Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Jil Jil Sander for women
dislike

cacao
Jil Jil Sander for women Pictures Jil Jil Sander for women Pictures

Jil by Jil Sander is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women. Jil was launched in 1997. The nose behind this fragrance is Gilles Romey. Top notes are lavender, violet, raspberry, mint, bergamot and red berries; middle notes are sandalwood, balsam fir, dark chocolate, vetiver, cedar and cacao; base notes are tonka bean, amber, vanilla and tobacco.

Lavender Violet Raspberry Mint Bergamot Red Berries

Sandalwood Balsam Fir Dark Chocolate Vetiver Cedar Cacao

Tonka Bean Amber Vanilla Tobacco

L'Orchidee
La Perla In Rosa Eau de Parfum

Jil Fragrance Reviews

Tussa
Tussa

I got this one some, some years ago, and based on the main accord, I would say; not my cup of coffee! But... those sweet and aromatic tones didn't bother me at all,it is quite unique and differentiate itself from tones of others. i can even feel vanilla (which I dislike), but in Jil, it just make the sense (maybe because it us not there:)
I used to wear it daily, and even now i have some leftovers, which I spray all over me with joyful. I like it in its unique way, and as it was my first Jil Sander perfume, it made me try other ones from Jil Sander. Now I love Pure for an every day purpose, always have some 30ml bottle somewhere,

viridian
viridian

I often buy scents when I travel to remind me of the holiday, or because that particular product is not available where I live. This is true of JIL which I picked up in San Francisco when it was released in '97. Wow, that's almost 20 years ago. I am not particularly a fan of gourmands but really liked this one at that time. I think it was the lavender, raspberry and chocolate combination that was so different from what I usually went for.

Tucked away in my closet is almost half a bottle in its original box. I hadn't worn it in years and felt compelled to experience it again. A couple of sprays on my arm revealed that it was in excellent condition for a bottle I had purchased 18 years ago. It's not something I would wear often now being too sweet for my current taste but I certainly admire the quality of the product that still smelled much like it did when I used it regularly. I'm surprised it's not still available - it's the type of sweet scent that is quite popular these days.

truffles
truffles

Sniffing this on my hand before looking at the listed notes - minty plastic? Is drying down now to something more woody but the plastic still overpowers. I could see this working much better on a man than on a woman. Tobacco a la the Body Shop Tobacco Flower (ah, I see that one isn't in the data base here, along with loads of other Body Shop's) one also coming through quite strongly. Overall I find this fragrance to smell disappointingly synthetic, although I'm sure the juice is in tiptop condition. Perhaps it's because I don't appreciate these particular notes and am therefore misinterpreteting them. This (original, not the modern one) Jil, I would certainly classify as a 'gourmand', in the mould of 'skin scent' - I can't detect any vanilla, more of which might have seduced me. I am in the UK and have a nearly full good-sized mini if anyone's interested.

Blue wolf
Blue wolf

The scent profile intrigued me, and when I saw a used bottle for sale online I bought it immediately. We all see the proliferation of fragrances that smell so similar they're difficult to tell apart; Jil is very unique. I love vetiver, vanilla, raspberry, tonka, chocolate and cedar and this scent has them all. Reading this description would lead you to believe that it would smell like a bad science experiment. Not at all! Initially it has a crisp masculine opening, I can pick out the lavender, mint and vetiver with a touch of chocolate. On my skin the heart has almost a musky character, a well blended soft cloud of scent. I detect elements in the scent profile coming to the fore and then drifting away. It's not all soft and sweet,I pick up red berries, bergamot, and lavender from time to time amidst the vanilla, sandalwood,cacao and violet. I'm hoping to pick up more woodsy notes in the dry down; even though it's a hour since I sprayed it I already know I love Jil. The downside is that it won't last long on my voracious fragrance devouring skin.
Jil is very different, and though I am not as experienced as others with extreme or niche fragrances; I find this is just the ticket for someone like me who adores the unusual. It's definitely a new favorite.

elph
elph

This was one of my first favorites as a proper adult, when I was going through a gourmand phase. It smelled just like a fresh baked sugar cookie on me. I kept thinking it smelled like an anise sugar cookie, in fact, even though to my knowledge there is no anise note in the perfume. Something about the way that the sweet gourmand notes mix with the more acerbic woody notes fooled my nose.

chialparo
chialparo

This perfume connected with what wanted in a daily perfume, for work. When I wear Jil I am feeling confident as I have access to my worldly pursuits as way is prepared in advance of my arrival with this influential, impressive, not too pretty scent. A thrill to wear.

Salis74
Salis74

Interesting to read that not everyone liked this perfume at first. The same thing happened to me. I actually thought the smell was terrible at first.... but after a while the little tester my sister gave me as a gift found its way to my nose more and more often. It took a while, but it was one of the best fragrances I have ever had. A few years ago I was able to get a bottle on Ebay, but that was it. I think this fragrance was completely discontinued. What a shame. Maybe Jil Sander plans a revival of this wonderful, very special scent.

Lilith Lyon
Lilith Lyon

This was one of my first perfume. I got it as a present from my German uncle when I was around 16. Couldn't stand it first because of the bitter after notes that lingered beneath the sweetness of the fragrance. Than for some reason I've grown to not just like it, but love it.
When I ran out of the small bottle I bought 2 bigger ones and used it always, every day. After I used those bottles,it got withdrawn from the shops and I was so-so sad - nothing could compare to Jil!
Recently I remembered these memories and searched for it online. To my shock I found one available bottle! Immediately I bought it - it smelt the same but I have changed now 15 years later. Still like it, but not too much any longer. Wear it, but don't really suit to me.

redparrot
redparrot

I really like this scent, it's my favorite. It's a very distinctive fragrance. Whenever I wear it, people ask what it is. I'm just sorry that it is discontinued. It's even getting harder to find on Ebay. Wish Jil would bring it back.

passionata20

I don´t know what happened but lately i have changed my opinion on some fragrances i hated or disliked before. "Jil" is now one of them.
Right below is my previous review for "Jil" and i explained why i disliked it. Today i am wearing it for a second time and i think this is a "one sniff from hate to love" type of fragrance for me. I liked it yesterday and love it today! It smells complelty different when sprayed on my skin during warmer season, than when i tried it during colder season. The chocolate notes with tonka bean are driving me crazy! This is an instant head-turner at the moment! Long lasting dark chocolate and light vanilla, nothing else really, those are just 2 notes i fully appreciate and enjoy here. Guess this will be one of my favorite summer time evening fragrances, but only during summer time!
Now i have learned my lesson that never say never and always give a second try :)

passionata20

I have purchased it based on a good reviews here and i absolutly do not like it!
For me it is like a men´s perfume, but not the best one. Very very sharp at the beginning it instantly scared me off so i puted it away for a while, thinking i will try it somedoay later. Then once again and again i wanted to test it but was still disgusted by it´s opening. Today i finally tried it on my skin. The very opening is like very citrus to me with some bitter notes dominanting (i guess that are red berries and cacao). Then after 10-15 min all i can smell is bitter cacao with vetiver mixed with some pine notes. It is not fresh citrus anymore. For me that kind of smell is really annoying in someway and since it has tobacco note in it, it just simply turns me off cause since i quitted smoking i cannot stand a scent of tobacco.
So what do we get? A sharply citrus at the beginning and bitter cacao with pine notes later. I do not smell any raspberries in it absolutly!
Staying power is average.
So for me it is very one-sided fragrance, that would better suit a manly man than a woman. But since Jil Sander was always very minimalistic in fashion it is no surprise then that the same is with the fragrances.

UPDATE: After 30 min all i can smell is dark choclate with a lightes hint of vanilla mix to it.
Still it smells like quite masculine to me and i do not like to wait that long for perfume to develope, by that time i will want to scrub it simply off.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every rewiev should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

kerini
kerini

A little bit on the weird side but I love this one!

First impression: somebody hit me in the head with a giant perfume bottle. Thankfully that lasts only for a few seconds.

Then I get berries with a hint of christmas tree.
It developes into deepest forest AND a rich floral-fruity bouquet. It's hard to imagine those two side by side but it smells truly amazing. Very fresh but sweet and playful at the same time.
An hour later the woods step up and I get the vanilla.
Slowly the remains of the top notes fade away to be replaced by vetiver and tonka bean with hints of something woody-smoky, amber and vanilla.

It's a shame that it doesn't last longer, after only 4 hours it's pretty much gone. I can't remember if it had more staying power when the bottle was new. I really wish they would bring it back!

guest_rebicat
guest_rebicat

Hi...can somebody help me to find this perfume please please pleaSE..................................THANKS

zis
zis

This was the first perfume I ever bought, and I still love it today. It's discontinued unfortunately (can't understand why), so I was very happy when I got the chance to buy two big tester bottles on ebay, now I can have it with me a little longer...

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Loaded with vanilla! Too much vanilla for me but very pretty but not for me to ware so I used it as a fabric refresher on my bed. If I like something but don't like it on my skin then I use it as a fabric scent on my bed. One of my bizaar ways of using my scent to its fullest advantage-its better than sitting on a shelf!

jorjick

i agree with you tra! i wish also! i have a empty bottle and time after time i smell her. good memories, good sweet scent, with this perfume i had unforgetable period in my life!!!!!!!

guest_Helena
guest_Helena

My alltime favorite ... which I really hated, when I first smelled it. But I just couldn't forget the unique scent and got back to it more and more often until I started loving it. I think they discontinued JIL and I was at least able to get a bottle through ebay. Not sure if it still exists .... :-(

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jil Sander Jil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jil Sander Jil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jil by Jil Sander. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jil by Jil Sander represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.