Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Jil Jil Sander for women

Jil Jil Sander for women
dislike

Jil Jil Sander for women Pictures Jil Jil Sander for women Pictures

Jil by Jil Sender arrives on the market in August 2009. Its cover face will be Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, known for her advertising campaigns for Mango and Restoration of the Monarchy denim brand, as well as the face of Tom Ford's Black Orchid. Julia Reiston-Roitfeld is daughter to Carine Roitfeld, editor of French magazine Vogue.

The fragrance is described as elegant, feminine and floral in the beginning, with warm, mysterious accords of vanilla and amber in the finish.

Top notes will enchant you with passionate pink pepper blended with mandarin and lavender. A heart shows lily, iris and heliotrope, while a base is composed of vanilla, musk and ambergris. Jil was created by Olivier Polge and Bruno Jovanovic.

Pink Pepper Lavender Tangerine

L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme

Jil Fragrance Reviews

goldeneraglamour
goldeneraglamour

An underrated perfume. Complex. Interesting take on heliotrope with what I presume is the pink pepper. The lavender helps to differentiate it as well. Borderlines unisex to me. Reminded me slightly of Ellen Tracy Bronze (perhaps due to the shared heliotrope + amber + citrus notes).

hnica
hnica

Just another powdery vanilla. Actually, a pastel vanilla. Safe, pretty, understated. No alarms and no surprises...

It is more powdery than I remember it, it is very feminine, a bit boozy also, and different...very much a winter scent I think...for me, the powdery thing just is a bit much. so not for me...very few Jil Sander have worked well for me, they lack some excitement, I find them a bit flat, and just boring..,
I think though on the right chemistry it would be lovely.

starvega
starvega

The slight woodiness gives this vanilla a really grown up feeling. Decent sillage and it feels very cosy - very slightly Kenzo Amour-ish. Slightly synthetic but there are definitely worse culprits for this. Overall really great for the price!

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

JIL seems very peppery modern and rather sweet perfume of a great quality. Reminds me a lot of Maubousin (femme)edp. I can detect a strong musk along with woods which make this one very feminine. My first Jil Sander perfume bough blindly and I like it a lot. The sillage and longevity both above average.

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

Gorgeous, I cannot add anything to what's been said here. I will just make sure this beauty will always have its place amongst my favourite perfumes.
Jil makes me feel very happy and feminine. And as far as I know it's not been discontinued :-)

shushkin
shushkin

I cant believe it! I think I have found my most favourite perfume. Please believe that this really is saying something when you havean enormous perfume collection like mine. All my favourite notes of heliotrope, vanilla, amber and lavender beautifully brought together to create my idea of perfume perfection. THe sillage is moderate and the longevity moderate.

auroramaria

I revisited Jil few days ago after a few months break an I must say this is an outstanding fragrance rich warm and sophisticated vanilla amber and heliotrope make it creamy and sweet but not candy like, and there's a touch of lavander mixed perfectly in the composition.
Jil will leave a trail of pure goodness as you walk by.
I've been asked many times about my perfume and been complimented while wearing Jil so def a keeper

bananas
bananas

I just received my online purchase of a 30ml sized bottle of Jil.

Although it is not a listed note, I do get a sweet leathery tobacco in the dry down.
This is a very warm & comforting creamy vanilla & amber floral just as most reviews have stated.
To me...it smells divine & luxurious. & it LASTS.
Stunning!

LULUBELLEFISHER
LULUBELLEFISHER

I like Jil. I get a chocolate smell. It's long lasting. My first Jil Sander fragrance.

pacciosa
pacciosa

I agree to Goldfinch, this one is a good perfume but Style is the best, initially jil is too strong lavender, identical to Chloe eau de fleurs lavander...yes base notes are similar to style, but in the complexion Style is perfect!! I don't like this one very much!
mhhh....after a while and sniff and sniff..i agree it's a beautiful perfume! soft creamy and sweet like a young woman, near to the skin when the initial lavender goes out

lirael00
lirael00

Jil Sander Jil truly is a gem. What a sensual fragrance that is. For me it's musky vanilla and it gives me this image of warm summer nights. Drydown is a creamy and luxurious. It's really pleasant to wear and it makes you feel comfortable in your own skin.

Clyn11
Clyn11

Pink Pepper and Heliotrope lovers will enjoy this very much! Nice powdery and good longevity :) Autumn/Winter scent.

I saw this one in a duty-free in Frankfurt not long ago.
I tried it again, it was second or third time.
I knew that I liked it but was not love.
It's a pleasant warm floral vanilla, easy wear yet conforting with style. Nothing original here, just a modern fragrance in a fashionable yet knowing way.
Nothing pops out too strong. The overall effect is that of a pleasant feminien scent that can be smelled on many ladies around in everyday life, not offending if not overdone, quite familiar and not subtle.
I can see how this one can appeal the German taste for perfume because it smells both feminine and distinct, not overtly sexual. It can be worn together with a balck suit at workplace and after work for a drink with co-workers.
Longlasting.

Julia25
Julia25

Sensual, warm, comforting. Beautiful consonance of lavender and vanilla. This fragrance dresses me up in cold days and gives me impression of soft cashmere sweater. Wearing Jil makes me feel confident and very feminine.

auroramaria

Missk: sadly this gorgeous perfume has been discontinued!
I love it and have stocked up also on the body lotions!!
Jil is quite unique, so comforting and warm even sensual,lasts a long time too.
Like all the really good fragrances this had to be pulled off the shelves! Shame indeed!
Get a few bottles while you can.

Jil by Jil Sander is such a pleasant surprise. To be honest, I really didn't expect much. I had fobbed this fragrance off as being a typical fresh, 'pink' floral. I'm now happy to admit that my assumptions had been very wrong.

Jil is a sweet, powdery fragrance. Heliotrope is the most dominant note to my nose, followed by warm vanilla, orris root and white musk. In my experience, heliotrope can often smell nutty and delicious when used in perfume. In the past I've mistaken heliotrope for the scent of sugared almonds.

In many ways Jil reminds me of Alexander McQueen's My Queen. Despite the fact that My Queen has a unique violet opening, its drydown is very powdery and foody, not unlike Jil's drydown. I enjoy both of these fragrances equally.

There are rumours going around that Jil may be discontinued very soon. I really hope that is not the case. This is one of the better mainstream fragrances on the market today, and that's saying a lot.

The lavender is almost non-existent in Jil's composition. I smell it only slightly in the drydown, however it's not nearly as aromatic as I thought it would be. What I get from this fragrance is an enveloping sense of warmth and femininity.

The sillage is surprisingly powerful, as is the longevity. I would recommend Jil for the cooler months, however I'd also be game enough to wear it during Spring as well. I highly recommend.

Anywho
Anywho

Jil is a smooth and slightly powdery liquorice scent to my nose. No hard edges in here. It is a very nice everyday scent which has medium sillage, excellent longevity and stays quite linear when sprayed on clothes (which is how I wear all my fragrances). It is a fantastic alternative to Lolita Lempicka. I love L L but in the subtropical climate I live in, it can be a bit much at times, especially in summer. I have looked for a long time to find something similar to L L that I can enjoy all year round. Jil is it. Jil has an unobtrusive presence that speaks up every now and then as if to say, "Hey, I'm still here you know!". Quite the right thing for casual and office wear. It is not a big statement perfume but who would want that everyday? It could become quite exhausting.

I don't know why I find the Jil Sanders' s fragrances so un -distinctive and formal, they don't do anything for me, they are soft, plain, one dimensional.That brand just isnt doing anything for me. I can see they would work good for ladies who like softer scents with a serious edge. Just too flat.

tanjuska76
tanjuska76

just get it,amazing smells...

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Jil is one my best blind buys. I don't find it particularly heavy (but beware Alien is not that heavy to me)... I may be wrong to think it is a bit masculine at the beginning but I mostly smell lavender and red pepper, with a touch of vanilla. I love these notes in men's fragrances.Then it becomes warmer and more powdery when heliotrope develops, leaving a sensual sillage behind you . Very enthralling, comforting and seductive.
I don't like the bottle plastic side parts though... they look cheap. But who cares when the fragrance is so well-made and captivating!

dkny27
dkny27

Girly girl.... This is all peppery, powdery, vanilla and it is just plain pretty.... It is fragrant and great for cooler weather, I think "holidays"... but this would work all winter; mostly because of the heavier notes this carries...
It fills the air around you and lasts quite a long time.... It is true to the notes listed above...

smellysmellycat

Jil is a fragrance that can change your mood.

Its powdery Patchouli notes surround you and makes you feel sexy. It has a very moderate sugar smell to it. Its ideal for cold days, day and night. I think its more suitable for ages above 23.

When i smell jil, it makes me want to wear a black cashmere pullover on a winter day and hug my boyfriend while looking through the window to the snowy scene out there, feeling warm and loved.

I want this smell to last forever but unfortunately it does not last that long. I can hardly smell it after 5 hours. It doesnt have a powerful sillage as well.

Wonderful scent. Opens up a bit softpeppery/flowery. Soft and elegant on my skin. At base I can smell ambergris, musk, iris - really a beautiful mix. I can't detect any Lavender or Mandarin. Jil is not a modern sugarsweet scent but it has an airy sweetnes. I can't say its powdery, not on my skin. A great every-day-scent!

Underbar doft. Öppnar lite mjukpepprigt/blommigt. Mjuk och elegant på min hud. I basnoten känner jag amber, musk och Iris -riktigt fin mix. Jag kan inte känna Lavender eller Mandarin-noter alls. Jil är inte en modern sockersöt doft men den har ändå en luftig sötma. Jag tycker inte den är pudrig alls på min hud. En suverän varje-dag-doft.

ladyimmortelle
ladyimmortelle

I dislike most of Sander's fragrances, but wow. This is just wow. Pretty floral, pretty sensual, pretty creamy. Pretty much.. One of my favourite scents.

gigi_os
gigi_os

I was attracted to it because, it was a bit darker, musky flowery fragrance, but then i realized that after half an hour, the only thing that you smell is an awfuly hard, anoying and dull smell of iris, combined with sad vanilla and musk. Everything in this parfume makes me feel depressed, so I choose not to wear it. Not for me.

Nursie
Nursie

This was a perfect scent on my wedding day. Sadly my dad passed away a year later but when I spray this now it brings back wonderful memories :)

evacecilias
evacecilias

I was really surprised with this one, tried it at an airport recently and loved it!
I knew I had to have it!
It starts with a somewhat sharp pepper note that actually stays through all the fases, but not harsh at all.
The rest of the notes gives you a creamy wonderful embrace that lingers and tease, with a sofisticated smell !! The heart reveals heliotrope which is really beautiful and the base is vanilla and a very nice and a little sweet musk ! Very powdery and lovely base.
I would call this a soft, spicy, light oriental.

Play it again - Jil !
Nobody puts Jil in a corner !
Go ahead, Jil - make my day !

vialon3
vialon3

Very feminine. The EDP is a creamy, soft powder with a loyal vanilla base. Great on cold, winter days. Gives a cozy feeling. Begins with a nice blend of Heliotrope and Lily then mellows out. There is a "ghost" of something interesting around the edge; maybe the pepper? Anyway, the drydown is good and the sillage stays close by. The EDP remains loyal and lasts most of the day. The vanilla is delicate and sweet but not sickening like some others. Yes, I am talking about you Chloe. JIL is my current perfume choice. The weather is cold outside and this perfume is comforting.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I love this one :) Very sexy fragrance for this winter .. yummi

Bellamare
Bellamare

Jil - another beautiful scent by Olivier Polge. Got a feeling, that this gentleman knows, what women want to wear :) Every time I wear this one - I fly in the skies made of Iris with the clous made of Vanilla. Very delicious journey!

SheShe
SheShe

I like the fragrance very much. I've decided I have too many bottles of perfume and cut my collection down to about 13-14 bottles (of course I still have lots of perfume in common, minor sprays - I've left some mililitres for me :) ) And I leave a bottle of "Jil" - it's among these 14 bottles.

That's why I like it very much:
it's a warm and positive smell - it smells great during cold days, such a hugger :)The beginning is peppery and bubble gum-ish, something like a funny girl/woman in a good humour going to party :) (The bottle is also party/disco - lookalike in my opinion). As I usually don't like lily in fragrances, this one does great, it isn't sad. Jil is powdery and thick and has a good lasting power. In the end when amber comes into play, though I can feel it from the beginning, becomes strong and I like amber in perfumes very much.

It really has something in common with My Insolence and L'Instant Magic (thickness, powderiness).

chowchow41
chowchow41

I really like tis one. I bought it blind after reading the notes in it and i have no regrets. The iris, lavander, vanilla and amber i smell the most wich I love.
It is a fresh tiny sweet scent but not powdery. I like it a lot I can't stop sniffing myself.

henny73
henny73

I feel soo pretty in this scent ... absolutely love it ... very delicious

GuarDs_OF_AqiDaH
GuarDs_OF_AqiDaH

it's a really beautiful perfum, u can feel it's from this kind of perfums which ur nose ask for it again & you are able to smell many times without stop. it's sexy femme perfume. I smell it with my wife both of us we like it. she die on it. in fact I hoped she didn't smell it ^^ coz I need to buy it for her next time :'(

pauluch3
pauluch3

I sprayed Jil on my wrist and I got lavender sweetened by vanilla and heliotrope, and powdery drydown. It's feminine and quite relaxing. It reminds me of SJP Covet a bit.

This is too sweet and too flowery for me. I see young girls with this. It's playful and powdery. It ends very vanillary and fades away after around 3 or 4 hours on my skin. Somehow it reminds me of the ending of Code Armani or L'instant Magic. Currently I'm not into gourmands , so this is too sweet and playful for me. It's not a bad or strong gourmand, but just too sweetish and too lovely :)

Jennyke
Jennyke

I adore this scent,agree with orangepoppy-its so so creamy and sensual,nice,florally.Amazing

caitlina
caitlina

I really enjoy this scent but I wish it lasted longer. Only five hours later and I barely smell it. Nonetheless it's quite pleasant while it lasts.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

For me it's a mix of Jil Sander Style and L'Instant Magic. The beginning is quiet strong, spicy, but later it becomes more powdery, sweeter and warmer and I like it then. Basenotes are the same as in Style. The sillage is pretty good and it's long lasting. Nice, but I prefer Style to this one.

delphine67
delphine67

I love this one, it develops in a warm and powdery scent. sure can smell the heliotrope, pepper and vanilla,On the background theres the mandarin, iris, lavender and musk. The drydown gives a spicy heliotrope and vanilla on my skin.
very feminin perfume

guest_pearlofthenight
guest_pearlofthenight

Im jealous of everyone else who can smell flowers from this, because all I can smell is Play Doh and pepper.

Sabriel
Sabriel

Wow, this does smell exactly like Play Doh on me. I tried it today thinking it would be a wonderful musky floral and for the rest of the day smelt like Play Doh. My husband was with me too and totally agreed.

I'm not sure if it's a bad thing though. This is a fragrance I don't really have any opinion on either way. This might smell wonderful on someone else but unfortunately doesn't work for me.

sannestuur
sannestuur

@guest_ocean pearl: my thought exactly, childhood sundaymornings, baked eggs and blue playdoh-spaghetti

guest_ocean pearl
guest_ocean pearl

I dunno why, but to me this smells alot like Play Doh and pepper..

guest_Drajkusa
guest_Drajkusa

OPvo je najdivniji parfem na cijelom svjetu.... Ja ga naprosto obožavam.....To je moja ljubav..... Samo ga u mojoj drzavi slabo mozes naći, a i kad ga nađeš, onda je jakooooo skup....:)

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Charming floral without depth (seems heavy only at the beginning). The most prominent note here is creamy and smooth lily (without the "air" like in Gold by Donna Karan).
I would place the scent to the same category as Bright Crystal by Versace: it lacks character (which somehow irritates me) but really addictive. Whenever you smell it around, you want to sniff it vigorously again and again.
Catching in a feminine way.
No special sillage detected but on closer inspection it's rather persistent, so the longevity is good.
P.S. I love how it sounds on my clothes two days after, with more depth actually.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

hell, when i first spritz this to try, i thought immediately, this smells like a lighter version of Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier!!!!!!! I did quick compare ingredients and INDEED in the top and middle note there are the same and some similar ingredients and the base is completaly identic! my nose never failes ;o)
gosh, as i love Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier and there was nothing to compare with it so far, i m indeed very pleased to have now this one.
this is fabulous for summer! Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier is sweeter and heavier because of ginger and plum and the opulent orchid in the midle note, almost recomended for colder weather or nightwear. but the new Jil ist just perfect for springtime and daytime wear. longlasting too!

SPOILEDnose
SPOILEDnose

amazing soft touching sexy feminin thing, good lasting power, a lil expensive:( if u wanna feel like a feminin godess just try it!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Jil is heavy floral at the beginning with dominant lily and iris notes. Vanilla is moderately accentuated, making the opening strong and powdery.

I didnt quite like the top notes, but the base notes are captivating. Musky, powdery, deep and somehow spicy. It is a scent with great strength and lasting power, so I would say perfect for winter wear. It reminds me on Guerlain L`Instant Magique.

Jil is modern and opinionated frag. I liked it a lot!

Jil is heavy floral at the beginning with dominant lily and iris notes. Vanilla is moderatly accentuated, making the opening strong and powdery.

I didnt quite like the top notes, but the base notes are captivating. Musky, powdery, deep and somehow spicy. It is a scent with great strenght and lasting power, so I would say perfect for winter wear. It reminds me on Guerlain L`Instant Magique.

Jil is modern and opinionated frag. I liked it a lot!

smellysmellycat

I liked it a lot actually. Not so spicy but warm. Reminds me of Gucci eau de Parfum. Can be a good choice for the winter. I'll consider that :)

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

It's a creamy, yet light vanilla scent. Nothing special, but easy to wear. Also reminds me a lot of Obsession Night, but this one is a bit warmer. And the bootle looks wonderful! Like an art object. Depicts the fragrance at it's best: simple, easy, comforting, pleasant.
Oh, and the main basenote is sth like beeswax. Smells like these hand-rolled candles. Great! No powder, no faint flowers anymore.

Elumina
Elumina

JIL by Jil Sander, is a heavy floral but also powdery scent, espescially in the drydown. I guess, i feel much of the Lily at the beginning, which is just to heavy for my nose, but after a few hours, its very pretty and easy to wear, but still noticeable. Its a creamy vanilla drydown, with some powdery notes of Iris and heliotrope. The lasting power is pretty good, i think a few drops of it will be enough. Suits well for day and night wear.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jil Sander Jil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jil Sander Jil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jil by Jil Sander. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jil by Jil Sander represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.