Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Halloween Jesus Del Pozo for women
dislike

I have it: 566 I had it: 529 I want it: 217 My signature: 18

Halloween Jesus Del Pozo for women Pictures

Halloween is the perfume presented in 1997. It was created by Max Gavarry and dedicated to a mysterious woman, a vamp. Soft and powdery violet, green lime and green banana notes open this romantic composition. The heart ticks in the rhythm of Casablanca magnolia, violet notes, seductive tuberose spiced with pepper notes. The base is milky – warm with sandalwood, aromatic incense, myrrh and Madagascar vanilla. The bottle was designed by Max Gavarry. It is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Petitgrain Violet Banana Leaf Sea Notes

Eclat Weekend

Halloween Fragrance Reviews

MAGF1993
MAGF1993

A nice girly scent, a little bit sweet but not too much, a little bit fresh, but also a little bit powdery and warm, perfect for every occasion, not to strong, not to soft. It's a nice one for me.
I can't really figure out what it smells like because I know nothing about flowers, but it smells nice and not super duper soapy.

Hedonista
Hedonista

This is the biggest disappointment in fragrance I've had. There is nothing Halloween about it. On me it is a cold, sad smell. I get the banana leaf and the petite-grain, but nothing else. A sweet water scent. I wanted warm, smokey and mysterious if not down right seductive. I've tried this on for the last time. I just can't make it work for me.
On the plus side it does last quite a long time. Sigh...

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a really interesting floral fragrance. I avoided it for a while because of the disconnect between the name, color and style of scent (I like things to coordinate!); and because it seemed like it could be a heavy floral. It is certainly a floral, but not heavy. It is quite spring-like, without invoking the usual floral gods of spring (hyacinth and LOTV).

Initially, I smell a faint, toasty smell that I think must be the petitgrain. This fades into a crisp but lightly woody freshness that I think is the violet or violet leaf. While I normally do not care for “aquatic” notes, there is a wateriness here that is more dewy than oceanic. I’ve never smelled banana leaf, but I do get a leafy greenness—had I not read the notes, I might have assumed violet leaf. The light woodiness must be the violet; it does not, however, get powdery nor is it candied.

I do have skin chemistry that doesn’t always work with florals, and there is something here that wants to get screechy and shrill. I think there is enough sandalwood to keep it in check, but there is still a lingering bitterness that keeps me from truly enjoying this scent; it is the smell of crushed leaves, with the faintest indolic notes from the magnolia and a dash of pepper.

All of this together smells like a walk in the woods, along a rushing stream: crushed green leaves, peppery, woodiness, light dewy aquatic notes and faint florals. I think I might describe this as a “bracing, watery spring floral.” Sillage is modest, longevity >3 hours.

Julia1506
Julia1506

The only problem I have with this fragrance that the name doesn't match the scent. The scent is very clean and light, simple, but still elegant. Violet note is dominant, but not overpowering. There is nothing "dark" in this scent, it smells like a morning in the garden after summer rain. I think it is a beautiful floral-aquatic fragrance, very good balanced.

sadfuq
sadfuq

When a scent has an aquatic vibe to it, I usually think of the colour blue but the only way to describe this is a 'purple aquatic'.
I expected Halloween to be more dark and mysterious but this is a lovely, light, everyday fragrance. Lots of violet(hence the purple aquatic vibe) and I can detect the incense as well.

elaheahsan
elaheahsan

It's all right but headache including.Not for me.

peferrarine

I did a review of this one a while ago, when we were on summer. Now it's cold (fall/winter in Brazil) and i guess it's only aproppriate to write another one.

This fragrance is great for colder days. I know a lot of people said that this one suits warmer days just fine, but i don't think it. When is too hot, this one cloys me, but right now this one kinda embraces me, like a nice velvety coat.
Is not warm, but is flowery and powdery, kinda 'white and cold'. I get a little aquatic hint as well.

emo_onigiri
emo_onigiri

I knew someone who wore this as her signature and I immediately fell in love with it. After learning its name, I searched for it at department stores and paid full price for a 3.4oz bottle under the assumption that it was going to smell just as heavenly on me. Much to my dismay, the juice was very cloying and harsh on my skin. It smelled purely of violets if they had been sitting in a bottle of wine left open for a very long time...a sort of sour/floral to the extreme if that makes sense. The bottle sat in my dresser for several years worn occasionally mostly out of the sheer guilt I felt for paying so much money for it. Eventually I gave it to my mother who enjoyed it. The experience however, is one that taught me that just because something smells good on someone else, doesn't mean it will smell good on me :(

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

The name fits this horror of a perfume!
I love violet perfumes and I love incense but this perfume is a total synthetic mess. There is a sharpness to it that stings my nose...a lot like soap suds.
Test this first or save your money for a GOOD perfume!

I'm not going to lie - this is bad. It's overwhelmingly floral, kind of cloying perfume. Many notes are interesting like banana leaf and petitgrain. But the perfume is too floral, it's not smooth and nice-smelling.
I can't really smell anything unusual in it, I think it's just floral perfume.
I wouldn't wear it.

NELY2014

AMO ESTE PERFUME ES DULCE PERO A LA VEZ FRESCO NO ES UN OLOR FUERTE O DE ESOS PERFUMES MUY PERO MUY DULCES Q EMPALAGAN HUELE RIQUISIMO

shayeri
shayeri

i know its sounds weird but on my skin it smells like colgate toothpaste i really want to love this one but i cant how unfortunate :(

RGR
RGR

It took a while for me to notice Halloween. First of all the name itself made me immediately think of noisy children, sticky candy and toilet paper covered trees.I said to myself I do not want to smell like that.
Then I saw it being popular a few years ago with my floral loving friends and decided to watch from a distance. I ignored it because I felt I could never carry off something so floral. I usually go for very deep oriental or gourmands and leave the heavy flowers to the other women I know. Now its not popular among my friends and Ive never seen it mentioned anywhere.
So one day I was feeling a little adventurous and I decided to spray this on my wrist Somehow Halloween struck a cord in me. It is different.

The opening banana leaf and petitgrain are rare notes. It gives a crisp leaves and almost citrus character. Very fruity and mouthwatering.
The violet notes are exquisite. They are soft, tart, feminine. The violets surprised me because I was almost waiting for the notes to turn like the usual icy, distant violets done in modern perfumery. But this is a playful and youthful violet like the violet water I used to wear as a child. The magnolia and the lilies are balanced enough. I love the fact that they do not overpower.
The watery notes are a pleasant, strong and constant background in the whole composition. This stage evokes soap, open air and misty waterfalls.It settles down to fantastic blooms and somehow fruity water. The powdery stage is the very last one. This baby has MONSTER silage!

Halloween in my opinion is an underrated, non-apologetic, feminine presence. It is understated sexy, clean, VERY feminine and fresh. It is the equivalent of showering with girly soap, spritzing some floral water and wearing a breezy outfit. Perfect for day time or night time affairs. It will gather compliments easily. =)

peferrarine

I like it a lot, but i can't use right now, cause we're on summer here (Brazil), and i don't agree with some comments saying that this is a nice replacement for the usual citrus fragrances.
It's very floral and powdery, the violet is the most prominent note on my skin and it gives kind of a mysterious feeling. It's a sexy fragrance in a soft mystery kind of way.
But on warm days/nights it's TOO POWDERY. I don't get the sea notes or the incense in this one. It's like a dream of a big garden in a cold morning, only with violets and white flowers, everything sprinkled with cotton powder. Soft and mysterious, like if you put a lavender filter over a photo camera.

I really like it, but only for soft cold breezy days and nights.

Monkeesfan1
Monkeesfan1

This perfume is very strange. I like it but I don't love it. At times it smells like Aqua net hairspray but other times it has a pleasant floral scent. It is strong yet faint at the same time. I cannot detect the notes in it. It is a shape shifter, this is a must have in any perfume collection. Very beguiling.

Saneko
Saneko

Hate these perfume smell so cheap you can get better for the price.... really makes me want to puke. I bought it because a classmate use it soon after I bought it I realize that she use it with other perfume and the mix was the smell that I like.

EvaMG
EvaMG

Run of the mill aquatic? Well, let me put some words in for this. It's not very long-lasting, granted, but it makes a nice alternative to summer light citric fragrances. I may not have sampled much, but I find it an original violet, slightly salty in the opening, and that banana leaf blend that seems a house trait. Not incensy or spicy at all, but deliciously salty and well combined with the aquatic feel of magnolia. A different turn from creamy, classic powdery violets. Youthful, uplifting, name misleading (should be "Summer violet" or something like that, not Halloween). I clearly understand its popularity. It's a medium quality summer scent that deceives noone, and pleases many.

menka
menka

What a strange, floral, sour smell. For me, it is sharp and repulsive.
I guess the only perfume that I had to wash off the wrist. Disgusting!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Nice fresh violet with a bit of a tropical feel with the banana leaf. A bit spicy too with the pepper. Not the usual powdery violet but fresh and clean. Light and good for summer.

redheadedplums
redheadedplums

I love this perfume. I loved it so much I went on to buy two others in the halloween line. Very icy feeling scent. Clean but not sharp.

musenkata
musenkata

This is very intensive and long lasting fragrance!
It is lovely, nice, fresh, violet scent with woody notes in it. Love it. Wonerful, good price, good choice!It is not oridinary! I could not believe that the most of people don't like it! This is strange?!

Mirabele
Mirabele

Please do not be misled by the name. The fragrance is the opposite. You may expect a dark two faced night creature, while it really is an innocent light delicate beauty.

I loved this fragrance decades ago, when I was very young woman. I kept thinking about the scent and since the price is really nice, I repurchased a mini bottle lately. Being a mini, the bottle is really super delicate and fragile, and the purple is of a shade of gentle and just everything is so girly here. The same can be said about the scent as well. It is very floral and quite sweet, but not cloying. It is most violets and lily of the valley for me. It reminds me of summer. It also reminds me so much things I thought about when I was young, It reminds me my dreams and my expectations. I kind of still like the scent now too, but I cannot wear it anymore, it just feels so wrong. The scent is a bit too floral and too sweet for my taste, but that wouldn’t be such a big problem. While being a light scent, it wears me down emotionally. I just have too much memories associated with this scent, some of them are good, some bad, but a big part of it I just do not want to think about. It is like looking back and saying hello to young and naive version of me. It is so too girly for me now. Being in my late thirties I am just so too mature for it.

But it is definitely a beautiful scent, if you like floral scents, if you don’t mind sweet scents, if you like violet and lily of the valley, a bit of vanilla and if you enjoy sandalwood. It smells not like the name, but more like the color of the perfume. Light purple. Soft and delicate. Very girly and fragile. It has a certain sweet mystery about it. It has a fragile dreaminess and it may be a happy scent of hope to someone. It comes as edt but it has a good longevity for at least 4 hours on my skin, and for that price I am surprised why it is not more popular.

shasta
shasta

Run of the mill aquatic floral. Very basic scent. Very disappointed. There is nothing interesting in this.

supernal light
supernal light

Not at all keen on this. I bought a bottle a few years ago specifically for a Halloween party but found it a bit nauseating so put it away in a cupboard afterwards. Today, I got it out again for Halloween time to give it another go only to find that it has actually changed colour in the bottle!! It was originally a light purple colour and now it's a light brown !! the scent hasn't changed though - exactly the same - not very nice but sort of halloweeny I suppose. Might just wear it one more time tomorrow night(Halloween) to scare and offend people and then sling it in the bin afterwards.

lucimar123
lucimar123

Halloween huele muy bien,es delicado y mucho feminino,lo que no me gusta es que dura muy poco en mi piel.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Am I the only one thinking that Balenciaga ripped of the bottle design for the newer frags from this line? I think they look really alike.

Now on to the scent - I had this when I was younger and loved it. Really soft and pretty floral. Might get another bottle of this one!

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

I'll admit, I tried this because of the name and I must say, it was a huge disappointment. I guess part of the issue is how I imagined it would smell. For me, Halloween is sensual, dark, smoky even. This was a very green scent, and too light for me. A nice enough scent, but I prefer dark florals, spices, ect.

Halloween is very different to how I imagined it would smell. I originally thought that Halloween would appeal to me, however this was not the case.

Either this fragrance doesn't work with my chemistry, or the composition itself is full of synthetic ingredients. Halloween smells positively foul on my skin, like burning plastic. A nauseating experience to say the least.

I usually enjoy the scent of violet and banana leaf in fragrances, but in this particular composition these notes seem oddly placed. Additional notes including, pepper, magnolia, petit grain, incense and salty sea water only confuse my nose even more.

I can't say that I wasn't pre-warned. Halloween is one of those fragrances that you'll either love or hate. Unfortunately there is not in-between. In that regard, please test this fragrance before making a hasty purchase.

Halloween is excellent in the sillage and longevity department. I could still smell it lingering on my skin after a thorough scrub in the shower. All I can say is please approach this fragrance with some level of caution.

nordicnymphwitch
nordicnymphwitch

Amazing fragrance, a very soft scent.
It's not over powering and "old woman" smelling, it's a very lovely scent.
It also has a wonderful price, I smelled it in a perfume stand in the mall and it was absolutely amazing.
It makes me sleepy haha.
To me it's a Winter and Nighttime scent, it's the kind of scent that would just be awesome on a really cold day and in any season really.
I absolutely love it, and it doesn't smell like baby powder, it smells like soft violet with a slightly powdery smell that isn't overwhelming.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

What a great and very underated fragrance. Halloween is really pleasant and wonderfully priced. It's floral and has a good lasting power. I'd say this makes a fantastic daytime perfume. I just sprayed it on me now and keep smelling my wrist. I am very pleased with this cute little number if you enjoy floral do give this a try.

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

Having never worn a JDP frag, I didn't know what I was in for-found this in the EDT at Ross'. Paid a pittance for it, and boy oh boy! I really like this. I don't LOVE it, but I do like it. For a floriental, this plays very sweet and fruity on my skin at first. Sweet, but not cloying-just a very sugary/fruit punchy kind of scent. It quickly (say fifteen minutes) settles into a warm, fuzzy angora sweater on me, maybe a lovely mauve colored one. I choose it when I'm in the mood to wear something a bit "uncomplicated" and playful (as opposed to my usual Youth Dew Amber Nude or Fou d'Elle). It's a very nice day frag-I wear it to work at least twice a week, and is what I would classify as a "girl next door" frag. It's not the diva I normally go for, but I do like it. (Great price point too-got it for less than $15 for a full 2oz bottle!) Nice & calm for me. A nice change.

bailarina
bailarina

This just brings me back when I was in college, no cares in the world, no children, no husband...:P, in a hot tropical Island. How not to LOVE this, synthetic or not? I love everything about it. It is most suitable for warm weather, but I'm wearing it today, and I'm enjoing it at 62 F (I'm in California, but this is transporting me back to Puerto Rico)

misswithoutlogic
misswithoutlogic

It's always hard to speak about best seller, because everything is already said - there're a lot of lover and haters so all sides of perfume are discovered, analyzed, all personal stories are told but i hope one more won't be too much :)
In general, it's not my favorite perfume or genre,something very in the middle - doesn't matter about what we'd talk : silage, longevity ( ~6 h.)or composition, but Halloween has very strong sentimental value for me.
Then Jesus Del Pozo relieved this fragrance, i was 8 years old - the age then sneezed from mother's Opium and sincerely believed that perfumes are only for old ladies :)
I found it in the local beauty shop, where I and my friend used to go after school to try how lipsticks and eye shadows work ( thanks for seller who didn't kick us out). One day i saw that violet bottle and something just teased me to try what's inside. After first sniff it was something like ecstasy - I've never smelled anything more wonderful! If i only could i'd probably had slashed it everywhere. Since then i went there everyday to smell that captivating fragrance :)But my full bottle i got only last spring. So what it smells like after almost 15 years after first meeting :
1. I've never smelled banana's leaf, but i think this is the heart of Halloween - sweet, but fresh base. Mix it with bucket of violets and magnolias and you'll get what i call peachy iris, somehow for me it's really similar more to iris than violets. And peach, have no idea from where it appears, but i can defiantly smell juicy peach.
2. It's simple, nothing surprising - I didn't find that scent would change during the hours, the same floral composition, but yet lovely . Good everyday office's choice.
3. The fact that Halloween hasn't been discounted also tells a lot. First- how popular and loved it is, and second - all reformulations of it shows creator's lack of fantasy? Specially then I do't find all those special additions so different, the original one still stays the best.
4. Even is described as oriental floral, i miss true oriental part - it's more clumsy than rich spicy. Also, the sandalwood could pop out more with nice woody feeling to balance loud flower's part.
5. I really like the sea note in the beginning! It's like a wind what brings on the fragrance from the bottle.
Well, it looks kind of negative review, doesn't it ? :) But the truth, despite everything i can notice and describe as minus now, still can't compare with that joyful feeling i get then i wear it. Still my favorite end of May scent through all those years.

chrinen
chrinen

I find this to be a watery metal scent with soft tuberose and vague pepper. Sillage is soft but it lasts several hours. I don't say I dislike it but I don' really like it either. Maybe this blind buy will grow on me since it's so unusual?!

Edit: It's a no for me. Gave it to my mother-in-law.

den1011
den1011

I can't find the words to decribe how much I like this perfume! I don't think I can add anything new to what has been said already. But I'll give it a go. This was my first perfume ever, a christmas present from my dad. That was it: it got me hooked on perfumes. I looooved it, and I don't even like aquatic fragrances. This one has a "je ne sais quois". It's aqauatic but someone manages to stay warm at the same time. I live in Argentina, and it is really famous here. I don't think there's a girl /woman who hasn't heard of this perfume. A real staple. Absolutely recommended!

mariana7945
mariana7945

i LOVE this perfume!! one of the best of all times for me. I had have many bottles of this perfume, and every time i use it i recieve complements

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I dont care what anyone has to say! THIS PERFUME IS ONE OF THE BEST! I have had really expensive ones that dont even stand a chance compared to this one. Its sweet, elegant, a bit of an attention grabber and oh so yummy. If u want men to drool over u... BUY IT!

Halloween opens with lots of salt air and green, woody notes from the petitgrain and banana leaf. The myrrh adds some bitterness to the overall composition, which I appreciate.
The violets in Halloween are very green, almost watery. I do not find this fragrance to be powdery at all on my skin.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

I smell mostly (unripe) banana peel, it really makes the floral not be sweet. So it's a light floral perfume but not cutesy-girly like everything else. Maybe think standing under a banana tree in the Amazon.

Anmo
Anmo

It's quite popular here where i live... And i never understood the appeal. It's a watery 'supermarket' scent with metallic and stale undertones . I don't get any powder, violet is just a mockery here. It's pretty nondescript. I love clean scents but this one smells like swampy water .

Celticprincess
Celticprincess

I wore this perfume as a teenager and now wherenever I smell it on someone it seems dated. It's very 90's for me and it smells quite artificial. I went from liking it (though I can't say I ever loved this perfume) to disliking it deeply. Maybe it was over-exposure to the fragrance, but that hasn't happened with any other perfume I've used. In my opinion that is a reflection on the quality of the perfume.

minty

Halloween is powdery violet, flowery scent and boring as well. You can wear it but you can hardly have a desire to use it in a bunch of perfumes.

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

When I first got this, I was wondering why everyone (on this site) was making such a deal of it. Smelled nice enough but didnt seem special.

That's probably because I had on two-three perfumes at the same time, and this one got lost a bit.

Have to say though, that after using it a couple of times, I love it! It smelled vaguely familiar and I was wondering why. Then hit me that it seemed like a more floral, less fruity version of Davidoff Ice Fresh, though I am not sure if anyone else felt this.

I think what makes this one so special is the banana leaf note, which adds this little touch of bitterness. This underpins the entire composition. Its lovely! - to cut a long story short! ;)

It's pretty long-lasting as well. I spray it on, wear a scarf, and the next day I can still smell it on my scarf.

This is definitely something I can see myself re-buying.

By the way, got a couple of compliments too...from a colleague who isnt easily complimentary!

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

There are days when I can't stand it, but there are other days when it smells amazing. Halloween isn't simple aquatic, that oriental base makes it remarkable. Once I mixed it with Fantasy of Britney Spears. The result amazed me! :)

dona1234
dona1234

it is very lasting, a colleague of mine approached me to find out waht perfume I am using as he would like to get it for his future girlfriend.....

very clean and fresh smell, many compliments on this perfume..loving it

Sangers
Sangers

I have never tried this one on me, but it's really popular around here and a lot of people wear it, especially young girls/women. It's a very nice floral- aquatic smell. I can't really notice any fruit on this fragance. It's simple and clean, a really nice daytime scent.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

This is a feminine floral, I can't make out much fruit but can detect the magnolia and lily of the valley. There are subtle hints of sea notes,pepper and incense but overall I would say this is a watery,greenish floral. It does have some depth,but I can't detect sweetness of vanilla,rather the floral notes just intensify with time. I like the way it develops,it is nicer after it's been on your skin for a couple of hours.

not dark like halloween depicts, but nice none the less. violet is prominent and sweetness from the vanilla is subtle. not over-powering if used with a light hand. i think the banana leaf gives it a uniquely sharp twist. reminiscent of a white floral daywear perfume. lasting a little over 3 hrs on my skin. i like it.

Kain
Kain

Named as Halloween!
So, is it a dark and exotic fragrance to deserve the name?
Actually no!
It's a fresh and fruity fragrance with noticeable floral notes and pleasant smell.
The opening is fresh and semi sweet fruity scent with some floral notes.
The fruity scent doesn't listed in the notes but it's definitely there. if you can't detect that go and check your nose! it does smell like peach rather than banaba leafs or even banana itself!
In the drydown the fruity scent started to decay and the sweet vanilla with floral notes came in front.
The sweetness isn't that much and cloying. It's smooth and ok. I think if you be easy with the sprayer you can wear it in the summer as well.
In the base the smell setteld down but didn't change too much.
I think it's perfect for spring, but you can definitely wear it all four seasons.
Average projection and longevity.
Really good smell and I believe for the price you can't go wrong!
یه عطر زنانه خوب و خوشبو که با توجه به قیمتش انتخاب خیلی خوبی میتونه باشه
بوی اولیه این عطر بوی شاداب و نسبتا شیرین هلو هست که مقداری رایحه گلها اونو همراهی میکنن
هلو تو رایحه های این عطر ذکر نشده اما بوی میوه ای اون به راحتی به مشام میرسه
بوی نه خیلی قویه داره و نه خیلی خنک و تابستونی
یه چیزی وسط اینا ولی بیشتر به سمت خنک و تابستونی سوق پیدا میکنه
در ادامه بوی میوه ای کم کم شروع به محو شدن میکنه و بوی نسبتا شیرین وانیل با رایحه ملایم گلها یه بوی خوب و لذت بخش بهش میدن
از اینجا به بعد بوش زیاد فرق نمیکنه و فقط کمی ضعیفتر و ملایمتر میشه به مرور زمان
پخش بو و ماندگاری متوسطی داره
فکر کنم عطری باشه که بشه به راحتی هر 4 فصل استفاده کرد چون همه چیزش متعادله

TheLadyApryle
TheLadyApryle

I have paid 4 and 5 times as much for perfumes that didn't get the attention this old faithful does. Uncomplicated and endearing - it sku's as a youthful scent but I find it "daytime timeless".

Kione

@CP326 "an old fragrance from 2009"?? It is even older!! 1997 as it says above.

MissMaryMac
MissMaryMac

I have a co-worker who found this on a trip to Spain and bought it. For months when she walked by I would sniff the air like a psycho- finally had to ask her what it was. Been buying it ever singe... and I still adore it. I get no powder notes at all, to me it just smells fresh and clean. Has great staying power on me. This is the one perfume I wear that gets the most compliments ---- and I am not a young girl, I'm 50. Maybe I like it because it makes me feel young again :)

Soie
Soie

Years back I'd read a review of Halloween describing it as a violet floral scent, and as I love the scent of violets, I immediately went out and purchased a flacon of the fragrance.

When I sprayed it on, though, it was an immediate "hate" for me! I didn't get violet; all I got was OZONE OVERLOAD.

However, as I did get a few compliments that first day wearing it, I decided to give it another chance. The next day I gave myself a light spritz and went out to shop. Catching whiffs of the fragrance on the summer breeze, it smelled so refreshing --and I realized then that it was actually that great ozone note which I'd initially hated so much. Oddly enough, it is the BEST part of the fragrance for me now!

Halloween features floral and fruit notes, but it is not overly floral, nor is it sugary sweet like fruit punch, or sour / acidic like some fruity scents tend to be. It is a soft & feminine fruity floral enhanced by a breezy note.

This particular ozonic note in Halloween is referred to as "Seas of Alaska" in the fragrance description, and to my nose smells different from the more typical oceanic / aquatic scents, which TMN typically have an aroma similar to that of deodorant soap or underarm deodorant.

I love this fragrance for spring and summer daytime wear. Or even a spritz at bedtime, which I find refreshing..

[I read somewhere that the fragrance was completed on or near Halloween Day, and that's how / why the name was chosen.]

aqua76239

I wrote review on this while back but just wanted to add that this is one of my fragrances that gets compliments every single time(mostly from young women). Just today I was at the bank and when I got to teller window, the first thing out of the girl's mouth was"I LOVE your perfume, what is it? Its so fresh and clean". I sprayed two small sprays 1 hour prior and she could smells it very well.
I thought that this scent doesn't project well but clearly its not so. Also, if you spray it on your clothes, it will last a very long time. I sprayed one spray on my shirt few days ago and when I picked this shirt of the hamper to wash, I could still smell it.
FYI-if you like L'eau par Kenzo, you will like this. I think these two are quite simular except Halloween can be found dirt cheap online(my bottle was less than $14)and it lasts longer. It IS an aquatic scent so this is something you normally don't like, I wouldn't bother with it

sheridanellis

I can't wear this. I have a bottle that is 95% full. Please pm me for swaps!

Ellie_Love
Ellie_Love

This is very "purple" with the violet. Not sure what the name has to do with it, but it does reminds me of Halloween because I first bought it in mid-October. It smells only floral on me, though I get some wood notes on the drydown and what is probably the incense. This was my signature perfume when I was around 15-17 and it got VERY popular, so smelling it everywhere eventually made me not want to re-purchase and forget it. I still have a mini-bottle and smell it occasionally to remind me of when I was younger, and it's still as nice and fresh as it always was.

I find this to be powdery and green. The violet contributes a floral powdery note, and there is a distinct leafy note from the banana leaf. Its quite soft and cool. Its not dark at all, despite the name, its more of a light daytime scent.

soulflwr
soulflwr

I got this in a set of Pozo perfumes from perfumania. I found something to like about all of them, except for this one. It's REALLY hard to love, like, or even consider. It's mostly sharp ozone, banana leaf, and violet...together it comes across as a really strong aquatic perfume. It even hits you at a diffrent part of the nose than other perfumes, towards the back and very high up...kind of like smelling static. Anyway, I'm not really a fan of aquatics.

Anybody want to swap mini's?

luv2swim
luv2swim

Despite the name, I find this to be a distillation of an ozonic, aquaeous Spring. To me, it smells like being on the shores of a cold and windy lake with daffodils, violets, some crushed banana leaf, warm plastic, and a thin slice of green cantaloupe melon wrapped in foil wafting through. The sillage is perfect, and longevity amazing. Unfortunately, I tend to smell ALL aquatic/ozonic scents as highly artificial, so Halloween is not a favorite for me. However, I own and wear it from time to time because the people around me like it and tell me so. In fact, Halloween has been one of the most complimented perfumes on me!

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Everyone seems to think this scent is mysterious, haunting, romantic, whatever... but I think it's kinda boring. It's just a powdery violet, flowery scent. It's very light, and not much sillage. I think I'm okay with a little powder if the scent is slightly sweet, but this was powdery with no sweetness. I prefer my violet to be a bit "candied", and slightly more intense. I felt that Halloween fell flat and is not a scent I would really wear. When I think mysterious, I think rich, seductive, strong, powerful and sexy. This is none of those. This is the scent you would get if you washed with a powdery violet soap, and not much more.

cp326
cp326

So this perfume is definitely dependant on the skin chemistry of the wearer. Reading what some reviewers have described this fragrance as, I wanted to give my experience just to add more variety. Now I really like this perfume, and have had numerous compliments when wearing it. I can definitely say it is unique...I have never smelled anything like it. So it's no wonder people take notice when someone wearing this passes them by. What I personally smell when I spray this on is basically a perfect parallel to the description at the top of the page which states, "Soft and powdery violet, green lime and green banana notes open this romantic composition." I smell powdery and floral with a hint of something deeper underneath it all. Definitely feminine. It is strong however, but not in a bad way since the fragrance is light, in a sense, being powdery and all. Its strength gives it amazing lasting power. I can spray this on only my wrists and it's still going strong 7 hours later on me. It even absorbed into the lining of some of my jackets where it rubs against my wrist. Everytime I happen to move a certain way I think "ooo something smells good". Then I realize it's my jacket with the scent that seems to last forever. It must have absorbed into the fabric fibers themselves. The name "Halloween" is definitely odd, but who cares. I guess the name makes a perfect pair with the scent, since they are BOTH unique. The fact it is an older fragrance as well (from 2009 I believe) is probably another factor in its favor. It's not the hot new fragrance just released that everyone is wearing anywhere and everywhere you go. It's old, people have forgotten about it or have given it away because it's day has passed in their eyes. So make their trash your treasure and give Halloween a try.

mg.irie
mg.irie

I first smelled this on a coworker and just had to know what it was. It was years before I purchased it for myself...but I always remembered it for the name and also because it's one of the very few scents I have smelled on someone else that I just had to know what it was. It's one of my favorites now. Just like I had to ask her what she was wearing I have had a lot of people ask me.

At first spray it is all sweet violet and banana. Quickly the undertone of incense appears...and that's when I get a shot of the "plastic" scent some previous reviewers have noted. It is gone quickly, unlike with Alien, a perfume someone else mentioned, because on me HOURS, even a full day later, the plastic smell of Alien is prevalent.

Almost immediately after the sweetness begins to soften and up comes the magnolia and myyrh. Then I get the citrus and pepper. At this point I can smell all the main notes in the fragrance for quite some time. On me, the vanilla and sandalwood take some time to appear and that's ok with me...it softens up into something sexier than pretty, prettier than seductive.

Halloween has some pretty incredible staying power on me and I love it almost the whole way through. The only note I don't like is that plastic blast I get in the beginning but it goes away within a minute or two. It is a quite complex scent on me. I've had coworkers and schoolmates blast themselves with my bottle because they love it on me and, hours later, they are still smelling their wrists and enjoying the complexity of Halloween. :)

littlegnome
littlegnome

I love this one too. I smell powdery violet, something tangy (maybe banana leaf) and a definite metallic smell! Very metallic. Interesting!~

pinkposies80
pinkposies80

Love this one!!!!!! Does anyone else smell cantaloupe?

lookcool
lookcool

I love it! It's my first perfume. My mother gave it to me as a birthday gift five years ago and I still buy and wear it today.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

This is pretty. I did not like at first spray. But a few hours have passed and now I am enjoying it. It will not be one to reach for any other time than the warmer months. It smells as it looks. Violets with aquatic notes but dry down is very different. You still have the violet but there is a sweet spice that comes out to play. I am not one to get technical so there you have it, surprising Halloween Treat. I like that the name is Way off what you would think, that is a fantastic marketing ploy....it peaked my curiosity and it is relatively inexpensive.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

This one is very good..a flowery aquatic scent with a spicy background. It's an unusual scent; not for everyone. It's perfect for casual ware or even evening since it has great staying power.

virginia.pavez
virginia.pavez

Sus primeras notas huelen a una mezcla intensa de flores y frutas, y luego cambia a notas florales más clásicas y suaves, algo así como las violetas. Parece apropiado para uso en primavera y otoño, y principalmente para usarlo de día. Yo había leído que es un perfume de gran presistencia y fijación, pero, por desgracia, se va demasiado rápido de mi piel, en dos o tres horas no queda nada. Tal vez en otras mujeres funcione mejor. Me gusta el aroma, pero no lo suficiente como para adorarlo!

His first notes smell like an intense mixture of flowers and fruits, and then moves to a more classic floral notes and soft, something like violets. It seems appropriate to use in spring and autumn, which mostly for daily use. I had read that is a great perfume presistencia and fixation, but unfortunately, is going too fast for my skin, in two or three hours there is nothing noticeable. Maybe other women will work better. I like the aroma, but not enough to adore him!

AlexanderHeartXO
AlexanderHeartXO

Halloween is a very sweet watery floral fragrance. It has a nice warm dry down, but overall the fragrance is too floral for my liking. I also feel like it is very "basic", as in I smell things like it on boring people. I gave it to my mother and she seems to like it, so it wasn't money wasted, especially since I picked up a 30ml bottle for only $13 at Ross.

kajaaniella
kajaaniella

I must admit it is nothing how I'd expected. However, first impressions aside, I have to say I really like it. It's very feminine, very sensual and sweet, but not overpoweringly so. The violet notes are very noticeable, and -not being a fan of too flowery fragrances- I have to say I love this particular one. The peppery notes and just a hint of warmth from the vanilla give Halloween a subtle, sexy finish which stayed with me all day. Altogether a great fragrance, surprisingly fresh for a flowery scent. I'm very excited to discover other versions of the Halloween series - I have to say, I was a bit worried I wouldn't like it, but now I am definitely hooked.

Jogabelle
Jogabelle

I'm surprised that there aren't any aquatic notes listed in this perfume because all my nose can pick up on is a salty oceanic smell. It's a bizarre mishmash of tart saltiness and odd buttery tuberose. I tried this on a day where there are a flurry of snowflakes outside my window, and it feels very out of place. I'd say this is most definitely a Spring or Summer fragrance. Like the reviewer below, I agree that this is NOT mysterious or dark, I think that the name Halloween evokes this supernatural image in people's minds. The dry down is certainly better than the initial whiff of strong saltwater. I'm going to have to give this scent another go when the weather warms up a bit before I decide if I actually like it or not.

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

damn, people... i really wish i had your fantasy and your inspirations you get from this perfume. seriously!?!
i blind swapped it, because of all the reviews i read..
"hidden mystery"? "sharp oriental"? "It's sweet and mysterious at the same time"? and most of all i love this one: "Unique weird scent! Very dark! I would say its ideal for the young crowd who loves mystery and problems". wow. seriously, this is not meant to offend anyone... only the opposite, i so wish i could experience all this, and understand what you people are talking about.
to me, this is an absolutely dull and boring fragrance. one i would buy in a drugstore for about 10$. its purely aquatic... very light with a little sweetness in it. it has absolutely no longlivity, no sillage, and no character. i imagine it on a 10 year old girl, who got this as a present from her mom cause she wanted a perfume, but her mom chose this one, that hardly smells and wouldnt draw any attention to her, just cause a real perfume just isnt yet appropriate for such a young girl, and this one fits her age and the way her mother wants it to be. just so her daughter is happy, has a "perfume" and leaves her alone.
i dont detect any problems, any mystery, anything strange or dark about this perfume but in its name. im so dissapointed.

addictedtoperfumes
addictedtoperfumes

I had this perfume more than 5 years ago i think, which I was a teenager back then and I still absolutely love it, such a young, refreshing and clean smell.

malecita
malecita

This is a very beautiful scent. It's very romantic but also very seductive. It's sweet and mysterious at the same time. It has long lasting power on me. It's suitable for all ocassions. Maybe it's more a spring scent but I think it works good in all seasons.
Men love it!

endora
endora

This is a very interesting perfume. Very different from others. It is like both fresh and powdery and clean and woody at the same time. I am not the best critique, but I love this perfume. However I don't know if this is my signature perfume. I just can't decide, I want to smell every perfume around. However I really would love to use this one for years. Extremely beautiful and easily catches the attention of men.

evy.gc
evy.gc

Unique weird scent! Very dark! I would say its ideal for the young crowd who loves mystery and problems! … It’s very well blended so the notes are hard to identify. The Myrrh is quite strong but elegant. Perfect for fall nights. It is nice but not for everyone so please do not buy it until you try it at your local mall.

DesiredEpiphany
DesiredEpiphany

I was given this fragrance as a gift and it really gives me a headache. Its very strong and the scent lingers for longer than I like. It smells very woody and peppery to me. I usually like softer scents. It would be a nice scent if not so pungent.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Ladies, I've read some of your reviews and I've decided that I'm going to take the plunge into this sweet, heady, oriental concoction. I love super strong fragrances and I'll keep you posted with my verdict. Stay tuned!!

yloenog
yloenog

This used to be my favourite perfume and my signature scent during the college years. I also got a lot of compliments, so seems like it had a good chemistry on my skin. I can't wear it now, though, as it is too sweet for me, but it still reminds me of some fond memories.

Hayven
Hayven

I received a sample of this in the mail today. I can smell the violet and magnolia with a touch of incense and aquatic tones. I did half a spritz to be on the safe side since people said it may cause headaches or be too strong. It is similar to a bottle of perfume I had from Rue 21 but with a little more maturity.

dame piglet
dame piglet

I am writing this review for people who are prone to headaches from perfumes (especially florals): my friend, this one is probably NOT SAFE FOR YOU.

I like many powdery florals (especially in cool weather) and this is a quite powdery floral. I think it is nice and pretty, and I don't normally get headaches from perfume. However, as of the time of this writing, I have a sinus infection and it is giving me a tinge of a headache.

If you are like me, and normally don't get headaches, I think this fragrance would be pretty safe for work, as it doesn't seem to have monsterous sillage.

wind83
wind83

I have 4.5 ml this fragrance.
The smell is good, very nice, and fresh+masculine.
Good chemistry in my skin...
i love the scent in magnolia and violet.

Love it, and its well i wear it at night.:p

but it just 3/4 hours in my skin.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

Howling starr.. Well I mentioned in my skin smells pretty cheap!! I didn´t mean to hurt your feelings lool.. seriously .. maybe my review were not very happy.. But all my reviews i make are based in my body chamestry.. and it changes.. perhaps in others its a masterpiece.. but in my its awfull.. so don´t take this so personal.. It´s just a review inside many others.. Take care ;)

daerian
daerian

I feel that the notes are off, specially because it is called Halloween because it uses the "Halloween orchid" or "Spider orchid". People the orchid is in the perfume box...

HowlingStarr
HowlingStarr

@Nadia Beatriz I think people like this fragrance because it is very beautiful not cheap....if someone would liked scents only because of they price using some nicely smelling detergents instead of perfumes would be even better and cheaper idea...I recommend Ajax Floral Fiesta...

This scent is really undervalued. It is quite original and elegant, I could even say sophisticated. Very sexy. My friend also adores it.

Someone before asks why it is called Halloween...Hmmm I think because this holiday is quite mysterious and this fragrance can also made a woman a mysteriously scented creature xD

olga1780
olga1780

Another case when the scent itself has absolutely no connection with its name, color or bottle design ( unless there is a story behind it that we don't know about). I wonder if designers create these controversies intentionally, to switch on our imagination and make our minds wonder what they were thinking while designing it ( or what the hell were they thinking?)

The best words to describe Halloween would probably be "pretty" and " adorable" because there is no mystery, sexiness or seduction going on here.
The scent is more floral than oriental, moderately sweet, and has more of a crystal clear quality than warmth. I am mostly getting violets, and a bit of tuberose and pepper, but incense is somewhere way in the background. Very nice and applealing composition but in the same token I would not call it unique, because it lacks some potency,or so called strength of character.
Whoever says it is strong must have overly sensitive nose because to me it is nothing but a summer fragrance, airy and light.
Overall, very nice fragrance for summer days, kind of romantic. I also like the fact that it doesn't smell too perfumery or unnatural.
Sillage and longevity are pretty good if you look at it as a warm weather perfume....but I'm not sure if you can smell much of it in winter.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

I think, the notes above are not really exact. I feel lot of lavender here, with violet, vanilla and pepper, a bit sour, a bit sweet, not the same as million other cookie-sweet fumes... It's not a bad scent at all (however my favourite J. del Pozo fragrance is Duende EDT). Halloween isn't really a good name, it's true, it could be Good Night or Little Easter, too:). Sillage is average and longevity is not so good, but I'll use my mini and enjoy it, even in warm weather.
R.I.P. J. del Pozo:(...

SS79
SS79

I just recieved this blind buy today. Got the complete gift set. I was very skeptical bc of the mixed reviews.. so when I got it, I opened it right away. Ok.. at firs snif of the spray nosel... its smells really gross!! BUT I applied it to my wrist and gave it a sec then OMG!!! I LOVE IT!!! It is so pretty!! Its so different and magical that there is no words!! a pretty floral sweet yumminess!!I am deffinatly glad I bought it.. couldn't go wrong on the price... WIN WIN!! :-D

Annabel Lee
Annabel Lee

Too strong on my skin. I wanted to like it but ended up giving it away to someone else. On me, it was like a fake violet bouquet with a touch of some insecticide. Not nice. Nevertheless i must say i did receive several compliments from men the only day i wore this.

salihah
salihah

this has a very faint smell and poor lasting power i dont like this

Hollie
Hollie

I wanted to love this. I ordered online years ago going only off of reviews. It was overpowering and gave me a headache.I smelled mostly floral and hardly any of the warm tones the description implies. It just didn't make sense on me. I think I ended up sending it off to the thrift store. Hopefully someone who's skin it works on found it and loved it. Again, I wanted to love it or at least like it. I'm a sucker for anything Halloween. I guess the description was right....it IS for Vamps cuz this one sucked for me ;0)

EDIT: Ok.....I just had to purchase a small bottle of this again because years had gone by and it was deeply discounted. Here's what I think now:

Strong, metallic floral. Freesia mostly and I do detect that hint of banana...keeps the metallic note in check by lending a certain creaminess. There's something peppery and fizzy going on and a citrus/soapiness that reminds me a little of Clean by Clean. I guess I don't hate it as much as I remember.

lovefull5
lovefull5

A unique, clear but sweet smell, adorable.

lukkyme
lukkyme

unusual i dont smell aquatic anything. powdery purple smoke i can not compare it 2 anything i have ever smelt before it is a soft scent on me i imagine this is the way a gypsy would smell ? . . ..is that good or bad:) it depends on the person i think it smells good i dont think its magic but definantly mystic! my complaint is its not quit strong enough :( & it disapears from my skin 2-3 hours or so but its fascinating its not my favorite but sum how i cant get enough

Leek
Leek

I adore this scent. It's definitely not an ordinary perfume, nor anything I smelled before. It's very original in a good way. I can't put my finger on what makes it so interesting, maybe the combination of being crisp floral yet warm and woody (drydown), and even then it manages to stay fresh.
One could call it floral-oriental,fresh,aquatic floral or even musky. These descriptions all suit this lovely fragrance. It's inoffensive yet draws compliments and attention, but as I said, in a good way. Purple is the best color for this edt, and so is the name-mysterious, interesting, unfamiliar.
Perfect for day and night, for mature women mostly.

sacredsiren4mac
sacredsiren4mac

I don't understand the people who say they think this is strong, on my skin the incense note is not heavy or over the top. To me this is a light and fresh spring/summer scent that is more interesting than so many over the overly candied and fruity fragrances out there marketed for summer.

skki
skki

I had this when I was a girl (I guess 13) I was just too young for it. It is not a bad scent , but is too heavy on the incense not suitable for girls now I'm 20-something I think it could work better, but i still have the memories of a strooong scent.

Kione

About how the name can be deceiving. This perfume is Spanish, 10 years ago the Halloween holiday wasn't popular in Spain (even longer ago it didn't exist). I fell in love with this perfume when it first came out in the market, and I only had heard of Halloween from films; it sounded like an eerie and magical night to me, and I was obsessed with fairies at the time; my idea of Halloween fitted perfectly with the scent.

Now, I think it was released on the 1st of November and in the north of Spain thats the time when it gets cold again, specially at nights. So even if I would wear it all year round I think it suits chilly magical nights, such as Halloween or New Years Eve. Specially if the party is outside as it is very often in Spain.

I stronlgy recomend to try to wear this scent in the winter when you feel a bit mystical...

Kione

One of my favourites, can't add much more to what has already been said apart from that I too think it smells "cold" and I think is very suitable for winter and/or nighttime! and that my granny said it smelt "bitter"!!

anton007
anton007

One of the best perfumes I have ever smelled on a woman. A hidden treasure!

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

One of the gratest, since I was 16 I kept having a bottle of this juice posing on my scent counter. There´s no way I can run out of it!

I describe it as Ethereal but Daring.
The decant and color match the smell perfectly, The freesia and Lilac announces the innocence the tendernes, While the Incense and Calone notes go to the darker side, like a mysthical breeze shading in violet all above.

I can see a Medieval princess dressed in a long light-violet gown running trough an enchanted forest.
finally reaching a lake in wich the moon reflects silvery elypsed.
Simply love it ,an will always wear it!

puppynose
puppynose

Oriental? No. It's cold, not quite screetchy but getting too close for comfort scent. Thin, no incense. It has a nearly fruity tinge- almost pineapple but not quite. Oh well, not good for me. The little bottle is dog gone cute!

idyllejuice
idyllejuice

For me this is the best perfume ever. It's mystic and it wears so long! Unfortunately I live now in France and they don't know anything about that perfume. Can someone advise me other peerfumes smelling a lot like Halloween?

FRESKI007
FRESKI007

Este perfume tiene una nota inicial muy fresca, y muy acuatica; lo que la hace que pareciera nada fuera de lo comun. Pero, lo interesante de esta fragancia es que empieza a madurar, y a tornarse a un floral mas rico y mas intenso, hasta llegar a la notas base de incienso, madera y vainilla. En conjunto es un buen perfume con tendencia a lo juvenil, y con una buena duracion.

aqua76239

This was a blind buy for me and I purchased a miny size to make sure I even liked this. What a mistake, I should have gotten a larger bottle! Wow, this is so lovely. I don’t understand where is the “average floral” that so many others are describing because this scent is nothing but average. Best way to classify this is an aquatic floral. Looking at the notes, I didn’t think that this was anything to write home about but when I read some of the reviews online, one got me intrigued. Reviewer said that this fragrance is like walking through enchanted forest, at dusk, and smelling all the flowers and leaves. This is an excellent description of this scent. Instead of Halloween, it should have been called Twilight. I smell the watery flowers and leaves(no pepper though) and there is a little bit of incense on the drydown to give it a sort of a smoky feeling. I think this is a very unique scent and I haven’t smelled anything to even remotely similar to it before. Lasting power is ok-this is not a loud scent so it will linger on your skin softly for several hours before gently fading away. I have to say that nothing whatsoever about this scent reminds me of Halloween-not the bottle, color or scent itself. Twilight or Fairy Dust(I think Paris Hilton has scent with this name, lol!) would have been entirely appropriate. I’m about to buy a bigger bottle because this scent is truly enchanting!

mirna86
mirna86

Este perfume es rico, no es mi preferido, pero todo el mundo lo usa! ya se volvió corriente, menos mal nunca lo compré. A mi me gustan más los perfumes poco conocidos, pero deliciosos, porque no me gusta oler igual a las demás.

bubblem3
bubblem3

Mexican review lol. Uff esta fragancia me encanta! Es como para una cita romantica, para enamorar a primera vista *-* Es perfecta, tiene muy buena fijacion. Lo unico malo de ella es que almenos en mi pais ya esta bastante masificada :S

Vamy69
Vamy69

Smokey, incense, floral, sexy and warm! This dry down becomes fabulous. I need a bottle of this ASAP!!! Love it!

jaa456
jaa456

At first wiff Halloween is your average sharp floral perfume, reminding me very much of body spray. Not bad, just boring. Sigh. Hours later I sniffed my wrist wondering what smoky, intriguing perfume I had applied.....and it was Halloween! It had transformed itself into a smoky incense tinged drydown. Quel suprise? Halloween, indeed.

Matin
Matin

Halloween was my first special perfume when I was 14 years old. And with my love was born for the perfumes:) because of it though already it is not in the habit of using it, I preserve it with all my fondness as a very valued exchequer. Providing that I smell it he remembers me that epoch.

I suppose that thanks to I discovered my great passion for the "oriental ones" in his diverse slopes and it is that though it looks for a fresh perfume the unconscious one betrays me.

For my it is a balanced and special perfume for teenagers, slightly innocently and prone to fantasizing. Floral enough and versatile.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

I love this fragrance is fresh and cheerful, it's a shame that is already in widespread use!

suvvie
suvvie

my lovely little all time fave! I love the way the base smells on me in summer. little bit of dry sweetness, very refreshing and a little bit sharp. love it

The first I ever heard of Jesus del Pozo was when I received a free bottle of HALLOWEEN bath bubbles along with an order from one of my favorite online emporia. I was not impressed and have yet to use that bottle. It smelled very indistinct and the inclusion of "acrylates" as a major ingredient struck me as strange. Add to that the sheer oddity of calling a fragrance HALLOWEEN, and I was pretty much convinced that this house was not for me.

After reading favorable reviews at Fragrantica, however, I decided take advantage of the opportunity afforded me by a mini set to try five of this house's fragrances. I have been pleasantly surprised so far, by IN WHITE and IN BLACK. I find myself simply confused by HALLOWEEN which is some sort of vaguely aquatic floral claiming to be oriental (which it is totally not) and bearing a name which is basically a non sequitur. HALLOWEEN really means nothing that connects to this scent, which may as well be called %&$^%$^Y@&$^Y%&^#^%^*&$&.

At first I thought that this composition was simply too weak in its edt form, so I sprayed a lot of my mini all over me, and I still feel somehow perplexed. It's not unpleasant, but it's not really very appealing either. It just seems to me meaningless, like its name. Désolée.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Tested it today in a shop and it really reminds me of Liz Claiborne's Curve for Women. Nothing special at all...just fresh-freesia floral. Blah.

Rosaflor
Rosaflor

I really like this one! it's like, I don't know, If purple color had a smell it would smell like this! (probably because of the bottle).. So delicious! A little bit strong! well I think is too strong but in a good way! So young and romantic.. I think it's perfect for night but it's an everyday perfume too, just try not to use too much! to me the incense note makes it PERFECT!!!!

La Moon
La Moon

My absolute favorite!! and my trademark scent.. Very fresh and strong..but not overwhelming.
I still remember being 15 in the perfume shop and the name Halloween and the color of the box just calling out to me. The perfume lady noticed and offered me a spritz. I took a moment to let it settle and a fan was born! My mother disliked it though. I just responded with " well I don't like your tresor" lol I have yet to resniff that now at this age.

On to the scent. It opens very green because of the banana leaf and violets galore:) then the rest if the flowers more violets magnolias tuberose come in with that kick of pink pepper. Mmm my favorite has to be the incense vanilla base with sandalwood. I just love incense bases with vanilla! I havent come around many of those. I smell a bit of cedar as well. Overall I find if to be a great everyday scent. The name just makes you feel mysterious and witchy.

I admit now that I have grown a bit I don't wear it as much but it's still my scent ;) my friends still remember me by that and say it suits me well.

I have gotten my hands on hwn freesia , hwn sun and hwn waterlily I love them all! With freesia being my fav! And water lily a close second. Now I wish there was a halloween moon! I'd love to see del pozo's take on that! I'd prob cry of joy!!

TankGirl
TankGirl

I received my Halloween today, my dear Teolinda send it to me :)
This one is a perfume with a lot of memories because I always loves this perfume since I was a teenager, but for some reason I never bought it.
I think its a really good perfume, perfect for all year and also to day and night. Beeing a quind of dark side girl, I LOVE violets, but sometimes this little purple flower can be really headaching for me...happily in Halloween violets are really powdery (wich I like) and mixed with the vanilla and the banana note. Its sweet, but has a really interesting spicy edge that gives a certain vampiness to this juice. I like it and I think its a safe perfume because you can wear it anytime, but isnt boring at all. 5*

guest_vitian vip
guest_vitian vip

me super encanta es mi fragancia favorita es de lo mejor, su aroma es magico, me hace soñar no dejo que me falte.

guest_Szerafin
guest_Szerafin

Hello!
This fragrance is a beautifully composed work of art in its class. Now my skin is my very good scent, but not always. Autumn, winter is a good scent on my skin that I can not get enough of him. In summer, spring is not. But I'm so all the smell. Everyone needs to know when can I wear a scent, and when not to. When I bought it myself and blew me right away was wonderful, magic scent, it blew my girlfriend, and it simply Oo. Disgusting!. That's it.

minty

it is a very unique perfume, you have to test it before buy.
it has layers we can say. it has fresh layer, soft layer, floral layer. it is not an oriental smell, can not call floral also. Soap like maybe.

guest_ra
guest_ra

One of the most anoying smels ever. "Like cucumber" - we call it:) oriental? never.

Liina
Liina

First I smelled something carrot-like. I don't like it very much. I'm into everything with jasmine and this with magnolia are the only notes I like in Halloween. The base with incense and vanilla is a bit too sweet for me. Not good, not bad, not for me.

guest_ok
guest_ok

I like this perfume, it's extremely magic and gorgeous:)

ummihsan
ummihsan

i first came across it when it was being launched during my holiday in spain. took one sniff and instantly fell in love! it was perfect for me - a 16year old romantic teenager. i thouhgt i'd found heaven in a bottle! in the following years i went trough a couple of 100ml bottles of that heavenly mixture. my last bottle finished about 5 years ago and to my horror i just couldnt find it anywhere!
then, a year ago my mum brought me a small bottle from spain- i couldnt wait to smell it again, and...how on earth could i have used so much of it??!! it smelled strange- sweet, light, but somewhat very chemical and too straightforward, not something i would want on my skin. it is a very young, carefree scent, almost candylike, with a bit of a dissinfectant thrown in... i still like it...but on my 5-year old daughter,on whom it smells lovely- v. natural and innocent. it is v.girly, but definetely not for adults. so if u have a little girl, buy it for her, not yourself...

guest_Megs
guest_Megs

I love this perfume, I used to wear it years ago when I was 16, and just recently was able to find it in a perfume store where I live. I get tons of compliments on it, and go through quite a few bottles. I've only met one person who has smelled Halloween before, and have turned many people onto it. One of the few perfumes I use the whole bottle of!

adrienn99
adrienn99

this one is just awesome!

on my first day with this fragrance I see myself in a white dress, it is summer in the evening, holding hands with a charming guy, walking along the beach. Sometimes looking deep in each other's eyes and there is the sparkle, knowing but waiting.

after two days this perfume surprised me... the weather got really hot and then I could sniff not only the 'treat' but the 'trick' as well... really nice woody-milky drydown.

This is a gem and I am going to buy all the stock in the universe! :)
What is more it lasts long!

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

Eh. For me this is just a so-so floral fragrance, with some sweetness thrown in. It's not bad. I like it,but don't love it. There are many others I prefer. I use this to spray my sheets and as a room/dresser drawer spray.

ljaljka
ljaljka

I bought this 2 weeks ago and recieved it today. This perfume is great scent for summer. I like it!

poly1979
poly1979

este perfume es muy especial y diferente a cualquier otro, sirve para todo tipo de ocasion, es fresco floral y duradero, he recibido elogios siempre con el, nunca pasa desapercibido.

batabidd
batabidd

Countains: sweet lime, green banana, calone, pear, cardamom, lilac, freesia, tuberose, jasmine, magnolia, sandalwood, musk.

Oh. I wish I could be enough brave to wear this:
The name of “Halloween” can create confusion in the anglosagonic market. There ain’t gothic, no darkness, no incense, no sticky flowers.
The only answer, in my opinion is that, the 1st November is always been popular in Spain, where people visit the cemeteries and the death relatives, wash the graves and cover then with fresh, scented, multicoloured flowers.

This perfume is just a clean, pure, uplifting aura.
Halloween is a superb aquatic marine floral perfume.
The opening is aquatic, citric and slightly flowery: Calone is a well known molecule that represent the fresh seaside brezze with a fantastic aquatic touch. This molecule blends fantastic with the green banana accord, just light and fruity, with a strong sweet lime note. I can start smell too freesia, a unforgettable ethereal scent.
After 30 mt application, the perfume start to get centered in the lilac flower, with brushstrokes of white light flowers as jasmine. The lime still having a nice presence as the firm hint of the calone.
Halloween dries down in soft musky woods.

In the Spanish market, It has been in the top list of sales, and even the formula is quite complex, smell quite minimalistic for me. It’s calone, lilac shurb flower and gorgeous sweet lime.

The long lasting is fantastic, and the projection is just divine.

I admit it: I wore it myself at home, always indoors, sitting reading a book, or enjoying the sun on my terrace, and I always enjoyed this perfume enormously, but I don’t feel enough confident and brave to wear socially. It’s distinctively feminine. Pity, because I really like.
Sometimes I smelled it on the street, and I can’t help to follow the woman who wears it, just for a instance, and keep, for a second, the lovely project of this fragrance.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I tested Halloween a long time ago and loved it's bewitching scent.

I can vision a Halloween night elegantly sweeping over the sky with a warm breeze carrying the scent of contrasting sweets and treats.

Capes and costume material is slithering and dancing in the breezes as the late night approaches.

Young adults dressed in Modern Goth costumes making out at graveyards as candy and cigarettes are exchanged with fanged smiles.

liinaliinas
liinaliinas

I like the scent and it's one of the few parfumes that I've used the whole bottle. But I didn't buy another one, because it seems that ever other woman is wearing that and also a lot of women among my friends and acquaintances.
It has a long lasting scent and what I most love about this fragnance is that on my skin it doesn't change a lot, so the top and the base aren't too different and I love it for that!

prettypoisonKyC
prettypoisonKyC

At first I just loved it but then I started thinking it just smells like toothpaste dunno why.Though I just love its name...

LIN
LIN

I used to love it very much a couple of years ago, but now i got sick of this smell.. i'ts soft and nice, but i don't seem to like it now, maiby because i discovered so many other great perfumes.

sharyssa

I received this one yesterday and I am impressed! I loooooove this I wish I'd have gotten this a long time ago.It smells very much like Vera Wang Rock Princess but with a flowery hint.It lasts like crazy because I sprayed it on my pj's yesterday evening and I can still smell it I am going to stock up on this and I want the others in the Halloween family I want Halloween Sun next.I want to wear this one often and since Rock Princess is pricey than I will substitute it with this when my Rock Princess is empty!

sharyssa

I ordered this today I hope I like it.I really wanted it because of the bottle and I found it on the net for a good price (the whole set) and I am a sucker for a gift set especially one with cute packaging!

Kristel
Kristel

well , i bought this, because my birthday is on 31.october, :D
so, i like it, but i dont love it.
a little strange,but not bad .

Trvevil
Trvevil

This one is inexpensive and interesting.
On me more like florals + fruit mix. Non- ordinary is a leafy note that lingers there which makes this perfume a bit like latest V&R Eau Mega. I don't notice much violets here though, I thought.. since it listed in top and heart. Anyways it's a pretty perfume, perfect for your nose to take a rest and enjoy simplicity. I wouldn't slap anyone if one would gift me it. Hm... anyone? :D (<-- lame joke again)

I wanted to try this one for so long and when I could I felt disappointed. It is not bad, almost interesting, but too bland. I expected something more misterious and enticing. Instead it is a mixed up common floral on the cheap side. Not bad smelling, not charming. It radiates and it's longlasting. I tried it 2 times and it smelled different! I will try it a third time, just in case I find it more interesting. It's very good priced.

guest_ginvodya
guest_ginvodya

@ nezzabel

thank you and i will write the names down from the new topic so well the lottery is still on... :) thank you so much i will tell you later here (sunday) who is the winner and can u pm her then??

x

nezzabel
nezzabel

This is one of the most popular fragrances in my country and it was one of my first fragrances.
I had it (purchased it a few times, at least 4 times!) and when I smell it amongst the streets it always takes me back to my early teen years (ok only eight or seven years back)and I adored it!
It was my first signature fragrance.

I still like it very much but I grew up and Halloween will always remember me of that time: the first nights out with my friends, the first love, the first kiss... lots and lots of memories.
It's funny how a perfume can be so attached to the past events of my life.

The bottle is simple, the liquid is purple wich fits the scent totaly!
The scent itself is a powerful blast of violets mixed with a proeminent banana note, very exotic young oriental.

Halloween is very affordable, the lasting power is great and the scent is wonderful... so try it!

ktv0926
ktv0926

I dont' like it. The scent has something similar to other Jesus Del Pozo fragrances I've tried, but in case of Halloween - this something is really unpleasant to my nose. I had Duende and it's an ok everyday scent. Now I have In White - very interesting frag, quite original.

Halloween is such a common, worn-out scent. It is very 90-something fragrance. The overall impression reminds me Hugo Woman (round flacon), Eternity Moment and other popular crowd targeted fragrances of that time. For some reason I don’t really like any of them.

krabby
krabby

Love this perfume, although i'd never wear it by spring/summer because I find it way too strong for hot days. I love using it in cold rainy days. I know this may sound weird, but i cant smell nothing related to flowers. I smell lots of incense which is not a bad thing at all.

GagaMaga
GagaMaga

extremely long-lasting! beautiful scent - lots of white flowers - nothing oriental, according to my nose...

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

This perfume is different than the others I would normally buy. Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I bought this strictly for it's name. I am not a big fan of banana scents, so I was scared. But I love this perfume. I get no banana, just a sharp floral scent, with maybe a citrus tone.I can detect the sandalwood and maybe the incense. My son said that I just smell like a lot of really nice flowers. Thinking of Halloween, one would expect something dark, smoky and mysterious. But just like a costume that you put on, it would appear one way and be the other. .This perfume does not disappoint. It lures you in, leaving you coming back for more and more. I love it!To say that I am pleased is an understatement.Can't wait now to try J Pozo's in black!

ViolaineViolet
ViolaineViolet

it is a strange perfume yet a delicious one!! i use it in my high school but it passed unnoticed, i never got a compliment but i still loved it, mysterious and foggy, but kind of too soft for the name of halloween, i was expecting something more powerfull and creepy, but still i love it.

leonora84

I must re-review this fragrance. I have on my left hand the EDP of Versace Crystal Noir, and on my right is Halloween EDT. I think on some skin types these may become really similar, I mean: sweet, slightly peppery, with an airy (really airy:)) tuberose note, and after those notes comes a milky sandalwood note, which gives the whole composition a "tanned" shade. These fragrances earn the most compliments for me, because they improve my natural smell in the same airy-exotic-milky-warm-tanned way. I think this could smell way too airy-aquatic on really dry/white skin types, because tuberose( these two scents contain a lot of it) needs a bit of natural skin oil to be able to smell like woody coconut milk(you get the coconut milk in the coconut, and the outer side of coconut is sun-warmed and woody-smelling) and fresh water(sea breeze???), harsh- ozonic sun(the kind of really strong, biting, clear sunshine at sea shores in the morning), and honey.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

In my opinion, it is a witches' scent like Alien but much more transparent, fresher and lighter. It is such a relief that I am not the only one who feels the unlisted jasmine here (that’s why the comparison with Alien turned up).

While in my imagination with Alien on you are in the middle of intensive bewitchment activity: flying on the broom, casting a spell and shooting with flames … Halloween is more relaxed understatement that you could be also capable of all above-mentioned. :) To put it simple, there is smth special about its gorgeous BOG freshness for me. I also feel the same “thorny” violets here like in My Queen, petit-grain like in Etro Heliotrope and the above-mentioned jasmine.

It is one of those not neutral fragrances that could evoke mixed feelings but I am happy to declare our compatibility at the first sniff.
And I believe it is not for nothing the scent has been claimed in the market for more than 10 years, staying modern and being in harmony with the present.

Ak.
Ak.

'Halloween' is quite warm, not too sweet.. but for me it is not special in any way, maybe it is just not my fragrance.

Monet
Monet

its a nice perfum, the bad thing is that everyone use it, so i dont want to smell like everyone.

muffindolphin
muffindolphin

I bought the mini online and I love it!! It smells really weird in the bottle but when you put it on it smells different. It smells like iris, limes, and bananas. I wish it would last more than 2 hours though!!!!

Makk
Makk

Halloween party on marshland. Halloween nightmares was dancing and treading flowers of magnolia and tuberosa by their foots, they laughing and screeching.

BUT now they sleeps into cool, swampy water. It's cold. Mystic myrrah and smell of incense like mist rising over the swamps and marshy ponds.

elm0505
elm0505

Dissapointing. This was the must-have fragrance in Spain some years ago, when it was launched, I don't understand why. It's the typical cookie-cutter aquatic fragrance you could find in any drugstore. Its staying power is ridiculous, but the most important thing for me is that it smells of NOTHING. Some artificial and aromatic note, but nothing special really.
It doesn't stink though...

Fairylight7
Fairylight7

'Halloween' is such a misnomer- I was expecting amber, patchouli, incense, musk, something smokey, sexy and reminiscent of autumn nights. Although the fragrance notes do include some of these ingredients, I'm at a loss to smell them anywhere.

What I smell instead is an aquatic floral similar to Eau d'Eden or Sheisedo Relaxing Fragrance. Feminine and inoffensive enough, but nothing outstanding and certainly not what the name would suggest. I'll wear it as a throwaway spritz-on for work, but I'm disappointed.

xmarie
xmarie

I really Love this perfume!! is very feminine, is soft!!
I think I made a good a good choise!
:D

artgoddess
artgoddess

DOn't like it. It is a watery floral that smells like a million and one other watery floral scents on sale at the local drug store. I was very disappointed. Smells "cheap" and not very complex.

leonora84

This was my first HG as I began attendig the uni. It is a very lasting and potent semi-aquatic floral with oriental edges. The weirdest in my fragrance collection. I only wear it really on days, where nothing else does the trick. It is best suited for cooler summer evenings or warm fall days. It has notes of banana, melon and cucumber, and this all with a slight hint of incense and pepper makes it really special.

Kittycat63

I have to disagree with Solocha about this perfume. To me when I first smelled it I was soooo disappointed because of the weird artificial smell yet I had read such good reviews about it I was expecting it to be lovely! I couldn't get beyond the strange watery, artificial smell and I did give my Halloween away to someone who actually seemed to (for some strange reason) like it! This is one of the worst perfumes I have smelled recently and made me feel ill!

solocha
solocha

To do this perfume justice, I have to correct myself. I have changed opinion about it as I was wearing it, it smelled artificial in the beginning, but now it has become such and endearing scent. I got used to it and wouldn't give it away. It reminds me of fresh scent of wet tree barks (poplar tree or linden maybe), and it stands out best in the wet atmosphere, not too rainy weather, but not on hot dry day either. It is also such and 'Easter'scent, spring scent, very optimistic, positive, energising. This is an example of how first impression can delude.

The name fooled me. This is an aquatic Mall type scent with a musty undertone.

andreapaz2008
andreapaz2008

mmmm, i like early in the morning before middle day.

Circe
Circe

Es un perfume exquisito, uno de mis preferidos junto con Duende, tambien de Jesus del Pozo. Es suave, femenino, fresco. Me encanta!

Luciana
Luciana

EXIQUISITA COMBINACIÓN DE FLORES. PERDURABLE su fragancia no pasa desapercibida ... UNA DE LAS FRAGANCIAS "CLASICAS" Y DELICIOSAS DEL MUNDO DE LOS PERFUMES...
es un perfume muy rico.. tipico para esta epoca(EN ARGENTINA) de primavera verano...
El jazmin te da un touch muy femenino, muy rica fragancia floral acuática, fresca... increible para captar miradas!!!
Siempre lanzan nuevas versiones muy ricas; pero el original es imbatible.
- Es persistente a pesar de ser suave.
- Muy femenina.
- Buen precio a pesar de ser un importado.
Es definitivamente recomendado para la compra!!!

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Not for me. I like black joke, but not like black, cemetery perfume.

Kittycat63

This has to be one of the weirdest smelling perfumes I've ever had the misfortune to smell! I made the mistake of ordering a bottle over the internet after reading positive reviews about it but I wish I hadn't bothered! The purple colour of the perfume put me off even before I smelled it but then once I sprayed it on I couldn't wait to wash it off! I did try to leave it on for as long as I could in the hope that it would smell better on me after awhile but I couldn't stand it so it had to come off! This really is a strange perfume!

sheridanellis

This smells like "Sunflowers" by Elizabeth Arden to me. I was sorely disappointed for having bought a bottle sight un-sniffed! Hopefully my daughter will enjoy it, or it is another bottle of juice off to be donated....

UPDATE: Why in the world is this called "Halloween"!?!? lol! It doesn't evoke ANY of the fall ideas/notions you may be dreaming of when you think of that holiday and all that accompanies it (fall, bon-fires, caramel apples, cider, sweaters, fog, burning leaves, pies and crackling indoor hearths). It is more like an odd aquatic floral to my nose, or like my first review, Sunflowers by EA. It is not a bad smell, just not what I would associate with Halloween...He should have called it "Easter".

kiselina
kiselina

Smells like banana peels and plastic. I didn't like it at all, it gave me "nose-ache".

feyza
feyza

I have this parfume and I took many compliments on it.both men and women like it.fresh,floral,innocent scent.I can say it is as good as paco rabanne ultraviolet.but ultraviolet is more cool and younger.this is more feminine.original scent,maybe you cannot leave this when you meet...

Halloween by Jesus Del Pozo 3.58 out of 5 based on 897 ratings and 168 user reviews

HALLOWEEN for WOMEN by Jesus del Pozo EDT .15 OZ MINI
Halloween Perfume by Jesus Del Pozo, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Halloween Perfume by Jesus Del Pozo, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
HALLOWEEN for WOMEN by Jesus del Pozo EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
HALLOWEEN for WOMEN by Jesus del Pozo EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Halloween Perfume by Jesus Del Pozo, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette spray Tester for Women
Halloween Freesia Perfume by Jesus Del Pozo, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Halloween Water Lilly Perfume by Jesus Del Pozo, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
HALLOWEEN FREESIA for WOMEN by Jesus del Pozo EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Freesia Eau de Toilette Spray, 3.4 fl oz
HALLOWEEN for MEN by Jesus del Pozo EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
HALLOWEEN for MEN by Jesus del Pozo EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
Halloween Gift Set by Jesus Del Pozo Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 5 oz Body Lotion 5 oz Shower Gel .15 oz Mini EDT
Gift Set 3.4oz
Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz Body Lotion 50ml 1.7oz Shower Gel 50ml 1.7oz Miniature 4.5ml 0.15oz 4pcs
drugstore.com
Eau De Toilette
Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.4 fl oz
Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.4 fl oz
Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jesus Del Pozo Halloween fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jesus Del Pozo Halloween, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Halloween by Jesus Del Pozo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Halloween by Jesus Del Pozo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.