Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Orange Blossom Jo Malone for women and men
dislike

I have it: 441 I had it: 106 I want it: 309 My signature: 11

Orange Blossom Jo Malone for women and men Pictures

Orange Blossom was created in 2003. It was inspired with stay in the hotel Bel Air in Los Angeles, or better to say, with its romantic atmosphere from the times of colonial Spain.

The scent of dewy leaves of clementine stretches over the delicate floral heart, composed of orange blossom, and water lily.

The top notes are cedrat, green notes and clementine leaf. The heart is composed of orange blossom and water lily, while the base of orange blossom and lilac.

All Jo Malone fragrances can be combined with others of the same line. The Jo Malone house says that Orange Blossom can be combined with White Jasmine & Mint or with Blue Agava & Cacao.
The Fragrance Combining Palette can be seen at Jo Malone web site.

Citron Green Notes Clementine

African Orange flower Lotus

Lilac

Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin
What Comes From Within: Light

Orange Blossom Fragrance Reviews

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Jo Malone Orange Blossom opens with strong neroli scent, very much like sitting under an orange tree in bloom. I also get a scent of chevrefuille or honeysuckle bloosoms. Then citruses and green notes come in and notes of other white flowers. I detect notes of gardenia and some jasmine. But this scent does not become creamy like those florals usually do. It retains a green vibe and an almost minty menthol scent becomes dominant for a short time in the mid-development phase as the indoles, green notes and citruses come together.

This point in the development may not agree with some, but it smells clean to me, like freshly cut stems ready to be put into a vase. Afterwards the scent moves pretty steadily to a longer lasting soft powdery lilac dominant final drydown, but retaining the citrus and green notes in a less dominant fashion. As a neroli, lilac, gardenia and honeysuckle lover, I think this is full bottle worthy. If you are expecting only the scent of neroli you may be disappointed in this fragrance. Sillage is minimal except in the first hour or so and the fragrance does last about 4 hours on my skin but only as a skin scent for 3 of those hours.

TWZDobermom
TWZDobermom

Another somewhat heavy citrusy floral. Another favorite of mine. Like many of the primarily floral based Jo Malone fragrances, because of its intensity, I tend to prefer it for cooler temperatures, as the scent & sillage increases with body temperature. Beautiful for spring, and a happy floral reminder of summer flowers & warmer temperatures in fall & winter.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is a long lasting, happy fragrance with excellent silage - soft, but distinct. It brings to mind lazy, beautiful, 1970's afternoons as seen on old film rolls... something hazy and romantic but still lively and peppy. It makes me feel like the simple life, with easy-going people, cruising in a big red Pontiac through retro neighbourhoods. Orange soda on our lips and the wind in our hair. Drives through California - a stop in Malibu, and a turn off and up into the sunny desert...

I don't know how unisex is really is, as I feel it's more a feminine scent, but it could be worth a try. On me, it's sweet but fruity and has a really classy edge to it. It makes me feel fabulous!

polly golightly
polly golightly

mi aspettavo un buon neroli, invece si tratta di un nauseabondo accordo di gardenia o gelsomino o vattelappesca fiore bianco. blearrr

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

Doesn't smell like orange blossoms at all. It only smells like oranges, a completely different scent.

rozrussellfan26
rozrussellfan26

I love Jo Malone's fragrance line. One of my very favorites is Orange Blossom, and wild nectarine blossom and honey.

I love mixing the two or wearing them alone. I love the fact that each scent is just that. Not a love potion #9 that's going to give you a killer migraine in two seconds.

nini18
nini18

I can imagine how beautiful garden of orange trees smells like and it's really nice but I myself wouldn't want to smell like a walking little orange :)))

helenofwalnut
helenofwalnut

I have only had the Jo Malone Orange Blossom for a few days. So far, I love it! I live in Southern California and have orange trees all around our neighborhood. They are all blossoming now and the scent is indescribable - my favorite scent! I haven't tried many orange blossom perfumes, but I really don't think that it is ever possible to fully capture the scent of a flower. That being said, this perfume comes fairly close. It is not as rich or full as the real thing, but wonderful in its own way. It is more like an orange blossom when it is just opening up, crisper, greener than a ripe blossom. There are other notes as well which add to the crispness. My only complaint, and I'm not even sure if it is such a bad thing, is that it has very poor sillage. The longevity is not bad if I apply enough. You almost cannot apply too much of this scent and could go through a bottle pretty quickly. However, I prefer this to a perfume that is overpowering. You could wear this anywhere, enjoy the scent yourself, but not offend any sensitive noses.

An update. I have since tried quite a few orange blossom scents, at least 12, and I can say that Jo Malone's orange blossom is heads above the ones I have tried, many of them a good deal more expensive as well. Love it!!!

alilass
alilass

beautiful summer fragrance with a hint of warmth. it's one of my favorites to reach for when i want a little something special. people actually stop me and ask what i'm wearing when i spray this on in the morning!

username101
username101

This perfume contains everything I could ask for and more for an orange blossom or neroli scent. Needless to say it is so beautiful and it's quite awe inspiring how the layers of fragrance unfolds with the time with this supposedly single note fragrance. Each layer of fragrance is quite distinct yet well integrated together. At the same time it doesn't smell like a concoction of bunch of different fragrances. I love it that it's full bodied, complex and uplifting all at the same time while being simple crisp and elegant. A real gem of fragrance.

NinaSPakdi
NinaSPakdi

I really love and appreciate this fragrance. It smells on my skin like the perfect beautiful balance between a soft watery white floral (think gardenia, not Jasmine) and citrus, namely orange. The result is a white floral that's 'sweet' enough to be unabashedly and unapologetically feminine but in the same stride an orange zest undertone that makes it fresh enough to wear in warm weather.

A great spring-summer scent for women who are in need of a fresh scent but are true floral lovers!

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

All I get is orange peel and a plasticine, almost acrid note that really turns me off this fragrance. I'm pretty disappointed! I usually love orange/orange blossom scents.

moloxa123
moloxa123

A simple sweet white floral scent.

PadmeSantal
PadmeSantal

O holy whatnot....ok, so essential oils, for use in aromatherapy, were my first love.even now that I've grown to really appreciate the complexity and structure of a finely crafted perfume, I still have days when ill just dab on an essential oil straight up,sandalwood maybe or a rose maroc. But no oil seduces me more,and has for the past two decades,then orange blossom/neroli.but I rarely wear it straight if I'm venturing out of the house bc so many fibd it overwhelming. But THIS. Here is a wearable orange blossom that is just grace and luminosity and purity ...I know its not listed but this really morphs into a reminder of childhood honeysuckle vines in our backyard, and just brushes up,real coy-like, against a notion of a fine,non-cloying jasmine,but the magic in it is that throughout all of the flirting with similarly sweet white florals,I never.lose that orange blossom essence, genuine , unapologetically itself, and dancing through this streamlined composition in all its delicate glory.

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

I love Jo Malone fragrances, and wear several-Red Roses, English Pear & Freesia, Wild Bluebell, , Verbenas of Provence and Grapefruit . I heard so many wonderful reviews about Orange Blossom I decided to order a bottle blind. I have to admit that I had never smelled real orange blossoms living in the Northeast, so I had no expectations based on prior experience.
My immediate and lasting impression of this fragrance is a pure, genuine note of jasmine. I was puzzled; this was the last thing I was expecting. Like all Jo Malone fragrances I have tried, this fragrance is very fresh, genuine, and vibrant. Unfortunately, I don't like jasmine, which tends to seem very heady and cloying on me. Orange Blossom cologne definitely smells like Jasmine to me. I did some research, and it turns out that real orange blossoms smell very similar to-you guessed it -JASMINE! This explains why so many women I have talked to who have lived near actual live orange trees rave about this fragrance. If you love jasmine and/or orange blossoms, you will love this fragrance. It's a wonderful ,lovely , heady fragrance . It's just not my cup of tea.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Its a very realistic floral but, it smells like Jo just took the bottle labeled lotus and put it in a pretty bottle. If I get a floral, I want it to have more meat. Not just the essential oil of a single flower.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

I grew up surrounded by orange groves and still take a drive along the grove roads each season they are in bloom.There is nothing as wonderful as the smell of an Orange Grove in bloom. It is magical and if you've never experienced it you really need to.

The opening of this brought tears to my eyes. It was perfect. I could almost believe I was running through a grove in bloom. The balance of floral and green notes was spot on. Perfectly delightful.

After a bit it warms up and the lilac base steps forward and blends nicely with the grove.

It's not the longest lived perfume but it's heaven while it's there. I love it.

Edit: The last few times I've worn this perfume the "orange grove" has faded away after about an hour and it becomes a rather linear Lilac perfume. It's still lovely but Lilac is definitely the soloist after the Orange grove completes it's bright introduction and exits the stage. A good one to try if looking for a basic Lilac.

Kiku
Kiku

A lovely orange blossom scent. An opening of lightly sweet citrus and green notes blend with a heart of pungent yet dry and powdery lilac. It's an amazingly compatible combination. Soft and gentle, a perfume that whispers rather than shouts.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

This is one of my favourites from Jo Malone. I prefer the Orange Blossom body cream to the cologne (thanks to my sister for the lovely present!) It smells EXACTLY like Orange Blossom, it's unbelievably good and delicious!! So sad my jar now empty!

MarillaV
MarillaV

This one is a bit too linear for my tastes, but I can see why others would love it. It definitely smells exactly as advertised, but my nose tires of it after awhile. I will try to layer this with some of the other Jo Malone colognes and see if my opinion of it changes.

rockegg
rockegg

:::waves hand::: Me too! I used to live near orange groves! When the trees bloom the whole area smells wonderful. When I first smelled this I actually cried. Jo Malone got it right. I never blend this with anything. In late winter I'm sick to death of artificial scents and I crave the fragrance of real flowers. That's when I bring this out. I've had a tiny bottle for years and it has held up well. Good thing, since it's expensive for such a small amount.

Angelinapink
Angelinapink

I love the scent of Orange Blossom and I thi k that this perfume is a true representation of the scent. It reminds me of the Plaza de Los naranjos in Marbella which is beautifully scented with the flowers of the orange trees. Wearing this perfume transports me to Spain and a pefect warm summers evening with a glass of chilled wine, at a table under the orange trees.
I like to wear this perfume in spring and summer, it doesn't really work in winter. It is fresh and light and really beautiful.
I wish they made a more longlasting version. I like the idea of using the bath oil to enhance the fragrance. Thank you Anne for sharing that tip.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I rather hate revealing the following because I have been having a pretty good run on eBay with it (not that it is new information, but I hate the idea of more competitive bidding). Although I do love this scent together with Jo Malone's French Lime Blossom, there is no way I would buy them if they were only available as colognes. Both are extremely ephemeral on my skin...so I invariably buy much bigger bottles of the bath oil (it is usually much cheaper) and apply it to my arms and throat before I spray or splash on the cologne and it always lasts all day. For days, actually, on my clothes. The cologne will last in my hair for a few hours and it is lighter and sweeter than the bath oil which starts out a bit brash, but after an hour or so they seem to meld, and for the rest of the day, I smell divine.

Coinciding with my latest snide remark about 1 ounce bottles of cologne, my Jo Malone ten vial sample set has arrived! I hereby confess to having something of a prejudice against this house. I've always felt that its market niche is PTA mothers who are afraid to offend people with perfume, so they wear light and inoffensive "cologne" instead. They don't want to confuse anyone, so the compositions have to stay simple, with only one or two components listed in the name, and only a couple more listed in the note pyramid. Factoring in with those reservations the fact that the 1 ounce bottles of cologne cost as much as mainstream 1 ounce bottles of eau de parfum, I must say that, yes, I've had some reasons for steering clear of this house.

All that has changed today. I'm giving these ten fragrances a sniff primarily because so many of my fragrant friends continue to speak highly of Jo Malone's creations, despite my snide and derisive remarks. I'm quite sure that these colognes won't harm me, but will I change my attitude toward this house and begin collecting 1 ounce bottles of cologne? Only time will tell.

Orange Blossom is a predictably nice blend featuring a sweetened orange blossom which however is not nearly so sweet as the By Kilian or the Couvent des Minimes orange blossom. On the other hand, it also is not at all soapy, as in Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger. There is something in this scent which reminds me of a fresh ream of paper. I see that lilac and lotus are listed among the notes. Perhaps they are somehow implicated in the paperish scent?

Unfortunately, Orange Blossom is fading fast, and I have drained my 1.5 ml vial (ahem), so it looks as though this really is, as advertised, a cologne. Let us be frank: I could use 1 ounce of this on a single afternoon such as we had today in Boston with excessive heat and humidity. I would recommend the Gandini orange blossom cologne before this one because it has a lot more oomph and behaves like an eau de toilette. It's a bit sweeter but in the same neighborhood.

Next...

winkibat
winkibat

I've never zested a Clementine next to a lilac bush, but if I did, it would probably smell exactly like this perfume. That's the scent I get for the first half hour, and during that time it's pretty strong. After that, it dries down to a pretty realistic lilac. I can tell that it's lilac and a bit of something else, but I'm not picking up any specific notes. Longevity and sillage are moderate; nothing amazing there. But I really, really enjoy the scent. This is going on my full bottle worthy list.

tlpnightwatcher
tlpnightwatcher

When I wear this, a co-worker of mine will start sneezing when I'm sitting near her. Also - after a time, the fragrance starts to decay, giving the impression of old potpourri. The decaying odor is less prominent on hot weather days when my skin is more prone to perspring. But on dry winter days, it's less pleasant.

laurenchanel
laurenchanel

i started wearing jo malone orange blossom last year. i fell in love with this scent! it's so fresh and clean and cheerful and happy! my only complaint is that it doesn't last on my skin as long as i would like it to. i also feel that it has a little too much of the orange peel scent. i didn't realize the peel scent until trying a new perfume i got for my birthday 3 months ago. it's an orange blossom as well and while wearing my birthday present for the last few months i noticed that jo malone's orange blossom is more bitter and mermaid perfume n.1 is more sweet blossom than zest. also the lasting power was way longer. so i still wear jo malone orange blossom because i love it but i am wearing both at the same time now and that seems to be a perfect mix. they blend really pretty on my skin and i get lots of compliments.

pansylady
pansylady

Lovely, just lovely!

Jo Malone's Orange Blossom opens with a squirt of sweet/ tart orange, then develops into a warm, softly indolic orange blossom delight- with a strong yellow flower quality, similar to mimosa-

I am also picking up honey, beeswax and pollen- I feel like a happy drunken honeybee, bobbing from one flower to another in a sunny, pesticide-free meadow, before returning to my little hive!

Decent sillage and longevity, too-

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I didn't have the benefit of growing up near orange orchards, but I like this perfume. I actually bought the 100 ml while all my other Jo Malones are the smaller 30 ml. This one lends itself more to mixing with the others in the line. I often mix it with Blackberry and Bay, I think it works well with the fruity or florals. It seems very fresh and although does not last all day, I can still detect it a little bit.

urbanexotic
urbanexotic

This smells unbelievably bad on me. I think it must be the water lily, since other lilies also smell awful to me. I was expecting a delicate floral scent, but what I got was an acrid reeking waxy instant headache. What a shame, as it sounds like something everyone else is really enjoying.

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

This is so exquisite that it aches. It is a very personal perfume - it hangs close to the skin, and at three hours it is not gone, but it is fading. Also, it manifests differently depending on who you are. The orange blossom and the clementine are the supporting players for me, and, like many others on here, the lilacs are the strongest notes. This does not detract in any way from its beauty.

I would not classify this as unisex.

aqua76239
aqua76239

Its funny that before I even read all the comments, I thought"hmm, this doesn't really smells like orange blossom" and now I see that others feel the same way. Its mostly lilacs and water lily that's apparent to my nose and its quite lovely. Fresh, delicate and youthful. Most Jo Malone is supposed to be unisex but I can't imagine a guy wearing this-its very feminine scent. I love the scent...but..this only comes in ear de cologne which lasts 40 min at the most. I would love to purchase this but I can just see myself going through tiny $60 bottle in no time flat

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

This is not a true "orange blossom" scent, but it is pretty nonetheless. As others mentioned, the orange blossom is barely noticeable. That doesn't mean that this isn't a beautiful scent worth wearing. It's like walking by a green garden in the springtime where the fragrance of lilac, orange flower, jasmine and honeysuckle catches on the wind. It's green and slightly citrusy, so if you are looking for a sweet or foody orange flower, this is not for you. I would recommend Fragonard's Fleur d'Oranger to this one, a more authentic orange flower scent and at $55 for 200 ml undoubtedly a much better bargain.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

Beautiful! Orange blossom/ lilac... reminds me of my walks next to an orange orchard... it needs to be layered over something. After initial citrussy moment, all this is - is a beautiful floral scent. Very gentle and feminine. I layered it (on my left wrist) with JM's Blackberry and Bay... it overpowered the floral notes. My right wrist is still very floral though... Really good lasting power. Now three hours later, florals are still there. This one (like other JM fragrances) is quite one-dimensional. The idea is to layer it up on your own. I plan to layer "English Pear and Freesia" over it next time... :) Or even better layer it over something very citrussy, maybe Guerlain's Pamplelune or Hermes' Orange Verte...

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

I think this is more lilac, lilac, lilac than jasmine....as mentioned below. It is an absolut Lilac BOMB. I get very faint wisps of orange blossom, nothing else in my sample. IMO for women, or men who want to smell like they rolled around in Lilacs....which I guess some guys might like, just not this guy, lol.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Jasmine, jasmine...and jasmine! I don't really get citrusy notes of this. Though it is not bad, not at all...but I think this one is more suitable for women.

hunterblu
hunterblu

I have become newly obsessed with orange blossom and neroli notes. While I never disliked them they weren't anything I would get excited about...something happened this winter, I think it was my introduction to Elie Saab Le Parfum to be honest, and I am now searching out as many orange blossom dominant fragrances as I can. While I am still hunting for some combination of a strong orange blossom, incense and a woodsy base, cedar perhaps, so far my two faves are Elie Saab and Prada's Infusion Fleur d'Oranger.

A very kind sales assistant at the Jo Malone counter in Neiman Marcus in San Framcisco sent me home with a half dozen samples last week and tonight I just realized there was an Orange Blossom vial in the little envelope.

After a shower and I light application of my fragrance free moisturizer I applied a spray to my wrists and top of hands for easier smelling access.

The opening is a very strong Manderin peel note that is sparkling and fresh and zippy. It only lasts a few minutes before blending down into a more prominent orange blossom and lilac note. I do get a a bit of the lilac but it is a green lilac that is almost a tad bitter and sharp which nicely contrasts with the very real, natural and indolic and heady orange blossom. There is something slightly watery in there too mixed with a green, leafy and mildly herbal note. Maybe the water lily is giving my that aqueous hint.

I am surprised to see this listed as a unisex fragrance as it is very floral and very feminin although that has no impact in my own personal decision on whether I'll wear something or not (I am a man in my early thirties), I can understand that this would not be a choice for most other men.

The sillage is moderate, actually probably perfect for a scent as heady as this but the longevity is extremely disappointing for the price tag. I just cannot justify dropping that kind of cash on a fragrance that becomes an almost unnoticeable skin scent within 2-3 hours. Such a shame as I do love the first couple hours and would love to add this to my collection.

k8r8r
k8r8r

I really liked this at first, until my husband said it smells like moth balls. Unfortunately I have to agree. It smells intensely indolic with my body chemistry. Too bad!!

raw umber
raw umber

The Platonic form of an Orange Blossom. There is nothing standing in the way of this bright, clean, single flower orange blossom, except for bees and nostalgia. If you avoid those two things, Joe Malone's Orange Blossom is unique and uncompromising art: a lie in a fragrance which reveals the truth in a flower. Longevity and sillage are both moderate.

The beauty of JM's Orange Blossom is in its clarity and simplicity. It is extremely easy to wear, like going to a quaint, bright, and lovely Southern restaurant for brunch.

Eos
Eos

Jo Malone's Orange Blossom opens with a juicy burst of clementine that my husband described as "joyful" and as evoking "Christmas time". After about 30 minutes the clementine note has faded to a less distinct orangey scent mixed with what is clearly jasmine, not neroli or orange blossom. The dry down is an unapologetic jasmine solifleur. This jasmine is pulse-poundingly animalic; that is to say its vaguely carnal rather than pissy. I like this scent a lot, much more than I expected to given that I've been consistently underwhelmed by the house of Jo Malone. It is an EDC, but I have found that spritzing it at the nape of my neck or on my hair produces moderate sillage and an acceptable wear time of approximately 5 hours. It evaporates much more quickly on my wrist.

ETA: I figured out what is adding to that warm animalic vibe: I just realized that I'm smelling a honey note. Not a super sugary sweet honey, but the smell of honey still in honeycomb, fresh from the hive on a hot summer's day.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

This is a really beautiful fragrance. Right from the get go I can smell the lilac being very prominent on my skin. Reminds me of when I was a child and I'd pick lilacs and bring them home for my mother and the smell would waft through the entire house. The orange blossom is also very nicely blended in and smooth. These two notes are what I predominantly smell on my skin. I love when I wear it and catch whiffs of it all through the day. It's a scent that just makes you feel happy and uplifted. I have such a tiny bottle of it so it's used sparingly to make it last. I would love to get a big bottle one day. I have no problem with its lasting power either. At the end of the day I can still smell it. This one is a must have!

heather.h.weber
heather.h.weber

Beautiful fragrance you can't go wrong with any of Jo Malone fragrances, I bought this blind just from reading the notes and I love it, it is clean and the white floral is enveloping at the same time, it smells wonderful layer with Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia. Which is on my wish list!!!

dulcette
dulcette

i love this <3 smells like a bit of fresh orange with lilac and Sampaguita (or Arabian Jasmine) lasts a good deal too! (◕‿◕✿)

9-na
9-na

I like colour orange. You know, looking at the fruit and enjoying the view, eating it, feeling its skin. And I like orange blossom, the way it smells. Dear old chemical lilac sounds natural enough to me. Sometimes. And the green and the bog are here too, and I do like them here, but the scent isn't going into my favourites group, it's either too sweet on me... or the mood is not right so we don't get along. I won't wear it again, but to smell it off a friend, why not.

lanabot
lanabot

Pure happiness in a bottle!!! The one and only orange blossom scent for me...

jesscwy

I do agree with "Vie Cafe" that Jo Malone's perfume does not smell like perfume instead it gives you a fresh scent.
It is a soft and clam perfume. it is defo for work but not for socialising environment, coz it is lacking of "out standing" smell.

However, i am not sure whether I would re- purchase it again, coz I prefer the Wild bluebell scent and it a bit pricey to get both.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Ethereal. As one viewer stated, this is what the angels smell like at heaven's gate.
So, so loving the lilac notes. My favorite Jo Malone, hands down. After misting just a few minutes ago, I lifted my head and looked in the mirror--I was wearing the most goofy smile, like I was intoxicated. I do find it hard to believe this would be a man's fragrance, it is a far too delicate floral.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This is a perfume that is very true to the smell of its individual notes. I can detect every note very clearly. It stays linear for a while, like all Jo Malone fragrance.

What strikes me about this fragrance is that it does not try to smell like a perfume. It just smells like the notes. Very interesting.

It is very uplifting. The lilac is very strong but totally transformed from its usual floral strength by the neroli/orange notes. A lot of green-ess in the background makes this scent much more herbal to me than a fruity sweet floral. A great fragrance for summer!

dkny27
dkny27

Soft delicate orange with a very slight floral accompaniment in the background. On my skin there is a soapy simpleness that on its own may seem generic, but I think layered, this may pop a bit more....

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

Oh my! This's simply beautiful. Orange, jasmine and lotus nothing complex but yet the most uplifting scent I've ever smell. Perfect spring/summer fragrance I can't say enough how much I love this right now.

Very nice, tender, romantic and charming floral citrusy fragrance!

The orange blossom note smells so tender and natural in this fragrance! And the radiant clementine note really gives accent to its beauty.

This fragrance smells just adorable! And it's one of the best by Jo Malone.

Love it!:)

KSBelle
KSBelle

Accidentally tried this on top of CK Obsession for women. Orange blossom incense. Yum! I settled on blue agave & cacao with nutmeg & ginger (lovely together), after I went back and forth with 154, orange blossom, and vanilla & anise. I agree that the length of wear isn't what one would expect from a fragrance in this price range, but I'm a perfumaholic, so of course my collection had to include JM.

I love BA&C with N&G. I can't smell much of a difference 154 makes to the blend. Perhaps a little more woody base. Meh. Nothing exciting for the price to mix 4 of these. Much more interesting with V&A and OB as a quartet. Though that's pricey for a "nice" scent. For nearly $500 I want turn-down service, champagne, and chocolates on the pillows. (I decided that if I want to smell like incence and orange I can spend $16 at The Body Shop and get Satsuma)

Thank goodness they give samples, and plenty of them. (I was actually after Must de Cartier and Portrait of a Lady, whose combined prices made me cringe. Lol) It will at least hold me over until I can find the perfumes I really crave. The ones i search for, and long for. So this is a "one-night stand" in a world of "life-long classic lovers". JM is good, but not amazing in bed. It leaves me with the "that'll-do" after feeling. Just a crush, not the lasting lust and love I seek. As for lasting power- use lotion....and keep on spraying! Like any crush, it's pretty, but fades quickly. It leaves you with more price-tag then scent.

sjam3295
sjam3295

Without question my favourite JM so far. It makes me feel so joyous!

cleo777
cleo777

A customer came in to our office smelling wonderful. I couldn't help myself, I had to know what it was. It's Jo Malone Orange Blossom, she said, and drifted away in a fluffy cloud of it. Well, now I know what my next new perfume is going to be! I need to smell like that too! When she left it was almost heartbreaking that the scent went with her, if that makes any sense. I wanted to ask if she could spritz me with some, so I could keep smelling it....what an intoxicating perfume.

Hayven
Hayven

Beautiful! One of my favorite C.O. Bigelow fragrances, Orange Blossom, was discontinued, and this smells like it but with exceptional lasting power. Although still sweet, it is a nice summer vacation for my nose from the usual gourmand/sugar perfumes I use.

A sales associate had convinced me to combine Orange Blossom with Nectarine Blossom & Honey; together they create a divine, refreshing scent.

katemcq
katemcq

Completely uplifting, almost ecstatically so. There is a brightness to it that borders on creamsicle - but in a tantalizing way. The lilac gives it extra airiness. A wonderful, vital scent, it'll be a frequent daytime choice for me.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

It's quite sharp and heady, this fragrance. I wanted to love it so much, instead got an instant headache ;( oh well... life goes on...

cocoa 1
cocoa 1

Absoloutely love this fragrance it makes me dream of heady, balmy summer evenings...so romantic.

marionhenman@gmail.com
marionhenman@gmail.com

I love this fragrance. It is fresh and uplifting. It makes me feel summery and delicious and lively. I have tried many orange fragrances (Guerlain mandarin/basilica) but none measured up. JM is to me a true burst of orange zest and I love love love it. Unfortunately it does not last long enough on my skin. The sillage is perfect.

ERW666
ERW666

strong clear orange blossom scent. the lilac is surprisingly true and harmonious with the orange blossom-its slight bitterness keeps it from getting too cloying. very femme and pretty. good to get psyched for spring. a floral for people who don't prefer florals.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

Got a sample of this and several others from the Jo Malone rep at Bloomingdales. I would say it's an okay fragrance. The orange blossom scent is a lot like the mock orange bush we use to have in our backyard but slightly synthetic. I layered it with Jo Malone White Jasmine and Mint. It was much better this way but I don't think this will ever be something I wear very much if at all. It does last a long time on me.

sweetjen
sweetjen

Tenderhearted, I love your review. So sweet.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

It smells like a lovely spring night!!

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

I have this as well as Prada Infusion DE Fleur d'oranger. Jo Malone's is like a fresh orange, head on hit! While Prada is softer. They are both comparibly nice, but if you want a softer version try the Prada version. I like both depending on my mood. Both are very nice.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I think Jo Malone has amazing scents. They are so natural and vivid. I'd like to think they would be a cruelty free company,and I hope I am right.

I cannot afford Jo Malone perfumes. I have a sample of an imitation of Orange Blossom (animal friendly.)

To trace back in time.....

I remember my high school had orange blossoms surrounding me as I walked from class to class. This thick, sweet smell I wished so badly to hold in my hands and keep with me always. The air was so beautiful,with so many dreams I carried in my young heart. I could almost taste the petals,as my nose and psyche held the fragrance of nature's sweet soapy flowers.....

I am taken back in time with just a whiff of this little vial beside me. I have just clicked that little computer button,and soon the full (imitation oil) bottle will be mine. In reality,I am here on the couch.But in my mind's eye,I am just a teenager with tender blooms in my fragrant path,and I am trying to get one deep last inhale of nature's perfume before I go to my next class.

Tovah
Tovah

I love, love, love, love this fragrance. It's my all-time most-loved orange blossom, and orange blossom is my favorite flower scent. This orange blossom is the epitome of Southern California with its heady smells of sweet blossoms from the valleys moving over the cities to the ocean. The best part of Los Angeles, to me, is that wherever I drive, no matter how heavy the traffic, I smell flowers. The fragrance of orange blossoms permeates the spring air like the mystique and romance of old Beverly Hills. A story says that Jo Malone was inspired during a stay in California when she created this cologne, and I suspect she'd been wandering the gardens at the vintage Hotel Bel Air (pre 2011). This is such a beautiful, evocative scent.

hammerhead64
hammerhead64

I lived in Pheonix for four years where the smell of orange blossom (and other citrus trees) whafted about consistantly....This stuff brings me back to those times, living in the sunshine, lying by the pool, palm trees. I remember the beautiful orange flower smell covering the valley, mixing with the other smells of the city but the actual blossom smell was a little more musky, more thick. But this cologne really does a great job---Love It! Good clean scent for a guy too.
EDIT : Perfectly,perfectly,perfectly, paired with Thierry Mugler's "Cologne". I would bet that right after death, as we enter into heaven, (most of us), we would smell the combo of these 2 frags mixed together as the angels greeted us.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Orange Blossom is simple, but also quite beautiful. The clementine is noticeable in the first few minutes - it adds a bit of zest without making the scent too sweet. In the heart notes, the orange blossom, lotus and lilac combine beautifully into a softly intoxicating bouquet. The green notes add a hint of bitterness that makes the scent seem more realistic somehow. The drydown is probably my favorite part of this fragrance. The fresh floral notes are still lingering, and they are joined by a soft, slightly sweet, beeswax-like note. Really nice!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

This might be my favorite Malone. Growing up in LA, this takes me back to my childhood (before the urban sprawl changed the landscape). The scent of fruit everywhere.

Again, no different from all the Malone's, great warmer weather frags that are all light to medium in length.

Now on to the notes, the Malone's are generally best blended but this one I like on it's own. The clementine and orange are the draw. The lilac is really a no show.

As I have said, the name of the Malone scents tell the tale.

This one is a keeper!

sgiammic
sgiammic

This is so beautiful it will stop you in your tracks.

My mother lives in a small farming town in southern California -- the town is surrounded for miles and miles and miles on every side by citrus trees (overwhelmingly orange). Every May, you can begin to smell the orange blossoms as you approach the vicinity of the town. The scent grows as you get closer, and when there, you're simply enveloped by the soft, dreamy, heavenly scent of orange blossoms. We always say it's the closest to heaven we can get on Earth.

Jo Malone Orange Blossom smells JUST like the experience of orange orchards in May. I don't get a citrus fruit scent at all, just the sweet white blossoms. I have tried MANY orange blossom perfumes, and none of them compare to this -- it really gets it. Some have complained that it is too soft, and I understand that complaint because, like actual orange blossoms, this perfume IS purely soft.

Such a treat. Beautifully composed perfume -- it does not smell "expensive" but it does not smell "perfumy"

Lassie
Lassie

Now, I have to disagree, all I get from this is a blast of orange rind. Why is it so hard to find a straight-on real orange blossom scent? I have one from Bath & Body Works, a limited edition (forgot what its called, in a pretty turquoise blue box with a French (?) name) and Avon Naturals Orange Blossom Body Spray (which is perfection, though it fades after mere minutes :( but is otherwise spot-on). Maybe I'm trying to experience the thrill of the orange plastic squeeze bottle of orange blossom cologne my aunt brought me from Florida when I was little, LOL!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Very soothing, soft, nice floraly Fragrance.
The scent all over is a lil sweet, but whats even sweeter is the persona of the fragrance, its more 'kittens wearing bowties' sweet. I couldn't see myself wearing it but it could enjoy it on my girlfriend. The candle of this same name must be a real treat.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I don't find this to be a very true orange blossom scent on my skin. I got a lot of citrus-peel to start, mixing with the orange blossom to make a very green fragrance. As it dried down, the lotus and lilac became very dominant, and in my opinion overwhelmed the orange blossom.

I found the style of this to be more like a loud, somewhat tropical, white floral, rather than soft and sweet like orange blossom usually is for me.

judies6
judies6

I usually love orange blossom mixed into a floral scent, but this fragrance smelled like oranges and bad breath. I realized that it was the indolic aspect that I was reacting to. Looking up the word-- indole -- the definition was that the molecule indole was a " . . . constituent of many flower scents such as orange blossom . . . ."
I guess this fragrance's only downfall is that it is just too much orange blossom for me.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I don't wear orange blossom, but if you love it you'll love this perfume as it really is beautiful.
This is sparkling and pretty, and really smells like fresh orange blossom. I adore the lilac, which is quite dominant to me. A lovely lovely floral, perfect for spring and summer.

BlackIvory
BlackIvory

I absolutely love this!..the actual resemblance to natural orange blossom is very real and brings back so many childhood memories. I splurged and bought a full sized bottle, inspite of the big dent in my wallet. It is worth every penny though :)

birdbrain45
birdbrain45

I bought this as part of a Fragrance Chronicle. 30ml Orange Blossom, 9ml Clementine, 9ml Orriswood and 9ml White Lilac. The idea is to layer... Love the Orange Blossom alone. Wonderful clear floral. Hate it with the Lilac, cloying on me. Clementine gives it a real citrus lift and the Orriswood great for eve. Fun little package but think it is LDT

mocha43
mocha43

This has a pleasant citrus orange scent but, I much prefer to layer it with other Jo Malones like Sweet Lime and Cedar, to really get a more memorable scent.

lindamelton
lindamelton

Jo Malone Orange Blossom is great layered with her Wild Fig & Cassis. Also, her Stephanotis and Cassia Cafe is a wonderful pairing, but I think you can only get this in the UK.

valarian
valarian

This is lovely! Uncomplicated and simple but a beautifully put together perfume. It will definitely be a morning favorite for me. I found it lasted quite a long time for a cologne. About 4 hours now and I can still faintly smell it. I personally didn’t like the opening notes but they seemed to only last a minute or two before the Lily and Hyacinth took over and softened everything. This will be one of my easy to wear Spring or Summer perfumes that I can just spritz and go without having to give too much thought to it!

Ducktail
Ducktail

I'm wearing the body oil. It's a toned down version of the perfume. It is so uplifting and simple. A more floral citrus compared to Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange. It's my first Jo Malone and I'm looking forward to laying perfume/cologne on this body oil.

First on, I get freshly crushed Lemon Verbena, right off the plant. Incredibly real. Within a few minutes, it starts to mellow into true orange blossoms, plushy and rich, combined with fresh-squeezed orange juice. It dries down to just orange blossoms, but throughout the whole journey every note is very realistic and vibrant. For someone who doesn't like orange blossom, I have to say this is an incredible scent. I'm amazed.

Mals86
Mals86

Strikingly similar in feel to JM's Nectarine Blossom and Honey, but with citrus instead of peach/nectarine, and a corresponding decrease in sweetness. No aquatic notes are listed, but perhaps it's the waterlily that makes it smell aqueous. This is very pretty, very light and refreshing. It's not quite as reminiscent of "tropical flowers", in my opinion, as Ormonde Jayne's luscious Frangipani Absolute, which made me think of Hawaii, but it is indeed lovely.

Like most of the other JM scents, it's cologne strength and lightweight. I get about 2 hours lasting power - but that's expected with cologne. I can imagine wearing this for a burst of refreshment on a hot summer day.

chance25
chance25

This is gorgeous! It's lush and watery. It smells like an actual living blossom was extracted and captured in a bottle. This reminds me of my southern California roots, but it also reminds me of Hawaii and the floral scents that linger in the tropical air. Orange Blossom, Vetyver, and Tuberose are my very favorites in the JM line.

Orange Blossom by Jo Malone 4.07 out of 5 based on 520 ratings and 85 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jo Malone Orange Blossom fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jo Malone Orange Blossom, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Orange Blossom by Jo Malone. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Orange Blossom by Jo Malone represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.