Designers » I-K » Aromatic « Groups

Ultrasense Jil Sander for men

Ultrasense Jil Sander for men
dislike

herbal
Ultrasense Jil Sander for men Pictures Ultrasense Jil Sander for men Pictures Ultrasense Jil Sander for men Pictures

The new masculine fragrance from Jil Sander comes out in late September 2013 and is named Ultrasense. Ultrasense scent is described by character of a Jil Sander man: a man of inner strength who is lead by his intuition and instincts, a man who radiates unobtrusive confidence and special, restrained sort of seduction.

The fragrance is elegant and fresh aromatic - spicy. It opens with freshness of bergamot, black pepper and berries from Madagascar. The heart features sage and fir resin, followed by the base of white musk.

Sean O'Pry is the advertising face of the fragrance. The fragrance is available as 40, 60 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Bergamot Black Pepper Pink Pepper

Sage Fir Resin

White Musk

Ultrasense Fragrance Reviews

REMY-DIAMONDS
REMY-DIAMONDS

My first review!! A very light and refreshing scent! Good for everyday wear! To light and linear for me! But still a very nice sweet fresh fragrance! Reminds me of zirh fragrance!

Aramis64
Aramis64

Read the reviews above, so not even going to try this one but...a typical German scent? Anybody knows Wolfgang Joop! Hahahaha. You can´t compare the two, Jil and Joop, so I think there ís nothing such as a ´German scent´.

kingderella
kingderella

Reminds me of Euphoria for Men by Calvin Klein, which I own and love. The next time I run out of Euphoria, I'll test the two side by side, to see which one is better.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Just another generic frag. Some musks that leave an impression of washing powder freshness paired with bergamot. When the Bergamot fades the herbal and woody smell of fir and sage come through (and some other herbal notes maybe, as the sage seems to be there but not to strong but masked a bit with something else). The pepper is so minimal that it can´t give character to the composition.
Boring, as mentioned by others before. But inoffensive, save and an everyday scent for work. But after all, still boring, nothing that the market has waited for. And nothing for me for sure.

But typically German? I don´t even know what a typical German perfume would smell like. Maybe 4711? I don´t think so. Molecule 01? Even less. I can´t find something typical German in perfume world. But if there would be one, it would definitely not be this one. Ultrasense has just a generic drugstore fragrance vibe to me, could be done in any other western country.

P.S.: the name doesn´t fit at all. The only thing 'ultra' in this one is it´s to common, to generic appearance. ultracommon or ultrageneric would have made better names.

Sorry Jil Sander, but you didn´t do best this time.

usas
usas

Received a sample from a Douglas store.
Tried it yesterday and today,

Really? Why would a company go through the hassle of putting this on the market? There is literally nothing about it I like. Boring, unremarkable. The world doesn't need this!

Tough I am curious of what kind of people buy this fragrance!

bronstein
bronstein

This one is very similar to Porsche Design Titan. Both are very clean, business style, "blue" and typically German. I'm having them both at my wrists right now, trying to figure out the differences: UltraSense is a bit sweeter, less citric and slightly lighter, while Titan is straighter and even more cool. For these reasons, I prefer Titan, but you may test both before choosing.

***

nonsisa
nonsisa

I 2nd Endymions opinion of this scent, as it's being far from something original.

The smell of this is dominated by musk and watery notes.

All in all I give this a meh!

Endymion
Endymion

Tested it today.
The bottle looks very nice in real life, I really appreciate the Jil Sander style of design.
However, the juice is bit of a dissapointment for me :(
Not very original. For me it smells almost like YSL L'homme Libre, they are really identical for my nose. Discreet (too discreet), safe, non-offensive office scent.
I'm not a fan of L'homme Libre, won't be fan of this either.

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

Just looking at the ratings for this scent pre release and find it hard to understand how anybody can rate something that has not been released. Wait please wait until this frangrance has hit the shelves before giving a rating or review. Otherwise, the whole rating function becomes an absolute joke or sorts.

Ultrasense by Jil Sander 3.40 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jil Sander Ultrasense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jil Sander Ultrasense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ultrasense by Jil Sander. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ultrasense by Jil Sander represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.