Designers » I-K » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Joop! Homme Wild Joop! for men
dislike

rum
Joop! Homme Wild Joop! for men Pictures

For 2012, Joop! prepared a new version of the famous men's fragrance Joop! Homme from 1989, named Joop! Homme Wild. The new fragrance is announced as bolder, more seductive and challenging than its predecessor.

It is designed for those "bad guys" who know how to have fun; those wild, free and provocative rebels who drive bikes in distressed jeans and leather jackets. Or those who want to feel that way for a moment.

This oriental - fougere composition is developed by Alienor Massenet. The fragrance is built on many contrasts. It starts with sparkling pink pepper accord that leads to the rich, intense and dark rum absolute core. Warm trail is provided by the base of woody tones and blonde tobacco.

The fragrance is available as 30, 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette.

Pink Pepper

Rum

Woody Notes White tobacco

1 Million
Black XS Potion for Him

Joop! Homme Wild Fragrance Reviews

DLCrumpet
DLCrumpet

I pretty much suck at reviewing and describing scents right now, so bear with me.

I don't love this fragrance, but I don't dislike it. I like it enough to wear it and to possibly buy another bottle if I just happen to have the spare cash though.

Initially it smells very synthetically boozy and strong. DON'T take a big whiff of it right after the first spritz, unless you want your nostrils to burn like heck. The scent is sweet, and after the dry down it smells kind of dry on my skin (maybe because of the white tobacco?).

Longevity and projection are decent; not outstanding, but not terrible.

This fragrance isn't anything extremely mature or masculine, so if those types of fragrances are your preference, this may not be for you.

Overall, I think it's a decent EDT. I don't regret purchasing it, and I could see myself maybe buying a second bottle, but I wouldn't "die" if I were unable to obtain it.

israuseli
israuseli

This one has SO much potential.
Could be one of the top clubbing frags.
Too much rum I can get drunk smelling this. Too sweet as well

RobbieX

A unique and very pleasant rum based fragrance. Longevity and silage are very good. Wild is quite a linear scent but it's lovely, sweet and mellow and well worth trying.

vmann393
vmann393

This is one of those scents that will surprise you I have had homme wild for some time now it is very pleasant and very long lasting it stays with you for a good amount of time 6,8 hours. Compliments is by far easy to get with this one I had this on at work and was approached by a customer she said " I like that it smells good" it does get people thinking this scent. However it has got that party vibe to it as well. It starts off with a nice sweet rum and pink peppers followed by the white tobacco the scent itself is very nice I really cant knock this.

Scent 10

Versatility 10

projection 10

overall 10

yarks
yarks

You're looking at Paco Rabanne in the eyes with this one, Joop. I know your scheme! Get back in the game by immitating instead of innovating. Can't blame you, though. Too bad we all can see the man behind the curtain, because there's nary a person who can't at least admit similarity to the infamous 1 Million. That said, Joop Homme Wild shines as a brilliant immitation with the most confusing ingredient set I've come across. There are barely any notes present that I can distinguish as advertized. Rum? Absolutely not. Pink pepper? Okay, maybe a litte. Tobacco? Not at all a *good* tobacco. Now you're just trying to toy with us. The top and heart notes are superb, but this lacks the famous Joop projection and longeviy.

But towards the end of those heart notes comes what I can only describe as loathsome. The drydown to the base notes reveals an ugly, unattractive scent. It smells like a ripoff playdoh. It's apprehensible and makes me want to gag. Are dry downs not supposed to be pleasant? I'm running away from this bottle. 1 Million's dry down is candyland. But this? You'll regret having this on your wrists. The pretty top notes can't make up for the attrocity of the drydown, and it made me sad that I didn't find a cheaper alternative to 1 Million by a house I somewhat know about. I strongly DO NOT recommend :( I do find the stupid commercial entertaining, however.

stev86
stev86

For me it is a colne of Versace Eros with less projection!

CGV

A Fun fragrance with nice & strong but synthetic boozy, rum accords. has a great summery party feeling with cozyness and coolness being present at the same time. got compliments several times. a party scent with and alcohol and exotic vibe! Recommended!

Cassiano
Cassiano

I’m gonna start this review with a few points which I think are important to clarify: when we read about this cologne in some websites, including the description of some virtual stores, some say that this version is more bold and daring than its predecessor, suggesting the famous Joop! Homme, from 1989. But this information doesn't match the reality, because what is not reported (especially in Brazil), is that this version of 2012 is already the ninth flanker of the original cologne. So, comparing it to its predecessor are chronologically wrong, since its predecessor is called Joop! Homme Sexy in the Pink, released in 2011. And there is also another version, also released in 2012, called Joop! Homme Summer Ticket. Therefore, the correct would be to read out there that this is a daring version of the "original" scent. Makes more sense!

And I go further: to state that this fragrance is more wild than the original is nonsense. Joop! Homme was a true transgressor at that time and remains quite daring for the male audience nowadays, with its pungent, floral and sweet aroma. This new version is not, in any sense, more daring than the original. I'd say it's more modern and updated.

With respect to its composition, they achieved a great result with a simple construction. In the output, notes of pink pepper; in the heart, absolute of rum and, at base, white tobacco.
As already mentioned in other reviews of mine, the pink pepper does not transmit spicy nuances, as many think. The scent of pink pepper (also called Schinus) features slightly sweet and softly floral nuances, reminding sometimes the shades of roses.

When applied on the skin, it seems that contains some kind of red fruit, because it presents a sweet side, that makes people think of raspberries or something like that. But it's the aroma extracted from the pink pepper exuding!

After 15 minutes, approximately, the alcoholic tone of rum begins to dominate and remains for the whole evolution, so addictive. Finally, the tobacco ends in a male and enticing manner, with its soft nuances which refer to the smell of jasmine.

It is a linear fragrance, but well-made and powerful. Projects and lasts for many hours on the skin. Looks nocturn, young and doesn’t push people around. It's the kind of scent that adapts to the man who, during the day, has a nice behaviour, but at night, is a transgressor.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I have never smelled white tobacco in any fragrance. It's similar to jasmine which gives this a bit of a floral feel. This is done in true Joop form. Loud and obnoxious. A bit toned down from the original but you know it's a Joop. The rum and pepper dominate making this a very playful/casual scent. It does not get cloying IMO if not oversprayed. Great longevity and good silage.

CGV

Loads of great reviews on this baby. Just bought it myself after sampling for a few days. I love the sweet cocktail-like rum & coconut boozyness which combined are on the edge of almost being too cloying but the composition manages to stay on the right side. Its definitely syntethic but I dont care because its full with positive energy and remains playfull throughout, not taking itself too seriously. What finally convinced me to get a bottle is the drydown of woody notes and blonde tobacco. my skin simply loves this part! Staying power and projecttion are good indeed. The marketing doesnt seem to fit this right, I would have called it Joop Sundance Cocktail or something. Anyway, after "Splash" Joop again managed to create an exotic, warm yet fresh yummy fragrance. I enjoy it especially while smoking a cigar...and again the drydown...fabulous!

I first tried this fragrance more than a year ago (on a card mind you) and thought hmmmm...it's not bad.
It certainly didn't repel me by any stretch and was not as horrendous as the original Joop Homme.
All I can say is... I tried it again giving it a proper wear on my skin and I have to say the initial spray opened with interestingly fruity, boozy and chocolatey top notes. I'm thinking okay...then It starts to get really, really cloying and even more intrusive than Joop Homme which I never thought to be possible. It turns more and more awful every second and so overbearingly fake and synthetic. I've no problem with that in perfumery but not a lot in this fragrance resembles anything you'd find in nature and perhaps it needs that balance?
How can something be SO SWEET and SO BITTER at the same time? I have to say that is an achievement of sorts.
I hate it though and had to scrub it...problem is typical Joop it's very hardy and withstood a good scrubbing.
I think they sacrifice quality for ridiculous longevity and choking projection just to stand out in the marketplace. It doesn't come from careful crafting or luxurious ingredients that's for sure. Who cares about longevity if you smell like this...? I was embarrassed wearing Joop! Homme Wild because I knew it would get me noticed at not necessarily for the right reasons, You gotta be brave to wear this one.
Unfair to compare 1 Million to Wild as the Paco Rabanne is marginally better and certainly more wearable.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

wow wow, so amazing scent with decent longevity and projection. I am tottalyaddicted to damn sweet fragrance, and this is exactly , i was keen to own. So sweet with a prominent coconut vibe. Not closer to 1million. The skull is going to make me more crazy and wild :)
IMHO its slightly closer to Black Orchid Tom Ford, this is what i feel.

sweefa
sweefa

For me as a woman the interesting thing about this is the drydown when it smells like a sweet chocolate cream cocktail (on me). And since I'm into this kind of fun scents these days I'm certainly gonna use up my samples. Wouldn't recommend it for a man though.

SMELLY1992
SMELLY1992

This is like 0,1% like 1 Million. Only in the first second I guess!
Fragrance - It smells very sweet with a coconut vibe. Lasting power is pretty decent and projects veeeery well in the first 2 hours.
It has the Original Joop! Homme DNA in fact I feel like this is Joop! homme for younger guys. I can completely see a girl wearing it.
I'm a kind of bored with it since I have used it so much
I'd give this one 8,5 of 10!

tots_eminem
tots_eminem

this closer to esprit connect for us than to 1 million. This smell really amazing and long lasting.

KyleN
KyleN

I don't find this similar to 1 Million at all, its what you can expect from a Joop fragrance though, it has a sweet candy vibe to it. I like 1 Million but i'm not a huge fan of this, try before you buy.

Gazo30
Gazo30

to be completely honest this smells like Lynx/Axe Exite, now thats not a bad thing at all as thats a pretty good spray, but i do feel as this is so similar its not really worth spending out on when you could find something better for the same money. now i love joop, ive owned every variation of joop over the years but this one is just too similar to Lynx/Axe for my liking.

Try it & Compare them!!

neilvizuett

Ok, this is my second review, and I had to write it, because in my last review I didn´t say something very nice about this fragrance, but this fragrance certainly is good. I gave it another try, since I just tried it once. And since I bought it, I thought I should at least use it to make that money count, but my surprise was that I really liked it, actually, I loved it, I loved the great projection and longevity, and loved the scent too. It is sweet, and lovely, not precisely for a bad guy in my opinion, but instead, for an adventurer-womanizer-lover, it is sweet and fresh at the same time.

kaysee
kaysee

I do get it when people say it reminds them of 1 million, but that's just during the first 2 minutes.
IMO it's way better.
When I'm wearing it, I feel like I smell like a cocktail, like Malibu to be precise.
Longevity is really good and projection as well.
It's for night time deffo.

P.S. Spray some coconut perfume from the body shop before u wear this one, for a more summery vibe. (not too much tho, u don't want it to be sickening).

headofstate
headofstate

As fresh and Caribbean as an oriental fougere can get. Joop! Homme Wild is a refreshing and subdued blast of rum and a couple of other citrusy mixed drinks blended with quite an attractive organic pink pepper note that will transport even the most depressed and down-trodden winter bluesman away from those northern latitudes and into the lively, warming tropics with just a couple of sprays. Went into this with no preconceived notions despite the packaging giving off a bit of an Ed Hardy meets Joop! Homme vibe; found it at Walmart on clearance for $17 while on an American road-trip on Valentine's Day and haven't stopped enjoying it since.
Scroll a bit down the screen and check out the review by karlovonamesti; it's definitive and summarizes everything that makes this good. Longevity for me is around 7-9 hours on average with projection rather moderate. Very versatile for an oriental, it's subtle enough to be worn even at work and fits the bill for any weather except extreme heat. The dry-down has a different kind of tobacco vibe (white tobacco) mixed with a sweet vanilla pudding than almost everything else on the market; giving Joop! Homme Wild a really unique and earthy yet sweet smell underneath that makes this a true winner for anyone looking for something a bit different that doesn't demand attention or shout as loud as 1 Million.

neilvizuett

It´s wierd. I like very sweet and androgynous fragrances, and they rarely turn cloying to me. I love 1 Million, for example. But I was very disappointed with Joop Wild. It is just too obvious. I was expecting something more interesting. But it is just too direct, so, it makes me lose interest quickly and bores me. Smells like marshmallows and rum. I mean, it doesn´t smell bad, maybe I just had high expectations. This scent, IMO, it´s not androgynous, it´s plain femenine, I mean, nothing wrong with that, but you could get the same effect, IMO, choosing a nice bottle of those body splashes girls wear. I like it, and I´ll wear it to smell nice adn sweet, but it´s nothing special to me.

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

Basically what you get is rum and coconut, and if you've ever smelt the drink "Malibu"then you sort of already know how this smells,,just throw in a bit of tobacco and pink pepper.
I like to think of this as a night time version of creeds virgin island water,just loving the coconut and rum vibe, a truly great frag for the price.
I get a solid ten hours with decent silage..8 outta 10..

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Joop! Wild Homme is good, but only good, sadly... not based on the composition or because Joop! Fragrances have a fairly descent quality and fancy my likings in a perfume house, but because this reminds me scarily of Versace Eros, and that`s one fragrance outside of Liz Claiborne`s Curve that repulses my senses, almost making me nautious. It was a blind buy, which I always enjoy taking that gamble, because sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you win big, and sometimes you lose hard... like with Joop! Wild Homme. The composition is very monotone never really changing, but only slightly becoming a tad softer during the drydown with basically Blonde Tobacco and a sickening synthetic boozines that to me is far from Rum, but more that of a liqueur or schnapps which I cannot place my finger on, and along with this olfactory headache overload, there`s a nasty screeching of Versace Eros floationg about at all times in the background, and that Eros... grody! It just stinks of cheap quality and absolutely no taste. There are a lot of other notes in this mix besides what`s in the pyrimid listed here, and I honestly don't even think that that`s correct to begin with, because I get Violet, but synthetic, and as for the flacon... awesome colour, cool cap, but that skull? It just doesn`t fit, and the only `bad guy` idea this is projecting is that that `bad guy` has bad taste in fragrances. Harvey Newton-Haydon is a beautiful male model for the face of Joop! Wild Homme, but I think that's where Joop! screwed up... they went too commercial.

zararbutt
zararbutt

Bought 75 ML bottle online from Perfume Shop. Sort of blind and risky buy considering that i am not a big fan of original Joop gener. Got my bottle today and here I am.

Woooof this is absolutely wonderful the boozy note is so mysterious it keeps you busy guessing what that is, like a sweet and mild hallucination which you really don't want to end and it goes through out till end.

Longevity is OK like 4 - 5 hours on me but not like it's predecessor original Joop.

Jwaks
Jwaks

My first review, now gone, undeservedly put down this fragrance for smelling incredibly candied and synthetic. After sampling a few other similar fragrances, I've come to enjoy this one. Candied violets, ripe dark berry jam, booz, hints of coconut flesh, pink pepper, sandalwood and blonde cigar wrapper. It smells a bit like one of those super expensive fruity drinks your date would order. This would be fantastic at nearly any price point. Some fragrance affianados might peg this as synthetic. Others smelling it on you won't care when they compliment your scent. Youthful, sweet and democratic, it's Joop homme for modern man. Every young to middle aged guy should own a bottle.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I can't say I agree with the stated notes list. I'm going to ignore it and just go with what my nose is telling me - this fragrance is terrific. It's better than Joop! Jump, although not by a whole lot, and it's much better than the original Joop! Homme. Wild comes in a massive purple glass bottle with embossed lettering and a matte grey speckled cap, an interesting clue to the nature of the scent, specifically in the color choice. There are ionones listed on the back of the box, and indeed this smells like a candied violet scent, with a generous splash of pineapple schnapps across the top (with the faintest touch of salty lavender under the fruit), followed by jasmine and violet, violet, and more violet, plus a heaping spoonful of sugar. What prevents it from smelling like a Choward's mint is the great big coumarin note in the heart, which rests atop a couple of sweet musks. Fresh, sweet, floral, and stunning in its power and reach, Joop! Homme Wild is a triumph of contemporary perfumery. It manages to adopt an old-fashioned pincushion Victorian violet water and turn it into a fresh fougere, replete with lavender, coumarin, and musk. Maybe the first feminine fougere I've encountered, at least in a long time. It's a little trashy (in a good way), and smells rather "neon" in its sweetness, but it's good. Full marks to Joop! for continuing to knock my socks off.

RobbieX

Just bought this. A long lasting dark rum coconut fragrance with nice spices and mild tobacco. Unique character and really nice with a good sillage. The final dry-down is similar to the smell of Malibu liqueur. Love Homme Wild.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Then go for Versace Eros if you think this one is divine. It's truly good!
Both posses similar characteristics, at the end both are just as good.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

To all you guys out there who have been thinking about blind purchasing Joop! Homme Wild I can only say: "Go for it!! Don't hesitate!"
WARNING: This will make the ladies wanna eat you up *wink wink*
Smells really sweet, boozy & delicious!
This is also a wonderful choice for the ladies out there as it's quite unisex.
Any sweet gourmand lover, male or female will probably enjoy this one a lot!
This is one devilish 'good' fragrance!!! Mm.. mm.. mm!!!
♥♥♥♥♥

zaetown
zaetown

Inhale, slooowly exhale is what this frgrances makes me do everytime I smell it, the wifey loves it as well making it a plus. This performs awsomely on me a good 10 hrs or so, yes!

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Very warm,sensual,spicy, sweet and tropical. top notes remind me of D&G the one or maybe 1 million..If you like armani code, d&g the one, 1 million or Ch from Carolina herrrara..then you'll like this! I smell the rum throughout top and bottom notes..smells tropical to me but i don't get any coconut or pina colada out of this. .just a boozy vibe like rum and coke drink...YUM!!...definitely try it out!

danakin81

So my wife bought a soap from bath and body works called scarlet pumpkin and it smell's identical to Joop! wild. I only get maybe 4 hours on my skin which sucks cause I like the smell. I spray maybe 10 sprays on me yesterday and within 6 hours It is all but gone. I have black seduction and it last 24 hrs on me, I bought it for 8 bucks. Even after doing the dishes black seduction was still on my wrist. I wish Joop wild lasted that long.

danakin81

I just picked up a 4.2 oz of this for $35 bucks, which is a great price. First spray I thought of Axe excite and after about thirty minutes It reminded me of Chrome Legend. Not as sweet as chrome legend but they do smell alike, The rum in this smells like Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay. The smell is very relaxing and not offensive at all. I never smelled the original Joop so I cant compare the two. I also smell incense in this, maybe it is the rum and woodsy notes together. This was a blind buy and I am very happy with it. Dry down is like drinking parrot bay while sitting in front of a fireplace and the fire has died down and about to go out. Give it a try.

Valfar
Valfar

I really enjoy this one. Much more better the original Joop! Homme. Smells exactly like Pina Colada. If you like Pina Colada, you gonna love the smell of this. Rum and coconut is all you get from this one. This is perfect for a night out in a club.

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

A sexier modern take on dad's overused classic lol... im surprised and excited because even though the original could be worn by women for its warmth and sweetness, I always felt slightly intimidated when wearing it (I only use one spray of it and thats with my hand held as far as it can physically go). Not with Wild however, its got the strength and sweetness of Homme yet much more suited to a modern day scene. It is extremely sexy and unisex, I just love it. I'm surprised coconut isn't listed in the notes because that is the main thing I can smell in this. It also smells a lot like the purple Lynx body spray which is kind of disappointing. You don't want to go to the effort of buying a yummy perfume to get it mistaken for a $5 spray. Still delicious, though!

RobbieX

Just tried once. Seems to be a spicy, pleasant scent with a rum and coconut dry down. It's really nice. Different too!

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

It's all rum and wood with a hint of pepper on me. Quality juice that goes 6+ hours. Highly recommended, a solid addition to my rotation.

andgac16

Yes there is a coconut feeling which is created by a fig note which is very similar to original john varvatos.

Theodor Buckland
Theodor Buckland

Does anyone else besides me get a coconut vibe from time to time?

Merclex
Merclex

I got this a few months back and is nice but don't last long. But then I got Christian dior homme intense and not really using it that often, will do use it again tho as it is nice.

ThePerfumeGuy
ThePerfumeGuy

This is one of my favourite colognes. It is very similar to the original Joop but I think it fits with the 'wild' name by being a much darker version.

The rum note is without a doubt the most noticeable and in my opinion there isn't really much of a dry down, what you get when you spray on initially is what you have at the end of the fragrance, a spicy and sweet rum scent.

For fans of the original Joop I would recommend this, it's something slightly different to the original whilst not being a complete change.

It kind of smells like the dry down of the original straight away, that was definitely my first thought but then after wearing it I've picked up on the differences.

Tuzara
Tuzara

Smells nice in the beginning, and suddenly pepper.

Pepper, spice and everything non-nice.

Unwearable spice. Do not blind buy this.

Jack's Creation
Jack's Creation

Bubble gum and grapefruit for about three hours and that's all she wrote. Lighter and more wearable than the original Joop! ( which will haunt you for days); whilst sharing much of it's essential, iconic DNA.

Not unpleasant and possibly fantastic if you are fifteen (and not an Emo).

Kind of enjoyed it.

EnchantedForestLover
EnchantedForestLover

maybe WILD isn't the best adjective to describe this fragrance...but it sure is delicious. this fragrance has a sweetness and depth to it that ,although inoffensive, is quite noticeable and lovely to perceive. the longevity and projection are also pretty good i get a decent 5-6 hours and it is a really big compliment getter. all and all i would recommend at least a try because it is really worth the price tag.

jornandez
jornandez

Este perfume lo probe ayer en un tester de una perfumeria y me gusto muchisimo ya que se me parecio una version mejorada entre 1 Million y 212 VIP, con una alta perdurabilidad y proyeccion.
------------------------------------------------------
This perfume as a tester yesterday testee of a perfume and I loved it because it seemed like a better version between 1 Million and 212 VIP, with high durability and projection.

This is growing on me.

I bought Joop! Homme Wild due to the fact it was on offer and my girlfriend loved it. It's sweet, boozy and warming: a projection monster without the overpowering aggression of it's stable-mate, the original Joop! Homme, 23 years its senior.

At first I was convinced J!HW was a tad generic and nondescript; I didn't immediately get the rum and I was worried that I'd struggle to tell it apart from other fragrances from sniffing alone. While it remains a youthful 'crowd-pleaser' in my estimation, I have learned to appreciate the rich, sensual interplay of the notes that make up Wolfgang Joop's latest offering.

There's no mention of it in the note descriptions I've found online, but I get a little creamy vanilla in the finish. That said, I'm no expert and others are probably far more accurate when they describe it as soft woods and sweet tobacco.

Sillage and Longevity are impressive.

gzalvares
gzalvares

In the first moments that reminded me of blackcurrant syrup!! A good fruity output, following sweet rum and pepper, surely has more notes than those listed. A semi-gourmand, which is not unique but it stands out among the consacrated 212 VIP and ONE MILLION.

nmartell
nmartell

This is in my opinion the best out of the Joop family in recent years. The top notes are actually quite nice without being overbearing like the original. The pepper and rum absolutely do stick out the most. The drydown is quite simple, smelling mostly like vanilla with a hint of the tobacco they mention. Overspraying with this one is not an issue like the original. Longevity is decent, as is the sillage. A great addition to the Joop family.

Bobster
Bobster

If you refer to my review of the original Joop then you will see how much I love the dry down of the original. The top is harsh but if you wait for the dry down it's heaven.I am excited to tell you that Wild took the dry down of the original and made it it's prominent note. Upon first application you get Joop jump another favorite of mine but only last a few minutes. From the middle to the base you get that very original joop dry down feel and it is awesome. It still has that Joop feel but it's miles apart from the original. This is not as strong as the original and it's tone down a lot but not too much. I would say the projection is average but where this really shines is in the longevity. I get at least 8 hrs out of it. I know this may sound extreme but if you really want this scent to shine on you I would say to every spray you add two more. I have tried this and it really came alive and its not real strong so it doesn't become cloying. If you were not a fan of the original def give this a try. I think you might just like it.

Msanders7
Msanders7

When first sprayed:
"Hmm I smell the pepper and rum. This is kind of one dimensional."

After 5 minutes:
"Sweet scent really comes out and brings it all together. I really like this cologne."

30+ Minutes:
"Woody almost smokey fragrance mixed with the original sweet scent. Floral musk. This just made my top 5.. Maybe my favorite of all time."

After working out:
"When mixed with my bodies natural aroma and heat this cologne smells absolutely amazing. On top of that, I didn't sweat it off, it stayed with me even stronger. This is hands down my new favorite scent."

voodoodanny

Rich, sweet, sexy, innofensive! There's not a lot to dislike about this; it's not nearly as wild and daring as it thinks it is.

instantjim
instantjim

I am one of those people who detest Joop Homme! but love Jooop!Homme Wild. The sweetness, booziness and spiciness are balanced very well. To me it is quite reminiscent of cK One Shock, though stronger and longer lasting.

Omega Man
Omega Man

This is very good quality and well worth the money if you like this sort of thing. It's a modern sweet scent with rude projection and great longevity. Starts off as a very sweet cherry cough drop mixed with caramel, some spice and a hint of wood. Hours later it dries to a marshmallow cream base. Best suited for young guys or the young at heart.

andgac16

Fabio Conde speaks the truth! I was going to write a review for this as I found it quite simple fragrance yet very pleasant but it would just repeat EXACTLY what he wrote.

Instead as a side note, I am sure those who enjoyed Joop Homme original version will check this one out but those who did not like it give it a sniff because I did not like Joop Homme but like this one.

In terms of performance I get excellent/beast mode longevity and very nice projection from this. As for the purpose I use this mainly during nights out and in colder weather.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Wild, good nickname for this fragrance.
Not unique, but Joop hit to enter this trade war (1 Million, 212 VIP..) opens with a chord fruity, not sure exactly which fruit, but reminds me a blackberry.
Shortly after the pepper comes with rum or liqueur, this combination gives me the feeling of cherry liqueur or blackberry, something like that. Continuing along I feel one step behind smoky, tobacco subtly, perhaps along the lines of this tobacco on Versace Dreamer, quite liked.
  In drying the background reminds me something of 1 million, but much better, it seems the amber / leather but much more balanced and less synthetic, and together, something sweet, almost gourmand.
  Lovers of Silver Scent, 212 VIP, 1 Million, If I were you i would replace it with this one.

junior halston
junior halston

I get a rich rum and spice almost bring on a ghost like appearance of black fig.

Powerful rum note that reminds me of an affordable version of 1694 Farpin

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

Awesome scent. Opens with grapefruit and blackcurrant - the blackcurrant is somewhat similar to Enchanted Forest (the new frag released by Fragrantica) and the grapefruit is like that of Antidote (which in turn is similar to the grapefruit note in the opening of I Am King, actually. Not surprising it would share some similarities as Alienor Massenet was also the perfumer for Antidote - and all three frags are done by perfumers from IFF). This fades into a dark cherry/light grape/rum/light tobacco heart, with a hint of that 1 Million leather/suede note. There's a candy quality to it, yes, but also a masculine woodiness and spiciness. MUCH better than 1 Million. A hint of a cough drop note to the cherry, too (like in Pure Havane), but done in a very pleasant way.

The late drydown on me is all a light white leather/suede accord - the same leather note as featured in Bond Washington Square and Brooklyn.

A very nice, fun and playful scent with a nice balance of masculine and feminine qualities.

terreri
terreri

I've searched and searched for the rum notes but no joy........ blackberry/blueberry notes hit my nose most. I love the scent, kudos to JOOP! for bringing out a cracking "middle of the road" fragrance. If I may now take a little class away from this scent, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's almost (to me) identical to Lynx/Axe Excite!! In fact.....I tend to give a blast of the old Excite bodyspray in conjunction with the EDT of Wild, the two go together perfectly. Good longevity but I don't think anything will ever rival JOOP! Homme original

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

i have not ever tried it but the skull in the word "homme" is funny /comic :D ,

benthin
benthin

If u asked me I would say its a really lovely and sweet scent. Ur not gonnna like it if u don't like the smell of candies. I could also say that its gotan amazing longevity and projection. Applied it two days ago and I can still smell it now

Sharks2431
Sharks2431

Am not a big fan of modern sweet scents, but this one grown on me. Well done Joop! Defenitely in my top 5. Think this juice will become popular with 20-30 y.o. group. Great longevity and sillage. Would not reccomend more than 2 sprays as become very heavy!

Would score it 9 out of 10

scribs
scribs

ok, it doesn't happen very often where u see a fragrance online and KNOW right off the bat that u are going to love it. this was the case for me. i recently got this as a present and let me tell u it easily made its way on my top 5 list on the first spritz. Joop Wild is sweet, but not candy synthetic sweet, it is a nice light sweetness with depth and it is very masculine as well. for me, the initial burst is actually very woody and full of white tobacco , as it dries a bit after like 10 minutes the tobacco keeps going strong and thats where you can really feel the rum take its role as the main ingredient. as it finally dies out u get a rich sandalwood finish. the longevity is also insane i get about 9-10 hours on this and it projects super well, it can fill up a room. i give this one a 9.5 o.o. 10

harlemmal
harlemmal

I agree with others, you can definitely smell the rum. Within 4 hours it does get close to skin but it smells like givenchy play intense to me instead of guess seductive. Either way its a great sweet scent that will get you compliments. Would recommended it to others

fergali
fergali

I have been wearing this fragrance for 3 days. It is a sweet fragrance for sure. First sprayed pink pepper and rum hits you, after that it settles down with woody notes and sweet tobacco. It is not the most original perfume but what i like about is it play games with me during the day..Sometimes i smell a lot of rum and pink pepper sometimes sweet tobacco or some woody notes..The longevity on my skin is 10 to 12 hrs..It gets close to skin after 4 hours. I will buy another bottle of this.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A rum frag which could easily be mistaken for blackcurrant, mild frag which is comforting and young, and worthy of a purchase..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -2 mins - Not sure, blackcurrant, mid-mature

2 mins - 2.5 hours. 1 foot projection. Great stuff, calms down and becomes more young, ages 26 - 32. Rum is prominent of course, though could easily be mistaken for blackcurrant. Superb and well crafted, like a young Jack Sparrow....

2.5 hours - 3.5 hours - 6 inch projection. Linear and lovely

3.5 hours - 4.5 hours. 1.5 inch projection

4.5 hours - 5.5 hours. Close to skin

The 1st 3 hours project really well then it dies, bring out an EDP and extend the projection lifetime.

I recommend a 30 ML purchase as it is well worth owning just once. I won't repurchase myself when I finish my bottle but it is really good nonetheless.

For some reason I am thinking of the Pirates of the Caribean ride in Euro Disney- well cool, dark and mysterious, undergound water adventure in mostly dark surroundings with dim lights and mystery, and what made it special was the humidity!

Good

texmich
texmich

Just blind bought this, because it seemed like something i could add for a night out at the bar scent. To me get a very similar scent of guess homme seductive, its very sweet with a lil spice. Its like a candy that fell in some liquor, which I like it alot think the rum gives it that different smell from guess, but very nice to have on if u getting close and shes feeling good at the bar, u gonna get some! Definitely the newest member to the guess seductive,1 million,playboy vip and pure malt family, Good stuff. Haters gonna hate!

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Joop wild homme is quite intense fragracne with great projection but unfortunately longevity is not that good.
Its not purely masculine as it comes in a category of tom ford black orchid but Black orchid is of different class not comparable to it.
Joop wild is sweet/floral with woody undertones, bit synthetic.
After saying all this I still think to me its very good and appealing fragrance and definitely on my wish list.
Nothing particular about bottle and packaging.

I give it 8 out of 10.

Kendall

@bronstein u have it wrong my friend we all wear fragrances for some type of compliment or universal appeal. I don't just wear fragrances to get compliments but the fragrances I do own get alot of high praise by the opposite gender. Now my sexiness alone gets compliments but at the same time is also nice to hear "and omg you always smell so , why others can't smell as good as you do" that let's me know that I'm picking fragrances that is pleasant to the nose and inoffensive to most people. So all in all people can wear their fragrance for any purpose they choose.

bronstein
bronstein

Despite all the criticism that Joop deservedly gets these days for selling out, one must admit that they still manage to release some decent fragrances from time to time. I was actually quite surprised by this one: deep and masculine, yet nicely evolving. It's an adequate update for the 2010s of the classic Joop Homme.

@Kendall: To wear a scent is not about fishing for compliments. It's just pathetic to provoke comments from women and then even to rely on them.

Kendall

Black XS is very good as far as clubbing but I'd have to put wild a lil but above XS, it's just a lil more mature, and projects alot better and smells a tad bit better, that pink pepper, rum, and woods does wonders!

peterrr
peterrr

is the "bozzy-rum" accord silimar to the one in Burberry London??? Does it stay throughout the scent life?

And how does it compare is my go to club/party scent-
PacoRabane BlackXS?

Kendall

I really respect others opinions, but I've had a totally different experience wearing this, honestly females went ridiculous over this stuff last night, joop homme has nothing on joop wild! I've gotten two different responses wearing the two, wild had females wondering like "what is that u have on omg u smell so wonderful" the original most females say it's too strong or it smells old. Jump does smell good tho, but doesn't last long at all. I'm sure my two favorite joop fragrances are now wild and nightflight! I'm gotten the most compliments with these two joop frags!

kida2010
kida2010

Horrible! wish i'd never sprayed in on my jacket lol.
Just a typical new Joop, sweet and boring.
For the record i still love Joop Homme and Jump.

zelmu
zelmu

Booring, very booring. Not sexy or wild at all with average longevity and projection. Make yourself a favor and buy the original.

Kendall

Just received my 30 ml bottle today from Great Britain! I can a the similarities with 1 million, heck even guess seduction, but this I have to say is a sexier smell than 1 million, alot more boozy though. The rum note is very strong in the fragrance, sweet and sexy though and not overpowering! Projection is great however not enormously out there like 1 million, but you will be smelled from 6-8 feet! Longevity is CRAZY! I'm going on 8 hours and it's still going strong!

In conclusion I like this a lil better than 1 million, guess seduction and this are very great alternatives to 1 million. Joop wild lasts alot longer than seduction tho but they smell almost identical, joop having a lil more woodiness play throughout the fragrance! Can't go wrong with either of the 3!

Sillage: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

i think this is a lot better than 1 million

maxforti
maxforti

Where can it be purchased in the US??? Is it out yet???

Kendall

Can anyone let me know the date that this comes to the US

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Just got this delievered today,and i have to say that if someone dislikes the original joop then i think he will love this.It didnt have a huge impact on me as the original joop homme but it is still a very good one.It just has a more mainstream smell.And i cant believe people are comparing this to 1 million.No similarities at all.Longetivity is pretty good and on par with the original.i think guys who find the original joop wow thn i dont think tht one will please them well...Anyway its still a very good frag
Overall smell 7/10 cause i think it has a mainstream smell but its still among my good one frags

tna11

i got this and first spray on my wrist i smell 1 million and i find joop wild is better n cheaper than 1 million so if u like 1million i think u will like this one

J J GRIFFIN
J J GRIFFIN

I tried this fragrance today, it's not bad it has a very sweet smell.It Reminded me of the drink Disaronno

Is this even out yet? I thought is comes out sept19

palmtree
palmtree

way too sweet and cant pick out any tobacco. disappointing

jandajohn
jandajohn

amazing scent, great longevity on my skin and good sillage. imo not only a night-out scent, way more versatile than 1 million. so to all of you guys who are also hating that everybody seems to own 1 million, pray that this stuff wont be as popular (just saw an ad in german television)

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

The first time I tried the original Joop Homme, I felt like running out of the Douglas perfumery as fast as possible, and anyone doning it would be smelt three miles away, but unfortunatley not a pleasant scent, atleast not for me. Its very loud and versatile, and reminds me of some granny scent or what someone I know once said "cheap scent for pimps" lol, nothin I want to have, even if someone paid me to put in on. Its flankers kept on getting better though, so I´m pleased to say that this is the ONLY Joop Homme Flanker I will ever put on to date, its sweet, woody and the rum comes off really good, kinda like in Guerlain Homme Intense I think. I have heard so many people likening this with Thierry Muglers Pure Havana & Malt, and I find that blasphemy. People shouldnt get over themselves. BUT I see this giving Paca Rabane´s 1 Million a run for the money when it comes to club scents, coz this ladies and gentlemen is made for the NIGHTS out. Longevity and silage are wonderful, cant go wrong there, although 1 Million still tops it if you ask me. Anyway, finally something I can put on from Joop! Good stuff. Give a try, you wont be disappointed.

Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! 4.08 out of 5 based on 318 ratings and 85 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Joop! Joop! Homme Wild fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Joop! Joop! Homme Wild, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Joop! Homme Wild by Joop!. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.