Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Peony and Blush Suede Jo Malone for women
dislike

leather
Peony and Blush Suede Jo Malone for women Pictures

Peony and Blush Suede by Jo Malone is a Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Peony and Blush Suede was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel. Top note is red apple; middle notes are peony, jasmine, carnation and rose; base note is suede.

Red Apple

OlfractalInfemme

Ruined by calone.

Mnekb
Mnekb

My boyfriend thinks that it smells like sour cherries and he loves it! He picked this for me and i think it's a good choice.

To me it is smells like sweetened powdery roses. I smell a strong rose note and surprisingly i really like it. I expected a very long lasting perfume but unfortunately, it has moderate or even weak lasting power. Sillage is not bad as its longevity.

dkny27
dkny27

Delicious, divine peony and apple, gorgeous flowers and fruit on the opening... And the sillage, very much "unlike" Jo Malone, you can smell the cloud around you....
Then the dry down presents this incredible fruity suede... But not in the leathery sense, it feels musky.
This is the kind of fragrance that you keep tilting your head to catch the after-scent... When you bury your nose into your elbow to take a deep breath and everyone wonders what on earth is wrong with you...And you lift your face and smile!!!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very strong peony, not shy as the note usually is. Warmed up a bit by the suede, but the two notes don't blend or mesh together especially well. Lasts well and is a very feminine take on leather.

rinz09
rinz09

Maybe it's because I have a peony scented shampoo, but this is all shampoo scent on me. I don't get the hype on this one at all. It's boring, too sweet, and weirdly soapy. Like pretty much every JM fragrance it's linear as all get out. I have several JM fragrances already but this will not be joining them.

Beauty4Ashes
Beauty4Ashes

A lovely warm fruity floral. The suede note is very soft and makes it more of a cooler weather scent for me. The bright apple opening is the best part of the fragrance. The dry down is fairly mediocre. If Jo Malone had a fragrance that could be mistaken for a Chanel, this would be the one. It's also the most long lasting Jo Malone I've ever smelled. Very pretty, but not enough of a love factor for me to repurchase. But, I'll continue to enjoy my 30 ml bottle until it's gone.

JaiTee
JaiTee

My first thought: this smells like an Evelyn and Crabtree store. It's that blast of floral, with a touch of the fruity.

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

It is sweet and it is very long lasting to me (usually Jo Malone on me it only stays about 3 hours with few exceptions). It lasts about 8 hours on me and becomes sweeter and sweeter. I don't think I could wear this in summer but I feel it is a very nice sprng scent. I often combine this Red Roses even if it is not in their combination charts. I like that it gets a tiny fresher. The sillage is quite a bomb on me also (and I am not shy with fragrances).
The saddest thing is that my husband hates it, he thinks it is cloying and annoying.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I like this fragrance more and more each time I wear it. It opens with a slightly sharp realistic peony and a crisp fruit note. It took me a couple of wearings to identify it is a tart apple note, like the apple in Hermes Le Jardin Sur le Toit. I think I was expecting a sweet apple, but this is a tart green one right off the tree. I get the lovely peony, blending with crisp apple, joined by rose and then jasmine. The florals almost seem to bloom on your skin but they are never too sweet. The peppery carnation keeps things smelling more natural, not like a sweet fruit bomb. Then the florals are joined by the suede note. At first the leather note is too much birch tar scent for me, but it softens very quickly and blends seamlessly with the florals. The drydown is really beautiful, with perfect balance between the suede note and the florals. All is soft but not too sweet and with excellent longevity for a Jo Malone. Also if you layer it with the wonderful Peony & Blush Suede body creme made by Jo Malone it really lasts a long time and smells delicious. The body creme is delicious and very lovely and moisturizing. Glad I purchased it as well as the fragrance.

I do not find this scent too simple- it showcases the notes that are in the fragrance without covering them up with too much added flotsam and jetsam like many perfumes do. Christine Nagel has outdone herself on this one. It reminds me of a favorite of mine, Jean-Claude Ellena's Hermes Kelly Caleche EDP, a similar perfectly balanced classy leather and floral scent. The Malone is of course more peony than rose, but both have a similar structure and both are very lovely and versatile.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Peony + white suede :) , warm, soft, sweet, fruity. My <3

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

I expected it to be a sweet, cloying, floral mess. But low and behold, I was wrong. It smells just like an expensive red wine :D I give this, 5 boobies up.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Nothing from Jo Malone is worth the money. But for nice simple fragrances, this one is just that... nice :)

xrayer
xrayer

Today I had to change my like to a love. The first time I tried this I didn't really rate it highly, it smelt pretty but that was it. Today it is quite different, a fresh soft peony with just the smallest hint of leather, it really does make me think of a perfect velvety peony petal. The longevity is better than some other Jo Malone fragrances I have tried, I am adding this to my want list!

almarie
almarie

I agree with the others- this is nice, but nothing special and more like a shampoo. An expensive smelling shampoo, IMO.

chillalot
chillalot

Im disappointed... this is my first whiff of Joe Malone..it's pleasant and safe..I love clean but this lacks personality
Smells like a nice shampoo

cockapoo9237
cockapoo9237

This is nothing new. If you like Peony, you will like this, as it is a pretty scent. But I've smelled this before, and for less $$.

Marie C Sim
Marie C Sim

This fragrance smells exactly like Coll Water for Women on my skin .... I am disappointed .... Fresh, clean smell, not justified by price though ....

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

I like how simple-pretty this is. It would go perfectly with a soft cotton tee, designer jeans, and nude pumps. I am fighting the urge to buy this for myself--- I am a bit too edgy for it. It's beautiful, unoffensive, soft, but the leather gives it a true maturity. I think I might get it for my Mom ( just so I can smell it on someone else! ) she liked it too!

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This was love at first sniff; a light, soft, and feminine beauty that I can't tear myself away from. The apple note, while strong on paper, fades almost immediately on my skin and I am left with light, airy peony dancing about and undertones of delicious suede. The rose is lipstick, which blends beautifully with the other notes. I don't detect any carnation. Deep into the drydown it turns into a perfect "like skin, but better" scent on me. I don't understand the reviews likening this to a celebrity scent. It seems that anything with a fruit note draws that comparison nowadays, but if you stick around for the drydown you'll be rewarded with something beautiful. This is one of the few fragrances in this price category that I would say is worth the price tag. It's soft and romantic, and a fairly safe blind buy (particularly if you enjoy suede/leather notes or are looking for an easy-to-love suede as an introduction to the scent). While this does not smell like Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Tiare Mimosa, it is clearly in the same vein and has a similar feel. By the way, the longevity is incredible- about 12 hours with just 2 sprays on me! I could see this becoming my signature for the spring!
Edit: This has in fact become my signature. My boss said today that she loves standing near me at work because my perfume is "intoxicating." Big win for Peony Blush!

bebe2014
bebe2014

Delish!!!!

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Peony and Blush Suede has to be one of the prettiest Jo Malone fragrances that I have smelled. Its sweet and girly, but has a slight edge considering the hint of a spicy carnation in the opening and the soft suede dry down. This fragrance happens to have a a strong apple note, which on my skin lasts the whole time. It also has very pretty peony note that light and refreshing its also complemented by a slight pink rose undertone.

Peony and Blush Suede is a fragrance that I find that most people who try it will enjoy. I feel like overtime it might even compare in popularity to their Nectarine Blossom and Honey. I have not tried layering it with anything yet, but I think it can easily work with a lot in their line. It very pretty fragrance that can easily be worn all year long and has great longevity too!

Edit:
~Layers quite nicely with Blackberry and Bay. ^_^

aokiwen
aokiwen

just like JM's ad photo of this one, it spells full of pink peony, suede is defintely awareble but coverd with peony.

very pink and warm feeling, it's not bad sepcially in winter, but not sure im gonna use it in other seasons.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

This is a very nice floral. Peony is strong. Not a complicated fragrance. Long lasting ony skin. This is definitely an every day perfume.

Caist
Caist

Thank-you for NOT doing a Rose launch Jo! (I'm over this rose non-SCENTS)

Warm-fresh/ suede "is" the texture/ modestly sexy-pretty

I was not very excited for this one, but Jo did mention this was NOT ONLY for women but were targeting men too (I'd reccomend blending it with Black Vetiver Cafe, with this one on top though. You don't want to come home discouraged from one of your bro's saying you smell like an "Aunt hug")

I really like it ON. The harmony in this fragrance is impressive, nothing hogs the spotlight, and boy does it warm up! A superb fall fragrance, the apple note was creative and the suede note is a great foundation.

My personal combo with this one:
Tom Ford's "Santal Blush", iced with Peony and Blush Suede.

Really nice creation by Jo Malone,this simply smells great, floral, with a smooth suede note, it is the perfect scent for fall and winter, I honestly don't find it sweet, but it isn't sharp or screechy either.Way better than any celebrity scent.
Smells pretty, feminine, elegant, refined also..I like it a lot...it is like a more feminine version of Bottega, Bottega being in the masculine earthy vibe.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Okay so I received a sample of this today and I have to say, I'm quite surprised by it! It starts off as a sweet juicy apple, but as one of the reviews below mention- it doesn't stay that way for very long at all, before you know it you're left with a gorgeous and VERY floral dry down, with a hint of the suede coming through to give it some oomph, it adds a nice edge- completely disagree with the reviews that liken this to a celeb scent, I definitely don't know of any celebrity scent that is so strongly floral. It is a very light and feminine scent, not a femme fatal kind of perfume but a classy every day fragrance. It's truly lovely and romantic. It does remind me a little of DKNY Fresh Blossom (which I like), but not as sweet, more expensive smelling and floral. I like it a lot.

bahartu
bahartu

This is my favorute spring time scent.It is floral, light and a little bit sweet.
Perfect for first date or wedding(or gift:))!!!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Sweet florals blend delicately into sun washed woods and stay close to the skin. I wish the apple would stay longer than as a top note but it disappears almost immediately. That would have made Peony & Blush Suede interesting. Otherwise, this boils down to a basic all-around similar feeling scent with a not quite distinct leather base that you know is there but mollified by the florals. Pleasant but relegated to the back shelf for days when a quiet fragrance is needed that won't offend a soul. Good for day wear with constant reapplication. Jo Malone's Peony & Blush Suede won't violate anyone's air space so it's an easy call to wear, but then again, it won't be one that you'll wear where folks will say "What's that glorious perfume you're wearing?"

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

Really wanted to like this as I am a big Jo Malone fan. Got some samples from Bloomingdales and tried it yesterday. It is your typical sharp, powdery, Estee Lauder floral. If you like EL fragrances you will like this. I'm not a fan of EL fragrances except for Tuberose Gardenia. Sure wish EL had not bought Jo Malone. It seems to me the type of fragrances being introduced in the line are changing. Will take a pass on this one.

marinaw90
marinaw90

Average fragrance which will no doubt be popular with the younger age group. Unfortunately it is not for me. This is quite an unoriginal offering from Jo Malone, as someone said below, it could be easily mistaken for a popular designer or celebrity scent. From the marketing I expected a much girlier and floral scent, but it really isn't that at all. It is slightly masculine and the floral notes fade away so quickly.

Edit: the dry down is reminding me of a male cologne but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. An ex boyfriend of mine used to wear something similar to this dry down! It must be the leather note. Not one I'll be wearing.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Soft floral scent with peony, jasmine and apple. Girly, Sunny Spring daytime wear. Prominent peony and jasmine notes make some great fragrance combinations together.
Like a bouquet of freshly picked flowers:)
Generally speaking, likable, high mass appeal.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I tried this one tonight. It is a likeable fragrance but for me it veers awfully close to Celebrity Fragrance Town. If someone had told me that this was the newest Jessica Simpson fragrance I would have believed them, because it's pretty, sweet, musky and a bit candy-like. The prices in Australia for Jo Malone are nothing short of ridiculous (30ml for $90 and 100ml for $170). The prices in the USA are roughly half that.

I'm guessing that the folks at Lauder (they own this line) are hoping that their sort of punter probably doesn't go near cheap celebrity fragrances and will think this is much more unique than it really is.

chio17
chio17

the best! smells like heaven...the staying power is awesome!

Buttonbear
Buttonbear

This new offering from Jo Malone is a beautiful, grown up floral with a powdery musk dry down. I prefer my scents to have a slightly masculine edge to them, especially those I wear to work, as they seem more 'professional' to me. Whether it's the cologne format or the addition of the suede notes this has that slightly aftershave-y edge that distinguishes it from so many overpowering florals which just turn sickly after a while.
I've already stuck this on my Christmas list - don't think I would purchase it in candle format though as I think it needs the warmth of skin to bring out it's true character.
Subtle but sexy, feminine but not girlish. Perfect.

mluckyg
mluckyg

On my skin, this is light fragrance. Pretty and romantic. Soft leather, apple and rose and other floral plus natural apple sweetness. The soft leather scent adds depth and longevity. All the ingredients are well blended.
Soft projection. Suitable for spring and summer.

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

In my opinion a nice spring, summer floral. Bridal fragrance.

Not my cup of tea, didn't work it's magic on my skin. However, work colleague who purchased it this morning smelt nice.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I got a sample of it because notes sound interesting-I am kind of looking for rose scent that I can handle since most rose fragrances smell medicinal to my nose.
Intially, it smells very strongly of apple and fresh roses...little time after, I start smelling peonies and hint of suede. I LOVE peonies, its one of my favorite flowers and this scent has rather a unique take on it. I would describe it as musky floral that is rather different from most mainstream scents. For some reason I picture a well dressed woman in a expensive suede coat, who walked through the cloud of rose and peony fragrance.
Suede and florals together are rather different but I usually like different.
This also seem to last a bit longer than some other JM stuff. I wish it came in edp because cologne formulation is really not my cup of tea. This is interesting enough for me to consider purchasing

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I picked this one up last weekend at Neiman's and so far I'm enjoying it although have only worn it a few times. The opening is floral with the apple brightening it, it quickly settles down on me to the suede and apple notes with a hint of the peony. The apple is definitely there linked to the peony. I don't get a lot of jasmine but that's ok, it is part of the composition but not necessarily a star. It's a very nice soft warm scent that I can wear to the office. I like it better than a lot of other Jo Malones (and I own several, so I am a fan). It is a bit more complex and less sweet than many of the JM compositions.

Cairon
Cairon

I could not wait to check out this new fragrance so I literally rushed to the Bloomingdale's in Soho this afternoon after hearing that they had the scent in stock. Although it is a nice scent and will become very popular, unfortunately this isn't a scent for me. First, it reminded me too much of other, more common scents - I think it was Ombre Rose (maybe?) and I look to JM for something more unique and special. Second - it just did not work for my body chemistry. I was expecting it to smell like Peony and suede - silly me - neither of which I detected. It was more fruity and warm and almost "oriental" feeling. On me it smelled like I had applied apple juice mixed with vanilla. I didn't find if flowery at all. As a point of reference, the JM scents I prefer (in order) - French Lime Blossom, Red Roses, English Pear and Freesia, Bluebell. If you are looking for a light floral scent, this is not it.

doowee.teja
doowee.teja

I love how this perfume smells sweet but not too overpowering! Smells like apple, yet flowery too. It smells like a first date! it makes you feel so bubbly.
It's good for summer time because it blends well with me! I have tried so many kind, but by the end of the day it fades away unless I spray onto my clothes. I was having a moment of doubt when I pre-order it because I don't know how it smells..
I love and adore this Jomalone so much! I highly recommend this perfume, you will not regret it!

Jessicagardenia
Jessicagardenia

This one is Surprisingly long lasting. It leaves a generous flower note several minutes after applying. Sophisticated and addictive. Love it.

Csarina

On mature reflection, this perfume has a zhuzh of night scented stock and there is a definite carnation in there, also rose. There is something fruity there too, not zesty but maybe strawberry. Delicious in every way. There is a beautiful thing comes out of it after about 8 hours wear, just a beautiful thing, if you know what I mean, maybe it's the night scented stock I am smelling. So Delicious..... I write as I speak, I do not get too scientific!!!!! I have just been told by my Jo Malone girl that this perfume is not available to buy until September, but I was lucky enough to receive a full sized bottle, a gift from Jo Malone London.

Csarina

I was very lucky to receive a free gift of this beautiful perfume from Jo Malone, as I am a longtime and frequent customer of Jo Malone fragrances. It is absolutely gorgeous, flowery, powdery, long lasting. I am not sure what the smell of Peonies is, but this fragrance is full of flowers and beautifully soft and warm. My husband absolutely loves it on me, and has requested that I always wear it from now on. I don't know about that though, as I like to have a change occasionally. I certainly will be wearing this throughout the rest of the summer though, and will buy again. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Peony and Blush Suede by Jo Malone 3.95 out of 5 based on 188 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Peony and Blush Suede by Jo Malone. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Peony and Blush Suede by Jo Malone represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.