Designers » I-K » Floral Green « Groups

Red Roses Jo Malone for women
dislike

ozonic
Red Roses Jo Malone for women Pictures Red Roses Jo Malone for women Pictures

Red Roses by Jo Malone is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Red Roses was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Jo Malone. The fragrance features mint, red rose, violet leaf and lemon.

Mint Red Rose Violet Leaf Lemon

Sa Majeste la Rose
Tea Rose
Elisabethan Rose

Red Roses Fragrance Reviews

babylima
babylima

while most roses fragrances smell cheap this truly smells authentic.i really want to love this as ive always been a fan of jo malone and rose fragrances. however i applied it overnight twice (i sleptover at my frd's house) the smell changed so much i couldn't wait to take a shower and wash it off. it didnt even smell like roses anymore.

Fleurissima
Fleurissima

The rose scent I usually experience with other fragrances is very warm and delicately sweet. However, this particular rose concoction comes of smelling wet, fresh, cool and with a trail of earthy tones, almost like a rose after the rain. It literally smells like a bouquet of red roses you receive from the flower shop. I would not say this is at all an unfavourable characteristic, as I do appreciate the scent itself, but, I have to admit I much prefer using this fragrance as a room spray.

nabegum
nabegum

I don't find this strong but it does smell rosy. Not sweet, just rose.. only rose. The smell of dark red roses. Once a while I smell a faint green note. My friend was looking for the smell of potpourri and I told her to smell me. lol.

I don't know if it's good to smell of potpourri but this one reminds me of a colleague who used to wear this type of perfume many years ago.. All I smelled on her was all roses. I have never come across it until I bought the Jo Malone Red Roses, which is very close to it. I do like it just as I like it on my colleague.
Packaging wise, I adore the simplicity of the bottle. Sits nicely on my dresser.

Fioletowy
Fioletowy

This isn't just the rose, it's the whole bush right down to the roots and the earth it sits in. Too vegetal for me although the soap is nice.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

I surmise this a predominantly female feedback page (given the fragrance), but having smelled it on my sisters as well as on my fiancée, I can honestly say (to my nose)- no, there are much much better Rose-based frags out there!!!

*Rose Absolue: Annick Goutal
*Xerjoff: Damarose
*Fleurs De Bulgarie: Creed

TWZDobermom
TWZDobermom

My favorite rose perfume, it has a very strong, heavy scent of roses. Layered with the soap&body lotion, the scent is very noticeable - I've had people several feet away ask what I was wearing. I prefer it for cooler weather or summer evenings, as its scent becomes stronger with increased body temperature.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

This opens up as a fresh garden rose bouquet. No green, no powder, no sweetness, just basic garden rose. It conjures up memories of the rose scented Barbie Doll accessories from my childhood back in the 80s. It's a basic rose Solifleur without much depth. It's fairly short lived. I got about 2-3 hours out of it.

sushijunkie
sushijunkie

This and Stella McCartney Stella are the only rose fragrances I love thus far. I love mixing Red Roses with Jo Malone Redcurrant and Cream (LE) which to me makes it less cloying and more wearable in warm weather. Love :)

JaiTee
JaiTee

This brings me back to my childhood home, which was built after the war and featured an old garden, which we inherited, and which was filled with strong, climbimg rose bushes.

My mum would tend her red roses every year, and I would rub the soft petals against my cheeks while I watched her work.

JM Red Roses brings me back to those sunny afternoons. When I smell this scent, I am five-years-old once again, and sticking my nose into my mum's rose to inhale the scent.

I love this as a bedtime scent. So calming.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

Yuck!!! How can anyone like this. It's smells like rose mixed with lemon mint, I'm just not a fan of of this perfume. Perhaps it's the mint and lemon that ruin it. The lemon wears off slightly as the scent settles into your skin, and then your left with rose and slight mint. I'm thankful I purchased a sample of this instead of buying a full bottle on a blind buy like I was planning to. I don't think I'd be purchasing this scent at all. Needless to say I'm using my sample as a bathroom air freshner.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I love rose but I normally dont like soliflore perfume s however I do like some and jo malone red roses is one of theecceptios, its just so fresh and suvh higj quality and the rosr smells to me of pure red, velvety petals fresh with morning dew. Exceptional quality! Definitely a keeper for me

Germany
Germany

Not my thing. I love roses in a fragrance a lot. I have all kinds of rose perfumes. I like them sweet , I like them spicy and I like them dark I suppose. But this Jo malone is one of those single rose perfumes that smell of a real plain realistic rose , which to my nose is slightly bitter or all in all just too rosy , like Lutens Berlin or un rose by FM , too single rose for me. I like my roses with a twist and interest. I also don't like fresh rose perfumes , and maybe that's why I can't like this ,
I do agree that there is a horse stable note in here. Real roses tent to have that smell though. Maybe this needs another Malone to make this more warm and then it maybe lovely. I won't be buying this one.

katushka37
katushka37

Straight away I get big luscious roses with stems, leaves and thorns. It smells very true to its name and has very good sillage for couple of hours...but once it settles rose note tones down quite a bit and a weird sour chemical smell appears (possibly a reaction with my skin). I will use it mainly for layering.
It is a shame because I really loved it at the beginning. I must admit that it smells very similar to Tea Rose but Tea Rose fades on me to subtle rose oil scent (I still can't believe it is about 1/10 th of the price of Red Roses)

cremitasperfumadas
cremitasperfumadas

Vaporizar un poco de "Red Roses" de Jo Malone es como adentrarse en un mágico jardín de rosas recién floridas. Su delicioso aroma hace homenaje a la más bella y romántica de las rosas. Para mí es la Rosa Perfecta. Adoro este perfume.

vlsh9
vlsh9

Was looking forward to getting this so badly but when I got it it was a disappointment. The smell was too clean for me and I felt as though it could be used as an air freshener instead of a perfume. Definitely an original but not my kinda thing, sadly.

Alf2013
Alf2013

I use this frag just to layer it with other smoky, or tart perfumes, for example, I had it use along Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud and, with just one spritz on the upper chest area -a minute after applying the oud based one in this case- will soften the tartness, and bitterness of the smokier frag, adding a nice, mildly sweet, floral background; thus creating a pleasant scent that last for hours on my oily skin.
Anyhow, it must be used with discretion because it is strong, and will become cloying if over applied, specially when layered with another strong frag.
The only thing I do not like about this frag, is that it turns indolic at the dry down -like most other flower based scents I have tried- and there is nothing wrong about it, but I just do not appreciate indolic scents.

clrieger
clrieger

A beautiful rose cologne, although it's longevity matches that of many EDP fragrances (can spray on and still smell aroma 10 hrs later...wow!). Lovely lemon in the initial spray, with violet leaf present for a few hours, with rose standing alone in the end. Many compliments from people when I wear it. Wear it alone or layer and blend. Blends nicely with other Jo Malone fragrances when you want something warm (Nutmeg & Ginger), woody (154 cologne) or fresh (French Lime Blossom).

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

This is not your pink, respectable rose perfume. Right out of the gate it goes BIG: the loudest, reddest roses, drippingly moist. After that knockout, it drifts away, unremarkably. Perhaps this rose is best for blending with the line of intense colognes featuring oud to smooth out the animal edges of the agarwood.

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

I have several Jo Malone perfumes and I'm quite happy with them. Red Roses unfortunately is the exception. Initially it did remind me of Tea Rose but better. The lemon is quiet but fresh.

I am not a huge rose fan but for about an hour it's really pretty IMO. Sadly it actually became disgusting on my skin. I smelled an unclean note that would be very hard to describe to anyone who never cleaned a horse stall with dirt floors- a hint of earth, horse urine and lime (not the fruit).

I realize that negative reviews are not popular, however I do want to warn people that this is not a safe blind buy and to my nose the top notes are deceptive. I really think most people will love this but it was a train wreck on me. I did enjoy remembering my pony club days. I just don't want to smell like a stable- very mixed messages as this one is both beautiful and repulsive.

I'm expecting this may get voted off but an update- longevity is great however it's all barnyard 6 hours later.

Maybelle
Maybelle

Pretty but not very interesting. It disappears on me very quickly.

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

Absolutely the most gorgeous fragrance I have ever worn; clean, fresh and lovely. I receive compliments from men and women every time I wear it, all day long. It amazes me; I have never gotten this type of overwhelmingly positive reaction to any other fragrance, ever. I hate heavy fragrances, and like to wear light clean floral or citrus scents. Since I discovered Red Roses, it's now my signature fragrance. My favorite reaction was when all the male court officers at the courthouse ( I'm an attorney) came up to ask me the name of the perfume I was wearing so they could buy it for their wives and girlfriends, and I heard them all discussing the "Jo Malone website" during breaks in the trial proceedings. Hilarious. Gorgeous,gorgeous fragrance. I love it.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I applied Red Roses as a bedtime perfume at about 11p.m. and could still smell it very strongly upon awakening this morning - 9 hours! For a Jo Malone this is VERY impressive IMO, as most of hers I have tried are gone within an hour, with the exception of Redcurrant & Cream which lasts approx. 3 hours.

Although I like a lot of Jo Malone's perfumes, I won't buy them as they are very expensive for the parlous longevity. I'm not a huge lover of roses, only because I prefer other scents, but this one is just lovely, it is a simple deep red like Avon (the breed of rose) or Mr. Lincoln, and I would highly recommend it if rose is your thing. As far as rose perfumes go, it's a 10/10.

sunnycocoloco
sunnycocoloco

Very realistic, clean rose perfume. Smells exactly fresh-cut bouquet of roses.

Kiku
Kiku

I don't smell anything in this but roses and what roses they are! Big and lusty. This is not your typical polite and dainty oh-so-soft rose perfume. It is adventurous and challenging, very clean and robust. It softens a bit on the drydown and develops a romantic,"far away" quality: roses on a summer evening, something just beyond memory.. One of the purest rose scents you'll ever find and surprizingly strong. If you like rose fragrances "Red Roses" should be the heart of your collection.

Eos
Eos

The opening of Red Roses is fresh and beautiful, actually smelling startlingly like it's namesake. The heart notes are extremely heady and I was shocked that I didn't see either clove or star anise listed among the notes. The dry down is very pretty but again hyper realistic. If the opening is a lush, dewy rose at dawn; the drydown is that same rose at 3pm on a hot sunny day. Its the smell of standing in your back yard next to a red rosebush that has been in direct sunlight for most of a summer's afternoon, and the dry, hot, cedar beauty bark that the rose was planted in.

Longevity and sillage of this scent were insane by JM standards.
Sillage= approximately 10 feet.
Longevity= 10 hours on my skin.

Beautiful layered with JM's Oud & Bergamot or a straight vanilla scent. Gorgeous when layered with patchouli oil.

RedLady
RedLady

Goodness, you might as well sit in a dewy rose bush. Undoubtedly the most authentic rose scent I've ever sampled. Impressive.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

This is such a lovely rose perfume and is surprisingly strong, considering it is a Jo Malone fragrance. A great scent for a rose lover like me. It is mainly roses as the name would imply. I think the strongest rose in this is a tea rose, but I also get a hint of mint and violet leafs. This scent is actually surprisingly similar to Victoria's Secret So in Love, which I already own and costs about a fraction of the price. I also have to mention that this does not resemble Florabotanica, which is also an amazing rose perfume. If you are looking for a rose perfume this one is great if you are willing to spend the money on it. ^_^

Kiera79
Kiera79

I like the super realistic rose notes of this, but the citrus isn't working for me at all. And although I like rose, this is a bit overwhelming.

aschiffm
aschiffm

slightly dried herby, rosy red & nostalgic. smells very real & romantic. a great date perfume that won't scare away your date- its classy because its fresh but sexy because it's deep. a must-try for authentic rose fans.

i have a bottle of dried red rose petals that i just occasionally sniff because of the effect it has on my psyche.... this is extremely similar to the scent of those dried-but-still-moist rose petals, and i get to wear it as a perfume yay!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I think if you like to smell like fresh roses go no further. This does smell like actual fresh roses. Alas, the fresh roses do smell rather clean and almost medicinal to my nose and I really don't care for it. It also seems rather strong, at least initially.
Definately not for me but if you like rose scents, you may enjoy it

Arkira M.
Arkira M.

All i can smell from this fragrance is ROSE!

Top note: Fresh-cut blooming red roses in the morning >> i reallllly love this phase!
Mid note: Roses Bouquet
Base note: Dried rose >> not my love

JML Red Roses is must have item for rose lover BUT it's danger for who hate rose!

igraha
igraha

i love it!it's a simple,but perfect!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Oh my goodness, this is killer. I love real roses, but this scent is so strong it choked me. I felt like I was being strangled by a bunch of roses that had all wrapped their stems around my throat and were slowly but surely choking me while they poured rose liquer on my face. Sorry, but I had to scrub it off. Just too much unrelenting rose for me to actually wear. This scent needs other notes, please!

Nothing can surpass the romantic aroma of a bouquet of red roses. If you have ever desired to scent your skin with such a fragrance, then Jo Malone's Red Roses Cologne will delight you in more ways than one.

Red Roses is a fairly basic fragrance, but one that I find quite captivating. It opens with a natural and slightly potent red rose accord, brightened by a touch of sweet lemon.

In the initial stages, Red Roses smells lush, feminine and dewy-fresh. However the more this fragrance settles on the skin, the more clean it begins to smell. I have fond memories of using old-fashioned, rose scented soaps and talcum powder as a child. I believe it was my Aunt who gifted me such things every Birthday and Christmas. The drydown reminds me of these cherished possessions of my youth.

Red Roses has an old-fashioned, floral charm. It may not appeal to everyone, but for those that love a simple rose scent, it will surely impress. I personally would enjoy layering Red Roses with richer, more oriental based fragrances, particularly those with oud. The layering options are endless.

Unfortunately, Jo Malone prices are hard to come at. Her fragrances are after all only cologne strength, which should by rights, bring her fragrances down in price.

The sillage is much stronger than I initially expected it to be, which is a good thing no doubt. For a cologne, Red Roses also lasts a good four hours, more like that of an EDT. For a quick rose fix, I'd certainly recommend Jo Malone's Red Roses, but I urge fans to test cheaper options first before splurging on a rather expensive bottle.

freddinos
freddinos

Opening: true red bulgarian rose, identical to the one my grandmother had in her garden and I enjoyed smelling when I was little. From the middle notes down, a dissappointment. A citrus note is added, displacing the red rose and making the whole thing smell like citronella, a natural mosquito repellant. My search for the true red rose scent continues...

pbluberry
pbluberry

This is a true rose scent. Smells beautiful and thankfully it's one of the stronger Jo Malone Cologne.

windyhaswings
windyhaswings

A lovely and simple fragrance, perfect for daytime. The scent is fresh yet envelopes you, like the fragrance that emanates from a rose bathed in sunlight.

tokamak110
tokamak110

Red Roses smells exactly like Oshadhi Bulgarian Rose Hydrolat.

amanda.mcgill
amanda.mcgill

one-dimensional red, red rose with a slightly bitter backdrop, likely care of the lemon. would love to have picked up on the mint that supposedly is in the juice. it actually sweetens with time, which I'm not fond of. would prefer a stronger, crisper green note. I wouldn't classify this as freshly picked garden rose. this is concentrated red rose bouquet... dense, velvety and mature.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

An intense, mature and long-lasting rose fragrance. One spray at a time is quite enough as it is potent. The best rose scent I have encountered.

zetsubouko
zetsubouko

Trust me, this is the best rose perfume you can get. A fresh rose just picked from the garden in the early morning with dew drops on its pedal. The green notes are almost note noticeable i have to say, but it kept the rose scent fresh and not so sweet.

pomdgf
pomdgf

I had no doubt about this pretty roses fragrance that blended with my male chemistry. I don't know when it on anybody but on me it last all day 'til I go back home and it's not a fresh red roses but vintage dry red roses. And make it more powerful roses bomb with body lotion. For me I give 8.5/10.

mluckyg
mluckyg

Simple fresh red roses. It's like there is a vase of red roses near you. The lemon makes it a bit refreshing. The mint smells like the leaves. Last about 5 hours on me.

synergypsy
synergypsy

First, rose-based scents appear to be about all I can tolerate. Kind of limiting! So, those are what I look for. JM's Red Roses opening is extremely close to the smell of a red garden rose. I know. I just happened to have a huge one blooming when I rec'd my bottle. So, my husband and I smelled alternately my wrist and the bloom. Near-identical. Seriously. Off the top, to me there is also a subtle underlying spearmint note. As it settles in, in about an hour (on my skin), it became soapy, and a tad musky, and I became discouraged. But wait! The rose makes a comeback, as lovely as ever, clear and present.

In comparison to another rose scent, Montale's Highness Rose, JM's Red Roses is like smelling a luscious red rose from about three inches away. Pure delight, wafting, caressing, inviting another sniff. HR is like sticking your nose into the center of the rose, breathing deeply and then falling over from the ENORMOUS rose.

misschic
misschic

Completely one-dimensional but this is what makes it amazing. This is pure rose. I love this on me but it is bery strong. This is a fragrance I like to wear when alone. Fiancé thinks I smell like an air freshener.

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 9.5/10
Overall: 9/10

Stunning. The rose as a soliflore is next to flawless in Red Roses. It is not shy, but rather a green, sensual rose in every respect. Composed of seven different roses, this is exquisite in the utmost. It is no different, if not superior, from a freshly cut rose still dewy from the garden. The quality is immediately appreciated, as with all Jo Malones, the rich multifaceted quality of real rose oil as opposed to chemical counterfeits (some of which we won't name).

The violet leaf is more prominent than the citrus, which is a lovely sight given perfumers' fad of pairing rose with citrus to make it "fresh." The violet leaf gives it warmth first and foremost, then the greenness of citrus comes to round it out.

This is a linear fragrance, just the right amount of powder and crispness. However, being a cologne, it does tend to stay very close to the skin. After the first two hours it is hardly detectable from further than a few inches from the skin.

Overall, gorgeous.

Hotta
Hotta

Not my favourite. It's plain and parochial but incredibly strong and long-lasting. I use it as a room freshener. If you want a dark, seductive, complex rose try Frederic Malle's Une Rose created in 2003 by Edouard Flechier.

Intensive roses fragrances with a little bit lemony sourness and noticeable warm honey sweetness(but not sickly sweet)!

Actually, the consultant told me that it had been launched in 1996 and on some sites I saw exactly this date, too. And that is why I don't respect now Sa Majeste la Rose by Serge Lutens with its launching date of 2000, reminding this fragrance A LOT because of the combination of the intensive rose note with the lemony sourness and honey sweetness. Only Sa Majeste la Rose is sickly sweet and more intensive. And that is why I also like Red Roses more.

This fragrance is more close to the sweet and intensive roses fragrance of my dream, except the lemony sourness.

I really like it! Its roses are intensively charming:)

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Rose..Rose..Rose.. Absolutely beautiful!! It's rose rose rose. Fantastic!! I blended this today for the 1st time with White Jasmine Mint on one arm and Grapefruit on the other. Really fun and it totally changes the experience. Fun to change things up but this rose scent is perfect on its own!!! A must try for you rose lovers!!!

Edit: I bought the most beautiful fuschia garden roses from my local flower shop a few days ago. They smelled exactly like Jo Malone Red Roses. The whole front of my house smelled like roses. They only lasted for a day and a half but it was worth every penny!!! They were that strong and fragrant!!! Jo Malone hit the mark perfectly with this scent. Gorgeous, luscious roses!!!!

Just bought the bath and body oil in this and it is gorgeous!!! I put it on after I get out of the shower while my skin is still damp. Not only does it make your skin incredibly soft but it smells heavenly!!!

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

To die for rose perfection... Nothing more to say. Perfection.

sjam3295
sjam3295

For a rose perfume, this is perfection in my book. The first spray is startlingly green and fresh - mint and lemon - I was so disappointed the first time, thinking it was too pungent and not like roses at all. Then a few minutes later a miracle occurred - the notes all blended together and it was just as others have said - the blissful smell of freshly cut roses. The violet leaf, mint and lemon blend together to make the smell of the newly cut stems and the leaves, and this makes the scent so real - just genius. This has taken over from Orange Blossom as my favourite Jo Malone. Absolutely in love with it.

P.S. Unlike most other Jo Malone scents, this is VERY long-lasting. On me it lasted all day, even through a shower (faintly)!

TIP: Layer this with a TINY dab of Pure Oud By Kilian to get an amazing, elegant, deep, velvety rose-oud night-time scent. Be warned - it's strong, and it lasts all night!

jventura489
jventura489

I had high hopes for this one - however, there is something in this that is a little too pungent in the drydown, it smells a little dirty and uncomfortable...too bad :(

SYLeung
SYLeung

My 9yrs old son said it is made from real roses, better than Paul Smith..

Jellybean
Jellybean

This is how rose flower, rose petals and rose water smell. This is pure rose scent 100% spot on.

The scent is delicate, dewy, soft, pretty, girly, like a fresh rose bouquet:)
I can sense tiny amounts of lemon which keeps freshness and zestness going on.
I just wish it didn't cost so much, but again Jo Malone's scents are excellent quality when it comes down to aging, 2-3 years later they keep their freshness.
Every rose lover should check out this pure rose scent:)

chance25
chance25

A little too cloying and powdery for my nose. It has to be the violet leaf, because I sense zero freshness coming from the mint or lemon.

amy777
amy777

I am so disappointed in this fragrance. I absolutely love rose fragrances but the cheaper ones I've tried in the past all smell lovely in the beginning and then begin to smell strongly of urine after an hour or so. I was so hopeful when I first sprayed it-just gorgeous-like sticking your nose in a highly fragrant rose. I thought I'd finally found my Real Rosy Rose.

Alas, it is not to be. It must be my skin chemistry because I confirmed with my husband whether it smelled of urine and he had to agree.

I highly recommend this gorgeous fragrance if you don't have my skin chemistry problem. Not Jo Malone's fault.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

I add a spritz to my Palmers Cocoa Butter and I smell like roses and chocolate. Delicious! Otherwise, the rose is too strong for me all alone. Be carefull, someone might want you for deseart.

Charlotte Anne
Charlotte Anne

Just tried this at the Jo Malone counter-I love it...smells fresh and relaxes to soft clean rose..

vigilante_squirrel
vigilante_squirrel

I saw this perfume pop up as "just reveiwed" and, having tested it myself recently, figured I'd read what everyone has to say (and add my own "humble" opinion, of course!).

First, I love love love (ok, ok, am obsessed with) the scent(s) of roses, both the actual blossoms and rose-based perfumes.

But on Red Roses I agree 100% with Euse -- Red Roses is beyond disappointing.

It's a harsh, honking, spiteful rose, artificial, and without charm. A simple spritz on the hand made me back away from the Jo Malone counter. Seriously, the smell is that alarming!

You know how you end up with a wrist-full of perfume that you just cannot stand and hope to God it will fade asap? Well, that didn't happen with this. This creature simply would not go away. Scrubbing it off my wrist did nothing. Showering later that day barely managed to budge it out of my skin. Great longevity for a truly awful perfume! Freakin wonderful.

For all of you who love it, I think that's great! Everyone's nose is subjective. But for me this is just a no go ... a shame too, since I'd have loved to have fallen in love with it!

I like this! It smells just like luscious red roses and pretty nothing else, but in a good way. No mint, no lemon, maybe a vague hint of violet leaf. All I can smell is red rose. It's long lasting and can be suffocating if overdone. You really need to like roses to enjoy this one.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is such a lush rose scent, like freshly cut red roses in a bottle.
It starts off very strong, with that slight tea-like scent roses always seem to have that is quite deep and green, very natural. The mint note is definitely present and gives it this nice tang without downplaying the rose at all. Eventually the violet leaf softens it and it relaxes into a dreamy rose.
For rose lovers this is a must-try. So elegant and grown-up and feminine.

Pari88
Pari88

Smells like a true red rose! Nothing more nothing less. The body lotion is very nice, the frag...not too nice.

Toastonline
Toastonline

Spritz this once or twice over your hair in the morning for an all day freshness. Talk about the perfect bouquet of roses. I find that it blends with most fragrance that I wear everywhere else.

fenlady
fenlady

Very true, very pretty rose. Just like burying your nose in a bouquet of freshly picked red roses, still wet with dew. The mint is only hinted at, giving it a slight piquancy, but never competing with the rose. On me, it's not linear - as the hours go by, it develops a sweet, honeyed note (the beeswax) which is still very pleasant, like dried rose petals in pot-pourri. My favourite go-to rose when that's exactly what I want - a true-to-life bunch of glistening red roses! Yumm!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This has a Bulgarian rose feel to it. Rose perfumes usually give me a headache, and Red Roses was no different, but I still enjoyed it, and wear it now and again. What really sets it apart from other mid-shelf roses is its greenness. The stem and leaves are perceptible under the freshness of the flower, and that makes for a pleasant and well-balanced perfume. There's nothing complicated here, and at the end of the day you're dealing with a simple rose soliflore. But it's the best of its kind, and for the record, I think it beats Creed's Fleur de The Rose Bulgare.

Cereza
Cereza

This is not a rose I would enjoy wearing, definitely, but it doesn't mean I enjoy it. It has some similarities with Creed's Fleur de Bulgarie, but Jo Malone's rose is a bit simpler. It opens cold with loads of lemon accompanying rose. This is the part I enjoy very much as I find it to be very refreshing, elegant and sparkling. The part which is a turn off for me is when violet leafs hit it, on my skin the perfume becomes metallic and I can't enjoy this feeling.

Definitely worth a try, not bad at all.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

This smells exactly like what the name suggests. Red Roses. There's a slight dew in the air and you dance in it. The dew turns darker. One raindrop hits your nose. You run smiling into the rose garden. Hundreds and dozens of roses are now around you as it starts to rain. You drop to the ground under a single rose. You see a drop of water on the rose. It falls off the rose and hits your nose. Red roses with a tiny pinch of salt dash of Lemon. Not for me but this is what it smells like

Lilski
Lilski

This is my every day scent. I layer it with Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia in the evening.

I love the fact that though it's strong and heady, because it's a simple, straight forward scent, it's not overpowering or unpleasant.

guest_Tee
guest_Tee

@Dresendoll dark chocolate at its base? Yes! But what I get is a burnt cocoa smell. Very sweet. Like the center of a daisy and I don't like it. Is that what makes it smell slightly like urine? I dont' want to smell that in the dry down.

Taliera
Taliera

At first it smelled like rich, dark red roses that are full of dew and have just been picked from the garden. A few minutes later the greeness cuts in. But in the end, I find that you're left with something closer to pot-pourri.

Update: Same as before. Pot-pourri.

truffles
truffles

Ugh! This starts off as an acceptable rose smell but finishes up like stale saliva like you've licked your wrists. Really disgusting, I've tried a few Jo Malone fragrances now and really do not get the hype.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

This is beautiful it can be worn by non rose lovers like me.This is one of the best rose fragrance available.Its not a heavy powdery rose its fresh and slightly sweet.This is so beautiful.

Alyss
Alyss

it's pretty,it's quite green,it smells lightly botanical to me, you can get the same from rose essential oils. There is something with Jo Malone fragrances - they are full of promise but they are lightweight, I am learning to love deeper and more complex blends

rosamundi
rosamundi

Could not go without it in my wardrobe. Its my favourite rose scent.

Mals86
Mals86

I agree with Leesee: this one's quite linear. Not too sweet or too powdery. Sprayed lightly, it's one of the nicest rose soliflores I've smelled, and does layer beautifully with other light fragrances. (A favorite: peach+rose. Green+rose and hyacinth+rose are nice, too.)

I think, however, that I prefer the absolute lushness of SSS Velvet Rose.

Leesee
Leesee

A juicy, almost jammy rose blend that has impressive staying power, and that layers surprisingly well with other, non-JM scents (though it also layers beautifully with JM scents as well). My only quibble, and it is a minor quibble indeed, is that this scent is, as pimentosugars notes in an earlier review of the scent, extremely linear -- where you begin is where you end up. That's not a problem, if what you want is to smell like roses, and all day long. But if you want a perfume that really takes you on a journey or a perfume that transforms you -- even if only for a few precious minutes -- then Red Roses is not the scent for you.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

I love it! It's v-velvet. It's like those old lotion commercials where they pour the lotion on a rose pedal, it's so lush.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Apparently, Jo Malone's Red Roses has seven different kind of rose in it... I could only smell one; deep, velvet of texture, ruby red in my imagination, The green notes are almost undetectable but they keep it from becoming too thick and gothic. There is none of the powdery pinkness of say, Stella or Joy; there is no touch of damask or turkish delight! This is strongly monofloral, rich, deep, lovely but not complex. To Jo Malone we see a rose is a rose is a rose!

Amanda79
Amanda79

I'm loving perfumes with rose notes... This one seems good with the red rose. mmmmm!

Red Roses by Jo Malone 3.95 out of 5 based on 383 ratings and 79 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jo Malone Red Roses fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jo Malone Red Roses, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Red Roses by Jo Malone. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Red Roses by Jo Malone represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.