Designers » I-K » Oriental « Groups

Nightflight Joop! for men

Nightflight Joop! for men
dislike

Nightflight by Joop! is a Oriental fragrance for men. Nightflight was launched in 1992. Top notes are pineapple, lavender, green notes, juniper, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are almond, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, rose, brazilian rosewood and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber and musk.

Pineapple Lavender Green Notes Juniper Bergamot Lemon

Almond Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Brazilian Rosewood Geranium

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Musk

Jaguar
Sunrise Men

Nightflight Fragrance Reviews

Cassiano
Cassiano

In 1992, this fragrance came to the market to conquer men who didn’t surrender to the aroma and the success of Joop! Homme, from 1989. And it was necessary to abandon the sweet and nighttime aspect and go for something more light and daytime, which could suit the taste of all, usually called for us as a wildcard fragrance. Arose, then, another success of Joop! brand, with greater acceptance and keeping the same quality.

In my opinion, they just missed in the name. Nightflight should have been called Dayflight, focusing on the idea of a more versatile and daytime fragrance. But let's get down to business!

It consists of output notes of pineapple, bergamot, lemon and a touch of coriander. The heart features a masculine floral of jasmine, Lily of the Valley (muguet), rosewood, geranium, roses and almonds. At the bottom, denser notes of sandalwood, amber, musk and tonka bean.

The result is an initial citrus aroma, which lasts for a long time, taking into consideration that this accord is more volatile and is at the top of the olfactory pyramid. After about 40 minutes, the floral heart appears, almost out of nowhere, overlapping the citric side and changing the fragrance completely. It is, without a doubt, the big secret of this creation, with emphasis on the notes of jasmine, geranium and almonds. So, when you think that has nothing more to come, the Sandalwood joins the tonka bean and a smooth and creamy base sticks to the skin, like a protective layer, which gives the impression of a fresh and hydrated skin.

Nightflight shows a totally opposite side of the standard Joop! man. And although it is far from being a bomb like its predecessor, has good projection and high durability.

RAG1987
RAG1987

Love this little gem, I blind bought a 30ml bottle last year and although it does smell a bit synthetic it still smells good and it last. It is different from other fragrances and it is a shame that it is discontinued. I have bought a 75ml bottle and I will keep buying this as there seems to be a lot of them going around on eBay still.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

I got it today blind in a very affordable price and I am very happy that I did. I would like to thank all the reviewers here that I based on. All I can say is that I loved this from the very first sniff. I can characterize it as an aromatic fougere and not as oriental one. Ok it is a bit synthetic but very acceptable and interesring creation by joop!. I thing one of the best of this house that will get many compliments from people around. It is very versatile and can be worn any time any season.
If I could use one word to describe it I would use the word"extrovert" but I will have the opportunity to check it better because I have it only a few time on my wrist but I have a sense that this flight will be very pleasant,long and daring!!!

Guapo
Guapo

A bit cloying...

mjunio14
mjunio14

Perfume muito bom, bem agradável. Meu irmão tem um frasco de 75 ml e peguei emprestado com ele pra fazer um full.

Bom, usei em um dia de outono para trabalhar, temperatura na casa dos 22 graus, sem sol. Dei 3 borrifadas, mais que isso é suicidio rsrs No início ele é bem agradável, mas depois de umas 2 horas começa a ficar um pouco doce demais. Confesso que é um doce até gostoso, mas que enjoa um pouco. No fim da tarde não estava mais aguentando sentir aquele cheirinho doce. Acho íncrivel as pessoas o colocarem como perfume de dia a dia do verão, nunca o usarei assim. Pra mim é um perfume para as noites de primavera, outono e inverno ou até mesmo pra sair no fim da tarde, ir na casa da namorada, festas e etc. Trabalhar sentindo esse cheiro o tempo inteiro nao me agradou. Projeta demais e fixa muito. Mesmo tomando banho no fim do dia era notável a presença do perfume, não sai da pele de maneira alguma.

Se eu teria um? Concerteza, mas o usaria somente para fim de tarde/noite :D

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

4 from 5 - 94P - herbal spearmint - Joop made two interesting synthetic fragrances in the early 90ies. Nightflight is the best. A synthesis of intensity and easiness, sweet herbs, some fir, spearmint, and again sweet spice. Quite loud but not disturbing. Really a popular fragrance which merits its popularity.

lovetribe
lovetribe

ideal for summer and spring night..ok is sintetic but is very clean and sexy.good longevity ald sillage.soapy lavander,fruity,sweet and fresh.

kaysee
kaysee

well...
During the first 10 minutes it reminds me of Bijan Nude.
During the dry down I get this plastic note that I cannot stand... :(
Probably not compatible with my skin.

Too bad coz I got the 125ml bottle and don't know what to do with it!

UPDATE:
ok, i gave this another try (a less biased one).
It's not that special. Ok, wait for the dry down, which is really good.
But longevity is not that good.
I still kinda smell the 'plastic' note.

I guess I'll use it as a room scent? Or for the gym?

valantis
valantis

just wait for the drydown,nothing else.

Nick M
Nick M

This is the scent which planted the seed for Mont Blanc Legend and A&F Fierce, although it's nowhere near as bold. Considering how solid those two fragrances are, I'm surprised Nightflight is not more well known; perhaps it was just ahead of its time.

I'll admit I had some Joop! prejudice before buying, but seeing all these positive reviews made me think twice. The initial blast is a touch alcoholic, but don't worry as it will settle down quickly and become everything you hoped.

agonista
agonista

Really good, strong - projection and superb longevity perfumes.Clean aroma, but "decorates" some fruits , spicy which makes it markedly oriental, too. This is the unique aroma scent for sure, with the pinch of warm summer night, romanticism and high jinks...
.......
8,5/10

....and women like it a lot- i'ts checked..:-)

RobbieX
RobbieX

Nightflight is very nice. A really clean, fresh, fruity, soapy scent. Reminds me a little of GBH Wings. It has some facets that evolve and emerge over time on your skin. Starts with fruits, bubblegum and lavender - emtremely zesty, sharp and fresh, but I have to say, a bit synthetic. A little later the pineapple comes forward a little - still stays fresh and clean. After a while, I start to smell almonds with fruit - this phase is quite subtle but still very nice. A little later I'm sure I can smell a little licorice mixed in there. All the time it smells great though. Longevity and sillage are only moderate - but the sillage itself is really gorgeous and attention grabbing. Nightflight is a well blended fragrance and it's strangely good.

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

I'm not going to lie - this is not a scent that is popular, known about, or that unanimously gets off- the-chart reviews every single time, but I've had a soft spot for it ever since the mid nineties, when I discovered it.
There is only 1 other person I have ever smelt it on, and that's the guy from whom I caught my fist whiff of this fragrance. This friend was kind enough to tell me what it is he wore, and I must have gone through at least 6 large bottles of this on and off since '95.
To me, it has a very enticing dry down. If I could put an image to this, its the guy who knows he's handsome but is at once super humble. Never flaunting himself, he's genuine, warm and inviting and women like him not because he's handsome, but because there's something they just cannot figure out about him. He is curiously interesting. That is Nightflight to me. Now I'm straight as an arrow, but when I caught a whiff of this scent on my buddy all those years ago (we played competitive football together), that's exactly how I felt.... about him! I don't know whether he continued wearing this, but I certainly did. Growing up, Joop Nightlfight was one of my favourites. Last thing - I've worn and do wear scents that cost far more than this one and that have the respect of the entire world, but the truth - if I'm honest, is that no other fragrance has garnered me more compliments and interest than this one, but I never tell people what it is I'm wearing...I guess that's the Nightlfight guy in me.

3/5 Good

Casquinho
Casquinho

I really enjoy this, very fresh and fruity, perfect for summer

Sing_Rich
Sing_Rich

This was a blind buy for me, and I found it extremely disappointing. I can't detect any pineapple note whatsoever, and as other reviewers have mentioned it's extremely soapy. Basically, it smells like soap/laundry detergent. After wearing this I've asked a few people for their opinion, and nobody has liked it. I'm inclined to agree with their assessment. I find it to be an extremely simple, linear scent, lacking the complexity and detail of fragrances from the likes of Armani. Of course for the price this is to be expected to some degree, but I think one can do much better even taking this into account. It's (relatively) cheap, and smells like a cheap perfume. Joop Homme on the other hand.... if you want Joop, thats the way to go.

MassiveHorse5
MassiveHorse5

I blind ordered Joop! Nightflight. I am not by any means an expert, I might have had 8 colognes in my 19 years, but I do wish to share my experience. I loved it. It smells fresh and strong. It smells lusty in a classy way. Highly recommended. Masculine in a gentle way. Great for the cheap price. It is definitely a Summer scent, but I'm not sure whether it is a day or night cologne. I will update in a few days to comment on longevity, key scents, time of day, and sillage.

I found that is very long lasting! Especially on clothes. It is very strong a overwhelming at first but within 20min. it calms down and the sillage is just right.

michael.j
michael.j

I get no pineapple. Just lots of sourness. Very, very sour. I wish I could smell the pineapple because the high-pitched citrus really needs some tempering. Not a bad fragrance, though. Has impressive staying power for a "fresh" number. I'll bet this stuff was a welcome departure from the 80s powerhouses when it came out in '92. It smells like 1992.

tati26
tati26

Smells just like soap-powder, especialy in the dry down..

ahmedabbadi
ahmedabbadi

well it's kind of clean smell scent , that you want to smell again and again and never get enough , long last , shows up when i'm in my car with air-condition on and in closed places

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

If this thing had tobacco then its name gonna be versace dreamer.I can see now where versace took his inspiration from to make the dreamer,not only the dreamer but ALL modern aromatic frags took inspiration from the king nightflight.Overall dreamer + sculpture=Nightflight
Nightflight opens with a HUUUUGE on your face pineapple/Lemon combo which i found it ultra strong,thick,soapy,fresh and kinda too much.Not bad but this one is a citrus bomb.In the drydown it shows its sweet romantic base which for me is the best stage from nightflight more similar to sculpture...
The whole picture i get from nightflight is this:Sitting naked in a pier hugging your loved one,gazing at the endless sea under the moonlight...Perfect feeling.

Scent:7/10
Longetivity:7/10 A solid 8 hour scent
Projection:7/10

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Always found this one to be a bit fizzy, powdery and weird. Very potent and unique.

gd15329
gd15329

A bit synthetic. Very pleasant and fresh but not watered down - strong but not as strong as joop homme.
Not your number 1 fragrance, but a very good and masculine choice. A must have, there is nothing like it.
The dry down is amazingly good and kind of sweeter than the opening...which will make your nose tingle.

--G.D. 19/3/2013

John_John
John_John

A bit generic. Very pleasant and fresh but not watered down. If you are funny looking this may change someone's opinion for the better.
Really makes a good impression.

hollyms
hollyms

Definitely unique, and I really like it on a man but not my favorite. Kind of smell super clean and fresh, like you just bathed in water of the Bahamas haha

Jay88
Jay88

Clean, Fresh, Fruity. The pineapple note is very strong. It is slightly powdery. Best used on hot summer days - it has a very cooling effect.

This is nice, just nice though.

I have better fragrances in my collection, however for reasons I don't understand this gets so much more attention and compliments!

I don't really get the cool water comparisons tbh - they are really not that similar.

Mosschops
Mosschops

"Jesus-Mother-Of...!" This one is POWERFUL masculine scent, with silage that is akin to a foreign military incursion, being as undiplomatic and intrusive. Best used for nightime wear. A nice fragrance, with an exceedingly impressive longevity, but use in moderation.

Jackfusion

This perfume is a fresh bombshell to day. Very fresh, citrus and a classic vibe 80s. Feeling mega power projection cleaning and fixing very good. Opens with pineapple and lots of lavender (zest) and a lemon tart well, gradually fragrance is slightly sweet, but sweet tone is a very discreet. Cai well on hot days. I disagree with Fragrantica citing Accord sweet as predominant. Who sees his olfactory pyramid containing almond, tonka bean, musk and amber can imagine that it is a perfume with an evolution rather oriental and sweet, but there's nothing like that not even in the drydown that sweetness is well contained. The tone remains clean all the time. I think until the floral notes are more apparent than the eastern.

Just as a caveat I note Lavanda be concise and be present at all stages, but it is a pleasant perfume and another good alternative to escape the water.

Earned several accolades female. He rolled up the comment: Scent of a man!

Scent: note 8.5 (synthetic fragrance, but quality. Anyway lavender can bother a bit for some);
Longevity: note 9.5 (12 hours, great for a perfume for hot days);
Projection: note 8.5 (projected well in first 3 hours, is all the time you smelled the perfume. Accommodation olfactory Nothing here in);
Versatility: note 8.5 (there are more options recommended to party, but do not think I do not at night);
Age: 30 years or more (because of the vibe 80s).

jade blades
jade blades

my favorite for summer and spring. Powerful essence.

A quick sampling on cloth and my impression is that this has a Joop! Homme type base, though not as strong, with an Eternity for Men/Cool Water aspect to the opening. Thought it doesn't smell entirely natural it doesn't smell outright synthetic (I largely avoided the top notes). I think I like it but I'll have to give it a normal wearing and report back.

Jackfusion

It was a very quick test in a store. Interestingly this fragrance, a pump fresh smell of soap and classical, bathed and with a projection beast, feel the fragrance almost a meter away from the wrist. Buy, a perfume although I feel more dated.

dezaval
dezaval

It's a summer perfume. Really nice one. In my opinion, it's a rather unisex and a girl could wear it. So, I wore it back in 1997 and I really like it. Last summer, I bought it for my husband, but he doesn' like it. He thinks it too sweet. Yes, I agree. But I would like him to wear it. Why should't men wear sweet perfumes? We girls like them even on men!

Dreamer81
Dreamer81

Joop Nightflight starts with huge blast of synthetic citrus/pineapple combo that will very likely make you sneeze if you overapply or spray close to your nose. At this stage it smells classic and has 80s soapy vibe. Fortunately over time bright citrus fades away and what remains is nice semi sweet fruity floral scent that lingers around and make you think about stars in the dark sky.

Sillage is huge for like first 2 hours, then it became skin scent. I prefer it during cold weather or when I am walking outside. It may be also nice summer party scent and is available rather cheap.

Overall 6.5/10 from me.

6 Above average
5 Average

stayclose
stayclose

Steps out at night with out a care ready to take Youto a higher altitude.

oxm
oxm

Joop Nightflight is less extravagant than his brother Joop Homme, the rough opening is like gunpowder, the herbs are pungent fragrance, but this time asking to be loved, even the heart exudes sparingly delicate notes of flowers (jasmine is to be applauded) but after about an hour I can see what is to become the bottom, a fantastic experience made of wood and resins that have something mystical, just wait a while and this wonder is very difficult to forget.
Joop on this occasion left clothes playful and seductive Joop Homme and inserting a new dress and mysterious, manly, uncompromising
and unconventional.
Patience will be rewarded

Kendall
Kendall

This cologne is very very fresh, like a clean lemon, pineapple, lavender tide detergent. Smells very good tho. For some reason it doesn't last very long like 4 to 5 hours maybe. Its a must try though! Try before buy because the longevity n projection is a lil weak to me....my rating on this is a: 7.5/10

MrMookie
MrMookie

Nightflight was my first "more expensive" buy in the early nineties, i loved the fragrance as i can still smell it in memory and as Couturegure says clear and wise, this scent is made in a era of remarkable ones instead of the mainstream scents nowadays.

Nightflight is in my opinon the grandmother of the Fruity Fresh and Spicy group as it starts clear and sweet but drops quickly into a deeper spicy one but in a very kind and sweet way (not sugarsweet)
When the deeper almond and tonka comes in making this one an odd one instead of the lineair aquatics from that area as coolwater.

I always thought this scent was meant for the more softer type of guys , guys who really care about women not just to get laid as players can do in the beginning.

Thumbs up for this classic one.

danielmventer

ZESTY LAVENDER...This is so classic and unique that I can`t even compare it to anything else in the oriental fresh classification zone. Typical fresh spicy 90`s scent. I would go so far as to say that this will be a great summers night signature fragrance.

God..it´s so wonderful...

danielmventer

ZESTY LAVENDER...This is so classic and unique that I can`t even compare it to anything else in the fresh zone. Typical fresh spicy 90`s scent. I would go so far as to say that this will be a great summers night signature fragrance.

smokva
smokva

I'm using it since it came out, almoast 20 years and it is still my favorite.
For me, it is scant perfection.

Heverton
Heverton

This one was a very good surprise, I wasn't expecting a fragrance that good.

Nightflight opens up with a citric note accompanied by lavender and an extremely synthetic combo that I couldn't identify.

In the drydown, pineapple, the star of this fragrance appears leaving a wonderful impression even being too synthetic, proving that a note doesn't need to be natural to smell good! Oh, that note is followed by floral notes too, but they aren't too strong, thanks god. Anyway, a very good bang for your buck, fragrance!

himank09

Oh my god! I love this!!!
Its like the best!
Everytime I spray it, I feel like I've dived in a fresh water sea! The opening is mesmerising!
Would recommend to one and all, age no bar!

The_Drake
The_Drake

This fragrance may not seem like much when you first apply it, but when the drydown kicks in Nightflight reveals its secrets.. And the secrets combined makes for one enchanting little fragrance.

Rilski
Rilski

for me : remarkable!

DaZeD
DaZeD

I like it but it's nothing really special imo.
In the beginning the smell is quite pungent but fades to a more subtle smell along the way, the sourness remains though.It's something you could wear on any average day, at work for example, for parties or dinners i'd wear something more sophisticated.I won't buy it again cause it lost my interest after 30ml. and i have still 70 to go. :)It's in the Paco Rabanne Black XS league for me just to scetch an idea.

himank09

OMG! You have to buy this!! Its amazing!
I was in love with it when I smelled it for the first time. I absolutely love it!
Its so fresh and aromatic. You'll love yourself whenever you'll smell this on you!

silentrich
silentrich

Very good sillage and longevity. If your looking for a fresh aromatic look no further. Don't judge this one on the opening. The dry down is money.

BamBamBaby
BamBamBaby

This is NOT an aquatic guys..... its a fresh aromatic scent and thats why it lasts so long.... those fresh aquatic scents fade away very fast....

This one is a BEAST !! Projects great, smells very fresh .. but also mysterious.......

If you are looking for your fresh scent- here it is.

Look no further.... Im telling you !

blandest
blandest

since I'm not an expert, all I can say it smells VERY BATH SOAPY, very strong longevity and extremely powerful scent , 3 sprays and people will notice it 50 meters away from you...

misiek_pl
misiek_pl

Amazing, my favorite fresh scent. I think it will become my signature scent. Longevity is about 10h on me.

Transapien
Transapien

I've got to say every time I spray this I think Lemon Pine-Sol. Granted it is more complex(and better) it kind of screams what you think might be sophistication but is too noisy to be sure. In essence it's a loud lemon squeezed on flowers stepped on a hardwood floor.

Although the dry down is very fresh on it's own I often use Nightflight in mixture with other fragrances as I feel it deserves more heart to it's sharp but refreshing brightness. In this way it can be useful that it's pretty straight forward.

varunpandey
varunpandey

Bought it blind, expected it to be great...disappointed a little but still its pretty nice...opening is very strong, drydown is nice...!!!

Joop! Nightflight will wake you up! Use it with caution! The scent opens with soapy lavender, zesty sharp lemon, mild juniper, and In-Your-Face pineapple!!!; making it strong and eye-opening! like smelling a washing detergent from concentrate. I avoid spraying this around my neck unless i pop some Tylenol beforehand. When the soapy zesty sharp lemony notes begin to mellow, The scent becomes nicer, refreshing and smooth. It's got a pinch of sweetness (probably from almond and Tonka bean), and something rosey try to shine thru, but the "detergent" scent is still there; lingering behind. I find it to be great for a hot summer night, with the right amount of dosage. Lasting power is pretty good too. It will stay with you for the whole flight.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

It's hard to describe how fresh and pleasant Nightflight really is, so you're just going to have to spill a measly $20.00 to find out. ;-)
If you have a thing for getting an overwhelming amount of compliments on the way you smell, Joop! Nightflight just might be for you.

Tuvok
Tuvok

It is an extremly fresh scent. At the beggining it smells like a simple cologne but after 10 minutes it shows it's true nature. It smells to me like fresh mountain water mixed with flowers and I don't why - amaretto. You can also smell a pineapple note which works for me perfectly. Later the smell starts to be more delicate and ends up with musky base. One of the most beautiful scents I've ever had. For day and night, it can be worn with polo shirt or a suit as well. Leave it for more special ocassion and you will apreciate it even more. On me it smells for around 6 hours but it's not the "pink poison" Joop! Homme ;) It's a quality scent, that I think will be a classic one in the future. I hope they'll never discontinue it.

Sarah Bas Eleazar

Wonderful, strong, intense, sexy, remarkable.
Without doubt the best line Joop.
Predominant smell of fennel, anise. A delight.
I am a woman and use, for me it's unisex!

saqib31
saqib31

it last long very aquaty typical masculine fragrance
very powerful after joop first
i like it most
go for it

raverdudes

Thanks Lemale75! I already own Joop!, the red one. I've been wearing it for years now and it's definitely the best from Joop!, along with What About Adam (too bad this one's been discontinued!)

raverdudes

These reviews are so contradictory I'm afraid to actually buy the cologne!

bronstein
bronstein

This one has a nice name and it was quite fashionable in Central Europe in the first half of the 1990s.

Nevertheless, nowadays it appears about as modern as The Shamen or Stone Temple Pilots, if you know what I mean.

vin570
vin570

I hate this! Too innocent, angelical, makes me think of baby cologne. It doesn't correspond to its name. Night? Flight? I'd call it DiurnalWalk.

andy

by far the best of all the joop fragrances this is extremely fresh and masculine and gives a unique edge that many colognes do not even come close to

its definately diffrent from the original and just sweet and sour enough it becomes spontaneous and sexy on the wearer

its a sweet spicy scent with a nice edgy feel that so many scents are lacking

andy

very good scent and the best thing with joop is it's drydown

iiechapman
iiechapman

Extremely clean smelling scent, has a sour bite to it too which keeps everything interesting. Though for me the scent dies down very quickly, around 2-3 hours in.

Nightflight by Joop! 3.88 out of 5 based on 439 ratings and 64 user reviews

Joop Nightflight Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Joop Nightflight Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Joop Nightflight Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Joop Nightflight Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Joop! Nightflight fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Joop! Nightflight, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nightflight by Joop!. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nightflight by Joop! represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.