Designers » I-K » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Feeling man Jil Sander for men

Feeling man Jil Sander for men
dislike

Feeling man by Jil Sander is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Feeling man was launched in 1989. Top notes are fruity notes, lavender, green notes, tarragon, anise and bergamot; middle notes are cyclamen, raspberry, balsam fir, orris root, jasmine and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss, cedar and tobacco.

Fruity Notes Lavender Green Notes Tarragon Anise Bergamot

Cyclamen Raspberry Balsam Fir Orris Root Jasmine Geranium

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Cedar Tobacco

Atmysphere

Feeling man Fragrance Reviews

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I bought this when it came out in 1989 and it instantly became my signature as I always got tons of compliments whenever I wore it. It’s primarily a sweet woody tobacco peppery scent with a slight effervescent fruity/flowery vibe. While it has a lot going on, it was always soft and powdery on me, not a harsh note in it. I was heartbroken when it got discontinued and once, in like 1999, I saw a bunch at Nordstrom rack on clearance. Like an idiot I bought just one bottle… I’m still kicking myself. There will never be anything close to this masterpiece, I really wish the house of Jil Sander relaunches this. A standout classic.

My reading of Feeling Man is that it was a sort of prototype for Jil Sander Background. A potent mix of fruity notes and woody / ambery elements assembled around a classic oriental-fougerey bone structure. Sweet, potent and at traces overwhelming. Given when it was originally released, I think it was quite creative and while I respect both Jil Sander as a line and Feeling Man for what it represents, this gets just a *like*. No love.

usas
usas

Well done fragrance, but a bit boring.

Starts out totally different than its dry-down. The opening is not too appealing to me. It is a blend of a lot of notes and none of them stands out. Feeling Man is one of the few fragrances that doesn't start out fresh.
The dry down is warm, cozy, sweet. Pretty good actually. However, there is never any edgyness, which makes it a bit boring.

7,5/10

dreyfoose
dreyfoose

I tried this on its own, and then I did a fun experiment.

Try this with Silver Mountain Water or Al-Rehab Silver.
Just one/two sprays of Feeling Man on top of a full wearing of the SMW or ARS.

I find the tobacco and fruity notes interact really well with the aquatic and fruity notes in SMW/ARS and the result is divine..
Just wanted to know more opinions on this.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

More interesting than I first judged. I got a lot of fruity notes and musk for most of the opening. Nice but done a million times. Just when I was about to give up on it, things changed. Deeper into the heart I get the musk and sandalwood layered nicely over top of a somewhat ashy, musty tobacco. Reminds me of the tobacco in Aramis Havana.

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

This is an extraordinary fragrance both in composition and execution. It is also a peerless performer, is utterly unique and smells incredible.

It has never lost it's grip on modernity and would suit a man of distinction and impeccable style.

braindead83
braindead83

I came across this on ebay. Once seeing how much people were asking, i knew there was something to it.
Bought numerous smaller sample sized bottles to try it out, and wow.
This is a fragrance the likes of which I had not smelled before. It is warm, it is spicy, it changes my core temperature every time I smell it.

The opening is very bold, and manly, and grows on you quickly as you continue to take this scent into your nostrils. As it sits, it becomes more intriguing and opens up to a whole level of additional complexities I did not expect.
There is so much going on in this fragrance and it is such quality. You must find some and experience it.

if you don't want it, send it my way. I am happy to take it off your hands.

udrako
udrako

Excelent, hot and sexy fragrance! My favorite in 90´s.
Jil, bring back this!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Perhaps discontinued but still available in mini sizes for reasonable prices, Feeling Man is a rich sandalwood oriental with scads of tobacco, patchouli, raspberry, and juniper berry, all on a luscious sandalwood base. It does bear some similarities to Individuel as Bigsly mentioned, although Feeling is more natural, less cinnamon-heavy, and not nearly as sheer as Individuel. The tobacco note in Feeling is multi-faceted, that fruity-sweet kind of pipe tobacco that smells rich and dry, like potpourri. The underlying Australian sandalwood note is very woody and clean, and possesses sandalwood's signature creaminess. I suppose if you wanted to split hairs you could say it also bears a resemblance to Original Santal by Creed, but Feeling "feels" more original than anything else in the fresh oriental genre. Please Jil, do bring this back.

markushhamann
markushhamann

I can't describe the scent very well, but I recall it was one of my top 5 fragrances in the 90s. I wish I could find it again. I recall the scent as really wonderful, but had rather small sillage.

I did a dab sampling and basically got Individuel by Mont Blanc, perhaps with a slight hint of tobacco added. I'm not a fan of these kinds of fragrances so if you are, you may be able to detect more of a difference. Longevity didn't seem especially good, unlike Individuel, so I'll just stick with that one.

calina
calina

This is a one of a kind masculine fragrance that blends berries/dried fruits with very dry notes used in traditional male perfumery without ever veering towards girlish sweetness. It is definitely not for everyone. Even on cold days, only a small minority can pull this off without feeling conscious about its apparent fruit meets incense spiciness. Nevertheless, it is commendable that somebody made the effort to come up with a formula that is strikingly original and curiously appealing. It did not receive universal praise for its originality. But it had depth, complexity, great staying power, undeniable warmth and an air of niche-ness at an affordable price.

When Cotys swoop in, they promptly axed it because Feeling Man did not fit their corporate rule of cheap/fresh/oceanic/aquatic scents for men. In its place, dozens of new faceless Jil Sander launches crowded the shelves. Sadly, none of the new ones bearing Sander’s name came close to the only fragrance worth remembering.

To me, Feeling Man was one that stood out – an unexpected gem hidden inside its deceptively simple packaging.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Johngreenink really nailed it with the description of dry grape, but just underneath is one of the most fantistically blended herbal, woody moss bases I have ever smelled. It is by no means loud, but not undetectable either. There is a subtle smokiness that adds an incensy edge to this fragrance. I'm not sure I really am not in love with the fruity top (combination of grape and rasperry type smell, but not too sweet, very dry), but it serves as sort of a hook that makes this scent not only noticeable but very unique. One of the all time great bases. As you can see from how people have judged the notes, none of them really sticks out over the others. It is just a beautifully blended juice. RIP.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I'm also one of those folks who feels so sad to know this was discontinued... What a great scent this was. I recall the fantastic scent of dry grapes with which it began, and then drying down to a deeper woodier scent afterward. Alas, perhaps one day it will come back, it was truly wonderful.

iconoclast
iconoclast

A quite awesome fragrance...a great favourite of mine...one of the best of all time...sadly, all but impossible to find nowadays...callously discontinued...WHY?!!

masterbrush
masterbrush

For people who love this and look for a fragrance that is still in production and quite similar I can reccommend Calvin Klein Contradiction .

guest_playboy
guest_playboy

meinen Lieblingsduft"Feeling"kaufe ich als super Imitation bei [email protected]
Besser als das Original,weil es ein reines
Parfüm ist und dadurch sehr lange anhält.

guynspfld
guynspfld

Nothing smells as wonderful as Feeling Man does. I have worn it for years and have been lucky to come across bottles that still smell awesome. I have received so many compliments on this like none other. I wish they would bring it back!

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

I still wear this. It doesn't smell outdated in any way and I get the constant "what IS that you're wearing?" I'm almost out though and look for it regularly.

powerindoing
powerindoing

This is my favorite fragrance of all time. It is perfect for almost all situations and it is so sexy. The only time I have trouble with is is some really hot days in the summer it is too spicy. Too bad it was discontinued in 1993. the only thing I have found that even comes close to being similar to this scent is the Yankee Candle called midsummer night. and it is no where near as complex and wonderful.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jil Sander Feeling man fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jil Sander Feeling man, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Feeling man by Jil Sander. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Feeling man by Jil Sander represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.