Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman Jil Sander for women
dislike

aldehydic
leather

Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman by Jil Sander is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman was launched in 1981. The nose behind this fragrance is Evelyne Boulanger. Top notes are aldehydes and cranberry; middle notes are iris, may rose and jasmine; base notes are musk, caramel, woodsy notes, vetiver and suede.

Aldehydes Cranberry

Jil Sander Eve

Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman Fragrance Reviews

schamberae
schamberae

The very first sprits was similar to K de Krizia..aldehyde queen and powdery. After few minutes, the Empress landed.. LANVIN ARPEGE. Sooo mature and beautiful. Masterpiece. My kind of perfume. Guess it's not for everyone's taste but somehow it gives you an ellegant scent, yes..you'll smell like an Empress
Well Done

Eugirlsniffs
Eugirlsniffs

Oh my, what a beautiful scent! I can smell sophisticated flowers and enough musk so that it makes it very special. Not overpowering, stays close to skin. Simple perfection. It does not remind me of any of today's popular perfumes. It's very unique and is in its own class.

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

I purchased this fragrance today. What a sophisticated fragrance. From the first spritz this seemed to land cleanly on my skin. It softens from the original clean aldehidic smell and settles into the most wonderful woody floral chypre. Agree with littleRed, the white bottle is perfect, an artful piece of timeless style. The art lies in the packaging, from the box, to the bottle, full of wait and substance right through to the fragrance. I think I found my new summer signature scent, relieved only by Bvlgari Rose Essential, or Estee Lauder White Linen and perhaps Bvlgari Eau de Blanc and on days when needed, Jaipour Bracelet by Boucheron. Otherwise this is my summer scent. A fragrance surrounding the wearer like a white cloud, though with the warmth of springtime roses and the sophistication of suede and loads of style always speaking in its well modulated understated less-is-more tone. Long live SCENT 79 Jill Sander: NEVER. REFORMULATE.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Feminine light, clean, floral-suede scent. Little bit of iris, jasmine, suede and cedar.
Pleasant and multi/frequent-wear.
It smells like shower clean.
Likeable for my taste buds.
Up to 3 hours; soft and close to skin fragrance

LittleRed
LittleRed

This is a sophisticated, minimalist fragrance for those who enjoy subtle chypres. White is a very fitting colour for the bottle, which is solid and heavy - a bit of an art piece in my opinion, and is in keeping with the minimalist theme. It's quite stylish in a timeless sort of way.

The perfume continues this classic feel. It's very smooth, chic, and contemporary. The fruit and florals are very dry, tart, not sweet, but they are there. The suede and woody notes give the fragrance its depth and lasting power.

Overall, it is subtle but people will definitely notice it on you. It's very smooth and smells clean - in a new leather kind of way.

I find it similar to Trussardi for Women, sharing its powdery, leather, and woody qualities, but without the spice, and with subtler florals.

glitterlust
glitterlust

It's much lighter and more delicate than I was expecting but nonetheless a very fine scent. White is the perfect colour for the bottle. In the opening the aldehydes shine and I do pick up the cranberry note. It's not fresh and fruity but dry and crisp. There's a hint of green from the peach leaves.

It becomes a little sweeter and flattens out with the rose and jasmine but again these are very delicate. Once the base settles down the scent has a precise sillage, just enough to be noticed but not over the top. It becomes soft and suedey with a little wood and musk.

I think this should work for spring summer. Overall it's a strong nude scent that works perfectly at evoking 79 without being dated.

I found this scent hardly discernible. To me it was like a light cranberry scent. I couldn't find much in it.

delphine67
delphine67

Opens with sharp aldehydes, orris and jasmine.
The scent it very strong after applying. I can't detect any cranberry in this stage. The dry down is woody I can smell the vetyver and suede. Its has some similarity with Woman 2 but this one is more woody.
I tested the vintage 79 and to me its a very classic smell.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jil Sander Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jil Sander Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman by Jil Sander. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman by Jil Sander represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.