Designers » I-K » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Verbenas of Provence Jo Malone for women

Verbenas of Provence Jo Malone for women
dislike

herbal

Inspired by the memory of sunny days of French countryside, Verbenas of Provence is, quite simply, summer in a bottle. Top notes: lemon and verbena. Heart: juniper berries, rose and jasmine. Base: sandalwood and oakomoss.

It is available as 30 and 100 ml cologne. Verbenas of Provence was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Jo Malone.

Amalfi Lemon Lemon Verbena

Rose Juniper Berries Cypress

Eau d'Hadrien
Citrus Verbena Summer

Verbenas of Provence Fragrance Reviews

Veevi
Veevi

I'm not a fan of citrusy fragrances but on this one the citrus note is delicious. It reminds me of lemon sorbet and therefor it's one of my favourite summer scents. Definitely best citrus I've tried on.

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

Absolutely the prettiest lemon verbena fragrance ever. I am absolutely devastated that the owners of Jo Malone , Estée Lauder, made the incredibly poor decision to stop making this lovely fragrance, one of Jo Malone's original creations, and simultaneously introduced a clunker like" Peony and Blush Suede", which has been universally panned , for good reason. I have been a loyal and devoted customer of Jo Malone for over 12 years, and I spend a small fortune on these beautiful, sophisticated , and clean scents. I can only hope that they reconsider and begin making Verbenas of Provence again; I've tried everything, but nothing has come close to it. I'm buying every bottle I can find, but there isn't much left. I'm using L'Occitane Citrus Verbena Summer fragrance, which is very nice, but it doesn't have the lovely femininity of Jo Malone's Verbena. I could cry.

drouhin
drouhin

What a tragedy this has been discontinued. I have a great fondness for summer scents combining bone-dry citrus and bracing cypress with slightly sweet floral notes. This scent may be the ne plus ultra of the type, less sweetly citric than its scent cousin AG's Eau d'Hadrien. FBW for me for sure.

Broadbent
Broadbent

It's been discontinued. Another one of Jo's original fragrances that the new management decided to kill. Sad. It was lovely.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Crisp fresh herbal/citrus scent. Light and tea like.
Absolutely love it! It stays fresh all the way, it doesn't change much of its herbal composition which is just perfect.
Moderate longevity, I guess not bad for a cologne 3-4 hours.
I love how Jo Malone's frag's brings out essence of a scent that stay fresh throughout the whole time.

Uplifting, fresh,a romatic and joyful! Like opening a window on fields! I'm not usually a fan of fresh fragrances and I would not use this as a signature, but there are moments when fragrances like this just open your mind and clear "dirt".
Verbena is a lemony herbal note with a feminine vibe and it makes me feel clean and active in summer or in closed spaces.
The Jo Malone's is a gorgeous one. It's true it doesn't last for ages on skin but it's not probably its scope. Among verbenas is one of the best and I love the aromatic slightly oil thick cypress note.
It's expensive stuff. There are cheaper verbenas around, but not all as good.

cheermom140
cheermom140

I love the smell of this but it doesn't last. Fades after a few minutes.

jiamin
jiamin

I detect a hint of licorice at the beggining, right after I spray it on, not sure if its just my imagination. Other than that, its perfect. I have layered it with the Honeysuckle and Jasmine with good results.

Spicy green citrus. Great summer crisp for either gender as Jae suggests. Easy to wear citrus scent.

Perfumenut1
Perfumenut1

This is one of my favourite fragrances, very clean and fresh. On me I find, it's a light fragrance that lasts the whole day on my 'perfume eating' skin. The initial spray, although extremely lemony doesn't make me sneeze which I think is due to the quality of the fragrance. Highly rec to anyone who likes citrus fragrances.
I think that this may be a HG scent for me, after searching and testing so many fragrances I keep turning to this one, it's the only fragrance I've ever bought and used 2 bottles of.
I find that after the inital lemon notes the rose comes out on my skin quite nicely.
I combine this with JM French lime blossom sometimes, and really like it.

Verbenas of Provence by Jo Malone 4.33 out of 5 based on 58 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jo Malone Verbenas of Provence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jo Malone Verbenas of Provence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Verbenas of Provence by Jo Malone. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Verbenas of Provence by Jo Malone represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.