Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Ambar Jesus Del Pozo for women

Ambar Jesus Del Pozo for women
dislike

Ambar by Jesus Del Pozo is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Ambar was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Marie Salamagne. Top notes are cardamom, bergamot and tangerine; middle notes are iris, tea and peony; base notes are virginia cedar, sage and amber.

Cardamom Bergamot Tangerine

iris Tea Peony

Virginia Cedar Sage Amber

Les Saisons Hiver
FleurTeese

Ambar Fragrance Reviews

Michmann
Michmann

Until drydown - twin of Van Cleef & Arpels Les Saisons Hiver. Same tart and spicy lime accord. In fact, it's quite masculine, I don't feel much of amber, cardamom or tangerine - just lime, cedar and sage combo, reminds some sharp aftershave colognes.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

A rich citrus-amber-tea concoction that is not too loud, too sweet, or too strong, even with 5-6 sprays before I left the house this morning. Sometimes amber can be cloying, but this one is balanced nicely with the tea, citruses, and sage. I could see this one being unisex quite easily. The bottle is gorgeous, like a scultped chunk of amber on your vanity. My only beef with this scent is that the longevity is not great---barely 4 hours in and it's only a skinscent. Perfect for this sunny cool autumn day. Would repurchase even despite the longevity, as it was inexpensive and is really a lovely scent.

dyen
dyen

Gorgeous bottle! Spicy, herbal and fresh perfume with a medium silage. Not like anything else in my collection so gets a thumbs up from me. Just wish it lasted longer as it needs frequent application. Good thing I got a cheap deal.

kre
kre

This is a very soothing fragrance. I boughht it blind and like it a lot! It is a bit soapy on my skin, fresh, very clean and elegant. Not offensive at all. Unfortunately needs to be re-applied often. But love it!
Edit: i could still smell it on my scarf after a couple of days and it reminded me of Jasmin Noir. The amber, fantastic...

it's spicy, dry, with just a hint of sweetness. it has medium silage and a tad below average lasting power. it does need to be retouched throughout the day. i don't find it extremely masculine tho a man could wear it i suppose. it's great for cold weather and it's a solid like for me.

gesch
gesch

Ambar is enjoyable - a modern and fresh twist on an amber fragrance. A well done interpretation!

I suppose why many here state this fragrance to be masculine is based in the absence of flowers and sweetness.
I for one am no flower girl. I just don't enjoy them overmuch. So this is dead on for me.

The amber is light, combined with cardomom and sage. It is a summer fragrance, light, but with enough sillage and longvity to let it become a light amber with cedar and iris. Still no bomb, but delightfully playful. I'd say it is for the young of heart and looking for a low priced summer fragrance.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

I agree with Nikkafragrance, this is a fairly masculine scent.

Initially I get a blast of mandarin and cardamom, very soapy and sharp. After a few minutes the cedar, tea notes and bergamot begin to show up. Eventually the iris and amber make an appearance, and the peony only comes out on my skin type after about 6 hours. I'm quite fond of the final effect, a soft, warm, soapy, slightly sweet scent. However, I do wish that there were more peony in Ambar. It's a good intensity for the office, but just too masculine on me without adjustment.

I find that pairing this with a vanilla infused moisturizer brings out the best in the scent, toning down the soapiness, and bringing out the spiciness of the florals. A good staple for office wear.

I think this would be a terrific scent for a man, and it reminds me quite a lot of CK One, which is unisex. If you are not comfortable with very soapy perfumes, don't blind buy this- but if you do like very herby green scents, this may be right for you.

EDIT: In warmer and more humid weather, Ambar loses that masculine oakmossy edge on my skin, and instead develops something I can only describe as a deep purple plush tone...a really fascinating contrast to the bright clear amber intro. Very sultry, almost plummy, but not sweet. Just deep, dark, and very intriguing. Kinda like the shadow that emphasizes the light...

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

To begin with, Ambar is not a fragrance for everyone. This is my first Jesus del Pozo perfume and I really like it, but I can't say I am crazy about it. On my skin it's quite masculine, which I actually enjoy. I wouldn't mind if the peony and iris were more prominent. The strongest notes I smell are cardamon, cedar, amber and tea. A daytime, inoffensive fragance with nice longevity. The sillage is not as intensive as I hoped, but it's OK. I think wearing this in spring would be a nice experience. Another lucky blind buy thanks to Fragrantica!
UPDATE: The more I wear it, the more Ambar grows on me. I really enjoy the drydown - it's so fresh and clean on my skin as well as on fabric. And last but not least the bottle is soo classy and elegant - I am gonna keep it for my collection.
P.S: Longevity: 3 out of 6
Sillage: 4 out of 6
Juice: 5 out of six
Packaging: 6 out of 6
Tip: Reapply more often.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I wanted to smell this after buying it blind, but was already wearing scent. I sprayed it on a tissue and was greeted by the most pleasant and unexpected surprise: the sharp, soapy, floral scent of my grandmother's powder room in the 80s, when I was a little girl. I am certain that Ambar will develop differently on my skin than on tissue, but for this little bit of memory alone the purchase was worth it. I can't wait to spray this on a tissue for my mother and see her delight as she recognizes it, too.

More later, when I've worn it...

UPDATE: On my skin, Ambar is a very light, powdery fragrance. Amber is present, but subtly blended into a lovely mix of orange, flowers, and mild, herbal woods. It's airy, feminine, delicate, and quite lovely.

swanlips
swanlips

What a stunning perfume...
I brought this blind (after swearing I would never blind buy again after a couple of bad purchases) but glad I ignored the inner me.
Some reviews say this is a fresh scent not on me, I found it to be a warm scent very unique and very classy, this reminded me a little of the Armani Elle (grey version) which I wore several years ago.
So beautiful on me that I will wear this for special occasions, evenings out etc as too beautiful as an 'every day' perfume.
Sprayed on my wrist in the morning could still smell 4-6 hours later
So taken with this little beauty that have already ordered another large bottle, think I may have just found my new signature scent :)

majid9001
majid9001

Very nice unique and fresh scent for ladies. I bought it for my wife and we both love it. I really seek for a male version of this lovely perfume. Please tell if you found any.
BTW i found some similarity to AH edition blanche.

polly golightly
polly golightly

ottimo ed economico. si apre con note agrumate per assestarsi su ambra e cardamomo. i sentori di fondo sono arricchiti di legno di cedro e iris.

miaou
miaou

This could easily fit in Annick Goutal range - Ambar definitely shares some goutal signature notes with Mandragore, Nuit Etoilee and Eau d'Hadrien. I'm so surprised, because i bought it blindly! This means that now i'm able to pick fragrances only by pyramid. *Proud of myself* The only mistake i made is that i've taken 1oz bottle (30 ml) instead of 3,3 oz (100ml).

Lakambini
Lakambini

Starts off with blurry, non-astringent citrus that persists for several hours. Beneath that, I can isolate what must be the amber accord (a synthesized, fictional accord, as true amber from prehistoric resin has no smell). It is exotic, slightly woody and resinous, non-vanilla, and there is a similar facet to Sarah Jessica Parker’s “Twilight”, although Twilight and Ambar have a radically different effect. If I spray Ambar (I love that name!) on before bedtime, by morning it has become a pleasant and rather unisex skin-scent, the citrus and amber melded into one.

I still have to road-test it in tropical heat, but in winter in northern Europe, the scent so far has been dry (non-sweet), non-floral, unobtrusive, the perfect backdrop for, say, writing a thesis. The scent goes fast, since I need two or three sprays to really feel its presence. The bottle, full or otherwise, is a true gem, and suggests something far more medieval or mystical than the scent itself.

ILIM
ILIM

very classy, clean, calming but if only it had a bit more longevity and sillage...

On my skin Ambar is a soft whisper of Amber. Nothing special about it. Nice but I can live without it. Soft and tender Amber all around. I can't detect any spices what so ever...

På min hud blir Ambar en mjuk viskning av Amber. Inget speciellt med denna. Trevlig men jag kan leva utan den. Mjuk och behaglig Amber runt mig. Känner ingen kryddighet alls i denna.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Just bought this blind in my quest for a spicy winter perfume and I was not disappointed at all.

Lovely bottle and packaging and a very reasonable price, less than 8GBP for 30ml.

At first spray it smells a bit like Cointreau, then the gentle spices kick in. My first thought was "Wow, you can tell this is Spanish" but to be honest, I don't know what "Spanish" should smell like. Maybe it was the tart orange opening scent. You can smell Cardoman, oranges, a whisper of vanilla (just enough to warm it up) and a warm finish. There is amber, spices and oranges.

It smells very clean and fresh and wouldn't smell out of place on a man either. It was just what I was hoping for and since I bought it online and don't live near masses of perfume shops, I am pretty sure I will smell unique too.

Excellent all round!

getora
getora

One word: PLAYFUL. Love it!

ananya20
ananya20

I'm wearing it now, and it's really a mild spicy floral. Really inoffensive, can't see anyone scrunching ching their nose at this one.

It's also pretty similar to Felicity by Oriflame. However, Felicity is sweeter and more vanilla based, and as such better suited to winter, at least for the winter we experience in India.

Amber lover's at the beginner level (like me :)) can surely give this one a try!

Update -
This is just Gorgeous in hot weather! Clean, fresh, calming and somewhat sexy too! With lasting power to boot!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

This is a hot weather perfume, I will say I don't get a lot of amber in this so this isn't really for a hard core amber lover.

On me, the citrus is way up front without being overblown. While its not artificial, they do smell a bit soapy. The cardamom is there and up front but it again doesn't take over the entire fragrance. I think what I'm enjoying about this is it is, as said before, very spanish.

The peony does stick its head in there but its quite minimal and stays to the background. It adds a bit of sweetness to the juice without it going into big white floral territory (in fact it goes nowhere near that!) unlike my other citrusy summer scent, this dosen't smell like a orange creamscicle.

Sillage wise its decent. Its not all over the place but I still at the end of the day get wiffs of it here and there without having to reapply. Also it does stick around for quite a while, which for an EDT, is a surprise. Being its rather gross out I thought it would be gone by now, but nope, 6 hours later I still smell it, and the citrus still hasn't totally burned off!

In all, this is a great hot weather scent. I really can't see it being worn during say fall or winter, unless you just need something to drive off the blahs (but admittedly there are better perfumes for that!!)

FYI, I can see a man wearing this without any problems at all. This is much more unisex than female.

chuaalba

for me too much citrus!!!!

Anissa
Anissa

This is citrusy and shower fresh in the beginning. You get a feeling on squeaky clean skin. Soon it warms up and turns to ambery soft goodness. IMO one of the rare ambers that can be used in summer heat too. Great everyday scent and perfect for office and casual wear.

Abby1970
Abby1970

This fragrance has been described as citrusy and when I first sniffed the bottle I could really smell the citrus notes but once I sprayed it on me, the cardamom really tames the opening citrus notes and seconds into spraying this on my skin it takes on a very spicy exotic sweetness. Although there is no vanilla in the notes listed, I can definitely smell the faint scent of vanilla that seems to pull and blend the different notes into a creamy yummy concoction. Despite its name, amber is not a dominant note in this composition, at least not on my skin. There is just enough of it to warm it up but this is really a spicy, sweet and very exotic scent. As the fragrance starts to dry down the floral notes start to develop, giving it yet another layer and making it even more beautiful. This fragrance is multifaceted, very unique and very sweet but not in a “bubblegum” way, more like an exotic desert or pudding served during Diwali. Like an Indian bride, in a colourful flowing sari and dripping in sparkling gold, this fragrance is stunning. Very respectable silage and lasts a good 6-7 hours on my skin.

EDIT: I don't know what happened but the longevity of this fragrance has dwindled on me. When I initially sprayed this the first time (from a tester) it lasted for hours and now that I have purchased a full bottle, I spray it on and it's gone in a couple of hours. I need to keep rapplying. At first I thought it was a fluke but after wearing this fragrance for several days I have decided that the concentration in the tester is NOT that which is in retail sale bottle. I'm gutted! Will not repurchase this again.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Such a soft and feminine scent...sweet amber, spices, with a hint of citrus. Delicious stuff! It reminds me of Amber Romance from Victoria Secret. Although this one is way better, since is richer & it lasts longer. It's perfect for everyday ware; it's a calming and soothing scent.

Papi
Papi

Amber, amber and amber - fresh and sliughtly sweet.. quite cheap too!

chuaalba

Nice and good spanish perfum!!!

carlita
carlita

Very good for everyday use..Fresh with soft spicy/oriental notes...Pleasant...for casual use but the scent does linger on your skin.If you like lighter scents try this...!

La Moon
La Moon

Had the pleasure of smelling it today.. It's pretty nice. It's very citrusy and ambery I suppose. It reminds me of the Alien Eau Luminescente mixed with a teeny bit of Duende .. It lasts a while..so far it's been 5 hrs I still smell it..
it is a nice everyday scent...I plan on buying it along with an awesome sexy kiss set i saw..ahhh

Nuusutaja
Nuusutaja

This is a very nice one for everyday use. Fresh and oriental at the same time. There is not much of sweetness - good for office. It's also easy to bear - I can spray this three or four times a day and it still feels good and comfortable.

Amethyste
Amethyste

At first it's too spicy, too much cardamom, in a bad way. After a very few minutes it becomes a lot better, very fruity and loud, softer than before but not completely nice to my nose at all. The drydown is the best part of all by far. Finally we can smell the amber and enjoy a warm sweet kind of oriental scent.

Nura
Nura

A wonderful fragrance, my mom simply fell in love with it. It's fresh and spicy at the same time, also warm and a bit bitter.

nezzabel
nezzabel

Ambar is now on the stores and yesterday I was able to try it. And it's a gorgeous scent!

It opens very citrusy, very fresh bergamot and tangerine I guess, but not a synthetic citrus. No. A natural citrusy sparkling feeling that made me wanna purchase it right away!
Then, it slowly calms and settled down to a blooming bouquet of peonies with an ambery feeling, but still it has that citrusy note that doesn't entirely fade away and remains for a long time.
At this time, I was adoring the scent because is fresh but ambery and soothing. Very well blended, very well balanced... a perfect Fall scent!

Then, in the base, I can still feel that ambery feeling, the citrus are gonne and I was left with a blend of iris and woods that instantly remind me of Prada Infusion d'Iris.

Though, Ambar is a great scent.
It's modern, uplifting, with character, it does have an ambery aspect to it (although not as much as some might expect because of it's name).
It's young and vibrant and I recommend it!=)
The sillage is OK and the lasting power is good for an EDT.
Another remark: as all Jésus del Pozo fragrances, Ambar is very affordable (a bottle of 100ml can be purchased for 36.50€).

So try it! You won't regret it!=)

Afonso Oliveira
Afonso Oliveira

This a new fragrance from JDP.The bottle is beatiful and everithyng is linked to Ambar as color shape and smell.Congratulations for JDP:

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jesus Del Pozo Ambar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jesus Del Pozo Ambar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambar by Jesus Del Pozo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambar by Jesus Del Pozo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.