Designers » I-K » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Sensations Jil Sander for women

Sensations Jil Sander for women
dislike

Sensations Jil Sander for women Pictures Sensations Jil Sander for women Pictures

Sensations by Jil Sander is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Sensations was launched in 2000. Sensations was created by Nathalie Lorson and Alain Astori. Top notes are mandarin orange, raspberry and bergamot; middle notes are orange blossom and jasmine; base notes are tonka bean, amber, musk and cedar.

Mandarin Orange Raspberry Bergamot

Orange Blossom Jasmine

Tonka Bean Amber Musk Cedar

Sensations Fragrance Reviews

8691ikim
8691ikim

very feminine soft and creamy oriental vanilla very pleased to have it...

Germany
Germany

Smooth and sweet. Loved it. Strawberry and amber. My favorites!!!! Great soft daytime. Not weak though. Good quality. .

emedece89
emedece89

I got this as a gift, it's not my type of fragrance. it's too sweet for my taste, but the funny thing is that whenever I use it I get a lot of compliments. Also, this is one of the very few sweet- spicy perfumes that doesn't give me a headache, so I can use it sometimes at night. :)

By now I got this scent as a gift. It was one of the quickest fed ups I ever had. First of all the orangey-creamy note gave me some sort of headache everytime I tried the scent. Then I really had to use a lot to detect the scent at all. Also the slight masculine note in the beginning was too disturbing for me. I tossed the last bit of it away.

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

this stuff is amazing. i was lucky enough to get a 50ml bottle for 40 bucks and it was soooooo worth it. soft and sexy. without being offensive at all. if you can find it get it

Soie
Soie

If I sniff hard I seem to be able to pick up something vaguely reminiscent of the smell of cornflakes, but that's about it for the milk & cereal effect. Mosstly I just think I'm imagining it anway.

What I do smell is mostly amber, lavender and a trace of cinnamon. The lavender (often unlisted, though some sites do acknowledge its inclusion) is what gives the fragrance its "balmy" and "herbal" effects. (I've used its essential oil for years; I know the stuff when I smell it.)

Sensations is an OK fragrance, but the listed notes are somewhat misleading -- especially in that it supposedly smells of milk and cereal, when it really does not.

chialparo
chialparo

Must be careful when wearing it. It is too sexy for most occasions. The perfumed lotion used as a hand cream can distract if reaching to the front seat. A little embarrassing.

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

I thought for years Jil Sander is not wearable. Just because of No.4, the only one I knew. Thanks God they've release this fall Eve, which is very nice for rainy weather. So I decided to give Jil some more tries and I've stumbled over Sensations.
It smells to me very soft indeed and I can't recognise individual notes, which is IMO a sign for a good blend. And I'm quite happy to say: yes, I smell definite musks inside, but they disappear so fast in the drydown, that they don't disturb me. That's a very good sign, as I can't bear the most meaty musks and they spoil me a lot of perfume joy :((
Well, for a german creation not bad, a bit too obvious and linear, no comparison with some french compositions, that develop mostly (e:g., Guerlain's) several levels. All in all very wearable and even recomforting. Long lastin too, it gets even better in time.

gabrielamisa
gabrielamisa

It's just perfect. So soft and milky,just like a cuddle

Jil Sander apparently made a huge number of fragrances but very few I could smell since they cannot be found where I live. Among the ones I could sniff along years there is Sensations, now not available here, but I still have samples. I remember going around in shops once and suddenly I smelled a wonderful cosy warm but lively smell! I identify the weare and luckily it was a lady with a sociable attitude so I asked her what it was! She said: "Jil Sander Sensations!" I ran to a perfume shop and it was still available at that time. I bought a very small bottle and worn it for a while. It is a very confortable scent with a pleasant oriental base. The card of my sample says: nettle flower, milk/cereal, amber/balms, warm wood. Now, the listed notes here are different. Anyway Sensations smells like a cosy, warm, sheer oriental, highly wearable, vaguely similar to old Cacharel Gloria but less invadent. I enjoyed smelling it on my skin and it wasn't so projecting. It probably changes according to the wearer. Staying power is not so bad, but it's a scent the stays quite close to my skin. I would recommend this one for daywear, casual but warm in a chilly fall day. Very feminine and sensual too.

puppynose
puppynose

not her best- the fruit notes combine to create a bland peach like accord with a bland vanilla-ish base. Not offensive, it's ok.

I was wondering some time whether to get it since it could be a nice office and daytime scent. After test-spraying it several times I was still unsure. The staying power was ok. In the beginning its' slightly masculine and herbal which made me refrain. The drydown is nicer and a little creamy and milky. All in all it's a gentle creamy scent that doesn't hurt anyone. But then again you could just simply wear no scent. I'm currently undecisive whether skin-scents are something for me or not.

Siv55
Siv55

I was in a perfume shop in Gran Canaria (go to canary islands if you are perfume-aholic, you might find your fave discontinued somewhere!) and the assistant sprayed some on a card and I just took it out of politeness.But for the rest of the day I couldn't stop smelling it. I went back the next day and bought it. This is my desert island perfume I would choose above all others. It's milky, almondy vanilla, kind of fresh warm skin like and yet more than that. I can't praise this highly enough. Luca Turin disses this in his book and says it's not memorable but thats exactly what I find in it. I remember what this smells like. It distinguishes itself but doesn't shout. It's my perfect one x

twillocks
twillocks

OMG!!! that is all I know to say. Insane are all of her scents this wonderful!!!! I love it, spicy vanilla, light and soft!!! I can't wait to get a BIG BOTTLE as I only got a mini bottle!! today.

juliane
juliane

It's a true skin scent which melts on your skin to a creamy, airy scent in which no note stands out so I could detect it.
It has a totally relaxed mood, like lying in silk underwear on your couch. It reminded me also of the warm vanilla smell of my mothers skin I loved so much when I was small child.

But it's more than this, it has the perfect sweetness and neutral warmth, like sun warmed skin, it isn't too floral neither too fruity and has a certain decent freshness which makes it a very sexy scent in my opinion.
I think guys must love this, I will test it on my boyfriend soon...

Elumina
Elumina

I never tested this perfume, because i found the bottle so aweful, but well i read so good reviews about it and it was making me curious, so needed to test it. Im talking about the EDT of Sensations, because i heard that it should smell better than the EDP. Tested it on my wrist and first i got a mix of citrus+vanilla, very creamy and soft, changes in a one of the most beautiful sweet, cuddly vanilla scents i've ever smelled, just comforting and alluring too. So a must try for all vanilla-lovers, the lasting power is amazing, lasts on me like 15 hrs. ...happy sniffing!!

Edit:
Now as i have a bottle i need to mention that the bottle isnt that aweful, the juice isnt that dark as in the picture it has a soft skin tone!

kittymoon
kittymoon

The bottle designer did the smell justice, it smells round, soft, gentle, naked and calming. I like VioletLily's description of milk an cereal. But don't forget the honey ;)

pmihova
pmihova

Sensations is quite pleasant, although not very powerful perfume. Opening notes smell very "clean" to me, in a good way. Then the smell plunges into green notes, not cedar, but something that smells more like juniper. (I used to have juniper body massage oil and I am familiar with the smell). I do not detect vanilla or Tonka Beans, it all fades away too quick. Too bad.

to me it smells very similar to so many perfumes I know,but still it's different.
at the first sniff I get strong pear note.I don't see any pear in the notes here,but that's how I can describe it.it's very similar to burberry brit and curious by britney,but it's lighter than brit and it's less fruity than curious.
then it comes to heart notes which is warm,a bit woodsy with the dominant almond,tonka bean note.I really believe it has something in common with burberry brit.
by the way this is very very light,to the extend that sometimes I can't feel that I've wore a perfume at all!the long lasting power is not very good neither.
n the end it's very nice for vanilla,almond lovers and has nothing much in common with the name "sensation".

allexa27
allexa27

I bought it today and I am so pleased,There is something sexy in it ,something very similar to By by D&G when it is on my skin.try it and u will see what I am talking about.I love it!...

ktv0926
ktv0926

I tried it today and i have to say though it is a very nice fragrance, there's definately nothing sensational about it:) Just pleasant scent. The bottle is nice and simple as well.

VioletLily
VioletLily

Before I tell you my thoughts on this lovely fragrance, I'll tell you a quick story about the bottle in which this gorgeous amber liquid lives.

It’s beautifully rounded and softly white frosted glass with the spray built into the bottle and tilted to the side. The lid is actually the spray part, so you don’t take that off…but my friend when testing it thought it should be pulled off like any old lid, and did so! After that, I could never really get it back on correctly. I should have known better to keep it upright, as one day it completely leaked out into my makeup bag…well, at least my bag smelt amazing! So, be careful with that bottle.

I have digressed a tad too far…This is a wonderful fragrance. It's warm and oh so comforting and I think, kind of alluring too. I also, like to wear it in "relaxed mode", but it's also lovely for work.

To my nose, it’s fresh and soft at the same time. A gorgeous variation on vanilla with a slight citrusy top note, which melts into that lovely vanilla, with that touch of something extra. Could be the milk and cereal bit, though it's not really like milk and cereal. It’s comforting all the same!

vertigo
vertigo

relaxing, modest and simultaneously intriguing :)

fontanelle
fontanelle

i had it for years and loved it but it doesn't really have a good staying power

Sensations by Jil Sander 4.08 out of 5 based on 224 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jil Sander Sensations fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jil Sander Sensations, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sensations by Jil Sander. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sensations by Jil Sander represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.