lovely.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Wow. I am baffled by how much this resembles 'Neonatura Cocoon' by Yves Rocher.... Could be all that patchouli that's giving me that impression, but they really do. I had Cocoon for a short time, but returned it because it was something that simply did not suit me(I tried). But I remember thinking(and I think I may have written a review about this on Cocoon's page), that Cocoon and the original Fancy kind of 'go together' in a way. Like, one can almost be layered on top of the other, because they play off each other. So this kind of makes sense that I'm now thinking that 'Cocoon' resembles 'Fancy Nights'. I also agree with the first reviewer "guest_bettye" that this reminds me of a middle eastern scent. It's not bad, and I may wish to wear this sometimes, but I'd have to be in the right mood for it, seeing as there are so many other fragrances out there that I prefer so much more.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This, is not a pretty fragrance. THIS IS A GORGEOUS, SEDUCTIVE, and BEAUTIFUL SCENT! To compare it, it smells like a 'baby' Shalimar with its powdery bergamot opening or a 'baby' Emeraude or even one of those ayurvedic blended perfume oils. Jessica has done good if she insisted on something that smelled like this. Dry peppery notes blend with powdery bulgarian rose. The Jasmine sweetens together with smoky ambered vanilla and dry but not sweaty patchouli, like Prada's original flagship scent, which to me is nice, but I love Fancy Nights better because it isn't crazily marked up as Prada and doesn't smell cutesy-pretty (translated fruity-floral). Perfume, to me, should make you feel beautiful, mysterious and seductive. If you like fruity floral, don't bother with this one--there's nothing about it that smells like 99-cent shampoo and conditioner.

guest_Kimberly

This is my third post to keep everyone up on the progression of this particular perfume since it was quite unusual to my typical taste, my initial feelings etc.

My husband loves it, and I got complimented while under the nose of the Dentist and his helper the other day. So I think this is a nice hit. But you must at least have a taste for patchouli, as this is quite rich in this perfume.

I did not consider this a unisex fragrance, but for some reason, my husband loves it and sprays himself with it. He tells me to buy more, and would make love to me a million times over should I continue to wear this! Shocking but true.

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

I think I'm going to try this once it reaches the philippines....It's different but i think it's not that bad...people have really different tastes...sooo I dunno, maybe I will like it or maybe i wont...it depends i guess...hope it will come here sooooooon so I can try it!

guest_Ronnn
guest_Ronnn

Love it! This is not for the main stream perfume lovers though. Jessica has reached over into niche perfumery a bit and I like it! Department store fragrances are such a turn off for me (aside from a few gems). Im not surprised its getting such bad reviews from lovers of Britney, Mariah etc. Not downing these people at all but this just isnt the normal sweet, fruity floral. Its sexy and lush...I find that if a person doesnt like niche perfumery they think everything that doesnt smell like sugar is "grandma" or "old lady" so Im sure this will get those comments...You just have to be able to pul it off with confidence. Try it out and instead of thinking "mmeeh grannie!" think "balmy summer night, a little left over suntan lotion from the day, and deep earthy richness" Yummy!

guest_Kimberly

Ok, I initially wrote a scathing opinion on this perfume. But now I have to tell you why I will be changing my mind on my initial impression of Fancy Nights.

When I first smelled it, I was shocked. As it was so different from her Fancy, and Fancy Love.

I went back today and tried it again, and somehow, I fell for it. I was rather shocked how much I changed my mind from my initial opinion.

I collect perfumes. I have over 100. My faves are Poeme, Ysatis, Blue Butterfly, Some of Brittany Spears, etc...This one I just had to add to my collection.

I think I would consider it an urban evening, not truly Fancy Evening as the add implies. But more like movies, cute t-shirt night out...

I think most people will be initially shocked by how different this perfume is at first. But if you like earthy, give it a try one week after you first hate it, try it, or spray it. And perhaps you will be like me and end up buying it.

I think I will layer it on myself with some other perfumes that I have. And I will also let my husband use it.

guest_tuscany_lover

I THINK THIS THE BEST ONE OUT OF THE BUNCH. I'M STILL TESTING BUT I WON'T PURCHASE AT A RETAIL PRICE..MAYBE AT A DEEP DISCOUNT

I MUST SAY THAT THE OTHER TWO FANCY ARE AWFUL !

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I sampled this from a magazine and that was enough to put me off in wanting to try this on my skin. It's more of a retro green scent that is for a more mature woman. It's a strong, powdery and weird and annoying to my nose. With respect to the perfume it must be the papyrus note that I don't like since I've never smelled it before. I don't like it but others might so try it before you buy!

guest_Kimberly

Jessica!!! What happened! I love Fancy! So I thought you would keep in the groove with you wonderful initial knack as great perfume nose! Fancy Nights is horrible! I might as well roll in dampened dirt and spray some Patchouli allover me. Now come on...The bottle is very pretty, as well as the color, but OMG, this one stinks. I am just shocked too that you consider this something that is fancy for evenings. I see someone popping out of a van smoking a joint, looking like he was dragged through the mud. And I like Patchouli, but this is just toooo much.

Fragaria
Fragaria

From good, to better, to stench! I like Jasmine, I thought, until I smelled this. I wish I could smell the patchouli because I LOVE patchouli. ALL I smell is jasmine and it's a most depressing scent ever. The jasmine is awful because it's just got mold on it or because it just doesn't go together with the other ingredients listed. I won't give this another chance because I don't want it to "grow" on me. When someone walks past me, what they smell is exactly what I thought of this perfume at the first instant, and I don't ever want to smell this bad to anyone! This scent makes me think of someone sleeping in a damp basement, on a stained matress. This is how I would imagine them to smell. Boy is this just not for me. I'd love be able to smell it on someone that loves it and that it smells nice on. I don't like to bash this but it's just very offensive.

guest_tuscany_lover

just to let you know, don't dismiss a fragrance at first try. It is a new olfactory experience..you'll need at least 3 tries to know whether you like it or not...esp, for fragrances that are more complex like this one.

this is my new holy grail perfume besides Palazzo fendi

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I got to sniff this one and I must say that you could definitely find someone wearing this in the dark of night. I thought it was too much like dumping patchouli oil on yourself. It's different let's put it that way.

secretcrush
secretcrush

Tried this at Macy's... Very very potent, go easy as a lil goes a looong way, reminds me of the Prada perfume w/ its rich spicy patchouli base. Would be nice if used very very sparingly sorta like Baby Phat's Seductive Goddess...Wouldnt mind having a bottle at a deep discount price...

APassionateJourney

Ok, I backed it up and tried it again. It took me THREE tries to finally like this. When you first spray it it is VERY loud and VERY sharp within the likes of Angel. It smells like some old Brute cologne or Older old spice. However, after 20 minutes and we get to the dryyyyyy down of the dry down it starts to smell really good. If you're going to wear this to a dinner or somewhere nice I would suggest spraying this around 7:30 p.m. By 8:15 p.m it should be ready to go. I'll get this but it's going have to be at a verrry good price :)

jonr951

I finally got to try Nights today. It's a nice stronger patchouli powdery scent. It's something completely different from the other Fancys. I like it. It's definitely her most sophisticated scent. I think a guy could easily pull this off. It's different & I give props to Jessica for making something different. It isn't just another sweet fruity floral. I'll get me a bottle. : )

vmromero
vmromero

I am really looking forward to trying Nights. Her first two Fancys are just great. This one sounds so different. Im very excited about this one. : )

jonr951

Thats what Ive heard. That it would be a great mens scent. I cant believe it. LOL. I will for sure report back. Thanks. : )

jonr951

Powdery patchouli sounds good to me. People really dont seem to be liking this. I dont think a strong scent is what her audience wants. Id still really like to try Fancy Nights. I have hope for it still. And yes, her previous two are really nice. I love Fancy. I still need to get me a bottle of Fancy Love. : )

danimcneil
danimcneil

I was able to test this today. This is very reminiscent of and 80's classic smell: POWDERY PATCHOULI!!! It horrible, and definitely her worst. I love her other 2 and wear them quite often. I am happy that she went in a different direction that other celebs with this one, but the direction was the wrong choice. Sorry Jess!

APassionateJourney

Jessica, you can't be serious with this crap! Smells like she went into a boys locker room in hopes to capture their sweat and must! This is very heavy and very gross. I can't believe it. This is so different from her first and second scent. I'm skipping this one!

guest_bettye
guest_bettye

I love this..it is complex and rich..not annoying in any way to me...reminds me of a middle eastern scent...

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

This is jessicas WORST fragrance!
it smells like mens brut/ old spice aftershave! its too bad-i had high hopes for this one =(

Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson 3.34 out of 5 based on 969 ratings and 381 user reviews

FragranceShop.com
FANCY NIGHTS for WOMEN by Jessica Simpson EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Perfume.com
Fancy Nights Perfume by Jessica Simpson - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Fancy Nights Perfume by Jessica Simpson - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
FANCY NIGHTS for WOMEN by Jessica Simpson SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 3 OZ BATH SHOWER GEL 3 OZ
Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz Eau De Parfum Spray 7.5ml 0.25oz Body Lotion 90ml 3oz 3pcs
Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.