Designers » I-K » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Joop! Homme Joop! for men
dislike

I have it: 1266 I had it: 802 I want it: 387 My signature: 39

cinnamon
Joop! Homme Joop! for men Pictures Joop! Homme Joop! for men Pictures Joop! Homme Joop! for men Pictures Joop! Homme Joop! for men Pictures Joop! Homme Joop! for men Pictures Joop! Homme Joop! for men Pictures Joop! Homme Joop! for men Pictures

Joop! Homme is very sensual oriental fragrance with fresh citrus opening of mandarin, lemon, bergamot and orange blossom. The floral heart is very warm and balmy, revealing jasmine, lily of the valley, heliotrope and cinnamon. The exotic base introduces sweet and woodsy notes of vanilla, Tonka bean, patchouli and sandalwood. The fragrance was created by Michel Almairac in 1989.

Orange Blossom Mandarin Orange Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Jasmine Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley Cardamom Cinnamon

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Vanilla

Original Santal

Joop! Homme Fragrance Reviews

stephan
stephan

I like the fragrance, bought it blind from a reliable source. But the stuff is not strong as everybody says. I have the bottle with "homme" under "joop".

kytikyti
kytikyti

This is just so disgusting. My friend wore this and i couldnt even breathe when he was around. I really hate that strong cinnamon in that. Its contrasting with vanilla which is really nice, but cinnamon is a killer!

frenchwhore237
frenchwhore237

Tried so hard to love this stuff. I really did. I wore it all the time to see if it would grow on me. These days its so damn hard to find a cologne that stays on for 24 hours until you wash it off so I was really intrigued.

It took me awhile to realize the stuff didn't work with my body chemistry AT ALL. I smelt like sweet leathery garbage a lot of the times I applied it. Instead of attract women with this I repelled them and I realized at that point that it wouldn't work out and I brought myself to throw out the 30ml bottle of it.

sherryshell2003
sherryshell2003

Sillage Genie in a Bottle...

MadeInSweden
MadeInSweden

I've rocked this stuff for about 2 months now. At the beginning it smelled like old lady. It maked me cough and sneeze because i thought i was allergic or something. I sprayed 1 on the chest to test it. My dad said he could sniff it from 15 meters and it smelled bad. I had to agree with him. But then i let it calm down for 4 hours and them the magic happened. It smelled fantastic. I've wered it at school from time to time and damn ladies love it. Some of the schools hottest girls stayed like 3 inches from me,stopped and start sniffed. Then they all say you smell amazing and i guess they right.

Scent: 2/10 for the first 2 hours. 9/10 for the rest.

Sillage: 8/10 strong shit but it's to strong. But if you want to get noticed you will love it.

Projection: 10/10 Stay strong 12+ hours

Longevity: 10/10 stays on skin for about 13 hours and on clothes for 24+.

Age group: High school to 25 year old.

Overall score: 9/10.

Matamare
Matamare

You have to now how to were this!

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

SWEET, but not too much if you can stand for first 20 minutes. After that , smell is so romantic and so good. This fragrance is old , it is older than me. It known very well at overseas but in U.S. most people don't know brand of JOOP, but joop is doing very well good job with price and quality. Joop homme stays on you over 12 hours so that is why you do not want to go over 2 sprays on you. Most people finds too sweet but you just need to stand first 20 minutes, later on it is lovely and price is unbeatable.

ccout033
ccout033

Smells cheap and synthetic. Having said that, I've gotten compliments while wearing it.

I laugh when I read the notes listed for this fragrance. It smells like none of those things. What you get is a sweet candy-like smell. Imagine a red lollipop...

polkadot27

In all honesty, this one gets a lot of flack. But one thing i do know is women love it and it turns them on. It is very sexy and masculine, yet women can also get away with wearing it. Whether one loves or hates it, its one that knows how to picque attraction.

headofstate
headofstate

Absolutely hated this stuff the first few times I wore it because the top is absolutely atrocious. A chemical mess of unnatural citrus and floral that has no real appeal beyond self-loathing and sensory torture. After two hours things finally start to come around and the warming cinnamon, synthetic but appealing vanilla and uplifting and original heliotrope calm down into a wonderful winter blend of chemical mess, but of the inviting, welcoming, enjoyable kind. Powerhouse performance here, don't get too generous with the sprayer, 3 sprays is enough to suffocate an entire office or classroom, 2 should be the limit on this one as projection is off-the-roof, longevity easily above 10 hours and can last as long as an entire weekend if a little bit gets on the t-shirt. The perfect fragrance for the guy who loves pain before pleasure, the dry-down payoff is so good it's worth enduring two hours of synthetic chemical warfare to get there; but not everyone will like this, it's simply too ubiquitous and abrasive to be worn in a big public space filled with innocent people. Keep this one for cold winter days at home.

casanova1974
casanova1974

This is the signature scent of my dog Danny (he is a french bulldog). Smells wonderful on him. And of course both longevity and projection are monster.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

I think I was in eight grade when this stuff came out and man did a lot of girls like it. Me...I was never a fan but hey if I got hickies all over my neck and long make out sessions when I wore it then so be it. Hell I would have worn stale brute for christ sake if It helped get me laid at that day and age.
I remember in middle school and high school loving the smell of Exclamation on girls. Joop! Was the same damn thing with girls and they loved it.

It's cheap and affordable and just as many people like it as they do hate it. Two sprays and your good. You cannot wreck the smell of this you can rub it in like after shave it's going to last no matter what.

pcnelsonmania
pcnelsonmania

Not very common in my country, it doesn't suffer from the" heavy use in the crowd". So, in a clean, impartial comment, have to say that this is probable the most powerfull perfume i've come across, gets more compliments than any other, everlasting and enourmous sillage, cheap, so, and because i love the scent, it's nearly the perfection for a perfume to me. Yes i will use it allright!

kagisho
kagisho

Joop managed to pull sweet juice for winter on this one, its not my fav but I found myself buying the bottle 3 times in the past decade yrs lol. and I am afraid the fourth round is coming soon.

vanillary29
vanillary29

The potent fuchsia juice conjures up a delicious cloud of powdery heliotrope, warm cinnamon and sweet vanilla. I'm a girl and I honestly wouldn't mind wearing this.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Sickly sweet, outrageously plastic smelling, completely synthetic and a terribly cheap, unsophisticated imitation of Creed's Santal. This is absolutely awful, right? Surprisingly..Not at all. Despite all of the negatives and its reputation among the self-professed experts on youtube as completely afoul of class and only for the nose or skin of "the common-folk" not willing to put out $200 for a bottle of Uber-sophisticated Creed!
Joop! Homme is shockingly still good (benefiting from a fantastic dry-down of cinnamon on vanilla on heliotrope on creamy Tonka) and one of the few great late 20th century classics not to be reformulated or watered-down and can still be purchased in all its vintage, over-powering glory at any corner street drugstore near you! (Unlike JPG's watered-down modern Le Male, fr starters)
First things first, Joop! Homme owes much to Swiss firm Davidoff's Cool Water from the year before. After patiently waiting to see how Creed would react in the legal realm after having one of its popular scents copied and reformulated with cheaper ingredients to make it more accessible for the mainstream consumer; Joop's executives saw the legal risk seemed to be minimal and pushed forward with plans to follow suit, giving Michel Almairac free-reign to create a more affordable, flashier version of another popular Creed creation.
The results?
Absolutely disgusting and as synthetic as they come the first 30-45 minutes of wear. Brace yourself and only spray 1-2 max. if you are planning to do any interaction with other species of the human race. This thing is an absolute monster and will take over a car with one spray, an entire room with two and an office complex with three. When you've suffered through the opening and held your breath long enough, you're left with a warming, comforting cinnamon, vanilla, heliotrope bomb that is entirely and utterly enjoyable and absolutely perfect for cold weather days or evenings and lasts for hours upon hours. Longevity and projection are through the roof. Much maligned and hated, this is a solid bargain and a necessary modern classic for the collection but it's also a scent that has as many haters as it does lovers, so know your audience before making the decision to wear this on the job, on a date or out and about with strangers.
A genuine monster that is sugary sweet like cotton candy mixed with arroz con leche with cinnamon on top eaten in a Spanish garden. The one cologne that proves Charles Darwin correct, that indeed some things can evolve from complete synthetic vapor (the top) into something utterly enjoyable and spectacular (the dry-down). Overall: 7.5

velgasius
velgasius

Smells sexy. Smells sweet (but not A-Men sweet) in the first 2 hours, but after that 2 hour mark you'll get a very smooth, pleasant, soothing vanilla+floral scent with pleasant incense in the background. I have a 2013 batch, longevity and projection is not a problem at all. If you spray this into the air, it'll stick for at least an hour. Projection explodes up to an amazing 3 meters in the first hour, goes down to 1.5 meters in the 2nd hour, 1 meter in the 3rd to 4th hour, and goes down to about an elbow's length from the 5th until the next 10 hours. You can literally walk through rain or strong gales (I know this, I tried) and by the time you step indoors people will still be able to smell you.
Sillage:
hour 1: 20 second scent trails
hour 2 to 3: 10 second scent trails
hour 4 to 5: 5 second scent trails
from here it's only that scent wave that mists through someone when you pass by that fades slowly the more it travels through the air.

Will smell synthetic in the first 2 hours, but will smell amazing and natural afterwards. Opinion's honest, it's the latest performance from the 2013 batch. This is a definite buy, big bottle, cheap, smells incredible.

How many sprays? I use 3, one below my adam's apple, one on my chest under the shirt, and one on my chest on the shirt. Spraying on your chest (on the shirt) allows you to measure the performance of this fragrance because you will always be able to smell it.

Icucino
Icucino

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde of the fragrance world. Go easy on the trigger if you wanna smell playful and even charming. Go overboard and be the tackiest person to ever set foot on the planet. Use it wisely and enjoy what this classic has to offer.

Okay so it's about time I commented on this classic juice which I did own a small bottle of in my youth and don't get me wrong I wasn't a huge fan even then(I think my sister bought it for me?) but I never remembered being so vile!
Maybe my tastes have changed dramatically I don't know? I can usually handle sweetness and the oriental sweet/spicy combo of cinnamon (one of my favourite notes) especially with a creamy element of vanilla to it Joop Homme should be something that appeals to me.
Unfortunately, I really don't like it, even the small bottle I had in the 90's never got used in it's entirety before being lost in a house move or something?
No one note in this offends me...quite the opposite actually but the composition is somehow wrong and unpleasant.
That just about sums it up really...utterly forgettable stuff apart from the strikingly gaudy pinky/purple juice of course.
If you want a fragrance that does something similar and to me is a perfect example of the right way to combine cinnamon/sandlewood/vanilla then I'd go for Mont Blanc Individuel.
Okay, when I say I don't enjoy Joop Homme or use words like 'vile' maybe that's harsh because it is okay on others when applied sparingly but I have to think 'would I wear it?' (and bare in mind I'm pretty liberal and not that fussy about what I do wear in the main) and upon revisiting it after years I have concluded that I wouldn't.
Projection & Longevity are silly on this one too and the opening is worse than the drydown but it seems to open for hours it really is no nonsense juice this.

VikramRajgor
VikramRajgor

sensual is the word.

I agree to the review comments which says the top notes are offensive, specially for initial 10 minutes but let it dry down and see the magic!

I stay in a warm country and hence 3 to 4 sprays is still not sin, provided you spray it at correct spots.

having said that if you like wearing mild, sober, formal fragrance, joop! is not for you.

Watt-de
Watt-de

Longevity has radioactive strenght and so are the ingredients used, it is very chemical. I tried it and tried it gain, and I trully hated it time after time. I could not stand the smell on my skin and had to brush it off en wash my clothes. I had to give it away. It made me fear for all the other Joop! colognes out there so I will never ever buy something from Joop! ever again. Its a big No-No for me. I also learned a valuable lesson: Unearthly longevity is not not important to me. If a fragrance is so potent it stayed easily over 8-10 hrs with me, I don't want it. I like it to come and go.

William.Lynn.White
William.Lynn.White

Recently purchased my first bottle of JOOP! since the early 1990's. I had forgotten how potent this stuff really was. If you over do it, you will be noticed and will clear out small rooms. If you are light on the trigger, it will be pleasent and last for hours.

Longevity and sillage is beastly with this stuff. I tend to spray 1 spray to the back of both hands and I'm good to go for the day/night. I've had it on for 5 hours now and can still smell my hands at arms length.

K1
K1

The first time I realized there's something for human named perfume it was when I first saw Joop! Homme; this charming magenta liquid; on a toilette desk. Years after I grew a giant nose on my face, that today I get the advantage of, and I smelt it!
JH is a brick in the wall that I drew my teenage days on it. A cornerstone of my tendency to fragrances. It is mystic and I defined the term "SEXY" by this perfume!

Anyway, JH's advent happened parallel to that of Techno music range and this extremist exotic liquid was like death metal music but there was a gravity form this taboo idol every time I passed from a vitrine presenting this inexpensive charisma. Years later I was grown up enough to smell like a real dandy man but I wasn't that muscly to deserve it!
JH is a heavy sweet waxy vanilla'ish deep spicy floral fragrance that its vanilla plus tonka bean stand out of any combination of that notes happened before.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

This was a bit of a ground-breaking scent for me because it marked the early era of the metrosexual male before it even became a widely used term. The kind of guy who was fun, free of inhibitons, ambitious, cutting edge, energetic, and likely paid a lot of attention to detail in the aspect of grooming and preserving their good looks as well as well learned in things such as interior design.

I was liking it. So much I even tried it on myself a few times. I must say it is a lively scent that I enjoy on either gender but the wearer (like with all perfumes/colonges) has to have the right personality to pull it off. On the right person it shall draw you in with its warmth, intrigue with its complex untraditional aroma, and compel people to ask "What is that you're wearing" every time.

MisterCrazyLegs
MisterCrazyLegs

Ive said it once, I'll say it again. If used with very careful moderation, it smells delicious. If you spray just enuf, its a juice that wafts around you in an almost quasi-edible way.

But being light on the trigger is difficult for some folks, and I think what happens is that it smells so addictive, there are those who just cant help spraying more than they should. I recall wearing out once, yrs ago...and I sprayed it 5 times. Yea, 5 times. Not only did I get a horrible headache, but I spent a good portion of the night, feeling like I would vomit at any time. That left a scar on me, the likes of which keeps me away from Joop.

and its kinda unfortunate, because I actually loved the way it smells. Its very singular..and in my opinion, nothing else, remotely smells like it. There are 5 or 6oz bottles of this stuff, for sale, on some sites.

Note-wise, you're asking for trouble, when you combine jasmine, heliotrope and cinnamon, because all of them tend to project heavily, unless you smother them with something that takes the edge off of them. But this fragance does not do that. It just lets all of those notes, wave their 'freak flags', with no intervention.

1millionintenseboy
1millionintenseboy

Imagine vanilla flower and cinnamon. OK? Now imagine vanilla flover and cinnamon on steroids. And that's what Joop Homme is all about. Even tangerine in the openning is on some drugs. This fragrance is only for mature men who like having a good time. And Joop Homme is very helpful allie in that mission. You won't be unnoticed wearing this miracle. The best season to wear it is winter, but I like it so much, that I wear it even in hot summer days. And girs go crazy. One day it was very hot (and I was hot, if you know what I mean), I was wearing Joop Homme, when one girl came to me and ask me if she could smell my wrist. Now, she's my girfriend, and it's all thanks to this red potion called Joop Homme.

mirisaba
mirisaba

I just tried it accidentally during x-mas shopping. This juice is marvelous.
Imagening this interacting with the "right" body chemistry of a male ...
But boys beware- this scent is like a mustang- handle with care!

Although I´m a woman I won`t hesitate getting this gem to make me happy.
There are similarities to the female version, but to me this one is more headstrong and sophisticated. LOVE IT !

Cw830
Cw830

It came as a free mini-bottle sample that I gave to my brother and he threw it away. I wish I had known so I could have asked to keep it for myself. The problem is that some take the bottle and douse it on. My brother put on too much and did not wait for the scent to evolve after the inital douse. One or two sprays of Joop would have been sufficient. A sweet, warm, delicious scent. I would have liked to try it on my own skin chemistry.

hadrian
hadrian

An (unnecessary, I think) apology for the good old Pink Bomb

It is practically impossible to judge Joop! Homme without a reference to the epoch who gave it: the end of the promising ’80's… a time when the cool breeze of summer smelled, of course, as (the new arrived then) Cool Water… when the winter cried for a different scent… when USSR was still frightening with its nukes directed to the West… when peoples still listened rock ballads… and when the very idea of a sweet perfume for men seemed utterly bizarre…
Yes, this is/was the time when the Pink Bomb arrived among us.
Now, in our days, you can accept it or not – and it is not a crime, either you’ll love it or hate it.
But such a perfume deserves more than love or hate – it deserves thoughtful consideration.
Joop!H still remains one of the most original perfumes available on the market. Its warm spices, its cherry vibes and its delicious power are intact.
Can we say it’s dated? I think not. It may be seen as different – but it still is a landmark in the history of the good–smelling masculinity.
A humble advice: don’t take more than three sprays (I recommend two). If you want to kill it on your skin (and to irritate the others), put more than three – and you’ll say it’s week and horrible… guess why!
A deserved 9/10 perfume.

kamooo
kamooo

This was my mistake.

hotmrw

Nothing can compare to Joop Homme with regards to sillage and longevity
I also find the smell rather lovely

I have skin that eats fragrances at a very very high rateb, but Joop lasts and projects hour after hour after hour

Smell 9-10
Sillage 10-10
Longevity 10-10

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Got a tiny bottle of this as part of a giveaway, and while I don’t intentionally venture into ‘pour homme’ territory, I’m certainly not averse to trying men’s scents. The listed notes in this really seemed right up my alley, and I was not disappointed.

I would love a man to smell like this—so guys, don’t think this is some girly scent, based upon what I’m about to say. To my nose, this was quite a bit like Indecence—spicy cinnamon floral, and a nuttiness that felt like walnuts but must have been the cardamom. There was also an orris-like-breeze that wafted in midway through, but no orris root is listed; not sure where that is coming from, but it was a lovely contrast. The initial 10 minutes do smell like “guys cologne”, sort of a rubbing-alcohol tartness; but then it quickly becomes a very nice, rich, spicy oriental. The drydown is sweet cinnamon, and so far it has lasted for 5 hours on my (dry) skin.

For some reason (maybe the advertising displayed), I keep thinking “this is how pirates smell”—maybe thinking trade winds, spice routes etc. This is a very enjoyable scent for me, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone—man or woman—who loves a rich, spicy oriental with a hint of floral sweetness.

Wiscan
Wiscan

Had Joop! once while and liked it. Only problem was the colour faded and it ended up as a dirty beer colour - took it back and got some more, and kept it out of the light and used it quickly. Wouldn't chance this again!...

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This stuff reeks of my naive teenage years. Like before I even realized I looked atrocious with a centre parting, or that my CD of 'Ibiza Club Anthems' wasn't actually real music, or before I knew not to pair a navy shirt with black pants....I wore Joop.

The warm candied sweetness is instantly recognizable, and admittedly quite nostalgic. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it now though. At best it smells like a slightly more plastic version of Gaultier's "Le Male".

Too much of this stuff creates a cloying, synthetic twang that you can almost taste, like cherry cough syrup. The colour is quite apt.

mrobbo0812
mrobbo0812

Do not recommend at all, I have Joop Jump and Joop Nightflight which I love and thought I would try Homme as well.
First of all it's way too strong, even one spray makes my nose burn, Do Not Buy!!!

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

Wore this all through Jr high school and high school until Le Male came out and took over. I loved it then and had nearly forgotten about it until a moment ago. So uncomfortable with my self at the time, sexy would have been the last word I'd use to describe it, but it looks like I'll have to revisit it on my next trip to the states.

brandonR
brandonR

Remember when you were in grade school and you were so sick you stayed home while your mom took you to the doctor? She took you into the exam room, and there you both waited in the cold ass room for the doctor to come in and see you. When he came in and greeted you he was really nice, just knowing how scared you were of possibility of getting a shot. As he looked into your ear with his otoscope, his white doctors coat rubbed against your forehead and hair. It was at that point that you knew everything was going to be alright.

That's what Joop Homme is for me. It's my wintertime/ holiday love affair. Joop homme's balmy and medicinal overtones wrap me with a sense of comfort that reminds me of cherry cough drops and medicine. As strange as it sounds, I enjoy wearing this scent when I'm feeling ill in the wintertime. It's like my own personal security blanket. I'll sit at home from work sipping on soup, eating Funions and drinking sprite, lol!

I'm usually the type of guy that likes his 80's powerhouse alpha male scents, but I think even though Joop Homme could be considered by some a unisex scent, I believe it has crossover appeal for many macho type guys who wouldn't otherwise think of wearing a unisex scent if Joop wasn't such the bomb that it is. Let's face it, strong guys like strong scents. Joop is a testament for those guys who dared to step out of their comfort zone, and braced the idea of something more sensual going into the 90's.

If you really think about it, Joop Homme was a pioneer, and paved the way for the Leu' Di Isseys of the world. Just wearing this fragrance before I walk out the door gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Now if I can just my boss at work to come over and clean out my garage.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

i really love this scent! one of the classics that can never ever be ignored! worth every single penny you worked so hard for. the price, the quality, the scent, the longevity, the sillage... you just can't ask for more.

if you want something that will trample every single scent in a room and get all the focus at you... i suggest you wear this. nothing spells narcissism the right way than Joop!Homme does! it's going to scream "HEY! I AM HERE!!!" to everyone's faces and leave a trail of total territorial-ism...

wearing this the proper way is "walking through the perfume mist". got it? good!

jake.shouse

This by far one of the best colognes for men I wore it for along time and really got tired of the smell too many men where this scent I love it on other men and ppl always loved it on me but their are very few scents that I beyond love that I can nolonger wear this would be one of them.... But I do love the Cinnamon and Vanilla and powdery notes those are 3 notes I love in colognes and perfumes! But if I past someone with this on I look at Joop as if it could be unisex but if I past a guy with this on I would enjoy it on the guy.... smells are tied too memories this will always be one I could come back too and wear. This is pure sex in a bottle women go crazy with me being Gay men went crazy over joop..... But still a masterpiece!

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

I've been wearing Joop! Homme for years, and still to this day, is the KING of all the Men`s fragrances!! It is so ridiculously over the top in composition, bottle design, and the colour of the juice, that it is 1 in a million, and will never be topped. I've had the pleasure of smelling the vintage version, and to my nose, which is pretty darn good, smells almost exactly the same as the reformulated version. In fact, I think the reformulated version is better, because it's brighter in the opening and middle, but the drydown for both is exactly the same. The finality of the drydown is the winner... Very warm, spicy, dry Cinnamon, Heliotrope and Sandalwood that's pretty linear, and just goes and goes and goes. The longevity of Joop! Homme is really quite stupid, even with 1 spray. I get atleast 18 hours, and kinda get sick of smelling it on me after this point. It is hard to believe that it's only a Toilette, and not a Parfum!! I love it, always have and always will. There's absolutely nothing that smells like it. When I wanna smell beautiful and make all those people around me uncomfortable that don't have the olfactory ability of appreciating a masterpiece of a fragrance... I wear Joop! Homme, but 1 spray only!!! Of course... 10 out of 10

vicvic
vicvic

Had the vintage Lancaster version of Joop! Homme. It was bold, cough syrupy, sweet fragrance. I had mixed comments with it. If you are looking for attention this is it. If you are in a Frag War with your office mates or peers this cancels out the competition. Spray once on the chest and it will last the whole day.

I recently bought the Coty version of Joop! Homme. Still has that sweet fragrance and a bit powdery than the original. It is still a sillage beast.

Applying it is a bit tricky. The weird thing is I dig this frag both Lancaster and Coty version.

WolverineWarrior
WolverineWarrior

I bought this on a deployment to the Persian Gulf onboard USS BOXER LHD 4. They had a few colognes for sale at the ship store. Its not my style.

theblasphemousboy
theblasphemousboy

Was given this for a birthday years ago. Hate it. Always have, always will. This is a fragrance people use only to cover up worse smells. If that is possible.

hedward
hedward

I have both the vintage and reformulation.

I shall start by saying that the vintage was reformulated for good. First of all it is way too feminine for a guy - it reeks of nutty heliotrope and orange blossom. Sure the vintage version smells much more natural and less synthetic but cmon.. who expects a cologne worth of 20 dollars to smell like Chergui? Joop! is about having overly synthetic notes and over the top everything. The plastickyness and syntheticness is what makes Joop! itself. The vintage also smelled much more niche-ish in a bad way - it tries to be mature and sophisticated with it's screaming chemicals but my question is why? This fragrance is supposed to be fun and experimental, not something to be worn by a man in his fifties. One could even say that the vintage version is shy and depressed compared to the current.

So.. The current formula has much more citrus in the top thus making it brighter and "Joop!ier" - the tingling bergamot chemicals are exactly what one would expect from a neon pink bottle. The citrus also makes the whole scent to be much more masculine and youthful whereas the vintage is darker and more mature. Current formula is not a sweet as the vintage. It has more spices and the cinnamon is more prominent which is also a plus. And to be honest (I apologize those who lived in the 80's) the vintage has kind of an outdated smell.. sure it would suit a middle aged woman but for a guy in his twenties? No way.

The only thing that was better in the vintage version was the tobacco note which is sadly absent in the current formula. Tobacco is one of my favourite notes so I was positively surprised due to it's appearance.

Conclusion: The current formula (Joop! above Homme) is in my opinion superior to the vintage. They share the same longevity and monstrous sillage. Joop! is about synthetic chemicals, cheap prices and happy, bright aromas. The vintage version is dark, too sweet, feminine and has an outdated odor - a great reformulation has taken place (unlike Dior Homme for example...)

Smell 8/10 x 2
Longevity / Potency 9/10 (too strong)
Versatility 3/10
Complexity 7/10
x2

Overall score 70/100

lovetribe

pure love.not as the other edt!!!is unique!!

Reddy garu
Reddy garu

I have seent he pictures of Joop in amazon, google. Ebay but the picture on fragrantica is different all others say Joop Homme , wheras fragrantica says Homme Joop
which one is correct is there a dual market running here. clarify please

LisaMari
LisaMari

I really hate this cologne - it's cloying and sickening. I'm learning that I really don't like white florals.

Krupp
Krupp

I lived my life and thought that Chanel Antaeus was the most potent men's fragrances on the market in terms of duration and strength. But then I tried Joop! Homme, and now the world looks completely different! Its sweet, exciting scent lasts loooong, and is highly addictive. I'm sold...

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Ok, I will admit it... I was apprehensive about trying Joop because of some of the reviews here. I made a blind buy and wow, I really like this juice . Yes it's sweet on the top but the dry down is terrific. Be sure and go easy on the sprayer. I used a total of 3 sprays on my body and capped it off with some Joop aftershave on my neck. Yes , now I'm a Joop fan.

isibaba
isibaba

probabaly the best. Very long lasting
stays on in hot and humid climates

divenegg
divenegg

i´d rather drink it as a cough medicine. It´s the only perfume that I had to wash as son as i could.

sherifkus
sherifkus

Too strong. Too german!!!

I was looking for a strong delicate night scent, but this one is not what i was looking for. It makes me feel as if i am in a hospital!

Be careful when you buy a perfume in a red bottle.

goldenhorn
goldenhorn

mide bulandirici,,yaccc!!!

Jeff P
Jeff P

Tried Joop for the first time today. Smelled good on the card, so i gave it a whirl. Long story short... it was a scrub off. I am one of those people who has to try a scent as many turn sour. Joop was very sour. I felt it smelled a touch like Halloween Man, which also turned sour. Oh well, the quest continues to find the perfect long lasting nighttime scent.

MCvitic
MCvitic

I had bought it few times... In 2 words... sweet and strong !

For winter, just great.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Great parfum.

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

I had this years ago and it was a beast back then. You could look forward to a cough syrup face punch followed by an eternal vanilla/sandalwood drydown. It projected for miles and I loved it.

Picked up a new bottle recently and was surprised. The reformulation has made this a whisper of what it used to be. I get a fruity slap in the face and then a so-so drydown, maybe 4 hours. Still like it but it's not the beast I remember.

kenney77

This cologne lasts forever on me I love that I have a big bottle of this you only need one or two sprays at the most I get nonstop comments on this mix this with one million by Paco Robanne amazing

lovetribe

i'll buy this meraville!!!!

pharhanbadar
pharhanbadar

The vintage version is just too awesome that has Homme written above the Joop. Its a sillage monster and the longivity is too good. Love this stuff.

zbansingh
zbansingh

This stuff is disgusting! Way too strong, too synthetic, smells like medicine and is incredibly cloying!

The only time I ever use this is when I spray it all over my friend as a prank!

Joop home gets a 1 out of 5 for being shovelware of the highest order!

Steer clear of this horrible fragrance unless you want to smell like a cheap hooker!!

lil_taul

im on my second bottle. the first one i had around 2003. its 2013 and the bottle i bought now seem to be a little more toned down, not as strong and jus smooth. its still projects like hell...2 sprays in the winter... 1 spray on summer nights...but only on ur chest under your shirt

Foysal

The best male fragrance of the market.Don't listen to anyone , listen to your nose.I am damn sure all the other commentators are agent of other perfume industries. That's why they hide the truth. Joop Homme is the king of fragrance industry.

crepedechine
crepedechine

Nice fragrance but so 90s, so old-fashioned. Too sweet and too much cherry and vanilla in it. HUUUUUUUGE projection and very very very long lasting, just sprayed once on my shirt 1 week ago and I can still get the smell within an arm length.

Sillage: 10/10
Versatility: 4/10

BUY/TRY/PASS?

TRY.

Hrushi
Hrushi

This fragrance taught me one thing in life. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinions but never play by their rules. Every person I met had to spew venom for this fragrance. Candy floss, sugar boiled confectionery, cough syrup, etc. were some of the terms used to refer to this juice. Consequently, I never wanted to try this. Accidently, I smelled it in the fragrance section of a mall and was enchanted! Definitely a polarizing fragrance.....love or hate. Love in my case! A game changer when it was launched in 1989. I also appreciate the fact that even after all these years the fragrance does not seem dated, but rather contemporary. It's not very versatile though. Not for hot humid areas or closed working spaces. A definite buy if you can stand sweet men's fragrances.

zaetown
zaetown

I've realized in my reading of most these negetive reviews that the people that don't like joop and thinks it stinks hasn't smelled the original formula but have fallen victim to only smelling the new reformula (which ii must say is the worst smell of reformulation I've smelled). I can understand why some people just hate it now but if they were to smell the original they would be blown away! I've smelled both and the latest doesn't even come close! You have to get ahold on the old formula to see what a true classic smells like.

mvhooper2

This is one you have to let dry down. After about 20-30 mins it becomes one of the most, if not THE most complimented one i own. People a foot or two away always ask me what it is because it smells good. Almost all colognes now smell good but are just skin scents. Once this dries down it smells really good AND projects but not invasively so. Its really not THAT strong, I dont get all the reviews saying so. I use about 4 sprays as well, and im at work maybe half an hour later.

Layzie
Layzie

We didn't understand the attraction to this one. This perfume has phenomenal reviews, so we decided to test it out. The clerks didn't particulary care for this fragrance. My girlfriend and I smelled it on paper and were not impressed. Knowing that fragrances change on my skin, I decided to try it anyways. Everyone in the store who gratuitously sniffed my forearm shook his or her head accordingly. It has an odd, pungent, "zingy" smell to it. After about an hour, I really wanted Joop off me. This was no easy task, as the stuff is potent and tenacious on your skin. We know it's a popular perfume, but none of us could find the appeal.

Gazo30

Theres no difference between the Homme above the logo & below the Logo, just the bottle is different. whats inside is exactly the same.

cougarR
cougarR

güzeldir, özeldir, tek fıs yeterlidir.

kenney77

Wooooooow love this cologne very sexy I never smelled this cologne before until recently I wanted it by the time I did smell it one of the best out there very unique and sweet love it

naveenmishra
naveenmishra

what is the difference between HOMME written above the JOOP and on the other hand HOMME witten beneath the JOOP...help me which one is genuine.

bkjess-shopping@yahoo.com
bkjess-shopping@yahoo.com

I was a huge fan of another Michel Almairic creation: Minotaure by Paloma Picasso. The orig 1990's formula had a magnificent dry down of orange/fruity notes, vanilla, & leather ... my most fav scent of all time. Thought I'd try JOOP to see if it was similar but with a cherry vibe & longer lasting.

Did a single spritz on my left wrist & rubbed my wrists together. Smells like red licorice (not really a favorite of mine) for the first 30 minutes; then after 45 minutes, it's like I'm sniffing baby powder while chewing red licorice. Not off to a good start & don't know if I can bear it until the drydown. It's late, going to bed, will smell how things are in the morning.

Not as I hoped. The next morning, 6 hours later, I woke up with a headache, a little nauseated, & the room had a slight aroma of boiled eggs. My personal cloud smelled like a box of cherry-vanilla & baby powder scented white plastic kitchen trash bags.

Strongly advise against a blind buy. Try a sample on your skin first to see how it & you react with one another. In theory JOOP seemed like something I would love, but in reality it is the opposite.

jake.shouse

I wore Joop Homme for 7 yrs and I still will always like the smell of joop I just am sick of the smell I would love too date a guy who wears this it is sex in a bottle!

Bunino
Bunino

Literally the sweetest frag I've ever smelled on my skin. I felt like I would have to remove the top layer of my skin to get this stuff off of me. If you're searching for a gourmand without the inevitable nausea, headache and suffocating feeling, give Versace The Dreamer a whirl. You'll thank me later.

atikuzzamzn

World's number 1 men's fragrance. Sometimes I think how could they make such a wonderful fragrance.All other perfume maker industries should make a workshop with JOOP HOMME maker to learn actually what is real manly fragrance.Long live for JH for giving the world such a wonderful manly fragrance in these days of cheating & froding.Example Pacco Rabbene 1 million---------- very normal & ordinery fragrance in a cute beautiful bottle.

gd15329

@marily You've just made me to login so I could thumb you up. Bravo.

Listen to the girl people, she said it all.

Joop! Homme is not my No1 (GPH2003 is), but someone has to stand up for this fragrance (ahead of it's time, marvelous sexy -YES, synthetic- beast), I am one of them for what it takes.

marily
marily

I fall in love with this fragrance and to anyone partner of mine who wears it!!!!! It totally captivates me!!!!! I can't stop sniffing the neck of my partner or his clothes,it's an addict to me!!!!! I love the cinnamon and its spicy scent!!!! It lasts many hours ,almost one day...It leaves its sillage all over the room!!!!! This is the best fragrance for a man....Sexy and powerfully seductive!!!!Highly recommended,everyone must have it!!!!!

gd15329

Whatever, the fact is many people (especially women) still find this masculine and sexy as hell.
And it works for me, so... I have no reason to complain. I am happy and glad I have it in my collection.

jivanshi
jivanshi

Back in the day, only a few years after it was launched, I have got this as a gift. I have tried to wear it in every position concievable, half a spray, tiniest spray, only sprayed the handkerchief. Believe me, I tried hard, because it was a gift from a girl and I reckon she expected me to wear it, in her presence at least. And every time it made me sick. I managed to "lose it" somewhere, I can't remember, but I got rid of it and it was a huge relief. It's the smell that got me, not the strength of it. Get used to the ideea: some love it, some hate it and find this disgusting, as myself - it's that kind on fragrance.

In genral I agree with Foysal
People just don't know how to use this gem.

PLEASE TRY THIS JUST ONCE. Use ONLY half a spray... I repeat: HALF A SPRAY (ONLY) NO MORE...

and then... then we can talk... because then you will become a true believer.

[On the other hand, if you put on 4-6 sprays of this, you just destroy everything... within the block]

That's it.

The best of the bests.

GMK
GMK

Keeping in view the respect for Mr. Almarac due to his creations like Lui and Gucci pour homme , I just say " this stuff is offencive to physical"

kanak
kanak

I wore this all through my college years in the 90's and actually have fond memories of this frag. This most definitely was the bomb back in the day. The Gal I liked really liked it. This and CK One were probably the defining smells of the 90's for me. Everytime I smell this brings back memories of long Hair, leather jackets, riding motor cycles, drinking and partying til the break of dawn and then sleeping it off in Class the next day!! when i was 18, this was the fragrance of my life.Now the hair is business like, so are the clothes. old girlfriends long married with kids, leather jackets in the back of the closet somewhere, Motor cycle long sold, I drive a sedan. But Just like my first girlfriend,my old riding jacket, my first Yamaha motorcycle, I will always have a soft spot for Joop! Some fragrances define certain eras in your life and to this day, one whiff of Joop! brings those glory days back in a rush to my mind. A very biased, nostalgic, 9/10 for me.

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

Look into the colognes I wear before continuing to read so you, nor anyone else, doesn't go "What the hell?!"

I say this because:

I think this cologne stinks so bad. This, along with Red ( By Giorgio Beverly Hills ) are 2 of the worst smells I've ever come across.

Even if you spray it/apply it lightly, it still is too damn strong, It's like a strong cherry alcohol of something...

It's so strong that If there is someone who comes next to me with it, I will get offended...

I know it's to each their own because I've heard a good amount of people in person, love this fragrance and others dislike it also...so it's hit or miss on your flavor in the end.

renzo77
renzo77

this is a ordinary fragrance chemical smelling strong but not a great aroma as other oh and is below the a men all the verbiage below is lie has no point of comparison with ralph laurent or givenchy or dolce & gabbana.

ezarc
ezarc

I bought this expecting it to smell like it has been described here, sweet, bubblegum, lollies, etc but it smelled nothing like that to me at all.

It smells like sawdust (of MDF) with a slight burning and cigarette ash.

I have no idea what I am going to do with the rest of the 125ml bottle.

The first hour was unpleasant to say the least, now
2.5 hours have passed since I sprayed it (1 spray) and it has died down a little. Ill update in a few more hours.

---

About 5 hours have passed and its actually starting to smell good now, this will be very hard to put up with every time I would like to use it. Its also hard to describe the scent I can smell now, but its a lot more like a spicy sweet smell that before.

Perhaps I should shower and spray on my chest before I sleep and when I wake up it should smell nice by then?

I will update again in a week or 2 once I have had a few more chances to experiment with it.

Gazo30

I have Joop with Homme under the Joop! logo, I have had this bottle for 2yrs maybe So im not sure when the reformulation took place, maybe the bottle is different in other countries but in the UK Its still the same formula, same longevity & projection, so if it has been reformulated its nothing to worry about :)

KyleN
KyleN

I agree with the guy underneath me. If the fragrance has been reformulated or changed in anyay then the sillage and longevity will be affected... Has anybody used this recently and can notice a difference?

Mathew Jacob
Mathew Jacob

Can anybody help me to know whether new "Joop! homme" is reformulated or not, (mentioning about the bottle in which 'homme 'written under JOOP)if then let me know the difference from the first version and does it show any fall down of its longevity and sillage?...Please help me to clarify this...the old reviews are not clear.so please...

Ichariot
Ichariot

It's sweet and bold and very much "in-your-face"! I get the same kind of bubblegum in it that I get in so many female perfumes. But I still like it quite a bit. Even with all the sweetness it does smell masculine and young. Only for determined, outgoing, swaggy youngstas! I would feel awkward smelling this on an elderly man with a gray suit and a tie. Not conservative by any measures

2nd review:

I have the "old formulation" of Joop! with the "HOMME" above Joop! (the reformulated version has the homme under the Joop! logo) and let me tell you that it's stunning and superb...

Here's my own experience:

At first, it opens with a sharp mandarin orange note, blended with the sweetness of the heliotrope flower. I can detect some vanilla, but in a very little amount, and a little bit of cinnamon.

After a while, I feel the spicy notes, the cinnamon and cardamom are very pleasant but powerful, it changes from a sweet/cloying, to a floral fragrance, then I feel the jasmine, orange blossom and heliotrope, in a blend of heavy flowers, that lasts very long time. The vanilla note takes more advantage on this phase.

At last, the drydown... mmm... sweet vanilla with tonka bean, very very strong, smokey and yummy, I can detect the flowers, but now blended with the strong sandalwood, and rich patchouli.

My favourite part of this great fragrance is on the middle notes. The floral heart is very very strong on its composition, and mixed with the thickness of the basenotes, makes it feel like a very strong perfume, rich, opulent and balmy from the heart notes to the end... totally wearable by men and women (because the floral sweetness, women loves this frag).

Not for everyone, not for begginers noses. Very complex fragrance, and that's what I love about it, the changes in each phase, from cherry/candy sweetness, to a dark, smokey, balmy and sweet/woody fragrance on the drydown. That's reason why not evereyone can wear this gem! you have to learn how to appreciate and understand this beautiful perfume (it took me like... 3 years?... lol. It was on the back of my shelf for 3 years, on that time I didn't like it)

I suggest to wear this on fall and winter, or as a night out scent, for clubbing.

One spray behind the ears, and one more on neck and chest. Don't over apply, this perfume could be very overpowering, and in my opinion, when I'm wearing Joop! I want to be noticed, but don't make the people around me, feeling sick or with a cloying headache.

I like the design of the bottle and the color of the juice, and, as I said, I have the old formulation with the red/pink fluid color, the reformulated version is more like a purple fluid...

Definetly one of my favourites for winter and for special ocassion... here in my country (Chile) it's not popular at all.

Different from every sweet male fragrance, it doesn't have comparision...

I'm in love with Joop!

Lakambini
Lakambini

I totally agree with Hija, that there’s a bit of Kenzo Jungle Elephant in this, but blanketed by a strong artificial cherry note. I can’t figure out whether I like it or not – it seems more of a concept than a perfume, and I bought my big bottle blind (and dirt cheap) just to have what everyone else was having (and half of them hating).

Aside from cherry, the cinnamon is the most prominent note on me, the cold, red tingly kind you find in jellybeans and chewing gum. I think Joop! smells of Christmas. My mom likens it to spicy cinnamon potpourri and hair pomade.

I’m too removed from the club scene to have ever smelled this on a guy, not once in the years since its release, so there are absolutely no negative associations bundled with this one. As a woman, I use it as a mood-alterer, a sinus-clearer, from time to time.

***
What got me interested in Joop!, though, were two discernible strands of masculine opinion about the fragrance. Read the male-written reviews and comments, both here and on Basenotes. They can be broken down into two threads: 1) Joop!'s power – strong enough to clear a room, be smelled two blocks away, etc. 2) the morality of Joop! use -- Don’t overspray. Don’t suffocate your neighbor. Don’t ever, ever think it could be a “panty-dropper.”

Whoops! Methinks Joop! is a metaphor for male sexuality, boundless but demanding regulation for the good of society, a phallic symbol in a brazen cherry-red bottle.

chris_aroma
chris_aroma

That 'Guest' comment below is from me, by the way. :)

Despite having a non-expert nose, I correctly guessed that there was a strong trace of both Cinnamon and Vanilla in JOOP! Homme, along with Lemon and Orange (albeit, Amalfi Lemon, Mandarin Orange, and Orange Blossom.)

It came out one year before I was born; such a bold scent/colour, and what a way for this German fragrance to announce itself to the imminent 1990s, to have a share in the aromatic space of that climactic decade. I can understand how JOOP! may not be to some people's preference, but once it's out of the bottle ... I really like it!

Hija
Hija

I smelled it for the first time just yesterday and it reminds me a lot of a slightly sweeter version of Kenzo Jungle Elephant! Absolutely worth a try if you are getting tired of citrusy, fresh colognes..

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

I don´t know how to say about this cologne, but It´s CRAZY!! What ever comments above, you should try a little bit on your wrist before you buy it! It´s just Crazy like no other Men´s fragance...huge in all senses!!!

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

I bought this while visiting Berlin when it first came out. It was SOOO trendy, and had not yet come out in the States. I could not imagine myself wearing this sweet swarthy powerhouse of a fragrance now. Wear with caution.

Lauralee77
Lauralee77

This is so compelling on a man, so warm and inviting. If I smell this on a man my interest is peaked. It's sexy as hell. My girlfriends are all agree we even have a private joke about it. Like sometimes if one of us dates a man and we don't quite understand why, my first question is was he wearing Joop? Lol

seanscented
seanscented

I never ever complaint on this scent,just one spray,maybe it too strong at the first sniff but at the dry down it turn to aromatic very seductive,sweet and powdery.Actually i didn't like powdery fragrance but Joop Homme it make me changed my mind.I love this scent and it's in the oriental fougere group my favourite.you feel warm inside when you wear this fragrance while wheather outside is cold,very pleasant scent for cold wheather.i love it.

hansito
hansito

Is this frag extremely sweet? yes!
Is it too synthetic? yes!
Sugary, cherry, syrup,it is not femenine, just extremely sweet, in my personal opinion i do NOT get any floral tones.
The sillage in my body/Ph skin last for more than 24 hours, it's insane!
Smell good though but just a FEW sprays if you over spray gets pretty annoying.

warlockss
warlockss

i have this as a result of someone else not liking it , so they gave me the entire 100ml bottle for nothing , and i dont blame them . its smell is a one scent note all the way , sugary dark cherry cough syrup . so if you ever wanted a cherry cough syrup smell in a wearable scent then this is for you. its pretty strong too much does give you a headache and gets annoying on the nose so dont over spray or you will smell like a cherry bomb.

This may be the kind of scent that you simply can't reformulate "on the cheap" and expect not to disappoint or irritate. Here's the story for me: my first bottle was one that said Homme below Joop!, which some have claimed is the newest formulation. Then I bought a bottle (included in a large lot) that had Homme above where it says Joop! Not only do I get a nice sandalwood note in the later (and not the former) but it also has a touch of an animalic/burnt rubber quality. So, instead of being super sweet and "synthetic" smelling, this apparent older formulation smells intriguing and never becomes irritating (one spray to the chest). I'm not saying that makes it a "great" scent, at least to me, but I can see the appeal. Clearly, this is a sample first scent, but if you really like ones such as Original Santal or Individuel, then I suggest you try to sample the one with Homme on top of Joop! And I see no reason why this couldn't be marketed as unisex.

UPDATE: Over time, there is a burnt sandalwood kind of quality that keeps the sweet/floral/spicy aspects from becoming cloying, sort of like what the tar note does in A*Men, and the balance is quite good.

Foysal

The best male perfume of the market

laylabedford
laylabedford

I can't stand this aftershave, everytime I smell it, it gives me headache!

Germany
Germany

Very sexy on a man. Gourmand delicious. Warm and heavenly! I got myself a small bottle because I enjoy wearing it here and there. It's a great scent!!! Love the sweetness and the vanilla patchouli base.

embryoid
embryoid

Horrible cologne, smelled 1 spray on a tester and got minor whiplash from the head jerking back, too strong and as some people say smells like bug reppelent! not a pleasent smelling fragrance at all!

Sohny
Sohny

Automatic headache. Blind buy of 30 ml... I regret it.
One of the worst perfume.

krayonkid
krayonkid

I agree with Lance. on the right person, this comes forth as a winner, in every way. On my friend, I can smell warm spicy, masculine & creaminess. On me, I get powder, floor polish and a scent reminiscent of unwashed balls.

bizhan47
bizhan47

joop homme Eau de toilette 125 ml 4.2oz
i would like to buy this ,

atikuzzamzn

The best male fragrance of the world.

LanceDior

On the right person, with correct application, this fragrance wears a devilish grin and sparkles like a gem. If worn wrong, people around you will have a new reason to despise you.

not my type,
i can't be at bakery shop all day,drinking!
it fills my satiety,not my happy scent.

twister292
twister292

This is an absolute juggernaut when it comes to sillage and projection. It opens with loud, sweet note but the drydown is a bit less sweet, and a bit more fresh, a good mix of vanilla with a slight hint of spice.

But to reiterate, this is an absolute monster for projection and strength. By far the loudest fragrance in my wardrobe, even one spray too many can overpower people in your vicinity.

bcoops
bcoops

Ok finally got a bottle of the infamous Joop ...the bottle has the 'homme' on top of the Joop instead of below...an early version I believe. Straight out the nozzle this stuff does resemble cherry cough syrup mixed with some roach spray.....after sometime it has an amazing dry down.... happy with blind buy!!!

jude1321
jude1321

A timeless classic that is so unique and sexy it must be tried. This juice is indeed a beast of fragrance that will get u noticed. Trust me on that. This juice is in my top 10. Joop is for those guys that want girls to take notice. Most women find this stuff very sexy. As killer today as it was in the mid-1990s. Along with Ungaro III, and Third Man by Caron, Joop is in my top 3 underrated scents. got to have at least 1 bottle of this stuff once in your lifetime. awesome.

hotmrw

I really love this fragrance
it reminds me of a summers day alone in a field surrounded by flowers and a gentle breeze
I just wish less people used it.....

Smell 10/10

Foysal

Best male fragrance ever.I think this is the king of all male frangrances. I dont know why all other perfume makers choose lemon fragrances as male fragrance ? Lemon should be 100% female fragrance. Joop Homme is different , real manly fragrance.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Smells like crap quality bubblegum with chewing gum inside. Yes, it sticks to your nose in a horrible way.

thomkallor
thomkallor

*YUCK* I like sweet - but this is ridiculous. Cloying and overbearing - vile and synthetic - hopelessly unmasculine. Avoid! Guys, if you want to smell sweet but still sexy/or manly - try Blue Sugar, A*Men, or Very Irresistible....any of which have more depth and less syrup.....

pjd1234
pjd1234

JOOP its a classic for a reason i got my bottle for a long time now but i havent use it i do smell it from time to time and it makes a smile on my face. I finally tested this one out for a full wearing today its heavy and does project it will give you a headache if you go crazy on the trigger two heavy sprays is enough for me. I describe the scent as a purely concentrated grade A grape juice or cranberry/raspberry mixed scent It is sweet. longevity and sillage are heavy which make it great i really love the scent nothing spectacular i think its one of those frags you must have if youre a collector it does draw compliments if you use it right. It is not a outdated scent i still find it modern knowing that it was made during the late 80s teens love it for sure and i do appreciate it.
longevity 10/10 10 plus hours
sillage 10/10 projects like a beast
uniqueness 8/10 nothing else smells like it
overall smell 7/10 for me, not a bad scent imo
price vs quality 9/10 quality for its price less than 50 for 125ml that will last you a lifetime.
versatility id say cold weather day or night.

tarekh020

I peg all the ppl who loves it : please be gentle on the trigger

Brian0523

Oh and it's not an 80's anything. It was released in late 1989, and was popular all though the 90's.

Brian0523

Jesus H - I haven't read so many over-pretentious comments about a single fragrance in all my life.

FabulouslyFragrant
FabulouslyFragrant

Anyone who knows a little about male fragrances is probably aware about Joop! Homme's and A*Men's legendary longevity and sillage. These are two key elements for me in a fragrance (longevity and sillage). Thus, I was anxious to try this one. My story of Joop! is much like my story of A*Men:

Sprayed tester strip: Didn't like it
Gave it a chance and truly tested it by spraying it on me: Didn't like it

So, to me as well, Joop! and A*Men hold a likeness, but not because of longevity and sillage (I didn't wear either longer than 4 hours - I had to shower before work so I cannot really judge on that). The likeness is due to the fact that, to me, they are both weird smelling and don't really even smell like cologne. I wore each one once, but I am not sure how to describe them. On a strip, A*Men kind of smells like coffee. Back to Joop! - It is weird but more wearable than A*Men. Maybe I will give it another try at some point. Not sure I like it much.

Edit: I have recently given Joop! another try and I must say that I now like it. To be fair, the first time I encountered this, I wore it for only 2 hours. This was almost a year ago when I didn't know as much as I do now. You must give fragrances a FULL wearing and some will even grow on you as Joop! did. It smells like cotton candy to me. Very sweet with very good longevity and sillage. I caught whiffs of this 13+ hours after application - and thats after I had my wrists in water from doing dishes (from 6 - 8 hours after application)

polkadot27

I smell cherries, cherries, cherries. I don't understand why as there are no cherry notes apparently but whenever i smell this i get that warm fuzzy cherry smell with cinnamon and deep intoxicating spices. There is also a sharp scent of leather & green occasionally. It is an aroma one and whenever there is a slight bodily movement you get a strong overwhelming scent pass you by- deeply sensual. It is very seductive and the type of scent that blends well with the natural scent of a man. Without going into too much detail i think it is the smell of sex , it is ideal for attracting women, well for attracting me anyway.

Legolas
Legolas

Gurmanic,sweeat,oriental,perfect for fall and winter,I don't use it in summer,no way..it's to strong and heavy for warm wetter,1-2 bids are enough.. woman's like it.. this is a beast on longevity and projection, it last's more than 8h,and it's big cloud off scent..it is love or hate scent,I like it..

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

I actually really like this cologne but It can be a bit too strong if you're not careful. I actually prefer the Creed Original Santal more but it doesn't project nearly as well or last as long for me. If Creed OS had half as much sillage as Joop I would never buy Joop again. I would wear this at night or during cold months.

yvankraft
yvankraft

Terribly sweet, but can turn into a very sexy scent if you apply just one very controled spritz on your wrists and then rub your wrists softly behind your ears.. A 30ml bottle lasts forever. I can really smell the orange blossom, the honey and the tobacco. And a strange raspberry note too.

Ayyappann
Ayyappann

heavy projection...last really long....perfect for night..

manzoor86

for all lavender lovers its a lavender bomb,warm and sensual,sweet and provocative.

janaina_flores
janaina_flores

A slap in my face! So ordinary. Even being a little sweet I don´t think it would be for ladies.

esteban747
esteban747

I saw Joop on a magazine ad (Burda) back in 1991, it immediately caught my attention. I was 16 at the time and I thought the color of the bottle, the design and the name was fantastic and original.
My father was traveling to Europe so I wrote down the name and told him to bring me one bottle. He did. But as much as I tried, I never like it. It was way too syrupy sweet and heavy. I used to wear it simply because I thought I was wearing something unique (no one in my family or friends knew about Joop!)I always had the feeling that I was wearing something not suited for me. Finally I stopped using it and I never looked back!

wbroun
wbroun

No thanks. Way too flowery-spicy 90s girl. Calms down to a dull, trite tone.

binoybcompany
binoybcompany

One of the sweetest male frag yes its synthetic my friends get a headache if i wear it specially in close quarters.

Wear with caution 2 spritz is more than enough to knock people down it does everything you can ever do with 40$.

I like it but don't wear it everyday, its not versatile..

Rerik
Rerik

This fragrance is a way too sweet for men.
A man should not smell like pink bubble gum.

Roge'
Roge'

Most men(not named African Americans) would agree that Joop is too sweet and cloying. Normally, you wouldn't associate a fragrance with an ethnicity. Joop is generally worn by African Americans(don't ask me why). Now on the other hand, women tend to love this stuff. I remember a woman telling me that Joop Homme was a aphrodisiac for her. Does it smell sexy? Yes, no doubt. Is it for everyone? No it's not, unfortunately. I can see why this scent would be considered offensive. This isn't a fragrance that you would want to spray before boarding an airline.

mvhooper2

nice smell. Just dont spray too much and rub it in alittle when applied . A bit sweet at first but it dries down to a spicy/ masculine smell. For romantic situations imo and not to be taken seriously.

The more i wear it and rotate it with other frags, the more i realize how cheap/gaudy/ vulgar it smells. theres just something emasculating about this one too.

alessio l
alessio l

JOOP...it's very difficult to do a good review of this one.
I bought this fragrance few years ago because a friend of mine used this and i fund the drydown very good.

But...to be honest the first spray it's disgusting very very strong, ordinary and feminine (my ex girlfriend hated this one).

Sometimes i spray this on my bed in the morning and the night it smell pretty good.

In the end very good drydown but a bit fominine so it's not my style.

Open smell 1/10
Projection 10/10
Overall 7/10

tarekh020

Not bad and you may love if used carefully ,please be gentle on the trigger , one spray is more than enough ,A bath is a must before applying

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

How to use this scent:
1. Apply LIGHTLY to pulse points ONLY ONCE PER DAY.
2. OR do the "walk through the mist" trick.
3. BATHE before you apply, please.

Now that we have cleared THAT up....I used this scent once for five days in a row, just by going to the store and trying it on each day, because I had heard this is a fragrance that you can either grow to love or hate over time.
Well, I love it, although so far all the men I know who wear it overapply and make it stink lol.
It's one of the sweetest fragrances I have ever smelled (sweeter than the female version!), and does get one noticed. I have not bought it yet because I don't have that many places I can wear something so darn powerful.The cinnamon note is delicious.

Slain
Slain

Waaaaay too over done.

This fragrance has been used and abused since it came out. For years it has been 'that' smell, among others.

I now find the scent overused and boring, and usually way too overpowering.

Please put this one to bed...

RIP Joop

arzacu

It's a sweet fragrance, I like sweet fragrances, but with this, in particular, I have a very strange relationship... Some days I just want to feel balmy, sweet, misterious and a little old fashioned like this...

I wear it as a night time scent, perfect for clubbing, for winter, is one of my top scents...

And now I recently discovered, the drydown, on my skin at least, has a very powdery smell, like makeup, or something a little plastic, like Iris with Patchouli and Vanilla... makes this perfume to feel, as a very unisex, and old fashioned fragrance, like the cloying synthetic frags from de 20's or 30's...

A must have, if you like strange unique fragrances...

♥♥

darksome
darksome

Whoa, this was even for me too sweet. It's bubblegummy, very balmy but has a annoying note that remind me on licorice (like La Petite Robe Noire by Gurelain, mixed with Loulou by Cacharel). And I really don't like that.

This seems like a mistake. Pink bottle with bubblegum scent. Is this the signature scent for Blossom, from the Powerpuff Girls?

adyl
adyl

Youpe sorry buddy, i wasted my money on you. Its not a bad cologne but somehow it does not go well with me, does not satisfy my needs in a perfume. Not only this but i want to remove it from my collection so i wearing it a lot tgese days, lol even wearing it while going to sleep. I cannot bring disgrace to perfumes like bleu, one million, pony 4, issey miyake, armani mania etci have in my collection, you gota go joop. that

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A villainous smell, way too sweet and cloying. Smells like a nasty hard candy, or the "cherry" flavor of Nyquil.

I sniffed it on a test strip - it's never going to make to any part of my skin. Never. If you see it on a counter, walk away and leave it be.

UPDATE: A friend of mine who was in a horrible apartment in Germany was once given a number of bottles of this stuff. He discovered that it kills maggots on contact. My opinion is that it nearly has the same effect on humans.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Another friend of mine is in the printing industry, and the nastiest solvent he has ever come into contact with is called "Deglazinator." A squirt of it can strip the paint off a car where it touches, pronto. He showed me a bottle of it, once. IT LOOKS JUST LIKE JOOP!

deeply11
deeply11

This smell is very bad, not for me.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Hey guys, spritz and walk through with this one. Thanks!

kafleenthedonkey
kafleenthedonkey

I love, love, LOVE this stuff. This and Pi are my two favorite mens' fragrances.

I tried it while shopping for a scent for my husband, this is bad, one of the nastiest stuff I have smelled in a long time. No notes come to mind, just a synthetic mess, it doesn't even smell like a man' s perfume to my nose.
Yuckkkk.
Poor job by Michel Almairac.

jestech
jestech

Pungent, vile and disgusting. I couldn't wash this stuff off fast enough. It is obscenely potent. If you want to repel all of human kind, put on about 10 sprays of this stuff on a hot and humid summer afternoon. With this scent, you either love it or hate it, and I for me it is the latter.
Ironically, my wife liked it. Go figure.

Lucbyrnes
Lucbyrnes

Ive been wearing this one on and off for about 15 year. I love it in moderation. Any more than 3 sprays, and you're liable to kill someone.

Asty
Asty

My husbands over use of this has ruined it for me. Once it had me running to bed with him, now I just want to run outside for fresh air. Yet he still thinks its a 'knicker dropping' scent :( I watched him put it on once...6 squirts of the stuff, and he wonders why nobody visits

John_John
John_John

This is the strongest male perfume I even encountered. Too bad it smells a bit cheap. But if you like it , go for it. It will last you forever. You just need one spray and you will smell for at least 12 hours.

Msanders7
Msanders7

One of the first fragrances I ever wore. Bought it on complete impulse, was completely amazed from first spray. Easily one of my favorite scents of all time. When I wear this I think about old memories, I used to wear this everyday. To this day, if I wear this around my ex she is ready to jump on me.

MrMookie
MrMookie

What can i say more then all great reviews on this classic happy and vibrant cherry bomb!
I own MontBlancs individuel and yes individuel a more toned down version right out of the bottle like its skipping the top and steps in the mid/base section with less sillage.

When it came out it was far beyonds his time dealing with all the stereo typical powerhouses as Kouros,Lapidus and others.
Joop Homme still makes me joyfull smelling it on others or in myself.
One problem : its a tacky and skinwise difficult scent ad in other words 2 types of men make this masterpiece a living smell-hell.

1: Bad skin chemistry turns this scent on oily skins bad (sour)
2: Overapply-ing this fella.

The combo of 1&2 is hell.

But used in moderate conditions this one is a whole season threat.

phidan
phidan

Pleasant and fruity, but far too thick - a little goes an incredibly long way, and you'll be inhaling it for hours on end with no respite.

voodoodanny
voodoodanny

Six people decided Joop! Pour Homme had soft sillage. Seriously, see a doctor. Other than that, what can be said about J!PH that hasn't already been said? It's an icon: Instantly recognisable; warm, sweet, powerful and daring. I have about a quarter of a bottle of the A/S splash left but I just can't wear it any more because, as much as I used to love it, it has been done to death.

Interesting fact: Joop should properly be pronounced 'yope'.

Virgoan-hunk
Virgoan-hunk

Sweet, balmy, cherry pipe tobacco and musky vanilla that projects and last.
Its not a classic for nothing.
It is JOOP respect it.

Every few months I make the same mistake. While on a trip to either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, I stop by TJMaxx and take a gander at the perfume aisle. This has become quite dangerous in 2013, as my New Year's Resolution is not to purchase any new bottles until I've reviewed everything in my home. Yet again, upon my arrival, I espied a 100 ml bottle of Penhaligon's VIOLETTA beckoning me to buy. It was there two weeks ago, and I almost succumbed to the temptation then. Today it was easier to walk on by, as it is clear that TJMaxx customers are not big fans of Penhaligon's. So now I know that it's going to be sitting there quite a while longer, and at some point be marked down to an even more absurdly low price. But none of this was the mistake to which I referred above.

No, the mistake I make every so often is recklessly to test one of the fragrances on its way out of the store in a price-slashed gift set previously opened by some other curious customer. Every time I do this, I end up with spritzer's remorse. Today's selection: Joop! JOOP! HOMME.

My sense is that this was a good perfume once upon a time but that now it is a mere muzak-chemical shadow of itself. It's rather sweet and could be interpreted as a coffee-esque scent, I suppose. But it now has a Coty chemical smell to it which causes me to wonder whether I might be poisoning myself by wearing it. As I walked around the store for a few minutes, I began to regret that I had ruined my scent of the day experience, Creed VANISIA, by spraying JOOP! HOMME on the backs of my hands. The scent became stronger and stronger and quickly overwhelmed the VANISIA on my wrists and décolleté. After several minutes, I could not take it anymore and headed for the ladies' room, where I attempted to scrub the stuff off.

I say "attempted" because a generous, thorough sudsing followed by a long rinse did not remove JOOP! HOMME from my hands. As I made my way to Whole Foods the scent began to reassert itself, eventually enveloping my body again. Remember the "cone of silence" from Maxwell Smart? Well, I was moving around in a "cone of JOOP! HOMME".

Once in the snacking section of Whole Foods, which is the cheese department, since they always have bowls of cubed cheese lying about for people like me who go to the grocery store while hungry, I noticed that JOOP! HOMME had really zapped my appetite. I headed to the restroom again and scrubbed my hands once more. Upon emerging, I realized that the scent was still there. I went to the beauty section and applied a strongly almond scented cream to my hands, rubbing it in and relieved that it seemed to be covering the scent.

Alas, as soon as the cream had soaked in, JOOP! HOMME began another resurgence. I am all for good longevity, but nuclear longevity is way too scary for me, and now I must end this not very descriptive review to go soak in a hot tub. What does it smell like? you may still be wondering. Well, like none of the listed notes plus a bunch of sweet chemicals. In a word: yuck.

SkullPutraLand
SkullPutraLand

30 hours on my skin with 1 spray !! fantastic , what a longevity and what a sillage. Amazing 10/10

I tried it yesterday and i thought it smelled terrible!!!!
Very synthetic smelling, I couldnt identify any notes at all But the women Joop never impressed me either!!
It definitely makes a weird and strong statement!!!

jdub
jdub

If there was SEX in a bottle...this would be it, can't stop smelling it. Caution: Be gentle on the trigger tho, no more than 3 sprays.

beaconaust
beaconaust

Too sweet, too common and often too oppressive. Men who wear it tend to put too much on and not realise that t goes off as the day passes. The best this scent is going to smell is in the first five minutes after it is applied. After that, it is all downhill!

Joop has done so much better since this one came out. Night flight and Jump are excellent examples of how Joop has learned from its mistakes.

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

2 days ago, made a serious mistake: wear this scent. It ruined my next two days, intoxicating the air and everything near me with its cheap sweetness. Incredibly ordinary dry down. The opening is interesting, but I can't stand this no longer. Gonna throw the bottle six feet under. No offenses...lol!

smurf6387
smurf6387

Best cologne I've ever tried, and it will cover up the smell of anything. I really love the fact that it last so long even your dirty laundry still smells good days later

bilal.azam
bilal.azam

you will like it this if you have grown out of your le male it for a older person dont where it is if you are under 16 please stay away from it

joliecat
joliecat

This review is for the lastest version of Joop! Homme EDT. While shopping, I smelled the most wonderful sweet spicy fragrance on an older man. I had to follow him to ask him what he was wearing and he told me Joop! Homme. He said his wife bought it for him years ago, he'd had it for years, and it was the original version.
I bought the newer Joop! Homme. The newer EDT is too sharply cherry fruity for me, even during the drydown. I do love the spices, though. I find that I'm addicted to them. Instead of discarding Joop! Homme, I decided to play with it. So I combined it with Estee Lauder Cinnabar which calmed the cherries down, smoothed everything out, amped up the cinnamon and made Joop! Homme more wearable for me. OR : Also works very well if I spray Joop! Homme first, then layer with either a spray of Benneton Hot or Giorgio Red on top.
Joop! Homme is super long lasting, spicy, and very "maraschino cherry" sweet. When layered with other fragrances it blends, amplifies spices and makes them last longer.

suesue
suesue

OMG, i think this is sooo disgusting. My boyfriend got it for christmas, and we both hate it. On him it smells like cherry-menthol-sweets... Yuck.

Schmee1989
Schmee1989

The secret to Joop!, like many other have stated is knowing how to apply it. If you go trigger happy on this one you may just clear out the neighborhood. What has worked great for me, is spraying a few shots (no more than 3) on me from a distance, or spraying it a few times and walking into its mist. In doing this, it gives off a nice sweet scent that is not anywhere close to being too strong. All this being said, if you aren't into sweet smelling fragrances, this may not be for you.

crazykoffee
crazykoffee

Does anyone remember the soda pop drink "Tahiti Treat?" Not only did this pink soda look like Joop Homme, but it smelled a lot like it! Tahiti Treat is now long gone, but JH is my all time favourite fragrance. Since I was introduced to it in 1996, it has been my perennial "go-to" signature fragrance. This cologne has been my most complimented fragrance and total strangers have cozied up to me in planes, trains and other public places just to get a whiff of it. No lie. Guys! If you want to stand out and get noticed by the female persuasion, make sure you include this in your arsenal of lady-killers. This exotic juice has that same sugary cream soda-like smell with vanilla, citrus and allspice. Its very complex, aromatic and unique. There's nothing quite like it and it projects far, far away with an insanely long duration of effect. I get so many compliments from women whenever I wear it. Once, I came out of a dance club one summer in downtown Toronto. A female taxi driver who was waiting at the taxi stand near the club entrance got out of her car and yelled to no one in particular: "Who's wearing Joop? If you're a guy, you get a free ride home!" I was too embarrassed and shy to take her up on the offer. In any case, this stuff will reek if you overdo applying it. I spray my fingertips and then dab various parts of my body. I never spray it directly on clothing. Once I caught my mother wearing it! 90s, dated or not, you must have this in your collection!

Xanovia
Xanovia

Ah... Here it is... The same sweet smelling candy berry and burnt plastic smell that I remember from High School... There were guys @ my school that must have BATHED in this foul stench... Brings back memories of trying to be able to breath in class when you were near these people... Those are not good memories... The stuff smelled like Garbage in the early 90s and like Garbage today when I sniffed it out again @ Ulta... Look I understand... Everyone's nose is differant... Some people like the smell of their own flatus... However... Yeah... I don't want to smell it... So yeah... I'll pass... Again... ^_^

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

Another view on this fragrant and delight to those last. Today I get it, the Vintage edition, as well as those from the past, huge perfume perhaps the biggest (at least in the top five).I've been waiting for him almost(Vintage edition), 21 years of my own Designer beginnings in the world, I somehow avoided it long, even too much, but here, once again proved that in life there is always hope, and it's never too late! Would describe it now as it is finally my perfume future with the shadows of the past (do not forget to talk about 1989). Told but still cute and has a slight retro touch, in my opinion the only perfume that alongside wrestle with Niche class, in my humble opinion, it is even more 'Niche's than A * Men, that is as fragrant fantasy! Also, a big power projection, almost abstract, just like a cologne, perfume ever really true green, so beautiful and pensive, restores hope for a better tomorrow, as long as it was impossible I thanked her Wolfgang, in the immortal creation of the perfume and it's visionary! Finally, why do I write all this again, I would here publicly, to inform you my dear, my colleagues from this website , to my odyssey into the world of Designer perfume, this ends! Long was I said for almost 2 decades, there have been ups and downs, but the weather cleared and the poor remain only the good remains that wonderful feeling when you buy a new perfume, and you are overcome with the positive adrenal, when you think your whole world, and this is a wonderful moment and, then less good things, the type that you buy perfume or shoes, whatever perfume I will, and there are those ugly things, when in some disappointment, when you buy your perfume, then, type of disaster earth open, but I repeat, all the time, deleted, and a man remembers only good things so beautiful that sometimes you do not know whether they were beautiful dreams or reality! Feel very fulfilled and happy perfume maniac, and man ought to know when is the right time to retire, it was nice while it lasted, but everything comes to an end, including my wonderful this.Goodbye Designer perfumes, thank you for all the joy you have given me, that you never I will not forget, I know we'll meet again at the crossroads of life, when there is no more fear, and when the time is just an illusion!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I've stayed away from reviewing this because in truth i've slated it in latter years. Wore it to death when i was a teenager in College and so did every other 16/17 year old. Now im 32 I was given a bottle of it and i've found a new liking for it. You have to admire the lasting power and sillage. I still don't really see it as a fragrance for anyone over 23, unless it's someone trying to smell younger lol. I love the patchouli in there, but there is something floral which makes it very feminine. However guilty pleasure, have fallen in love again, just won't wear it where people will know what it is :-)
Don't spray too much or you will have people coughing.
4.5/5
In Summary An excellent, sweet, pretty fragrance for teenagers, and im not a guy that wears Brut by the way!

atikuzzamzn

JH has no match with any other perfume of the market.This is the king of other perfume.Such a masculine fragrance you cannot ever immazine.Every man should have one bottle in his lifetime. I request just smell the scent and you will find the truth.I wish if I could have 1 kilogram of JH at a time.

shabzblack
shabzblack

addictive strong smell, easily can become a signature scent, a scent that is really strong and will have its presence through out your day.

the smell does not really change, there is not much deph. but still a great fragrance.

BUY this fragrance you will most likely not be disappointed.

herreroph
herreroph

Very, very strong and sweet

scottconnor92
scottconnor92

Lovely smell and lasts very long. It's perfect that's all I can say

SteveSmellsGood

Initially loved this fragrance, but have grown to hate it. Far too sweet, sickly and feminine. Ladies might love it, but I can't stomach wearing it anymore. If you want a masculine, subtle scent this isn't the badger for you.

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

Good old classic Joop, cant go wrong with this aftershave.

Chacka
Chacka

its all about what the ladies think, gentlemen.

This cologne right here, is legit.

ForceRagePower
ForceRagePower

I honestly don't think its feminine. very strong candy sweet smell. not bad

mikeyyyfans
mikeyyyfans

your lookin for a frag to be smelled... that gives you a nice cloud... what ladies seem to like...:

one million
le male
JOOP HOMME

your set

guillermostf

it's kind of feminin parfume BUT the point is that a men wearing it smells very sexy and manly just bacause accept his feminin part, and you got to be so brave to accept it and wear it. Cherry, yes, but woody too. I recieved a rare compliment once i used it: Son of a bitch! (In my country it's a nice compliment equal to say: wow! what a parfum!)

3gecos

@ sid2895.I think 1 million it is a better choice for teenagers!

atikuzzamzn

1 million has no match with JOOP Homme. Search the market & you will find the truth.1 million has a common chewing gum fragrance. But Joop ? Real manly , real dashing , heroic , damn handsome, real 1 in a million fragrance.The age of chewing chewing gum is bellow 13 years .These teenages boys may like 1 million frangrance . But above 13 years I can challenge they will not like chewing gum fragrance. All they want is something manly,something heroic,something dashing, something like the J....O....O....P Homme.

sid2895
sid2895

Joop!(!!!!!) Homme vs 1 Million
According to you guys which one would smell better on a teenager?

Thanks
Cheers :)

3gecos

@ junior halston,i didn't know that,and i've said that"the scent itself i don't know...if it's touched or not".The firsts 98-99 year bottles does seemed even for me(an enthusiast amateur perfume lover) a little more aromatic or sharp as you said,but i thought it was just me because right then i was at the beginnings of the Joop odyssey!I even saw couple of commentary on the internet saying that there are different formulation between bottles The ones with 'homme' written above joop are better!?

junior halston

If you haven't checked recently it has been tweaked since Coty Prestige took over the brand. It long lasting but not as sharp as it once was.

3gecos

My opinion!The last untouched powerhouse perfume in terms of longevity and projection!The scent itself i don't know,you really need a bottle from the 90's to do a comparison...i think.Le male,cool water,l'eau d issey,acqua di gio and other heavy hitter are reformulated,diluted i think it's better said,to accommodate better with our times,wth???Why change the recipe for success?As long as JOOP HOMME remain like this they will have my money!And yes 2(3 spray tops in cold winters)from this meraviglie are enough!I'm really curious how long A'men and 1 million will resist on this pedestal also before 'reform...dilution'!By the way if i miss hitting the like button for any positive joop commentary i apologise :)

Foysal

Thanks JOOP for giving the world such a wonderful manly fragrance by producing "JOOP Homme".I think this is the best perfume in the universe.Honestly this is the best perfume in the best price . Again thanks to JOOP.

aucffan1
aucffan1

I am not a expert or even a seasoned reviewer but I really need to say that this is great scent.. I am starting to think it is a better deal than original santal.. I mean for over all value..

I loves me some Creed's but Joop is much stronger than Santal and last a lot longer..

Good day.

JoshuaDanielWroblewski
JoshuaDanielWroblewski

Everybody bashes this fragrance beyond recognition... This is an absolute `1 in a million` masterpiece people, unlike anything else!!! Yes, yes... We all know the opening notes are disgustingly sweet, I enjoy it though, but the key here, and the trick, is to apply 1, maybe 2 sprays to your pulse points on your neck, and no more! Then, just then after a few hours, ooh sheer beauty develops!! That cinnamon, vanilla, and heloitrope are absolutely amazing together... It's soo sexy, soo unique, and you smell like nothing else, for daaays... Such a one of a kind smell that will never be matched... Kudos Joop! ;)

gd15329

ONE FRAGRANCE TO BEAT THEM ALL. This is the beast of Michel Almairac. A sweet beast actually... overpowers every other fragrance around you. If you ever be in a competition among men with scents you will beat them all, you will win... and you will get also the rematch without even spraying again. That's how strong this thing is.

Not the very best fragrance out there... (a bit synthetic? Yes.) But considering it's age... it's a very very good smell very strong player... and surely the strongest silage and longevity there is.

My Total Score: 9/10

jake.shouse

But for haters don't hate a classic yes it is well known and every modern gay guy has wore this i could not see this on a straight guy too feminine it would not smell good on a straight guy but if you like cinnamon and alittle floral and a hint of vanilla you will love this it is very strong i like strong perfumes but be aware that you can't hate on one of the best mens cologne too grace the runway but in a way after 7 yrs i still like the smell but i moved on still love it but i needed a change plus too many ppl wear this now and i don't want too smell like other ppl that is a turn off!

jake.shouse

Wore it for like forever i do still have a huge bottle that i have had for yrs and still like it but i ended up after like 7 yrs wearing it i stuck it away and no longer wear it but it does smell amazing and a classic but for me i am tired if it!

ZELJO

of course this is a classic, good 90s vibrations there, and even if its so strong I dont think its bad for a Summernight if you want to be noticed, even if this was created like 20 years ago, for me this is a youths smell,but also its a little too plastic and first seconds after spraying this its so strong than smell is almost unbearable, but after a while this is the right one if you want a scent with a totally not natural style, totally urban and lasting al,or most of, day long

zellpang
zellpang

I first smelled this from the blotter without knowing that it was a masculine perfume and my first impression is that it is a very sweet and juicy citrus..somewhat like a cough syrup. Then, it became spicy and warm and rather sensual. I thought to myself it is probably too warm and spicy for a woman.. then I found out that it was a male fragrance...

Despite that this fragrance is over 20 years old, I still think that it is modern and is definitely a signature fragrance. I would imagine that it would suit a man who is an extrovert, confident and wouldn't mind to be the centre of the attention.

The longlastingness is also amazing.. I could still smell the sweet spicy note even after 3 days on the blotter...

originaldeftom

Nothing but LOVE for this pink juice! As an analogy this is what Coca-Cola is in the beverage world: equally loved and hated, yet still so very relevant and essential after all these years.

People need to understand and respect that a very good fragrance does not have to be an expensive niche market product to be very good!

Yes, I love vintage wines and champagne, but I can also appreciate Diet Coke, and actually I find Diet Coke more essential than an expensive wine.

Ditto goes for perfumes: yes I love Amouage and all the other wonderful (and expensive) creations, but this inexpensive scent-bomb still is so very special to me, like that "guilty-pleasure Stock-Aitken-Waterman Remix" of 1989.

Yes it is synthetic and chemical and probably not expensive to make, ....BUT the result is just PHENOMENAL!

10 out of 10. MY SIGNATURE SCENT. I love you JOOP!

universalvin
universalvin

one of the worst fragrances ever. way too sweet and very unnatural, chemical smell. long lasting headache guaranteed!

atikuzzamzn

I think this is the KING of all fragrances of the market. I advise every male person to collect 1 bottle and you will find the real truth. JOOP Homme is the real big boss, real king, real manly fragrance.

limited Edition
limited Edition

I love this fragrance..and so does my poodle..i spray him and myself before we go out for a walk to the park..we can always find each other very easily when seperated

Little_L
Little_L

I have been trying this one out for a while. It caught my attention at a drug store and I mindlessly sprayed it on my hand. Then i got in the car and drove home for 2 hours. Being stuck in the car with it, the experience was suffocating, sweet, but i wished for a cigarette so badly...
When I got home, everyone could smell the dry-down. I don't know why, but everyone said it smelt manly, but seductive. I couldn't have agreed more.

The profile for this fragrance: picture a single man in Miami, at night, in his 40s, playboy, clubber, well-groomed, silk shirt, Boss suit, ladies-man;), independent and a dreamer, isn't afraid of the unknown, but gets bored easily.

This fragrance is THE 90s VERSION OF JERSEY SHORE. BUT WITH OBVIOUSLY MORE CLASS AND AN IQ OVER 60!!! Think of films, such as Striptease (Demi Moore...), Basic Instinct 1...

For the tehnical part: stays pretty much linear, wears for hours and hours, embarassing bottle.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

A very sweet, musky fragrance. I was so excited when I first received this. I enjoy spraying myself multiple times like what I always do with other fragrances. Two sprays on the skin (all over the body), a single spray on each wrist, and another two sprays on my hair. I felt like not only I was going to kill myself with the super strong smell, but I would kill many others too...
Now, whenever I feel like I want to smell something 'sexily pink' I would have only a single spray of this!

dhfallon
dhfallon

Yuck, yuck, yuck. Too sweet for my taste, especially on a man. I put up with this for years on my boyfriend.

yunvme

Wow, I read the reviews and can't believe that so many hate this.
You need a very light hand when applying it.
Maybe it is different body chemistry.
My teenage son tried this and he smells so good all the time.
I prefer this to an in your face cologne like Burberry Brit. Now that one stinks.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Joop is rock and roll..rebellion..fun...the antagonist to convention or politeness. Sweet, spicy, revolutionary for it's time. We still see copy cats like One Million and 212 VIP to this day and they sell like crazy.
Spray lightly before a night out.

Tattooed Wolf
Tattooed Wolf

A cherry scented urinal cake with a touch of spice to it. Very synthetic. Only a young teenager would wear this stuff and pull it off. Not the worst I've ever smelled,but certainly not all that good either. Very industrial deoderizer scent. Not for me at all. (woof)

13barman
13barman

top class fragrance ....
top note is the elegant & heavy musky warm spicy smell.... then as time passes the smell becomes lighter & base note & last note is so soothing & beautiful...
sillage is very good & the longevity also keeps up for around 8-10 hours.
i loved it

mersilover84
mersilover84

an essential fragrance to try, MAYYYBE even buy a small bottle for reference purposes. but this stuff is just too much. i guess you can wear it to a club??? but there are so many other things you can wear if you're trying to attract attention.

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

let me start by saying i had such high hopes for this but...holy freaking disgusting...it smells to me like urinal cakes...can not get over that...pass

neri
neri

Esse perfume é ideal para ir naquela festa PIMPS AND HOES PARTY, tanto como, "pimp", tanto como, "hoe".
Muito floral, muito atalcado, muito vulgar... É o clichê das baladas! Sem falar que é bem anos 80.
Quer cheiro de balada? então aposta mo Paco Rabanne Black Xs.

Smyle12
Smyle12

MisterCrazyLegs, although I cannot stand this fragrance, your review of it is definitely the coolest one I have ever read! Touché! I hope you got to hear plenty of Deep Dish while you were at it!!! :D

kida2010
kida2010

Dont need to say anything, loved it since 1996.

Amazing.

zelmu
zelmu

Tried it in Douglas today. Didnt like it; the opening was ATOMIC, RADIOACTIVE AND POISONOUS. My nostrils got burned and there's propably a hole in my brain right now. It smelled so strong that it could kill the AIDS-virus. However, I didnt washt it off from my wrist because everyone here tells to ignore the deadly top notes.

5 hours later.

I smelt something soooo good and started searching the source. This is when it hit me; Joop! Homme. Wow, just wow. What I smelt was just... indescribable. Sandalwood, tonka beans and a hint of cinnamon. Sweet and velvety, soft like a babys butt, inoffensive and warm, cozy and uplifting, sexy and cuddly. Smells like a princess room of a 5 years old. I now understand the popularity of this spectacular and unique fragrance.

The drydown reminds me of LL Au Masculin which is also a favourite of mine. Joop! however is slightly sweeter.

8/10 (the opening is unforgivable and traumatic)

haronushka
haronushka

amazing sexy. 5/5

durbha75

Adding to my earlier lukewarm review after having used this perfume for nearly six months now....... This one is a masterpiece. Without a doubt the longest-lasting perfume for men! I have used many fragrances, ranging from Davidoff Cool Water, Burberry Men, Azzaro Pour Homme, Paco Rabanne XS, CK Contradiction etc. But nothing comes close to this one for longevity and projection. I wear this to office everyday, and I can still smell it on myself after more than 12 hours at work. The dry down is a powdery cinnamon and vanilla that is extremely pleasing. A must-buy for all fans of long-lasting fragrances.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

My totally favourite frag to use it is so deep and not a common frag thats why i like it so much.Longetivity is just awsome an totally worths every penny
Overall smell 9.5/10

CoreyMac
CoreyMac

For me the first time I smelled this it was overpowering. The scent right after spraying is very strong and almost burned my nose. I didn't care for it at all. After some time I sprayed some on myself at a store just to give it a try and I liked it a lot. The longevity is great.

sameh
sameh

I'ts love or hate edt , i loved it cause of the grate longvity !

diego.cubillo
diego.cubillo

I didn't dislike it, but in my humble opinion it smells like a kind of obnoxious brother to Individuel

LanceDior

Yuck. I used two sprays from a tester in the shop and nearly killed the people in the car on the way home. This stuff is too strong, portrays no essence of masculinity, is not a pleasant smell (1000% synthetic!) and is worn by every surfer douchebag I know. It is quite hideous even being in a room with someone who wears Joop! Homme. Do yourself a favour and get YSL's Body Kouros. Smells like this only subtler and more luxurious.

rabbipinaud
rabbipinaud

The best wat that I can describe this frag is that it is a "happy" scent. It is friendly, and inoffensive. It says "I'm not dangerous be happy". At first the smell is actually comforting to thr wearer of it. What you will smell is a very powdery, sweet, candy-like, floral scent with a sweet cinnamon with a slight bit of patchuli aroma in the background. Not a very typically masculine scent it is also colered a vibrant and pulsating pink, perhaps why in marketing Joop! they emphasize that it is a "masculine" scent. Joop! would be a great scent to wear when you are attempting to put out a friendly, hi, I'm not very threatening vibe. This is not a scent that exibits powerful persona, uniqueness or indivuduality. I once used it awhile back but very soon became bored with it's aroma and the vibe it sent out. Perhaps it is a quite nice olfactory anti-depresent.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

I got this it's a sweet Cologne at first I thought it smell like cough medicine I didn't get that cinnamon note now as my nose getting use to this it's pretty nice Cologne I feel you can wear this whatever you want :-) for me gets great in the summer just got to know how to wear some people might say it's overpowering I don't think it's but if you put a lot on It can be now this stuff come in different bottles I got the one saying homme under joop. It's not a hot mess this Cologne is worth a try now if you don't like sweet Cologne it's a chance you ain't going like this. This Cologne is unique really different smell so take a chance try this out first before buying

gianmarco
gianmarco

this is sweet spicy, a good scent, lasts forever

Slayerized
Slayerized

First of all make sure you have the correct bottle of this juice with 'Homme' written above Joop! on the bottle and package! There are two with this and both are good! The current sold version has 'Homme' written under Joop and is pretty ruined into a sweet mess.

This juice opens very sweet and loud but for its magic you have to wait till the drydown!
Only then Joop! Homme shows its glory and refinement. The candy sweetness has then been mixed with delicious cinnamon and vanilla notes and is very enjoyable for a very long time!
People who say this is way too sweet all the way most probably apply this frag completely wrong or just have the wrong reformulated version! When u spray this like a cheap cologne on your neck with many sprays you smell like a sweet sugar bomb all day and won't receive a single compliment besides the fact it will smell incredible cloying!
The right application is, imo, 1 spray to the chest and a spray to each wrist and rub it a little behind each ear. That's it, no more! then the frag will soon open up and show you all it has to offer. Good for casual use or clubbing during late fall and winter. Sillage is above average and longevity 12+ hrs. Rated: 7/10

dani_i89

Smells like your grandmothers old cheap candy on the table. This scent has no class, no sophistication and is just suffocating. I love sweet fragrances, but this smells dated and cheap. Not worth the $20 for the 100ml. Anyone who wears this gives me the impression that they have no idea how to appreciate a well done frag. Still have half a bottle from when it was given to me, have to get rid of it. If you want a sweet fragrance that projects and lasts, get yourself either 1 million of A men

durbha75

Bought this one purely based on the reviews.... and the reviews are all correct. Joop Homme is extremely sweet, powerful and long-lasting. Application of more than 2-3 sprays will immediately block your nose. The opening is candy-sweet, with a hint of spice, but it somehow smells very cough-syrupy for the first 10 odd minutes. But once past the top notes, it becomes a spicy-sweet scent which is quite pleasant.

However, it is the dry-down which is the best part of this perfume. A strong powdery, cinnamon smell radiates from me for a good 8 hours after application, and really smells quite nice. My wife says that this is the way all men should smell!

A great buy, if you are into sweet-smelling fragrances.

Mosschops
Mosschops

Being in my 30's I shouldn't own or wear this one. It's powerful and provactive, but definitely one for younger men. I started wearing this when I was 16, and it was my signature scent into my 20's. Naturally, it has a lot of associated memories of heady, late nights, partying, zest, and sensual pleasure. As an older gent I've moved towards Joop Wolfgang. But, Joop Homme remains a smooth fragrance that is extremely well constructed.

aqua76239
aqua76239

This scent is definitely a 80s powerhouse. Personally, I think that female and male versions of this are very similar and I actually prefer male version because it’s not quite as sweet. It opens up with zesty citrus notes but orange blossom gives it a more smoothness and richness than regular citrus men’s cologne. It takes literally minutes for this scent to cycle through to the base notes and start smelling like a mix of sandalwood and patchouli, with a touch of cinnamon. Yes, there are vanilla and tonka bean but these are mostly MIA(at least to my nose anyway). The dry down reminds me a little of Le Male by Jean Paul Galtier but Le Male is more modern. I have heard numerous people say that Joop is a cloying scent and it has the potential to be. It is rather sweet (either male or female version) and if you really dislike sweet, sandalwood and vanilla scents, I wouldn’t recommend this. If you like Le Male or 1 Million by Paco Rabanne(another scent that falls in the same category) I would encourage you to try Joop, especially because it can be found rather cheaply.
UPDATE: Just wanted to add that lasting power on this scent is INSANE. In the morning I sprayed ONE small spray on my wrist and patted them together. When I came home, at 6pm, I could still smell it on my wrist. Granted, at that point, I could only smell it if I sniffed my wrist but none the less it was there. I can safely say that this is the longest lasting scent I have encountered

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

I got a killer deal on a 4.2 oz bottle two weeks ago at TJ Maxx. It was $20. I bought it for my hubby hoping he'd like it. I know it's mainstream, but I've always loved the sweet smell of it.

The opening and middle were good and spicy on him, with that sweetness I'm fond of. I can definitely see why it has a cult following, and I can definitely see how it would make women swoon.

Overall, he didn't care for it. He said it was toothache sweet.

evilspin

Let me explain why this is considered "Sex in a botle". Joop contains vanilla, a calming sweet aphrodisiac like chocolate that satisfies cuddling. Containing Tonka beans as well, one of the main notes that lends fragrances a sweet smell and blend all other notes nicely while keeping you wanting to sniff more. And it also contains Cinnamon. The main note here is cinnamon. It is the scent we all consider when we think of Christmas and winter and nights by a fireplace. A sexy scent that recalls warmth on cold nights. Statistically they say more people have sex during the winter more than any other season. With all these notes combined & then some, its no wonder this can be considered sex in a bottle.
Not my fav fragrance, its not bad but its just one of those scents that I dont care for as I used to when I was a teen. I dont like people smelling me & telling me "oh thats Joop!" or saying my ex use to wear that. I like higher end fragrance. I do wish this fragrance was reformulated and given a nicer higher end bottle look. Another fragrance identical to this but smoother and darker is Homme Night by Zara.

RAG1987
RAG1987

People are quick to bitch about this fragrance. I personally like Joop because I simply love the fragrance, not because other people wear it.I wear my frags for me and not everyone else. People are quick to say that "it's so common it reminds them of ex boyfriends etc" and that's a bad thing!! That's as may be but at the end of the day all that matters is that you like it and you wear it. I stuggle to understand how people can dislike a fragrance because an ex or some other negative person wore it. I like the smell of shake n vac, it made me take a sneezing fit once but I still like the smell and I still use it on my carpet.

I don't think peopl have the right to ban people from wearing a particular scent. If it's one thing that Joop! is not and that's generic. Hence why so many guys wear it. The youngsters try to claim it as "their" scent but this was out in 89 long before most were even born. I wear this ocassionally (it "used" to be my signature before I opted for something different) Now when I wear it I get more of the spice and somewhat mature smell from it compared to when I used to wear it every day and it was mainly sweet. I get a sort of dated kick and I don't mean that in a bad way because I quite like it. Wether or not my nose is training well to notice the different notes and appreciate them I don't know but one thing is for sure Joop! is a nostalgic favorite of mine and will always have a place in my wardrobe, wether it be just to wear ocassionally or for the sake of saying I have a bottle!

JodieW1992
JodieW1992

Banned everyone I've dated/associated with from wearing it. It's feminine, sickly, common & massively over-rated.
If I was to walk down the high street I'd smell at least 4 people wearing this.. It's most definitely time people found their own fragrance rather than following the herd.

dani_i89

Cheap candy scent. This smells like an imitation of a bad fragrance.

KeithScar
KeithScar

JOOP is a sexy warm fragrance that is aimed toward pleasing the ladies at all costs. The cinnamon and the vanilla hits you instantly when you spray this cologne. Dont need much on to get a reaction. This is like liquid sex in a 2.5 oz bottle. Joop has a sweet candy like feel to it. Perfect for night use only ! Can be found easily especially at Ross and TJ MAXX

vmatt123
vmatt123

Fruity, citrus. warm and tangy. acceptable projection. Not to strong, not to weak. Absolutely a summer/spring scent. It brings out the energy and jump in your day. Very peppy and flirtatious with women. Not a scent for a business work day or your best friends wedding.... More of a scent for a workout at the gym followed by the beach and walking downtown in sandals and a tank top. fun and sexy to sum it all up.
1-10
Overall 8.5/10
WORTH a try for the sporty man 20-34

Molko
Molko

Sillage monster:) Every time, every where, unique character, fresh, clean, sweet and strong...definitely unisex...
cherry coke+vanilla+sandalwood,
update: it's too strong to me, I have headache when I spritz on me:( I don't like it already and I gave it to my mom:D

micrtin
micrtin

I think anyone who likes sweet scents, shoudl try this more than once. I too thought it was too synthetic at first..
For me:
-more masculine than Rochas Man
-as much projection as le male less the Vanilla
-same type as One Million, except much deeper more complex and more masculine
great for me, I am considering buying this one

mhm1985
mhm1985

BAD,BAD,BAD

It reminds me of RAID bug spray

bad and offensive scent

I wonder why always bad scents are silage monsters!!!!

Batey2008
Batey2008

SEX SEX SEX... ONLY SCENT I WANT MY HUSBAND TO WEAR! I want him every time I smell it! SEX SEX SEX IN A BOTTLE. I dont care it's a dated fragrance! SEX IN A BOTTLE PEOPLE! SEX IN A BOTTLE!!!!!

dromidreza
dromidreza

حتما تستش کنین.هرکسی این بو رو دوست نداره.من 10-15 سال پیش داشتمش.یه حس دخترونه ای بهتون میده.تهوع آوره بنظرم

DarkestMidnight
DarkestMidnight

Liquid fire. The staple of my fragrance collection. Bold, fiery, exciting, but not lacking depth or mystery, eccentric, powerful... Every time I've bought it I've been asked if I am a musician. I reply simply, "I play guitar..." Certainly for the creative, aggressive masculine type. Some will find it over-bearing. Most should find it sexy.

nowheregal
nowheregal

one sprey is more than enough for this. and it lasts so very long. since my brother didnt like it, that became mine. i am gonna use it on winter ofcourse. it will take forever to run out of it i think :))

acavicchi
acavicchi

I love this fragrance, the warm, sweet, spicy woodsyness is wonderful: very attractive, VERY sexy... But I agree with a lot of the reviewers: it's really strong, it lasts forever and MUST be used sparingly! One spray only! Any more and it will smell like you've stuck your face right up to a Bounce sheet.
In small doses, Joop Homme will draw people closer, in large doses, it will send them far, far away!

tahseen
tahseen

one of the most powerful, sexy, sweet, male fragrance out there.

--------------------------------------------------------
* not more then TWO spray = the sexiest,sweetest,ladies attractor cologne in the world!

* more than FOUR spray = the unsexiest, too sweetest, ladies repealer cologne in the world!

RobbieX
RobbieX

VERY potent scent. A lovely potent oriental which will last 'til you wash it off. A sweet, cinnamon based scent with awesome projection, character and staying power. Just 1 or 2 sprays on each fore-arm from a distance are ideal. A really great unique oriental. I know this sounds daft, but, it reminds me of Liverpool Underground Station (UK) in the 1960's (underneath Lewis's)

rodolfo
rodolfo

I like Joop Homme very much!

When I first smelled this I wasn't turned off like the majority of people, I understood right away that this was a gem! "This WILL get the attention of the ladies" I thought...and I was spot on!

I have yet to find a woman that does not love this one on me. First sniff from the bottle may be traumatic, but once they smell it on my skin, they change their minds.

It smells like a super-rich bubblegum/candies store!

Now I will let you into my secret: APPLICATION!

I own a 5ml splash miniature of this. I've been wearing it for a year...I believe I've worn this for about 30 to 40 times until now and my mini-bottle is still HALF-FULL(exactly 50%).
Do you understand what I mean here? When I wear it, I put on just a little and it's more than enough!

Here's what I do:
I wet my finger with the splash bottle for about 6 to 8 times and gently rub it on my neck...and I'm set for the night! It will project nicely(not obnoxiously) and last long!
If you apply it like that, you can even wear it on cool days.

Try it with the girls, you can thank me later.

I give it a 9/10.

yunvme

I bought this for my teenage son and I have to say less is more and he smells great. If you don't put on too much it is an incredible smell. This has become the one goes to day in day out. Which is better than the obnoxious Burberry Brit he used to kill me with :)

ashish22
ashish22

I quite like the fragrance of joop even though it released 2 decades back. I don't really understand though that why people regard this as a sweet explosion. Yes indeed it has a sweet character to it but it also has spiciness to balance out the sweetness.

The key to joop lies in the application. Its a classic example of lesser the better. 2 spirits on the neck or 1 spirit on the neck and 1 spirit on the chest is all what you need and it will last for good 8 hrs even if you have a dry skin. It in this light application that the joop comes in its own elements.

The problem comes when people apply it too much and indeed it can be cloying and synthetic.

Joop definitely has a harsh opening and if you can withstand the first 15 mins of application then it can be a very pleasant smell to carry. Most of the people are put off in first few mins itself! Let the top notes mellow down and once it enters the mid notes that is when the spices evolve and makes it a balanced scent. The drydown is the best phase of joop and it is indeed very balanced, sweetly refined, spicy and classic during this stage.
Fragrance: 7/10
Sillage: 10/10
Projection: 10/10
Versatility: 7/10

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

This is the stuff that will make your presence known... in a whole neighborhood. I don't remember ever having tried a fragrance that combined both such extreme sillage and tenacity. A few years ago, on my way to a dinner I made a stop at a perfumery and tried this on my wrist. One spritz was enough to banish me at the corner of the dinner table as my friends complained it was ruining their appetite.

It is a very original creation, even to this day. I like the scent, I just don't like it slapping me and everybody around me in the face. The only person I've ever known that is crazy about this is a female friend with a long history of obnoxious boyfriends.

The reviews speak of cherry, almonds and cough syrup. These are all traits of tonka and this is mainly a tonka perfume. Heliotrope makes it even more edible and cinnamon spices up the sweet bread dough. All the other notes listed are inconsequential in my opinion. Anything with a heavy tonka element is extremely tenacious and radiant but not always welcome. A recent perfume in the vein of Joop Homme is Tonka Imperial by Guerlain, a perfume I truly like but is far too expenssive for me. Perhaps one of these days I will give JOOP! another go

coooolash
coooolash

nice n sweet..

SteveSmellsGood

Very pleasant smell, projects like a beast and lasts about 24 hours. Its very feminine and will get you noticed, but its too loud for me.

hazeem54
hazeem54

i like the dry down for it it's very good especially at cold night

Oli_Roche
Oli_Roche

This is a bit of a love or hate scent. I like, not love, it. It is exactly what people have said, spicy and sweet.

I wouldn't say I have ever smelt something similar to it. It is very distinctive and strong. The cinnamon and vanilla are 100% the biggest notes in this scent, which I like as 'winter notes'.

It projects very well and lasts a very long time, which is great for a scent which can be considered as cheap.

I would recommend this to anyone, however if you like fresh and aquatic scents... just don't bother. It is total opposite of these.

Results:

Sillage: 9/10
Longevity: 8.5/10

alexandroshengky
alexandroshengky

Should I go and buy this blind ? i need help for an opinion please.. i like sweet and fresh scent that last for long .. FYI i don't like the smell of Thiery Mugler A and Le male JPG (as a consideration) .. Thank you

Zenith
Zenith

This fragrance is falls into the category of "something I like smelling but do not want to smell like". Sweet cinnamon reminds me of the smell of a donut, and is very pleasant. Women, make sure you give this a go too, it is a very unisex fragrance.

Also, don't overdo it, it is extremely potent stuff, two sprays will do, any more and your neighbors may come around and ask what you are baking

Edit: I tried this again and sprayed one spritz on the back of my hand. I did the dishes that night and had a shower the next morning. After spraying myself with Polo Double Black before work I noticed something odd. Joop was still there. Seriously what is in this stuff!

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Apparently this is the type of fragrance that you either love or hate. Personally, I love this fragrance. Joop is a prime example of a scent that reminds me of days long gone by. I first tried this at a PX at Ft. Sill during my AIT back in 99 after I had graduated high school. Don't get me wrong, I love the aroma (not to mention the girls that loved it then too) - I love the sweetness of Joop and it's incredible longevity. I loved it the first time I smelled it. It's a young man's fragrance, someone who's running around and whatnot. Even though that era is gone, I'll still wear this as an 'old man.'

waine
waine

Someone bought this as a gift for me in 2000. I will never forget this Mitchel Almairac creation, unfortunately for the negative aspects.

The initial blast of pungent sugar candy coated, artificial, sweet-shop, berry, top notes is almost difficult to get past to the extent that it may even appear completely off putting. Leaving the Store you will turn heads only because of the power this delivers.

About 4-6 sprays are sufficient for an evening of wild partying if you want to get attention from the sweet tooth society. Joop Homme is a perfume for those wanting to make a big statement at parties or at night clubs.

If you survive the sweet onslaught, you may want to continue using it only to get your money’s worth or to give it a second chance as it definitely settles down to a lasting spicy, fiery, oriental, middle notes. The dry down, which, if you are lucky, may be tolerable to an eccentric perfume lover.

I must say the scent from the dry down stays on you (and your clothes) for at least 10 or more hours, giving it an air of quality in the longevity area. This is something hardly found in other perfumes in this price range. This is the only positive in my books.

I had very mixed reactions with this including a very negative remark.

If you want to make a statement, looking for brilliant longevity, want to be completely unique, and you like “Sweet” give it a try. Otherwise don’t waste your money.

I will never buy this “Purple Spice Bomb” for myself.

Overall rating, 2.4/5.

smellike

haborym26...Candy-Black cherry!! thats what i smell....

haborym26
haborym26

omnipotent and omnipresent.the great beast.Joop homme is like a Lemale mixed with candy black cherry and burning rubber.very dark and gloomy,reminds me Bvlgari black,which is quite similar but drier and less sweet.intergalactic longevity and sillage,only one spray,nothing more.i lift chalice of blood for your glory Joop homme.

smellike

iM 34YRS OLD AND i KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COLOGNE OR ANY FRAGRANCE ON THE MARKET, IM LEARNING...I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED ANY AFTERSHAVE OR COLOGNE, IT HAS NEVER BEEN A PRIORITY FOR ME...RECENTLY HOWEVER I HAD THE CHANCE TO PURCHASE A BOTTLE OF JOOP HOMME 125ml (4.2oz)FOR UNDER US$30...AT FIRST I THOUGHT THE FRAGRANCE WAS OVERBEARING BUT AS IT DRIED I WAS PLEASANTLY SUPRISED, I CANT TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT I SMELL, I AM NEW TO THIS, BUT IT DOES SMELL VERY SPICY TO ME...AND I LIKE IT ALOT....YET I WOULD NEVER WEAR IT TO WORK MAYBE A DATE OR GOING OUT...THE OTHER THING I NOTICED IS EVERYONE CAN SMELL IT....AND IT SEEMS TO LAST A VERY LONG TIME...

Bobster
Bobster

I bought this cologne for one reason only. The DRYDOWN. The drydown to this thing is GORGEOUS!!!! Yea the top notes are a bit harsh and hard to handle at times but I am willing to wait so I can experience the vanilla and tonka in the drydown. This is a drydown fragrance lol. Projection and longevity as everyone has stated are amazing. Next time you test this one and discard its harsh top notes just wait for the drydown cause you might be pleasantly surprised.

PávelHenry

The last weekend I wear it, and it stays on my skin about 18hrs.
What's the secret to stays like this one?

thor
thor

A great compliment getter!! A Classic!! Unbelievable longevity!!

Well, do i like it? Sadly, No!
Don't misjudge me. Its a great scent for those who might like it - it has a longevity like no other and it elicits a lot of compliments from the ladies(i received quite a number myself, the very few times i wore it . . women swoon over this scent). But IMO, its just toooo sweet and that sillage is diabolical(cloying)!

A definite scent for the metro-sexual man if he's able to survive its opening. Joop! Homme has 'unisex' written all over it. Sorry, but scents like Le Male and Joop! Homme are not for me!

Longevity:10+/10
Sillage: 10+/10
Scent: Femininely Sweet

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Blind buy for myself, yes a female.
Smells sexy mmm. I like it. I could share this one with my boyfriend. Blast of cherry and cinnamon. Really heavy. One spray on my wrist (to try it out after buying it) and it lastst hours and hours. Very creamy and very alluring. It's very eighties but I like it. It's not an everyday perfume but perfect for a special occasion. It doesn't scream: masculine or feminine. I find it unisex.

Update: the spray I did on my wrist lasts until now for more than 18hours. After using soap to wash and going to work as a nurse (I use my hands a lot), still I can smell Joop homme. I never had that before, this stuff is incredible.

kbro4897
kbro4897

Scent 10/10
Projection 9/10
Longevity 7/10
Value 10/10
Overall 36/40

The Pink Panther. Too often dismissed and very common, but a must have staple for any gourmand lover. I get LOTS of compliments with this one, but unfoutunatly I also get, "OH, so and so used to wear that".

rafael.cevidanes
rafael.cevidanes

Excellent smell: sweet and powerful!

The fragrance is led from a very, very strong and sweet blow-off to a dry woody remnance. The most prominent notes I could get are heliotrope, jasmine, Amalfi lemon and then cinnamon, vanilla and for last, sandalwood. It smells really good, I used to get lots of compliments at wearing it.

The complaints I've got about Joop For Men are the blow-off and the weather required: the top notes get offensive on my skin, my nose gets irritated within the first 10-20 minutes but it goes better afterwards; this definitely is not a fragrance for summer or hotter days for it is a warm fragrance.

9/10.

ZELJO

after years , I bought this again yesterday, 125 ml was at only 40 E sho I couldnt say no, anyway I do have a kind of love-hate with this one,love the strong,lasting scent but find it way too artifficial,but reminds me a lot to the first 5 years of the 90s and thats good

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

When I put this on my woman denies me absolutely NOTHING! The word no is no longer part of her vocabulary lol. YaBaDaBaDoo!

Kharnak
Kharnak

Just like fizzy Cherry Cola.
Smooth soft sweet cherry. powdery spice, but smooth and gentle. Almost Candy like.
Mostly Cherry Pie Heliotrope.
So, Cherry Pie, cough syrup, Spring Fresh Laundry, gentle powdery spice. In my opinion, it's a pretty gay fragrance. Not in a bad way at all, but it's "cute" as i said. I'll keep this for when i need to smell clean. I had a very flamie gay co-worker who has Joop! as his signature, so i mashed my face in his chest, and this is that same familiar powdery sweet cherry vibe.
Cherry Urinal Cake? Maybe. some of the cherry components may be used in floor cleaners.

Yes! This is a lot like JPG Le Male, but based around Cherry instead of Vanilla Lavender

Rankn504
Rankn504

This stuff was everywhere when i was kid but the new one doesnt smell like the original. I hate when they reformulate fragrances. Sometimes they ruin a good thing smh.

Barolo
Barolo

I thought I'd smelled this one at a cologne counter two decades ago, and thought I remembered loving it.

Recently, I received a sample. I smelled the vial or should it be vile? :) Finally, I decided to throw it on my skin to see what I thought.

Immediately, I was transported to a holiday candle store that was serving glasses of hot cider. For me, it smells just like a Christmas candle mixed with hot apple cider.

Unfortunately, the holidays were a few months ago so I have no use for this one. I can see why the ladies like this one...ladies like candles and Christmas.

I hate to play Scrooge on this one, but, bah humbug.

Mario Prodigy
Mario Prodigy

I was born in the 80s and this fragance, I think, stands for all the great things I remember from that days! Starting from the great package and bottle you can notice the amazing almost fluo pink colours. It is a blind buy, I recommend the 125 ml one. The sillage and longevity are outstanding! Women love it, it is the real chick magnet. I preffer to wear it during winter cause it is strong, like TNT.
For me, the most remarkable quality of this perfume is that there is no other fragance that smells like Joop. It is unique. The best one.

tomerits
tomerits

one of the first perfume i bought in my life(1991,75ml),and i absolutely love it.
now i have the 125ml bottle and i'm guessing that i will always have this in my wardrobe.love it.
my rank 4.5/5.

biancaloren
biancaloren

I love JOOP. I am a woman who LOVES this smell and WILL re-evaluate my attraction to someone based on smelling this on a man. I want to taste it; it smells that good to me.

It makes my salivary glands under my tongue water when I smell this. And it makes me stare and imagine things...oh ya, JOOP is not just an olofactory delight it triggers imagery for me.

Love it. whew. ya.

iconoclast
iconoclast

Usually loud, overrated, can be offensive if not plain obnoxious, uncool, overpriced (for what it is)...does Jeremy Clarkson use this?

Jurkovic
Jurkovic

Joop Homme , é simplesmente um dos meus preferidos , uma fragrância clássica , com uma fixação sensacional de no minimo 12 horas , muito doce do começo ao fim , perfume perfeito para noite ou dias bem frios, tente evitar de usa-lo no calor , pois não ira agradar a você nem as pessoas ao seu redor , por ser muito forte e doce e também não recomenda comprar sem provar , mais quem provar e gostar pode ter certeza que é sensacional!

rades69
rades69

I am a product of the 80s, meaning I was in HS when Joop! came on the market. Needless to say, back in the late 80s, I had never smelled anything like it. 22 years later, I can confidently say that the original Joop! is EXACTLY the same. I have gone through numerous colognes over the years, high and low end from Cartier and JPG, to Adidas, and I still think this is the most original scent ever made. With that said, Joop! is not for everybody. It is the strongest scent I own, and for that reason alone, some people are turned off by it. I however love it.

BamBamBaby
BamBamBaby

trying to help you guys out here - you want a frag that women like... say most of them... get a 30ml bottle..its lasts forever and could b your joker frag !

cockerul
cockerul

Sweet for men and women
Very nice for could winter.
I love it...

cocobella
cocobella

this is my boyfriends favourite scent. i gave it to him as a gift, as i thought that this is a great scent. first, he liked it, but did not want to wear it everytime... now, he is just wearing that one, although he has a nice collection of great fragrances. on him this one smells great, a bit sweet and gourmand-like but also masculine. as the add says : real men wear pink;)

danielmventer
danielmventer

I agree with Andy. "The first whiff you will hate it, but give it 4 hours and apply it lightly and then it becomes a nice drydown".

The patchouli, cinnamon, vanilla, light florals and background woods and musky drydown give it a unique feel that most colognes do not even come close to having. But its just too sweet for me.

Yes, The number one sileage monster you do NOT want to wear it at all in warmer weather or put more than 2 sprays on or else it will become a toxic and nauseating smell. Im not brave enough to wear it.

amjay
amjay

too sweet, i have unboxed new bottle of this cologne and after shave 2.5 oz, let me know if anybody wants to buy it.

sf2explus
sf2explus

wow a very nice scent what can i say, one of those scents that got me into fragrance in a whole new way.
this scent is fruity, creamy, sweet delicious. a very strong scent only need 1 spray to the neck to last an entire day. i would keep this for the cooler months and if used in the summer please avoid during the day.
This scent is a projection beast, so less is more here. any age can pull of the scent, but it will take a master nose to pull it off the right way.
(avoid spraying on cloths sticks on for over a month lol) a very well made scent for me one of joops best.

Scent 7/10

scentedkub
scentedkub

For me, it is a matter of patience. Do I feel like tolerating it to get beyond the cherry urinal cake start for the nice drydown or not...if so, I wear Joop! If not, I put on Le Male...on me, it's like the best part of Joop! without the somewhat nostril-searing start...not somewhat, it totally sears my nostrils...lol

andy

It is a great scent because the first whiff you will hate it, but give it 4 hours and apply it lightly and then it becomes the BEST drydown and best scent you have ever smelled. So many sensual and exotic notes blend well and the patchouli, cinnamon, vanilla, light florals and background woods and musky drydown give it a unique feel that most colognes do not even come close to having

Joop is really the way most colognes should be because its lasting power is great and they focus more on the drydown and notes u smell for hours rather than making a nice top with no body like many frags on the market.

The only thing with joop is that you do NOT want to wear it at all in warmer weather or put more than 2 sprays on or else it will become a toxic and nauseating smell.

adilshah57
adilshah57

Ahhh. The number one sileage monster; you enter into a room and everyone is attracted towards you with in seconds. I would recommend a light dose of this perfume as it is two strong.

smokva
smokva

I like it, but If I'm to give my money to Joop! I will do it for Nightflight.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I've done a 180 on Joop! Homme. I used to think it was crass garbage, but I just picked up a very cheap ($14) 2.5 oz bottle with matching aftershave, and it's actually quite nice. Very strong, super potent stuff, and surprisingly complex. Not the Joop! I remembered, which either means I misremembered it, or it's been reformulated into something better. The opening of blood orange, cinnamon, violet flower and heliotrope is explosive. These notes form the olfactory illusion of maraschino cherry juice. There's a distinct floral development, and I whiff some indolic jasmine layered with orange blossom. Very nice white floral pairing, very well-rendered and astonishingly clear for such a cheap drugstore scent. The sandalwood, patchouli, and vanilla ground the sweetness into something more serious. I'm liking the sandalwood here. I can see how Creed would copy this and make it into their Original Santal EDP. Joop! Homme is a brilliant '80s oriental, one I will enjoy wearing this winter along with Old Spice, Allure Homme, and Passion for Men.

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

The amount of oomph that you get for your money puts almost every other fragrance that I've smelled to shame. Apply with caution. (Update: Longevity is also good. 17 hours after one spray onto my forearm I can still smell faint remnants of Joop Homme.)

It's a remarkable scent, in a way. Whether you find it remarkably good, remarkably off-putting, remarkably outdated or holding up with time remarkably well, strongly depends on your aquired taste and preferences.

In case the love/like/dislike bars leave any doubt, let me spell them out: try before you buy!

It's fragrances like this that make those three voting options (love, like, dislike) seem inadequate. I neither like nor dislike Joop Homme, but I'm not indifferent, either: I'm torn between like and dislike. I wouldn't buy Joop Homme for myself and I probably wouldn't particularly enjoy smelling anyone wearing it - and yet voting "dislike" would not seem to do this fragrance justice.

behzad1280
behzad1280

I remember it, I like it, I wear it, I gonna suffocate, then I hate it! And this story repeats again some days later!
It’s amazing, it’s weird, it’s unique, it’s strong, and I hate it again! You tell me what I do with this flacon of something odd?!
Longevity and sillage are beyond good.
Test it more than once before you buy it.

یک عطر عجیب که به نظر من بیشتر مناسب سن زیر بیست و پنج هست. به نهایت تند و خفه کننده است در صورتی که بیشتر از یکی دو پاف بزنید.
دوام و پخش بوی بسیار زیادی داره.
پیشنهاد میکنم حتماً قبل از خرید چند بار تست کنید.

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

I understand that you may find the top notes like a cloying syrup -however, I like it, they last a few minutes- just that: "top notes". It is right for perfumes to scream "Here I am, we're getting ready for something" If the scream lasts for long it bothers.

I find that between 15 and 30 minutes since applied it smells like a cheap floral female cologne. I don't really like this lapse of Joop Homme.

But it is true that after an hour it becomes a very nice, attractive and comfortable scent, even for the summertime -I wear it on summer nights- All you have to do is not to overdose. Two sprays, not so close to the skin, get good results.

So there's no reason to be afraid of this fragance: Really long lasting, very nice projection (if you don't abuse), a very good price and... it's a classic! If a whole room of people knows you're wearing Joop Homme it's a disaster. Just let the secret be revealed to those ones who gets atracted by the bittersweet drydown.

kalravrkapadia
kalravrkapadia

12 hours + on my skin....superb!!

highdef
highdef

Its not that strong, and Its not that sweet, to my nose It smells like leather or rubber, with cinnamon sprinkled over it,then you get vanilla on the dry down.
The opening has a cough syrup smell but that goes away on my skin very quickly,

after my shower I did 7 sprays, to analyse the strength of this so called projection monster,I must say It does leave a nice scent cloud,when I wore it no one was offended by it,or was sickened by it, and it doesnt smell bad either, to me a fragrance like dunhill desire red is much sweeter and fruitier, joop to me is all cinnamon and leather/rubber with vanilla and tonka bean on the dry down.

This is my first time buying this fragrance, I thought It would be super sickening sweet,but I have sweeter fragrances than joop.
Joop homme is good for the english fall and winter maybe spring, I could even wear this in the summer,I wouldnt do 7 sprays in the summer though, 1 or 2 max!

I like joop It works for me. It adds a sexier aura to you when you were It! I have sweeter fruitier fragrances than this in my collection I would wear this whenever I want, to lectures,work,on a date,,etc

application depending on where I will be going.

projection= 7 (le male is better)
smell= 9 (cinnamon, leather/rubber, vanilla tonka bean nicely blanded! nice drydown!)
versatility= for me 7 not to worn if you hang around with alot of men,

Good fragrance my first time wearing it!!

evilspin

True. this is very strong stuff. probably hands down the strongest fragrance with the strongest projection in the market today and back then as well.others close to it is fahrenheit and grey flannel. some consider joop repugnant some consider it too regonizable or old school.But i think the true way to wear joop is TWO spray in air and walk through it. let the spray fall on you and DO NOT RUB.
actually your not supposed to rub any fragrance on skin. if your not into spraying in air cause you feel like your not gonna smell like anything. then only spray ONCE on neck mainly under jawline where you check your pulse since that is a heat point and will activate fragrances and essences and let people smell you all day as you walk by. DO NOT RUB on skin! This is the ONLY way to wear Joop. TRUST ME this is the only way the fragrance is truly best. It smells like a totally different and high end fragrance with ONE spray on neck from afar especially walking through the spray in air.its not recognizable as joop done this way. People will compliment you. and thats better then people recognizing joop on you. I have people asking what im wearing when i do wear joop. but if you spray more then once on skin people just cough, move away, sneeze regonize joop or guess you showered in perfume. Joop can be wonderful when used correctly. im surprised its a eau de toilette instead of eau de parfum. dont even know why they released it in the exagerated large bottle sizes. the small ones are enough & will last you forever, hopefully stored in good tempurture so that it wont go bad on you.
(side note: if you spray on neck once then use Bottega Veneta parfum on top it smells like the ultimate fragrance. they compliment eachother well).

SheShe
SheShe

I'm a woman...
I like it but don't expect much depth. It isn't created to be deep. Joop! Homme is created to break bareers of what is called a man's fragrance. It's pink, sweet, kind of sweet candy, but it's also a bit spicy and in the first half an hour or so I can sniff something like petrol and leather. Women often like or love it. It reminds me of Fahrenheit in the beginning but the overall feeling is "newer".
Sexy :)

dgbhz
dgbhz

Sexy, quente, marcante! Me lembra cereja e canela! Ótimo pra chamar a atenção!

ItsJson
ItsJson

I've tryed making myself like this cologne and I just can't, Its just to sweet for me.

princess27
princess27

sexiest perfume on a guy
absolutely love it!!!!!

abdul hammad
abdul hammad

I did a blind buy for this piece...and i was very much dis appointed...this is one of those fragrances with which u have to make a lot of compromises to like them.I bought the 125 ml bottle and i am always thinking of how to finish it.definitely it cant be given to someone as a gift.

when u first smell it u are totally blasted,because what comes to ur mind is a cheap cherry cough syrup,but after wearing it for a few times u find sense in it..Now this is sweeter than required especially in the drydown..The opening is kinda okay actually but the main thing the drydown is all soft candy cherry,now why would someone want to smell like cherries and make people around think that this guy is wearing his little sister's cologne..this sweetness actually makes it smell cheap...

my description for this fragrance is cherries for TEENAGE GAYS

...and i strictly advice u people to not to blind buy it...please try it like 4to 5 times before buying it because this fragrance is like (according to the love dislike bars at the top)''if u like it u will be a huge fan,if u hate it u will shoot it''

6.5/10 i have rated it by considering what everyone thinks about it otherwise it would have been 5/10

krmarich
krmarich

I was a senior in college and had a friend who would spray it liberally before we went out for drinks. There was a note in it that made me sick. It was always the opening that seemd to last too long. The citrus,tonka, heliotrope and neroli clash.

This was the start of a commercial trend that I shunned! Perhaps I was too old fashioned? I gave a spray out of curiosity once and developed a rash and scrubbed! Yuch!

As for my friend, I stayed away from him at the bar and he would always get a date! Chic magnet? I would prefer sit alone with my Rabanne Tenere.

MikeMorrisOfficial
MikeMorrisOfficial

girls loooooove this and joop go !!!!!!

Sharklord
Sharklord

This is without a doubt a Man's fragrance. It is Extremely Bold! A little goes a long........... way. I have received so many compliments on this fragrance it is Amazing. A True Classic. Night Flight is a soft cologne of Joop....

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Wow, it seems as if everyone has a long story about Joop! I frequently buy bottle lots and end up with a lot of fragrances I would have otherwise never bought. Joop is one such frag. I have smelled it in the stores and never really liked it. I'm not sure if the formulations have changed over the years, but the bottle I have is older, and perhaps even the notes have changed due to aging. The bottle I have has a distinct benzoin note, and it smells like burnt tonka and vanilla with some mild spices. It's actually very nice. Maybe this potent frag needs aging!

theperfumecart
theperfumecart

you'll never go wrong with this. not a commercial type of perfume. THUMBS up for this!

perfumlover
perfumlover

10 on 10 for longevity and 10 on 10 for projection. Its the scent which is difficult to get off your body.

Arber Cami
Arber Cami

This perfume is ok for a night its even awesome for a ``one night stand`` but not more the smell gets me sick after a while

raych
raych

hmmmm love this smell on my man!... Also on my gay boss lol....

anton007
anton007

Great scent! Just two sprays minimum because it projects very well. One spray on the wrist then rub them together and then one on the chest. I always get compliments on this one! Love it for weekend use!

jtis30
jtis30

I used to like this. I could imagine myself in elementary school 'cuz it smelled like crayon with light floral notes. Now, years later I bought more and it has some of that but, smelled up close on my skin it is very chemical smelling. There is no way i would wear this especially if I was up close and personal with a lady. If you want something similar like this floral/fruity combo maybe Givenchy tropical paradise? Just my limited view as I am new.

snails
snails

magical sexy!

jcastano
jcastano

No thank you! This stuff is not that bad but by no means is it good. It's an overly sweet cotton candy cinnamon concoction that even the likes of me can't tolerate. What's worse is that my dad loves and wears this religiously! The bottle, the pink juice, and the smell is far too overwhemling for my nose. I can't imagine how people felt back in 1989 when it was released. It must've been like The War Of The Worlds radio broadcast in 1938 that had many scattering about in panic and sheer dismay, except everyone back in '89 was male and running out of their local department stores!

I will state that Joop is ballsy and has no respect for anything in its presence. Imagine an 80's powerhouse fragrance that is ridiculously sweet instead of the green or the woody! Yup! Joop is a beast! I'll even go as far as saying that it was the prototype to the gourmand genre. Without this unapologetic creation, there would be no basis for the creation or comparison of any other kind of fragrance in that same vein so I suppose even though I can't bare Joop, I'm entitled to give it that much credit. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise? Regardless, it's not for me and I don't think I'll be coming around any time soon.

Roqfort
Roqfort

I hate it. It's awfull and strong as a petrol. Not my story...

mlle<3delicieux
mlle<3delicieux

This is sexy.

VanAllan
VanAllan

An original fragrance till today and one of the unique smells that survived these years.

Unfortunately, I really loved the first 5 minutes (citric and orange flower, very nice) and pretty hated the forward development. Sweet flowers, sticky, with an overall cherry feeling, surrounded by a synthetic cinnamon-vanilla-patchouli combo, indeed too much for me.

It has its own merits and I can see this pleasing others, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't suit me.
My rank 7/10 (for originality and sillage). ☣☣

allegro_barbaro
allegro_barbaro

Oh my, this is sooooooooooooooooo baaaaad. Smells like sticky sugary liquid pain relief for children only this stuff dishes out the headaches instead. I don't think I could stay in the same room as someone wearing this cheap synthetic stink. It seems very popular with teenagers who have yet to develop olfactory discrimination. I guess at that age there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Aqua218
Aqua218

Love it. Sex in a bottle.

junior halston

Sweet cherry Vick's Formula 44D cough syrup blended with cinnamon on a base of patchouli and a dash of the original NightQuil (the green colored one that has a menthol flavor). That is Joop Homme.
..yeah that is Joop Homme

Mega killer sillage and will last you for 24 hours on the skin.

It is the male counterpart to Dior's Poison.

hovvy
hovvy

Like the smell on others but too strong for me. Gives me a headache.

scenturian
scenturian

The sweetest scent I ve ever come across.
Sticky syrupy sweetness.
Can be worn to nite out or club.
Never for summer, office etc.
Damn strong projection and everlasting.

vinisantosrs
vinisantosrs

I bought it because I love the Individuel from Mont Blanc and everybody says that Individuel is very similar to Joop! Homme. I wore it only two times till today, but I can see the similarities with Individuel, but this one is stronger, sweeter and sexier. Perfect for going to a party. Incredible staying power. I can't believe this one came in 1989, more than 20 years and still a modern fragrance.

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

I think this is very sweet scents I ever smelled like a liquid sugar, but it's unique and so warm at the drydown
2 sprays enough, yeah monster sillage & good longevity

Scent 4.7/5
Sillage 5/5
Longevity 4.5/5

Heverton
Heverton

I just hate this fragrance, it gives me headache every time I smell it. A VERY sweet scent that projects and lasts forever!! Can only be used at cold weather, otherwise you will choke you and people around you.

Anup
Anup

Ahhhhhh, we finally come to this one, the original Joop!. Don't care what any of you say, this was a total game changer in the fragrance industry.
Even before i got really into fragrances, i always thought this one was special.
Not to mention my favorite colors are the ones closest to violet/fuchsia.
I find it VERY hard to believe that this creation is so old.
When this arrived on the market i could only imagine what people thought XD, pink liquid, Joop!, purple cap, super sweetness.
This is also a one size fits all kind of scent. High school, the office, the nursing home. Anyone and EVERYONE can wear joop! if they wanted to.

The top:

Orange blossoms semi-sweet sun-kissed vibrations co-mingle with sharp citruses, making it extremely bright and inviting!
The orange blossom, i note, doesn't smell like orange blossom in recent fragrances.
Perhaps Joop! has it's own chemical for it. Very genuine, and soft.

The middle:

Heliotrope heaven, which is GREAT for me because i love it.
Dewy and sweet Heliotrope is what it is, and pulls no punches in this composition!
Lest we forget the Jasmine, *giggles* i've never smelled Jasmine so subdued in a fragrance before. It's almost funny, because i can only imagine if it could talk.
It would probably mention what a dolt Heliotrope was for being so sweet and ditzy! XD. We also have some much needed spices to keep this composition from floating off into the land of "so sweet i wanna puke"

The base:

I don't necessarily get the base-notes listed above, but i DO get a very vanillic woodsy smell. Definitely not two separate notes in my opinion.
Along with that delicious vanilla smoldering woods scent, we get a WONDERFUL burst of creamy sun-kissed honeysuckle.
An apparent compliment to the existing Orange blossom note in the top.

I approve

Smell: 9.5
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 10

Ash4245
Ash4245

Another one i like is joop!

melbritt24
melbritt24

One word: SEXY!

junior halston

This is the one and only most complex fragrance for men. It is a true oriental with its sweetness but the patchouli notes contrast it nicely.

I don't know what aphrodisiac is in this fragrance but women are attracted to it on the right man.

I don't know why this was not marketed strong in the USA it has all but faded out here and can no longer be found in department stores.

It is as unique as Angel but for a man.

chulobonito
chulobonito

DEBO DECIR Q ESTA FUE UNA COMPRA A CIEGAS Y FRANCAMENTE Q DESILUCION, ES DECIR ME BASA EN LAS OTRAS CRITICAS DE Q ESTE ES UN PERFUME DE ESOS Q DEJAN ESTELA, DULCE Y POTENTE MMMM Q DESILUCION EL PERFUME SI ES CIERTO TIENE MUY BUEN FIJADOR Y SI DURA POR LOMENOS UNAS 6-8 HORAS , A MI GUSTO CUANDO TE LO APLICAS TIENE UN FUERTISIMO OLOR A CEREZAS COMO HUELEN LOS JARABES DE LA TOS PERO MAS OSCURO Y FUERTE EL OLOR , DESPUES DE UNA MEDIA ORA SE VA A TENUANDO EL OLOR A CEREZAS Y QUEDA UN OLOR BASTANTE RICO INTERESANTE COMO A MADERAS NO MUY FUERTE, AL FINAL DEL DIA LE LLEGO A SENTIR UN PARECIDO UN POKO LIGERO AL LE MALE DE JPG, EN DEFINITIVA LO USARE HASTA GASTARLO PERO NO ES UNO DE MIS FAVORITOS Y TAMPOK LO COMPRARE DE NUEVO :(

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Powerful Smell, OMG....
24 hours longevity
Unique smell
Quality and affordable
Sweet smell, makes me lighten up...

Masterpiece

PávelHenry

Is like wear a explosion... woow!

aizen86
aizen86

the review is based on a 5ml miniature bottle. it is one of the legendary perfume. today i manage to grab it's miniature size since there is no normal size. from the beginning it start with sweet smell. the smell is sweet but it is also minty for me. it's not the sweetness of sugar but it's the sweetness of medicine like cough syrup. but i like that smell. this is surely one of a masterpiece.

sofianec
sofianec

This is one of the Top 10 male fragrances of all time. Simply amazing. Love it big time and will never get tired of it. It's sweet, bold and strong. I know it's not a new one and the 90s are all gone now but it's just so nice smelling ... pink bomb in a bottle.

Only a few sprays would do the work just fine. With all the new scents out there Joop Homme still turns heads and amazes. They don't make 'em as they used to ...

scribs
scribs

i tried it out today, it is definitely a unique fragrance. cant say it projects super well but it definitely has a strong aroma and it lasts FOREVER! love the concept of pink for a mens cologne it definitely makes a statement and the sweetness can be extremely enjoyable, all and all i give it a 7.5o.o. 10, i would wea this as a date fragrance

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Almost too sweet for me to wear it. Even though it is a good perfume, but I feel sticky when I sprayed on my wrist. So I have to skip it *sigh*

oxm
oxm

Joop Pour Homme, a scent is very sensual and rich woods, gently esagerated.Is for men but for me it is more suitable for women, only one spray invades the room where you are, you are immediately swept up is too strong to pass unnoticed, like trying to cross a security system with laser beams.
Vaguely reminiscent of the color of wine, who knows if would have liked to Bacchus?
Bacchus or Bacchus, Hamlet does not accept uncertainties Joop: Joop is a fragrance for the brave..
Infusion of courage

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

My partner's favourite it is indeed special, so it's not for anyone but that doesn't mean its a gay perfume as I read in a previous review.

First of all I don't understand the concept of "gay fragrances" because perfumes are based on tastes and every person, no matter with who they go to bed, has it's personal choice.

Secondly an heterosexual may be very femenine and an homosexual very masculine... Anyway, what I came to say is that this fragrance makes me think of men with a strong personality cause they won't go unnoticed. It's powerfull, almost pleasently heady, cozy and darkly sexy at the time.

babybash44
babybash44

Sprayed this on yesterday at Nordstrom... and I had to wash it off me :/. Its' uber-fruitiness and loud, projectile musk unfortunately reminded me of what vomit tastes like. Scents are very personal, I understand, so please try it before you take my word.

shamus1
shamus1

Musky cherries! Joop Homme is a perfect example of how a primarily synthetic fragrance can smell good if it's well constructed. Even today, 22 years after it was released, it smells innovative and new, not at all like a typical Eighties scent.

Joop Homme smells like candied cherries blended with musk, jasmine and patchouli. It also smells sort of like lipstick, or a woman's makeup bag. None of this sounds promising on paper, but somehow it all comes together and works very well. Although I love Joop Homme, I can sympathize with those who hate it, since I used to be one of the haters.

Joop was an acquired taste for me, but after numerous wearings, I finally became hooked, and I don't regret it. My reason for liking this is simple: it just smells warm and comforting. Sure it's loud and long lasting, but I don't find it brash or aggressive. It's a sweet comfort scent for me.

Out of the bottle, Joop Homme is a wimpy scent. It's daring because it smells rather feminine right out of the bottle - this is not a macho frag like most 80's powerhouses are. However, if you're a confident guy, you can pull off wearing easily. After all, it's the man who makes the fragrance, not the fragrance who makes the man.

Big thumbs up!

MY RATING: 8.5/10

dadulka82
dadulka82

I used to like it because it is so strong, powerful, sweet and long lasting
It gives me a headache now :(

kaltha
kaltha

I cannot imagine a man wearing this perfume!!!!! Nor indeed any but a fearless and fascinating woman, who liked to call attention to herself! It's a unique and heady scent, and the best way I can describe how it smells to me is Lolita Lempicka mixed with Poison, on steroids. That means I admire it. I am in awe of big perfumes. But I will probably never have the nerve for it, and I'd run a mile from any gent wearing it.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Distinct and stands out from the metaphorical fragrance 'crowd' found in most UK department stores. Depending on your point of view is whether you'll like this aspect and the intensely sweet 'hit' of candy that one inhales within seconds of its application. However, with a touch of self-restraint (1, 2 sprays max) this fragrance can be very sensual.

masterbrush
masterbrush

Smells exactly how it looks. Overpoweringly sweet. I had a small bottle (30 ml) and used it all up but by then too many were using it and Jean Paul Gaultier's similar Le Male so I looked for something new.

miromoro151
miromoro151

This is my first fragrance review ever so try to be bare with me here.

First of all wat can i say about Joop!, i've had it for a month now and let me tell you, its THE sexiest fragrance i have ever wore. This stuff is magic, the effect it has on people and the aura it surroundes you in, its a heavenly experience.

When you First spray Joop! on, you get a very strong and "in your nose" citrus blast, full of bergamont and lemons, and sweetened up by cinnamon. Its a refreshing start, just like jumping in a pool for the first time. Then after a few minutes (5-15 minutes), it becomes really sweet, and by sweet i mean the cinnamon start getting stronger and the florals start blossoming on your skin. Heliotrope gives it that "cherry pie" smell while jasmine gives it a sultry feel to it, with orange blossom keeping it warm and spicy. The drydrown starts in about an hour or two after application, here is my FAVORITE PART. Behind the middle floral, warm, balmy notes, vanilla starts to make its angelic entrance by putting the notes where they belong before it shows itself. This phase is EXTREMELY SEXY AND INTOXICATING. The vanilla here is the icing on the "cake" this scent is. Honey and tobacco come to linger, giving it a mature masculine edge, which is what keeps you sniffing around yourself trying to inhale it all in. After 4-6 hours, it softens up, gets cuddly and soft after being dominant and powerful, just like how i interpret myself sometimes (personal refernce to add fondness). Its leaves a smooth vanilla honey tobacco combo on your skin that lasts and lasts till you shower.

As for projection and longivity, well there is no trouble there, AT ALL. 3-4 sprays is all i do around my neck, one on my chest sometimes, and im letting everyone know im a confident young man who knows his cologne. This IS the ultimate female attractor, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, this will get the ladies and girls closer to you gentlemen, it should come as a guarantee with the bottle! Never lets me down.

So give it a try, its a warm, sensual, alluring, creamy, and mature heavenly experince, every man, or woman sniffing this on a man, should have ;)

Papi
Papi

VERY strong and sweet, although whether it fits in 2011 is a difficult question. I think nowadays it's only for brave ones, +30 years old.

6.5/10

jonovon
jonovon

Joop is the most pleasant smell I (and many people) have ever experienced. There's a reason why top brands like Mont Blanc and Creed copied it. But here's the debate: as much as we find Joop heavenly, we find it cloying. It's so unbelievably strong! I always wanted to wear it, but it's nearly impossible, because I myself can't tolerate it. I mean not the scent, but its loudness. Gives me headache. One spray and you'll be exhaling Joop for at least 3 days!
I actually spray it in my car, so that it smells good for a week or so.
I tried diluting it with cereal alcohol. 2 measures of alcohol with 1 measure of Joop, and it still was too strong.
Ok, then I bought the shower gel. The most powerful soap ever. You'll smell good for at least 12 hours, but too close to the skin so there was no point in using it.
So now, after many years of research, I found a knockoff. It's called "Red for Men" and comes in a blue/indigo bottle (?). I'm so glad I found it, cause now I finally can wear Joop without being offensive or being the lonely guy no one gets close at the corner of the room. Of course this knockoff lasts a whole lot less ("only" 8 hours), but wearing it on top of the shower gel is the way to go. I think it's diluted some 10 times, so that it becomes a proper cologne and not an atmosphere spray.

And well, girls love Joop as you can see in the reviews below: they say things like "sexy", "warm", "inviting", "afrodisiac", "devilish". I can't disagree. It's a neck-turner and a turnon.
So, dilute it yourself, or find a way to apply it moderately (I dare you!), or try to find a weaker knockoff, cause this smell is unbeatable.

So, to finish my monologue: this is one of the most debated perfumes ever, and perhaps the most important perfume of the last decades, historically speaking. No one can disagree with the fact that it changed and shaped the perfume industry: macho colognes got an outdated tag and more and more perfumey elements were added. Le Male, A*Men, the new Polos and even light fragrances, like, say, Zen for men by Shiseido, can be directly traced back to Joop. And I don't know if anyone realised, there's not much to say about the notes of this overwhelmingly complex frag. It's like an entity on its own, as if it only had a Joop note.

mvyank
mvyank

first I bought it in malaysia's airport, it's really sweet, I like it very much, I wore it on my wedding ceremony, and still it always brings back to memories of that moment. Unfortunately, I little bit allergic when I wore it on me chest...

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

I used to think this one smelled like a clown's fart.

First a short story: Back in the 90's, Joop! was absolutely everywhere. And I hated it. Every club or bar that you went into, someone was BATHING in the stuff. Every time I went to the department store to pick up a frag, the SA would push this one on me. No thanks. I wore and loved cologne back then too, but I just couldn't figure out why anyone would wear this one. It was sticky sweet and had this strange bung smell to it. Until about a month ago, it was the only scent I could think of that I actually hated.

Then something changed. Recently, I was talking with a colleague and I noticed he was wearing Joop!, yet very lightly. I immediately thought, "Good grief," but then I decided to silently explore the scent as we were talking. I'm not sure what it was, what notes I was picking out, but this was not the fragrance that I hated. It smelled much more complex and sensual, and very, very good. "I have to get a bottle of this stuff," I thought to myself, disbelievingly. A few weeks later, I picked up a bottle at a local perfume shop, rushed to the car, and sprayed under my shirt. What happened next was magic.

The scent opens up with an incredible, almost three-dimensional kaleidoscopic black cherry note. A few moments later, a very lusty jasmine opens up (this was the "funk" smell that I used to hate and was not able to identify) and then everything comes together in a very smooth, pink/purple/red-light glow of a scent: cardamom, vanilla, patchouli, honey, sandalwood. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it is complex, masculine, and very sensual. Very well blended and it lasts all night long.

This one is certainly a love/hate scent, and like others in the category (e.g., Kouros, A*Men) the less you apply, the better. Like another reviewer noted, one shot of this is almost too much. Its power, projection, and longevity are legendary. Yet, at the same time there is something about the scent that begs to be sprayed and sprayed, hence the problem. Needless to say, one shot is plenty. Two if you are wearing a sweater. Three only if you have an Andy Kaufmanesque sense of humor.

This is without a doubt my biggest 180 ever, but I am more than happy to have made that turn.

Renato

Joop Homme EDT has the greatest longevity of any scent I've ever come across. Some months back I applied six sprays umder my shirt which I only wore briefly. I hung it in my bedroom. 13 days later it (and my bedroom) were still smelling strongly of Joop, until I decided to end the experiment and throw the shirt into the washing machine.

In the office building where I worked, Joop was very popular. It was not unusual to come across a sillage trail of Joop down corridors, with the Joop wearer nowhere in sight.

One way of getting a more toned down version of Joop is to buy the Aftershave Splash (or get it in a gift set with the EDT). Put the Splash into an atomiser and apply as you would an EDT. Used this way, the Aftershave splash lasted on my skin about two days, which is still longer than most EDTs on the market. I wouldn't recommend applying the splash to one's face though, without first putting a layer of fragrance neutral balm on first. I knew one guy who regularly used aftershave splashes, but had to give up on the Joop one because his face went red raw every time he used it.

Joop Aftershave Balm is the longest lasting balm I've ever tried, it doesn't sting my face, and puts out a strong odor of Joop that rivals that of many of the EDTs that other people are wearing.

If you want something akin to a more toned down, softer version of Joop Homme, check out Creed's Original Santal.

The main problem with Joop Homme is that an awful lot of people are wearing it where I live (Melbourne, Australia). If the wind wasn't blowing, it was not unusual to come across vapour trails of it when wandering around main streets. And I have had the misfortune of sitting next to people in trains and trams on hot summer days when they are wearing Joop strongly. It is an unpleasant experience - I almost want to abuse them - there are good summer versions of Joop around, why don't they wear them instead?
Regards,

purplesun
purplesun

This is my signature fragrance. One of the first perfumes I bought for myself. Back then, I used to rave about it, cos I thought this must be what heaven smells like. I didn't find it the least bit annoying or cloying.
Ever since that time, I have worn it less often, and now it sits on my shelf, reminding me of those times. I still use it every now and then, though now, I am more conscious of the loudness other people complain about.
Overall, I still think this is an incredibly well made scent and a hallmark among men's perfumes.
About the perceived gayness of Joop! Homme, well, you definitely have to have balls to wear this.

jgschmitt99
jgschmitt99

To me, this cologne smells like a greasy old used car salesman. Could be the job interview just after college I'm recalling, when the interviewer was drenched in it..

cvstudioparfum
cvstudioparfum

I really love Joop, using it since it first came in the market in South Shields, U.K.

It is different, and wearing it makes me stand out, or, I am the only fish swimming against the current!!

jooligan
jooligan

Joop!=Controversy!. Yes, it's super sweet, cloying, burns the neck, make your nose bleed, but I really love it. Opens with a rush of power citrus that fades away quickly, giving pass to a very strong mix of cherry-vanilla-cinnamon-lily of the valley accord that last 1 hour aprox. Then, the honeysuckle-violet combo joins the party and create a bomb of dry sweetness that last FOREVER and projects like a wild horse(the middle notes of Joop! lingers you all day). The drydown is the same as the middle notes, but the musk gives some cozy warmness that is very pleasant. The ugly part of this carnival of candies is the "industrial-toilet cleaner" note that, sadly, goes through the whole development of the fragrance. It's pretty evident that a juice with that level of longevity and sillage must have a "con" related with its chemical origin. Nevertheless, I give to Joop! Homme a 8/10. Try before you buy.

mschirstine10
mschirstine10

well it is also fabulous choice for girls. i love wearing men's perfume as much as i love sniffing fragrance form gentlemen. joop! meets my needs for fantasies when my macho side comes into being once in a while. for a modest price as such, it is actually quite good.

Astektomas
Astektomas

...but is it really for guys? Overpowering candy sweetness, ugh...too much

jense
jense

This is really good.

Three distinct phases

1. first minutes, smells kind of powdery old, little like antaeus but not at all in the same way. hard to explain.

2. le male by jpg, with a little deeper feeling.

3. after about 1 hour or 2 it changes to the best perfume ever made.

10/10 for me, really like this

lil_taul

if you don't joop... you have no taste. i don't wear this often but whenever i do, wherever i go, ppl always ask me, what i got on??? or u smell sooo good tonight, what is that? where can i find it....ect

nas2000
nas2000

Joop! A real 90s Powerhouse everybody knows but but not everybody likes. To me its a love/hate relationship.
You really have to use it sparingly or everybody will smell you a mile before you apear through the door.
To me it gives headache, but smelling it on others is really nice as long its not to much. Very funny when Man is wondering how do you know what i am wearing... simply because this is truly uniqe... a real Classic.

Starting Fresh, it develops fast to really sweet cinnamon vanilla that lasts forever.

PROS for Uniqe Smell, Sillage and Lasting Power
BUT!!! this are the CONS too so truly a Love/Hate Frag!

Oh and over here its really cheap so most men have this in their wardrobe what is a bit borring smelling it on every third man.

Niunia
Niunia

It's so delicious! Love it!!!

ganeshcfc
ganeshcfc

This special one is a heaven, if applied once or twice, disaster if applied more than 3 spray.. absolutely a masterpiece..i'm living in a tropical country, it lasts in the hot weather.

Projection? Good
Longevity is EXCELLENT. I still can smell this sweet juice even after my shirt is washed and dried.

Negative? Almost nil except for the colour..i would have expected something darker or angry red..

BlacksheepNZ
BlacksheepNZ

What we (Men) want to really know is "Do women like it?" The Answer: "Hell yes!"..I have been wearing 'Le Male' and 'Green Irish Tweed' for the past six or so months, and I have had more compliments using 'Joop' in the past month than Le male and GIT combined!

bronstein

Even though it's sold now for very low prices over here in Central Europe, they still give you samples, trying to make you buy it anyway. So I decided to try out again once more, and it was so-so; still can't make my mind up.

That said, from a distance of >20 years in its essence there's a striking similarity to "Cool Water". Something lik a variant for sweeties, something like Cool Water's cute cousin.

Really, if you're into the times when the iron curtain fell, go out and buy this one together with Cool Water, and some CDs by Roxette and Erasure, and perhaps the Batman-movie starring Jack Nicholson on DVD. You can get all of them very cheap these days, and together they make a perfect retro day.

CoffeeCologne
CoffeeCologne

This is one of those colognes that's all about proper application. Less is more! If you can get past the cotton candy sweetness of the topnotes, you will enjoy the warm spice of the dry down. Oh yeah, and you have to sand blast it to remove it.

AgentSteph
AgentSteph

You know those AXE hair-action commercials? I want to do that to any man wearing this stuff. It's pretty strong, and sweet enough for a woman even, but I find it so sensual. I've purchased this for my husband and my father. My husband will wear it just because I like it, My father loved it and wore it everyday. Perfect for a night on the town if you can pull it off.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

One of those fragrances is Definitely not for Everyone&Everyday and also One of those fragrances Everyone can Dislike or Like it.I Love oriental and Strong fragrances and Vanilla is one of my favaorite but this one is too Vulgar and Overwhelming.For me JOOP HOMME is A Loud fragrance in a Cheap way.

Warm,Deep,Horrible,Classic,Sweet, Aggressive,Distinctively Masculine with an Essence of Decadence.It is Awful from start until finish as The first spray make the inside of my nose itch and Give a headache too. The base notes are pretty better for me but totally It not at all what I Expected from a Heady and Special scent because I like this type of fragrances to be more Subtle and Classy.

This JOOP EDT is definitely a NIGHT fragrance that should be used careful and only 2 spray is all you need. It is also a potion of Seduction as Impressive for Ladies.Suitable for an INSOLENT mood in COLD weather.Anyway test it first because it is not Great on Everyone.

For me The only positive thing about it is Great Sillage and Longevity.

PieRat
PieRat

Wow, wow, wow...

I was in the "hate" boat on this scent as I had never tested it on my skin, and just experienced it on a tester strip. My thoughts (pre skin test) was cough syrup, and even though I like the smell of some cough syrups I did not think it was a scent a man should portray.

That being said... I finally gave this a skin test. At first...yup still cough syrup. Then something magical happened. I am still not sure what it is that is going on here with the notes, but it is changing rapidly from syrup to a sweet but masculine scent.

I have now jumped shipped and got rescued by the "love it" crowd. I regret I did not try this earlier.

As others have said. The secret here is application. One spray will do, in fact one spray in the wrong place will be too much. You get just the right application, and this scent goes from cloying to pure bliss!

jim
jim

To me this is very le male+ fleur du male!!

love the longevity 20+hours!!

andy

this is a great scent but it is VERY overpowering and potent so use it VERY sparingly

as for the scent it will not smell good right out of the bottle but it has an amazing drydown. the sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, vanilla and exotic notes really are well put together in this scent and it is definately a classic scent

Priceless memories...
Great people...
Memorable places.

A scent to remember and never forget ... Joop!.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

On the right man Joop Homme smells heavenly.
I sooo admire this scent and I have noticed it works best on young, svelte men.
I may be wrong but from what I have smelled (smellxperienced?) it must have to do with a person's hormone level.
Joop Homme smells best on metrosexuals while it really stinks on "real" men.
I am not really sure how to describe it but I would say David Beckham would leave a sexy perfume trail behind him if he wore Joop Homme while Bruce Willis would probably smell like bathed in cough syrup.
About two weeks ago when I was on the way to work, I could smell Joop Homme on the train carriage as soon as the doors opened.
I went in, looked around, singled out a young man with gorgeous hair and rushed to take the seat next to him.
Of course it was him who smelled sooo lovely; I even told him that I liked his perfume. ;-)

Anyway... unfortunately Joop Homme does not smell any good on my husband at all but I need to admit that he is a Bruce-Willis-kind-of-guy.
Maybe I get a Joop Homme summer flanker for myself as it would definitely pass as unisex frag.

coffeebabe
coffeebabe

Speaking from a wife's point of view: I love it when my husband wears Joop. I just want to snuggle and sniff .... He loves it too. He has worn it off and on for about 17 years and always goes back to it. The secret is to not use too much--the fragrance lasts and lasts. I really think that body chemistry plays a major part in this fragrance. I would not characterize it as "gay." So if you are considering Joop for your husband or for yourself, give it a try!

originaldeftom

I used to use this when it was new in 1989 and I had my big coming out! It is an exceptionally warm, rich, overpowering, masterpiece of a fragrance.

Whether you're gay, straight, "open-minded", bi, metro- or polysexual. THIS IS SEX IN A BOTTLE! Full-stop.

I would describe it as the gay male version of 1970ies YSL's "Opium". The cerise colour points towards the sickly sweet nature of the scent. Think of those candied apples or cherries used in cocktails. And there is this Bazooka pink chewing gum element of a smell.

It is a very well orchestrated scent with longevity. Lots and lots of strong floral and spicy ingredients. A true floral oriental scent only to be used in the coldest of winters!!!

Whether you accept it or not: It has revolutionized modern male commercial perfumery. It was a pioneer and a game changer, preceeding JPG 'Le Male', Rabanne's '$1m' and the new 'EROS' by Versace.

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

Very strong and unique fragrance. It actually was too strong for my liking. If being instantly recognisable is your thing then check this out but might not be everyone's cup of tea.....

BIG
BIG

After shave review: i think it's this concentration that should have been released as EDT and the current EDT as EDP. I can clearly detect the heliotrope note mingled with citruses and flower notes (it's what creates the cherry accord). OMG, this is so divine. I can't wait to wear it in the winter. If you can't stand the EDT, buy the after shave.

junior halston

You can not get anymore oriental in a fragrance then Joop Homme. I don't find it femme at all like most feel actually the sweet accord is very much cut with a sharp patchouli and vetiver blend.

I will say women love the smell of this scent. It is a classic and set the stage for Le Male and A*Men of today.

blueberry
blueberry

Absolute masterpiece. I know it is a cult masculine scent, but I love it so much and on me it smells even better than on a man! I really think it can function as a perfect unisex fragrance, it is so sweet (not Escada sweet bore!), powerful and long lasting. I am in love with the bergamot, cinnamon and vanilla as well as orange blossom, and detect some sweet and yummy cherries (maybe it is the color?). From now on I add this one to my permanent set of favourite perfumes.

My advice for women: ignore the "homme" label and try it for yourselves!

vin570
vin570

This is "lethal", gets me to think it is a very well elaborated trap! Shows itself very cute and angelical because of its superficial floral spicy sweetness (cinnamon, orange blossom, vanilla) but it also has a hidden artillary, with gross character (musk, vetiver, patchouli, tobbaco). That's when the man shows himself and finalizes "the capture of his victim", whose attention was gathered by the first innocent impression; concluded by a surprising animalistic finale!

Fragaria
Fragaria

Very sweet and manly. I wish I could find a female scent with this much cherry in it. I don't care for this at all. It's strong and lasts hours and hours but after a half hour I don't want to smell it anymore. Very sickening cherry pipe tobacco scent. If you love pipe tobacco then this is for you. I don't think I shall want to ever smell this again.

GoldenKiwi
GoldenKiwi

One of my favorites. Great sillage and longevity. I find it more refined, and when used sparingly, more subtle than say Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (very interesting anise smell), Givenchy's Pi (too much vanilla for my liking) or A*men (a true great, but not for me). It's a scent I love to stick my nose in every once in a while, like candy rolled in exotic spice. It's not medicinal (try Body Kouros for that, licorice + eucalyptus = sexy pharmacist), nor cheap or simple (thanks to the spice). For more in this genre, search for the perfumes mentioned earlier, and also Versace Dreamer or Rochas Men. For other perfumes that grab the attention, non-gourmand: Bvlgari Black, Dior Fahrenheit and Opium Pour Homme.

EDIT: However, as I've come to experience, it's often overdosed by people. So it's possible a lot of people dislike it, because it reminds them of douchebags at the gym.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Candy sweetness.
Has similarity with montblanc individuel.
Suitable for winter and fall only.
Last forever and project like crazyyy!!

wizays
wizays

FEW BASIC FACTS ABOUT JOOP HOMME:

Respect it!Been there since 20 years.U May be wrongly getting at it for it is proven NOT WRONG.

Dont spray more than once/twice in one go.IT IS "HIGH POTENT"

Dont JUDGE ON THE FIRST NOTE.
Out of reviews on staying power i bought.First Spray :"shit,i wasted money again" However 10 Min~ appears i was wearing a different perfume.

Judge ON THE DRYDOWN AFTER 30 Min.
Dont worry on 30 min.The perfume sticks for ages.YOU WOULD DARE TO SAY YOU R SMELLING BEST PERFUME.Smooth,subtle,the smell will appear to be PULSATING and gradually growing as if blossoming.This note is what JOOP fans die for.THE THROW OF THE PERFUME IS GENTLE,SMOULDERING SWEET,BACKED BY LIGHT SPICY.

third NOTE STAYS LONG.
I used a tester strip.Stayed more than 25 days.THOUGH the tester stayed in my wallet -no open,davidoff cool water vanished in 14 days:-).IT STAYS REAL LONG.

Dont RISK NOT BUYING IT.
IF U DISLIKE USE IN ON TESTER STRIP.OBSERVE THE DRY DOWN AND THEN BUY.
if u can dare, buy on the first go later to realize this was the best buy u EVER MADE.

FORGET THE PRICE.THINGS MADE IN HEAVEN SHOULDNT BE LOOKED FOR PRICE!!

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO BE POSSESSED.
10 DAYS BACK I BOUGHT 125 ML.
HARDLY CONSUMED 20 ML BUT AM SO MUCH ENDEARED THAT TODAY AGAIN ONE 125 ML COMES IN.Practically i dont need the second one but a thought thast "what if i wont b able to get it later."YOU CAN WELL IMAGINE HOW "ENCHANTING" IT IS!!

cybergoth
cybergoth

i love this cologne i still wear it to me it smells like a popsicle lol but i have alot of women who tells me how much they love it wear anytime smells better in the fall and winter and last alot longer it would get a 9 out of a 10 in my book

Only spent a few seconds with this one. It was artificially sweet like a cherry flavored cough syrup. I will come back and edit this context when I get to spend more time with it.

bwcw81
bwcw81

I was almost convinced to buy this after so many good review! Too bad, when I tried it, it is way too powerful than what I could have imagine! It almost covered my nose for few minutes after the sniff and it is very very very strong & powerful!

The first notes is extremely powerful sweetness with little hints of citrus! It is then slowly turn to dusty powerful sweeter stuff with hints of floral scent! Last notes is even more scary > extreme dusty creamy vanilla! I have to crowned this as the king of sweetest & creamiest fragrance! It remind me of a giant sweet candy factory!

The lasting power and sillage also extremely great! More than 10 hours! If you like it, it worth every $ you paid!

Too bad, it is kind of dated, extremely powerful with candy sweetness! I still prefer something less "intese" e.g. Go and Jump is great for me. If you like sweet creamy vanilla fragrance, look no further, this is the one for you.

crestfallen
crestfallen

Really nice fragrance, smell reminds me of cherries/sandalwood for some reason. Sweet, semi-cloying (in a good way), projects really well and last long too. I'm going to buy a bottle soon. 1-2 sprays only, DON'T overdo this fragrance or you will die and kill everyone around you. I'm gonna try it out in the summer even tho everyone says winter only. I think 1 spray during the summer will suffice

BlissyPissy
BlissyPissy

This one is not a perfume... It's THE PERFUME.

There's a devilish side to it that's been killing me ever since I first sniffed it, ages ago, somewhere in a theatre...

I've been looking for it ever since and eventually found it about three years ago. I don't think I'll ever select something else as number one for me...

And I'm a girl, too...

That guy who said it's an aphrodisiac... It is...

But you gotta wear it carefully and have basis for the power it gives you, otherwise you can be just a crappy guy, wearing a perfume that doesn't suit you...

This perfume is rock hard and suits strong personalities, like say an alpha male, dressed to kill (regardless of age and not necessarily very muscular)...

I can't believe it can get bad reviews... I adore it. But, again... You gotta have what it takes to wear it...

And never in the summer, especially during daytime. Autumn close to Winter... That's when it peaks.

da_markos
da_markos

It's not my cup of tea... I just don't like extremely sweet scents. This is agressive sweet combo of non-aggressive at solo sweet notes like: jasmine, vanilla and lily of he valley. For me it's the same leaque as 212 sexy, Le male, Dreamer. I think that this one was an inspiration for mentioned scents. In era of Fahrenheit, Kouros and Cool Water this one had to be ground-breaking.

Indro
Indro

An amazing perfume,lasts forever it seems.This was my fav in the early and mid nineties,even now I enjoy wearing it to my office or for an official meeting,I would call it a masterpiece.

Tuvok
Tuvok

Controversial one. But i recommend you who dont know it's smell just one thing. TRY IT and then decide. You cannot judge it by it's notes or opinions of people. Me and my girlfriend love it. I ordered a bottle few hours ago and i will get it tomorrow. One thing I can say, it's one of it's kind.

gucci
gucci

i bought this fragrances for 40 bucks for my friend with out smelling it thinking it was gonna be light and fresh but when i first tried it. I thought it smelled like burned up fireworks and cigarettes so i decided to give it to my grandfather and i bought my friend another cologne lol

bronstein

As mentioned below, there's something about this that reminds one of something else - of some cheaply and annoyingly scented mass product. In my case, I thought of scented pencils.

On the other hand, this on is rich in details, when you inhale deeply. There's a reason why it's still a standard product at the shops over here in Central Europe, and that's quality. Whether you actually want to wear it remains your decision.

dubeau206
dubeau206

There's something about it that makes me almost nauseous, and at the same time there's something I love about it. I've noticed that in the reviews, people get very torn in two directions about Joop Homme. This cologne lasts forevvvvverrrrrr. I can put it on in the morning, and still smell it at the end of the day! I bought it out of nostalgia, a friend of mine had it in 6th grade (yeah, long time ago) and I remember us always wearing it. I didn't get a chance to sample it again before I purchased it, because it was at a Nordstrom Rack (no testers there). Had I tested it first, I probably would not have bought it. And somehow I'm glad that I did anyways. There's something crazy about this stuff. Very powdery, and like somebody else said "ripe sour cherries" describes it very well. Some love it to death, some despise it, and some can't even decide. Strange indeed.

Brando
Brando

I cannot stand this fragrance. It smells like inscense. It also reminds me of a perfume I have smelled before, but not sure which one.

chriso
chriso

Joop is my absolute favourite perfume - I never tire of the smell. Sweet & bold, it's just such a delicious smell.

My friends have come to associate the smell with me somewhat, I think in no small part due to the fact I used to use far too much.

However, a little goes a long way, although I tend to wear a little more in the winter, it remains my fragrance of choice.

Castor
Castor

This paved the way for the overly sweet scents for men, so this is the sole reason I bought it. I do not feel comfortable with these (see my review of Jacomo de Jacomo Roouge) but being a reference in matters of innovation, I think it is worth trying and wearing in order to discover that base notes can diverge significantly in relation to top notes, and that these can be nice when you found top notes off-putting. This said, do not be fool by the "cherry-syrup" like top notes. If you have patience, you will realise that the mid and base notes are quite enjoyable.

For those giving it a try, beware: applying J!H has to be done with care for it can be too strong; sillage and longevity are remarkable, 8 hours plus and a hot shower won't take the scent away.

I would say it is rather a curiosity for those who are definitley not into cloying / loudmouth femenines targetted to men scents, like A*Men and Le Male.

waheebahmed87
waheebahmed87

Longetivity 9

Smell 10

goes great in winters..

costaleo
costaleo

A masterpiece that's not for me. It's sweet, cloying and overbearing> Too sweet, too cloying... I have a very close friend who wears it and wherever he goes the scent is around him, like an aura. That's something I have to recognize.

UPDATE JULY 2010

It's amazing how your taste can change in such short period of time. Joop is now one of my favorite fragrances. The qualities I have always recognized are now qualities that match with my evolving taste. I have a 30ml bottle considering its strenghth.

Kersen
Kersen

this perfume is very very long lasting!
i love this perfume
it's my all time favorite!

pedjoni
pedjoni

One of the best scent in world history..i got so many compliments using joop homme.....

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

ok , im not gonna comment on the eprfume itself , but to judge for the longetivity , sillage , projection , OMG this lasted a minimun of 10 hours on my skin !!!!! its soooooooo goooood , i sprayed it on my hand and i put it down and a couple of hours later i can smell it like im sticking my arm under my nose !!!!! its really reall really good , ill test again for the perfume itself but for the longetivity ,sillage and projection , this juice is AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!! very very very very very very well done , its one of the top quality colongs out there , ooh and about the unisex opinions , ya perhaps ladies can give this a try , if this was unisex , it would have been impossible to say it could be masculin but also couldnt say its entirly feminine , maybe the feminine touch in it is what attracts everyone to this master piece !!! i think i might jus get this , i enticed myself from my own review to buy this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lool , igve it a try , its 100% worth it :)

raverdudes
raverdudes

I see many negative reviews here. I can understand why. When I first sprayd this I was baffled. Sweet, cloying and overbearing. But as time passes and this scent comes to its drydown, I can see it is delicious, beautiful, dark in its sweetness. Evening, colder weather and nicer clothes paired with this scent = aphrodisiac. Yes. You don't really have to like this scent, but trust my word, it works, you get noticed. Don't overspray it because it is strong and has a great longveity. Joop Thrill Man is a subtler and milder version of this scent, also works quite well and younger women love it on a man who wears it well.

Captn_Kremen
Captn_Kremen

Disgusting. I felt as if I had been dipped in a vat of some vile hard candy syrup. Unfortunately it was a gift so I had to wear it.

Ramses7
Ramses7

Excelente perfume (si te gusta), con poco que te pongas huele fuerte y durante muchas horas. A mi no me gusta, me resulta demasiado floral y demasiado fuerte. Su aroma me llegaba a molestar y a cansar.

geroniz

I have a story on this one!!!
I bought it on summer and wear it those days, my girlfriend didn't like it and one of my colleges said that i had better ones. Now when i wear on cold times both of them like it and didn't believe that was the same scent of the summer. So in my experience do not use it never on hot days it is for cold weather.

Marki san
Marki san

One of my favorite perfumes. Its so differend from all men perfumes, it really fits me. To me Joop! smells like plastic cherries...in a awesome way.

Stefan
Stefan

Smells like candy cough syrup, but the drydown isn't as bad.

brown sugar
brown sugar

finally!people who totally agree with me and dont think i am crazy.it is an aphrodisiac.i rmbr a friend of mine wore it and i couldnt keep from trying to rub the perfume on me...wink

truffles
truffles

Aw I love this! A boyfriend of mine years ago wore it. Unusual, warm, and very non-offensive to my nose. I've seen loads of bad reviews for it before. Well I stick by my nose's opinion. Mind you I did also used to love Brut......

flem
flem

This actually gives me a headache.

I bought a bottle based solely off of the reviews here. I noticed that it goes either way in the love it/hate it department just to give it a shot. I have really tried to like it, but I just can't.

It reminds me of elementary school. I must have had a couple teachers wear this. And when I smell it I think of older women, so it must of been female teachers.

I can't really even describe the smell. Its like a mix between urinal cakes and what I imagine that embalming fluids smell like. I don't know why. It's just that much of an offensive smell to me. It literally leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

It does, however, become much more bare-able as it dries down. Even then, its almost sickening.

This is perfect for some people I've noticed, but it's just not me AT ALL.

Chris2448
Chris2448

A little too sweet. Smells like concentrated candy syrup. A risky one as it can either smell great or horrible on you.

hoelahoep
hoelahoep

I owned this one in the 80's. Nowadays: too sweet, too old, too much, to heavy...even to wear at - 10 celcius.

Joop is getting old.....

allexa27

I cant describe my love for this one!It is one of my top 5 favourite frags.I like it one me soooooooo much.I can get enough of its super sexy smell.It is like an afrodiziak!!!!At the beggining is lil citrusy,but the drowndown is unbelievable-smooth,almondy ,sweet and soooooo damn sexy!The lasting power is more then excellent!I am happy that it is not stricktly for men and it suits women too.After i got it i dont want to use another frag(at least for a long period of time).I am in love with it!

liam0225
liam0225

I would say you should wear this fragrence if you want to stand out it is very stong and i usually drown myself in fragrence but i only ever need one squirt of this one it is definately very sentual and different, i love it though and it stays with me all day!

instantjim

I tried this again and just can't get used to it, it smells awful and sickly sweet like some ghastly artificially flavoured cough syrup. Apparently it smells great on some people, but not me. The combination of the fruit and flowers is just too much.

instantjim

This is one of the few fragrances that I truly cannot say whether I like or dislike. When first applied it reminds me of the sickly-sweet aroma of fruit flavoured cough syrup, but it gets better with age, the sweetness subsides a bit and the other notes start to emerge. I wouldn't say it is particularly masculine fragrance compared with, say, Azzaro Onyx or Kouros.

ily_sb
ily_sb

great smell and longest lasting on me so far :)

periquito89
periquito89

Has merit, despiste not being a complex thing. Could be great wearing it those days, but I missed. Today it seens to me that not fits well, can be dangerous. At least I didn't imagine a right occasion. Well, a good occasion may be a club, with techno dance and so on; may be excellent, who knows. Really strong, medicinal kind of smell, probably will attract some attention, and not sure what kind of. Has some similarity with Mont Blanc Individuel, but this one, I can see now, is far from the first one, on terms of use.

SaintLue

I Love the Scent but I cant find anytime to wear it.To Strong for just chilling moments or after a shower.But Also Not somthing i would Wear to go out.Im Sad I Have a full bottle and cant seem to find the right time for it.I Just find myself spraying it around my room.

allexa27

this is the best men`s frag.I adore it!!!

Pavel
Pavel

Today I bought it. At the first sniff I was mesmerized by the smell. I agree with the other reviews. This perfume is simply crazy.

SaintLue

Its Very Sweet.The Opening is Abit too Strong for me.If Over Used can Give me a headache,But if used right.After the first minutes while the first strong kick dies down abit.Its very nice. I Really like it.Can be a favorite in time.

geroniz

Amazing, the vanilla stays with you almost all the time and it is a good feeling (at least on me). as many people say it before me it is not so masculine but it is deliciius.

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

Cool fragrance which girls like. I barely ever wear my one but it's still cool. I love the strength and powerful silage

vdxl
vdxl

It is good and refined, indeed. But maybe too intense and sweet. If applied on air and then passed into it, it smells terrific, modern. This cologne also revives the sensual oriental combination of jasmine and cinnamon, almost a mythical one. And another thing, it surely does not remind you of your detergent or candy store, it is highly potent, so everyone will know it's a cologne you're wearing, a rarity nowadays when everything is so dilluted. The sandalwood basenote is an outstanding one, overdosed, but special. However, if overapplied, it surely will smell groce on you. It's your choice. Definitely, excellent for winter time.

Fabricio
Fabricio

Think sweetcandle smell with vanilla fudge...Is this supposed to be a perfume...for man (interrogation mark). Totally digusting.

Leni
Leni

Oh boy ... those 80's.
Totally outdated but apparently the scent is still very well known. I think it has had its time. Way too sweet for a real man.

2P@
2P@

AWESOME perfume!!!

Eros
Eros

I think it is time to call this perfume "Classic". But! Not that outdated "classic", but rather "forever young classic". It is similar to Dunhill's classic scent, but much more modern.
"Vanilla" in this perfume is not obvious, not pushy.
Easy to wear, not boring. I totally agree with first part of "Zeek"'s description here below.
Modern analogues (imitators) of this scent are: Chanel "Allure homme" - more musky, LaCosta "Elegance" - more vanilla, more obvious vanilla; BOSS "Selection" - citric, sharpy; Dior "Homme" - almost exact copy with some Fahreinheit added.
While all these imitators are more complex, with various brand "additions", this perfume has most natural composition among them.
As for "too strong" allegations: yes, it is "strong", but not that "agressivelly strong", but rather that "strong, hiddenly filling all room with it's thin scent". Moderately sharp.
Lasts 15+ hours with no changes, I have to wash my head after it - to apply anything else.
By the modern standards it is not *VERY* complex, so it sounds less expensive than modern imitators - but this can be sometimes a plus.

Oh my gosh! This fragrance is an aphrodisiac!

I love its sweet tobacco-like scent and its warmth. When a man wears this it is so inviting and sexy.

I love cinnamon, jasmine and vanilla, so this fragrance is an absolute winner. It's actually a shame that I can't wear this for myself. Some days I wish I was a man because so many of their fragrances are so much sexier than female ones.

What really gets me is its leathery, spicy, musky and tobacco like notes. If I had never smelt Joop! Homme I would have probably avoided it like the plague, however the combination of the four makes this fragrance so dirty and seductive.

This is definitely something that a man should wear if he wants his lady to get in the mood. There has to be a sex pheromone is this fragrance, I'm convinced.

stevenfarrisohio
stevenfarrisohio

This is a very provocative fragrance that must be worn in the right fashion and for the right occasion. I find this fragrance the most sensual and spirited if worn subtly. This is something you spray twice into the air and walk into the aroma. It will still stick with you for hours.

ZeeK
ZeeK

A fruity floral sweet fragrance with a little citric touch… but it settles down in a sensual spicy + woody dry down to become an awesome fragrance of sophisticated class. While initial application may fill your throat with floral sweetness. It can’t be a daily wear perfume and best for winter nights and foggy mornings.

To avoid being carry it as a burden for casual & romantic occasion simply apply 3-4 mild sprays (enough to cover your whole body with Joop!) and more as a caution do spray with a distance of 10-12 inches as only to touch-up your skin. [Exception: Clubbing & Party Use!]

acc
acc

It is so outdated and everyone around me knows it. Most people react to this negatively. They say this is sooo old, so 1980s. So, i hardly ever use this when i go out.

The summer version of this one is a must try if you like this.

Beezlebub
Beezlebub

When I was at college I mixed 1 part Joop with 3 parts Armani Eau Pour Homme - It made two so, so fragrances in to one fantastic one, that everyone asked me what I was wearing.... I never told them.

Everyone seems to hate this fragrance, and if you put too much on, it WILL attack and kill you, with great malice. However, in tiny judiciously applied doses, I get a lovely, warm, spiced vanilla musk that I love. I wouldn't put this on my husband, as I believe heat is what makes this stuff truly stink (DO NOT wear this in hot weather) but on my lower body temperature it's gorgeous.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Let's talk about the famous "pink bomb", as it is known among users and fans of the world perfumery.
Joop! Homme was launched in 1989 to shock the society with its ravishing aroma and its pink liquid, also packaged in a pink box. But as the years passed by and the bombastic success (poetic license) of its fragrance, this cologne has become a true champion of sales and a sweetheart of a nation that was in a full change of cultural and sexual values. It was, practically, the representative of the metrosexual man of the 90’s, with its aroma of contrasts, combining warm and sensual accords of spices, honey and woods.

Composed by top notes of cinnamon, bergamot and orange blossom; heart notes of jasmine, sandalwood, honey and honeysuckle; and base notes of vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood, musk, amber, tonka bean and vanilla, this cologne is frighteningly strong and special. Many hate it and many love it.

The only hint that I think it's important to be considered is the amount of its application, because it is really very strong. It’s one of those cases in which "less is more". After its release, some fragrances were released with similar tones and a special care in contain the animality of its aroma, as Individuel, by Mont blanc and Original Santal, by Creed.

guillermostf

streamly strong! power and softness togheter. Just great! Sparkling pieces of fire on your skin. A perfume nobody should say it's a bad one.

perryforever
perryforever

I like this but only on certain men... and I think it has changed recently. It does not seem to smell as it used to. I've actually asked men what they are wearing when they have this on, on others you can smell it a mile off and I tell them - you're wearing Joop. I like the warm spicyness of it. I have to admit it can make me go wak at the knees

tamika1girl
tamika1girl

AHH an old school favorite. It's very warm and sexy. Reminds me of sneaking off and smooching with my boyfriend in middle school.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Joop! Homme is probably my favorite fragrance. It was love at first sight.

As mentioned before, Homme is a strong combination of spicy and sweet notes, creating an extremely strong sillage.

It's magic: you spray Joop! Homme in the morning, before leaving to work, and at night, when you come home, you can still feel its fragrance lingering. Amazing lasting power.

However, be careful with the others when applying it. It's too strong and may induce headache.

desmondorama
desmondorama

A masterpiece of perfumery; definitely not outdated!

That criticism is only received by people who don't appreciate this fragrance; but then it's a love or hate thing that's the most obvious.

It's my all-time favourite; sensual, stimulating, masculine and very, very sexy!

It takes a certain type of man to wear this fragrance confidently to impress; but a word of warning - this fragrance is not to be worn too casually as it is dressy, a very daring, bold and commanding perfume.

Best worn discreetly for the office and heavier for evening as it has great and lasting sillage as well!

It's not this perfume that you wear; but how MUCH of it you wear that makes the Statement.

I love it as much as I love "Fleur du Male" by Jean Paul Gaultier - it's the orange blossom that makes these so great!

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

How to describe Joop! Homme in 3 words.

SEXY SEXY SEXY

Okay that's 1 word, but you get the picture.

Joop! Homme is like the Pied Piper for women it's truely a magnet (for me anyway). It's quite vanilla sweet for a Homme but incredibly masculine & sexy at the same time.

I had to think twice before giving it to my OH as I don't want girls to throw themselves at him, but Joop! Homme is just too good not to be used.

Huge thumbs up from me!

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

VERY sweet male fragrance, probably too sweet for most men, but my boyfriend loved it, so I bought it for him. I love it too! It's warm and delicious.

Joop! Homme by Joop! 3.37 out of 5 based on 1800 ratings and 442 user reviews

Joop Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Gift Set 2.5oz
Joop Homme Coffret Eau De Toilette Spary 75ml 2.5oz Shower Gel 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
Joop Homme Coffret Eau De Toilette Spary 75ml 2.5oz Shower Gel 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Joop! Joop! Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Joop! Joop! Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Joop! Homme by Joop!. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Joop! Homme by Joop! represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.