Designers » I-K » Floral Green « Groups

dislike

honey
beeswax
French Lime Blossom Jo Malone for women Pictures

French Lime Blossom by Jo Malone is a Floral Green fragrance for women. French Lime Blossom was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Jo Malone. Top notes are bergamot and petitgrain; middle notes are tarragon, lime (linden) blossom, jasmine, rose and lily-of-the-valley; base note is beeswax.

Bergamot Petitgrain

Poup`ee

French Lime Blossom Fragrance Reviews

sherryberry
sherryberry

I just had to review this one, because I just recieved it for Christmas. I sampled it many years ago and really liked it. I put it on the back burner though, because it was only available in two stores near me. For some reason, I've been craving it recently. There was something so innocent and nostalgic about it. Then, it dawned on me what it smells like. In the 70's, I had a few of those Avon perfumed pins. They were for kids and had solid perfume in them. This is what French Lime Blossom smells like. Now that I think about it, somebody gave my daughter one, in the late nineties. I think it was a little snow man. It smells like French Lime Blossom too. What a great fragrance memory!!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

All I get is fresh, lime-scented soap, like when you first pull the wrapper off and some soapy dust goes up your nose and you cough and sneeze. That's what this is like on the opening. It eases out into a linear, clean scent, but it's not for me.

scarletletters
scarletletters

I usually like the smell of lime or linden blossom, but to me, this doesn't smell much like either. I get a hint of lime underneath an overpoweringly sweet smell of litsea. Most of Jo Malone' s fragrances smell soapy to me and this is no exception. I'm glad I only have a sample size of this fragrance. If you like sweet florals, you'll probably like this. If you are looking for a true linden blossom or lime blossom scent I would recommend Demeter.

sissu
sissu

A very nice and realistic green floral. Pure and clean aromatic linden blossom with very little sweetness as far as I can detect. Dry and cold in the very best way possible. I find this to be a light fragrance, very enjoyable and non-offensive.I would definitely enjoy it on those around me, but don't quite know yet if this is the one for me personally.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

I love how this is floral without being sweet. A very dry, realistic flower bud.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Of the Jo Malone fragrances I'm sorry to say that this is now my least favourite. I bought a small bottle last year along with Wild Fig and Cassis - they were a actually a very good combination. But I found I used up the Wild Fig and Cassis twice as fast and the French Lime Blossom was not the same on its own. I found it too floral and soapy - it made me sneeze! I ended up giving it away.

Bazrob
Bazrob

A very pretty, flowery fragrance which my husband loves.
It's a bit light for me & doesn't seem to last long.
Of course all Jo Malone's fragrances can be 'mixed & matched' to create your own unique fragrance. How clever!

minniedoe
minniedoe

Lovely interpretation of linden. On my nose, it's a delicate, yet refreshing floral on a base of very expensive French-milled soap.

Judith Esquirba
Judith Esquirba

If anyone is considering purchasing this fragrance and you absolutely love linden blossoms and honeysuckle as previous reviewers have mentioned then you will truly fall in love with this fragrance for spring! However, I want to mention that I was shocked by the inflated prices for this perfume in the ads below-please don't forget to do your homework and shop around for the best price. I paid $110.00 for the 3.4 oz. size at a very high end department store online. If you want to keep an extra $40.00 or 50.00 in your pocket don't be fooled by all of the online shopping "deals"!!!

feathers
feathers

This is strong! One spray does it. It's very sweet in a floral way, I can imagine real Linden trees in bloom may be powerful and heady like this, I almost want to sneeze! It may be French Lime Blossom, but it strikes me as completely English in character. Although derived from nature, the perfume reminds me of indoors, an immaculately clean room with lace and doilies, a rosebud teapot, and Jane from Pride and Prejudice upon becoming engaged to Charles Bingley. Warm, joyful,perfect and happy spring day, full of the sun.

I think that this fragrance is the best by Jo Malone!

The linden blossom note in it is gorgeous!!! Only this note opens absolutely wonderful and leading only in the warm or hot weather.

I wish only there was less even not the lily-of-the-valley, but petitgrane. It even makes me sneezing(

This fragrance is very elegant. Light, but intensive.

I love it because of the natural smelling linden blossom! Fantastic!!!

Beautymist
Beautymist

This is my first (and maybe last) Jo Malone perfume. I'm very disappointed. When i spray this perfume i start to feel ill and begin sneezing. I believe i'm allergic to it. This is the only time this happenned to me with a perfume.

Now, about the scent itself well i expected some citrusy notes, someting invigorating, but got something too floral and too soapy instead. Again, a big disappointment.

Londonchick
Londonchick

I'm a HUGE linden fan and generally like Jo Malone fragrances.
This just didn't work for me. At all. All I got was soap. Pure and simple.
SOAP ! i was so excited by the great reviews here of an authentic linden based perfume but it just wasn't meant to be. Glad that others have found something devine but on my chemistry this was pure cheap clean soap. smelt every half hour for several hours and no change or progression. Boy am I glad I didn't blind buy.

tourmali45
tourmali45

First impression – you are eating honeycomb sitting under a flowering linden tree. Sweet scent, but not cloyingly. After first notes die down, citrusy notes start creeping out – its crispy freshness interrupts sweetness and substitutes honey. At this point all the concoction smells a bit like shampoo. After a short while what you have is again a dreamy linden scent – perfect for summer evenings or spring outings. Somehow I can’t quite see myself wanting to wear this in colder months, for its very crispiness doesn’t suit cold at all. For me it’s a perfect perfume for warm weather. Very intimate, stays close to the skin: after an hour only a whiff was left.

French Lime Blossom is one of the more popular scents from Jo Malone's line, and I can see why. It's very feminine and pretty.

Some consider Jo Malone fragrances overrated or just plain boring, yet I personally enjoy them for all their simplicity and sophistication. A complex scent is not always a good one. French Lime Blossom is a lovely fragrance from beginning to end.

This fragrance for me, captures the scent of Spring in a bottle. It's green, dewy, delicate and flowery on the skin. French Lime Blossom also has a slightly clean and crisp feel, which makes it rather inoffensive.

This scent is very versatile, something that could be worn either on a lazy Sunday with jeans and a t-shirt, or used as the finishing touch when wearing formal attire. I think it's also an easy scent to fall in love with.

The lasting strength isn't overly wonderful, but then again, expectations shouldn't be too high in regards to cologne concentrations. Although these fragrances are intended to be layered, I think the house of Jo Malone would have a far better reputation if they released all their scents as EDPs.

Other than a dominant lime blossom accord, lily of the valley, bergamot and petit grain also tend to shine through quite strongly in this composition. The only advice I give for those of you that wish to test this fragrance; keep in mind that the composition is predominately lime blossom, which means it's a floral. There are too many reviews complaining over a lack of juicy and sweet lime accords, and I think they're being a little misled by the name, even though it says it clearly enough. Think flowery, not fruity.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A really pretty fragrance. On me, the initial notes are floral and then the pefume becomes almost doughy but is saved by the zesty notes of the lime. It's light and refreshing, with moderate sillage and very good longevity.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

My first experience with a Jo Malone fragrance, and it is a positive one. Definitely a pleasing, spring-time green tree blossom floral with staying power. I grew up in the Midwest and though we did not have lime trees there, upon the first whiff I was transported somewhere back in memory. For me, the strong evocative experience of the cologne was actually more significant than the fragrance itself--organic and true.

Lol48
Lol48

This is not at all what I anticipated and I have to say it is far too sweet and heavy for me. It is very fresh and I can smell lily of the valley. It almost seems a little old fashioned to me. Have deduced that I'm not a floral person anymore, well not in the World according to Jo Malone anyway. I still wait to find my perfect JM scent

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

This has to be my favorite scent when I marry it with Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia. It is beautiful by itself too. Just love it love it love it.

sjam3295
sjam3295

I absolutely love this scent! I usually don't like perfumes that are as green as this, but although the floral is subtle to my nose, it seems somehow to be perfectly balanced with the green.

For me it starts with a rush of freshly cut grass; then the florals start to emerge, not separate, but beautifully part of the whole, lovely linden blossom and jasmine.

This scent stays fresh and lovely on me for a long time. An absolute favourite.

elderflowers
elderflowers

Not an absolute dead ringer for linden flowers, to my nose, but still an exquisite green citrus-floral with a powdery mineral edge. If Clean scents did a 'Retro Clean', it would probably be along these lines, but not nearly as good.

Unlike many floral scents, this become fresher as it settles, without ever becoming outright soapy. A safe and elegant bet in humid weather, and one I personally prefer not to layer; it's the 'crisp white shirt' of modern florals.

mediterranean
mediterranean

To me this smells like Annick Goutal Eau du Ciel but softer and sweeter. It is just beautiful. In Bilbao in spring time we have linden trees bloosoming and it feels like carrying all the flowers with you. It is uplifting and romantic for the office and for a date.

Azurange
Azurange

I adore this- on other people! When my friend wears it, it's a delicious summer garden (no, whilst sitting in her garden one evening, people actually mistook this for the "wonderful scent" of the flowers- she & I knew better!) Alas, nobody compliments me when I wear it,funny how the same fragrance alters on the individual. Which is why reviews can guide but they can't guarantee fragrance heaven!

clrieger
clrieger

Makes me feel sunny, even on a cloudy day. As a cologne, it lasts longer than expected. My new favorite. Accidentally and surprisingly found out the aroma is enhanced when I spray it on after using Burt's Bees baby lotion (I have little ones) as it has a natural honey/beeswax fragrance.

ERW666
ERW666

it has a little of the bitter scent of orange blossoms but faint by comparison. soapy. good if you want to smell like you've showered without having done so. Shares the same spirit as Infusion d'Iris.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a great fresh as the real thing fragrance. A burst of dry linden blossom in the opening, like on a sunny day, with a hint of bergamot making it even fresher. The tarragon quickly makes an appearance on me, giving it an almost tea like scent and a soft powdery rose note melts it into the dry down. This is a real clean linen scent. Excellent sillage too, with good staying power, particularly for a cologne.

Tovah
Tovah

I love linden, and this cologne is one of my favorite renditions of the scent. Unlike many other linden fragrances French Lime Blossom is a full-bodied, heady floral, devoid of airy lightness, or honeyed undertones. French Lime Blossom can be as sharp and shrieking as the boldest of tuberoses, and it can give me a terrible headache. But it smells so beautiful, I can't resist it. When I wear this, I lightly spray the back of my knees, and occasionally I'm brave enough to put it, very, very lightly, on my wrists. Any place closer to my nose is just too much. This is a must-have for linden lovers, because its so true to the flowers.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Wonderful floral green fragrance, reminds me of my childhood, walking in the evening with my parents on a street with blooming linden trees. The scent was intoxicating and beautiful, and sometimes we'd make tea out of the flagrant flowers.
This is a very simple scent, yet so natural and lovely.
It is all that I imagined Eau du ciel from A. Goutal to be! Actually they are very similar, except that that one turned a bit soapy on my skin, which I didn't like, hence I swapped it, while this one is waxy and smooth.
I like it so much, even though I don't wear it often! Oh, by the way, the silage is fantastic while it lasts, and so is lasting power . But really worth trying, if you are a fan of linden. Excellent quality.

ladybug513
ladybug513

This fragrance is beautiful. The smell is very unique- a very atypical floral fragrance, and it is never overpowering. It's very fresh and green and is a perfect summer fragrance. The longevity on this perfume is outstanding; I actually flew from the east coast of the US to Sydney, Australia and I could still smell it well on my wrist when I landed in Sydney! Definitely one of my favorite perfumes...

pansylady
pansylady

Lovely warmly sweet linden floral- in the nice way it has of intensifying with heat and activity, it reminds me a bit of Poeme and SL's Fleurs d'Oranger-

try it!

Jellybean
Jellybean

love this fragrance! It smells exactly like its name says: french lime blossom. It is light and can be worn for any occasion.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

It is a unique fragrance. I was surprised that I would like it. I did not want to smell like a lime, but I got a free sample. It smelled refreshing/semi (mildly) similar to light blue by D & G. The die down was a bit musky, beesy...It has an interesting base which has decent silage. I like trying new things. It is unique.

seaofghosts
seaofghosts

This perfume takes a little while to settle on your skin. It's more complex than the name suggests, delicately unweaving it's various notes as time goes on. Honeysuckle is the first word that comes to mind. I'm a big fan of the Jo Malone range, each scent very pure and usually summery. Light and strong all at once. French Lime Blossom evokes images of picnics and white cotton dresses. It's fresh and syrupy. Not something I want to wear every day but it's an elegant summer/spring fragrance.

Hmmmm...a beeswax base? Interesting, or weird?

Anyway, I do love this scent. It captures linden blossoms so well. It's the perfect fragrance to wear when you get out of the shower and don't want to wear "perfume," but you also feel that you need to spray SOMETHING on or you won't feel quite right. This will keep you smelling like some kind of sweet, floral, moisture-rich, milky soap all day long.

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

Walking under lime trees in June, in Europe...heaven, reminds me of childhood and being a student! I love it!

mocha43
mocha43

I absolutely love this. I tried it as a sample and then was able to purchase an ounce on e-bay for a reasonable price. It smells deliciously of lime blossom with hint of peppery essence. It also is long lasting on me. It would be nice to have the body cream, too.

rosamundi
rosamundi

I love this, its floral but not sickly, light but gets you noticed, it makes me happier to spray it.

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

I bought this when i was in Palm Springs 4 years ago..it is a very unique fragrance i find it very hard to try to explain this fragrance but it is one of my favorites i usually wear it during hot weather with a creamy coconut body butter ...they seem to compliment each other so well...like another reviewer on here has said this is a very versatile fragrance...and my favorite Jo Malone.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

This a a versatile cologne - great on it's own especially in spring and summer since it is fresh, green, and above all floral. The jasmine and rose dominate - lily of the valley can be detected but the spice (says tarragon but smells more peppery to me) keeps the whole mix from getting too cloying. I sampled the cologne but bought the body creme. This creme is very emollient and one of the best perfumed ones I have tried. I don't find it as overpowering as Jo Malone's Orange Blossom creme.

I like this combined with Nutmeg and Ginger to highlight the spiciness or with Black Vetyver Cafe for something different but yummy.

French Lime Blossom by Jo Malone 3.88 out of 5 based on 242 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jo Malone French Lime Blossom fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jo Malone French Lime Blossom, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify French Lime Blossom by Jo Malone. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of French Lime Blossom by Jo Malone represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.