Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Peony and Blush Suede Jo Malone for women

Peony and Blush Suede Jo Malone for women
dislike

leather
Peony and Blush Suede Jo Malone for women Pictures Peony and Blush Suede Jo Malone for women Pictures

Peony and Blush Suede by Jo Malone is a Floral fragrance for women. Peony and Blush Suede was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel. Top note is red apple; middle notes are peony, jasmine, carnation and rose; base note is suede.

Red Apple

Peony Jasmine Carnation Rose

Suede

Peony and Blush Suede Fragrance Reviews

Manya3
Manya3

Juicy (borderline aquatic) apple and soft musk. I am no fan of aquatic fragrances, but this composition is so well-balanced that it works for me anyway.

Elegant, solar rather than just sunny, very alive.

The musk somehow makes it seem city-like to me.

This is the first Jo Malone I'm trying, and it was love at first sniff! I'm so happy I found it!

upd: just realized the nose is Christine Nagel who composed 2 other perfumes I loved - Encre Noire for Lalique and Hypnose Senses for Lancome... it makes even more sense now! Makes me think that I'm going to pay more attention to the nose rather than the group to find new perfumes from now on!

raw umber
raw umber

Peony and Blush Suede would be an extremely pleasant fragrance, were it not for the fresh, sharp, borderline aquatic musk on the dry down. I detect this same cheap musk in Guerlain's My Insolence. It's masculine, jarring, and clashes with the overall mood of the fragrance. This one is a miss for me. Without that aquatic musk it would have been very pretty.

DamonAlbarn
DamonAlbarn

Meh. This is a little too direct for me. I like my loud scents to have a little more sophistication. This is so brash; apple, carnation, and jasmine. All very loud and distinct notes. And then there's that leather accord that frames it all.

Everyone on the subway nearby me was coughing. I'm sure this is a winner with many but I'm really into a well-composed fragrance. I would believe you if you told me this was an low-selling Tokyomilk fragrance or Versace flanker or something.

Roberto cavalier
Roberto cavalier

Beautiful and elegant.
I came across this scent by accident. I visited the Jo Malone shop and purchased a bottle of pomegranate noir (another great scent). I went to lunch with a few friends and all I could smell was the perfume the sales assistant sprayed on the packaging... I couldn't resist, I went back after my lunch and went to the sales assistant and asked what did you spray on the bag, she told me it was this beauty! I then proceeded and bought another bottle of it!
I can see myself wearing this fragrance in the Spring moths as well as the Autumn. At the first spray or two, all I could get was an sweet apple scent... but after my nose became accustom to its smell, all I can get now is the suede leather. Such an elegant perfume. the longevity is surprisingly great, as usually Jo Malone scents for me don't last as long as I would like too.

miletas89
miletas89

I don't think anyone could go wrong with this. If you're looking for a fragrance that will smell "good" - search no more. This is the one.
The actual fragrance is very interesting in its combination of lightness and warmth. We usually don't encounter those 2 distinct aspects in one perfume. Fragrances are usually either light & cool (airy, perhaps citrusy with effervescent floral notes), or heavy & warm (strong velvety florals with vanillas and ambers). This combination definitely satisfies both categories with its lightness and warmth. Precisely because of this, I believe it works in all seasons and on all occasions. It works in summer when all you want is a breath of breezy fresh air, and it also works in the cooler months when you need something warmer to comfort you. It's good for every-day occasions, and equally great for dressing up. And on top of all this, it actually smells universally "good!" I've never had a fragrance so versatile. I absolutely love it!

ana hen
ana hen

Sitting peacefully on my scarf -when I came in little bistro ,my friends and waitress sniffed with delight and sayed that it smell like something very chic .

For me it onetime baby soap but good one -pink big soapbar strawberry?and soft,full of creaminess.And other time it leather new gloves,lighting candles and peonies,many peonies with silky leaves.

It's good,sweet,fresh - sweet and comfort.

TJthe4th
TJthe4th

This instantly transports me to my Lord & Taylor where the front door enters into the passageway between the shoe department and the perfume counter. The suede comes on strong for me, which is both good and bad. I love leather smell, but maybe not in my perfume as much as in my accessories. The peony and apple are pretty. Carnation is one of my all-time favorite notes, but I don't really pick up on it in this scent. Overall, I would say it's classy and understated but not too sexy.

Linaskye
Linaskye

The longer I wear this, the more I am changing my opinion from "like" to "love", but so many things have gone through my mind regarding this fragrance that I need to organize them numerically so I don't give you ladies and gentlemen a wall of text:

1) Peony and Suede wasn't even on my list of JM frags to try, and so far, it is my clear favorite. I hated Earl Grey and Cucumber and the English Pear and Freesia (which really bums me out because that one smelled so good on the tester). I haven't cared for Peony scents in the past, so I didn't even consider this until the lady at Neiman Marcus sprayed a test strip for me.

2) My first spray, I immediately thought, "Oh, it smells like baby powder and Dove soap"! It wasn't a bad powder smell though like most powdery scents. More like a sweet hug from a toddler who's just been bathed and powdered by mom. Innocent, clean, and light.

3) I was next reminded of Amazing Grace without so much sweetness. Not so much the scent, but moreso the vibe: timelessly soft, fresh, and feminine.

4) I like that there is no wood in this fragrance. There are some fragrances with woods that I can wear, but for the most part, they're a no go, especially oud. My chemistry typically just kicks the wood off of me like a strange metallic, bitter, almost B.O. type odor that friends and family alike have actually commented on. Actually kind of amusing sometimes, but not so much when you're searching for perfumes these days.

5) The final drydown is fabulous. The light powdery scent has given way to palest pink rose notes and highest quality suede. While I'm looking for something a little edgier and brighter for my signature fragrance, I just might have to pick up a bottle of this for the days I just want to feel downright pretty and warm. I think this would sit nicely on sweaters and scarves due to its softness, but I almost feel it could be good in almost any weather besides the simmering heat of summer.

6) Sillage is pretty great for this, but it's not giving me a headache at all. The balance is rounded well. I think conservative use would be fine for an office or medical facility job.

7) Still sniffing my wrist an hour later. I keep thinking I don't love it, but I can't seem to get enough of it. I have a picture of what I WANT to have as a signature scent, but maybe I'm wrong in thinking that soft is too dull for me. This is not a "girly" perfume, it's womanly and graceful, and maybe I would like that as a scent signature after all. I'll get back to you.

8) I'm kind of curious to see how this would go with Santal Blush from Tom Ford. I love that scent so much but had thought maybe it could do with a slightly more feminine push. Peony and Suede from JM ends up being similarly warm and soft, so the two of them could be interesting. I can't find my Santal sample though (and that upsets me greatly).

All in all, this perfume has more to it than meets the...nose. So lovely and soft. I fall for it more and more with each passing minute.

Edited to say my chemistry must just LOVE this fragrance. Sillage is phenomenal (I can easily smell this with only two small sprays), and longevity is ridiculous. Lasted all day and into the evening, and I only refreshed because I wanted to go out. I could actually still catch the scent before my fresh sprays. Really enjoying this and might have found my new signature scent after all!

the big totoro
the big totoro

A very true peony fragrance. It smells just like the ones I grow in my garden. I don't usually do florals but this one is very nice. I usually wear it in the spring , after a long gray winter it's a great pick-me-up. It smells very "pink" and feminine. If you are looking for something pretty this is it.

Crystals On My Converse

Update - this pairs beautifully with the Wood Sage and Sea Salt - I wore this combo yesterday and husband said I smelled amazing!! :)

Crystals On My Converse

For a 'floral' fragrance this one really surprised me! It's fresh and clean yet warm and inviting too if that makes any sense! This is most definitley on my want it list!

WildDove
WildDove

Peony and Blush Suede is a modern spicy rose, made spicy by the carnation. I don't get the other notes but do perceive some incense as the fragrance dries down, which might be how my nose is interpreting the suede leather note. Delicious!

andabri
andabri

I've been really addicted to this scent recently. It's one of the heavier, stronger Jo Malone Colognes. It's very perfumey floral versus how a lot of the Jo Malone fragrances smell pretty much like the notes they are listed as. When I smell this I just think "perfumey floral" not specifically, peony or rose or carnation. The suede isn't strong or really leathery, edgy, or obtrusive. It's sort of a soft, musky, sweet suede.
I find this more of a cold weather, or spring/summer nighttime fragrance; So not a soft or bright floral by any means. I also just immediately categorize it as something that 20-30 year olds would gravitate toward the most out of any age group. It's a stronger floral that makes it too powerful to really be marketed toward teens, but not heavy enough to be really called mature or classic. It's sort of modern and a little bit sophisticated.

I wouldn't categorize this as unisex, I find it pretty much completely feminine. That is not to say that men can't wear this, but I feel when something is marketed as unisex you expect it to fall under a certain type of vibe.

Hatleberger
Hatleberger

A jasmine blast. Non-stop jasmine. No-no-no-no. Yes, with a hint of peony. However,killed by jasmine. Drydown is dull. Not an original perfume AT ALL. Old and boring. For a better peony I would recommend Byredo Blanche.

miss_perfume
miss_perfume

love love love .. try to mix it with oud perfumes its turn to be magic

Kmam
Kmam

I love this. Initially it starts with a big burst of candy apple, but quickly settles itself into peony. It's just so pretty. I don't get huge amounts of leather from it, but to be honest, since I pair it with Velvet Rose and Oud, the oud note possibly dominates it? Even on its own it's very subtle, though.

Sillage is great (to be honest I find most of the JMs good on me) and it lasts for 6 or so hours. The first time I wore it I had three compliments! There's something in the smell that just makes me happy.

walking44
walking44

This smells very oily and sweet floral. I also smell carmex chapstick and buring plastic. Its okay. A very average perfume smell.

sushijunkie
sushijunkie

I love Peony and Blush Suede -- it is such an easy scent to wear for daily use. I've just recently discovered how great it smells combined with JM Blue Agava and Cacao! I'm in love with this combo!!!

nebbe
nebbe

I love many of the notes, love the opening, but it turns to a screechy sweet musk on me fast, and stays that way for a long time.
Not a blind buy contender.

pauroj
pauroj

for a jo malone perfume this is what i would call a powerhouse good sillage and it is actually rather complex , jo malone is famous for very linear fragrances but peony and blush suede is actually something you can sink your teeth into , is not heavy of course and even tho is not incredibly heavy on the leather there is warm and lushness to it, really nice

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

This fragrance surprised the hell out of me. I love so many Jo Malone fragrances I decided to order a bottle blind. When it arrived, I was taken completely aback by the strong floral scent and strong sillage. In the Jo Malone lineup, this fragrance really stands out as much stronger and long lasting than any of the others. I put it aside for almost a year while I wore all of my other perfumes, and finally came back to it this winter. Oddly, it is growing on me. It is a very feminine, floral cologne and lasts for 12 hours or more. Normally, this would not be my cup of tea, but the peony and rose combination is becoming somewhat addictive. I can't wear it every day, and for me it's a cold weather fragrance that could easily become overwhelming in the warmer months. But like all Jo Malone scents it is very fresh , clean and lovely. I don't detect any leather notes at all, and wish that I did, but otherwise it's a very warm, engaging fragrance.

charleybea
charleybea

This was my very first Jo Malone purchase and I bought it blind. I love peonies and figured I had nothing to lose. It's a beautiful fragrance that I find leans more to the mature end of the spectrum, but still a nice choice for nights out.

cbluestar27
cbluestar27

I didn't realize how much I loved this until I was half way through the bottle. I started craving it.
Curiously, as my bottle was about gone, my husband finally tells me how good I smell. There is something in there that turns you into an addict, I swear. I've been out for a short while now and I need to go repurchase as soon as possible. Bigger bottle this time!

Pair with Jo Malone's Saffron for a dark twist. You'll be irresistible.

I've heard it's great with the Sea Salt too - maybe I'll grab a smaller bottle of that when I go to the counter.

brettashley
brettashley

The suede is pretty much nonexistent, or if it's there, it's incredibly subtle and muted. (Hermes' Kelly Caleche, on the other hand, is rich leather and florals done right.) Peony and rose take the front seat in this polished, beautiful perfume. It's gorgeous, or at least, that's what I'm told - I get complimented on it almost every time I put it on - but it doesn't take my breath away. The first spray doesn't elicit any kind of emotional reaction for me, and as I wear it throughout the day, I forget I have it on, except when I catch occasional, fleeting snatches as I turn, or put my scarf on, and I think, "Oh, that's pretty." But never anything more than that. This is one I wear for others, not for myself.

Martaynd
Martaynd

It's a winner. One of the more pronounced fragrances in the line. It is feminie soft, fresh and clean. It is lovely. Body cream is great too. I find it lasts longer on my clothes than skin, but I'm ok with that. I can and do wear this all year round, but it does lend itself to the warmer time of the year because it is so floral. I also really enjoy it as my bedtime fragrance. (Yes, I wear perfume to bed) or when I'm just lounging around and want to indulge myself in leisure time and smelling good. It is distinct enough to wear on its own, but can paired with another Jo Malone to create a custom blend. I hope the company doesn't have any plans to retire this one any time soon.

SeptemberSapphire
SeptemberSapphire

Pretty scent however poor longevity. Overpriced for what it is

This one is a pretty, sheer sweet scent of violets, real, dried wildflowers and sugar. It doesn't actually smell of peonies, but it's very nice. A soft, gentle wood base and a faint boozy note really make it special. Very lovely, though seems a little pricey for what is basically a lovely little summer scent.

Treacherous
Treacherous

I had high hopes for this fragrance, but unfortunately it just reminds me of car freshener. Sooo happy I didn't' buy a full bottle as her fragrances are WAY too overpriced and this would've been a total waste of money.

mariawarner
mariawarner

I've been raving on for months about jo Malone and particularly her citrus fragrances . I got this as an anniversary present and was a little disappointed at first. It wasn't in the citrus family. But it's grown on me and someone stopped me to ask me what I was wearing which is great as fragrances rarely linger on me. I rather like it now.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Ruined by calone.

dkny27
dkny27

Delicious, divine peony and apple, gorgeous flowers and fruit on the opening... And the sillage, very much "unlike" Jo Malone, you can smell the cloud around you....
Then the dry down presents this incredible fruity suede... But not in the leathery sense, it feels musky.
This is the kind of fragrance that you keep tilting your head to catch the after-scent... When you bury your nose into your elbow to take a deep breath and everyone wonders what on earth is wrong with you...And you lift your face and smile!!!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very strong peony, not shy as the note usually is. Warmed up a bit by the suede, but the two notes don't blend or mesh together especially well. Lasts well and is a very feminine take on leather.

rinz09
rinz09

Maybe it's because I have a peony scented shampoo, but this is all shampoo scent on me. I don't get the hype on this one at all. It's boring, too sweet, and weirdly soapy. Like pretty much every JM fragrance it's linear as all get out. I have several JM fragrances already but this will not be joining them.

Beauty4Ashes
Beauty4Ashes

A lovely warm fruity floral. The suede note is very soft and makes it more of a cooler weather scent for me. The bright apple opening is the best part of the fragrance. The dry down is fairly mediocre. If Jo Malone had a fragrance that could be mistaken for a Chanel, this would be the one. It's also the most long lasting Jo Malone I've ever smelled. Very pretty, but not enough of a love factor for me to repurchase. But, I'll continue to enjoy my 30 ml bottle until it's gone.

JaiTee
JaiTee

My first thought: this smells like an Evelyn and Crabtree store. It's that blast of floral, with a touch of the fruity.

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

It is sweet and it is very long lasting to me (usually Jo Malone on me it only stays about 3 hours with few exceptions). It lasts about 8 hours on me and becomes sweeter and sweeter. I don't think I could wear this in summer but I feel it is a very nice sprng scent. I often combine this Red Roses even if it is not in their combination charts. I like that it gets a tiny fresher. The sillage is quite a bomb on me also (and I am not shy with fragrances).
The saddest thing is that my husband hates it, he thinks it is cloying and annoying.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I like this fragrance more and more each time I wear it. It opens with a slightly sharp realistic peony and a crisp fruit note. It took me a couple of wearings to identify it is a tart apple note, like the apple in Hermes Le Jardin Sur le Toit. I think I was expecting a sweet apple, but this is a tart green one right off the tree. I get the lovely peony, blending with crisp apple, joined by rose and then jasmine. The florals almost seem to bloom on your skin but they are never too sweet. The peppery carnation keeps things smelling more natural, not like a sweet fruit bomb. Then the florals are joined by the suede note. At first the leather note is too much birch tar scent for me, but it softens very quickly and blends seamlessly with the florals. The drydown is really beautiful, with perfect balance between the suede note and the florals. All is soft but not too sweet and with excellent longevity for a Jo Malone. Also if you layer it with the wonderful Peony & Blush Suede body creme made by Jo Malone it really lasts a long time and smells delicious. The body creme is delicious and very lovely and moisturizing. Glad I purchased it as well as the fragrance.

I do not find this scent too simple- it showcases the notes that are in the fragrance without covering them up with too much added flotsam and jetsam like many perfumes do. Christine Nagel has outdone herself on this one. It reminds me of a favorite of mine, Jean-Claude Ellena's Hermes Kelly Caleche EDP, a similar perfectly balanced classy leather and floral scent. The Malone is of course more peony than rose, but both have a similar structure and both are very lovely and versatile.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Peony + white suede :) , warm, soft, sweet, fruity. My <3

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Nothing from Jo Malone is worth the money. But for nice simple fragrances, this one is just that... nice :)

xrayer
xrayer

Today I had to change my like to a love. The first time I tried this I didn't really rate it highly, it smelt pretty but that was it. Today it is quite different, a fresh soft peony with just the smallest hint of leather, it really does make me think of a perfect velvety peony petal. The longevity is better than some other Jo Malone fragrances I have tried, I am adding this to my want list!

almarie
almarie

I agree with the others- this is nice, but nothing special and more like a shampoo. An expensive smelling shampoo, IMO.

chillalot
chillalot

Im disappointed... this is my first whiff of Joe Malone..it's pleasant and safe..I love clean but this lacks personality
Smells like a nice shampoo

cockapoo9237
cockapoo9237

This is nothing new. If you like Peony, you will like this, as it is a pretty scent. But I've smelled this before, and for less $$.

Marie C Sim
Marie C Sim

This fragrance smells exactly like Coll Water for Women on my skin .... I am disappointed .... Fresh, clean smell, not justified by price though ....

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

I like how simple-pretty this is. It would go perfectly with a soft cotton tee, designer jeans, and nude pumps. I am fighting the urge to buy this for myself--- I am a bit too edgy for it. It's beautiful, unoffensive, soft, but the leather gives it a true maturity. I think I might get it for my Mom ( just so I can smell it on someone else! ) she liked it too!

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This was love at first sniff; a light, soft, and feminine beauty that I can't tear myself away from. The apple note, while strong on paper, fades almost immediately on my skin and I am left with light, airy peony dancing about and undertones of delicious suede. The rose is lipstick, which blends beautifully with the other notes. I don't detect any carnation. I don't understand the reviews likening this to a celebrity scent. It seems that anything with a fruit note draws that comparison nowadays, but if you stick around for the drydown you'll be rewarded with something beautiful. This is one of the few fragrances in this price category that I would say is worth the price tag. It's soft and romantic, and a fairly safe blind buy (particularly if you enjoy suede/leather notes or are looking for an easy-to-love suede as an introduction to the scent). By the way, the longevity is incredible- about 12 hours with just 2 sprays on me! I could see this becoming my signature for the spring!

bebe2014
bebe2014

Delish!!!!

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Peony and Blush Suede has to be one of the prettiest Jo Malone fragrances that I have smelled. Its sweet and girly, but has a slight edge considering the hint of a spicy carnation in the opening and the soft suede dry down. This fragrance happens to have a a strong apple note, which on my skin lasts the whole time. It also has very pretty peony note that light and refreshing its also complemented by a slight pink rose undertone.

Peony and Blush Suede is a fragrance that I find that most people who try it will enjoy. I feel like overtime it might even compare in popularity to their Nectarine Blossom and Honey. I have not tried layering it with anything yet, but I think it can easily work with a lot in their line. It very pretty fragrance that can easily be worn all year long and has great longevity too!

Edit:
~Layers quite nicely with Blackberry and Bay. ^_^

aokiwen
aokiwen

just like JM's ad photo of this one, it spells full of pink peony, suede is defintely awareble but coverd with peony.

very pink and warm feeling, it's not bad sepcially in winter, but not sure im gonna use it in other seasons.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

This is a very nice floral. Peony is strong. Not a complicated fragrance. Long lasting ony skin. This is definitely an every day perfume.

Caist
Caist

Thank-you for NOT doing a Rose launch Jo! (I'm over this rose non-SCENTS)

Warm-fresh/ suede "is" the texture/ modestly sexy-pretty

I was not very excited for this one, but Jo did mention this was NOT ONLY for women but were targeting men too (I'd reccomend blending it with Black Vetiver Cafe, with this one on top though. You don't want to come home discouraged from one of your bro's saying you smell like an "Aunt hug")

I really like it ON. The harmony in this fragrance is impressive, nothing hogs the spotlight, and boy does it warm up! A superb fall fragrance, the apple note was creative and the suede note is a great foundation.

My personal combo with this one:
Tom Ford's "Santal Blush", iced with Peony and Blush Suede.

Really nice creation by Jo Malone,this simply smells great, floral, with a smooth suede note, it is the perfect scent for fall and winter, I honestly don't find it sweet, but it isn't sharp or screechy either.Way better than any celebrity scent.
Smells pretty, feminine, elegant, refined also..I like it a lot...it is like a more feminine version of Bottega, Bottega being in the masculine earthy vibe.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Okay so I received a sample of this today and I have to say, I'm quite surprised by it! It starts off as a sweet juicy apple, but as one of the reviews below mention- it doesn't stay that way for very long at all, before you know it you're left with a gorgeous and VERY floral dry down, with a hint of the suede coming through to give it some oomph, it adds a nice edge- completely disagree with the reviews that liken this to a celeb scent, I definitely don't know of any celebrity scent that is so strongly floral. It is a very light and feminine scent, not a femme fatal kind of perfume but a classy every day fragrance. It's truly lovely and romantic. It does remind me a little of DKNY Fresh Blossom (which I like), but not as sweet, more expensive smelling and floral. I like it a lot.

bahartu
bahartu

This is my favorute spring time scent.It is floral, light and a little bit sweet.
Perfect for first date or wedding(or gift:))!!!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Sweet florals blend delicately into sun washed woods and stay close to the skin. I wish the apple would stay longer than as a top note but it disappears almost immediately. That would have made Peony & Blush Suede interesting. Otherwise, this boils down to a basic all-around similar feeling scent with a not quite distinct leather base that you know is there but mollified by the florals. Pleasant but relegated to the back shelf for days when a quiet fragrance is needed that won't offend a soul. Good for day wear with constant reapplication. Jo Malone's Peony & Blush Suede won't violate anyone's air space so it's an easy call to wear, but then again, it won't be one that you'll wear where folks will say "What's that glorious perfume you're wearing?"

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

Really wanted to like this as I am a big Jo Malone fan. Got some samples from Bloomingdales and tried it yesterday. It is your typical sharp, powdery, Estee Lauder floral. If you like EL fragrances you will like this. I'm not a fan of EL fragrances except for Tuberose Gardenia. Sure wish EL had not bought Jo Malone. It seems to me the type of fragrances being introduced in the line are changing. Will take a pass on this one.

marinaw90
marinaw90

Average fragrance which will no doubt be popular with the younger age group. Unfortunately it is not for me. This is quite an unoriginal offering from Jo Malone, as someone said below, it could be easily mistaken for a popular designer or celebrity scent. From the marketing I expected a much girlier and floral scent, but it really isn't that at all. It is slightly masculine and the floral notes fade away so quickly.

Edit: the dry down is reminding me of a male cologne but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. An ex boyfriend of mine used to wear something similar to this dry down! It must be the leather note. Not one I'll be wearing.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Soft floral scent with peony, jasmine and apple. Girly, Sunny Spring daytime wear. Prominent peony and jasmine notes make some great fragrance combinations together.
Like a bouquet of freshly picked flowers:)
Generally speaking, likable, high mass appeal.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I tried this one tonight. It is a likeable fragrance but for me it veers awfully close to Celebrity Fragrance Town. If someone had told me that this was the newest Jessica Simpson fragrance I would have believed them, because it's pretty, sweet, musky and a bit candy-like. The prices in Australia for Jo Malone are nothing short of ridiculous (30ml for $90 and 100ml for $170). The prices in the USA are roughly half that.

I'm guessing that the folks at Lauder (they own this line) are hoping that their sort of punter probably doesn't go near cheap celebrity fragrances and will think this is much more unique than it really is.

chio17
chio17

the best! smells like heaven...the staying power is awesome!

Buttonbear
Buttonbear

This new offering from Jo Malone is a beautiful, grown up floral with a powdery musk dry down. I prefer my scents to have a slightly masculine edge to them, especially those I wear to work, as they seem more 'professional' to me. Whether it's the cologne format or the addition of the suede notes this has that slightly aftershave-y edge that distinguishes it from so many overpowering florals which just turn sickly after a while.
I've already stuck this on my Christmas list - don't think I would purchase it in candle format though as I think it needs the warmth of skin to bring out it's true character.
Subtle but sexy, feminine but not girlish. Perfect.

mluckyg
mluckyg

On my skin, this is light fragrance. Pretty and romantic. Soft leather, apple, peony and rose plus natural apple sweetness. The soft leather scent adds depth and longevity. All the ingredients are well blended.
Soft projection. Suitable for spring and summer.

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

In my opinion a nice spring, summer floral. Bridal fragrance.

Not my cup of tea, didn't work it's magic on my skin. However, work colleague who purchased it this morning smelt nice.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I got a sample of it because notes sound interesting-I am kind of looking for rose scent that I can handle since most rose fragrances smell medicinal to my nose.
Intially, it smells very strongly of apple and fresh roses...little time after, I start smelling peonies and hint of suede. I LOVE peonies, its one of my favorite flowers and this scent has rather a unique take on it. I would describe it as musky floral that is rather different from most mainstream scents. For some reason I picture a well dressed woman in a expensive suede coat, who walked through the cloud of rose and peony fragrance.
Suede and florals together are rather different but I usually like different.
This also seem to last a bit longer than some other JM stuff. I wish it came in edp because cologne formulation is really not my cup of tea. This is interesting enough for me to consider purchasing

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I picked this one up last weekend at Neiman's and so far I'm enjoying it although have only worn it a few times. The opening is floral with the apple brightening it, it quickly settles down on me to the suede and apple notes with a hint of the peony. The apple is definitely there linked to the peony. I don't get a lot of jasmine but that's ok, it is part of the composition but not necessarily a star. It's a very nice soft warm scent that I can wear to the office. I like it better than a lot of other Jo Malones (and I own several, so I am a fan). It is a bit more complex and less sweet than many of the JM compositions.

Cairon
Cairon

I could not wait to check out this new fragrance so I literally rushed to the Bloomingdale's in Soho this afternoon after hearing that they had the scent in stock. Although it is a nice scent and will become very popular, unfortunately this isn't a scent for me. First, it reminded me too much of other, more common scents - I think it was Ombre Rose (maybe?) and I look to JM for something more unique and special. Second - it just did not work for my body chemistry. I was expecting it to smell like Peony and suede - silly me - neither of which I detected. It was more fruity and warm and almost "oriental" feeling. On me it smelled like I had applied apple juice mixed with vanilla. I didn't find if flowery at all. As a point of reference, the JM scents I prefer (in order) - French Lime Blossom, Red Roses, English Pear and Freesia, Bluebell. If you are looking for a light floral scent, this is not it.

doowee.teja
doowee.teja

I love how this perfume smells sweet but not too overpowering! Smells like apple, yet flowery too. It smells like a first date! it makes you feel so bubbly.
It's good for summer time because it blends well with me! I have tried so many kind, but by the end of the day it fades away unless I spray onto my clothes. I was having a moment of doubt when I pre-order it because I don't know how it smells..
I love and adore this Jomalone so much! I highly recommend this perfume, you will not regret it!

Jessicagardenia
Jessicagardenia

This one is Surprisingly long lasting. It leaves a generous flower note several minutes after applying. Sophisticated and addictive. Love it.

Csarina

On mature reflection, this perfume has a zhuzh of night scented stock and there is a definite carnation in there, also rose. There is something fruity there too, not zesty but maybe strawberry. Delicious in every way. There is a beautiful thing comes out of it after about 8 hours wear, just a beautiful thing, if you know what I mean, maybe it's the night scented stock I am smelling. So Delicious..... I write as I speak, I do not get too scientific!!!!! I have just been told by my Jo Malone girl that this perfume is not available to buy until September, but I was lucky enough to receive a full sized bottle, a gift from Jo Malone London.

Csarina

I was very lucky to receive a free gift of this beautiful perfume from Jo Malone, as I am a longtime and frequent customer of Jo Malone fragrances. It is absolutely gorgeous, flowery, powdery, long lasting. I am not sure what the smell of Peonies is, but this fragrance is full of flowers and beautifully soft and warm. My husband absolutely loves it on me, and has requested that I always wear it from now on. I don't know about that though, as I like to have a change occasionally. I certainly will be wearing this throughout the rest of the summer though, and will buy again. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Peony and Blush Suede by Jo Malone 4.01 out of 5 based on 439 ratings and 70 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Peony and Blush Suede by Jo Malone. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Peony and Blush Suede by Jo Malone represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.