Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

I Fancy You Jessica Simpson for women

I Fancy You Jessica Simpson for women Pictures I Fancy You Jessica Simpson for women Pictures

Jessica Simpson and Parlux present a new fragrance from the Fancy line in 2011. After the original Fancy from 2008, Fancy Love from 2009 and Fancy Nights from 2010, here comes the I Fancy You edition. I Fancy You is described as a soft and velvety floral - musky scent.

The composition is created by Cecile Hua of MANE. The fragrance opens with fruity notes of Fuji apple and pear. The heart is made of white flowers such as tuberose and lily of the valley, settling at the woody - musky sandalwood base.

The light blue bottle is adorned with cute silver heart-shaped applications. I Fancy You is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Bergamot Red Apple Pear

Hyacinth Tuberose Lily-of-the-Valley

Musk Sandalwood

Daisy Dream

I Fancy You Fragrance Reviews

Leniya
Leniya

Very safe and nice scent. One of my classmates at school told me that I smell unbelievably clean - if it is a softener or a fragrance. My boyfriend also like it. Good as a blind buy gift.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I sprayed my knee last night before going to bed with this scent. Doing this gives what I find, and comparable impression of a person standing next to me with the same perfume on. This stood the test and lasted through the night and was there in the morning. Longevity for me is good at 7 hours. Any reviews that say this is clean are true. This is very comparable with Liz Claiborne Soul. The two together smell a bit different, but in a blind test on another person just wearing one, you easily could chose the wrong scent. I happen to love both scents. The bottle is lovely and sparkly and would be a fantastic Christmas tree ornament if it were round. I don't care for Fancy Nights so much, but love that bottle also. And it IS perfection for the "type" of scent it's meant to be. Jessica Simpson's scents last and last. I will keep buying every scent she does for the simple fact that they are exactly what I look for in a scent. Priced modestly, produced by an amazing nose, visually appealing, endlessly lasting, easy to find! For myself, I haven't found any designer or house produce anything over and above these scents. But keep in mind, I have never once found anything I'd pay for by Chanel! It just hasn't happened... yet. This review is from a very generic person!

Caitlyn.Taliaferro
Caitlyn.Taliaferro

I got this perfume after purchasing fancy. This smells absolutly NOTHING like fancy. It doesn't smell "bad" but it't not sweet or feminine at all. You have to have a certain taste for this kind of stuff. I don't fancy it!

pixiewinks
pixiewinks

tested this out today...
It's not a bad fragrance but it's very very powdery, musky, and soapy as with most of her perfumes. I may purchase it for an after my bath spritz and being that it's at TJMaxx on clearance for $6, but I don't think it will become a favorite.
scent: 6.5
packaging: 7

alyunie
alyunie

I was looking for a fruity/floral light fragrance, came across this perfume online very cheap so I gave it a try. Not bad for the price but not what I expected either. From start to finish it smells like ginger ale with a hint of apple. Luckly its light enough to layer with other perfumes. On skin lasts 2hrs. a little longer on clothes. Projection is low. Must be inches away from the spay site to smell. Nothing like the other J.S line.....I own 2 others...Fancy and Fancy Love. This is by far the lightest fragrance from her line with the shortest longevity. Not my fave scent. will not buy again.

jreyes366
jreyes366

I first purchased this fragrance during Christmas time in 2012, it was a small gift set with a 1 oz of eau de parfum, lotion, and shower cream. My first thought was "wow, this is a far cry from the super sweet Fancy." I liked the initial blast of clean florals and crisp apple. It was a beautiful scent in the winter time too by the way, which I feel this scent also works in hot weather. This scent is too strong but layering is probably a good idea. I recommend this to anyone who likes fresh fragrances.

caylarhene
caylarhene

This is actually one of my favorite scents. One that I have actually used all of. To me this is a safe fruity frangrance that can be wore all the time. I really don't get any floarl notes like with fancy love, this is more of a sharp pear/ apple perfume that calms downs quickly to a clean beautiful scent. I enjoy this perfume a lot.

ChristopherK21

Smelled Chanel Chance Eau Tendre today in Macy's and it smells EXACTLY like this perfume. I was shocked!

miss_piggy

After dousing myself in this for the past 24 hours or so.. This is a tiny whiff of Gwen Stefani's L, diluted in a huge vat of "I can't believe it's not water."
Don't judge her other scents by this review, but this one is a bit of a dud after the initial blast of ginger ale is gone. Still looking forward to trying Fancy Girl.

miss_piggy

It's too soon to give a proper review; but the first whiff was just like ginger ale, fizzy and all. Interesting..

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

Opened with a really nice, clean, floral fruit scent. Would have loved this perfume if it had remained like that. Instead it dries down to an almost nonexistent, sweet, woodsy musk.... I like it, but I don't love it.

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

This perfume is pretty sharp at the start, which I really like. Nice and fresh, but then it settles down to a very confusing and odd smell, which I don't know how to categorise.
It would be perfect if the the top notes would dominate, but no, is just ok. :) I'll keep wearing it this summer anyway, and reapply just to keep the smell fresh always.

Update: I've been using this lately when going to parties, and I think it works better for autumn than for very hot summer days. It smells amazing if you apply few squirts onto your hair. :) Lasts quite long and the drydown also gets nicer on colder days.

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

got a 1.7 fl. oz. bottle in a swap and don't like it... i like her other perfumes but just not this one. smells like sour fruit on me.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

This perfume smells like shampoo and clean clothes and old-fashioned soap...but not a bad way. I think I like it? It's not a complicated scent; it isn't trying to be. There's a burst of freshly picked fruit at the very beginning - apple and pear probably - and then the floral notes appear - lily of the valley and hyacinth (that combine into an almost lilac accord.) There's a distinctive appeal to this fragrance that is hard to explain. Perhaps it's the balance of elements - the juicy warmth from the background of fruity notes tempered by the the sheer, cooler notes of the florals and white musk. I'm more of a warm, spicy fragrance type of girl, so I don't reach for this scent often, but I like it enough to not want to part with it. I spritzed the decorative towels in my guest bathroom with it the other day and the room smelled refreshing and nice for days.

ChesleyMusic
ChesleyMusic

its really clean fruity scent and the color of the bottle is great. Its the sweeter version of Curious by Britney Spears

The apple, bergamot and pear doesn't smell like organic tho, the small florals really help but not much.

My verdict is 'I Fancy You' is a really good after bath fragrance and also good spring/summer perfume, once in fall & winter.

Its pretty laid back. There's no base & heart notes.

MajaS
MajaS

Smells beyond cheap and so generic. It's the most cheap and unoriginal perfume I own. Although it was really cheap I regret buying it.

skylamor
skylamor

To me all I get is basic shampoo scent or laundry detergent which I cannot stand the artificial smell of, I use fragrance free laundry detergent. I guess it would go along with the 'clean cotton' scents that some people like. If you like that sort of scent you'll probably 'fancy' this one. I really like Jessica's other scents though. They are all very different from one another.

Bella1
Bella1

@LauraKaye.
Fancy Girl is the new flanker.
Available at Macy's.
Love this frangrance, I get fresh crisp pear.

laurakaye
laurakaye

I received this lovely scent from my daughter for Mother's Day.

Jessica Simpson's Fancy scents have the strangest effects on me. In every case, with each scent, my first reaction is usually "???" And then, after a couple of wearings and some settling, I end up falling in love. With I Fancy You, my first reaction was "blast of hairspray circa 1980." But then I remembered to just wait and see - and naturally, Jessica got to me again.

I can see myself reaching for this all summer long. It's a clean and crisp, like wildflowers in a breeze. The sillage is just so darn refreshing - like someone fresh out of a cool shower wearing sun-kissed clothing. And a couple of sprays last for hours.

Keep up the excellent work, Jessica! Isn't it about time she comes out with a new Fancy flanker?

Quarantine
Quarantine

This smells very clean on me from start to finish, and reminds me of laundry detergent. I like it, but it's not one of my most special fragrances. I was very surprised to get four random compliments on this in one day, it must be my most complimented fragrance yet, which I find very surprising. I must suit smelling clean!

PerfumeAddict23
PerfumeAddict23

Me and Jessica's perfumes have its ups and downs. I have loved some and I have hated some. I knew when I stepped into Macy's the summer of 2011 and smelled this perfume for the first time, I was going to get it. 3 years later, I purchased a 3.4 ounce bottle. I feel like I Fancy You is at its prime during the hot spring months and summer days. It's light enough to not feel heavy on a warm day, but fresh enough to wear as an every day perfume as well.

I wouldn't say that this is anything special. It doesn't really last, on me at least, for more than 3 hours or so, but it's light enough that I don't feel bad reapplying if I feel like it. I think this is more of a every day perfume. I wouldn't really want to wear this out to someplace nice or to the club.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

To my nose it smells like a softer slightly sweeter version of EXCEPTIONAL BECAUSE YOU ARE! Also along the lines but softer than PLEASURES LANCOME MARC JACOBS, VERSACE VERSENSE, CHANCE CHANEL. I'm not saying exactly but pretty darn close and reason enough to have as a budget wise option if u r into those, no what i mean Mirna? Would be more office friendly cuz it's lighter n easier to wear. Sits close to the skin n u would have to spray ur clothes n hair to have staying power. IMHO

indi3cita
indi3cita

I like this fragrance but Its kind of generic for me, nothing special. Could it be that it smells a little like soap or shampoo. All I get is fruit sweet no flowers or musk or woods at all. It doesn't last long.

ChristopherK21

So my boyfriend just surprised me with this perfume last night! He got it for me as a gift from a trip he recently went on! I always see this one in the store, but for some reason I am very reluctant to buy anything from Jessica Simpson. It's not her that I personally do not like, I think she is pretty and sings well! I once smelled another one of her perfumes called "Fancy Nights" and I absolutely hated it. It was so strong and not for me. So that literally scared me from trying another one of her scents.

Well, I was surprised when my boyfriend picked this one up for me, because he knew of my bad experience with Fancy Nights. I thought he was joking when he told me what he got me. BUT he did actually pick it up. Before he gave me this gift, I was in my local mall at a Perfumania store, and I saw a sale on body lotions. I was there to pick up the "Tease" by Paris Hilton lotion, but I had to get another one for the sale price. I Fancy You by Jessica Simpson was there, so I figured I would give the lotion a try before I get the perfume! I liked the lotion! It was light and creamy and almost sweet smelling! A glimmer of hope came over me that I would hopefully like the perfume! When he gave me the perfume I must say, I was pleasantly surprised!

I Fancy you is a very clean smelling scent! It almost reminds me of a cross between 3 different perfumes: Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Curious by Britney Spears and Glow by Jennifer Lopez (JLO). I actually liked it! I couldn't believe it! In my perfume collection I have some particularly heavy scents, and I love them, but sometimes I am in the mood to wear light fresh scents! This is definitely one that I will wear in the future! I have some light scents such as "Christina Aguilera" by Christina Aguilera, which I love, but it honestly doesn't last that long! I am wearing this one, and I can tell it will last a while! Especially while I have the lotion to layer with the perfume!

I would recommend this one to anyone who is looking for a light fresh scent for school or work, or just looking for a light scent for everyday use!

I can definitely see why some won't like it, but if you are like me, you will find this light, pretty & pleasant!

Finally a Jessica Simpson scent that I like! Score! :)

EDIT: I also love the box! It is a pretty advertisement! and there is a nice poem on the inside cover! :)

Kidra14
Kidra14

It smells pretty good but it doesn´t last at all, it was a bad purchase.

Centsless
Centsless

It smelled nice when I first sprayed it, like hairspray/shampoo, then the middle was very very bad (Britney Spears Curious comes to mind) and the drydown is okay again. However I just can't get over the likeness to Curious, and the artificial apple/pear smell in the middle, I can't do it. The bottle is absolutely beautiful though, I wish I did like it!

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

When people ask me to recommend to them a very clean, shower fresh scent, I tell them they have a multitude of options --- as long as they remember to look for a scent that includes the note of hyacinth.

Hyacinth isn't just a wet soap, an aquatic blend, a waxy lily, kind of clean; it is the purest, cleanest Spring rain you have ever smelled. It is rainwater trickling over glossy, green leaves and accumulating into lily cups. It is fresh air, magnified. It's cool, starry skies. Hyacinth's subtle, underlying mineral earthiness, gives it a universal freshness, like wind whipping all around the planet, across the most different of cultures.

To say "I Fancy You" is like sweet water and crystal fresh is accurate but it doesn't really describe the special kind of freshness that hyacinth imparts. This freshness is cool and a little plasticky (something in it reminded me of the plastic-musk of "Oh! de Moschino") but the cool, oily crunchiness of that springtime bloom is in perfect balance with the powdery, carnality of the tuberose, here, resulting in an apricot-sweet, creamy skin impression. I love that underlying skin-cream musk that ties all of the Jessica Simpson perfumes together because it gives a ladylike, layering quality that's comforting and slightly retro. You'll smell like you put on some "Oil of Olay" and used body powder (with a puff!) before applying a fragrance over it. In "I Fancy You", that under-lotion could even be a mid-90's "Victoria's Secret" pear lotion.

"I Fancy You" is a very watery-fresh, squeaky clean scent, along the lines of Ralph Lauren's "Blue" but its creamy, apricot-skin undertones makes it feel cozy and relateable, too. It also has a distinct character which is hard to accomplish with a diffuse, fresh fragrance --- the line between "shower clean fragrance" and "cleaning solution" is dangerously thin -- and something else I appreciate about this brand, as well as its affordability.

While I imagine "offensive" is a word that will never be associated with "I Fancy You" realize the sweetness of the fruits, combined with the powdery creaminess of the tuberose, can be stifling if this scent is over-applied. One spray fills the space around you with wet, shimmering freshness, quite nicely.

Spencemonster
Spencemonster

NOTHING FRUITY ABOUT THIS SCENT! Again wrong TOP NOTES! I love this scent, but think "Clean Laundry" on acid, seriously a totally fresh clean and BASIC scent. Beautiful when you drench literrally maybe still wet drench yourself in it. Some people wear it amazingly, others and myself, not so much. Don't hate it but just didn't do anything worth keeping, other than the bottle being so beautiful. I kept the pocket spray, but that's about it...for some reason it hold's it's "scent".

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

Starts out smelling like shampoo or hairspray. Then I think maybe the apple (?) gives it a flinstones vitamin smell. Overall I don't think this smells bad, gross, or offensive in any way. This is a very fresh, clean and safe perfume for someone out there. Just does not appeal to me in any way. Silliage and longevity are pretty weak.

shasta
shasta

To me, this is daisy eau so fresh on steroids. It has greater silage and projection than daisy. A bit rough around the ages. This isn't the usual type of fragrance that I wear but I wear it often and I an glad that I bought it.

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

Very week And subtile parfume. Smells a little bit like baby powder. Not very expansive (20$ for 100 ml) but a waiste of money because it IS too week.

P.s. I did not see any ressemblance with Daisy from Marc Jacob wich IS one of my favorite parfume.

Yanna11
Yanna11

If you love Miss Dior Eau Fraiche and Lanvin Éclat d'Arpege, I Fancy You is the TOP choice. It smells like the best of both. But it's so much cheaper!
I totally love this perfume. It smells expensive, classy, clean, fresh and elegant. LOVE IT!!!!

Voopie
Voopie

I recived it today with a 90 ml bodyloation. The perfume is so soft and light, the perfume is much more floral musky, this is a summer fragrance. I cannot smell Tuberose with is my all time favorite note, just appel, musk, sandelwood and some note that is almost like citus. Maybe lilly of the vally, for 10 $ this was not at all bad but nothing that I would recommend. It reminds me of a cheap version of Giorgo Beverlly Hills Blue. The bodyloation is very nice and of good quality but it do not smell like the perfune at all. Light powdery soft musk.

glassjules
glassjules

I just tried this one tonight and am putting it on my I want list! I tried it on tonight at the store and was pleasantly surprised. It starts a bit more sweet but has a nice soft powdery floral that stays with you. Nothing particularly amazing but a nice soft mom smell :) and I'm a mom :)

Scout
Scout

hm, completely confounded by this one. Walked through a drug store and sprayed this on a random whim. The cloud burst forth with a chalky neutral powder. Then on the skin it settled with the most awful artificial fruit; I could have sworn it was passionfruit or pomegranate or some sickly artificial interpretation thereof. I shrugged it off as "when are you going to learn not to spray random drug store scents?!?!?"
But then as I milled about doing my shopping that day, the disgusting fruit faded even close to the skin, and the projection and cloud were intensifying chalky powder. I found myself actually enjoying it! Subtle, classy even. What is going on? How does this awful fruit skin scent project into this soft lovely chalk powder? What the heck.....
I don't get any floral, certainly not lily of the valley which I have developed an aversion to through the years. My nose picks up on lily of the valley toxicity for whatever reason....
Really really mixed up about this one. Just going to put on a "like" here, and test again one day when I'm clean and fresh and can detox my nose with some coffee.

carleighmarley
carleighmarley

So. Bad. This smells like hairspray and not in a pleasant way. Very artificially fruity and like alcohol. I returned this first chance I got because I couldn't stand it that much. I will probably never blind buy a perfume again because I had such a bad experience with this one. For the record I really hate soapy scents but I know some people love them. If you like soapy scents you'd probably like this.

Fragrancemania
Fragrancemania

Wow. A blind buy. And guess what..Love this. Just a beautiful soft fragrance. Am definately more interested in the Fancy line.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

This was a blind buy whilst visiting the USA. I have tried the others in this range and the price tag won me on this occasion and of course being curious. This is a very fresh/clean scent. I do smell light/soft floral notes, nothing too heavy. And some fruitiness to it but nothing overbearing, very subtle yet fresh fruits. Lovely musk on the dry down mixed with a soft sweet undertone. Again like the others in this range, the first spray is quite strong but it does dry down which is when you can appreciate the mixture of notes. I would say this scent does not last as long on me as the others, however I would put that down to its clean/musky scent, sweeter scents just seem to stick more to my skin.

ledavis727
ledavis727

Oh Jessica, you drew me in with the original Fancy and so I thought I would give this one a try seeing as I loved the original so much. This perfume to me smells like a combination between shampoo and fresh laundry. Lots of fresh apple, aquatic and sweet, but completely lifeless for some reason. Nothing special about this one unfortunately, I sometimes like to spritz it on my clothes or just out of the shower when I want to smell "clean" but not noticable. For some reason I like smelling like this at the gym also due to the clean linen-type smell. But honestly, I don't really view it as a perfume that I would ever crave to wear or remember during certain seasons. Very inoffensive but not memorable at all.

bell82
bell82

This is another lovely scent Simpson. Great job!

Oh my, can't really compare it to Chanel Chance!? I bought it for me, gave it to my niece, this is light, citrusy, pretty but young and soft. Chance is more earthy, stronger...and mature almost..
For a young person this is lovely, more a spring/ summer scent though in my opinions. Nice musky floral light scent, nice, nothing more, and not complex either..

Second review:

When I sprayed this on one wrist, and Chanel Chance on the other, no one around me could tell the difference.

If the Chanel price tag doesn't interest you, but Chance does, try I Fancy You. It may work as a much cheaper dupe for you.

ETA: Everyone is different, and I can only speak to my experiences. I understand the notes aren't similar, but that's how it smelled on me, and others around me agreed. And I didn't even tell them it was 2 different fragrances.

Elsi
Elsi

For those looking for this in Australia - I bought a gift pack (30ml + body lotion and shower gel) at Priceline for $15 today. It smells a bit hairsprayish on me but for only 15 bucks I don't mind!

pipergirl
pipergirl

The initial spray is heavy hitting vodka-like alcohol, whew! On skin, that alcohol smell soon disappears and a lightly sweet, sort of pear flavored gummy bearish scent develops. It's a bit artificial smelling but kind of pleasing all the same, though nothing to get too excited about. I think that this fragrance needs warm skin and warm weather to really shine. Will retest when it's warmer.

gorgeousbutterfly
gorgeousbutterfly

I got this as a blind buy at TJMAXX for 8 dollars for a 1.7 ounce bottle. I was hoping this would smell young and flirty as the name suggests "i fancy you" but my expectations have not been met. This smells very powdery and mature, something my grandmother would wear. I'm returning this tomorrow. :(

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

I got mine at TJ Maxx. Blind Buy and no regret. I like it :) ♥ Sweet, fresh & clean.
THE DRYDOWN SMELLS REALLY GOOD!!!

nightcat23

Soft and pretty and has a clean laundry smell to it. But that's fine with me since I love fresh clean smells.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

I just can't get over the extremely annoying fake apple smell that dominates this fragrance, very much like the kind that's typically used in apple scented fabric softeners and other household cleaning products. It's clean to the point where it becomes fretting to my nose. It smells like a blend of toothpaste, apple vodka and some sort of highly corrosive acid.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Light Blue in a prettier bottle.

Nothing more, nothing less.

AdrianB

I picked this up at TJ Maxx as a blind buy. It was a set that had the body lotion and the 1.7 oz parfum. I figured for $13 if I didn't like I can give it to someone for Christmas.

For me it's a keeper. On my skin it's a combination of floral and musk, neither of which are overwhelming, with a slight soapy note on the dry down. It's a clean, pleasant fragrance that makes me smile and has good staying power on me even without the lotion. I can see me wearing it to work or on casual days off. Not sure it's a "signature scent" for me, but certainly in the running.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I just got the 1.7 oz. and wish I'd gotten the larger bottle. This is really nothing like what I usually wear, but I love it. It seems very fresh to me. Almost aquatic, even though it isn't listed as an aquatic. Unlike other reviewers, I don't think it smells like laundry soap or air freshener, or any such thing. It just seems serene and sexy at the same time. My husband grabbed me and told me I smelled so sexy. Score! It's not a loud scent, but I can smell it on me for about two hours, probably others can smell it longer. It is a "feel good" scent too because it has an ozonic or airy feeling. I'm so glad I bought this one.

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

I just got a 1 fl oz bottle of this fragrance and now that I've worn it around, I think I can offer a better review.

I think this is a really pretty, fresh, and clean scent. It opens up with the fruits which aren't too fruity, but rather crisp. The bergamot makes it super fresh and zesty, which I think is pretty :) Then, the white floral core makes the fragrance a bit more feminine and soft, which gives it that fresh out-of-the-dryer smell. The base is just a classic sandalwood/musk, which adds more depth.

Even though it's not really unique, I Fancy You is a really good casual scent. It sits close to the skin, so for someone else to smell it they'd have to get closer to you. In my opinion, that light quality makes it more intimate and possibly romantic (depends on whose close to you).

This fragrance is great for work or school because it won't offend anyone. It could also work for a casual outing (or date, I'm not a rigid follower of the "rules").

Overall, I'd give I Fancy You a 4/5. It's good for what it is and I really enjoy it.

amy1983
amy1983

This is strong,like fabric softener. At first,I wanted to bring it back,because it was so overpowering,but I couldn't because I lost the packaging. So I kept it,and I am glad I did. It is sparkling,and soapy. It's like detergent,fabric softener,and raindrops,all mixed together. Nice.

I Fancy You is a difficult fragrance to track down. I looked everywhere for it before ordering a sample online. As far as I know, I Fancy You is not expected to reach Australian shores.

I Fancy You shares some similarities with Marc Jacobs' Daisy. They both share a tart, almost salty fruit accord. I can't say that I'm a particular fan of it. Thankfully I Fancy You settles into a clean and musky drydown, losing much of that crisp, and somewhat irritating apple accord.

It's very shampoo-like on my skin, even a tiny bit soapy, especially in regards to the lily of the valley note. I Fancy You is not a bad fragrance, but in comparison to Jessica Simpson's other scents, it lacks creativity.

The longevity is unfortunately very poor, and the projection quite soft. It strikes me as being a fragrance best suited to warm Summer days. I would probably appreciate it more during this season.

For the price, I would say that I Fancy You is reasonable, sure to be a hit with those that enjoy fresh and crisp fruity florals.

FrancesAnne
FrancesAnne

After buying and enjoying Fancy Love I thought I would try this one. Amazing bottle but the scent is awful, way too much citrus in there for me and gave me a headache. It smells cheap and nasty I'm afraid.

Museumgal
Museumgal

It opens very fruity -- sweet apples and pears. As that fades the hyacinth comes in with the musk, and it changes from sweet fruity to fresh and clean. Also as the apple and pear notes fade I get a very distinct bergamot -- it's not very high in the pyramid but I can definitely smell its influence. Lasts nicely, it would be great for fruit lovers who don't want to smell too sweet. Fresh without being sharp, a clean musky floral scent, really great for work or casual wear.

londonhermit
londonhermit

This is a very wearable fragrance for summer. It's not offensive and is a skin scent. The initial spray was very muddled for me,I couldn't discern any of the apple or pear. This muddled confusion persisted until the fragrance finally settled. During the dry down the musk and hyacinth came together and formed a fresh powdery aroma on my skin. Thankfully the tuberose is not overwhelming neither is the bergamot which I can barely detect. This fragrance was a solid investment as I will get a lot of wear from it. The bottle is also beautiful. Well done Jessica Simpson creative team.

Shimone
Shimone

I ran across this fragrance a number of times at a really really good steal! Didn't get it because of the reviews I read here,it didn't smell like anything or had any longevity! I Fancy You came in a trio of purse sprays along with Fancy & Fancy Love for 10 bucks. On my way out this evening I grabbed I fancy You instead of Fancy Love and I was pleasantly surprised that I did smell it and as usual the Louisiana heat gave it longevity! Very nice & clean.....I will definitely be purchasing the largest bottle to share with my daughter!

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

very clean..kind of remind me of Marc Jacobs Daisy

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

I just got this and I really like it. I was expecting it to be water like after reading the reviews but it was a wonderful smell. It reminds me of a little bit softer version of Britney Spears Curious.

demurevelvet
demurevelvet

I am wild for the original Fancy. Unfortunately,I Fancy You was completely gone in about 10 minutes time. Gone, just gone. Had it any longevity for me it would have been nice for an early morning, out the door fragrance. Fresh, but forgettable.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I smelled this in a magazine insert when it first came out and instantly had to have it. I got the 30mL bottle for my birthday and it quickly became my signature scent. A quick spritz lasts all day. To me, this smells fresh and clean. The sillage is fairly soft, but that could just be because I don't apply very much of it. This is a great winter and spring fragrance.

Soie
Soie

I couldn't remember whether it was this fragrance or "Fancy Love" which supposedly smells of creamy peach blossoms, so, when I saw this one at Marshall's @ $14.99 for 3.4 ounces, I happily snapped it up. Well, "I Fancy You" doesn't smell of creamy notes & peach blossoms, but it isn't horrible either. Its tuberose, a note which I usually can't stomach, is soft and airy rather than fleshy and heavy-handed - something which I appreciate, as otherwise I would not be able to wear it.

In my opinion, though, "I Fancy You" is not a "velvety floral-musk" fragrance as it is described, but more of subdued 'fresh air' type of scent, with notes of green apples, pears & musk. It does smell too much of chemicals to be a perfume, IMO - room freshener comes closest to describing it; I can also easily imagine it as a laundry detergent scent, or - with a stronger intensity - as a bracing fragrance for a shower gel....

I'm saving mine for the dog days of summer.

aspirina
aspirina

I got this in TJmaxx for less than 10$ 50ml bottle. I think it smells like laundry detergent or softener..or like a room spray. I will use it for going to the gym, i don't think it will offend anybody, the sillage is very low. I guess it is another case of you get waht you pay for.

ver jaina
ver jaina

on my skin, this is a lot of musk & baby powderish cleanliness...not something i really enjoy, sadly.

Jenge
Jenge

Pleasant, breezy, soft, and somewhat warm. I detect a tiny slice of apple at the beginning and definitely smell the sandalwood after awhile. The floral notes are very mild and I was surprised to see the strong flowers listed. "Clean" is a great descriptive, and I agree this is a Summer fragrance that wouldn't offend anyone. Not a love for me, but a safe, fresh scent for hot days.

Edit: I'm liking this less now. I feel like it could be a trendy young man's cologne. Watery, woodsy florals then all sandalwood. My teenage daughter likes it on me very much and says it's more "grown up" than Fancy! I'm just not reaching for it anymore and it doesn't make me feel feminine.

jessbug
jessbug

I got the 30 ml bottle for $10, which is a lovely price for this.

I would describe I Fancy You as a clean, fresh, inoffensive scent. Basically, it smells like someone poured some D&G Light Blue and Ralph Lauren (the blue one) together, and then added a tiny bit of Versace Crystal Noir's base, except without the coconuts or the very noticeable gardenia. Seriously, I smell something very reminiscent of all these three perfumes in this one.

Still, I like I Fancy You; especially since I don't think I'll ever buy Light Blue or Ralph again (too many people wear those in my country). This is a nice (and cheap) alternative for days when it's warm and I just want to smell clean and fresh.

Also, I think this bottle looks nice and not cheap as, say, Fancy Love.

3.5/5

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

I want to love this perfume, but there is just something too sharp and not soft enough about it... it gives me a headache like no other. Sadly, I will be passing this on.

almondcookie
almondcookie

After reading the reviews about this perfume. I was so confused. I did not know if i wanted the perfume in 30ml, 50ml or 100ml. At one point I did not want to purchase it. So I ended up getting it in 30ml.

Firstly i just want to say that the bottle is a true reflection of the actual fragrance. Upon the first spray I detected a mixture of white flowers, cotton fresh smell, some clean linen and a dash of fruits. The pear, apple and bergamot are well balanced. That is they are not overpowering.

The best way I can describe this fragrance is in form of a 100m race. At the begining of the race the white flowers, cotton fresh and clean linen are ahead of the fruits but not for long as the fruits are catching on. When they get towards the end of the race, somewhere around 70m the fruits catch on. So all the notes are together at this point competing to reach that finishing line. As they approach the finish line that fruit, bergamot wins the race by a split second while the other notes cross the finish line.

Other concerns.

Does it last? It is noticeable for about an hour afterwards it's close to the skin. Only you and a person who comes close to you can smell it. So you're looking at about 3 to 3.5hours.

Does it smell like Glade, febreze, Air Wick , Oust or room fragrance? Opinions vary here. I don't think it smells like any of the above. But i saw a review on youtube by December27joe where this dude sprayed it all over his room and his sheets.lol.

ebonyeyes

My new spring/summer fragrance. Wow this perfume is fresh and clean and really pretty. Sprayed it at 2am for an early morning flight and my Parents complimented me at 5pm and even the next morning My mother could still smell it so maybe if we cant smell our perfumes, others can. Celebrity scents are really stepping up.

lilou
lilou

Fresh, floral and fruity. Pear, apple and musk are very present. Very nice and feminine, and soothing.
Another beautiful Jessica Simpson's fragrance.
Good longevity.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I Fancy You is a soft, juicy & slightly sweet floral.

It starts quite sharp but settles to a lovely fruity floral. Juicy pear, pretty soapy florals & the apple gives it a little bit of sweetness.

You know whenever you hang your freshly washed clothes out on the line in Spring and the breeze makes you catch that lovely, clean smell? That's what I Fancy You smells like. It is close to the skin and lasts around 4 hours.

Overall, a soft, very feminine floral that is suitable for all ages. A lovely fragrance that could be worn relaxing around the house, walking along the beach or whenever the weather is hot.

Jessica Simpson has a wonderful perfume range. Highly recommended!

momma
momma

I think this is very close to Ralph Lauren, Lauren Blue in the square blue bottle - not Light Blue by D&G. The RL lasts longer, however. Bought it without testing (no testers available) based on notes and was surprised at the similarity. Very pretty bottle!

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

This actually isn't bad. It smells really alcohol-strong at first spray, more so than other fragrances, and then it's sharp musky-fruity that settles into a pretty fruity floral. I wasn't expecting much with the reviews it has here, but I like it. If the staying power were better, it might have even been a "love."

Princess
Princess

This is a clean, sharp perfume. Very different from her others & other perfumes. And it does NOT smell like Daisy or light blue.It does not either smell like fresh laundry, soap or bathroom spray. But I do think that they could have done it better and moore interesting, like adding another flower like in the heart. I think then it would be moore beautiful and a little bit more interesting, because its a little too plain, weird smelling, I would call it an in complete white floral.

MonarC
MonarC

Who said it's watery and fresh?! Who said it does smell like Light Blue?! Not true!
It's sweet floral scent with sharp floral- fruity opening. After an hour and a half it's changing into pleasant scent. It reminds me smell of fresh washed clothes.

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

I am a huge fan of Jessica Simpson perfumes. This one is not the top of my JS perfume chart, yet I still like it. I get a hint of the musk smell, yet the dry down seems to leave just a "clean" smell on my skin. I wouldn't describe it as a fruity or floral perfume, I don't pick up on those scents on my skin. Still good, but not my favorite JS scent.

mew.kitty
mew.kitty

I Fancy You is just ok. I'm not crazy about it, and I don't like it enough to purchase a full bottle. If I had to rank the Fancy line from favorite to least favorite my list would look like this: Fancy, Fancy Love, I Fancy You, Fancy Nights

celebrity89
celebrity89

This is a "younger" version of Faith Hill. Very clean and shampoo-like. It has a water note that lightens it up a bit. The bottle doesn't work in blue and silver, as it did with the gold, amber and white of the first Fancy and Fancy Love.

Also resembles Victoria's Secret Bombshell.

cmoca
cmoca

It's green and watery. Smells very nice and fresh, without the (headaches I get from) citrus. Very nice light day perfume. I wear it in the fall too, when I want to escape the heavy maroon-coloured fall perfume wardrobe. Very nice and versatile.

JasmineNikole

I use this as room spray.Not as great as I thought it would be

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

such a sexy man manget of a fragrance, to me this smells almost identical to Acqua di Gioa by Giorgio Armani, I actually think this perfume is a little nicer and more nuanced, and on sites like amazon and ebay you can get a 100ml bottle of this for a song.

MissMordecai87
MissMordecai87

This is one of my favorites, even though it is not my typical scent choice. I never smelled fruit, just pure white flowers, almost like honeysuckle. After trying to concentrate on the fruity smell, I almost got a hint of something similar to fruit stripe gum. :) But I absolutely adore it. I wore it last winter, so it is a winter smell to me. I tried to wear it a few weeks ago and while I still loved it, I still think it's more for winter. But my boyfriend, best friend, and 2 coworkers all said I smelled amazing.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Nice clean scent, great for school or work. I like how Jessica Simpson has all kinds of perfumes in her collection, not just super sweet and fruity scents like most celebrities.

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

Smells good, but all I can think of is shampoo. Not bad at all, but I'm not sure it's why I want to sniff all day. After all, I shampoo everyday as it is.

rye

Saying that a scent smells 'fresh' is beginning to sound meaningless and cliche BUT this fume can really only be described as such! It does not smell like soap, laundry freshner or bathroom spray. The ingredients are above the mundane and there is a sparkling blue water bubbling alongside of a field of flowers feel to it. It is subtle. It is light. It is lovely. It lasts barely an hour.

I re-apply it throughout the days I wear it and, God help me, I will repurchase. Oh, and the Fancy line has very nice packaging, so there's that.

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

I Fancy You is an ALMOST love for me. It starts out as an incredibly cool, clean, almost scratchy floral. The initial burst is a bit stark for me; it's almost like sniffing scented bleach. But thankfully after about half an hour I start to pick up the pear and things start to smooth out and calm down. It kind of smells like clean laundry. It's not terribly creative but it's certainly not unpleasant. The fruit becomes more prominent as time goes on.

After about 2 hours it starts to dry-down- disappointing. I wish it lasted longer. It's pretty but it needs tweaking. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

It is pretty light, inoffensive and pleasant. I get the pear and a little musk, some light florals. Why does everything smell similar lately? It's not my nose-even the notes seem similar. The most distinctive scents I have are Kiss Him and Queen. Just an observation.

nightcat23

I'm a big fan of the Jessica Simpson Fancy line. I love and own Fancy and Fancy Love. This is the lightest and softest one out of the whole collection. All I can smell is some slight apple and pear and then the skin musk at the very end.

It doesn't last long at all and seems to fade within 30mins. However, if you have a really sensitive nose and want something super soft and inoffensive to wear in an office this would be perfect for you. Because it is so soft and light, it's a real close skin scent and wouldn't offend anyone. It's quite innocent and pleasant and would suit young girls who are just getting into perfumes because she'll smell nice and fresh without smelling like a prostitute.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Pear and apple are one odd couple here. This is fruity, aquatic grandma scent. JS really has some strange perfume creations. I can also smell hyacinth and lily of the valley here. It seems as all the notes are off here, must be cheap synthetic goods? No quality whatsoever, maybe dollarstore quality only; smells worse with time.
Final conclusion: I DO NOT fancy this scent.

loonad
loonad

just received my gift set.it is huge and v v lovely.will write a review about this perfume soon.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

I thought I would really like this considering the notes that I saw listed here and the reviews I read, so I bought it blindly to try it out and it just doesn't work for me, I think it might be the hyacinth... :[

Most likely I'm gonna have to pass this on to one of my friend so it doesn't get completely wasted. :/

almarie
almarie

All of Jessica's perfumes are selling on eBay for like $20.00 for a 3.4 bottle.Sure beats department store prices!

juliettakobo
juliettakobo

I agree with another reviewer when she said all she could smell was water. I am not big on water, and this seems to be the strongest scent. That being said, the perfume is still fairly nice, a clean scent for the most part, a little strong when first sprayed. Although I do wear it occasionally, I am still on the hunt for the perfect daytime scent.

ebonyeyes

It does smell fresh and fruity and clean but the scent is barely perceivable and it lasts for all of 30-45minutes :'(

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

شیطنت یک خانم شاد را در کنار انواع رایحه های میوه و انواع دیگر این محصولات را من برای خانم ودختران لوند
پیشنهاد میکنم.

Happy woman with a mischievous fragrance of fruit and other products for women and girls attractive, I'd recommend.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I fancy you is a floral, slightly fruity, inoffensive fragrance. It isn't impressive and there is nothing memorable about it.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

I Fancy You is probably my favorite perfume in the Fancy collection, and probably one of my all-time favorite perfumes. I can honestly see anyone of any age wearing this fragrance because it's very clean, feminine, and demure.

To put it simply, this smells like a combination of fruit, laundry, and shampoo, so you can imagine how clean it smells. Some "clean" fragrances tend to be overpowering, but not I Fancy You. There's a softness to this fragrance that's very pleasant.

The fruit notes make this fragrance juicy and subtlely sweet. The floral notes make it smell clean and fresh. The base notes of musk and sandalwood give that classic "softness" that all of the Fancy perfumes have in common.

I think I Fancy You is ideal for daytime wear, especially for the Spring and Summer. In my opinion, this perfume really makes you smell like you just stepped out of the shower. I can imagine this perfume being really refreshing after a long day. In short, I really love this one!

starlight47
starlight47

I also think that Jessica Simpson has done a great job with her fragrances, my favorite is Fancy Love. I Fancy You is a lovely soft floral. I really like it a lot and I think it is a great spring/summer fragrance.

parishiltonsiren15
parishiltonsiren15

AMAZING. Is all that i can say. One of the BEST perfume, i think that i have ever worn. This is an Extremely Fresh - Clean scent. I cannot stop smelling it. I think that it is very possible to become my signature scent. Deffinitally, the BEST of Jessica's Collection Of Fancy's. 2 Being the Original Fancy. Keep in mind, i LOVE Extremely SWEET SWEET SWEET scent's, Gormand/Bakery, Tropical, & VERY Fruity scents. So, i was quite surprised how much i love this fragrance. Last's all day, and WELL WORTH the money spent. Fantastic Fragrance.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I really want this : )

ccj36
ccj36

I also rec'd I Fancy You as a gift for Mother's Day, so I've only worn it for a few days. The first few minutes after spraying it remind me of an oldie from the early '80s, Babe. However, when it dries down, it is very subtle, fresh, and close to the skin---nice for warm weather. I don't really smell much of the tuberose; the lily of the valley and sandalwood are the longest lasting notes on me. A very nice, quiet scent that is quite different from the original Fancy. (which I also have and love)

Rebeccastan
Rebeccastan

Hubby just got me i fancy you for mothers days, have to say I am not in love with the initial scent, but after the dry down, it is sweet and floral, a very fresh and clean scent for the spring and summer. I love the original fancy, but like to change it up some days! I am def going to wear it during the hot days in North Carolina! I think it is even light enough for my 9-yr old daughter to wear!

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This smells okay. It's nothing special but nice and clean. Great for spring1 To me, this is very similar to EA Sunflowers. I sprayed this on about an hour ago and it's no longer here. I will not be purchasing.

damewolf13
damewolf13

Yummy fragrance! I don't know what they are leaving off of the list, but I agree that there are more notes than are listed here.
I can pick out the top notes of apple, and pear, but there is also something that is just a little tart, maybe some kind of berry. Anyway, I was a fan of this from the very first fruity whiff,and then as the floral notes filled in at the heart of this fragrance, while I was still in the perfume store, I had to buy it! As the fragrance drys down a bit, you get the rich spicy woody base notes of sandlewood and musk, while never losing the fruity floral yumminess.
I am all but addicted to this very different richly fruity floral scent. It works so well with my chemistry. I highly recommend it!

marydoan90
marydoan90

So light and fresh that's perfect for spring. It's clean and girly.
Funny how I Fancy You and Marc Jacob's Daisy Eau So Fresh only have pear and musk notes in common, but on my skin, they smell alike?
I tested IFY on my wrist, then a Macy's worker sprayed DESF on my forearm. Soon after, I smelled my wrist and my forearm and thought it was the same perfume. DESF is just a tad fruitier, but IFY is a great dupe.

rye

On me it's light yet long lasting. More floral than fruity with a soft slightly powdery undertow. It smells light blue! I find it just fantastic for spring and summer. Champagne and silk, white flowers and a soft ocean breeze, pearls and pale nail polish. It's very innocent, this one, but still...like a long ago June bride.

happybeauty101
happybeauty101

Its a very beautiful airy scent. Definitely unique. I have to spray alot to get a stronger stay but I don't mind at all!

JasmineNikole

Soft,clean and beautiful fragrance. Perfect for everyday wear.

rickyfreaky13

Smells very much like baby cologne... i like it but i'm a little disapointed with this one. I love FANCY & FANCY LOVE, i hate FANCY NIGHT, i had a big hope with I FANCY YOU, it's nice.. but too ordinary... not best like the 1st & 2nd one....

bellalicious
bellalicious

would this be appropriate for an 11 year old (almost 12)? it sounds nice but i dont want it to be too heavy.

Cams
Cams

This is a clever little fragrance - it's quite impressive - fresh, clean, softly floral and with the most surprisingly good dry-down. I'll definately enjoy wearing this one.

liban23
liban23

Love everything about this, from the bottle to what's in it. This perfume had a very natural type smell. I love wearing it on day's when I'm not wearing any make up and feeling natural/clean. It's very refreshing and my favorite in her line.

zulukline
zulukline

The drydown on this is amazing and so delicious! I'm not into gourmand fragrances, but this one has a bit of mystery which makes it irresistible to me.

tornerose27
tornerose27

i like this is very good lill sweet mm . smell flowers to ..

Hayven
Hayven

This was a swing and a miss for me. The opening, duration, and drydown smell like Triaminic cough syrup from my childhood. Based on the other perfumes of this series, I expected better.

PerfumedPrincess
PerfumedPrincess

I tried this yesterday at Ulta. When I first sprayed it, I got the impression of a sweet powdered grape drink, like grape Kool-Aid. In the next few seconds I smelled water, then absolutely nothing. I tried spraying it on a test strip, same effect. I even went to the extreme of trying on my skin...still-NOTHING! The bottle did intrigue me, but I can't spend money on nothing. I'll try it again just to make sure I wasn't having an off day.

The thing that impresses me about Jessica's line is that each incarnation of Fancy smells different than the last. It's not just the same fragrance, tweaked a tiny bit and rebottled. Each Fancy has its own personality. This one is fruity, a bit sweet, a bit tart, and a bit floral. It's a cool and crisp fragrance and doesn't smell cheap. I can detect the apple the most, and some florals and wood. This is another winner. I am a fan of this line.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

I am a huge fan of the Fancy line UP TO THIS POINT. This smells like water....salty water, actually the exact thought that came to mind when I wore this and smelled it on myself was "oh yuck, It smells like I am getting a sinus infection", not kidding! I tried again an a different day (because hey, I might've ACTUALLY been getting a sinus infection then) with a different sample and same effect. So sad because it would be fun to like the ENTIRE collection, just for novelty's sake. But this one is terrible. I wouldn't call it a scrubber though, there's no need to scrub it because I couldn't smell it 5 minutes after application, thankfully.

krissycat
krissycat

This fragrance is so nice I can't say enough about it. I sprayed this scent on early this afternoon in the store, and it's now 11:00 at night and I still smell this on me just as strong! It's outrageous and beautiful. I don't know why but I kind of think of CK one wearing this but its way way better.. but to me in that genre of scents. I am a big fan of Jessica Simpson fancy line and this one does not disappoint. I want this one for Christmas this year!

Swingfire912
Swingfire912

I love it, i actually try it two weeks ago at the mall and love it , and i was surprise that the smell still stick on me from two weeks !! That's why i decide to buy it :)
Actually it's deserve the price .

caseyjo2009
caseyjo2009

I wanted to buy a floral perfume. Everything I have is sweet, so I wanted some flower scents. I narrowed my search down to MJ Daisy and this. I Fancy You works better with my skin than Daisy does. They smell very similar to me. Daisy does not smell the way it smells in the bottle on my skin. I Fancy You is a soft floral that smells very romantic. I'm saving this for the spring when I'm ready for the snow to go away! Silage is decent. It lasts a couple hours, but not all day at work.

jodee
jodee

I would say this doesn't smell like MJ Daisy. This one is lighter, cleaner, fresher, more aquatic. On first opening my sample, I smelled a wine smell. Maybe it needed to air out a bit but wine for sure. Then after applying, the wine smell that was there initially, faded, staying in the background or on top I would say. I am going to guess it's the apple note in some respects. But it smelled like wine to me. But as is dried down, the wine scent became more of the red apple note and was more lovely to sniff. This mostly became a fresh, powdery, clean, soft, aquatic type scent. I would say this is closer to Ed Hardy's Love and Luck than Daisy. But a much lighter, softer, feminine & less citrus-y L&L. I have both Daisy and L&L. I would definitely equate it with L&L first. I would say if DKNY Red Delicious and Love and Luck went on a date together, this would be the scent, but lighter. This would be a great spring fragrance to wear.

Kiku
Kiku

This is not your usual celebrity scent: a smack-you-unconscious opening of overripe fruit followed by a cloying amount of vanilla. "I Fancy You" has a luscious apple/pear opening which quickly turns into a watery, very faint lily of the valley. The drydown smells a little of cinnamon. Tuberose is listed but I don't smell any. "I Fancy You" is light, fresh, clean, and aquatic. It could be a "go to" perfume for sweltering weather or a day at the beach. A nice one for bedtime too. It's not a sillage monster, it stays very close to the skin, but it has good longevity.

tyekristopher

This will be the last of the ''fancy'' line, Fancy you is not ment to be a ''bold'' daring fragrance. It is ment to be light, innocent,playful,clean and pretty and personal. I think jess has a fragrance for everyone, ''fancy was your sweet yummy youthful scent, ''fancy love'' was more romantic and sensous, ''fancy nights'' was more bold daring,mature, classical opproach to it. So I think she has a good following with her line. She is doing the best out of the celeb fragrance line in my opinion.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I Fancy You has a soapy, floral fragrance, kind of reminding me of dish soap.

For a moment it changes just enough to smell almost like Acqua di Gioia. A little sugar and little lemon in my water, please?

In three words: clean, aquatic, floral.

I Fancy You is just as much of a departure, as was Fancy Nights, from the gourmand, fruity florals, of Fancy & Fancy Love.

If you are looking for that same feeling again, I feel you might be disappointed. You won't find it here...
But, if it makes you feel any better, it's a gorgeouse bottle and would sit beautifully on any dresser.

UPDATE: After an hour and a half, it redeemed itself in my eyes. Soft Sandlewood and florals at the very end of the drydown.Even so, that's way too long to wait for something interesting to happen.

Poisonivyprince
Poisonivyprince

Tryed This At Macys Today And Ive Gotta Say It Smelled Like Someone Just Sprayed Some Water On the Test Strip. Very very Light Hardly There Scent. But Ill Probably Just Buy It For My Collection.

vector
vector

Fancy You smells very similarly to Marc Jacobs Daisy. However, it is so so so much better. To me, Daisy starts off so fresh and bright and dries down quickly into a plastic-y artificial overwhelming smell that kinda makes me a little sick at times. However, Fancy you, while similar smelling initially, never smells artificial like that. It doesn't ever get to the point that it makes you sick. As it dries down, it gets a little sweeter and simpler, but is never overwhelming, then the soft musk joins in and makes it so beautiful. I love it. It is similar to Daisy, but is everything I wanted Daisy to be but wasn't. Love!! Great for everywhere, anytime. Has a fresh light scent

Tiktak
Tiktak

I just bought this at Macy's. It has a clean, watery smell with a slightly sweet pear dry down. I am usually not a fan of Lily of the Valley but it is well done here without any of the sharpness you sometimes get. I like this and will enjoy using it but I probably will not purchase again because it is somewhat reminiscent of the original Eternity Summer and Gwen Stefani's L Lamb (both of which I own). But the bottle is very lovely and I do get many, many compliments when I wear it and those make the purchase well worth it to me.

Whit
Whit

I smelled this today at the local mall. I really, really wanted to like this as I have all of her other frags, but this was not my cup of tea though. :( It smelled very watery to me, like almost nothing at all. It seemed like the top and middle notes clashed with each other too. I even kept the card tucked away for a while and re-sniffed, but I still couldn't bring myself to like it. I'm sorry Jess! On the flip side, I do love her advertising campaign for this scent. Very natural and pretty! I guess that's what she wanted to evoke with the scent, but it's a little too natural for me. BTW, I have noticed some comparisons with D&G's Light Blue, and they smell nothing alike. I own Light Blue and it is citrus and jasmine. This smells nothing like it, so don't worry if you already own Light Blue. :)

janudy
janudy

I really liked her first three Fancy scents b/c they were rich and gourmand, but this leaves me feeling like I met Fancy's anorexic cousin. It's light, pretty, and ephemeral--such a 180 from the other Fancys. I found it unoffensive and good for the summer-there's no overapplying with this one! The apple is refreshing and crisp and the musk is clean and sheer. Very office appropriate and..simple. That's what it should be called--Simply instead of Fancy It's one of those-I'd wear it if someone bought it for me, but I wouldn't buy it for myself-perfumes. The bottle is beautiful though--that might tip the scales or me since I'm a sucker for a pretty bottle.

Aly Steinberg
Aly Steinberg

I smelled it tonight at Macy's and OMG, i fell in love with it. It's such a light scent but so fantastic. Jessica has made some of the best perfumes ever!! Keep on doing this Jessica!!!

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is just fantastic! I tried this today at Macy's along with a bunch of higher priced designer perfumes. This perfume outlasted and smelled better than several of the $100 a bottle high end perfumes. Clean, fresh not too sweet but just right scent. I am going back later to buy a bottle of this and use it as my new Summer scent. I sprayed this on at 10am and so far it has lasted 3+ hours and still going strong on me. In fact it lasted well into the evening and by 8pm I could still smell it on my arms! Jessica never lets me down with her perfumes. They are all fantastic!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I just smelled this tonight at Macy's. When I sprayed this on a card it reminded me of SOMETHING, not daisy and not Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, that I had smelled before. Ed Hardy's Love and Luck/Nelly's Apple Bottoms! Yup, that's it! Almost the same scent. A fresh, kinda light almost citrus scent. It kinda tips the citrus scale but it's kinda juicy smelling. I can't smell a trace of the Tuberose

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I was just in Macy's trying to find a fragrance for my mom's birthday, and I casually sprayed this on a card. This immediately reminded me of Marc Jacobs Daisy upon first whiff, but it it may dry down differently, I don't know. Well worth a try after I run out of my Daisy.

twillocks
twillocks

Thank goodness it doesn't smell like Light Blue I am burnt out on that smell!. Can't wait to try this. Sounds like something I would really like.

Casi
Casi

This is a easy-going, friendly, easy to wear fruity floral. I Fancy You is quite sheer and very "safe." It has a watery, fruity freshness that will wear well for hot summer days. Tuberose is a note that I dislike, as tuberose strongly dislikes me! However, if there is tuberose in this, it is so subtle that I cannot smell it at all. What I detect is something like smells like tart apple, very soft fressia and a dry down that is generically floral. This is not a showstopper. This is not something that will blow anyone's mind. If I had to compare it to anything, I would say that it smells a bit like a diluted, less complicated Chance Eau Tendre...and I realize that Chance Eau Tendre is already uncomplicated. As for availability, I wasn't even aware that Jessica had a new one until I was in Macy's yesterday. I am in a fairly average to small town in Texas and they had this fully stocked. Normally, I take more time with my reviews, but I am just sort of indifferent about this one. I will use my sample, but this would not be something that I would purchase. Worth mentioning: Most perfumes have last quite well on my skin. I Fancy You starts soft and quickly fades into a whisper...that whisper lingers for a couple of hours.

p.s. I Fancy You does not smell anything like D&G's Light Blue. I just want to make that clear.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

ifancy you is verrrrrrrrrrrrry SOFT and airy it doesnt smell anything like light blue. its floraly w a teeny tiny bit of apple

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

Just a fyi I went to Macy's by me today and it's not there. The rep said it was shipped and should be in within a week. Also, she said it smells VERY similar to D&G Light Blue!!:)

Update: finally had a chance to try this one out today at Macy's and I really love it. I added to my want list for sure. It has such a clean soft floral way about it. But yet the one little spray on my arm lasted a long time! I will have to smell D&G Light Blue sometime to see if I think they are similar, but I am guessing not since other people are already claiming it doesn't. Anyways I will wait until I can get it somewhere much cheaper. I think $59 is really expensive for Celeb perfumes. So I will wait until Perfumania has it for $30.

I found a large bottle of this at TJMaxx for $10. I wore a couple times, but did not find that "wow" factor. I ended up giving it to my 9 year old daughter to add to her collection.

tyekristopher

cant wait ! it sounds like it smells wonderful! I will most likely end up getting it, I will wait for the gift set tho!

rickyfreaky13

OMG!!! I really fancy I FANCY YOU... i already have all the Fancy flankers... n i want this one so baaaaaad!!!!!!

I Fancy You by Jessica Simpson 3.60 out of 5 based on 429 ratings and 141 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.25oz
Jessica Simpson 'I Fancy You' Eau de Parfum
Jessica Simpson 'I Fancy You' Eau de Parfum
Jessica Simpson 'I Fancy You' Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz
Jessica Simpson 'I Fancy You' Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jessica Simpson I Fancy You fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jessica Simpson I Fancy You, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify I Fancy You by Jessica Simpson. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of I Fancy You by Jessica Simpson represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.