Designers » I-K » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Jimmy Choo Parfum Jimmy Choo for women

Jimmy Choo Parfum Jimmy Choo for women
dislike

Jimmy Choo Parfum Jimmy Choo for women Pictures Jimmy Choo Parfum Jimmy Choo for women Pictures

The house of Jimmy Choo introduced its first fragrance Jimmy Choo Eau de Parfum in 2011, followed by its Eau de Toilette version shortly after. Jimmy Choo Limited Edition Parfum from 2011 is replaced by the new version coming out in summer 2012 - Jimmy Choo Parfum, also in pure parfum concentration.

The original composition is further deepened and intensified in this luxurious limited edition, containing accords of candied orange, tiger orchid, toffee caramel, amber, sandalwood and patchouli.

Unlike last year's edition, the new bottle and box are decorated with black details. The fragrance is available as 40 ml of pure parfum.

The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Polge.

Sweet Orange

Orchid

Toffee Patchouli Sandalwood Amber

Jimmy Choo Limited Edition Parfum

Jimmy Choo Parfum Fragrance Reviews

archivist
archivist

This review is for the white bottle, which I think is more similar to the silver bottle as far as the juice. They're all supposedly the same parfum and probably are. I think the white bottle looks a little bit like a whiffle ball.

ETA: sweetiepea161616 says in a discussion post I found: "I've smelled all three. The silver is more creamy and almost like vanilla ice cream. The black one is similar but not as rich/creamy, and the white one is heavier on the orange- like a candied orange. But of course overall they smell quite similar, and much richer than the EDP."

For what it's worth, I do get a fair amount orange zest (dark, rich, like Elixir des Merveilles orange) out of this, and the patchouli is very fresh-leafy-lemony.

This... This is patchouli? I thought I didn't like patchouli! I like this patchouli. A LOT.

I'm branching out and trying some mainstream gourmands - or so I thought! This is definitely not a gourmand in the "you smell like food" way. It is definitely a fruited chypre. The orange-zesty toffee and pear are perfectly balanced by the patchouli, with wisps of orchid in the top notes.

I'm also not sure why pear isn't mentioned, it should be - "fruity chypre" with no fruits in the notes was confusing, but it seems to be an accidental omission.

If you roast a pear after drizzling a bit of butter and sugar over it, the juice bubbles out and caramelizes into a crunchy toffee. It's really good with ice cream. After smelling this, I'm going to consider adding a reduction of orange juice to the drizzle next time.

This is that pear. But it still doesn't smell like you fell into a vat of sugary goo, because the patchouli and orchid bring just enough sophistication to the scent to make it a perfume, not a dessert fantasy.

The patchouli is quite fresh and leafy, almost lemony, very realistic to patchouli leaves but bears no resemblance to patchouli oil.

I can't really imagine where I'd wear this other than at home, on a snuggly day. I don't think it's date-night sexy or evening sophisticated, or daytime do-the-things, definitely not for the office. But as a cozy comfort scent which is both warm and fresh, sweet and clean, with enough of a green edge to keep you from just being totally put to sleep by it.

Definitely not in the same category as Flowerbomb, this isn't really that sweet, and what sweetness there is in it isn't cloying to my nose (and I'm a thousand miles from being a habitual gourmand user, I don't like overly sweet - trying out this and Silver Rain and La Vie Est Belle is way out of my usual zone).

Mine is out of the white bottle, which I mention because a reviewer with more extensive expertise in Jimmy Choo (below this review) mentions that the silver and black are not alike. I have not smelled this in any other formulation (EDP etc.) or bottle to be able to say. I can say that I am definitely able to see how sandalwood might be involved (listed in black but not in silver) but I am an amber *fiend* and I don't get amber out of this to any significant extent, so maybe the black really is different. I guess if I get really determined to smell amber I can confuse myself into doing it.

I really like this patchouli leaf. It's a revelation.

c3c
c3c

I have Jimmy Choo with silver on the bottle and I love it. Because it's a bit expensive to buy another bottle I was hoping this really would be similar when I found a good deal on it. But to me it is exactly like the original Jimmy Choo, which I also own, so I was disappointed. Not that the original isn't a great scent, it is, I just didn't need a back up bottle of it.

XocoFlor
XocoFlor

I have never smelled the original Jimmy Choo fragrance, but the toffee in this is delicious. It's fresh and sweet, perfect for warmer weather. I would describe it as young and girly. It is a little too simple though, and the scent does not seem to last. Maybe it's just me, but I can no longer smell it after about an hour. Too bad, since it is so yummy.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

This is very similar to original Jimmy Choo, cant tell if there is any difference, may be just in concentration and packaging. Very opulent sexy with sweet entoxicating notes, classy and highly recommended to any age group.

Sheks
Sheks

Exotic fragrance, initially sniffed a whiff of the edt and loved it, so I decided to get the edp which was a great decision as the edp smells much better than the edt and lasts longer too. Finally, I got the parfum which smells divine! It has been a staple in my collection and I wear it when I want to feel extra special and it does the job so well.

annettepe
annettepe

i am obsessed with the original Jimmy Choo EDP and would love to have a bottle of this too. unfortunately i was a bit late and this version sold out very quickly and cant find it anywhere anymore... its such a sweet, seductive and alluring fragrance.

ammebirds
ammebirds

Just got a sample and my first sniff immediately reminded me of....Comet cleanser! Waiting to see how it dries.

dannysmom
dannysmom

Beautiful scent, but it's exactly the same as last year's edition. I received confirmation of that from a Jimmy Choo rep. Same perfume, different bottle..

davitea
davitea

I like this fragrance but I think is a excectly identical copy of Christian Dior's Dolce Vita.Even the bottle. Kind of shameful for Jimmy Choo brand. Maybe thay should stick with shoe making.

Jimmy Choo Parfum by Jimmy Choo 4.23 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jimmy Choo Parfum by Jimmy Choo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jimmy Choo Parfum by Jimmy Choo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.