Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Parlez-Moi d’Amour John Galliano for women

Parlez-Moi d’Amour John Galliano for women
dislike

Parlez-Moi d’Amour John Galliano for women Videos Parlez-Moi d’Amour John Galliano for women Videos
Parlez-Moi d’Amour John Galliano for women Pictures Parlez-Moi d’Amour John Galliano for women Pictures Parlez-Moi d’Amour John Galliano for women Pictures

John Galliano Parlez-Moi d’Amour is launched in mid October 2010. The eagerly awaited second perfume is romantically named after Edith Piaf’s song Parlez-Moi d'Amour or “Speak to me about love”.

Parlez-Moi d'Amour is build on Galliano’s principles of emphasized extravagance and femininity, with the ambition to create a modern musky scent that will represent a remarkable contrast to the classical chypre perfume structures and norms. The traditional component of chypre perfumes, the oak moss, has been replaced by the cypress absolute, concentrated in ambery dry-down notes. Its sharp woody accents blended with musk offer contemporary and very modern base notes.

This composition full of contrasts opens with fresh overdose of bright ginger, blueberries and bergamot. The perfume heart represents a true ode to love, made from the most seductive floral pair - Sambac jasmine and Turkish rose, while the mysterious and woody base features cypress, Indonesian patchouli and musk notes. The perfumer Alienor Messenet from IFF managed to deliver a glamorous and rebellious youthful fragrance that tells a story of love. Parlez-Moi d'Amour is a fruity, sweet, spicy, romantic and edgy at the same time.

The face of the campaign and the new Galliano muse is Taylor Momsen, the star of the famous teen drama Gossip Girl and the singer of the rock band The Pretty Reckless. This young "rebel" inspired the designer, who considers himself to be a romantic and a narrator, to create a new story along with the fragrance. The story tells of a young rock star who, after many gigs and concerts, finds herself lost in Berlin. Internet and other conveniences of modern age are not available, and she is forced to express her feelings on a piece of paper, writing a letter to a guy she just fell in love with.

It is available as 30, 50 and 80 ml EDT. The nose behind this fragrance is Alienor Massenet.

Ginger Bergamot Blueberry

Balenciaga L'Eau Rose

Parlez-Moi d’Amour Fragrance Reviews

eaudemoi
eaudemoi

This is so sweet and fruity it makes me want to cry. Excuse my strong opinion, but if someone wearing this sat next to me, I would honestly struggle to get along with them. Fruit syrup for your lungs.

I know that it makes no sense, but this one seems stronger and sweeter to me than the EDP version. It's very very sweet, kind of suffocating. And usually I LOVE sweet scents.
I am surprised that I dislike it, when I liked the EDP.
The blueberry is just too much for me in this one.

Tine1world

I have the four pack in this range of fragrances mini's as they are. If any 'Target' stores here in Australia have any left they are selling for 5.50 aussie dollars right now. Yes that's way under cost. I bought three more packs yesterday hoping to sell them on line.

Ps as this is post is under the very first. Tank girl what an amazing review. Thumbs up.

Cheers T. Thought I'd share with Australian fans of this fragrance the bargain hunting news.

belleofthesea
belleofthesea

Blind bought this for my best friend cause she likes floral/fruity/fresh scents...very romantic smelling. On one end of the spectrum, kinda reminds me of something a mother or sweet grandmother would wear, but also sort of Parisian. Scent stays very close to the skin, and the smells goes away within an hour...but that's probably because I keep sniffing my wrist every minute, haha. Love it, though. very nice scent.

Tufinka20
Tufinka20

This was a blind purchase. At first I loved it, It was winter so this sweet scent was not disturbing me. But when the spring came, it started to be too sweet for me so I stopped wearing it. My 17 years old sister loves it, so I´m glad it wont stay uselessly on the shelf :)
I LOVE the bottle, french envelope with beautiful stamp and it has beautiful golden cap with written "And this is why I´m writing to you my love..."
I like the EDT version more than EDP-which is synthetic sweet and fruity scent.

KateAnette
KateAnette

I can't find much, if any, blueberries in this. Very rose heavy, with a bit of spice thrown in. It actually smells a lot like YRs Moment de Bonheur on my skin, only sweeter. I like the YR in summer because of the lack of sweetness, it's very fresh.
It is still cold here, maybe the blueberry notes will show up in warmer weather. All in all, this is a pretty generic fragrance, nothing to write home about. I don't dislike it and will give it a try in warmer weather, but as I wanted blueberries and they were completely MIA, I'm feeling disappointed.

This has grown on me. It's actually the perfect shampoo scent that I was looking for in the winter. Very pretty and easy to wear.

Tine1world

What wonderful and well written reviews. I'll have to see what I can determine from my little bottle when I decide to open it. This fragrance came as four pack of miniatures. The EDP, 'Eau Fraich' EDT and 'Encore' EDT, all 10 mills.

I'm impressed on the writers here on this one.

Cheers T.

musi1701
musi1701

Riecht wie Duschgel, aber hält lange an. Etwas seifig, aber nicht schlecht. Für jeden Tag ist gut.

hedikukk
hedikukk

I really dont get the fruity and floral lots of people are talking about. It smells heavy like a cologne. Almost bitter. Even after trying to wash it off its still there... smelling. I strongly recommend people to try this on their SKIN before buying. Dont just spray it on paper.

simbeast
simbeast

this should be called portrait of a teenage girl in comparison to malle's portrait of a lady. the rose in this IMO is similar, although here it is toned WAY down. there's also a synthetic but not unpleasant shampoo-like quality to it that many fragrances targeted to young women have. add in notes of blueberries and powder and you have parlez-moi d'amour aka my favorite spring scent :)

my only gripe is that longevity on me is poor. all traces of this have left my skin within 4-6 hours.

arrokaj
arrokaj

i got it yesterday .fruty. i like it

cinsot
cinsot

Pure joy.

This POW-der bomb really does smell like scented stationery! Punchy nostalgia in a bottle. Having grown up in an era when letter writing was essential for keeping in touch with distant friends I exhausted many scented stationery sets!

I am surprised I'm thoroughly enjoying smelling like a pretty letter from another time. Maybe that's it, my attachment to a forgotten trend.

Endearing notes of efflorescent rosy woody musk with a fruity twist. The blueberry is not the wet juiced variety I experience in Hanae Mori, more dehydrated/dried inline with the overall finely milled theme.

Parlez-Moi d'Amour: evocative longing...

Orsyna
Orsyna

Nice bottle! Somebody tell me Which is sweeter this or Lanvin Me?I can't choose.Which is better for autumn or winter?

stier
stier

Oh my god!! I love this!!
The first time, I tried it, I thought: " well, another fruity floral for young girls"
Yes, it is floral.
Yes, it is fruity.
But it's also very special I think. In my opinion this is a very personal scent. Very youthful, fun but with a lot of "innocent character".
I love Rose-scents and I like blueberry, so it's a win-win for me ;)
It's my cup of tea and I instantly added it to my "Favourite-shelf".
That said however, if you're looking for something serious or grown-up or very sophisticated I don't think it's the perfect perfume.. :)

LOVING IT

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

You cant really trust these note pyramids, no patchily or mask in drydown, this is pure happy sweet fruity floral summer perfume, light but lasting. I enjoy it; it gives a feeling of comfort and happiness.

Tian
Tian

I love love this perfume and used it for 2 summers already.

The smell is so fresh and lovely, a 'sweet girl' type. I like the bottle too. Simple but with a little romantic touch. Price wise it is also good value. The only pity is that it does not last long.

Inesis
Inesis

Oh gosh I love this perfume! This must be my greatest perfume crush for a long time. It's strong but not suffocating, fresh but sweet and feminine but not overly girly. In other words it's a perfect spring scent!

I love blueberry in every form. I love the scent in products, I love to eat them and I even love the artificial flavor in edible things. My love for blueberry was the first thing that attracted me. I first received a 10ml mini, but as soon as I saw a full 50ml bottle on sale I grabbed it and haven't regretted it for a day.

I mostly smell the gorgeous blueberries. They're so juicy! Then the rose, yum. The musk is under there somewhere too. Not much patchouli and I could say that even a patchouli hater could do this lovely frag.

And did I mention the bottle? Is so darn cute! I absolutely adore it, the envelope with the stamp and some sweet words in the stopper. Parlez-Moi d'Amour is not my perfect scent, but at the moment it sure is close! I am so obsessed with this that I'm hoping to get all the flankers as well.

fyetan
fyetan

Starts out with strong blueberry, pleasant smell but slightly headache inducing (uh-oh). If you inhale deeply you can smell the blueberry-rose.
During drydown it turns into Jergen's body lotion...
That's unfortunate, because I don't see many blueberry scents and I was going to buy it based on the top notes.

This was a sample so I can't say much to longevity or sillage as my dab won't be comparable to a spray.

parisalondres
parisalondres

obviously the fruity scent never come out from my body chemistry, i only detect Floral from the first spritz, then it's gone in few mins. I really dunno why fruity scent seems never stay on me??? I had Viva La Juicy and Pink Sugar, those kinda well-known fruity/sweet scent also never appeal on me, so weird....
The bottle of Parlez-Moi d'Amour is way too adorable, i probably would buy it. Just a wishful thinking, I wish I could smell blueberry, really.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This is my newest blind buy. There was one box left alone on the counter so i grabbed it, i don't have to add it was discounted. I saw it already around christmas time but then i checked that there was rose as one of the note and decided not to buy it. Well finally i got it anyway. And i don't regret at all!
This is the most beautiful rose in a bottle i've ever smelt (i'm not huge rose fan). It opens with real blueberry (not plasticky artificial) caramelised rose. I've got no idea where the sweetness is coming from but it's very nice and not sugary sticky. Then it melts wonderfully with freshness of bergamot. I would say dry down is more fresh than sweet. It lasts fair amount of time. Besides the bottle is amazing with cute little post stamp in the corner. After this one i'm dying to try other smells of Parlez-Moi d’Amour serie.

onlineallday
onlineallday

What a strong scent for a rose. It has a zingy zestiness to the top as well. Young and lively. There is a hint of acidic but sweet grape-like smell as well. It may not be my absolute favorite but the bottle is adorable. Highly collectible!

nuitnoir
nuitnoir

*The romantic & charming presentation of this perfume led me to purchase a little vial.
*Scent : Fruity & Floral - Fresh & Feminine. If you love blueberries, you'll like this one. Slightness of ginger freshens it up a notch. The smell of musk intensifies as time passes. Lovely jasmine & patchouli becomes more apparent to me after 20 minutes.
*Its very pleasant and pretty but personally its quite plain. Come to think of it, it smells like a shampoo I once used.

Paraluman
Paraluman

i don't know how they did it, but this certainly smells like the scented stationery i used to collect when i was a kid. It brings back childhood memories when i would sleep at night with all my stationery beside me and the scent would linger on my sheet for days :) and though i'm all grown up now and i've upgraded to collecting perfume, this brings me back to when my passion for fragrances started :) this will probably not suit me now, as it's pretty juvenile for my taste, but i will certainly have it in my collection... as a scent portal to the past :)

xoxcrista
xoxcrista

I was lucky to happen upon this unique rarity in my local Marshalls. I knew it was a rarity by the name, never heard of the designer before. It is now my signature, possibly the most tasteful and expensive perfume I own. This is a characteristic rose, with juiciness given to it by the blueberry. The ginger just makes it fresh and spicy in the sillage. Non linear, the bottom notes of patchouli add a depth to this otherwise angelic and innocuous romantic fragrance. Love it!

babywabbit
babywabbit

I always liked fruity scented perfumes. This perfume is sweet, but more rose scented than anything else. It's a beautiful blend of floral with a touch of sweetness, it reminds me of walking through a blooming garden in springtime, how romantic! :)

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

I was looking forward to this fragrance because of the blueberry note. It has the most votes, I do agree it does smell like berries...but not blueberries. More like...a synthetic fruit. It's sweet but also floral. The ginger is prominent. The combination of it all just smells like an ordinary inexpensive scent. It reminds me of Rio Glam Girl Parfums Elite. I think this one is overpriced. Not classy at all. Just like it intends. The bottle is kind of cool but the scent is just not impressive. It lasts about 3hrs. Disappointed. If you want it because of the blueberries, I suggest you try it before. Not a safe blind buy. I'm glad I got to get a sample of this. This is nothing gourmand, yummy, or natural fruity. It's just a synthetic bland wannabe fruity floral. Sorry. It's nothing personal. Like I said, I just want to help. Since I almost purchased it and thankfully didn't. It would have been a regret.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Well, I had a chance to test an open bottle at TJMaxx. It was okay, but nothing more, very light and not special in any way. The bottle is adorable, though, but it is not worth $24.99.

pbluberry
pbluberry

The bottle is sooo pretty. It smells pretty sweet at first spayed but it settles to a nice fruity blueberry finish. It smells a little candy like. Lasting power is about 2 hours with a lingering scent about 6 hours. The smell is cute like the bottle.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

This is a sweet, very sweet, fruity floral perfume. I couldnt detect any ginger note, let alone the citrus frm bergamot, musk, and the chypress. I would love if d ginger and d bergamot notes be more dominant, along with d bluberry and the rest of of the florals.
Lasting power is moderate. The design of the bottle is really a genius one, and I like the stamp on the bottle, making it even more beautiful.

Great. I love the scent, I love the idea behind the creation of the scent. I love the bottle design, and I just love everything about this fragrance. Not a great one, neither something new to the fragrance world, but I happened to like this fragrance1

claricealess
claricealess

I absolutely ADORE this sent! It's definitely one of my favorites. I have worn it in winter, so it reminds me of christmas a lot! In love! <3

isabellerose
isabellerose

Hmm.. I tested the other PMDA on paper and liked all of them (green was my favourite, I think). Then today I spritzed this one directly on my wrist thinking that, if I'd liked the other 3, this one shouldn't make me run to the bathroom to wash it off. Honestly, at the first sniff of my wrist I though - Oh, no! But the very opening isn't that important to me cos for me the perfume is what you smell for the majority of time and definitely the dry down. The opening doesn't make the perfume for me, even though it's great if it all ties together. Anyway, I ended up deciding it was a terrible idea to put it on as it was TOO SWEET! Like an overload of sugary raspberry!! But as I left Sephora and went around the city lost in thought I would suddenly realize "mmm something smells nice" and then remember I had PMDA edt on. However, when I sniffed my wrist again, it was too sweet.. again. It takes a while for that sweetness to subside but I think it's worth it. I'll give it another try :)

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Of course I would be lying if I told you that the bottle is not the first thing that tempted me to pick this bottle up among the many in the perfume shop. How could one not notice and resist it? The heavy glass with the heavy engraved gold cap. The stamp and the love-letter look begging me to "talk about love"! (Parlez Moi D'amour.) Well I shall!

It's not a secret that Parlez Moi D'amour is named after the Edith Piaf song. Ahh, Piaf the tormented tiny French songbird with the impressive voice. Yes, the bottle is wonderful and the name is flirting with your imagination, but how is the juice? Well, the first refreshing thing about this floral fruity is the fact that it lacks vanilla. Among the many MANY vanilla note filled scents of late, that in itself is a breath of fresh air to me! (I love vanilla notes, but I was under the impression that lately most new fragrance releases have vanilla notes...somewhere in them...There is a time and a scent for vanilla, but sometimes enough is enough and the nose wants something different, and PMDA is different.)

At first spray I smell the blueberry note, it's very fruity and sweet and just before it gets too much, the rose note and a hint of bergamot join in and balance the sweetness out into a fruity fresh floral and very romantic scent. A dash of jasmine and a bed of musk (with an apparition of patchouli) to rest your love-letter on becomes the wonderful dry down that lasts and last on me despite that I have the EdT!

A wonderful *break* from all the heavy and complicated scents. A breath of fresh air in a wonderful bottle. I love wearing it on spring mornings...A light, cheery and romantic smell; wonderful after your shower and just before you step out the door into the first tender rays of spring sunshine. A trail of floral-fruity flirtation following my every step and tempting people to talk to me about love. And why not? It's a spring romance in a bottle. ; )

A romantic and delicious keeper, a pretty, *girlie* and very playful scent that is memorable and fresh without being too fresh, and sweet without being cloying.
Taylor Momsen is not the right *face* for this scent IMO, her persona is too 'rock & roll/rebel teenager' like, and the scent and bottle are reminiscent of a time when people still wrote love letters on REAL paper (the box of PMDA is white and looks like an envelope complete with stamp too) and I would have picked a more *mature* and romantic face...but this is just my opinion based on the scent & the bottle.

Silage is: "I am light, breezy but not fleeting and feel romantic" -- Longevity on me is a loveable 6+ hours.

Khadeh
Khadeh

I'm so glad I picked this scent to remind me of the first months I had together with the love of my life. None of the more expensive or popular scents in the store smelled nearly as amazing as this. Love from the first sniff. Absolute favourite of all time. Gotta love the blueberry-rose mix :)

Lynni3z
Lynni3z

I went shopping for my 21st birthday last year with my boyfriend and I decided that I wanted to try a new perfume that I've never used before for the occasion. I wanted a nice scent that has a lasting feeling to it. Spent a long time with my boyfriend smelling and testing perfumes out. And just as I thought I found one, was cuing up to pay I saw Galliano's perfume bottle from the check out desk and honestly at first glance I fell in love with the bottle; went up to it to give it a test and OH MY LORD!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SCENT!!! It's girly but not too girly and not too strong and boyfriend agreed that it was really nice and since then I've used it ever since. Absolutely adore this fragrance~! ♥ ♥ ♥

JHB
JHB

Honestly, from my point of view this fragrance is amazing! The most intensive notes are rose and blueberry, which make the fragrance fruity-floral! This unforgettable mix smells wonderful! I advise it to everyone who loves fruity/floral scents!

Susanita
Susanita

This is so sweet n nice, I just have to love it! Edt is totally different from this. And I don't know why but some weird way this reminds my about one My Little Pony what I have when I was child. There were light sweet strawberry scent in it. Even though in this edp shouldn't be any strawberry! Hmmm.... Any way. I have to have it soon! Im enamored in this <3

sugarcandy
sugarcandy

very classical floral scent, tho' very well designed inside the bottle and outside the bottle! romantical and inspiring, loved it! *o*

aromaticprincess
aromaticprincess

I absolutely adore this fragrance. I am not a fan of floral scents but the mix of blueberries and roses together, is so romantic. I would definitely wear this scent on a date. The bottle is also very cute and I love having it on my dresser.

Sup3rnal
Sup3rnal

I first had a whiff of this at a shop selling rejected perfumes (ie cracked/mislablled bottles). It smelled very lovely, and lingered on my dress after. But since I was doubtful of whether the perfume they were selling were genuine, I set out hunting for a brand new bottle.

Found it today finally, and impulsively bought it. I still love it second time smelling it because, it was light, floral and fruity all at once. Not cloyingly sweet like most floral/fruity scents, it is subtle yet unique. I've not smelled anything similar.

At first whiff you get a candy-like sweetness then it dries down to a more mellow, rosy musk. The character of the scent is innocent and sweet, like a first love. I do get that booze-y smell people keep mentioning, but it is not at all unpleasant.

I suppose I love this scent because like me, I like subtlety and I don't like putting myself in the spotlight. And while I love things sweet and floral, I don't like it if it's too ovwerwhelming. So this subtle, sweet smelling fragrance is perfect for me.

And may I add, this smells nothing like Chloe. Soft and sweet yes, but not the same deep muskiness like Chloe. Parlez-moi d'amor has a slightly sharp tang that mellows into sweetness on your skin.

NatalieLove
NatalieLove

I loved this perfume so much when I first tried it, and my boyfriend even mentioned he liked it on me. I got a sample, and throughout the day, I smelled something very chemical-smelling and headache inducing once in a while. Most of the time it was sweet and floral, but once in awhile I got a whiff of something that reminded me of my organic chemistry labs. In the worst way possible. I'm not sure if the sample was bad, or what's going on- but I don't think I'll be buying it.

ashahsaidin
ashahsaidin

i bought this perfume n smell nice on me....quite seducing because of sweet smell..(according to my husband)..but i am still wondering why does it smell like lychee and rose...at the same time...i love it but probably not gonna be my fave!

xen
xen

........Just bought myself a bottle today! I fell in love with it straight away...yes, it is sweet, and girly....and young...but it smells like a burst of summer to me :o) I love the fruits...the rose lingers on with the musk....it mellows beautifully..... :o)

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

It smells good, but i dont find it very original. i feel like you can find a million other fragrances that smell just like it or similarily.

Midnight Sky
Midnight Sky

When I first smelled on my friend I really liked it. So I went to the store and bought it. But when I put on myself and smelled at it I first thought: "Wow it smells kinda cheap." I don't know why. And it has a smell that kind of stays in your nose for a very long time and it's strong. A few hours later I smelled my hand again. Then it didn't seem that bad anymore. It wasn't that strong and penetrant anymore. It again smelled like the first time I fell in love with it. So I guess this perfume is so strong that it needs time to set itself. If you give it time to go into your skin it can smell very good. So there is a thin line between good and very bad.
But I think the bottle is beautiful and unique. I wouldn't say that this fragrance is a bad buy.

Seraphic
Seraphic

Oh my goodness, This smells SO artificially fruity which was disappointing for me because I absolutely love the story and the bottle behind this fragrance. I might get it in the future for the bottle but I can't stand how fake this fragrance smells but it definitely does last because that[s all I smelt all day after trying this. I wish that the blueberry and ginger note would go away so I could smell the other notes in this fragrance because those are normally the notes I love.

Paula80
Paula80

At the start it smells very sweet and fruity and then it turns into ... Agent Provocateur. It`s very feminin and sexy.

Jellybean
Jellybean

smells like a bouquet of fresh roses and bonbons! then it becomes creamy and musky. soft and romantic scent, definite like! good lasting power 5-6 hours.

Flowers and plastic jellybeans. Not my kind.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Hmmm...on me: not sugar sweet at all, but fruity, fruity, fruity. Bordering on a sour/rotting fruit smell -- making it a bit medicinal or boozy.

Different. Just not for me, I'm afraid.

ophelia
ophelia

On me - a pleasant shampoo. Not clean, just boring.
Why?? ...

Migotka
Migotka

Knowing John Galliano's first fragrance- which was a very special, daring, artistic and unique composition,his image of an enfant terrible of the fashion industry, and finally seeing ginger and rose in the notes, I really expected something interesting.

And I got a bubble gum. I don't know which note it is, but I could hardly detect any of the notes listed. Parle-moi d'amour ended up being sweet, sticky scent of candy and lemonade. I would even risk saying it smells exactly like Valentino's Rock'n'Rose Couture, with the latter being a lot longer lasting and fun to wear.

cute,cute,cute!that's the best way I can describe it.t smells very innocent and girlish.though I don't see strawberry in the notes,to me smells like lots of strawberries.it is all about fruits and a little bit of flowers,namely rose.
the bottle just matches the perfume.the stamp is just cute and creative idea.
the long lasting power is better than most of other girlish perfumes I've tried.I like it very much.it's a perfect perfume for -25 year old flirty girl.

anna.023

I liked this one a lot, very sweet, juicy and fresh scent. The lastin power was OK, its a EDT so it lasted a few hours. As always I wish that it was a EDP. I would not spent that much money on a EDT, I think I have seen this as EDP but now I cant find it. If someone knows I would be very happy to know. Nice perfume, but its not a buy. A little to plain and average. And as I said, I do have a problem with EDT's I want some lating power if Im going to buy something..

gigiletta
gigiletta

at first i didnt like it.but i tested it again i like it.young and joyful.blueberry and musk longlasting and uplifting.but very ordinary and expensive for this one.

antonpan
antonpan

After original Galliano, that was a masterpiece, this one is... nothing special. Blueberries in the opening are prominent, maybe original, but so plastic and synthetic. In the whole scent is soft and creamy - Parlez Moi d'Amour smells like a body lotion from a perfume range.

anna.023

Smelled great! Very playful and sweet scent, I really liked it but since it wasnt avalible in EDP I lost intrest. Not a very unik scent, but very nice! Expected it to smell like an other mainstream-light-floral mess, but thanks to the blueberry(?) it didn't! I if was a EDP I could buy it.

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

Use it if you like to smell like a fabric softener. If you dont like that kind of smell then you should pass on this one.

It seems to have great lastingpower. I smelled this on paper and some juice must have caught the skin on my nose or the inside of it. I could smell it the whole day. It didnt even go away after a facewash. Since I didnt enjoy this scent it was quite an unpleasent experience but it shows quality anyway.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is a very fruity and sweet floral scent. It is pleasant, but overall I have to say it is a big yawn for me. I'm disappointed that I can't smell the ginger or cypress at all, as those seem to be the most unique notes listed in this fragrance. It smells like many other perfumes already on the market, so I can see that it would have wide appeal. I would say it fits in the same category as Dior J'Adore or Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. I'm surprised by the ads which seem to have a slightly gothic/dark feel to them. It is definitely not spicy or edgy as the marketing would imply, in fact it's the far opposite - sweet, nice and very well-behaved.

kamych
kamych

I've tested Parlez-Moi d'Amour yesterday. So sweet, sugar, berry! Is my hand blue from it, let me see!
I'm hungry now ... but not for love!
This fragrance is so far away from the other JG's perfumes that I adore.

yastii
yastii

BEST perfume so far, much better that other John Galliano Perfumes. Sweet fruity floral but not sickening , excellent lasting power...

mymlan
mymlan

I really ADORE the original Galliano edp so for me Parlez-Moi d'Amour is quite a disappointment.

Where is the edge that makes your eyebrows rise and your heart to release a spontaneous giggle? Where is the sand grain that creates the pearl?

I don't dislike this scent, it is actualy quite cute, but I find it unimaginative. It seems like Galliano has put his visionary thinking aside for a while, just to create a crowdpleaser adressing the younger audience. An audience that doesn't need another "fruitchouli" among all others.

Understand me right: I just wish that the intelligent and visionary noses could create something new for the young audience instead of crowd pleasing "fruitchoulis", washy fruity florals or candylike fragrances. Galliano did so with his former edp, but maybe it didn't sell well enough? However, I find Parlez-Moi... a sweet, quite wellcrafted but linear scent. The sillage is strong and it lasts very long on skin, so it will be an economic purchase unless you will be bored with it long before the bottle is finished.

ecorundas
ecorundas

it's sweet, fruity, and cloying on my skin. smells like a cheap bathbomb u can get at drugstores

fionalovesperfume
fionalovesperfume

For some reason the smell really doesn't last long on my skin

fumine
fumine

Now I might not have the best opinion of John Galliano himself, but I acknowledge his talent as a designer. And I'm willing to ignore the advertisement and focus solely on the fragrance for this review.

I was pleasantly surprised by this perfume, as I expected a very bold scent when first trying it. But Parlez-moi d'amour is actually a very tame and balanced composition. I'm very much smelling the rose note in this one, with only touches of blueberry and musk. I normally dislike patchouli, but here it was used in a measured amount. A wonderful warm, flowery scent. The lasting power surprised me for an EdT, I have been wearing it for over six hours now and it's still clinging to my skin.

Mizz K
Mizz K

A very fresh and fruity spring scent. Sweet but in a non-sugary way. Wish it would last longer on my skin but other than that it's great :D

Eleiria
Eleiria

Parlez-moi d'Amour, great name. The fragrance is not so great but it's nice and clean. The clean feeling is the most loveable thing about it. Fortunately it's not sticky sweet, just sweet and fruity. Aimed for the youngsters apparently. Sillage is medium, it's not everywhere when you put it on. Longevity is also medium, 3 hours and it's lost.

The bottle is absolutely lovely by the way.

Parlez-Moi d'Amour is somewhere between being risky and generic. I don't mind the scent, and while it's a little too fruity for my personal tastes, I like it nonetheless.

It smells just like thick blueberry jam and highly concentrated rose oil. It's quite likable in a rich gourmand and bold kind of a way. For some it may be a little headache inducing and difficult to wear in certain situations, like I found when I had this sample in my bag for a month.

It reminds me of Escada fragrances, however this particular scent is more edgy, not so tropical and Summery. The patchouli in the base creates a darker, earthier feel which I'm quite impressed by.

During the opening, Parlez-Moi d'Amour smelt very much like Passiona, an Australian passionfruit flavoured soft drink, which was my favourite beverage as a child. It brought back some beautiful memories. I particularly like this fragrance's boldness, however I find the overly sweetened and juicy fruits a bit much at times.

It's quite gutsy to my nose, so I think in a way it suits John Galliano's style. I like Parlez-Moi d'Amour and I think on some girls it could really smell amazing. On me it's a bit sour.

The longevity could be better, but overall it's not too disappointing. The sillage however is quite overpowering, so the best tip I could give you is to apply sparingly.

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Mmmh smells really delicious. Light, fruity and sweet (but not sickingly sweet), rosy scent. The rose smells very nice in this scent. Perfect spring and summer fragrance. Personally I don't smell blueberry, just fruit, but that might be me.
The bottle is to die for!
Wouldn't mind getting this as a gift. It's a very romantic scent.

sofiii
sofiii

Parlez-Moi d’Amour is quite a disappointment, especially when you compare it with the other two John Galliano’s fragrances, however, apart from that, Parlez-Moi d’Amour isn’t too bad at all as a fruity perfume.

The start is just fresh blueberry! Real blueberries hit you on the face with some more freshness (I think it must be the ginger note). When I say real blueberries, I mean it, as in I don’t really smell much from the perfume for about 5 minutes, and similar to when you just smell blueberries from the punnet.

Soon after the nearly-non-perfume-smelling phase, it gets really fruity, and sweet, I agree it can be easily be mistaken as an Escada perfume. It is really juicy, sweet, fruity salad kinda juicy. It would please the current sweet-fruity loving trend, and personally I wouldn’t mind to wear it in really small doze.

Later on some floral aspect comes in and softens the whole scent, which is rather nice, but somewhat this scent at this stage just reminiscent those overly scented fruity erasers many of us from an Asian culture might’ve bought during the early 90s. It’s lovely, it’s nearly edible, and you just can’t stop smelling it because it’s somewhat addictive, but you know that’s not the real fruit scent, and it’s not good for you.

The final dry down is rather nice, it has the nice soft slightly inky musk hint in it, really similar to Jeanne Lanvin’s dry out. Talking about which, I find Parlez-Moi d’Amour is like a blueberry sister of the raspberry Jeanne Lanvin, and Parlez-Moi d’Amour is slightly less bubbly or energetic.
Even though I don’t really like druggie John Galliano, Parlez-Moi d’Amour isn’t that outstanding, but I have to admit the quality of this perfume surpasses many other floral fruity nice girly perfumes out there. Nice scent for floral fruity lovers.

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

I want to try this perfume its sounds good like other people have said is taylor mosmen really the right girl to be the face of this perfume but anwayz she looks really good in the advert not bad after all but i dont really like taylor much i dont really know anything about her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! besides the fact shes in gossip girl.

spensierata
spensierata

I concur that this really isn't a floral woody musk scent at all. It's pure fruit; blueberry that is. However, if you like floral fruity fragrances, this is a very pleasant and romantic scent. Unlike other fruity scents, this on me did not become foody at all, and the intensity of the blueberry fades gradually into something more floral as time passes.

susiechoo
susiechoo

Uhhh whatt? this is a floral woody musk? ya...i don't think so. From what I can remember, Parlez moi d'amour is almost nothing but blueberry.

I kinda like it but am a bit put off with its fruitiness. This could easily be an Escada fragrance. I find this scent pretty immature, like a preppy 16-17 year old would wear, but then again the endorser is 16 years old so I guess it's very fitting from what I smell.

melia
melia

Very sweet, fresh and cute. Very much on the fruity side of life. I agree, not quite the scent to describe Taylor Momsen... It doesn't smell expensive, but therefore it also is not super expensive. I quite like the drydown actually, it gets a tad more floral and interesting, I suppose it has something to do with that cypress I have never smelled before. The bottle is a keeper too, very pretty with the little post-stamp on it. Quite mainstream and isn't that impressive, but I had expected something worse from reading the reviews here! Probably they have expected better since smelling the other John Galliano fragrance, which I actually don't like that much. So if you was not crazy about the other extravagant John Galliano's, don't let that keep you from trying this one.

passionata20
passionata20

I really do not like this scent!
It reminds me of a seasonal Escada fragrances, but even more discusting. I think this blueberry note ruins everything, as it tends to be sweet, but somehow over-the-top sweet in a vulgar way!
Unlike Gallianoś first fragrance this is a truly mass-market product that soon will be forgotten i predict!
Some girls under 16 might find it great, but sorry, not me!

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every rewiev should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

beccajo
beccajo

Wow, I would buy this just for the bottle-but that's it. ooh blueberry, oh isn't that different? blah, blah and blah.
I like Taylor, but that's it. I'm so disappointed by John Galliano. You would think he wouldn't bow to conformity. Well he did. I would buy it for $5 and use it to make the bathroom smell good, because that bottle is gorgeous!

(sorry, had to say it)

Hey Lilo, I dont know you but respect your point, the thing is: Taylor Momsen is not a woman. Is a teenager. I'm still "young", I'm "gothic" and I'm everything that is far away from what a moral, pudic person is, believe me. I just think that the bottle and the perfume dont match at all with Momsen's "personality". But in another hand, if this perfume is for little girls, well then it suits perfectly Momsen really well. I think Momsen is as annoying as Paris Hilton but insteed of pink and happy is like "I'm so depressed, I'm one of the most ritch teenagers on the USA, I have everything that I want, I do everything that I want but still my live in miserable" C'mooooon!!!!! I sort of miss the real thing, I think teenagers should have idols that at least are what they are (wrong or right) and not spoiled brats that for a question of markething become pseudo-"whatever is cool at the moment". Its just annoying...

Now the perfume...
I agree with Noelia, its really nothing special and I dont know how Galliana can do a perfume like the first one and then surprise the market with this :S

Martika
Martika

I really liked Galliano's first perfume but this one you take Galliano's name off and it could be one of the seasonal Escadas: sweet, pleasant but so ordinary. Not much else to say about it.

amber_glow
amber_glow

The bottle and the name looks quite romantic like a love letter; stamps flowers pink etc. but the girl -Taylor representing this perfume has got nothing to do with romanticism.. So there is a huge message conflict between the image of the bottle and the ad campaign confusing the consumer with questions such as what is the target market of this perfume - if the target community is 17 year old gothic girls like Taylor then why is this bottle design is pink like a boring romantic love letter, if it applies to adults then why did they use this girl as the representator of this perfume?
I m sure there a reason of this strange combination.. but it gives no clue about the scent so I may forget about this bottle after 1 minutes I saw the campaign...

guest_Lillo
guest_Lillo

TanGirl - Oh girl... your talking borders misogyny. A woman showing her body isn't looking like a "hooker", c'mon... don't let yourself be brainwashed by the over-sexualization of the female body, the "modernity". A body is a body, a female body is a body, nothing more than that. If she's dressed from head to feet, or nude, she's still a woman, still has a body that is her instrument (not an ornament) and must be respect. Respect.
In all the other, I agree with you.

Oh, and the scent is... boring, sweet and teen. Yeah. I don't even need to tell anything more.

TankGirl

Uhhhhmmm I dont know why should John Galliano pick Taylor Momsen to represent this perfume?! Like...she's 16, she dresses like that for probably 6 months so I believe its not quite her "personality", she talks like she has no brain, she's completly talentless on acting and her band its good..but not because of her :S And its scary to see people say on the video that she represents this teen generation: posers, wannabe famous and wannabe rockstars dressing like 17th century hookers. OMG this generation tryes so much...I miss the 90'...
I dont know how this perfume smells, but probably is realy a "teen" scent because of the blueberry top note...I love the other JG perfume, but this one is probably bad...too much marketing....for test anyway...

Parlez-Moi d’Amour by John Galliano 3.62 out of 5 based on 388 ratings and 81 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about John Galliano Parlez-Moi d’Amour fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about John Galliano Parlez-Moi d’Amour, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Parlez-Moi d’Amour by John Galliano. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Parlez-Moi d’Amour by John Galliano represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.